[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 1457277616223.jpg (325 KB, 822x706) Image search: [Google]
1457277616223.jpg
325 KB, 822x706
Vekh Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] http://www.mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] http://www.imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] http://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] http://www.elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except Vehk or Vehk
Keep the MK/Lady N/ESO related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa: >>46121343
>>
Another vehk addition?

Vehk, you're not very good at discerning threads!
>>
>>46136813
It's the other, second Vehk.
>>
File: Too_Much_Skooma.jpg (280 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
Too_Much_Skooma.jpg
280 KB, 1032x774
>>46136813
This is the other Vehk, it's fine.
>>
>>46136858
>>46136852
You're just one of those bitters aren't you!
>>
>>46136881
I'm no Biter, I'm a Grabber.
>>
>>46136922
That works out because I'm a squeezer!
>>
File: Morag Tong.jpg (795 KB, 600x840) Image search: [Google]
Morag Tong.jpg
795 KB, 600x840
Morag Tong>>>Dark Brotherhood
Discuss
>>
>>46136992
>Baan Malur
Why is TR so autistic with the location names?
>>
>>46137035
And Morag Tong wasn't even fully fleshed out in Morrowind - there are no signs of Sithis worship.
>>
>>46137035
Yep.
>>46137038
What's wrong with it?
>>
File: Ive_seen_enough_hentai.jpg (71 KB, 900x625) Image search: [Google]
Ive_seen_enough_hentai.jpg
71 KB, 900x625
Can someone explain Amaranth to me? I've heard it tossed around a few times; is it mantling the Godhead, or something more than that?
>>
>>46137077
It's not wrong, just strange. It's Blacklight, after all.
>>
>>46137038
Apart from Mournhold, which had to be used in Tribunal because the game didn't take place in the whole of Almalexia, no Dunmer city has a western name. Blacklight just feels weird.
>>
>>46137079
Pretty much. It's starting a new dream with yourself as the godhead.
The reason Lorkhan made the arena was so people could see the wheel on its side and make a better reality.
>>
File: AR-map-Morrowind_(annotated).jpg (64 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
AR-map-Morrowind_(annotated).jpg
64 KB, 640x400
>>46137123
Oh really.
>>
>>
File: Khajiit killing a legionnaire.jpg (90 KB, 800x543) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit killing a legionnaire.jpg
90 KB, 800x543
>>46137164
>these humanoid legs on anyone but Ohmes
Disgusting.
>>
File: Khajiit_Morrowind.jpg (65 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit_Morrowind.jpg
65 KB, 600x516
>>46137164
Suthay-Raht are digitigrade though.
>>
>>46137146
Firewatch and Ebonheart are Imperial cities. You could make an argument for Tear being English but there's a cavern in Vvardenfell called Milk so we can't really know.
>>
>>46137164
>>46137184
>>46137189
Let's talk about how those filthy tree climbers will never know the cozyness of Khajit culture.
>>
>>46137217
>Mammoth sized tiger fucked by housecat
>Gives birth to elfcat
Fucking weird is what it is
>>
>>46137197
>Firewatch and Ebonheart are Imperial cities.
Ebonheart is Hlaalu, Firewatch is Telvanni. Stop buying into TR's fanfic crap.
>>
>>46137197
For some reason I thought it was probably pronounces Tay-ar instead of tear.

Also
>tfw the House Dres capital was literally right on the Argonian border
It probably doesn't even exist in the 4th age anyway.
>>
>>46137246
>TR
Todd Roward?
>>
First to shitpost about Imperial superiority
>>
File: tumblr_o4b4027b6S1seyqzco1_1280.jpg (936 KB, 1234x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4b4027b6S1seyqzco1_1280.jpg
936 KB, 1234x1920
>>46137269
Tamriel Rebuilt. Their shit is really getting out of hand.
>>
>>46137246
At the same time you can probably excuse it as imperialized names. The romans went around renaming a lot of established cities and even just latinizing would change how it looked a lot.
>>
>>46137289
>Their shit is really getting out of hand.

How so? I haven't tried their stuff myself, but I've heard it praised a fair bit in these threads before.
>>
>>46137282
I do quite like Imperials. Educated, well spoken, cunning, cosmopolitan.
I do prefer Bretons and Altmer, though.
>>
>>46137093
Yes, that is what the Imperials call it.
>>
>>46137301
Then you might as well go and rename Grazelands into Sunna Guradan and shit. These "imperialized" names are the ones established in the lore, so it makes more sense to use them.
>>
File: colovian_fur_helm.png (76 KB, 192x292) Image search: [Google]
colovian_fur_helm.png
76 KB, 192x292
>>46137330
Colovia or Nibenay?
>>
>>46137246
I don't care who writes it.
>>
>>46137338
Do you also call Balmora Stone Forest?
>>
>>46137282
T.Imperial about drown in suffocate in paper work
>>
>>46137330

Good taste.

Those have got to be my "trinity" of go to ES races
>>
>>46137035
It's more of a political animal than a business, which on some level I admire. This level of tradition and the legality of their murders seems to keep them very well organized, without too ritualized a hierarchy, and they're stable even if they're a fraction of their former size.

The ritual and harsh rules of the Dark Brotherhood give it order, but they always seem to get fucked up by the one insane guy they didn't stop in time, and they're still outside of the law. They require the fear of their myth to give them support and to keep operating. Look how far they'd fallen in Skyrim.
>>
File: concept_morrowind.jpg (118 KB, 643x768) Image search: [Google]
concept_morrowind.jpg
118 KB, 643x768
>>46137246
Shit, forgot pic.

>>46137367
Balmora is called Balmora in the game. Blacklight is referred to as Blacklight.
>>
>>46137367
>tfw you live in the country of Village
>>
File: 1433579001236.png (197 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
1433579001236.png
197 KB, 500x347
>>46137282
Bretons and Dunmer and Imperials best. Maybe Redguard too.
>>
>>46137380
Isn't the Brotherhood's worship of Sithis kind of atypical aswell?
>>
>>46137345
>colovians
>imperial
Nords get out
>>
>>46137393
Balmora is also clearly a city where the empire doesn't hold much sway. Compare Caldera and Aldruhn.
>>
>>46137420
>Hlaalu scum district capital
>the empire doesn't hold much sway
>>
>>46137246
The Ebonheart you can visit in Morrowind certainly looks imperial. It's more a fort than a proper city, though. Have people taken that old Arena map to mean there's a second Ebonheart on the opposite side of the ocean?
>>
File: tumblr_nefvh04vx81t3fruoo1_1280.jpg (292 KB, 1280x1154) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nefvh04vx81t3fruoo1_1280.jpg
292 KB, 1280x1154
>>46137415
You nibenese misers think you're hot shit, let's see how well your empire fares without the martial ability of the colovians.
>>
>>46137377
Yeah, I tend to judge the races by a "would I be cool with living with them, being one, one dating my daughter, and how likely they are to be a thug or criminal". Low intelligence, Low personality, and prone to crime means a "No."
>>
>>46137402
>tfw Daggerfall and Morrowind are under the same dynasty
>tfw they will never be in a glorious personal union, ruling over the shittier provinces
>>
File: Gaius Augustus.png (1 MB, 807x828) Image search: [Google]
Gaius Augustus.png
1 MB, 807x828
>>46137375

What in the nine divines did you just say about me, you little scoundrel? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Imperial legion and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Dark Brotherhood, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top Athlete in the entire legion. You are nothing to me but just another mudcrab. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Tamriel, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me just because we are in a tavern? Think again.. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of blades across Tamriel and your paperwork is being filed right now so you better prepare for the storm, scamp. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Emperor's legion and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have raised your speechcraft. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>46137434
The Hlaalu sucking imperial cock isn't the same thing as being a totally imperial city.
>>
>>46137454
>>46137402
House Telvanni hires plenty of Bretons, and members of Highrock royalty are Dunmeri.
Also, they've never had a specific conflict with each other.
Confirmed for as broish as two races can get for TES.
>>
>>46137437
The Ebonheart on Vvardenfell is correctly called Castle Ebonheart.
Ebonheart is also canonically a very old Dunmer city and a rival of Mournhold:

>The rivalry between Ebonheart and Mournhold reached back almost to the dawn of Morrowind's history. Once the two nations had been one, all the lucrative mines held in fief by the Ra'athims, whose nobility retained the High Kingship of Morrowind. Ebonheart had split into two separate city-states, Ebonheart and Mournhold, when Queen Lian's twin sons -- grandsons of the legendary King Moraelyn -- were left as joint heirs. At about the same time the office of High King was vacated in favor of a temporary War Leader to be named by a council in times of provincial emergency.
>Still, Ebonheart remained jealous of her prerogatives as the eldest city-state of Morrowind ("first among equals" was the phrase its rulers often quoted) and claimed that rightful guardianship of the Staff of Chaos should have been entrusted to its ruling house. Mournhold responded that King Moraelyn himself had placed the Staff in the keeping of the god Ephen -- and Mournhold was unarguably the god's birthplace.
>>
>>46137411
Very much so - it is what caused the split, after all. Morag Tong still worship Mephala.

>>46137454
Isn't it just Barenziah with some connections to one family and therefore one kingdom? The Direnni are more high elves, right?
>>
File: DF-Map-Iliac_Bay.jpg (150 KB, 768x457) Image search: [Google]
DF-Map-Iliac_Bay.jpg
150 KB, 768x457
>>46137480
>High Rock royalty

For years 'royalty' in High Rock meant 'anyone who could claim a hill as his kingdom.' Even now, it's pretty messy. Look how many kingdoms there used to be!
>>
>>46137035
Semi-religious political organization vs the esgiest of edgelords?

No contest
>>
>>46137480
Eh, Bretons are really close with Imperials, considering most Emperors have been Bretons.
Nords are also pretty close to Imperials, being the strong-arm of the Empire and there have been Nordic Emperors.
>>
>>46137411
Morag Tong is supposed to worship Sithis too.
>Little is known about the Dark Elven Imperial Emissary, Dram, though his loyalty to Tiber Septim is unquestioned. Ironically, his ancestors were preeminent nightblades of the Four Score War, wherein the Morag Tong systematically destroyed the heirs of the Second Empire of Men. Why Dram now serves Cyrodiil, Morrowind's longtime enemy, is a mystery, as is the reason Tiber Septim suffers any Aldmeri to assist in his conquests in the first place.
>Like all members of the Morag Tong, Dram worships Sithis, the God of Death; indeed, he is a thrice-born initiate who continues his faith even after his exile. Again, details of Dram's exile are unknown. There are whispers that House Indoril, the chosen Dark Elven faction of the legendary Tribunal, took slight at the assassin's affairs and had him secretly executed in CE800, an insult the Morag Tong has yet to forgive. Others say Dram has been a companion of Tiber Septim since the Emperor first took the Cyrodilic Crown. Still more, that he is the apprentice of Zurin Arctus.
>>
>>46137517
And? Still respected by Bretons.
>>
>>46137035
Is it ever described the difference between Public/Private Morag Tong writs and House war writs?
>>
>>46136243
What does it overhaul? Does it include the unofficial patches? Thanks
>>
>>46137480
High Rock and Morrowind are kinda similar, they're wealthy, hugely autonomous provinces where the empire mostly lets shit run itself even if it sometimes means a civil war or two at the same time.

I figure so long as they fulfill their quotas for the legion and pay their taxes, the imperial court doesn't give that much of a shit which houses are on the council and which names are on the map.
>>
>>46137599
Oscuro's fixes the fucktarded world leveling.
>>
>>46137367
>>46137393

I'm not quite bothered about the naming inconsistencies, but here's my take on it. Some cities in Scandinavia like Göteborg and Kobenhavn have english names in the form of Gothenburg and Copenhagen* because of historical ties in the form of english merchants visiting both cities frequently. On the other hand, swedish cities like Västerås or Stockholm are not translated either because there's no historical precedent or because it's not easily done. Probably beacuse they've become more proper names rather than just a descriptive term like "Uppsalaslätten" for the region surrounding the city of Uppsala, easily translated into english as the Uppsala plains; just like "Sunna Guradan" or whatever it was being translated into "the Grazelands".

That's my take on it, anyway. *I should also add that these aren't quite translations, just anglicisations. Same kinda shit as the roman latinisation one anon mentioned earlier.
>>
>>46137038
There is some history to changing names like that, or having alternatives. There is, for example, no Ald'ruhn in Arena, but there's a place called Old Run.
Regardless, it's a mod, and the idea that places have names in the local culture and more "imperialized" names seems like a fun one. There's tons of real world parallels.

I can somewhat understand why you wouldn't subscribe to that interpretation, but I can't see how it would be an actual issue.
Much less something to get upset about.

>>46137246
>a mod
>fanfiction crap
Oh, you're one of those guys.

>>46137454
You're thinking of Wayrest, and the Ra'athim never took control.
>>
>>46137691
>Wayrest
y-yeah, I played Daggerfall at 11 not long after it came out so it's been a long time.

>Ra'athim
Honestly it's a pity House Mora is hardly ever a big deal. They've got their fingers in literally every pie yet are basically just treated as an arm of the Hlaalu.
>>
>>46137758
>Implying Sadras aren't Mora
>>
>>46137380
>but they always seem to get fucked up by the one insane guy they didn't stop in time
I think that's an intentional thing. Like the Night Mother lets that shit happen to rid the organization of the weak and those too stupid to keep records of those they've killed and not notice any connections any give recruit may have to those killed.
>>
>>46137241
I really hadn't stopped to think of how much fetish fuel the different forms welcome.

T.the person into all the furry fetishes ever.
>>
>>46137537
It doesn't seem like a huge stretch that the old Morag Tong revered Sithis for what it was, the soul-echo from which the Padomaics descend, including Mephala. After all, they're a group devoted to political assassination under her teachings - paying some lip service to Change itself would only make sense when your entire organisation is based on changing the balance of power in a controlled way.
If so, then the split would have been a matter of the DB's heretical belief in an (Imperialised?) image of Sithis that was more personal and vengeful, the so called God of Death, their increasing breaks from tradition and the emergence of the Night Mothers. This is just my personal speculation, however - Mephala's sphere is obscured to us mere mortals, and both groups fall squarely within it, so even established lore can be... suspect in their case.
>>
>>46137537
>as is the reason Tiber Septim suffers any Aldmeri to assist in his conquests in the first place.
Didnt Tiber Septim have a Dunmer General? Helseths father?
>>
>>46138195
Symmachus? Now that you mention it, he did.
>>
>>46137914
Personally I think it's interesting from a story perspective, and part of why people still praise the Dark Brotherhood storyline of Oblivion. The Dark Brotherhood is ordered, measured, and overall likeable in many ways despite their deadly role, but pure chaos and change can destroy them. Probably one of the best ideas Bethesda has stumbled upon.

I'm a little disappointed with how the Thieves Guild is always handled, though - they're usually a bit brutish and thuggish. I'd rather they were more jovial, welcoming of their fellow thieves. Think like Take a Thief by Mercedes Lackey.
>>
File: MW-npc-Gentleman_Jim_Stacey.jpg (512 KB, 762x762) Image search: [Google]
MW-npc-Gentleman_Jim_Stacey.jpg
512 KB, 762x762
>>46138491
Morrowind's TG is exactly this. I mean heck, the two most important guys are literally a Gentleman and a Scholar.
>>
>>46138491
Plus the DB had the best quests in the base game.
>>
>>46138491
Skyrim's TG was obviously Bethesda going "how can we be the exact opposite of everything TG in Oblivion was?", without even considering that playing as a loose gang of assholeish thugs who work as muscle for a dumb bitch's cartel is the shittiest experience in a TES game to date

What 'd like is something middle of the road. More refined, but not the altruistic Robin Hoods of Oblivion.
>>
>Implying those puppies don't deserve it.
>>
>>46138571
Really? That's cool. I might give them a shot - I'm coming to Morrowind as a newfag, so I worry more about all the faction relations.

>>46138753
I'd argue that the Thieves Guild could get pretty awesome too, especially the big heist. The Mages Guild was frustrating since you had to go around Cyrodiil just to really get started.
>>
>>46138491
Brutish? Only in Sky, I don't know about dagger.

They were literally the good guy robinhoods in Oblivion.

Morrowind, like alost all guilds did them right. Shame their quests were so short.
>>
>>46138571
He also is an abolitionist and all around nice guy.
>>
>>46138821
Perhaps. Though I mainly continued just to mess with that ALMSIVI guy.
>>
>>46138887
>He also is an abolitionist
Well fucking figures.
>>
>>46138893
Just as me. :^)
>>
File: Miraak.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Miraak.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
MAKE AKA-TUSK GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>46138893
He was quite autistic. I'm glad he didn't win

Because Vivec, Sotha Sil, and Almalexia are not real gods
>>
>>46138908
What?
Redguards don't have any history with slavery other than ESO saying they had Nedic slaves.
>>
>>46138921
>Because Vivec, Sotha Sil, and Almalexia are not real gods
And they're shit.
>>
>>46138959
It was a joke, anon.
>>
File: 1433074862105.jpg (130 KB, 590x902) Image search: [Google]
1433074862105.jpg
130 KB, 590x902
>>46138921
But isn't that cool? In a fantasy setting, it's usually taken for granted that gods exist and that you should worship them, like how we don't question the Divines even though they don't seem to do as much as the Daedric Princes.

But what if there was actually some doubt on the existence of gods, or if they were genuine? What ever happened to saints? I love having saints.
>>
>>46138893
I was both of them.
>>46138921
Fuck you, too.
>>
>>46138753
I still prefer the TG, except for the one quest in a cave during the prep for the big heist.

The quests where you mess shit up with the guard are pretty fun.

>>46138864
>They were literally the good guy robinhoods in Oblivion.
They were basically the court of miracles in a way.
>>
>>46138998
That makes me think of Discworld. There gods would go to atheist houses smashing their windows and shit. But they were nothing like ES gods.
>>
>>46138893
>>46138915
>>46138921
>>46138973
>>46139019
What in Oblivion are you even on about, you sneaky bastards?
>>
>>46139055
Last thread's ALMSIVI
>>
>>46139055
Somebody in the last thread kept trying to end the thread before it hit the archive with "The ending of the words is ALMSIVI"
>>
>>46139078
>>46139082
The usual autism then, I should've known.
>>
>>46139082
And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
>>
>>46139120
It's cool when it works out. Too bad there's no real equivalent for the other religions.

>tfw Skyrim's local pantheon was more or less glanced over for the sake of squeezing in two main plots
>the Divines are intentionally kept vague
>the Daedric Princes are really just an excuse for cool loot and vary slightly from game to game
>the Tribunal and their saints are the only religion we really get to go in depth into, and even then we realize it's all a lie
>>
>>46139128
Now I want a TES mystery with a two Nords, a Breton mage, and a stoned Breton and his best friend whose a Senche who he smokes sugar with.
>>
>>46139204
Stoned Ohms Raht.
One Colovian noble, the other a Nibinean sailor.
>>
>>46139204
>Look! Skooma snacks!
>>
>>46139204
"Zoinks S'koob, to the the Sload Necromancer was really just old Hroldar Snow-beard."
>>
>>46139180
Thankfully we have the design notes of the Atmoran pantheon even if it wasn't fully implemented in game.

That's what matters.

We also know a lot a little about Cyrod religion.
>>
>>46139268
>a lot a little
How did this happen?

A little, I meant.
>>
>>46139204
>>46139252
>>46139257
>>46139263
Why aren't we funding this?
>>
>>46139310
We can barely keep the mall from going under already.
>>
>>46139310
>The Foul Murder Mobile
>>
>>46139323
Maybe if we didn't have to repair it every week from Daedric invasions. The thing burns down so fast, you'd think it's Orsinium.
>>
Anyone have the post screen cap explaining Dagoth ur, reverse necromancy, and the states of dreaming?
>>
>>46139337
>Not the Sehtmobile.
>>
>>46139337
>>46139413
Why would their ride's name have anything to do with the Tribunal?
>>
>>46139427
They get hired by the temple to go to haunted houses. Solved a pretty good case in Caldera, if I recall.
>>
>>46139461
Seems like a waste for them to base their operations only in Morrowind.
>>
>>46139501
Yeah, Highrock's good some spooky woods, but apparently the Breton is the son of a noble, and he doesn't like to talk about it very much.
>>
>>46139556
I bet Valenwood would also have weird shit.
>>
>>46139607
The whole place is haunted.
>>
>>46139745
Yeah, by second worst elves.
>>
>>46139745
Perfect.
>>
>>46139745
>During the Oblivion Crisis, the Bosmer were going to call a Wild Hunt to end all Wild Hunts, with every single mer in Valenwood going full monster. Afterwards, it would've become a haunted forest nation, closed off by both the Dominion and the Empire. I forget the exact name, but it was something like Ada-mor, the "spirit forest".
>>
File: tes dagoth ur.png (214 KB, 1899x575) Image search: [Google]
tes dagoth ur.png
214 KB, 1899x575
>>46139393
Here's what I think you're asking for.
>>
>>46139915
Exactly thankyou
>>
>>46139915
Sovngarde really puts a wrench in this.
>>
>>46140187
Sovngarde is closer to a Deadric Realm then the Dreamsleeve; an auxillary realm to prevent the recycling of souls and keep them in a sort of statis ( Think all of the people trapped in the Shivering Isles or Mankar Cameron's Paradise. )
>>
>>46139427
Not the mystery palenquine?
>>
maybe the tes version of the mystery inc ride around in some modified dwemer contraption? Like some giant van-sized spider bot that gives no fucks about difficult terrain unless it's plot appropriate for it to break down by a haunted house.
>>
>>46140411
I approve. It must leave a trail of destruction in its wake, and constantly be tweeked by Fredius to do new batshit mystery solving things each episode. Or compete in the odd race.
>>
>>46140537
Actually I'd like for it to be eerily good at NOT creating a trail of destruction in it's wake. It's just that crazy of a spider-van and the people riding inside don't even notice aside from Fredius who is just that good of a driver, though Shaggy and Scooby's counterparts wouldn't even notice due to being so strung out on Skooma.
>>
Why isn't Velma a Bosmer?
>>
>>46140635
Because they're filthy tree dwellers.

Plus bosmer don't read, or have books, Bretons do.
>>
>>46137758
>y-yeah, I played Daggerfall at 11 not long after it came out so it's been a long time.
Well, if you need a refresher, it's basically like this:
After Symmachus died and Barenziah abdicated the throne of Morrowind, she got close to Kind Eadwyre of Wayrest during the Simulacrum, when they planned to oust Tharn. They married, and Barenziah brought her kids Helseth and Morgiah with her. The king also had a daughter from his former marriage, Elysana. Morgiah becomes the Queen of Firsthold. When Eadwyre dies some time after the Miracle of Peace, there's a power struggle for the throne of Wayrest, but Elysana wins and Barenziah and Helseth travel back to Morrowind, where Helseth later becomes king.

>>46137827
That would be sweet as fuck.

>>46138195
He went on to become the Prince Consort of Morrowind.

>>46140635
Because Bosmer gals are supposed to be pretty.
>>
>>46140635
Why would she be? She's short and nerdy. Breton mage seems like a wonderful fit.
>>
>>46140670
That's stereotyping.

She's short, therefore a Bosmer.
>>
>>46140693
Breton girls are short as well. Even shorter than Bosmer ones.
>>
>>46140682
Everyone else is a Breton, Nora or Imperial. Pets don't count.
>>
>>46140721
Autocorrect recognized Morrowind and Tamriel but not Nord.
>>
>>46140693
Bosmeri women aren't that short. in fact, they tend to be taller than Breton women.
Daphne, on the other hand, could be Bosmer. Or Dunmer.
>>
>>46140750
I can live with that.
>>
>>46140721
>Not making Shaggy an Altmer
>>
>>46140693
Bosmeri women are 1 unit tall, jackass.
>>
Fred - Nord
Velma - Breton
Daphne - Bosmer
Shaggy - Suthay-Raht
Scooby - Senche
>>
>>46140768
Why? He has the Bretons druidy thing going. Probably worships Y'ffre when not high on skooma, the degenerate.
>>
>>46140833
It's an easy mistake to make; Bosmer men are the shortest race, Bosmer women are actually taller.
>>
>>46140854
I like this suggestion >>46140768

We're doing something important here.
>>
>>46140750
I'd go for Dunmer for Daphne. Probably a house Hlaalu member.
>>46140768
Eh I'd make him an Imperial, maybe one with an Altmer father for the height. Fred can be a Nord
>>46140854
Bosmer just doesn't fit any of the gang and the interspecies friendship that Shaggy and Scooby got sorta makes making them both Khajiit kinda pointless.
>>
>>46140854
Tallish, martial artist, savvy fashionista (and all around better boyscout than fred)

Maybe she should be an altmer. Her family is pretty well off oligarchs after all.
>>
>>46140872
He's got the physique though, tall and scrawny. The only races that would be anywhere near as tall are Argonian and admittedly Nord
>>
File: orc tits.jpg (155 KB, 768x1011) Image search: [Google]
orc tits.jpg
155 KB, 768x1011
>>46140927
And orcs.
>>
>>46140913
I'd say that would fit Dunmer, as they're more physically oriented than that Altmer.
>>
>>46140913
>Daphne as a great house Dunmer
She also probably works as an imperial desu.
>>
Fred- Colovian sailor
Velma- Breton mage.
Daphne- Altmeri noble.
Shaggy- Either Ohmes rhat, or or Breton Noble.
Scooby- Senche
>>
>>46140927
Nord or even a daghi raht, they're tall as fuck. Plus he was a gymnast, and he comes from a working class family. I think his dad was a repairman of some sort.

Fredius is too neat and square to be anything but a need.
>>
>>46140955
Brlosmer women are pretty martial.
>>
>>46141014
What the fuck did I write?
>>
>>46141011
>a daghi raht, they're tall as fuck
What. Nothing is known about Dagi.
>>
>>46141014
Only with bows, specifically. There was a book about one who learned the art of the sword, and it was a really tough go for her, but she became a master swordsmer.
>>
One of the gang should be an Argonian.
>>
>>46141014
And are also the shittiest and most low status of the elves.
>>
>>46141049
They have an affinity for bows, but that's not the only thing they use. Daggers and knives, maybe a fork. It's a buffet out there.
>>
>>46141059
Shaggi.
>>
>>46141078
Camoran dynasty.
>>
>>46141104
I like it.
>>
>>46141059
Eh, Argonains are too weird, being bioweapons of the Hist and all that. Plus the only inhuman member should be S'koob.
>>
>>46141114
See, they even have the shittiest royalty
>>
>>46141114
>WE WUZ USURPERS.
Didn't take long for Highrock to put an end to that.
>>
>>46141136
Eh, I disagree. I think an Argonian member would be interesting.
>>
>>46141104
It kinda makes sense, cross species friendship, and the skooma would zonk out an Argonian harder.

But still literal fraidy cat sounds too good.

>>46141099
The books paint them as skilled archers to the point that they don't know how to handle a melee, natively raised ones anyway.
>>
>>46141181
Is that so? Dance in the Fire or whatever?

That does sound a little unrealistic. They wouldn't be firing bows at each other in melee range. They would certainly make use of bone knives.
>>
>>46141181
Bah, as the "meddling kid" from the last thread, I say argonian.
>>
- Fred: Colovian Knight (class and social class)
- Daphne: Dunmer Aristocrat, probably Acrobat or Nightblade
- Vera: Breton Mage
- Shaggi: Argonian Rogue
- Skoob: Pahmar Kajiit

>>46141225
They can probably manage to get stabby in close range, but not necessarily the movements needed for actual sword fighting or some shit. It's dumb but I figure typical bosmer melee combat probably looks very crude and telegraphed or some shit.
>>
>>46141227
Yeah, but you're just meddling.
>>
>>46141227
What, you think that gives you authority?
>>
File: u03_6877573627_o.jpg (2 MB, 2432x3000) Image search: [Google]
u03_6877573627_o.jpg
2 MB, 2432x3000
Hey guys, I was looking through my concept art folders for skyrim and stumbled upon some storyboards, I wonder if anyone could explain/speculate what's going on in these, was it ever mentioned in some lore or were these concepts never incorporated in the game?
>>
>>46141252
It probably does. They go haywire to avoid that. It wouldn't follow any logic at all.
>>
>>46141227
But how would you explain having rich relatives throughout the country that own spooky manors?
>>
>>46141257
Yes.

>>46141275
I dunno. Hist stuff.
>>
File: u04_6877574125_o.jpg (2 MB, 2400x2856) Image search: [Google]
u04_6877574125_o.jpg
2 MB, 2400x2856
>>46141265
>>
>>46141265
That would be Nordic dragon cult dragon cult architects using the thu'um to move blocks for construction, religious purposes and the mass killing of Falmer captives.
>>
>>46141252
I find that list acceptable.
>>
>>46141252
Scooby could be a Lilmothiit.
Or just make him Barbas.
>>
>>46141275
True, I guess Nord or Imperial might make some sense. Can the argonians canonically reproduce with any other race?

I know notes on racial phylogeny is the closest to a canon source for most of this stuff (even though most of it seems to be arguably wrong/at the level of medieval medicine)
>>
There are some things we'll never agree on.
>>
>>46141252
Change Argonian to Altmer or Breton, and you have it.
>>
File: u11_6877576675_o.jpg (2 MB, 2504x2850) Image search: [Google]
u11_6877576675_o.jpg
2 MB, 2504x2850
>>46141316
Oh so that's what this was about, I was wondering. Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>46141352
If they can, no one has ever seen it.
>>
>>46141364
I disagree.
>>
>>46141365
Shaggy isn't elfy or magic enough to work with Altmer or Bretons. Nord or Imperial is the best choice.
>>
>>46141252
What's the Mystery Machine then? A derelict mothship that Fred drives?
>>
>>46141328
I dunno,
I'm still not sold on Shaggy yet. I'm kinda leaning towards Nord the more I think about it. Like a gangly farmer boy who's family moved to Orcrrest or something and learned acrobatics to get by on the streets until he met S'koob while running from bullies who wanted his woodblock collection.
>>
>>46141433
Some strange reman-era land-rover of unknown make, origin, and purpose.
It's called the Mystery Machine because nobody knows anything about it.
>>
File: spikedsteamroller01_6877565823_o.jpg (221 KB, 1602x1354) Image search: [Google]
spikedsteamroller01_6877565823_o.jpg
221 KB, 1602x1354
>>46141374
On that note, if anybody is interested in some of the high-resolution Adamowicz concept art I'd be willing to dump some of what I've got.
>>
>>46141435
Orc Shaggy would kinda work with the relatives everywhere, orc clans seem to marry outside a lot and with the massive overrepresentation they have in the legion, there's probably settled orc veterans everywhere.
>>
>>46141413
Shaggy isn't Nordic or having anything to do with Imperials.
Bretons are thin and Druidy, Altmer are Lanky and tall.
>>
>>46141435
Eh, I think Argonian works for Shaggy.
>>
>>46141433
It's either a dwemer mechapalenquin, or I was thinking it could be a little silt strider grub or a chaurus with speed buggy personality.
>>
Shaggy is the opposite of a Nord. He's not violent or boastful or loud or hairy or muscley.
>>
>>46141462
It's always a pleasure.
>>
>>46141316
>>46141374
They are clearly not Falmer given the ears.
Much more likely just sacrifices to the Dragons or Priests.
>>
>>46141482
There's nothing druish about him, he collects comics and plays shit tonnes of vidya.

There's no way he didn't grow up playing shell games and collecting arena prints while growing up in an urban Elswyer city like orcrrest.
>>
>>46141487
My first criteria for figuring out which of the taller races I'd go with was pretty dumb honestly.
I went with the one that had acrobatics as a racial
>>
>>46141574
I'm dumb, I meant athletics
>>
>>46141559
I'm pretty sure in his notes Adam specifically said they were Falmer, and this how how they made magic dust out of them.
>>
>>46141609
There are notes?
>>
>>46141654
I remember reading it somewhere.
>>
File: chaurusebon01_6877480531_o.jpg (1 MB, 4179x4755) Image search: [Google]
chaurusebon01_6877480531_o.jpg
1 MB, 4179x4755
>>46141530
Alright buddy, anything in particular you want to see? I have around 700 images, there's a lot to choose from.
>>
>>46141700
Charus is best waifu.
>>
>>46141700
I'm partial to architecture and ruins.
>>
>>46141569
I'm talkin bout all dat Highrock green he grown y'nomsayn
>>
>>46141574
Argonians are pretty athletic!
>>
>>46141729
What this anon said. Bring on the architecture!

Also some armour concept art if you got em. Would be swell.
>>
File: hhrothrough14_6877526855_o.jpg (2 MB, 5400x3540) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough14_6877526855_o.jpg
2 MB, 5400x3540
>>46141726
>mimics a baby crying as a lure
>>46141729
here's high hrothgar for starters
>>
Sha'qi is Ohmes Rhat. He's so Khajiit it ain't funny.
>>
>>46141751
Wayrest Kush.
>>
>>46141790
Shaggy doesn't really conform to what any race is like, though. So I'm going with Argonian simply because I like them.
>>
File: hhrothrough13_6877526525_o.jpg (1 MB, 5400x3540) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough13_6877526525_o.jpg
1 MB, 5400x3540
>>46141779
>>46141729
Sorry if progress is a bit slow, it takes a while for me to upload these.
>>
File: hhrothrough11_6877526315_o.jpg (1 MB, 3600x2400) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough11_6877526315_o.jpg
1 MB, 3600x2400
>>46141843
>>
>>46141751
Naw'dis one wants the finest sugar the quin'rawl has to offer.

>>46141790
This one gets it.
But something about him being a gangly outlander growing up in Elswyer seems to tickle me more.
>>
>>46141843
It's fine. I really like how you can see the different Atmoran, dragon cult and Akaviri influence in the concept art architecture.
>>
>>46141841
He's got a pretty big sweet-tooth, and when scared jumps super high.
His athletic score is so low he runs in place for a few seconds before he can actually move.

Check and mate.
>>
File: hhrothrough10_6877526169_o.jpg (893 KB, 3600x2100) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough10_6877526169_o.jpg
893 KB, 3600x2100
>>46141880
>>46141900
It's a shame a lot of these details stuff got shaved off in the game.
>>
>>46141908
>His athletic score is so low he runs in place for a few seconds before he can actually move.
But he can swooce. Low athletics can't do that. Argonian athletics would let him accomplish such feats.
>>
>>46141840
Somma dat dank Daggerfall drow.
>>
File: img013_6877529759_o.jpg (1 MB, 2417x1827) Image search: [Google]
img013_6877529759_o.jpg
1 MB, 2417x1827
>>46141953
This might have been planned for High Hrothgar as well but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>46141990
Dancing and whatnot is acrobatics and agility.
>>
>>46141953
I haven't played the main quest enough to see it myself, but I like the design of the blades temple. The concept art for that is fantastic.

It's also cool how the cult ruins resemble dragon skeletal structures. I'm glad some of this made it in.
>>
File: hhrothrough07_6877526073_o.jpg (287 KB, 2262x1072) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough07_6877526073_o.jpg
287 KB, 2262x1072
>>46141900
Some of the High Hrothgar ones have really prominent Akaviri elements.
>>
>>46141841
If anyone was an Argonian it'd be Daffny anyway. She's pretty narrow, but toned lizard curvs would suit , and Argonians did okay for themselves in the Nibinea basin, her family could have easily started out as immigrant gem traders than got into the royal family by supplying jewelry and gem craft for the palace. Plus, they're a pretty well branched out species, they don't really settle on any one profession.
And orange feather hair.
>>
>>46142006
>tfw there was supposed to be an Addiction-style quest in Skyrim
>>
>>46142049
Fitting for mountaintop pacifist combat monks.
>>
>>46142071
Hm. I'd be pretty okay with an Argonian Daphne.
>>
File: hhrothrough06_6877526025_o.jpg (553 KB, 3276x1552) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough06_6877526025_o.jpg
553 KB, 3276x1552
>>46142049

notice the difference in the architecture between >>46141953 and this image.
>>
>>46142071
What? Daphne is supposed to ensure the pretty, dapper one. Red headed Dunmer Hlaalu, or redheaded Altmeri Noble.
>>
>>46142075
>TFW they could have done amazingly creative things but left it as window dressing.
>>
>>46142049
Of all the things Skyrim failed at, one of the worst things must have been the loss of scale and scope. Sky Haven Temple, High Hrothgar, Whiterun Hold etc. Compare the latter to the valleys of Skellige in the Witcher 3; it's far from impossible to create that kind of impressive scenery.
>>
>>46142071
The only curves Argonians have are their joints.
>>
>>46142006
>>46142049
>>46142116
>there are no rickety bridges in Skyrim
>>
>>46142104
Yeah, it could work. I still prefer Bosmer, but it could work.
>>
>>46142148
I'm mostly amazed that it took them as much time as Oblivion to make something more disappointing. Did they just strip most of the TES team for Fallout and ESO in the middle of development?
>>
>>46142126
I just can't really see the elfyness in.her though. And only ashlanders are even savvy at survival, Argonians are pretty jack of all.

It'd be a little bland making her a Dirreni or Hlaalu. They're both too stuffy and cautious.
>>
>>46142148
Witcher 3 even had a flying whale in an environment like this >>46142006
>>
>>46142193
It did?
>>
>>46142185
If you can't see elfyness in Daphne of all characters, who the hell could you imagine as an elf?
>>
File: hhrothrough02_6877525921_o.jpg (569 KB, 3600x1552) Image search: [Google]
hhrothrough02_6877525921_o.jpg
569 KB, 3600x1552
>>46142148
I totally agree with you buddy, one of the biggest gripes I have with the game myself.
>>46142167
I believe there is one on the way from High Hrothgar to the top of the Throat of the World.

>>46142040
I'll have to be away for a while, I'll come back with the Blades/Skyhaven temple stuff.
>>
>>46142226
Yeah. You go on a vision quest at one point and hallucinate it.
>>
>>46142160
Are you high?
>>
>>46139204
Don't forget to add the Redguard who is convinced he's a Maromer and will cut up anyone who says otherwise.
>>
>>46142185
That's why I support a civilized Bosmer. Handy and dainty.
>>
>>46142293
You are. Those weeds are making you view Argonian women as attractive.
>>
>>46142361
>tfw argonian breasts are actually a hallucination caused by hist-laden pheromones
>>
>>46142331
>>46142240
>>46142168
>>46142160
>>46142126
>>46142104
Well, let's not focus too hard on it.

What kind of mysteries would they run into? There's like, hundreds of actual tombs. It seemed Oblivion probably had you solve the most mysteries, but they were all petty cases of neighbors and colleagues screwing with eachother.
>>
>>46142148
But that would have required the landscape to be weird, alien and fantastic as opposed to being a theme park adventure.

We've gone a long way since Daggerfall as you can tell from the three cities with unique buildings and almost two whole different inn interiors copy pasted 30 times.
>>
>>46142409
Don't forget the haunted house in Anvil.
I imagine they banish a lot of ghosts.
>>
>>46141700
Is there any neat archive for TES concept art or something?

>>46142148
Yeah, but CDPR is also capable of building an engine pretty mich from scratch. I don't think you could easily do something similair in the 3rd party software Beth uses.
I think you really need a tailored engine for something the scale of W3, and that is something Beth can't into
>>
>>46142440
>everyone thinks the ghosts are just drunk bandits playing tricks
>every time it's real ghosts
>>
>>46137289
the only thing about TR i personally don't like is that they hadn't rigged their new curiasses properly, so the waists arn't attached to the waistbone of the lowerbody and swing about on the chestbone
>>
>>46142409
Quest wise, a lot of the sidequests in Oblivion and Morrowind would probably be fitting. Slightly less so in Skyrim, but still there's the Jarls' quests for Solitude and Morthal, there's a couple of side quests, some of the daedric quests.

>>46142445
Didn't they get people who are good at engines when Beth bought Id or is Todd afraid of linux cooties in his precious TES/Fallout series?
>>
>>46142445
Most of the Skyrim art is on Bethesda's Flickr. There's art from Morrowind and Oblivion on the UESP and Imperial Library, and Morrowind art on MK's blog.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.