[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Song of Swords: Strategy and tactics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58
File: Artesia Afield 135.jpg (1 MB, 1986x1522) Image search: [Google]
Artesia Afield 135.jpg
1 MB, 1986x1522
Last Time, on Song of Swords:
Red Kals
Levy guy and the Fyrd
Chronicles of oni slayers
Chevauchee posts rules for his skirmish wargame

Previous Thread: >>46650087

Song of Swords is a realistic fantasy tabletop RPG that draws inspiration from historical fechtbuchs, weapons and armor. Its combat system is fast and it can be used for both fantasy and historical/mundane settings.

Call of the Void is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

Here's a .rar archive with the newest version of the rules as well as all related current working documents. At this time the latest version is v1.9.9:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/12xqm1p2q69m392/Song_of_Swords.rar

Here's a walkthrough on creating a character
http://paste2.org/aKfOBmWJ

Here's a walkthrough on weapon schools for SoS 1.9.9 with examples
http://paste2.org/6OyOsFM3

Here's Ballad of the Laser Whales' latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/download/xx124xua1bi8sfu/CoTV+Ballad+of+the+Laser+Whales+Alpha+1.1.pdf

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
The room might be empty, but the people who teach the game still browse the thread frequently. If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread. We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room.

The Legend is MIA.
>>
>>46800104
Red Kals sounds like a band name.
>>
>>46800359
I'd pay them to write a song about levies with half-pikes and strength caps
>>
File: 2260.jpg (139 KB, 696x737) Image search: [Google]
2260.jpg
139 KB, 696x737
Shameless bump
>>
File: augment.jpg (76 KB, 305x750) Image search: [Google]
augment.jpg
76 KB, 305x750
>Ballad has proper augmentation now

Aw yiss.
>>
>>46802858
Indeed.
>>
>>46800104
Okay, guys. I've finished reading that 1st edition of ancient Polish RPG called Dzikie Pola. I will write combat review later.
>>
File: fecht.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
fecht.webm
1 MB, 800x450
>>46804510
Sounds good anon, we eagerly await it.
>>
>>46800104
You know what would be useful to add to the .rar?
A bunch of premade generic npcs.
>>
>>46804978
True. We should start with the jobber.
>>
>>46804510
Did someone actually find an English translation, or are you that one Polish guy who is eternally assfractured whenever anyone mentions SoS?
>>
File: armor.png (735 KB, 1348x499) Image search: [Google]
armor.png
735 KB, 1348x499
>>46804978
>>46806806
The Humble Jobber (Mook)
Power Level: Mid
CP: 12

Attributes:
STR 4 AGI 4 END 4 HLT 4
WIL 4 WIT 4 INT 4 PER 4
ADR 4 TOU 4 CHA 6 MOB 6 CAR 8 Grit 4
Profs:
Level 8 Soldier School (Level 6 for a thuggish jobber, Level 10 for a stronger jobber)
Primary Weapon Prof (2H sword recommended)
Grappling
Secondary Weapon or Missile Prof

Talents:
None

Skills:
Observation 4
Riding 4
Athletics 4
One Encounter Relevant Skill 4

Boons and Banes:
None

Equipment:
1x Primary Weapon (Longsword or Arming Spear reccommended)
1x Secondary Weapon or Dagger
Period Appropriate light armor (Half-Plate Set with Kettle Helm or No Helmet reccomended)
2d10 cp

GM Usage:
The Humble Jobber is the old standby for when you can't be bothered to stat an enemy. He is average in all aspects, mediocrity being his specialty. Good filler mook, or throwaway friendly NPC. Note though, this is Song of Swords, and can still kill an unprepared PC.
>>
>>46807742
If it is English, share the goods. I can't find any.
>>
What would you consider to be the range of a wheel-lock musket, rifle-musket (using ball, not a minie ball), and pistol?

What about the Lanzalamas?

Is "Range" just an abstract concept in SoS or can it be converted into yards/meters to figure out the effective range (max range it's expected to be accurate) when fired from an average trained soldier?
>>
Do we know when the next version of SoS aproximately gets done?
I'm thinking about printing 1.9.9 but if the update comes soon(tm), I'd rather wait until that
>>
>>46808990
We're pretty close to a formatted release, but I plan on releasing a minor update before then, hopefully with updated combat rules.
>>
>>46808990
Song of Swords 1.9.9.9 is a myth perpetuated by a dark cabal. Jimmy acquires eternal life from the anticipation of the next release
>>
>>46807790
>half-plate
>light armor
That's easily medium armor. Light armor is gambeson with jack chains and a kettle or sallet.
>>
>>46808965
This is literally in the book, you dingus.
"Range is the distance in yards [...] each multiple [past which] decreases Missile Pool [by 1]" -- Chapter 9.2: Missile Weapons
Every projectile weapon has a range listed in its statblock.

I know the book is a mess right now, but Ctrl+F works as well as it always has.
>>
>>46800359
RED KALS

RED KALS OVER PARADISE
>>
File: 47790368_p0.jpg (1 MB, 2803x1896) Image search: [Google]
47790368_p0.jpg
1 MB, 2803x1896
>>46807790
Why don't they all wear zettai ryouiki armor and white hotpants?
>>
>>46809051
Hey Jimmy, you got a business e-mail? I have some ideas I want to bounce off you.
>>
>>46800104
Levy guy again.

One thing that I didn't really cover was the practice of several landowners clubbing together to split the cost of Fyrd-duty.

As I said, 5 hides is a lot of land and there are many freeholders who can't individually meet the obligation. This obivously includes most Ceorl freeholders but it also happened where a Thegn's estate were split between multiple heirs.

So to tidy up all those fractions, a bunch of landowners pooled their resources. One might volunteer for duty and the others pay for his equipment and upkeep. Alternatively they might all fork out cash to hire a mercenary to represent all of them.

Slightly related is what the Church was doing. It's worth pointing out that the Church was not one big bloc (in terms of property ownership). Individual Dioceses and Abbeys had their own holdings and the most important Bishops and Abbotts were essentially the same as Earls and Barons.

And as powerful landowners they had the inclination and at times obligation to fork out for troops. A common practice in A/S England was for Church bodies to let out land to Thegns without an inheritance rent-free but with the promise of military service when needed. When the Bishop rides up in maille and leading an army without a banner to help identify them you'd be hard pressed to tell them apart from the warband of an Earl.

So you've got another way for Ceorls to fight. Though as always it's the freeholders with property who club together and the man they field has the same expensive kit as the rest of the Fyrd. I'd actually argue that pooling resources is the most likely way for Ceorls to fight, but threw in the towel last time before I got that far.
>>
>>46810659
>You got a business Email
What, like a peasant?

To avoid spam and other tomfoolery, we have a sort of human capcha in the Roll20 room. Find anyone there--Yo Haki, Rhade, Dion, Gary, Vis Ignea if it seems cold enough for hell to have frozen over that day. Tell them that you wish to speak with me, and they will make it so. Last time I posted an Email on 4chan someone sent me ten pizzas with no sauce, cheese or toppings.

I don't know how. But it was just bread. Just bread with garlic around the edges. I actually work for the guys who made those pizzas now, and they still remember that order..
>>
>>46812143
Did it have left meat?
>>
>>46812143
How did they send you those pizzas due to posting an email address? You wouldn't download a pizza.
>>
>>46812999
If you've ever wondered why some pizza tastes like cardboard, now you know why.
>>
>>46812143
Is this some sort of gatekeeper cult? Do you have to defeat everyone in a boss fight in order to make contact?
>>
>>46813941
Can't very well let someone in who hasn't been through the Rite of the Perforated Scrotum now can they.
>>
File: 131.jpg (43 KB, 542x606) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
43 KB, 542x606
>>46807742
>>46808222
No, I'm Russian. Unfortunately, I don't have English translation.

The game is very different from TRoS and its family. Dzikie Pola uses hit points and a number of different dice (1d3, 1d6, 1d10, 1d50, 1d100). Each roll usually made with a single die. Regular person has about 50 HP, human maximum is 100 for hp and all attributes. Attributes are Hit points, Strength, Agility, Courage, Wisdom, Perception, Imagination (which works like Charisma), Willpower and Magical Aptitude.

Damage is based on damage die of the weapon. Most weapons use 1d50, lance and bardiche use 1d100. Attacker rolls damage die and adds damage bonus of the weapon, damage bonus of his offensive maneuver which is static number, Strength bonus and Proficiency bonus. Strength isn't translated into damage directly, instead it's converted based on this table. Say, person with 65 STR gets +10 damage. Skill at arms grants bonus shown at Bieglosc table. There are no Bonus Successes in Dzikie Pola. You can find other modifiers like +20 damage to damage with sabers on horseback.

Powerful strikes can cause critical hits. When a character gets hit for more than 80% of his total health, he gets penalties specific to the damaged area. When hit points reach zero, character dies.
>>
File: 162.jpg (20 KB, 528x604) Image search: [Google]
162.jpg
20 KB, 528x604
>>46814444
Characters have pool of Combat Points equal to their Proficiency with a weapon. Rounds are 10 seconds long and consist of multiple exchanges, as many as fighters want. CP are refreshed each round. Unused CP are lost.

Opponents roll 1d10 and add their Proficiency, then compare their rolls. The winner has the initiative and can attack. He declares his maneuver first, then defender declares response. Some maneuvers have minimal number of dice that should be invested. Many maneuvers have activation cost depending on weapon in use. Powerful attacks convert dice of activation cost into additional damage bonus, successful Parry reduces CP of opponent, etc.

After maneuvers were declared, players compare CP they invested (without activation cost). If defender invested more than attacker, attack failed but attacker has slim chance to reroll 1d10 and accidentally hit. If attacker invested more CP than defender, calculate the margin and attacker has to roll under it on 1d10 to hit. Say attacker used 6 CP and defender used 3, margin is 3. Attacker has to roll 1, 2 or 3 on 1d10 to strike his opponent. Rolls of 0 are always botches, attacker rolls another 1d10 to see how badly he screwed up.
>>
File: 163.jpg (35 KB, 777x485) Image search: [Google]
163.jpg
35 KB, 777x485
>>46814961
Another thing is initial attacker retains the initiative, it doesn't switch on successful parries. To steal initiative you have to inflict more damage than opponent inflicted on you and it can go back and forth as fight goes on. On this pic, guy on the left performs preemptive attack to try and steal the initiative on successful hit.

Some examples of maneuvers: Dodge requires Agility test of defender. He has to roll under his Agility stat on 1d100 but every 2 CP attacker invested in his maneuver will lower AGI stat by 5 points.

Ask your questions, if you have any.
>>
File: matt easton the game.jpg (71 KB, 1162x568) Image search: [Google]
matt easton the game.jpg
71 KB, 1162x568
>>46815157
>>
>>46815171
Here is mediafire link if you want to read it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b23cc4v280at408/Dzikie+Pola+ed.+1+-+Podręcznik+Podstawowy.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nyf7juzdgnkrc0a/Dzikie+Pola+ed.+2+-+Podręcznik+podstawowy.pdf
>>
>>46815171
whats up with that haircut
ive seen it around
>>
>>46815299
We should ask our angry Polish poster next time. It seems to be very fancy in Poland and western Ukraine.
>>
File: Chevauchee Beta Rules v8.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Chevauchee Beta Rules v8.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Reposting the latest version of the beta, for anyone who missed it.
>>
>>46815157
What do you think of the system?
>>
File: polandfu.jpg (20 KB, 573x537) Image search: [Google]
polandfu.jpg
20 KB, 573x537
>>46816986
I like it like TRoS twin brother. It has some weird additional rules I didn't list, Dodge can be used only 3 times in one fight because it's too exhausting and game doesn't support fatigue rules. Some areas need clarification. Overall it has unique approach to game mechanics. Fluctuating MoS TN looks fun. Armor doesn't protect wearer too well, warhammer or even good saber fencer can pierce it effortlessly. Peasants or bydlo are subhumans, winged hussars are smart and strong space marines, Polish strike is very efficient and powerful maneuver (I think it was in Potop). The game is fun.
>>
>>46817610
Sounds fun, and extremely Polish in every way. I hope an English translation shows up somewhere.
>>
>>46817610
>Polish strike
Is that the move Wolodyjowski rekt Kmicic with in their duel?
>>
>>46817836
The very same
>>
>>46817674
Polish fa/tg/uys better get their shit together and start working. System would need a lot of work after translation.
>>
>>46814444
>Slavic game
>bardiche is powerful
Not really surprised.
>>
>>46818859
Ever been hit in the face with one of those before?
Not very erotic.
>>
>>46818859
Bardiche has poor tns right now and isnt very good defensively. That being said, when it hits, it hits. Besides, Jonny said he was doing stat changes to many of the pole arms for the next microupdate.
>>
>>46820504
I think it was a TN shift.
>>
>>46820504
I wasn't saying it was bad, it's just a very stereotypically Slavic weapon.
>>
Guys, guys! Best new sword design EVER!!

>>46819033
>>
>>46820279
Says you.
>>
>>46822895
>putting the center of balance in the blade
Just use an axe with an arming spike, at that point. I'd also be worried about the shear force at the guard with any kind of long blade.

Also, implying that all "European" swords are straight blades is hilarious.
>>
>>46823077
>Just use an axe with an arming spike, at that point.
Correcting myself here. Hilt centered balance is best for thrusting, but some swords did move the center of gravity forward some to add some more oomph to strikes without giving up too much control.
Still, I don't you would want the balance halfway up the blade. That seems like it'd be awkward.
>>
>>46823173
I want Easton-senpai to show us the balance point in that bloody great chopper he has.
>>
>>46814444
>>46814961
>>46815157
Interesting. So you don't roll CP against each other directly, as in TROS, but there is still a to-hit depending on how many CP were put into the attack and defense.

The dodge option sounds very powerful also, so if you have a very high Agility you can basically automatically dodge an attack, but you can only do it a few times?
>>
>>46827270
>there is still a to-hit depending on how many CP were put into the attack and defense
It's a single 1d10 roll below TN. TN = Attack CP - Defense CP. Attacker always botches on 0.
>so if you have a very high Agility you can basically automatically dodge an attack, but you can only do it a few times
If you are extremely fast and agile, it has about 50-60% chance to work and maneuver is free. I believe defender can raise AGI for CP at lower rate than attack reduces it. 3 CP per 5% of AGI, can't find that rule right now. It fits right in the Witcher game.
>>
>>46827535
Killer. The poles make interesting stuff.
>>
>>46829188
There's apparently a great WFRP book that combines all the stuff of 1e and 2e and a bunch of great homebrew stuff into a single legendary tome.

Of course, it's only in Polish and will never, ever be translated.
>>
>>46829188
We'll call the company and ask for the rights to republish it in the USA. That'd piss that one guy off enough to make it worth it.
>>
>>46830446
Jimmu, tell us about food in tattered reals, I want more nummies!
>>
>>46830446
>muffled Kuuuurrwa! in the distance
>>
>>46831248
>>46830446
>Jimmy Rome is such a bastard that he can literally insult people by complimenting their culture
>>
Hey, Wargame guy, are you still alive? Did you ever contact Jimmy?
>>
>>46832350
He was probably slain by Rhade in the Rolld20 room
>>
>>46815171
That filename kek
>>
>>46829654
If you post a link I might have a crack at it.
>>
>>46818372
What work do you mean?
>>
>>46831445
He is truly gifted.
>>
>>46832885
I'm having trouble finding a live link, since it involves poking around on a bunch of Polish forums. It's called Theater of Tragedy, if that helps.

It's like a thousand pages long. It's far beyond what I expect some guy on an imageboard to do for free.
>>
>>46832963
Probably just making it understandable in English. If SoS has an issue with confusing terminology, I can't imagine a game that's been translated into another language that's like it.
>>
>>46834634
You know, I thought about translating some other Polish RPG, the post-apocalyptic Neuroshima, but it's just too much work for me at the moment.

Plus, as in all translations, many jokes and other things would be lost in translation. And the "Dzikie Pola" would be extra hard, because they use old words and speech patterns, which creates extra theme. Guess one would have to read a bit of "Ogniem i Mieczem" in English, to get the hang of it.
>>
>>46834814
Are you Polish? We can edit your translation, just do it. Combat section is about 40 pages long with all mechanics, examples and equipment.
>>
>>46835090
40 pages is still plenty, but I might take a look. Though I can't find that Theater of Tragedy thingie that somebody mentioned, mostly 2ed rulebooks.
>>
File: 20f.jpg (56 KB, 840x461) Image search: [Google]
20f.jpg
56 KB, 840x461
>>46835169
>>
>>46835169
No pressure, but you'd be a pretty cool dude if you managed to do it.

But you're also a pretty cool dude even if you don't, anon.
>>
LAST TIME, ON "DEATH OF A SALESMAN"
>Whiskey!
>Violence!
>Ninja demon assassins!

Our two heroes, the merchant Toshiki and the once-noble ronin Hideki, have just survived an assassination attempt only lightly scathed. If the dagger left behind is honest in its warning, it was agents of the Koka clan who assailed them. Spending the night in a stable in this remote mountain town, both men have to wonder just what situation they've found themselves in.

Now, to understand some of the further events, I feel it's important I elaborate on some history. Again, this is as the GM tells it.

There are two historical "ninja" clans in Japan, the Iga and Koka/Koga. Both had their start as essentially little republic city-states, with little noble presence and a very loose relationship with the shogun. Lacking full complements of samurai and the materials for conventional warfare, they instead took the normal stealth and night-fighting training and elaborated upon it, at first becoming adept guerrilla fighters. After proving their worth in conflicts both as mercenaries and as main combatants, they earned a degree of fame, and members of the clans began to be hired for more, shall we say, specific purposes.
Over the course of centuries, the idea of the ninja took root, as well as the practices of these clans. Many ninja were simply ronin and the like hired to do sneaky shit, but the more specialized skills and expertise of these two clans set them apart. As the GM tells it, the Iga fucking loved gunpowder, while the Koka leaned on more subtle methods.
Of course, there was always a mixed relationship between these clans and the shogun and daimyo. They were as much a threat to feudal rule as an asset to its rulers. While the Koka managed to last into the Edo as official agents of the Tokugawa shgunate, the Iga clan was almost completely destroyed during the Sengoku Jidai when Oda Nobunaga invaded their realm and put it to the torch. Some escaped, of course, but Iga itself was gone.
>>
What happened with the kickstarter? Years since it was declared.
>>
>>46837175
So, the two men kept to themselves. Toshiki, having failed his Grit check to sleep well, busied himself with sewing up his clothing.

Why would the Koka be after them? This was the question on their minds- or at least, Toshiki's. Hideki felt he had the answer in his own history.
His virtue compelling him, the ronin told his story to the merchant, producing his papers and even the insignia on his katana's tang to support it. It felt good to confess, truly. If it was his fault that the attack happened, then he was at fault again for bringing someone else it into it, even accidentally. Honesty was a comfortable garment for Hideki, if no armor.
Toshiki, for his part, remained quiet, only thanking his companion for confessing. While he was still shaken, he was a practiced bastard, and gears began to turn. While most of his ideas revolved around methods of escape, a plan began to form on how he might just take advantage of this new and dangerous situation.

Come the morning, it was found that the assassins hadn't lied about one thing: there really was a festival being held. As the two men ventured back out into the town, the preparations for that evening's festivities were as plain to see as the sun. With the town bustling, and Toshiki eager both for a return to normalcy and some profit, it was decided that this was the perfect opportunity to sell spice.
But first, they made the obligatory stop at the town's constable.
>>
>>46838092
Australia stole it.
>>
File: the prize of india.jpg (726 KB, 1223x1195) Image search: [Google]
the prize of india.jpg
726 KB, 1223x1195
>>46838094
In this case, "constable" refers to a specific official whose job it was to be on-hand to provide information and direction to those who might need it. By law, they essentially had to be the most knowledgeable person in a town, being aware of all of its relevant laws.

This one reported that the town had a spice tax of 2 silver pieces per pound of goods. For those who don't know, that tax rate is god damn punitive. Noticing my distress, the constable inquired what exactly I was selling.
Apparently, the man liked black pepper. For half a pound (no small amount either), he wrote off that all our taxes were paid, and gave is a ticket indicating such.

Local laws in-hand, bribes paid, and cart still laden with goods, that feeling of normalcy was coming back already. After some shopping around, wherein Hideki had his outfit roughly repaired (intentionally so, as he wants to cultivate that "ronin look") and his heartplate replaced, the cart was set-up and converted to a stall in a middle-class looking area of the markets.
Lighting a small pipe of his own, Toshiki took a seat, and started hawking his fine wares. Hideki played bodyguard, with their two horses tied up behind.
>>
>>46837175
I'm excited.
>>
File: cash money.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
cash money.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1080
>>46838330
This is where the cosmic dice come into play, for indeed who happens through the market this day is up to the whims of fate and chance.

For some hours, no one pays more than a browsing interest.
A few more involved window shoppers come by, but while they are "interested," they never return.
Then a local patrol man comes around to ask if the taxes on these spices have been paid. The paperwork checks out, and Toshiki goes unmolested.

Then suddenly, fate acts. The GM has been rolling 5d10 and checking a rough table. He just rolled straight 10's.

The crows parts, and a man dressed in elaborate silks emerges into view, hints of tattoos showing at his neck and wrists. Forty men, all dressed in matching black silk uniforms, form his entourage. The boss starts to walk past the stall, stops, turns, takes a moment to admire the horses, then focuses his attention on Toshiki.
Suddenly, he's curious as to what we are selling.
Toshiki takes a breathe, forces a smile onto his face, and makes his pitch. He talks up and down on the value and the exotic nature of his wares. Foreign spices from across all the seas! What better to buy for a festival feast?

The boss decides to purchase a full pound of every spice in the cart, including tobacco and all the saffron Toshiki has on hand.

After a significant exchange of gold - the boss even throws in a fucking tip - Toshiki's smile is earnest. If this man enjoys such finery, surely he would be interested in fine Chinese silks?
Half of the party's stock of silk and another large sum of gold ryou later, the boss had a contemplative look on his face.
Would we like to enjoy the festival with him at his manor? It's not often men of taste come to this isolated town (and with the condition of the roads and the rampant banditry, no wonder).

There's a few moments of hesitation on the party's end. We realize shortly enough, though, that if he wanted us dead, we probably already would be. We can only accept.
>>
>>46839130
I can dig it. It's better be some huge demonic manor.
>>
>>46839130
The entourage departs, and we're left sitting there, somewhat baffled, cautious, and excited in equal measure.
The next course of action is obvious.

We must buy this man a gift.

Another hour, two gold coins, and a quick deal later, and we have an extremely fancy tanto to present the boss with. While the idea of gifting him the koka tanto occurred, it was almost immediately dismissed, because really, that's a death threat.

As twilight begins to threaten, we approach the manor where we were directed. Along the way, we pass the other manor where our assassins had been leading us; on the gate is a funeral plaque, signalling the death of its owner: the actual old man. A shudder passes through the two men.

Now, the boss' manor is a japanese castle, straight up. The actual feudal lord's castle stood looming over the town, but because of shogun bullshit, was now a dilapidated ruin. In all ways but the strictest legal sense, the man who was to play our host tonight surely ruled this town.
We were allowed through the gate, led across a grassy courtyard, up a stone ramp, told to leave the horses and cart in the stable, brought through another gate, and guided into the actual manor house. The walls were made of solid blocks of stone, and the entire exterior of the manor was likewise- a stark rarity, in Japan. The outside of the house was coated in paint of silver, and the interior in paint of gold. Ebony hardwood made up the interior flooring, and red oak the furniture. Tapestries, statues, and other signs of wealth flaunted the sheer opulence of this home. Toshiki was jealous.

Eventually, we were brought to a dining room, with one of those almost comically long tables at the center. This one must have been at least 20 feet long. We were seated at one end, while the boss was already waiting at the other.
Our gift was ferried over, accepted with a gracious nod, food and drink were produced, then the servants all disappeared off to- somewhere.
We talked.
>>
Dinner time. The abridged conversation and its consequences to follow.
>>
>>46840176

Eat faster, storyteller-sempai.
>>
File: Untitled.png (132 KB, 1026x755) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
132 KB, 1026x755
The stage is set for Gizka and her company of rogues and ne'er do wells to storm a cardinal's palace and face off with a troll.

I'll probably run the game tomorrow afternoon.
>>
>>46841410
Hype.
>>
>>46839598
The dinner talk was, for a time, pleasant enough. By which I mean, mostly pleasantries. Things turned more to business as they do (what brings you to town?), until finally the bossman takes a drink, carefully sets down his cup, and asks
>So why are the Koka trying to kill you?

To say that was a hiccup in the flow of conversation would be an understatement.

Hideki had been, and now continues to, playing at the dumb bodyguard act, so Toshiki steps up his game even harder. After it is acknowledged that it is bossman's job to know what goes on in his town, the merchant starts by explaining that he doesn't think there's any reason why the Koka should be after him. He then starts to lean on the power of blather, listing off in full detail the many other merchants, guilds, and various individuals of minor note he may have upset over the years during the course of his business.
Bossman cuts him off, repeating that yes, there is little reason why the Koka would be after him.

There's a moment of hesitation.
Toshiki rolls a Subterfuge check. Six motherfucking successes.
Bossman gets seven on his Observe.

The merchant's good eye flickers almost imperceptibly towards Hideki (who is currently pretending to be engrossed by a serving of gyoza), and our host notices.

>So what's his story?
The bossman asks.
>I think he tells it better.
Toshiki responds.

And so the whole spiel from the night before in the stable is repeated, papers and all.
The boss' first response to seeing the lineage scroll is "you should burn this."
>>
>>46841410
Sweet
>>
>>46843250
Bossman then proceeds to explain some things. For starters, the shogunate has reported that all of Hideki's clan is dead, but people have noticed that of all the heads staked outside the ruins of their ancestral castle, only Hideki's is merely a skull. He elaborates that the Shogunate has, in secret, posted a 700 gold bounty for the real head. A bounty that has now likely increased by 300 gold -
In this instant, a hilariously diverse span of emotion comes across Toshiki, as he realizes his companion is worth 1000 gold ryou
- on both of us.
And it's gone.

We tense up, awaiting some kind of ambush to coincide that reveal, but bossman brushes it off. "A drop in the bucket" to his fortune, apparently. Even more terrifying.

Now, he says, that he needs to think on what he's learned today. We're dismissed to watch the festival's fireworks from the manor's porch(es), and then guided by those omnipresent servants to a pair of bedrooms in the manor.

Hideki sleeps as well as he always does. Toshiki manages to sleep well enough. Until, sometime in those null hours after midnight, servants stepping lightly awaken us, fingers to their lips, and lead us down into the sublevels without any explanation other than that we were wanted.
>>
>>46843722
WEw
>>
>>46846376
You wew.
I ended up taking a nap.
Sue me, but I'm doing better than Jimbo.
>>
File: tumblr_o60zr2hK6P1qchm6do1_1280.jpg (198 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o60zr2hK6P1qchm6do1_1280.jpg
198 KB, 1280x720
This is pretty much how I picture ships in Ballad.
>>
>>46848040
for kh-wat purpose
>>
>>46847806
That's like a blind, deaf man saying "At least I'm doing better than the literally brain dead guy.".
>>
>>46848040
>Dedicated Carrer
>Runway barely long enough to launch a single plane
>Doesn't seem to be long enough to allow landings
>No apparent storage space for additional planes

I'll have to agree with >>46848127
>>
>>46812999
>You wouldn't download a pizza.

Screw you, anti-piracy advert! If I want to download a pizza or a handbag or a car, I will!
>>
>>46850562
Meh, you're too sea based - hang them underneath, like bats. Launch them ? Pah ! drop them !

only need a deck for recovery then - of course the skillful pilots just do a creeping prop hang back into their chosen slot......
>>
>>46852098
>needing a deck for landing
Ever played Crimson Skies? All you need is a hook
>>
File: Fantasy Playtest sheet.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Fantasy Playtest sheet.pdf
1 B, 486x500
In preparation for our playtest later, I've knocked up a roster for both participating forces.

Generally speaking, the Gizka company has an advantage in one-on-one combat. Gizka's entourage has a lot of skills and powerful weapons, plus a good number of short-ranged missile weapons. Gizka herself is a force to be reckoned with, armed with her small sword and parrying truncheon.

The Cardinal's men have a numerical advantage, with the added bonus of being able to fight in formation, which may negate their lack of skill and equipment. The troll, and the Cardinal's magical abilities are a potent ace in the hole.
>>
>>46852550
I'm really looking forward to this.
>>
>>46852550
This is gonna be fucking sexy.
>>
File: AAR 1.png (116 KB, 1495x734) Image search: [Google]
AAR 1.png
116 KB, 1495x734
The stage is set. The battle begins.

Both sides have deployed, and the game begins using the Dastardly Deeds section of the Chevauchee core book, covering stealth encounters.

We're ignoring most of the battle setup for this scenario, since we've got special objectives and such. Our engagement takes place in the last light of a sweltering Gallian summers day. While the burning sun dips below the horizon, an oppressive heat fills the alleyways. An unfortunate roll on the appropriate weather table means that any sprinting figure that rolls a 6 for his additional movement will be knocked down after completing the sprint.

The Gallian forces, composed of Cardinal LeStrange, his bodyguard Perrault, 12 Watchmen and the troll have to be divided into three groups; patrolling, stationary and reinforcements. We have four patrolling watchmen, four stationary watchmen armed with crossbows, with another four watchmen playing cards in the mansion's guard room as reinforcements. The troll is housed in a specially constructed stable, and will not enter the battle until the stealth phase is over. LeStrange and Perrault are having a frantic discussion in the mansion's courtyard, oblivious to the dark-cloaked infiltrators creeping towards them.

Gizka's company are free to deploy within 6" of their table edge. Her forces are divided into three rough groups. One, commanded by Markovic is aiming for the gate, with the intention of planting the keg of black powder carried by Vukoja.

Gizka heads up the second group, kept as a mobile reserve to assist either of her comrades should they get into trouble.

The final group are the most lightly armed. Swathed in coils of rope attached to iron grappling hooks, Srecko's command have been tasked with scaling the manor's crenelated wall.
>>
File: AAR 2.png (67 KB, 1585x447) Image search: [Google]
AAR 2.png
67 KB, 1585x447
>>46854127
A quick screenshot showing off Gizka's deployment.
>>
>>46854166
And the battlefield as a whole. Blue triangles indicate patrol points for the defenders, the explosion will indicate any noise markers generated during the infiltrator's turn.
>>
File: AAR 3.png (107 KB, 883x885) Image search: [Google]
AAR 3.png
107 KB, 883x885
>>46854187
>>
File: CRUSH WOLF LIKE CRUSH MONGOL.jpg (62 KB, 618x494) Image search: [Google]
CRUSH WOLF LIKE CRUSH MONGOL.jpg
62 KB, 618x494
>>46854127
I am prepared.
>>
>>46854202
Charge straight down the main street, they'll never expect it!
>>
File: AAR 4.png (105 KB, 939x937) Image search: [Google]
AAR 4.png
105 KB, 939x937
>>46854202
Infiltration Turn 1:
Nothing particularly exciting during the game's opening phase. Just some quiet scuttling from Gizka's rats. The narrow alleyways funnel the infiltrators towards the manor house, and the sentries protecting it.

One group of watchmen is descending into the sweltering maze of alleyways, towards the patrol marker in the square.

The second patrol is heading for the patrol marker at the junction.
>>
>>46854428
I'm a bit confused. Are you going through this as an example, or are we intended to give commands, like in a fecht?
>>
>>46854536
I'm just running through it as an example.
>>
File: AAR 5.png (103 KB, 876x876) Image search: [Google]
AAR 5.png
103 KB, 876x876
>>46854428
Infiltration Turn 2:
More scuttling from the infiltrators. Gizka's playing it pretty safe. No quick movements to alert the nearby sentries. Her group are intending to bypass the sentries and use ranged weapons to engage the crossbowmen on the walltop, leaving the patrolling watchmen to Srecko and his crew.

Markovic's heavies inch down the right hand alleyways, matched by the patrolling watchmen on the opposite end, plodding down the cobbled street.
>>
>>46854548
It'd take a gorillion years to actually play a game of this in fecht format, this is probably a better idea.
>>
File: AAR 6.png (97 KB, 878x822) Image search: [Google]
AAR 6.png
97 KB, 878x822
>>46854594
Infiltration Turn 3:
The patrol on the left marches closer to their final destination. Gizka's forces are almost clear of the square, while Srecko's men lie in wait, readying a nasty surprise once the patrol gets closer.

The card game in the guard room is over, and another two watchmen snatch up their spears and head out into the sweltering twilight. Sweating into their gambesons, they set out towards the main gate, heading towards the patrol point in the warren of alleyways to the right.
>>
>>46854727
Infiltration Turn 4:
Another quiet turn. Srecko leaves his two companions in place, darting down another shadowy alleyway, ready to cut down anyone that survives the ambush.

Another guard leaves the guard room, flinching as a booming roar rattles the boarded up stable door.
>>
File: 1460760601292.gif (3 MB, 600x513) Image search: [Google]
1460760601292.gif
3 MB, 600x513
>>46854727
Blyin just get to the blood already cyka
>>
File: AAR 7.png (96 KB, 876x782) Image search: [Google]
AAR 7.png
96 KB, 876x782
>>46854824
>>
File: 45296459_p0.jpg (973 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
45296459_p0.jpg
973 KB, 1280x968
>>46854727
When will they start dickstabbing each other?
>>
>>46855047
Did you die?
>>
>>46856545
Sorry about that, real life called.
>>
>>46857430
It happens to the best of us.
>>
>>46857430
> Prioritising real life over your online pretend soldier games

Anon pls.
>>
>>46857513
Disgracefur dispray
>>
File: AAR 9.png (104 KB, 875x880) Image search: [Google]
AAR 9.png
104 KB, 875x880
>>46855047
Infiltration Turns 5 and 6:
Turn 5 was pretty uneventful, more jockying for position and the deployment of the last watchman held in reserve.

Turn 6 begins with Boza, the sword-armed member of Srecko's party, utilizing one of the many tools available to the infiltrators; a Distraction. This immediately moves the closest sentry 2" down the alleyway and places a noise marker. The wiry Dacian must've thrown some rocks or tipped over a nearby barrel.

Hearing the commotion, Srecko slips around a corner, finding himself face to face with a spear-armed watchmen, squinting through the narrow slit of his sallet. He's within 12" which forces a detection check!

Srecko dives into a nearby doorway, pressing his cloaked form into the shadowy arch. He's passed the detection roll, and the turn continues.

Juric nocks an arrow to his bow and darts out of cover, firing an arrow at the guard drawn further down the alley by Boza's distraction. In his haste, the arrow pings off the dusty brick walls, clattering against the cobbles. The sentry lets out a bark of alarm and hurls himself down the alley, bringing himself close enough to Juric to spot him by default, sounding the alarm!
>>
>>46858007
You should display some of the mechanical side of things. Rolls and the like, to demonstrate how the system actually works.
>>
>>46837175
>>46838094
>>46838330
>>46839130
>>46839598
>>46843250
>>46843722
I really enjoy reading your story please tell me it's going to be Ninja Scroll
>>
File: AAR 10.png (102 KB, 943x855) Image search: [Google]
AAR 10.png
102 KB, 943x855
>>46858007
Alarm!:

When the alarm sounds, each figure on the defending side makes a 3" move. The sentries in the road start back towards the manor gate. Perrault shouts for his charge to get inside, drawing his greatsword from its sheath.

In the alleyways, Juric receives a free missile attack against the sentry who detected him, which he manages to miss even at point blank range.

The other patrolling sentry piles in behind, spear at the ready.
>>
File: These tits cannot be calmed.gif (68 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
These tits cannot be calmed.gif
68 KB, 320x180
>>46858212
>Incoming buttstabbing
>>
File: AAR 11.png (98 KB, 875x816) Image search: [Google]
AAR 11.png
98 KB, 875x816
>>46858212
Gizka Battle Turn 1:
The Gizka company gets the opening turn of the battle. Rolling for activations gives us 2 Charge actions which allows a figure to either charge or fire a missile weapon, but not move, 1 normal activation, where a figure may move and shoot/charge and 1 Scurry action where a figure may move without provoking reaction fire.

We assign one of the charge actions to Juric who darts out of the alleyway, brandishing his curved knife. His weapon gives him 1 Kill Dice and 1 Shock Dice to roll against the target, with two re-rolls against unarmoured targets. His attack misses completely, giving the watchman a chance to retaliate. The watchman's spear is a simple piercing weapon, allowing him to roll 2 Kill Dice and 1 Shock Dice against the unfortunate Dacian. The watchman also fails to hit.

Our second charge action is assigned to Srecko, who is also armed with a serrated knife. He hurtles down the alleyway, crashing into the watchman before he can bring his spear to bear. Like Juric, Srecko rolls 1 Kill Dice and 1 Shock dice, with two re-rolls against unarmoured targets. Thankfully Srecko rolled a 6 on his re-roll, slashing the guard's throat and taking him out of action.

On the other side of the battlefield, we assign the normal activation to Kosar who moves forward and issues the Form Up order to Vukoja. Vukoja moves 1d6" up behind his commander.

The last activation is a scurry, which we'll assign to Markovic. The balding second-in-command quickly catches up with Kosar, ready to bring his powerful blunderbuss to bear against the sentries in the road.
>>
>>46858796
>blunderbuss
>in an alley fight
Things are going to get messy.
>>
File: AAR 12.png (82 KB, 844x774) Image search: [Google]
AAR 12.png
82 KB, 844x774
>>46858796
LeStrange Battle Turn 1:
The Cardinal's forces roll their activation dice, acquiring two scurry actions and two normal actions. Both scurry rolls are given to the two watchmen in the road, who dash back towards the gate, safe under cover of the marksmen on the wall-top. Both watchmen roll 6s for their sprints, allowing them to stagger into place in line beside their comrades in front of the open gate.

One of the normal activations is assigned to the remaining watchman in the alleyways. He lets out a defiant string of curses in Gallian and lunges at Juric with his spear, again rolling 2 Kill Dice and 1 Shock Dice. Armed with only a knife, there is little the hapless Dacian can do to defend against a well-thrust spear. The point punches through his jacket and cloak, gutting him like a fish. He's out of the fight for good.

The remaining normal activation goes to Perrault, who slips through the open gate to join the ragged line of watchmen in front of the manor. In addition to moving, he issues the Stay Alert order to the nearest crossbowman, allowing him to use Kill Dice when making Guard Fire attacks.
>>
>>46859055
RIP all those dacians. I'll predict no survivors.
>>
File: 1408090267993.jpg (95 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
1408090267993.jpg
95 KB, 800x541
>>46859055
>Armed with only a knife
Who thought bringing a knife to a spear fight was a good idea? He should've tried to throw it.
>>
File: AAR 13.png (105 KB, 1179x924) Image search: [Google]
AAR 13.png
105 KB, 1179x924
>>46859055
Gizka Battle Turn 2:
Our next set of activation dice give us 3 normal activations and 1 charge.

We assign the charge action to Boza, who brandishes his notched arming sword and launches himself down the alleyway, grinding Juric's bloodsoaked corpse into the cobbles. Boza has charged so he strikes first, rolling 2 Kill Dice and 1 Shock Dice. The versatile quality allows him to re-roll 1 shock dice.

The spearman is ready for him, parrying every cut with deft movements of his weapon. The counter attack follows swiftly. A flurry of thrusts drive the Dacian back, each one narrowly diverted by Boza's bowl-shaped buckler.

The first standard activation goes to Gizka. With the snaplock pistol readied in one hand, her sword in the other, she races to the alley mouth, startling one of the crossbowmen on the walltop. Since Gizka entered his line of sight, he makes the Guard Fire reaction, rolling 1 Shock Dice against her. His shot goes wide, skittering off the sun-baked cobbles. Smirking, Gizka aims her pistol and discharges a cloud of foul-smelling smoke into the twilight. The lead ball rings off the crossbowman's kettle helm, knocking down behind the crenelations.

Kosar and Markovic take the second and third standard activations. Kosar sprints through the maze of alleyways, his target the line of men outside the gate. Markovic is hot on his heels, ordering Vukoja up behind with a Form Up order.
>>
>>46861807
Don't disturb the dead, lad.
>>
File: blank stare.jpg (28 KB, 400x222) Image search: [Google]
blank stare.jpg
28 KB, 400x222
>>46861844
>>
>>46852177
You don't even need to play Crimson Skies for that. It's not the the Akron and Macon had flight decks, either.
>>
File: tumblr_o5zvn3mDTh1rtxbwno1_1280.jpg (117 KB, 1280x1084) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o5zvn3mDTh1rtxbwno1_1280.jpg
117 KB, 1280x1084
>>46861844
Speaking of the dead, guess who announced his return to the world of the living?
Our very own drawfag.
>>
>>46862444
That's really nice!
>>
>>46862444
Who is this supposed to be? Reminds me of my high school gym teacher.
>>
>>46862559
Now he just needs to come back to our threads.
>>46862638
Our favorite suicidal, homosexual finnish.
>>
>>46862444
Nice to see this gay Mongolian back
>>
How good are pikes in a duel in SOS, since they were supposed to be really good at it in real life?
>>
>>46862857
>pikes
>good
>in a duel
>>
>>46862857
>How good are pikes in a duel in SOS
Not particularly good, though they can make make it fairly difficult for an attacker to get to you in the first place.

>since they were supposed to be really good at it in real life?
No, they weren't. For dueling, you'll want a spear with a length of up to maybe 2.5 metres. A full-length pike is far too wobbly and unwieldy to be well suited for 1 on 1 combat.
>>
>>46862909
according to http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/paradoxes.html one of the best wepons in a duel is a "morris pike" aka a standard 4+ meter pike.
>>
>>46862992
>Paradoxes of Defence
You rapier is shit!
SHIIIIT!!
>>
>>46862909
Use it like a massive quarterstaff
>dat reach
>>
>>46862992
Anon, this book was written by the Elizabethan equivalent of an angry neckbeard. I'm surprised he recommended a pike rather than talking about cleaving hafts with a backsword.
>>
>>46862444
So he got off the boat before Jimmy delivered?

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>46863604
Jimmy will successfully kickstart Call of the Void before SoS, mark my words.
>>
>>46863365
Silver was a bit on the crazy side.
>>
>>46858181
>spoiler
Even we players have yet to see what the next arc entails. But thanks to folks like you, I know I can continue telling the first.

I'll put that movie on The List.
>>
>>46863639
Shit, *Exalted 3e* actually beat SoS.
>>
>>46862444
Is he gonna continue the comic?
>>
>>46864655
Oh wow, that puts things in context.
>>
>>46864655
Exalted 3e has something known as budget.

SOS still hasn't had it's fucking long awaited kickstarter
>>
>>46865995
Also, exalted 3e still has parts that reference abandoned mechanics and is actually worse edited than SOS is at this point
>>
File: 1460458611006.jpg (2 MB, 4739x1074) Image search: [Google]
1460458611006.jpg
2 MB, 4739x1074
>>46866044
>worse edited than SoS
That's a dire accusation.
>>
>>46865995
Which all went to plagiarizing artists, from what I understand.
>>
>>46866482
Oh come now, who hasn't plagiarized some artists here and there?
>>
>>46866482
The latest version has fixed most of the formatting problems and the famous stolen art.
>>
>>46866614
Meant in the sense of "artists who plagiarize", but

>>46866626
>The latest version has fixed most of the formatting problems and the famous stolen art.

That's interesting, I didn't think they'd bother.
>>
>>46865430
He better.
>>
>>46866614
The Opaque guys haven't, though they've done everything else.
>>
>>46870220
They're really heavily based characters on other things. Does that count?
>>
I hope Opaque realizes that if they want to get the Fantasy crowd hooked, they need monster and magic rules for 2.0. The KS beta will be their first real chance at introducing people. If they botch it they won't get much of the fantasy crowd.
>>
>>46815299
>>46815362
Other /kurwa/ here
Its called Osełedec in polish. Also known as Czub/Czupryna or Khokhol in russian
An element of traditional Ukrainian Cossack haircut. It features a lock of hair sprouting from the top or the front of an otherwise closely shaven head.
>>
>>46874566
It's too short and wide for an oseledec. More like a really close bowl cut.
>>
File: polish osełedec.jpg (126 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
polish osełedec.jpg
126 KB, 500x423
>>46874677
Thats one of the osełedec variations
>>
>>46871950
no, because that is funny. and like the ancient samurais said "Lols wash away all dishonor."
>>
>>46874854
It's true. The proper response to dishonorable activity is either suicide or a well-timed dick joke.
>>
>>46865430
He only quit it because of the navy, right?
So he really ought to.
Sadly, he probably have not improved any since then.
>>
>>46875733
>navy
>not improved
>navy
Anon, he probably got more gay, and that's good for the comic.
>>
>>46875874
Has anyone actually made contact with him to ask if he's continuing, or has he abandoned us?
>>
>>46876017
send him an ask on tumblr, I guess?
>>
>>46876059
Does he have one other than the comic one?

Where did that guy see he was back, anyway? Drawfag threads?
>>
>>46876124
Yeah, he is coffee-khan on tumblr. I am on my iPhone and tumblr don't work good on this old piece of crap.
>>
I'm angry. ANGRY ABOUT FAE.
>>
>>46859918
Sorry for the delay folks, had to step away from my computer yesterday. To avoid that happening again, I'll play through the rest of the battle and get a condensed write-up together.
>>
>>46863652
He was right about not trusting Italians though.
>>
>>46879215
Well no shit, you might as well say he was also right about the sky being blue.
>>
>>46879239
The sky's not always blue, though.
>>
>>46879252
That's exactly what an Italian would say.
>>
>>46876149
Guess I need to make a goddamn Tumblr, then.
>>
>>46881174
I don't think you need to. Anyone can give an ask. just click his 'ask' button.
>>
File: AAR 17.png (102 KB, 1178x905) Image search: [Google]
AAR 17.png
102 KB, 1178x905
>>46879202
The tide of battle swings back and forth like a crazed child on a see-saw. Gizka faces off against the troll in front of the manor gate, taking a monstrous hit, but surviving by a very slim margin. Pieces of Perrault's armour lay smote on the cobbles, their owner flying through the shattered manor gates after a couple of rounds against Gizka's rapier.

Further down the road, Markovic stands wreathed in a cloud of sulpherous smoke, unloading volley after volley from his blunderbuss. He's driven a crossbowman off the wall-top and put a couple of watchmen to flight, unwilling to hold the line in the face of a hail of lead shot.

Kosar lies curled up around his maul, mewling like a child with a Gallian spear-head broken off in his guts. His attacker's brains are spread across the alley wall, distributed by Vukoja who stands in a doorway, gasping for breath.

Drasko counts his shafts in the mouth of an alleyway, surveying the now deserted wall-top. A limp arm hangs between the crenelations, a testament to the Dacian's expert marksmanship.

In an anonymous alleyway, a Gallian watchman leans heavily on his spear, surveying the spitted corpses of two Dacian infiltrators, their serrated knives hanging slack in lifeless hands. He's earned his marks today, should he survive the battle.

Cardinal LeStrange is frantically checking the charge on his wheel-lock pistol, rummaging through his desk for the incantation given to him by the Northern wise-woman.
>>
>>46882294
I've done so. The only thing to do now is wait to see if he has abandoned us.
>>
>>46882429
Shoulda brought more guns.
>>
>>46882429
Delivery never?
>>
>>46886794
Real life is pretty terrible.
>>
>>46883321
I wouldn't be surprised.
Fucker probably got himself his own "Zell" too.
>>
>>46890230
Fuckin queerfags
>>
>>46890230
Isn't he from some Nordic country? That's fraternizing with the enemy!
>>
>>46890230
>You will never live in a country right next to Slav Central
Feels Good man.
>>
File: 1461036939098.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1461036939098.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>Go to work
>Try to be chipper delivery guy
>Phone is stolen
>College kids don't tip
Even free chicken wings cannot heal this sorrow. I'm going to try to release something soon, to cheer myself up.
>>
>>46896631
>instead your country will be full of kebab
>>
>>46897734
Shit Jimmy. I hope your week picks up. Have some good tunes; https://youtu.be/yvPr9YV7-Xw
>>
>>46897734
College kids are either the worst tippers in the world or the best. It depends on how drunk they are, the phase of the moon, and the alignment of Jupiter with Alpha Centauri
>>
>>46900541
Also even odds they might be tipping you in weed. Or expect you to sell them some on the side.
>>
File: PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA.png (98 KB, 1710x366) Image search: [Google]
PIZZA PIZZA PIZZA.png
98 KB, 1710x366
>>46900541
>>46900590
College Kids + Wacky Tobacco + Pizza = pic related
>>
>The act of tipping
>The only way to keep wages in shit labour so low they all don't get outsourced to Mexicans and whatnot
Should've unionized.
>>
File: 1457393068828.jpg (60 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1457393068828.jpg
60 KB, 640x360
>>46901749
I'd sooner blow a flammenwerfer than work another union gig. Bunch of mobsters and faggots. It's bad enough the state takes 20%, now some cucks want more? Fuck them.
>>
>>46902191
I've always maintained that if the unions want so bad to preserve the markets against abuse, that they should trust the god damn markets themselves. If you need to lobby through laws to make sure people pay you if not join you, then your product obviously isn't that desirable anymore.
As for the outright socialists, well, it's just to be expected.
>>
>>46804691
>that guy in the back right
>>
>>46838094
>modernity in the background
>houses that look like soviet-era shit
>>
Quick I need that picture of Jimmy Rome describing his day as a typical Roman and then saying you're even gayer than him.
>>
File: 1393635161301.jpg (207 KB, 1206x663) Image search: [Google]
1393635161301.jpg
207 KB, 1206x663
>>46886794
>>46887968

Yeah, sorry folks. I work 9-5 during the week and spend my weekends trying not to enable my inner basement troglodyte. However, I come bearing good news.

Jimmy's given me the go ahead on a Tattered Realms wargame. It's gonna be powered by Chevauchee for the most part, but I'm making a good few modifications.

It's called the Canticle of Broken Lances, and it'll cover warfare across the Voscan continent, will all the weirdness that entails. Want to recreate dwarf vs goblin tunnel fights in the Kalkatts? Want to see the Volkodavs kick the shit out of some Marju? I'm hoping to bring it all to life.

There'll be a pretty big focus on the individuality of the various nations and their armed forces, with miniature skill tables and traits for each. All figures will have access to an expanded set of general skills.

I've got a few notes on the Rat War Militia that I'll share with you now.

Their armoury is pretty limited, but they've got good access to ranged weapons including matchlock muskets and blunderbusses.

Their "unit trait" as it were is their poor morale. If a Rat Wars Militiaman breaks within 6" of one of his comrades, that figure suffers a one shock dice hit.

Each Militiaman starts with one roll on their personalized skill table:
>Mob Courage: When attacked by melee or missile weapons, re-roll one successful shock dice if another militiaman is within 3".
>Indentured Labourers: +1 Shock Dice when using weapons with the Heavy tag.
>Dacian Rush: +1 Kill Dice when charging while wielding short and medium melee weapons.
>Riot: +1 to all grapple rolls for each figure with this skill within 1".
>Gutter Fight: +1 Kill Dice when shooting at targets within 6"
>For Hearth and Home: Will automatically rally while fighting on Dacian soil.
>>
>>46902377
>have not published game
>begin work on in-house spinoff
>get third party spinoff
>also discussed localizing a polish game upthread
I've heard of putting the cart before the horse, but you can't even see the horse any more from where OI put this fucking cart.
>>
>>46902487
>also discussed localizing a polish game upthread

Didn't everybody say "too much of a hassle" in the end?
>>
File: 1436561499974.png (155 KB, 1416x1003) Image search: [Google]
1436561499974.png
155 KB, 1416x1003
>>46902334
Either we don't mean the same picture, or you are imagining it being by jimmy. Or he just had a different name for that one.
Anyways, here.
>>
>>46902487
I'm pretty sure the Polish game was for trolling purposes. Plus, Chavez, as I am now calling Chevaucheeanon because it's a bitch to wrote his name with my phone's autocorrect, can basically write whatever he wants by himself, on his own time.
>>
>>46902536
>Or he just had a different name for that one.
He did. It's the same human being behind the computer though, as much as we may sometimes prefer to pretend those don't exist.
>>
>>46902536
It was confirmed to be Jimmy much later. It's the Galt references.
>>
>>46902579
The polish game was the progenitor of TRoS, so it's somewhat relevant.
>>
>>46902487
Gotta get them stretch goals.
>>
>>46902637
Alright, I'm Polish and I've been coming into this thread for the last few days for some reason.

What's TRoS?
>>
>>46902637
Nah, it's too different. TRoS seems to be inspired more by 7th Sea.
>>
>>46902588
To say nothing of the Joaqin Phoenix posting.
"I recognize that avatar faggotry. You're one of Galts men, aren't you?"

>>46902694
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddle_of_Steel#Influences

>>46902674
The Riddle of Steel, the game that Song of Swords is trying to be a direct successor to.
>>
>>46902674
The Riddle of Steel, legendary jewel of combat and dickstabbing. Old RPG from 2001 that spawned numerous successors.
>>
>>46902716
>literally [citation needed]
>>
>>46902674
The Riddle of Steel, a very simulationist game about martial combat by which Song of Swords was originally inspired.

>>46902723
If by "numerous" you mean "like three, and none so great as SoS which will never reach kickstarter much less release".
>>
>>46902716
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Riddle_of_Steel#Influences
Bollocks. I read Dzikie Pola and posted about it here, it's way different. Read the article, that guy considers mere fact of mentioning Rzeczpospolita major inspiration for the game.
>>
>>46902774
>you mean "like three
More like 5 and counting
>>
>>46902756
I don't think Baltimore HEMA teachers are too versed in older Polish-language fencing RPGs, personally.
>>
>>46902814
Song of Swords
Band of Bastards
Blade of the Iron Throne
Burning Wheel, by association
Hypothetical Riddle of Steel 2e?
>>
>>46902876
Enigma of Steel or something like that
>>
Any other /kurwa/ in here?

I decided to translate the Dzikie Pola combat in my spare time, but for the life of mine I don't know how to translate "cięcie z zamachem" and "cięcie rdzenne".
>>
>>46902909
Have they actually announced something?
>>
>>46903802
>cięcie z zamachem
Literally yдap c зaмaхoм, powerful blow
>cięcie rdzenne
Apparently it's strike to the body: head, torso, chest, belly and shoulders. Cięcie wręczne is mainly strike to the limbs, mainly hands. Although in the game it's shown as strike to the head.
>>
>>46902588
There is no God but Galt, and Jimmy is His prophet.
>>
File: zagloba_informatyk.jpg (85 KB, 1200x657) Image search: [Google]
zagloba_informatyk.jpg
85 KB, 1200x657
>>46904414
Cięcie rdzenne is actually "common slash in an arc from the forearm aimed at head, arm, body or leg" if I'm not mistaken in translation.

So basically you just swing from your elbow, where in cięcie z zamachem you swing from the shoulder. Guess I can use that for the name.

Thanks for the help. Have a silly picture.
>>
>>46904579
Now I noticed that I've written almost exactly the same thing as you. Bugger.
>>
>>46903865
They split into two teams, BotIT and BoB. I'm pretty sure there were 2 or 3 more games announced by fans that died early in the development.
>>
File: 1366174497210.jpg (35 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
1366174497210.jpg
35 KB, 624x352
>>46905010
You mean like Song of Swords?
>>
>>46905363
Tssh, it's undead abomination. We don't talk about it.
>>
>>46905010
You aren't thinking of Song of Steel, are you?
>>
>>46906811
That's BoB
>>
File: 1461279125636.png (209 KB, 1086x5437) Image search: [Google]
1461279125636.png
209 KB, 1086x5437
>>46904579
Zagloba looks like my uncle. I wish my uncle went around tricking idiots and fighting Swedes.
>>
File: 1460675401891.jpg (248 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1460675401891.jpg
248 KB, 1200x1200
>>46902377
For the record, while I did support this idea because it sounded cool and Chev brings fresh stuff to the table, this isn't us branching out into yet another side project while the main game is unfinished. Chev's just a cool guy who wants to make a cool game, and we're going to help him out if he needs it on the side.
I have the highest confidence in the man.
>>
>>46909540
What is that, an SKS?
>>
>>46911271
Or some variant there of, yeah.
>>
>>46911486
Neat.
>>
>>46816637
>Chevauchee

What is this and who are you?
>>
>>46915006
Some anon made a wargame.
>>
>>46916458
Is it based off SoS mechanics? Is it realistic?
>>
>>46916884
>Is it based off SoS mechanics?
Not hugely, no. The main relation is that it strives to be fairly historical, so there's some obvious crossover with these threads. Doubly so now that he decided to make a Tattered Realms offshoot for it.

>Is it realistic?
I've only given it a quick once over, but I'd say decently so. It's of course fairly abstracted as wargames tend to be, but it seems to represent the reality of things fairly decently. Combats can go on for a while without an instant kill, and it seems like it's often just as likely that a fighter will simply break and run instead of everything just going for instant kills. Of particular interest is that it's got a fairly detailed modular weapon system that allows you to represent a good variety of historical weapons.
>>
>>46908285
Mine sits at home all day and complains about Italians and Jews. Is that close enough?
>>
>>46800104
>penetrating plate armor with swords

Why is this bullshit being associated with the good name of Song of Swords?
>>
>>46919037
Ahh, well, you see, obviously they leave patches of aluminum over the shoulderblades that can be easily pierced by swords, to keep things fair. Like shields having holes to hit the elbow in older versions of SoS.
>>
File: pu_Artesia_Afire_102-103.jpg (1 MB, 1976x1523) Image search: [Google]
pu_Artesia_Afire_102-103.jpg
1 MB, 1976x1523
>>46919037
It's literally magic. In the setting, the arms and armour of many soldiers are enchanted out the ass, some even have spirits bound to them.
>>
>>46919037
You can do in SoS or TRoS very easily. In the comic warriors can pray to gods or seek magician to pump your Strength to supernatural levels.
>>
File: Artesia Afield 117.jpg (472 KB, 982x1518) Image search: [Google]
Artesia Afield 117.jpg
472 KB, 982x1518
>>46919037
Somebody was going to run campaign of this bullshit. Guy should've left his contact info here. All four Artesiafags on /tg/ go to this thread.
>>
>>46919037
RAW, most level 5 wounds have you bisecting armour with arming swords.
>>
>>46919794
Not necessarily. RAW you could be using the optional metal armour rule. With that rule in play, arming swords would just be breaking bones and bruising internal organs on level 5 wounds. Still a tall order, though significantly less fantastical than the alternative.
>>
>>46919794
If you can do that much damage.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 58

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.