[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: Zombie vs Berzeker.jpg (559 KB, 1553x1073) Image search: [Google]
Zombie vs Berzeker.jpg
559 KB, 1553x1073
>resources
pastebin.com/J3Nv182k

Walking Dead is cool edition

Flesh, tasty flesh, raw flesh, dead flesh, all will be consumed.

Is that Zombies? Ogres? Ghoulkins? Or tyranid. Discuss.
>>
File: 1460336064286.jpg (77 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
1460336064286.jpg
77 KB, 600x563
First for President Kroak and Kroakcare
>>
>>46935544
Have you ( Or anyone else rather) had any experience playing with them homebrew 'nid rules? They seem bretty neato and fighting "cosmic terrors" doesn't sound so far fetch in the realms of Daddy Swigmar
>>
File: Mannfred_von_Carstein.png (872 KB, 587x852) Image search: [Google]
Mannfred_von_Carstein.png
872 KB, 587x852
>>46935566
Second for Mannfred did nothing wrong.
>>
>>46935592
That's actually a neat idea.
>>
I've been messing around with ideas for making a Stormcast Stormhost and I've decided to try my hand at making a Stormhost based on the Heavy Metal genre for the fun and hell of it. I mean, there is a realm of Metal after all.
Problem is it's currently late where I am so I'm truthfully lacking in imagination right now. So I'm asking you guys to share any thoughts/ideas that your willing to share on the subject and matter. I might even try my hand at using the new creation tables to see if I can roll up anything intresting.
>>
>>46935758
I'd say use the tables to figure it out first. See if it produces anything good. I don't think asking the general is a good idea as not a lot of fa/tg/uys are into Sigmarines (honestly if you like them, that is swaggin for you).
>>
>>46935604
I don't think Mannfred ever once did something right though. His saving grace is the fact Konrad dragged the class average down so low that even Thanquol and Be'lakor look good by comparison.
>>
>>46935627
Aside from some range modifications that I heard it needs, the rules for the AoS nids I heard were pretty neato and somewhat terrifying to play against. I may try this shit out with a m8 and see how it plays out on the pool choice sys.
>>
>>46935907
>I don't think asking the general is a good idea as not a lot of fa/tg/uys are into Sigmarines
True, though honestly I do like asking the generals for help since theres often some great advice and ideas offered when anons are in a more creative mood.
I just don't want to rely on the tables stright away, I'd like to try to set up the idea from the ground up if I'm able, ya know?
Anyways, thanks none the less for the advice anon.
>>
"Details starting to come out in UK (national manager's meeting Monday).
4 classifications, not based on keywords - In essence characters, troops, warmachines and monsters.
Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
Core rules unchanged.
Get down your local GW, looks like managers have been briefed on what the plans are and are allowed to discuss."
-derkkaderkka

britbongs get in here
>>
>>46935991
Wartorn and weathered sigmarines instead of pristine

battle damage

I'd just go for chaos conversions though, not sure what you are envisioning.

Although some of the early art for sigmarines is very 70/80s rock/metal face burning electric guitar solo fantasy...
>>
>>46935916
>I don't think Mannfred ever once did something right though.

He tried to save Tarus Bullheart because he genuinely liked the guy because he was the only guy who truly believed in him and trusted him.

Mannfred's journey to becoming an anti-hero begins
>>
>>46936112
>Wartorn and weathered sigmarines instead of pristine, battle damage
That would be pretty cool looking, and a few conversions might do the trick.
>not sure what you are envisioning.
>Although some of the early art for sigmarines is very 70/80s rock/metal face burning electric guitar solo fantasy.
I guess choosing a single genre to focus on might help. Power and Black metal come to mind, but how fun/crazy do you think a Glam Metal stormhost would be and if it's possible?
I can already picture the conversions to add wild and crazy hair...
>>
>>46936238
I think glam metal is a good description but usually gets pulled off through complete art peices where the environement and enemies also fit the theme, hard to make usual sigmarine models more that than they already are. I'd go for black metal personally, but maybe try some test color schemes?

Either way the feel sjould be pretty epic and dramatic, I think that new exalted spear dude is very fitting but chaos/barbarian style. Mini dioramas come to mind.. but the biggest challenge with doing it with sigmarines will be working around fairly static poses..

ideally you could have a unit that each has a pose that when all on the table kinda looks like they are all in the same diorama.. I dunno.

Yeah that stuff is very pose oriented to get the feel I think.. overly dramatic extreme force or resolute.. hard with static units.. without alot of work.

That said if you are up to the task it would look very unique and striking with well converted sigmarines - all in very individual or narrative poses when players would be used to troops that all look similar.
>>
>>46936065
there is an exception for formation tho, for example you can field neferata blood court by itself apparently. (doing this is heavily comped)
>>
>>46936682
Where can we get more info??
>>
>>46936835
Local GW, like the Tottenham Court Road one, they all got briefed, you can ask questions there if you are a regular you'll have much more info than me tho.

this one : https://www.google.fr/maps/@51.5182695,-0.131761,3a,75y,51h,75.17t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sLE7l5CKI-qwAAAQn7yoEsg!2e0!3e2!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1?hl=en
>>
>>46937139
I wish all available info was just online, would be alot easier for a global fanbase to get into.
>>
@Jipin not keywords as such, split into leaders, battle line units, behemoths and warmachines (may not be correct names or finalised) 1/2

@GWHull
>>
then the way to build your army says you can have min/max of each depending on size 2/2

Fucking report in britbongs
>>
>>46937494
This scenario dictates you can have a maximum of 0 (zero) details for this game.
>>
>>46935544
Cosmic horror actually..
>>
Yo dawgs, why is the Neferata Blood Court everywhere on the tables ?

Each time i walk in my Club, at least 1 guy is using it. It's not strong so what's the appeal ?
>>
File: images (74).jpg (11 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
images (74).jpg
11 KB, 224x225
>>46937653
>>
File: 300px-Neferata2.jpg (79 KB, 300x584) Image search: [Google]
300px-Neferata2.jpg
79 KB, 300x584
>>46937694

mmm.. All flyers formations? yes not strong but quite mobile, you can focus on half your enemy force on turn 1, which means that on most board, he will need at least 2 turns to get the rest of it's army there.

Basically the surprise factor of an all flying force. You use 100% of your formation against 25% to 50% of his, you don't need much overall power when it's concentrated into your opponents ass.
By the time the rest of his army got there you already killed the other half.
Fast forces were good in 8th and are now better since there's much more terrain.

It also use all the badass models of the death alliance so...
>>
Does anyone have a download for "Fist of Gork, fist of Mork"?
>>
File: Untitled.png (522 KB, 496x1029) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
522 KB, 496x1029
Various podcasts (baddice, facehammer, heelanhammer) have info on the upcoming matched play system, but I can't listen to them where I am now. Has anyone listened to these by any chance, and would be kind enough to type up a few highlights?
>>
>>46938677
Bad Dice Podcast episode 131 - The Generals Handbook - Our experiences visiting Games Workshop.

In this episode I team up with Dan and Wayne from Heelanhammer and Russ from Facehammer podcast to talk about the scenes play testing at Games Workshop we were invited to take part in.

The episode is 30mins long and I have never been so happy about one of my podcast releases.

http://baddice.co.uk/generals-handbo...ames-workshop/

The Generals Handbook is an awesome new release from games workshop that includes 3 new ways to play Age of Sigmar including Open, Narrative and Matched play.

Open play is pretty much Age of Sigmar as we know it now, Narrative is story driven along the line of the realm gate wars books and the 3rd version is Matched play which includes a FULL POINTS SYSTEM for all Warscrolls in the Age of Sigmar.

Ben Curry (Bad Dice Podcast), Dan Heelan (Heelanhammer), Wayne Kemp and Russ Veal (Facehammer) were invited into games workshop to, and i quote, "Help make it great"

This episode is our experiences on this fantastic weekend and a first look at what is coming in the Generals Handbook.

In the show, in addition to talking about the fantastic time we had meeting Jervis Johnson and other members of the studio, and getting to play stet some of the ideas and scenarios in the book and we also release more information about the contents of the book.

* First thing, its a book and will be release in the summer. *
* There are 5 new campaigns including path to glory,
* 22 new battle plans from small games all the way up to epic battles between the games biggest characters. *
* 6 new 'Pitched Battle' scenarios
* Multi-player and team play and of course,
* full points values for every Warscroll in Age of Sigmar.

Listen to the full episode for more information

Check it out at baddice.co.uk
>>
File: iOJNlLyJpEk.jpg (95 KB, 811x455) Image search: [Google]
iOJNlLyJpEk.jpg
95 KB, 811x455
>>46935544
I want to believe
>>
>>46938677
Listening to it now.

Book: 'Generals Handbook'
5 campaigns, 22 battleplans, 6 pitched battles, multi-player, teamplay + Warscroll points
>>
>>46938624
Mobi only.

https://mega.nz/#!vhphTLKR!zl3-mhYkZBSC3Dh6qNgOC3oNiQAEUXxMpShBMefrECI
>>
Generals handbook summer release all three modes Matched play, narrative and open
22 battle plans including different size games - small warbands to large with massive heroes end times levels
Rules for multiplayer and team games
Points for every warscroll and battalion in AoS
6 pitched battles
160+ pages

Open is the same

Narrative is campaign
5 campaign systems one includes a matched play spin
Play thru a story arc, build army up
Path to glory
Matched
2k pts range 2-2.5 hour battle + different point sizes and levels of battle
>>
>>46938819
>Points for every warscroll and battalion in AoS
I'm disappointed, if they won't update the point monthly via pdf or app. :(
>>
>>46938862
Their soc media said app would be updated as well as other free options likely the pdfs.
>>
File: NeverGoFullRetard.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
NeverGoFullRetard.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>46938862
every single book has been digitalized those past 3 year and you think point costs wont ?
>>
Those notes are just from the heelan hammer podcast, says later podcasts might talk about more.
That seems to be all info in current podcast.
Also they mentioned they met up for the playtesting about a month ago (at time of recording) if that gives you an idea of their publication timeframe.
>>
>>46938893
Thanks for taking the time the type this stuff up dude.
>>
>>46938758
Was hoping for the audiobook, but thanks a lot, better than nothing.
>>
>>46935566
KROAKS NOT EVEN FROM AZYR!! HES A DAMN FOREIGNER!!!!

i want to see kroaks birth certificate damnit
>>
>>46936065
I really hope they don't impose a core tax
>>
>>46938705
Wait, it's going to be a released book? Matched Play rules won't be free??

And if it's a book release then that means they have been planning it for a while and this is not a knee-jerk reaction
>>
File: marge.jpg (10 KB, 215x211) Image search: [Google]
marge.jpg
10 KB, 215x211
Fuck I have too much shit to paint

>6 ripperdactyls
>6 terradons
>3 kroxigor
>astrolith bearer
>kroak
>30 saurus guard
>troglodon
>19 saurus warriors
>8 saurus knights
>starpriest
>8 chameleon skinks
>>
>>46939547
I imagine the rules will be free, but the scenarios and battleplans and what not will only be in the book.
>>
>>46939522
>characters, troops, warmachines and monsters. Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
It indeed implies a core tax, but also assumes what were once special choices and rares as core (as long as it's not monsters or warmachines)
>>
>>46939739
It does not necessarily imply a core tax. It could be like SCGT where the troops are cheaper but not required.
>>
>>46939739
Someone mentioned gw managers can give info about it, they had the impression it was less like unlocks and closer to force org, what the difference is between the two I have no idea.

Release slated for around 22/23 july, around 15gbp
>>
>>46939522
From what I am going to guess your core may be very wide range of anything that is a unit without the keywords war machine, or monster and has a minimum of 5+

That's just my guess because that would clearly keep the starting boxes valid.
>>
>>46939753
>Each category is min/maxed relative to the others.
Are we reading this part differently perhaps?
I see that each category has a minimum and a maximum number of slots based on the others (stuff like 1 monsters each 2 troops, or 1 character per troop and so on)
>>
>>46939770
"leaders, battle line units, behemoths and warmachines"

yeah sounds like a good guess. and so then they go points to differentiate elite inf and base inf?

base inf typically has bonuses at bigger sizes, but like you said min unit size is pretty telling. They could just organise by min unit sizes alone (for most units) into unit catagories and it is pretty clear of their relative power level.
>>
>>46939780
Yeah as long as it doesn't all hinge on forcing core, could clarify a bit how force org would come into that different to unlock/tax.

lots of possible force orgs to choose and you can avoid or minimise core choices maybe..
>>
>>46939780
I'm reading it as the point values are "min/maxed" like they are optimized. Your interpretation is valid, too.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>46939836
Or if you go into gw and talk to a manger report back info .... aparrantly beefeater managers have looked through the draft docs.
>>
>53 posts
>no shitposting yet

I guess the 10am shitposter isn't awake yet
>>
>>46939900
That doesn't help though if you are in the US, and on the Midwest or worse yet west, then you have 2.5 hours to wait, to 5.5 hours to wait before you can learn anything.
>>
>>46939948
Thats right, so hoping uk players will give info but not much so far.
>>
>>46939976
Won't be able to check in with my local manager until Saturday. If there's anything new to report by that point I'll pass it on.
>>
>>46940107
Awesome thanks!
>>
>>46939522
>>46939827

I don't get what's so bad about core units, why don't you want to field an actual concise looking army? Troops are the cornerstone of any force

Anyone trying to run all monsters or some fluff element should be playing non-points anyway
>>
>>46940211
There's nothing wrong with troops but being forced to take them feels bad and restricts army building

Troops should be played because they are useful, not because you are required to use them.
>>
>>46940211
>why don't you want to field an actual concise looking army

The problem is, anon like me wanna field a fantasy force instead of medieval army, up to personal taste. However, a concise looking army is cool too, just not flexible?
>>
>>46940211
I run base troops when I want to, having to isn't as fun.

I have different ideas for forces I want to represent on the table. Sometimes base troops don't come into that theme. Dwarves, I like ironbreakers but not warriors not because of power - warriors are strong now. Is that base troop enough for you? I don't powergame at all, it also is not that entertaining. I find the dice punish players enough already.
>>
>>46939659
We warned you.
>>
>>46940211
also a mass of required random troops is the opposite of concise.
>>
>>46940211
Not every army needs to have tarpit units. The entire Ogor force is full of small elite units and it's a blast to play.

It also appeals to people that don't want to paint 500 rats only to have them die in a single round.

There are also numerous Batallions that support the idea of fewer, larger models, like the Thunderquake Starhost for Seraphon that wants you to field only Stegadons, Bastiladons, Kroxigor, a Troglodon, and Salamanders/Razordon.
>>
>>46940232
But an army without it's troops is just a bunch of cherrypicked shit, again may as well just play without any points restrictions if you want to be a Waac guy

Having points yet not having at least some mandatory core doesn't add up, it's like suggesting not having a general.

Finally your last argument is total bullshit, every force has useful core troops. their nature as often massed infantry alone gives them certain tactical roles to fill and typically picking the right one for your army is a game in itself

Skeletons V Grave guard is an interesting discussion in itself. As is Stormvermin V Plague monks. Anyone who dismisses troops is being willfully ignorant
>>
>>46940320
no one has dismissed troops, what are talking about? there are tons of examples in history and legend where massively important conflicts are resolved by the few vs the many.

enjoy your warriors vs warriors vanilla special, let me know who wins the coin toss in 8 hrs.
>>
>>46940320
>Having points yet not having at least some mandatory core doesn't add up, it's like suggesting not having a general.

These two concepts are not necessarily tied together.

It's like building a deck in Hearthstone - you look for synergies between cards and build around them. Sometimes you take some big game-ending cards but an entire deck full of them probably won't work.
Or maybe it will work, and that's fun in it's own way too.

The point is that players should WANT to bring troops, but not be FORCED to bring troops.
>>
>>46940351
>enjoy your warriors vs warriors vanilla special, let me know who wins the coin toss in 8 hrs.

There we go. Typical asspained reply to the thought of playing a real army in this game.

Enjoy your 5 Nagashes :^)
>>
>>46940320
and points is a value not tied to composition, composition is an additional restriction or factor.

points are an arbitrary value that gives an idea of what value every unit has regardless of its type.

three of the 4 "troops" you listed are elite inf.

try not jumping to conclusions.

you ask whats the point of a force without core...

what is the point of asking a question without listening, considering and instead dismissing the answer?

Please don't bother to reply.
>>
>>46940384
oh good morning shitposter, didn't realise it was you.
>>
>>46940394
>Le anyone who disagrees is a shitposter meme

70 posts in this is feeling kinda late buddy
>>
>>46940384
You obviously haven't seen core troops vs core troops lately.

What's new over at /v/?
>>
Is it 10am already? Shitposter-san is right on time
>>
Think people are getting a little het up a little too early. The rumours so far say the categories will be
>Heroes
>Monsters
>War machines
>Everything else
It doesn't seem like there'll be a "core" tax, more like an "everything else" tax. Don't want to paint high elf spearmen? Take white lions, or shadow warriors, or dragon princes, or lothern skycutters, or... As long as you've got some stuff in the army which isn't a hero, monster or warmachine, you'll be fine.

(The lothern skycutter is not a war machine. I checked.)
>>
>>46940432
It could be pretty well done, if wanting to be hopeful.

Going with the indicators of min unit sizes and summoning values, they already have an idea of what they consider to be around the same level. Hopefully it won't be restrictive but rather "this is worth that". I guess they sound like they're using a force org approach... yeah it is all speculation based on what little info is trickling out.. would be great if some managers were online giving info to players or something.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>46940432
Yeah. Heroes play really well in AoS at the moment.. hopefully won't be too restrictive. I mean points should help most players drop force org if needed anyway.
>>
>>46940494
What about normal 5 wound heroes? i feel they can get sniped down too easily. i wish they could Look out sir or just hide among certain friendly units
>>
>>46940509
Yeah they can get sniped out, which I've found keeps them pretty in line with most units. In combat positioning helps but for sniping I guess it's up to some fast cav or something to take the heat off your heroes.. see that kinda thinking to build an army is pretty good, especially with the idea of bring more than you deploy/ deploy what you will use.

Hopefully that gets preserved somewhat with their matched system.
>>
>>46940509
You can surround heroes with your own units to block line of sight and melee attacks.

In many of my games I use the Shadowstrike Batallion to have Ripperdactyls and Chameleon Skinks appear on the first turn and kill the enemy general.
To counter this strategy, lately my opponents have been surrounding his key targets with troops so I can't shoot them or get into melee with a swooping attack.

To counter their counter strategy I am summoning Salamanders within firing range to make an opening for those Ripperdactyls and Chams.

AOS is a surprisingly deep game.
>>
>>46940558
Yeah for sure. Deployment is actually interesting.
>>
>>46940494
>>46940494
Currently playing an Archaon (old one) list with multiple heroes. I do not want to see hero restrictions come back.
>>
File: clancy streetcar.png (264 KB, 501x366) Image search: [Google]
clancy streetcar.png
264 KB, 501x366
>yfw matched play doesn't allow unique named units like Archaon, Kroak, and Nagash
>>
>>46940660
>matched play doesn't allow unique named units

Really? Any source?
>>
>>46940660
That wouldn't bother me. These big silly expensive named heroes cause more trouble than they are worth
>>
>>46940660
Or they cost a crap ton of points so a 5 Nagash list has your opponent filling his entire zone with troops, most of which will reach you on turn 1 and start slaughtering shit as long as he has no named characters.
>>
>>46940853
is there seriously no rule saying 'no you can't use more than one naggy you retard'?
>>
>>46940955
They specifically FAQd that you could do it
>>
>>46940955
Unless it says otherwise you can field any number of a unit

Nagash does not say otherwise.
>>
>>46940955
You can and if its like Morathi, they replaced all Sorceress on Dark Pegasus with her so Nagash may be the fill in for something else.
>>
>>46940976
Still unknown to public how named characters are handled in matched play, I'm curious about all the now generic ones that get no-named in the book releases and no list of them anywhere.
>>
Considering a Ironjaws/Fyreslayers mercenary force
Thinks it's pretty apparent what the new orcs play like, but what do the beardy fuckers actually play like?
>>
File: clipdwa.gif (36 KB, 312x361) Image search: [Google]
clipdwa.gif
36 KB, 312x361
>>46941013
> upload didn't work kek
>>
>>46940660
Yeah, but it's stil allows endless Lord of Change summonspam.
>>
>>46940976
Possibly because if you go to the Collected Tomb Kings war scrolls, where I'm betting you will find his original entry, it will say in the back (just like in Dark Elves) these units did not receive their own war scroll, use this on instead.

I'm betting you will see another hero choice that says use Nagash's scroll.
>>
>>46941055
That's entirely possible but Nagash is a big unique character in the AOS world, like Archaon and Sigmar and Gordrakk.

If they weren't planning on his model being unique then they should have named it along the lines of "Avatar of Nagash" or "Shard of Nagash".

It really makes no sense that you can field multiple Nagash models.
>>
>>46941095
What if he was Nagash from an alternate timeline?
>>
>>46941095
Avvy of Naggy seems like a fair replacement if the gods don't have any involvement in the ground wars (such as sigmar handing over the OG warhammer to some fuck instead of smacking some face himself)
Is it actually stated wether or not th new gods like sigmar, malarion, tyrion etc are actually physical beings, or warp entities?
>>
>>46941042
If someone has the money for endless Lords of Change then you have other problems. Plus they have a 4 and 21 chance to actually cast that spell if I'm doing the math right. I'd rather not worry about that endless spam.
>>
>>46941145
>Plus they have a 4 and 21 chance to actually cast that spell if I'm doing the math right
Not with heralds support.
>>
>>46941138
Sigmar has been in the presence of mortals before and Nagash can take part in battles, so I have to assume they have physical forms.
>>
>>46941138
Could be unrelated, I heard random rumour godbeasts were planned as modular game tiles for realm of battle board.
>>
>>46940475
>Min unit size
> FAK. RIP MY CHARIOT LIST :-(
>>
>>46941162
Heralds get 3d6 once per battle but the Lords of Change still only get 2d6, heralds don't add to the others casting rolls so still trying "endless" spam this is still going to be ended quickly after 1 or 2 summonings
>>
File: The Nevermore vs The Ur-Death.png (7 MB, 3062x1028) Image search: [Google]
The Nevermore vs The Ur-Death.png
7 MB, 3062x1028
>>46941138
Sigmar let go of his warrior king aspect and adopted the aspect of the God King. No longer sallies forth to fight but supports his Stormcast from Azyr with magic and storm.

Nagash on the other hand still leads from the front whenever he can. He clashed with Archaon plenty of times.

>Is it actually stated wether or not th new gods like sigmar, malarion, tyrion etc are actually physical beings, or warp entities?

They are all physical beings that live in the Mortal Realms.
>>
>>46941273
Why your Chariots are considered "core" units now why would this be the end of it?
>>
>>46941310
>Why your Chariots are considered "core" units now why would this be the end of it?
Are they? I read it as a core choice needed a minimum number of units to count as 'core'. Sadly I don't think my list will be able to make it through points... I have too many heroes. :(

Bloab,
Demonic Lord,
Bloodstoker,
Herald on Chariot,
Gorebeast x3,
Chariot of Tzeentch x2
>>
>>46941337
>Demonic Lord,
Lord on Daemonic Mount*
>>
Physical or magical nature bears no real distinction in the mortal realms/chaos realm
>>
>>46941273
Min unit size to give a general idea of, 10 of these is worth 5 of these or one of these.
>>
>>46941337
Anything that isn't a warmachine/artillery, a monster or a character seems to be a core choice

I really doubt there'll be restrictions to heroes more than giving them a 1:1 ratio with core
>>
>>46941367
Ohhh right. That makes more sense. :) Hopefully I can play some variation of my list. I really love it.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x338
>>
>>46941402
You got them already? And damn that warboss is biiig.
>>
>>46941402
Kek, WHFB models looks so ugly and silly.
>>
>>46941402
Wow I didn't realize the Warboss was that big
>>
>>46940558
this just sounds like you are forced to tailor your list against your opponent's army. doesn't it destroy the whole "my guys" thing that AOS players are so fond of if you need to buy models based on your opponent's units who has to buy models countering your which ends up just turning your armies into piles of random units with 0 coherency and emptying your wallets?
>>
>>46941441
Not really, he can use just about anything to surround his general, it doesn't have to be a specific unit.
>>
>>46941402
No wonder he's already sold out. That model is phenomenal.
>>
>>46941552
>Brutes and Weirdnob Shaman also sold out now
>They haven't even been released yet
Guess Age of Sigmar is doing okay after all
>>
>>46941714
>40kucks will say people are buying them for their 40k army

I mean, I am comfortable saying there probably are a few looking for conversion fodder, but in this case I think it helps that the models legitimately look good
>>
File: ChDws10W4AA9CWa.jpg (15 KB, 244x172) Image search: [Google]
ChDws10W4AA9CWa.jpg
15 KB, 244x172
Nothing.
>>
>>46941789
ohohogohohohhoho
>>
>>46941789
post more no things
>>
File: image.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
>>46941740
I respectfully disagree, all greenskins who are not Savage Orcs look like faggots to me. Furthermore, armor is for overgrown Snotlings and runaway slaves.

If your spore sacks don't dangle in the breeze, you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: IronBreaker1.png (218 KB, 266x328) Image search: [Google]
IronBreaker1.png
218 KB, 266x328
>>46941821
Maybe if you wasn't suck a WEAKLING you would be able to handle a little bit of extra weight you green skinned pansy,
>>
>>46941402
Holy fucking batmans balls, the megaboss is HUGE. the price kinda makes sense now.
>>46941821
>If your spore sacks don't dangle in the breeze,
this anon knows what he's saying.
>>46941871
im sorry, i cant hear from up here. Maybe all that armour pressed you into beign tall as my ankle?
>>
Just got the Grand Alliance Destruction book (well, the German version, anyway). I was kinda surprised that there's not a single battalion in the entire book.
To be honest, that's kinda crap. At least the other Grand Alliance books had a whole bunch of battalions. At least it was cheap, I guess.
>>
>>46941925
No battalions at all? Not even the old ones from the compendiums? That is a bit shit you aren't wrong..
>>
File: IMG_0116.jpg (316 KB, 803x1100) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0116.jpg
316 KB, 803x1100
>>46941970
Here's the index for you.
The entries like Dakrugs Große Grüne Faust ("Dakrug's Big Green Fist) at first seem like battalions...
>>
File: IMG_0117.jpg (406 KB, 886x1135) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0117.jpg
406 KB, 886x1135
...but are actually just tiny blurbs without any rules.
>>
>>46942100
Hurry tell us the lore of the Ogors. Do ett now!
>>
>>46941789
Give more nothing plz.
>>
>>46942124
>Gutbuster tribe ogres are always hungry and go around the realms eating stuff.
>Beastclaw tribe ogres are always hungry and *ride* around the realms eating stuff.
>Firebellies are always hungry and want to eat a sun (like Gorkamorka apparently did), but in the meantime go around the realms eating other stuff.
>Maneaters are always hungry and go around the realms eating stuff or getting paid to later buy stuff to eat.

That's pretty much it. Ogre lore is about half a page per tribe.
The Grand Alliance books aren't exactly known for the depth of their lore...
>>
>>46942311
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>46942311
Are we getting any new models? Which ones does it look like we're losing?
>>
>>46942396
The ones destruction are losing are already on the last chance to buy/gone. New models are those new Orcs.
>>
>>46941042
In the Heelanhammer special podcast regarding this change, they specifically state they addressed Summoning (and the balancing thereof) for Matched Play.

My thinking is that you have to pay points for the units to be Summoned and the only benefit for doing so is you get slightly greater deployment flexibility as opposed to just deploying them normally.
>>
>>46942515
Although it's probably the only way to fix the summoning, I think it's a huge bummer for the undead forces.
>>
>>46941402
>>46941402
O gawd that's sexy
Quick question, for the ironjawz formation, know that ardboyz replaced black orcs, for the formation does the megaboss replace the black Orc warboss?
>>
>>46941740

They look a lot better than the terrible stormcast crap they've been trying to shove down our throats. They should have made the Ironjawz the protags of AoS.
>>
>>46942554
Maybe not. Resummoning the unit may be factored into the points costs of Undead, so revolving door units may still happen, just infinite tarpits and Summon till you fail Lords of change are not going to be a thing.
>>
Is the Spider God still a thing in Age?
Is it a weak Chaos entity like Great Horned Rat was when he was just Horned Rat, or is it something like Sigmar where it was a god that became a super god in Age?
>>
>>46942789
I really like the way my playgroup limits summoning.

1. You cannot cast the same summon spell more than once per turn, no matter how many wizards you have
2. Each wizard can only summon one unit per turn.

So you can't keep summoning the same unit over and over in the same round, but if you fail the cast then you can try a different summon (if you can cast multiple spells per turn).
>>
>>46942901
This is pretty good. Really good actually.
>>
>>46942889
No its still a thing, like gork and mork, and not chaos related
>>
>>46942602
Don't think so. I asked on their fb page about the carrion formation that wad removed from the app, and the reasoning was that the units had changed names, might be getting it back later. Might be something like that.
>>
>>46942889
>Spider God still a thing in Age?
Maybe a Spider godbeast is lurking in somewhere.
>>
File: 1440629329422.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
1440629329422.png
454 KB, 414x499
>>46943467
Fuck m8

that is just plain spooky.
>>
>>46942889
(>>46941925 here). Spidergod is still a thing in that it is an aspect of Gorkamorka. Some spider bit the ork deity without being noticed and drained some of the divine power, basically becoming divine itself. The spiderfang clans have carved out a sizeable domain across the realms in its name.
>>
>>46943467
>>46943609
Are we talking Ungoliant or Shelob here?
>>
>>46943609
Ungolianth, probably. This happened *long* ago and the text makes no dice about the fact that this aspect of Gorkamorka is as important and powerful as any of his other aspects, like the Suneater (who consumed at least one actual sun), the Relentless Hunter (who depopulated a world because he just couldn't stop hunting) or the Bad Moon (a actual, possibly sentient moon that even Gorkamorka couldn't destroy).
>>
>>46943609
>Gorkamorka was bitten by a radioactive spider and it got orc powers
>>
File: SKz1WDL.jpg (42 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
SKz1WDL.jpg
42 KB, 600x620
> "Ancient Dignity: Dragons are ancient and prideful creatures, and the Elves that
ride them are no less haughty, but from such nobility and dignity stems an inner
strength. If, during your entire hero phase, you can maintain a dignified (even
arrogant) composure and not smile, smirk or laugh regardless of your opponent's
antics, you may re-roll all hit rolls of 1 made for models in a Dragon Host until
your next hero phase."
>>
You know, this game wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't fucked up the aesthetics. I hate to be one of the guys who compares it to WoW, but seriously why'd they have to throw away their entire art direction?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1916x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1916x1080
> Braying Warcry: Red-hot rage festers in
the savage minds of Wargors, their only
desire to rend and destroy. You can add 1
to all hit rolls made for a Wargor if, before
rolling the dice, you let loose a primal
warcry. Your warcry must use no actual
words, but angry grunts and raging snorts
are encouraged.
>>
>>46944000
This is the future GW customers chose.
>>
>>46944000
To capture 40k fans.

GW's marketing strategy has been "The ideal customer buys and plays every product we make". So Unbound in 40k, no limits on army composition in Age, and a very similar aesthetic.
>>
>>46943789
Sauce please?
I want to read about this.
>>
>>46943908
>>46944048
I always liked stuff like this, with WAAAGH for orcs and the kneeling shit for Brets.
>>
>>46944000
>I hate to be one of the guys who compares it to WoW

Then don't, that's a retarded comparison.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (365 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
365 KB, 1920x1080
> And He Did Say ‘War’, and the World Did Tremble...: If Settra the Imperishable uses this ability, you must hold out your hand and utter ‘War’ in a supremely commanding tone. [...] However, if Settra is your general, you must not kneel for any reason during the battle. If you do, even once, you immediately lose the battle. Settra does not kneel!
>>
File: angry joe does not kneel.png (621 KB, 843x429) Image search: [Google]
angry joe does not kneel.png
621 KB, 843x429
> "Settra does not kneel!"
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 350x350
>>46944116
Settra squats.
>>
>>46944074

Nobody plays Unbound
>>
>>46944087
Grand Alliance Destruction, which is out this Saturday.
I just got mine early. German version, though.
>>
Just finished Fury of Gork. It was boss as fuck.
>>
Can't decide on painting my Stormcast Chamber.

Deciding between Hammers of Sigmar and Celestial Vindicators.

Hammers of Sigmar
Pros: Easy to paint, lots of gold, classic scheme, first of the storm hosts, poster boys of AoS
Cons: Very common, lots of people like this scheme, Ultramarines in reverse

Celestial Vindicators:
Pros: Turquoise armor!, very unique, striking appearance, sixth storm host - the most pissed off one
Cons: harder to paint, not sure what color to paint the dracoths so that the models aren't all shades of green
>>
>>46945959
Do the Dracoth in red so they stand out.
>>
>>46945959
Hammers of Sigmar are both the boring standard and non-gold sigmarines look way better.
Or just make your own stormhost. That's the best option.
>>
File: image.jpg (238 KB, 680x852) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
238 KB, 680x852
>>46946553
I REALLY hate Sigmarines, but have to admit they'd look good in a rusted bronze paintjob.
>>
>>46947032
That'd look pretty bitchin', yeah. Easy to do, too.
Square-base anon also has some decent metal & brass stormcast and another anon showed off some awesome bone-colored ones.
>>
Ironjawz tome shared yet?
>>
>>46938940
Go to kickass torrent site and type Warhammer in search then click on age tab
>>
>>46947122
The one coming out this Saturday? Gee, I wonder...
>>
>>46936125
That was actually the best part of that trilogy, I think. It was nice to see some actual character development on his part.
>>
File: 1417318833944.jpg (13 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1417318833944.jpg
13 KB, 320x320
>>46935544

It's Happening

via anonymous sources on Faeit 212
There will be a globel campaign for AoS coming up in a few weeks/months time.
It will have it's own website.
A living map.
All results will lead into the next book.
Details are still being finished.
A new start up section is coming for AoS with kits starting at £5 up.
On the finance front.
AoS is actually doing as well if not better then 40k in some areas.
There has been a decline in shop sales but with summer coming GW hope this should pick up.
Also.
No more leaks!
GW are going are no longer going to be holding back info.
You will know as soon as it happens.
>>
>>46948406
>anonymous sources on Faeit 212
>AoS is actually doing as well if not better then 40k in some areas.

The return of a rustled Insiderz?
>>
>>46948406
At this point I've pretty much given up on any GW rumor that is further out than one week. It took me years and years to learn this, admittedly.
>>
>>46948406
Britfag here summer champaign is real and happening, don't know alot else will find stuff out later
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 768x1024
>>46948406
Storm of Chaos 2.0. Oh golly gee, because we all wanted that to happen again.

>Army loses
Your army was crushed by Archaon, the last things they heard were the lamentations of their families being sacrificed on altars. Archaon's army crushes your bones to dust as if marches on Azyrheim.
>Army wins
Despite valiant but ultimately futile efforts, your army was crushed by Archaon, the last things they heard were the lamentations of their families being sacrificed on altars. Archaon's army crushes your bones to dust as if marches on Azyrheim.
>>
>>46948406
>There will be a globel campaign for AoS coming up in a few weeks/months time.
>It will have it's own website.
>A living map.
>All results will lead into the next book.
>Details are still being finished.
Goddamn that sounds awesome. I know everything on faeit has to be taken with salt, but I hope this is true.

>No more leaks!
>GW are going are no longer going to be holding back info.
>You will know as soon as it happens.
As above. Would also be cool if it turns out to be true.
>>
>>46948809
No Grimgork to come kick Archaon in the balls this time around, so GW is probably more confident this will go to plan.
Still, I remember having a ton of fun during SoC, so this might also be cool. Presumably the result is already decided and easy enough to fudge, but if the campaign is interesting enough I see no issue taking part in this.
>>
File: 99120209032_GodrakkonBigTeef03.jpg (56 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120209032_GodrakkonBigTeef03.jpg
56 KB, 600x620
>>46949043

Now there is GORDRAKK
>>
File: image.jpg (310 KB, 900x708) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
310 KB, 900x708
>>46949068
So are all Orcs going to be P'orcs going forward?

Are they still Sp'orcs?
>>
>>46948406
Damn son, everything's turning up AoS. Points, narrative, cheap(er) kits. I might be able to convince some friends to start instead of just painting models by myself :(. At least my gf likes looking at them lol
>>
>>46949419
I'm happy for you and all, but FUCK does your poor punctuation and use of both emoticons and "lol" make me want to wish disproportionate misery on you.
>>
>>46949574
Sorry I'm finding it hard to formulate cohesive thoughts as I just got home from a long day at work
>>
I don't understand the Stormcast hate.

Yes, they are similar to Space Marines, fine. But is that a reason to fucking hate them?!

I mean, how can you possibly hate demigod knights riding fucking dragons that spit lightning?!

Maybe some people just don't want to be happy.

I actually like Stormcasts more than Space Marines because they are more true scale in terms of looking like the soldiers of a god.
>>
>>46949419
>cheap(er) kits
>>
>>46949781
The start collecting boxes are good value and also the rumours said they'll be doing introduction stuff so possibly
>>
it seems like GW is no longer trying to be antagonistic towards its customers

no more "you'll buy what we make and like it!" attitude

they genuinely want to make us happy, they realize that happy customers buy more and want to interact more

maybe GW was asshole-ish because kirby himself is an asshole
>>
>>46949739
Because they're the main characters, and we don't want main characters.

They get almost all the spotlight.
Any lore update for Order is a Stormcast update, with their sidekicks being some secondary faction we don't hear a lot about.

Back in the day, when an update came it starred someone. For example, the Skaven Army Book was about Skaven, and nobody else. Skaven fucking up High Elves, Skaven being fucked up by Tomb Kings, Skaven Skaven Skaven. Skaven alphabet, Skaven politics, and a shitload of alternative paint schemes for Skaven. Skaven short stories all throughout history.

But now? If there's an update, its 80%+ about either Archaon/Khorne or Sigmar. Everyone else only has one foot on the stage, at best. Even then its mostly about how these new guys are stealing your spot, like how Black Orc players are unhappy the Ironjawz took their place as da biggest plate wearers or how Fyreslayers get all the attention REAL Slayers never did.

So for those players of Wood Elves, or Savage Orcs, or whatever, you're stuck hoping for a single sentence explaining what your models represent now.

That's on top of looking completely homogenous, looking like 40k reject designs, and having absolutely horrible naming schemes that cannot be taken seriously.
>>
>>46949916
>taken seriously

>fantasy

...what?
>>
>>46949739
>fat baby proportions
>retardedly MMORPG style decorated armor and weapons
>scream copy pasted CAD from every angle
>no interesting peculiarity nor character expressed by the model
>their most important model is also the blandest
>so bland he wields the strongest weapon of the mortal realms and put as much emphasis on it as it does with random-magical-scepter-N1674
>are made of lightnings
>ride lightnings
>shoot lightnings
>have thunder hammers
>ride dragons that breath lightnings
>said dragons also have bad proportions, stupid armor and lazily sculpted texture
>almost litterally wear the flayed skin of the old setting
>got inserted for the sole purpose of having space marines analogs
>didn't even try to put a little bit more of work to get nearer to blanche's designs and missed the point to give 40k fans bits to use in hope of raising sales
>>
>>46949888
I do like GW, but haven't purchased anything there in years. Hopefully they are changing, and they are listening, and it's not too little too late. I really don't want to play something other than Warhammer Fantasy, not even 40k, and I hope they continue to make better and cheaper models.
>>
>>46949739
Seriously, who do I talk to to get in on all this shilling? I could use a side job.
>>
>>46949989
So what the fuck would you have done?

You were happy with the lazy Tolkien-esque ripoff that WFB Old World was?

You had practically an entire setting that was one giant ripoff of Tolkien but you lose your shit over one new faction that has SOME similarities to Space Marines?

the new lore of AoS is much more original than all of the old world
>>
>>46949888
>they genuinely want to make us happy
...a few moments after having destroyed a loved setting with a miserable pile of asspulls and axing part of the factions' models lines?
>>
>>46949888
Unfortunately it came at the worst time.

They really burned bridges with lots of Fantasy players in End Times as well as scaring away a faur number of 40k players who didn't like the steps the company was willing to take, the ludicrous pricing on the Hobbit stuff really drove away large chunks of that crowd, and the fact it is only happening after a very bad few years for them financially makes it ring really hollow.

They're only approaching the same level of community outreach the entire rest of the gaming industry has been at all along because they absolutely have to in order to survive.

Shit, I actually play and enjoy AoS but I'd be lying if I had anything good to say about the end of Fantasy and launch of it.
>>
>>46949963
There's a difference between puns and someone just using every word in the Thesaurus for thunder and lightning.
>>
>>46950127
Pretty much this. As someone who grew up on a small bit of fantasy but a lot of 40k, one thing I've noticed as I've branched out to other games is the level of community outreach. Other companies, mostly BECAUSE they don't have as much of a market share as GW have to. It's funny, if all these rumours are true having to see GW do the same thing now. We can hope it makes things better but, honestly I'm holding back on getting into AoS for the moment and not going to be holding my breath for the company to do any big improvements on how they interact/treat their playerbase.
>>
File: Mysides.png (20 KB, 166x200) Image search: [Google]
Mysides.png
20 KB, 166x200
>Release a series of book literally called THE END TIMES

>players go fucking ballistic when things end

mysides.jpeg
>>
>>46950078
No shit, because it was one of the original Fantasy games!

The fact it inspired EVERYONE ELSE should mean something, make it worth preserving!

Age is just another knockoff. That's where it falls flat, it isn't a different continuation of the thing that started it all but instead is just another inspired IP in the sea of others.

Like if DC canceled Superman for being a "generic strongman superhero" and replaced him with Kal-el, lightning master because its different. Look up Superman Red and Blue, you'll see what I mean.
>>
I'm actually curious as someone not currently playing AoS or any iteration of WHFB. To those of you who dislike AoS, short of backpedaling and reinstating fantasy, what could be done(if anything) to make the game appealing?
>>
>>46950259
Nothing lasts forever idiot.

Even Rome fell.

I loved playing Star Wars Galaxies and invested years into that game but Sony killed it.
Guess what? I'm okay with that because I had fun while I could and I met friends I never would have met otherwise. Did you really expect WFB to last forever?
>>
>>46950078
Followed Blanche's design with more attention if the stormcast were an inevitablity for one, concentrated on bretonnian and empire chivalry otherwise.

>SOME similarities
>Space marines: the elite force of genetically augmented supersoldiers clad in the best armours, given the best equipments and put in a solid army organization by the god emperor to fight the horrors of the galaxy
>Stormcast: the elite force of magically augmented heroes clad in the best armours, given the best equipments and put in a solid army organization by the god king to fight the horrors of the mortal realms

I'll not even try to argue about why it is stupid to think "different"=better or to consider the old world just a rip off of tolkien or to consider the new setting even good by itself.
>>
>>46950345

Not that guy but Chess is over 1000 years old, nigga. I would not have minded if WHFB lasted that long.
>>
File: Workshop reps they never learn.png (199 KB, 680x499) Image search: [Google]
Workshop reps they never learn.png
199 KB, 680x499
>>46949739
>>46950078
This is embarrassing.
>>
>>46950641

This needs to be updated with some Stormcast Eternal paraphernalia
>>
>>46950641
How'd you know I love Diet Coke?!
>>
>>46950368

>shoulderpads on top of shoulderpads

Has science gone too far?
>>
>>46950852
If that's a space marine, not far enough.
>>
>>46948406
Whelp back to painting my skeletons.
>>
>>46950228
Its not that they weren't expecting it, its that they never wanted it in the first place.
>>
>>46951597
Yeah I know...wonder what the conditions are?
Like do the games have to be played at a GW store, on a specific night, or just a specific battle plan reported by an organizer at any store or club?
>>
>>46950345
>Did you really expect WFB to last forever

Shits older than me.

It'd be shocking as fuck if 5e was the last D&D edition.
>>
>>46950368
Wow, it's really cool Blood Angel terminator.
>>
>>46951816
It also be nice to know which of the three game modes they will be.
>>
>>46951935
Yeah but my ability to participate is dependent on those details. But I so want to.
>>
Let's all just be really honest right now.

If WFB was selling like crazy, like they couldn't keep the stock on the shelves - we wouldn't have AoS.
AoS is an attempt to forge new ground based partially in the intellectual property of WFB.
Of course WFB players who loved the old system won't like the new system; it incorporates none of the things that WFB players loved about WFB, no rank and file, no movement shenanigans, no textbook level complexity.

AoS is in many ways trying to take the best aspects of 40k and make them work in fantasy but with a focus on smaller games, skirmish tactics, and being able to get a game going with fewer models.

Space Marines sell. Period.
It's not surprising that GW thought they might be able to infuse fantasy with some sort of equivalent. They are trying to appeal to a broader audience. That's not going to sit well with the old guard who liked things as they were, and that's perfectly understandable.

At the end of the day, this is about a company trying to increase its profits and market share. What it was doing wasn't working so it's trying something else. Many people who liked the old thing won't like the new thing but GW is trying to bring them in with a points system now. It may be too little too late but it may also work if they get some momentum behind them.

Personally, I like the Stormcasts and the new lore but I accept that many people don't like it. I'm not sure what to say to those people other than maybe give it another try.

I'm sorry that AoS is basically raping WFB's corpse but GW thinks that they needed a new direction.

Hopefully, you guys can come around in time.

Maybe when the match system comes out.
>>
>>46952396
Good goy.
>>
Have they fixed the issue where 10 clanrats are the same value as 10 Chaos Warriors?
>>
>>46952636
I would assume the points will fix this for pick up games, or anything where you aren't counting wounds, or talking things over beforehand. Because 10 clan rats is 10 wounds, and 10 warriors are 20.
>>
>>46950368
Sigmarine look pretty good with faces
>>
>>46952396
Doesn't explain why GE had to say "old setting gone forever".

Logic is they would say "Here's another universe". No buttmad fans, means more models sold.
>>
I've never really done banners before and I question my free handing experience. Anyone have any ideas on a good way to do banners?
What should go on them?
What would make a good banner for my slaanesh chaos warriors?
>>
>>46954857
Check all the old army books. Most have example banners, especially older ones.

Check youtube vids for tips, they can show you better than I can explain.
>>
>>46954829
Because stories have an end.
>>
So here is my army rundown.
Kroak
! unit of Chameleon skinks
skinks x24
1 unit of warriors
1 unit of knights
Old blood on a Carny
Sunblood.
Ive found that the knights arent that great. maybe ive just had bad rolls but they have consistently been below expectations. Anyway to give them a bit of a boost? If there isnt a reliable way then I'd rather just get more infantry or finally get a Bastiladon.
>>
>>46955050
No, they really don't.
In fact the greatest stories of all time usually don't.

Especially the epics. None of them actually end with an ending, they lead off into another story.
>>
>>46955872
>they lead off into another story.

Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>46955955
No, Age is a totally different story.
It borrows some of the same characters, but entirely changes them.

Age is like the Roman fanfiction. Fantasy is like the original Greek myth.
>>
>>46956045
>It borrows some of the same characters, but entirely changes them.

Like myths.
>>
>>46955955
But it's not another story it's just "ultramarines in fantasy".
>>
>>46956112
>Like myths.
Only when the Romans jack off all over them.
>>
>>46956138
Archaon is the Ultramarines.

So what are the Stormcast?
>>
>>46956233
Nah Archaon is Failbadon now.
>>
>>46956327
Failbadon never does anything though, Archaon does all the things and only gets stronger for it.

Shit, he's Slaanesh now.
>>
>>46956401

But Slaanesh is a prisoner now, which makes it... Isha? I don't know, I'm losing track of this analogy.
>>
>>46956401
>Failbadon never does anything though
Except all Black Crusades.
>>
>>46954935
I don't have the old army books, and can't find a banner painting video. Could be my search-future is about where I think my freehand skills are.
>>
>>46950368
Maybe im thinking full metal alchemist, but i pictured sigmarines to be armor and spirit and no fleshy bits.
>>
File: 1458288095467.png (920 KB, 707x745) Image search: [Google]
1458288095467.png
920 KB, 707x745
>>46950078
>You were happy with the lazy Tolkien-esque ripoff that WFB Old World was?
>You had practically an entire setting that was one giant ripoff of Tolkien

The old WFB world was never even remotely ''Tolkienish''. It was more Lovecraftian if anything for fucks sake.
>>
>>46957431
How was it lovecraftian?
Not that guy, but i never saw anything to make me think lovecraft.
>>
>>46957507
Chaos Gods (including minot gods).
>>
>>46957533
Tolkien had evil gods also though.
>>
>>46957550
So, every setting with elves and evil gods is Tolkien rip off?
>>
>>46957550
He's an idiot that thinks "Lovecraftian" means "Tentacles and going insane" and not "Having to grapple with the idea of your own infinite insignificance."
Which is admittedly fair since "People are shit and don't matter" seems to be the dominant line of thought for the last few decades
>>
File: mountains_of_madness.jpg (148 KB, 1243x643) Image search: [Google]
mountains_of_madness.jpg
148 KB, 1243x643
>>46957507

Ancient God-like aliens (Old Ones) coming to Earth, manipulating the entire planet to their design and creating intelligent races and lifeforms, like lizardmen or even human ancestors...

Hmm where have have I read about something similar before...
>>
File: the real age of sigmar.png (527 KB, 640x461) Image search: [Google]
the real age of sigmar.png
527 KB, 640x461
>>46957613
>He's an idiot that thinks "Lovecraftian" means "Tentacles and going insane"

What makes you think that's what he meant by ''Lovecraftian''?

>Which is admittedly fair since "People are shit and don't matter" seems to be the dominant line of thought for the last few decades

Go project your feelings somewhere else GW-employee, your starting to embarrass yourself
>>
>>46957601
No, you basis is that since Fantasy had chaos gods, its lovecraft. I mention a possible equivalent for Tolkien works, and all the sudden I am generalizing everything concerning elves(dont know how they factor in this) and evil gods.
>>46957613
You saying I am an idiot? or this guy>>46957601 ?
Either way, Lovecraft always struck me as a "fear of the mysterious unknown that may be more real than you think" and then Fantasy to me was more "we gonna either butcher you, infect you, rape you, or trick you. Either way you die and we eat your soul, and you know we exist cause we swing by every saturday"
>>46957676
Fair enough, though with that comparison alone I still think Fantasy has its own unique flavor apart from Tolkien AND Lovecraft.
>>
>>46957676
The book of genesis?
Greek myth?
It's not like the idea of "Ancient beings came to where we are and made life" is a new concept. It's just that it used to be deities and spirits instead of ayys
>>46957766
>What makes you think that's what he meant by ''Lovecraftian''?
The knowledge that a lot of people only know the bare surface themes about lovecraft's works due to only having a pop culture education on him and reading at most ONE of his stories.
>Go project your feelings somewhere else GW-employee, your starting to embarrass yourself
I grew up knowing that the universe was immesurably huge, our closest celestial neighbor was YEARS away in the fastest vehicle we had and, later on in my development, learned that humans are fucking up the environment pretty badly. While the aforementioned "People are shit and don't matter" statement may not be true as a whole, it's undeniable that if you separate it into two parts that both ideas are widely regarded as being true in modern society
Also, that's one of the largest leaps in logic I've seen in one of these threads just for the purpose of telling someone who disagrees with you that you think they're a shill
>>
>>46957773
>you basis is that since Fantasy had chaos gods, its lovecraft.
It wasn't my post, still Chaos gods is more close to Lovecraftian Ancients since both represents different sins/types of madness.
Also, there is no evil "gods" in Tolkien only one supreme god-creator.
>>
I want WHFBfags to leave, please.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.