[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Bloodbound vs Ironjawzzz.jpg (398 KB, 1624x1058) Image search: [Google]
Bloodbound vs Ironjawzzz.jpg
398 KB, 1624x1058
>resources
pastebin.com/najKHFda

WAAAGGHH!! edition

I need more greenskinz art.
>>
File: birdman-ft.jpg (224 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
birdman-ft.jpg
224 KB, 660x330
>>46878948

First for Birdmen of Tzeentch
>>
File: SkavenPlague censer.jpg (237 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
SkavenPlague censer.jpg
237 KB, 1000x665
Ironjawz a shit. Armor is for pussies

May a thousand poxes wither their ugly green hide
>>
How will President Kroak protect us from the orruks
>>
So how do you rate the Orc release? i give it a 7/10. I'm glad lots of stuff stayed, and the new models are decent.

Kind of want the Wyvern for a proxy though, trying to raise a beastmen monster heavy force
>>
>>46878948
Quick /tg/, you've got 30 seconds to explain why this game was worth killing WHFB for.
>hardmode: don't say poor Fantasy sales
>>
>>46879069
>WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL.
>When GorkaMorka sends his people, he's not sending his best. He's sending his rapists.
>Make Azyr great again!
>>
>>46879047
I just finished reading the novel.

The birdmen are deadly badasses. They are ninja-mages with wings!
>>
>>46879161
Rad, would you mind sharing it?
>>
>>46879146

It's mere existence triggers the shit out /tg/ autists such as yourself, murdering fantasy is just the icing on the cake.

I say that alone is worth it.
>>
>>46879146
Because WHFB was a trainwreck inside a trainwreck, you needed to buy six books and three billion core models just to get into it, find out it's boring af and give up the whole thing after sinking half a grand into it.

Not that you will actually be satisfied with any answer.
>>
>>46879146
WHFB was killing itself by being a mediocre game with a niche setting
>>
>>46879209
>>46879192
>>46879191
Ok none, got it.
>>
>>46879146
Psssst, WHFB was dead, they planted AoS on its grave.
>>
>>46879257
quick asshole, you've got 30 seconds to explain why fantasy was worth saving! go!
>>
>>46879285
Because it was a game I could go into my local game store and find an opponent for, right up until end times. I have heard rumours of AoS players, but only spied them in the wild once or twice.
>>
>>46879257
I actually wanted tot ask this in the WHFB thread, but there hasnt been one in a while.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 640x1054) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 640x1054
Any predictions? Is it the board game? A points system? Something else?
>>
>>46879308
So no reason then. What you have was a reason specifically for your own little meta, which has no impact on the rest of the world. We're still waiting for a good reason why whfb was worth saving
>>
>>46879257
Quick /autist/, you've got 30 seconds to explain why you waste your life shitposting about a game you don't like instead of meeting girls or getting a hobby
>>
>>46879352
Probably that campaign system they were talking about months ago, unlikely to be a points system. Might even be a PtG for all races.
>>
>>46879352
BIG NEWS

Ogres are now on last chance to buy! :DDDDD
>>
>>46879352
Point system is not impossible but they also just released all 4 GA books so it would kinda invalidate those

I want to say that it's probably the board game, but they just announced Orruks and it hasn't even been a week and we still have at least 5 weeks until then

Could be anything, really
>>
>>46879391
>Point system is not impossible but they also just released all 4 GA books so it would kinda invalidate those
I don't see how those things are even related. If they released a points system it would be considered 'optional rules', and not core. They would only need to release a list with points, not rerelease all the battletomes and warscrolls
>>
File: 1457661829896.jpg (317 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
1457661829896.jpg
317 KB, 873x627
>>46879321
rekt.
>>
>>46879308
that's not a sound reason to save a game that was failing. that's personal, not practical
>>
>>46879438
Imagine youre a casual and you just bought the 4 pack of books from GW because you were under the impression that it contained all the rules that you need

THE VERY NEXT DAY

GW announces a point system. Optional or not, everyone is going to use this system at your local store because that's just how this hobby works.

Wouldn't you feel ripped off?
>>
>>46879473
depends if its' free or not. if anything, that's just a different format like magic or any other tcg out there. just different options to play.
>>
File: 09.jpg (391 KB, 633x1000) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
391 KB, 633x1000
>>46879352
new Slaaneesh chicks with dicks I hope
>>
>>46879473
Depends how the points system is implimented. If its all new book editions suddenly get points appended to them then Id be freaked.
If it was a spreadsheet Id be less pissed.
if it was all via the app then it depends why I bought the GA books, in case I bought them because I didnt/couldnt use the app.
>>
>>46879473
Okay, you don't really get what he's trying to say.

1) You buy a GA book. This would have all the rules to use the models

2) GW releases a free document that has "OPTIONAL" plastered all over it. This document would have no rules, just point costs for the stuff in the GA books

That would not invalidate the books, it would add onto them. Add onto them in a way I think would suck if true, but that's another topic.
>>
>>46878948
Do we have scans for the grand alliance books? i cant seem to find them in the ressources
>>
>>46879523
I mean, from the sneak pic in GA:Destruction we can already tell that this book does not yet have point costs in it. This is either indicative of the point system not being plastered into the book or of the points rumor (again) being proven false.

I think boxed set or campaign system still seem like the most logical choices. Or, as FB currently theorizes some sort of AoS: Apocalypse with Godbeast miniatures and shit.
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101 KB, 289x214) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101 KB, 289x214
>>46879528
Run, run as fast as you can!

You can't catch me. I'm the Mannfred-man!

"Realm Gates Wars : Knights of Vengeance" aka "Mannfred's bizarre adventure 2 : The Orrukening"

http://www.mediafire.com/download/v2b9zu9gn5qiky1/Two_sides_of_the_same_fist.mp3
>>
>>46879352
>announcing the most exciting news for AoS
So it won't be new models, especially since they prereleased the Ooruk stuff two days ago.

>gaming in the mortal realms will never be the same again
Sounds like something rule wise. Maybe something to focus more on terrain, but that would go along with new kits. Maybe a new type of balancing, points or not. Would make sense since the books are out, so if they get some optional listbuilding rules out they don't have to bother with the old warscrolls and squatted factions anymore and can just use those released in the books.

But it'll be something stupid like "We now have an official facebook league! Play in our store and our redshirts will record your results and upload them to our homepage!".
>>
>>46879547
I think this marks the fifth time I've said that, another one and I'll make a much less nicely worded copypasta.

GA books contain the following:
1) The very same warscrolls you can already get as free pdfs from the GW homepage by clicking "Download your free rules pdf" under any AoS unit.
2) A page of flavor text per faction. If you just read the webstore descriptions of each unit you get more fluff than that.
3) Battalions, of which all the good ones are constantly posted in these threads anyway.

And with the new Warscrolls being full color, I think buying a GA book is literally cheaper than printing out the individual warscrolls.
>>
>>46879580
Mannfred Starscream did nothing wrong.

Thx, bro.
>>
>>46879601
This. The GA books are worth getting merely because I want to reward gw's pricing on them. They're just so good
>>
File: crystal-maiden.jpg (626 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
crystal-maiden.jpg
626 KB, 1920x1080
Prepare to meet your new waifu!

"Fury of Gork"

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bzth9w7xg50xpx2/The_Waifu_and_the_Beast.mobi

Side note : Pretty sure Josh Reynolds wrote almost 70% of all AoS's BL material. They are overworking the guy.
>>
File: 1417261083615.jpg (59 KB, 552x374) Image search: [Google]
1417261083615.jpg
59 KB, 552x374
>>46879146
Because it only culled the worthless factions (with the exception of the lizardmen although they have a possibility to be great again) and gave us a chance to play as post-HRE Germans who are setting out to conquer the mortal realms and create a new Empire of Man, our Second Reich
>inb4 Games Worshop releases their own Bismarck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZujhoHZBsg

>>46879352
While I don't know what the big thing it could be, I think they might expand on the lore of the minor factions such as Former Empire. I could use some new backstory to give a bit more meaning to my conquests other than "for [current leader] and our new fatherland!"
>>
>>46879192
exactly why I had no motivation to start collecting until AoS.
>>
File: AH7oZiM.jpg (106 KB, 640x570) Image search: [Google]
AH7oZiM.jpg
106 KB, 640x570
>>46879769
>lizardmen
>worthless
>>
>>46879850
They're currently like America pre-Trump.
>>
File: zseer.jpg (36 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
zseer.jpg
36 KB, 600x620
LISTEN UNDERLINGS

WE'RE GONNA BUILD-CRAFT BIG-HUGE TOWER

BIGGER THAN SKAVENBLIGHT

AND WE MAKE MAN-THINGS PAY FOR IT
>>
>>46879741
>>46879580

HUGE THANK YOU, anon (or anons)!!!
>>
>>46879817
>about 7th edition
>start collecting dwarfs
>buy a box of Thunderers and warriors and an organ gun
>spend so much of my precious free time building and painting them
>a long time later am able to show my stuff at the lgs trying to find an opponent
>find out I'm about 1500pts short of the level everyone is playing
>someone agreed to drop to my level and play small game
>it was terrible
>player base locally wasn't that attractive for a community of players
>shelve my dwarfs and move onto other games
>years later aos drops
>most of the whfb players get mad, obviously
>find one player willing to give it a go
>have a rip roaring good time
>get together to game about twice a month
>once in a while get another player interested and play demos with us
>player base continues to slowly grow
>some leave, some join, some new armies start appearing in the mix (the start collecting boxes helped)
>same old whfb players are still grumbling playing 8th edition
>>
>>46879352
AoS End Times.

>New composition rules
>Existing characters get updates
>Big fluff books
>Entire setting gets canned and an unsatisfactory 9th ed springs from its ashes
>>
>>46879352
>40K Warscrolls

Or

A new edition. 1 page of rules and no need for Warscrolls. Now you just push models.around and forge the narrative and agree with your opponent to decide outcomes. No winners or losers just amazing narrative forging.

>AoS fans go wild and applaud GW for giving them freedom from rules or balance.
> Now we can play with toys like we always secretly wanted.
>>
>>46880117
Here's your (You)
>>
>>46880152
Dank meme my friend.
>>
File: thac0.jpg (42 KB, 697x330) Image search: [Google]
thac0.jpg
42 KB, 697x330
>>46879146
>>
>>46879817
Yeah, I had to paint 100 fucking marauders of chaos to be able to field my favourite models.

Now I just use a gorebeast chariot, chariot of tzeentch and a lord
>>
>>46879438
Because campaign points were said to be for participation not for game balance
>>
>>46880248
I only started playing DnD in 3.5E and that shit was hard enough to keep track of as is. My entire gaming group have Master's degrees in Maths, Physics or Computer Science and we still fucked up adding every now and again. Can't even imagine dealing with that shit.
>>
Has anyone reup the anime manual i mean godbeasts
>>
>>46880351
That's probably because Penny keeps distracting you or Sheldon constantly interrupting.
>>
>>46879146
The setting was stagnant and there was no way of dealing with that without breaking the premise of the setting.
>>
>>46879352
Already confirmed to be a new board and updated Bretonia (all Knights, no peasants and is a full airborne force on pegasus, not a single unit is on foot)
>>
>>46879564
If it were a boxed set then they'd fit it into the current release schedule. I don't remember them announcing a product going up for sale on a Monday before.

Also, it says 'Gaming in the Mortal Realms will never be the same again', which implies something is coming that will affect how everyone plays. I don't see a board game doing that.

I don't think it's a points system though - then again, GW did send reps to observe a recent tournament, so who knows? Maybe they've seen how well balancing mechanics can work if someone actually thinks about them.
>>
>>46880548
Saucy sauce? An army of ALL THE PEGASI* sounds neat.

*Pegasi? Pegassuses? Pegassode?
>>
>>46880548

Confirmed where?
>>
>>46880564
It will most likely just be an official tournament or event format with no points, things like the weird events they do at warhammer world. Pretty much an event packet game stores can pick up with prizes
>>
>>46880670
Pegasi
>>
>>46880670
The real question is what do you call a gathering of pegasi? Flock? Herd? Murder?
>>
>>46880711
For horses, in the military it's called a troop, in agriculture it's called a team, and in the wild it's called a herd
>>
>>46880758
Ooh! A Flight. A flight of pegasi sounds good
>>
>>46879352

They're cancelling Age of Sigmar for a simplified ruleset consisting of the words "Just do whatever, lol" and a picture of a shrugging Dwarf.
>>
>>46880814

A truly elegant system, all you need to do is have a conversation with your opponent before playing.
>>
Someone with some insider info suggested we could be getting new realm of battle boards that are godbeast themed. Guess that's a possibility, though I'd say it's definitely a longshot.
>>
>>46880814

Warscrolls will also be simplified, for example, Nagash's profile is now 3.

What does 3 mean? Talk to your opponent!
>>
>>46880117
(You)
>>
>>46880931

"There's no points, how do we balance?"

"Just add up all your warscrolls and try to get the same value. See, here my Nagash is 3 and my Pink Horror is 7, so my army is 10 total."

"Yeah, that seems fair."
>>
>>46880297
No more huge blocks of saurus warriors that dont move supported by FOUSANDS of skinks.

Now i just take whats cool and looks good.
>>
Shitpost start@10am?
>>
>>46880983
Might even sell my marauders, they're sitting at the bottom of my drawer.
>>
File: itsnothing.jpg (8 KB, 220x180) Image search: [Google]
itsnothing.jpg
8 KB, 220x180
I always fall for this surprise shit and get disappointed every time.
mfw tomorrow
>>
Hey /AoSG/, I'm leaving my rural area and moving to the big city in a few months, and I'll finally have the opportunity to play a game without a 4 hour round trip. While I really like the look of the new Ironjawz, I'm not so much a fan of the 'Ardboyz. Is an army composed largely of Brutes somewhat competitive, and still fun to play?
>>
>>46881726

There is about a 90% chance this city you're moving to won't have an AoS scene, better check that out before you commit.
>>
>>46881726
Haven't playtested them yet (my friend will get some soon), but I'm sure you'll be able to whack something synergystic and viable up.

If you find it imbalanced or too weak just speak with your opponent and add models/remove theirs. It's the advantage of AoS.
>>
>>46881726
It probably is. But nobodies played with them yet, as they havent been released.
>>
File: 10.png (613 KB, 890x1016) Image search: [Google]
10.png
613 KB, 890x1016
>>46881139
From what I observed until now, despite at times there being posts like this >>46879146
the shitposting gets specifically intense when one or more AoS fans express their disliking of old WHFB (be it fluff, rules, community or miniatures), having monitored the number and types of posters for a while too, I'm led to believe in fact that the thread very often contains also people preferring, or liking on top of AoS, warhammer fantasy that do not come actively to shitpost but end up falling to it on occasion of the slightest provocation.
>>
>>46879308
then you live in an area where fantasy fags still live in their basements and have yet to see the glory of the golden sun.

enjoy your dead game, grease waffle.
>>
>>46879769
I agree. I love that they kept Lizardmen, and I know they are loving their flaunting of stormcast and khorne/archaon. But when it the lizardmens turn, it better be good. I know in the last thread one anon mentioned how the lizardmen don't have a uber unit that the other factions have. Dread saurian and kroak are decent, but don't have that kick that most find with nagash or archaon or gordrakk or the celestant
>>
>>46881882
>Autists unable to work out how to get people to stop hating AoS
Be nice plz
>>
>>46881866

I'm here because I play GW games only - Too deep into the lore and sunk money to bother playing a different Sci-Fi or Fantasy, not really interested in historicals, plus no FLGS so it's mostly games in a GW- And I gotta keep up to some degree with what's going on.

When I shitpost it's because this whole deal makes itself a -really- easy target.
>>
File: 1425647026137.jpg (34 KB, 572x549) Image search: [Google]
1425647026137.jpg
34 KB, 572x549
>>46881866

Can you go into more detail of your findings? We could create a 'Posters of AoS general' with your data.
>>
>>46882026
Ditto except I rarely shitpost
>>
>>46881866
>I'm led to believe in fact that the thread very often contains also people preferring, or liking on top of AoS, warhammer fantasy
I come here just to post rumors and because of curiosity about fluff to potentially incorporate into my headcanon of the old world.
>>
>>46879473
It is unlikely it will be a new book or something, since they never reveal new products on a Monday. It will be a free download thing that will probably be in the back of all the new books from now on.
>>
>>46881726
Ardboys move faster and that's just about it. Get some Goregruntas to deal with the Brutes' awful speed and they'll do just fine.

The army's main shortcoming is the lack of range and Ardboys don't help with that anyway.
>>
File: Lord_Celestant_WiP.jpg (234 KB, 1050x806) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Celestant_WiP.jpg
234 KB, 1050x806
I've been working on a new Lord-Celestant today, just for the hell of it. No idea about the stats as of yet, but it should be easy enough to brew up some profile based on the regular Lord-Celestant, right?
>>
>>46882829
Just take the on-foot Celestant and give him either the axe of the Dracoth-Celestant or the axe of the Drakesworn Templar. Just don't give him the axe of a Decimator Prime because together with his Command that'd make the guy into the single best tarpit-cleaner in the game and homebrewing isn't for overpowering.
>>
>>46880548
>updated Bretonia (all Knights, no peasants and is a full airborne force on pegasus, not a single unit is on foot)

KNIGHT LORDS OF EQUESTRIA, ASSEMBLE
>>
>>46880977
THAT'S NUMBERWANG
>>
>>46882936
>FOR THE PONY!
>>
>>46881726
'ardboys are Liberators that trade rerolls for rend, while Brutes are Paladins without the cool special rules. Most sigmarine players aren't too crazy about Liberators in the first place, but at least stormcast possess the tools to pressure the enemy into engaging their Liberator brick. Ironjawz don't have the same bag of tricks to draw from, which poses a problem for both units, to be honest.
That said, 'ardboys are a bit faster than the sluggish Brutes, so there might be something to be gained there, but the new Gore-gruntas do that too, except better.
>>
>>46883135
That said, cost-wise you get 15 Ardboys for only slightly more than 5 Liberators and the Ironjaws Hero has a Command that turns them into rape trains so they have better buff opportunities than Liberators, never mind smaller base sizes so it's easier to pile them in.
>>
>>46880117
>40K Warscrolls

You joke, but that would be fun as fuck in small doses. Me and a friend of mine are planning to write up some scrolls for our Admech and Tau armies and put a couple into the battles.
>>
>>46884112
AoS is about bringing models you find cool, and consolidating the fanbase could be interesting... Warmachine and Hordes are 100% compatible
>>
>>46880032
What happened to Skavenblight in the AoS lore?
>>
>>46884241

One of the few genuinely intact bits of reality left, rather than an attempt to rebuild.

Skaven actually have something to fight for, in other words.
>>
>>46884241
It (or at least "Blight City") is somewhere in the space between realms, if I remember correctly. The skaven gnaw tunnels from it to the mortal realms, because skaven give no fucks.
>>
>>46884200
I'll have to post the scrolls here when we get them done. Hopefully you guys could help with making them more interesting too.
>>
File: Tactical Marines.jpg (134 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Tactical Marines.jpg
134 KB, 960x720
>>46884112
Some people are already on it

http://hivefleetcharybdis.
blogspot.com/

The weapon ranges seem a bit long for Age of Sigmar imo, I think 18" for standard guns would be better (which is the common range for bows/crossbows/handguns in AoS).
>>
>>46884241
Skaven tried to teleport their city to the realm of Chaos proper. Their machines malfunctioned. Now the city is part in the Realm of Chaos and part in SPESS.

They use drill machine to tunnel through reality to invade the mortal realms and other realities.
>>
>>46883352
Good point on the price point. You can get a whole bunch of distinctly okay 'ardboys for comperatively little money. Two boxes will yield three units of ten, which is pretty much the perfect number for multiwound infantry with 1" weapons.
The smaller base size is also neat, yeah.
>>
>>46880080

If I had not tried AoS, I could even believe your story. C'mon, it's just a shit game, no need to defend it. Relent.
>>
File: image.png (5 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 1536x2048
So the way night gobbo bosses now work is that any of the models represent one, but the Skarsnik model is now a weapon option.

To be honest I quite like that idea, gives a bit of variety, considering I have a boss with nearly every weapon option, and Skarsnik on top of that.
>>
>>46880977
My shitty attempt at making a light balancing system. Putting units into tiers:
Tier 1 is the most basic type of unit
Tier 2 is elite infantry
Tier 3 are Heroes, monsters and warmachines
Tier 4 are Heroes on monsters or some variety/other suitably strong character or sorts
Tier 5 are the uber characters like Nagash etc.

Balance the game by restricting the amount of certain tiers (So, say for example, no models above Tier 3 for one game, then in another you can say must have at least 3 tier 1 units), then this is used in combination with whatever method of balancing you use already, be it wounds or one of the fan made point systems.
>>
>>46884411
If the rules were a little better and changed all the stupid shit like shooting out of combat and summoning, plus a decent balancing mechanism, I would totally play that as a 40k fan. I just detest vanilla AoS, and I think whilst it was understandable to can wfb the way they did,
It was badly handled and really upset a lot of potential customers needlessly. It's led to a lot of outright hostility that could have been avoided so easily and frankly damaged the sales.
>>
>>46880711
A gaggle
>>
File: aos-warscroll-ogor-butcher-en.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
aos-warscroll-ogor-butcher-en.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46884546
Interesting, I've noticed the same about Skrag, who's now a baseline butcher with additional gear.
>>
>>46884523
And people play and enjoy this game no matter how much in denial you are about it. Relent.
>>
File: 2009-10-30-566nouns.gif (256 KB, 720x679) Image search: [Google]
2009-10-30-566nouns.gif
256 KB, 720x679
>>46885066
>>46880711
>>46880758
Disappointingly, wondermark has failed us on this.

But a load of phoenixes are a "conservatory".
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>46884523
Get the fuck out
>>
>>46879352
Something disappointing probobly

Unless it's a video of them dismantling the sigmarine molds and making lore that isn't a joke I'll probably not be bothered
>>
>>46885202
I can't quite tell if this is comedy or serious.

>A lunacy of werewolves
>A lawn of gnomes
>A sleigh of Santas Claus
>>
>>46880248
thac0 was a tool to remove the normies from rpgs so us ASD people could play with our imaginary maidens in peace. and it worked great.
>>
>>46880080
>plays one game and quits

this is age of sigmars fan base
>>
>>46884829
>If the rules were a little better and changed all the stupid shit like shooting out of combat and summoning, plus a decent balancing mechanism, I would totally play that as a 40k fan. I just detest vanilla AoS, and I think whilst it was understandable to can wfb the way they did,
It was badly handled and really upset a lot of potential customers needlessly. It's led to a lot of outright hostility that could have been avoided so easily and frankly damaged the sales.

100% agree. WHFB needed to dramatically change, but not like this. The launch events were atrocious.

Summoning and points are the only sticking points for me. Shooting out of combat is an annoyance and unrealistic, but it's not grossly unbalanced in my experience.
>>
>>46886122
I still don't see any problem with summoning tbqh. I mean, I'm open to persuasion, but as far as I can tell...

1) it's hard-capped by the number of models you brought with you

2) it's hard-capped by the number of spells you can cast a turn

3) there's almost always something better to do with your casting attempts than summoning.

Example: My Chaos Sorcerer Lord can

a) cast Mystic Shield, keeping something important safe that much longer
b) cast Arcane Bolt and shoot something dead
c) summon something that already died
d) summon something entirely new. Both of these put the summoned unit 9,5" away from the enemy, requiring an unreasonably high charge roll for them to be useful this turn since, let's face it, most summonable units can't shoot for shit or
e) he can cast Demonic Power, imo THE best buff in the game, on my Blightkings.

The only useful-to-summon unit are Morghast Harbingers since they charge 3D6".
>>
>>46886410
Summons being able to cast summons is the issue. There's always someone who manages to break it.
>>
>>46886473
Yeah okay, but let's say you brought 10 Heralds of Tzeentch or 10 units of Horrors.
First, who does that, bringing 10 units and then not deploying them?
Second, in that turn, this doesn't actually increase your magic significantly. Wizard A uses his casting attempt to summon Wizard B, Great, so now Wizard B can either cast a useful spell or summon Wizard C. Et cetera ad nauseam. In the end, you get only one non-summoning spell that turn.
Sure next turn you have 10 Wizards in my face but you also risk me bringing out the jerk moves if you do and if one of those casting attempts fails, the chain ends right there.

I mean yeah it can be abused but it takes only one look at an opponent's case to find out. If he fields several Wizards and has 100 Daemons he doesn't deploy you already know full well what he's planning.

If you actually ban or severely restrict summoning spells you simply strengthen the armies that can't use it anyway. Sure Nagash should just be fucking banned on principle, but without him, summoning isn't too dangerous but taking that option away from Chaos and Death Wizards simply empowers Stormcasts, Fyreslayers, Ogres and Khorne.
>>
>>46886655
Fair enough, I'm convinced. I play with the SCGT houserule but I might give RAW summoning a go and see how it goes.
>>
>>46886751
Fair enough. If you find out your opponents are all dicks about it you can still house-rule it.
>>
>>46886655
This. Also, summoning is "easy"(aka 50% chance of success)only on death units(wich are rubbish unless in HUGE numbers)and regular demon infantry. all decent summonable units require dice throws too high to even be taken into consideration. Most of the time mystic shield or the wizards spell will be a better option. i play nurgle and i use the summoning only to field more plagueberares when my opponents fields big kits(wich i lack)in order to tarpit them, but other than that only death armies will heavily depend on summoning(duh, thats yheir whole point). You are still afraid? most wizards are squishy units with shitty saves and 6 wounds max. A single turn of concentrated fire or a single charge are enough to blast them into oblivion, shitting onto an enemy who is relying on them too much.
only nagash so far(and maybe fateweaver)can make this an issue, but nagash is a fucking God of death and shouldn't be played in every game(and if your opponent still does he should allow you a significant advantage, like a better victoryu condition or a lot bigger starting army).
>>46886751
Imho RAW is better. Other than one single guy who fields nagash(but he's a bro and he does because he loves the model)all games I played raw i never saw someone trying to break the game or bringing broken or waac lists. When you put points into the equation people gets triggered into doing the most insane netlisting. just look at what happened at SCT. that was just so awful.
>>
>>46886655
I think that some armies pretty much rely on summoning because their models are otherwise substandard. Death is one example (especially if you want to use mostly skeletons), and Sylvaneth are another (you either summon, or you spam Treelords until they can't see the forest for the trees).

Then there are the ones which start to look more bullshit, like Seraphon being able to summon literally anything from their list, but even in moderation that probably isn't all that bad.
>>
File: swiggy.jpg (365 KB, 1000x688) Image search: [Google]
swiggy.jpg
365 KB, 1000x688
During the capture of Slaanesh, exhausted, it made one final attempt to secure it's future by reincarnating it's greatest champion...

Sigvald The Magnificent is reborn in the Mortal Realms, several years aged, and bearing the scars from the time of his death. He quickly recruits followers, raises an army, and begins his search for Slaanesh so that the god may restore his former beauty and power.
Sigvald vows to destroy the pretenders who are attempting to replace the god of excess as one of the great 4 chaos gods (Luxscious/Ur-Slaanesh, we commin for you).
>>
>>46888171
>so that the god may restore his former beauty and power.
But Anon, that is impossible. He is more beautiful that he has ever been before.
>>
File: swig2.jpg (514 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
swig2.jpg
514 KB, 1200x675
>>46888220
He's definitely more jacked. This model is much bulkier which fits AoS better in my opinion.
I run the Slaughterpreist version as Sigvald and the WHFB version as a regular "Chaos Lord of Slaanesh"
>>
>>46888171
thats a fucking simple but amazing conversion. 10/10 anons, may the chaos gods reward you.
>>
>>46888171
I Nice damn job. You're better at character progression than Games Workshop
>>
File: 300px-Sigvald.png (120 KB, 300x448) Image search: [Google]
300px-Sigvald.png
120 KB, 300x448
>>46888309
Thanks

>>46889305
Well im kinda glad they killed him off. Now I can use the character as i see fit and give him the glory he deserves
>>
>>46889339
I meant more about every other character. Killing off characters is fine. They just don't make them very interesting imo
>>
>>46889787
AoS is starting to have interesting characters. I'm interested in Khorgos Khul and his quest for daemonhood. I'm also excited to see what happens to Vandus, what the effect of being blown the fuck up has on him.
>>
>>46888171
>Came here to troll.
>See this.
I'm amazed. I withdraw back under the bridge.
>>
>>46890737
I respek your opinion. However, fuck stormcast.
>>
>>46890838
Yeah, most of them aren't the most insteresting. I hope that we start getting characters from other races. I liked the Lady of the Vines, she was cool.
>>
>>46879352
A better game?
>>
>>46890838
>>46890867
i just hope GW stops sucking stormcast cock so hard. you want them to be centerpiece of the campaign book? im okay witb that. but also every BL book? hell no, thats just plain retarded. i liked the "write whatever you want " attitude of a lot of Whfb book before end times. Most were shit but a lot were unexpected gems. i remember one book where there were 2 childood friend, one noble arrogant asshole and one poor but intelligent, and they ended up taking completely different roads. it was GREAT. anyone remembers the title by any chance?
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 600x300
>>46879308
30k and 40k only at my store and some 8th edition played twice a week. The other 3 stores I've been to had only three aos guys so is this just a U.S. Thing or a gw cover up?
>>
>>46891045
We'll find out at the investors meeting how well AoS is actually doing.
>>
>>46890928

It's not a game! It's a narrative experience! Goddd so many people get it wrong.

Just quick making fun of it. :(
>>
>>46891151
Gw admit calth did better than aos already so 30k might get a statue out front
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>46891045
Aos population really varies from store to store. In my area some stores have 0 players while others have a good community with extra rare cases where its really popular, like one lgs store i go sometimes has like 25 dedicated players and has surpassed even 40k.
in most cases anyway tends not to be popular, butthurted fantasy players literally ruined it even irl(no idea if its a common case, just sharing my experiences), in one case the fanboy was the store manager and even if he kept selling the game he kept yelling about how the game sucked, about how everyone who played sucks and then complained when people left (for another lgs); he kept ranting about how the game stopped selling(guess whos fault that was) after the launch(wich, in his words, has been pretty great).
Imho the game has great selling potential, but the marketing on GW s side has been awful. Too much focus on stormcasts and no guidelines on how to play-also the AWFUL battle scenario on the 4 pages of rules is fucking unplayable(aka they just needed to say: USE BATTLEPLANS)
>>46891187
this pasta is just irritating, do yourself a favour and stop it.
>>
>>46891279
>like one lgs store i go sometimes has like 25 dedicated players and has surpassed even 40k.

I think is pretty clear that AoS has surpassed 40k long ago, all evidence points to it, like them being second place on the ICV list while 40k is nowhere to be seen and destroying the end-of-year GW top sellers countdown.

The ratio must be somewhere around 80-20 in favor to Sigmar.
>>
>>46891321
this is just bait m8.
its not, enter in most lgs store or ask around and you'll see how 40k is still the most played game.
Aos is more a niche game with a small yet growing community, wich is tailored and appeals who is annoyed by ultra-competitive play and is looking for a system wich enphatizes casual games and fluffy armies.
>>
>>46884523
Nobody cares. Go play 8th for god's sake and stop whining
>>
>>46886473
Oh man, whenever somebody abuses that stuff, there's this really easy way I win. I pack up and ask if anybody else wants to play a game.
>>
>>46885202
> A yard-sale of Androids
> An itself of Yahwehs
> A Jake of Jedi
Who the fuck wrote this and why did they make it up as they went along?
>>
Choosing a Lord-Celestant, is the on foot version worth taking compared to the Stardrake or Dracoth versions?

His command ability is pretty great but I wonder about the likelihood of getting into melee compared to the faster moving versions.

Opinions?
>>
>>46890949
Riders of the Dead, the Kislev book by Dan Abnett??
>>
>>46878948
What are the general rules for multiple race armies in Age of Sigmar? I want to combine my Seraphon and Highborn armies supported by Dwarven allies and commanded by my Dark Elf Sorceress and her special snowflake vampire and wood elf lieutenants.
>>
>>46893763
>Dracoth versions
Always dracoth version(not Vandus plz), his command skill just too good, the bravery of stormcast ain't that good, battleshock is something to deal with.

Pic related, a tournament ranking system for AoS, no unit point cost, afaik.
>>
>>46894959
Free to mix, but check what buffs what and figure out if you need to segregate and support certain unit groups.
>>
>>46895155
Wow, even for the amount of HQs and troop types? I'll get down to brewing an army.
>>
>>46895155
Also can I mix order and chaos armies? Thanks for the response by the way.
>>
>>46895217

None of the Tournaments want you mixing grand alliances; none I've seen.

If your opponent doesn't mind I don't see why not though.
>>
>>46895217
You mix whatever. Most players come up with some fluff for it and conversions/paint schemes to make it work.

I have a dwarf army I sometimes use with death or chaos, they're all masked and there's a few chaos dwarfs in there too. I see them as mercenaries.
>>
>>46893763
The one on Drakoth has one of best command abilities for stormcast, where each fleeing model is painful, what with your generally small armies and units. That zone of battleshock immunity is enormous. It helps that he is fast, durable and has decent punch.
The footslogger has fairly shitty melee, but his cloak is pretty decent and his command ability is very powerful if used right. If you have other ways to take care of the Bravery issue (i.e. battalions like the Skyborne Slayers or buffs like from the Drakesworn Templar) he'll perform very solidly.
Haven't used the one on Stardrake yet, but his command anility is basically custom-made to be used with the Extremis Chamber battalion, and even there isn't exactly amazing. If you bring him, bring him for personal punch, not as a general. The Drakesworn Templar is probably the better way to assemble that kit, unless you're going for that battalion.
>>
>>46895217
Just mixing grand alliances for the sake of power is generally frowned upon, but if the models are converted to have a common theme I've not seen anyone complain yet.
I've some ogre auxilia for my sigmarines, each converted with leftover weapons and armor, and people have always been okay with this so far, despite mixing Destruction and Order.
>>
>>46878948
Been a while since I played with WHFB, and I come back to find that AOS has taken its place. The new models look awesome a.f but the system is confusing.

Can someone explain how the army building works? Before it used to be Dark Elves and Elves, Chaos, Brettonia, Orks & Gobs etc.. now it's Order, Chaos, Death and Destruction, and a whole clusterfuck of armies jammed into each. THEN there are some armies that comprise of only 2 fucking units. Does the army even matter or can I actually field Dark Elves with High and Wood Elves? I'm fucking confused here...

Also since when did GW just scale up their models? They have a shit ton of giant units now
>>
>>46896252
Army composition is not regulated
It's common to consider each alliance an army on its own with each faction inside supposed to form thematic branches, not all of them are supposed to play independently

Yes you can field a mix of high, dark and wood elves (the fluff also changed so such an alliance will not be seen as unreasonable as before), but usually each thematic branch has rules that empower the models of said faction, meaning people are led to concentrate on specific themes with few exceptions rather than a big confusing mix

AoS is basically GW saying "do whatever the fuck you want"

Big models sell and GW has the technology to make sure them
>>
>>46896252
As far as gaming is concerned you will want a hero for general with a good command ability, at least two ways to unbind even if you only deploy one, a unit of base troops 20+ large to tarpit, something to help kill heros or warmachines, something that hits hard (elite inf, shock cav, another hero etc), and 1 or two ranged units to give you some freedom of movement and cohesion. Probably want something fast too. This is all up to you, building around a theme like waywatchers is good too but know you are focusing on that high mobile inf role with great shooting. The above unit roles are about most of the options, monsters and combos and synergy are all up to you.
>>
>>46896252
Cotrolling movement and positioning is everything. Having something tarpit and preventing a stronger unit from being able to clear combat and retreat is game winning. Surrounding a hero with basic troops so the hero can macimise attacks but troops protect them from incoming attacks with positioning is huge. Knowing when to break from combat is easy to learn but has no ceiling. Using fast units to constantly harrass hit and run, charge and break and recharge can tie up key units your enemy relies on and they will be distracted or made useless entirely if they can't deal with it. They may even have to pull other units to protect them. Scenarios and objectives are kinda needed, just make up some random objectives and use that. Like capture a token or earn a point for controlling an objective each round. Or disrupt the ritual.
>>
>>46879352
One hours to go...

(Assuming they're being exact, which seems plausible given that that facebook post was made at exactly 11:00am.)
>>
>>46896681
I'm not sure whether to be excited or to brace for disappointment at this point. The fact that it's announced via fucking Facebook makes me think of the second option, but hope springs eternal, I guess.
>>
Crossing fingers for the extreme outlier of "Upon reviewing feedback, we're so sorry we pulled this shit and are going back on it. For the 0.3% of you who liked the past nine months, the free rules will still be burried on the site somewhere."
>>
>>46896795
At this point it can only really be

a) a Campaign system
b) points
c) an out-of-schedule book/box release

b) I find increasingly unlikely because when a few weeks ago BolS rumored about points being added, a GW official replied with basically: "No, silly, point costs are for jerks. The only points we'll be doing are for campaign success".
>>
>>46896906

Oh man, you should see the level of rolling smug one of the local GW employees gets when someone mentions balancing out a Sigmar game.

I mean, they're all paid to shill it and do so hard, but this guy just assumes an aura of supreme smugness and starts spewing every internet argument he can remember for points sucking and gentlemens agreements and how much of a failure of a human being you'd need to be to ever want something so plebeian as points.

Fascinating to watch in a way, he doesn't seem to realise he's loudly insulting half of the customers.
>>
>>46891277
remove spambot
>>
>>46896970
okay, that's a really dumb plan. Our Blackshirt is quite a bit more pleasant about it. He holds up Wound-counting, which I find okay and all so long as one player doesn't focus on overpowered bullshit. More importantly, he doesn't complain when people in the shop play WHFB, so the salty neckbeards keep quiet.

But insulting people who use points is just dumb. Far as I know, two of three (or three of four, technically) GW games use points, so he's actively maltreating the majority of his customers.
>>
>>46897009

>I want to discuss a thing that's far more widely hated than liked on an anonymous message board.

Okay, cool. You can.

>Without the thread getting spammed with hate

Yeah, no.
>>
>coming in june/july
>part1: unbound games
>part2: realmgate campaign games
>part3: tournaments rules
>>
>>46897034

>More importantly, he doesn't complain when people play WHFB

This is pretty critical.

They're salesmen, they're gonna shill.

But when I heard that there's no corporate demand to ban play of WHFB in stores and it's on a manager by manager basis, my estimation of the local GW manager who did ban it plummeted to almost zero.
>>
File: Untitled.png (516 KB, 486x875) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
516 KB, 486x875
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 1000x1000
ooohaha
>>
>>46897060
>matched play

Point by communities or GW? Communities plz.
>>
>>46897035
>far more widely hated than liked on an anonymous message board.

topkek.
Is there a school you go to to get that dumb? Don't equate the inside of your basement with the whole world m8. People like it but you'd have to leave the house to see that.
>>
>>46897094
>>46897096
TOO SLOW MOTHERFUCKERS.

AHAHAHAHAHA.
>>
File: image.jpg (397 KB, 871x1639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
397 KB, 871x1639
Game is actually playable in pickup games without a twenty minute argument first.

Okay, you addressed one of the seven billion criticisms of the system, I guess.
>>
fukn points

ahh fuck

ahahahhaha

fuck
>>
>>46897099

>He hasn't been playing attention to the wider community.

Living in one of the little bubble enclaves where AoS took off doesn't make you the majority dude, reports of failure have massively exceeded reports of success.
>>
inmediatley some sausage on fucbuck " perhaps i will start now"

the nerd hate has won

the narrative will remain unforged
>>
File: simpsons-thumb.jpg (187 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
simpsons-thumb.jpg
187 KB, 1754x1240
POINTS, Y'ALL.

PLUS CAMPAIGNS.

PLUS THE CLASSIC NARRATIVE FORGING.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 600x451
>>46897090
>>46897094
>>46897096
>>46897106

AHAHAHAHAHAHA ANTI-POINTS FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH.

AOS SHILLS BTFO.

>B-BUT MUH NARRATIVE GAMING EXPERIENCE!
>>
goddamn I bet tournaments will force round bases and shit now
>>
>>46897143
You can clearly still play it that way.
>>
I like AOS without points. I enjoy playing the game that way, I do think there are advantages to it.

But, this announcement does interest/excite me. It's more options, more ways to play. I'm well up for that.

>>46897143
I like how you completely ignore that options for narrative and open play are still there.
>>
>>46897143
You know this just puts the final nail in whfb coffin right?
>>
>>46897154
You could in 8th too
>>
>>46897137
>>46897106
>>46897094
>>46897090

>We've put these rules together in association with some of the world's biggest tournament organisers...

So, I do believe GW let the community takeover the balance?
>>
>>46897169
Yes but thats not what was being argued and you know it
>>
>>46897154
>>46897166
>>46897158

Not the point. The fact that you retards were screeching about 'forging the narrative' and how 'points systems of any kind are cancer and mu AoS will never ever have it because it is le best and most deepest game' are now objectively wrong is fucking perfect.
>>
>>46897175
This new, social-media GW probably took notes from SCGT (which they even live-blogged on their Facebook) and maybe also the SDK.

Community outreach and communication seems to be big on their priorities list lately. I love it.
>>
>>46897189
More ways to play is objectively for the better. I know however to assume we all had put forward the same argument than actually realize there are multiple people with differing opinions
>>
This came out a lot better than expected. Now if they don't manage to screw it up we might have a pretty good game on our hands.
>>
>>46897195
must be the new CEO

>boxed games
>start collecting
>community pages
>tournaments collaboration

I'm wondering if the end times would have happened had this CEO stepped in before
>>
>They buried "Fine you can have points I guess" under "Just do whatever, lol" and "Play scenarios where the armies are picked for you"

Kek.
>>
>>46897220
"Buried" in obvious plain site, in bold letters
>>
>>46897214

Assuming Matched Play doesn't still have that retarded system for a player randomly getting two turns in a row and stomping through enemy forces more on the whims of the dice than actual tactical compotence.
>>
>>46897235

>Listed last despite being the main system everyone will use

>Points are in a smaller font in brackets

>Not trying to downplay it to save face though, nope.
>>
>>46897189
>/tg/ is one person
"No". Some of us like playing without points but haven't spent the last year acting like screaming baboons whenever points are mentioned.
>>
WAAC fags killed AoS!
>>
>>46897242

Or that other thing where instead of initiative being a thing, you take turns picking a unit to get to attack.
>>
>>46897189
>you retards
>screaming

have you read your own posts?
>>
>>46897242
They already replied to one Facebook comment explaining that Matched Play includes more than just points. So probably different rules, objectives, and/or deployments.
>>
>>46897260
>AoS launched a rock in the air and blamed gravity for getting hurt
>>
>>46897265

Characters who can't join units and offer buff bubbles, so die first.

Every wizard knows the same two spells plus one unique one, except in summoning armies where you can just haul in anything you bought the models for.

Degrading monsters and warmachines as they take damage is pretty neat though.
>>
>>46897265
That's actually one of the things I like best - it really adds another dimension.
>>
confirmed point costs for the "squatted" factions too

"for everything that appeared in warscrolls compendia"
>>
Great now I need to paint 500 shitty tarpit infantry, thanks G Dubs....
>>
so, is it true that AoS was in development as early as 2012, what with blanches artwork for early stormcast, plus the fact that fantasy battle wasn't selling as much due to a stagnant game?
>>
>>46897358
No, now you actually need to have an army rather than 3-4 big things and a unit of the best troops you can get.
>>
>>46897358
Or just keep playing as you always have.
>>
File: 1371772626714.png (72 KB, 224x221) Image search: [Google]
1371772626714.png
72 KB, 224x221
>>46897358

>those guys who take 5 Nagashes are already complaining
>>
>>46897366

No, the idea of bringing Space Marines (Stormcast Eternals) was.
>>
>>46897336
anyone got a way to view only the gw comments?
>>
File: 2.png (21 KB, 465x307) Image search: [Google]
2.png
21 KB, 465x307
Other comments under the announcement say that there's stuff coming this summer for everyone that plays AOS, not just those who want points. So that's nice.
>>
>>46897414
I thought GW comments popped up by default without needing to see all replies to every comment
>>
>>46897372
>>46897390
>>46897394
I have Bloab Rotspawned, a Bloodstoker, a Lord on Daemonic Mount and 3 Gorebeast chariots, hardly a WAAC list.
>>
>>46897106
Awesome points!

I'm an Infinity player, but looking into starting AOS and the points crossed me into definitely getting it, heading to GW store on Wednesday, what should I pick up if I want to start a Bretonnian army?
>>
>>46897472
You guys are getting more pathetic by the day.
>>
>>46897424
Thanks.
>>
>>46897472
Sadly, brets have gone out of stock and probably aren't coming back*. So, if the store has one, the battleforce. If they don't, ask the manager about it, there may be one in another store that they can get sent to your local store.

*Although with this points thing GW have shown they're not above reversing unpopular decisions, I wouldn't want to get your hopes up, there's no rumours of a bret return atm.
>>
>>46897498
>Want to start a game
>Get called pathetic

Righto, is this a sample of AOS's player base?
>>
My main concern is what people have already pointed out - it changes the game from one where
I can take the units I want and create a cool army to taking the units that are most point efficient. There are good and bad sides of both these approaches I understand. Nobody likes facing 5 nagashes but stopping hobbyists working on the models they want to is never a good sign. I was planning a retro themed undead army with small units of everything using models from back in the day, but I feel like it will be just garbage with this pointed system. I know many will say that's what open play is for, but I think we can all see the pointed system becoming pretty much standard.

I hope the pointed rules are free and online. The virtues of this would be that the system could constantly be evolving and reevaluating as the meta changed and more stuff came out. This would make for the most balance in any GW game in a long time.

The only issue is whether you can even represent the worth of units in Age of Sigmar through a set value. The game works off synergy between units and warscroll batallions, and people are finding new ways to make certain things work in unique ways months after things come out. Whether you can assign points to reflect that will remain to be seen. But I do trust the SCGT guys to have done a good job.

It's also a good sign as GW is becoming hugely involved with the community, and are listening to positive and negative feedback.

I'm just waxing lyrical at this point but hopefully it will stop the shitposting in these threads somewhat.
>>
>>46897472
a time machine
>>
I'm hyped.
>>
>>46897472

Seriously though, even if they figured tossing a bloated ruleset for a lazy as fuck one instead of stripping it down was the way to go, why the fuck did this involve replacing the setting?

More so, why did replacing the setting require a lengthy storyline about the old setting blowing up, if not to insult people who liked the old setting?

Here, let me show you how to change settings without an apocalyptic event:

"These new stories take place in universe b."

Wow! So fucking hard!
>>
>>46897524
Oh, well that kind of sucks. Explains why I couldn't find them on the online store. I've liked them for ages... Thanks mate.

Maybe I'll get the starter set, although I'm not sure.
>>
>>46897529
>My main concern is what people have already pointed out - it changes the game from one where
I can take the units I want and create a cool army to taking the units that are most point efficient

Yes, because taking the units that were most wound efficient was so much less likely to encourage people to min-max or try to wheedle an advantage.
>>
>>46897472
Bret batallion is hard to find but a good buy. Check the pdf for brets on the gw site and see if you can find an old bretonnian army book online, most of the models will be hard to find but you might be able to pull a good force from two battalions. Some empire tropps might be good too.
>>
>>46897549
My pet peeve is how they still hold onto so much of the old stuff. Like how some characters™ survived apocalypse and then another, while some "new" characters and units just happen to look like the guys of the Old World. Could have gone all the way and started new setting from a scratch.
>>
>>46897579
check ebay for the bretonnian battalion
>>
>>46897582
wounds weren't counted by everyone
>>
>>46897597

Keeping the old setting with new rules, and starting an alternate universe with some commonality are both valid ways to handle it, but doing a comic book style apocalyptic semi-reboot with some shit carrying over and other things not is a fantastic way to make an ass of things.
>>
>>46897579
Since it seems you weren't actually baiting, yeah it does suck bretonnia got squatted. But they might bring back some Brettonian Knights at some stage - the good thing about having lots of small factions is they can have very well defined niches. Sure, Brettonian peasants and empire peasants are probably stepping on each other's toes, the Knights had a very clearly defined role and hopefully they will bring back some models for that when they do the Free People overhaul. You can always get some empire militia and fluff them as peasants.
>>
To be honest i didn't mind sigmar before this, i just used scroll builder to play mates and everything was fine. but this opens up many possibilities for an even better game. Im very exited for whats to come.
>>
Wooho, points. My biggest criticism is adressed, and narrative games are still a thing. For a quick pickup game I can use the point system, and for going against my friends I can bring what we agreed on. Cool.
>>
>>46897603
All from Europe :(.

>>46897593
>>46897524
Thanks guys I'll check if they have one. But hearing the other posters, I don't think it looks good.

>>46897628
I guess I should wait for the free people's overhaul to get that kind of army. I think I'll take a few days to think over which army I like the look of the most. Are any of the armies gunliney?
>>
>>46897687
A mix of ironweld arsenal/empire/dwarf handgunners are always gunliney. The empire general +3 units of 20 handguns annihilates stuff.
>>
>>46897593
I have two nib bret battalions if you are in GB?
>>
>>46897708
I was so glad the technology aspect of fantasy was linked with AoS, steam tanks, gyrobombers, cannons and helblaster/rockets!!!
>>
OK /tg/

GO NUTS!
>>
Tzeentch daemons are extremely gunliney, though my experience of running them was that they were extremely overpowered. Ranged superiority, some solid and fast Melee punch units, extreme resilience to battleshock, and most critically, being able to rather trivially recycle their dead pile and bring shit out of the figure case that wasn't on the table to begin with.

Having a lot of wizards and wizard buffs also made placing mortal wounds where they needed to go piss easy.
>>
>>46897687
one word: DWARFS
Go nuts with their thunderers and quarrelers (30 quarralers for bugmans rangers which lets you ambush and shoot twice is pretty sick) and chuck in some iron drakes for supreme destruction. Ironweld arsenal is a way to go too, I myself have a converted dwarf steam tank in my force and along with a decent artillery line its a heavy hitting force to say the least
>>
>>46897767
I use some on the side of my (tzeentch-painted) beastmen. Yeah, they can be pretty ridiculous, especially flamers whose manoeuvrability and damage output can make them difficult to deal with. Minotaurs running up the field definitely help though, they're quite the distraction for the enemy's ranged stuff.
>>
File: sly vixen smile.png (39 KB, 205x224) Image search: [Google]
sly vixen smile.png
39 KB, 205x224
>>46897472
>I'm an Infinity player, but looking into starting AOS
Said no one ever.
>>
>>46897687
Stormcast can be very gunline-y, as their bowmen have a very powerful and long-ranged bow, the shooty hero has frankly disgusting range and carries a warmachine into battle, and their melee troops are better on the defense than on the offense. With the Great Bolts battalion they also have the ability to vomit mortal wounds all over the table.
>>
When something has "damage x".

1. Do you have to take that many saves equally to the damage

or

2. Do you take 1 save and it does that much damage?
>>
>>46898020
Number 2
>>
>>46897974

>Bowmen in full plate
>>
>>46897549
And nothing is stopping you from playing in the Old World. Except that you can't field Stormcasts but you hate those probably so no great loss.
>>
File: 111.png (58 KB, 526x98) Image search: [Google]
111.png
58 KB, 526x98
>>46898029

then what does this mean?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.