[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/epg/ Eclipse Phase General: Space Suit Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
File: SmartVacsuit.jpg (368 KB, 1280x1601) Image search: [Google]
SmartVacsuit.jpg
368 KB, 1280x1601
Old Thread: >>46080724

OFFICIAL BOOKS
>Eclipse Phase PDFs
http://robboyle.wordpress.com/eclipse-phase-pdfs
>Zone Stalkers
http://www.mediafire.com/view/d0hpgo776xpx50p/Eclipse_Phase_Zone_Stalkers.pdf
>Morph Recognition Guide
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j4bjbba89kw8v0y/Eclipse_Phase_Morph_Recognition_Guide_%286098716%29.pdf
>Million Year Echo
http://www.mediafire.com/view/f53f1c5yq777tpk/Million_Year_Echo.pdf
>Firewall (Updated):
http://www.mediafire.com/view/9jg6q9d9kqa59qu/Eclipse_Phase_Firewall_(7029562).pdf

PLAY AIDS:
>10 things you should know about Eclipse Phase
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qnrh0w7H0Jl2_CSsySRxcs4ugw27xsBIk5MYwXq2nDQ/edit
>Advice for new players and GMs
http://pastebin.com/e0EErN6X
>Online character creator
http://eclipsephase.next-loop.com/Creator/version4/index.php
>Eclipse Phase hacking cheet sheet
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?axe1vs35muk4juh
>Eclipse Phase xls Character sheet
https://sites.google.com/site/eclipsephases/home/cabinet

HOMEBREW AND COMMUNITY CONTENT:
>3 new adventures for your use in convenient PDF form
http://awdaberton.wordpress.com/about/
>Various Eclipse Phase fanmade resources, and links to more
http://www.aleph.se/EclipsePhase/
>An Eclipse Phase yearblog full of items, locations, NPCs, and plot hooks
http://www.farcastblog.com
>Community homebrew document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19Gy02gp6-WPQ3SoN_24kLPTUu5EjFO8qh_9pjJSVrrY/edit
>A metric shit ton of additional guns/ammo/weapon mods
http://eclipsephase.com/sites/default/files/UltimatesGuideToCombat11a.pdf
>>
File: smartclothes.png (554 KB, 820x436) Image search: [Google]
smartclothes.png
554 KB, 820x436
So last time we talked a bit about fashion styles, and I actually found in my notes on some stuff for fashion types I wrote for some stuff around Elysium.

Old Wave: Based on the 1980s, combining minimal or athletic fashion for informal, and power styles for formal, many in pastel or neon colors. Light athletics tops, miniskirts, leggings, bike shorts, stirrup pants and hawaiian shirts are not uncommon as casual wear, and pinstripe suits with slightly flared pants, thin ties and large shoulder pads are common, and puffy “pirate” shirts as formal. Trench Coats, leather or fur jackets and sweaters are not uncommon, but a good indicator you’re middle or lower class and cannot afford environmental mods. Gloves are common for either sex. Due to heavy influence from the Indian subcontinent, slim variants of traditional indian clothes such as the sari or sarong and the sherwani long coat in appropriate colors are also common.
>>
File: image.png (86 KB, 349x347) Image search: [Google]
image.png
86 KB, 349x347
First for the Jovians did nothing wrong. Backups don't solve immortality it's the transporter problem again. Sure, they're authoritarian but the Earth did just get destroyed and the TITANs' agents are still out there. Frankenfreaks and anarkiddos get out.
>>
File: SmartClothesorCritter.png (2 MB, 1281x854) Image search: [Google]
SmartClothesorCritter.png
2 MB, 1281x854
>>46130483

Carnaval de Elysium: Inspired by Elysium's love of skin and festival clothing common with Central and South America and the Caribbean, this involves very minimal clothing such as short skirts or loincloths and tube or crop tops or no tops. Cloaks or huipil tunics and sashes aren’t unheard of. Hair sashes or feathered headdresses are typical for head wear. Beads as accessories or on clothing are popular, along with flashy colors and luminescence. Footwear often includes comfortable sandals, and furred or feathered leg-warmers imported from Noctis. Some of these items are made with actual alpaca wool, grown in farms located in West Elysium.
>>
File: Splicer 3.jpg (124 KB, 484x600) Image search: [Google]
Splicer 3.jpg
124 KB, 484x600
>>46130522

Neo-Regency: A French and English-derived style from the 1800s, featuring long translucent dresses of smart, chameleonic materials; tight, tall trousers and long coats or scarves and tall hats for either sex. Cravats or high collars are not uncommon for men.
>>
Am I the only one that can't wait for the Argonaut sourcebook?

I'd love to have smaller faction books for the Ultimates and Project OZMA for example.
>>
File: Argonaut.jpg (149 KB, 1024x1325) Image search: [Google]
Argonaut.jpg
149 KB, 1024x1325
>>46130609
>Am I the only one that can't wait for the Argonaut sourcebook?
I actually want to run a game pre-Fall, covering the Argonaut rebellion? Uploading and whole brain emulation don't exist yet, fusion spacecraft have just entered common use, the very first uplifts have happened...the players would be Argonauts involved in planning and staging the rebellion against the hypercorps.

In 10AF, Argonauts are a politically-neutral-ish science faction. In 20BF, they're the radicals who stuck it to the corps...and won.
>>
does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle malware and stuff?
>>
File: suit.jpg (69 KB, 600x667) Image search: [Google]
suit.jpg
69 KB, 600x667
I love everything about this game but it's the kind of thing that my friends just aren't overly interested in. I don't think I'll get to play it any time soon, but I just love reading about it. Thanks for the pdf dump.
>>
File: My Old Team.jpg (294 KB, 1024x1512) Image search: [Google]
My Old Team.jpg
294 KB, 1024x1512
Anybody have any combat-footage style pics of soldiers fighting on Mars?
>>
File: Martian Streets 5.jpg (281 KB, 1280x672) Image search: [Google]
Martian Streets 5.jpg
281 KB, 1280x672
>>
File: Intercepted.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1268) Image search: [Google]
Intercepted.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1268
>>
What is this meme on /epg/ about prostitutes, how did it happen, and what is your opinion on it?
>>
>>46130504
Sure, whatever floats your boat man.
>>
>>46130504
How cute, a banana republic in space that thinks it stands a chance against the AI Outer Gods.
>>
>>46134804
But, Anon, burying your head in the sand is a valid security strategy. Remember our forefathers! Duck and cover!
>>
>>46130504
>the transporter problem
Stop trying to make 'the transporter problem' happen. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>46134837
>burying your head in the sand
>a valid security strategy
>not a security blanket for the frightened masses

Wooden desks can't block plutonium radiation.
>>
>>46135020
>plutonium radiation
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>46135027
Uranium radiation then, or whatever's in atom bombs.
>>
>>46135038
Are you from 1949?
>>
>>46135038
https://www.mirion.com/introduction-to-radiation-safety/types-of-ionizing-radiation/
>>
>>46135107
No, but my mom was.
>>46135120
Well, I'm wrong about the radiation thing. You win this round.

The shockwave would still blow the school kids straight to Hell.
>>
>>46135220
Depends on proximity and yield
>>
Where did the impression that antimatter bombs will annihilate sizable amounts of matter come from? Sure, they'll be energetic, but all the antimatter will actually annihilate is a portion of the bomb casing (unless someone can come up with a way to store antimatter where the container weighs less than the antimatter).

After that, most of the reaction's energy ends up in pions and neutrinos anyway.
>>
File: SD_DSC5597_smallweb.jpg (513 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
SD_DSC5597_smallweb.jpg
513 KB, 1600x1067
>>
>>46136482
I've always said that neutron bombs are the best way to deal with femtotech and a close second to deal with anything else.
>>
>>46134837
>>46135020
The purpose of ducking and covering isn't to protect against radiation, it's to protect against the flash and shockwave, and especially against flying objects like glass that would result from a nuclear attack. It's actually still best practices for people being bombed. Remember that a component was to get to the lowest floor of whatever building you were in, ideally the basement.
>>
>>46132493
It's a common career in the PC. Plus eclipse phase has a lot of deviancy built into the setting so /epg/ just takes it all the way.

>there will never be an eclipse phase version of oglaf
>>
File: 1402122007410.png (602 KB, 843x735) Image search: [Google]
1402122007410.png
602 KB, 843x735
>>
>>46132493
Because under RAW dumb AI can do most things humans used to be able to do, getting physical skills up to 40 and knowledge (including profession) skills up to 80. This means that an infugee with no skills is going to be totally unemployable, except for jobs where people want real humans for reasons other than competency. The most common of these jobs in the year 10 AF is prostitution, and therefore the most common job for infugee indentures is prostitute. Notably, in the year 10 AF prostitution is genuinely a 'floor job,' something that anyone can take regardless of their skills, age or physical appearance, thanks to transhuman technology.
>>
>>46139369

Well, really, there's a whole class of jobs which are so basic that even a dumb infugee can do them and thus is is actually cheaper to just buy up cheap indenture contracts than license AI templates, but none of those are as memetic as prostitution. Canonically, "adult entertainment" contracts also pay out faster than say "terraforming line worker".
>>
>>46139562

Basically, in the Inner System the job market has a few layers. The bottom layer isn't AI, it's Indentures, because those jobs are so basic and so cheap, buying up the amount of AIs or sophisticated bots you need isn't worth it. Whereas throw a human in a Case at the problem and they can be told "figure it out".

Then comes the layer where there's just enough sophistication and rote performance that you can completely automate everything, or are traditionally run by AI. Humans almost never enter this layer, unless they're performing tasks AI are no longer trusted with or they're the most bottom-line, and neither of those is probably fun for humans, like running a microfactory off a infomorph sweatshop.

Then you actually get into competition with enfranchised people for something resembling actual skills. AIs are good, and presumably are a one-time cost, generally, but they're not broad or adaptive. Now, finding an indenture with semi-specific skills, or at least who meets a basic training requirement isn't hard, but if you're talking actual in-demand skills then they have a decent negotiating point, you might have to negotiate for a real morph or some other payout cost, a person who already has a body and the skills you need can compete if you want to pay out slightly more cash now but less later.
>>
File: Lunar Fashion.jpg (148 KB, 800x788) Image search: [Google]
Lunar Fashion.jpg
148 KB, 800x788
>>
>>46139562
>>46139840
All of this is fine until you get out to Extropia, which doesn't acknowledge intellectual property law. You can copy an AI as often as you want and the Consortium's goons can't touch you, meaning there's very little left for indentures to do unless they're either extremely skilled (in which case how did they end up indentured?) or you're going to put them to work sucking dick
>>
>>46140469

Well, Extropia has an entirely different scale and system of economics too. Extropian hypercorps still don't have quite the scale or style of the members of the Consortium, and so they have different labor needs. Indenture is handled differently by them to, it is seen as a perfectly legitimate way to pay back debts owed is to basically do contract services. So the labor market there is completely different.

>(in which case how did they end up indentured?)

Bad question. Relative skill level has nothing to do with indentureship. If you're an infugee you're basically flat broke, you almost assuredly have nothing to your name but your ego. You could be the second coming of Rembrandt or Stephen Hawking or Michael Jackson and it means dick all when you're in cold storage.
>>
>>46140909
>Bad question. Relative skill level has nothing to do with indentureship

People with skills can support themselves and avoid debt bondage. People without skills can't. Skill level has everything to do with indentureship
>>
>>46129929

What is it like existing in a Processor Locus?

How many are in the inner solar system and how do those ones interact with the rest of transhumanity?

Are there any all Infomorph scum ships/fleets?
>>
>>46141183

Not if you're dead and stuck on a server they don't, which is what I said if you actually read more than the first two sentences in that response.

If you're being Re-Instantiated, you have no assets. You have to negotiate with someone just to get instanced as an infomorph, let alone get yourself a body or anything. Now, if you have a high skill level you can negotiate pretty well, but you still have to negotiate. Generally speaking the setting doesn't describe that egos recovered this way get to like, try and call their lawyer, or anything. If you were actually famous somehow, the contract service might put the word out and you'll get some parties interested in a "hire", but we know fame doesn't correlate to skill level.

Titan is the only place that I think basically has a public resleeve queue and boot you up and are like "alright, welcome to the Commonwealth. Here's your body, your crappy government house and your ration card. Let us know in the next week what civil service branch you'd like to be in and don't forget to vote!"
>>
>>46130483
1980s fashion in the 2130s seems kind of weird. It's like the hot looks of the 1860s coming back today. Vintage EP fashion is probably based on fashion trends still in our future unfortunately.

but don't let that stop you if you want those thematics
>>
>>46141552

It's a deliberate theme, since Elysium seems basically like if Hollywood and Bollywood had a baby. With an Indonesian underclass. And if you jog down a few posts, one of my other ideas really was looks from the 1800s (though that actually has integration into the story I was writing for, a bit of a bizarre theme being pushed tangentially to other memes in the area).

Of course, while EP is set something like at least 100 years in the future, their ability to reexamine the past and the longer lifespan might change that "retro" aesthetic or idea a little bit. A person can probably go back in a digital archive and watch classic cinema from the 1980s, or find scraps of news footage from that time period, etc. That's not easy for us to do with the 1860s.

Plus, steampunk subculture is a thing. And I bet some assholes are gonna bring it back in the 2100s, only with even more anachronisms.
>>
>>46141552
>>46141714

Also, in a setting where everyone's been driven off the ancestral homeworld, looking back to old styles and fashions would be something some people might do just to have a connection to home.
>>
File: async.jpg (645 KB, 720x1200) Image search: [Google]
async.jpg
645 KB, 720x1200
>>
>>46140909
>Relative skill level has nothing to do with indentureship.
It has everything to do with with skill level. The favorableness of your contract depends on the market for your skills. If a skill is valued highly, then they also will want to retain you after your contract is over. If they jewed you on the initial contract, you're less likely to accept an offer from them.
>>
>>46142433

I meant it as more of a binary factor of "are you indentured". Depending on your location in the system, your relative skill level has nothing to do with if you are indentured or not (or perhaps "start" indentured), that has to deal with your time and location relative to the Fall more than anything else. You can be at any relative skill level and if you're an infugee you basically own nothing so you almost assuredly need to take some kind of indentureship contract to get out of that situation if you're in the Inner System. Hell, you can raise questions about requiring new sleeves to undergo civil service tours on Titan in comparison to indentureship for proper enfranchisement.

It's cool you just stopped at the part you could object to instead of pulling on the back end for context.
>>
File: Pandora_PIA07632 (1).jpg (19 KB, 768x516) Image search: [Google]
Pandora_PIA07632 (1).jpg
19 KB, 768x516
>>
So I was just listening to an EP podcast because I'll never get to actually play.

Anyway, during the course of an operation, one of the PCs scammed the other PCs and sold a bunch of people into slavery, another PC suicide bombed a nightclub to gain the trust of a terrorist cell, and then they accidentally destroyed the Mars space elevator, destroying the economy for the foreseeable future.

What's the worst shit your group has done?
>>
File: petalslikebricks.jpg (107 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
petalslikebricks.jpg
107 KB, 1000x1600
I think I may have some fashion/cyberpunk pictures
>>
File: rimward synthmorph.jpg (51 KB, 600x823) Image search: [Google]
rimward synthmorph.jpg
51 KB, 600x823
>>46143380
>>
File: 1456737349673.jpg (123 KB, 924x578) Image search: [Google]
1456737349673.jpg
123 KB, 924x578
>>46143083
They convinced one of the Martian Ranger departments that a recent Barsoomian terrorist attack was actually a false flag by the Olympus Infrastructure Authority, causing a small civil war within the Tharsis League

They also give almost every ego that comes into their hands to a Nine Lives psychosurgeon to make them easier to question, even after he stated pretty unequivocally that he was taking forks for his own uses

To be fair though a lot of the bad stuff they do is more a result of limited information and the plot hooks I give them than of any genuine malice on their part
>>
File: dignified oligarch.jpg (81 KB, 795x1006) Image search: [Google]
dignified oligarch.jpg
81 KB, 795x1006
>>46143437
>>
File: more consortium shills.jpg (75 KB, 917x521) Image search: [Google]
more consortium shills.jpg
75 KB, 917x521
>>46143642
>>
File: megacorp heir.jpg (129 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
megacorp heir.jpg
129 KB, 640x905
>>46143666
>>
File: PsyChica.jpg (125 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
PsyChica.jpg
125 KB, 1000x1600
>>46143692
>>
>>46130504

If resleeving kills you, then where are all the ghosts?

Checkmate, Jovians.
>>
>>46144029
Ghosts don't exist. When a transhuman dies it goes straight to hell with the other apostates
>>
>>46141534
So an ego that has no skill at all in job negotiation will keep getting shoved back into cold storage again and again until they're finally deleted?
>>
>>46144092

Sounds like what a secret ghost would say.

I'm on to you, Ghost Republic.
>>
>>46144127
Actually, yeah. People who can't balance a checkbook and have little or no understanding of contractual law are great 'repeat customers' for indenture firms. Imagine the type of people with shitty time preference today who rack up massive credit card debt wherever possible and have trouble holding down a job. Now imagine that in addition to wage garnishment, repossessing their stuff, you could take their body too when the bills come due.
>>
>>46144127

Well, I assume after a couple interviews or however process this looks like to the infugee, they want to just accept the shitty contract and move on with their lives. Hell, some people probably want to do that the first interview.

Having actual skills means you have bargaining power, at least.

Now you've got me wondering if just skills in "job negotiation" is very applicable in the indenture matching field? Do they have indentured salesmen?
>>
>>46144415
>they want to just accept the shitty contract and move on with their lives.

That assumes that they're desperate enough to take any job or they feel they deserve to work.

>Having actual skills means you have bargaining power, at least.

That assume they believe they have any skills with any merit.
>>
>>46144492

Have I walked into some kind of contrarian zone? I mean, roll the conversation back, this is all in context. You're not raising anything new here by trotting out "dohoho you assume".

>That assumes that they're desperate enough to take any job or they feel they deserve to work.

Well, you're in cold storage or a public infomorph space. You are basically D-E-A-D dead if you don't take some kind of job offer. I suppose some people volunteer for "suicide" but most people would probably want to continue their existence. There's no free ride in the Inner System, nor is there a lot of detail about being "traded" to say Titan where there's a social safety net. So, you work or you die.

>That assume they believe they have any skills with any merit.

Yes, thank you, welcome to the conversation for today. The whole discussion is about the impact of skill level on indentureship. You don't need skills or not need skills to be in an indenture contract, but if you do possess in-demand skills you will have a better selection for contracts in basic supply/demand fashion. Otherwise hope you like sucking dicks or shoveling rocks.
>>
>>46144743
So the companies offer more and better job options for egos whose profiles have higher value skills. I get that. What I'm getting at is the mental state of the ego will also affect the results of the indenture contract negotiation, just like it does for job interviews in the real world.
An ego that was traumatized by the Fall or had preexisting depressive mental disorders would be less fit to negotiate, leading them to take worse job offers or choose effective suicide.
>>
>>46144743
>>46145016
What happens to an indenture who commits suicide? Do they get resleeved and fined, or just put back in dead storage?
>>
>>46145160

Well, if you're instanced in a physical body, if you can actually commit suicide, you'd damaging something which probably isn't your property. So you'll get a penalty on the contract and if your suicidal tendencies persist probably get some mandatory psychosurgery to sort you out. You want to die you do it on your own time. And even if your muse is bloated with corp spyware it still has a decent psychology score it can probably talk you through some shit.

If you're an infomorph, you probably do not have the admin access required to die. Any attempt to "tamper" with your own Ego would involve some actions or behaviors which would have to involve breaking your contract and possibly breaking local laws.
>>
>>46145160
Lots of different things, depending on your company and what happened. Most likely you would be restored from backup somehow, and it would cost you something.
>>
>>46145265
>>46145592
Sometimes the x-threat is just a guy trying to make sure his backups are unrecoverable.
>>
File: 1458188802462.png (162 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
1458188802462.png
162 KB, 490x360
>>46145777
>that guy who just wanted to die, but Firewall kept restoring him

Posthumans, can't live with 'em, can't kill yourself
>>
File: Blackbird.png (806 KB, 754x1250) Image search: [Google]
Blackbird.png
806 KB, 754x1250
>>
>>46139351
>>46146213
>animal synthmorphs
>canon
ree
>>
>>46146459

Yeah, uplift morphs exist and anthroform synths exist. Is there some particular reason upliftform synths can't exist?
>>
>>46146459
I mean if you're saying that someone wouldn't have made a synthmorph with tentacles for at the very least sexual reasons, I don't know what to tell you.
>>
File: spec-ops-the-line-burnout.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
spec-ops-the-line-burnout.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>46145855
>you don't want to complete the mission so humanity can go on living
>you just want to complete it so you can go back to being dead
>>
>>46146488

I don't see why they can't. Put's a cramp in my idea for an neo-gorilla biker bitch with clearly visable cyber limbs and augmentations
>>
File: false king allant.gif (2 MB, 245x300) Image search: [Google]
false king allant.gif
2 MB, 245x300
>>46146559
>the Sentinel who let humanity to go extinct so that it would all be over
>>
>>46143692
>heir
>having any meaning at all anymore
>>
>>46146459
Are you for fucking real?
>>
>>46147326

That's literally what half of Mars is. Paris Hilton with even less point to their existence.
>>
>>46144743
>There's no free ride in the Inner System

Even in the outer system you'll get booted from the hab if you don't pull your weight.
>>
>>46147326
>>46147473

I mean, ideally, even as an immortal, presumably you'd like to kick back and enjoy your infinity once and awhile. You need people to do that, and who's better people than your own flesh and blood? Then there's all the classic family politicking you can do and other things. Hell, the Pax Familae is nothing but a family unit.

Heir in the most traditional sense might not be true, but being a hyperelite scion is still a big deal.
>>
>>46147712

Well, the I don't think I can particularly point to spot in the books which says exactly how things in Titan work in that sense. I mean, you're supposed to run on the New Economy, but are also a socialist system with transparent government agencies instead of the wider community. The only social pressure in Titan seems to be to vote, so does that mean if you just stay at home and vote you get a bed and food?
>>
>>46147770
Titan has conscription. All citizens are required to perform 6 years military or civil service
>>
>>46147931
>6 years

I thought it was 2.
>>
>>46148048
It's either the Republic, the Commonwealth or Hyoden that requires 6
>>
>>46147716
The way my hyperelite scion saw it, modern technology just means you have to be...proactive...about securing your inheritance, with methods ranging from the sublime to the absolutely vulgar.
>>
>>46148576
Mine got cash to start her own business.
>>
>>46148576
Without retirement there's less reason to hoard money. Money can still be given away.
>>
What sorts of things could a hyperelite use an infuge for that otherwise could be operated by an AI? Light switches, doors, AC, etc.? Probably as a way of 'showing generosity' by bringing people out of cold storage.
>>
>>46148911
A living rug that creeps around the house, envelops and strangles intruders
>>
>>46148068
Hyoden does six, Titan does two
>>
File: mushin-no-shin-e1409671316480.jpg (122 KB, 905x666) Image search: [Google]
mushin-no-shin-e1409671316480.jpg
122 KB, 905x666
>>46148707
That's nice, if you plan on being grandson #31, owning some mid level advertising firm and fuckall else.

I want the whole thing.

>>46148754
Have you *met* my gramps? Money is how he keeps score. If he's giving money, he's expecting to get something out of it, even if that something is to piss of his rivals and make them spend more money on something stupid.
>>
What's Jovian fashion like? Vunusian? Ultimate? Exhuman?
>>
>>46149049
>What's Jovian fashion like?
Designed by Hugo Boss.

>>46149049
>Vunusian?
Super gay.

>>46149049
>Ultimate?
Also designed by Hugo Boss, if Hugo Boss was also a wannabe samurai.

>>46149049
>Exhuman?
Chameleon systems interwoven with heat-absorbing ablative layers. They look invisible because they are not visible, until it is way, way too late.
>>
>>46148911
It's called conspicuous consumption. The purpose is to show that you are wealthy, yet sophisticated. You hire people for things to show that they can afford to pay for them, but it only works if they're there to be noticed. You have as many servants as a Victorian estate. You become a patron of the arts, but you own the artists and the art.
>>
>>46149049
>Jovian
Gay

>Venusian
Super gay

>Ultimate
Like Tom of Finland but gayer

>Exhuman
Going to roll the dice here and say pretty gay
>>
>>46148911
100 separate infugees are much more resistant to tampering than 100 copies of the same ALI
>>
>>46149034
>If he's giving money, he's expecting to get something out of it, even if that something is to piss of his rivals and make them spend more money on something stupid.

I'm not about to complain about why I got money.
>>
To be clear, the 500 million inhabitants of the solar system given on pg 38 doesn't include infugees in cold storage, right?

If not, are there any hard numbers on the number of infugees in cold storage?
>>
>>46150095

No, I believe the 500 million is the number of instanced individuals currently in the system (roughly).

There is no exact number of people in cold storage, probably because there's not exactly a good way to take a survey, but it's suggested to be large. Personally, I'd wager at least enough to equal the amount of people already instanced, probably more, but I assume it's not a fixed number so you could set it however you like. You want to be a thing that the Consortium is gonna run out of infugees in the next 10 years, or that Titan could work for 100 years and never sleeve everybody in cold storage, take your pick.
>>
>>46150095
>>46150230
http://eclipsephase.com/ep-demographics-summary-what-we-know
>>
>>46147712
The pressures are different in the outer system, though. Anarchists, if the pressures of the job are getting to you they'll tell you to take an hour off, pop a few cold ones and watch a simulated sunset with them. An indenture on Mars gets told that's what the antidepressant dispenser next to their workstation is for and to quit wasting company time whining. Also, the cost of the antidepressants is taken out of your pay. And taking at least two a day is, for complex legal reasons, mandatory.
>>
>>46150697

Also, if you're actually pulling your weight in an anarchist hab and you, trip and smash your knee or accidentally stick your hand in the incinerator or something, the community will effectively shell out the cost for getting you slapped back together.

On Mars if you, say, get into a bicycle accident and crack something open, one way or the other the cost for that is coming out of your pocket, either a direct charge to whatever medical entity sends a Dr. Bot to you or to an insurance policy you already have paid for. And if, say, you're an indenture in a shitty pod you don't own, the medical bills and the lost time are going on the tail end of your contract.
>>
>>46150697
Yeah it's different. Doesn't make it a free ride, just an easier one.
>>
File: Average Scum.jpg (240 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Average Scum.jpg
240 KB, 600x900
>>
Suppose someone performs 2 years of civil service on TITAN, then forks into multiple distinct individuals. What then?
>>
File: 1430083638946.jpg (923 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1430083638946.jpg
923 KB, 1280x960
>>
File: EPG.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
EPG.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
>>46150809

But basic biomods can literally do limb regeneration, what's stopping them from healing you from a bicycle accident? Or do basic biomods work different on Mars for some reason
>>
>>46152547

You heal naturally much quicker and more extremely than normal, but a dunk in a healing vat or a roll of nanobandages heals even quicker. I don't remember the exact scale, but isn't it at least twice as fast. That's all time you could be working, or may be contractually obligated to be working.

>Or do basic biomods work different on Mars for some reason

Also, wouldn't be surprised. The corps will do some pretty shitty things if you let them get away with them.
>>
Are the premade EP adventures/campaigns good enough to run, or are they really questionable like other systems?
>>
>>46150809
>shell out the cost for getting you slapped back together

What cost? Presumably the healing vat is a public resource in an anarchist habitat. It's not owned by one person who is trying to extract profit from it's use. Sure, you might have to wait your turn if there's a queue. You might even want to use some of your reputation from pulling your weight to skip that queue if the busted knee is a real problem for you.
>>
>>46142398
Asyncs don't get to do anything physical barring psychic stab.

Very depressing.
>>
>>46143083
Fork-napped Alphas, resleeved them into neotenics and then sold them into the sex industry.
>>
>>46154790
At this point, the GM should have taken your character sheets away, and handed you a bunch of character sheets for the fork-napped neotenics, kickstarting a campaign of "you do horrible shit to people and in return do horrible shit to other people".

Four sessions later, the solar system is burning.
>>
>>46152623
It's way more than twice as fast if a significant amount of tissue is gone
>>
>>46154302
They can shoot people
>>
>>46154302
>Asyncs don't get to do anything physical
Yes, all you can do is boost your aptitudes through the roof, read minds, sense exsurgent infection, and operate unknown tech at a glance. In a game of spy drama, conspiracy, and horror. How underpowered.
>>
>>46143083
we once hid an autonomous nuclear weapon production and distribution station somewhere in the main belt. Its a dumb AI operated bomb factory that will provide its wares at wholesale prices to anyone that places an order, then send them by a shipping container with a cheap thruster on the back. It has enough uranium to function for another three years, producing five stratgic warheads each earth month, as well as asorted smaller weapons. Its ads are posted in a sea on spam on the mesh
>>
>>46136482
>Where did the impression that antimatter bombs will annihilate sizable amounts of matter come from? Sure, they'll be energetic, but all the antimatter will actually annihilate is a portion of the bomb casing (unless someone can come up with a way to store antimatter where the container weighs less than the antimatter).

When antimatter annihilates matter both are converted to energy. The conversion is energetic enough to release a large amount of destructive force from a very small annihilation.
>>
Y'know for a setting that tries to depict the inner system as a shitty place to live in comparison to the egalitarian outer system it's a lot more interesting location for telling stories and adventures. Mars alone has space Las Vegas next to a stargate, Dune nomads, Martian city-state intrigue, a TITAN Quarantine Zone, and only the largest goddamn city in the solar system.

Your typical autonomist hab has...nothing. No crime, no intrigue, no bad guys to contend with, because I guess the rep system is that perfect. Per Rimward, the only real sources of friction are "minor resource shortages" and "inner system brats that cause trouble". The only way I see using autonomist habitats is to use them as future exsurgent hives, and the only cool outer system factions to not use as cannon fodder are the Jovians, ultimates, brinkers...basically anyone that's not the autonomists. Except maybe Titan.
>>
>>46157452
>Your typical autonomist hab has...nothing. No crime, no intrigue, no bad guys to contend with, because I guess the rep system is that perfect.

[citation needed]
>>
>>46157452
Titan is still pretty cosmopolitan and for all its seeming utopia there's a lot of intrigue brewing under the surface. Plus they are on the brink of war with the Jovians. As for ways to make the anarchists more interesting, they are probably just as likely to mess with X-risks, but more out of a "you can't tell me what to do!" mindset than greed or hubris like the PC. Also they are actively supportive of anarchist groups in other polities which can lead to riots, terrorism, you name it. Plus if you get into a major tussle on an anarchist hab more than likely you will end up fighting a reasonably well equipped mob of randos with nothing better to do and their whole way of life on the line. Everyone on a hab probably knows each other well so they won't take kindly to you spacing Rick, even if Rick might have been secretly an exhuman
>>
>>46157913
>Everyone on a hab probably knows each other well so they won't take kindly to you spacing Rick, even if Rick might have been secretly an exhuman
M-morty, I'm not an exhuman, okay? You got that? Exhuman is, is, it's a fi*URRP* filthy slur, used by small, petty minded, um, rigid little tyrants. Tyrants who think everyone should *URP* think like they do, Morty. It's a filthy slur and I don't, I don't wanna hear it. Anyway, it's not true in the first place. I'm a singularity seeker, Morty. I do science. I don't turn myself into a xenomorph for fun and games. I tried it once, no fun. No idea what people see in that life, Morty.
>>
>>46157913

Why the fuck couldn't all these points been in Rimward, rather than that god awful Autonomist Alliance section that reads as literal anarchist propaganda. I mean jeez I'm more sympathetic to anarchism than a lot of people I know but that section almost made me barf.

The Planetary Consortium section in Sunward, meanwhile, was written in-character by people who blatantly hate the hypercorps/PC. Because that makes sense, I guess. Honestly the upcoming X-Risks book would be so much better if it was actually written from the point of view of Ozma or Oversight, not more jaded, witty Firewall agents.
>>
>>46157452
In Firewall they mention offhand that when Anarchist habitats are exposed to X risks Firewall typically kills everyone onboard, since viruses, infoweapons and dangerous secrets all spread faster there than any other faction
>>
>>46158300
That always infuriates me. Anarchists are literally the perfect hosts for exsurgency and fill in every last criteria to make sure it spreads like wildfire. And this is consistently ignored and downplayed to maintain the space elves' glamour, while every downside of the inner system is put under an electron microscope.
>>
>>46158345

Uh, that's because the reputation system keeps everything in check you inner system neanderthal. If an exsurgent tries to spread the virus onto a habitat, its rep will be downvoted to the point where it will have no choice but to leave and no longer disturb anyone.
>>
>>46158084
I'm genuinely surprised that after someone posted those Futurama stat blocks nobody made any of the R&M characters in EP
>>
I have a question. Rimward makes the point again and again that conventional military takeover of anarchist habs is next to impossible, because anarchists would rather die than be ruled, and will self destruct their habs if they think they're about to lose. Why, then, would anyone bother trying conventional takeover of anarchist habs? Nuke them all and rebuild once the anarchist roaches are all dead. They've boxed themselves into a war of extermination, so why has no one taken them up on those terms instead of idiotically charging headlong into a fight whose rules have fundamentally changed?
>>
File: 1456739228227.jpg (516 KB, 1000x536) Image search: [Google]
1456739228227.jpg
516 KB, 1000x536
>>46158535
There was a university professor who came up with what he thought was the perfect solution to Palestinian terrorism in Israel: an artillery gun that automatically shelled the occupied territories whenever the Palestinians shelled Israeli territory, blew up a bus, stabbed someone, etc. The idea is that since it would be totally automated, there would never be any question about whether the political will would exist to retaliate. Moreover, since it would be totally autonomous and triggered by the actions of the attackers, they would bear moral responsibility for the casualties it caused on their own side. For a number of reasons nobody appears to have taken his advice.

What I'm proposing is that the Republic do the same thing. Every time an anarchist terrorist bombs one of their habs and kills their citizens, poisons the water supply, spaces people, whatever, they have a mass driver or an orbital laser or something that fires on a randomly selected autonomist hab.
>>
>>46158535
>Why, then, would anyone bother trying conventional takeover of anarchist habs?

Who do you think is trying to take over anarchist habs in this situation?

>They've boxed themselves into a war of extermination

With who!?

>Nuke them all and rebuild once the anarchist roaches are all dead.

So let me get this straight, there's this habitat floating in space. You have no need of it. It offers you absolutely nothing. Some guy you don't like has that bit of space? Good news! There's plenty of space to go around. In Space. Where there is a lot of space. Blowing them up is a waste of perfectly useful heavy metals.
>>
>>46158746
>Who do you think is trying to take over anarchist habs in this situation?
Usually the PC, given that there is a de facto state of war between the AA, Jovians, and PC
>With who!?
See above
>So let me get this straight, there's this habitat floating in space. You have no need of it. It offers you absolutely nothing. Some guy you don't like has that bit of space?
Problem is, that guy thinks your entire way of life is an X threat and plans to destabilize and destroy you. The only way to stop him sending agents and terrorists to fuck with you is to kill him. Because he will never stop until you are dead or converted.
>>
>>46158801
>Usually the PC, given that there is a de facto state of war between the AA, Jovians, and PC

But it's not a military, guns blazing, hot war though, is it? You can point to each of the factions - well, the big players at least - and go "these guys can wipe out all their enemies", so the fact that they haven't to me indicates that it's not a war that any of them are really that interested in fighting. The cost of escalating things is far too high; you can grumble about the ecoterrorists on Mars sponsored by the Autonomists, but the cost of launching the nukes is higher than the occasional incidental cost of a terrorist bombing.

The cold war between the Warsaw Pact and NATO wasn't won by throwing nuclear weapons at one another until there was nobody left. People on both sides realised that this doesn't help; congratulations, you won the ideological war, but now most of the people who might hold that ideology is dead and those who aren't have nowhere to live that isn't an irradiated hell.

>The only way to stop him sending agents and terrorists to fuck with you is to kill him.

Are we reading the same book? The one that says that the mind is software and that death is disease that can be cured? Blowing up a habitat is costly and solves nothing. A more nuanced approach is required; it's not death or conversion that'll stop the terrorist, it's only conversion. The answer, then, are things like memetic and economic warfare - which is the sort of warfare that is already being employed in the setting.
>>
>>46156669
+5 isn't exactly 'through the roof'. And it's only to mental attributes. You can operate tech, but not make it function well, or through any more than one method, or understand it.

By physical, I mean what you're seeing in the picture. And even stab isn't really a 'physical' effect, it's just causing a fucking hemorrhage.
>>
>>46157452
Not to mention they neglected to give low gravity rules. It kind of, you know, massively changes combat. And everything.
>>
>>46158203
Because the authors are big fans of politics and economy in the outer system, to the point of subscribing to it themselves?
>>
>>46159046
Except that in space, you don't have to worry about places to live being an irradiated hell. You've literally just erased a big pile of virus/cancer cells by annihilating the autonomists. They even mention RKV's somewhere in the books. A few of those would be perfect for ending the autonomist problem.

There are plenty of cells that are going out of their way to destabilize the PC.
>>
>>46158801
Or use memetic warfare to discredit them as weirdo yahoos. Also any use of WMDs in the outer system is a declaration of war on Titan, own of the strongest Navies in the system
>>
>>46158203
I pulled a lot of that from Rimward, at least the Titan stuff terrorism things. For Ancom info Firewall has a big run down on why anarchists can be a big threat and often get exterminated as mentioned by other anons here.
>>
>>46159223
A PC navy kicked the AA to the curb until Titan stepped in. They were readying a bigger navy when the JR made it pretty clear that they wouldn't tolerate the AA being stomped.
>>
File: 213712736.jpg (12 KB, 349x347) Image search: [Google]
213712736.jpg
12 KB, 349x347
>>46159223

>Titan
>Strongest navy in the system

Really easy to forget who actually won the Battle of Locus for you autonomists I see.
>>
>>46159280
So basically every human dies in your scenario because some idiot with an anarchist tattoo blows up a tractor on Mars? There is no profit in fighting the AA and a lot of risk of mutually assured destruction. Better to use them as a scary boogeyman to keep your "voters" in line.
>>
File: 1458255298000.jpg (33 KB, 503x335) Image search: [Google]
1458255298000.jpg
33 KB, 503x335
>>46159323
No, just the anarchists. Humanity is preserved longer without the cancer vectors. The AA has no WMDs - there is no MAD risk.
>>
>>46159338
And profit wise, well, now there are entire gas giants for easy exploitation.
>>
>>46159206
>You've literally just erased a big pile of virus/cancer cells by annihilating the autonomists.

So you know, when they cut the cancer out of you, and then a few months later you go back for a scan and they go "well, yeah, the cancer has spread to your [INSERT OTHER ORGAN HERE]".

Well done, you destroyed the morphs of those people in the habitat. So they spread out. I mean, they're already massively distributed, not just amongst the outer system, but within the inner system as well.

The answer to the question "why don't you just kill them?" is there in the tagline for the game. Your body is a shell. Death is disease. Extinction is the only threat, and nobody wants that.
>>
Goddamnit /epg/ why can't I just have a cool space war with space marines landing on a space rock to kill spacemen. None of this "well just throw memes at them/discredit them/use boring babby cold war tactics".

>tfw Starship Troopers will never actually happen in the setting
>>
>>46159383
>Goddamnit /epg/ why can't I just have a cool space war with space marines landing on a space rock to kill spacemen

There's got to be a thread about the 40k RPGs up on /tg/ somewhere, Anon.
>>
>>46159381
>Extinction is the only threat, and nobody wants that.
I do. Less competition for me when I bootstrap myself to Seed AI status and eat the TITANs alive.
>>
>>46159381
The autonomists are basically just begging for every habitat to become an exhuman nest. They are the perfect way for the virus to spread - isolated, open, welcoming.
>>
>>46159405
Damnit, Timmy, this isn't helping your cause.
>>
>>46159405
They've had a head start and been subsumed into the ETI. Good luck with that. Asuming tey're not post-physical.
>>
File: not metal gear.png (199 KB, 560x383) Image search: [Google]
not metal gear.png
199 KB, 560x383
>>46159397

Yeah but 40k is space fantasy, and way too grimdark for my tastes. Also the 40k RPG system is...meh.

I mean ffs they have this kick-ass thing in the setting but it's apparently useless because the Jovians and Hyoden will never go to war, I guess.
>>
>>46159497
I just want to alpha-fork myself 4 times and rampage around in that bad bitch for a while. Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>46159297
>own

My bad I meant to type "one" they are super slick and efficient with their top of the line tech but the Jovians win for sheer brawn
>>
>>46159497
You could always run a game where you're off on some exoplanet, and you could use the Fenrir to fight off some kind of crazy mega-fauna if you absolutely want to get your fight on. Or run a game where the war suddenly gets hot; I mean, it's your game, at your table.

Plus, there's always GURPS Transhuman Space!
>>
>>46159383

>Jovian Republic finds Pandora gate, decides to attempt extrasolar colonization, what could possibly go wrong
>Literally the first planet the gate opens onto is a planet full of murderous, man-eating bugs
>>
>>46159651
When do I get out of this chickenshit outfit?
>>
>>46158535
>Nuke them all and rebuild once the anarchist roaches are all dead.
How exactly would this be easier than just building fucking habs?
>>
>>46159097
>And it's only to mental attributes
Literally the only kind of attribute in the game
>>
>>46159206
Yeah, those guys who are constantly throwing around planet-killing rocks that we have an economic need for? Let's piss them off.
>>
>>46159895
Yes. You're entirely correct. But it's completely unfaithful to the spirit of what I meant, and you know it. You're not improving your somatics or reflexes, you're just giving a small boost to your mental processing power. That's it.
>>46159918
But they don't have an economic need for them. Half the time they're hypercorp companies flinging the ice back anyway, and the main belt has plenty of ice AND is PC/Extropian controlled.
>>
>>46153979

That's why that sentence starts with "the community will effectively".

The cost is in time, energy, any physical resources the healing vat uses. The community "pays" this cost for all its members, assuming they're in good standing. Something doesn't have to be for profit to "cost" resources.
>>
File: edgy exhuman merc.jpg (143 KB, 767x1042) Image search: [Google]
edgy exhuman merc.jpg
143 KB, 767x1042
>>46159338
one of the PCs biggest complaints about the AA is that they have too many WMDs, and that they are easily available, so there is certainly a MAD risk
>>
>>46160054
It's the potential to build them, because they wander around with molotov cocktails and weapons on their hips for some reason, not that they actually keep stockpiles.
>>
>>46159820
I think the argument has since shifted to "we hate them for ideological reasons and we'll nuke them to try and remove their point of view about how we're totalitarian arseholes who'll ensure the destruction of transhumanity by starting a shooting war if we think it's profitable in the short term".

Tje Planetary Consortium should leave the anarchists alone; those stupid idiots create art and culture then share it to anyone who asks for it. We can take that art and culture, repackage it and sell it for crazy profit. Our local artists whine about needing to get paid, for fucks sake! These anarchist chumps not only don't want to get paid, they think it's a badge of honour to get exploited by us.

Imagine! Normally, we'd have to pay people to perform labour - artists included - and we'd have the threat of some ego in cold storage who'd be willing to do it for a little bit less to hang over their head. You won't paint this picture for 100 credits? Fine, I know a guy who'll do it for 90. Now imagine that instead of it being ninety, or even eighty credits, it's for fucking free. Imagine how easy it is to keep people afraid for their creative jobs! They'll be terrified of you and thankful for the opportunity to paint a picture for twenty credits. Who gives a fuck what the market can support? These ignorant outer system people are just giving it away! And the best part is, we pass the savings on to you, the consumer - this copy of this artwork is yours for only seven hundred and sixty five credits, whereas normally we'd "have" to charge eight hundred.
>>
>>46129929
What bonuses or penalties would you give someone if they chose OZMA as their faction?
>>
>>46160101
None. The designers deliberately went out of their way to stop you doing it. And firewall gets none.
>>
>>46160101
None. OZMA and Firewall are both meta factions that recruit from across the spectrum of backgrounds and factions. Firewall has more anarchists and mercurials and OZMA has more hypercorpers, hyperelites, and precautionists, but both employ basically everyone.
>>
>>46160130
>The designers deliberately went out of their way to stop you doing it

Because if there's one way to get /epg/ to agree with you, it's to appeal to our enormous respect for the Eclipse Phase devs
>>
File: extropian frontiersmen.jpg (114 KB, 1024x687) Image search: [Google]
extropian frontiersmen.jpg
114 KB, 1024x687
>>46160076
one of the biggest demographics in the outer system is heavily fortified brinker colonies, and the actual developed powers of the regions are pretty well armed. besides, the potential to create a totally over-armed decentralized fighting force that is dispersed throughout the system is a pretty credible threat, and an actionable one unless you mean to argue that the PC can exterminate all of the autonomists in one strike, or without anyone noticing
>>
>>46159954
>planet-killing
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>46130545

Of all the body types she can choose from, she got the one with small frumpy boobs.
>>
>>46160097
>I think the argument has since shifted to "we hate them for ideological reasons and we'll nuke them to try and remove their point of view about how we're totalitarian arseholes who'll ensure the destruction of transhumanity by starting a shooting war if we think it's profitable in the short term".

I hope no irony is lost there
>>
>>46160219
What planet killing rocks are they throwing, then? Because ice is the only thing moving particularly routinely around the system, aside from barges from mining colonies.
>>
>>46160097
>We can take that art and culture, repackage it and sell it for crazy profit.
Or Joe Redneck can use the internet to download it for free
>>
>>46160231
Says the faggot wearing an albino neotenic.
>>
>>46160205
Nobody gives a shit about the brinkers who want to be left alone. And the 'developed powers' are still inferior to the inner system powers. And the Jovians.

WHAT over-armed decentralized fighting force? Most of them are just like Carl the Cuck and Aids Skrillex. Give them a gun and they'd have no idea what the fuck they're doing. The closest thing to that is the Locus idiot who worked out a vaguely coherent set of battle protocols so that the idiots fighting without central command would have a rough idea of how to tactics. And that's for singular navy battles.
>>
File: at least its an ethos.jpg (31 KB, 498x266) Image search: [Google]
at least its an ethos.jpg
31 KB, 498x266
>>46160245
Say what you want about MAD, but at least it's stable. As soon as the shooting starts, we get Fall 2.0.
>>
>>46160205

Also, for the PC, the autonomists already have a force inside their territory. The Barsoomian Movement is very heavily allied with the AA, even if some of them (possibly many of them) aren't interested in full-blown anarchy. And those guys are right inside the Planetary Consortium's crown jewel. They would have a bad time if Mars erupted into civil war.
>>
If you don't want to hate, and you don't want to be hated, where do you go?
>>
>>46160327

Earth.
>>
>>46160320
Also Known As: The Barsoomian Movement, The Movement
Memes: Anti-Slavery, Martian Independence, Martian Nationalism, Terraforming Control

Yeah. They sure look like autonomists.
>>
>>46160263
>ice can't hurt people
>can't use the same technology to throw other stuff
>no anarchists in the main belt

k
>>
File: welcome to the future.png (76 KB, 568x2896) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the future.png
76 KB, 568x2896
>>46160327
Through one of the gates to a desolate exoplanet

Or to the Oort cloud
>>
>>46160348
Iceteroids are planet killers. Okay.
>>
>>46160327
Neptune. Brinkers don't give to fucks as long as you don't fuck with them. Plus they probably have the best Radio in the system if you are into conspiracy theories and/or have a mental disorder
>>
>>46160295
Brinkers often have good relationships with the AA, and are certainly paranoid enough to think they'll be next.
>>
>>46160277
>Or Joe Redneck can use the internet to download it for free

That is true, but usually enough people are willing to buy it, or at least watch it with some adverts in between.

Ideally, of course, Joe Redneck wouldn't be allowed to download this freely available stuff for free. People would probably get all up in arms about that though, something about freedom of information or what-have-you, so instead we tell them that if you download stuff made available by the Autonomist Alliance, you're funding terrorism. And you're at risk of viruses. The cost of this premium version, which has been scanned by the latest in proprietary security ALIs is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Plus you're supporting the artist!

>select all images with limousines
>>
>>46160295
>Nobody gives a shit about the brinkers who want to be left alone.
They do, actually, because a lot of brinkers are ultra right wing bunkerthink faggots gradually turning their habs into death stars and shooting anything that looks even vaguely like a TITAN or exsurgent. And/or are exhuman breeding ponds.
>>
>>46160346
They are all over the place as far as ideology goes but there are anarchist factions. Much like a lot of revolutionary groups they don't really have a plan for what happens if they somehow succeed.
>>
>>46160336
>>46160349
>>46160368

But those are deathtraps.

Oh, wait, I get it. You want me to kill myself.
>>
>>46160375
The Brinkers might, but they're not actively trying to destabilize the PC. The ones about Uranus/Neptune get along with the PC outposts pretty well.
>>
>>46160397
Shoulda stayed in dead storage, kiddo ;^)
>>
>>46160346
Yeah, they kind of do. Their memes, dank as they are, are highly rooted in autonomy.
>>
>>46160365
A big one would be, or you could aim at a city

What do you think is going to happen? It's going to burn up in the thick Martian or Lunar atmosphere?
>>
>>46160387
>>46160403
>>46160375
Basically, what I'm getting here is that Brinkers are all over the map, some are exhuman recruiting groups or bunker-down types that are x-risks, but most seem to get along with everyone okay.
>>
>>46160418
I never uploaded, you jerk. I'm posting from the past.
>>
>>46160422
If you're a fucking retard, maybe. But you're arguing that the group who are ignored except for when they get their faces ground into the dirt and their safehouses burnt for bombing a facility, so there you go.

>>46160424
I'm going to take a wild guess and assume they might see it coming.
>>
>>46160397

No. No one will bother you on Earth. Sure, you'd need crazy survival skills there, and you'd have to deal with evading remnant TITAN warmachines and exsurgents, but the Earth's a big place. Plenty of places on it that no one would ever (probably) find you.
>>
>>46160379
>if you download stuff made available by the Autonomist Alliance, you're funding terrorism
Downloading something FOR FREE funds terrorism

You'd better have the best damned memetic engineers money can buy
>>
>>46160397
Honestly best lifestyle for average joe is probably Titan or Europa but I'm a pinko commie. It has a lot of the intellectual freedom of the outer system with the structure of having an actual country rather than just a number on your Facebook page.
>>
>>46160450
Actually sometimes they get in shooting wars even with each other. They are even more diverse than the barsoomians but for every cool lumberjack guy who wants to just live by himself and drink whiskey you get 5 ultra-right compounds full of pre-Fall weapons and 3 cults busy getting 20 sister wives and brewing kool aid.
>>
>>46160388
The Tharsis League is pretty well put together
>>
>>46160500
Wouldn't you still be brainwashed into hating Eurasia today and Eastasia tomorrow?
>>
>>46160327
Editing yourself until you're just meet the threshold for being an Alpha and sell yourself to someone.
>>
>>46160500

Sure, if you want to be subject to constant political correctness on Titan
>>
>>46160469
>I'm going to take a wild guess and assume they might see it coming.
And then what? Use their whole nuclear arsenal on a rock? Not a terrible idea, but there goes your war.
>>
>>46160469
Anti-slavery is clearly a desire for autonomy; respecting the rights of an individual to self determine. Taking that away via slavery is pretty anathema to somebody holding autonomist values.
Martin independence - a desire for self-governance. Autonomist doesn't mean anarchism, the Titanian Commonwealth has a strong central government but it is still an autonomist area.
Martian Nationalism - might be unacceptable, again, for individualistically minded autonomists to handle, but it is clearly a desire to decide their own identity, as distinct from the Planetary Consortium. "We wish to determine our own identity as a nation" chimes well with autonomist values.
Terraforming control - we want to control what is done to the land we live on. Again, a pretty straightforward value that autonomists could get behind.

It's pretty clear where the common ground exists, and why the AA would generally choose to support it. I can't understand what, of those memes you listed, could be so abhorrent to the AA that they wouldn't be on friendly terms.
>>
>>46160617

Also, from a purely meta point of view, Barsoomians are Autonomists. It's the same networking check and rep score.
>>
>>46160581
But anon, I'm below the threshold, and I don't know how to do brain surgery.
>>
>>46160679
Then just sell yourself. Things will be fine.
>>
>>46160617
The main source of tension between Barsoomians and the AA is that every anarchist terror attack inevitably leads to crackdowns on the rednecks and Maker Clans. To a degree, "Fuck the PC" would alleviate it, but it still has the Barsooms blaming the AA for giving the PC an excuse to make their lives shittier.
>>
>>46160491
>You'd better have the best damned memetic engineers money can buy
>memetic engineers money can buy
>money
>buy

Yeah, I think the PC have that angle covered by definition.

But, yes, downloading something for free funds terrorism. That's a lost sale. That's basically stealing money that would otherwise go to fund anti-terrorism activities. You're taking credits out of the salaries of hard-working OZMA agents who only want to keep you safe. Spending a few credits to make sure our way of life isn't threatened isn't much to ask for, is it, Anon?
>>
File: jovian dreadnauts.jpg (132 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
jovian dreadnauts.jpg
132 KB, 800x999
>>46160450
the point still stands that a war of extermination against the autonomist would get ugly fast
>>
>>46160694
>it still has the Barsooms blaming the AA for giving the PC an excuse to make their lives shittier.
Surely by AA you mean certain anarchist Barsoomians, right?
>>
>>46160700
>implying sheeple know that OZMA exists
>>
>>46160692
No one wants to buy autistic people. They're too much like AIs, and therefore TITANs.
>>
>>46160700
>Spend so much money that people thing downloading things for free funds anything at all

Yeah, okay

>Spending a few credits to make sure our way of life isn't threatened isn't much to ask for, is it, Anon?

What way of life? Slavery?
>>
>>46160756
Just give the people who will buy them rights to edit them.
>>
>>46160700
>You're taking credits out of the salaries of hard-working OZMA agents who only want to keep you safe.
OZMA isn't known to the public. OZMA is a rumor, recognizable only as deja vu and dismissed just as quickly. They don't exist; they were never even born. Anonymity is their name, silence their native tongue. They're no longer part of the System. They are above the System. Over it. Beyond it. OZMA is "it". OZMA is "they". OZMA is the Men In Black.
>>
>>46160753
They protect our freedoms! There's that cartoon about them, every Saturday morning, they fight the cruel Autonomist forces of ANARCHONDA.

>Knowing is half the battle.
>The other half is buying the new Captain Fenrir OZMA Action Figure, and laughing at your friends for not being on trend.
>>
Yes we get it, the Planetary Consortium is supposed to be commentary on the ills of capitalism and consists entirely of either mustache-twirling evil Monopoly guys or corporate wageslaves, while the autonomists are freedom-loving special snowflakes who are more rich, more egalitarian, more fun-loving, and all-around better people than anyone else in the backwards, barbaric inner system.

>beaten_dead_horse.jpg
>>
>>46160719
theres also the three way cold war, where whoever goes first, even if they obliterate their target, is still mopped up by the third party. If anyone is claiming the outer system after the death of the autonomists it will be the jovians, even if the consortium did all of the work, so thats another reason not to go there
>>
>>46160617
>anti-slavery

According to page 98 of Sunward, the Barsoomian proposals for alternatives to indenture are
>building more simulspace capacity so that all personalities currently on file could be instanced as infomorphs in a virtual Earth
>producing more case morphs and letting them compete in the labor market like everyone else
>writing them off as dead

According to that same page, it seems the Movement's primary objection to indentured labor is that it takes jobs that would have once been occupied by 'native' Martians
>>
>>46160791
>They don't exist; they were never even born. Anonymity is their name, silence their native tongue. They're no longer part of the System. They are above the System. Over it. Beyond it. OZMA is "it". OZMA is "they". OZMA is the Men In Black.

Isn't that the opening narration from the tacky live-action film they did of the cartoon? The special effects were pretty good though.
>>
>>46160820
So whoever shoots last will win. How do we make all three of them lose?
>>
>>46160231

What, that is about how big they can get before they start to droop.

They will looks quite a lot bigger once the arms are not raised to behind the head.
>>
>>46160830
>They terk our jerbs!
>>
>>46160894

Piss off the Factors.
>>
>>46160849
the one with the James Holmes protag that seduced like twenty autonomists over the course of the story or the one where it was super operator and had all the autonomists as weird vac-proof pleasure pod that dressed all brutalist-slavic for some fucking reason and farmed all the time
>>
>>46160894
Join the Church of The Reboot. Join your mind and soul with the magnificent, transcendent Oversoul Of Humanity Reborn that will burst forth from the Godhead soon and reboot the universe into a paradise for all transhumanity. Your soul will be reborn into perfect paradise and all unbelievers will be cast into eternal oblivion.
>>
>>46160894
Whoever shoots last doesn't win. Nobody wins. If you're going down anyway, fire all the missiles. The only way you get to live is if somebody decides they're too tired to fire their missiles.
>>
>>46160894
Ultimates get all the Pandora gates
>>
>>46160977
I'm talking about whichever one of those that generated the most revenue, obviously. I'm not a stinking commie!
>>
>>46160916
>>46160980
>>46160988
>>46160992
WRONG.
The answer is "summon the Eldr- sorry, the TITANs"
>>
>>46160916
steal a factor and make factor morphs, then invite the factors to an orgy consisting mostly of these
>>
>>46161102
This out of the box thinking is why every Firewall team needs a Scum
>>
>>46161000
well one made more for the studio, with the other I'm remembering the lead actors were able to take most of the royalties, because it was a vanity project and most of them were related to King Zevi
>>
>>46153979
Anarcho-Communist or Anarcho-Capitalist?
>>
>>46161189
Then it's tricky, but I'm sure we can both agree that anyone who illegally downloaded either of them are at least partly, perhaps morally, responsible for terrorism.
>>
>>46161217
How responsible for terrorism are people who pay for everything, but never download anything?
>>
>>46161265
They're probably terrorists themselves; not downloading anything smacks of somebody trying to hide something.
>>
>>46154302
They can if they're exsurgents. Psi-epsilon sleights are hell of a thing. Totes !spacemagic.
>>
>>46143692
That skin creeps me out for some reason. It looks like it will catch on something and peel off with a disgusting ripping sound which is at the same time fleshy and slurpy.
>>
>>46161423
>spacemagic

Pssh sounds like a lot of ghost stories to me. Now if you'll excuse me I'll get back to my Lost Project 2.0 research we are pretty sure it's going to be even better this time
>>
File: face by prada.jpg (200 KB, 905x606) Image search: [Google]
face by prada.jpg
200 KB, 905x606
>>46161507
yeah, prada is better. more sleek looking too, I feel like a space ship
>>
If it's another distinct individual who is granted full citizen rights, it'll have to serve again. Sort of like in actual countries with conscription - you have to serve even if your father served.
>>
>>46161654
by jove I think he's right, though entirely insane, talking to nothing
>>
>>46161654
>>46161759
I think he was trying to reply to this post >>46151334
>>
>>46161654
Which one?
>>
>>46161654
Meant for >>46151334
>>
>>46161585
>those flaps on the neck
God dammit, I think I have a phobia now.
>>
>>46161914
Come into my office for a bit and we'll turn that phobia into a philia. And probably give you a few more weird philias too, so I hope you're up for that, darling.
>>
>>46161654
The father analogy doesn't really work. They all completed their civil service before forking. They all remember doing it. If the fork was before the two years then they would have to do it individually.
>>
>>46162012
But the fork is another citizen now, who has to be fed, clothed, heated and provided with oxygen. Those things aren't free, you know, someone has to earn them, that's what conscription is for.
>>
>>46161987
I don't like my mind being tampered with. I think I'll move to Jovian Republic.

Because the Jovian Republic is a lot like totally self-sufficient isolationist Federation from Star Trek in my games.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.