[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there an archive of /tg/ evogames I need insiration for worldbuilding.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Darwin Monkey.jpg (162 KB, 663x858) Image search: [Google]
Darwin Monkey.jpg
162 KB, 663x858
Is there an archive of /tg/ evogames I need insiration for worldbuilding. also /evogames/ general
>>
>>46298664
agreed. Evogames are the best thing /tg/ does.
>>
>>46298664
Maybe one day I'll try running one.
>>
Which evogame do you miss the most?
>>
How does one run one of these?

How can the genre be advanced?
>>
>>46302205
Well basically the general rules for all evogames is:
>here are your starter creatures
>modify them using paint or other drawing utility
with realisticness varying between games.
I've tried running an 'evogame' that is actually the evolution of cartoon characters.

That said, if you want to diversify evogames, try these variables:

>the world the evos live in
Planetary quirks might add rules to the evolutions. Maybe the planet is an oceanic one? Maybe a gas giant evo game? What about a gigantic trench that cuts continents? Maybe it's on the night side of a tidally locked planet? Or the twilight side? Be creative, and the players will make interesting and surprising evolutions from that.

>the nature of the evos
Sure, usually they're biological evolution - but what about non-biological evolution? Maybe they're junkyard, animatronic creatures? Maybe they're cartoon characters? Maybe they're magic-driven proto-elementals? Maybe they're lineages of people instead? Be careful, with non-biological evos the nature will change in unpredictable ways.

So yeah, that's two things I thought of that could be varied. But you could find others. Experiment!
>>
>>46298664
>>
>>46274522
>>
>>46306785
Swing and a miss
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Evolution_Games

From this page you can access most of them.
>>
There is one going on here:
>>46275898
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.