[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH General Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: Anowon, the Ruin Sage.jpg (51 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Anowon, the Ruin Sage.jpg
51 KB, 312x445
Get in her, Fag Lords.

We already did blue appreciation so lets run a
Black appreciation edition.

Why Black? Because black does everything. It may not do everything WELL, but it coherently is able to accomplish most feats, I find, and can cover the broadest spectrum of abilites.

tell me I'm wrong, Tell me I'm right, I don't care.

RESOURCES

http://www.mtgcommander.net
>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.

http://www.tappedout.net
>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh
>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.

http://www.edhrec.com/
>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.

http://manabasecrafter.com/
>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.

CARD SEARCHING

http://gatherer.com
>Official search site. Current for all sets but has a terrible UI.

http://www.magiccards.info
>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.

https://discord.gg/0q3dlAIlJs57Vv8v
>Get annoyed talking to other nerds
>>
>>46338090
First for mono black sucks balls
>>
Black can't destroy artifacts or enchantments

I'd argue black is one of the least versatile and most one dimensional colors, but it happens to specialize in really really powerful effects that no other color gets or no other color gets as affordable and efficiently

pay life draw cards is really strong, hand disruption is really strong, that's all black needs really to be a dominant force
>>
Anybody know why the gatherer no longer has any comments on cards printed after 2013 or so??
>>
>>46338090
I remember getting the starter deck with this fag when I first got into magic.

That mono-black vamp deck was strong as fuck for a starter deck, I always beat the shit out of my other friends when we played during lunch in high school.
>>
>>46338271
Because wizards broke the commenting and still hasn't fixed it.
>>
>>46338336

Typical
>>
>>46338215
I agree with you for the most part here, and yes its a matter of fact that mono black isn't useful at all for getting rid of enchantments and artifacts, but I'd have to disagree that mono black isn't the most versatile. I don't think black does everything entirely well. Its not exactly great at what it does, but it covers a lot of variety in doing so. I just find it most fun to play for that reason.
>>
File: Gate to Phyrexia.jpg (30 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
Gate to Phyrexia.jpg
30 KB, 226x311
>>46338215
>Black cant destroy artifacts
It has plenty of artifacts that can
>>
>>46338456
>colorless=/=black
>>
>>46338512
>This
>>
you are all disgusting
>>
>>46338741
Love you too bb
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 480x680
Anybody here got a wort the Raidmother deck?

I've brewed myself a sort of token storm list and I was wondering if I was missing any obvious choices or cards that have served you well

Here is list
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/up-to-no-good-1/
>>
>>46338215
>>46338438
I'd argue white might be more versatile. White does both offense and defence well, and can provide a lot of utility. White can shut down an opponent, exile them, gain life, set up a wall of weenies, or just thick walls. It's also got a lot of enchants and enchant removal, not to mention access to flying. We've even see it go into things like Sunlance and Call the Gatewatch. You could argue white gets no draw, but then there's Mentor, Wall of Omens, Mesa Enchantress, so forth.

Course I don't black is the least versatile either. But I can't decide whether that title should be given to green/red.
>>
How should I play a surrak deck \th\, counterspells and all my favorite red and green cards?
>>
>>46339044

Sounds about right

Don't forget some simic all stars like zegana
>>
>>46339132
I know about zegana, but I feel like I need a lot of board presence to not be hated off of it
>>
>>46339212

Not sure I understand your concern

Are you worried about drawing hate from your playgroup with zegana?
>>
I want to ruin EDH games, I've come to the conclusion that mono red is the best route. Scrambleverse, chaos warp, any other good stuff like this?
>>
>>46339281
My playgroup likes to get a lot out on the board and my biggest issue is them mizzix who just takes creatures. I'd like to take em out as FAST as possible (aka a lot of attacking) so that's my primary concern
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/29-03-16-the-harvest/

Can anyone help out with a scrub's first real EDH? It's pretty rough. I don't know what mix of threats, disruption and utility I should run. Also don't know my local meta yet.
>>
>>46339320
Warp world, confusion in the ranks, theives auction any kind of apocalypse effect.

Don't be suprised when your playgroup drags you out into the alley and breaks your fingers and knees.
>>
>>46339392
>Don't be suprised when your playgroup drags you out into the alley and breaks your fingers and knees
EDH players being violent is an oxymoron
>>
File: edh.png (297 KB, 561x400) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
297 KB, 561x400
Decks I've completed. Only started playing commander recently. Not quite sure what I want to do next. Might go back and revamp some of my modern brews.
>>
>>46339355

Still not sure I understand the issue, do you not want to play good creatures because they are likely to be stolen by the mizzix player?

Any way the reason I suggested her is that she's really strong with just your commander

Play her uncounterably and draw 7 cards

Because she's an etb creature, your opponents mind control effects are not as devastating because you already got the value

However she is somewhat vulnerable to clone effects like all etb creatures
>>
>>46339320
I have seen crucible of worlds + wasteland and strip mine cause table flipping. Good luck.
>>
>>46338215
Exactly, take red for example, at least in EDH is can partially supplement it's utter lack for enchantment hate for artifact destruction but exile is usually what you really want and that comes in short supply. I think B/R is hurt the most by the lack of ramp more then anything else. Idk why red never gets ramp as a allied color to green. Fuck green gets land destruction and draw and have bonuses stapled on every creature they could want. Meanwhile red is paying 9 mana to still do 8 damage to a single target. Once..
>>
>>46339552
Welcome to Maro's NWO
Green is the new blue
>>
>>46339552

Red has ritual mana, which can be quite strong in edh if your deck can utilize it well
>>
>>46339511

Crucible wasteland is fine, you have basics in most decks

Crucible strip mine is absolute horseshit and is one of the reasons i prefer the French banlist when playing 1v1 or 3 player edh
>>
>>46339387
>4.8 average CMC
You're probably running more fatties than you want. Middle-value creatures are good. sakura-tribe elder, fleshbag marauder, merciless executioner, reclaimation sage, eternal witness, wood elves are some decent examples

Konda doesn't do much for you

kalonian hydra is decent but frankly not that synergistic with your deck

you don't actually appear to have any sac outlets(greater good and highmarket, perhaps), so butcher of malakir and dictate of erebos are currently doing fuckall for you.

sandsteppe mastadon is underwhelming, even with your slight +1/+1 counter theme

sigarda seems superfluous, as you don't care if your creatures die.

perhaps some land ramp spells like cultivate, kodama's reach, explosive vegetation...

terastodon is a nice, cheap option, not to mention his lil, admittedly more expensive, brother, woodfall primus

plea for guidance is underwhelming when you run 5 enchantments, some of them not even good enchantments. citadel siege is meh.

Focus your deck more. If you want to ramp and play/reanimate big creatures, go for it. If you want to self-mill, go for it. If you want to be sac heavy, go for that. Damn, if you want a +1/+1 counter deck, make it. But make sure you are actually devoting enough cards to make the synergies work, otherwise your deck will be inconsistent and overall ineffective.
>>
File: Invulnerability.gif (2 MB, 250x334) Image search: [Google]
Invulnerability.gif
2 MB, 250x334
Two questions:

>What are good flyers for Gruul moderately aggro? It seems that most flyers available in R/G are big, expensive dragons that usually suck or cost RRR+.

>If my opponent has Experiement Kraj, Glen Elendra Archmage, and Morphling making an annoying blocker/counterspell machine that cannot be removed. What are some good creatures to wipe the board outside of Ashling, Elesh Norn, and Constellation Giant?
>>
>>46339773
Thank you for the detailed response. I'll take out some of the enchantments, work on the curve (with an eye towards removing excess beef and adding utility) and add some more self-mill.
>>
>>46339739
I kind of find the french banlist to be a little heavy handed in some cases. Like vampric tutor and sol ring. Pretty much any deck can run sol ring, I know some people feel like the first person to drop it always wins, but I haven't found that to be the case in my experience.
>>
>>46339676
True and I use it but often ritual mana while bright and shiny is unfortunately usually just that- usually meaning a limited investment dependent on timing and also taking up a card slot.
>>
>>46338090
>black

EDH general help me out here.

Shadowborn Apostle deck. Shirei would probably be the commander, right? Or would Teysa, Orzhov Scion be better? I'm looking for a fun, more moderate power level deck to play in what our LGS calls "Fellowships", where each pod of players gets a single vote for whatever deck they liked playing against per round, and you can't vote for yourself.

Shadowborn Apostles might be a fun political deck too, bringing out demons that help opponents in some way, to get them off your back.
>>
>>46339626
It's frustrating, but alas it's the times. When red gets a little overhaul I'll be excited but I'm pretty cynical about design nowadays. I think red getting rare or uncommon splashes of ramp is balanced and in color but wtf do I know. Seems like burn only gets worse and there is hardly a green fatty that can't be expected to rail me to the value train.
>>
>>46339882
Teysa and Thrumming Stone.
>>
>>46339808

Crater hellion is a pretty solid creature based board wipe
>>
>>46339985
They've been trying new things with red but I still think they're being too conservative with it. Red has such a narrow slice of the pie it loses out on a lot of the game.
>>
>>46340138
dragons and goblins can only carry a faction so far. They also need to start making bolt variants again.
>>
>>46339808

Ryusei is decent as a creature based board wipe, goes well with greater good
>>
>>46340138
>>46340275

Agree on both fronts. Goblins are utterly nuts though, Kranko doesn't take shit from anyone, but mono red dragons I have noticed have in the last 4 or so sets been primarily garbage or overcosted 4/4's with a bolt pasted on. I could feel the card designers sighing as they pasted it on.

'New' keywords like mence are a great start or at least being a little more daring in what they are given.
>>
>>46339808
Atarka makes for a nice Gruul aggro-flyer, if high-end of your mana curve. Alternatively, Hellkite Hatchling, if you have things you can pitch to it.
>>
>>46339808
Not sure why you want flyers when tramplers can get the job done, but that's just a Xenagos player speaking. Balefire dragon and Tyrant's familiar offer some removal. Hellkite charger can get absurd with the right support . Hellkite tyrant is pretty funny too in the right group.
>>
>>46340415
I would be nice to see something around 2 casting cost, that did something like 3 damage to player or creature, or destroy an artifact a player controls and deal 4 to player or creature(maybe more than 4?). Conditional bolts that do more damage based on situation or have additional effects could make red more toolboxy without fucking its color pie.

But that text box would be a little too big for what they're going for these days.
>>
Do you guys think Ayli or Karlov is the better lifegain general? Ayli feels like she would be better since she requires a lot less lifegain dedication as she gains life herself and also reaches a point where she no longer really needs to do it pretty quickly. But she mechanically feels to me like her ceiling is lower than Karlov's who can get out of hand if you build around his synergy with a good hand very quickly and much more dangerously than Ayli.

Ayli topped once in a duel tournament but the deck didn't look like I thought it would. I kind of thought Ayli would play the infinite toughness cleric lifegain combo but it didn't.
>>
>>46340615
I think Ayli wants to play the longer game than Karlov. Karlov either explodes onto the board and two-shots people or fizzles out after going halfway. Ayli's ability to ruin non-creature combo pieces lets play a bit grindier, I think, which makes her a bit more stable than Voltron Karlov.
>>
>>46338512
There are artifacts that have color identity (not talking about the recent eldrazi)
>>
>>46338090
-can't destroy artifacts
-can't destroy enchantments
seriously?
>>
>>46339042
Yep I too think white is better in versatility than black but I personally think that black isnt the least versatile either
>>
>>46340615

Karlov seems like he is much better at translating lifegain into victory

He only exiles creatures as opposed to ayli's nonland permanents, but her abilities require both sac fodder and to be at 50 life always, which seems like an issue to me because you wanna be payin just as much life as you're gaining in orzhov
>>
>>46340415
The only solace red players have is that red only comes in two varieties, complete garbage or obscenely busted
>>
>>46340775
I know this, but again

Colorless=/=black
>>
What's the point of playing non-voltron commanders that don't pass the Jace Test?
>>
>>46338336
Criticism is scary, and an informed consumer is better with their money.
>>
>>46341046

What's the Jace test?
>>
>>46341152
"Does it generate value, even if it gets bounced to your hand before your next turn (i.e. from JtMS)?"
>>
>>46340974
Red needs a huge overhaul, without a doubt. In addition what is needs, something I would like to see is more random effects with only positive benefits. Like a modal spell that you roll a die or flip a coin to figure out what happens. Maybe you could kick them to be able to pick. Or entwine to get both. Regardless, as long as they keep both modes beneficial for the caster it would be fair.
Like maybe 3RR to either destroy a target land or bolt a player/creature.
>>
>>46341370

Well since commanders have built in recursion, people can recast a commander that needs to stick around to generate value

Some of the very best generals, considered "top tier" don't pass the jace test, the potential is so high that it's worth the risk in the case of some generals like arcum dagson and Tasigur and zur the enchanted

Now you might argue that with delve, Tasigur can be played and activated all at once but I think he's only a truly powerful commander when he sticks for a turn cycle or two
>>
>>46339849
Have you ever played 1v1 when someone had a Sol Ring and you didn't? Say what you will about multiplayer, but in duels it is pretty obvious why it's banned.
>>
>>46341708

>Playing 3v3
>2 of the other team's players get turn 1 sol rings

It ended predictably.
>>
>>46341387
Red just needs Lightning Bolt to be standard eternally.
>>
>>46339808
Obliterate.
>>
>>46341730

Lightning bolt is pretty busted desu, red needs non lightning bolt cards to be good
>>
>>46339808
Thundermaw Hellkite and Stormbreath Dragon are both pretty good.
>>
File: Frantic Durdle.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Frantic Durdle.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
Alright /edh/, in BUG what is the objectively the most efficient way to work towards threshold?
>>
>>46341987

Breakthrough
Attunement
Glimpse the unthinkable
>>
>>46342046
>Glimpse the unthinkable
>Breakthrough
I'm trying to get threshold, not throw the game, but then again, I was asking for the most efficient.

>Attunement
Now this is new. I like it. Thanks
>>
>>46341987
Just mill yourself, nerd.

Glimpse the Unthinkable, Fetchland + Tome Scour, ramp into Traumatize, run looters, etc.
>>
>>46341730
True
>>46341874
Also true.

Red shouldn't get nerfed for other colors, other colors should learn to deal with a piddly 3 damage.
>>
>>46342098
Glimpsing yourself isn't throwing the game at all. What kind of retard runs a threshhold deck that isn't filled with all kinds of graveyard interaction?

I usually Traumatize myself, since it's like having half my library in my hand.
>>
>>46341730
Lightning Bolt is best described as 'turn target creature with three or less toughness into a sorcery' in all formats it's involved in. A small creature's ETB effect needs to be so good that you would cast a sorcery for the same cost to achieve the same effect.

That does not make for an interesting format. That just creates a format where all creatures start being considered creatures the moment that they're 4 toughness or higher.
>>
>>46342133

Breakthrough is more the card he was worried about I think, and indeed breakthrough is really dangerous and requires more draw support and graveyard abuse to work
>>
>>46341919
Idk if I said block or set but I agree both are very solid but are more the exception of late. Even things like hoarding and smelting dragon would also be cool imo.

But put those next to something like terastadon or craterhoof or prime time and you can see the disparity.

Want to know a cool innovative red card? Look at my friend stigma lasher from Eveningtide
>>
>>46342098

Yeah Attunement is a really strong card that seems underplayed in edh from what I've seen

Imagine a sorcery draw 3 discard 4 that's only 3 mana with buyback, basically what it does
>>
>>46342106
>>46342133
I play combo and don't want my pieces to be that vulnerable to folding from a tormod's crypt. I just want threshold to enable Krosan Restorer or Farwanderings. I run one Riftsweeper to keep me a bit safe, but I just want to not enable too much risk
>>
>>46342153
So, Legacy, Vintage, Modern and EDH aren't interesting formats. I see.
>>
File: 1459055231162.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
1459055231162.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>46342230
>I don't want my combo pieces to be vulnerable
>I only run threshhold for two incredible vulnerable combo pieces
>>
>>46342153
Yet I can't imagine what doom blade terminate vindicate or go for the throat would do then to a standard format?
>>
>>46342275
It's the difference between losing one combo piece and lose every combo piece. One of these is a lot easier to come back from
>>
I really like the newish red card commune with lava, it's done really well for me in combo decks that go off mostly all in one turn, which feels very red to boot

That seems like a nice addition to red's color slice, no?
>>
>>46342279

The would be staples, but 2 mana is very different from 1 mana anyway
>>
>>46338090
While i love me some mono-black, we do have that pesky problem of dealing with artifacts and enchantments in EDH especially. That being said, Karn, Ugin, and Nev Disk/Perilous Vault easily pick up the slack.
>>
>>46342153
>a game called Magic can't have effective lightning spells, or any other sort of direct player interaction
>making creatures made of mana should be the only viable tactic for ANY mage
>most effective strategies in a Wizard duel are a few ordinary creatures fighting other ordinary creatures.
Fuck this NWO creatures matter garbage. If you don't want boltable creatures, either make a ton of throwaway tokens, or make them huge. I've seen street fights with more mysticism and flash than this 2/2 vs 2/2 dreamland Wizards is pushing.
>>
File: Commanders.png (752 KB, 1402x579) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.png
752 KB, 1402x579
>>46338090
post em, r8 em, h8 em
>>
>>46342339
Is it if I invalidate a creature regardless of toughness at instant speed one turn later?
>>
>>46342189
You asked for good Gruul flyers that don't cost a million mana, those are good aggressive flying beatsticks.

You want splashier game winning effects, you'll have to pay more for them.
>>
>>46342240
How many otherwise interesting creatures with cool interactions are unplayable due to the bolt test in the non-EDH formats you mentioned?
>>
>>46342495
Think you have some anon's gruul wish list confused with my post about general red creatures being lack luster? Also was sharing stimga cause he's a cool little bit of tech I thought people would like that shows red can do fun things
>>
>>46342311
The exile to cast effect is a step in the right direction, red still needs more though.
>>
>>46342495
Ah shit twas I who fucked up on my original reply. For shame. Here. More red tech.
Final fortune - make all your friends REEE
>>
So, with Innistrad making its return, I'm wanting to brew a werewolf/ wolf tribal, using Ruric Thar as my commander. What are some good R/G cards that would punish/restrict my opponents for playing anything other then creatures, or more then 2 spells each turn? Thanks in advance for any pointers!
>>
>>46342563
Check the post I was replying to.
>>
>>46338090
Whoa, what is that flavour text? That's ancient grudge level
>>
>>46342626
in addition to this, can I have some hardcore anti-blue hate? My meta...
>>
>>46342615
I really want to make a deck using Final Fortune and Seedtime at some point.
>>
>>46342439
Is kaevek a Rackdos Control? I've been thinking about making Mogus control deck and want to know how he fairs
>>
>>46342430
You've got to understand how design space becomes limited if the only creatures with 3 or less toughness that you're allowed to play are the ones that are just tiny bodies tacked on to strong ETBs.
>>
>>46342626
Red has boil and various anti blue counterspells. Green has choke and some other boil effects if you want to pay the $ for them (one of them is from legends I think) you also have guttural response, stranglehold and vexing shusher. Eidolon of the great revel or pyrostatic pillar can help against combo but red or green doesn't get much help in that department.
>>
>>46342734
I used to play Rakdos Control (Olivia Voldaren), but it has gradually become more midrangy because I had difficulty making control work without enchantment destruction or counterspells.
>>
File: banisher priest.png (960 KB, 882x1239) Image search: [Google]
banisher priest.png
960 KB, 882x1239
If my opponent had a card put into exile from something like banisher priest, could I use an ability of say Oracle of Dust to put that card in the graveyard, or would it be considered a different exile pile?
>>
>>46342734
I play Kaervek as just all the group slug cards i can. Manabarbs, everlasting torment, oppression, all the damage doublers, and my favorite card in the deck, possibility storm. I also run a light infect package in case I can pull something off.
>>
>>46342938
You can do that. The only thing that changes is that the Banisher Priest won't return anything when it leaves the battlefield.
>>
>>46342734
>>46342862
For Rakdos control you just run mass discard so everyone is stuck in top deck mode.
>>
>>46342543

Because people know how to run counterspells and aren't fucking retarded.
>>
>>46342976
That works for me. I'm using it for a semi-flicker/control deck. Just needed to know if the abilities would work that way
>>
>>46342752

You want creatures to matter? Bolt is the best metric to use.

Does it provide value immediately? If not, it's vulnerable to removal like Bolt, Doom Blade, PtE, ettc. It's also vulnerable to sorcery speed board wipes. You gonna whine about how Wrath of God limits design space? Wrath of God makes non-hasty creatures sorceries too.

Does it provide protection if there's no value? Regeneration, Indestructible, Protection, Hexproof, Shroud, inherent blink all help out. Stuff like Ravenous Baloth work here too, since no one in their right mind would waste a killspell on him.

If not, does it got a big ol booty? Leatherback Baloth got a booty, same with Tarmogoyf. Kind of useless in EDH, but they're options. Tarmo getting to 8/9 isn't unheard of.

Also dude in a format like this, if a creature doesn't have any of the above, it's fucking useless. You have thousands of cards to slim down to 100. No one has room for Trained Armodon, but they do for Eternal Witness.

Bolt kinda sucks in EDH though. You're gonna see more board wipes than just single bolts
>>
Black/Green master race reporting in.
>>
>>46343095
>comparing wrath of god to lightning bolt
You really think a 1-mana instant can be compared to a 4-mana sorcery?

Also, more creatures are allowed to matter once you remove the bolt test, which increases the diversity of a format.
>>
>>46342487

It always makes a difference

1 turn later doesn't seem that bad, true

But you have to also think that turn could've been spent doing another 1 drop plus bolt, etc

Being able to cast multiple spells or 1 spell and then leave up instant speed removal is very valuable and much easier to do with 1 mana spells than 2 mana
>>
>>46343249
Standard is literally the only format WITHOUT Bolt and it's shit. Modern, Legacy, Vintage and EDH are all infinitely more fun than "Creatures : The Tappening".
>>
>>46343359
You're really going to put the success of those four formats entirely on one toxic card?
>>
>>46343405
>toxic

Fuck off. You're doing the opposite; apparently Standard is the only good format because it doesn't have to "play around" Bolt. There are SO many ways to deal with bolt, and yet apparently that's not possible and bolt is so oppressive that it's format-warping.

Look at the top modern decks and tell me how many run lightning bolt. You'll be surprised.
>>
has anybody here tried EDH with sideboards?

i think it would be cool to play with wishes
>>
>>46343525
It's shit.
>>
>>46343525
>whole point of the format is to be limited to precisely 100 cards, so you're forced to pick between Swiss Army Knife or Synergy
>let's add a sideboard to completely defeat the purpose of the format by putting 10 "in event of being outplayed, break glass" cards in that you can grab with a wish
>>
>>46343525
I mean I have a side board in case I ever wanna swap out cards before the match, but I never use it for wishes and shit

pus don't the people behind edh encourage house rules? and isn't a sideboard a thing they encourage?
>>
>>46343747
Sideboards aren't usually encouraged because they aren't tournament legal for EDH (kind of backwards compared to other formats). You can do whatever dumb houserule shit you want but most people will tend to err closer to the side of official rulings and banlists.
>>
>>46343747
>>46343607
>>46343763
Wait so how do people use wishes in edh? I always thought tournaments have a sideboard but in EDH whatever goes
>"I'm going to wish for uhhhhh... Hey Dave, can I borrow an Emerakul for a sec?"
>"I'm using her right now, Anon!"
>"Yeah I know, but I need her too, just let me win and I'll give her back"
>>
>>46343810
They don't.

If it's a super casual playgroup, they use a Wish and literally crack anything out of their entire home collection. If your group agrees on sideboards, then they're limited to the sideboard. If you play French/tournament style rulings, you don't use Wishes at all.
>>
>>46343810
I just never saw the point in using wishes. You have literally 99 cards of free space available to you. If you can't somehow fit in a few good module cards like any of the Commands/Charms, or the plethora of tutors/tutor creatures/tutor artifacts, then you're retarded.
>>
All this talk of using sideboards is rather silly. Although I did have a friend who suggested our playgroup be able to use non C14 planeswalkers as commanders but the idea got shot down almost instantly, he constantly bitched about it but I explained to him how some planeswalkers as a commander would be considered "overpowered" for our playgroup. later on I found out he made a sarkhan unbroken edh deck when I wasn't there and got destroyed game after game so he doesn't bring it up anymore
>>
>>46339320
My playgroup and I casually run Warp Worlds. It's a great tool when you're behind and want to 'reset' the board. We also run things like Bearer of the Heavens or The Great Aurora and they've helped overturn quite a few situations.
>>
>>46339440
Well they will oversalt your fries
>>
>>46343810
basically what>>46343859 said. I'm unable to find it right now but I remember reading somewhere for EDH that if you pull an illegal card from a collection/sideboard you essentially auto forfeit, or something along those lines.

So with the interaction that >>46343810 said if you pull Emrakrul out using wish or spawnsire, or any banned card in the format you are playing, then your just saying "I can't beat you by using the rules of the format I'm playing"

also when it comes to sanctioned events, or as long as your friends/playgroup aren't dickheads they should only be pulling from their sideboard, not their collection of cards they brought with them. Just don't abuse the sideboard and I'm perfectly fine if most people have them.
>>
>>46344022
There's a guy at my table that does nothing but run "game ruining" effects like that, and most people hate him.

I can see both sides of it. It's no fun to watch someone masturbate out ten combo pieces and lock down the board, so having someone drop a nuke on the fucking table and wipe that shit is satisfying.

But it's also annoying as fuck if all someone does is drop a nuke on the table every few turns and prevent literally anything from sticking, and it's impossible to establish any kind of reasonable board state.
>>
File: commanders.png (694 KB, 1125x364) Image search: [Google]
commanders.png
694 KB, 1125x364
>>46342439
Probably ditching my daxos deck for some other Bx commander
>>
>>46344105
>But it's also annoying as fuck if all someone does is drop a nuke on the table every few turns and prevent literally anything from sticking, and it's impossible to establish any kind of reasonable board state.
Didn't you know? That's how EDH is meant to be played. If a non-land permanent survives a pass around the table, you're clearly not running enough answers.
>>
>>46344145
You need to experience the power of GRIXIS
>>
>>46344274
not gonna lie, sedris has been calling my name but everyone complains that all of my decks are blue and ghave kinda fits the graveyard shenanigans niche
>>
>>46344281
Sedris is fun as fuck. Almost every Grixis leader is.

If they whine about blue, then you can also go Jund. Sek'kuar and Shattergang Brothers are both fucking hilarious.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 223x310
How should I build kaervak the merciless? Black/red stax? Things like sulfuric vortex, erebos, and painful quandary? Basically make their life hell if they do anything
>>
>>46344105
Well these effects used to be frowned upon as well, but then someone tried to run a Warp World and it turned out to be beneficial for them AND entertaining to the rest of the group, so everyone was happy. I agree that a deck that solely runs these kinds of effects would be a pain in the ass though. These are meant as supplemental answers, not a part of a full annoyrchetype.
>>
File: 270.jpg (81 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
270.jpg
81 KB, 312x445
So, /edhg/, I'm putting together a list for this guy, and none of EDHrec or anywhere else I'm looking says anything about a way to bounce Hazezon back to your hand.

It seems pretty obvious that doing this before the tokens arrive is smart, as it lets you recast him for cheap and keeps your tokens from wiping.

Am I wrong and it's a stupid idea?
>>
>>46344566
Temur Sabertooth, combo machine
>>
>>46339034
Krenko for starters.
>>
>>46344676
Exactly! I've got that on my list, and a few flash bouncers.
>>
>>46339034
Dualcaster, Pyromancers Goggles, gutteral response, zada, hedron grinder.
>>
>>46344566
If you're looking for bounce/flicker mechanics that are white, consider eldrazi displacer
>>
>>46344444
Grafted Exoskeleton, any death touch equipment, bunch of artifact ramp. Stax sounds about right. I just filled mine with a whole bunch of really spiteful cards.
>>
H-how many EDH decks did you build, /edhg/? I-is there such a thing as too many?
I'm at 12... and still have ideas for three more
>>
File: dubwub.gif (748 KB, 380x280) Image search: [Google]
dubwub.gif
748 KB, 380x280
>>46344444

My friend used Heretics Punishment in his Karevek along with Draco and Haunted Crossroads. It was painful.
>>
>>46344822

I have 12 as well, and I have the essence of another ready to go with ideas for at least 3 more.

It's rough.
>>
File: MTG Commanders.png (2 MB, 1325x1271) Image search: [Google]
MTG Commanders.png
2 MB, 1325x1271
>>46344822
I just took apart 3 today, otherwise I would've beat you anon I took them apart to build a few better decks

you have to many when you start hitting double digits personally, cause thats 1000+ pieces of cardboard that are sleeved, some double sleeved depending on who you are, and on top of that deck boxes for most if not all of them
>>
>>46344145
>Cancer, cancer, cancer, meme, acceptable
>acceptable deck is being taken apart
>>
File: EDHnow2.jpg (1 MB, 2704x600) Image search: [Google]
EDHnow2.jpg
1 MB, 2704x600
>>46342439
To the anon who was asking for my Selvala deck from last thread, here it is. I'm using group hug cards to mana and card ramp as well to draw away agro. Main wincons are lifegain or token accumulation.

If all else fails, kill every player with ramp via Hurricane or Squall Line.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/concord-world/

Criticisms are welcome for it too.
>>
Friendly reminder that EDH without French rules is a meme format.
>>
>>46344738
Flicker lets his ability trigger twice, but still leaves him vulnerable on the board.

Single target removal spell kills all your tokens.
>>
>>46344976
>French rules
What's that?
>>
>>46344356

Can confirm that SekHuar is fun, especially when he's heralding the Ratpocalypse.
>>
>>46344852
For you.
>>
>>46340615
Karlov gets out of hand insanely fast. And even small, incremental life gain translates into a lot of damage.
>>
>>46345053

- 55 minute time limit for matches
- Best of three
- No sideboards
- This http://www.duelcommander.com/banlist/ banlist (some generals are banned, and most prominently, Sol Ring is banned)
>>
>>46345053
Basically EDH with no tucking, 30 starting life in 1v1 and a sane banlist.
>>
>>46345256
Actually they added the "no tucking" rule to regular EDH as well.

>If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead.

>This is a replacement effect. It applies last and may apply multiple times to an event.

>The creature never goes to the original destination zone and will not trigger abilities that trigger based on going there (e.g. "dies" triggers).
>>
>>46345256
>>46345279

Yeah, it's kind of retarded. The only way to tuck someone now is to Mindslaver/Sorin/Worst Fears them and make the decision to tuck the card.
>>
>>46345303

>Not just exiling them
>>
File: Commanders.jpg (383 KB, 1779x844) Image search: [Google]
Commanders.jpg
383 KB, 1779x844
>>46342439
Still working on Patron of the Orochi, though it does have a playable shell now.
>>
>>46344822
I got 1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
Four color generals WHEN
>>
>>46345303
Delete your post, the RC might read this and decide to nerf it.
>>
>>46345359
Never because Maro hates nice things.
>>
File: 1415282520272.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1415282520272.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>46345329
>Eighty as voltron
>>
How much removal do you lads run?

I was looking at 6 spot, 4 board clear.
>>
>>46344987

You can also use sac outlets and food chain etc to avoid having him in play at the same time as the tokens
>>
>>46345491

In my green white deck I run 11 spot removal cards and 6 mass removal effects, heavier on artifact and encamhantment removal than creature removal

In my mono blue deck I run 5 spot removal cards and 5 mass removal cards, which is a bit less, but I supplement it with 10 counterspell cards and end up with a similar number of answers
>>
>>46345578
True, though then you suffer the commander tax for recasting him.
>>
>>46345708

Shouldn't be a problem when you're making a million tokens, it's quite easy to turn them into mana

However, bouncing is good too

Check out the card erratic portal

Also Cloudstone curio can work, not with the tokens themselves, but combined with a whitemane lion or stonecloaker for reusable bounce
>>
File: 1459319821889.png (99 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1459319821889.png
99 KB, 720x1280
>FLGS makes a rule against infinite combos for EDH play
>"Infinite combos are banned, so we're capping all recursable effects at 3"
>everyone just uses it to take three fucking turns, which is equivalent to going infinite and winning automatically anyways
>all of my janky silly infinites that don't even win the game are banned
>>
File: zozu.jpg (81 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
zozu.jpg
81 KB, 480x680
So i wanted to try out zu-zo because i'm tired of my playgroup's ramp decks, this is what I've come up with so far and any possible suggestions to just make it more hate/tax worthy?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/feelthebern-1/
>>
>>46346132
soon
>noncreature spells are banned

and then
>creature abilities are banned
>>
>>46345391
As it says in the picture. It's a silly deck meant for stupid interactions. Eight is perfect for that shit, nothing feels better than slamming a palisade giant down and using it as a really janky fog.
>>
>>46342626
Ok, werewolf tribal guy here again. I'm thinking I'll need to add another color to help control/manage other players from spamming spells and weakening my wolves. What would be a better choice for limiting spell spamming/ increasing mana costs of non creature spells? RGW or RGU?
>>
File: Da Rules.jpg (48 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Da Rules.jpg
48 KB, 312x445
>>46346790
You tell me.
>>
File: Image.jpg (32 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
32 KB, 223x310
>>46346845
he asks for advice on choosing white or blue
and of all the cards white has that limit spell spamming, you choose that? seriously?
>>
File: Darth Maul.jpg (117 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Darth Maul.jpg
117 KB, 960x960
>>46346953
My General is Darth Maul. Your argument is invalid.
>>
>>46346790
Blue is always better. White has more character.

I'm impressed when I see a good Naya deck. But if its Temur, its just another valuefest.

And I say that as someone who loves the shit out of RGU
>>
>>46344852
that's perfect, I gotta do this now
>>
I wanna make a GR deck based on Invasion-block, was thinking of a kavu/Wurm tribal straight out of Yavimaya. Thoughts on other themes and a possible commander?

It doesn't have to be good, just >fun
>>
File: frankie-peanuts.jpg (86 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
frankie-peanuts.jpg
86 KB, 480x680
currently crafting a frankie peanuts deck, could use some card recs
>>
Repost from last thread, would someone kindly look at my Athreos deck and help me decide what I should put in the remaining slots?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/28-03-16-athreos/
Its janky but mainly ETB/LTB effects and clerics
>>
>>46348107
PUT IN ALL THE ELEPHANTS
GRAND ABOLISHER FOR LULZ
MAKE THE BEST "FUCK YOU" WHITE DECK EVER
>>
>>46348197
good ideas, could also use some cards I can abuse Frankies ability on
>>
>>46348137
plenty of good targets for reviliark in there

I prolly spelled that wrong. I can never remember the proper way.
>>
>>46348137
Also, falkenrath noble seems to fit with your theme.
>>
>>46340780
Destroying target player is the best artifact/ enchantment removal in the game.
>>
>>46348323
>>46348300
Thanks, I'll add those to the list
>>
>>46339882
Athreos is a cutie with Shadowborn
>>
>>46348498
I thought about going that route, but I couldn't cut enough cards to add 25-30 Apostles and a few good demons.
>>
>>46348548
Don't forget Blood Gift Demon and Master of the Feasts. I hear other players like drawing cards.
>>
>>46348548
Harvester of Souls
>>
http://generaldamagecontrol.com/generals-that-deserve-their-bad-reputation-update-03292016/

How much of this do you agree with?
>>
>>46338090
>Get in her
I'm trying ;__;

Going to a concert with her tonight
>>
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/everybody-hates-anafenza/
Looking to replace Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit and Archangel of Tithes with spicier hatebears. Any suggestions?
>>
>>46348666
Have fun and good luck, anon
>>
>>46348638
Definitely agree on Narset. She's just fucked and already kinda softbanned at our FLGS. Weird to see people hating on Marchesa, though. She's generally considered pretty underpowered in our group. I'm seeing way more hate for Jeleva when it comes to Grixis commanders. But I guess that's because she's the commander of the Stax deck to beat at our FLGS.
>>
File: MLUdJbj.jpg (157 KB, 890x1280) Image search: [Google]
MLUdJbj.jpg
157 KB, 890x1280
Showing some love for Ink-Eyes and rats.

One of the more fun decks that I have played.
>>
File: 1352751860824.png (17 KB, 305x289) Image search: [Google]
1352751860824.png
17 KB, 305x289
>>46348638
>mfw immediately thinking of that one guy who doesn't play a single fucking deck that's not on this list
I have no idea why Spikes decided to invade this format.
>>
>>46349243
>I have no idea why Spikes decided to invade this format.
they want to have fun too
and edh/draft are the only real formats. lets not kid ourselves.

and you cant exactly netdeck a draft deck.
>>
>>46344905
>stop liking what I don't like
ok
>>
>>46349315
He's right though. That anon's probably looking at >>46348638 this guy's list to pick a new one.
>>
>>46349433
Why is picking those generals so heinous? I've never seen anybody complain about my decks other than dumbasses on /tg/
>>
>>46349472
>Why is picking those generals so heinous?
because they are boring. This is a johnny format, get used to it.
>>
>>46349559
I enjoy them, and they lead to more interesting games than your average "johnny" gimmick deck.
>>
>>46349596
>I enjoy them
nobody else does. predictable decks make for boring games. In polite company you will rarely get people telling you your baby sucks but this isnt polite company.
your decks suck and you should feel bad.
>>
>>46349305
>edh
>real format

Let's not kid ourselves here. There's no pro tours, GPs or opens for EDH. French EDH is basically legacy highlander.
>>
>>46349629
>nobody else does
you're not in my playgroup, what gives you the authority to say this?
>>
Okay, EDH General, looking for some advice. Over here, some friends and I are meaning to set up a new EDH circle. Two of the players are new -- not totally sight-unseen new to magic, but inexperienced by any metric. The two experienced players (myself included) are helping them along, starting them out with loaning decks built to desired specifications. Pic related is what's more or less locked in at the table... and options for what to build myself. Because we're bringing new players into this, I'm really considering what I ought to do for the health of the table. I know I want a control/synergy deck, since Newb Voltron and Stonebrow will both be swinging as hard as they can already (not to mention that I'm not a fan of 'drop battlecruisers and glower waiting for an opening' at the best of times). Something interactive, a soft intro-to-paying-attention. I also don't want to exactly dupe any other player's color selection at the moment, particularly since we're starting out "with" one deck each, so my usual Sydri deck is a no-go. With the kid gloves on, Feldon Stax also seems like something I'll bring to the table later.

At first, I figured I'd brew Johira, but the more I tinkered with and examined my list, the more it seemed like a very one-note deck. Not a bad thing in abstract, but under the circumstances something I'd rather avoid. Yojimi, Who Bars The Way also sent me back to the drawing board, which is where I am now: Eight commanders I *think* I could get a fun, fitting, controlling, not TOO spike build out of, but no certainty which to experiment with next. I suppose I could brew lists for all of them, but I figured, why not get some advice?
>>
File: EDHWoes.jpg (487 KB, 948x1083) Image search: [Google]
EDHWoes.jpg
487 KB, 948x1083
>>46349662
forgot the damn pic.
>>
File: craterhoof.jpg (49 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
craterhoof.jpg
49 KB, 312x445
post cards that should be banned
>>
>>46349662
Jiorha is a one trick pony, and not a very fun or interesting one. I wouldn't not recommend her as an introduction to EDH for newer players.
>>
>>46349676
play pepe or geralf, people get really assblasted when you use Damia, Narset, Kaalia, or Niv-Mizzet
>>
>>46349687
y tho
>Activate Deathgrip
E Z P Z
>>
>>46349687
>LE EBIN MAYMAY :D :D :D
>>
>>46348638
This is a game of dueling wizards. The object is to "kill" your opponent(s). Don't be upset when you get diced after bringing your Sliver deck to a knife fight.
>>
>>46349702
I don't mind Kaalia. Zur has the same general effect but way more powerful IMO. You actually need to draw the right creatures for Kaalia to work.
>>
>>46344566

So the tokens will still drop even if he's not on the board to herald them in? How's that work (in case I ever need to explain it to my playgroup.)
>>
>>46349732
I personally don't mind any of those generals but I've seen so many people whine about them that's it's probably safer to steer clear
>>
>>46349629
I also enjoy them. Suck it.
>>
>>46339320
The best thing for a mono red commander deck, that makes the game not fun for anyone else, would be a trash can.
>>
>>46349739
his ability doesn't actually resolve until your next turn, if he's not on the battlefield the trigger still goes off but the part about the sand warriors being exiled when he leaves play no longer applies
>>
>>46348638
Someone's excessivley salty over Zur. I've seen him play pretty fun as a casual voltron choice, tutoring up auras to enchant his own face. At that, he's not nearly as strong as Bruna but he gets black... which contributes maybe two auras worth running
>>
>>46349732
Kallia is pretty one dimensional. The only real interaction is to kill kallia before she swings, which is fine for newer players but gets boring pretty quickly. Zur is just a gateway drug to the more degenerate side of EDH
>>
>>46348638
A lot of this just comes off as "I lost bad to [commander name] so I'll bitch about it"

Some of the points are valid but it just comes off as butthurt otherwise
>>
>>46345359
When your playgroup accepts the Nephilim as their new four-color overlords
>>
>>46349751
Out of curiosity, are there any commanders that your playgroup seems to reign hate upon, even though there's inarguably better commanders?

My playgroup really hates nekusar, Kaalia, and Gisela.

I don't think a nekusar player's ever actually won in our group, but it might be because they're always hated out. Personally, i don't hate nekusar. Very easy to shut down, because a lot of what that deck relies on are permanents, and it doesn't have access to green and white's permanent protection.
Kaalia is understandable but like I said, I'll hate out a zur deck before a kaalia one.
Gisela is in the same boat as nekusar in terms of rarely winning, but admittedly, the guy who plays her dumped so much money into it, and when he wins it's either from commander damage or a half-life damage effect, and it's always kind of sad to lose to that.

Personally though, i generally pull out my best deck if I see anything Abzan with graveyard interactions, or if I see Damia. Because fuck Damia.
>>
>>46349676
Gitgud monster, Muzzio or Geralf seems interesting.
Kaalia is reeeaally boring to play with and expensive. After 10 or 20 plays you'll probably be bored of her.
>>
>>46348638

I don't like complainers

I prefer to adapt rather than get salty

Also if you think something is unfair, it should be banned, the answer is not to get mad at people for playing a legal deck
>>
>>46349851
Then you missed the point of the article. It's exactly about listing reasons why people whine about certain generals and what to do to maybe make people more comfortable with the idea of you playing that general. But I wouldn't expect any of the social rejects on this board to even entertain the idea of just maybe trying to accommodate for once.
>>
>>46350092
>calls others social rejects
>cries about losing at a children's card game on an Indonesian stamp collector forum

You sure showed him!
>>
>>46349982

Nekusar is one of my favorite decks to pilot. i built it as a pure creature-less Grixis control deck with all focus around keeping Nekusar on the field and permanents that enhance his abilities such as forced fruition, Meishin the mind cage, teferis puzzle box, etc...

as Far as hating certain commanders in our playgroup, my brother plays Meloku, the Clouded Mirror which just gets ridiculous with roil elemental and patron of the moon
>>
File: edh.png (1 MB, 1251x518) Image search: [Google]
edh.png
1 MB, 1251x518
>>46342439
really casual group, the other players all play prebuilt decks with minor changes
>>
>>46348638
>two of my generals on the list
>a third I'm building around the exact theme it's bitching about (Child of Alara Wraths)
Oh well
>>
>>46350214
that article is retarded, do what you want
>>
>>46350183
Thank you for proving my point, I guess.
>>
>>46348638
>http://generaldamagecontrol.com/generals-that-deserve-their-bad-reputation-update-03292016/
>child of alara
opinion discarded
>>
what is your opinion on infinite mana combos? for douchebags only?

my friends play only aggro decks like BRgoblins and slivers
>>
>>46342439
can i see your erebos list?
>>
>>46350337
infinite combos are fine and what does that second thing have to do with the first
>>
>>46350266
Your right, magic should be a safe place for everyone to have fun equally.
>>
>>46350337
Do what what you will. There is no wrong way to play.
>>
>>46350379

they dont have any combos in their decks and win often purely by turning their guys sideways, i.e. no non-creature spells

I just dont like tribal I guess
>>
>>46350429
>I just dont like tribal I guess

Good, good...
>>
>>46350429
>I just dont like decks that take no forethought
GOOOD
>>
File: 1456967970365.jpg (133 KB, 600x624) Image search: [Google]
1456967970365.jpg
133 KB, 600x624
I like to stick things in my ass and pretend I am a ninja slut who is being raped by tentacles.

I also play exclusively UGx and rage about mass LD until the stores I play at ban it from EDH

Ask me anything
>>
>>46350429
you're going the right direction anon
>>
>>46350502

Mfw local pure goodstuff player makes tribal treefolk to have a causal deck and not get hated out and still plays stuff like plays deathrite shaman because 'your just bad if you don't play it in those colors'.

He's not wrong I guess
>>
>>46350337
IMO, there are four stages of EDH playgroups

> Aggro/Battlecruisers. Mash imaginary monsters into each other. Whine about anything that's not mashing monsters together. Needs to Git Gud.
> Now playing with Control. People build decks that do different things, run removal, and otherwise aim to interact outside the combat phase. Nice tier
> Nothing Is Sacred. LD/Discard/Combo Taboos break down like the load of salt and shit they are and people realize that the game is more fun when you mess with EVERYTHING and fight every step of the way. Good Times
> No Longer Bothering To Play. Not only have you figured out resource denial and infinite combos, you've forgotten why you sometimes shouldn't. People play EDH to have some fucking fun, which isn't going to happen when you bring solitaire to the table. Battlecruiser Magic and Creatures: The Tappening aren't much fun but when decks that are decently built at tiers 2 and 3 can't perform an action edgewise, you are become douchebag, destroyer of playgroups, and shouldn't be surprised when people take their cards, go home, and revert to being phase-1 troglodytes.

I'm all for having some way in your deck to go infinite and end the fricking game already, but leave it at that: if you're min-maxing the reliability of an infinite combo, you can break EDH pretty trivially. You'll win the game, but lose the meta.
>>
File: max level bullying.jpg (547 KB, 1866x1050) Image search: [Google]
max level bullying.jpg
547 KB, 1866x1050
>>46350636

>tfw Nothing is Sacred playgroup
>>
>>46350391
You've already proven my point. No reason to hammer it down even more.
>>
File: Jokulhaups.jpg (29 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
Jokulhaups.jpg
29 KB, 200x285
>>46350715
Same. Our only no-no is extra turns, because we feel it to be boring and masturbatory. Otherwise, Mindtwist, Armageddon, Smokestack, and infinite combos all see play.
>>
Anyone know the name of the Japanese mtg comic about the girl who players Slivers? I want to show it to my shitty Sliverfag friend.
>>
>>46350715
>>46350636
I like nothing is sacred but our playgroup doesnt play with cards that cost over 20 bucks and has banned sol ring and all the other t0/t1 rocks aside from the suspend one and lotus petal.

it really enforces the games to feel like edh not legacy/vintage.

my selvala deck went from consistantly killing on t3-t5 to killing on t5-t7.

EDH games shouldnt end on t3-4 that just doesnt feel right.
>>
>>46350785

Yeah I feel you on the extra turns. Stax is my jam, nothing better than dragging everyone else down into the mud and watching them flail around without all their fancy toys
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.