[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is intended as a one-off unless someone with less of a schedule
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: rats.jpg (49 KB, 450x230) Image search: [Google]
rats.jpg
49 KB, 450x230
This is intended as a one-off unless someone with less of a schedule wants to adopt it:

You don't know how it happened, perhaps by that weird fluid you drank, or perhaps by the position of the moon, but you now "are". After the initial shock of waking up in the morning to the realization that your paws belong to you, and that you are am, you ponder your next course of action amidst panic, horror, and hyperventilation:

What do you do?
>>
Check our surroundings.
>>
>>46708942
Establish location. Make sure we're safe.
>>
>>46709059

Safely snug in your dwelling behind the giant green rock, you don't think anyone's noticed you yet. Then again, why would anyone notice you? You smack your head repeatedly to try and get yourself focused. Around the edge of the green rock, you hear common sounds of commotion you've heard every day of your life.
>>
>>46709134

forgot name
>>
Aside from sapience, what else has changed? Have we grown larger or otherwise physically changed? Longer hind legs to accomplish a bipedal stance or improved manual dexterity?

Are we Splinter?
>>
>>46709157

Aside from a splitting headache, everything else seems healthy and normal for you.
>>
>>46708942
Do we have any food with us? Let's check our immediate surroundings in closer detail.
>>
>>46709134
Investigate the commotion and see how your new... life perspective changes your experiences.
>>
>>46709134
Eat. Fuck. Fight.
>>
Rolled 93 (1d100)

Rolling for super-muroidea powers.
>>
File: Chinatown.jpg (2 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
Chinatown.jpg
2 MB, 2400x1600
>>46709202

Checking to see if anything happened to your storage supply overnight, you are relieved to see that there is still plenty of tummy-filler in those giant, black food balls to keep you going for awhile. The green rock has never failed you.

>>46709205

Investigating the noise, you are immediately blasted in the face with painful, searing multi-colored lights upon turning the corner. You had ventured past the green rock before in the past, but you guess that you had simply tuned out such surrounding before, only focused on finding tummy-filler.

>>46709285

This isn't how this quest works, but I'll keep that in mind...
>>
What's the objective really?
>>
>>46709357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBw6nVvJSo
>>
>>46709369
So I guess we search for a chef that isn't really good at his job and is stuck with peeling potatoes. We offer him our help, because we are obviously smart. We hide in his hat and teach him how to cook. We will take over the world with gourmet.
>>
>>46709341
Nice twist.

Let's do a little bit of reconnassiance around the area to prevent anything sneaking up on us.

>>46709357
I think the objective should be to track down where the mysterious fluid came from and work from there so we have a purposeful investigation to do.
>>
>>46709429
Oh I thought we are mad scientist like Hyde.
>>
>>46709341
Well, if we're in some kind of Chinese quarter, maybe we can find some ginger in one of those giant, black food balls.
>>
>>46709429

You succeed in piling some shredded outer-layer of a food bag over the squeeze that leads behind the green rock into your dwelling. If anything is about to disturb you, it'll have to loudly remove that first.
>>
>>46709429
Actually yeah, do we recall anything about that weird fluid we drank? A bottle or container, maybe?
>>
>>46709583

You remember that the fluid dribbled out of some clear container thrown in the green rock. In fact, you actually manage to relocate the container. There is a small amount of thick substance leftover, but the thought of consuming it again makes you involuntarily seize rigid, gagging. You're already in pretty bad shape as it is.
>>
>>46709683
Try to secure the container. It may just help us figure out our next few moves once our headache settles.
>>
>>46709683
>You're already in pretty bad shape as it is.

Let's find something to eat.
>>
File: hamburger.jpg (148 KB, 940x626) Image search: [Google]
hamburger.jpg
148 KB, 940x626
>>46709744
>>46709724

Resting against a wall, you manage to place the containers lid back on with a satisfying pop. Wall and pop, those are new words...

You also manage to find your favorite food ball item while you located the lid, which is flesh strings. You feel much better.
>>
>>46709867
Imagine when we discover you can heat the flesh strings along with some herbs.

But yeah, I guess rest for a while, pondering your existence and purpose in life. Find new words.

Ceiling. Electricity. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Try to enunciate them.
>>
>>46709867
Clean yourself.
>>
>>46709968
>>46710006

Seconding both.
>>
>>46709968

(you're not really learning words, but more like internally realizing the existence of certain nouns and verbs)

>>46710006

You are suddenly very aware of how much food water and dirt you have covering yourself. After a very panicked and rushed clean, you now have a rich, brown coat of hair. Now made softer by your hygiene, you hug yourself, finding comfort from today's events in doing so.
>>
>>46710126
Let's just keep hugging. Maybe find someone else to hug. This shit is nice.
>>
>>46710126
Look at the container - does it have any pictures on it?
>>
>>46710126
Search for a place to sleep.
>>
>>46710175
Pictures, letters, maybe some kind of symbol etched into the surface.
>>
>>46710175
>>46710231

No shapes, mostly just plain, uninteresting foot-walker scribbles.
>>
>>46710126
Do we know of any other rats nearby? Maybe we could... recruit them as test subjects. Give them just a drop of the liquid and see what happens.

Maybe they'll become self-aware, but subservient to us.
>>
>>46710270
We need something to store the liquid in. We don't need a footwalker stealing it all while our back is turned.
>>
File: cupnoodles.jpg (27 KB, 570x362) Image search: [Google]
cupnoodles.jpg
27 KB, 570x362
>>46710270

You have seen others while venturing past the green rock. However, you're pretty isolated in your location for the most part.

>>46710307

There IS a food juice shell laying in your dwelling.
>>
>>46710390
Let's pour the liquid in the food shell and then have a wider look around, see if we can see anyone going out of the back of kitchens, etc.
>>
>>46710681

Now carrying your cup of fluid, you do seem to notice that beside the green rock stands a structure that foot-walkers come out of to drop off food balls. It smells nice inside.
>>
>>46710716
Try to use our latent psychic powers to make a foot-walker bring us the thing that smells nice.
>>
>>46710716
Can we get to a half-opened window or some such and see what the foot-walkers are doing?
>>
>>46710840

Struggling to pull yourself up the giant structure, you do manage to reach an opening, revealing a fair amount foot-walkers inside, handling food.
>>
>>46711099
Observe them. What are they doing with the food? Are they just... putting it in the food balls and leaving it outside? They run you and your kin off when they see you near the food balls, but then why leave them there if not for you?
>>
>>46711237

Guys, I did warn you about this, but I have to go now. I might be back, but feel free to appoint a new mod while I'm gone.
>>
>>46711260
No worries, guy. Take care.
>>
>>46711260
don't worry about it.
>>
Does anyone want to rise up and become new OP?
>>
>>46712113
Guess not. :<
>>
>>46712113
>>46713386
I could OP, but there might be a lot of improv and I'd only run for a few hours.
>>
>>46713688
Better than whatever else is going on, it seems.

Time to take over the world through cooking and making rats sentient.
>>
RIP Splinter Quest.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.