[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76
File: bestdrgn.png (1 MB, 703x912) Image search: [Google]
bestdrgn.png
1 MB, 703x912
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Fearsome Beasts edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/YhdxTQS6

Ultimate Intrigue leaks:
>classes: http://imgur.com/a/tlwEX
>feats: http://imgur.com/a/PA4eT
>items: http://imgur.com/a/RzJiF

Old Thread: >>46451445
>>
File: image.gif (58 KB, 752x752) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
58 KB, 752x752
>>46462432
You joke but 4d6 slashing will fuck any commoner up good, not to mention being able to constantly animate rope, even more dead commoners
>>
File: 475c27818aa707dae9ccae1cc72c9c78.png (702 KB, 1280x1157) Image search: [Google]
475c27818aa707dae9ccae1cc72c9c78.png
702 KB, 1280x1157
Kobolds are the best.
>>
>>46462432
>cannot be an improved familiar
Galdurnnit!
>>
File: pirate.jpg (89 KB, 500x621) Image search: [Google]
pirate.jpg
89 KB, 500x621
First for Skulls and Shackles
i like pirates a lot
>>
File: Boob Slam Max'd.jpg (1016 KB, 3000x2500) Image search: [Google]
Boob Slam Max'd.jpg
1016 KB, 3000x2500
>Reading some of the Pathfinder supplements
>Living/undead demigods (Walkena, etc.) pop up here and there
>Some have 2 domains, others 3
>Slightly less in terms of subdomains

It got me thinking. Have any of you created your own demigods? I'm plotting out a unique large grodair that achieves a weird sort of fey enlightenment and has a following of scavengers/beachcombers.
>>
Quick, I haven't played in ages, remind me what a good starting kit for a level one pleb is.
I know rope is important.
>>
>>46462516
Yes
Played a game where all the players were demigods. Ended with us accidently causing creation to be undone. Was a fun journey though.
>>
>>46462543
Honestly, I long since have stopped giving a fuck and just grab a <class>'s kit and go with that. Way too much micromanagement for shit that almost never comes up in the games I play in.
>>
>>46462543
A dagger, flint and steel, a blanket, a canteen, and, uh...
>>
>>46462543
What class, and how anal retentive is your gm about food and shelter?
>>
>>46462570
Good idea. Pathfinder's Kit it is.
>>
>>46462626
I actually grab a Slayer's Kit most of the time. It's a little heavy, but it's got all the usual stuff plus a pair of manacles, and I imagine it's better to manacle folks than try to tie them up with cheap rope.
>>
Is it possible to make an actually blind character perform well?
>>
>>46462786
The Oracle's Blind curse is probably the only way, because it at least gives you bonuses to offset the penalties. And, oh boy, are there penalties.
>>
>>46462822
Oracles don't actually have a blinded curse.

Closest they have is Clouded Vision, which limits normal sight to I think 30ft
>>
>>46462904
It's the closest thing to actually being blind. I don't think there's even really an option to be blind outside of having the DM okay it.
>>
>>46462904
>>46462822

Yea I mean like actually permanently suffering from Blindness, not just a cataract.

The Eyebiter Mesmerist actually removes its eye, and it's possible for the eye to be destroyed, leaving you permanently dazzled. If you remove your remaining eye, you're permanently blinded.
>>
>>46462988
Uh, Blind Fight is gonna be a necessity then, I think. Other than that, not a clue.
>>
Initiating Vigilante Archetype attempt:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SeF1EF2NUNMiVRu2ITpuNDZzwyI14ahXTKFiBP97Yy0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: Hello Darkness my old friend.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Hello Darkness my old friend.jpg
55 KB, 1280x720
How do I get into a lewd pathfinder game and where do I find one?
>>
>>46463089
You delve into your imagination and make it there.
>>
>>46462786
Well... you could play a caster with a familiar calling your shots? If you don't actually make attack rolls, the penalties from everyone having total concealment against you matter significantly less. Of course, you couldn't use normal scrolls(or a normal spellbook, for that matter), and there are other downsides(like counting as flatfooted against all enemies), but you certainly could do it without being useless to the party. At high levels you can probably find a way to get tremorsense or blindsense or something similar as well.
>>
>>46463119
You cannot target something you have no line of sight to unless otherwise specified by the spell in question. Blind casters can't cast on anything but themselves.
>>
>>46462516
In case anyone's interested in the grodair's portfolio (any port in a storm, hurrr):

"Gullcrown", finder of junk, eater of gulls, rambler of stories
-Favored weapon: sling (for whackin' annoying birds)
-Domains: Plant, Travel, Water
-Subdomains: Flotsam, Trade

His followers are desperate beachcombers, raving lunatics (grodair-atics?), and hermits blessed by him on a whim. His priesthood is small but consists of "ranters", warpriests that stamp along the shores of his lake, spreading the good word when they're not trying to barter with potential converts. Gullcrown himself is protected by a retinue of "scary templars" as he calls them, gun scavengers that cobbles their weapons together from whatever they found on the beach. He's also produced a fair of offspring, which means the shoreline of his lake is steadily expanding...
>>
>>46463119

I was thinking like a Zatoichi kinda character.
>>
I'm interested in the vivisectionist alchemist but I've been told that often, the only way to go about it is by picking the ragebreed skinwalker for natural attacks that stack with the feral mutagen.

Is there any other viable combo that takes advantage of its sneak attacks? 1pp only for this one if you dont mind.
>>
>>46462786
Blinded Blade style?
>>
>>46463089
Try roll20, I've lost count of how many games I've unwittingly joined only to end up realizing that its members and GM are really into ERP.
>>
>>46463375
Literally any Vivisectionist will work. They may not be as optimized as the Skinwalker version, but they'll work just fine.

Just remember that you'll have d8 HD and light armor, so be careful not to get yourself mauled to death.
>>
>>46463375
The usual combo is Vivisectionist/Beastmorph to get Pounce at level 10, then charge in with greater invisibility and maul people to death.

If you don't mind a bit of dipping, you could also take 4 levels of Scout Rogue (maybe taking the Bomber talent to get access to bombs) and build up Pummeling Style and Pummeling Charge to get non-polymorph pounce that automatically grants sneak attack.
>>
>>46463089

F-List has the occasional game, but the players are toxic, the fetishes are super weird, and the campaigns are kinda boring.

Roll20 has the occasional game, but you run into the same problem with F-List, only not as bad.

Sometimes pfg will have one, but they're once in a blue moon.
>>
>>46463404

Give us your horror stories, anon.

Because we know you have some.
>>
>have players stuck in strange realm in the dream of a dying man
>take a cart of cruxes to the tree museum
>climb the tallest tree to visit the court of crows
>players don't realize I am literally stealing every idea from Counting Crows songs
>Get told of the god of the ocean trapped between tides

Feels good, Counting Crows lyrics make for good surrealist campaigns.
>>
>>46463404
Same here, dear lord. The last time was particularly bad because the party besides me was the following:
>dickgirl orc
>body horror theme'd alchemist elf
>buxom gnome half-fey
>>
>>46463533
Who's Mr. Jones?
>>
>>46463559

Why are they never normal?

Why are they never cute half-elf alchemists or paladin hunks?

Why are they always futa, or weird tentacle things, or annoying midgets with hyper-boobs and giga-hips they ALWAYS call "Shortstack?"

Shit, am I the weird one for preferring waifish redheads and bearded bears of men?
>>
>>46463628
The dying man was Mr.Jones, he was telling them a fairy tale.
>>
>>46463520
The usual shit. I mean, I'm sure most Anons would appreciate a good internet fucking everyone once in a while, but it does get annoying when the character concept you've been dying to play ends up getting led to the tavern privvy by the hand, expecting some sort of clever ruse to advance the plot only to end up being the unwilling recipient to a halfling bard's handjob.

Obviously you'd be a little bit surprised at the turn of events but you're invested towards the story and your character so you write it off expecting it as some sort of character establishing moment for said bard, but it never ends. You take second watch and she crawls into your bedroll and sucks you off, you put yourself in harms way and voluntarily drive the wagon while the others hide only for her to give you a while-driving-HJ. You cant even complain publicly since its all done via PM and everyone thinks its adorable for the perky bard redhead with an irish accent to befriend the awkward forlorn wizard that never set foot outside his library till before the adventure. But they dont know about the lewd chat she sends your way during every lapse in the narrative pace.
>>
>>46463695
Because the people who go on roll20 for ERP are the folks who can't even find people to ERP in more "normal" situations. They're outcasts in an already outcast community.
>>
>>46462432
>When day of the dragon is the day of the rope
>>
>>46463745
Outcasts from the ERP society, outcasts from the ttrpg society... it's just not a happy life being them.
>>
File: 12999642616.jpg (313 KB, 515x721) Image search: [Google]
12999642616.jpg
313 KB, 515x721
>>46463695
Don't ask me man.
I kinda enjoy short stacks, but god damnit all I want in life at this point is for someone to do a really simple, basic deviant game based on Avatar the Last Airbender with.
Fun Fact, there are no hetrosexual non-bedicked Azulas on the internet.
Not the one. Not even across multiple sites.
>>
>>46463787

Want to know where to find a "normal" experience?

Elliquiy, it's probably the most adorably vanilla experience you'll find for ERP.
>>
>>46463739

>Halfling redhead bard with Irish accent

That sounds adorable.
>>
>>46463739
Best thing to do in that sort of situation is actually talk to them about it IC.
As someone who has done a shit ton of ERP, nothing throws people for a loop as much as your character quietly suggesting they calm their tits, or asking if they're serious about a relationship, or that sort of thing.

Soon as you do that they either get bored and bone someone else because relationships are for scrubs, or you get control of the situation and can subtly redirect them away from some of the trouble-zones.

Basically? Just roleplay it to the hilt and it'll all work out.
>>
>>46463739
>unwilling recipient to a halfling bard's handjob.
Either bj or piss off.
To be sure, why can't you do both?
Bargain with the player that you get what you want, they get what they want, we all have a good time.
>>46463787
>there are no hetrosexual non-bedicked Azulas on the internet
Eh, she's got a mouth, and hatefucking/rape is entirely an option. She's right up there with Sharktits on the RAPE tier.
>>46463822
What if I'm not a fan of vanilla? How vanilla? Not even vanilla bean?
>>46463886
This.
>>
How complicated of instructions can undead follow? Is there a way to increase complexity and control?
>>
Don't hide it from me /pfg/, what's the campaign or adventure path you had ruined by a bad group or awful GM!
>>
>>46463996

Vanilla in the sense that most players seem to be interested in the scenario more than the fetishes, which means the most common story you'll run into is a guy and girl boning for some reason or other.

It's Trashy Romance Novel-tier vanilla.
>>
>>46464041
Almost every campaign I've joined recently. People seem to love using OOC knowledge to fuck my characters over.
>>
>>46464041

Jade Regent was ruined by a terrible DM that hardly tried to characterize anyone and insisted one of the Brinestump Goblins join us as a whacky sidekick.
>>
>>46463996
>Eh, she's got a mouth
Reminder that she can breathe fire and is more likely to bite a dick off than suck it unwillingly.
>>
>>46463996
>Eh, she's got a mouth, and hatefucking/rape is entirely an option. She's right up there with Sharktits on the RAPE tier.
Pretty much my plan, the basic idea was a post-series game involving a magnificently fucked up relationship between Azula and one of the guards at her new home, him becoming a bit of a rock she secures herself to before starting to manipulate him, them falling into an unhealthy relationship, love blooming and eventually their escape into the Post-war world to try and find a place where the most dangerous female fire bender in the world can be at peace complete with her shell shocked sort-of lover and ex-jailor who might just be Sokka if people hate OC
But sadly, there's not a single person interested in playing Azula as hetrosexual and not hung like a horse, that's life.
>>
>>46464041
Carrion Crown. The GM never statted things in character sheets on Roll20, and was bad at math. He also awarded exp individually based on how many knowledge checks you succeed in book 1. Combat mostly consisted of me being knocked out because I'm a dread fighting undead and the magus carrying us because he was the only one leveling up. Of course, this was after he spent two or three minutes getting the monster's stats on d20pfsrd.
>>
>>46464041
Oh boy, where to even begin.

It started in late 2010. Some friends of mine in an IRC channel somehow ended up discussing D&D, and eventually we decided we were going to run a game with rotating DMs.

That is, until our That DM decided she would take it all onto her shoulders. For a full month, she apparently was building a campaign from the ground up. When we finally started playing, it all seemed like it would be a fun story.

That is, until the headless rape demon hiding in a pile of mutilated female corpses, the vial that had an NPC in it that we were specifically warned would ruin everything, and a dozen other horrifically stupid and awful events that made it clear that our DM was a fucking idiot and that there was nothing of value to gain from playing with them.

Or the halting Evil campaign she ran after that, where she forced her magical realms on fucking everybody, where I made my escape by casting disintegrate on myself and then never speaking to her again.
>>
>>46464139
Just make a fanfic out of it, I've had way more fun just writing scenarios out than going to the headache of expecting people to perform adequately, let alone to my satisfaction.
>>
>>46463968

God, this post gave me vivid flashbacks to the time one of my characters got transformed into a girl and promptly raped.

I was going to leave due to that bullshit anyway, but my character's reaction to the event freaked the other players out.
>>
>>46464185
Storytime this.
>>
>>46464031
Generally a single subject/predicate sentence, noun/verb/adjective.
>>46464094
What if I like both?
A good kink can really spice up a scene, even if it's simple stuff like roleplay, bondage, soft d/s.
>>46464097
Keep your cards close to the vest, anon. Fuck them, literally and figuratively, before they fuck you.
>>46464125
She's a fucking halfling bard, how can she breathe fir- OH! Paying attention now. Well, magic, son!
>>46464139
>yes...yes.gif
Futa isn't a problem for me, sometimes I even like it.
>If it's hot, fuck it, there is no gay
>it's even better when they struggle and cry
>shit, revealing my power level
>>
>>46464139

Seriously dude, join Elliquiy and find someone looking for an ATLA roleplay, that sounds exactly like something I've seen before.
>>
>>46462432
>you will never tame a Rope Dragon
>you will never teach it tricks
>you will never feed it cookies
>>
>>46462482
Still not a CR 5 encounter though.

Maybe CR 3 at best.
>>
>>46464211
>A good kink can really spice up a scene, even if it's simple stuff like roleplay, bondage, soft d/s.

I hate to sound like a salesman for the site, but that's seriously the bread and butter of Elliquiy.

You'll get exactly what you want there, and more.
>>
>>46464041
Campaign wasn't all that special to begin with, but it was a fun time with friends and I was playing a really over-the-top sweetheart Paladin of Shelyn, basically playing him as a 50s movie heartthrob with magic powers.

Then the local munchkin ruined everything with magic item crafting, trivializing every encounter and generally being a shit.

Ask Dorian about 'Kid Cthulhu' sometime - the guy was playing some kind of weird abberation spawn.
>>
File: 1308554130382.jpg (144 KB, 565x620) Image search: [Google]
1308554130382.jpg
144 KB, 565x620
On the subject of ERP, I will admit one of the best lines I've ever seen come out of a game came out of an ERP.
Situation: Vampire decides to scout out a village on his own before the main group, wanders into this bumblefuck backwater nowhere wearing a Phantom Mask, despite promising not to reveal himself and starts flirting with the first girl he sees.
Literally the first girl he sees.
<REDACTED FOR HIS OWN DIGNITY> "You would make a fine addition to my court, little lady." His hand stretched out to tilt her head by the chin, forcing her to look at him. "You should leave this forsaken place, and come with me where the stars are right."
<GM> The woman looks at the oddly clothed vampire and raises an eyebrow. "A court? Father says I'm destined for great courts. What do you have to offer?" she says, a smile quirking at her full lips.
<GM> A burly farmlad, blonde-haired and ruddy-faced, walks up to the pair, and looks to the vampire, then to the woman. "Margeret, this man botherin' ya?" He asks, his voice cracking on the last syllable.
<REDACTED FOR HIS OWN DIGNITY> "I offer you the world, all the riches you can imagine. And a lifetime of *pleasure*." He snaps his gaze to the farmer, eltting him get a good look at his mask.
<GM> The farmboy snorts audibly. "Look, mister, I dunno WHERE you came from, but if y'don't leave m'sister alone..." Margaret stops him with a hand on his arm. "Oh come now, he might be fun to talk to...go, didn't you have a meeting with your friends for training with Grandfather? Go have fun with your swords and legends."
<REDACTED FOR HIS OWN DIGNITY> "Swords? Legends?" He half heartedly holds back a chuckle. "I'm both, woman." He grips her jaw tightly and draws her in for a kiss.
Masterpiece. That last line will never not make me smile.
>>
>>46464302
And sometimes I want it hard, like hardcore rape/abuse, loli, aphyx, gangbangs/trains, huge insertions with body bulges, cum inflation.
They do that too?
>>
>>46464319
Holy shit that's terrible. Please tell me everyone laughed at him for like ten minutes.
>>
Speaking of amusing stories around the game table...

>Flirting with the town sluts
>She's sitting on my character's lap, we're exchanging stories mixed with flirting
>I'm telling her the story of how my character slew a griffin on his own
>Stops halfway through the story right at the best part
>Slut asks, "why did you stop?"
>I said, in as husky a voice as possible, "I'm saving the climax for later."

Everyone couldn't stop laughing for the next 5 minutes
>>
>>46464385

Yes, actually! It's not as common but you'll certainly find people into it, as I've seen some of that first hand.

Not the loli though, they've got a strict 18+ policy.
>>
File: Son I am dissapoint.jpg (50 KB, 674x501) Image search: [Google]
Son I am dissapoint.jpg
50 KB, 674x501
>DM is extremely reliable
>Most players are extremely reliable
>One particular guy can't make like half the sessions
>It's the oh-so-random CN rogue, who is trying to mundanely craft poisons even though it takes weeks.

>mfw.

I've convinced the DM to allow him to switch to unchained rogue if he wants to, in the hopes that maybe he'll show up more often if he feels like he isn't as much of a useless piece of shit. Not that I didn't warn him about basic rogue. I told him dawg.
>>
>>46464406
It's been several years and I'm still laughing.

Whenever I have a rough day, I go back, crack open the logs and contemplate that last sentence, it should be hung on a wall somewhere in a theater for people to come and ruminate upon.
>>
>>46464406
There is nothing wrong with being overdramatic when you are a goddamn vampire, anon, where is your sense of fun?
Like >>46464426.
>>46464466
Should just boot him.
>>
>>46464466

Anyway, my totally sweet digits aside, I guess this means I'm next week's DM. Time for Serpent's Skull, I guess.
>>
>>46464151
I was a player in that game. This is only the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>46464041
Didn't ruin the campaign, but
>Step up towards the boss to get in melee range
>attack, then initiative goes on
>the party bloodrager who doesn't really pay attention when it isn't his turn sees that i'm in the way of his charging path
>he gets legitimately pissed at me despite the fact he has enough speed to step around me to attack
>he instead charges and does an overrun maneuver on me
>he doesn't have improved overrun so it provokes
>take the attack of opportunity, almost send him into bleedout
>>
>>46463375
Don't worry about it. >>46463408 is right, you pretty much can't fuck up vivisectionist. That said in my experience dirty trick works super well. First attack blinds the enemy, rest of the full attack kills them.
>>
>>46464494
I cannot agree more. It's terrible in the most amusing way.

>>46464509
My sense of fun turns off when I'm literally cringing in embarrassment so hard that I can't respond to anything else.

>>46464549
Sounds like a lovely fellow.
>>
>>46464592
>My sense of fun turns off when someone else has fun or is silly, because they need to be serious like me
Naw, dude, get fucked.
>>
>>46464563
I've never thought about this but how do combat maneuvers interact with natural attacks?

Lets say claw claw bite, if you wanted to trip or maybe dirty trick, is the first claw attack all you lose for that attack string or do your other natural attacks suddenly become secondary?
>>
>>46464041
Same game as >>46464151
My first session with said DM I was introduced to the mascot character for our guild who was a 12 year old prostitute who immediately offered herself for a handful of copper.
>>
>>46464675
You just lose one of the attacks. It doesn't change the secondary/primary nature of the attacks. I personally just grabbed a helm of the mammoth lord and use that for either finishers or dirty tricks.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/helm-of-the-mammoth-lord
>>
>>46464669
I'm sensing that you write a lot like that and are a little flustered about me talking shit about it. That's okay, though. I won't tell anybody that you make shitty romance novel-tier writing. We're all anonymous here.
>>
>>46464696
Eh, I can see that working just as well for a serious campaign. It tests the PC's characters (rather heavy-handedly, but still) and helps definitively establish the kind of tone you should expect. Granted, how it's executed can mean the difference between a serious story and a "serious" story.
>>
>>46464767
I can see that too, but she was upset no one took her up on her solicitations and that we tried to give her a better life.
>>
>>46464842
That, too, can work for a while depending on how scarred she was. Maybe she's suspicious that somebody's doing it. After all, it's possible that was how she got recruited in the first place. Maybe she thinks there's no way anybody could be kind to a little whore like her. Heck, maybe there's an "orphan master" angry that you took his/her merchandise, and that can potentially lead into its own sprawling questline, wherein you find out that he was just the lackey for a more powerful foe, and so on and so forth.

Now, I know this DM was ass, I'm just speaking in defense of the idea itself because it's one of those ones that gets a real bad rap thanks to being a popular one that's very easy to horrifically bungle, especially if you're just using it as a vehicle for your fetishes, and I get worried that some GMs will doubt themselves and avoid using a pretty solid archetype based on stories of others.
>>
File: 1458246842457.png (290 KB, 754x554) Image search: [Google]
1458246842457.png
290 KB, 754x554
>>46464041
Carrion Crown
Way of the Wicked
Shattered Star
Rise of the Runelords

All of these were the same group at my local game store. Honestly some of the worst people you could ask to play with, but I put up with it because I thought it was my only option. It never got better. Always the same shit. It's because of them that I am adamantly against playing any APs anymore. If you've been to Pathfinder Society at Game Goblins you know what I'm talking about.
>>
File: smugwizard.png (308 KB, 741x753) Image search: [Google]
smugwizard.png
308 KB, 741x753
>>46464041
Basic summary:
>First time playing PF
>Have to hit the ground running because Killer GM
>GM favored her boyfriend in virtually every scenario
>GM blatantly lied and screwed over all other players and rewarded her boyfriend
>No world or real plot
>When I say "there was no world", I mean there were zero conistant maps
>Travel is handled day by day resulting in an endless grind
>Time travel shit because itz totally EPIC GUYZ
>Knowledge: Curse
>GM and her boyrfriend, despite owning several physical books, couldn't be bothered to even skim them.
>GM dragged in The Deck of Many Things four times to make anything remotely interesting happen.

There were other bits and pieces, but I try not to remember everything. The only bright side was that I got to see friends and hang out for a while, but not even that could stave off the scent of the monster turd that was that game.

Since I can't really add anything clever, have a smug wizard in the mean time.

>>46464315
A horrible sad truth; former game ruined by people who knew too little (and were elitists that thought otherwise) and this one ruined by one player who knew just enough. Thing that bugs me about that guy is that he literally never plays anything other than some kind of Neutral/Chaotic-Evil 'psychic' that Worships Cthulhu. Every. Fucking. Time.
>>
>>46464315
>50s movie heartthrob with magic powers.
Was there a hip-swinging Bard in the party, too?
>>
>>46465002

Elsbeth has no right to be that smug, I can almost hear the squeaky "o~honhonhon" from here.
>>
>>46464842
She's lucky she ran into your party and not yours.
>Now hold that torch up high and walk in front
>Mister are you SURE this is your foreplay?
>No traps in the first ten f... Uh, YES, ABSOLUTELY, HOT GIRL. I AM BEGINING TO FEEL OF THE TURN ONS
>>
>>46465002

>that Elsbeth

I want to see her getting double stuffed by filthy pig orcs now!
>>
>>46464031
Depends on Int score, cocknugget.

>>46464041
All the ones I didn't run.
>>
>>46464906
It's not "a more powerful master" with those types.

Or rather, it shoudn't be.

It's all the nobles he was providing for, when they find out the operation has been compromised, that start reacting with all sorts of panic or knee-jerking (not all of them, but there were quite a few nobles) of their own out of fear they'd either be accused with enough evidence to get searched, hunted down for vengeance (it's not like those children don't come from anywhere after all, and some of them are more into the 'fox hunt a village' kind of foreplay) or otherwise used against them.

Queue "tying up loose ends" as fast as they can....
>>
>>46465284
*and not ours
sorry.
>>
File: peek.png (76 KB, 953x646) Image search: [Google]
peek.png
76 KB, 953x646
>>46465061
Not quite? It was actually the first game where Helen was built and played. So if a Fey Sorceress counts..

>>46465202
>Someone remembers she's French
>>
File: HumanBard20.gif (763 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
HumanBard20.gif
763 KB, 500x300
>>46465395
>
>>
>>46464041
Way of the Wicked, on three separate occasions. One GM who was too desperate to cater to the party edgelord, one who was equally desperate to bend rules for the "muh RP, optimization = oppressing me" guy, and one who was just so lazy he couldn't even set up maps.
>>
>>46465395

I thought the French were known for being hopeless romantics!

Also how'd you pull off playing a naked voluptuous fey sorceress, anywho? That sets off so many red flags.
>>
>>46465524
The French are known for allowing Arabians to rape their wives, children, and lovers. They're hopeless filth.
>>
File: fat elvis.jpg (28 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
fat elvis.jpg
28 KB, 534x401
>>46465443
>Filename
Then what the fuck happened here? Did he get level drained back to 1?
>>
>>46465524
They're known for being pigs.

You Murkins only think it's all romantic because you can't understand a fucking word they're saying.

Half of it is lame as fuck and the other half would have you holding your creeped out finger over your smartphone for 911.
>>
>>46465524
>French
>human
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>46465524
The french are dicks
>>
>>46465540
>>46465561
>>46465603

Perfidious Albion please go.
>>
>>46465640
Shoo shoo froggy.

>>46465395
Nice scorpion, good taste in initiative boosters.
>>
File: feyshenanigans.png (202 KB, 703x495) Image search: [Google]
feyshenanigans.png
202 KB, 703x495
>>46465524
GM didn't really give a shit. Besides, Unnatural Lust was used to make everyone else kiss each other and away from her.

And as far as French stuff goes, I thought it made perfect sense: the snootiest race speaking with the snootiest language/accent.
>>
>>46465688

How much action did Helen get in that campaign?
>>
File: Elsbeth and Helen at the beach.png (1 MB, 1112x1509) Image search: [Google]
Elsbeth and Helen at the beach.png
1 MB, 1112x1509
>>46465603
Elsbeth is totally an elf, though...

Admittedly not a Golarion ayylmao elf, but whatever.

>>46465688
Isn't Helen wearing a glammered robe or some such nonsense? So not TECHNICALLY nekkid.
>>
>>46465688
>Unnatural Lust

I swear that spell should have the [Evil] descriptor.
>>
>>46465688
>snootiest
Says the Anglophone. Most arrogant is probably Israel or China.
>>
>>46465729
She's half-elf, plebeian. She counts as human for all effects regarding race.

>>46465732
Why? Because it hurts your feefees? Murder is evil too and damage spells are used for killing. That doesn't make them evil either.
>>
>>46464385
A degenerate after my own heart.
>>
>>46465638
>>46465673

Shouldn't you be dreaming of how easy it would be to slather yourself in woad and kill your neighbor for their sheep?
>>
>>46465766
So what you're saying is that she's half elf, half not-human? I'm not seeing where the problem is.
>>
>>46465732
Is it more or less evil when only one person is magicked into it?
>>
>>46464151
Hold the damn phone, this isn't the game with that bottle genie waifu or something like it that got banished and the GM killed the campaign, is it?
>>
Hey guys, how do i avoid blushing like a retard when playing? my group has always been a beer and pretzels one and i had no problem with them, but recently, with the addition of a veteran player and DM i feel kinda uncomfortable in roleplaying
>>
>>46465850
Yep, that was us.
>>
>>46465812

Wait, is Valeros or Merisiel getting the hypnosis? Because both of them seem to be into it.

Or are you talking about unnatural lust.
>>
>>46465766
Because it doesn't just hurt me, it also scandalizes the Very Much Human nobility I travel with and causes untold political chaos.
>>
>>46465868
Drain yourself of all the blood in your body before gaming.

>>46465879
Both. That's the matchmaker spell's art, it hits two people.

>>46465907
>chaos
But anon, Law = Evil and Chaos = Good.
>>
>>46465812
>Sarenrae scum getting cucked
Glorious
>>
>>46465879
Both in the pic, it's the new Matchmaker spell from Ultimate Intrigue that makes two people become romantically interested in each other.
>>
>>46465812
I have a confession to make!

I have been harboring hidden lusts for Merisiel despite talking shit about how retarded her build is.
>>
File: Helenicon1.png (385 KB, 821x1121) Image search: [Google]
Helenicon1.png
385 KB, 821x1121
>>46465712
Not a lot, actually. Campaign was cut short due to 'Kid Cthulhu' nonsense.

>>46465729
>>46465673
Yes and no; this game was still before she was fully introduced into the Eberron setting where her Scorpion familiar made more sense along with her tattoos; the glamoured robes were originally suggested by the GM because it gets cold in Khorvaire compared to the tropical Xendrik. It was then fluffed later that the robes were offered because Helen refused to wear many clothes at all, and so the 'pasties' as it were to match with the rest of the tattoos she is decorated in.
>Helen in that pic is actually wearing less than she actually does on average.

>>46465736
Point
>>
>>46466029

She's a big dumb rogue in lesbians with the party hardass.

She's also got a growing bust; first time I saw her she was almost totally flat, and now she's got a good handful of tit.
>>
>>46465673
A vrai-dire, je suis 5561 en haut,la. C'est comme ça que je sait que ses lignes dignes de Cyrano sont aussi bullshit que les cochonneries qu'on endenterais a un prom americain en louisiane ou autre place paquetée de cousins.
>>
>>46465877
You poor bastards, how did you coerce yourselves into magical realm-tier shittery? If I remember right there was three separate campaigns that she ran and burned.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46466189
Your mother
>>
>>46466193
There was a time where we still had hope in man.

No longer. No longer.

On the plus side, we know EXACTLY what we DON'T want in a game now, so our attempts to run/play various other games have gone significantly better. God damn if that wasn't a super shitty way to be introduced to D&D, though.
>>
>>46463452
>Pummeling Charge

not after the nerf
>>
>>46466300
That's usually how you learn, anon. Glad you guys at least spared yourselves from more of... that.
>>
>>46466364

What nerf?
>>
File: Shelyn_holy_symbol.jpg (55 KB, 409x433) Image search: [Google]
Shelyn_holy_symbol.jpg
55 KB, 409x433
>>46466300
EVEN NOW THERE IS HOPE FOR MAN
>>
>>46466477
What about hope for qlippoth-spawn Tieflings?
>>
>>46466509
no
>>
>>46466509
Yes.

>>46466561
Go away, Zyphus.
>>
>>46466477

Honest question, has anyone ever encountered a love goddess better than Shelyn?
>>
>>46465973
>>46465879
Yeah the spell only works if both fail their save AND could be attracted to one-another.

I hate to admit it but it's a rather "oh just shut up and fuck" magic, rather than some serious magical realm... mostly.

Still probably used for NTR left and right though, bleh.
>>
>>46466029
Allow me to pass on to you a piece of advice I once received when leaving for college.
>"Nothing wrong with liking the dumb ones. They're really easy and loyal too, so stupid girls make the best wives."

Unfortunately, my dad was talking about mom there.
>>
>>46466632
Was he right?
>>
File: Gwynevere_Full_Body.jpg (17 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Gwynevere_Full_Body.jpg
17 KB, 500x281
>>46466579
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.gif (257 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.gif
257 KB, 250x140
How do I AWAKEN MY MASTERS, /pfg/?
>>
>>46466695
Invalid since you never actually meet her
>>
>>46466695

Guinevere was the goddess of fertility, not love.
>>
File: grin.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
grin.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>46466648
actually yeah
>>
>>46466708
I'd say the Pillar Men are Mythic Aberrant Aegis
>>
File: MM EVEN NOW.jpg (48 KB, 224x257) Image search: [Google]
MM EVEN NOW.jpg
48 KB, 224x257
>>46466477
IS THERE?
>>
File: baron-ashura.jpg (53 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
baron-ashura.jpg
53 KB, 848x480
>>46466708
With the greatest sacrifice!
>>
>>46466695
Did her complete model ever got ripped?
I still want to see her feet
>>
>>46466695

>those hips

Oh my god.
>>
>>46466758
>Baron Ashura

Oh look, I found Corellon.
>>
Is feinting REALLY SUPER bad? It looks REALLY SUPER BAD.
>>
>>46466872
y
>>
File: 4635964337_ff64f5c8a2_b.jpg (673 KB, 905x1024) Image search: [Google]
4635964337_ff64f5c8a2_b.jpg
673 KB, 905x1024
>>46466872
Significantly better since the recent FAQ that confirmed Greater Feint applies to all attacks and not just yours.

You still want a way to do it faster than a move action, but that's what the stamina trick is for.
>>
Can an OD Warder multiclassed with Inquisitor have two different Inquisitions?
>>
Would /pfg/ play a CRPG based off Pathfinder and Golarion?

Would the inclusion of DSP content as optional modules in character creation influence that decision
>>
>>46466872
Normal people can't use feint or they get rekt, same as they can't grab, push, trip, disarm or really do anything but the one trick they dedicate their entire lives to doing. That's for magic users and weeaboo fighting magic.

I mean you don't get rekt BEFORE even getting to feint like the other ones, but you take your action doing nothing and they use theirs to punch you in the dick and it's a loss overall.
>>
>>46466748
Pillar Men would be a race or template.

One of these days I'm going to make that jojo-pire template?
>>
>>46466939
n/n

>>46466933
y
>>
File: Orx-005ex-02.jpg (36 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
Orx-005ex-02.jpg
36 KB, 400x341
>>46466939
Probably not
probably quite a bit yeah
>>
>>46466939
I'd rather have the core combat rules adjusted to even get them into a game than just plow over it and pretend there's nothing there by using PoW and PU (not that they aren't good material in their own right).
>>
>>46466939

>Would /pfg/ play a CRPG based off Pathfinder and Golarion?

Sure, it wouldn't be all that different from all the 3ed RPGs that came out in the late 90s (or KOTOR 1+2), and I liked most of those.

Of course, the prospect of any cRPG made in the CURRENT YEAR is pretty dicey. It's like every video game writer decided to self-lobotomize back in 2013 or so.
>>
>>46466939
Would depend what the plot was. I'd play a Rise of the Runelords game or something similar, but fuck if I'm going in for anything like the Pathfinder Online "nobodies doing nothing in Nowhere, River Kingdoms" setting, or anything to do with being a Pathfinder Society agent.
>>
In pathfinder/d&d/most other systems with similar magic structure, why are there not universities or schools where anyone can go and learn magic for free, or a nominal fee or agreed upon term of service? Think about how much more productive a population of level 1 wizards would be when compared to a population of level 1 commoners! Retraining rules even provide a framework for such an act, and all it would take is a handful of philanthropic wizards capable of teaching others.
>>
>>46467127
11+ Int only
>>
>>tfw will never play a game like kingmaker where you get to build your own kingdom and play civ 5 with social policies whilst using your economics knowledge to get an edge over the other party member's kingdoms
>>
File: ISMpg19.png (864 KB, 690x897) Image search: [Google]
ISMpg19.png
864 KB, 690x897
>>46467127
There literally are, anon. Inner Sea Magic covered the subject at length, and the boons you can get are downright amazing for multiclassed casters (i.e. all those NPCs with aristocrat 2/real class X), and strong for casters in general.
>>
File: ISMpg20-21.png (2 MB, 1380x897) Image search: [Google]
ISMpg20-21.png
2 MB, 1380x897
>>46467187
Educate yourself on the means to educate yourself, anons.
>>
>>46466939
Probably definitely
I've been jonesing for a good 3.pf-style CRPG, Pillars of Eternity's not there and most of the Forgotten Realms ones aged like milk.
>>
File: ISMpg22-23.png (2 MB, 1380x897) Image search: [Google]
ISMpg22-23.png
2 MB, 1380x897
>>46467262
>4716 AR
>being a multiclassed caster
>not joining a guild just for Eclectic Training
>>
File: ISMpg24-25.png (2 MB, 1380x897) Image search: [Google]
ISMpg24-25.png
2 MB, 1380x897
>>46467316
Monasteries, they're not boring places to set a backstory anymore!
>>
File: ISMpg26-27.png (2 MB, 1380x897) Image search: [Google]
ISMpg26-27.png
2 MB, 1380x897
>>46467352
Join the Hellknights, throw fuckers in jail and get known for it!
>>
>>46467316
Assuming your GM allows Equipment Trick (Sunrod) cheese, you can use Eclectic Training to get double-9ths.

>Wizard 1
>Cleric 3
>Eclectic Training Wiz +3, Cler +1 = Wiz4/Cler4
>Mystic Theurge 10 = Wiz14/Cler14
>Cler +3, Wiz +3 = Wiz17/Cler17

Using Psychic Mage, you can get 9th-level Psion powers, too!
>>
>>46463503
>F-List

My current score is 2 failed games DMing, one failed game as a player. The first time I had a Black Blade Magus who wanted to find a way to hook up with his sword, a Cleric with cursed lactating titties, and a Kitsune Paladin (shitty 3rd party Dragon Knight archetype) whose idea of Lawful Good was... skewed. A couple Kobolds got raped but it just kind of fell apart. The second time I tried to DM nothing of note happened, scheduling conflicts led to very little actual gameplay. When I was a player I got to be an Ifrit Barbarian and do some dungeon delving with a slightly lewd Aasimar Monk. We had a couple chats about how soft her hands actually were, and uh... the group fell apart.

tl;dr my F-List experience was soft and flaky, without much flavor.
>>
>>46467430
And before someone says 'but Equipment Trick (Sunrod) doesn't work RAW because you can't prepare a second-level spell without the right slot!' again, I would like to remind everyone that the sunrod has the same language as similar effects involving alchemical power components - you prepare the spell normally and choose to spend the extra component (in this case a Sunrod) at the time of casting, it isn't necessary to prepare with it. Not to mention, the feat would be utterly useless for spontaneous casters if that were the case, since they don't prepare whatsoever - and Paizo's purposeful removal of early entry tricks is the primary reason why metamagic rods of Heighten Spell don't exist.
>>
>>46467553
Nobody even brought it up, you autist. Stop trying to start the same stupid argument again.
>>
>>46467430
This sounds dumb
>>
>>46467430
>Equipment Trick (Sunrod) cheese,
I don't follow?

>>46467316
>>eclectic training
That is nothing short of being fucking amazing. I wish I could get this in my d&d 3.5 campaign, my cleric has forgone a caster level for a custom prestige class because radiant servant was too OP and it's hurting right now.
>>
>>46467491
>When I was a player I got to be an Ifrit Barbarian and do some dungeon delving with a slightly lewd Aasimar Monk. We had a couple chats about how soft her hands actually were, and uh... the group fell apart.

I remember that character, you mentioned something about fire ink and using it to make your cock glow?
>>
>>46467607
I will accept my autism if it means people won't try to argue the same retarded point that I've shut down 3 times so far in these threads. I am entirely okay with that.

>>46467650
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/equipment-trick-combat#TOC-Sunrod-Tricks

It's basically a free Heighten if you include a Sunrod when you cast a [Light] spell, making it effectively a 2nd-level spell for all purposes, and Dancing Lantern is a 1st-level [Light] spell on both the Wizard and Cleric lists, meaning something as simple as Wiz1/Cler2 with the appropriate skill ranks qualifies for Mystic Theurge with it - in fact, you don't even need the full +1/+3 Eclectic Training until 14th level when MT runs out, which gives you plenty of time ICly to obtain it. Until then, you just need the basic +1 version and you can enjoy fast-track Wizard and Cleric spell progression.

I'm not certain but I think even PFS has Equipment Trick (Sunrod), so if you want to delve into the cancer that is PFS, being a double-6ths caster at 11th level isn't a bad way to do it.
>>
>>46467316

>+1 caster level up to your hit dice, including spells known and casts per day

Oh shit, son.

>Accomplished Sneak Attacker: +1d6 sneak attack, requires sneak attack class feature.

>Arcane Trickster
>Requires 2nd level spells, 2d6 sneak attack

Looks to me like you can become an arcane trickster with a single level dip into unchained rogue, and still come out of it with full spellcasting progression.

An arcane trickster that starts as a teleportation specialist wizard would be a pretty slippery fucker, with free teleportation, greater invisibility, still and silent spell casts, etc.
>>
>>46467748
That could be pretty amusing, nice find.
>>
File: PF Zyphus.jpg (86 KB, 609x1452) Image search: [Google]
PF Zyphus.jpg
86 KB, 609x1452
>>46466570
no
>>
>>46466581
Well it's from Ultimate Intrigue so I could see it used to, say, make two rival nobles start making out in the middle of the royal ball, causing quite the scandal and distraction while your Rogue/Vigilante/what-have-you slips away to steal some illicit documents. Or something like that.
>>
>>46467656
Actually I had a poor understanding of its effects, I thought I would be able to rub it on the monk to make her "hot and bothered" though I'm pretty sure it's more of an "itchy and uncomfortable" feeling. It doesn't matter because nothing ever came of it. I am beginning to think fun is not for me.
>>
>>46467777

Thanks. Nice digits.

I'd like to try it in my current game, sine I'm still a 3rd level wizard, but we already have a rogue, and I don't want to creep in on his thing.
>>
>>46467887
Become sneak buddies, use your shenanigans to support his shenanigans, and bring about untold levels of trickery.
>>
File: 1431911115329.png (87 KB, 333x282) Image search: [Google]
1431911115329.png
87 KB, 333x282
>>46467880
>I am beginning to think fun is not for me.

Don't worry anon, everyone has disappointments in their life! The important thing is to realize what went wrong and make sure that next time you find that special someone, it doesn't happen again!

Are you still looking for a lewd campaign? I could keep my eyes out for one and relay them back here!
>>
File: warning roar.jpg (14 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
warning roar.jpg
14 KB, 450x338
>SRD doesn't have the full text of maneuvers
Oh come on, you'd think DSP stuff would be the one third party source that's exhaustively catalogued
>>
File: 1443302746324.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1443302746324.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>Roll20 hosting an online convention
>The banner for it on Roll20 is two hipster black women and a kinda iffy looking generic Whitish woman
>>
>>46467943
Well Expanded just came out technically
>>
>>46467943
Like hell. The dude in charge of d20pfsrd hasn't touched PoW stuff in what must be years now. I don't really blame him, because there is just SO MUCH CRAP that he needs to do to stay caught up, but still.

>>46467967
Sorreh mastah, I'll make sure ta keep muh hands offa yous tabletop gamin! Yeh suh!

Kindly kill yourself. Literally nobody cares, about whatever it is you want to shitpost about, nor if you live to see tomorrow.
>>
File: Byj8QLNCEAAFbT2.jpg (49 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Byj8QLNCEAAFbT2.jpg
49 KB, 600x600
>>46467967

IT'S CURRENT YEAR I MEAN COME ON
>>
File: The Hoplite (Pervandr).jpg (138 KB, 900x471) Image search: [Google]
The Hoplite (Pervandr).jpg
138 KB, 900x471
>>46467943
Add them yourself.

>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O1J7r7DS8FskBAZi4qDXxYKuXJxcgTDHw5XAQYwIQsE/edit?pli=1#
>>
>>46468018

Wow, whatever happened to being excellent to each other?

You really showed him by getting all aggressive and celebrating his hypothetical death.
>>
File: lisa why.png (120 KB, 346x250) Image search: [Google]
lisa why.png
120 KB, 346x250
>>46467967
your gif isn't even animated
>>
>>46468018
>Sorreh mastah, I'll make sure ta keep muh hands offa yous tabletop gamin! Yeh suh!
Good nigger. If you wonder why no one ever likes or supports you, reread the spoiler.
>>
>>46467967

Shouldn't there be at least one white man on the banner?

Considering, you know, that the vast majority of tabletop gamers are white males? It's pretty problematic behavior to intentionally ignore a huge demographic of your population.
>>
File: from this fovlness.png (966 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
from this fovlness.png
966 KB, 800x600
Tell me about the one guy/god/nation in your setting /everyone/ hates, which only survives because it's too difficult to kill.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 377x301) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 377x301
>>46468187
Uh Iran?
>>
File: EasyConversion.png (103 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
EasyConversion.png
103 KB, 236x236
>>46467967
Can you start shit on a different thread? The topic could be it's own entirely new thread, tbqh famiglia.

>>46468018
>>46468025
>>46468077
>>46468093
>>46468114
Please don't feed the flames, y'all.

Back on topic, is the Crossblooded Draconic/Orcish bloodline sorc 1 + Admixture Wizard 19 still the way to go for a blaster caster build, or are their better ways now with the newest material hitting the shelves?
>>
>>46462488
>Best
>Killable by just walking over them as a medium sized creature or larger.
>>
>>46468187
u
>>
File: I'm outta here.gif (907 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
I'm outta here.gif
907 KB, 500x394
>>46467967
To be fair, do you honestly think a banner with a fat neckbeard on it would look appealing to the eye?
>>
Something I noticed about the Harbinger. Its Accursed Will ability and Dark Focus both give insight bonuses to attack and damage. Which mean they don't stack, so one or the other of those bonuses is going to be rendered useless. Isn't this kind of dumb?
>>
>>46467967
God damnit Cyril, Me and the group are real fucking tired of your /pol/ posting. every goddamn waking minute its "Gorrilas" this and "Chimping" that and "Zootopia is actually a good movie, Wish all those Fursecutors would just go die" this.
>>
>>46468274

I'd appreciate the fucking honesty.
>>
>>46468274

Shit, he got us, lads. And I feel like an average Joe white dude would be just plain misleading. Maybe like, a skinnyshit with a stalkery air about him?
>>
>>46468274
Just because you're substandard doesn't mean everyone is, you know.
>>
>>46468274

Maybe just an average looking white dude? The two black chicks got crazy punk/hipster hair, that ain't average.
>>
>>46468275
Error, already caught - but thank you for bringing it up, anon. They stack in the final.
>>
File: DF_magma.gif (996 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
DF_magma.gif
996 KB, 500x276
>>46468187
The dwarves. And by extension the chromatic dragons they serve, but mostly the dwarves.

They're feral murderous cultist shits who make mining impossible and murder everyone they tunnel into. The chromatics like them that way, because the fey that rule the surface would slaughter them all given a chance.

An entire race that's too crazy to mind control and universally armed with cold iron is a pretty good deterrent to any invasion of the dragons' underground empires.
>>
File: yellowlanternsups.jpg (167 KB, 1805x802) Image search: [Google]
yellowlanternsups.jpg
167 KB, 1805x802
>>46468187
Pic related, in a nutshell.
>>
>>46468187
In my world there is a nation called Barium, a LE Mageocracy ruled over by a nobility comprised totally of Wizards.

Some laws in the country include;
-All laws must be written in a specific language (which can only be spoken by Wizards, like an Arcane version of Druidic)
>Only people who can cast Arcane spells have property rights
>Except Sorcerers or Witches. They get burned at the stake by state Inquisitors.
>If you aren't an Arcane spellcaster, you're a serf
>Children with Arcane talent are taken from their homes to be trained. If they learn to be Wizards, they get adopted by a noble family. If they are Sorcerers, they get turned into Nulls, magically lobotomized slaves who act as familiars for Wizards.
>Bards must be trained in a college and have license from the crown to practice their art and perform.
>Divine magic is tolerated, barely.

They act as the antagonist for the home country of the players, a mechanized republic with heavy divine magic favoritism. The players hate them so much, but the world is on the edge of WW1 so they spend most of their time trying to keep Franz from getting shot.
>>
>>46468274
STOP BODY SHAMING US!
>>
File: The Sundering Series.jpg (120 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
The Sundering Series.jpg
120 KB, 1024x576
>>46468187
Elminster Aumar

>>46468396
Sounds like Halruaa from the Forgotten Realms.
>>
File: 1458418482115.jpg (255 KB, 1600x815) Image search: [Google]
1458418482115.jpg
255 KB, 1600x815
>>46468187

That would be the Republic of Vandorme, the Not!Dutch of my setting and a nation born from the botched experiments of the Dragon-Elector that once ruled the region.

They're a nation of giants and half-giants that are sitting on some of the most extensive Archives in the setting, and have been exploiting the discoveries within to produce what can only be described as Napoleonic-tier weaponry in a setting still in the throes of the Renaissance. To make matters more complicated, their precarious geographic position means the Drachenstaat (the Dragon HRE that once ruled over them) can't simply invade them through brute force as that might spark a war between the Drachenstaat and the Kingdom of Chalon, the Not!France of the setting and a serious bruiser in military affairs.

Their main export is terrorism.
>>
>>46468396
Why the sorcerer/witch hate? Getting power from somewhere else or what? What about sage sorcerers or whatever bloodline uses Int? Do people who can use arcane cantrips from traits count? What's the cutoff for being an arcane caster?
>>
>>46468536
The thought that powerful magic could spring up in random people terrifies the people of the nation. They live above a congregation of Ley Lines, making arcane magic very powerful. The people were ruled by tyrant Sorcerers in the past and when they were defeated, laws were created that eventually led to Sorcerers being a persecuted class. Witches form pacts with poorly understood Patrons, who are mistrusted and likewise can spring up in almost anyone. To them the only TRUE magic is that which comes from study and how the written magical word is considered sacred.

Sorcerers try to hide their talent and pretend at being Wizards. Arcane Sorcerers do it best, but others can try to hide from getting found out.

Cantrips don't count, but many people have the ability to use them since many people are born with natural talents for magic int he country, thanks to the Ley Lines. If they can use that to learn real magic, it's s step up, but most people are seen as being 'too stupid' or 'dim' to use real magic.

If you're not smart enough to use 'real' magic, you are not smart enough to have a say in the laws or ruling the country.

>>46468472
It does a bit, just more Evil, like Thay.
>not liking Elminster
>>
>>46467920
Considering my 5E group has met once in the past two months, any game would be a blessing.
>>
File: 1408186794103.jpg (86 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1408186794103.jpg
86 KB, 500x484
>Want to try "Broken class"
>Intentionally deoptimize so it doesnt ruin party balance
>"Lol anon how could you fuck up such an easy to optimize character"
>Play mid~low power class
>Optimize to the hilt so it doesnt become a burden/liability to the group
>"Anon y r u such a powergaming munchkin lol"
When does it ever end?
>>
>>46468658
When you kill yourself for being a dumb frogposter
>>
File: Smiling Lolth.png (497 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Lolth.png
497 KB, 500x686
>>46468635
I should have went with Lolth.

Not even her priestesses like her.
>>
>>46468684

But anon, we're all frogposters here.
>>
File: 4dW8lE9.png (487 KB, 500x686) Image search: [Google]
4dW8lE9.png
487 KB, 500x686
>>46468187
The Fae. Even before they existed as Far everyone hated them, and its only by divine mandate that they survived the collapse of their empire.

Still, that hasn't stopped an insane, immortal, former test subject White Dragon from doing everything he can to hunt down any Fae he comes across, often polymorphing as an armored warrior in white in order to gather people to help him kill as much as he can.

The disguise never lasts. Once he starts ripping them open and creating on their entrails is usually when the masquerade starts to fall.
>>
>>46468716
>creating
I said "eating" you stupid autocorrect!
>>
>>46466872
Unless you're up Will O Wisp or creatures who rely soley on Dex for AC it's pretty meh.

Dirty Trick, Dazzling Display, Invisibility, Blinking all do what Feinting does but more.
>>
File: Fun Bun.jpg (33 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Fun Bun.jpg
33 KB, 600x450
>>46468712
We should all kill ourselves.
>>
>>46468716
So like, does he have an internship program or something? Where should I send my resume?
>>
Post your favorite magical beasts and animals, lads
>>
File: 1290342010143.jpg (319 KB, 817x1000) Image search: [Google]
1290342010143.jpg
319 KB, 817x1000
>>46468716
That last part might work in the Unseelie Courts, as long as he still observes the social graces while ripping them open.
>>
>>46468187
My setting has a gnoll empire that's basically the Zulu mixed with Napoleonic France. Not everyone cares that much about them, for geographical reasons, but their neighbors hate them because they're bloody conquerors who force a new way of life, and the major powers hate them because they trashed an elven Rhodesia analogue.
>>
>>46468854
Ostovites are cute
>>
>>46468916
I'm not sure you and I have the same definition of cute.

When I look into those tiny red eyes, I see an unfettered malevolence.
>>
>>46469035
They burrow into dead bodies and ride them around like a fleshy zombie mecha
How is that not adorable
>>
>>46468916
Do you want Tyranids?
Cause this is how you get Tyranids
>>
>>46468635

>liking elminster

He's the worst aspect of that world, and it's not a great world in the fist place. He's fine as a character in his own story, but if he shows up in yours, you just became 2000% less relevant.
>>
File: dragon_stages_by_garthft.jpg (516 KB, 700x895) Image search: [Google]
dragon_stages_by_garthft.jpg
516 KB, 700x895
>>46468767
>internship program or something?
Funny you should mention that. First, some background info.

In my setting, Dragons are asexual, being one of the most ancient races who predate natural organic life. Instead of reproducing, their essence is tied to the natural flow of magic in the world, and several artifacts scattered across the world, and so when they die they reincarnate some time later at one of these artifact sites (or in a special vessel prepared ahead of time to be tended by someone they trust, commonly called a Dragon Egg), as a completely new individual, though one that can come to learn of its past lives through experience, growth, and meditation (think like the Avatar from A:TLA).

Now, during each lifetime, a Dragon may choose to uplift a single mortal organism as his "herald", granting unto it a portion of its Draconic might, power, and essence. In game, this is represented by the application of the Half-Dragon template.

Now, a Dragon csn only choose a single herald per lifetime, and that herald's lifespan is extended to last as long as the Dragon's. This white dragon was rendered Immortal by the experimentation performed on him, and I've left it up in the air regarding Lore whether he ever did gain a herald or not.

The original plan was they he already had one, and that herald betrayed him and caused him to be tortured and tormented so, hence part of his burning insanity and blind rage.

>>46468900
The standard "courts" as commonly known do not exist in this setting. There are certain small councils of disparate former kinsmen and brotherhoods from before the destruction of their empire and their transfiguration into the Fae, but they are often scattered and falling apart as the younger Fae continue to abandon the old ways in favor of following their chaotic instincts.
Luckily for the Fae, the dragon's all consuming rage often tires him out, so once he's had himself enough carnage he goes off to sleep for several years
>>
>>46469123
Sounds pretty Wakfu.
>>
>>46469153
Never seen it, as I can't read French nor have the patience to look for good subs.

Granted I'm aware that I am ripping off more than a few ideas, but I figure as long as I make it coherent and enjoyable enough it will be fine.
Nihil Novum Sub Sol
>>
>>46469190
It's not a bad thing. Wakfu's dragons were pretty fantastic.
>>
File: le Roi-Soleil.gif (3 MB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
le Roi-Soleil.gif
3 MB, 600x300
>>46468187
>Tell me about the one guy/god/nation in your setting /everyone/ hates, which only survives because it's too difficult to kill.
>>
I heard something existed that had DR slashing, bludgeoning, and piercing. What was it?
>>
>>46469219

I will never not love this gif.
>>
>>46469123
>Dragons are asexual...
What SJW transgender-agenda shit is this?

>Blah blah dragons FFVII lifestream etc etc
I know you think you're being original kid but you're really not. There is literally no setting involving dragons that hasn't been done.
>>
>>46469219
>>46465002
Now go gattai into one image!
>>
>>46464675
Some confusion here as to whether you're referring to maneuvers (like trip or sunder) or "maneuvers" (path of war ones). Path of war maneuvers will generally tell you what type of action is required to initiate them (and to the best of my knowledge, you can initiate a 'standard' maneuver as part of a full attack, but not multiple ones at a time).

With natural attacks you can only use one at a time while moving, unless you've got something that says otherwise. So you could move and make a claw attack and attempt to sunder with it, but you could not move and make 2 claw attacks.

So you could move and use a bite attack (which would allow you to initiate a manueve).

Or if you're making a full attack, you can use your natural attacks as part of that (at BAB for primary natural attacks, or -5 BAB for secondary natural attacks, -2 for secondary natural attacks IF you have the multiattack feat). Natural attacks do not benefit from iterative attacks.

So if you were a full BAB user with +10/+5 say 6 secondary natural attacks and multiattack, you could make a full attack at +10 (+relevant stat), your 6 secondary natural attacks at +8 (+relevent stat, usually strength), and your second weapon attack at +5(+stat) and then you'd be done.

For maneuvers like trip, you can make them as part of any attack at whatever relevant BAB you'd use (so if you were +11/+6/+1, a trip attempt made on the third attack would have a -10 to the CMB for it).
>>
File: straw man.jpg (63 KB, 614x299) Image search: [Google]
straw man.jpg
63 KB, 614x299
>>46469337
>What SJW transgender-agenda shit is this?
It's not, its Biology. Dragons do not have any sex at all, they are essentially giant magical furnaces and beings of pure power and destruction. The phrase "asexual" did have meaning before the tumbltards and SJWs ruined it

And no, if you bloody read the thread, particularly>>46469190 youd know that being original is not my aim in the slightest, creating a coherent setting where people aren't boning dragons 24/7 is because with this setting I'm actively removing and avoiding all of my fetishes so that my group won't think I'm magical realming
Now quit strawmanning like a retard shitposter
>>
>>46469430
Also, if you have BAB that would grant an additional attack instead of getting an iterative attack with a natural weapon, you just get to use another one on the go

So if you had 2 claws and +4bab, you could only use 1 on the go, if you had +5bab you could instead use both on the go.
>>
Is there any fix for the Medium yet that doesn't completely change its core concept like making it into a soulknife etc?

Also do you think its possible for that eyeball mesmerist archetype from ultimate intrigue to be good?
>>
File: 1389179134729.png (4 KB, 203x231) Image search: [Google]
1389179134729.png
4 KB, 203x231
>>46469586

>Denying yourself your fetishes
>Not embracing them

My dragons produce dragonborn by deflowering and impregnating human women, the resulting spawn are known for their wonderful plumage and can bear or sire children. Children of these dragonborn, however, are sterile, meaning a constant stream of viable dragonborn is needed.

The most powerful woman of the setting is a voluptuous genki brown-girl tomboy Spaniard.
>>
>>46469679
The problem is all my friends are normies who would probably be creeped out by my numerous fetishes, and if I'm going to be a DM, I'd rather not be That DM who just makes things aweful for everyone. I owe my friends better than that.
>>
In the Company of Rakshasa came out and i didn't know? Fuck. Its by Wendall Roy so hopefully its alright.

Does anyone else use Monster Classes? I'm a big fan of it. So far I've usually used In the Company Of, but i once played a homebrew class and I nearly played one of those DSP monster classes but honestly i didn't enjoy the look of them.
>>
File: v93ipaZ.gif (1014 KB, 340x204) Image search: [Google]
v93ipaZ.gif
1014 KB, 340x204
>>46469673
Eyebiter mesmerist, you mean? It's just as good as the base class, save maybe that you'll miss touch treatment whenever someone intimidates you. The Will-save-vs-blindness tricks are probably worth that much.

All the other trades are shit like mental potency that you'll never use, or Bluff bonuses you didn't really need.

...OH HEY, it just occurred to me that while they barred it from Improved Familiar and such, nothing says you can't give your eyeball familiar archetypes. That'd be hilarious.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.