[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cleric making 9600 gallons of water a day?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: c.jpg (93 KB, 700x808) Image search: [Google]
c.jpg
93 KB, 700x808
I am a DND3.5 plater and now learning PF

I found that a cleric in PF, can use unlimited times of 0 level spell.And create water is a 0 level spell.

Assume a 1 level cleric work 8 hr a day and cast one create water per 6 seconds.
He can produce 2x10x60x8=9600gallon of water a day

And according to Starvation and Thirst rules, " a Medium characters need at least a gallon of fluids and about a pound of decent food per day to avoid starvation. (Small characters need half as much.) In very hot climates, characters need two or three times as much water to avoid dehydration."

So a cleric can produce water for a whole desert town with thousands of population.

is that a bit stupid or I misunderstand it ?
>>
File: image.jpg (727 KB, 1920x902) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
727 KB, 1920x902
>>46682769
Yes, that is correct. In all likelihood, however, even desert settlements will be built around water sources. Otherwise when your cleric dies or leaves town to go adventure they'd all die of dehydration.
>>
>>46682769
>is that a bit stupid
It's Pathfinder. If you break the game with a cantrip, the designers will just say it's magic so of course it's meant to be powerful.
>>
>>46682769
It's a cleric. They aren't casting magic, their god is performing miracles through them.
And any self respecting god is far more likely to lead the settlement to a water source.
>>
>>46682154
>>
>>46683108
thats making sense.
but imagine that. a whole tribe with a thousand people, moving across the desert with a cleric as the only resources of water. Isn't it a crazy idea
>>
>>46683186
Still, they'd probably want to have multiples, if only for redundancy. And if the cleric, and therefore their god or goddess, is so important to their lives and livelihood, they're not especially likely to lack in aspirants to the priesthood.
>>
>>46683186
You're talking about that bible guy aren't you
>>
>>46683232
Nah God provided Moses with clouds to shield them from sun and water. Moses merely led them.
>>
>>46683335
That's what every cleric is, the god does the work but has the cleric look fancy and do motions to make it happen. If the cleric isn't there, he decides not to do it.
>>
>>46683186
>a whole tribe with a thousand people
More than 30,000 L a day? That would be enough for eight thousand people.

Less if you have livestock I suppose.
>>
>>46683532
>>In very hot climates, characters need two or three times as much water to avoid dehydration."
Assume the cleric only work for 8hr a day plus livesrocks.

I think a thousand people desert tribe is reasonable
>>
>>46683599
>>46683186
However, what about food?
>>
>>46684813
purify shits
>>
Since it is far more likely that a God gave their cleric powers for loftier goals besides being a living well, I would suggest that perhaps this water cleric provides large amounts of water on certain days/months at one time, and a smaller community rations that water until the next time the cleric is around.
Water clerics would travel from dehydrated town to village and provide them as much water as possible and them be off to the next thirsty village.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.