[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #767: Fooling April O'Neil Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48
File: 1459445873110.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1459445873110.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46386471
>>
Jumpers have you ever been worried your companions are plotting against you?
>>
>>46399435
Don't play with my heart like this OP.

Because the only other guy who's making a TMNT jump is an arsehole and it hurts deep down.
>>
Let's say I want to go about podding Zelretch so that people in future jumps have to deal with two massive trolls.

What's the best jump to do so in?
>>
>>46399475
Wait, who? Was it Mega? I kind of feel like he called it, but I can't remember.
>>
>>46399492
You don't. He's Zelretch, he doesn't need a pod. Just convince him that coming along on the adventure will be fun, he'll handle the rest.
>>
In Tsukihime, it says vampires can't swim. How much does No-Sell mitigate this?

Would it just be like the equivalent of a normal human trying to swim in heavy clothes or what?
>>
>>46399515
Yup, it was him. But he specifically only called the newest show, the two older ones are still fair game.
>>
Wait a minute. The Jam Semblance in RWBY says you can dispel the supernatural abilities of others? I though it was just for other people's Semblances and Grimm.

What is the limit on that?
>>
>>46399525
Wait, would he actually be able to do that?

And what about being frozen in time?
>>
>>46399525
>>46400088
Didn't Val say that a pod IS required, since he just gets frozen without it?
>>
>>46400088
Don't ask me mister sandwich
>>
Libriomancer question:

If you've been with a mate for damn near ages now, Desire Defined is essentially free points. Is it scummy to game the drawback like that, or have at it?
>>
>>46400145
Yeah, I think that's what was said last thread
>>
>>46400226
>Keep in mind that this is based on what your partner subconsciously desires, not what they say they want.
>>
>>46400294
And subconscious desires change over time just as a person changes over time.

TEN GODDAMN CAPTCHA SOLVERS, 4CHAN.
R U SRS
>>
>Jump-Chain: Name Fag edition
What a bunch of losers, good thing I won't have a na-WAIT NO.
Nah, I'm just screwing with you guys. What's up?
>>
>>46399702
Yep not to mention several comic continuities and the like. so really its just that >>46399475 is too lazy to make an actual jump.
>>
>>46400367
I fucking hate everyone on the internet today.

Because of what fucking day it is.
>>
>>46400367
You're a bird.
>>
>>46400367
>Irma Bird
Yes, yes you are.
In other news, I'm thinking of making a new Jump, and am currently researching what it could be, though I'm also quite busy with RL. It's progress, though slow.
>>
>>46400505
Oh yeah? Wait, are you the Read or Die anon from yesterday?
>>
File: the grape escape.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the grape escape.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>46400367
More like Irma Fruit.

Goddamn the layout change.
>>
>>46400505
have you considered Diablo? I don't think it's been claimed but a lot of people seem to want it
>>
>>46400596
Nah, I'm someone else.
>>
File: ssssssswampmonster!.jpg (83 KB, 282x400) Image search: [Google]
ssssssswampmonster!.jpg
83 KB, 282x400
Scooby-Doo!

Scooby-Doo (2002)
Man in a Mask
Enormous Appetite 100
Divide and Conquer 300
Acting! 400
Golddigger 600
Coolsville News 700
Disguise
Doo Family Collar 900
Shaggy Super Sandwich Supplies+ 1200
Scatterbrained 1000

One of those jumps where your build changes quite a bit if you actually read the damn thing properly. Dipped into all the backgrounds other than Mastermind I think so that's pretty impressive in a 6 background jump. Probably has something to do with having a lot of cheap options though.

Got free choice for which version of Scooby-Doo to go for. Went for the live action movie which was mostly not great but had a lot of stupid stoner comedy and women running around in bikinis so might be fun to turn my brain off in.

Enormous Appetite means I can eat as much as I can without it causing problems. Thinking of this more in terms of being a giant monster than anything else.

Divide and Conquer was pretty much an essential Batman perk.

Acting! was discounted and lets me hide my feelings and motivations which could come in handy.

Golddigger lets me see how much money people have got and how much stuff is worth. Lotta uses for this, from bargain hunting to knowing who is padding their paychecks with dirty money.

Coolsville News is one of those story hook options I always try to take. Got about 3 updating treasure maps and now a newspaper that leads to a mystery. Isn't even an explicitly profitable one but good for when I get bored.

Disguise is a freebie. Going for swamp monster as it's a classic.

Doo Family Collar I bought on the grounds that you could sort of aim it at stuff (i.e. not all your assets are explained but the ones you want are). Good for sword in the stone style stuff to explain why you have the superweapon and are therefore a big deal.

Sandwiches are a no brainer.

aand so is the drawback I took. Going in as a dumbass which is good as I'll actually be able to have fun/tolerate the place. Giving my brain the decade off.
>>
>>46400707
Well, if you're looking for jump ideas, I'd love it if someone did a Generic Dystopia jump, or a My life as a teenage robot jump. Oh, or maybe a Diablo jump? Lots of options.
>>
>>46400701
It would probably be good jump material, but I've never played a single Diablo game, and don't really have the time to go through them. I also don't have much interest in it, which is the main dealbreaker.
>>
>>46400688
I have a somewhat solution
this will make it stop killing your eyes, it's still material though
>http://pastebin.com/ixuArPGD
>get stylebot (chrome addon, maybe firefox, don't know)
>go to the options for the addon
>add a style
>put boards.4chan.org into the URL
>put the text from the pastebin into the CSS area
>you're done, reload all your tabs to make them not eye cancer
>>
>>46400505
Oh rad. Good luck, I am working on one as well. About 20% with Witch Hunter Robin.
>>
>>46400789
>My life as a teenage robot
YES
YES
YESSSSSSSS
if anyone makes that there better be a canon companion option, I need Jenny in my jumps
>>
>>46400823
Given how he fast he spits out jumps, maybe ask DDS anon might be interested? Then again, he's only done MegaTen jumps, so...
>>
>>46400823
yeah screw my Diablo idea and go with this.
>>
>>46400789
what kind of dystopia's would be available i'm curious.
>>
>>46400823
>want this jump really fucking badly
>know for a fact I'd fuck it up even worse than my last jump
>my last jump was Night Angel
>>
>>46400789
>>46400823
But I'm making MLAATR
>>
>>46400789
My Life as a Teenage Robot sounds interesting, and I have some experience with it, so it sounds quite nice, but I'll have to research it a bit more to get a good grasp on it. The last time I watched it was when I was seriously young. But as a concept, I'm interested in making it. Not claiming it yet though.

>>46400924
Oh, well okay then. Godspeed, anon, make it a good one.
>>
>>46400924
seriously ?! how far along are you?! Can we see the WIP?!
>>
>>46400924
>MLAATR
>Ben 10
>both coming SOON(TM)
yes
this makes the anon happy
>>
>>46400906
Well, there's a whole bunch of different dystopias you could use, like 1984, the Giver, Hunger Games, Farenheit 451, shit like that.
>>46400924
Oh, my bad. Can you show us what you've got so far, please?
>>
>>46400958
>>46400976
I don't ever post WIPs, I'm afraid. I've got the origins and perks down though.
>>
>>46400985
You're blueballing us, anon. Not even a single sneak peek?
>>
>>46401011
Nope. Not how I run.
>>
Any particular occult related or 'dark' technological jumps people are looking to see made? Stuff like xxxHolic, Mushishi, Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Speed Grapher, or shit like that. Doesn't even have to be anime. Just those same kind of themes. I have some free time and could probably whip out one or two in a few days.
>>
>>46400226
Here's a good way to do it:

They may've subconsciously changed over thousands of years so that you are, essentially, their subconscious desire - but it's a facet of you that they desire. They may love all of you, but lust for... say... the dominant part. Or the submissive part. You know what I mean.
>>
>>46401045
could you at least tell us how you're outlining it? Like what the origins are?
>>
>>46401060
I for one would be interested, Ergo Proxy in particular, if only so I could spend time teasing Re-l.
>>
>>46401073
>Jumper takes Desire Defined
>their waifu suddenly reveals a dominant streak after Jumper's made a trap.

Oh dear.
>>
>>46401114
Origins are Drop-in (Brad and Tuck mainly), Teenage Robot (Jenny), Cluster (Duh), and Mad Scientist (Nora with some Shelden and others). For a while I've been stuck on wanting another origin but there's not too much to put in there.
>>
>>46401144
Yeah, I was honestly surprised no one had done that one yet. I need to find out if anyone has claimed it and started working on it.
>>
>>46401154
space biker?
>>
>>46401060
>'dark', occult technological
.hack would be nice, fighting Morgana would be awesome, given her 8 Cursed Waves, and some of the stuff series bordered on occult, given how she could send people in real life into comas or worse, what she did to Sora. That, or Serial Experiment Lain.
>>
>>46401187
Not a lot to them, though. That's always the rub with basing things on secondary and tertiary characters.
>>
>>46401191
>was literally about to ask for .hack
>beaten to it
what is this shit
>>
>>46401204
Skyway patrol? Alternate Armageddroid capstone for teenage robot?
>>
>>46399887
>what is the limit on Jam Semblance?
No theoretical limit, but the difficulty and time taken scales with the target. So if it takes you a minute to shut down a Grimm, it's going to take you a LOT longer to shut down, say, Mab or Odin. By which time they've probably killed you anyway.
>>
>>46401060
I'd be down for some Mushishi, if you think you could make it work.
>>
>>46401223
Perhaps you did ask for it anon. Perhaps...I AM YOU! Or it could just be that great minds think alike, but that's not as fun.
>>
Reposting from last thread.

Do the Shrink and Grow capstone powers in the main DC jump only do subatomic and couple of hundred feet respectively, or can you go to in-between sizes? Also, I assume that they do affect your gear, but just realized it doesn't specify either way. So I'd like to confirm that too.
>>
>>46401324
oh man that show was creepy as all hell, did anyone else try to find their second eyelid after that episode? Did anyone else succeed?
>>
>>46392760
>So, how do I tank an Omega Beam?

Which Omega Beam? Darkseid's? They're different in every continuity. Heck, they're often not even consistent within a continuity. Your best bet is just to stack a whole bunch of different durability perks, along with anti-instakill perks, second-chance/life perks and general resistance perks, then hope for the best.

>>46393507
>Calming it down would involve both undoing the damage from the War in Heaven and the birth of Slaanesh, /and/ blocking off the Warp's ability to retcon itself and anything that touches it - and at that point you might as well call it quits. You may be immune to time shenanigans, but the people you're trying to save aren't.

No Fate But What We Make from Terminator jump. The people you work with share your immunity to time shenanigans. So if you rezzed the Emperor and convinced him to publicly work with you...
>Emps announces his return to the cheers of the Imperium
>Emps announces this is due to the efforts of Jumper, "and we will ALL work together to defend the Imperium from the schemes of Chaos!"
>enormous record-screeching sound from Chaos as their temporal shenanigans go bye-bye like Kansas in the Matrix
>>
Is it possible to recreate YJ Flash's formula to gain his speed without having pay for the 900cp to get somewhat close to his?

How fast is double purchase of Super Speed in YJ? I know Wally can barely go speed of Sound. Impulse is a lot faster but still growing so his powers aren't on Barry's level.

Tornado twins confirmed
>>
>>46401391
Yes and yes.
>>
>>46401391
>>46401541
Should probably specify that if by gear you mean clothing then yes, Not sure about weapons but probably fine as well. Works on comic book rules.

Can't make the tank you're driving massive though.
>>
>>46401060
>xxxHolic
That would be awesome.
>>
I have a few questions about the Power Ranger Jump.

1. Is the Attiitude perks personality alteration a one time thing, or can you decide to modify your personality at any time?

2. If you take the Attitude Perk (or get it for free) do you have to use it's personality adjustment part, or can you just leave it as a will power boost.

3. Does the Moon Palace item come with a way to reach it if you lack a method of space travel?

4. If your a Space Witch and you take the Floating Head drawback does taking Zorlon's role replace your previous task with guiding the power rangers against the evil aliens, or
do you have to keep the earth from being conquered while being expected to conquer the earth?
>>
>>46401507
Even if you do manage to recreate the incident and gain superspeed you won't have access to the Speed Force in other universes like you would if you bought the perk.
>>
>>46401942
What if you already have access to speed force? Just gotta go faster.
>>
>>46402053
then get really fucking lucky on a Stand roll and get Kinetic Energy Absorption, or just get the power in some other way, and fanwank you can use it to steal Speed
>>
>>46402053
Don't know, you'd have to ask YJ Anon.
>>
File: whyyy.png (157 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
whyyy.png
157 KB, 1680x1050
Sorry, non-thread-relevant question here, google and faqs were no help.

I came in to browse and found the thread looking like pic, I have no extensions or anything installed, the catalog was my usual dark tomorrow theme, there's no theme menu at the bottom of this thread, posts don't show all replies, replies don't preview despite my current settings, and everything is in the center of the screen for some reason.

How do I fix this?
>>
>>46402456
Wait until tomorrow, it's an April Fools day prank by MooToo
>>
>>46402456
It's April Fools by JapaneseMoot.
>>
>>46402456
Wait until April 1st is over in whatever timezone 4chan is using, then reload the site in your browser.
>>
>>46400789
Why Generic as opposed to just picking a Dystopia? 1984 not good enough for you?
>>
>>46401942
People agreed you could keep it before because the Speed Force doesn't exist in YJ.
>>
>>46402053
Time manipulation perks are your friend.
>>
>>46402542
So you can have a bit of freedom when writing perks without that one guy coming in and yelling about non-canon stuff.
>>
File: We'll Make Millions.jpg (274 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
We'll Make Millions.jpg
274 KB, 1280x720
Have an april fools treat to make up for the awful format of the board today.
>>
>>46402707
WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? IS THERE A VERSION WITH NERO?
>>
File: Worldbuilding.jpg (58 KB, 910x616) Image search: [Google]
Worldbuilding.jpg
58 KB, 910x616
Tell me about your artistic endeavors, /jc/.
>>
>>46402707
Based anon
>>
>>46402707
I have absolutely no idea who this is.
>>
>>46402866
Well, if I ever find an art gallery on a world that doesn't know who Cinder is...

What? It's one of the best not-quite-lethal takedowns on the Sorcerer list.
>>
File: Ku7q2Sf.jpg (367 KB, 2227x2925) Image search: [Google]
Ku7q2Sf.jpg
367 KB, 2227x2925
>>46402985
Scathatch/ Lancer from Fate/ Grand Order.
Huh, everyone has a name that consists of a first and last name. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYmHYQPaHaw
>>
>>46403091
This is Alice, by the way.
>>
>>46402866
I make Automail in my spare time and I make it functional yet beautiful. My favorite piece is an arm studded with gems, but not just any gems, no, the gems are in fact philosopher's stones made by massacring bitches in WH40K ,I gave them round cuts as smooth as possible before I set them into the automail. There are 5 in all, and the pattern etched into the metal is that of a flame. I use it when I need to be my Sunday best for a fight.
>>
>>46403064
I don't know what you're referring to, but I'm curious.
>>
>>46403064
>spoiler
What?
>>
>>46403192
>>46403242
A 6th-level Transmutation spell known as Flesh to Stone.

Unless of course it doesn't work that way, in which case never mind.
>>
File: All hail the kube.jpg (3 MB, 4928x3264) Image search: [Google]
All hail the kube.jpg
3 MB, 4928x3264
>>46402866
It was described as "Derivative" but I wasn't really going for originality
>>
>>46402866
aside from my companions and I being a band on numerous occasions, I have made paintings of places in my companions homelands for the visit if they miss them, and I took Leonardo da Vinci as a servant have always treated her as an artist I was patronizing , she was even in Are We Cool Yet? During the scp jump
>>
>>46403316
Ah. Yes, it does work that way. Thus the old "garden full of remarkably detailed statues in various poses" trope you can find in some adventure modules.
>>
So if I have A+ mana, a magic core, either A+ or EX HSDW, and Gift of the Thousand Master thrown in, what do I look like next to Medea?

I'm trying to figure out just what my Mary-Sue Servant can do.
>>
>>46403366
No, I mean the "drag a Flesh to Stone victim with you someplace nobody knows their name and leave them there, such that they will never be flesh and blood again and maybe be in a museum or gallery forever" thing.
>>
File: 1+beholder+purple+WIP+jpg.jpg (267 KB, 613x700) Image search: [Google]
1+beholder+purple+WIP+jpg.jpg
267 KB, 613x700
>>46403488
Well, they /do/ say art is in the (sixth) Eye of the Beholder...
>>
File: 1452747642067.jpg (43 KB, 539x588) Image search: [Google]
1452747642067.jpg
43 KB, 539x588
Hrm. Problem. Chronicles Of Narnia jump. How is one supposed to reconcile its cosmology with that of jumpchain, given Lewis's work is drenched in the belief of an Abrahamic deity that is supposedly both Good and Omnipotent, yet not only allows Evil to exist but allows or perhaps even demands people suffer infinite torment for finite wrongs that it permitted to occur in the first place?

Would the giant talking lion develop an anime sweat-drop and go 'la la la' when I raise that issue? Or try to divert/smite me before I can reveal the lower-case-god behind the curtain? Or would I instead find myself in a not-quite-Narnia where the philosophy the lion/story espouses actually manages to be internally consistent?
>>
>>46403984
Abrahmic God is only omnipotent within his universe. He's not shit outside of it.
>>
>>46403984
>Would the giant talking lion develop an anime sweat-drop and go 'la la la' when I raise that issue? Or try to divert/smite me before I can reveal the lower-case-god behind the curtain?

Have you ever argued with someone really Christian?

Something something mysterious ways, etc. etc.

and in Narnia they'd actually be 100% right so there's really not a lot of point to arguing about it.
>>
>>46403984
Ask the Lion. No, seriously. Narnia is basically your one chance to ask all the theological questions you've ever wanted to ask.

You might not get any answers, though. You know how cats are.
>>
>>46404095
>If you are who you say you are, why did you let the dinosaurs die?
>What is the limit of hope?
>Is a pact made in ignorance still sound?
>If you really are who you say you are... why make a universe in the first place? What could you possibly need or want from it?
>>
File: peekaboo.png (144 KB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
peekaboo.png
144 KB, 720x406
>>46396313
Drawbacks: Multiversal Sanitation Duty, Bloody Mops (1400)

Polar Sanitation Co. Janitor, Age 32

Sanitized Earth (Free)
Christmas Crisis Averted (1250)
Santa Claus is Coming to Town (950)
House of Honor (650)
A-Series Space Mop (Free)
Rooks Keep Figurines/Ballistic Weapon Toys (Free)
St. Nick's Boomstick (600)
The Cask of Amontillado (0)

Man, it's weird coming back and having to deal with lower tech. Mops? Just use a graviton-entangled portal array, much less effort. Bucket dispensers? Don't need 'em anymore, but with the right Correspondence-enhanced frequencies and calibrated wavelengths could set up some self-replicating pylons to sanitise those nooks and crannies. Incinerator? Just go for straight matter annihilation.

Anyway. This is going to take a while, but fuck it-we're here to protect these worlds and sometimes that means doing some tedious backtracking. The companions will be spared this tedium though. Alas, the narrators are stuck with us. Or maybe Rucks, Pinky, the Outsider and Jump-Chan are out watching something more interesting at the moment.

If there's any upside to this though, it's that we can finally, FINALLY throw Nyarlathotep into the trash where it belongs.
>>
>>46404221
Huh. I always thought you were a guy, Madeline.
>>
File: CUHRAHZEE.png (522 KB, 398x648) Image search: [Google]
CUHRAHZEE.png
522 KB, 398x648
>>46394547
Each of the OC Mystic Eyes is based on an Imaginary Element-basically a law of metaphysics that normally doesn't exist outside the Type-Mooniverse.

Imaginary Numbers or Hollow encompasses what exists, but not the spiritual plane. It's highly effective against spirits; the Matous used it to imprison spiritual beings in a shadow dimension. Another magus of the Clocktower uses it to create storage subspaces where time and space have no meaning.

Nothingness or Demons is a phenomena that reacts to human desire in order to cause spiritual mediums to react, materialise humans-and in extreme cases like Avenger and Kiara, turn humans into demons. Mind you, both of those had other, much more significant factors bringing them to their in-series powerlevel. It's similar to the principle of Medusa's petrification eyes, apparently.

Taken together, our eyes let us manifest, manipulate and infuse the elements into things-like, say, magecraft. Since we have no clue on how to start researching the Third Magic, between these, using the Moon Cell to observe all of High Speed Divine Words' history from its' conception and the Lesser Grail we magpied in Fate we also intend to use these eyes in magical experiments in order to, in a roundabout way, become to Sakura Matou what Kiara is to Avenger.
>>
>>46404212
>What could you possibly need or want from it?

He was bored. Cha cha cha chia universe.
>>
File: antispiralhuman1.png (60 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman1.png
60 KB, 704x478
>>46404353
Dangit, and I was having a fairly good run with names in terms of name-Jumper-gender-accuracy so far. I'm just surprised it's still April Fools on whatever end of the world 4chins is based on since it's a new day's morning for me.

>>46404212
>Could God have prevented Cain from murdering Abel? If not, does that mean he wanted it to happen?
>>
>>46404459
It's still April 1st in MURRIKA. It doesn't end on East Coast for another 2 hours.
>>
>>46404459
Didn't figure you for a Euro.

Anyway, it's currently 10pm on the east coast, which is of course the beast coast, and also what 4chan server time is set to.
>>
>>46404221
Is Heaven around?
I sat through 2 seasons of that Heaven's lost property drivel expecting the whole machine intelligence rights question become a bit more central, and it didn't. Just echii shit that's even more retarded than normal. Some how this kid out does Issei in his retardation.

Something needs to come from that time so the very least I can bring up some issues that I have with his jump.

Nothing major. I just think that Processing should have some stuff about the abilities being Force multiplication.

It's fucking devastating how much shit Nymph gets for being useless. That's because she's the Angelroid equivalent of a E-767, next to useless in combat on it's own, but drastically improves the combat capabilities of the offensive craft.

Fuck you for getting me into this shit.
>>
>>46404459
Dont worry asa you will have your name back eventually.
>>
>>46404006
>>46404027
Do you think my jumper would get the 'la la la' treatment or the 'smite' treatment for raising the issue?

>>46404095
>>46404212
>>46404459
As above, I'm kinda worried that the answers might involve claws and teeth. NT god wasn't quite as smite-happy as OT god, but he still didn't like being questioned (and both Revelations and the ending of the Chronicles would indicate he's simply planning ahead).
>>
I don't care about the names I just want the fucking board to not be an eyesore
>>
>>46404785
Good point. Have an extra life perk first. Then if he smites you... it's time to buy some immortality perks, and maybe an afterlife.
>>
>>46404798
I kinda like the names, actually. But if that's the price to pay to get the board back, then so be it.
>>
>>46404585
Do you have that thing where you have to watch through crap if you start on it?
>>
>>46404828
>choose Chronicles Of Narnia as next jump
>approach Warehouse door to enter jump
>giant lion waiting patiently on other side
>danger sense perk is screaming its head off
>so glad you bought the forcewall for the door
>turn to jump-chan, "so, monopoly or checkers?"
>>
>>46405021
>Monopoly

You monster.
>>
So, here's a question for the Fate/ Jump. Say I didn't want to use my Servant for some reason. Would a Jumper be able to battle in place of one given suffice power?
>>
>>46404997
It had some themes of AI rights and the reviews said it gets a bit more focused later on.

I wanted to see the Minos get wrecked, but I guess I'll have to settle for my delusional power fantasies.

I blame Star Trek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Eg67jDh2Ts

Also, Mikako was fun.
>>
>>46405129
If you're asking if you can fight other Servants instead of having your own Servant fight them, sure. Happens in canon plenty of times too. If you're asking if you can fight in the grail war and not take a Servant/Master then no, you need to have one to participate.
>>
A daily reminder to remove the Ayyys
>>
what is the perk that lets you merge forms gradually? i was last thread not final form i have that, Ii want to fuse my various dragon forms into one without the rest influencing.
>>
>>46404785
>Do you think my jumper would get the 'la la la' treatment or the 'smite' treatment for raising the issue?

False dichotomy there. Neither.

God in Narnia is powerful enough and real enough that they would just think everything you were saying was part of the big plan. Narnia is already a setting where things can live in totally different worlds.

They would just disagree with the conclusions you draw.
>>
File: it's me mittens.jpg (182 KB, 620x1116) Image search: [Google]
it's me mittens.jpg
182 KB, 620x1116
>>46405021
Don't be silly, he's harmless.
>>
Will my faith powers in 40k leave me if I go all xeno?
>>
>>46405184
The former was indeed what I was asking. I knew I needed a Servant to participate, but I'm thinking of not bothering stating one out and just doing the fighting myself. Seems like less of a pain.
>>
>>46405276
You definitely can, there are ways to match up, such as judicious usage of Runes or a Reality Marble.
>>
>>46405213
I was asking about raising the issue with Aslan directly, not the kids or the natives.

>>46405216
lol, pretty much that, yeah. "Uh-huh. No. No no no."
>>
>>46405306
I was actually planning to use out of Jump powers. Forgotten Realms magic, that kind of stuff.
>>
>>46405354
Well of course that kind of thing works.
>>
>>46405217
Inside 40k yes. Humanities survival is contingent on ideological monolithy.

Outside 40k no, but you still at the very least need a set of values that you believe in with religious fervor.

I suggest Classic Liberalism. Justice, Liberty and Democracy.

If you are not a friend of justice, you are mankind's enemy.
>>
>>46405373
I just don't know a ton about the Lore. Didn't know if there were special rules or whatnot.
>>
>>46405385
But Sister, I'm a socialist.
>>
>>46405385
Sister, I didn't know you also worked as a Kamen Rider.
>>
So I'm building a Servant for a magic-focused chain, and I'm wondering what's more valuable - EX HSDW or EX Mana (to combine with other systems with CC for a ton of mana)? I don't know a lot about Fate, but it seems like HSDW basically lets you bypass all off the changing and rituals of the magic system, but I don't know if this is worth more than what seems to be all the mana I'll ever need.
>>
File: hehehehehe.gif (894 KB, 348x270) Image search: [Google]
hehehehehe.gif
894 KB, 348x270
>>46405385
You again!

I dare say you are almost perturbingly persistent! That being said, I have a question for you.

What are your thoughts on working in mysterious and seemingly-contradictory ways behind the scenes to ensure the success of an ancient plan meant to ultimately thwart the forces of disorder?
>>
>>46405490
Go for High Speed Divine Words, since you get much more magic by taking Power to Burn in Dresden Files, SS Potential in Nanoha, Leaky Limiter and Demon Seed in Mushoku Tensei, Soft Cap and Magic Body in Elona, Folded 1000 Times in the Obsidian Tower, Hero of Will in Fable, and Demon King's Power from Demon King Daimyo, and HSDW is relatively unique.
>>
>>46403488
Why does it need to be where nobody knows their name? The spell doesn't have an "unless someone calls out their name nearby or something" undo clause, and nobody in RWBY has access to 6th level spellcasting to Stone to Flesh her. There might be some semblance or magic that could do it, but I doubt it; it's a pretty fucking niche application in a world without medusas, sorcerers, wizards and so on.
>>
>>46405738
He doesn't want to get caught.
>>
>>46405648
What exactly is it that High Speed Divine Words do? The wiki is a bit unclear. I think it's meant to be the sort of thing where you can just order reality what to do instead of having to perform complicated incantations, or something like that. Is that right?
>>
>>46405766
Precisely. See, if left on a world where someone recognizes the character at the very least, someone will get an idea that "wait maybe this really IS her," and that will lead to unfortunate questions.

It's too much of a giveaway about me being a Jumper.
>>
File: 1458028398971.png (163 KB, 508x898) Image search: [Google]
1458028398971.png
163 KB, 508x898
>>46405394
So you don't support Justice, Liberty and Democracy?

Trumps gonna win Arnold
And he's gonna Make America Great Again
And there is nothing you can do to stop him
Should he be assassinated another, more militant populous figure will replace him, and the Libertarian Revolution will not be a peaceful one.

>>46405429
Kinda fits in with my values though, right?

I'm probably more Kamen Rider than Sororitas by now.

>>46405522
Define "disorder" first.

If we're talking about the influences of ruinous powers outside of the scope of humanity then, yeah, probably. But Order and Chaos don't have the same connotations outside of 40K. The chaotic fringes of society are where all the artisans are, where the ideas of the modern Classic Liberal movement were formed. The ultimate expression of these ideals, the US Constitution, had to fight against the dominant force of order at the time.

I think I've said before; I wouldn't rule out an alliance with a god/demon/xeno, but I'd always be wary of them.

Just a bit of chaos is fine
>>
File: y2.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
y2.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>46405821
I support Trump though. Because there are some issues I consider more important than my economic stance and I think Bernie is a useless moron who doesn't know what he's doing.

I do support Justice, of course. Liberty and Democracy to a degree, in the proper places.
>>
>>46405821
The former, really. Anything from "Daemons with the serial numbers filed off" to the Grimm.
>>
>>46405821
>That picture
S-sister? I-I'm mildly concerned...
>>
>>46405648
Actually, iirc, EX would be equivalent to 50,000 magic circuits. How much power is that in terms of, say, Dresden Files beings? Would you have magical energy (though not likely raw power) in comparable amounts to Mab and Titania?
>>
>>46405815
>someone will get an idea that "wait maybe this really IS her,"
Actually they'll probably just get the idea "wow this sculptor was really good."
Remember, they're going to be "recognising" her from an anime if it's any other world than RWBY, so the appearance isn't going to be that close. If it is RWBY, just sand it down a little or stick it in running water for a while or something. You should probably do that regardless of where you want to leave it, actually, because the hyper realism is much more of a giveaway than it vaguely resembling people's vision of an anime character if they were real.
>>
>>46405810
you're basically ignoring cast times, at EX I would imagine it would allow you to use lengthy rituals as single-actions and anything less than that as at-will
>>
>>46405927
See ya in BC. Or whatever the acronym is.
>>
>>46405810
I've only seen the UBW anime, but the stuff I remember Caster doing is flight, teleportation, beamspam, buffing her Master to the point where he could beat the shit out of Saber, holding Saber prionser with some type of magical energy cuffs and torturing her, and somehow hijacking things to allow her to summon a Servant herself. Though that last thing may have had something to do with her NP, which lets her break rules.

Pretty impressive compared to what I remember the other mages in the anime doing.
>>
File: 1457403934134.png (392 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1457403934134.png
392 KB, 900x1200
>>46405876
As I said, I wouldn't rule out an alliance with a god, and following a prophecy is what I would consider an alliance.

But such a creature is basically Tzeentch, and the Emperor warns against allying with such creatures. It wouldn't be my first choice in defeating the Ruinous powers. Chance is I'd just being jumping in to an age old conflict. I'd rather pull a Sheridan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tj4qfe9afs

>>46405927
1000 years in the warp has been rough
I'm not even sure I have the right to fight on humanity's behalf anymore.

Remember fellow sisters

Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light
Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith
Where there is shame, I shall point atonement
Where there is rage, I shall show its course
My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field.
>>
>>46405490

Mana isn't a great choice, as there're so many magitech options that it's should be more or less trivial to create artificial mana batteries and generators.
>>
>>46406190
Just as I wonder if I have any right to carry on a modified form of the Old Ones' Great Plan.

Even still, are these not the things we must do? Are these not the things that call to us? If it is your wish to fight for humanity, then so be it.
>>
File: ASsmirk.png (254 KB, 487x518) Image search: [Google]
ASsmirk.png
254 KB, 487x518
>>46399473
Of course not. Partly because we've known some of them for longer than most civilisations have existed, partly because a little conspiracy keeps us from getting sloppy, partly because it's all in good fun for the more morally ambiguous ones and partly because the more morally vigilant ones have a little more leeway to "thwart" our plans as part of our friendship.

>>46405810
Apart from what Laurel said, fundamentally it's a form of casting that was bestowed on humanity by the Divine Spirits to cast magic without needing components like innate life energy basically combusting with Gaia's ambient magic. By making it part of your legend, you open yourself up to a new paradigm that's much more efficient and powerful than modern magecraft.

Also, other feats include hijacking leylines, compressing space to bind a Servant in place, turning living beings into Mystic Codes as foci for spells and sabotaging magical systems on par with the Holy Grail War to the extent of being able to hijack one Servant's place by summoning your own.

>>46405992
The only EX magic users-Semiramis and Anderson-had extensive infratructure buffing their feats to even HIGHER degrees to do things like create floating magical fortresses with built-in armies that can let them launch giant magic beams and turn people into their ideal selves (which again-was predicated on something MUCH, MUCH, MUCH more powerful than a Servant buffing Anderson's feat).

It's equally hard to guage magical energy feats for Mab and Titania since the former never fights fair and the latter's literally only been seen in person once, and the things Jim's stated can overpower them either don't have concrete feats either or consist of entire civilisations/organizations. A safe bet would be that EX would put you on par with Eldest Gruff, the Leanansidhe and /maybe/ the Erlking considering Harry managed to bind him.
>>
>>46406217
>Just as I wonder if I have any right to carry on a modified form of the Old Ones' Great Plan.

Well, this might just be this humble sisters opinion, and I realise that you were trying to give me some encouragement.

But you don't you fucking heretic. Your reckoning will come heathen.

:^)
>>
>>46406340
What if humans factor into those plans? I mean, even in 40k, the Slaani did genetically tamper with humanity's ancestors with the goal of them evolving into a psyker race. It's not being genetically engineered from the ground up like Eldar, but they still factor in there.
>>
File: slann business opportunities.png (109 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
slann business opportunities.png
109 KB, 370x370
>>46406340
I'm not sure if your vision of heresy applies here, considering our respective goals do not even belong to the same setting.

And mine is dead.
>>
>>46406340
Not that anon, but I hardly think one corrupted by the Warp has room to call someone else a heretic.
>>
>>46406294
>A safe bet would be that EX would put you on par with Eldest Gruff, the Leanansidhe and /maybe/ the Erlking considering Harry managed to bind him.
Really? Because the basic free magic circuit purchase is 20 (which I'm assuming is a basically average for a mage?), and while the Leah is vastly more powerful than the average practitioner, I don't feel like she's 2500 times more powerful than them. So is the average Nasu magi just that piss weak? What can you even do with 20 circuits?
>>
>>46406030
Isn't single-action the same thing as at-will?
>>
>>46406519
The average Nasu magus is indeed piss weak.
>>
>>46406519
The average magus is actually that weak.

Modern magecraft in general is complete trash.
>>
>>46406568
I mean, the Servant sheet says Rin is human peak at 100 Circuits. That doesn't seem like that much of a difference in comparison to 50,000. So even the peak of modern magi are nearly useless?

I just really don't understand the scale here.
>>
>>46406630
Modern Magi are absolutely pathetic next to the ancient ones, even their best are nothing. That said there's two factors to consider with a magi's strength. It's not just the number of circuits, but their quality, that determines how much prana they have.
>>
>>46406630
Isn't it a major theme of the series that modern day mages are garbage compared to the older ones? Didn't one of the old ones actually punch out a TYPE?
>>
File: PURGE TIME.jpg (60 KB, 613x599) Image search: [Google]
PURGE TIME.jpg
60 KB, 613x599
>>46406371
A pro old-ones agenda is anti-liberty, anti-democracy and anti-justice.

You are mankinds enemy.
>>46406403
I have Faith, I would not expect a gentile to understand.
>>
>>46406630
Circuits are just how much energy you have, not skill or ability to wield it. Medea has a ton more energy then Rin but she is also a vastly more skilled magic user using a much more powerful system. On average, a modern magi trying to match an Age of Gods one overall will always fail. There are ways around it, such as super specialising like Shirou does, combining magic with physical ability like Bazett or just plain using something other then Magecraft, like the Sorcerors do.

>>46406691
No, a modern mage using a Magic killed a TYPE.
>>
>>46406699
>Gentile
Sister, some of the Primarchs fell to the Ruinous Powers. Are you telling me you spent God-Emperor knows how long in the Warp without being corrupted by it?
>>
Thanks for the answers. One more question, if I choose HSDW, what happens to my Core and Circuits? As I understand it, HSDW predates them both, so do they still exist, but the energy is drawn from them with them actually being unnecessary? Or do they vanish altogether?
>>
File: ASgrumpy.png (290 KB, 630x542) Image search: [Google]
ASgrumpy.png
290 KB, 630x542
>>46406340
>>46406217
Guys.

Guys, knock it off.

Look, you may have your differences in ideology and ontology. You may come from utterly different cultures and values. You may never truly come to understand each other. You might even want to destroy each others' respective organization-but there's something that unites us all:

Hatred of the Warp.

Dividing and conquering opponents is Tzeentch's MO. Miring opportunities in decay is Nurgle's taint. Letting petty vendettas rise over the need for survival is Slaanesh's work. And as for Khorne-well, enough said.

Surely you can see that to stand as a united front is a lesser heresy to destroying all possibility for your factions' triumph because of the dark gods' whims.

>>46406519
Leah slaughtered several primordial vampires powerful enough to be mistaken for gods by backstabbing them with an illusion strong enough to hide with them seamlessly, and fought the surviving 4 or 5 like she was having fun rather than actually concerned about the fight.

Nasu mages being piss-weak is...kinda true. On the one hand, the modern system is extremely inefficient compared to the old ways. On the other hand, it STILL encompasses things like limitless space traps, mercury blobs that can sheer through concrete and steal effortlessly, ressurective backup artificial bodies and doubling personal time when performed by people who're good at it.

>>46406711
Zelretch is an exception because he can use True Magic, the hax reality warping that breaks the rule of modern magic and cannot be reconciled with the old magic systems. It's not the same thing as modern magecraft at all, it's more like making a metaphysical breakthrough on par with splitting the atom.
>>
>>46406699
>anti-liberty

Was it not Lord Kroak who taught magic to the Elves, that they might be free from the clutches of Chaos?

>anti-justice
Was it not Sotek who drove the vile Clan Pestilens into the sea, as they rightly deserved for their crimes against Lustria?

>anti-democracy
Fair enough, though the same could be said of any other faction, and the Slann really /do/ know better than their lesser kin.
>>
>>46406767
I know. That's why I said Magic. Magic and Magecraft are not the same things. Zelretch is not a Age of Gods time being, so he must use Magecraft but he also has access to a Magic, which is technically Age of Gods and also beyond it in some ways given how it's stated Medea is incapable of using any of the 5 current Magics.
>>
File: Finished-Skink5.jpg (375 KB, 600x802) Image search: [Google]
Finished-Skink5.jpg
375 KB, 600x802
>>46406767
You know, you're not wrong.
>>
#14 JADE EMPIRE
Name: Echo
Origin: Spirit Monk

-Perks-
Observing the Wheel (Free)
Martial Mastery (Free) (Iron Palm)
Chi Channeling (Free)
Supportive Style (-350CP) (Spirit Thief)
Focus (Free)

-Companions-
Sans

-Items-
Focus Shrine and Spirit Font (-100CP)
Iron Skin Gem (-300CP)

-Drawbacks-
Fatal Flaw (+0CP, Required)

In the middle of the night on the first day of the jump, I hovered over the home of "Master" Li. After I confirmed he was inside, I let loose with everything I have. Swords reinforced with runes appeared and were fired at at speeds rivaling that of a machine gun. Explosive runes set around the perimeter exploded with the force of ten pounds of C-4. Automated drones hosed the remains down with built in gatling lasers. His underground cave, which I had snuck into and covered in instability and explosive runes, collapsed in on itself.

I checked for his presence with Empathy, which returned nothing. To be sure, I had the drones scan with heat and infra-red vision. Still nothing. Satisfied with this evidence that he was dead, I quickly made my leave, and after picking Sans at Tien's Landing, made my way to the Capital. I let Sans have the privilege of killing the Emperor, while I handled my fellow practitioners of the Closed Fist at Lotus Assassin HQ.

After that was done, I bought some scrolls detailing the forms and stances of the Thousand Cuts style, and we left to explore the world. I suppose at some point while we were exploring and training the other Monk helped the Water Dragon, because we started encountering less ghosts.
>>
File: antiwobble.gif (414 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
antiwobble.gif
414 KB, 520x520
>>46406760
Oh, they still exist and you can technically still use them for stuff. You just probably won't ever for the purposes of on-the-fly magic. Maybe you could research them for biotech mystic code reasons?

>>46406808
Oh, alri-

>technically Age of Gods

I was under the impression the 5 True Magics were explicitly /not/ Age of the Gods things that were invented much later and that's why they're incompatible with the like of Medea, and maybe even Solomon-because they're logical extensions of Nasu's old theme of humanity declining from its' glory days but eventually being able to pick itself up enough to become the nuclear muscle wizards of Notes and surpass the planet
>>
>>46406842
>Sans

Isn't he a bit lazy for all of that?
>>
What vehicle did you guys import for Redline?
>>
>>46406740
Well Lemon Rush is in there too, I'm sure he's fine.
>>
>>46406885
Not that anon, but I don't know, man. The only reason he didn't intervene on non-Genocide paths was because he knew it would all be reset. Now, take that away and put him in a circumstance where someone was gleefully crossing the Moral Event Horizon, or was going too. I presume he would do SOMETHING, at least.
>>
>>46406883
>incompatible with the like of Medea,
Wait, is that true? Because my Servant build had HSDW, but I was planning on using a cconvoluted plan to convince Zelretch to follow me on the chain and eventually teach me the Second Magic.
>>
>>46406888
My mecha. Can't go wrong with a giant robot. Plus, just 50CP to seamlessly install any tech I've got onto it? Too good to pass up.
>>
>>46406914
>Lemon Rush
Who?
>>
IIRC Val stated that you lose any circuits you have and get their equivalent in circuitless mana to use with HSDW. Same happens to any circuits you buy in the future.
>>
>>46406883
True Magic is not a concept under any magic system. True Magics are connecting with Root, which has always been there and always will. It's bypassing reality.
>>
>>46406767
>Hatred of the Warp.
O hai Malal.
>>
>>46406885
Y'see, that's Sans in full "nothing I or anyone does matters because it's going to be reset" mode. When things are in danger for real, like, for example, an emperor gone power mad preventing the departed from reincarnating and causing their spirits to attack and kill others, well then people have a Bad Time.
>>
>>46406936
No, he's got the wrong idea. It states she's incapable because she can't use them because she doesn't know them, not because there's some metaphysical block.
>>
>>46406740
When I say Warp I mean the Chain really.
But yes. The Primarch's that fell had a weakness of faith. Mine is strong.

>>46406767
I would ask the Gestalt anti-spiral entity to recognize that he too is an enemy of humanity. I mean, they aren't exactly wrong, but they also aren't far down my list of shit that needs purging.

>>46406796
>Motherfucking Warhammer Fantasy

When you say "The old ones" you really need to clarify whether or not you're referring to the Cthulhu Mythos. This chain nonsense crosses a lot of boundaries And I'm not super familiar with WHF so didn't immediately recognize the origin of those lizard men.

I redact my accusations until such time as I have a greater understanding of your "Old Ones". Though I'd probably pull a Sheridan there too.
>>
>>46406979
Literally who?
HE WILL NEVER BE CANON, ANON. AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>46406883
Not really. The whole point is that all magecraft used to be Magic and that the march of science has weakened more and more magic. The 5 True Magics are just the only things left that science apparently cannot reproduce no matter the time and resources, at least at the current level of technology. Though as always, Nasu is contradictory in that apparently there are limitless forms of Magic that could still be discovered if a magus were to reach Akasha. I suppose the idea that every path to Akasha can only be taken once fits in with the overall theme for magical stuff in the Nasuverse, that everything is slowly dying and losing all the mystery and wonder to it as logic and science progresses.

>>46406936
It is. Medea can accomplish feats similar to the 2nd Magic and some others, but she's pointed out as being unable to actually learn or use the real thing.

>>46406965
Correct. Yes it's not as good as HSDW and Mana ranks but that's just how Servants work, they're better then normal Magi.
>>
>>46406965
Don't Servants basically already work like that? Just having a big glob of internal mana as opposed to Circuits or Cores or anything?
>>
>>46406959
Realman Crush
>>
>>46407013
It's one of the many inconsistent things. They should be, but Saber demonstrates the mana core (only one in series) and there are sparse references to activating circuits (For Emiya in particular) or otherwise stuff they shouldn't have all over.
>>
>>46406974
If it's dependant on the root than shouldn't you logically be unable to use them outside of the Type-Moon jumps since the Root can't follow you to other multiverse?
>>
>>46407010
>It is. Medea can accomplish feats similar to the 2nd Magic and some others, but she's pointed out as being unable to actually learn or use the real thing.
I thought I remembered Val saying that HSDW doesn't affect your ability to use True Magic or anything
>>
>>46407069
Val did say you probably couldn't LEARN them post-jump, but she seems to feel that if you manage to learn them during the jump they'll keep working.
>>
>>46407004
>When I say Warp I mean the Chain really.
Somehow nearly every time you post I end up with even less respect for your language skills and grasp on reality.
>>
>>46407071
I've never said anything along those lines. I've said that your circuits get translated over if you pick HSDW, that True Magic isn't banned (Barring cross jump interactions for the 2nd Magic) but never anything on interactions between HSDW and True Magic.

>>46407069
>>46407083
This is true. You can only learn them in jump but if you manage to, they will work outside of the jump, same way any of your magecraft/magic/HSDW/whatever will in other jumps, despite not having the supporting metaphysics.
>>
>>46407101
Wow, that's needlessly rude.
>>
>>46407115
>that True Magic isn't banned
That's what I meant. That having HSDW doesn't mean you can't learn True Magic.
>>
>>46407115
Hey Val, I'm making aa NP as a Reality Marble, and I'm wondering if the same rank as UBW (A++, I think?) Is high enough to be able to have swords and over melee weapons, too or if I should tack on an extra + or something?

I actually feel like Shirou copied some other types of weapons while sword-spamming at Gil, but I can't remember exactly.
>>
>>46407283
IIRC he could copy any bladed weapons but non-sword ones were more expensive as his copying was less efficient since his origin only covered swords.
>>
>>46407223
It seems to me that that is in fact the canon limitation. It's a fair trade off, given how close HSDW can get to most of the magics. It's simple enough to just put your effort into learning a Magic in one of the 3 other Type Moon jumps so far that are applicable, 4 if you have some form of time travel.

>>46407283
Shirou/Emiya could copy non sword weapons and even some shields. They took exponentially more mana to trace/project the further they were from a sword as I remember and shields were pretty much as far as he ever showed. So you could have an A++ that can make swords as well as other melee weapons with an increasing cost the further you get, topping out at shields and the like.
>>
File: 21433626.jpg (150 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
21433626.jpg
150 KB, 1024x576
>>46407101
Where exactly do you think you are?
This is a thread dedicated to a structured power fantasy.

I'd also make the counter argument that I'm using language in ways that you can't comprehend and suggest that you might be somewhere on the autism spectrum, you know, if I was a petty person.

In this instance, the chain does have many opportunities to exceed the limitations of the human form. Some of these perks are, in fact, required to survive their respective realms. Even if you don't power grab, there is a question whether or not these powers would have a corrupting effect on your humanity, or your soul, and there is temptation to just power grab. I think that the concept of the Warp is equatable to the concept of the Chain, or at the very least there are some interesting questions we can ask about humanity in the context of the Chain and the Warp that happen to be very similar.
>>
File: Antispiralshocked.png (190 KB, 393x453) Image search: [Google]
Antispiralshocked.png
190 KB, 393x453
>>46407083
>>46407115
Really? To be honest, I've seen magecraft and HSDW as being easier to conceptualise how it works post-jump; the former could be drawing on generic ambient life energy since mana is essentially Gaia's bigger version of od, the latter could be an aspect of your Servant's legend being made manifest to affect said life energy in similar ways.

I mean, more power to anyone who thinks they can but personally I just don't see how something that logically dependant on something as fundamental as Akasha could work without it, like trying to enter the Warp in a jump without a Warp in it. Which was why I ended up trying to cook up I Can't Believe It's Not The Third Magic from other bits and pieces instead of actually learning the original form.

>>46406979
Sorry, can't hear you from behind these cosmic AT-Fields that Blank out your Warpish shenanigans, and the pylon technology we reverse engineered from our Necron allies to reproduce Omega-Minus Blank capabilities at will.

>>46407004
We are neither an enemy to humanity nor its' ally. We simply do what we do for the protection of the universe, and there are times when it is prefereable to see it empowered than allow a more destructive, unfetterable force its' victory.

The Old Ones are basically WHF's attempt at kinda personifying the Old Ones of 40K, they're fat frog people who genetically engineered lizard people as servitors, have incredibly strong psychich powers (Lord Kroak, their head honcho, is apparently miles buffer than a Greater Daemon but probably not on par with the Emperor after milennia of sacrifices/belief) and who are among the chief enemies of Chaos
>>
>>46407328
>It's simple enough to just put your effort into learning a Magic in one of the 3 other Type Moon jumps
Oh, wait. It bars you from learning it in the jump where you're a Servant, but not in the others. Well, that clears things up.

>So you could have an A++ that can make swords as well as other melee weapons with an increasing cost the further you get, topping out at shields and the like.
Alright, thanks. I mostly just wanted to be able to project spears and axes. Those shouldn't be too much expensive, right?
>>
>>46407367
>trying to enter the Warp in a jump without a Warp in it.
I mean, Psykers are still at risk of warp insanity (though not demons eating their face) and warp-travel still works, right?
>>
>>46407367
It works without it because of jump fiat. Without a Grand Reality Marble or similar system, magecraft and HSDW would just not do anything. Magic would still work as long as it had a connection to Akasha. Thus so that you don't lose almost everything, it keeps working the same as in jump because of fiat.

>>46407393
Probably not too much more then the equivalent swords would be.
>>
>>46405648
Something I've sort of been wondering for a while - do these magic perks apply to other magic systems? (In the general consensus.)

I've been assuming that separate magic systems are, well, separate. So spamming Dresden Wizardry won't tap into my Wheel of Time/Elona/Fate/whatever magical reserves, and a boost for Dresden files won't help other magic systems anymore than other peks will increase my Dresden capacity (unless the perk says it will help other systems).
>>
>>46407447
Okay, thanks.

One more question I forgot to ask. Just hwo much would that RM affect me? Am I going to go full shounen protagonist like Shirou?
>>
>>46407584
>Powers can and will draw from the same power source. For example, Reborn! Dying Will Flames and DC Green Lantern Corps rings both draw off willpower, and therefore draw off the same energy source.
>>
>>46407584
It's really up to individual interpretation. Lots of people house rule that they have a single magic pool to draw from. I tend to use them as separate unless I use Conjoined Conjures.
>>
>>46407589
If you are getting UBW/UBW like, then you're going to be having many of the same 'I am a Sword' delusions as Shirou. You will be influenced by them a fair deal but not necessarily in the 'shounen protagonist' way that Shirou was, because he also had a dream of becoming a hero.

>>46407584
I've always said that people are better of using Conjoined Conjures or something instead of plain magical circuits if they don't go for HSDW. Just pumping more mana into your circuits then they can handle is a great way to blow your soul/body up.
>>
>>46407657
Okay, well if I already have Heart of a Child and the RoboCop perk that lets you remain you, is it fair to say I could get away with something like a minor tendency for direct combat and solving problems by just hitting it with superior power?
>>
>>46407699
I'm gonna say no. The Reality Marble won't actually work if you don't have this 'strangeness' to your mind and if you want UBW, you'll need roughly the same level as Shirou. So you could choose to remove the negative effects, but then you'd either not be able to summon the RM or it'd come out extremely weak.
>>
>>46404585
Heavens here. You're welcome.

I may have included Heart Bell for reasons like that, desu. Poor Nymph.
>>
>>46407761
How else could my sword delusions manifest other than Shirou's?

I haven't actually seen anything other than the anime.
>>
>>46404585
Sorry, missed part of your post. What did you have in mind? Still Heavens.
>>
>>46407761
Wait, so any Reality Marble shenanigans won't work without being unhinged? Is this like the whole "embrace the Origin" insanity deal, or can we still use perks like SAO's Roleplay to separate our work lives, as it were.

This is Clover by the way, and it's already saturday and I am tired of the April fool's formatting.
>>
>>46407328
>close HSDW can get to most of the magics
Fucking where? From what we've seen of both this is nonsense.
>>
what jump lets you fuse weapons armor and other similar items
>>
>>46407792
>>46407824

I'd just add something to hacking skill about being able to network with allied weapons and systems if I was you. Oh and Medusa should be able to be projected on to allies too.

Unless you think that unbalances those abilites, but Nymph is the most under rated Angelroid because of her offensive hacking and stealth can be used as support abilities.
>>
>>46407807
Not that anon but I want to just post this anyways
>>
>>46407838
I hope it lasts forever, because I'm EVIL. And because it's not THAT bad. Maybe not forever, but, I wouldn't mind having it around for a little longer.
>>
>>46407889
Oh man. That image total cracked me up more than it should have.
>>
File: Zim_and_the_duct_tape_hamster.png (902 KB, 1437x1080) Image search: [Google]
Zim_and_the_duct_tape_hamster.png
902 KB, 1437x1080
>>46407864
Aion has an Item for that, Invader Zim has the Duct Tape, and Sburb will have Alchemization once it comes out.
>>
>>46407420
Warp insanity is a product of you tapping into the swirling eddies of the corrupted Warp. I'd hazard that, no, you're not going to suffer warp insanity. Hell even during the jump, it seems like most big name psykers have enough will power and control that they NEVER have to deal with it. So do similar.
>>
>>46407807
You could maybe be more focused on protecting a single person, relentlessly pursue people that insult or harm you as a sword of vengeance, etc. Have some creativity, look up some metaphors for swords and how they're used in stories. That's basically the sort of thing. Long as it has a fairly significant influence, at least during some times such as high stress situations, it should work.

>>46407838
Correct, you need to be at least a bit out of the norm. Reality Marbles are literally you having a world view so different it can be projected into the real world from your soul. You can probably use perks like Roleplay to separate it when you're not trying to use it for sure.

I too am tired of this stupid naming thing. At the very least it'd help if you could type in your own name instead of being forced to deal with random stuff.

>>46407859
Read the wiki. Medea's page, Magic page, this is some of the few stuff actually on there and I'm not really in the mood to spoon feed you all of her feats.
>>
>>46407887
Don't see any reason not to. I'll put that under notes to consider when I get around to making 0.5, it'll probably be added without much fuss.
>>
>>46407635
Calling that a houserule is wrong. Doing that means you're breaking the established rules of jumpchain. That's not true. QS left it open to interpretation and he himself combined pools. So nobody is houseruling. Nobody is breaking established rules.
>>
so this is probably a stupid question, but why hasn't anyone made a League of Legends/DOTA jump/gauntlet? I see we have SMITE, so it can't be that it's impossible, right?
pls no rule 1 I have no talent
>>
>>46407929
None of her feats look like anything remotely close to dimension hopping or soul fuckery.
>>
>>46407962
Brows, the one who's made Kill la Kill, Killer Instinct, Youtube, and a few others, is making League of Legends.

We just don't know the progress on it yet beyond a few perks.
>>
>>46407887
Nymph a shit.
>>
>>46407929
What about a sword of justice type thing? Instead of Shirou's compulsion to protect people, it'd manifest as a strong desire to give the really evil assholes what's coming to them? Kind of fits my Jumper anyway.
>>
>>46407973
She can teleport. This is referred to, both in her respect and the way the command seals can teleport servants, as a feat approaching that of Magic. Magic is just something that science cannot do currently no matter the time or resources it has and in the Nasuverse, teleportation is considered one such thing. She has also shown the ability to manipulate the Holy Grail to some extent, such as summoning a false Servant for herself and possibly even completing the ritual in an alternate way. That's one feat that's been referred to several times as close to magic and one feat where she is influencing at least 2 magics (The HGW used the 2nd and 3rd magics, so for her to manipulate it she needs to be able to at least effect them, though she cannot outright use the 2nd or 3rd magic).

>>46407999
Sounds good to me. Amuses me to think of you calling yourself a Sword of Reveangance though. Let her rip anon.
>>
>>46407962
Isn't there a DOTA jump in the WIP folder?
>>
>>46408026
>Sword of Reveangance
Ha! Can't believe I didn't think about that. Yeah, lets go with that one.
>>
>>46408028
It's been abandoned.

And considering this community's complex on touching stuff that's been abandoned even for a hilariously long time, you're prolly better off just not looking at it.
>>
>>46408026
Wouldn't say teleports are a very impressive thing, along with something that only works by hijacking things that aren't going to be present later on.
>>
File: Ugh, memes..jpg (54 KB, 700x546) Image search: [Google]
Ugh, memes..jpg
54 KB, 700x546
>>46408026
>>46408051
>Sword of Reveangance
>>
File: ASonthebed.png (251 KB, 591x435) Image search: [Google]
ASonthebed.png
251 KB, 591x435
>>46407973
Other than what >>46408026 said, Nasu's stated given enough time and resource she could construct a Bounded Field on par with a Reality Marble.

>>46407920
Wait, someone's working on Sburb?

>>46407864
FF9, FF14 kinda since the Materia from there lets you turn weapons into crystals and slot crystals into other weapons, FF13-2, RWBY, FMA's brand of alchemy and Iji.
>>
>>46408075
It's not about whether it's impressive or it's power level anon, that's simply what it is. You can dislike it all you want, but it doesn't change the facts. Her feats, even if you find them pathetic, are considered by Nasu pretty consistently too, to be close to the level of Magic.
>>
>>46408026
I thought the false servant thing was more of a loophole. Since the only requirements to summon a servant are to
A) Be connected to the Grail (Like all Servants)
B) Have Command Seals (Which she stole from her Master)
and
C) Be able to use magic, which she obviously can.
>>
>>46408101
Apparently, at least they mentioned starting it here,
>>46372377
and I mentioned wanting to help here.
>>46372753
>>
>>46408119
Mm, could be. The fact that she came out of it with a half baked Servant (Despite the fact that Kojiro was apparently mega badass, he drove off Heracles in the behind the scenes parts) seems to say that either her method was different and inferior to the normal way or that she being a Servant herself made it work less well.
>>
if someone's looking for an idea to base their Chain around, they should do it as if they were Donald Trump
>>
>>46408158
* Why did I say apparently? It's a thing that definitely happened.
>>46408172
No. Why?
>>
>>46408183
IRC shenanigans
>>
>>46407935
Thanks heaven, here's my build

98. Heaven's Lost Property
==========================
Background - Drop-in
Age - 15

Perks
- Unforgivable - 300
- Tools of Daedalus - 900
- On Angel's wings - 1100
- Hands of Icarus - 1200
- An Eerir Feeeling
- Person of Intrest - 1300

Drawbacks
- The Jumper In Synapse - 1000

Angeloid - Lilith
Speciality - Processing
Deficency - Combat
- RADAR - 100
- Medusa - 200
- Hacking Field - 400
- Aphrodiet - 600

There is one thing and one thing only that needs to be done in this universe, and that is remove Minos from power and free the Angelroids. The only issue with them is the fact that they want to be subservient, they want orders. I can work around that, their treatment just needs to be regulated.

Daedalus, while kind, is too weak to enforce these regulations, so I'll use my new understanding of Synapses technology to make a new model of Angelroid that can monitor her sisters treatment and protect them. I would suggest that she imprint onto Daedalus for some context to her decisions and restrict her from operating in the political sphere. 10 years, we'll come up with something.

>>46407992
Clearly not a DFC person.
You know she's a good girl Salvador, don't be mean.
;-;
Seriously, her character arc and Mikako are the only reason I got through this otherwise trash anime.
>>
>>46405392
You need a servant because they are the only ones who can interact with the grail. It's spiritual in nature and if you want to make a wish or destroy it you need a servant. In jump at least if you have some power that lets you punch ghosts I don't know maybe you could touch the thing... still wouldn't advise it if it were the 4th or 5th grail war... for plot reasons.
Honestly if you want to do the fighting yourself it's probably best to just grab a caster like the playable caster from fate extra. That takes Medea out of play and she really is the most dangerous servant to a jumper. She is the type who might actually learn your tricks by watching you... and trust me she will be watching you.
>>
>>46408192
Oh joy, what're the nerfbitches up to now.
>>
>>46408192
IRC Shenanigans for me saying apparently, or for that someone would ever want to base them off of Donald Trump?
>>
>>46408213
The former. They're secretly controlling your brain with their evil sneaky mind powers that they totally have. Next you'll say something about rabbits. Who knows what after that?
>>
>>46408169
It would be similar to how Evil Priest Guy can have Lancer as a Servant, as he fulfills all the same requirements.
>Once a master, always a master.
>Has spare Command Seals due to being in charge of the tournament and can take them away from people
>Has his own alternate way of obtaining mana to make up for his natural inability
>>
>>46408210
I don't know them, but I don't care for you slinging around buzzwords like you're on Tumblr either.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 48

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.