[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: Night Elf Azshara (2).jpg (163 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
Night Elf Azshara (2).jpg
163 KB, 1000x800
Drunk on power Highborne Edition.

Discuss Warcraft as a Tabletop campaign setting

>last thread:

>>47147395
>>
File: What could have been.jpg (257 KB, 1415x1597) Image search: [Google]
What could have been.jpg
257 KB, 1415x1597
How would you use the basic creep factions as a true power in the world and threat to both Alliance and Horde?
>>
>>47179340
By forming a confederation of mooks tires of being exp farmed.
>>
>>47179340
Intense Enthusiatic Breeding
>>
File: Manga_Arthas.jpg (147 KB, 513x464) Image search: [Google]
Manga_Arthas.jpg
147 KB, 513x464
>>47178581

>That last thread's post count

Feels so good that these threads are finally dying off.
>>
>>47179516
Well there's only so many WS pics they can post to Jack off to. I still take it over a quest thread that belongs on another board. But yeah Warhammrr lore doesn't leave a lot of room for discussion because it's either needlessly convoluted or inanely simplistic.
>>
>>47178581
Queen Azshara did nothing wrong!
>>
>>47179340
the original basis of WoD was supposed to be Garrosh forming a "mongrel Horde" of gnolls, kobolds, murlocs and quilboars, but that got scrapped in favour of Orclords of Orcnor

>>47179808
fuck off N'zoth
>>
It may be time to only do these threads once a week like the TES Lore threads.

"Warcraft Wednesday" has a nice ring to it
>>
>>47160509

Actually had an RP thing based around this.

My draenei paladin had to come to terms with the fact that the AU version of himself died like a coward.
>>
>>47179808

I'm pretty sure she did everything wrong.
>>
>>47180064
>the original basis of WoD
Where do you think I got the picture?

The idea really makes me want to explore an alternate universe setting where Garrosh had a more perfect fusion with Y'Shaarj and was reborn as a new God of War before being banished, and a bunch of creeps started worshiping him.
>>
I always enjoyed the more subtle side stories than the over the top epics that replaced them as the years went by. Tirion was just some guy who asked you to kill 30 plaguebats.

But that Augustus the Touched guy... loved that dude and I won't forget my surprise finding a quest there or helping him find his receipt book for the first time.

As a tabletop setting I feel it would work best if you pretend it is still 2005 Warcraft. Otherwise everyone would be some fearless and invincible commander who has saved the world a dozen times over.
>>
>>47180341
>As a tabletop setting I feel it would work best if you pretend it is still 2005 Warcraft.
As a tabletop setting, just don't play it like it's a video game or limited to the events of a video game.
>>
>>47179808
She wanted Sargeras's dick. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>47180341
I always got angry that my PC was too stupid to figure out that the quest giver he was talking to was evil. The Abercrombie questions for instance, or the ones you do for the disguised Black Dragon in Searing Gorge from Vanilla.

I liked when they did it with Loken in the Sons of Hodir line though.
>>
>>47179516
This. I'm a lorefag constantly working on wowpedia and even I think those threads are cancer
>>
>>47180555
Trips for truth.

But still Loken was damn smart about it. He didn't say do this and do that and become very direct about it. He just set up a situation that would be logical for the PCs to follow through with. And from those few pebbles, he created an avalanche. Still he had to wait a few weeks for someone to rescue that goblin.
>>
>>47180682
Yeah, Loken is the exception that proves the rule.

I seem to remember at least one quest where your character figured out the guy was evil and took steps to betray him at the end, but i can't remember the details.
>>
>>47180710
Well I remember a quest in TBC where you jump through a few hoops to recover an unholy artifact for benefit of a character nicknamed "mad", and even if the guy who eventually gives you the artifact implores you to destroy it, the quest still has you finish it by delivering the thing.

And iirc you can't even decide to just not do it, or couldn't at the time, because it was prerequisite for several dungeon and raid attunement chains.
>>
>>47180555
the best one is when you accidentally help Teron Gorefiend bring himself back to life by fetching all his shit for him
>>
>>47180341
Yeah, vanilla WoW is probably the best for an RPG setting. The RTS games were obviously focused on the big wars, so it'd be pretty difficult to do anything else in that era but be involved in the war (although playing as a group of Alliance/Horde soldiers could be fun). Vanilla WoW fleshed out a lot of stuff that wasn't previously touched and has a good setup for lots of potential adventure hooks: you've got Kalimdor being mostly unexplored, an uneasy cold war between Alliance and Horde that might turn hot depending on the events, and multiple potential villains, that while not world-threathening, would work well as campaign BBEG.
Like, players could start fighting the Defias insurgents, eventually unearthing their conenction to corrupt nobles in Stormwind and finding out that it's actually a black dragon pulling the strings, ending with the players journeying to Dustwallow marsh to confront and slay Onyxia.

Later games were more about fighting a specific villain (Illidan, Lich King, Deathwing and the Twilight Cult...), which gives a bit less freedom, and especially from Cataclysm onward revolve heavily around faction leaders and other big-named lore characters, which is unsuited for tabletop (nobody likes DMPC Thrall showing up and stealing their glory).
>>
File: Whitemane Transmog.png (351 KB, 771x663) Image search: [Google]
Whitemane Transmog.png
351 KB, 771x663
Your orb of the sin'dorei malfunctions. Regardless of what your character was before they're now stuck as a blood elf.

Wat do.

Hard mode: female belf
>>
>>47181239
That reminds me is there something that allows you to look like a fel Blood elf?
>>
>>47181239
>they're now stuck as a blood elf.
>Wat do.
NOW YOU WILL TASTE TRUE POWER
>>
>>47181376

SALAMI ASHALANORE
>>
>>47178581

Real shame they had to go naga, Azshara and Vashj were insanely QT originally.

I've seen a pic of naga Tyrande, but it's too NSFW for this board.
>>
>>47181479
>naga Tyrande
How NSFW is it?
>>
>>47181239
What if I was a Blood Elf to begin with?
>>
>>47181479
link?
>>
>>47181729
Well I found this, though it may be Vashj
>>
>>47181716

I don't believe you. You were just rubbing your orb all the time, TAUREN
>>
>>47179340
Cult of the damned infiltrates Westfall and begins raising defias, gnolls, murlocs, and others to form a new mook scourge led by a mysterious rogue lich.
>>
>>47179340
Forsaken get tired of Sylvanas' shit and kick her out, she and her banshees return to their roots and start mind controlling the leaders of creep races.
>>
>>47178581
>Aszhara will be 50 feet tall for no reason.
>>
Since this thread says "discuss Warcraft as a tabletop setting", I figured I might as well see if there's any interest in making 5e D&D profiles for the races. This is the revamped Draenei I cooked up; any suggestions/requests for the next race to try and tinker with?

Draenei 5e, 1st Draft:
Ability Score Modifier: +1 Strength, +1 Intelligence, +1 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 30 feet
Gift of the Naaru: You know the Cure Wounds spell and can cast it with this trait once per short rest or long rest.
Shadow Resistance: You have Resistance to Necrotic damage and are Immune to effects that would lower your maximum hit point value.
Powerful Build: You are treated as being one size category larger for determining your carrying capacity and the weight limit that you can push, drag or lift.
>>
>>47178581
from the thumbnail I thought that her left eyebrow and left ear made a beak, and that she was some kind of blue bird with tits.
>>
File: Draenei.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Draenei.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47183505
Did this a while ago. I stuck to the standard 5th edition stat formula (+2 to one stat, +1 to another), although Draenei would probably work better with a different formula (really, they'd probably work best in 3.X as a race with fairly high LA but bonuses to int, wis and cha, maybe str for males considering they're pretty big and strong).
>>
>>47183627
I basically figured that, since it still worked out as the basic +3 bonus, and there are exceptions (for example, humans get +1 to all stats, for a total bonus of +6), and Strength (21), Intellect (21) and Spirit (22) are the highest default stats for Draenei, I figured a +1 to Strength, Intelligence and Wisdom would work just fine for them in 5e.

That said, I like your version of the Gift of the Naaru ability better. Not sure how I feel about Light-Given Knowledge, but I like my version of Shadow Resistance more, and I still like the incorporation of Powerful Build, which respects their significant stature better.

Thanks for sharing, though!
>>
>>47183627
Why wisdom and intelligence and not wisdom and charisma?
>>
>>47183958
The problem with powerful build is that, as far as warcraft races go, the draenei build isn't impressive

orcs, tauren and dwarves are all directly stronger than them, and orcs, tauren, trolls, worgen and night elves are all taller than them
>>
I am happy to see Tichondrius returning in WoW. Always felt like he deserves to play a high role.

How would you include Dreadlords in your games? I am interested in, if not a full-blown Warcraft RPG, at least include them in other games
>>
>>47185254
imo Dreadlords should be puppetmasters running the campaign from the shadows, maybe appearing at the very end as the BBEG if your party is strong enough
>>
>>47185254
Basically the same way I use ancient dragons

Powerful, cunning, greedy. Reluctant to involve themselves personally, can have plans that go for generations, but with the same weakness of arrogance.
>>
>>47185254
He's coming back? You'd think Illidan of all people would have known how to permakill a demon.
>>
>last thread:

Wishing it was.
>>
File: Tichondrius.jpg (356 KB, 1439x811) Image search: [Google]
Tichondrius.jpg
356 KB, 1439x811
>>47185922
Yep.

He's showing up with Anetheron and Mephistroth in a large scale demon battle, and then he's the final boss of a raid
>>
>>47186055
>and then he's the final boss of a raid

Gul'dan is the final boss. Tichondrius is a midboss at best.
>>
>>47181479

>implying nagas and tentacled sea witches can't be qt
>>
>>47186355
I womnder how to make peace with the naga. Imagine living into a boat house with your naga wife, making paintings from her naked body.
>>
File: Queen of the Abyss.jpg (537 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Queen of the Abyss.jpg
537 KB, 1680x1050
>>47186355
All praise the Light Beneath the Tides.
>>
>>47183627
Should have +1 strength instead of int

Fuckers are mad strong
>>
>>47183627
>make draenei
>they are terrible paladins

Why even bother
>>
>>47185922
>He's coming back? You'd think Illidan of all people would have known how to permakill a demon.
The only way to permakill a demon is to kill them in the Twisting Nether

In Legion Illidan sends a crew of Demon Hunters to the Twisting Nether to kill a lot of demons and steal their space ships
>>
>>47187341
>>make draenei
>>they are terrible paladins

Just like in Warcraft.
>>
>>47184905
Because, as I said, Str/Int/Wis are their biggest stats in the actual /vg/ version. Is there anything that suggests that they'd get a Cha boost beyond the fandom joke that everyone wants to bang their women?

>>47185076
Not being super familiar with the /vg/ material, I guess you may have a point. I went with powerful build because I was pretty sure that, between their stature being on the very limits of Large sized and their inherent strength (remember, all Draenei start with min Str of 21 in the game), it was a nice nod to their being "borderline Large creatures".
>>
>>47187459
>Is there anything that suggests that they'd get a Cha boost beyond the fandom joke that everyone wants to bang their women?
For one, every single one of them have the willpower to channel the Light regardless of class, and they're the race that paladinhood comes most naturally to. Also, while I've never played WoD, they used to have fairly strong personalities back in TBC. All in all, I'd say there's no reason they'd have less CHA than an aasimar or a dragonborn.
>>
File: Faceless Caster.jpg (240 KB, 1522x1550) Image search: [Google]
Faceless Caster.jpg
240 KB, 1522x1550
Would you play a jellyfish riding squid man?
>>
>>47181268
Yes. Its a toy in WoD.
>>
>>47188793
the Old Gods' minions are so cool
>>
>>47183627
Nice. Good job, anon.
>>
File: monster-lord-marrowgar-large.jpg (413 KB, 704x470) Image search: [Google]
monster-lord-marrowgar-large.jpg
413 KB, 704x470
>>47190420
WoW has some pretty interesting designs for most of its monsters.
>>
File: Naga Brute.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Naga Brute.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>47193446
There's something about their concept art that I just love, even if they don't always translate it into the actual game all that well. The in-game version of this Naga Brute here was actually given legs, because they just slapped it onto one of those yeti skeletons. It completely destroys the effect and makes it look silly.
>>
>>47193446
seeing how many variations of "undead monstrosity" they could fit into Wrath and still be original was pretty cool
>>
>>47187459
yes, but cha isn't a stat in WoW, and their highest stat is spirit, which is sort of a combination of wisdom and charisma
>>
>>47193446
It's a shame that the Marrowgar model ended up getting used what, twice?
>>
>>47194576
Earthrager Ptah was pretty cool though
>>
Which race's females have the best tiddies?
>>
>>47194713
humans post-model update
draenei before
>>
>>47194713
what >>47194748 said. I personally think humans, draenei and belfs have the best tiddies post model update
>>
File: boobs in warcraft.jpg (211 KB, 746x640) Image search: [Google]
boobs in warcraft.jpg
211 KB, 746x640
>>47194713
>>
>>47195106
after the model update, humans are pure saemon daemon, it feels weird to think the most vanilla race is the hottest, but Blizzard did it somehow
>>
>>47195377
I liked the new nightelf model before blizzard changed the running animation. Now it looks like they have a stick up their butt.
>>
>>47195393
All the new models just seem off to me, but I assume that's just cause I looked at the old ones for so long
>>
>>47195480
to bring it back to roleplaying, nightelves are like 10 feet tall.

Do they crouch down when talking to dwarves? Wouldn't it be awkward for shorter humans for their eyes to be at the crotch level of nightelves?
>>
>>47195558
>nightelves are like 10 feet tall.
I'm pretty sure they're closer to 7.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>47195377
>humans being best
>weird
>>
>>47195579
I guess you are right, night elf men are around 7 to 8 feet tall usually.

Still that begs the question? Do they squat down when talking to dwarves to do the dwarves just stare into the elf crotch?

Wouldn't they trip over gnomes in the same way humans frequently trip over small dogs? I suppose gnomes are a lot less likely to linger near an elf's feet than a dog begging for food or affection might...
>>
>>47195630
Night Elves quickly learned that tripping over Gnomes leads to painful retribution.
>>
>>47195585
>lost two kingdoms from the Alliance
>considered a success because he was mean to elves
human """generals"""
>>
>>47196135
Only master b8ers and /pol/acks consider that guy a success desu.
He was never meant to represent anything else than an unsympathetic authority figure and abuse of power.
>>
>>47178581

Why doesn't Azshara wear clothes?
>>
>>47196417
Because she's hot and she knows it. Like, supernatural mind control levels of hotness here.
>>
>>47186435
Like in that one Ginea Pig episode with the mermaid?
>>
>>47188789
I could change it to Cha. I felt that they probably should get a Cha boost since paladin is essentially their "favored class" lore-wise, but sticking to the two stat formula of standard 5th edition races, I had to choose between Wis, Int and Cha. Draenei are supposed to be very intelligent, and also make good mages, so Int made sense. And I though Wis would better reflect their spirituality and, you know, being very wise.

Had I done them in 3.5, I'd have geiven them bonuses to all three, probably Str as well, and made them a LA race (because, really, Draenei do pretty much everything better than most races).
>>
>>47196485

She could still do with some pants or at the very least some shoes. She looks like a hooker, not a queen
>>
>>47196620
>She looks like a hooker, not a queen
whynotboth.claytablet
>>
>>47196485

When you "wipe" if you don't interrupt her big mind control nuke you're actually enslaved and forced to become a sex toy for her and her demons for eternity.
>>
>>47196528

4e makes it a lot easier.

You can easily go: +2 Cha, +2 Str OR Int.

Makes them fantastic as several different character types.
>>
>>47196620
It's not even that bad, it's just a slutty dinner dress, which are real things real people wear. And for once, her wearing clothes that show off her assets is part of her character. Bitch loved to tease and yet never put out, but she could do that because mind control. She even turned straight women gay. Her handmaidens were a pack of ferocious lezzos who'd cut their mother's throat for a nippletwister.
>>
>>47196724
>even turned straight women gay

Just look at Tyrande
>>
>>47196753
Nah, apparently the power of Malfurion D was stronger than Azshy mindrape.
>>
>>47196776

I'm sure Tyrande was lapping at the queen's snatch like a good pet at some point
>>
>>47194576
One time in cata, one time in WoD and now there is a boss in legion with this model. So four times.
>>
>>47196724

plus night elves lived in tropics at that time, so wearing little in general makes sense just like with trolls
>>
>>47196890

They also have the innate elemental resistance of trolls since they are just trolls mutated by Titan jizz.
>>
>>47178581

her foot and fingers are extremely poorly painted. i dunno why but I just can't get past it. look at her left hand, all her fingers are missing a joint
>>
>>47197079
I think it's just a horrible angle. Speaking of angles, now that I'm looking at it, there's no way she'd want to look at herself in the mirror from that angle. You ever open your phone's camera from that angle? it's horrible. Probably why the mirror's tilted up so she can't even see herself.
>>
>>47197201

I'm kind of picturing her seeing herself all skewed with huge buck teeth and a huge-asshonker now.
>>
>>47196676

And since you're transformed into a night elf for that instance it'll be a sexy sexy eternity of sex slavery.
>>
>>47196528
I would make it a choice

+1 CHA and
+2 STR (paladin) or +2 INT (mage) or +2 WIS (cleric)
>>
>>47196863
Why isn't there art/fic of this?
>>
>>47198814

Since it's not canon?
>>
>>47196724
>She even turned straight women gay. Her handmaidens were a pack of ferocious lezzos who'd cut their mother's throat for a nippletwister.
Where is this mentioned?
>>
>>47200073
Memory help me, I think WotA heavily insinuated it.
>>
>>47200073
Knaak wrote WotA-era Vashj as highly jealous of Azshara's favor towards Tyrande. Some people read that to mean that the entire court was a yandere rugmunching club in heat.

It's not canon, just /tg/ being horny again.
>>
So, the frozen throne ending is clearly the culmination of a lot of planning on Nerzhuls end, finally getting a good physical body (arthas) to possess, and freeing himself from the frozen throne. Ignoring the sillyness we actually got, what do you think his next step/long term plans would be? Remember, before the mmo the lich king was basicly a master manipulator, using visions of the future to make sure he ended up on top.
>>
>>47201769
Definitely gather up forces to actually defeat Kil'jaeden.

First of all he'd have gone back to Lordaeron, help Kel get rid of Sylvanas and the Forsaken. Actually, I think that the fact Forsaken still exist after Arthas merges with Ner'zhul is absurd, they were meant to be free-willed because the Lich King was weak, once he returned to strength he should have been able to control them again. But if not, he'd destroy them and raise them again, for sure.

I am under the assumption that nothing of WoW counts, because it's absurd that Arthas just let Illidan walk free after their fight, he'd have raised him as an undead champion. With all that, the Lich King would know that once his hold on Lordaeron was known, the Horde, Alliance and Night Elves would go after his ass, so he'd need to weaken them all.

I am in favor of thinking he'd try and manipulate a Horde-Alliance war so that none would be capable of actually facing him.
>>
>>47179357
>centaurs, murlocs, gnolls, troggs, quilboars, kobolds form their own alliance/horde counterpart
>manage to become an actual threat due to sheer numbers and not having been actively the targeted by the last four expansion badguys
>>
>>47201946
I can believe murlocs, gnolls, quilboars and kobolds. But centaurs are defined by their own infighting, they fought each other more than they fought anyone else, ever, and troggs are incredibly stupid even by the standards set by gnolls and kobolds, I don't think they're even intelligent enough to understand the concept of an "alliance"
>>
>>47201946
there's actually a quest in Catclysm Loch Modan where kobolds enslave troggs and ally with gnolls to form a power block, but when they try to ally with murlocs you fuck it up and the gnoll organizing the whole thing gets killed
>>
>>47201852
After Arthas beat Illidan, he left him to die in the snow, Arthas was running short on time by then, he needed to get to the frozen throne as soon as possible

Illidan presumably fled in between when he was beaten, but before Arthas got the throne and could come back to raise him.

Or, at least, that's what I always thought the implication was, maybe I'm jut reading too much into things
>>
File: Gul'dan.jpg (778 KB, 2985x939) Image search: [Google]
Gul'dan.jpg
778 KB, 2985x939
So, do you guys like Gul'dan's new model?

Makes for some interesting orc-warlock endgoal
>>
>>47202076
I thought he turned orange.
>>
>>47201852
When TFT came out, way, way back, I assumed Illidan was dead as well (and I did think the loss was bullshit, but that is beside the point)
Illidan as an undead champion for the Lich King is a rather cool idea, though.
Would he have gone straight away, or built up his forces, recovered from the symphony/battle of ice and fire?

Manipulating a new war seems reasonable and probably a bit of a long term endeavour, I figure the Lich King showing up personally in Lordaeron could be a bit contraproductive in that it would reveal his presence, then again if you ignore WoW, the pre mmo implication really was that the northern half of the eastern kingdoms past dalaran was pretty devoid of life.
>>
>>47202232
See, that's the thing about the Scourge that I think WoW just handily ignored. It's an army that never stops growing. Every time they win a battle they are essentially taking no losses, and gaining a whole new army.

I don't think Arthas himself would've gone south. Assuming stuff like the vrykul exist, or there's an Old God frozen in Northrend, he'd take those matters personally. But he did resurrect some blood elves as vampires, he still had Anub'arak, or he could've sent the reanimated Illidan/Kael/Vashj to go help Kel'Thuzad retake Lordaeron.

Thing is, in WoW you never get the feeling of just how impossible to fight back the Scourge would actually be. Even just sending a Lich and some acolytes somewhere could result in a massive army, some years down the line. It worked on Lordaeron, why would he stop doing it now?

I think the only reason the Lich King would get in a rush would be if he knew a Burning Legion attack was imminent. No reason otherwise. He can have all his underlings fighting his wars while he deals with all "bring the Legion back" matters personally.
>>
>>47202381
The regrowing an army aspect, I figured it was relevant since he would have lost quite a sizeable amount of troops due to fighting an enemy that used fire so much (blood elves). Given that the undead take alot of casualties (intentionally), that would probably be enough troops so that even using blood elven/naga corpses from that campaign, it would take some time. And related to that, if the lich king wants to defeated Kiljaeden, he kind of wants the organics to repopulate, so he can kill and resurrect more of them, to fight the burning legion.
But yeah, the long con is very beneficial to the Scourges approach.
in TFT, were we shown anything about the status of the remnants of the scourge or the burning legion in azeroth?
I would assume though, since it's not shown in an ingame cutscene or the like, that Kael/Vash survived the battle, or would be working hard to recover illidans corpse, burn it, or just generally evacuate their troops that are still alive.
Anyway, urge to start a campaign that starts right after illidans death/Arthas ascension is increasing. Could have a nice saving private ryan feel to it, except you are running away instead of invading.
>>
>>47202381
>It worked on Lordaeron, why would he stop doing it now?
the only reason Arthas lost is because the PCs have to win. Even Blizzard couldn't justify him losing except through a giant fucking asspull
>>
>>47193446

BOOOOONNNNEEEEESTOOOOOOOORM
>>
>>47201769
Ner'zhul has honestly not had much in the way of motivation at any point in the series, really. Pretty much everything he did was to get out of some bad situation or other.
>the draenei are going to murderfuck us if we don't murderfuck them, FUCK!
>draenor is a mess, if we stay here we'll die to famine and disease, FUCK!
>the planet is exploding and some humans are about to kill me, DOUBLEFUCK!
>OH FUCK IT'S KIL'JAEDEN!
>gotta do what the Legion says, or else, FUCK!
>fuck you Legion, you can't tell me what to do!
>this crazy night elf is gonna kill me, get the FUCK over here Arthas!
>maybe now I can get some fucking sleep
>>
File: 1349816812831.jpg (295 KB, 664x955) Image search: [Google]
1349816812831.jpg
295 KB, 664x955
>>47202381
>in WoW you never get the feeling of just how impossible to fight back the Scourge would actually be
We did in the pre-launch event...
>>
>>47202737
>We did in the pre-launch event...
no fun allowed, how can I afk in Orgrimmar waiting for auctions to expire if zombies are attacking
>>
>>47202737
The Prelaunch Event made it obvious that the community is, in fact, a bunch of shitters and babies that can't handle it if anything ever disturbs their theme park experience. They love to talk about challenge, PVP, memorable events and variety in the game, but holy shit, the ONE TIME something's different about the world, everyone's getting assblasted.
It pains me, but this one time Blizzard is right when they say that people don't actually know what they want.
>>
>>47202737
But that was in a direct attack, which yes, would also be hard to fight, but theoretically possible.

But really, Arthas would just keep sending undead, gain followers among humans and orcs (really though, if the Lich King still had some Ner'zhul in him, he should know how to manipulate the orcs), spread the plague, and only ever really fighting if he was in a hurry. The only times the Scourge is actually doing stuff in Warcraft III is because the Burning Legion is forcing them to.

But yes, even in an all out attack the Scourge would just be invincible. You can't fight back an enemy that needs no real resources and gets stronger after every battle.
>>
>>47202023
>incredibly stupid even by the standards set by gnolls
Gnolls aren't actually all that stupid. They were smart enough to be a serious threat to Stormwind, and slaying their leader was enough for Stormwind's king to earn the title "The Adamant".

All that it would take to make them a real threat is a competent leader.
>>
>>47202849
Well, they're not ENTIRELY invincible. They got a solid power base through the plague, but once people started countering or avoiding that, they have to use necromancy, which requires time and energy from even an undead caster.

As for the cult thing, I'm not sure it would be quite as easy as you say. Lordaeron was a complacent nation that didn't even know that the Scourge existed, which gave the Cult of the Damned a lot of freedom to go about their business.
>>
File: demon hunters.jpg (42 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
demon hunters.jpg
42 KB, 600x450
>>47202849
>But yes, even in an all out attack the Scourge would just be invincible.

Then why are we fighting the Legion this expansion?
>>
>>47204849
How many times did Maiev rape Illidan? Did other wardens join? Is that why Cordana is going along with Gul'dan?
>>
>>47204849
Because Blizzard wants to see your image come true.
>>
>>47202076
How does he keep balance with those horns growing out of him? Can he sit on anything except stools? How does he sleep?
>>
File: 140217_kargath01.jpg (149 KB, 585x350) Image search: [Google]
140217_kargath01.jpg
149 KB, 585x350
>>47206882
Remember Kargath from TBC? With TWO bladefists?
How does he wipe his ass? Or feed himself? Or scratch his nose?
Does he have a peon waiting in the wings to take care of all those things for him?
>>
>>47207554
>that one image where he has a blade for a dick
>>
>>47196257
>what are jokes
>>
>>47207554
>Remember Kargath from TBC? With TWO bladefists?
twice as cool as Kargath from WoD desu
>>
>>47207554
And look at those tusks! This guy's lower jaw must weight a ton, how does he even eat?
>>
>>47207554
i imagined a Kargath return in WoD where he had every limb as a sword, a crotch or belt buckle blade and one on a hat. he span around like a top and ended up taking out whatever the end boss was gonna be for the expansion as a surprise plot twist
>>
File: MJ laugh.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
MJ laugh.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>47207799
>he span around like a top and ended up taking out whatever the end boss was gonna be for the expansion as a surprise plot twist
>>
>>47207799
>regular Kargath dies in Highmaul
>comes back in HFC as his spirit bound into a sword golem
>>
>>47196417
>>47196620
She brought the Legion to Azeroth because Sargeras made her wet. She is the biggest slut in the history of Warcraft.
>>
>>47202580
And after the Argent Crusade knocked his shit over a guy who is permanently on fire and screaming took Arthas's place. Poor guy is never going to get his nap.
>>
>>47208075
>has players clean the noisy ghosts out of Icecrown
>gives them the shards of Frostmourne, also filled with noisy ghosts
>then sends them off with his authority so he doesn't have to leave the throne and do anything himself

Seems like he's finally getting that nap to me. Sleep tight Ner'zhul.
>>
>>47209086
Ner'zhul isn't even around anymore. He was absorbed by Arthas and then it was just Arthas as the LK from then out
>>
>>47209211
Bolvar's weird behavior hints there may be something left, even if its only the faint urge to act evil and fuck with paladins.

Still, I think most people agree that offing Ner'zhul in a book was a bad idea, and it might as well be ignored since they didn't even keep it consistent in the expansion. I remember at least one quest where he mentions being an ex-shaman.
>>
>>47202076
Would have preferred if they had kept that decrepit orc theme going, even for one so steeped with demonic energy. A visual foil to all the oiled abs in the legion. Old badass sort of trope.
>>
>>47209398
Which quest was that?
>>
>>47210856
It's an Ally quest in Howling Fjord where you have to go to the spirit realm to see why stuff is all messed up only to find the Lich King chilling there. If you get too close to him he tells you he can enter the spirit world with his Shaman magic and then one hit KOs your pc
>>
Kael'thas did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>47213004
>Sells out to Kil'jaeden and the Burning Legion just to get that green demon juice
>muh people
>>
File: 1457405905070.jpg (120 KB, 311x376) Image search: [Google]
1457405905070.jpg
120 KB, 311x376
>>47178581
I don't play WoW, and only played a bit of Warcraft II waaay back in the day, but I've always been meaning to ask from people more knowledgeable about the lore...

Is it canon that the Draenei or whatever they are called all have giant horse cocks? Even the females? Because all of the ...um...art...references...I see always depict it that way.
>>
>>47213048
No, they're just the only race that could, since they're weird hooved aliens
>>
>>47213048
It's recurring porn meme, but to best of my knowledge it's nowhere near canon.
>>
>>47213153

Given how tight the pants of Draenei women in WoW usually are, that being canon would be extremely painful.
>>
>>47200810
>Some people read that to mean that the entire court was a yandere rugmunching club in heat.

>you will never have a story where Tyrande tries to reason with Azshara but is slowly overpowered by her seduction magic

>you will never read about the proud, willful priestess losing herself to passion and submitting to her queen

>you will never experience Tyrande fitted with a collar, desperate for her queen's favors
>>
>>47213472
Fuck /u/.
>>
>>47202810
So we got an exclusive scenario as a pre-launch after that!!!
I hate this shitty community.
>>
>>47213611

Fine, you can imagine Azshara keeps a huge dick under that loincloth if that works better for you.
>>
>>47204849
Because with Bolvar in charge Scourge isn't a threat right now, and the Legion's come back to fuck up everything. Bolvar is apparently going to use the Scourge to fight them, but even that's likely not enough on their own. Legion in their full power outnumbers even the Scourge, demons don't always leave bodies (and if they do, I don't know if they can be raised; I've never seen an undead demon, and their soul just returns to the Nether on death), and they have a lot of fire magic that can reduce the undead to ashes.

You can't really beat the Legion by mashing armies together untill you win, because that'll just slow them down. You have to remove their means of summoning reinforcements, like blowing up the Well of Eternity or killing the big demons summoning all the lesser demons, which presumably fall to the PCs.
>>
File: parvink.jpg (41 KB, 448x512) Image search: [Google]
parvink.jpg
41 KB, 448x512
Are Gnomes the only race who never fucked anything up and if they did they cleaned up after themselves? All other races seem to be horrible assholes in comparison.
>>
>>47214150
Basically, the armies are just there to try and keep the Legion contained long enough for the really powerful people to close their gates or sabotage stuff on the other side of their portals.
>>
>>47214177

Humans are trying their best to clean up shit but they keep getting sabotages by...other humans.
>>
>>47214177
>Never fucked up
>Literally nuked their own capital and most of their race

Um Anon...
>>
>>47214177
They still haven't cleaned up Gnomeragan
>>
>>47214189
>>47214199
And they are working on cleaning it up themselves and if Blizzard wasn't such a hack company they would have their capital already.

But other than blowing their capital up, something that seems rather small compared to the shit that, let's say Orcs did, they seem to have a pretty good record.
>>
>>47214188
True, humans are pretty decent as well. Who are the biggest dicks? Orcs, Trolls, Draenei and various Elves? Suppose Forsaken have a pretty impressive track record as assholes, considering they only exsisted for.. 15 years?
>>
>>47214212
There's a hell of a lot less of them then there are the other races. And there seemed to be pretty well represented in the Twilight Hammer and Cult of the Damned
>>
>>47214224
9 years I believe. The Forsaken broke from the Scourge 3 years prior to WoW, and add vanilla and five expansions taking a year each.
>>
>>47214224

Orcs, forsaken and blood elves. Mostly because of shitty writing but boy do they go out of their way to be assholes and then cry opression when the pendulum swings back.

>>47214226

Draenei were also pretty well represented in all cults, especially the dragoncult. Broken even joined the Shadow Council en masse and the first thing the Lost Ones in Zangar did was to found a druidic religion. Guess draenei stay religious no matter what or where do they fall.
>>
>>47214377
When have blood elves been oppressed since WoW?
>>
>>47214377
Blood Elves pretty much became good guys after the sunwell came back at the end of TBC. Yeah there's a few bad eggs but they're nowhere near some of the others in terms of being dicks.
>>
>>47214224
>Draenei
For what reason?

The greatest megacunts are undeniably Blood Elves and Forsaken. They are the only race where a significant part of the population are dicks.

Orcs are just retards. They are a race mostly consisting of idiots, simpletons and tards and that's why they get easily used by actually intelligent Orcs for whatever they want. It's also why Thrall was their only hope of ever becoming more than slobbering idiots.
>>
>>47214409
On /tg/.
>>
>>47214409

>kick out all the high elves out of their lands for not wanting to slurp demon juice
>high elves go to the alliance and dalaran
>FUKKIN TRAITOR HIGH ELVES, HOW COULD THEY DO THIS

>undead shit starts up in human lands
>WHEW, THOUGH SHIT, GOOD THING WE LEFT THE ALLIANCE AFTER THE SECOND WAR =:DDD GOOD LUCK HUMANS =:)
>WOOOOOW THE UNDEAD ARE INVADING US, ALLIANCE PLS HELP

They keep crying about the meanie humies not helping them ever since

Also, theres the gem that the WC3TFT campaign is

>well, we joined the alliance nao, lets fight some undead =:DDDD
>what? stay and defend dalaran while you are marching to meet the undead horrifically outnumbered? BUT WE WANNA FITE BAWWWWW
>what? r u saying we have to fight the undead nao? and horrifically outnumbered? BAWWWWWWWWWWWW
>oh well, this nice snek lady will help =:DDDDDDDD
>what? u sayin allying with strange monsters isnt good and we have to fight again? FUCK YOU DAD I DONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW IM GETTING COURT MARTIALED HERE
>>
>>47214409
Please don't enable Garithosfag. Or Kael'thasfag. Or Forsakenfag.
In fact, just don't enable fags.
>>
>>47178581

Why is she dressed like a whore?
>>
>>47214466
Garithos please leave
>>
>>47214481
I'm just glad Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas is based mostly off his TFT depiction and not his TBC version.
>>
>>47214481
>>47214486

Its a testament to shitty writing that a literal once dimensional racist strawman like Garithos comes off as right and just. Same shit as Daelin Proudmoore and Garrosh. When you write yourself in a corner, have no idea where to proceed or just want some instant conflict just throw in a racis' strawman
>>
>>47214466

Oh, right, they were kind of giant dicks to loyalist elves, although In the Shadow of the Sun paints that in a different light, and since In the Shadow of the Sun is one of the few bits of good WoW writing, I'm inclined to believe it
>>
>>47214513
Yeah, that's why I consider it entirely reasonable to discard all lore from Cataclysm onwards

Because the moment Daelin and Garithos come across as reasonable, that's when it's time to abandon that shit
>>
File: chloe.jpg (50 KB, 300x381) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
50 KB, 300x381
>>47214481
I am a Gnomefag but I have nothing to fag about other than being a based race and having cute shortstacks.

>>47214453
>Orcs are just retards
Makes you wonder how they are able to survive. They are probably most proficient at fucking shit up for people who just want to be left alone. Why the Nightelf haven't kicked them out of Ashenvale is beyond me though.
>>
>>47214539
Because only young orcs and Mag'har are retards, and Splintertree outpost is mostly attended to by old orcs.

This is the one thing that reflects the worst upon Thrall, for all the good he did, he utterly failed to impart how important it was to keep the peace on the next generation, combine that with his hero worship of Grom, and, well, that's why the Horde is shit now
>>
>>47214539
>Makes you wonder how they are able to survive.
Well, they are big, strong and resilient. You don't have to be clever to farm pigs if someone tells you where to do it and gives you the animals and you can still hunt if you are dumb as a bag of bricks, you just keep walking until you come across something alive and then you kill it. Considering Durotar consists 100% of predators or animals that just want to kill you regardless, that strategy works out nicely.
>>
>>47214570
Thrall was raised by humans and tried to bring human diplomacy to the Horde. As we have plainly seen, it didn't work too well.
>>
>>47214586
But it did work, for the most part
>>
>>47214538

Daelin WAS reasonable.

He was a king(High Admiral, but really the same) of a faithful Alliance nation, one of the greatest heroes of the Second War and quite possibly still the highest ranked officer of all the remaining Alliance troops with his six or seven stars. He was nothing but a dedicated and righteous champion of humanity, serving his nation and his race(shut up hitler, its a fantasy setting) dutifully aganist the orcish scourge trying to genocide them. Then at one day, he learns about a mass breakout of orcs and an exodus of orcs and humans to the new world. Thinking his homeworld safe from the undead behind their wooden walls, he grabs an expeditionary force and does find a sizeable orcish settlement, hellbent on restoring their power. Then his own daughter kills him, committing patricide and regicide, LITERALLY the most heinous crimes possible, treason aganist family and nation. No one ever brings this up again. This is also presented as great justice and a victory that buys peace for our time. And a couple years down the line he is completely right, the orcs did genocide everyone in that city, and kidnapped the rest. Forcing civilians to fight eachother to death for their orcish captors amusement and using pregnant women as archery targets.
Great writing there, metzen. I especially liked the "fist pumping moment" when we took orgrimmar and thebitch king of Stormwind just went "play nice now guys" before scurrying away.
>>
>>47214586
It didn't work because he got up and left in the middle of it. You can't transform a race of barbarians in less than ten years, it takes a lifetime of teaching and crushing boneheads.

>>47214570
>This is the one thing that reflects the worst upon Thrall
He's also an incredibly shitty judge of character.

>Yes, GoblinPC, I will team up with you and overthrow this sadistical tyrant of a goblin that's working your people to death.
>Hell, there, monstrous dictator! What, now that we have defeated you, you pledge allegiance to the Horde and to change your ways?
>You say you will run the cartell differently now?
>Why, I have no reason to ever distrust you, I will name you leader of all Goblinkind, even though they all hate you to the bone!

It's a miracle no Sapper suicide bombed them both on the spot.
>>
>>47214617
See, the problem is that when his story was first written, he wasn't supposed to be right. He was supposed to be a maniac that chased the now peaceful Orcs across the world, took over his daughter's city and forced the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls into a war they did not want.

Then Blizzard shat the bed with the story and yes, suddenly he was right.
>>
File: tumblr_n5j50stseO1r1jeyko1_540.png (85 KB, 540x341) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5j50stseO1r1jeyko1_540.png
85 KB, 540x341
>>47214617
Stop, we've had this discussion too many damn times in hear threads.

Instead let's talk emotive Draenei tails.
>>
>>47214649
This is one strong tail.
>>
>>47209211
>>47209398
In Legion when doing the Frost DK artifact weapon quest you need to "cleanse" the shards of Frostmourne from the presence of Arthas and Ner'zhul.
When Arthas dies he repeats his line about seeing only darkness, but when Ner'zhul dies he complains you foil his plans. An OT Ner'zhul return is not out of the question.
>>
File: Grom_Hellscream_Glowei028c.jpg (121 KB, 550x558) Image search: [Google]
Grom_Hellscream_Glowei028c.jpg
121 KB, 550x558
>>47214646
>the now peaceful Orcs

They were never peaceful. At no point in time the green faggots even tried to be peaceful. New continent? Let's fuck up every Nightelf we come across because we need wood. Kill all humans we come across, build out city literally between Nelf lands and a Kul Tiras settlement.

There isn't a point in time where they shouldn't have been put down by any other race.
>>
>>47214621
I honestly don't consider that to be bad writing, but rather Thralls's character flaw... As a general rule, the Gallywix thing was beyond retarded
>>
File: elf14_zpsr8h4mo6x.jpg-original.jpg (198 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
elf14_zpsr8h4mo6x.jpg-original.jpg
198 KB, 1024x768
>>47214702
>>
>>47214702
All the problems with the Nelves are basically due to the Warsong Clan, and all of it was done without Thrall's authorization. The initial attacks? All Grom and Thrall stuck his foot up his ass when he saw was going on. The stuff in Vanilla? Basically just border skirmishes between deniable assets hired by the Warsong Clan. Civilians didn't get involved until Cataclysm which is all on Garrosh.
>>
>>47214790
I wish Thrall had realised how much of a moron Grom was in between Warcraft 3 and BC

So many problems could have been solved if he had just said the general orc populace "don't worship this guy, he was a dumbass" and didn't tell Garrosh to follow his retard father's footsteps
>>
>>47213746
I'd watch it
>>
>>47214790
>b-but not all orcs!

If Thrall wanted to put an end to the senseless slaughter in Ashenvale he could have done so. And if there were seriously some orcs that were interested in peace the whole Cataclysm Orc-bs wouldn't have happened.

It is one hippy Orc who wants peace and a race of homocidal maniacs who need to be put down for the better of not only one, but two worlds in 2 different timelines.
>>
>>47214702
>Let's fuck up every Nightelf we come across because we need wood.
The Night Elves attacked the orcs first for taking the lumber.
>>
>>47214829
He tried to use him as a warning example, but the younger generation took the wrong message from it.

That said Garrosh and his Orc Nazis were purged from the Horde after Mists. Hopefully Sylvanas will be next so the Horde can start being respectable again.
>>
>>47214851
No he couldn't have, not without denying the horde access to wood

Mulgore, the Barrens, the Thousand Needles, Durotar, and possibly Desolace are the only places really under Horde control, for the most part. None of those places have a whole lot of trees. Except perhaps the barrens if you're willing to harvest the unnatural oases, which is probably a really, really bad idea
>>
The warsong camp in Ashenvale is pure WoW horseshit. Post Legion Invasion, there is no mention of it in WC3, and thus it's irrelevant for the discussion of the Orcs during that time.
WoW made Orcs 100% into monsters, retards or evil. But that wasn't the intention when they wrote TfT.
>>
>>47214890
Even if the end of Seige of Orgrimmar was dumb as shit, for the most part it was really fun to kick Garrosh's shit in

I still wouldn't run a campaign set after that though, because I consider the bombing of Theramore to be the point of no return for Warcraft lore. It will never be good again
>>
>>47214851
It's not all Orcs, it's one clan and the dumbass family that leads them. And there wasn't any slaughter in Ashenvale until after Thrall set down. Warsong gulch is pretty much two mercenary groups duking it out with each other. And the Night Elves did their share of attacking too, if the quests where you go kill orc peons just trying to do a job is any indication.
>>
>>47214892
I realize an Orc wouldn't be able to understand this but how about, I dunno, talking with the Nightelf people? You know, the ones you fought with against the Legion? You could be like: "Hey, purple babes! How 'bout we fuck out of Ashenvale? But we really need some wood and we know you can produce it with very little trouble and without killing your sacred forests. Can we maybe trade? We could work on our relations while we are at it, in case some really bad shit starts to go down again!"
>>
>>47214942
IIRC the Tauren did just that, but the Elves refused.
>>
>>47214942
What?

You realise wisps don't get actual, physical lumber from trees right? That was a game mechanic thing for Warcraft 3?
>>
>>47214978
They do, though, as shown in WoW.
>>
>>47214996
When?

That doesn't seem to make sense
>>
>>47214513
>Garithos comes off as right and just.
But he doesn't

Daelin was proven right to some extent by events of MoP and WoD, but Garithos was never good in any meaning of the word.
>>
Does anyone else wish the dragons spent more time...looking like dragons? I feel like we got gyped in Cata: the dragon expansion when they spent most of their time as elves and humans.
>>
>>47180064
>Horde with Quillboars in it
>Horde allying with the race that nearly wiped them to extinction after invading their lands
That's almost as stupid as the idea of Centaur allying with Tauren.
>>
>>47215172
Quillboars inducted into Alliance though now in a strategical alliance that would split Horde lands in two...

Horde would finally have reason to complain about Alliance Pigs.
>>
>>47215017
They grow branches that basically just fall off into a waiting elves hands.
>>
>>47215211
Quillboars would hate the alliance too though considering the Alliance destroyed the Scourge, their greatest ally.
>>
It's funny thinking about the Horde bias in WoW when Vanilla WoW was so ludicrously Alliance-biased

Paladins were flat superior to shamans in raids, Alliance had more quests available to them in total and more places to quest in. Attunement was much easier for Alliance than Horde. It was significantly easier for the Alliance to attack Horde cities than the other way around, thanks to every Horde city having a back door entrance and neutral/alliance cities fairly close by, and Alterac Valley
>>
>>47215170
And why only elves and humans (and gnome once)?
I get that they wouldn't take the form of an orc (though it could be fun once) but all Azeroth native race should be fair game.
> No dragon-troll bro
> No dragon-tauren sage
>>
>>47215266
Not to mention Alliance had all the cool places and building models when hordes only had tents and wooden walls that didn't even worked as walls (Alterac valley again!). Also literal ruins for the forsaken despite all the cool Scourge models already existing.
Tauren had the mysterious elevator technology though.
Make sense story wise but they could have compensate with cool nomadic caravans or something.
>>
>>47215293
Because dragons as the pinnacle of creation chose to look like humans/elves the pinnacle of mortal creation.
>>
>>47215390
More seriously, I would assume they would chose forms that fit what their plans.
So if a dragon want to get help, they should take the form that is the most susceptible to get sympathy or authority, which would be of the race of the person they are trying to get help.
Same thing if they want to appear mysterious or terrifying (though in that last case remaining a dragon should work quite well.)

Of course they can't shapeshift constantly, especially if they are talking to multiple persons of different races. So they would take a more neutral form. I guess that could be an explanation for why they mostly chose human and elf forms. Hell you could argue about Chromie wanting to look friendly and non threatening.
That being said, a dragon wanting to treat with the horde should take a horde race form (I would go with tauren).

Or they could just take whatever form please them and we should have a handful of weirdo dragons that decided they wanted to play trolls or wanted to try the latest fad of orc shapeshifting. All with a strong majority of elves.
>>
>>47215266
Also more detailed starting regions and capitals.
No wonder humans and nelves had each many players as the horde as a whole back in vanilla.
>>
>>47215509
The bronze that busted out Garrosh did take an orc form when they were in Draenor.
>>
>>47215266
Kek, after the start of the traditional "let's ner the shaman in every patch" paladins were also better in pvp.
>>
>>47214497

He's also delightfully cocky and loves his work.

>Oh GET UP! ...oh. Oooh.
>>
>>47215293
Humans and Elves are the most magically adept of the warcraft races, so it makes sense dragons would infiltrate their ranks since they're the ones with the most potential to cause problems the dragons need to fix.

Chromie just likes cute things, so that's why she's a Gnome.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP2Orqg3Zf4

Hey, we just got new clips from the movie. They look a lot better than the trailers.
>>
Flashnews, Velen looses faith, and proclaims a suicide run with the Exodar straight to Argus.
KJ confirmed vengeance addict.
>>
>>47217139
>that second clip

Footmen vs. Grunts, doesn't get much more classic than that.
>>
>>47217247
We even got a 'Lok'tar ogar' in there!
>>
File: Grom.jpg (256 KB, 850x863) Image search: [Google]
Grom.jpg
256 KB, 850x863
>>47214539
>Why the Nightelf haven't kicked them out of Ashenvale is beyond me though.

Because despite what the Alliance thinks Orcs are really good a fighting and resilient as fuck.
>>
>>47215017
there's a quest in Cataclysm's Felwood where a goblin gets you to kidnap wisps so he can put them to work harvesting lumber
>>
>>47217392
not really
>>
>>47215293
I'm actually writing a whole iterand for the precursor to WotA and the discovery of the Well of Eternity/birth if the Nelfs along with highborn and Azsharan/Xavian rise to power. One of the first things I thought was really clever was to use some of the dragons to push along the plot as mentors in Dark troll society
>>
Was it always the case in the lore that the sunwell was made from a vial of eternity? Or was that revealed with Chronicles?
>>
>>47219546
I'm pretty sure Dath'remar Sunstrider either was given one of them by Illidan or found it after the WotA. That's been the case for as long as I remember
>>
>>47219546
>>47219614
anon is right, the sunwell was always made from one of Illidan's vials.
>>
>>47219614
>>47219627
Thanks guys, was reading Chronicles after a long period without reading anything warcraft related, thought something might have been off. In that case, on a related note, is Illidan supposed to have gotten the vials back after breaking free of his prison, or did he have them hidden up his ass or something?
>>
>>47219676
He was imprisoned after he'd already used them iirc
>>
>>47219822
I know that, I was referring to the vials he did not use, the ones that ended up with vashj and kael, and i guess the one that is still unaccounted for.
>>
>>47219676
One was stolen from him by Dath'remar, one he used to create World Tree, and the others I can't remember what happened
>>
>>47219915
Wasn't one used to grow Teldrassil?
>>
>>47220019
No, that was Fandral and a bunch of druids that created Teldrassil
>>
File: chibi undead.gif (281 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
chibi undead.gif
281 KB, 320x240
>>47214851
Orcs who were on the Garrosh bandwagon as a general rule ignored or even spurned the advice of Shaman's and probably Druids. There were Shaman's in Orgirmmar right before the SoO raid lamenting how no one listens to them and are making the same mistakes the old Horde did.

Especially with the entire pollution thing, the Horde kinda fucked themselves in that. And then they aere also trashing Azshara and conquered parts of Ashenvale. Cataclysm-Horde was extremely wasteful with no long-term planning. That's why when I leveled after the revamp, I hated the new zones as a Hordie.
>>
>>47220486
Yeah, Azshara was awful, especially when I was leveling my first Cata character in Kalimdor which happened to be a troll druid. Now I hate goblins. I mean I like the way they look but everything else makes me want to punch them in their green faces.
>>
>>47217231
So they finally fix the Exodar, only to immediately crash it on a different planet?
>>
>>47220486
Leveling an orc right now and I feel your pain.

Muh Underdogs have really gone to the dogs.
>>
>>47220486
The whole depleted resources/disgruntled shamans situation post-garrosh would be an interesting setup if, you know, the Horde were allowed to be actually weaker again.
Don't they lose Ashenvale for good in Legion? With Azshara wrecked and everhing else wasted and gone, where fuck do they now get their lumber from?
>>
>>47221152
Even better. The Legion drops right on their heads and crashes the house AGAIN, right after they repair it.
It seems this time Velen is gonna go full whip-control and make them repair the ship in less than a expansion.
>>
So, on the topic of a Warcraft 5e conversion...

WoW D20 basically did the path option before Pathfinder even existed; you've got a basic Arcanist and Healer class, and then you choose a "path" like Mage or Druid in each one, which determines your spells and class abilties. 5e does something similar to this, but it makes me wonder:

Do you think a Warcraft 5e would be better suited by using vanilla 5e classes with new paths? Or by making full-fledged new classes?

Like, would you just make a new Holy Light and Forsaken Shadow Domains for the Cleric and new Warcraft-based Circles for the Druid? Or would you go to the extent of creating whole new Arcanist and Healer classes?
>>
>>47221209
>Don't they lose Ashenvale for good in Legion?

They lost it at the end of MoP. They got Azshara because 'reasons'.

>With Azshara wrecked and everhing else wasted and gone, where fuck do they now get their lumber from?

It isn't totally wrecked yet. They could possibly start farming lumber in lots like the real world, especially with shamans and druids helping.
>>
>>47222873
Why do they even need lumber? Just make things out of stone, they have lots of that.
>>
File: g4lid7htk2j2.gif (5 MB, 389x405) Image search: [Google]
g4lid7htk2j2.gif
5 MB, 389x405
>>47221101
>>
File: worf.jpg (51 KB, 600x458) Image search: [Google]
worf.jpg
51 KB, 600x458
Is Thrall based off of Worf? Are warcraft orcs actually Klingons?
>>
>>47224970
Thrall doesn't get his shit kicked in by every new monster of the week, so I wouldn't say he's too much based on Worf. But they definitely share that whole "raised by outsiders, overidealize the values of their people, try to improve them" thing.
>>
>>47224970
>Is Thrall based off of Worf?
they're similar in the big picture but Thrall was an unwilling hostage of Blackthorn while Worf was an orphan rescued by human parents. Worf is also not Moses

the orcs are similar to klingons, but only in that they're both rip offs of Mongols and Migration Period Germans
>>
This got posted on the Bnet story forums. Just thought you might be interested.

https://vid.me/fjrP
>>
>>47224737
Tools, boats, firewood for cooking, warmth and rituals. Orcs do have legitimate uses for wood, it's just they've been cranked up to Isengarde-esque "fires of industry"-levels of consumption.

Which is ironic, considering that back in vanilla the tauren got really pissed off whenever the dwarves started excavating stuff. Orcs and goblins have become more destructive than the dwarves ever were.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.