[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chaos Space Marine Warband creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 3
tg needs more chaos, and I was bored and I need something to paint my duduez so might as well let tg help me fluff them!

d10 for a Legion warband or renegade chapter
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>46542774
>>
>>46542774
Wow this guy looks gay as fuck. He's like a ff character with a skin problem.
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>46542888
Rolling for the stack
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>46543340
>>46542888

Rolling AGAIN for stack
>>
>>46542902
Well, he IS an OC for a super ultra edgy neo nazi Russian.
>>
>>46543358
fuck stack, we warband now.
>>
>>46543832
It all make sense now.
>>
>>46543340
>>46543358
Well I'm personally sick of renegade chapters and we rolled two... give me one re-roll fuck the dice gods

1d10
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>46545294
>>
>>46545783
Alright a legion warband, good

d100 for which legion we broke off from
>>
>>46545294
>roll two 9s
>"Well I'm personally sick of renegade chapters and we rolled two"
>Piss on the dice gods and get a dead thread.
Justice exists
>>
Rolled 16 (1d100)

>>46545895
>>46545899
I'll roll anyway, because its fun
>>
>>46545916
From the World Eaters! BUTCHERS NAILS FOR EVERYONE!

d10 for how devoted we are to the gods

>>46545899
I'lll take my chances
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>46545968
>>
>>46543832
>Neo Nazi
>Russian

TD makes good art but god dammit he's a fucking retard sometimes.
>>
>>46546020
Fanatics! We love the god(s)!

d12 for who we are all fanatical about
>>
Rolled 3 (1d12)

>>46546054
>>
>>46546069
One of the minor gods... any suggestions on which one?
>>
>>46546095
>MA
>LAL
Malal
>>
>>46546095
Perhaps the warband serves a powerful Daemon Prince and worships it?
>>
>>46546202
I like this idea more than Malal, we can even name the warband after him, Scions of (blank), (blank)'s chosen sons, Disciples of (Blank)

d100 for for what form our beliefs take?
>>
Rolled 67 (1d100)

>>46546132
whats more heretical than wanting it all to burn.

>>46546268
>>
>>46546302
Well... that makes sense, we got
Daemonhood is godhood - To ascend to daemonhood is to become a god. Those who have become beings of the warp are revered greatly, those who have not strive to do so. Re-roll if your Warband's devotion to chaos is "Loathed".

d10 for our demeanour
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>46546335
>>
Rolled 7 (1d10)

>>46546335
>>
>>46546342
>>46546347
Same result regardless

Extra Heresy. A surprisingly large amount of the warband is willing to work alongside aliens, so long as they also worship Chaos (also this isn’t always the case. May also just include mutual hatred for the same enemy.). The battle-brothers in this force are more tolerant than most others.

d10 dor our common mutations and defecencies
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>46546368
>>
>>46546383
No rest for the wicked, we have somme sleeping trouble... as in we kinda don't very often

now our common mental flaws as we are fanatics, 1d10
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>46546403
>>
>>46546416
LOUD AND PROUD - Marines feel to need to announce their arrival to their foe, making it clear just who the hell they are and that they are here.

d100 for our figure of legend, although I think we really should just say its a Daemon prince for obvious reasons
>>
Rolled 54 (1d100)

>>46546467
Lets see what the Gods grant us anyways
>>
No Space Marine has hair that long aside from Wolves who are fucking faggots.
>>
>>46546496
>what is chaos
>>
>>46546506
but Chaos ones don't have emo kid hair either you cock jockey stop pushing your gay agenda
>>
>>46546487
... I... well we don't technically worship Khorne so the Sorcerer lord is not completely stupid... we could have both I suppose?

regardless d100 for their deeds
>>
Rolled 44 (1d100)

>>46546531
>>
>>46546496
Actually a lot of the Traitor legions fancied longer hair. The Sons of Horus, Thousand Sons, Night Lords, and obviously OP's pic of the Emperor's Children have all had cases of Marines with hair.

Astartes pattern baldness only plagues loyalist dogs.
>>
>>46546585
The figure of legend killed a renowned and mighty Imperial hero (like a Chapter Master, a well-known Inquisitor, or a famous Imperial Guard General).

So we have a Sorcerer lord who leads a warband of former World Eaters who vehemently worship a Daemon prince as a god... interesting so far

d100 for our homeworld
>>
The fuck does d10 even mean? Fucking neckbeards speaking Matrix.
>>
>>46542774
So are noise marines literally satanic hair metal or what
>>
Still need a d100 roll for our homeworld
>>
File: 1447202940270.png (239 KB, 465x336) Image search: [Google]
1447202940270.png
239 KB, 465x336
Can we stop with the constant creation threads

One every 3 days or something there seems to be a constant thread of some variety
>>
Rolled 64 (1d100)

>>46548305
>>
>>46548337
A fortress world, interesing

d100 for its terrain

>>46548323
More than a few are continuations though
>>
I don't get what this d10 means in context of 4chan. How do you play /tg/ games?
>>
Rolled 96 (1d100)

>>46548439
>>
Rolled 15 (1d100)

>>46548477
read the first thread on /tg/ dumb ass.
>>
>>46548509
Our fortress world is airless, quite interesting.

d10 for our combat doctrine
>>
Rolled 6 (1d10)

>>46549333
not really, its an assteroid.
>>
>>46549421
looks like ww have a lot of cultists cause we got
Drown them with Bodies - Warband makes heavy use of mortal servants as cannon fodder, sending them in waves towards the enemy.

d10 for the status of our warbands numbers
>>
Rolled 1 (1d10)

>>46549600
>>
>>46549882
We are Endangered, very low on numbers

d110 for why we are so low on marines
>>
Rolled 53 (1d100)

>>46550074
>>
Rolled 59 (1d110)

>how does this game works, folks ?
>>
>>46550376
Woops, suppose to be a d10 but we can treat that as a five so we got
Conflicts within the Warband. Anything from the Warband fracturing to an all-out civil war.

So thats an event we can flesh out

now d100 for our allies
>>
Rolled 82 (1d100)

>>46550414
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

>>46550462
>>
>>46550514
The perfect roll
Specific Chaos Xenos or simply other xenos groups whom they share mutual goals with. See Minor Xenos Table below

Seeing as we already rolled xeno tolerant, so now we roll on the minor xeno species chart sooo d100
>>
Rolled 22 (1d100)

>>46550514
Thank you !
>>
Rolled 42 (1d100)

>>46550635
>>
>>46550694
Apparently some race called the Fra'al... can we get some info on them who knows the lore better than I cause I've never heard of these xenos?
>>
>>46551124
>Fra'al
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fra'al
>>
>>46546735
If you don't want to deal with neckbeards why are you on /tg/?
>>
>>46551396
So we are allies with incredibly mysterious and incredibly advanced xenos eh? WOnder how a bunch of Worl Eaters managed that..

last roll! d100 for our worst enemy
>>
Rolled 66 (1d100)

>>46551643
probably with careful restraint, or exchange for huge amounts of slaves.
>>
>>46551681
A specific inquisitor or Inquisitorial force, alright.

I'll quickly summarize what we've got and we can get to fluffing!
>>
>>46551840
yup
>>
>We are a warband split from the World Eaters Traitor Legion
>We are fanatical about the worship of our Chaos 'God' Who happens to be a Daemon Prince we believe to be a god
>We believe that acheiving Daemonhood is tantamount to becoming a god, and greatly revere those who have
>Unlike many other Chaos Warbands, or the weak Imperium of man, we are willing to work alongside Xenos to get what we want, even allow them to fight alongside our warband more frequently, making us far more tolerant for them
>We have issues sleeping, most likely due to the warping of our Butchers nails cybernetics to bar us from truly restful slumber
>We believe that loudly venerating our Dark God is the only way to be, and that our foes should know who it was that killed them
>Other than our god, a Sorcerer Lord Leads us, most likely in the worship of our Daemon Prince
>He killed a mighty hero of the Imperium, bringing glory to himself and the Warband
>We live on an airless fortress planetoid, a great asteroid that is also our equivalent of a fortress monastery
>We make heavy use of Cultisrs, using them as cannon fodder against our enemies to distract them and overwhelm them with numbers
>We are endangered, small in number after a brutal internal conflict within our Warband
>We are allys with the mysterious Fra'al race, trading slaves, cultists and anything else for weapons as well as calling on their aid when required'
>Our sworn enemy is a specific Inquisitor or Inquisitorial force

full summary, what should we fluff first? I say we flesh out our 'god'. The Daemon prince's tennants, what he expects us to do and believe in worship to him
>>
>>46552134
The Daemon Prince is Chaos undivided to seperate him from the gods right? Perhaps he should represent slaughtering the enemy through mystic means. I have this idea of warp sorcery berserkers that are fueled by the psychic energy of the sorcerers, that would explain why we have them.
>>
>>46552354
Absolutely

I like the idea of the World Eaters keeping the whole 'slaughter' thing with Rage and all, but with more leniancy towards sorcerey using it to better kill worthy opponents.

cool, so his basic idea is down, Whats his name? Who was he before? What other tnenants does our god require of us?
>>
>>46552695
Okay lets roll with the idea further.
So perhaps the Daemon Prince in his mortal life was devout servent of Khorne, a beserker or champion. One day this dude lies nearly dying on the battlefield but is exposed to warp sorcery that heals/empowers him further beyond his limits and allows him to slaughter even more foes. He realized, "Oh shit, psychic power can be used for melee and is actually pretty awesome to use. It makes me kill like, 5x times more guys." With this discovery, he went back to his Khorne warband and explained how sorcery can be used in a non-coward way. Of course, the most devout fanatics fly into a RAGE and try to slay him, however the sorcery wielding warrior manages to overcome and slaughter the opposition along with those who proved loyal/intrested/crave in this new power of his. Thus this warrior takes over the warband and becomes a prophet of a sort to this new way of killing and later becomes so powerful that he achieves daemonhood, leading to his followers to revere him as a god.
Just a basic premise, feel free to work on it and insert your own ideas.
>>
>>46553187
Hmmmm yea, he became a Daemon prince of undivided due to his sheer will and killy prowess. The Berserkers and Sorcerers he rallied to his ideas becoming quite a dangerous warband, especially after he became a Daemon Prince.

But lets add a bit to this, his chosen warriors are a sort of combination Berserker/Sorcerer who use RAGE magic to slaughter in his name, offering him their souls. Also, I think he should have been banished a fairly long time ago, and has possibly been unable to return due to Khornnate or other interference. Our Sorcerer lord should be like his messiah, leading the faithful down the path to re-summon him to the mortal realm.

I also think he should have impressed the usefulness and power of xenos... why did he do that? What ecpereiences did he have with xenos that lead him to suggest working with them more closely?
>>
>>46553568
>I also think he should have impressed the usefulness and power of xenos... why did he do that? What ecpereiences did he have with xenos that lead him to suggest working with them more closely?
Perhaps the Xeno race worshipped Chaos and were powerful warp mystics. Needing to learn more about psychic powers and not trusting the chaos sorcerers of other warbands, he came to the xenos to learn how to better master his new found power.
>>
>>46553751
Hmmm... I could see that, a powerful race of chaos worhsipping Psyker/sorcerer xenos trained him, and he always taught that xenos were as useful and could be as beneficial as humans.

I'm sure this has lead to the warband having quite a few advanced xeno wepaons and tech...

Now, his 'prophet', the Sorcerer lord, what makes him special? What about him makes him the messiah of the Warbands god?
>>
>>46555775
I'm thinking to add to all this heresy, the sorcerer could have been a former Slaanesh champion that the Daemon Prince "converted" over to his new faith and had him take up the mantle as his personal mouth piece and chosen prophet to restore the endagered warband back to full strengh. This would show how great the Daemon Prince's ability of attracting followers would be by converting a former servent of a once rival god.
We could just go with the standard Tzeentch sorcerer, but I think that this might add more of a character build up if we do it right.
>>
>>46555969
I like that suggestion, keep building on it thread.

For now thoguh OP gotta rest
Don't let this thread die. OP is now aslepp
>>
Bump
Hopefully more anons come by and pick this up. I'm intrested to see where this might go.
>>
OP bumping, he is back
>>
So our prophet is a former slaaneshi sorcerer turned to worship our Daemon Prince god. When dud he show up? And if he is tryinh to rebuild the warband, what was the inner conflict that so drastically reduced our numbers?
>>
>>46543832
I can't read that with a straight face.
>>
>>46563043
Maybe the idea of working with Xenos isnt that appealing to some of the warband members. Therefore they fight on the idea of whether they should allow Xenos within their ranks or not.
>>
>>46563043
>When dud he show up?
I'd say recently.
>what was the inner conflict that so drastically reduced our numbers?
This >>46563258 sounds pretty good.
>>
I bet this thread won't die due to people not really giving much of a shit due to these threads being daily.
>>
>>46565629
Huh
>>
>>46563258
Yea I like that, and it resulted in a sort of civil war, leading only those with xenos help to survive, and then the prophet shows up in their darkest hour
>>
>>46567740
>the prophet shows up in their darkest hour
I like how we've got this religious vibe going on. I'm picturing a Warband of fanatic psychic beserkers.
>>
>>46548323
oh, and quests are variety?
tg does five things
quests
create fanfiction
writefag
roleplay
shitpost
>>
>>46555775
>>46555775
>>46553751
>>46553568
We could do true meritocracy, strength in all forms kinda thing
>>
>>46571133
>meritocracy
That would work, those you show great skill and potential rise up in a form of mirror as to how the Daemon Prince ascended.
>>
>>46570522
Works for me! And yea, Psychic Berserkers

>>46571133
Sure, makes sense
>>
So what we have is a truly unholy fusion of might and mind/soul.
Tactical berserkers and warp fueled raeg
I like it
So what school are we pedisposed towards, or is it just whatever is strongest against our opponents?
>>
>>46574191
So what school are we pedisposed towards, or is it just whatever is strongest against our opponents?
I guess their psychic abilities would be focused more on enhancing themselves to perform better in battle. The more gifted can shoot lightning and warpfire from their hands for gather such power into their weapons.
>>
>>46574925
Cool, buffing is the basics, with pyromancy and blasts are for the most powerful
I personally feel that because pskics dont have anti tank, we'd just focus on buffs
So we have a lot of force weapons, due to thier prevalance among psykers, and those that turn would bring them, and they provide force as a blessing, which is breddy gud.
>>
Nice going guys, this is cool so far!

Ok, we need a name. Now as we worship a Daemon Prince we ar probably named after him, suggestions for his name?
>>
>>46575032
Perhaps they use chain swords/axes at first because enhancing it causes it to be almost unstable, thus they need to train to control their powers or risk their weapons blowing up in their faces. Those who have mastered their enchaning ability move on to power weapons.
>>46575493
>suggestions for his name?
Aolz'zalon the Warphavoc, slaughter of the Skulltakers (his old Khorne Warband) and master of Warpfire. Great Daemon God of the Witchblessed.
>>
>>46575759
I like the name, so we are called the Witchblessed then?
>>
>>46576964
>so we are called the Witchblessed then?
If it's agreed, I threw it out there for the sake of it since we should have at least thought up a name by now. To help solidify the idea, perhaps the Xeno's were the said Witches that blessed the founder and warband with their psychic knowledge, thus the name "Witchblessed."
>>
File: Witchblessed Scheme.jpg (63 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
Witchblessed Scheme.jpg
63 KB, 400x500
Alright, I went ahead and tried my hand at making a color scheme for the "Witchblessed." Right now it's pretty simple so that it can be felt open for discussion.
I tried to have a Khorne red and Tzeentch blue concept to keep that berserker and psychic theme with the core being red and the appendages being blue. Now an idea I had was that the trim is actually warpfire that trails along the armor, signifying how charged up these guys are with psychic energy, so I made it purple since most art has the warp itself colored around shades of violet.
This of course is open for ideas, so any other color ideas?
>>
>>46578041
I like it, and the idea of the trim being literal witch-fire is pretty cool
>>
Also we actually missed a roll, we never rolled for special equipment

roll a d100
>>
Rolled 60 (1d100)

>>46578778
Hoping for something to help use play up the Psychic beserkers.
>>46578750
Glad you like it, I was worried I might have over done it.
If we could get a kind artist to draw the trim as fire, then that would really help establish the idea.
>>
Rolled 40 (1d100)

>>46578778
Rolling
So are we gonna choose between the options of what rolls we get?
>>
>>46578895
Stollen technology, interesting, possibly xenos in nature?
>>
>>46579225
Nah, archeotech, possibly we stole stuff from the remaining thousand suns or blood ravens for psyker knowledge
or we can just steal from the tau, if you want to be faggots
>>
>>46579559
Or we could have stolen some eldar tech, somekind of teleport or funky swords
>>
>>46579559
>>46579656
Why not both of these? Archaotech and lore mixed with some funky Eldar Psyker shit?
>>
>>46579656
>eldar tech
>funky swords
That would work, in fact they could have stolen Eldar Witchblades, which I believe helps to increase psychic powers.
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Witchblade
>>
>>46546496
Dare I say hair-esy
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.