[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #818: Ambiguous Definition Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47061181
>>
So, why haven't you rejected your humanity yet?
>>
File: Humanity_Phantoms.jpg (420 KB, 1022x729) Image search: [Google]
Humanity_Phantoms.jpg
420 KB, 1022x729
>>47076401
Because I'm a filthy casual
>>
>>47076401
I don't have a good answer for that. It's not like being human is a good thing in and of itself.

Maybe it's because I want to come back from Sparking in a form that still appreciates what I have/had on Earth.
>>
>>47076401
because I've chosen to add to it instead
>>
>>47076401
That sounds like a lot of effort.
>>
Hey clarification request for Roboanon, when it says the capture/conversion ray can only scan up to the technology level of supreme commander, does that refer to the universe or the game?
>>
>>47076401

Because my humanity is the one thing that ties me to who I was at the start of my chain, once all the skills, perks, magic, impossible science, and fancy gadgets are stripped away.

My humanity is the one thing I promised myself I would fight to keep at all costs, regardless of whatever else changes about me on the long journey to find my Spark.
>>
>>47076401
Usually because its a non-choice... humanity isn't usually a jump's greatest power source and fighting from obscurity or a consensual reality to devour entities of abhorrent natures tends to get better loot or powers...
> Warehouse - just having it
> Soul Calibur - Soul Edge Shard
> Tenchi Muyu! - 3rd run's 4th-??? dimensional tech and manipulation
> tons of abilities to splice tech and magic
could easily make the last task of every jump to be collect all souls to feed to Soul Edge empowered Warehouse
>>
File: 1415357556940.png (277 KB, 460x558) Image search: [Google]
1415357556940.png
277 KB, 460x558
>>47076401
I may have renounced my human shape without hesitation. But I will hold on to my human nature. So no matter what I'll still keep myself relate-able to humanity. Granted for some reason people almost EXPECT me to treat them like insects. Always expecting me to go all wax poetic on how weak humanity is and whatever. So needlessly complicated.
>>
File: image.png (232 KB, 500x631) Image search: [Google]
image.png
232 KB, 500x631
>>47076401
Sorta have. Ever since MMX and becoming a Reploid, I've become non-human. Works for the best, because it just allows my jumper to actually do good and be above his basic desires Basically being an evil overlord who's only concern is himself, and whatever pleasures of the flesh he can think of. Basically 99% my previous chains, which got real old, real fast. . He also has more time to spend with his daughteru & doge, than waifu collecting.
>>
>>47076401
Because that's kind of depressing, and ain't nobody got time for that, bein' alone in the world 'cuz ya threw away the one thing what lets ya connect.
>>
>>47076979
I still can't believe that pseudo-gynoid usurped the Anti-Monitor and assumed direct control over the hunter killers
>>
File: image.png (244 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
image.png
244 KB, 700x700
>>47076995
Well Aya isn't my daughteru, but if you watched the show you'd know her origins. Especially considered how she was made, Her emotional ability is due to Science Director/Scar, taking a small piece of ION, the emotional entity that resides in the central battery. That small piece was used to make Aya. , so it's no suprised she'd be capable of such things.

My jumper solved the Aya problem, via counciling with Razer & Aya. By end my trip there, they were already married and thinking of adopting.

Reminder /JC/ don't let Hal Jordan near any kids.
>>
Where is the best / cheapest place to get immortality?
>>
>>47076401
But I have? I mean, I mostly look like one, but that's barely skin-deep.
>>
People talk about how perk stacking works for stuff like strength and magic-but how do harem perks stack?

What happens if you have Relationship Flag, both the Tohno and pre-Tohno Gland for example?

I am totally not asking this because upon reviewing my Fat builds for the umpteenth time I have begun to grasp that mistakes may have been made around the time I was still treating jumpchain as a regular sort of CYOA.

>>47077106
LOTR because elves are naturally immortal

Hey, you did say cheapest OR best.
>>
>>47077116
DIO please go.
>>
>>47077137
Thanks for the option buuuuutt

>being a member of the filthy scum that are the elves
>>
>>47077106
DMC Demons get it 'free', Symbiotes and their hosts have effective immortality (it's what they were made for after all), Sims 3 can extend your life indefinitely in so many ways with no CP cost.
>>
If you take Themed Powers in Skullgirls is the 'subtlety' effect toggleable?
I like the idea of having a theme for my powers but making all of my supernatural stuff seem normal would really put a damper on my intimidation techniques.
>>
>>47077106
All of the Touhou race options besides human are immortal iirc, plus humans can become immortal using magic which is learnable by everyone.
>>
>>47077146
>>47077162
>>47077137

Thanks for the answers, much appreciated.
>>
>>47077106
Chrono Trigger can make you immortal for free. All you have to do is maintain the existing timeline.
>>
>>47077106
Immortality like in "Never dies of old age" or "Can't be killed."?

Like, there's always Speed + Healing Factor in Marvel Jump. Immortality in YJ. Healing factor in Xmen Movie Jump.
>>
>>47077162
plus in Touhou you won't have to eat human, if you picked the Body ability that all food was equal for sustenance (DC's self sustenance is better but the quick-cheap way is that)
>>
File: DIO.jpg (68 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DIO.jpg
68 KB, 1280x720
>>47077142
Never.
>>
>>47077197
all the healing factors and Prototype's Infected vs Soul Caliburs' Evil Reborn... as long as biomass the size of a human heart survives then you regen fully from it :3
>>
File: menacing jotaro.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
menacing jotaro.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>47077229
Now.
>>
>>47077106
There's a ring in the Endless Legend jump that makes you immortal unless killed in combat. Tier 4 Hyperion I think.
>>
>>47077257
> that is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die

justifies stealth builds if that ring exists... checking out
>>
Would I be able to become a Shinso vampire in Rosario Vampire just by drinking some of Alucard or Moka's blood (assuming I'm already a vampire) or is the transformation process more complicated that that?
>>
So, for those who jumped Harry Potter, how did your patronus / animagus form / boggart look like ?
>>
>>47077306
first... fuck vampirism

And no, in that jump you have to be a virgin or buy it. Although, if you save the blood of one of them you should be able to create vampires in alternate jumps... schoolgirl vampire army?
>>
>>47076401
It's fun kicking the ass of a cosmic horror as a human.
>>
Would I be right in thinking that the best magic to shrink something down would be from a D&D jump? Or is there a better place to shrink things? I need to make something thats 200 odd kilometers roughly a meter long.
>>
File: SburbLogotype.png (36 KB, 309x103) Image search: [Google]
SburbLogotype.png
36 KB, 309x103
>>47075452
>Um, not sure if DSanon or Sburbanon should be asked this really but-is a Denizen sufficiently SMT demon-like to be assimilated by defeat into a Court once defeated by an Overlord of Bel? When I made the comparison of Denizen=endboss it was more a comparison of threat level than the actual nature of the being, which is utterly confusing, like the rest of Hussie's stuff.
I'm not sure either. Would be nice if DSanon could weigh in too, but for now..

Utterly confusing indeed. On one hand, they're sort of game 'constructs'. On the other, they seem to be genuinely be ridiculously powerful mythological beings. I'm going to say they're close enough, on account of them including beings like the demiurge, the mother of monsters, and several gods.

They would, however, fall under the aspect rule. You'd only get one part of them, like with Lucifer and similarly huge multiversal demons. So, only one timeline/reality's worth of power.

Speaking of your Denizen, did you get Nix as a Void player, or Yaldabaoth for your martial strength?
>>
>>47077384
There is 5th+ dimensional science... Doctor Who & Tenchi Muyu! is all I got off the top of my head

but DnD is the best source for magical add-ons, if you know the systems... continued leveling out of the jump and all item creation feats for CP makes it legendary.
>>
>>47077451
Thanks.
>>
File: 15 (1).png (529 KB, 897x1300) Image search: [Google]
15 (1).png
529 KB, 897x1300
What are the best perks to ensure the loyalty of your followers?
>>
>>47077516
Interesting setup. Sauce?
>>
>>47077516
Prototype's Puppeteer makes them loyal to the point of nearly non-sentient... but it takes a week and a day plus biomass equal to half theirs.

Decent considering they become 1/10th the power of Alex Mercer, but need a way to speed up the day of prep and week of recuperation.

My guess is that the day is for modifying the Blacklight Viruse to their genome, avoiding the 99.9% causality rate. So super science in genetics and a super computer might help.

While the needed rest being from the Jumper's system trying to make variants of the virus... burning itself out with an inefficiwnt method...

Otherwise I would just have militias of post-humans putting down Greene's walkers.
>>
Can Marriage Ring and Documents be used to marry anything? From the Kantai Collection jump I should mention.
>>
>>47077516
X-Men Telepathy.
Just change their personality and memories so that they'd rather kill themselves than betray you.
>>
>>47077629
I'm sure that there were perks to prevent betrayal that didn't relied on doing any modification to your followers.

>>47077621
Boku no hero academia
>>
>>47077643
yeah... but its loyalty on a genetic level, the truest form of love and adoration (plus buffed minions are nice)
>>
File: antispiral.jpg (85 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
antispiral.jpg
85 KB, 600x338
>>47077395
Fair enough, thanks for the info!

All things considered, Yaldabaoth because the other aspects of our being don't wholly fit the typical Void player profile while simultaneously being associated with the sort of malevolent demiurge the mythological Yaldabaoth is associated with.

Hmm. Other than the Touhou-like blasts of radiant energy, any idea what kind of powers might be gained by using Favor of Tashlan, Black Techs/Multiple Demonic Contracts and the Demon Spiritualist perk tree from Tales of Demons and Gods to fuse with Yaldabaoth and wield its' might?

>>47077154
I think the part that mentions the choice of picking a new theme each jump seems to indicate it's toggleable between jumps at least. The perk does note if you do really, really supernatural stuff the perk stops working so it sounds like you can break the effect by making an honest effort at flaunting your powers.

>>47077361
>patronus

Mantis shrimp

>animagus

Wasn't one

>Boggart

Nyarlathotep. Sometimes in its' Nyaruko form

Eventually Professor Lupin agreed to give us private tutoring sessions specifically for Patronus training to prevent the other students from fainting and going mad with eldritch terror because of our boggart.
>>
>>47077361
Patronus: Looked like my Starter. People were very confused, and my PMD partner wouldn't speak to me for months.

Animagus: Didn't bother. I have all kinds of animal Shapeshifting forms.

Boggart: My best friend from my old life, who immediately started shaking me and begging me to wake up.

I wasn't in a good place for a long time afterwards.
>>
>>47077819
>my PMD partner wouldn't speak to me for months

What? Why? Shouldn't they be happy you consider them the embodiment of your Happy Thou-

-oh. Oh dear, you were drawing on a lewd memory to make the Patronus, weren't you?
>>
>>47077809
>>47077819
Well, for the in-jump animagus option, i take that it only make it certain you'll be one and allow you to choose your animal, and that it is still theoretically possible to become one in the jump proper, just that it's not certain/easy and you won't be able to choose your form. Unless Cool Cats Don't Trip say it doesn't work that way.

As for mine:
Patronus: Arm-length chinese dragon.
Animagus: Managed to become one, although MFW I became a magpie.
Boggart: The dead bodies of my loved ones.
>>
>>47077863
No, no. I didn't import my Starter as my PMD partner.
>>
Can i take the Injustice world as a setting for the DC Jump?
>>
>>47076401
honestly i can't even begin to wank what I am as a jumper, as of now i don't really understand how would I be or behave with all the mind enhancing perks. My best guess is that i wouldn't consider myself human from very early in the chain, probably after less than 10 jumps
>>
>>47077953
Trying to get an easy Yellow Lantern Ring?
>>
>>47077361
>Patronus
Three rings independently floating about. They represent the Pactio Artefacts my companions gained. It was an awesome time when I first saw them.

>Animagus
Never bothered, I've got three epic animal forms I'm very happy with.

>Boggart
It transformed into each one of my three companions, who all told me that they hated me for dragging them away from their loved ones and homes.

It wasn't a fun time, neither was dealing with the questions that came after. Most of all, it disturbed me that I could still be affected like that, even after the time I powered through Yellow-Lantern Scarecrow's bullshit.
>>
>>47077992
I thought he was talking about the Injustice videogame. Unless somehow there's an easy way to get a Yellow Ring there, but as far as I know the game's powerlevel is DCAU-tier anyway.

>>47077999
Also I'm not saying you can't have 3 rings as a patronus because I dunno how many jumps that may have altered your soul's fundamental nature or if you got a theming perk before you've been to HP, but I'm pretty sure all canon Patronuses are animals
>>
Hey just a heads up generic investment jump/C:the money and soul of probability control seems to be missing from the drive.
>>
File: image.jpg (943 KB, 1920x1476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
943 KB, 1920x1476
>>47078009
There's a tie-in comic that covers the period from Supes killing the Joker to the game starting. Shit gets crazy.
>>
>>47078009
yea but there is a comic too describing the 5 years before the vidya
>>47077992
It's the only dc comic I've read so i was just wondering, it's set on an alternate world so idk if it's allowed to take, the powerlevels should be pretty much the same as the other comics.
>>
>>47078022
Isn't that because it wasn't finished?
>>
>>47078022
It's not even finished so-that's hardly surprising.
>>
>>47077992
would getting a ring in-jump work outside of DC universe?
>>
>>47078009
Technically, the patronus is based off of the happiest memories you have, however, if that doesn't fly, then my Patronus was an Octopus.

...actually, I like that.

An octopus it is then.
>>
>>47078079
Personally I don't think so, not unless you have a main battery along with you, which means you might need a pod for the entity inside them. The ring would work till it runs out of charge, the battery might have some charge for a while, but it won't be able to connect to the main battery so it'll run out and you'll be left with a fancy ring and paperweight.
>>
>>47078079
If you get the ring by perk or you get one Central Battery (but if you do so, you're taking one emotion of that universe).
>>
>>47077516
I'd die for Anon (Terminator), Loyalty (Muppet Treasure Island)
>>
Quick check, does anyone know if Sekirei fall ill to the same diseases humans do? Or is this fan-wankable?
>>
>>47078136
You could always eat the entity.
>>
>>47078462
Eating isn't the solution to everything anon
>>
File: Zearth.jpg (198 KB, 1456x1081) Image search: [Google]
Zearth.jpg
198 KB, 1456x1081
After all your adventures, how does your main/favorite mech looks like?

Mine looks something like pick related, adding a halo over its head.
>>
>>47077809
>Yaldabaoth
True enough, seems pretty fitting.

>Hmm. Other than the Touhou-like blasts of radiant energy, any idea what kind of powers might be gained by using Favor of Tashlan, Black Techs/Multiple Demonic Contracts and the Demon Spiritualist perk tree from Tales of Demons and Gods to fuse with Yaldabaoth and wield its' might?
Well, aside from the generic blasts of energy, Yaldabaoth in Sburb is associated with fire, the sun, and Light, so probably some power over those.

Perhaps an increased ability to perceive alternate timelines, depending on how the fusing and merely having taking along an aspect of it interacts.
>>
File: 51pp8VluqKL.jpg (39 KB, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
51pp8VluqKL.jpg
39 KB, 486x500
>>47078521
>implying I can pick just one
>>
>>47076401
>rejecting your humanity

Never entered into the equation. I have always been a humble business man... Even if I can warp reality with my SCIENCE!
>>
>>47078488
I disagree. So far eating has solved almost all my problems.
>>
>>47078547
Said Anon, ignoring his bulging waistline, inconetinence and inability to reach the remote stuck between the greasy flabs of his grostequely obese mountain of a body
>>
File: The great devourer.jpg (125 KB, 1060x567) Image search: [Google]
The great devourer.jpg
125 KB, 1060x567
>>47078488
It worked for the nids, why not for me?

And it is one of the few perk combos that allows you to steal all powers.

>>47078573
>He still has a physical body instead a soul/mana one.
>>
So in the imperium jump, do secondary purchases get a discount as well? (Elite Gear -> Terminator Armor)
>>
>>47078588
You may have a "soul/mana body" but you're still a disgusting mound of flab, you spiritual fatso.
>>
File: Shinigami Soul.jpg (292 KB, 1282x722) Image search: [Google]
Shinigami Soul.jpg
292 KB, 1282x722
>>47078607
Nah, I just have a big soul and a tiny body.

But I think that it is kind of disgusting to look at it.
>>
File: unicron.jpg (203 KB, 1600x991) Image search: [Google]
unicron.jpg
203 KB, 1600x991
>>47078521
Well, my main mech looks like pic related.

...My favorite is a smaller design through. Think humanoid-shaped, with a sleek, thin design with faceplate, two cannons attached to the back that flip up to face forward, and extremely ornate gauntlet designs to punch sutff with. It's also crisscrossed by lines over it's entire body, where rockets and lasers are concealed internally.
>>
>>47078683
>Unicorn

I love how in most actual fantasy unicorns are really scary motherfuckers. Like WoD's unicorns.
>>
>>47078521
You can never get better than a good old Zaku.
It only does everything.
>>
>>47078522
Actually, about Denizens-

1. Exactly what is the nature of the Choice? Is it more like changing destiny or just a really hardcore confidence training course? Or both?

2. While Caliborn levels of advancement are definitely out of the question since there aren't any planets around to conquer, is it possible for Choices to enhance or improve one's Class/Aspect powers by undertaking quests?
>>
>>47076401
>humanityisastateofmind.dante
>>
>>47078818
Said the delusional eldritch abomination, as his friends cut ties with him for being a disgusting humankin
>>
>>47078748
Where are you getting Unicorn? Thats Unicron.
>>
>>47078818
UncleDante is best uncle.

>>47078839
It's a callback to statement made by a previous jumper.
>>
Can companions take drawbacks?
>>
>>47078818
I miss Dante. Whatever happened to him?
>>
>>47078866
I know, and I disagree with it. Seriously it's just the otherkin attitude but with humans in place of animals/fairies/fairy animals or whatever.
>>
>>47078911
I get that. It's the whole existential question: does essence precede existence or does existence precede essence. I have pretty strong existential leanings, so for me the being is in the doing.

>>47078904
No idea, I can't tell you the last time I saw him.
>>
>>47078901
Depends on the Jump. They can in Hunter x Hunter, but can't in most others. Also, Hunter x Hunter is ridiculously generous with Companion CP. Pay 50 to get eight companions with 500 CP each that can take any amount of drawbacks.
>>
>>47078799
>1. Exactly what is the nature of the Choice? Is it more like changing destiny or just a really hardcore confidence training course? Or both?
It's less changing destiny, and more choosing between two possible paths destiny might take. Functionally, it's identical to changing destiny through, because Choices like that often show you paths you would not have considered otherwise. It can be a really hardcore training course, yes. It can also be a bargain for information to get the last piece necesssary to finish the process of creating the Frog. Or it could be something else.

It really depends on the circumstances, and the Choice is tailored to the person. But they often have something to do with facing mortality.

>2. While Caliborn levels of advancement are definitely out of the question since there aren't any planets around to conquer, is it possible for Choices to enhance or improve one's Class/Aspect powers by undertaking quests?
It's certainly possible for it to improve your powers. But more in a hardcore training exercise kind of way, instead of being granted power beyond what your class/aspect can do. Typheus for example flooded a room with oil to teach someone how to control his powers.
>>
R8 this Stand, guys.

Realm of Power (Two Steps From Hell)
Power C
Speed B
Range D
Durability B
Precision A
Potential A

Base: Infinite Energy Creation and Basic Energy Manipulation (Blasts and simple constructs, recharges user's energy pools, and you can blow yourself up with this if you channel too much at once)

Awakened: Infinite Energy Creation, Energy Perception and Advanced Energy Manipulation (Fun stuff - Energy conversion, absporption, amplification, negation, infusion, transfer)

Requiem: Energy Domination (Controll all external energy that is not inside someone)
>>
>>47078904
He stopped having fun, and moved on. Just like everyone here will one day do.
>>
>>47078994
>Base

Needs better definition of what valid energy pools are/10

>Awakened

Too broad, Stands aren't Endbringers/10

>Requiem

Stop browsing the powerlist wikia/10
>>
>>47078994
Fucking terrible.
>>
>>47078994
You really should've jumped Worm or something if you wanted these kinds of powers, man. Stands aren't licenses to make up powers on the spot, they take one power to its' logical extreme.
>>
>>47078994
I'm not too familiar with JoJo... But damn, are you even trying to make something remotely balanced?
>>
>>47078994
no
>>
>>47078994
-10/10

Stands are limited, they do one thing and they do it well. Their real power comes from creative uses of the power. Look no further than Hermit Purple, it's a pretty weak stand. However it allows Joseph to swing around like Spiderman, use Hamon at a distance, make psychic photographs & use the TV as as scrying tool. Lastly he can use it to basically cheat at videogames. Jotaro used his stand to perform brain surgery, despite it being just a punch ghost.
>>
>>47078994
>That last one
Anon...
>>
>>47078079
I talked to CCDT and he said yes they would work outside the jump. The batteries act independently in the comics for most part.
>>
>>47078994
It's perfect. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Anyone who wants to put restrictions on your omnipotence is a nerfer.
>>
File: shalltear_albedo_overlord.jpg (37 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
shalltear_albedo_overlord.jpg
37 KB, 600x337
>>47077137
>stacking harem perks
>went down to the marketplace to sell some vendor trash
>the shopkeeper, their assistant, and sixteen other people I passed on the way are already convinced we're in a serious relationship and I just haven't gotten around to proposing to them yet.
Basically just stacks how easily people are attracted to you.
Given that this can make enemies attracted to you, but doesn't necessarily curb their hostility, this might not be as desirable as you would think. Also does not change their attractiveness to you or limit the effects to people you actually find attractive, so yeah. Mind that.
The better harem perks to stack are the ones which improve the relations you already have and encourage various waifus not to kill each other in some kind of Thunderdome/Highlander-esque deathmatch once they realize you're not going to pick just one of them of your own accord.

>>47077361
Patronus was a big raven, one of the themes I seem to end up with.

>>47078901
In most jumps they can't. The exceptions will usually state so.
>>
>>47079034
Valid energy pools are any permanent energy pools you have.
Energy Constructs work within the stand's range.
Energy blasts are obvious, aim and fire.
Energy perception is togglable and allows you to see presence/absence of energy - see invisibility techniques and such.
Advanced energy manipulatuion works in stand's range and you need to consciously use it, it's not automatic or anything.
Energy domination work within stand's range and it's a Requiem ability.
It's not at endbringer level of power, hell in Worm Legend is stronger offensively.

>>47079053
>>47079170
It's not that overpowered, there are stands that rewrite the universe at will in canon or do it automaticaly. Or stop time which is even more hax then this.

>>47079209
Basic ability is Energy manipulation within the stand's range, including creating it. You aren't going to blow up planets without blowing yourself up along with it. As stand is a part of it's user it can make the energy it's user has access to.

>>47079276
Are you bancho?
>>
>>47078994
A miserable pile of Power Listing wiki buzz words. Come back when you actually have a defined ability.
>>
>>47077361
Patronus was a cat, didn't have an animagus form or bother trying to learn it, and my boggart was Death.
>>
>>47079311
>my Stand can create and perfectly control infinite amounts of energy
>but that's not overpowered, guise
Just do what you want. We can't stop you. All we can do is laugh at you.
>>
>>47079311
>It's not at endbringer level of power, hell in Worm Legend is stronger offensively.
...Yeah, even if that's true, you realise that's one of the top players in Worm, right?

Infinite energy generation is bullshit. Being a smaller Behemoth is just as bullshit. And having a whole ton of ways to use this in addition to refueling literally all your energy pool is bullshit as hell.

The fact that you actually think this is reasonable is hilarious.
>>
>>47079311
>Using Made in Heaven as an excuse

Made in Heaven was a fusion of two stands, and DIO's notes on Stands. It wasn't "at will", it was a long drawn out process that an entire Part was dedicated to. GRE & Made In Heaven aren't normal stands, even the requiem stands you get aren't as close to the requiem stands you see in the manga.
>>
>>47079413
>>47079591
Explain how is it mor OP than:
>My Stand can stop time.
>My Stand can rewind time of anything it touches.
>My stand can Destroy and Recreate the universe at will, as many times as I need.
>My stand murderrapes cause and effect.
>My Stand creates time loops automaticaly to protect me from danger.
>>47079477
Time stop and several other canon stand abilities are too at that level.
>>
>>47079699
Those are all villain Stands. Main villain Stands, too. They get an exception, the main villain in any Jojo story is always going to fuck causality.
>>
>>47079699
>r8 mai stand gais
>I m nut opee, stop bully!
Don't ask for feedback if you don't really want it, faggot. This isn't a hug box.
>>
Will Symbiont(from Supreme Commander) and Symbiote(form Symbiote) merge together?
>>
>>47079730
Crazy Diamond is not a Villain stand, tho. (Time rewind)
Star Platinum as well. (Time Stop)
>>47079783
Well, yeah. Advice me on a better stand, fagit.
>>
>>47079730
Oh and also there was a stand that could steal stands.
>>
File: 2011sm.jpg (92 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
2011sm.jpg
92 KB, 970x617
>>47079783
>google hug box
>all i can find is this torture contraption looking thing
i don't know what i was expecting really
>>
>>47079815
>Crazy Diamond
It doesn't fucking rewind time. It 'fixes' things. That's all it does, numbnuts. The only ones with time rewinding powers in JoJo are Killer Queen and Mandom.
>>
>>47079805
Not by default, they're different things.

You could probably import your Symbiont as your Symbiote through, considering it's an AI.
>>
>>47079850
Thanks I will do it.
>>
>>47079815
That's a really poor description of what Crazy Diamond does. It's more like transformation to prior states than true time reversion. Sounded more like some of the stuff Made In Heaven does, got me confused. As for Star Platinum, sorry about that, thought you were talking about The World given the power level of the other examples you used. Star Platinum's time stopping is pretty weak.
>>
>>47079842
Crazy Diamond's unique ability is to restore or revert objects or organisms to any previous state in their history. It can repair damage, heal injury, revert chemical changes and complex structures to their raw components (e.g. a table into its constituent timber).
>>
>>47079815
>Advice me on a better stand, fagit
Stay off of the powerlist wiki. That's some pleb tier laziness power grabbing. You want to power game, fine. At least put some effort into it.
>>
Jumpers, how do you combine your divergent and incongruous themes into one, consistent whole? What's it end up looking like?
>>
>>47079925
Then why the hell can he distort things into different shapes when he's pissed? Why can't he affect dried blood? His ability has always been described as being a 'fixing' ability. Show me where Araki said that it was reversal of time.
>>
>>47079951
I more or less pick powers and skills along a theme. I diversify to a degree, but it try and prebuild under an umbrella.
>>
>>47079925
I agree that guy's underselling it, but that's a different power from time version. Objects affected by Crazy Diamond are locally transformed rather than run backwards in time. It makes specific changes to make something more like it once was, allowing Josuke to selectively choose what prior traits of it that he wants to have rather than just rewinding it. In a way, it's actually better than time reversal.
>>
>>47079963
Eh, misinterpreted it a bit.
>any previous state in their history
>>
>>47079951
By aiming towards a single consistent whole in the first place, or having it be more abstract, like "my life", or "justice".
>>
>>47079951
You know, when your themes involve nature (so plants and animals), snow and ice, water and the sea, the moon and the stars, it's kinda hard to combine into a consistent whole. Especially if you insist on throwing floating islands in there somewhere.
>>
>>47079815
First of all you generally want a single relatively narrow ability. Energy generation is a bit broad. From there you slap some weird and arbitrary limits on it and assume other than that the power is ridiculously potent. For example one of the Stands I have simply makes illusions, however the illusions are constrained to making it look like someone did something else, and only function within line of sight of the user. However while it has those limits it's also near perfect within those parameters, faking everything from touch to loss of limbs or life. It's potent and can win many fights relatively easily but has major notable limits and can be countered by someone who knows about them. My general advice for checking balance is running a battle between that Stand and various other ones, generally you should have a decent chance against the average user but have trouble with the upper tier unless you've got an ability that's exceptionally relevant against that Stand.
>>
>>47080021
I've been arguing against what was said here >>47079815. Not much room for misinterpretation.
>>
>>47080054
>moon and stars
I run a celestial theme and I find it's really easy to fit things under that umbrella. You get light and dark and various form of energy, time, heat and cold. . . I think the key is picking a theme that is broad but specific.
>>
>>47080083
I already said that I misinterpreted CRazy Diamond's Ability because of the "any previous state in their history" part.
>>
>>47080126
Oh, I thought you meant I misinterpreted what you said. Sorry about that.
>>
>>47080114
I find it pretty easy to connect space and the sea together since they're associated in the minds of a lot of pre-modern people (sea of stars and all that). So you have the moon and stars reflected in the water as a mirror of the celestial sphere. It just becomes more difficult when you have to add nature to it, and ice is a bit of a complication even if you can echo the water reflection aspect with it.
>>
>>47077361
My Patronus took the form of my starter. It was kind of hard to explain why it was a flaming badger. Even moreso when Gold and Silver rolled around and people wanted to know why my Patronus was quote, a fucking Pokemon, you man-child, endquote.

My Animagus, in keeping with the bird theme that I seem to have acquired, was a black merlin. Which raised a couple of eyebrows with the dimmer purebloods.

And lastly, my boggart was my companions telling me that they hated me and were only along for the journey so that they could get strong.
>>
>>47080194
Ice is a quick tie in to space, space being cold. Good call on the sea and ocean of stars tie in. That's pretty great.

As for nature? Yeah, that'll take some gymnastics to fit in. Unless you just want to play the FR deity card and just say it's a minor domain. Not literally, of course, but you get what I'm saying?
>>
>>47080245
I do, but I've been a druid enough and have enough powerful plant-based powers that I'd be doing myself a bit of a disservice if I didn't throw some trees in there somewhere.
>>
>>47080275
Maybe. . . Maybe borrow from Norse myth, and the MCU interpretation, and let a tree be a symbol for some aspect of reality or just reality itself. An Yggdrasil kinda thing.

One thing I always do is have an Yggdrasil tat on my back. As of Fable it's been made of glowy runes.
>>
>>47079276
In case you haven't noticed the entire thread is nerfers apart from you then, you special snowflake
>>
>>47080202
They won't even get a EU release until a few months before you leave, unlikely anyone noticed.
>>
File: considerthis.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
considerthis.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>47074403
Because the Life Fiber/Symbiote combo is very close to my heart, I'd like to share one of my tricks with the class.
I'd have done it earlier, but I was asleep.

Producing biological semi-powered armor via carbon is intuitive for a synergized symbiote- they all independently reach the same conclusion eventually, even if the exact implementation varies.

A symbiote with access to Life Fibers could grow a Kamui-equivalent around your body, and modify it as the need strikes.
Personally, I imported my Kamui as my symbiote, which skipped most of the learning phase because it already knew what its body was supposed to be like.

Get married to clothing, gentle Anon.
>>
>>47079951
I group all my abilities into one of three categories:
>The Body
These are all my DMC Styles, Martial Arts, Gourmet Cells and so on.

>The Soul
These are spiritual capabilities like Anti-Demon Wavelength, Chakra, Fullbring, Chi and again so on.

>The Mind
These are Magic abilities like Primordial Runes and Magoi Manipulation.

How combine them into one form is that, I find a common thread between The Soul and The Mind (The Body is passive, I'll need to use it either ways), Magoi Manipulation and, lately, Kanka are good for this and using DMC's Styles as they were basically created to fight using supernatural capabilities, I can utilize all of my abilities when a battle needs me to.
>>
>>47080347
Aren't Life Fibers evil or something though?
>>
>>47080375
I think that's more cultural (or closest equivalent), there capable of not being/being rendered no evil at least.
>>
>>47080375
More like mindlessly reproducing on an interplanetary scale. They're basically like Entities, except clothes and even less sentient.

The people who collude with them are totes evil tho.
>>
>>47080375
Most Life Fibers are stupid animals, yes. Botched hybrid operations leave humans in a state akin to crabs who've been infected with sacculina barnacles, yes.

But done properly? It's reasonably safe. Just look at Ryuuko and Senketsu.
>>
>>47080412
Well, either way it's pretty neat. Kudos.
>>
>>47080430
To be fair Senketsu seems to be the exception that proves the rule. Junketsu is bonkers and he's the only other kamui in existence, and all the other Life Fibers are parasites as you said.
>>
File: comesthedawn.jpg (369 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
comesthedawn.jpg
369 KB, 1280x720
>>47080456
He's got some human genetics in him propping up his mentality. The Conservatively Dressed perk in KLK can get you a similarly reasonable one, albeit without his bonus absorption skills.
Even if you don't import one such Kamui in, the Kamui-equivalent will still be connected to your symbiote (which are fanatical in protecting their hosts), so you'll still have complete control over them. Just don't leave any severed bits lying around...
>>
>>47080073

Bring Me To Life
Power C->B->B->A->A
Speed C->B->B->A->A
Range D->D->D->D->D
Durability C->C->B->B->A
Precision C->C->B->B->A
Potential A->B->C->D->E

Power:
Basic: Reinvigorates the user on touch (Remove hunger, thirst and fatigue but not physical injury)
Awakened: Reinvigorates the user and restores the user's energy pools (All permanent energy pools, does not restore physical injury)
Requiem: Complete restoration of the user on touch.

Outright loss to time stop and istakill powers if they hit.

Is this better? Plz advice.
>>
>>47080318
I'd have to think on that one a bit.
>>
>>47080535
aren't the awakened and requiem mutually exclusive ?
>>
>>47080535
Stats are a bit out there. I'd take away one or two of the A's, but it's not that big of a deal.

Anyway, I really think you should put in some drawbacks or limitations, otherwise this just seems to make you almost invincible with limitless power.
>>
>>47080572
Oh, thanks.
>>47080535
Then:
Basic: Reinvigorates the user on touch (Remove hunger, thirst and fatigue but not physical injury)
Awakened: Reinvigorates the user and restores the user's energy pools (All permanent energy pools, does not restore physical injury)
Requiem: Complete physical restoration on touch (does not refresh the energy pools, also works on the stand itself)
>>
File: 250px-046Paras.png (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-046Paras.png
57 KB, 250x250
>>47080375
They're parasites that use humans for food and energy while granting anime powers, with the eventual intent to devour the earth and spread through space to infect more planets.
But they're not sentient enough to plan beyond "eat people", and it takes crazy humans who worship them driving the plot and steamrolling other characters to make them anything more than a curiosity. They can't understand tactics beyond "bum rush and eat it".
They're "evil" in the same way a fungus is evil.

>>47080430
>>47080456
Senketsu is specially modified with Ryuuko's DNA (who is herself a lifefiber hybrid) to render him intelligent and cooperative. He's really more like the lone exception that proves the others are rabid.
>>
>>47080620
Well, I'm aiming for a protagonist tier Stand.
>>
>>47080622
Seems much better with this. I'd say it's good enough to be a protag-tier stand on its own when taking the stats into account, so good job getting close to what you were aiming for. Gets quite silly when you add anything else to the mix, like magic, but it's good on its own, which is what matters most
>>
>>47080632
fungus ARE evil dude
>>
>>47080720
I deliberately compared them to fungus for a reason, Anon.
>>
>>47080644
The only protagonist Stand that makes the user literally invincible is Gold Experience Requiem and /maybe/ Tusk, and the latter needs to be consciously activated to use that aspect.

>>47080622
Requiem: Suggestion to make it more interesting-it operates by shifting your body's condition 10 seconds into the past to retcon wounds. This effectively enables you to keep the refresh energy pools/physical restoration ability, with the caveat (this part I think you should figure out yourself) your Stand requires you to perform some sort of gross motor task, like how Ringo Roadagain needed to rewind his wristwatch.

Awakened: Overlaps a bit much with the Requiem, maybe have it restore other things? Actually that kinda overlaps with Josuke's thing; maybe go with "restoring" abstracts/intangibles like thoughts, age and other stuff you can't actually touch-on touch? With some sort of softcap of course; 2 days or so.
>>
File: BPbottleOST.png (751 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
BPbottleOST.png
751 KB, 1920x800
Would it be possible to learn how Blackbeard traps ships in bottles in PotC?
>>
>>47080720
Ants are assholes anyway, anon. If anything, that's a point in favor of fungi.
>>
>>47080688
>>47080763
Final stats:

Bring Me To Life
Power A
Speed A
Range D
Durability B
Precision A
Potential E

Power:
Basic: Reinvigorates the user on touch (Remove hunger, thirst and fatigue)
Awakened: Reinvigorates the user and restores the user's energy pools on touch (All permanent energy pools)
Requiem: Complete physical restoration of the user on touch. (Does not refresh energy pools)

How does it look?
>>
Oh, and seeing as Giorno hasn't shown up for all we know Made in Heaven bypassed his Stand and retcon'd him like everyone else, so it might not be absolute either.

>>47080772
I'm presuming it hasn't been shown in the anime/manga how he did it, in which case fanwank something I guess. Maybe ask him? Though he seems to have a whole bunch of inexplicable unique abilities
>>
>>47080804
I feel kind of sad you just outright ignored my advice, man. I mean, it's cool if you didn't like my ideas but I'd appreciate it if you at least explained why you're sticking to the infinite full heal ability it currently has instead of making something actually interesting.
>>
>>47080553
No worries. Glad to spitball it with you.
>>
File: s.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
>>47080804
make a caveat that you have to scream "Wake me up inside" when using the basic ans "Can't wake up" when using the other
>>
>>47080833
Well, it works kind of like Crazy Diamond, so it's not time manipulation. And the winner is >>47080854
>>
>>47080804
If awakened and requiem are mutually exclusive, wouldn't that mean you get one or the other and not both?
>>
>>47080868
Yes.
>>
>>47080867
>It works kind of like Crazy Diamond

Oh, okay then. That makes sense, that thing takes time to fully regen stuff.
>>
>>47080772
It's probably voodoo. The real Edward Teach was raised in Jamaica where he would have been exposed at a young age to the voodoun religion, and there's some evidence that he may have been a practitioner, himself.

>>47080806
Not that Blackbeard, the real one. Well, the fictional version in the Pirates of the Carribean movies based on the fictional version in Tim Powers' novel On Stranger Tides based on the real one.
>>
>>47080804
Final Final Build

Bring Me To Life
Power A
Speed A
Range D
Durability B
Precision A
Potential E

Power:
Basic: Reinvigorates the user on touch (Remove hunger, thirst and fatigue)
Awakened: Reinvigorates the user and restores the user's energy pools on touch (All permanent energy pools)
Requiem: Complete physical restoration of the user on touch. (Does not refresh energy pools)

To use the Stand's ability, the user must scream "Wake me up inside" to which Bring Me To Life responds with "Can't wake up" while touching the user to activate the ability.
>>
>>47080806
Err, there's a PotC anime?
>>
>>47080922
Also It looks like a skeleton clad in FABULOUS armor.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 488x734) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 488x734
drawbacks apokolips now, blinded by the light, never a dull moment, just a sidekick, moody and jumpchan

location poseidonis
backstories vigilante
race human
age 11
skills peak condition, manipulative, basic magic, acrobat, souviner, kaeps sdawkcab, stealthy, knows his own strenght, banter, practice makes perfect, yoink, gadgeteer, smooth talker, rules lawyer, cantrip master atlantean sorcery, your reputation preceeds you and master strategist

super powers most common super powers, required secondary super powers, super senses and toggle

items costume, light armor, bulletproof cape, expertly crafted weapon, utility belt, alternate costume, heavy armor, wingsuit, cash, HUD, trophy room, batman's real super power and vehicle

companion the team companion and kobra-venom enhanced animal
>>
>>47080963
He probably just skimmed the post, saw "Blackbeard" and "traps" and thought it was about One Piece.
>>
File: Sting_Advent.jpg (19 KB, 249x360) Image search: [Google]
Sting_Advent.jpg
19 KB, 249x360
>>47080972
Is your Kobra Venom animal a giant armored stingray? If so, we are friends now.
>>
Divine Entity
Power C > Infinite
Speed C > Infinite
Range Infinite
Durability C > Infinite
Precision C > Infinite
Potential A > E

Takes the appearance of a faceless chalk white man in a blue suit. No matter where from or how one looks at it, it appears to be both infinitely close and infinitely far away from the viewer, though this does not interfere in gauging its distance or physical placement.

Power:
Basic: Functions independently of the user. Can travel across the world in order to perform assassinations or retrieving items, but has no notable abilities beyond a base human. Intelligent.
Requiem: Omnipotent. There is nothing Divine Entity can't do. However, this also means there is nothing Divine Entity would want to do beyond guarding its user's life. During the Chain, the Benefactor's vigilance means it will refuse to do anything (as true death is a non-factor) without sufficient cause, such as entertainment or whimsy. The user could give up something of value, true value (ie money or other objects of monetary value would only be worth the toil the user needed to acquire them.) in order to convince it to aid him directly. Even so, it would only act as fitting its price. Working nine to five for a year could buy its time as a somewhat powerful close-combat Stand, but sacrifice that will last the Jumper his whole chain could call forth a world-slaying demi-god. Alternatively, Quests may be incurred. By performing difficult and ultimately pointless acts at the behest of his Stand, the user may gain the chance to convince it to fabricate items, heal illnesses, and perform acts generally called thaumathurgy- miracle making.

R8 my Stand.
>>
>>47081030
Sounds like an attempt to incite flaming and argument.
>>
>>47080972
Did the A.I. figure out how to post pictures properly again?
>>
>>47081048
Well, that wasn't my intent. I wanted to see if I could make it halfway acceptable as a regular Stand because someone brought omnipotence up and I rolled JJBA and don't want to just take my free Hermit Purple as a hamon master.
>>
>>47081066
Apparently, yeah. It's almost back at the point it got to before it backslid.
>>
>>47081104
Protip: Omnipotence is never acceptable. What's wrong with >>47080922 or are you a different anon?
>>
>>47081124
I'm a different anon, yes.
>>
>>47078994
We're talking about our stands?

Could you rate mine?

「Talking Heads」
Power D
Speed B
Range A
Durability D
Precision A
Potential B

>Base
The stand attaches to its victim by digging itself into their nervous system. The process is painless and leaves no mark. Once attached to its victim, the stand will start summoning versions of itself that will start attacking and devouring the victim. These always appear outside the body, from any place that isn't being currently observed, about 2 to 5 meters around the victim. They're not quite strong, and their number is limited to something less than 200 at a single time, but any damage done to them doesn't affect the user and they are constantly generated.

They're strong enough to tear most materials and their wounds won't heal while the stand is active.

The stand range is quite limited, about 50 meters. The range can be extended more, to increase a bit more, in exchange of summoning less copies of the stand and a slower rate. The maximum radius is 200 meters.

The Stand cannot be forcibly removed without killing its host.

The Stand user doesn't have any special ability to locate the stand once released.

The summoned copies can only attack one selected victim at a time, and can be damaged by other stands in the process.

Although silent and quite fast, the stand is very vulnerable while travelling to the host.

>Awakened: 「Once in a life time 」
Similar to the first ability, but now the summoned copies can attack anyone but their host. Additionally, they can dug themselves into other victims in order to create more copies. Each summon can produce up to three copies.

Copies do not count to the summon limit.

>Requiem: 「Psycho Killer 」
The Stand is now capable of taking control of its victim and its stand. This effect only lasts an hour or two at best, killing the host afterwards. The stand automatically disappears if the host dies.

Range and other weakness still apply.
>>
>>47081030
>>47081150

In that case, I like the idea of an independant genie whose powers are contingent on tthe nature of its' tasks but "omnipotence" is way beyond any Stand-yes, even Made in Heaven.

What I'd like to see you make from this is a Stand with a personality of its' own, who's a bit of a jackass like Anubis and who-while not omnipotent-scales in competence and capability depending on how entertaining the tasks you assign it are; maybe it starts out as a mediocre punchghost but can become a skyscraper-sized shapeshifting spirit thing should you embark on some truly grand feat of theatricality and/or deception. Have it have 1 skill that gets better and better in accordance with the task like spatial warps or predatory balloon animals weather control or something.

>>47081192
I like your Stand a lot. It's morbidly fascinating, in the true spirit of Araki's work.
>>
>>47080922
See: >>47080882 and >>47080868
>>
>>47081213
Well, thank you.

Just so I know where to go with this, it's standard for Stands to have one ability, but is it strictly forbidden for them to have more than that?

I like the idea of it starting as a buffoon who puts the bare minimum into any tasks it doesn't enjoy and barely succeeds due to having the incredible power of good luck, but I'm drawing a blank on high-tier showings, while the other thing that came to mind (illusions that are as real as the viewer believes them to be) is good at all levels but is kind of meh and probably works better as a regular power.
>>
>>47081340
>Just so I know where to go with this, it's standard for Stands to have one ability, but is it strictly forbidden for them to have more than that?

They can only have one ability, but they can be very versatile with that ability. Like Stone Ocean, that gives the user regeneration for some reason, aside from its string powers and strength. Highway Star has a lot of abilities, but they are all related to hunting a prey (luring, chasing).

Unless your stand has acts, in which case it can have more than one ability, but its stronger ability will be as strong as any other stand ability, and it's first ability would be pretty weak, even if versatile.

And then you have stuff like Star Platinum, that its ability is basically do anything that its host needs.
>>
File: Buckethead.jpg (15 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
Buckethead.jpg
15 KB, 250x230
Do you guys like my stand? It's pretty useless, anyway, its only powers are to give me some advice and bringing me good luck.

Pretty harmless.
>>
>>47081503
>Stone Ocean
Wasn't that just because of the goo girl fixing her up?
>>
>>47081549
I'd like it a lot better if you teamed up with President Valentine and used your good advice make Love Train even more infalliable, saving America from that terrorist Johnny
>>
>>47080806
>he doesn't know about GER protecting him
>he doesn't know about 36 Kars from Mars
>he doesn't know about Rohan ignoring the resets to focus on his manga

Unless of course the Jorge Joestar novel isn't canon.
>>
>>47081616
It's not
>>
>>47081616
And it hasn't been translated to English.

Sadly.
>>
File: 026.jpg (128 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
026.jpg
128 KB, 640x480
>>47081581
>When you realize that Hey Ya! defeated Love Train, Tusk 4 and The World just to win a race.
>>
>>47081634
Aw man.

>>47081581
>Johnny

He's not even the main character!
>>
File: mfwnoface.jpg (81 KB, 600x848) Image search: [Google]
mfwnoface.jpg
81 KB, 600x848
>>47081702
>When you realise that Hey Ya! is basically a better Path to Victory than Contessa's Path to Victory
>>
Jumpers, we've been talking about how awesome y'all are for a while now. So let's switch it up for a moment.

Who's that one being in your journey who still terrifies you? Like the moment you hear their name, you break out into a cold sweat terrifying.

Seeing and speaking with Aozaki Touko tells you one thing and one thing only. You are nothing more than a possible experiment to her, and lord forbid you become interesting!
>>
>>47081799
Afraid of no-name shitty hedge mage hiding in the middle of nowhere.

Booo.
>>
>>47081799
LoT was a long set of years where terror was my primary experience. Even with the assistance of my Sororitas, and the IG for most of the jump I was just a normal asshole again and dealing with the threat level that exists there made that daunting on a good day.
>>
>>47081799
But anon, I can't really be damaged now by any means and I can insta-kill anything. Why should I fear anything?

I prefer make cooking shows than fighting retarded mages.
>>
>>47081891
Yeah LoT was pretty chilling at first.

That changed real fast once I got the opportunity to leverage all the supertech I still knew how to build even without perks but first few weeks of being stuck in the middle of nowhere together with a bunch of crazy savages on a primitive ancient metal bucket were rather chilling.
>>
File: 1362406093587.jpg (138 KB, 456x303) Image search: [Google]
1362406093587.jpg
138 KB, 456x303
>>47081880
>Afraid of no-name shitty hedge mage hiding in the middle of nowhere.
>Aozaki Touko
>No-name shitty hedge mage
>Aozaki Touko
>>
File: 250px-697Tyrantrum.png (54 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-697Tyrantrum.png
54 KB, 250x250
>>47081799
>implying there's only one

Never mind the waiting spectre of Nicol Bolas once I spark. I bear many scars from many battles, with foes I would still take seriously regardless of how much my powers have grown.

Indominus Rex. Cinder Fall. Nui Harime. The Thule Society. Bayonetta (Smash Bros jump, don't ask.). Rochelle the Red (who /really/ should not have been as threatening as she was, but she decided to wait until I'd /just/ finished fighting a Dragon and the Dragonborn wasn't around to help). Deviljho. Malack. Slattern. Seiryu Ubiquitous. Jasper. Xellos (I tried getting him to go away once. ONCE. I swear he left me alive on purpose, considering how easily he could've mulched me. I suppose it's more fun for him to have a Golden Dragon cower before him every time he shows up.). Drifa the White (to this day I'm surprised he actually went down). The White Walkers (I took a trip past the Wall once. Never had I been more glad to have fire breath). Gray Mann. Napoleon Bonaparte (Civ jump, don't ask). Link Joker.

Some were strong. Others were wily. Still others had access to outside powers. Some beat me to within an inch of my life, while others tired me out by refusing to die. Where lives were not at stake, reputations were. Even so, every one of them has earned a respect from me - grudging or genuine, depending on their hearts. Even the weakest of them are not to be underestimated.
>>
Could a sufficiently powerful psyker open a tiny hole to the warp, such as to open a hole in real space to swallow an attack heading your way?
>>
File: THE TIME WIZARD.png (9 KB, 160x186) Image search: [Google]
THE TIME WIZARD.png
9 KB, 160x186
>>47081999
Absolutely. Anyone who cannot cast wish has no name and no appearance.
>>
>>47082145
Sure. Opening holes to the Warp is never the hard part for a psyker. Keeping them closed is. You're going to need a lot of practice with your fine control to be able to block attacks with your portals and have nothing else happen.
>>
>>47082158
RWMR, Reality Warping Master Race.
>>
Friend Like Me
Power A
Speed C
Range A
Durability D
Precision E
Potential E

Friend Like Me takes the form of a red cloud of vaguely mystical dust and condensed air. By willing it, it can take new forms, such as that of a man, an animal, or even household objects. It is incredibly arrogant and vain, though not necessarily amoral or selfish. It considers life to be a play, and is galvanized by the nature of the worlds he and his User travel to. Thus, while it will often use its powers to strengthen foes in order to increase drama, it sees no problem with that as "Good always wins".

Friend Like Me's base ability is that of turning theatrics real. If the User presented himself as a hero, and acted in dramatical forms appropriate of such, Friend Like Me could give him traits befitting one, such as peak-level endurance and a little bit of luck. By swinging an imaginary sword around, one could be made. But what is theater without its viewers. When others see objects crafted or affected by Friend Like Me, their belief in them affects them. Thoughts such as "That sword looks dangerous- I better not get hit." will cause an affected sword to become sharper than its material would allow. "Shit, if I let him catch up to me I'll be toast." will cause the User to become stronger, faster, better, IF he succeeds in catching whoever he is chasing. A created fire would be hot enough to feel harmful, but unless onlookers see it and think that it's real, it will be incapable of harming anything. Similarly, a knife it created will be too blunt to cut until another thinks "That's a knife. Knives cut.", at which point it will be able to cut.

1/2
>>
>>47082175
But maybe letting some horrors through would be a good thing, a strong jumper would have nothing to fear from common daemons.
>>
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 504x1551) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 504x1551
I know someone is working on an Avengers EMH jump, but is anybody doing an Ultimate Spider-Man/Avengers Assemble/Hulk and the Agents of SMASH jump?

I just thought of a way to make it ludicrously more interesting.
>>
>>47082214
Friend Like Me's Requiem ability allows it to gather even more belief from others, allowing it to reach into the realm of the supernatural. If a group of children saw the User and his sword, and thought of him as a Hero like a certain lad in green, he would become tireless and throw his sword's swings out. If that group instead thought of a plumber, he would be capable of jumping great distances and throwing fire. However, Friend Like Me is still limited. While the faith of a nation could give him the appearance and ideal powers of a god, he would not be one, as their magnitude is limited by what the Stand can produce. The sheer multitude of miracles available to him might exceed ordinary Stands, but any given power will not reach the abnormal.

This is so fucking vague holy shit.
>>
File: 600px-Thrillercrons.jpg (81 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-Thrillercrons.jpg
81 KB, 600x600
>>47081891
>He didn't took Necron easy mode.
>>
>>47082222
>Cory in the House and Agents of S.M.A.S.H share an universe

You should totally do a jump based on this.
>>
>>47082222
>2222
>Recess/Proud Family/Lilo & Stitch/Kim Possible/American Dragon: Jake Long all in the same universe
>ALL of the live action shows except 2 are in the same universe, sharing it with the Marvel toons
>Darkwing Duck/DuckTales/TaleSpin/Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers/Goof Troop/Quack Pack all in the same universe

DISNEEEEEEY
>>
>>47082267
Tuesday is a soldier, and I know how to deal with soldiers. It was a pretty easy pick. LoT is hardmode enough by itself. Although going with the Spess Muhreen woulda been cool, too, seeing as how it transforms you. That was a neat touch.
>>
>>47082267
I can't understand how anyone would do Light of Terra without either breaking the Deadlight or taking the Tomb Spyder
>>
>>47082222
I'd just Tale Spin just to fuck with Don Carnage. He was hilarious.
>>
>>47082317
Because I believe in the capacity of Shas'La Ko'el to protect me, and that he actually wants to.

Pride goeth before the fall.
>>
>>47082313
Picking her starts you in that jump with your side torn out by a harpoon, with no morphine.
>>
>>47082342
Well, with all the morphine, caused you used it all taking the harpoon out. Hence the addiction.
>>
>>47082313
I'm not sure how you expect to survive with that much blood loss.
>>
>>47082317
Because I took the Techpriest.

The whole of the Light of Terra was my body.
>>
>>47082361
That does not remedy the crippling injury that it left behind, good fucking luck staying alive after taking a harpoon to the side.
>>
>>47082313
And brainwashes you into serving Alpha Legion. Is that really what you want?
>>
>>47082364
>>47082384
The text states that you survive that, so you survive that.
>>
>>47082317
I hope anybody planning to break the Deadlight has some tech perks and something similar to Unbound from Homeworld because your crew is going to be aggressively incompetent.
>>
>>47082395
>implying you weren't already Alpharius

HYDRA DOMINATUS
>>
>>47082421
Overlord has a good perk that buffs the competence of people who work for you. It's written to work with some real proper mouth breathers, so it'd probably do a good job during the LoT.
>>
>>47082342
>>47082364
>>47082361
>>47082384
You survive, because you talk to the captain after that. Reading into it such that you automatically die, when that obviously isn't the authors intent, is unnecessary. Why do that?
>>
>>47082317
Vague feeling of unease and sense of "Too easy". Breaking somewhat what can hold back awesome omnipotent powers typically has consequences. You can break it at any moment later, anyway.

Techpriest actually knows his way around Light of Terra and is probably the best option if you don't know shit about repairing giant primitive metal buckets what somehow fly.

Shas'O is relatively sane. Imperial guard is like Tau Companion but worse - buuut gives you an option to arm your chosen faction with proper guns instead of whater primitive shit they are lugging around.

And space marine is perfect if you know how to repair the ship but just need some stupid meathead to keep the crazies away while you work your magic.

Necron option is still easy modo IIRC but it is expensive and other options are not -completely- shit.
>>
>>47082456
Is it enough to allow a horde of deranged and aggressively inept cultists to run a dark age tech battleship without blowing it up?
>>
>>47082518
Would breaking it after the event that would have killed my companion was supposed to happen save them?
>>
>>47082522
It's built to work with the minions and peasants of Overlord who are indescribably stuipd, so I'd vote yes.
>>
Why do some people go out of their way to paint LoT like it's an insurmountable challenge?
>>
>>47082518
Who the fuck wants to pick the DE option I do not know. Mandatory trap option.

It's basically spess muhrin but shieeet with a companion who is going to bleed stupid all over your face while you are trying not to die and fix the mess you landed into.
>>47082522
Yes. It's not like you going to have any problems keeping the LoT running if you have deadlight broken, though. Assuming you are not the early game jumper - but if you are early game jumper and broke deadlight yer dead anyway, Harry.
>>
>>47082292
>>47082300
>>47082329

You can keep following the connections. Sonic shares a universe with Archie, which had a crossover with Sabrina the Teenage Witch, which had a crossover with Boy Meets World, which Girl Meets World is a spin off of.

Meaning you can have Sonic meet the Avengers and have it make sense.

We're Tommy Westphall up in this bitch.
https://thetommywestphall.wordpress.com/the-master-list/
>>
>>47082511
Yes you survive that long but you have to go through the whole scenario with a grievous injury, it will take time to heal and you are on board a derelict battleship in the 40K universe.
>>
>>47082594
>No perks
>Alone in a ship bigger than most cities in our planet.
>Said city is going to probably either become uninhabitable
at best or get infested by daemons at worst before the trip ends.
>At least half of the ship is going to try and kill you for various reasons.

Although once you survive the first part, it is really tame no matter what you picked.
>>
File: UyNxJiv.jpg (340 KB, 2549x1202) Image search: [Google]
UyNxJiv.jpg
340 KB, 2549x1202
>>47082614

Forgot my pic
>>
>>47082607
Dark Eldar has some of the better ship upgrades at the end. If you've done Commorragh you probably have a pretty good handle on Dark Eldar behaviour and the a jumper with enough shit under their belt is basically Batman on their worst day.

Given you could probably do the 1st part on your own and Shauphezh can mince the shit out of everyone you chuck her at it's not really any harder than the others.
>>
>>47082563
Personally I think so. Fanwanking is for these kind of situations.

Actually do feel to fanwank at any point. The jump has a number of railroaded scenarios what might not really make sense if you jumper is stronger than jumpmaker assumed.

Like why I am going to bother repairing this shit myself and bother with those savages if I can teleport anywhere in the galaxy under my own power - and take the LoT with me if I so desire?

LoT is not a modern military shooter. Do not let yourself be affected by cutscene incompetence.
>>
>>47082614
>>47082679
Why don't Japs crossover as much?
>>
File: Antispiralshocked.png (190 KB, 393x453) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralshocked.png
190 KB, 393x453
>>47081799
Pinky, of MGNQ infamy.

Imagine somewhere, everything went wrong for Madoka and she lost everything she valued as a human. Oh, she has her divine powers. But-something awful happened to her, that ended in Homura cast down amnesiac in an ally somewhere, and Madoka becoming some sort of sentient nightmare haunting the dreams of magical girls everywhere, and handing out cursed golden weapons like cotton candy for some sort of nebulous evil plan.

Imagine what that being would think if long ago, you helped everything turn out RIGHT for Madoka.

Imagine what that how she would react to the fact that all this time, you've been carefully holding onto a spark of power Good End!Madoka granted you as her angel.
>>
>>47082683
Granted LoT is meant to be taken when it is level appropriate for you - at point where you can't just lolstomp your way through even without deadlight - so uhhh do not feel legally bound to break it or something.

It was meant to be a very specific kind of challenging experience.

I am just saying what you technically could lolstomp your way through. Not yhat you -should-.
>>
>>47082679
Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>47082679
>leagueofextraordinarygentlemen.jpg
>>
>>47082746
Or with deadlight, no difference. As long as you are at the point where you cannot lolstomp through it.
>>
>>47082683
>might not really make sense if you jumper is stronger than jumpmaker assumed

Golden Bikini from SW insists that it will be difficult to escape no matter how strong the jumper is, incoming intangible jumper who can fly and survive in space.
>>
>>47082697
>>47082749
>>47082763

The question is: How do you make a jump that encompasses a universe of this size, and what does this mean for Jumpchain?

We have separate Buffy, Doctor Who, and Star Trek jumps but the chart indirectly shows they all can exist in the same universe.

Tommy Westphall's Universe jump?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 62

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.