[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hhg/ horus heresy gen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1458419421924.png (787 KB, 818x546) Image search: [Google]
1458419421924.png
787 KB, 818x546
Konrad did something wrong edition

prev >>46118360

HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf
or
https://kat.cr/the-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html

HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Isstvan Campaign Legions: http://www.mediafire.com/download/deadtdf0y47k59k/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
>>
File: hhg wat autist r u.png (163 KB, 2457x3441) Image search: [Google]
hhg wat autist r u.png
163 KB, 2457x3441
inspired by >>46119373
>>
File: Fixed.jpg (235 KB, 1000x908) Image search: [Google]
Fixed.jpg
235 KB, 1000x908
>>46142205
>>
So does anyone know if there's an up to date folder of the 30k black library books anywhere? The one in the OP only has audiobooks
>>
File: 1456165368997.png (48 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
1456165368997.png
48 KB, 192x192
>>46142205
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 292x257
>>46142205
Simply beautiful, Anon. My sides thank you.
>>
>>46142205
>loyalist
>Dark Angels
Kek
>>
File: Cc_kane_shot.jpg (82 KB, 504x577) Image search: [Google]
Cc_kane_shot.jpg
82 KB, 504x577
>>46142371
>>46142552
thanks anon
>>
File: A and B.png (14 KB, 662x467) Image search: [Google]
A and B.png
14 KB, 662x467
Because we had so much fun arguing about chainaxes, I have a question about two pieces of wargear:

>Do rad grenades effect toughness during overwatch fire

>Do augury scanners let any units that have them shoot units that deep strike in another augury scanners no touching zone, but not there own

For that second question refer to pic related, black dot is a deep striking enemy unit, red circles are augury range, blue circles shooting range, can B shoot the dot?
>>
File: pad.jpg (7 KB, 216x198) Image search: [Google]
pad.jpg
7 KB, 216x198
I never played 30k and built a fluff-focused Dark Angel list around the BaC box with tanks (and Cypher).
I hate the Praetor because he does not fit into the LR and would be cooler with Terranic Greatsword. Would it be better to ditch him and run his command squad as Terminators instead?
There is no Fast Attack but most batreps run w/o 30k bikes.
Suggestions for 1500-2000 point games?

+++ Dark Angels 30k (1972pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (1972pts) ++

+ HQ (872pts) +

Legion Centurion (110pts) [Artificer Armour, Plasma Pistol]
····Consul [Chaplain]

Legion Centurion (125pts) [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol]
····Consul [Lord Cypher - Moritat]

Legion Praetor (637pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Chainfist, Combi-Weapon, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Mastercraft a Single Weapon]
····Legion Terminator Command Squad [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 3x Chainfist, Land Raider Phobos, 2x Legion Space Marine Chosen, Plasma Blaster]

+ Troops (660pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (230pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Calibanite War Blade, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [9x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
····Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Calibanite War Blade, Melta Bombs]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (235pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 4x Legion Space Marines, Plasma Repeaters]

+ Elites (195pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (195pts)
····Legion Contemptor Dreadnought [Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon, Molecular Acid Shells]

+ Heavy Support (245pts) +

Legion Heavy Support Squad (245pts) [Flak Missiles, Hardened Armour, 4x Legion Space Marines, Missile Launchers]
····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour]
>>
>Autek Mor and Kyr Vhalen tag team match
Discuss.
>>
>>46142940
Horus shits himself and takes the entire traitor host with him to Andromeda
>>
>>46142205

Now I know why I hate everyone so much. I'm actually a Black Shield.
>>
>>46143034
I'm now curious on the final fate of Autek. Do you think he made it to the Siege of Terra? Wait he was the first chapter master of the Red Talons of course he survived. Now the tag team match is more likely when you remeber that some of Kyr's crew was on Terra during the Siege.
>>
>>46142297
Epistolary on KAT.
>>
>>46143218
Doesn't seem like him to just sit around during a war, he most likely kept raiding till the end.
But how do you top wiping out a legion's homeworld and eliminating their genestock and future?
Hell, even Russ refused to do that
>>
>>46143178
What will we name our newly founded band then, matey?
>>
>>46143262
>war, he most likely kept raiding till the end.
I can see that now.
>But how do you top wiping out a legion's homeworld and eliminating their genestock and future
Bodt was their primary mustering site but yeah I get you.
>How do you top it?
By becoming a thorn in the Warmaster's side proving treacherous flesh is the weakest flesh?
>>
>>46143391
>By becoming a thorn in the Warmaster's side proving treacherous flesh is the weakest flesh?
He was already this, but I'm saying that destroying Bodt most likely changed the course of the war.
He's likely the most accomplished non-primarch or first captain space marine of the horus heresy
>>
>>46142863
>Do rad grenades effect toughness during overwatch fire
Absolutely yes. It specifically says "for the entire phase"

>Do augury scanners let any units that have them shoot units that deep strike in another augury scanners no touching zone, but not there own
Remember that the ranges is measured from the model with the scanner, not the whole unit, and because it says 'this range', it applies only to the unit with the scanner within range of the enemy in question. It isn't some kind of blanket Interceptor-granting wargear.

So in your example, no; only unit A could shoot.
>>
>>46143438
>He was already this, but I'm saying that destroying Bodt most likely changed the course of the war.
It ruined the World Eaters's future not that they had much of one left anyway. I'm sure Angron didn't care much until Khârn put it in terms Angry Ron would understand better.
>>
>>46143517
It stopped the super fast processes that were making so many WE marines.
>>
>>46142205
>hate space marines
>still making an SW legion with loving devotion

Oh god, it's true!
>>
>>46143544
Weren't they also stronk as nails too? Memories of battles they never fought in and thinking themselves as veterans of said battles?
>>
>>46143600
Yeah the traitors would have been steamrolling terra in no time with them
>>
>>46143621
But why give them to the WEs? Were they the test dummies for that experiment?
>>
>>46143647
Shock troops
>>
>>46143722
Distraction carnifex? Just a legion full of distraction Carnifexes on steroids?
>>
New legionary here: Who has the 'best' tactical squads regarding base stats and 'buffability'. I just really love boltguns and overwhelming firepower.

My obvious option is Imperial Fists, but I was looking into a number of others: Sillymanders, Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, etc. But I'm looking for new opinions on fun ways to use tacticals wel (raven guard infiltrating tacticals to blow stuff up from all sides)?

I've gotten my hands on a stock Spartan and Sicaran because I like tanks, and I know they'll be useful to my future legion, but I don't want to flood the board with tanks. Hence more infantry.
>>
>>46144187
>overwhelming firepower
>overwhelming
>firepower
Hammer of Olympia Iron Warriors.
>>
>>46144187
Blood Angels with megadakka
>>
>>46144187
IMO Raven guard/alpha legion have the most fun tactical squads, especially veterans.

The best despoilers probably go to EC or DA.

The best just generic tacticals IMO are either imperial fists or iron hands, due to their ability to weather other tactical squads.
>>
>>46144187
Night Lords can have fun with terror squads and volkite weapons
>>
>>46144299
Question about despoilers: Are despoilers both classed as the Boltgun+ccw Tacs or are they only the ccw Tacs? Always wondered.
>>
>>46144187

For tacs

>IW for rapid fire then charge and not giving a shit about dieding
>DG for fucking rad grenades and not afraiding of anything
>DA for that +1 to wound on boltguns and +1 to hit with chainswords
>IH for being really fucking tough and wanting to talk in an Adam Jencen voice
>IF for BS 5 RENDING SNIPER MAHREENS
>SoH for +1 BS at 12"
>BA for +1 to wound on all melee attacks

For overwhelming fire power

>IW for Havoks and tyrants
>DG for scoring heavy weapon squads as troops
>IF for heavy weapon squads with tank hunters
>IH for T5 heavy weapon squads, T6 attack bikes & T8 rapiers and robots
>BA for megadakka-assault-cannon-holocaust 2016 (tm)
>>
>>46144378
Unfortunately I don't know, though I always assumed it was bolter +ccw, not just ccw boys. Can't cite that though
>>
>>46144378

Despoilers are Bolt pistol + ccw tacs, anything else and its a tac squad + ccw
>>
>>46144657
Where did you read that? I'm not questioning you, just want to read the distinction
>>
What's the best way to use Vigil Opertii ROW to make an army of nothing but pure operators? And I guess while were at it does anyone have any cool pictures of operator ultramarines for inspiration?
>>
File: 1430368146207.jpg (143 KB, 777x800) Image search: [Google]
1430368146207.jpg
143 KB, 777x800
>>46144714
>cool pictures
>ultramarines
>>
>>46144708

In the SoH fluff section in HH1, under units and formations they mention that despoilers where tacs carry additional CCW and on the FW site "Despoiler Squads" carry CCW + Bolt pistol

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-CA/Legion-MKIII-Despoiler-Squad
>>
>>46144809

pls anon I want to do black thunderhawk down
>>
Is there a term for deploying a force solely to sow chaos with the only order being "Fuck shit up"?
>>
>>46145261
Night Lords and Alpha Legion.
>>
>>46145343
No, I'm looking for a militarish term to describe this sort of thing. I'm writing fluff for a NL squad that's deemed too unpredictable for anything else by the company high command.
>>
>>46145261
insurgency

like what isis is doing in germany :^)
>>
C&C for my simple 1500 points of EC Traitors (III company Elites) based on the long rumored changes in the new redbook, pardon the formatting
+ HQ (205pts) +
Lord Commander Eidolon (205pts) [Jump Pack]
••Master of the Legion [3rd Company Elite]

+ Elites (540pts) +
Apothecarion Detachment (110pts)
2X ••Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour]

2X Palatine Blade Squad (215pts) [Jump packs, 4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Power Sword]
••Palatine Prefector [Melta Bombs, Power Sword]

+ Troops (530pts) +
2X The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children (265pts) [9x Chora]
••Orchestrator [Artificer Armour, Power Weapon]

+ Fast Attack (225pts) +
Xiphon Interceptor (225pts) [Armoured Cockpit, Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries]
Apothecaries go with the Kakophanies, Eidolon goes with one of the palatines.
Fairly new at this, coming from Tau in 40k and wanted something with some assault and less overpowered bullshit and was directed to these fabulous icons of perfection, so any advice is much appreciated.
>>
>>46145404
Fifth column?
>>
>>46145882
Only 33 models at 1500 could be a problem, and the Xiphon is a bit fragile, other than that you seam to be using some of the best unique units for EC.
Overall I like the feel of it, next logical step would be Sicarians seeing as you lack and real anti tank, sure the Xiphon works(if it lives), and you have a lot of S6, but a AV14 wall with any AA will be a real problem for you.
>>
>>46145261
Terror and Awe/Long Term Disruption Operations. Also guerrilla warfare and insurgency.
>>
>>46146214
Does the harrowing term that FW uses mean a similar thing?
>>
>>46146252
harrowing isnt a real military term its just some goofy shit gw is obsessed with like penelopy of war
>>
>>46146280
I know but I was just thinking if I should just use that since it's already mentioned in FW fluff.
>>
The fluff for my Bangle successor chapter is they were the Legion's second company. Is this okay or should I wait until more information on the IXth legion is released by Forge World?
>>
>>46146280
I think they mean harry (like the harrying of the north) but thought harrowing sounded cooler
>>
>>46146326
Second company is pretty important, and will probably be fluffed out.
Go with someone down the totem pole
>>
>>46146359
3rd or fourth?
>>
>>46146385
I'd rather use something like 102nd company
>>
File: image.jpg (241 KB, 400x594) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241 KB, 400x594
Hey guys weird question, me and my mates are doing a 40k campaign battle soon, and I can't use my EC (because... well 40k) so I was wondering if any of you elegan/tg/entlemen knew what chapter tactics would most match EC in 40k?

I quite like the fighting style of EC.

Also FW chapter tactics are fine too (obviously).
>>
>>46146385
3rd sounds like a nice and round number.
What's the fluff about your chapter?
>>
>>46146424
Executioners?
>>
>>46146424
Blood Angels for dedicated master swordsmen, going fast [they master blitzkrieg warfare out of 40k] and +1 initiative on the charge.
>>
>>46146424

This depends heavily on which Rite of War or style of EC you use.

Generally the dueling aspect of their original set of rules is best matched by Executioners or perhaps Black Templars. Fluff-wise Red Scorpions would be their match. Aesthetic wise, Blood Angels have the most similar and ornate look.
>>
>>46142205
This is infinitely better then >>46142233

How does some random internet shmuck No offence, anon. create a better legion choosing guide then the official FW team?

Black Library, sure. I could see that. They're a bunch of hacks anyway.
But Forgeworld? Those glorious paragons of story telling that have brought us a proper heresy. How does it happen?
>>
>>46146766
>How does some random internet shmuck No offence, anon. create a better legion choosing guide then the official FW team?

1. Because that chart was created by employees at FW who manage the Facebook page and not the actual FW team.

2. Because he had the original flowchart to work off of and improve on rather than making it from scratch.

It's kind of easy to make something better if you already have a complete product and simply make improvements on it.
>>
>>46146766
what was fws one?
>>
>>46146536
>>46146539
>>46146664
I was googling all the stuff you said and apparently the Red Scorpions have these spears they can buy that give them plus 2 strength and AP 2 on the charge.

Muh God. Why haven't I heard of these guys before???
>>
Does the LA (Imperial Fists) bonus to shooting bolt weapons apply to Legion Inductee Castellax and their Mauler Bolt Cannons?

Does a squad with Scout inside a Rhino or LR scout 6" or 12"?
>>
>>46146409
I'll keep that in mind.
>>46146439
Techincally a 3rd Founding Chapter the Frenzied Scions were Blood Angels who didn't want to believe their beloved Primarch died. They wouldn't believe it even if they seen Sangunius's corpse, and in their grief coped with the idea he was merely sleeping. This ended during Sanguinius's funeral when a WAAGGH attacked Baal and the Orks dared to get close to the body of the dead Primarch. The future Frenzied Scions moved past denial and depression as they moved into anger and continued to chase after the Orks even as the greenskins retreated from the Baal system.

They didn't stop until the Orks were dead at the edge of the galaxy near the Ghoul Stars, and exterminated any unaffiliated Orks that were unfortunate to cross their path. When the original Orks were dead did the Scions realize that they went overboard. The return to Baal was a slow one as the hunt for the Orks had taken a number on the Scions' fleet, and by the time they returned it was time for the 3rd Founding.

The obsession with murdering Orks has brought forth a slight boon for the Scions's geneseed. The consumption of Ork blood seems to ward off the affects of the curses of the Blood Angels geneseed more so than any other race's blood for the Frenzied Scions.

How am I doing so far?
>>
>>46146887

Red Scorpions are literally the Ultramarines of Forge World. I guess with all the HH stuff they haven't gotten much stuff lately but they did get a recent IA.
>>
>>46146917
Hmm, doesn't sound very fluffy.
Don't mean to give advice, but how about this
>company sent to the edges of galaxy during Great Crusade
>isolated during heresy by warp storms, find out about it only after Sanguinus is dead
>as they return to baal for the funeral, they're attacked by ork pirates who mock them for having a "weak 'umie warboss"
>get mad and chase them to the ghoul stars
>rest of your fluff stays as it is
>>
So is there any way whatsoever to run a single Imperial Knight as a legion? I've heard of the LoW rules regarding 40k equivalents being used for running a knight, but that doesn't sound right to me. The closest thing I can see is running an allied detachment with at least 2.
>>
>>46146913
Also isn't Tartarus pattern armour really good since you can Run, Sweeping Advance, Overwatch and all that happens is you traded down your 4++ for a 5+++?
>>
>>46146913
That'd be cool, but read the rules. It specifically says "boltguns, bolt pistols, heavy bolters, and quad heavy bolters."
>>
>>46146913
That'd be cool, but read the rules. Disciplined Fire lists off the specific weapons it applies to
>>
>>46147011
I'll take that. Thanks, Anon. Maybe a few marines from the Siege could join the Ork hunt. I should probably just use Moriarts for that.
>sent to the edges of the galaxy
Would they still feel the psychic imprint Horus left when he killed Sanguinius in the way the BAs on Terra felt it or would it be like hearing a whisper in the wind to them?
>>
>edition
YOU did something wrong, OP.
>>
>>46147147
Maybe the original ones didn't feel it, but they would have used main BA geneseed during the founding which is where the rage would come from
>>
File: 1448391019973.png (28 KB, 217x253) Image search: [Google]
1448391019973.png
28 KB, 217x253
>>46147169
I was wondering how long it would take for you to show up
>>
What is a good, generic all-rounder option for a fast unit that isn't a flyer? I'm leaning towards outriders but most of the model alternatives don't really speak to me.

Want to supplement my sluggish IW with something mobile, and having a hard time making up my mind. Best I can do right now is just loading stuff up in Rhinos.
>>
>>46147202
Figured so. Other fluff includes trying to reclaim a wreckage of a battle barge and the corpse of the first chapter master from an Exodite world. The space elves seem to be keen on keeping anything that falls on their planet and has the backing of a Craftworld.
>>
>>46146958
>recent IA
lol
>only feature in three books, two of which are different volumes of the same campaign
>of those books, two of them are two of only three pre-6th-edition IAs that haven't been updated for 6th/7th
>the one that was updated was the second-oldest campaign book ever, and actually had less content and units in it than when it was originally released
>rumors of a new book including Red Scorpions and Admech vs Tau have not had one single material detail (besides factions involved) leaked/revealed yet, indicating it's still a long way off.
>>
>>46147369
There have been pictures of a diorama showing the Tau getting wrecked beyond wrecked by the AdMech alone.
>>
>>46147306
Sounds good.
Maybe include blood vengeance against a specific company on the traitor side
>>
>>46147369
>>the one that was updated was the second-oldest campaign book ever, and actually had less content and units in it than when it was originally released

It's still a recent update.
>>
>>46142205
Why not just roll dubs?
>>
>>46147533
winner winner chicken dinner
>>
>>46147461
Gotcha.
>specific company
First company of the Sons of Horus.
>>46147533
Because we're tired of chicken diners.
>>
>>46147588
>First company of the Sons of Horus
Oh come on, do you expect a line company to have a rivalship with the justaerin?
Something less grand, maybe?
>>
>>46147638
To be fair it could be a one-sided rivalry.
>You killed our captain and 1/3rd of our company
>Oh that's cool
>>
>>46147718
May the captains were bros before the heresy?
>>
>>46147750
I mean if you take a more generic SoH company as a rival.
>>
>>46147638
Sorry. My stomach is messing with me and the chicken is giving me a headache. How about 75th company?
>>46147750
It was this. A Captian and a Justerian knew each other and were pretty tight.
>>
>>46147718

For you, it was the greatest day of your life.

For me...it was Tuesday.
>>
>>46147851
That really is a terrific line that belonged in a film way beyond Street Fighters caliber.
>>
>>46147251

any of the bikes, dick outrider or attack

Attack seem pretty decent for IW, fast anti-armour units with meltas ranging off to the flanks of an attack column
>>
>>46147511
>It's still a recent update.

>2014
>Same month as Waaagh! Ghazghkull which has since been updated
>Three full Horus Heresy books from Forge World since then
>Older than every other 7th edition book except for the main rulebook and the base Orks codex (and the Sanctus Reach campaign if you care)
>Culln isn't even a chapter master yet in this book, some of the content in there may not be applicable to 'standard' Red Scorpions armies.
>>
>>46147773
you can combine both ideas, have it be marines from the 75th company who were taken over by a justaerin during the long millenia between HH and the current setting.
Are you going to be fluffing them as well?
>>
>>46148112

Considering how slow FW releases things, and the breakneck speed of modern GW releases (which you must then halve due to AoS releases), 2014 is considered recent. It was a 7E release.
>>
>>46148112

The last "new" IA was 12, so you're a retard. The only other argument to make would be "there have been no recent IA releases, period" going by your criterion. Many of which are completely irrelevant, like comparing an IA to Ghazghkull or the campaign timeline of the release.
>>
>>46147916
street fighter is the greatest film of our generation
>>
File: 95c.jpg (60 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
95c.jpg
60 KB, 387x580
>>46148211
*ahem*
>>
>>46146424
I've seen EC represented very well with the white scars chapter tactics.

Not only are they one of the best chapter tactics but you get Hit N Run, skillful bikes and Khan can be an ok duelist.
>>
>>46148331
that's not a movie, it's a spiritual journey
>>
File: dscf2005.jpg (986 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
dscf2005.jpg
986 KB, 2272x1704
I'm thinking of switching out my Sicaran Venator and my Rapiers for 3 Vindicators, Is there any obvious reason I shouldn't?
>>
>>46148114
Of course. You've helped me out on fluffing out a warband I already have.
>>
>>46148482
no prob
>>
>>46148164
>Considering how slow FW releases things
They've released three Horus Heresy books and three Imperial Armour books since then, that's literally half of all of the Horus Heresy books they've ever released and one of the Imperial Armour books is completely new (and another replaced three previous books)
>and the breakneck speed of modern GW releases
Almost everything in 7th has been updated in some way by GW (except CSM), if not with a whole new book.
>(which you must then halve due to AoS releases)
WTF?
>It was a 7E release.
Only by a month, it wasn't written for 7th edition and has no 7E-style content.
>>46148188
>The only other argument to make would be "there have been no recent IA releases, period" going by your criterion.
That is my point, yes. To say that Red Scorpions have been in a "recent" release is dumb. The last book they appeared in, other than the re-release of IA4, was IA10, in 5th edition. Not recent going by time or number of Forge World book (IA or otherwise) releases. Trying to say "well they were in book 10 of 13 IA books so that's recent" is retarded.
>>
>>46148546
>The last book they appeared in, other than the recent release that they appeared in

Nigga
>>
>>46148435
rapiers are cool
>>
>>46148546

Why the fuck are you going on such a long winded autistic spiel over how recent Red Scorpions content is?

It *IS* recent, if you compare it to Minotaurs or other Badab Chapters. When was THEIR last "new content" huh faggot?

Legion shit has nothing to do with this.
>>
>>46148604
I've been running a couple laser destroyers because I'm limited to one HS slot but one shot a piece kills my bad rolls. I'm looking for something with more shots and that happens to be the predator cannon. I want to also put las sponsens on them to keep the landraiders away.
>>
>>46145261
Harrowing
>>
>>46148657
>predators
then why'd you say vidicators

Predators are workhorses, though. Go for it.
>>
File: ArmillusDynat1.png (518 KB, 521x431) Image search: [Google]
ArmillusDynat1.png
518 KB, 521x431
>>46148684
someone say Harrowing?
>>
>>46148704
>then why'd you say vidicators

Because I am an idiot.
>>
>>46147251
reaper gunsn whatever the immobile quad funs are.
>>
File: Darien Long Mall Cop.png (422 KB, 695x392) Image search: [Google]
Darien Long Mall Cop.png
422 KB, 695x392
>>46148331
I preferred the spin off.
>>
>>46145882
Can you put apothecaries in Kakophani squads?
>>
>>46149681
He can't.
>>
>>46149681
Think that was a rumor at one point, sounded like bullshit.
>>
File: 1436150172609.jpg (83 KB, 395x413) Image search: [Google]
1436150172609.jpg
83 KB, 395x413
>>46142205
This is truly excellent.
>>
>>46149681
I always found it odd that the chapter known for apothecaries never had a unique unit that worked with them. Still waiting on some Fabius Bile action.
>>
>>46149921
We'll have to wait for the chapter within the legion that really got Bile'd to show up.
>>
>>46149681
no apothecaries in any legion specific veteran squad unfortunately.

Maybe they'll errata it.
>>
File: smugalpharius.gif (64 KB, 264x249) Image search: [Google]
smugalpharius.gif
64 KB, 264x249
>>46142205
>can you pop a wheelie
>>
File: Kakophony_Sketch.jpg (697 KB, 850x771) Image search: [Google]
Kakophony_Sketch.jpg
697 KB, 850x771
>>46149998
You mean these guys? Look at these fuckers!

>Bile told me I could be anything, SO I TOLD HIM TO AMPLIFY ME!
>>
>>46150632
>no apothecarys for suezarians
>>
>>46151074
>They told me I could get a bitching helmet but I had to replace my mouth with a speaker
>Damn this helmet looks sweet
>>
Question about the Iron warriors rule that lets them assault after firing a rapid fire bolter.

This rule is pretty straight forward, until you apply it to a squad that just jumped out of a rhino. Now generally, in 40k Id interpret this as a "codex overrides rule book" situation, where the IW rule is printed in the "codex section" of the heresy books, and that the general guidelines as how enclosed transports without the rule assault vehicle works is written in the main rule book.

But how do you play it? Id say that´s some insane 5th edition Rhino Rush Id be playing if I got it my way!
>>
>>46152328

The rule overrides the rapid fire restriction, not the disembarking restriction. Where does it say they can charge after DISEMBARKING and rapid firing?
>>
>>46152328

You're wrong. Otherwise they'd be able to assault the enemy after firing overwatch or interceptor.
>>
>>46152360
>>46152368

Oh my bad, I'm a fucking idiot trying to think after a night shift at work...
>>
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 612x612
What kind of play style do the Sons of Horus have?

Thinking of painting up some Luna Wolves but I don't want to be stuck with an army I hate playing.
>>
>>46152390
Steel rain.
>>
>>46152424
They use big, easy to destroy deepstrike beacons to locate the enemy and then send down one squad from orbit to tackle an entire army and get hilariously slaughtered?
>>
File: 1436397553265.jpg (459 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1436397553265.jpg
459 KB, 1600x1200
>>46146766
no offence taken anon

The reason theirs is boring is because they don't want to offend anyone. Its a simple as that.

>>46149909
>>46150771
cheers anons
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 764x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 764x665
Daily Reminder
>>
>>46142205
>>46152824
>>
>>46151074
How do they eat?
>>
>>46153300
they dont
also
>check em
>>
>>46153300
tubes deliver nutritious smug direct to their veins
>>
>>46151074
>I have no mouth, and I must scream
>>
What are some S6+ ranged weapons other than plasmagun or meltagun that can be used by infantry?

> Rad+S6 MEQ Instakill FTW
>>
>>46153347
Anon, stop that.

>>46153405
I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>46153618
Volkite Calivers.
>>
>>46153618
Archeotech Pistol
Axuilia lasrifle (Blast-charger)
Grenade launcher (Krak)

Terminators:
Plasma blasters
Autocannons
Assault Cannons!!

Mechanicum:
Phased plasma-fusil
Photon Thruster
>>
>>46142205
You're a funny anon, anon. Nicely done.
>>
Can a build a TS army yet?
>>
>>46154202
no you have done your homework ahriman
>>
>>46154242
haven't***

fug
>>
>>46148657
Why not vindis tho? Now they can be squadroned with LDAs. Place them well so they don't have to move for a couple of turns and you can fuck everyone's shit up
>>
File: anime1.jpg (98 KB, 680x588) Image search: [Google]
anime1.jpg
98 KB, 680x588
R8
>>
File: barking intensifies.jpg (112 KB, 470x676) Image search: [Google]
barking intensifies.jpg
112 KB, 470x676
>This week I stepped into the Forge World Studio and saw something that answers a question that’s we’ve been asked time and time again – When will there be upgrades for all eighteen Legions?

>It’s been a long road but we’re almost there, because the answer is – Very soon!

>That’s right, upgrades for the Sons of Russ, the VIth Legion, the Space Wolves aren’t far away. Keep a look out for a Forge World newsletter announcing their release soon.

>If that’s not enough for all of you Fenrisians, I hear some old favourites will be coming back to the Forge World web store too. The Space Wolf Terminator Upgrade set has been missing in action for quite some time, but it’ll be making a reappearance just as soon as we can make enough to satisfy all of you aspiring Wolf Lords.

Not sure about those Mk IVs myself, they look a bit odd with a really blingy chestplate with loads of runes but the rest of the model just left flat.
>>
>>46155199
Looks fine to me. 40k SW models have way too much bling for my taste.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 585x790) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 585x790
>>46151074
Aside from their helmets they have no style, they have no grace, and their legion isn't great. Needs better exhaust ports. But Bile surely got one chapter in the EC seven kinds of funky.
>>
>>46155521
But that marine has a funny face!
>>
File: image.png (67 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
67 KB, 1334x750
>>46155530
It's the helmet.
>>
>>46155257
same. Even those terminators are too blinged out IMO. But I guess wolf people hate blank armor. Those termies have crux terminatus though.
>>
>>46155597
That's because they're a 40k upgrade kit that's been out of print for ages.
>>
Speaking of the Wolves, FW's not going to go wolf wolf wolfvery wolfity wolfius wolfium I like wolves are they?
>>
>>46155257
>>46155597
It's the mix of a rune-heavy chestplate and completely blank rest of the armour that looks odd to me. It's like two different sets of armour have been scavenged together.
>>
>>46155700

At the Weekender they spoke about going full on Executioner for them, with lots of Celtic and Norse influences on their armour.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 163x218) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 163x218
>>46155712
I'm 100% for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (327 KB, 1280x801) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
327 KB, 1280x801
Would anybody have an issue if I painted up a Carcharodons force (using FW kits but with the 40k paint scheme) and then played them using World Eaters rules and said they were the pale nomads?

Phew that was a run on sentence.
>>
>>46155995
yes
>>
>>46155199
So SW has indomitus TDA?
>>
>>46155199
>blingy chestplate with loads of runes but the rest of the model just left flat
you could supplement that by painting some on the rest.

Also there's no unique helmet in that pic for some reason.

please dont be wolf heads
>>
>>46156037
Did you actually read that post? It's an old kit for 40k coming back.
>>
>>46156076
>please dont be wolf heads
You know they will be wolf heads. Gotta keep things consistent with 40k.
>>
>>46156037
everyone has indomitus TDA, nerd
>>
>>46145261
I think you're looking for "interdiction."
>>
>>46150632
>>46149681
>>46149746
You can always put a Primus Medicae.
They have no restriction.

Too bad they are supporting officers, I would love to play an Apothecary HQ for my EC.
>>
>>46156532
Yeah, a lot of people had that idea. That's why they're supporting officers now I guess. I can sort of understand it for MoS too, Librarian must be for fluff reasons only.
>>
>>46156532
its funny because the idea of a medic in charge of an army is retarded.

But With the way warhammer mechanics work it would be cool. More useful.

Marine >Sir I can't feel my legs
Apoc >Walk it off you pussy- ++THATS RIGHT FLANK THEM SERGEANT! YOU HAVE MELTA BOMBS++
Marine >I can't walk it off sir
Apoc >rub some dirt on em, we need to advance- ++WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE FIRE RAPTOR IS UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME! I NEED CAS++
Marine >S-sir
Apoc >Fuck's sake marine! *Administers the Emperor's peace; pockets geneseed* All right lads time to advance! Forward!
>>
>>46156689
AFAIK all space marines are taught strategy and tactics, so he could indeed lead an army
>>
>>46156752
Of course he could but he is also busy rubbing dirt on marines and shit.
>>
>>46156783
Somehow I doubt that apothecaries have to resort to the old rub dirt on wound trick
>>
>>46156803
When 8 marines in a sqaud pass feel no pain rolls. What could he have done in that time?

>Walk it off marine
>Rub dirt on it
>Hold your bolter in your left apply pressure with your right

Im being flippant but seriously what could he do?
>>
>>46156824
Narthecium is a hell if a drug.
>>
>>46156139
Tl;dr
>>
>>46156906
Narthecium is just the whole medkit strapped to their arm. However marines do have "sterile clay for healing wounds." So yeah all the medic needs to do is rub some dirt on it.
>>
>>46156906
>try this stuff I bought from Fabulous Bile
>>
>>46157214
>Narthecium is just the whole medkit strapped to their arm
No its an actual drug. It's a genus of herb plants.

They also have auto injectors of it in their armor, but simplified gameplay and all.
>>
>>46150632
Pyroclasts can get them
>>
>>46155199
They really need different helmets for that to clash less.
>>
>>46157325
>The Narthecium is a Space Marine Apothecary's medical field kit, containing the necessary tools to treat wounded Marines and get them back into action as quickly as possible.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Narthecium
>>
>>46157399
Terror squads too
>>
File: IMG_20160319_005548.jpg (49 KB, 320x255) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160319_005548.jpg
49 KB, 320x255
Thinking of getting into horus heresy:how is balance? Are there particualrily weak/strong legions? Or maybe legions which need to spam some specific units to be en par? Do we have a link to download legion specific books? i know they are contained in the normal ones, but i have storage issues. (I am looking for BA i n particular)
Thank you
>>
>>46157633
HH is comparatively alot more balanced than 40k, with alot more interresting stuff going on.
As fair as i know there no outright bad legions, since they all get to play with mostly the same toys.
>>
>>46157821
Try to be less of a fanboy dude. More balanced than 40k is fine, more interesting stuff is pretty fucking subjective when you have guard, admech, then marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines, marines and marines.
>>
File: Dubs picks my FUCK YOU..png (202 KB, 2457x3441) Image search: [Google]
Dubs picks my FUCK YOU..png
202 KB, 2457x3441
>>46142205
Loyalist traitor and Traitor loyalist edition
>>
>>46158004
i get what you were trying to do, but how can an undecided legion person know whether they hate their primarch?

>>46157989
marine hate, in 30k? Do you hate yourself? 18+ flavors of marines, most opponents will be marines. You came to the wrong neighborhood xenos scum. Its actually a huge breathe of fresh air to not have to dodge all the marine hate from all the butthurt tau/elf/ork/cron players.
>>
>>46158556
I don't hate marines, I do play marines. But claiming the game is more interesting than 40k when even more battles are marines vs. marines is a bit ridiculous.
>>
>>46157633
The legions are fundamentally similar, at least compared to the variety that you get in 40k due to the nonhuman races. But there were a few balance issues until this month – the latest red book fixed the special units for Sons of Horus and Emperor’s Children. There’s been some “codex” creep, and those two were being left behind. Assault Marines are overcosted, so any legion that wants to use a lot of them (say, World Eaters) are on the weak side right now.

As in 40k it’s possible to break the game by using non-standard lists. If you play a horde Militia cult, for example, or maybe a vehicle-based list (even if it’s Astartes), you can end up with a paper-scissors-rock situation. Win big or lose big based on which weapons your opponent takes. And it’s not hard to make an OP Mechanicum list.
>>
How do I EC? I was hoping on running 3rd Company with Kakophoni in Rhinos and Fulgrim and Phoenix Guard in a Spartan. But im not sure how to bring anti-tank into the list.
>>
>>46159479
Sunkiller squad!
>>
>>46156824
whiskey, Spock. Tennessee whiskey.
>>
>>46159479
Dreads
>>
>>46159479

Fast armour sounds like the way to go with that list

dual las Sicarans or sicaran tack destroyers

Dickbikes with melta bombs; put a spear on the sergeant, with 3 attacks each on the charge with T5 2+ save & I5 on the charge they will roll most back field units

Land speeders &/or Javelins to shit out krack missiles

planes with turbo dildo missiles
>>
Just to be clear on the Legion Glaive, against a titan with haywire resistance it's basically going to do shit all right since haywire replace the pen roll?
>>
Is it worth it to put meltaguns into my night raptor squad or should I just take flamers?
>>
>>46160266
I like melta in that squad because it makes outnumbering dudes more likely. Flamers can be hit and miss for me
>>
Jesus why is it so hard to find a fucking recaster. Its fucking china who gives a shit if Britain sends a C&D? What are they going to do, send you more opium?
>>
>>46160364
just go to ebay
>>
>>46160364
It's really not.
If you want dirt cheap Z puts it in fucking catalogs, if you want quality Miranda Irene and Sylvia White can be found via google and have actual 'how to' sections.
They don't like to change emails/sites and shit when they get terms of serviced off.
>>
File: castin.jpg (2 MB, 4476x3517) Image search: [Google]
castin.jpg
2 MB, 4476x3517
>>46160364
recast the shit yourself.
>>
My FLGS is doing a small tourney, 1500 pts, capped at 3 turns per match, and I'm looking to get enter my death guard, can I get a critique of my list:

>HQ

Durak Rask (he unlocks the Reaping)

>Elites

Mortis dead
Dual las cannon

>Troops

Tac squad (1)
+5 dudes, CCW, AA, Rad grenades, combi-flamer, power fist

Tac squad (2)
+5 dudes, CCW, AA, Rad grenades, combi-flamer, power fist

Heavy squad (1)
5 x Lascannon, augury scanner, Rad grenades

Heavy squad (2)
5 x Missile launchers, augury scanner, Rad grenades

Heavy squad (3)
5 x Missile launchers, augury scanner, Rad grenades

Works out to 1496 pts, the plan is straight forward, put Rask in the las squad, the other heavies within 12", put the Tacs on top of objectives, and try to blast as much of my opponents force off the board as I can, and with the dread I can put a couple of ultra accurate S 9 shots downrange every turn and threaten any fliers on the very off chance someone brings one

Criticism? too much shit on the sergeants, to few bodies at this points level, would I be better off with an artillery piece like a medusa instead of the dread?
>>
>>46161245
Looks good, maybe make the lascannon squad into a missile launcher one and drop the power fists, that might give you enough points for an artillery piece.
>>
>>46161245
Three turns? How on earth are you going to play games of three turns? Is it just try and shoot each other off the table?
>>
File: Dubs picks my FUCK YOU..png (202 KB, 2346x3426) Image search: [Google]
Dubs picks my FUCK YOU..png
202 KB, 2346x3426
>>46158556
>>
>>46161245
you can't take a combi weapon and a melee weapon on a sergeant in a tac squad, unless theres an faq I haven't seen
>>
So I've been reading up on the Navigator rules.
If on a failed Moral test they are pinned, but do not go to ground what does that mean?
Is that a vestige of older rules or does being pined do something other than force go to ground that I don't know about/ didn't see in the brb entry.
>>
>>46161433
*Leadership test.
>>
>>46161433
I assume it means they cannot move and dont get the bonus cover save for going to ground.
>>
File: 1458588230563.png (7 KB, 862x482) Image search: [Google]
1458588230563.png
7 KB, 862x482
>>46161374
>>
>>46161481
But the pinned rule simply states that they go to ground, so why wouldn't they be able to move?
It's a reasonable RAI I guess, but I feel like I'm missing something because the RAW is so meaningless.
>>
>>46142205
How do you end up playing Mechanicum or Solar Auxilia?
>>
>>46161573
>dubs pick my legion
>legion
Refer to another chart.
>Robots? Y/N
>Y, Mech
>N, Solar
>>
>>46161573

Normally by inheriting an excessive sum of money.
>>
>>46161433
I'd take that to mean that it counts as pinned for anything that interacts with that, but as they never go to ground the effect is nominal.
>>
>>46161481
>>46161903
It'll happen a little under 1/10 of the times you roll, just roll off between the worst and best (advantage wise) interpretations on the odd turn where it comes up.
>>
>>46161573
you dont :^)
>>
>>46160280
Which is odd considering flamers auto-hit for most people :^)
>>
>>46161498
Unification, this guys beats your chart.
>>
What's the best option for one-handed bolters? I want to make my tactical blobs with bolters a bit more interesting than "everyone's holding a gun at their chest"
>>
>>46162392
What I do is cut the arm at the shoulder and reposition the bolter arm so that its facing straightforward instead of going across the chest.
>>
>>46161978
1500 points of EC Traitors, pardon the formatting.
Using the Chaos Sorcerer Lord model for navigators, attaching them to kakophany, Eidolon to one of the Palatine.
Assuming redbook rumors hold true, how'd I do?
+ HQ (335pts) +
Lord Commander Eidolon (205pts) [Jump Pack]
••Master of the Legion [3rd Company Elite]

2X Navigator (65pts) [Cyber Familiar]
+ Elites (430pts) +

2X Palatine Blade Squad (215pts) [Jump packs, 4x Palatine Warrior, 4x Power Sword]
••Palatine Prefector [Melta Bombs, Power Sword]
+ Troops (510pts) +

2X The Kakophani of the Emperor's Children (255pts) [9x Chora]
••Orchestrator [Artificer Armour]
+ Fast Attack (225pts) +

Xiphon Interceptor (225pts) [Armoured Cockpit, Chaff Launcher, Ground-tracking Auguries]
>>
>>46162392
Stick the bolter on a bolt pistol arm.
>>
>>46162196
I have dishonnouru ma famiray, what a samefur dispray; i must comit suppuko.
>>46162505
RoW?
>>
>>46163229
[3rd Company Elite]
Should have put it up tom, my bad.
>>
>>46163291
>>
So what do we think of Night Lords currently? How do they compare to other legions after the recent buffs?
>>
>>46163346
They seem to be very good but you have to pick your fights to bully your opponent otherwise youre the one thats gonna get bullied to death.
>>
>>46163391
What's the legion power ranking atm anyway?
>>
>>46163406
>Bottom

Your favorite legion

>Top

Everyone else
>>
>>46163442
winner winner chicken dinner!
>>
>>46163391
>but you have to pick your fights to bully your opponent otherwise youre the one thats gonna get bullied to death.
Unsurprisingly that's the way NLs work.
>>46163451
We've had enough chicken dinners to make the Salamanders get burnt out on them.
>>
File: nightlord.png (13 KB, 228x251) Image search: [Google]
nightlord.png
13 KB, 228x251
>>46163468
>Salamanders get burnt out
>>
>>46162505
What software did you make the list from?
>>
>>46163526
It can happen. Either find a balance between ripping and tear, burning, shooting, shredding, crushing, or give up chicken.
>>
>>46163573
Battlescribe, quickly edited in to be less redundant.
As I type this I realize that this was likely a rhetorical question, oh well.
>>
What is the cheesiest list I will face? What would be the best counter to the list that doesn't involving copycating?
>>
>>46163643
Thanks.
>>
>>46163391
Does anyone NOT work that way?
>>
>>46163735
I get what you're saying but it's especially true with NLs with their special rules geared up to them only being better if they outnumber and running away if they fail stuff.
>>
>>46163667
>What is the cheesiest list I will face?
A Mechanium list but it's not hard for those to be cheder. How many nerfs have they gotten anyway?
>>
How is the new tank based RoW seen in general? Troop dakka preds seem fun as fuck, and most tanks becoming fast seems like it could fit really well as a surprise WS list, but I don't wanna buy a fuckton of vehicles only to find out noone will play me
>>
>>46163846
Playing againt tank-only list seems highly boring. I want to see hordes of marines shooting and ripping each other to pieces, not metal boxes driving in circles.
>>
>>46163770
Oh, that's a good point.

>>46163846
I don’t think you’ll get too many complaints about Predators. Tons of Sicarans, maybe.
>>
File: Firaeveus_carron_closeup.jpg (120 KB, 645x647) Image search: [Google]
Firaeveus_carron_closeup.jpg
120 KB, 645x647
>>46163887
you called?
>>
>>46163846
It seams like it would be highly effective, but not particularly OP in most match-ups.
Problems is it sounds boring AF to play, doesn't fit the scenarios much, and doesn't really give off the feel I would want from a game of HH.
>>
>>46163927
Eliphas got him a novel, so when are Bale, Sindri, and Carron getting their novels?
>>
How much leeway do chapters have withon legions? Word bearers looks like they didnt give a fuck as loolng as your praised chaos, but what about the others? Different symbols, or differing color schemes?
>>
>>46163991

Carron's novel is about how he got run over by a Rhino and now hates all metal boxes. Bale was his harrowmaster.
>>
>>46164095
it depends on so many different factors which could all apply to every separate legion that it's pointless asking such a question.

They're your dudes, do what you want.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.