[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
Previous Thread: >>46134633
http://pastebin.com/gsYUFPGD

Monday Meeting Notes: http://theonyxpath.com/there-are-new-ways-to-get-our-stuff-monday-meeting-notes/

With any luck, we may see Dark Eras before the end of March
Probably no Mage til April, though
>>
>>46168782
Any word on deviants release?
>>
Chronicle of Fagness
>>
AWOOOOOOOOOO~
>>
File: he's black now.jpg (208 KB, 1100x1022) Image search: [Google]
he's black now.jpg
208 KB, 1100x1022
Solomon has been spending too much time in the sun
>>
I can't believe White Wolf Publishing is making me a liar. I thought for sure Mage would be in March.
>>
>>46168896
mage20 was sent out today
>>
>>46168846
>Any word on deviants release?

Deviant is well over a year away. It's still in the earliest stages of development, no writing has begun, and we don't even know the full title of the game.
>>
>>46168958

I meant Mage the Awakening 2e, but it is nice to know that Mage20 is finally coming for the folks who backed it. At least it was A Mage game, if not the one I wanted.
>>
>>46169004
there's still 10 days in march
>>
>>46168886
Who's that chick with the perky nipples?
>>
>>46169034

Mage 2e layout has still not gone to Dave for final approval, and it will still need to get its last OK from Paradox. Absent a miracle, we will not see the book before the end of March.
>>
>>46169126

Paradox likes to take its sweet time with approvals, but that's almost certainly because one person is doing all the reading. Once they hire that White Wolf head editor, things should get faster.
>>
>>46169050
Probably Emily Morris.
>>
So are the Circle a female only covenant? Like I wanna join them, but they kinda sound like some weird 3rd wave femminist cult.
>>
>>46168963
Good point it's just the idea of body horror and all that has me excited
>>
>>46169513
No, its just mostly females because it's not as sexist as the Lancea Sanctum and it resonates with a lot of new age feminism.

Having Crone in the name makes everyone think its about hags.
>>
>>46169513
I don't get why people on the internet don't understand third wave feminism.

What people think it is:
>Rawr, kill all the men!
What it actually is:
>Men need feminism too, especially gay men. And transwomen as well. And feminism could focus on women other than middle class working white women. Honestly we should be more comfortable reexamining the notions of gender.

That said, the Circle is vaguely militant feminism, but mostly Pagan and all about fucking the man. Sometimes literally, and while eating him.
They're like Carthians who shit in the woods. And I say this as someone who kind of likes the Circle. They can be human sacrificing loonies.
>>
>>46168886

We need more inclusiveness, make those two guys blacker
>>
File: 1458588465470.jpg (62 KB, 500x747) Image search: [Google]
1458588465470.jpg
62 KB, 500x747
>>
>>46169513

If you join you're a fag, if that's what you asking.
>>
>>46169718
They think that because the loud and militant parts of inter-sectional feminism are vile, Rory.
>>
>make my Beast Kith Changeling a generic sly fox
>Zootopia comes out
>entire group won't stop making comparisons
HALP
>>
>>46169766
changelings aren't furries, stop actinglike one
>>
>>46169754
People posting this as a way to discredit feminism have never been in a bad relationship, or even felt social pressure. Or are myopic...

>>46169758
They think that because they're idiots

>>46169766
You mean Furrytopia, yiff yiff.
>>
>>46169766

Embrace it. Just be the smug fox.
>>
>>46169766

You brought it upon yourself, furfaggot.
>>
Can we just not argue about politics in one of these threads for once. Can we just talk about vampires.
>>
http://podcast.darker-days.org/e/dar...io-episode-69/
Darker Days By Night

Mike, Chris, and Chigg are joined by the luminaries of By Night Studios. CEO Jason the Elder, Lead Editor Jennifer "Loopy," and Developer Jason the Younger walk listeners through the basics of Mind's Eye Theater live action role-play and highlight the differences between older editions and their new books. The guests dig deep into Mind's Eye Theater Vampire and Werewolf, presenting epic events from past LARPs and discussing their newest plans. In particular, By Night Studios is excited to present some of their plans for the upcoming Grand Masquerade 2016, September 1st-3rd in New Orleans!
>>
>>46169896

As long as it's Requiem.
>>
>>46169896
Burn the Invictus
>>
>>46169896
Vampire a shit, we Werewolf now.
Gibbous moon a best
>>
>>46169896
Probably not, Anon, Aspel likes this shit and CofD is all about that progressivness
>>
>>46169927
Ugh.... proper link http://podcast.darker-days.org/e/darker-days-radio-episode-69/
>>
>>46169813
>People posting this as a way to discredit feminism have never been in a bad relationship, or even felt social pressure. Or are myopic...
So you posted it?
>>
DaveB gave us new spoilers for Mage 2e and Signs of Sorcery yesterday evening.

Why the hell am I reading about feminism in /wodg/ when we should be discussing Mage?
>>
>>46169896
Vampires suck let's talk about beast. This is now the beast thread.
>>
>>46169951

When you respond and talk about that stuff, you are also participating in the discussion. This shit's a two way street. Just don't.

>>46170034

I really like the commentary about Mage Sight and crossover.
>>
>>46170034
Because this is a CoD thread and Aspel is into this stuff?

Or you know, the people that care about mage aren't on/talking about it right now?
>>
>>46170083
Yeah cause the best thing to do is just ignore the people you disagree with. Fuck that grade-school bullshit.
>>
What mage should I play if i want to play a milf secretary? I was thinking Mastigos
>>
>>46170161

An experienced mage would not be a secretary. She would run the company.
>>
>>46170228
Don't you want to rule from the shadows and have a scapegoat/fucktoy boss that you can blackmail?
>>
>>46170228
She might be a secretary to another mage
>>46170282
the front desk isn't the shadows and there's no reason to rule a company when you could just take their money with a blink or make them slaves with a snap of fingers
>>
>>46170228

Well, depends how much of a shit she gives about the actual company rather than the information it gives them access to.
>>
>>46170110
This quote deserves to be a 4chan banner.
>>
>>46170296

No mage, no less a Mastigos, needs to be a secretary for a company in order to pilfer information the company may have access to.

The "mage milf secretary" seems more like an adolescent fantasy or some equally ridiculous ERP scenario than anything remotely applicable to the actual setting and themes of the game.
>>
>>46170418
What gave it away?
And also what options are available if I bring Mind magic into the bedroom?
>>
>>46170464
Lots of really disgusting BDSM stuff, no doubt.
>>
>>46170464
>what options are available if I bring Mind magic into the bedroom

That would be rape, and it's disturbing.
>>
File: foreplay.png (193 KB, 647x611) Image search: [Google]
foreplay.png
193 KB, 647x611
>>46170480
Oh, if I toss in Life can I add guro into the mix?
>>
>>46170063
But guys, Hunters. Hunters guys. Right?
>>
>>46170517
Well... Yeah, but good luck finding a supernatural/sleepwalker that wants to do that kinda stuff... Oh wait the Daeva are a thing.
>>
>>46170580

Hunters hunting Beasts? Aren't they Heroes?
>>
>>46170228
Where do you even get "experienced mage"? Just because she's a MILF doesn't mean anything. She could be 47 and Awakened last week.

>>46170418
Where do you get that she's a company secretary? She could be the secretary to the Heirarch.

>>46170480
Whipping Boys are Mind/Life, ain't they?

>>46170502
Is it really rape if they want it? Is it really rape if they consent to be mind controlled?
>>
>>46169938
This post approved by your friendly neighborhood gay werewolf

>>46170063
No.
>>
>>46170748
I'm waiting for 2e to come out before I start caring about mage... So yeah, Whipping Bois being mind/life wouldn't suprise me in the least.
>>
>>46170695
No, Hunters are people who are obsessed with hunting the supernatural, but they still think it's fucked up when they kill someone who looks human

Heroes specifically hunt Beasts, and all they care about is killing Beasts for the glory, with no qualms about them being humanoid afaik
>>
>>46170810
http://www.thesubnet.com/portal/cod/mtaw/LegacyWB.html

>>46170837
Some Hunters think it's fucked up. Others think Suffer Not The Witch To Live.
>>
>>46170899
I really don't give a shit about some disgusting BDSM legacy
>>
>>46170748

>She could be 47 and Awakened last week.
Players characters are assumed to be fully trained and competent mages.

>Is it really rape if they want it? Is it really rape if they consent to be mind controlled?

Legally, yes, primarily because it deprives the individual from every changing their mind and saying "no."

In any event, if your goal is ERP or some other adolescent fantasy, you've already effectively disregarded Mage's setting and themes. Ignoring a little bit more, jettisoning ethics entirely or neglecting anything approaching normal human behavior will hardly matter at all.
>>
Mage cannot be released fast enough so that we can discuss it rather than explore the diagnosable sexual pathologies and other psychological maladies of various Anons on /wodg/.

>Is it really rape if they want it? Is it really rape if they consent to be mind controlled?

If there is even a slightest doubt whether something is rape, with or without the added discussion of the ethics and morality of mind control, just assume the suggestion constitutes sexual assault and seek counseling.
>>
Hey man, as long as that weirdo doesn't do it in real life, who cares if he jacks off to the idea of mind controlling someone and 'consensualy' fucking them?
>>
>>46171229
>Players characters are assumed to be fully trained and competent mages.
Fine, she could have Awakened last April.

>Legally, yes
I don't think the law matters here.

Also, how is ERP against Mage's themes and setting? I just linked a BDSM legacy. Master-student relationships are a major aspect of the setting, and being obsessively devoted to something actually leads to magical enlightenment. What normal human behavior is being jettisoned here, in this game of semidivine wizards?

I also don't even see why ethics really matters. Legality isn't the same as morality, and something can be ethically acceptable but not be legally allowed. On the subject of consent, for instance, it shouldn't be considered unethical to have sex with someone who took Ambien and gave you permission to interact with them sexually (and there is also an internet community for such people).

>>46171316
But that means your parents drinking champagne on their anniversary means that anniversary sex is rape. Also:
>Implying we aren't going to have MORE arguments about what is or isn't hubristic/ethical when using magic once Mage is released.
>>
What possible explanations are there for a PC Apostle Mage to Awaken and join the party without the help of a Master?
>>
>>46171461
*Apostate
>>
>>46171407
>I also don't even see why ethics really matters.

Acts of Hubris occasionally correspond with "normal" human morality. In this case, I'm almost certain that subverting the free will of sapient beings is a strike against Wisdom.
>>
>>46169754
>>46171407
>I also don't even see why ethics really matters. Legality isn't the same as morality, and something can be ethically acceptable but not be legally allowed. On the subject of consent, for instance, it shouldn't be considered unethical to have sex with someone who took Ambien and gave you permission to interact with them sexually (and there is also an internet community for such people).
Because it's rape.
>>
>>46171580
It's not rape if they don't say no and they can't say no if they're mind controled!
>>
>>46171512
No they don't.
>>
>>46171640
yes they do
>>
>>46171640
http://theonyxpath.com/sophias-choice-mage-the-awakening/

>Second edition Awakening is distancing the Wisdom trait from morality as an automatic association – many actions that risk Wisdom are also by nature rather immoral (mind controlling someone to get your way and not repairing the damage you’ve done, for example) but mages no longer always risk losing Wisdom for committing mundane crimes – which does not, I should point out, mean that you only risk it for casting spells.

boy if you don't get
>>
>>46171709
So as long as rape-anon fixes whatever he does to the people he 'rapes', it'll be morally fine. Got it.
>>
>>46171461
Your Order has nothing to do with how you Awaken, that's entirely based on your Path.

As for how you join the group, I'd say put your character's life in proximity to that of someone else in the group, and say you ran into each other/realized you were both Mages
>>
>>46171680
Wisdom is not Morality.
>>46171709
>>46171745
The situation that was presented here was not "mind controlling someone to get your way", it was consensually mind controlling someone who gave you their permission.
Even then, with that very example...
>and not repairing the damage you've done.

The other anon is arguing that even if you get consent to mind control someone, it's still rape "legally" (because legally things like wake up blowjobs and long time spouses getting drunk together are rape). I pointed out that legality doesn't have anything to do with ethics, and neither has anything to do with Wisdom. If people are going to get particular, then I'll clarify that doing something unethical doesn't *inherently* mean threatening Wisdom.
>>
File: lets keep going.jpg (111 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
lets keep going.jpg
111 KB, 1058x705
>>46171745
Having my Wisdom lowered just means I can do more fun stuff!
>>
>>46171789
>Wisdom is not Morality.
No one said it was. Don't try to shift goals as if you weren't some babbling idiot.
>>46171512
>Acts of Hubris occasionally correspond with "normal" human morality.
>>
>>46171745
imposing one's will on the world through magick & subverting free will are inherently hubristic acts that will always net a Wisdom degeneration roll.
Some flowers & an apology note from the mage to the person they raped won't fix the damage to either character.
>>
>>46171789
Ivan?
>>
>>46171808
clarification: imposing your will on the world in a damaging & irresponsible way via magick is always a wisdom degeneration, not the imposition of will itself which is uh...the literal definition of magic.
>>
>>46171806
>In this case, I'm almost certain that subverting the free will of sapient beings is a strike against Wisdom.
And by what was quoted, he's wrong. It's only wrong if there's damage done. And I don't think "I want you to mind control me" would even remotely threaten Wisdom unless you did something they wouldn't have wanted you to do.
I mean, this entire thing started with talk of BDSM mages, which is all about giving up power.

>>46171808
>Some flowers & an apology note from the mage to the person they raped won't fix the damage to either character.
Erasing their memory will, though.

>>46171822
No, I was just using his example. Honestly intentionally getting drunk and then having sex when your intention was to have sex while drunk is a much better analogy, and in such a case the partner should not be considered a rapist.
>>
>>46171916
>And I don't think
You could have just stopped right there
>>
Before you guys go further appreciate you're arguing with the guy who's a proponent of pedophilia and his views on morality and even legality are skewed from not experiencing the world outside of the internet since high school. His life experience is based entirely off of forums, anime and 4chan.
>>
>>46171916
>Erasing their memory will, though.

that's even worse! You're going to go mad, you naughty, unwise wizard!
>>
>>46171993
No need to samefag, Rory.
>>
>>46171916
So Rory, how many times have you used a mages magic to do horrible sex things?
>>
File: guillotine.jpg (183 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
guillotine.jpg
183 KB, 550x380
>>46171980
someone should just euthanize this poor fella!
>>
File: 1450543255554.jpg (42 KB, 850x425) Image search: [Google]
1450543255554.jpg
42 KB, 850x425
Mastigos get Space too, rite? Besides sympathetic handjobs, what other uses are available for my character?
>>
>>46171980

>his views on morality and even legality are skewed from not experiencing the world outside of the internet since high school. His life experience is based entirely off of forums, anime and 4chan.

So, your average 4chan user?
>>
>>46171916
>And by what was quoted, he's wrong. It's only wrong if there's damage done. And I don't think "I want you to mind control me" would even remotely threaten Wisdom unless you did something they wouldn't have wanted you to do.

Using the power of the Supernal World for sexual gratification is trivial enough for it to fall under the "using magick for something you could have done yourself" Wisdom sin, I think. Awakening by RAW I think discourages mages from treating magic as a neat toy to be used in everyday life. If you've played Burning Wheel, the magic system in that game is also of the "magic is powerful & the consequences for using it for bullshit are dire" school.
>>
>>46172064

A Ban exactly fitted to their body, plunging them into a perfect sensory deprivation. (Or imperfect, as you might prefer.)

Use Space to plant localized Mind spells so walking through their own home is an erotic adventure.

Make ya dick look twice as big by warping space.
>>
>>46172011
What? I'm the one he was replying to.

>>46171993
No, erasing someone's memory is good for your Wisdom. It means taking care of the consequences and limiting the problems. Tying up loose ends is high Wisdom. Causing loose ends is low Wisdom.

>>46172012
I don't know; maybe I always erase my own mind.

>>46172064
Spying on people. Stealing things. Building a concrete bunker (or sex dungeon I guess) deep in the earth that takes up only the area the size of a pin.

>>46172105
But using magic trivially is only a sin at Wisdom 10. And proper preparation is meant to make magic not-hubristic, which is why the Guardians (who never over Reach) are the most high Wisdom. Plus, like I said, obsessing over something is the path to supernal enlightenment.

Both sex and baseball are canon examples of things that someone can craft the container of their Soul towards.

>>46172130
>Spoiler
That's cheating. But that's what being a wizard is for.
>>
>>46172168
Man, Rory, why don't you use a tripcode or something? It would make things easier for everyone an shit.
>>
File: 1454750048438.jpg (24 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1454750048438.jpg
24 KB, 250x309
>>46168867
>>
Bleh.
Does anyone know of, or have any thoughts on, any cool house rules to give some differentiation to neonates and elders, besides doing things like changing XP Costs? I'm looking for ideas.
>>
..second sight to GMC update when.

Or Sorcerer Translation guide. Whatever.
>>
File: photo.png (99 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
99 KB, 251x251
Could some friendly anon give me the full version of this? I know one of you has it.
>>
>>46169666
>Lancea et Sanctum sexist just because they are vampire Catholics
This meme
>>
>>46172797
Alchemy: External stays the same, but exceptional successes mean the item causes agg damage or acts as a bane. Formalise the enhanced item merit from Mage as something that can be done, as suggested in the alchemy merit. -1 modifier per dot of the arcanum level they're trying to add.

Alchemy: internal is okay, though going above and beyond the human limit seems like an idea. for the two dot version. Maybe be able to 'hang' the ritual transformation into a spirit for a while in exchange for WP and a penalty, as well as being able to see into the twilight with a baby ritual once a day.

Communion is just a shitty way of spending XP to talk to the GM ICly. Countermagic is shit - combine the 2 and 4 dot merits for level 2, make the 4 dot merit an instant ritual instead of a 1 minute thing that can attempt to unweave any effect. Replace ill luck with the more 'extensive' version from sorcerer which has way more customisation. Enchant gets the ability at 4 dots to compel a single service, old 4 dot ability becomes 2. Good Fortune gains a 4 dot version that replicates the bigger effects of that Fate rote from Mage: Ascension, like the current one does the baby version.
>>
>>46172998
But Anon they have to be sexist aginst men since religon! Just like the Crones, as femminists, have to hate men! The Invictus hate the poor an the Carthians hate the rich! And uh... the Dracul hate humans? Fuck if I know, those guys are weeeeeird.
>>
Someone posted a supposedly revised CofD PDF rulebook in the previous thread but I don't see any differences from my own CofD PDF. Even has same pages and file size.
>>
>>46173383
Dos it have rules for soul loss?
>>
>>46173805
The finished book has a much shorter version that consists of one condition. You're better off relying on the set in GMC.
>>
>>46173895
This is their job, how do hey fuck up basic shit like this?
>>
File: All-Santa.jpg (544 KB, 1920x858) Image search: [Google]
All-Santa.jpg
544 KB, 1920x858
>>46173901
>ww/op
>being surprised when they fuck up basic shit
>mfw
>>
Any word on baby mages yet?

Like, vampires have ghouls, werewolves have the wolf-blooded - are the proximi back or gone? Sleepwalkers being able to pick up something new? Any sort of abyssal mysticism for the sleepers to 'uncover' similar to some of the stuff in the night horrors book?
>>
>>46174414
It's sleepwalkers. They can help mages in more then moral support in 2E. They can be able to help in rituals, some others can be yantras.
So while everyone who is supernatural is a sleepwalks, only some are use full to mages. These ones will become the bqby splat for mages.
>>
>>46174414

Proximi are definitely back in 2e.

http://theonyxpath.com/supporting-cast-mage-the-awakening/
>>
Got some interesting zombie stats from Claire Redfield.
http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/the-new-world-of-darkness/599-zombie-creation-system-from-antagonists-updated-to-gmc

Its nice that freelancers and developer have passed the dry spell of nothing new.
Now if only Chris gave us the Rites system.
>>
>>46172810

Here you go, buddy.

<3
>>
>>46172998
But they kind of are. They also hate the gays. And the Jews.
Their schtick is "if Christianity says it's a sin, terrorize someone over it"

>>46174587
>Assault and Battery VI
>Gulf War: Desert Honor
>>
File: dat ass.jpg (87 KB, 827x960) Image search: [Google]
dat ass.jpg
87 KB, 827x960
>>46174612
>>
>>46174612
You're misunderstanding the Sanctum.

Like individual Christians and churchs, they actually decide what they think constitutes sin for them to punish. It can be very by the book or in the spirit, it will vary from congregation to congregation.

Secondarily, absolutely NONE of those Christian limitations apply to them. They have their own set of limitations laid out in the Testament of Longinus, but those don't have anything to do with sexism or homosexuality or anything like that.

The Sanctified are not, as an organization, misogynist with regards to vampires, as the Damned are not the herd. There's numerous examples of women priests and gayness in the other books if you doubt it.

Stop spreading this misunderstanding, it makes you look dumb.
>>
>>46174750
The average mainline traditionalist Sanctified is going to be following Catholic doctrine.

Also, no, they can be gay or whatever. They're vampires, they're already going to Hell. I meant in their tempting and punishing of mortals.
>>
>M20 Gods and Monsters (Mage: the Ascension 20th Anniversary Edition)

Of course, only Mage could get a supplement called Gods because they are the Gods of the setting
>>
>>46174777
>The average mainline traditionalist Sanctified is going to be following Catholic doctrine.

They're following Longinian Doctrine, which as its own weird Christian derivative will inform what sins they see worthy of punishing in the flock.

The important distinction to be made here is that they don't punish according to what the flock believes, the flock doesn't get their input. They punish according to what they believe, and what they believe is in accordance with Longinian doctrine.

Their flock are most often Catholics. That does not necessarily mean they are being punished according to Catholic standards of behavior. They're being punished according to Catholic standards of behavior -as defined by Longinian doctrine- which will likely be different.

Does that sound unfair? Hell yes it does.
>>
>>46174815
I swear I've seen "gay vampire seduces a Catholic, then punishes him for being a sinner" as an example in the book.
>>
>>46174825
I'm not saying you didn't see that in the book, or that it isn't valid. I'm trying to illustrate the potential for a lot of variety in the way Sanctified decide who should be punished for what, because it sounded like you or someone else had the idea that they punish according to some Platonic Ideal of Catholicism.

Their beliefs are just as varied and messy as ours are, if not moreso.
>>
File: awoo.jpg (22 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
awoo.jpg
22 KB, 250x309
>>46172355
>>
>>46174846
I'm not saying you HAVE to be a super Vatican Catholic or whatever to be in the Lance. I'm just saying that they very much lean towards those sort of typical Christian evils, and it's almost less accurate to jump to condemn the stereotype of Sanctified as being conservatives who hold onto mortal prejudice. The Lance also seems to be the largest and most homogenous of Covenants, with branches fingerwagging when they detect heresy. And by fingerwagging, I mean murder.

I mean, Sanctified in San Fran openly allow Acolytes and members of the Livian Heresy to practice, so that any nearby Sanctified from other areas don't look too hard at The Mission's Lance and learn about it's devil worshipping.
>>
File: Setite.png (267 KB, 271x752) Image search: [Google]
Setite.png
267 KB, 271x752
Which VTR clan is best for playing as an Ancient Egyptian Slut?
>>
>>46175813
how do you want to go about your slutting?
>>
>>46175836
Regularly, with an eye towards corrupting others and making them dependent upon these liaisons.
>>
>>46175863
daeva for the sex, seduction, obsession & downward spirals, ventrue for domination & submission yada-yada
>>
>>46175922
Mekhet for being Egyptian. And also stalking people.
>>
>>46176055
>for being Egyptian

Mechanically, how does one optimize for being Egyptian in VTR?
>>
>>46176212
By being an Anubi,a Bak-Ra or a Khaibit.
>>
>>46169666
>Satan getting mad at Catholicism
>>
So CofD, which is worst of the main splat antagonists, and why is it the Strix?
>>
>>46173241
>the Dracul hate humans? Fuck if I know, those guys are weeeeeird.

Their doctrine says they hate god, and want to surpass him. Mostly, though, they are just mad scientists.
>>
>>46176507
In what way worst?
I mean, Idigam are end-bosses for entire stories.
The Strix are more of a street-level problem.
Angels are your personal issue.

They all simply do different things.
>>
>>46176562
How are the Strix street-level? They're incredibly powerful, hard to kill, and when you know they're around they turn every interaction with another vampire--or anything else, for a powerful Strix--into The Thing.
>>
>>46176507
the VII
>they want to kill vampires
>why?
>idunno pick a reason
>>
>>46176591
>How are the Strix street-level? They're incredibly powerful, hard to kill, and when you know they're around they turn every interaction with another vampire--or anything else, for a powerful Strix--into The Thing.
They're not that powerful and pretty easy to kill. They're street level because they require basic observation and investigation to defeat, then fire.

they're much more like the Fallen than the Thing, the body morphing only happens with the most extreme of high level strix
>>
File: laughing_skull.gif (174 KB, 299x240) Image search: [Google]
laughing_skull.gif
174 KB, 299x240
>>46176598
>I don't understand what sandbox means!
>>
>>46176605
Yes, the VAMPIRES will use fire to deal with them. The vampires.
>>
>>46176669
Everything else is fleshed out, If I want a bunch of vampire killing vampires, I can make them myself, and that's something I have to do anyways. VII is just a waste of pagespace if they're not going to flesh them out
>>
>>46176696
Vampires aren't afraid of fire in 2e
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myositis_ossificans

How would you implement this into a Bloodline Weakness?
>>
>>46176726

Yes they are; it's still a bane and, thus, a possible source of frenzy.
>>
>>46176820
fine sure

it's a possible source of frenzy

but it's not like 1e where the sight of fire caused you to run away, and you're still capable of using it like any other tool, and vampires in the modern age have easy access to ways to start fires
>>
>>46176851
>but it's not like 1e where the sight of fire caused you to run away,

Except that's not true either. You got a roll to resist rotshrek just like any other frenzy in 1e. Difficulty 1 for lighting a match, ezpz.
>>
File: TERP.jpg (84 KB, 1420x897) Image search: [Google]
TERP.jpg
84 KB, 1420x897
Current status of my VTM game
>>
>>46177217
looks like standard vtM game
>>
>>46177217

Serves you right
>>
>>46176714

The VII book's pretty good for fleshing out all their options. There's just about enough content for each of the options.
>>
Anyway an Archmaster prevent the soul of a human who will be conceived not to have a shard of the Abyss so that they are born sleepwalker?
>>
Finished watching Mushishi. It truly is a world of darkness. So little happy endings. So many sad and bittersweet tales. How can Ginko stay so high Wisdom with all that's happening?
>>
Is it wrong to play a Mage of is Catholic who attends Sunday Mass regularly with her family and is generally an upstanding individual? As eldest helps with her pregnant mom at home and takes care of her three younger siblings and gives her dad, the town doctor a backrub?
>>
>>46179290
Why should it be?
>>
>>46179317

Because the mages as God themselves and free thinkers, know there is no God
>>
>>46179290
No, no it is not wrong at all, I'll admit I only understood about half of the post, but it still could be good background for an Obrimos methinks.
>>
>>46179340
Right. Only three out of six orders are religious, after all.
>>
Who knows maybe Catholic Mage believes God to be a Suoernal being?
>>
>>46176767
You want vampires' muscles to turn into bone?
>>
>>46179530
For an upcoming game, have a PC who was a devout Catholic before Awakening, and now tries his best to reconcile Catholic dogma with the Mysterium's ideas of magic as a living thing. (i.e. magic is God).
>>
>>46179434
The Seers, the Guardians, and who else?
>>
>>46179641
The Mysterium.
>>
>>46176605
You do know fire reacts differently for Strix, right? Strix aren't hurt by fire simply pushed back by it. They need to be completely surround in fire to DIE.
Also they are immune to fucking every type of damage except aggravated damage, which they then Turn into bashing.
>>
A Pentacle Catholic priest and a Seer Catholic priest meet.....
>>
>>46179783
Oh yes! That'll be a major part of the storyline of the priest I mentioned here: >>46179609
>>
>>46179340
>mages know there is no God
>except for all the Old Gods in the Supernal
>And the Exarchs, and other Ascended Archmasters
>And the Aeons
>And the Astral Gods
>And Rank 6+ Spirits
>And, if they're Mysterium, Magic itself
>Not even mentioning the God-Machine, or the Principle, or the Crone, or any other Gods the average Mage doesn't know about.

The only sense in which a Mage "knows there is no God" is in the sense that they "know there is no God, singular, because there are lots of things that qualify".
>>
>>46179783

One uses Catholicism as a smoke screen to prevent worship of the True God, The Father, and the other uses Catholicism as either a test, a preparation, a means to gain access to hidden occult mysteries, a means of defense or a celebration of the wonders of Sleeper worship.

Either way, things are going to get pretty ugly at the Friday fish fry.

>>46179290

There are no "wrong" concepts, only concepts that don't fit with the themes or aesthetics of the campaign being run. You're fine.
>>
>>46179982
Well, none of them are Yahweh, definitely.
>>
>>46180008
How do you know?
>>
>>46180008

Wouldn't He exist in the Astral, though, or maybe even The Shadow? Probably both at the same time.
>>
>>46180047
The Father in the Supernal also qualifies, being the symbol of religious patriarchy.
>>
>>46180075

Good point. Traditional gods probably have multidimensional existences in multiple realms depending on their aspects. I do wonder if it's more fun to have those be separate beings, or all integrated together as some kind of cosmic hive-mind being. The fact that The Father would be in these beings like a kind of cancer (or even a heart or brain) would be an added bonus.
>>
>>46180075
The Father is nothing but a man with delusions of grandeur, sitting on the throne of his betters.
>>
>>46179984
To be fair to the Pentacle Priest, there are plenty of Pentacle Mages who are legitimately devout - they may not believe in strict Catholic dogma anymore, but that doesn't stop them from following more esoteric interpretations of divinity.

I know there's a mention in at least one 1e book of how many theologically inclined Mages take a sort of Gnostic view, where the Supernal is the mechanism by which God enacts his will, and that God himself resides somewhere "above" the Supernal and is the source of the "Raw existence" and "raw meaning" that the supernal shapes into symbols and objects.
>>
File: Norse Gods.jpg (626 KB, 1184x1131) Image search: [Google]
Norse Gods.jpg
626 KB, 1184x1131
>>46180111
Speaking of that, I threw up a forum post on OPP some ages ago, regarding just the Norse gods. Relevant?
>>
>>46180238
We might learn something about the Norse god in the werewolf/geist crossover. After all one of the first born is well known from Vikings lore.
>>
>>46180238
Cool shit - I love interpreting things into CofD's metaphysics in multifaceted ways like that.

In fact, I might steal some of that history for my Norse VtR Circle of the Crone bloodline, thanks.
>>
>>46180504
You have a norse requiem bloodline, for the circle of crones?
Could you share that I was going to create own for my chronicle but I would love to see your work.
>>
>>46180504
Please do!

>>46180487
Yeah. This was in the time around that being mentioned, I think...

Also, two of the first-born are from old Scandinavian myth. Fenris-ur and Skolis-ur (Fenrir and Skoll)
>>
>>46180543
Never knew that Skolis-Ur was
Skoll. We that just go to show I'm not the biggest werewolf fan around.
>>
>>46180541
>norse requiem bloodline, for the circle of crones?
Gangrel Einherjar?
>>
>>46180541
Sure, I'll post it in like an hour when I'm back at a PC, posting from my phone atm.
>>
>>46180649
Took me embarassingly long to piece together as well.
But seriously. Named Skolis, and hates the moon? It should've been obvious.
>>
>>46179164
Not yet. There's one in Imperial Mysteries who is trying to create them in such a way that they were never exposed to the abyss, to breed a new race of humans to supplant the old. He's going to bring them over in his chantry.

Theoretically one concieved, developed and born in a demesne might manage it.
>>
>>46178883
>>46177404
He posted this before I finished drawing the suicide bomb vest and the isis flag on the guy, and the belgian flag on the girl
>>
Make a Lancea Sanctum group obsessed with a truly holy priest manifesting powers sent from god Himself. Have the characters investigate.

Dude is manifesting powers, and they're from something, just the powers are the Rites in Reality Horrors of Second Sight. I wish Summoners pact system had more of that.
>>
>>46180008
>>46180047
Yahweh probably exists as a Rank 6+ Spirit in the Shadow
>>
>>46180935
As a spirit of what?

I find it unlikely. An Astral entity? Sure, but not a Spirit.
>>
>>46180935
Gives a whole new meaning to "Claimed by the Holy Spirit", doesn't it?
>>
>>46180962
Like the Patriarch from Apocalypse, the spirit of hierarchical exclusionary religion.
>>
Rank 6 plus influences must be wild.
>>
>>46181035
Who is that?

Anyhow, I can't see that getting that much Essence without getting swamped by other resonances and themes.

>>46181042
Fairly, yes. Read Imperial Mysteries if you want to find out.
>>
>>46180962
>>46180935
If Yahweh exists in the chronicles of darkness he should be above the supernal world. After all if the principle is theorized to be above the supernal because it can create souls, just think just how above God is.
While he does have Rank 6+ astral representation in the well astral thats not him just what people think is him.
>>
>>46181042

The mechanics for Rank 6+ Influences are detailed in Imperial Mysteries.
>>
>>46181104
Got a page number?
>>
>>46181082
Well... the spirit of hierarchical exclusionary religion. He's the Weaver's second most powerful subordinate, after the Machine.
>>
>>46181256
No, but it's at the very start of chapter 3.
>>
>>46181288
Ah. Werewolf: the Apocalypse. Yeah. I should've understood that. Never mind, it's me who is an idiot.
>>
>>46179767
>You do know fire reacts differently for Strix, right? Strix aren't hurt by fire simply pushed back by it. They need to be completely surround in fire to DIE.
Entirely aware, which is why your ability to think carefully about fire is an advantage as a vampire against a strix.
>>
>>46181298
Oh. Just archmasters. Fair enough. Departs from influences prior to that level a little.
>>
>>46181298
>>46181256

pp. 55-56.
>>
>>46181567
Fair enough.
>>
File: VolurBloodline.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
VolurBloodline.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46180541
Here's the bloodline. It's based on the traditional Norse Volur, who were wandering seers and wise women in old Scandinavia.

It's still a work in progress - I intend to give them more background and a better explanation of where they fit in the modern Circle of the Crone (they're only loosely affiliated since they rarely join any particular cult, but are highly regarded by those Cults that know of them) as well as a few more Devotions (some kind of curse that can be levied on people who refuse to pay the price of their advice, and possibly some other utility powers). I want their "Gift" to be a very diverse selection of potential practical skills, representing the centuries of Volur inventing and sharing simple but effective Devotions.

Tell me what you think, I'm still working on it so I welcome criticism.
>>
That one Thrysus who gives you akward boners because of her strange oblations requiring her to be "natural"
>>
>>46181570
Actually, on that note: Aside from Beast Magic from changing breeds, proximi and rank 6+ spirits, who else is pointed at Mage magic and told "pick X, X and X"?
>>
>>46181670
Yeah. But then she jumps you and tries to tear out your jugular with her teeth.

The struggle is the important part of the oblation.
>>
>>46181670
Boners are part of the Thyrsus sphere of influence; it'll be rare to meet one who'll find it awkward.
>>
Any good Legacies for a Moros? I haven't picked an Order yet but I'm leaning towards Mysterium or Free Council.
>>
>>46181784
That's a really bad question.

What do you want to do with the character?
>>
Hey mages if god's not real, how come the Malleus Maleficarum has the power to smite everything?
>>
>>46181879
Eh. It's just Christianity-flavoured ritual magic.
>>
>>46181865
Just find out more about ghosts and other undead supernatural and shit. :/
>>
>>46181958
Honestly, just "curious about undead" is not much to go on.
Tell us more about your character.
>>
>>46181740
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pusZXECS0mM
>>
>>46176767
Cap their physical attribute dots, with the limit getting worse over time / with Potency / with lowered Humanity
>>
Are there any written adventures for investigating mysteries in small towns? Mysterious Places has a setting for a small-town-with-a-secret, but no real meat and bones on it. Any source books that have actual plotted out stories in them, like Urban Legends?
>>
Silent Hill is some Mastigos playground right?
>>
>>46182402

You might have to turn to the SAS adventures, though none of them are quite what you're looking for.
>>
>>46182434

Silent Hill is pretty good inspiration for a lot of things. The Astral, Pandaemonium, the Shadow...
>>
>>46182200
Now that you mention it, it is rather arousing.
>>
>>46182561
The Abyss.
>>
>>46182276
So your objective before your body ossifies to the point where you cannot move is to get enough people ghouled that they can maintain you, right?

Dominate would be really, really useful for this bloodline. Though they may need a Discipline that lets them feed their ghouls when they are a statue as well.

I think maybe the ossification should get worse as Blood Potency increases.
>>
>>46181879
the guy who wrote the bible stole some of it from seeing people use magicks
>>
>>46182860
How could he have done though? If he was a Sleeper, than Quiescence would have happened.
>>
>>46182891
Not all "magic" is Supernal Magic, duh.
>>
>>46182920
Fair enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTHMxBttlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tVTEyuCKn4
>>
>>46182959
Sorry about the about the first link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxyOTFQFWQ0
>>
>>46182920
What are the possible explanations about the origin of the powers of the MM? I remember that in the books it says nothing
>>
>>46183051
Stolen from the Lancea Sanctum
>>
>>46183065
Yes but Benedictions and Theban Sorcery are really different, and it isn't blood sorcery like the Rites of Denial
>>
>>46176562
'Worst' as in shitty. Their motivations and goals have all the depth of a sidewalk puddle, and their mechanics make them incredibly *unfun* to deal with for players. You could outright replace them wholesale with generic spirits of cruelty/malice, and nothing of value would be lost. That is what makes them the shittiest main splat antagonists*.

*Barring Heroes, but we don't talk about Beast.
>>
>>46183088
>Yes but Benedictions and Theban Sorcery are really different, and it isn't blood sorcery like the Rites of Denial
They really aren't
They both are powered by Willpower and get bonuses for high Morality
>>
>>46182561
I always thought Silent Hill was what happened when an entire town was swallowed by a Wound. Or maybe an exceptionally large and potent Abyssal Intrusion.
>>
>>46182561
>>46183310
I personally like to imagine it as an example of Infrastructure gone wrong/fallen into disrepair.
>>
>>46183310
I suspect that an Annunaki incursion will have quite similar effects.
>>
Silent Hill is just an ordinary town to normal well adusted people
>>
File: hfdst5.gif (931 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
hfdst5.gif
931 KB, 500x313
>>46173169
>>46176820
>bane
>>
>>46183469
Away with you.
>>
File: supernova.gif (5 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
supernova.gif
5 MB, 1280x720
>talking about frenzy being a loss condition
And it's a loss condition because frenzies are 90% avoidable. Unless someone is using powers like Animalism 4 on you, or someone is particularly cruel for basically no reason and tries to humiliate you just for fun, frenzies are totally within your grasp to stop. You can just not get hungry. Major source of frenzy closed. Avoid fire and sunlight--again, duh. Don't let your friends/lovers get hurt. Don't cause waves such that people target you for mockery and humiliation. Don't screw up so that your superior insults you. Don't screw up so badly that your inferior does. And when all else fails, roll Resolve + Composure, so, you know, have a bunch of dice in that pool. The sources of provocation are mostly in your hands--so when you frenzy, it's because you blew it.

I know people like this play here, so I have to ask what the fuck do your vampires do in your games? Wake up Friday night, pay bills, play Bingo at a retirement home then go to sleep until next friday?
>>
>>46183628
>Away with you.

Does a boiled cranium count as a fire bane?
>>
>>46175813
>that pic

Dayyum!
>>
>>46183469

Has anyone ever given the True Friend merit to an NPC who was a Mercenary?
>>
>>46183982
I just checked my files and no, it's never happened.
>>
>>46183982

Well, I used the "large body" merit once... or is that a flaw?
>>
Hopefully we'll get some books this week. Dark Eras and the Pack specifically.

Haven't been around in a while, is everyone still playing? If you're not, why don't you hook up with some others in the thread and get a game going together?
>>
File: greek hunter versus angel.webm (3 MB, 516x276) Image search: [Google]
greek hunter versus angel.webm
3 MB, 516x276
>>46184106
Forgot this. Also completely forgot if we got Book of Judges Hunter.

Anyone know what Hunter got in Dark Eras?
>>
>>46183982
>Has anyone ever given the True Friend merit to an NPC who was a Mercenary?

Uh... you don't get to bring friends.
>>
>>46170161
>What mage should I play if i want to play a milf secretary? I was thinking Mastigos
Join the Sisterhood of the Blessed. They're designed for this kind of thing.
>>
>>46184150

I think Book of Judges Hunter lost out to Viking Werewolves.
>>
>>46175813
I think the Mekhet have a lot of implied Egyptian background.

Some Daeva claim descent from Ishtar, but that's Babylonian. They do have the slut thing down, though.
>>
>>46179290
A Mage who's still very much invested in their Sleeper faith fits right in with the Free Council. They're both the new-age technomagic Order AND the old Sleeper traditions order.

You can even buy the Techne merit to work your Catholicism into your spellcasting.

Also, lots of Mages stay religious after their Awakenings - Pandemonium is often interpreted in religious terms (a good Catholic would probably immediately recognize it as Purgatory - a place of tribulation and suffering intended to bring purity and improvement), and many Obrimoi experience the Aether as being in the presence of God.
>>
>>46180935
In the Shadow?

No, he'd be in the Temenos, if anywhere, if you're assuming He's not real.

Multiple versions of him even, including the "Canaanite War God" one.
>>
>>46184629
If it exists as a concept in the world it exists as a spirit in the shadow. There would totally be a Yahweh there.
>>
>>46182434
The one in Silent Hill 2 could very well be a Verge to a Pandemonic Emanation Realm of Guilt, yeah.
>>
>>46179290
One of the PC's mentors in Daves AP was a Catholic priest
>>
>>46184656

There's a Yahweh in the Shadow if only because that Essence from prayer has to go SOMEWHERE.
>>
>>46184656

If it exists as a PHYSICAL concept in the world; something that can resonate. Bears have spirits. Love has spirits. Faith has spirits. Gods don't have spirits, because that would be like having bear spirits that are Smokey the Bear.

Yahweh exists in the Temenos, because it's an "idea," same as Ares (separately from a War Spirit, which would be in the Shadow) or Athena (same, Knowledge Spirits != knowledge gods).
>>
File: 1424212748066.png (1 MB, 1508x1957) Image search: [Google]
1424212748066.png
1 MB, 1508x1957
>>46184745
>Gods don't have spirits, because that would be like having bear spirits that are Smokey the Bear.
Smokey probably isn't widespread enough. Also, you're wrong.

I think it's funny how you think love and faith is a physical concept but gods aren't
>>
>>46180910
Or, even better, it's amalleus maleficarum subsect. They use legitimate miracles as well, after all.
>>
>>46184827
>pic
There's a massive difference between "a powerful exists and is worshiped as a god because of that" and "a spirit exists whose entire domain is Being A Particular God."

The Thunderer's domain isn't "being Thor," it's STORMS. Storm Essence gathered into a massive and powerful spirit that was, THEN, worshiped as a god. People didn't invent The Thunderer as an idea and then worship the idea until a spirit came out.

>Smokey probably isn't widespread enough.
Smokey is most certainly widespread enough to have a spirit, if ideas so particular and human COULD have spirits.

>I think it's funny how you think love and faith is a physical concept but gods aren't
Love and faith are physical because they literally physically exist in the brain. Ares, the idea, is too particular to have that same existence. Ares can no more spawn a spirit than your memory of a particular day.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.