[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Slime Civilization Thread 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: download (2).jpg (3 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
3 KB, 204x204
Nigga we got Archived edition
Last time: >>46850684
We got archived early, so I'll just carry on from the point where we left.

The Darkhart Folkdom accepts your proposal of friendship. After two weeks, your Homunculi's breeding genes have been improved, and they evolve from small goblin like workers and gain a more humanoid strain.

A month passes, and tragedy strikes. The Empire has crossed into your territory, and have ransacked your cliff city of Dilita. Survivors of the attack say that your sister and governor of Dilita, Deltaraa, had prevented the Empire from passing through the area outside of your territory. They also record that many slimes have survived the attack, though unfortunately, Deltaraa was not one of them.
>Declare war against the Empire
>Confront the Empire for their actions
>Do nothing
>>
>>
>>46855507
We try to play nice and not get involved but they forced our hand. Blood for our Sister!
>>
May the vertebrates rot in hell as our cells spread like the sunrise.

> WAR
>>
>>46855507
>>Declare war against the Empire
We just want to be good slimes and make friends, but the World tries so hard to turn us into bad slimes.
>>
can someone give a summary on this?
>>
>>46855507
>>Confront the Empire for their actions
I think it best to seek negotiations before attacking any country when there is a war in progress.
>>
>>46855646
>negotiating with people who attacked without provocation and killed our sister
>>
>>46855790
>Deltaraa, had prevented the Empire from passing through the area outside of your territory

Deltaraa may have been the one who provoked them. It's also noteworthy that few slimes actually perished with only Deltaraa being killed.
>>
>>46855874
But we can't let them think we're pushovers. We may be nice but we're not doormats.
>>
>>46855874
Also, they destroyed our city. That's pretty crappy if only Deltaraa provoked them.
>>
Without applying muh magic, explain how the slime biology functions

>hollow sphere with many pores to enhance air diffusion
>>
File: slime_by_satsume_shi-d9l5pfh.jpg (670 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
slime_by_satsume_shi-d9l5pfh.jpg
670 KB, 1600x900
>>46856143
I think like this. There are translucent animals in the real world.
I think the more powerful you are, the more human-like you look.
>>
>>46856143
Magic
>>
The empire the one with humans elves and other shit right?
>>
>>46856470
Yes.
>>
>>46855606

same
>>
>>46855507
>Declare war on the empire!
>>
>>46855507
>>
>>46855606
>>46856565
>In the last thread, we had the option of allying with the Minotaurs, Skaven or make homunculi.
>We chose to ally with the Minos...They didn't take it too well.
>Later, two meteors were about to fall onto the two cities and we only had time to warn one.
>We warn the Skaven; easy choice.
>The city of Minos was destroyed by a red light and the city of the Skaven was destroyed by a white light.
>All of the Minos died and we took in the Skaven as citizens as long they obey our laws.
>Months later, two domains of spirits appeared. One was demons and the other Celestials.
>The Demons went to the Alliance to support them and the Celestials swore that they will protect the Empire
>They started a war and asked us to pick a side
>Our Elven citizens wanted permission to fight for the Empire and the Skaven wanted to punish the Demons and Celestials.
>We gave them permission, close our borders, kept our resources to ourselves, and sent diplomats to try to convince them to settle for peace.
>The Empire, for some reason, enter our land and ransack our cliff city and killed our sister.
Hope I didn't make too many mistakes.
>>
>>46855548
Also, convince our Elves to return home. I miss them. ;_;
>>
Everyone's declaring war now but last thread we banned research into military technology. Way to go guys.
>>
>>46856972
Guess we'll unban it then.
>>
>>46856972
We can always make slime monsters and battle homunculi, Anon. We are masters of biopunk tech.
>>
>>46856972
In my defence i was not present for that thread
>>
>>46856972
at least we should arm and prepare logistic for the very possible war
>>
>>46856972
I wanted to ban Homunculi.
Don't know why people thought Military was the right thing to ban.
>>
>>46857001
You know, now we could support looking into mechanical and magical research to combine with the biopunk. Though It'll be for military purpose right now. Civilian applications and scientific understanding will have to wait for peacetime.
>>
>>46857094
Why ban anything?
>>
>>46857117
More time and money for other projects.
>>
>>46857117
Eh, Homunculi just didn't seem that important to me. Rather have focused more in anything else.
>>
>>46855507
And if things go wrong, ally with the alliance first, then declare war
>>
Do the unterrain races have any new technologies for us to use and expand upon?
>>
>>46855507
>>
>>46857131
>>46857134
Well now we'll have to restructure that.
How about merging all research into military applications for now, and when peace reigns once more we can go back to previous arrangements?
>>
>>46857203
Not sure supporting demons would be a good idea. The Empire are dicks to us but we don't know anything about the Alliance. For all we know, the Alliance's souls are now bound to the demons.
>>
>>46857228
Sounds good.
>>
>>46857228
>>46857265
It seems like there's gonna be big downfalls to siding with either group. Self sufficient survival is probably our best bet.

Also hoping to dear slime god that the other two get too involved with fucking each other that we don't get the brunt of it.
>>
>>46857800
We must pray to the Great Slime for power!
>>
>>46857800
Rather than forming any sort of alliance, we force them into a war on two fronts while keeping an eye on the other guys should they step near our borders. I'm down with that.
Sucks for the elves who went to fight for the Empire though.
>>
>>46858017
We can try to reason with our Elves to see that the Empire is just using them .
>>
>>46858061
...Or if they convinced the Empire to attack like some sort of revenge for razing their original city and making them second class citizen.

Let's consider every angle.
>>
>>46858108
Our Elves started fighting with the Empire because they had brethren that joined the Empire. Could be hard to do that.
>>
>>46858108
Even if that's true we shouldnt WW2 American internment camp the elves
>>
>>46858108
Also, we were the ones that razed their original city so...yeah.
>>
>>46858201
They deserved it for being dicks.
They don't get another chance, the Elves that went with the Empire get purged to the last man, woman, and child.
>>
>>46858282
Well, it's kind of understandable they went to fight because race honor. Also, I think only the men went and we shouldn't go genocidal for the ones that didn't go. I'm sure they can be reason with.
>>
>>46858337
The ones who didn't go are fine, but the ones who did get to share the fate of their past king.
>>
>>46856143
>>46856246
Actually, Slimes are just translucently shaped amorphous masses, with a single core that acts as a heart and stomach. Two of the slime species are sentient, humanoids and blobs, while all sorts of slime creatures exist.

You tell the Empire that destroying Dilita and killing your sister is an act of war. They apologize and say that Deltaraa prevented them passage, but if they need to, they WILL destroy any objects that stand in the way of their goal.

Now, you must begin to build your army for this war. You lift the ban on Military Science, and your military can support as much as 30 Legions, each with a capacity for 5,000 men. the Darkhart Folkdom is also agreeing to support your efforts.
First, pick 4 unit types to make up your main army. I won't choose them based on whichever COMBO of soldiers is most popular, but by specific unit types chosen.
>Skaven Light Infantry
>Skaven Light Cannoneers
>Skaven Heavy Infantry
>Skaven Heavy Cannoneers
>Slime Behemoths
>Slime Knights
>Slime Royal Knights
>Battle Slake(Slime Drake) Knights
>Homunculi Light Heelcutters
>Homunculi Light Archers
>Homunculi Heavy Heelcutters
>Homunculi Heavy Archers
>Troll Brutes

Next, pick a general
>Oj One arm, Lord Officer(Anybody remember him?? He's one hell of a general)
>Resida(Will provide morale support to soldiers. Priestess of the Slinker and all)

You'll need some special forces... Pick one
>Dark Elf Infiltrators
>Slime Blob Exploders
>Homunculi Eavesdroppers
>>
>>46858463
>Skaven light Cannoneers
>Slime Behemoths
>Homunculi Heavy Archers
>Slime Blob Exploders
Hit them hard and fast.
>>
>>46858463
>Skaven Heavy Cannoneers
>Slime Royal Knights
>Troll Brutes

>Dark Elf Infiltrators
>>
>>46858463
>Skaven light infantry
>Slime Knights
>Troll Brutes

>Slime Blob Exploders
>>
>>46858525
You're missing one infantry type.
>>
>>46858525
>>46858610
Then I pick them
>Skaven Light Infantry
>>
>>46858463
>Slime Behemoths (these are giant slimes, right?)
>Slime Knights
>Skaven Light Cannoneers
>Homunculi Heavy Archers

>Dark Elf Infiltrators
>>
I suggest we stay neutralize for now, let them pass and flight the alliance.
When they are all-out, we strike and revenge our sister
>>
>>46858736
too late for that
>>
>>46858736
I think you mean stay neutral. Neutralize means that we kill ourselves and it's too late.
>>
To lead your army, you elect Oj One-arm. His superior battle tactics and strategies are sure to lead your armies to victory.

[ ] Unit Type 1
[ ] Unit Type 2
[ ] Unit Type 3
[ ] Unit Type 4
[X] General
[ ] Infiltrators
>>
>>46858736
*neutral
*fight

Damn autocorrect

>>46858770
>>46858754
I thought we have not yet declare war on them?
>>
>>46858463
>Skaven Light Infantry
>Slime Behemoths
>Battle Slake Knights
>Homunculi Heavy Archers

>Captain Orange Juice, Lord of Citrus

>Slime blob exploders if they don't cause massive moral dilemma. If they do, dark elf infiltrators

The infantry and behemoths can handle the ground fight with support of archers and drakes, but we also need to keep in mind defense against other flying units, therefore drakes and archers.
>>
>>46858841
>You tell the Empire that destroying Dilita and killing your sister is an act of war. They apologize and say that Deltaraa prevented them passage, but if they need to, they WILL destroy any objects that stand in the way of their goal.
Them fighting words. We may be nice but we will not tolerate rudeness and we should avenge our sister.
>>
So, what the are current votes on the units?
>>
>>46859172
As of the time of your post:

Slime Behemoths (3)
Homunculi Heavy Archers (3)
Battle Slake(Slime Drake) Knights (3)
Skaven light Cannoneers (2)
Troll Brutes (2)
Skaven light infantry (2)
Slime Knights (2)
Skaven Heavy Cannoneers (1)
Slime Royal Knights (1)
>>
>>46859172
And for special units:
Exploding slime blobs: (3)
Dark elf infiltrators: (2)
>>
>>46859329
I assume the ones with 3's are locked unless some other people vote.
>>
>>46859329
>>46859368
So an army of Slime Behemoths, heavy homunculi archers, Slake Knights with the final one being undecided in a tie. Also exploding slime blobs.
>>
How big are behemoths?
>>
File: Magic Gathering Acidic Slime.jpg (241 KB, 1126x823) Image search: [Google]
Magic Gathering Acidic Slime.jpg
241 KB, 1126x823
>>46859443
I think this big.
>>
>>46859439
I'd go with like cannoneers. We'd and a mobile ranged units.
>>
>>46859329
Cannoneers are more like artillery right?

I've already voted but Im gonna reiterate one of my earlier points. If we're gonna fight celestials and or demons we gonna need anit air capabilities ie archers
>>
>>46859540
Do our weapons even work on spirits or are the demons and celestials bleed?
>>
>>46859635
No clue.

Worst case scenario and we can't do jack shit against the angel demons, the archers will still provide ample en masse fire and help against any air units our enemies may have.
>>
>>46855507
Declare war

To battle!
>>
>>46859729

If we can't do shit to angel-demons, do you know what we do?

We become the Locust and Undermine their cities.
>>
>>46859475
I back light cannoneers.
>>
>>46859781
We are already going to war. Now you must vote for the units. >>46858463
>>
>>46859787
Possibly, until research yields something that can hurt them.
Maybe we learn to mold our slime into circuitry and invent slime-bionics. Maybe magic research has a breakthrough and then we get slime-magitech.
>>
>>46859830
Yeah, my page hadn't refreshed x.x
>>
>>46859368
I'd support infiltrators.
I don't want to sacrifice citizens. They are free and shouldn't be ordered to blow themselves up.
>>
>>46858463
>Skaven light cannoneers
>Slime Behemoths
>Homonculi Heavy Archers
Spec Ops:
>Homonculi Eavesdroppers
>>
>>46859886
I don't think the exploders are sentient.
>>
>>46859921
Missing one.
>>
>>46859886
Think of them as gooey slime bomb robots. They're not real Slimes.
>>
>>46858463
>>46859921
Also
>Slime Drakes
>>
>>46859943
>>46859965
Ah, okay.
That's better.
>>
>>46858463
-Skaven light infantry
-Skaven Heavy cannoneers
-Skaven light cannoneers
-Homunculi heavy archers

-Eavesdroppers
>>
We should probably place some extra guards around the great slime pool. It would be a prime target for enemy infiltrators, if they use any.
>>
>>46860012
Nice, letting our allies do the work for us.
>>
Should we try to ally with the demons as well?
>>
>>46860044
Rather not send the slim citizens, besides we can blame them going rogue if the attack goes bad or something
>>
>>46860064
We shouldn't really do that. Demons are unreliable allies. They would most likely betray us and take our souls.
>>
>>46860123

Depends if it's "Holy" vs "Demonic" and not "Order and Obedience" vs "Freedom and Chaos"
>>
>>46860194
Well even if they're not the "holy vs demonic", I think we are going down the path of Order. We quelled the Elves attacking us and made them citizens of ours and gave a home to the Skaven.
>>
>>46860276
Yeah but unfortunately Order are assholes and destroyed our beloved city, so there's that.
>>
>>46860194
>>46860276
It seems like its more order obedience vs chaos and freedom

We are going down the path of order, but we're also not going down the path of tyranny. Also the "good" guys already killed our shit
>>
>>46860336
I rather both sides destroy each other and we live by ourselves.
>>
>>46860368
Thats best case scenario.

Unfortunately that possibility has already been nullified as an entire city has been razed by the celestials
>>
File: slime_warrior_by_zaron-d77nsro.png (637 KB, 1024x1228) Image search: [Google]
slime_warrior_by_zaron-d77nsro.png
637 KB, 1024x1228
>>46859329
>>46859368
Thanks, senpai

[X] Slime Behemoths
[X] Homunculi Heavy Archers
[X] Battle Slake Knights
[X] Skaven Light Cannoneers
[X] Oj One-Arm
[X] Exploding Slime Blobs

Alright, I guess everything's set.

Your army has been rallied, and now currently awaits the major plan from their General, Oj one-arm
>Attack the Empire on their land
>Fortify your eastern borders, and have them attack first
>>
>>46860520
>>
>>46860520
>>Fortify your eastern borders and have them attack first
Hide some exploding slimes near the border to give them a nasty surprise.
>>
>>46860520
What is the terrain of the eastern boarder like?
>>
>>46860520
Make lots of traps underground. And maybe ball-and-chain ammo will help against flyers.
>>
>>46860520
>Attack the Empire on their land
>>
>>46860520
>>
File: MGS Slime Color.png (421 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
MGS Slime Color.png
421 KB, 800x800
>>46860520
Try sending a sneaky slime to try and convince our Elves to leave and return home.
>>
>>46860555
If I remember correctly, it's desert and rocky.
>>
>>46860520
>Fortify eastern borders

Did we ever send a negotiator to the alliance about anything?
>>
>>46861247
Yes. We sent people to broker peace but they didn't listen.
>>
>>46861782
Well then we still need to worry about our western front as well if theyre hostile
>>
>>46861868
If we defeat the Empire here then the Alliance would probably not bother us...for a while.
>>
>>46861914
I guess we'll just take things one at at time then
>>
>>46861914
If they plan to bother us at all they'll do it during/right after our war with the Empire.
>>
>>46862052
Why would they, though? It's not like we did anything to them. I thought they're fighting for freedom. Must be the D-men's work.
>>
>>46862088
I remember that QM mentioned our Queen is old now. Is there a way to rejuvenate her?
>>
>>46862088
Fighting for freedom doesn't necessarily make them good.
Plus, you know, Orcs, goblins, etc.
>>
>>46862590
Which also means our now deceased sister must've lest behind some progeny. Do we take custody of our nieces?
>>
>>46862613
I know that. It looks we're going to fight two wars. Maybe even at the same time.
>>46862632
I assume we do. Also, do we have kids?
>>
What do you guys predict the outcome of this war will be?
>>
OP, are you kill?
>>
>>46863305
It's a big battle and he takes his time writing.
>>
>>46863227
If we avert war with the empire then we will probably remain neutral or possibly resolve our differences and aid the empire. If we attack the empire then we get killed and possessed by demons in the end.
>>
>>46863227
I predict we will sacrifice an enemy city in a meteor attack to summon a super slime race to support our faction.
>>
>>46863407
>>46863449
Whatever the outcome is we should really build something to keep those jerks out unless invited.
>>
File: Amano_FF1_Slime-Flan.jpg (82 KB, 921x1000) Image search: [Google]
Amano_FF1_Slime-Flan.jpg
82 KB, 921x1000
>>
The best way to defeat the Empire would be to fortify your borders. They're hell bent on destroying the Stone of Freedom, and would push with all their might through your kingdom, even if every acre of land were laced with spike traps. Your army constructs three border forts: Topus, Median, and Lowar. Median is in between Topus and Lowar, with more forces. That way, the enemy will have a hard time going straight through the middle, and will have to head through either the top or bottom. Thanks to geography, Median will be able to eaisly streamline it's reserve forces to Topus and Lowar should it need assistance.

Meanwhile, back with Deltaraa, Hydaraa's two squishes were given to her. In a couple years, when Deltaraa kicks the bucket, either one of them will take the throne.

Your border garrisons spot an Empire army approaching. It is composed of Dwarves as the front soldiers, wielding large tower shields, Elves near the rear, obviously as archers, Two small legions of halflings are on either side of the main unit, mounted on batttle dogo's. They must be the auxiliary forces.

How do you fight them?
>Send the Slime Behemoths to take down their front line
>Fire at the Archers with the Skaven Light Cannoneers
>Harass their skies with Slake Knights
>Launch exploding blobs at their archers
>>
>>46864839
Take out the support first.
>Send the Slime Behemoths to take down their front line
If it's allowed.
>>
>>46864839
>>
>>46864839
>Fire at the Archers with the Skaven Light Cannoneers
>Archers focus Halflings
>Behomoths charge and shatter Dwarven frontline
>Drakes harass whatever seems the greater threat after the fighting has started

I don't know how many exploding slimes we got, but if its not a ton, hold them in reserve for when we attack the Empire proper.
>>
Maybe destroy the halflings with our archers and cannoneers so the behemoths can enter the gaps and attack the main units from the flank?
The dwarfs have to turn their shields to the side, leaving them and those behind them vulnerable to the second volley.
>>
>>46865103
Yeah, exploding slimes should be kept for siege engines, fortifications, and big war beasts.
>>
>>46864839
>>Fire at the Archers with the Skaven Light Cannoneers
>>
>>46864839
>>Fire at the Archers with the Skaven Light Cannoneers
>>
A signal is given for the Cannoneers to raise their Cannons and open fire at the elven brigade, taking out a good dozen units. The Dwarf army rushes closer, and starts attacking the fortress walls, which your Slime Behemoths ooze through to crush. The crushing cannon fire of the Cannoneers prevents the Elven archers from getting within range of shooting the Behemoths with flaming arrows, and so the Dwarf army is forced to retreat while the Halfling Cavalry charges in to provide them space to regroup their scattered legion.
Ranged forces will(Pick 2)...
>Continue Suppressing the Archers
>Gun down the Halflings
>Shoot the fleeing Dwarves
While the Melee forces...
>Smack down the Halflings
>Pursue the Dwarves
Have the Slake Knights...
>Harass the Dwarves
>Steer off the Halflings
>Pester the Archers
>>
>>46865692
>Pursue the Dwarves
>Steer off the Halflings
>>
>>46865771
Pick a second one for ranged.
>>
>>46865692
>Gun down the Halflings

>Pursue the Dwarves

>Steer off the Halflings
>>
>>46865771
>>46865862
Unless you want those archers extra supressed and killed, but better specify that.
>>
>>46865692
>Continue suppressing the archers
>Pursue the dwarves
>Steer off the halflings

Keep up the pressure lads! We've got em on the run!
>>
>>46865692
Ranged forces will
>Continue suppressing the archers
>Gun down the Halflings
While the Melee forces
>Prusue the Dwarves.
Have the Slake knights
>Pester archers
>>
>>46865771
>Gun down the Halflings
>>
>>46865924
Also shoot the fleeing dwarves
>>
File: Knight Slime.png (262 KB, 606x651) Image search: [Google]
Knight Slime.png
262 KB, 606x651
What will be our victory song if we win?
>>
Your Skaven Cannoneers continue to suppress the archers, preventing them from advancing within firing range of the Behemoths. Meanwhile, your Slakes chase off the Halfling forces, leaving the Dwarves Vulnerable to recieving additional casualties from the Behemoths. With the Dwarven legion slowly approaching closer and closer, the entire army retreats. The battle is won.

By next morning, your spies reveal that the defeated army is licking it's wounds in a nearby Village of Halflings and Gnomes.
>Attack the Village
>Stay in your territory
>Lure out the Army, then attack them.
>>
>>46867606
What's the terrain of the villages and surrounding area? This is important.
>>
File: 1444877904680.jpg (17 KB, 335x373) Image search: [Google]
1444877904680.jpg
17 KB, 335x373
>>46867606
>draw them out
We are good slime, we will only kill soldiers.
The people of the defeated town will feed slimes.
>>
>>46867606
>Lure out the Army, then attack them.
>>
>>46867687
I vote for this! We need to have a battle plan that keeps our slimes alive.
>>
File: Slime_2.jpg (21 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
Slime_2.jpg
21 KB, 512x480
>>
>>46867606
>Attack the Village

Our slimes will blot out the sun!
>>
The village just narrowly sits on a small cliff, and a river is what divides you and the village. Archers along the villages walls could easily shoot down any Slake Knights, and fighting without hitting them could be difficult. You, on the other hand, could demolish their walls with the Light Cannoneers, and the Slime Behemoths could easily take over from there.
>>
>>46871765
Send in the slime bombs.
>>
>>46871765
Hold the slake nights back while continuing the assault with the light cannoneers and slime bombs.
>>
>>46871765
Is taking the cliffside out and letting the whole town fall an option?
>>
Alright, guys I gotta sleep again, so keep the thread from being archived. Night yall.
>>
>>46873725
Goodnight. I'll try my best.
>>
bed bump
>>
Slimy
>>
>>46871765
Slime bomb the cliffside and drop the village, or at least part of it.
If this doesn't make them consider surrender, it's their loss.
>>
Good morning,everyone
>>
>>46879920
Good morning, anon.
>>
>>46879920
guten tag.
>>
I realize we're in combat right now, but I vote on developing better behemoth tech as a side action. We can make them bigger dang it!
>>
>>46880674
They're animal-intelligence, right?
>>
>>46881256
Most likely. They don't really need that much intelligence. Just enough to understand and obey orders. How can we improve our behemoths?
>>
>>46881366
Even if they're animals, we still have to treat them with respect.
>>
>>46880674
And with slimetech!
Shape the slime into the components and mechanisms of advanced weapons.
And *then* we'll make it magic on top of that.

No, I don't think there's a limit to ambition, why do you ask?

On a more attainable note, slime colossus would be pretty cool. Could stick ramparts onto it to boot.
>>
You launch slimes into the city, and they explode their goo all over the city(Im surprised not one person has made a sex joke), practically subduing it. Your cannoneers open fire at the walls, and withon minutes the side facing your army has fallen.
>Send in the Behemoths!
>Bury threm with Homunculus arrows!
>Bear down on them with Slake Knights!
>>
>>46881540
>Send in the Behemoths
They've been good so far. Maybe send a wave of arrows first for help?
>>
>>46881540
>Bury them with Homunculus arrows

I fear for our Behemoths in the close quarters
>>
>>46881540
Soften them up.
>>
>>46881540
>>Send in the Behemoths!
It's what they're there for. Besides they're big guys, I'm sure they can handle it.
>>
We need a tie breaker, guys. Unless, QM mix the choices together.
>>
>>46881540
>Send in the Behemoths!
Fighting a giant slime in enclosed spaces where they can't move around or run away but the slimes can fit into any place. [/s]I'm sure it will go well for them.
>>
>>46881902
They're still weak to fire, which is what I'm worried about.
>>
>>46855507
Also OP, I would like to thank you for running this game this past week. It's been pretty awesome.
>>
>>46881540
>>46881902
>>46881985
Well the village is covered in slime. So unless the dwarves and hobbits have torches on their persons it should be fine.
But on the off chance they do, better safe than sorry. It's a situation where there's no benefit in taking risks besides finishing up quicker, so I'll change to
>>
>>46881601
>>Bury them with Homunculus arrows!
I switch to arrows.
>>
>>46881540
>>
Your Homunculi raise their bows, and blacken the night sky with arrows. All at once they thunk as they return to earth, skewering soldiers and civilians alike. Your behemoths charge in and finish off the surviving soldiers, and by sunrise, the village is yours. The village you just took was the only one with a strong defense force for miles, leaving the Empire's western countryside vulnerable to conquest by your soldiers. However, if you were to capture them, you would have to weave your forces in an easily avoidable manner, and any Empire soldiers could sneak right through into your territory.
>Go and conquer the Empires eastern countryside
>Stay and keep defending the border

Either way, military scientists can allow you an upgrade for one unit type in your army.
>Upgrade Skaven Cannoneers
>Upgrade Slake Knights
>Upgrade Slime Behemoths
>Upgrade Homunculi Heavy Archers
>>
>>46882846
>Go and conquer the Empires eastern countryside
>Upgrade Slime Behemoths
Fire-proof them.
>>
>>46882846
>Other: March on the Empire's capital

>>
>>46883002
That's not an option.
>>
File: tumblr_mus41srzPi1s0my1wo1_400.gif (500 KB, 400x243) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mus41srzPi1s0my1wo1_400.gif
500 KB, 400x243
>>46883019
>>
>>46882846
>Stay and keep defending the border
We don't know where their main army is at the moment, and since it seems we don't have enough troops to attack the Empire and defend our country, its better to err on the side of caution.
>>
>>46882846
>Upgrade Skaven cannoneers
>Stay and defend the border

Also if possible send out scouts to map the Empires capitol defenses as well as search for their main army.
>>
Your army returns to the border forts. It's tok dangerous to press onward into the heart of the empire. How do you wish to upgrade your Cannoneers?
>Upgrade them into rapid Cannoneers (Faster Speed, Better focus fire)
>Upgrade them to Sniper Cannoneers (Longer Range, More Stealth)
>>
>>46882846
>>Stay and keep defending the border
>Upgrade Slime Behemoths
>>
>>46883841
>Upgrade them into rapid Cannoneers (Faster Speed, Better focus fire)
>>
>>46883841
>>
>>46883841
>>
>>46883841
>Upgrade them into rapid cannoneers
>>
>>46883841
>>
>>46883841
Let's see.
Sniper almost guarantees we get first strike and gives us better ambush options. That first strike could mean we dictate the flow of the battle as well: making the enemy more careful, yes, but hitting them before they even start charging could straight up stop their advance for the moment. From there, they won't come as many at a time, and may send units to try and deal with the snipers only to be mopped up by our other troops.

Rapid on the other hand is straight up multiplying the devastation they already inflict. With the proper tactics and conditions, they could cripple an army on their own, and wipe out entire units. It also generally increases our army's strength.

Not sure which to pick.
>>
>>46884048
Wait, rapid means movement speed or firing speed? Because I may have gotten confused if it was the former.
>>
>>46884048
Well, I was thinking about trying to bombard a city from far out of range of enemy archers.
>>
>>46884088
I assumed it meant firing speed
>>
>>46883943
>>46883963
>>46884012
Your Skavens turn their light cannons into sniper rifles, and drop their chainmail for leather, stealthier armor.

Two weeks of occupying border forts later, you recieve an order from the capital to begin advancing into the Empire's territory. By now, the village you captured has been reclaimed, and reinforced with more soldiers. Fortunately, your army has been reinforced with Slime Knights and Skaven Footmen
>Retake the Village
>Pass north of the village through uninhabited swampland
>Go west through a southern mountain path
>Construct boats, and cross between the gap of lands

I'm working on a map right now. I'll probably have it up by tonight.
>>
>>46884999
>>Retake the Village
>>
>>46884999
Wait, I thought we were gonna hold that village as a defensive point. Are you saying we just gave it up so they could just come back and refortify it so they can continue to be a thorn in our sides?
Retake the village, burn it to the ground.
>>
>>46884999
>Pass north of the village through uninhabited swampland
We'll turn around and strike them from behind.
>>
>>46884999
>Retake the Village

We should prevent the enemy from easily marching on our army from behind or cutting off our retreat route(s).
>>
>>46884999
Can we have a list of our forces?
>pass north of the village through the uninhabited swamp
But we should leave the Foot men, Slime knights and the Arches in the forts in case the empire goes on the attack.
>>
>>46885238
>>46885189
>>46885088

You decide to retake the village, and keep it this time. Your spies inform you that the village is being guarded by Human infantry, and Dwarven Cannoneers. The infantry is led by one of the Celestial Lords, Radius. It appears they are not yet aware that your army looms nearby. You could land a good sneak attack, but make your choice wisely.
>Send a group of assassin's to assassinate Radius
>Blow up the Village Walls
>Have your Behemoths run towards the enemy
>Drop slime bombs with Slake Knights
>Charge towards the open gate with Slime Knights
>Bombard the enemy with arrows
>>
>>46885702
How high can our Slake Knights fly? As high as the clouds?
>>
>>46885702
>Blow up the Village Walls
>>
>>46885702
First
Then once they are out of the city
>bombard the enemy with arrows.
>>
>>46885702
>bombard the enemy with arrows
>Have your Behemoths run towards the enemy
>>
>>46885896
There are walls in the way. Destroy those with cannons before sending the behemoths in.
>>
>>46885702
If the Slake Knights can fly high enough to hide in the clouds:
>Drop slime bombs with Slake Knights
>>
I know that we're in combat but we should totally send blob suicide bombers into the imperial cities. Like a more wobbly isis
>>
>>46886112
I don't think that's the correct analogy, since the exploding slimes are more like smart bombs than suicide bombers.
>>
>>46885702
>Send a group to assassinate Radius

I feel like it'll probably end in failure, but whateves.
>>
>>46886112
>>46886202
But we still need to send a small secret force of bomb slimes to the capital to kill the head king.
They made us bad slime, we tried to be good slime.
>>
>>46886294
Can we go Allah Arkbur with slime bombs attached to the assassins if the plan fails?
>>
>>46885835
>>46885896
>>46886294

A few slime blobs and Skaven snipers sneak over the walls and into Celestial Lord Radius's chamber, where he meditates. Your slime blobs leap towards him, but before they can so much as explode, they are disintigrated in bursts of light. The two Skaven Snipers who had been pointing at him through their window were brutally blinded, and screamed as they fell backwards off the rooftops and into the city. It would appear the assassination has failed. An army of humans charge from the cities, with Dwarven Cannoneers lining up along the walls of the city.
>Crush the human force with Behemoths(a)
>Guard your army from the Dwarven Cannons with Behemoths(a)
>Shoot snipers at the human forces general(b)
>Shoot snipers at the dwarven cannoneers(b)
>Swoop down your Slake Knights and shatter the human ranks(c)
>Swoop down your Slake Knights and harass the Dwarven Cannoneers(c)
>>
>>46886624
>>
>>46886666
Unholy trips confirmed it.
Supporting
>>
>>46886685
*quads
>>
>>46886624
This first and foremost.
And don't forget the arrows.
>>
>Guard your army from the Dwarven Cannons with Behemoths(a)
>Swoop down your Slake Knights and shatter the human ranks(c)
>>
>>46886954
This sounds pretty good too.
Supporting.
>>
>>46886732
I second this slime this plan sounds like a good plan!
>>
>>46886732
On second thought, the human frontline will have more trouble with flying enemies that can easily get out of range to harass them. And while if the cannoneers and archers are successful the dwarves won't get their shots off, positioning the behemoths to bloc the few that do and protect our own ranged units would be prudent.

I'm not certain though so I'm not changing my vote.
>>
File: 1461178370345.gif (2 MB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
1461178370345.gif
2 MB, 330x275
>>46886624
At the same time this battle is going on we need a massive mobilization of our armed forces, our king needs to give speechs to the slimes to help recruitment.
We have supreme breeding and we need legions by the millions!

>send someone to the Alliance asking for help defeating a common enemy, asking for soldiers and weapons.
>>
>>46887317
>Joining with the D-men
No, thanks. As soon as they see us weak, they will betray us. Look at Stalin and Hitler.
>>
>>46887380
We won't join them, let's just ask them to take lead. Let them widdle down their own forces and the others while we stay at full health.
In the end we swoop in killing both of them.
>>
>>46887452
Except they might think of the same thing.
>>
>>46887523
Shouldn't that be a reason to act first? And we're between the two so if they even want to fight they have to talk to us.
>>
>>46887595
I still don't trust them. Let them come to us for help rather than the other way around.
>>
Your Behemoths march forth, and with a few powerful blows, the human formation has been shattered, and retreats behind the walls. The Dwarven cannoneers have both the Slake Knights and Skaven Snipers picking them off.
"Retreat!" Shouts their apparent captain.
"NO!" a powerful voice booms. A blinding white light rises into the sky from the middle of the city, which you discern to be Radius. He raises his sword, and the eyes of the Dwarves becomes filled with white light. They turn back into position, and focus fire on your Behemoths, picking them off one by one, completely ignoring that they are being killed by Snipers and Slake Knights. Unless something is done, all of your behemoths will be nothing but blown apart jelly.
>Retreat your Behemoths(a)
>Continue pushing with your Behemoths(a)
>Launch the last of your exploding slimes at the Dwarven ramparts(b)
>Save your exploding slimes for later(b)
>Attack Radius with your Slakes(c)
>Block the Cannoneers with your Slake Knights(c)
>>
>>
>>46888885
>Block the Cannoneers with your Slake Knights(c)
>>
>>46888885
I'm starting to think that going it war with near unkillable Angels might've been a mistake.
>>
>>46888985
We can do it but we have to be smart with it.
>>
>>46888885
>>Retreat your Behemoths(a)
>Retreat the Slake Knights
We should have superior range, use it. Pull our forces back and just lay down constant range fire on them. If their ground forces push, hold ground and meet them outside the range of the Dwarves.
>>
>>46888885
>>Retreat your Behemoths(a)
Save your exploding slimes for later(b)
>>
>>46888885
>>46889079
Supporting this. It's better thought out.
>>
Your Behemoths fall back, though even when retreating, Behemoths are slain, and fall to pieces At the start of the campaign, you had 32 Behemoths. Now, you're down to 6.

Once they retreat, the Dwarves snap back, and try to flee. A majority of the Cannoneers are devoured by Slakes, and quickly digested, while they run with the humans to the village's manor. Your knights run down the population, trapping them with Snare Slimes and killing those that try to fight.

Walking through the ruined ruins of the village, you hear a voice shout "Monster!". Turning back, you see a human girl dressed in armor with a bastard sword in hand charging straight at you. What do you do?
>Grab her with your human arm
>Sidestep deftly
>Let your personal Slime Knights deal with her
>Hurl a chunk of your body at her.
>Parry her attack, and then strike her gut
>>
>>46888885

Altering my vote to >>46889079 from >>46888947
>>
>>46889426
>>Grab her with your human arm
"The only monsters here are your brethren. We tried to stay nice, give a helping hand but you people wouldn't have it."
>>
>>46889426
>Parry her attack, and then strike her gut
>>
>>46889426
This girl might just be key to avoiding further bloodshed with the empire.
>>
>>46889426
>>Parry her attack, and then strike her gut
>>
>>46889426
>>
File: Heroine.jpg (31 KB, 501x600) Image search: [Google]
Heroine.jpg
31 KB, 501x600
As soon as the girl is within range, you grasp her by the throat, and raise her off the ground. She flails her legs, and tries to pull your iron grip off of your neck.
"M-Mon...ster..." She grunts.
>Capture her
>Kill her
>Knock her out and toss her asside
>>
>>46889676
>Capture her
Show her the error of her ways.
>>
>>46889676
>>Capture her
>>
>>46889676
>Capture her
Use her as a model for slime girl knights while studying the science of turning people to slime.
>>
>>46889676
>>Kill her
We're out of patience.
>>
>>46889676
>Capture her
>>
>>46889676
>Capture her
She could possibly be bargaining chip with the empire and celestials. We might even gain valuable knowledge from her.
>>
>>46889696
>>46889712
>>46889738

You grab her sword with your slime hand, and toss it asside, before throwing her on the ground. "Take her back to Median." you nod to your guards. One of them draws a rope, and ties her to the saddle of his mount. When it bounces along, she'll have to run to keep up with it.

It serves as a good deterrent from stray forces attacking you directly. The last surviving soldiers are huddled near the village square, surrounding Radius. The Empire's soldiers are enveloped by Radius's light, empowering them to fight back your soldiers. Radius looks you straight in the eye, and gives an order for his men to retreat into the Village's castle. He raises his sword at you, appearing to challenge you.
"So. You are the monster that is choosing to side with the bastards of hell. Do you know how many people your army has killed by now? How many widows and bastards will become of this?!"
>Fight him in single combat
>Order your forces to take him down
>Threaten him with the prisoner
>>
>>46890465
>Threaten him with the prisoner
If he's really does care about them then he will do anything to protect them.
>>
>>46890465
>Remind him that the Empire attacked them first and we're only defending ourselves.
>>
>>46890465
>>Order your forces to take him down
"We never sided with anyone. You started it when you attacked us, we're just finishing what you started."
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.