[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27
File: tzeentch daemonkin.jpg (357 KB, 1536x936) Image search: [Google]
tzeentch daemonkin.jpg
357 KB, 1536x936
>resources
pastebin.com/jfL9Bbrj

Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower edition

>The working title in the studio is or was Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower.

>Will it be the final product name? I don't know.

>The concept is a dungeon crawl in an ever-changing labyrinth of Tzeentch, slaying Horrors (that just turn into more, smaller Horrors) and other creatures of Tzeentch.

via Sad Panda@Dakka

Oh... the original Pink&Blue Horrors returned! When you kill 1 pink, it split into 2 blue!
>>
>>46423431
Is it fantasy or AoS? Itd be cool to have a nice RPG element. Havent played a decent dungeon crawler in a while.
>>
It's that time again guys. Time for you to talk about and discuss Your Dudes.
New armies, conversions, greenstuff modelling, all that good stuff. And the usual questions:
>How have you incorporated your WHFB armies into AOS?
>Have you made any new armies or acquired any new models?
>Made any conversions?
>Have you written a background or story for your guys?
>>
Somethings wrong with the battletomes. Every time I try to download Stormcast Extremis nothing comes up.
>>
File: FullCrewFront.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
FullCrewFront.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1840
>>46423883
Haven't thought to much about fluff for my Dwarfs yet, but I am trying to think about how to paint them to fit some form of military structure.

I have decided they come from a hold in one of the mortal realms that weathered out the Age of Chaos because fuck changing their mountain home backstory for whatever shit they would live on Planet Sigmar. Now that the Age of Chaos has ended and Chaos is being pushed back a bit, they decided it was high time to A) Join the fight and B) Take this chance to look for rare or expensive resources for their hold.
Why are they fighting the Sylvaneth you ask? Someone told them Treelords make fantastic axe handles.

The holds "official" colour is a dark blue, so that will be used for things like standards, as well as the amour of the "professional" soldiers - Namely the Ironbreakers, Irondrakes, Hammerers and heroes, as well as certain members of other units (such as unit leaders and maybe one or two people from a warmachine crew).
The other units will wear different colours to show they are just a quickly slapped together militia.
I am worried about how the different coloured clothing would look on a larger unit though, since even if I restrict it to only 3 or 4 different colour outfits, I am afraid it could look a bit to mixed if they don't really have a bit where I can do them all the same colour (like a shield for example).

I am thinking about dwarfing up a Steamtank with spare bits from Gyrocopters and the various other kits, but I am not sure how well it would turn out.

I also have some Sylvaneth, but I am really struggling to think of what possible background they could have other than "they are spooky trees", since they are like the old Lizardmen in that they kind of have a one track mind.
>>
>>46424234
Sounds pretty solid anon, perhaps you can simply keep the diffrent colored clothing sparse and only apply it to certain pieces?
>I am thinking about dwarfing up a Steamtank
That could work and look really cool. You just gotta be clever with the conversions. Perhaps you can look up some artwork of dwarf machinery for idea?
>>
>>46423587
AoS is fantasy. So yes, it's fantasy
>>
>>46424767
They've continued to release things in the Fantasy world while releasing AoS content. They're two distinct things now.
>>
>>46424234
Got a color scheme for my Carnosaur finally. Just gotta base and paint the rest of my dudes and Ill have the startings of my Serabro army up and running.
>>46424767
I meant Warhammer Fantasy.
>>
>>46424604
I am running with the assumption that the Dwarf Cannon can fit into the steamtank instead of the one it comes with with a bit of fiddling. Seeing as half of it is inside the model, it shouldn't matter if I have to cut a chunk of the cannon off.
Between all the random bits, unused runic icons, unused shields and other dwarfy bits that come in all the kits, (Especially the Gyrocopter, seeing as the decorative parts that come in there are fairy large), I think I should have enough to cover the entire hull.
Another thing I wanted to do was to try and get a Dwarf to fit into the top hatch somehow. Until I get a steamtank kit in front of me it is hard to judge I guess. All I can really confirm from the pictures provided on the GW website is that there is nothing Empireish on the hull before assembly. Pretty much all of it has to be glued on.
>>
What happened to Lizardmen
All I'm hearing in another thread is lies
Disgraceful demon lies
>>
>>46424832
Silver tower is AoS.

Unfortunately
>>
>>46425407
Got any specific questions? I just got finished reading the last tome and novel so shoot.
>>
>>46425479
Anything, mostly general, I know nothing about what happened to then in AoS
I'm being told they're Daemons or Order Daemons or something and I want to know what the fuck
>>
>>46425407
Short version: When the world ended they were IN OUTER SPACE, so they were mostly saved. They sorta hung out in the primordial magic that was the realm between the Old World and the new planescape-style world, then threw in with the Plane of the Heavens. They didn't want to interfere with Sigmar's bullshit where he was setting up, so they set up shop in a different section of the plane, closer to the Source of Magic. Unfortunately, this wound up warping them, and now they have Magic in their veins as much as they have Blood - hence the concept of being Order Daemons.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (185 KB, 1199x755) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
185 KB, 1199x755
This is my biggest gripe with AoS. Their complete aversion to named characters

I remember seeing this model when I first got into fantasy. I looked at him and saw his name and just started imagining what this guy was about, how he got his name. He must be a bad ass to be called that. It launched my interest into the lore

now hes just "Exalted Hero of Chaos"
>>
>>46425479
the Old Ones and the Great Plan
what do the Slaan have the lizards do?
>>
>>46424829
You mean some novels and the old digital rulebook which was on sale before aos? Yeah those don't count.

AoS is fantasy now
>>
>>46425698
The great strength of Warhammer Fantasy is creating your own scenarios and characters.
>>
>>46425698
This is actually one of the things i like best about it. The named characters have become less of a must-have simply due to there being fewer, and you dont find your army nerfed as much because you want to run your-custom-dudes over a named character who fluff-wise has no business with your dudes.
>>
>>46425607
Oh k, so when The world that was exploded(that how the refer to Fantasy) the Seraphon(what they are called now.) Drifted along the stars for ages. All but the Slann survived, though only through sheer force of willpower.
>>46425637
Going off of this, The Slann decided to come together and formulate a new grand plan to defeat Chaos. Being buffed with this new power, they found that they were able to call forth the old Lizardmen armies from memory. ( Though it is also stated that the lizardmen actually do exist in what seems to be a realm for themselves, waiting to be called upon) Each Slann can summon up entire armies and fight whenever and wherever they deem would set the course towards their goal, after meditating and divining the future.
>>46425704
See above but really what happens is that since the Slann, having made a new plan, basically teleport down, and summon up whatever they need for the task at hand. The Seraphon come either in the form of beams of light, or blazing comets that act as sort of deep strike. The Slann and Seraphon have the power of pure magic running thru their veins and the Slann in question can just about do anything with it. In the Skaven Pestilens novel, they have actual dialog with the stormcast. They talk about their differences and how they both hate chaos. It also shows their Slann basically farting while meditating, which resulted in a acid rain the Skaven summoned to eat away at them into nothing but foul air swept away on the wind.
>>
>>46425824
But when the named dudes came out, you knew shit was really going down.

Now its just nameless guys fighting for immaterial things in planes of generic fantasy settings
>>
>>46425824
Well, I got Kroak a couple days ago since I like to play anything as more on the damage focus side. Plus, while I might get a regular Slann Starmaster, I think Kroaks model looks cool as shit.
>>
>>46425637
>>46425826
Thank you
>>
>>46425863
I dont know how to word this without it ending up as the whole "forge your narrative", but you can still make him that guy that got you into the lore. Capture a bit of the magical nostalgia and make your guy the best in the bizz. Each time you play you can tally that victory or if your army was too incompetent to be led by a glorious leader such as him, and got themselves killed, you can call it a tactical reformation.
>>
>>46425863
>generic fantasy settings
Hahahaha, what was old fantasy? An original fantasy setting?

The big gripe i had with it was that you couldnt be competitive AND original. It was one or the other. Now you can have both.
>>
>>46425918
Best thing to do is to check out their battletome, and the novel I mentioned in the rescources.
>>
>>46425963
Old fantasy was an amalgamation of all the things the creators liked about their favorite settings, mixed together and then expanded.

Sigmar is the same but the people who created it have terrible taste in settings
>>
>>46424182
Work fine for me, try this one.

https://mega.nz/#!C55nWY5I!TYLNHWykN7Uvwsl2CDy1QLxebjAs8PRIrtVuOiso3po
>>
In all honestly, would you guys have preferred for fantasy to have survived?

Given the choice, would you keep Age of Sigmar?
>>
>>46426021
Nice opinions, which can be argued on their own merits, but the one that can not be argued is that old fantasy wasn't generic as fuck. Sure it had some cool elements that we all liked, but it really didnt bring anything original to the table.

>>46426053
In all honestly? I would have been cool if old fantasy stayed, because I liked it. But this new AoS has a lot of cool stuff that I am a fan of it too.
>>
>>46426053
The perfect question for all the shit posters to have fun with. There is no answer anyone can give without the Avatars of Shit Throwing coming down to hate on this game and annoying the hell out of people who dont.
But Im gnna answer anyway.
I always love Warhammer anything. But seeing how you need to buy an expensive rule book for your faction, have AT LEAST 2k army, find a community to actively play it to justify getting all of the aforementioned stuff, and lastly, having fun while playing it against people who can learn to chill out and remember that this is all a damned hobby to bring a little joy into your life, not make you into a filth filled asshole of hate+2, I had to settle for watching battle reports and reading the novels.
While I'll admit that AoS prices arent the best, there are places to get it cheaper and you not need nearly as much to play as with Fantasy.
>>
>>46426189
meant to say cant in the
>having fun while playing it against people who can learn to chill out and remember that this is all a damned hobby to bring a little joy into your life, not make you into a filth filled asshole of hate+2, I had to settle for watching battle reports and reading the novels.
>>
File: Fuck you gw.jpg (13 KB, 849x39) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you gw.jpg
13 KB, 849x39
>>46425944
But there is less customization to make your own characters now

In fantasy I had a skaven warlord. He kept getting stomped over and over by ogres, so I got him a rat ogre to ride on so he could stand on the same level.

Then he kept getting killed in duels with a tyrant over and over. So I kitbashed a fellblade for him to use. He was this huge model with loads of stuff on it and he was my special general with his own name and backstory

Now he's a rat ogre
>>
>>46426361
I dont understand why he would be a rat ogre if he is riding one? I feel like Im missing something with this. But what is stopping you from carrying that into Age? I mean yes, some of the stuff you put on him may not mean the same, but there isnt anything stopping you from using him in AoS? Hell, there is a temple that pops up here to make your own warscrolls. I think its in the rescources. You can make you own stats nd rules for your guy that would allow you to play. You might have to tweak it every match or so, but its doable.
>>
File: 1436484618106.jpg (20 KB, 418x546) Image search: [Google]
1436484618106.jpg
20 KB, 418x546
>>46424234
>mfw clipboard
>>
>>46425863
>But when the named dudes came out, you knew shit was really going down.
Yes, all those times the great archmage Teclis showed up at Random Battle #48 were so inspiring.
>>
>>46426053
Moot question. Fantasy wasn't going to survive after how horrible 7th and especially 8th edition were. For all the trolling about AoS being a dead game, WHFB would've made it a reality.
>>
>>46426470
>>46426361
holy crap i cant type worth anything when im sleepy. I meant Template.
>>
>>46426667
If GW put all the time and effort into revitalizing fantasy instead of replacing it we would be in the same place, but with less shitposting
>>
>>46426718
I would ask how they could have done that but this is a Age Of Sigmar gen.
>>
>>46425698
they are avoiding characters because the old world had too fucking many, and now they're all dead

theres still SOME characters around, like nagash and my nigga Kroak
>>
File: 1459639634004.png (3 MB, 1534x980) Image search: [Google]
1459639634004.png
3 MB, 1534x980
Do you have any idea how trippy it'd be if you were walking around this place?
>>
>>46426777
You know, have any of you guys attempted to make your own area in a mortal realm? With how creative /tg/ is with ideas, I'm surprised no one has posted their own maps.
>>
>>46423883
So, I've been kicking around an idea for an army since the order compendium came out.

Considering that the gods are giant assholes in this setting (especially Sigmar's eye-lasering of his own people after the civil war in Azyrheim), with pretty much all the shit the mortals have to deal with being a result of divine dickmongery, I figured it would make perfect sense that a small alliance of individuals who have had enough of their shit would band together into a force with deicide as their driving force. Chaos is the first priority for obvious reasons, but Nagash, Sigmar, and Gorkamorka are their intended targets once those jerks are dealt with.

I'm starting with Wanderers that made a blood pact with a faction of Sylvaneth after the two fought off Nurgle forces from a grove that wasn't important enough for the Sigmarines to justify allocating forces to. Most interesting way I could figure to justify combining the old Wood Elf factions after the new fluff's tree-people hate-boner for the pointy ears was established. I'll probably add some dark elf factions next maybe, though I'm also liking the idea of adding a necromancer that's through putting up with Nagash's dickish shenanigans.
>>
>>46426992
Of course weve created our own areas within the realms, but just never bothered to draw maps.
>>
>>46426992
I actually have, but I am not great at putting it on paper. I have a very loose sketch and have been adding to it whenever I have inspiration.
>>
>>46427045
Dark elves would fit great, but and anti group of order would have a tough time trying to not eventually just be Chaos 2.0, how would you have them fight against that?
>>
>>46427045
Intresting idea anon, it would be crazy to see such an army take on the gods themselves when theirs legions of fanatics behind everyone of them. Curious to know where you might lead this in the future.
>>46427066
>>46427088
Well why not at least give a brief discription? I'm really intrested to know what other people have come up with and I'm sure that once people start listing their ideas then some people might combine their ideas to make fully fleshed out areas of the realms for everyone to use for stories and battle plans.
>>
>>46425728
Not him, but I assume he's talking about Vermintide and Total War: Warhammer. AoS isn't Warhammer Fantasy. Fantasy isn't even in the title of the game.
>>
File: 1355079801869.jpg (32 KB, 348x310) Image search: [Google]
1355079801869.jpg
32 KB, 348x310
>>46425698

Reminder that named characters in AoS are all $100 kits or more.
>>
>>46427130
I figure their goal is that by killing the "gods" who are really just mortals imbued with the power of a wind of magic, they'll return that portion of the wind back to their requisite realms, restoring the natural order (if there's really a natural order at all in the realms). Rather than trying to subjugate everything the way chaos is, they're more of theistic anarchists who feel that without gods to throw the civilizations of the realms at each other to achieve their goals, everyone can live in relative harmony.

I do think the risk that their endgame could just result in them becoming Chaos 2.0 adds a bit of morally grey depth to the whole thing, though. Are they really doing good for the mortal races, or just further compounding their troubles? Gives room for some character growth in a narrative campaign, if I get one of those going at some point.
>>
>>46427294
Like I said, mine is in pre Alpha stages. The thing is, I dont want to end up making a setting in a setting, but I cant settle with just having one realm. I suppose if I had to choose one, it may be Ghyran, as it has most of what I like.
>>
>>46427458
Could be a weird converging point of multiples realms. Like a realmgate was shattered, causing two separate realms to intermix in that area.
>>
>>46427358
Also, maybe the racial diversity adds tension. I can see them getting lost with personal ideals of what a world would be like without a deity to boss them around. But another thing is, I can see this becoming dangerously "tipping" to the "euphoric" if you catch my drift, if not handled right.
>>
>>46427501
I would dare say you may have stumbled on something GW might used. Copyright that shizz. But you also gave me an idea to combine a setting with my dudes to exist comfortably in.
>>
>>46427546
Honestly, if GW takes that idea and makes it canon, I'd be happy. The more they give us to work with as to the nature of the realms, the more "free" I feel to make my own stuff within them. Every time they say "make up your own stuff, everything is okay!" I can't help but doubt that. Things work a certain way, no matter the setting.
>>
>>46427517
I'm not sure I entirely understand what you mean by that last bit, but I like the racial tension tugging at the bonds of the alliance. The entire thing is a risky proposition, since if they fail, the afterlife prospects for anyone involved are pretty dismal. The possibility of any one of the leaders stabbing the rest in the back and screwing everyone else over eternally probably makes them all pretty paranoid.
>>
>>46427517
>>46427674
Oh, fuck, I'm dense. Yeah, these guys are pretty much -literally- militant atheists, when it comes down to it. I feel like it's a bit different from the standard fedora crap when the gods are active physical players in the universe, though.
>>
>>46427740
Depends on how it's done. If the part about gods just being mortals with a shit ton of power is emphasized, it shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>46427300
kroak is $60
>>
>>46427612
Alright so this may sound completely retarded but whatever.
This setting will serve as the home for my dudes, and as possible campaign fuel.
So, I always liked Lord Kroak, and I finally got him on the way. Since the backstory of the Seraphon is that its mostly the Slann running around doing stuff and summoning shit, with little mentioning of Kroak. What it does say is that since he died and has stubbornly existed, linked to his body for the longest amount of time anything has existed besides Chaos and the Old Ones, he is but a shadow of his former glory. Yet still a magical rapetrain of sweet awesomeness. Another thing, it says that the Slann have trouble discerning time since they have lived for so long, it all blends together.
So when the Slann were shown the mortal realms and blessed by the power of the Azyr, they decided to create a new Grand Slam to end Chaos forever. But Kroak, freed from( maybe minor but I dunno) the restrains of a physical perspective, has seen a potential flaw in the plan. Since the Slann are busy meditating and fighting and do not speak with the other Slann for potential centuries, Kroak has took it upon himself to work on a project that may help tip the balance. With the power of the Azyr, that only with continued use( fighting ) will he be able to accomplish his goal.
His goal is to essentially tap into the power of each realm, take a bit for himself, and stitch them together, creating a realm where the Lizardmen can thrive once more, no longer held back by what restricted them in the world that was, no longer mere memories( or summons since it is hinted they actually exist somewhere not as memories) and also not completely reliant, yet proficient enough with the Azyr magic. With enough time, fighting and careful planning, they may even not have to exist for the singular purpose of fighting chaos....Thats about it I think. At least thats what I thought of 5 seconds after you gave me the idea.
>>
>>46427892
Gutrot Spume is $30.
>>
>>46427892
>>46427942

One was made for WHFB and the other WH:ET
>>
>>46427740
Nah dude, like I said, the idea is solid. I can see someone though try to label it as something you dont want it to be. Have you ever thought that maybe Stormcast could join? Remember that they were created to fight Sigmars enemies, but everytime they die, Nagash apparently takes a bit of their souls, resulting in memories and personality bits lost. There is also the fact that it is stated numerous times that some Storm Chambers are more faithful than others...maybe some Stormcats see this and dont want to be mindless soldiers after dying multiple times in the name of Sigmar. They could serve as an aux force, since if they die they would just go back and get spanked ruthlessly by Sigmar.
>>
>>46427982
Your point? The only named character for Age of Sigmar so far has been Archaon, and, the Celestant Prime, I guess. Archaon is going to have a huge model because he's the BBEG of the setting, and the Celestant Prime is $80, and is the Stormcast's only primarch.
>>
>>46426992
I'm doing Aelves, so I'm waiting to hear literally anything about the Realm of Light.
>>
>>46428031
The most likely to help out would be Seraphon. Getting rid of the gods would get rid of a whole lot of change and variation.
>>
>>46428031
I might incorporate something like that later. There would be a lot of animosity towards the Stormcast due to the initial events that brought the Wanderer and Sylvaneth portions together, though.
>>
>>46427926
Pretty good anon, a solid idea that you can certainly work alot of stuff into. Not too bad, all in all.
>>
>>46427926
Oh yeah I forgot, along with the creation of a new realm to act as a true antichaos force, Kroak is also trying to get back a body because being a spirit and buffed with magic out the wazoo has allowed him to have the possibility of ascension, into something more than a Starmaster(if he counts as one)
>>46428063
That could also work, as the Slann have the ideal of perfect order, but I can see the Orcz and Undead being clear objections to this.
>>46428062
Y'know, since it ambiguous wether or not the free peoples Elves and Dark Elves were what Malerion and the Other Elf Gods were looking for, I feel like when the Light and Dark Realms gets fleshed out, will there be completely new units? Or will the races go to their respective god?
>>
>>46427926
I'm always hesitant to use named characters in storylines like this, since it detracts from the potential to work in canon.

If it were me, I'd do it as my own first generation Slann, possibly one that ended up in a similar situation to Kroak. But if you are set on having it be him specifically, I think it could still work.
>>
>>46428119
>Y'know, since it ambiguous wether or not the free peoples Elves and Dark Elves were what Malerion and the Other Elf Gods were looking for, I feel like when the Light and Dark Realms gets fleshed out, will there be completely new units? Or will the races go to their respective god?
Either way, I've got a Teclis model and I feel like he's going to be a Big Fucking Deal.
>>
Is there a way to play this game without having to drop $500 on a bunch of plastic toys, or should I just stick to D&D? A bunch of my friends are getting into this but they're all NEETS with tons of disposable income.
>>
>>46428139
Yeah, like i said, I love Kroak, so for the time being its going to be him unless I feel differently. Oooooooh, I just remember that one Slann who died, and his Seraphon didnt leave until his magic dissapated. WHAT IF Kroak ate that shit up for a power boost, Turles style?
>>46428169
Ebay, stores that sell GW products at a discount.
>>
>>46428169
Many/Most LGSes have their Age of Sigmar starters on super-discount these days. I can literally pick one up for $30 at my LGS. They contain enough to get started in your choice of one of two armies, and nothing in it is unique, so you can buy multiples and build up your armies. You'll be limited to the specific units that come in the starter, but none of them are bad, and you can supplement it with other stuff later.
>>
File: 1439117212222.jpg (70 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
1439117212222.jpg
70 KB, 640x449
>>46426361
Yw
>>
>>46428169
Orge kingdoms battalion is only like a hundred
>>
>>46428169
The Start Collection [insert faction here] boxes are hilariously discounted, and you can usually find them online discounted even more on top of that. They give you a decent standing force, and for some armies two of those (or one and a couple other kits) will have you set to go. I'd buy at least one from the shop where you game (if you'll play at one) since it sucks to have your venue go out of business.
>>
>>46426361
You could count him as a skaven warlord on brood horror, from the forgeworld rules.
>>
>>46428169
Find one of the many 20-25% off resellers. If you're in Canada I reccomend gc-minis.com they sell at 25% off

Check Ebay and kijiji, sometimes there is good shit up there. I got a full Tau army (2-3 of every single box) for under $400 that way.

AOS is also a smaller game than WHFB was. You can play with just a couple of boxes if you want. My local GW does 2 box game nights every thursday and people have fun with that format.
>>
>>46428939
Amazons pretty awesome too
>>
>>46428245
holy shit who sells them for $30? Do they ship to the US??
>>
>>46428169
what country are you in & what kind of armies do you like?

Do you have a favorite unit or hero you would like to build around?
>>
>>46426053
age of sigmar would in all honesty have been really cool if i liked the stormcast models
now i'm kindof upset because the focus moved to (in my opinion) ugly models
>>
>>46428169
depends on the faction you want to play
if you buy 1 big ass model and 2 units of regular infantry you're able to go up against more expensive armies focused on smaller models easily ( be sure to tell you opponents in advance though because people might mistake you for a waac if they don't know its because you have a very small army )

i think chaos is "cheapest" to get a strong army quickly alongside the stormcast
>>
>>46431142
oh and undead because nagash alongside a 2 morghast and a necromancer can table most armies
>>
>>46428169
So far I spend about $130 and got myself:

>Beastlord
>Shaman
>10 Ungor
>20 Gor
>10 Bestigor
>1 Ghorgon

It isn't overly strong, but good enough to play a few games. If you want to get into it, try to go for older models.
>>
>>46430337
Honestly my first idea to play with my friends was to just buy one or two of the really powerful looking dudes along with maybe one small unit so I don't have to lug around a million lego people, but these cunts are like $125 bucks each here in Canada.

>>46431142
What's a waac? So it really is cheaper to drop a bunch of money on a really powerful figure and scrounge around a small amount of cheap support units?
>>
>>46427300
Arkhan, Neferata and Mannfred are $80.
Thanquol is $77.
Morbidex, Orghotts and Bloab are $76.
Volkmar is $53.75.

That's ignoring metal/resin stuff like Kroak or Chaos characters that survived genericide. Also not counting Destruction characters, because they were not AoSed yet.
>>
>>46431365
>What's a waac?
win at all cost
>>
>>46431365

WAAC = Win At All Costs

Vampire Counts/Nagash is a good armor to start right now, they have some nice, new models/sculpts, so if you get Start Collecting: Malignants, and SC: Skeleton Horde, you'd have plenty of cool shit to play around with.

Grab a price-list from: http://gc-minis.com/
& then compare it to http://www.vendio.com/stores/Docs_Games_Store/category/malignants-vampire-counts/catId=4206135

& see how Doc matches up, taking Canadian shipping into account.

Check out amazon & whatever your local home improvement store is, and get hobby supplies like fine detail cutters/"snips," exacto knives, files, super glue (e.g. gorilla glue gel) & shit like that, & grab a couple cans of Flat Spray Primer (black, & something bone-colored would be good places to start.)

Paints: GW has nice washes and dry-brush paints, & then I use Vallejo Model/Game Color for everything else, from either online or local hobby stores. Don't buy a palette, either google building a wet palette (recommended), or just dab/drop paint on a spare ceramic tile. (Turquoise is a good spooky ghostly flames color, like the dudes in Return of the King.)

Starter brushes pack: White Taklon Value Pack Brush Set-5/Pkg

When you hobby, chillax, be comfortable, have good lighting, and listen to music or download podcasts with podcast addict/iTunes.

Skeletons can be quite good in a decent size unit with buffs/support, & they look easy to paint.
>>
>>46431651
oh and use www.scrollbuilder.com to build armies and try out the different battle-plans in the pdf's linked in the copy-pasta up top, & find a hobby store that has plenty of terrain you can play with/amongst.
>>
>>46431088
Once the Stormcast army is populated enough, I imagine they'll shift to filling out the other factions. The major problem is that building a setting from the ground up, including a new poster-boy faction takes a lot of time, which I don't think GW completely accounted for. I think they assumed we'd all be really gung-ho for a space-marine analog for fantasy and didn't factor in how much ill will they were going to encounter after obliterating the old setting/game. Now the Stormcast are a symbol for everything unhappy fantasy grognards hate about the new game, and the endless bitching has turned a lot of people off the whole thing.

It wouldn't have been so bad had they instead brought out the grand alliance books first, then moved on to fleshing out the new armies. It's not like they won't be adding new stormcast stuff after the order book has come out anyhow. The chapterhouse lawsuit really fucked up their process when it comes to rules/model releases, but GW only has itself to blame for opening that can of worms in the first place.

I want more Slaanesh stuff personally, but I'm willing to wait for whatever campaign book will make it a central point, probably focusing on Malerion and Tyrion and whatever they've actually done to him/her. In the meantime there's enough to keep me busy and actually doing okay in games, which seems to be true for nearly all the old factions. Even if the focus is on big-burly-metal-men, the game and the setting have opened up a lot since release, and I really look forward to them shifting the scope to the more interesting, less boring/ugly factions.
>>
>>46431365
it is
i have 180€ worth of empire troops and nagash with a bit of support would probably table me easily because 80% my army is state troops and over half of those are militia
though militia are the best state troops now
>>
>>46431651
>>46431679

Thanks for the help! It probably still seems too expensive for me right at the moment, but way more doable than the $500+ I thought I'd have to be spending.
>>
>>46431789
Yeah, most people see the super expensive centerpiece model prices and look elsewhere. I feel like the best approach is the starter packs, and building up slow, which this system is actually pretty chill about. Smaller games are better to start with anyhow since you can take some time to learn the rules and discover the more nuanced tactics that only really become apparent when you get to playing.
>>
Damn, it's too bad that they cut off HE just when I was getting back into them and can't buy more spearmen (ugly as hell, but finally a good conversion idea). Is there anyone else I can use as a good substitute, except for dark elves?
>>
>>46431817
starter packs are pretty good
shame we don't have any for most the older factions
>>
>>46431832
depends on what part of it you needed for the conversion
>>
>>46431789
you're welcome, dude.

those Start Collecting boxes are where it's at though, compared to just buying Nagash on his own (he would have nothing to summon!)

go watch your friends play sometime, & see if you can borrow an army to try it out sometime. them being a cool group to pal around with will sell you better on all of this than internet strangers will.
>>
>>46431839
Yeah, I'm a bit irritated at the lack of boxes for the factions I want to start. Holding off until wanderers get theirs.
>>
>>46431843
The whole guy, I wanted to do a headswitch with shadow warriors. Maybe I'll do it with executioners instead, for more delicious mortal wounds.
>>
>>46426777
Is this to any kind of scale? The floating chain island is called a "land of somethingsomething" so I'd assume it to be at least the size of a medium-sized country.
>>
>>46431886
you could try Eternal Guard or dreadspears?
>>
All night goblin and savage orc units are going away.

All Gnoblars units and the unique maneater models are going away

All troll units going away except for river trolls
>>
>>46432021
source ?
>>
>>46432021
Night goblins are already confirmed as staying. Where did you hear this?
>>
>>46425698
named characters in your games always made me feel like the it reduced any narrative you create into some kind of what-if scenario or non-canon event, which is kind of lame. i would rather tell stories with my own characters within the infinite space the setting allows for me to do so than to field named characters doing things they don't do within the setting's narrative.

to me, in a tabletop game, i'd rather let my own army have their own exploits with their own characters, rather than make my own fanfiction with the setting's characters.
>>
>>46432100
All non night-goblin goblin models, it was copied incorrectly.
>>
>>46432120
Right. Copied from where?
>>
>>46426777
the entire setting is a heavy metal album's cover art. don't expect anything reasonable or cleaving to reality in any way.

this means you have all the room you could ever want to do your own thing, but it seems best that whatever you do should be brutal legend tier to fit with the setting.
>>
>>46432155
Which is basically returning to the roots of Warhammer's incarnations. I for one like the change.
>>
File: 067.png (7 MB, 2213x2000) Image search: [Google]
067.png
7 MB, 2213x2000
>>46432021
>savage orc units

They are everywhere, ad their Shaman renamed as Ju-ju Doc...
>>
>>46432021
Oh my god, the BS level is too damn high!
>>
>>46432310

He's pulling that out of his ass. None of that is confirmed, or even in a legitimate rumor. And I'm pretty sure Forest Goblins are already mentioned in the narrative.
>>
>>46432551
Spiderfang Goblins appeared in BT: Everchosen and will appear in Godbeasts apparently.
>>
>>46432551
Weren't some kind of Tomb Kings mentioned in the narrative as well?
>>
>>46426747
The most common complaint about fantasy was unit size. The rules pushed you to have the biggest units possible, so most people would of appreciated if they toned that down a bit.
>>
>>46432825

Someone said at some point that one of the authors was working on a story with a bone giant. I never saw confirmation of it and haven't heard anything since.
>>
>>46432986
There was a rumour about a bone giant model being made. There was an art with tomb-king-ish undead for AoS.
>>
Night goblins definitely staying, spider goblins definitely staying. Regular goblins and wolf riders probably going. Savage orcs definitely staying. Trolls, gnoblars and maneaters 50/50. Yhetees definitely going. Gorgers definitely going. Older ogre characters probably going.
>>
>>46426777
>Vermin's Folly
>It's a flying island that's been crashing into the world
I fucking love skaven.
>>
>>46433065

I remember the image, but nothing ever came of it. Then TK got discontinued. It could have been an older piece that never got released. Who knows. I'd love to see them return. The Sphinx kits were awesome.

>>46433095

Gnoblars are plastic so I'm not sure if they're gonna go. I'm hoping we get new plastic Ogre characters. Hopefully the Forest Goblins get a new infantry kit(maybe dual?) and the Big Boss is resin so I'm not sure if he's gone.
>>
>>46433159
I don't really get why some kits were discontinued. With Order all new plastic stuff stayed, they axed all meta/resin stuff, including heroes. Yet heroes stayed in Death, some got renamed to generic Vampire Lord but models stayed. They even still have ancient Black Coach or bats or resin Blood Knights. But Tomb Kings are gone. The Sphinx kit was a great one, new and all that. Same with those skeletos riding cobras or whatever.
In Chaos all metal/resin heroes stayed as well. And only some of them got renamed to generic ones.

That's the thing that I dislike about GW the most. Not the prices. Not their customers approach. The lack of consistency. They start doing one thing, upgrading all armies according to that, then their vision changes, we have new edition or whatever and they're redoing everything in a different way, never finishing it as well.
>>
>>46426053
Age rules with Fantasy fluff
>>
>try to come up with a color scheme and theme for my empire army
>the colours are either black and yellow or completely anachronistic
anyone have any suggestions ?
>>
>>46433512

whats wrong with averland scheme?
>>
>>46431763
While I now that Seraphon will be close if not at the bottom of the list of being fleshed out, I wonder what exactly GW might do with them in terms of new models/background advancements.
>>
>>46433952
Possibly infusing them with the energies of other realms? Like Aqshy Seraphon or Shyish Seraphon instead of just Azyr Seraphon.
>>
>>46433451
This. The setting getting fucked really turned me off to the whole thing and Sigmarines look like trash. Those heads, man. Those ugly fucking heads.
>>
>>46426777
Remember the guy that said that the Realm of Fire was inside a sun?

He can screw off. Look at all those stars in the background.
>>
>>46433451
For what purpose? AoS is barely even a game.

>>46426667
Fantasy only died because GW was too incompetent to realise they were killing it.
>>
>>46433393
the discontinuation are because in AoS you can field whatever units you like, so there's no longer any reason for overlap between faction units in terms of functionality or role on the table. You can field dwarf dudes alongside elf dudes and stormcast with dinosuars and treefolk if you want to, and it wouldn't be 'wrong' given the Order vs. Chaos vs. Death thing they've got going on now.

You'll note that most of what got axed are either named heroes (who are dead), units with clear overlap with other models (flying cav that wasn't HE flying cav, archers that weren't WE glade guard, Xbowmen that weren't dark elves, gunners that weren't dwarves, etc), or models that didn't fit with the new aesthetic.

This is, all in all, pretty much fine in my opinion. As a WE player, I'm looking forward to fielding slayers instead of wardancers, and maybe buying some other faction models to bolster my main force of forest jerks and tree people. It'll be fun!
>>
>>46430317
Nerdvana Games and Comics, here in southern NJ, has a stack of them taller than some of their patrons. They'd take basically any offer if it would move the product.
>>
>>46434036
Thatd be neat, but I think the whole point of Seraphon using Azyr power is that they are both Anti Chaos in their purposes.
>>
>>46434243
fantasy died because no one could be convinced to throw down like $500 to even try to make an army to play their game, and their long-time customers had all the models they'd ever need and weren't buying the new kits that had poor rules. The game, as presented, killed itself, especially in the face of competition from half a dozen competent, well-sculpted, interesting miniature games hitting the scene all around the same time, which didn't require nearly as many models to play.

AoS is barely a game if you want a really crunchy game, but that doesn't mean there's nothing to it. It certainly beats the 'each player's turn in 20 minutes of model shuffling and measuring before dice are even rolled' that a good-sized game of WHF used to be.
>>
>>46434287
Yknow, whenever the shitposters visit, I never see any kind of counter argument to this. They omit the fact the Fantasy was hard to get into for new players. Financially, in terms of rules, places to play it, and the general community itself all played a factor, but they never really seem to acknowledge that, for all they bash AoS for.
>>
>>46434247
But Kemmler got renamed to Necromancer, Vlad, Mannfreds, Isabella and Konrad got renamed to Vampire Lords, Krell got renamed to Wight King and stuff like Lokhir, Korhil, Alarielle or Empire characters got axed.

Hell, Death still has this model:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vampire-Counts-Mounted-Wight-King
But for some reason Supreme Socreress was discontinued:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Dark-Elf-Supreme-Sorceress
Not to mention whole heroes range for Chaos. Some of those Skaven heroes are damn old sculpts.
>>
>>46433916
some guy in the store already uses it
and it would decrease the amount of "my dudes" feel
>>
>>46434470
Alarielle is a God now. Cant have any FAAC's trying to pull some shit saying their model is on par with Nagash or whatever.
Sidenote, If we get more playable Deities like nagash and archaon, they better be equally broken so that people who field their winning ticket to matches, finally have some kind of resistance.
>>
>>46434335
my buddies got me into WHF when 8th hit, i had been on the fence previous. I spent about $250 to get even a starter army, then about $700 more over the course of six months to bulk out my army. Had I stopped after my initial investment, I was literally down about $400 before i played any real games. I started with a lot of other people, many of whom spent way more than me, and then abandoned the hobby after a few months because they were getting rolled by experienced players.

Now, the experienced players at my FLGS were, for the most part, exceptional gentlemen and great teachers, who happily taught me strategy and smart playing. I was very lucky to be learning from people who had wonderful, diverse armies, and were long-time players and hobbyists. They kept me playing, even though I was losing almost every game, and in time, I got better and better at the game, painted my models, and started having a lot of fun. In the end, my money wasn't wasted, and I had a good time, though it was terribly expensive and pretty much my only hobby for the time I was buying models.

Most people do not have that experience, I think. For most people I played with, it was literally flushing money down a hole and potentially playing with people who kicked the snot out of them and laughed about how noob they were.

AoS is kind of what I thought WHF was when I first started the hobby. Heroes are heroic, units do cool things, and models are each useful and potent, rather than being essentially wound markers in a huge block. Good stuff, IMO.
>>
>>46434532
I think the mere act of fielding Archaon or Nagash in an AoS game that isn't scenario'd out specifically to include them is the very definition of being TFG, so it's less of a concern generally speaking.
>>
>>46434560
Im glad for yah, I just couldnt do it. The people at the local gaming store that I had primary access to were less than accomodating. Funny though, the GW store I go every so often to have had pretty cool dudes.
>>46434599
Yeah, I know in a tournament or something awhile ago, someone fielded Nagash and won no sweat. I always thought itd be funny if someone had a Archaon and let the tears flow between the two.
>>
>>46434560
>even though I was losing almost every game
guy who just started AOS here , didn't fantasy have a point system so your armies would be somewhat balanced at least ?
>>46434599
>archaon
you can summon him with a mage into any game
it was hilarious the first time it happened though
>>
File: 1400069748021.png (58 KB, 220x271) Image search: [Google]
1400069748021.png
58 KB, 220x271
>>46434335

That's a lie. I've been coming to AoS generals since they've started and people often brought up that GW's greed killed the game. More often than not people would criticize the rules for fantasy that forced people to buy massive units of models that go for up to $60 for 10 models. Most people don't look back on that with pride.

But AoS shills want to take that issue with the game and twist it into an indictment of the system as a whole. 'See people aren't buying! That means the story of WHFB is sux! People don't want to spend $200 on a 50 man block! That means pushing around square units is gay! And on and on.
>>
>>46434599
TFG?
>>46434706
Yes, but im sure he means general tactics and understanding of the game. So when he was playing with more experienced dudes, they mopped the floor with him.
No offense to this anon>>46434560
>>
>>46434532
And Mannfred is a Mortrarch, yet two of his old models are still available.
>>
>>46434764
That Fucking Guy, the dude who plays just to shit on people and jeer at them, who doesn't understand that being absolutely cutthroat in a friendly casual match is a jerk thing to do, or who interprets rules to their advantage and argues any and all points.

Basically, the guy you never want to play, who you inevitably find playing games in gaming stores.
>>
>>46434776
Because GW, for better or worse, decreed that those models are better used to allow players to field vampires, and gave Mannfred a new one.
>>46434760
Im not lying. I havent seen those posts, which is what I said. But thank you for presenting this to me. Either way, a combination of what I stated before all played a part.
>>46434803
Ah, I see. I met a guy like that when I brought my girlfriend to paint up our first free mini's at a GW store. I was talking with the manager man their and This Fucking Guy constantly interjected and shat on the managers apparently high loss streak against him. He then almost had a stroke when I said that I was just looking for something to pass the time with my girlfriend and stated that "Wins against girlfriends dont count."
>>
>>46434706
Part of the problem with WFB is that while there were points, armies weren't really balanced against each other very well at all. Lots of new things that were super strong were simply undercosted, and many armies just lacked access to necessary things to deal with the threats other factions could easily field. The points system gave you a guide to build your army, but if your army book was old (and they took wayyyy too long to update them), you were simply not going to be able to compete with other people properly, due to meta changes, the introduction of new units and models, and the fact that your book was written for a different edition of the game and/or different play climate.

I played Wood Elves, who didn't get a new book for years into 8th edition (actually, just a few months before they discontinued the game! hahaha...), so I was at a huge disadvantage to everyone with monster cavalry, models and units with alarming armor saves, models with high toughness, and models that hit really hard since my whole army was T3. When I won games, it was really gratifying, because I had to play really well and exploit any and all weaknesses and opportunities, but I mostly lost hard without being able to do anything to my opponent's army, which was annoying.

This is another reason I like AoS - you don't have dudes rolling around with rerollable 1+ armor saves and 3+ wards unless they are Archaon, who is a jerkbag cheaterface anyway and walks around slaying gods in setting. He's not supposed to be balanced or reasonable, but even he can die to concerted effort because of how AoS works (however unlikely that is).

>>46434764
None taken! You always start at lvl 0 when you start a new hobby or learn a new thing, I was happy to get beaten down by people who would explain their tactics and point out the mistakes I made after their turns.
>>
>>46434560
This, this, THIS. In whfb you couldn't play unless you spent hundreds of dollars and dozen of hours assembling and painting a ridiciolusly quantity of models, just to get steamrolled because you army "wasn't competitive". this doesn't happen in Aos.
Im not saying whfb was a worse game than Aos-but it had serious issues. Aos is a different kind of game and appeals a different audience-you want to play only over the best lists and measure every 1/10 inch? Go to warmachine. You still like massed models in 28mm? KOW.
Aos in not a competitor-these are different games with a different approach.
Aos is incredibly a game when played like Aos-if you play it like whfb and then say it sucks you are doing it wrong and YOU are the problem, not the game. It would be like playing chess with kill points, early blood and by rolling dice.
>>
>>46434904
Im the same way, When i finish paint my army, the GW store guys was nice enough to offer to play against me so that I can get my feet wet and get some matches under my belt. There arent many local gaming stores where I am at in TN, so he has been super helpful with just about every annoying question i threw at him.
>>
>>46434904
Also, anyone fielding archaon in a normal battleplan is a jerk. If my opponent has Archaon the best way to play is either allowing me to field a fuck ton of units more or(even better for extra fun)making a battleplan that revolves around it, like "you face archaon, survive for X turns)or where archaon laughs at you but you have reinforcmenets coming every turn.
>>
>>46434885
And is old Alarielle model not worthy to be used as a generic Aelven wizard of some sort? Was Supreme Socreress bad? Not fitting the theme?
Why was Karl Franz turned into Free People General but other Empire heroes couldn't?
>>
>>46435037
tabletop gaming is based entirely on informal social contract - you're all there to have fun, and anyone who is there to have fun at the expense of other people, or to ruin the fun of others, simply isn't going to be around for long, because no one will play them.

Archaon could be fun to play against with a custom-built scenario, the same way that Nagash could also be fun to play against. AoS works best when you make scenarios like that, and figure things out like custom hero powers, terrain feature rules, and differing army sizes before you throw down. It's all about arranging a situation where all the players can have fun, execute strategies, and not feel buttblasted even if they get mauled.

Like, if I want to stomp nerds, there are venues for that, usually in competitive video games or something. When you are playing face to face with people, there's an expectation that even if you roll your opponent in an atrocious way, you do so with decorum and without malice, and then try to help them git gud so they can have more fun in whatever hobby they are pursuing.

Actually, playing a game with maybe two players against Archaon and his all-douche army might be a great time.
>>
New guy here, I'm a bit confused. If there's no point system, how do you decide what a "fair" fight is? Sure if you're going in saying we'll both fight with starter boxes then that's already balanced presumably, but what I show up with some cobbled together army that doesn't really have a starter box equivalent?

Am I just supposed to wing it? Should I already know the relative strength levels of each and every unit in the game so I can tell if my opponent is trying to fuck me over by sneaking in some really choice units among a bunch of trash?
>>
>>46435311
Oh k new guy. How it would work is that you could use one of the several army builders that are out there for AoS, but really, what would happen is that you converse with your opponent on what they will bring and what you will bring and go from there.
>>
>>46435311
Why would you ply against some douche like that? It would be like lying on units point cost.
The game is all about enjoying the game and not winning at all costs. Also, the game revolves around battleplans aka narrative missions., so even when two armies are not perfectly balanced you still get a chance to win, always.
Also, beign trashed by one units because you have no idea how strong it is is a thing in EVERY wargame-its called experience to know your enemy and is vital to win.
Find some player who isnt a douchebag and have fun.
>>
>>46435311
It requires a bit of feeling out and experience to know how many of a given model in a unit will be a good match for something your opponent fields, but that's okay because AoS matches are short.

Also, download all the unit stat sheets from the website, or grab the phone app, it'll tell you the stats of everything in the game so you know what everything does. This will give you a basis for knowing what stacks up to what.

Basically, talk with your opponents, and work out how you want to play the game, and tell them what you are thinking about fielding. They'll tell you what they have with them, and if you are new and tell them that, they will probably not field a disgusting strong list against you, because that wouldn't be fun for anyone.

So yeah, you do kind of wing it, in a kind of informed way, and with a few games under your belt (probably an evening with friends, really), you'll have a much better idea of what makes things fair and interesting.
>>
>>46435361
>>46435401

What that guy said too.
Also, a LOT of missions involve that one army is stronger than the other, so you can go for a battleplan like that.
Or, after fielding units, just count wounds: if the disparity is not too big then the game is ok, otherwie you can field more.
The usual rule is: basic infantry is most of the times equal in streght-with the excpection of units like zombies or oblins.
When in doubt look at base sizes; the bigger they are, the hard they punch!
>>
>>46435774
>just count wounds
anon don't give bad advice
something like nagash is way stronger than his wound value in 1 wound models
generally speaking strength increases exponentially the more wounds a single model has
>>
>>46434131
That's clearly fanart, anon
>>
>>46436095

u new 2 AoS art 'quality' brah?
>>
Warden King kitbashing I've tacked together. Thoughts?
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 916x972) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 916x972
>>46436536
>>
>>46436394
uh... yes? I mean he was not being ironic?
>>
>>46436560
I like 'im.
>>
>>46436015
completely right, i was just suggesting it after the two armies had been fielded and he wanted to know t a glance if there was some kind of balance!
i hate wound count too(its the most used comp system in my area and it is retarded...)because it literally asks you to ignore regular units and infantry and its back again to whfb of waac lists and powercreep.
>>
A quick question.
Whats the best book to buy?
Fluff, art and rules.
Age of sigmar, quest for ghal maraz, balance power or godbeast? im personally digging godbeast because I love stupidly giant beast and the whole idea is pretty neat.
>>
>>46436560
That actually looks pretty good. I would personally have his Axe raised, pointing forward a bit as if he is telling his troops to go forward.
>>
>>46437163
Battletome Everchosen limited edition.
>>
>>46437206
You sure? i don't dig archaon and his chosen miniatures... doesn't the battletome focus on that? Just asking!
Also, did anyone has read godbeast already?
>>
>>46437237
Godbeasts just went to preorder yesterday. It won't be released until saturday with some lucky bastards having it a few days before it. So it's highly unlikely for anyone to read it already.
>>
File: Archy5.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Archy5.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2000
>>46437237
Yeah, I am sure. It has best art pieces to date.

Also it comes with a giant Archaon poster and more wall art so that you can exalt the Everchosen within your own room every day!

>Also, did anyone has read godbeast already?

It comes out on Saturday.
>>
>>46437303
Oh, my bad then, tought it was already out. I think im gonna hold my horses then until someone's going to give it a read. im tempted to buy them all anyways because the bttleplans in each are pretty good.
How is the pestilence battletome?
>>
>>46437357
You can download it and see for yourself.
>>
>>46437352
Oh, so thats where THOSE piece of art come from.You're tempting me anon.
>>46437400
nice point, doing it now.
>>
>>46437400
But that's illegal.
>>
>>46437427
Fuck the system.
You can buy it later to support it.
>>
>>46437456
If i like it, definetely(im the anon who asked).
I pirated the "of mars"series and now I have all of them physica, because it deserve all of my money.
>>
>>46437504
I always buy Codex/Army Book for my army and every expansion for Hordes, despite downloading them as well.
Also downloading Horus Heresy novels in audio version, listening to it, then buying paper novels in small format just to have them in my collection on the shelf. So yeah....
>>
>>46437585
Im usually reading or at least looking at them first, i don't like to pay for shitty content.
Old codices were always top quality, but now it had lowered...bought ad mech and skitarii and theres so little fluff its embarassing. ))% of the descriptions are "unit x obliterates Y with his z weapons. praise the omissiah!"
aos ones seems pretty cool tho
>>
File: zspeciserdent.png (503 KB, 862x1266) Image search: [Google]
zspeciserdent.png
503 KB, 862x1266
>>46427892
>>46427942
>>46428038

The point is these are still expensive as fuck for one single model, especially clampack CAD shit like Spume

Gone are the days of the unique named characters, if your guy isn't a massive fuck off mega kit. we will never see 'simple' characters on foot ever again
>>
There's a downloadable preview in the Black Library website with alot of content including an explanation of some stuff in the Ashlands.
>>
>>46437659
Well, the last one I bought was current Chaos Space Marines codex....
6th edition WHFB Army Books were the best. 7th was also nice. Then it went downhill, apart from them being hardcover.
>>
>>46437679
What about this guy?
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Khorne-Bloodbound-Skarr-Bloodwrath
>>
>>46437969
He's an End Times character not AoS
He looks terrible.
His name and armour is Warcraft-tier garbage
He probably never had any decent lore since he existed for 2 minutes before Fantasy exploded so no one gives a fuck about him.
And it's more Khorne shit, which we have in abundance.

But i will admit i'm surprised he is cheaper than I'd expect from goyim workshop
>>
File: 99070201013_SkarrBloodwrath04.jpg (43 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99070201013_SkarrBloodwrath04.jpg
43 KB, 600x620
>>46438111
>>46437969
>
>>
>>46433451

They could have kept the Warhammer world setting in it's entirety and introduced the Sigmarines as a new 'Balthasar Gelt's Golems of steel and souls' faction. The destruction of the warhammer world was not necessary to facilitate their introduction.
>>
>>46438483
A surprisingly big improvement. Makes him look like a mad bastard (which is what he is).
>>
>>46438111

Still can't get over the flails on the axes, those mad cunt designers need to tone shit down a notch, its the equivalent of sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads
>>
>>46431872
yeah it's too bad they don't have a Start Collecting: Wanderers box, all the other Aelfs are segregated by keyword, whereas those hippies work well together as a whole, and have some nice sculpts.

Maybe plant the idea of a Start Collecting: Wanderers box on their FB page??

>>46432233
How exactly are they tying those tusks to their jaws? Are they threading those rags thru piercings??

>>46433159

a new plastic kit for Maneaters would be tits (ninjas & pirates!) but I'm not holding my breath for Golgfag . . .

>>46433451

As an Empire player I miss the old setting too, & prefer the new rules, but it was weird knowing your guys were fated to lose in the end as Chaos fulfilled its destiny. We'll see how Sigmar & Co. do this time around after their mulligan, considering how much GW loves to pump up Archaon as the Apocalypse/Thanos/Darksied of the setting.

>>46433512

black armor with gold accents > black/yellow cloth

>>46434251

Thx for the tip--why don't they sell them online, like on eBay??

>>46434474

evoke Nordland with blue & yellow then! I liked adding beards & nautical effects to them for even more flavor, or even blue & orange to get the complementary scheme going.

>>46434706
GW point costing their units seemed biased to selling new kit like Demigrpyh Knights, and gives the illusion of balance more than anything. This is why player-generated Comp. system were so big, outside of the midwestern US it seemed. Netlists were huge & some units hardly ever saw the light of day in competitive matches as the books weren't internally balanced well.

>>46434978

You can play horde armies in AoS, but it's a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' type deal about busting out the old movement trays, & tend to make for longer games, than say lower model count ones like Stormcast vs Ogors.

>>46435267

the Nagash vs Archaon scenario looks fun for that, I would be wary of facing either 1 of them w/o the battleplan/army balancing taking them into account
>>
>>46435311
www.scrollbuilder.com -- try SCGT!
>>
>>46436560
I tend to use those bare heads for unit champions, & they look even better IMO if you can greenstuff chainmail coifs on them, or paint runic tattoos on their domes. Belegar isn't everyone's cup o' tea, but all those newer Dwarf hero kits are nice.

>>46437163

Aside from Godbeasts, Balance of Power will update you on the fluff, & has a bunch of Battleplans/scenarios not scanned online yet AFAIK. Then get whatever Grand Alliance is relevant to your army (Destruction one out soon hopefully.)

>>46437206

This man is in jest!
>>
>>46438939
>yeah it's too bad they don't have a Start Collecting: Wanderers box, all the other Aelfs are segregated by keyword, whereas those hippies work well together as a whole, and have some nice sculpts.
>Maybe plant the idea of a Start Collecting: Wanderers box on their FB page??
They have only done start collecting boxes for armies that were already settled. Now Order has been chopped up, we will likely see some start collecting boxes coming out.
>>
File: Handgunner_stirland.jpg (37 KB, 470x751) Image search: [Google]
Handgunner_stirland.jpg
37 KB, 470x751
>>46438939
decided on a stirland scheme but thanks for the nordland advice regardless

gonna work especially well fluff wise since over half my empire models are free company at this point
>>
>>46439439
even more so since all the old boxes are gone
>>
What would be best addition to Maggoth Lord and Blightkings I've got?
Start collecting nurgle? Or go for Slaves to darkness? Or just get more blightkings?
>>
File: Stirland.jpg (269 KB, 752x959) Image search: [Google]
Stirland.jpg
269 KB, 752x959
>>46439517
NP, it looks nice there in the art, I'd say more of a faded yellow than a bright one.

purple feathers are nice accents with this scheme
>>
>>46439969
>purple feathers
thanks anon i was still doubting about what colour feathers to use
that's gonna look really nice on my greatswords
>>
>>46439785
More Blightkings never hurt. I assume by Maggot Lord you mean the maggot riders like Orgotts?
Gutrot Spume is a really nice kit and packs a very decent punch, as is the generic plague lord, but a personal favorite is the Harbinger of Decay, who makes Blightkings an absolute bitch to remove.
Also, there is quite a bit of nice Clan Pestilens stuff you can make use of.
>>
>>46439785
>>46440545
Add a wizard or two and get start collecting demons of nurgle or 2-3 boxes of plaguebearers, the amount of damage plaguebearers can take is hilarious. they cannot harm shit but really, if you opponent underestimate them he can have his kew units beign stalled by bearers for the whole game while you big dudes(aka blightkings)smash his squishy units.
Pestilens are cool but plague monks alone are pretty weak, they shine only using the new formations or when carrying a plague incenser.
>>
>>46441343
I'd like to add to this: DON'T add the Rotbringer wizard, he's awful. Festus is decent, but not exactly amazing. You're better off bringing the basic Chaos Sorcerer. He can be given the Nurgle keyword for synergy, has an amazing spell in Deaemonic Power and the wonderful Oracular Visions, leading to rerolls *everywhere*.
>>
File: Pleasure Cults_MagaliVilleneuve.jpg (163 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Pleasure Cults_MagaliVilleneuve.jpg
163 KB, 600x400
So I'm following AoS. I pretty much enjoy how it is unfolding. I used to have a Dark Elves army some years ago but sold them. I was tempted to go back when the End Times hit but was waiting to see how it will end. WFB ended but I was waiting to see if there's anything cool for me. Was happy to see that Malekith and Morathi, my 2 favourite characters, survived and was waiting some more to see what really happened to them and how their faction looks like.

After seeing all those photos of Grand Alliance: Order I'm not happy. All I can see are some generic evil elves. Should I wait to see more? We still know pretty nothing about Malerion and Morathi. Nothing about Ulguland. Or should I start some other faction? Came to love Arkhan while reading Rise of Nagash omnibus and Skeleton Horde starter looks pretty sweet. I might even buy two of them, one of Arkhan, one for Neferata, also 20 skellies looks better than 10 skellies.

Also I'd love to see something about Slaanesh. Never liked him before but now with all this being missing he looks kinda interesting, with all his servants looking out for him, wandering the Realms aimlessly.... Still, it's more waiting to see some new stuff. And Death is already here and is cool.

I'm torn.
>>
Anyone know where I can get round base extenders for square bases?

The new meme comp, SCGT, pretty much requires you to have round bases and I want to still be able to play 9th Age.
>>
>>46439439
>They have only done start collecting boxes for armies that were already settled

Like orcs, right?
>>
>>46442005
was the rotbringer the one who gets one wound every time he casts a spell? that's kinda amazing, it spikes his survivability under ranged fire.
only spells you will need are summoning ones and mystic shield anyway.
>>
File: Nef+Ark.jpg (995 KB, 1995x2000) Image search: [Google]
Nef+Ark.jpg
995 KB, 1995x2000
>>46442029
Love can bloom. Even in death.
>>
>>46442029
Arkhan and Neferata combo really nicely. Get a block of skeletons up in the enemy's grill, pop Neferata's Command Trait and unique spell and watch as your skellingtons are at -1 to hit, ignore any rend against their 5+ save, hit on 3+, ignore terrain and make more attacks. And once they enemy engages them Arkhan cast Curse of Years from a safe distance and just deletes the opposing unit while Neferata goes off and hunts Heroes, preferrably wizards, priests and other buffers to start producing Vampire Lords. And if shit gets too hot, have the Black Knights bail her out. You might need more skellies, though, two units are basically mandatory.
I'd also recommend a unit of Morghasts for Arkhan. They buff his castings and are tough bodyguards that can wade in and take apart most enemies if the situation calls for it.
>>
>>46442164
The heal only works on a 4+, and he can only cast a single spell per hero phase. That doesn't really amount to anything much.
In addition, he's got poor movement, worse melee, no mount option and a pretty underwhelming spell.
The regular sorcerer plays both the offensive support role and the backfield summoner role way better.
>>
>>46434131
That was what one tribe believed about Aqshy. Instead, it seems like the realms are large continents in space.
>>
>>46442070
I bet nothing in that box will get discontinued. Even the old ass chariot.
>>
Just out of curiosity-how many of you were old WHFb players, and how many are new players(or from 40k)?
In my lgs I tend to play better games with new players because they have a less "i must tailor my list to be the best and who cares about anything else"mentality. How do you play the game tho? Do you use comps? wich ones? or do you play RAW?
>>
>>46444786
I'm from 40k, but always had a passing interest in Fantasy. I use unit for unit for balancing, so one hero to one hero, one block of infantry for block of infantry, etc. I also use RAW, with battleplans.
>>
>>46444870
Yeah, i tend to do that too, worked like a charm so far.

Btw, how many blightkings should i play? So far i have
20 plaguebearers
one wizard
one chaos lord
5 blightkings
10 savage orcs
20 plague monks
1 plague priest
one plague catapult

i usually find the catapult to be useless, and i lack damage because monks can hit hard but usually they get rekt the same fucking turn-0 save, plus their attacks do not even have rend...
So i oredered a box of plague drones for some needed mobility and i am going to add an arackanork converted to nurgle. Are blightkings necessary? or what else should I add instead? I usually go for models I like but wanted to hear ya in case i face a more competitive opponent.
>>
As far as Morathi is concerned, I was reading through the Battleplans getting ready for a game on Saturday. They all have a narrative element at the beginning giving the original scenario it's based on and a couple alternatives for inspiration. The Cast Adrift battleplan has the following alternative - "such as that of a Seraphon cohort marching to claim a Morathian sea fortress before it is claimed by a rising bloodtide."

Maybe she has some association with the Scourge Privateers. I feel like, as a sorceress she'd primarily be associated with the Darkling Covens though, and I believe the narrative mentioned her association with shadow creatures as well, though I don't have them in front of me to say where it said it.
>>
>>46445794
Im calling it now, Morathi sets Slaanesh free for X reward.
>>
File: purple-feathers.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
purple-feathers.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>46440357
yeah dude, found these doing a google image search for "Empire Stirland"
>>
>>46445968

She'd likely have to go through Tyrion and Teclis, maybe even Malerion to do it, but it's possible.
>>
>>46442906
the regular Chaos Sorceror Lord with a Nurgle keyword has one of the best spells I've seen, & it casts on a 5+, stick him on a mount if you want to get around quicker but watch out for sniper fire as he'll be easier to draw LoS to
>>
>>46444333
the chariot isn't bad, but the old chubby-ass boars pulling it are the problem

>>46444786

I joined later in 8th w/ an Empire army (Nordland.) When AoS came around our group kept an open mind, & we've all enjoyed it in our escalation league. When I joined we were prepping for a GT, & since then I've always enjoyed list-building units with the best value & synergies that Comp. well (SCGT currently.) I helped recruit my best friend into our group, & he really enjoys his Clan Skryre-focused Skaven, & is slowly accumulating pointy-eared Wanderers as well.

It's nice to play a game without needing a laptop on wifi to look up all the special rules (like we do learning Infinity.)

Main house-rules are standing on a hill does not give cover automatically, & you need to fit all the units' bases on the terrain piece's base/footprint. We don't stack Mystic Shields & have started making all rolls of 1 auto-fail (unless you can re-roll it.)

>>46445421

blightkings are nice models & tough to beat in combat, they are well on their way to being an iconic Nurgle model IMHO.

I would say 5-10 more Plaguebearers would be handy to keep your debuffs to hit for having 20+ models, and having a few spare ones could come in handy if your standard-bearer gives you free dudes.

A Herald of Nurgle would buff them & your new Plague Drones nicely, don't underestimate buffs that don't need a spell or command ability to enact!
>>
>>46446359
I forgot to mention I have epidemus! The guy is a blast, doesn't deal any real damage but hell, when you reach max body count you get a fucking PERMANENT +1 to saves that can be stacked with mystic shield. Its insane.
Im as fpor the bearers I usually fiedl embut in the future I think ill just summon them, given i wont give a shit about them charging anything but just acting as living shields.
how many wizards should i play? so far i only have the savage orc shaman(no nurgle keyword unfortunately, even if hes fully converted to nurgle with my orcs). I have another shaman model-this time on a boar so I might convert him to nurgle too...
>>
>>46446560
>Im as fpor the bearers I usually fiedl embut
Dun goof'd.
What I intended was
>As for the bearers I usually field with the rest of the army but
>>
>>46446560
see >>46446047

as an Orc player I'm not huge on the basic Shaman I have to take for the various Formations, Wurrzag is more my jam (no plastic kit so I'm prepping my goodbye already) & I like a cheap Night Goblin Shaman's spell against armies that castle their units together in a big supporting blob (e.g. Wanderers do it well.)

A Chaos Warshine keyed to Nurgle would be fun to convert, & the 1/6 save would help keep nearby Plague Rats alive I suppose, & you can pray for a buff for whichever unit is the most stuck-in.
>>
>>46446015
Nah, she'll just say" Oh more Elf souls yeah guys count me in just lemm-RUN SLANNESH RUN!
>>
>>46447135

Haha! Maybe lol.
>>
>>46447225
Was it ever explained what happened to Aenerion after he died? I can see Slaanesh tempting Morathi again( if she isnt already in league with Chaos God) though.
>>
>>46447124
Im playing savage shaman-he does 1d3 mortal and another d3 on a 4+, so hes not that bad. Forced to use him because of "I already have the model and i feel bad not using him".
the Nurgle shrine is a wonderful idea, I might use a giant "nurgle"statue I made(using a Buddha statuine as a base!)as the altar and maybe get some rattogres to lift it? i dont have any model to do that so i might just buy some for the altar.
>>
So where is Alarielle? Planted still right? Or has that changed? I seriously feel like we will get a model for her soon. Seeing how Nagash is weak enough to be playable, yet so sweetly strong.
>>
>>46447395
Shit, man, my Skavenbro has been trying to get IoB Rat Ogres @ a decent price for months now (since HeelanHammer talked them up on their podcast.)

With a cool statue it would certainly be more unique than the official kit (which isn't bad.) Just have whomever/whatever praying to Pappy Nurgle sit on the Buddha belly, maybe greenstuff some Nurglings falling off.

Alright, I expect pics on here when you'e done!

These posting verifications are a pain in my dick, FFS . . .

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Chaos-Warshrine-2016
>>
>>46447765
I really like the Gw one, its an AMAZING model but its made for generic chaos and I like to keep my Nurgle models simple and disgusting...also i can save some money and have an unique model in the field!
Right now im finishing my plague orcs(pic related, its them after the first primer layer. im gonna add some details with the greenstuff then ill primer them again and call it a day), then ill work at my araknarok spider conversion(gonna put Nurgle everything! some anon suggested open bloated belly shitting nurglins and thats awesome). the it will be altar's turn!
>>
How do you counter Nagash
>>
>>46448474
Archaon.
>>
>>46448474
you either field a shitton of units more than your opponent or play a battleplan where you have either costant reinforcements or where your opponent is in a clear disadvantage.
>>
>>46447336

Not to my knowledge.
>>
>>46442194
Can we all agree that Arkhan is the best written character in the history of warhammer now?

I half wanted him to be king of Shyish and rule with Neferata for eternity.
>>
>>46449122
Probably, but it sucks he fell in love with a gold digger( or blood drinker if you wanna be like that) that wont ever return the feelings besides that one kiss.
>>
>>46449250
Neffy is just tsundere
>>
>>46449347
yeah, she is tsundere while taking it from whoever is at the top of the bloody rotation.
>>
>>46449250
Not really, the way they love each other, given the nature of their relationship, could never be romantic anyway.

Arkhan has no mortal desires or libido . His attachment to her has always been either intellectual or purely emotional. Even if she is vein or overtly sexual, she will never habor those feelings toward Arkhan; making it probably the only pure relationship she could ever have.

It isn't the rush of infatuation that people confuse for love or instictual sexual drive behind it.
It's two people who enjoy each others company and electing to face eternity together than alone.

Undead love is purest love because you aren't clouded by the things people mistake for it.
>>
>>46449444
trips speak the truth. Either way, Id be pretty emotional if someone I decide to spend eternity with had a romp with another. Thats the thing about love. It has many facets, but you choose how you reveal it. Sex, a gift, three words, all the same thing, just different sides. Take away all of that and you still have choice. The choice that you make the puts you next to someone for your entire life and beyond. I have absolutely no idea where I was going with this, but thats how I feel about it.
>>
>>46449524
>Id be pretty emotional if someone I decide to spend eternity with had a romp with another.

Given Arkhan is what he is, he doesn't care about sexual or physical attachment. Even emotional attachment would probably be fine because at the end of the day they are just flings or shiny objects to distract Neferata until she finds another hobby. He will be there long after they are dust.
>>
>>46449660
Sorry, I have a thing about general faithfulness. Against all odds and whatnot. Im just saying I couldnt do that. Back to more important matters, when is Destruction supposed to come out again? All these things coming out, I lose track.
>>
>>46449817
Grand Alliance Destruction I mean.
>>
>>46447765
I had to play for shipping from Canada for mine lol
>>
>>46449840
Presumably at the same time or after they get their big centerpiece named character to be on the cover of the book
Think about it, what would they put on there? The closest that we could have is MAYBE grimgor and he's tiny compared to Celestant, nagash, and archaon
A real thing that I'd like to know is what units will get the axe? I think that maneaters, yhetees and maybe gnoblars from the OK lot and likely all snotling stuff but other than that and the named characters it's a crapshoot.
Other than the fact that the stuff in the start collecting box for the orcs is 100% staying
>>
>>46450388
Well, why not Grimgor(maybe not named the same) as an avatar of Gorka Morka? He will be big and ride a squig, hell be dah biggest, dah greenest, and dah meanest!
>>
>>46426777
That is the stupidest map I've seen in a while.
>>
So fluff hints from the extract of Godbeasts,
>The Ashlands are an anomaly, it's not common for land masses to be big flat floating oceans of acid
>Grugni chained Ignac after some Fyreslayers asked him
>The flameheart is a giant realmgate.
>The Orb Infernius used to be a small, around a continent it looks like, sized planetoid that Chaos blew the fuck up. It has been 1,000 years since anyone walked on it.
>This seems to point to the realms being giant regions of space, populated by planetoids, like what the Orb Infernius used to be, while strange anomalies pop up every so often, like The Ashlands.
>Sigmar senses something is up in the Ashlands, probably a reference to Archaon.
>>
>>46447696
Still gestating in her seedpod. Loli Alarielle soon. Get hype.
>>
>>46449444
The Everchild touched Arkan and changed something in him. Does anyone remember that?
>>
>>46450834
Oh yeah, what exactly happened? That bit of info I forgot about.
>>
File: left.jpg (91 KB, 1200x682) Image search: [Google]
left.jpg
91 KB, 1200x682
New battalion, unstoppable mortal wound.
>>
File: right.jpg (71 KB, 1200x540) Image search: [Google]
right.jpg
71 KB, 1200x540
>>46451069
Chamber of royal family, average but useful.
>>
>>46450885
The End Times books doesn't explore the changes in Arkan.

The novel, I believe. do. He developed feels and doubts. Not enough for him to betray Nagash but enough to torment him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.