[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #752: Serious Series, Serious Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: TheBasics.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
TheBasics.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>46185641
>>
>>46200277
>Serious Series

I can't be the only one who potted him right?
>>
File: NazibatmanJLAxis.jpg (32 KB, 188x374) Image search: [Google]
NazibatmanJLAxis.jpg
32 KB, 188x374
Tell about your edgiest Alt-Form/Projection/Avatar.
>>
>>46200383
Nah. I'm fairly positive you're the only one who got him high and put him in a pot.
>>
File: bigfuckingarmmanwip2.png (1003 KB, 1200x1601) Image search: [Google]
bigfuckingarmmanwip2.png
1003 KB, 1200x1601
>>46200416
here it is.
>>
>>46200416
Combining Alucard's Embrace, the largest dragon size in LoS, the Nightmare form from Kirby, and the Angel form from Evangelion, I created a gigantic eldritch dragon with thousands of tentacles and eyes gazing down on my enemies.
>>
>>46200436
I think your usual form is also pretty edgy.
>>
>>46200436
thats the most retarded thing I've ever seen and I've seen a guy with downs syndrome raping a washing machine
>>
File: 1002507-o25.jpg (277 KB, 661x1022) Image search: [Google]
1002507-o25.jpg
277 KB, 661x1022
>>46200416
But anon, I'm always edgy.
>>
File: A man's romance.jpg (151 KB, 973x521) Image search: [Google]
A man's romance.jpg
151 KB, 973x521
>>46200575
>thats the most retarded thing I've ever seen
>>
>>46200569
yeah, I'm an anti-villain I'm going to be pretty edgy.
>>46200575
yeah I agree it's kind of ugly, I was going for power not aesthetics, this is my strongest form before I start using super modes as well.
>>
>>46200416
My Hellsing Vampire form.
>>
File: FFMafia-Angel-of-Death.jpg (69 KB, 800x546) Image search: [Google]
FFMafia-Angel-of-Death.jpg
69 KB, 800x546
>>46200416
Thanks to Skulduggery Pleasant, and an angel form, I can also go around as an angel of death. Basically the grim reaper, with wings.

There's the usual suspects too, of course, Kirby Nightmare Form, NGE Angel, Hellsing Vampire...
>>
>>46200416
I would say the True Form of my Thanatos when it's not shapeshifted into something vaguely human, but at this point it's more comical than edge. Spikes and tentacles stick out asymetrically, the thirteen different eyes are a shifting kaleidoscope of colors and one of the three mouths breathes pink smoke.
>>
>>46200649
It doesn't really look 'strong' either, more just really stupid and impractical. I have no idea how you'd fight at all as that ... thing. (And no, I don't need you to tell me.)
>>
I'm not that well versed in D&D, but I was trying to read up on Dragons, and it seems their ability to cast as a Sorcerer is tied to their age?
So does that mean if I'm a dragon in the FR jump, it'll be millenia before I can cast 20th level spells, and even longer for epic?

And also, Dragons can buy an actual class, right?
>>
>>46200982
Yes, dragon's Sorcerer casting levels are based on their age, so you will have to wait to mature to get stronger spells. That's assuming you buy a young age category, you can start as something older and get them immediately. And dragons can learn class levels, so you could be a dragon sorcerer and get even more magic.
>>
>>46200982
Dragons can buy classes, yeah. And if they take levels in sorcerer the casting stacks with their racial casting, so you don't have to wait for millenia.
>>
File: contemplative banchô-Anon.png (87 KB, 503x613) Image search: [Google]
contemplative banchô-Anon.png
87 KB, 503x613
>>46200891
slightly larger than a mountain

50 heads with powerful drills, all the powers of a beholder and brain ripping tentacles

100 hands with chainsaws and missiles for fingers

the arms of a southern war Princess

adaptability from Wuxia so I can use every martial art I know.

>>It doesn't really look 'strong' either

I can honestly say I cannot recall encountering a less intuitive opinion, could you explain your position to me?
>>
>>46200982
That depends, you can start as a full Great Wyrm. Or just wait to grow up, which takes 'only' something like 1200years, not multiple millenia for most dragons.

And yes, you can buy classes as normal with dragons. With pretty much any species in fact.
>>
>>46201052
>>46201083
>>46201099
Thanks.
>>
>>46201099
Waste of CP.
Just start as a Wyrm and set your age to the maximum for your age category, so you'll be a Great Wyrm within a year but save a few hundred CP.
>>
>>46201092
Not him but it looks like you would be getting in your own way while trying to move. Also chainsaw fingers? what are you thinking man?
>>
File: dan mcninja.jpg (24 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
dan mcninja.jpg
24 KB, 300x358
So, I'm looking for a way to set myself on fire, and walk around like that without constantly having to cast fire magic on myself.

My first thought went to Dr McNinja, but there's a clear lack of being-on-fire perks there.

Anyone have a good suggestion?
>>
>>46201207
Dnd fire elemental. Or dragons dogma archer.
>>
>>46201185
no, I've got the coordination to use what arms I need and move the others out of the way or target multiple things with different limbs , the Hekatonkheires part of this form came from the raid boss mode from this is in fact my final form. As for the chainsaw fingers I was thinking they'd cut better than a claw.
>>
>>46200416
This but with a fluffy tail.
That really depends on your opinion of 40K though. I don't take it that far
JUSTICE AND LIBERTY
>>
>>46201207
D&D magic - persistent Fire Shield.
>>
File: Truth.jpg (18 KB, 634x354) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
18 KB, 634x354
>>46200649
>>46201092
Not the same anon, but couldn't you this with an humanoid form? It really looks impractical, and you could use all of that by simply summoning it with various powers.

And no, it doesn't look strong or intimidating (at least it doesn't by high-enemy standards in the Chain). At that point, something strong is blowing a solar system without moving a muscle and shuddering off attacks that would destroy an universe without batting an eye. A small 6,2 feet humanoid doing that is what is truly intimidating.

Strength is not on the looks, but in the actual power.
>>
>>46201207
molten warrior from the Light of Terra Optional DLC - A Grand Day Out. Requires no energy to maintain and converts your entire body into eldritch fire, but the longer you use it the harder it is to turn back.
>>46201253
not everyone wanks as hard as you do ASA.
>>
>>46200891
>(And no, I don't need you to tell me.)
For what reason did you even respond then?
You know he's gonna waffle on about something uninteresting or uncomfortable, and most likely both
>>
>>46201288
>not everyone wanks as hard as you do ASA

Bitch you wank harder than anybody on this thread.
>>
File: truthgetsit.jpg (194 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
truthgetsit.jpg
194 KB, 1280x720
>>46201288
But Bancho, I'm not ASA.

Not yet.
>>
>>46201309
yeah I used to be pretty bad but I'm compensating in the other direction now.

>>46201336
>>46201311
nor are you one person apparently, you seemed to be mimicking his style though, sorry I misread that.
>>
File: Panic.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
Panic.gif
387 KB, 269x270
>>46201336
>7:17
>>46201311
>08:35

>Posting cooldown not expired
>>
Can we use thuum if we arent dragonborn?
>>
>>46201385
Yes. It's just a lot harder.
>>
Where is the jojo stand suppliment?
>>
>>46201207
Be a Fire [Something] Slayer in Fairy Tail.
>>
>>46201407
don't ask it's kind of a sore point
>>
>>46201407
Erased itself, tired of your bullshit.
>>
>>46201373
>>46201379
Believe it or not. It was me.

I updated a few times and didn't see my post uploaded, so I thought that I must had aborted without noticing and decided to post again.

>>46201379
Cooldown is one minute, you silly anon.
>>
>>46201407
Okay, you're definitely doing this on purpose, now. Why?
>>
>>46201407
Ok now I know you're trolling.
>>
>>46200982
Wouldn't your caster level get reset every time you made an age roll for a Jump?
>>
>>46201240
I'd rather not have it be an entire altform. Just a normal form set on fire.

...I'm not seeing any option to be on fire in Dragon's Dogma.

>>46201250
That works, I'd rather have a perk, but if a simple spell does the job...

>>46201408
Does that come with option to be constantly wreathed in flames?
>>
>>46201444
Ranger or archer or whatever it is called in dragons dogma has an ability that lights their entire body on fire.

They are not immune to fire.
>>
>>46201444
get the fire elemental form then use this is in fact my final form to keep its flames in your normal form, also generic fighting game has elemental mastery which will render you immune to normal fire, and give your melee attacks fire properties if memory serves.
>>
File: babby shoggoth.jpg (35 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
babby shoggoth.jpg
35 KB, 400x322
>>46200416
Are shoggoths edgy?
I honestly don't know.

I tend to be pretty friendly regardless of the form I'm in at the time, would that detract from the edge?
>>
>>46201439
Possibly, if you want to interpret it that way? The other interpretation is that your alt form isn't "Bronze Dragon" but "Great Wyrm Bronze Dragon", so your actual age doesn't matter and you keep any power you gained from aging.

If you're going with the first option i'd suggest jumping Narnia to control your age at-will, because dragons under a few centuries of age are kind of wimpy.
>>
>>46201468
Huh, okay. That sounds fun. And is perfectly fine, I'm already immune.

The question is, does that just stay on as long as I want, or do I need to keep renewing it?
>>
>>46201526
they are too gooey to be edgy I think ,also nice choice
>>
>>46201444
It is under magic archer and it is called immolation. You basically douse yourself in gasoline and light a match.
>>
>>46201526
You can still be edgy if you constantly complain about your sad past.
>>
>>46201538
Since it burns your HP I guess it would go as long as you are alive?
>>
>>46200416
Well, when i get my game face on I get a bunch of metal bits stuck through, because my Mistborn power set lets me make things more powerful through piercings evidently. Does that count?
>>
>>46201537
You'd have to actually pay the CR cost for the Great Wyrm, though. Most people who are dragons go hatchling.
>>
File: Skill_Magick_Archer_Immolation.gif (3 MB, 320x150) Image search: [Google]
Skill_Magick_Archer_Immolation.gif
3 MB, 320x150
>>46201555
>>46201538
>>
>>46201542
>>46201555
>>46201647
It's not mentioned in the jump, but I just looked it up.

Google say it has a 60-90 sec duration, so that doesn't work.

Looks pretty much like the exact thing I want through.

Anyhow, unless anyone has other suggestions, I guess I'll go with the D&D spell.

I am become the burning skellington.
>>
>>46201716
Make it into an autocast enchantment maybe?
>>
>>46201594
Well it depends.
Does your dragon form reset every time even if it's just an alt form?
Or do you count "years lived as a dragon" instead of in-jump age?
Do you actually gain power by artificially aging yourself?
Because a lot of D&D magic is knowledge and experience even for racial casting, but strictly by the rules just using something like Narnia Time means you can go from barely better than an apprentice to epic archmage (and back again).
>>
File: When They Cry Jump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
When They Cry Jump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
So, I started doing this. It's a pretty early draft and is still heavy WIP, but I think I have most stuff defined.

Any thoughts?

I think that everything is nerfed enough so it is still jumpable, and I'm still thinking what would do a good End Game Scenario.
Please don't hurt me.
>>
>>46201819
Oh, I saw the title and got excited for Higurashi. Well, Uminkeo's cool, too. I think you need to define just what it means to wield the Red and Blue Truths as weapons, though. That's one of those confusing metaphysical things that doesn't make much sense without context.
>>
>>46201741
Might be able to do something like that, yeah. Does mean I have to deal with exploding every minute or so...

Meanwhile, I looked over the Fire Shield spell from D&D...
>The color of the flames is determined randomly (50% chance of either color)—blue or green if the chill shield is cast, violet or blue if the warm shield is employed.

So... I am a blue burning skeleton for now...
>>
>>46201819
It's definitely missing a spark, although I imagine this is more a concept than the final work. Needs some more elaboration, especially on things like the Red and Blue Keys, how you use text as a weapon, and the like. You also need to clarify whether Red Keys are capable of conceptual annihilation. It absolutely needs Knox's rules as a drawback, possibly a mandatory one. A multiple personality disorder one as well. Maybe a perk based on Kinzo's one-in-a-quadrillion chance thing?
>>
>>46201819
It... Hm. It's good?

But it looks like someone just went and datamined the game for perks. It is all written from the Fantasy side standpoint, with no Mystery, and the general lack of flavour... It would be a shame, if a finished product was like that.

Not to mention, the ability to essentially return to any jump you desire...? Eeeeeeeeeh.

>>46201946
To be fair, there is a Knox drawback for Witches. But it being worth 300? Yup, a problem.
>>
>>46201819
Oh, one other thing. You absolutely, unquestionably need perks for how to create a good story. If you're going to run with the Witch's side/detective's side thing, you need a way for the witch to have the skills to actually win. Maybe one for being devious as a detective as well? Locking your own rooms, for example?

Also, if sides are meant everyone on a side, there should be more low-level perks like being an excellent servant.

Maybe drawbacks based on having really awful ideas (lunar hotels are the best investment!), having a crushing need to prove yourself even when it's counterproductive, or goals like having to make sure nobody dies or needing to inherit the family fortune?
>>
>>46202047
Oh, that'd be interesting. Choosing if you wanted to approach it from the fantasy side or the mystery side would be a fantastic way to handle its power level. It'd be so much more work for him, though...
>>
>>46201819
It's a pretty good start, but the Keys and Truths need a lot more clarification.

There's a lot of odd cutoffs too, and I'm halfway sure part of the Blue Key's description says the opposite of what it is intended to say.

My biggest issue is that there is almost no flavor, and the entire thing is written with the Fantasy side in mind. Making something that respects both would be a pain in the ass, so I can understand just picking one side, but it's still a bit eh. I'd take something like one of the Alice jumps, with Mystery Perks in the main body surrounded by Fantasy stuff, with the fantasy side effects of the Perks in the Notes section.

Still, the fact you're doing this at all makes you my own personal J.C.
>>
>>46202141
Even then, there's a lot of things that just aren't part of the fantasy side which ought to be. For example, the kids gaining magical martial arts when fighting the furniture, the Witch Side's anti-spiral like talent for knowing exactly when to snatch hope away, being able to create awesome conceptual duals like Virgilia and Beatrice's, and so on.
>>
>>46202119
It's the Au damned Umineko. At least eight full books worth of material. A tale specifically split into at least five sides to the conflict and at least four layers of meta narrative.

I earnestly, truly appreciate the effort, but there is no way an Umineko jump could be short and easy to understand.
>>
So I'm trying to decide which to do in the Late Showa Kamen Rider jump. Should I be Kamen Rider Black (paying the extra 200CP to get the Kingstone and replace Kotaro) and then buy Child of the Sun to be Black RX, or should I instead buy Kivat-bat the Second so I can be Dark Kiva? On the one hand, Black RX is a classic and I would love to have his suit. Plus then the power is part of me instead of administered by a separate entity that could betray me like he did King. On the other, Dark Kiva is pretty awesome, one of my favorite villain Rider designs, and taking him means I won't have to get rid of Kotaro Minami and his sweet-ass jacket. Thoughts?
>>
>>46201819
Right now I guess I feel like this doesn't have the heart of the original work, but I also get that there's such a huge amount of stuff that went into all of the games, all of the potential interpretations, the fact that the series was sort of a meta-commentary on detective works and how people react to them, the various side materials.... It seems like the thing you need most is clarification and notes on things like the weird nature of blue/red truths, anti-magic, etc. for how it is presented.
And while I've though personally about doing one, I wasn't really able to come up with any really good ideas for how to do it, because of the many-layered nature of the work. The only things I came up with were Drop-in being more the "Detective" route, like Erika, and Witch was based more on "Being able to make people believe in magic" than "Actually able to do magic".
>>
>>46200416
Prolly my memory stealing serpent Appetite Demon...or maybe my Life Stealing Djinn Equip, not quite sure. Sorry Anon.
>>
>>46202506
Same here, kinda. I was thinking about drop-in as the Erika/Willard path, then having Detective, Witch, and Piece as the other origins. Maybe one for Stake/Demon and for Inquisitor?
>>
>>46202841
There was going to just be one for Servant, to represent the various servant types and be more "You can assist your Master in their duties". But having multiple origins or something similar to cover the unique natures of each type of Servant/fantasy group would probably be better.
>>
>>46201819 Here.

So, I have noticed that the major complain is the lack of the mystery side of the VNs. The thing is that I don't really know what setting would do for it, and I don't think I have the capabilities to give it something like the LoT, and neither I think using Rokkenjima as a setting would satisfy anyone I might be wrong, but it would feel like a really cheap SI for me Although that is what JC is usually about.

And for more routes/origins, maybe I could go with the usual characters of a mystery novel and work it out from there?

>>46201874
I think I should limit truths to the gameboard. In the series truth isn't used as a weapon outside Beatrice's Catbox, so it isn't clear if it a thing of her territory or other witches use them as well It gets more confusing with things like Lamb knowing what the Golden Truth while Bern didn't.

>>46202047
>Not to mention, the ability to essentially return to any jump you desire...? Eeeeeeeeeh.

Well, it's just for three days and inside a limited area. And that's before your arrival.

>>46202047
>But it being worth 300? Yup, a problem.

What reward do you suggest them? I think that the rules favor the human side a lot, but a skilled player could use them to their advantage as well.
>>
>>46187548
Jump No. 7: Generic Sugar Bowl
Rolled Candyland
Local
Rolled Age 14
We Can Get Along (Free)
Let's Put Our Hearts Together (600)
Cuteness Overload (-200)
Truth Gem (-450)
Sweet Berries (-500)
No Fighting (-200)
Tastes Like Diabetes (-100)
Sweet Tooth (0)

Welp, ten years in Candyland as someone with a massive sweet tooth isn't the worst thing that could happen to a person. Cuteness Overload and Let's Put Our Hearts Together gives me a few ideas on how to deal with Ravenloft when I end up there, eventually- hopefully sooner rather than later. Maybe I'll be able to cleanse that plane by befriending and redeeming the darklords?
>>
>>46203404
Jump No. 8: Yoshi's Island
Rolled World 6
Toadie (950)
Swipe (Free)
Geometric Blast (850)
Magikoopa (550)
Mega Guy (350)
Metal Guy (-50)
Storytime (-100)
Stylin Specs (Free)
Diaper (-150)
Mask (-200)
Cookies (-300)
Babysitter (0)

I'm saddled with taking care of baby Bowser for ten years; I guess this means I'll be repelling attacks from the Mushroom Kingdom, as well as from other villains trying to take Bowser out before he can grow up. Shouldn't be too difficult; I pretty much don't sleep, and I'm much stronger than most anything else in this world. I'll raise Bowser to be less villainous so that he doesn't muck things up when I take him as a companion.
>>
>>46203797
Jump No. 9: Danny Phantom
Rolled Age 19
Half-Ghost (800)
Ghost Sense (Free)
Ghost Shields (700)
Ecto Blast (500)
Ghost Stinger (400)
Electrokinesis (250)
Ghostly Wail (-50)
Ecto-Skeleton (-350)
Precognition (-450)
Ecto-Lined Thermos (Free)
Pocket Change (-500)
The Rival (-300)
The Nemesis (0)

It's been awhile since I've watched this series, but I remember it being fairly safe, so long as you have some sort of protection against ghosts. I'll probably do a Tony Stark and announce my Half-Ghost powers to the world, which will most likely bite me in the ass in some shape or form, but at least I won't have any freelance ghost busters coming after me. Dealing with my nemesis and to a lesser extent my rival is going to suck, but I should be fine with clever usage of my abilities and items.
>>
>>46201789
>Because a lot of D&D magic is knowledge and experience even for racial casting, but strictly by the rules just using something like Narnia Time means you can go from barely better than an apprentice to epic archmage (and back again).
I wonder if you could use this to change your spells known?
>>
What's the best race for a Sorcerer in the FR jump? (Other than some flavor of dragon or another) Is a half-dragon human any good?
>>
Does anyone remembers in which FF jump was that perk that let you resists status effects?
>>
>>46204217
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance makes you immune to all FF status effects and resistant to others.
>>
File: jumprope dinosaur.gif (755 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
jumprope dinosaur.gif
755 KB, 500x281
>>46204201
Why be a Half-Dragon Human, when you can be a HALF-DRAGON MEGARAPTOR?

>>46204217
I think it was Tactics Advance? You know, the one where it's escapism?
>>
>>46204217
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance has ribbon bearer. It makes you immune to all FF status effects and resist all others.
Considering what some of the FF status effects are it's a pretty bullshit perk.
>>
File: image.png (89 KB, 771x558) Image search: [Google]
image.png
89 KB, 771x558
>>46204201
Dragonwrought Kobold. You age like a dragon, so you don't suffer penalties to aging. So you get +3 Int/Wis/Cha for old age, and you count as a dragon so you get access to nifty Dragon PrCs from Dragonomicon.
>>
>>46201385
Anon, before the Greybeards became full retard and thought you could use up the thu'um and got it banned from most people, almost every Nord knew how to use the Voice.
>>
>>46201874
What even IS a higurashi?
>>
>>46204342
>became full retard and thought you could use up the thu'um and got it banned from most people
...so the Greybeards think they are Nasuverse magus?
>>
>>46204453
Jurgen Windcaller came to the conclusion that he lost Red Mountain because he used the Voice for war, when it was really because the Chimer were on the same metaphysical "side" that humans are.
>>
Im working on a project could I get some magic languages we can get from jumps? So far I have ar tonelico music, thuum, and eragon word magic.
>>
>>46204381
It's a cicada.
>>
>>46202432
Flip a coin.
>>
>>46204551
Oh. I miss finding cicada shells everywhere.
>>
>>46204493
Well, the big one would probably be correspondence from fallen london. The bard capstone from Viking saga probably helps as well. Oh, and you can probably pick up some true name bullshit from eragon.
>>
>>46204493
With Disney every language is magic.
>>
>>46204580
You won't miss 'em once they're back, anon.

Trust me.
>>
Speaking of FFTA I just rolled Steven Universe for my next Jump, and apparently you can import gems to receive powers based on that gemstone. I don't know anything about Steven Universe since I've never watched it, but what sorts of abilities would importing one of these gems from FFTA give you?

Mind Ceffyl- This crystal is suffused with raw knowledge. The entire world can be seen in the swirling mists within it.

Body Ceffyl- This crystal is suffused with raw power. Said to fulfill the wishes of its owner.

Lightwing Crystal- Legends say that a holy spirit lies trapped inside this crystal. Gentle light flickers from deep within.

Darklord Crystal- Legends say that a great spirit of darkness lies trapped inside this crystal. Do not look upon the pulsating shadow within overlong.

There's also equivalents to the last two for the four elements, as well as ice and electricity, but I'd imagine that they'd boil down to "you have control over those things really well".
>>
has anyone given any thought to a The Gamer jump?
>>
>>46204590
Thanks.
>>
>>46204666
There's literally NOTHING in that universe that's been expounded on or given background information on beyond the actual The Gamer power.

And given SpaceBattles' atrocious attempt at it, where they literally made one whole Gamer origin and then two other origins which were shit because of the aforementioned problem with the actual story? I'm not sure there'll be any good attempt at it until the writer expands on the rest of the universe.

I'm going to catch flak for saying that because I'm sure that's all people want is The Gamer power, but the setting's barren. You can't make a good jump out of it yet.
>>
>>46204666
Yes Satan, several attempts have been made. However the conclusion simply ends up being
'We should wait until the story gets more fleshed out because otherwise we basically have nothing'
>>
>>46204666
The Gamer itself can't be offered without trivializing the rest of the Chain, and supposedly, all of the background information on the rest of the world (which was said to be enough to make a full jump already) is in Korean and spread throughout side-material and conversations with the author.
>>
>>46204666
We have. The problem is literally the only interesting thing in it right now is being the gamer, which would have to either be split up into so many chunks you could never afford it, or be THE ultimate must-by perk. It might work better in the future, but for now it's just not Jumpworthy.
>>
>>46204770
>without trivializing the rest of the Chain

Oh who the fuck cares, we've got several jumps that trivialize others to begin with.
>>
File: The ride never ends.jpg (250 KB, 1121x806) Image search: [Google]
The ride never ends.jpg
250 KB, 1121x806
Anyone seen lucarioanon/jackal in awhile either in thread or irc? Their pastebin of stories isn't accessible anymore.
>>
>>46204876
They may've decided to get the fuck out while the going was good.
>>
>>46204876
>>46204914
They were here like a week ago drawing pictures.
>>
Dishonored:

Blink II 3
Dark Vision II 6
Devouring Swarm II 13
Bend Time II 21
Shadow Kill II 25
28 years old
Watch
Respect the Badge
Police Brutality 100
Untouchable 200
Whirlwind 400
Loyalty 600
Stronger Soul x8 1000
The Heart 1100
Bottle Street Woes 900
Granny Rags 500

Dishonored as part of my 'adding builds for all the jumps I understand to my run in alphabetical order starting with the imaged folder'.

Took blink mostly for the stop time temporarily while doing it. Dark Vision is maybe a little bit redundant with my Raildex Clairvoyance and all the buff options.

Went Watch as always as best perks. Don't care for Shamed as the top Whaler perk, doesn't seem to do tonnes. Flesh and Steel in the Overseer tree only works if you don't slap magic on anything. Sweet Dreams requires you to have nightmares to have good ideas.

Respect the Badge and Police Brutality make you more likable, trustworthy, authoritative and intimidating between them.

Untouchable is great too. Sense corruption and good at both exploiting and transcending it without getting in trouble. Could have been the top perk and I would have still gotten it.

Whirlwind is neat. A nice sort of combat/multitasking thing where it's all about fighting several people at the same time with two swords/guns/one of each.

Also bought 8 lots of Stronger Soul so that my soul is fucking ripped. In a good way. Had extra CP and the idea of someone super irresponsible having a ridiculously strong soul is pretty funny.

The Heart is nice. Secrets!

Bottle Street Woes means some guys with flintlocks may drag me out of bed from time to time.

Granny Rags is more of a concern and I'll probably have to set her on fire at least a few times. Good headhunter combination though, use a sort of GPS thing, teleportation and the You Killed My Father perk from The Princess Bride. Makes it very easy to know where people are.
>>
>>46204920
I checked the archive and it seems they haven't posted anything in the two weeks since then. Its just kinda weird that their main pastebin and their co-op chain pastebin both went non-viewable and they haven't been posting.

Did something happen to them?
>>
>>46204741
>>46204766
>>46204770
>>46204783
Ah, these are good points(wasn't aware anyone had talked about it or tried it). So, unless we have a korean jumpmaker running around we are unlikely to get a jump worth reading.
>>
>>46204551
What do you mean?
>>
>>46200416
I'm a Runner in Prototype, nuff said.

>>46200436
Not gonna lie, that looks stupid. But Middle Finger Missiles are kinda sweet.

>>46201253
My own "True" form is humanoid-ish.

>>46201288
It's not really wanking, most powers we get keep us in a Human, or at least humanoid, form. Only a couple don't, and This Is In Fact My Final Form can help fix that. Not completely, but mostly.

>>46201439
Other powers in the chain that depend on Age depend on your actual age(after you get the power), not the age you are in your current jump. I fail to see why this would be different.
>>
95. Alan Wake
Perks: Touched By Darkness (-300), Champion of Light (-400)
Items: Flashlight, Flares (-100), Flare Gun (-200)

So, from what I've gathered some author wrote himself into a corner with reality warping darkness and now has to write himself out of it, and there's a satan wandering around and furniture has gone racist.

Okay, coolbeans. Let's hear it for talecrafting and parody again, folks. I'm going to give this little bit of hell a happy ending. Because I'm a fanfiction character, damnit, and if I can't use outside context powers to fix a story that had no real initial problems beyond a sad ending, then what even is the point?

It's a just a simple issue of removing all the mystery and fear in the setting by destroying the internal logic of the story that's been written and replacing it with what it really is now. I can punch the satan in the face because I'm a self-insert mary sue, and that's what a self-insert would do. Everyone gets a happy ending so long as I continue being grumpy and going on about my tortured past. I can purify the dark ones because I am both darker than they are and holier. It's just like the time I saved a billion people in Buffy, except slightly more self-aware.

All because I can steal the story using meta-powers.
>>
Any perks that make you superhumanly skilled at fighting where you can outmatch dozens of people or defeat superhumans through skill alone?
>>
>>46205622
City of Heroes.
>>
>>46204201
Probably something else with racial casting. Half dragons offer pretty much nothing to a spellcaster. Everything the template adds is pretty much geared towards melee characters.

>>46204317 is good advice if you're building an actual D&D character, but because the jump calculates the cost of a race by CR instead of effective character level you can get a lot more out of your CP by taking a powerful race with innate casting instead of a lesser race with class levels.
Dragons just get the additional benefit that they get better with age automatically (among other stuff), so you can just buy wyrmling for cheap and then take a long jump like Civilization to grow in power.

You can probably scare up a list somewhere with google but from memory the best options aside from true dragons for sorcerers are probably Rakshasa, the various species of naga, Elemental Weirds, Spell Weaver, Couatl and Sylph.
>>
>>46205656
But would going Demi-lich still be a viable option? Know that i know next to nothing on dungeons and dragons because i was never allowed to get it.
>>
>>46204924

Doctor Who:

24 years old
Ninth Doctor
Artful Dodger 200
Absolutely Brilliant 600
Companions Luck 1000

Not a long build. This jump doesn't seem to be about making a build really.

Took a perk about avoiding damage, about being creative and innovative and a luck perk.

Rolled the Ninth Doctor which is good as I actually watched it at that point. Just rolled and I made it as an on and off sort of companion that would never have made the cut in the show due to bad behaviour.

I'd also spend a lot of time stealing tech. The Doctor's not my supervisor.
>>
>>46205368
>Other powers in the chain that depend on Age depend on your actual age(after you get the power), not the age you are in your current jump. I fail to see why this would be different.
D&D dragon power doesn't just depend on how long you've existed, it depends on your physiological age. It's innately a factor of biology, which gets reset each Jump.
>>
>>46205701
Kinda? Demilich isn't really a race. It's a template that you add to a base race.

You can also become a lich or demilich in-jump easily enough as long as you're a sufficiently powerful spellcaster, so there's not too much incentive to spend CP on it.

Not that they aren't powerful, but there's no reason to spend CP on it unless you really need to be one from the start of the jump (and just being a spellcaster with the necessary power to become one should be enough, really).
>>
>>46205959
There are jumps with similar abilities. Jump-Magic ignores it and judges it on your actual age.
>>
>>46206040
Yeah, but they explicitly ignore it. With dragon, you pay for your age category; technically if you were going to fiat it, you should fiat it so you can never rise an age category.
>>
>>46206094
There are plenty of instances where you pay for shortcuts with CP. An example would be the Assassin's Creed perk where you get a year's experience in fighting, stealth, etc. I don't see why the age category of dragons wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>46200416
My awakened form from Claymore. It's just ribbons, blades and extendable flesh, it's made of edges that can be extended to be even edgier when needed.
>>
>>46205969
>You can also become a lich or demilich in-jump easily enough as long as you're a sufficiently powerful spellcaster, so there's not too much incentive to spend CP on it.

Lich maybe - but becoming a Demilich is not easy at all.

There're only two or three in the entirety of Faerun. It takes hundreds of years and immense power to get to that level.
>>
>>46206144
Because you're not paying for a shortcut. You're paying to have your race be (for example) a newborn dragon. Cost is based solely on CR, which doesn't include aging in that consideration.

Seriously, saying "I keep my actual age and therefore get thousands of free CP" is the silliest possible outcome.
>>
File: 1456861496955.jpg (45 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1456861496955.jpg
45 KB, 500x400
>These two pathetic idiots trying to discourage people from going dragon with tenuous nonsense that requires FR to run on different rules than other jumps.
>>
File: 1458168714440.jpg (190 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1458168714440.jpg
190 KB, 1280x960
So I know Metaphysical Biology, PhD from NGE allows for soul-surgery/fuckery, but is there anywhere else I can get something similar?

Fucking High Energy Reaction...
>>
>>46206269
Calling your bluff. How does that position work differently than any other Jump?
>>
>>46206397
It's already been explained to you, anon.
>>
>>46206407
>>46206246
>no replies
>>
Ok so, I get 'Big Soul' in Soul Eater.
Then I get to RWBY and get 'Aura Implants'

So, assuming R's average aura use's are at about Blackstar's level, at least in raw soulpower, and SE's Mifune's (guy stated to be equivalent to 99 average souls), and assume that Mifune was at least 3 times as strong as BL at the start, the calculation goes...

99 average souls times 5 times that is the hard limit..., factoring that RWBY average can be about 33 human soul equivalent...

495. It would be as strong as 495 average human souls. so, about ~15 times as strong in raw aura...

Am I a saiyan yet?

Also,
>Shadow of the Colossus 'shadow beings'
>RWBY's Abyssal Aura
>WORM's queen administrator passed through Medaka box's Real eater to control shadow minions
>Naruto's Kaguya clan's bone power thing

= King of the Grimm. Huh. Actually, forget the soul calculator thing.

Random question time /jc/

Have you ever decided to use or 'limit' (LOL)
yourself with a powerset just to fuck with a setting? Kinda like the example up there.

Or like when I appeared as a Pacific Rim Kaijuu I themed after a dragon in Zero no Tsukaima, just to fuck with the pink girl.

Or when I limited myself to tech genius perks as a servant to rub our victory by technology in Tokiomi's Face?

>Marvel & DC genius perks
>Teen Titans & Joung Justice genius
>Venture Bro's Superscience
>Worm's Reverse engineered designs...
>>
>>46206347
Tales of Symphonia has a perk that allow you to work with souls as a material (like make Exspheres, Key Crest, etc)
>>
>>46205718
Dragon Age Inquisition:

Val Royeaux
Mage 100
Human
Factionless
Focus
Late Nights and Dusty Tomes
Apprentice
Leeroy: Human, Warrior, Templar, Strong Like A Bull, Beautiful Mind, Shining Example 300
Beautiful Mind
Masterful Magi - Necromancer 300
Full Circle 900
War Council 1200
Gaiderbate 1000

This jump is difficult to figure out, whoever thought it would be less confusing to put initials for discounts and the full names of origins for free perks than just putting the word discount or free next to the origin in question was quite mad.

May well be doing it wrong.

Took Mage as I took mage in Origins so figure might as well go full Mage. Plus in terms of lore there don't seem to be a lot of reasons the other options should be better.

Human for the free perk (Late Nights and Dusty Tomes).

Factionless as I was taking the top Factionless perk anyway and I didn't have to deal with a different win condition.

Focus is a freebie. Late Nights and Dusty Tomes I used as I like taking research perks. Got a free import so imported the bodyguard into a knight commander style role which is cool for a lot of settings, particularly stuff like ASoIaF, also got him a genius intellect and some more strength. Beautiful Mind was free and one for the clever pile. Masterful Magi went Necromancer because ghosts.

Took Full Circle to be a well respected mage wherever and be really good at getting a lot of mages to do big mad things.

Took War Council as it's a trope I've always enjoyed. Works well for the assembling a team thing. Very good for any jumps where you have to play politics as well.

Gaiderbate is a 'things don't make sense' drawback which would be worse if I really thought things have to make sense all the time. Will be pretty annoying a few years in but nevermind.
>>
Can my Zanpakuto in Bleach be any type of sword (a Claymore, for instance) or does it have to be a katana?
>>
>>46206927
Its resting state has to be a katana, but its Shikai can look like anything or not even be a sword. There's a few people with bladed polearms and odder things amongst the Soul Reapers.
>>
File: mist_dragon_by_sumerky-d5i2iqf.jpg (172 KB, 900x771) Image search: [Google]
mist_dragon_by_sumerky-d5i2iqf.jpg
172 KB, 900x771
>>46206750
>Have you ever decided to use or 'limit' yourself with a powerset just to fuck with a setting?
All the damn time. The only thing I never skimp on is defence and trolling, but everything else is mostly toned down.

>Am I a saiyan yet?
Nah. But you'd probably be pretty powerful for RWBY. Through remember the Aura Implants are batteries, you can't run around using them all the time, and they'll take a while to recharge.

>Shadow of the Colossus 'shadow beings'
>WORM's queen administrator passed through Medaka box's Real eater to control shadow minions
>Naruto's Kaguya clan's bone power thing
While these can propably make a passable imitation, only Abyssal would really help you with actual Grimm.

>Or like when I appeared as a Pacific Rim Kaijuu I themed after a dragon in Zero no Tsukaima, just to fuck with the pink girl.
did the same thing actually, except with an actual dragon form. Also, lewd.
>>
>>46206965
>Also, lewd.
I doubt it. No one's masochistic enough to waifu Louise.
>>
>>46206950
Does Shikai consume a lot of power to keep active? I kind of have a theme going here.
>>
>>46207004
Bitch I will fight you. After you get past the tsun, the dere is unbelievably sweet and adorable.
>>
>>46207004

>No one's masochistic enough to waifu Louise.

Is that a challenge? She seems fine as long as you don't push her buttons constantly like Saito does.
>>
>>46206811
But doesn't that only allow you to implant the souls or use them in predefined ways? Symphonia seems to use them as a power source or guiding intelligence, there's nothing about directly modifying the soul itself from what I can find.
>>
>>46207012
As long as you have enough energy, I'd say around captain level reiatsu to be sure, you can easily keep Shikai active constantly. It's what Ichigo does.
>>
>>46207004
Actually, I did that myself. The masochism factor gets toned down a lot when she can't actually hurt you, /and/ you're actually impressive instead of a really stupid human like Saito.
>>
>>46207028
Strong Soul from Soul Eater and the perk in Bleach enough to get me to that level?
>>
>>46207013
But there's so much tsun.

>>46207018
Are you saying it's Saito's fault she's a bitch?

>>46207040
Saito isn't /that/ stupid. Just a bit too Shounen.
>>
>>46206178
You can buy the immense power necessary easily enough with CP, because it's just spellcasting. You don't actually have to get there the hard way like the people in the setting.

But if you start as a human wizard 20 or whatever and wait until in-jump to become a demilich you still save 800CP compared to buying it, because the CR of Lich + Demilich is 8 higher than the base creature.

Sure, it costs you quite a bit of gold. But you're an epic spellcaster. You shouldn't have any trouble getting that gold unless you're pants-on-head retarded.
And even a baseline human wizard has very little to fear in FR once he reaches the ability to cast 9th level spells, so i don't really see how you'd justify spending 800cp on it.

>>46206246
Of course it's a shortcut. You get to be a Great Wyrm now instead of in 1000 years.

Going by your interpretation that only biological age matters creates more problems than it solves.
There's effects that age you even in-setting that are easily available to most spellcasters, so going by the game-rules as written means you're getting thousands of free CP anyway.
And within the scope of jumpchain you could just get Narnia Time or something similar to get the power up.

Going by "time lived as a dragon" at least requires you to spend 1000 years to get to Great Wyrm. That's a lot of jumps unless you jump something like Civilization that takes thousands of years, but finding a way to block off every workaround is simply not feasible in jumpchain.
>>
>>46207047
I'd say that you'd be good to go. The captain level thing was highballing the required amount, so you should be fine.
>>
>>46207069
>Are you saying it's Saito's fault she's a bitch?
Well at least 40%. He can be pretty insensitive.
>>
>>46206927
He's a gigantic outlier so it doesn't really apply here, but Hyosube's sealed Zanpakuto takes the form of a brush. Just wanted to share that with the class.
>>
>>46207069
>But there's so much tsun.
And there's so much dere. It balances it out, and it shouldn't even be that difficult to deal with, even if you don't have any perks to help.
>>
>>46207094
Really, the entire Royal Guard has some pretty silly sealed forms. A giant spoon? A water paddle? Come the fuck on
>>
>>46207069
>Are you saying it's Saito's fault she's a bitch?
Not necessarily. But he's very, very good at pushing Louise's buttons unintentionally. And he keeps goddamn doing it. All the time.

She'd be a /lot/ nicer if you're not doing that. Hell, the only way you're liable to get as much tsun as Saito is if you're actually setting out to anger here.
>>
>>46206927
>>46206950
There's actually at least two who have their Zanpakuto as tanto instead of katana in their sealed state (Gin and Nanao).
And the captain commander's sword takes the form of a walking stick when sealed.
At least one is also only a single blade sealed but turns into two weapons in shikai (Ukitake).

So overall? I'd say your blade can look like any weapon you want when sealed. And the rules for looks go out the window entirely in shikai anyway.
>>
>>46207137
I'm pretty sure the members of the royal guard include the guy who actually invented zanpakuto.
I guess if you actually make it to the Royal Guard, you're allowed to get yours custom fit.
>>
>>46207077
>You can buy the immense power necessary easily enough with CP, because it's just spellcasting. You don't actually have to get there the hard way like the people in the setting.

No, you don't get it.

There is no "become demilich", there is only "becomes a demilich".

It's not going to happen just because you said "oh I'm a Lich, but I'm ten thousand years old and really good at casting, so tomorrow my body will fall off".

There are rules for crafting the soul traps, but those don't make you a demilich.
>>
>>46207117
Does she ever even display dere or is this you thinking she's cute?
>>
>>46207161
The thing is, they mass-produce them. You probably have to custom order a zapakuto that doesn't look like a katana.
>>
>>46207230
Is there any way to alter it?
>>
>>46207077
I'm not talking about paying 2600 CP to be a great wyrm gold dragon. I'm talking about paying 400 and then claiming you get to be a great wyrm gold dragon anyway after 240 jumps.
>>
>>46207069
A big part of her being a bitch is her upbringing as a (really high up) noble and the massive pressure of not living up to her families reputation. Once you get past that she's really quite sweet.

That and Saito is pretty much designed to push all her buttons, all the time. Is it his fault? Kinda yes, kinda no. He could definitely do more to get along, but on the other hand he is what he is, and he's also been ripped out of his life and enslaved so it's not as if he has any big reason to play nice.

So they both have their issues that aren't really good for an amicable relationship, but i wouldn't really say one is more at fault than the other. They just clash.
>>
>>46207211
She realizes at a certain point that she can't just keep up the tsun if she actually wants to be with Saito, since he has so many other people vying for his attention, so yes, she does.
>>
>>46207004
Step one: Go with LN Louise, not manga and certainly not anime.
>>
>>46207267
Yeah, why wouldn't you? It's not like anyone cares after 240 jumps.
You could just get Narnia Time and be a Great Wyrm after 2 jumps if you go with your "biological age" rule, still for 400cp.
Only you can deage yourself back to wyrmling and then age back up to repick your feats, skills and spells, so it's even sillier.

You can also advance your class levels by training.
So you can technically be a level 20 wizard for free if you just pick it as your starting class and train enough.
Get level 1 in as many classes as you want and after 240 jumps you'll be epic level in all of them, especially if you take Experience is a River.

I really don't see why you get so bent out of shape about this. It's no different from most other powers. They all get stronger with time.
The only difference with D&D magic is that the progress is easier to quantify because it's based on a TTRPG setting, which by necessity has more detailed rules about that.
>>
>>46207243
Soul Builder and the S-Mysterious Blueprints should get you started on making Zanpakuto. Add in other crafting/blacksmithing Perks, like the ones from God of War, and you might be able to reforge it.

Taking New Recruit would make it a lot easier, since it'll be closer to factory default, but that has an entire separate set of issues.
>>
File: 5c616b3791540ee0c190b006e2da20d5.jpg (1007 KB, 910x1280) Image search: [Google]
5c616b3791540ee0c190b006e2da20d5.jpg
1007 KB, 910x1280
Jump 16: Sports - Pentathlon

Team Bonus: Equipment
Origin: Skill (200 CP)

Abilities:
+ The Mastery of a Champion (Free)
+ The Fish in the Stream (350 CP)
+ The Knowledge to Achieve (550 CP)
+ The Will to Keep Going (650 CP)
+ The Strength to Win (750 CP)

Items:
+ The Power of Nakama-Friendship-Love (Free): Powered up my Companion Lenore with tactical precision.
+ The Best Shoes in the World (950 CP)
+ Some Good Shoes (1000 CP)
+ The Best Uniform in the World (1100 CP)

Drawbacks:
+ Stalky Stalking Stalker (1000 CP)

Story:
+ So I gave myself a bit of a challenge since I backed out of the Persona Jump. I had to win five National Championships in five different sports during the ten years I was here. It helped keep things entertaining at least. I can't say it was exactly hard, but a relatively normal Jump is nice once in a while too, yeah.
+ The five sports were: America Football, Double Tennis, Soccer, Boxing, and Curling. My other Companions were free to do their own thing during this Jump and some of them took me up on that. Everybody joined in for Soccer. Sweets was my rival for Boxing, which was a ton of fun. Our 30 round rematch bout during my second shot at the National Championship was something for the history books.
+ Not a ton else to talk about for this Jump. At least the Jump Coordinator seemed to be entertained by my antics. I will say it was hard to keep myself from going overboard with my powers, so I had DC place a Curse on me to lock them down.
>>
>>46207204
Plus, part of becoming a lich is becoming undead. Generally, to be undead you have to first be... dead.
>>
>>46207204
So buying Demi-lich would be better?
>>
So Jumpers, what's the biggest power up you didn't pay CP for?
>>
>>46207579
the gift of being able to jump
>>
>>46207579
Probably either learning Magia Erebia in Negima or implanting six dragon Lacrimas in myself in Fairy Tail.
>>
>>46207579
Using it's not a glitch, it's a feature to exploit the fortify/soul trap glitch of morrowind to begin the real shounen training arc.
>>
>>46207577

Definitely, if you want to be one. There's no guarantee at all that you could become one - at the very least you'd probably need to spend a LOT of time without ever changing to a living form.

Demilich and Lich are only 800CP in total, with the amount you can get in FR (a LOT, as the Elder Evils and Orcus become easier the more you take), it's a drop in the bucket.

>>46207528

Well, it's arguable that the lichdom ritual would skip you dying by anchoring your soul... but equally arguable that you still count as dying.

Ultimately there's really no need to be greedy and try to work around it - the same goes for "oh just set yourself to the max age in the cheaper dragon age category and wait a year".
>>
>>46207579
By sheer "equivalent CP value" probably the Yami Yami no Mi i picked up in One Piece by killing Blackbeard, and all the other devil fruit powers i stole with it afterwards.
A lot of the really high end devil fruits were in the hands of people i would have killed anyway, so it was just efficient.
>>
>>46207579
Either this >>46207601, or if that doesn't count, it would have to be becoming a Judgment. If that doesn't count due to the fact I used CP to get the methods to create and gather the souls, I've stolen a lot of time machines over the years.
>>
>>46207699
How'd you kill the bastard?
>>
>>46207579
Probably either jumping itself, or (technically) the basic hull and free weapons of the Light of Terra.
>>
Question?

Do the CYOA rules allow one to take more than one background choice?
>>
>>46207794
Only one unless otherwise noted is the convention.
>>
>>46207579
Propably either my DNA stealing and splicing into myself I did basically whenever I found something good (Like, Kryptonians as the best example)...

Or the spaceship/station I built myself. Its standard generators pump out a few orders of magnitude more energy than the sun does.
>>
could a jumper reasonably achieve light speed reaction time through a gestalt of APM Intensifies (reaction at any speed from SAO) and the Light Light Fruit (transformation into light) from One Piece?
>>
>>46207809
So I wouldn't be able to take the Devil Hunter and Devil Child backgrounds together from the Devil May Cry jump for example
>>
>>46207868
Correct. That is verboten.
>>
>>46207694
>the same goes for "oh just set yourself to the max age in the cheaper dragon age category and wait a year"
I can buy your argument about undead. It makes sense, and i overlooked the whole "creating the soul gems doesn't make you a demilich" bit.

But i really don't see why you'd spend 300-1000cp (depending on dragon) more than you need to when you can just wait a year in-jump and get plenty of power to survive that long to start with.

>>46207748
I intercepted him on Jaya and hit him with Electromaster's railgun ability from ambush.
>>
>>46207855
APM just describes it as "near-superhuman" doesn't it?
>>
>>46207855
Yes. You'd still be made of light while moving at that speed through, so punching people may not work.
>>
How can I give one of my abilities to my civilization in the civ jump?
>>
>>46207579
Honestly? It's the insane amount of magic items we built in Forgotten Realms. Between all the stat boosts and stored magical power, it was scary how much of a boost it was.
>>
>>46207579
Being able to jump.

Alternatively, fucking Chimera Morphs. How's a Mutant Inhuman Burning Kryptomartian-Human Hybrid sound to you?

Might not count since it's something I'm expected to do with a CP purchase, but whatever.
>>
>>46207981
Heredity from Discworld and Barry White music.
>>
>>46201716
I'm very late here but have you tried Marvel? Body + either energy or pyrokinesis should do the trick, basically being the human torch.
>>
>>46207855
I'd say yes.
Hyperkinesis from PMD should work too and is less ambiguously worded.
>no reaction time beyond the physical limit of your muscles

>>46207947
One Piece devil fruit powers are not on speaking terms with conventional physics.
The current user of the light-light fruit already kicks people at light speed, he just doesn't have the reaction so he has to pre-plan his moves.
>>
>>46208022
>One Piece devil fruit powers are not on speaking terms with conventional physics.
Shounen in general, really.
>>
>>46207947
if i were to throw in soft physics from worm, do you think i could pull off stunts like kicking someone at the speed of light- something the owner of the fruit (borsalino) would normally do in one piece? malleable reality from railgun (looser physics based on lowered sanity) might help as well
>>
>>46207629
>Magia Erebia
Doesn't that kill and/or transform the user into an insane demon if they're not a Negima vampire or Negi?

>implanting six dragon Lacrimas
...can you even do that? You wouldn't explode from conflicting elements or something?
>>
>>46207834
>Propably
The word is Probably.
>>
>>46208051
>something the owner of the fruit (borsalino) would normally do in one piece
Then you don't need Soft Physics.
>>
>>46208140
There's a recent character who had EIGHT.

And then got one-shotted by Acnologia.
>>
>>46206397
Still late to the party, but LoSS uses age to make an alt form grow. Are you saying that it doesn't work because your main form (or a new alt form) has an age change?

There's never been a ruling on if your age roll affects alt forms but it seems a lot people go with the idea that it doesn't.
>>
>>46208000
>Barry White music.

From which jump anon?
>>
File: Burning_Skeletons.jpg (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Burning_Skeletons.jpg
1 MB, 1280x720
>>46208020
Could work, hopefully with just Body+Energy, since I'm not trying to control anything, just lighting myself on fire.

Already severely strained for cp there through, so if I need Kinesis too, I'm gonna have to find something else.

...In other news on the burning skeleton front, I found another D&D spell called Balor Nimbus that sets me on fire with normal-colored flames. But which also probably counts as demonic fire. Which could be nice?

>>46208220
Crap, I keep messing that up. Damnit. I should not be trusted with a keyboard.
>>
Devil Survivor 2 jump maker, I have a question for all of you: Would an optional endgame scenario work for you? One of the endings in the original game not only gave the MC control of the Akashic Record, but of space, time, heat, and force. I'm considering having the 800cp drawback offer two endings if you win: giving you the same powers the MC had in that one ending if you gain your Spark there, and just control of the Akashic Record if you continue and gain your Spark later. What do you all think?
>>
>>46207579
I didn't kill Eden and Scion, and came back later to ate them.
>>
>>46208378
Yeah, that sounds great. Optional end games are fun.
>>
>>46208238
>EIGHT
Huh.
>spoiler
Of course.
>>
>>46208378
Anything related to the Akashic Records in any jump seems too overpowered.

Why not do it like Touhou and let it be a post-spark reward?

That way none can truly complain.
>>
>>46208428
Is there anyone who didn't eat them? Even if you don't have a way to gain their powers from it, they're planetary-sized supplies of biomass. There's so much you can do with that.
>>
>>46208475
Uh, Anon. I said Post-Spark.
>>
>>46208475
I think that's what he meant by "controlo of the Akashic Record if you continue and gain you spark later". That you could end your chain there and get the full powers as a post-Spark thing, or carry on and get just the Akashic Record stuff as a post-Spark bonus.
>>
>>46208511
I didn't.
>>
File: Grump Link.png (176 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Grump Link.png
176 KB, 480x480
>>46208378
Splitting them to what end? I mean control over the AR is essentially control over the other 4 by extension, and the asshole sitting on the record effectively had that unless you killed his minions first iirc? You get the trick one of the waifus you can companion has yes, but you'd have it anyways through an interface. Functional invulnerability is neat, but not really motivating me to ever take this as an end jump. It's not even a huge escalation ala spiral energy or other opt in end jumps. Just feels tacked on as an afterthought to me.

>>46208475
You get the AR after you spark, although it wasn't worded well. The choice is basically get a thing after sparking, or end jump this and get two things at once instead of one thing later.
>>
>>46207579
I stole the Lantern entities from DC.
>>
>>46208567
Explain.
>>
>>46208552
Well you're doing it wrong then.
>>
File: Transmutation_Tablet_ig.png (3 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Transmutation_Tablet_ig.png
3 KB, 300x300
>>46208511
I didn't eat them, I just threw them into a EE Transmutation Tablet after using a Combination of Lancer's Topography Manipulation and my Lunar Dial to shrink them down enough to fit.
>>
>>46208672
I'm not him, but I ate a Shard.

Turns out, giant biocomputers taste like shit.

He is perfectly justified in not eating the Entities.
>>
>>46208680
Same thing, ultimately. "Used for raw materials" is close enough.
>>
>>46208559
No, Polaris herself only controlled the data through the AR. Basically, she COULD manipulate time/space/heat/force, but not control it. That was why Canopus was head and shoulders above her: he WAS the Divine Order of the Universe. He was The Great Will to her YHVH. So immediate spark makes you Great Will level, later spark YHVH level.
>>
>>46208559
>>46208544
>>46208532
My bad then.

>>46208559
The unlimited growth from the Spiral energy is pretty cool, but I don't see any motivation to take it as an end game if have boundary manipulation waiting up for you. Once you end your chain, simply unlock your spiral potential.
>>
Bit of help guys
Naruto Jumpchain
background Clan born
Uchiha bloodline with clan discount is 400pts
Clan born lets me pick 2 extra bloodlines in addition to the main one correct?
So i could pick the Uzumaki and Wood Release bloodlines for half price yes?
So what happens if i bought the Senju bloodline on top of those? do i half the Wood Release again or what?
>>
Alright, for clarification: the Akashic Record can manipulate the forces I mentioned, but that has limits: Polaris and Arcturus, two administrators, could be killed. Until the MC and his friends stole the factors from him. Canopus was literally immortal and all-powerful, and the only reason they COULD do that was because he wasn't sentient and there was a glitch in reality. Immediate spark puts you on his level plus the AR.
>>
>>46208621
I just stole the Central Lantern Batieres (which is not a really hard feat), and searched for the entities that weren't trapped in one and trapped them there.

And then I fused them.
>>
How did you become immortal jumpchain?
>>
>>46209024
>(which is not a really hard feat)
>Green battery is on Oa with the guardians and the green lanterns, and the guardians would probably call in the other corps or even their secret projects if they had to.
>Not really hard
>>
>>46209024
Wouldn't that take pods to keep them though? They're extremely alien in mindsets but have displayed sapience at points.
>>
>>46209044
I jumped Narnia for #5, and got immortality as a Side effect of Narnia Time.
>>
>>46209063
>Guardians
>Being anything but jobbers
>>
>>46209085
...how? Wait, jump number 5? What jump are you on now?!
>>
>>46209111
Anon most people here are in the multi-100s. Some of us have jumped them all.
>>
>>46209111
What's so surprising about any of that?
>>
File: glitch 2.gif (1 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
glitch 2.gif
1 MB, 500x375
>>46209044
Statement: That depends on your definition of the word "immortal."
Clarification: Technically speaking, I cannot "die." However, I am not "alive" in the first place. Thus, even if I am deleted or overwritten, my nonexistant biological functions will not cease.
>>
>>46209044
Anomalous Physiology from SCP makes you pretty much impossible to kill in mundane universes, unless they have technology capable of tearing apart every single one of your molecules. Combine with Regeneration+Speed from Marvel and you're all set.
>>
>>46209138
He might be thinking Alice meant True Immortality, rather than the (effectively, anyway) eternal youth Narnian Time gives you.
>>
>>46209136
No, I mean she somehow became immortal in her fifth jump. I'm horrified to think of how many jumps(and thus how much more powerful she's gotten) since then.
>>
Asking >>46082255 again, if the Marvel Cinematic Universe jumpmaker is about:

The Digital Ally perk says "can design its personality and appearance". What did you have in mind by "appearance": user interface, hardware, both, other?

And how would you rate Digital Ally compared to the Dumb and Smart AIs from the Halo jump? Close to the Dumb AI, somewhere between the Dumb and Smart AIs, other?
>>
>>46209223
Well anon since your age resets every jump immortality rarely matters.
>>
>>46209270
Yeah, but I thought she meant she couldn't be killed either. Which is why I asked how that perk made her immortal.
>>
>>46209111
Jump #401, though three of those ([C]: 50, Sunless Sea: 395, and Dark Crusade: 400 ) are done in the sense that I didn't want to keep waiting, so I just put a placeholder and moved on, and will do them later.
>>46209203
Oh, if that's what he meant, I got a Horcrux in Jump #107, which was my first "Fuck you, Death." Item. Narnia Time just lets you control your aging/ never die of age.
>Finally, you're now in complete control over your own aging processes. You can cause your body to mature rapidly, stay the same indefinitely, or even grow younger. You will never die of old age unless you do so deliberately.
>>
>>46209044
If by immortal you mean "can't die of old age", same as >>46209085 (and jump #5 too, high-5).

If you mean "can't die of natural causes", King Arthur (jump #2) had already made me immune to natural diseases and poisons, which combined with Chronicles of Narnia perks met that definition.

If you mean "can't die at all"... it really then starts depending on how you define "die", but I'm still working on that. The omniverse has a lot of ways to kill you off.

Touhou's secret ending can net you the Hourai Elixir, but I have my concerns that it might end up a trap.
>>
>>46209044
Got my Horcrux at jump 20 which does a solid job as insurance, got ridiculously durable after that, then Anomalous Physiology and ridiculous regen in case something actually manages to hurt me, aaand then comes the fact that I'm actually 20 people all looking different (through Tweedlified, Hiveminded, and some shapeshifting), most of which are superfluous and the actually vulnerable parts are kept out of the line of fire.

There's more ofcourse, but that's the most relevant bits.

So, yeah, pretty immortal.

>>46209085
>>46209537
But if just being unaging counts, also went Narnian Time in my 5th jump... weird.
>>
>>46209645
>>46209537
>>46209312
I feel like I'm the only person who didn't take Narnian Time.
>>
>>46208349
Unless this is sarcasm, it's not from a jump, it's a joke.
>>
>>46208349
RWBY offers a free theme song of your choice.
>>
Does the Hellsing CYOA Dark Binding & Alucard's Embrace make you immortal?
>>
METAL GEAR RISING (16)
--LOCATION--
Colorado Badlands
--BACKGROUND--
Drop-In
Male, 21yo
--SKILLS & PERKS--
•Master Swordsman (400cp)
--GADGETS & GEAR--
•Exoskeleton (250cp)
•Colt Single Action (200cp)
•HF Blade Manufacturer (-100cp)
--CYBERNETICS--
•Upgraded Vision (-150cp)
•Blade Mode (-650cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•I Fought The Law! (0cp)

RULES OF NATURE!!! Well fuck it looks like everyone is against me, TIME TO CUT SOME BITCHES! Honestly this entire trip was a blur. I can't tell you how many bodies that hit the floor. All I know it was full on survival mode, every PMC wants me dead, cyborgs everywhere, just little ole me who has to wear an exoskeleton to keep up. It was an interesting trip, and I hope that next trip will be as interesting.
>>
>>46209837
It gives you eternal youth and lets you heal and ignore all wounds (and makes everything non-fatal) once you reach Alucard levels of skill with Dark Binding as long as you have enough souls to burn, so I'd say yes.
>>
>>46209837
As long as you have more souls/familiars to rely on, yeah.
>>
>>46209902
>just little ole me who has to wear an exoskeleton to keep up
Gotta admit, made me chuckle
>>
File: 0b4ed1b8c8eb8295e42290a10efa5b48.png (229 KB, 1140x1200) Image search: [Google]
0b4ed1b8c8eb8295e42290a10efa5b48.png
229 KB, 1140x1200
Final Fantasy 6 Question:
The Searching for Friends Importing option costs 500 CP to import 8 Companions and allows you to "fold" imports together to give one or more of your imports 800 CP at an additional cost.

My question is, I have 7 Companions and don't really want to create a new one, so do I just "fold" that extra spot into one of my existing Companions or just lose it?
>>
>>46210294
I think you can fold it in? Any reason why you don't want another companion?
>>
>>46210348
I just don't want to create a whole new companion. If the option was to snag one of the canon characters as the 8th slot I'd be all about that, but it doesn't read like that's an option.
>>
>>46210378
Hmm, I see, that makes sense.
>>
Is there any perk that let's me apply comic book physics to my surroundings?

I mean, what's the point of being strong enough to juggle SUVs if they just get shredded when I catch them?
>>
>>46210444
Required secondary powers from Young Justice is all I can think of, sorry.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.