[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi folks. Inspired by the Epic 40k thread, I'm starting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1458532007470.jpg (202 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
1458532007470.jpg
202 KB, 700x1690
Hi folks. Inspired by the Epic 40k thread, I'm starting a homebrew to apply the awesome rules from epic onto normal 28mm games of all sizes.

Note that I've never really played epic, so I do need help from those with experience on how the rules should work in practice.

Here's a google doc. Make comments as you please. If I'm not around, feel free to make your own copy of the document and keep it going. I'll add the majority consensus to this master copy when I get to it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xeo_2bdw3EIKYS9gZAJJHPGjl22MzqcClo9V8fWNsnE/edit?usp=sharing

And the Epic rules:

http://www.tp.net-armageddon.org/tournament-pack/

Right now I'm working on turn sequence. More details in the google doc, but tldr we switch off like in chess instead of moving all units from one team and then all units from the other team.

Also, someone help come up with ideas on how to do the psychic phase with this.
>>
bump for life
>>
>>46248648
YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
>>
Both for bumps and progress: some ideas for psykers.

>generate psychic powers doesn't count as an action and happens when you pick a unit but before you give it an action

>witchfire powers count as shootan attacks

>other powers might count as shootan attacks

OR

>other powers get their own action that is declared from the psyker model(s) individually and doesn't count as an action unless the entire unit is a brotherhood doing the same action
>>
>>46249009
the latter
>>
>>46249064
Rule update. It does introduce a question: should shooting be done on a model-by-model basis still? Or unit-by-unit?
>>
>>46249237
model by model would be more immersive. unit by unit would be easier to crunch.
>>
>>46249254
We could do it as a size-based thing, so in an Apoc game with retarded amounts of infantry you can move a little quicker whereas the more skirmish-level stuff goes model by model.
>>
>>46249237
Unit by unit makes more sense to me, even in smaller games. I mean at small enough point levels you'd be better off playing regular 40k anyway.
>>
I do like the idea of making Apoc versions of Epic's line up for people who like the normal size, but I hope with the recent management change they bring Epic back as an alternative for people who have preference for the smaller sculpt and altered scaling
>>
You want to limit things to at most 40 models and maybe 2 tanks (this is with Guard as a baseline)

Make movement far reaching, make morale actually matter, suppressive blast markers limit actions/movement range/add penalties to shooting or something.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.