[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #746: Teaching Kids About Mana Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain Starter Kit.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Captain's Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Previous Thread
>>46097995
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1000x1000
What jumps allow you to transfer money from one currency to another?

Also I remember there was a bank card that allowed you to use money directly from your warehouse. Anyone know what jump that's from?
>>
File: LegendofManajump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
LegendofManajump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
It's been long overdue, but I finally got this jump finished. Hope you all enjoy. Please read the notes section before asking questions. Also have some music for your listening pleasure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVIaZ4EzwsQ
>>
Well, now that I've completed my first jump(Generic Children's Television) I'm looking for a new one. I won't do it today, and I may not do it tomorrow, but I've got Spring Break soon, so...I'm considering Devil Survivor. What I want to know is, is anyone already working on it, and is it viable as a jump? I can provide an explanation for those unfamiliar with the source.
>>46107872
Woah! Legend of Mana jump?! YES!
>>
File: Ring of Red CYOA Beta 0.8.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Ring of Red CYOA Beta 0.8.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Submitted for your criticism and critique.
Ring of Red Jump, Beta 0.8

Change Log:
+ All the Perks are finished.
+ Items have been finished barring desire for more.
+ Drawbacks are also done.
+ Backgrounds have their descriptions now.

Left to be done:
+ Intro Text - Roughly one page of text describing the alternate history and major differences to the world from the standard WW2.
+ Location Descriptions - Each Location will have a more detailed description describing the scenario you will be dropped into.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on the Perks section and what people think of the Drawbacks. A few things are a little wild, but I did try to base everything on either the game or the setting of the world itself.
>>
>>46107857
Off the top of my head the reward for completing the Monopoly Gauntlet and the shopkeeper capstone for Animal Crossing.
>>
>>46107989
Wait a second, why is Crowley here? Why does he have such a powerful artifact? WHY ARE HE AND HITLER FRIENDS?! The last drawback seems pretty goofy, to be honest. The rest of it looks pretty good, though.
>>
>>46107625
>Going to say Villain seems to be the standout choice so far, since if they get the discount on Dragon and take it then they get the discount on Magic as well.
Yeah, I know. I'll probably either remove the discount on Magic or attach some mandatory drawback to villains who go dragon/give the option to get a discount to any background if they take a specific drawback.

>Guessing you'll have options to import companions into backgrounds?
Yeah, and probably a canon companion option. It just tends to be one of the last things I add in, because it's fairly simple and not usually important for any of the other parts of the jump.
>>
>>46107838
Since Pasting it normally seems to screw up my formatting, I'll try a pastebin.
http://pastebin.com/eQDcrZPY
As for my plans for this Jump, I intend to have the most educational show physically possible, with lessons centered around always believing that things can get better, believing in other people, trying to get along with other people, that helping and protecting others makes you feel better as well, and that if you believe in yourself, it is easier for you to achieve your goals, along with Magic and Science as a side. After all, if you believe in something hard enough, it becomes a little less fake. Given all the Hope and Charisma perks I have, I would imagine at least one child will truly take the lessons to heart, and move on to reach greatness, I imagine them becoming a Major Semi Religious figure for a new belief with a focus on helping people in need. Meanwhile, I'll try to convince adults to try to believe in what they want to be again, and try to help them complete their goals once they realize what they can do for themselves. As usual, I'll drop the Empire in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean to do it's own thing, and select a new ruler every seventh year.
>>
>>46108097
The last Drawback is based off something I happened to find while researching World War 2 for the Jump itself. Aleister Crowley was a real man, an occultist among other things. He actually tried to gain access to Hitler to assist him and his war effort with the powers he claim were gifted to him by a magical entity.

Now, in the real world, Hitler didn't want to see him, but with this being an alternate history Jump, I figured a little extra alternate history might add some spice to the mix. Admittedly, it is a little goofy if you don't know the reference.
>>
>>46107872
I have no idea what this is, but it looks cool.

Couple of questions about the Jumi option:
Is the gem protruding from their chest?
And about the other people turning to stone thing, could you weaponise this? Say, if have an ability that makes someone feel all of the bad things you've ever felt so they cry out of sympathy or something? And if a sad story about you was aired on a TV or posted online or something and some poor schmuck on the other side of the world cried because of it, they'd turn to stone?
>>
>>46108199
Huh. That actually DOES sound kinda cool.
>>
>>46107989
Any excuse to whip out my AC
How much trouble is pic related going to have in this war?
>>
>>46107989
>The True Cold War
>You are not given your Body-Mod body

Senpai, come on now. There is no reason for you to do this if the Jumper doesn't have fluffy tail, and if you're doing it to be against fluffy tail then why do you hate fun?
>>
>>46107857
ledger from sherlock holmes
>>
File: Elazul_(LoM_Artwork).png (508 KB, 595x786) Image search: [Google]
Elazul_(LoM_Artwork).png
508 KB, 595x786
>>46108217
Yeah the gem protrudes from their chest like pic related. I see no reason why you couldn't weaponise it. Not sure about if it would work over TV or internet. The only shown example of someone turning to stone for crying about a Jumi is done when the character in question is right by one.

So I'm going to rule that yes, you can weaponise it, but it won't work over TV or internet.
>>
>>46108384
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>46107857
Chequebook from Hollywood jump.
>You have a chequebook with infinite cheques, which are always legal in any recognized banking system. More importantly, they draw their money directly from your funds and Warehouse. If all your money is in gold, you write out a value in this check, gold is removed from wherever you store it (your preference), and when cashed, the money is seamlessly transferred to the recipient.
>>
File: 0b66538ae80a27dadbad51f11cb0ec43.jpg (855 KB, 1200x1544) Image search: [Google]
0b66538ae80a27dadbad51f11cb0ec43.jpg
855 KB, 1200x1544
>>46108264
It depends if you're trying to make it fit in or not.

Scenario 1: Not fitting in = You're going to wreck absolutely everything on the field. We're talking about a highly advanced piece of technology going up against WW2 era, diesel powered walking tanks.

Scenario 2: Fitting in = I honestly have no idea how you'd power that thing on a diesel engine, but assuming you managed to do so and retrofit the giant gun into an era-specific tank cannon, you'd be one of the more maneuverable AFWs on the field and your armor could probably take a ton of hits. Good luck finding replacement parts though.

>>46108228
Yeah, I know, right? I couldn't help myself once I found that bit of information. I did add a note with a link to his Wikipedia page just to clarify matters a little bit.

>>46108348
I'm actually all for the fluffy tail, but I felt for 400 points the drawback needed a little extra punch. If there's at least a few people who feel it's going too far, I'll reconsider.

I can't wait until I get into a Jump that gives me a fluffy tail. I'm going to make all my Companions get one too and just drown in the fluffy.
>>
>>46108426
>Scenario 1: Not fitting in = You're going to wreck absolutely everything on the field. We're talking about a highly advanced piece of technology going up against WW2 era, diesel powered walking tanks.

It might be more fair if you take the 600cp Drawback. Chaos Space Nazis would probably do quite a bit more damage by a few orders of magnitude.

>but I felt for 400 points the drawback needed a little extra punch.

World War II with no powers against mechs is pretty fucking terrifying senpai
>>
would it be alright if I posted my current builds and a bullet point list of what I did in each jump or should I keep that faggotry to myself?

sometimes I hate my insecurities
>>
>>46108409
>>46108363
>>46108026
Thanks!
>>
>>46107872
Can't buy any spirits, huh?

Honestly there doesn't seem to be anything TO this jump. No discounts, not many choices, it's confusing to me.

>>46108486
Go ahead and post them. If it's more than a few I'd pastebin it though.
>>
>>46108482
>>World War II with no powers against mechs is pretty fucking terrifying senpai
Nothing is stopping you from being a pilot yourself and stomping around with a fancy mech of your very own. You just won't be able to shoot lightning or lift small cars while doing it.

>>46108486
>>46108495
I would also recommend Pastebin if it's really long, but post away. We don't judge too harshly.
>>
>>46108495
it's just five for now, I guess I'll start with...

>The First Jump: Pokemon
>Region: Kanto
>Identity:
Age 10
Drop-In
>Starter:
Shiny Eevee
>Skills:
Physical Fitness
Survival Training
Combat Training
Blend In
Savant
Aura
>Gear:
Masterball x3
50K Pokedollars
Motorcycle
Rebreather
>Drawbacks:
Wanted
Damned
>>
>>46108536
I know it seems a bit daggy, but a paragraph or two about what you did in the jump would be nice.
>>
>>46108536
>>46108570
was just getting to that
>Benefactor is a mysterious girl that always changes her looks
>Benefactor wants entertainment and offers a chance to start a JumpChain
>Start in the world of pokemon at age 10, with knowledge of perks but not drawbacks
>Meet an Eevee on the road to a nearby town and name her Vivi
>First Darkrai induced nightmare has me bonding with the Eevee and in tears because 10 year old
>See a wanted poster with my face in a town and go into hiding
>Somehow framed by Team Rocket
>Yeah, somehow a 10 year old killed a man and stole his pokemon
>Police are stupid
>Quietly move from town to town, hunting down clues as to who framed me
>Prefer to move at night for obvious reasons, so Vivi evolves into an Umbreon
>Eventually change regions entirely and catch up with the anime plot when Darkrai appears in Sinnoh
>Masterball that bastard because who doesn’t want a Darkrai
>Eventually give the Darkrai to Team Rocket in exchange for them taking responsibility for the murder, because as it turns out Darkrai didn’t like listening to me so why the fuck would I try and keep it? I’m not fucking Ash Ketchum
>Turns out Darkrai don’t give no fucks and won’t listen to Team Rocket either, not even with their methods of controlling pokemon, so they just lock him up and I’m no longer bothered by nightmares
>Live a somewhat easier life from that point on, have less serious adventures
>Never catch a full team, just keep Vivi when the Jump is over
>>
>>46108495
I'm confused by your request. The only thing spirits in Legend of Mana do generally is sit around in empty areas and drop elemental coins when people play music for them that they like.

As for the lack of discounts, it is a result of me attempting to capture the way the setting worked. I will take your suggestion of more choices into account however.
>>
>>46108618
It's been ages since I played Legend, I just remember the Mana series have lots of cute spirits I'd want.
>>
>>46107872
I'm about to fall asleep so I might have missed a note or something, but you might want to make it clear you can't use Preserve the Land to take people cross-jump. I mean normal rules would say it doesn't work anyway, but it's good to spell it out in the jump itself.

Although... then you have items that contain people... Are they just NPCs? Does the perk turn them into NPCs? I don't think you want people to just use these as giant Pods.

Lil' Cactus. I love you.

A good looking jump, some interesting new design decisions, especially the import working in an unusual way.
>>
>>46108636
Actually you have given me a good idea of something to add, so thank you.

>>46108651
You make a good point, I'll add a note regarding it.
>>
>>46108612
>The Second Jump: Fullmetal Alchemist
>Location:
Central
Identity:
Age 18
Drop-In
>Perks:
Automail Limb
Truth
>Items:
Advanced Automail
Mechanics’ Tools
Forged Papers
>Drawbacks:
Hostile Rival
Tremor

It's around this point where I decide I'm okay taking out threats with actual murder, probably has something to do with me being a young guy who just got a LOT of power thrust onto him.
>>
>>46108708
anyways, the list of shit that went down:
>Drop in and use my papers to get a buisiness going repairing automail in Central, after I get used to my metal arm of course
>once currency is acquired, duplicate it with alchemy because holy fuck I can make gold out of stone
>keep the infinite gold thing hidden, kinda important
>Do research into the powers of Truth, the limits of alchemy that aren’t human transmutation
>silence Rival quietly, with a large sum of money or with death
>Once the plot kicks up, find Father’s bunker and make it go boom with Alchemy, if I remember correctly as long as he's not aware of you he can't disable your Alchemy, so I just blow up the bunker without him noticing me (that's not TOOO fanwanky, I don't think, he may survive that shit?)
>destroy the circle at key points
-murder homunculi because fuck those guys
>hide in the south as an Automail mechanic while the country implodes because it was literally fucking BUILT on completing the circle
>enjoy the rest of the jump as an automail mechanic who occasionally unleashes a Chimera named Vivi
Alchemy always seemed kinda OP to me, I mean by drawing a big fucking circle someone literally managed to make walls of ice that went several stories tall, using moisture in the air! what the fuck can't this shit do?
>>
File: Darkest Dungeon Jump v1.1.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Darkest Dungeon Jump v1.1.pdf
1 B, 486x500
If we're posting jumps in this thread, might as well post the update.

Changes:
-Antiquarian Added
-Swap Meet Added
-Scenario Clarified.

Remember, its a gauntlet, not a jump.
>>
>>46108817
Yay. Nothing changed for me, but the changes to the scenario are cool.
Lakes aren't rivers, captcha.
>>
...So since no one has commented on it, I guess that means Devil Survivor is available for jumpmaking? Sweet.
>>
>>46108910
best of luck anon
>>
>>46108918
Grazie, I'll do my best.
>>
From what I understand, Human Transmutation from Full Alchemist fails because once a soul leaves the mortal plane you can't get it back, right? So if you had a way to capture and contain them like Dark Binding from Hellsing or some Eldar spirit stones you could just take a soul and put it into a custom tailored consciousness free body without any issues?
>>
>MFW GenericChildrensTVshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=appHBe0ZSOA
>>
>>46109007
I-I'm glad you enjoyed it Anon, though that's...A little violent...
>>
What became of the Amalur jump that was posted the other day?
>>
>>46109043
Well, he was a master sergeant...

>>46108980
I thought it was because at some point the soul just became energy and couldn't be quantified enough to get back without adding some energy of your own.
>>
>>46109007
>MFW GenericChildrensTVshow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzXaFbxDcM
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 550x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 550x618
MONOPOLY [GAUNTLET] (9)
--PERKS--
•Trustbuilding (-600cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Annoyance (-500cp)
•Irritable (-400cp)
•Can't Get In Trouble (0cp)
--REWARDS--
•Stovepipe Hat
•Pocket Watch
•Rover the dog piece
•Money Banks Spiritual Assistant in Financial Manners
•Deeds to lands
•Free Parking
•Money Changing

Oh boy monopoly. What a boring game, it's fun at first then you realize how long it is. Not to mention there's Steve, he's super annoying because he takes forever to take his turn. It's so damn annoying when he talks too. I don't even know him, and he's that annoying. I remain quite bitter and irritable throughout the entire game.

Even if I couldn't go to jail, because I was hoping jail would allow me to take a break. That's kinda ironic isn't it? Wanting to go to jail? That's how irritable and madding the game was. Finally I won by bankrupting everyone else. My rewards were a mixed bag of good and bad.

I threw away the hat, gave back the dog piece and the pocket watch. However I did get a piece of paper listing the various properties in Monopoly that I had. It would seem that this paper translates into properties in that jump. Something equivalent to what was in the game. I receive profits from these properties. Lastly the ability to exchange money instantly from one currency to another, while having ability to just summon Money Bags on financial advise. That was great. After all I have several BILLION dollars and I need the money to be usable.
>>
>>46108980
>>46109065
It fails because Alchemy works on equivalent exchange, and nothing has equal value to a soul beyond another soul.

Human transmutation that doesn't fuck around with their soul is possible, though. Just very illegal. Look at the chimera.
>>
>>46108980
Well there is also truth getting in the way, but he can be bribed with other souls, but yes it seems the main issue is that alchemists don't have a way to get the souls of the dead. Other forms of human transmutation are possible, but with a hefty cost, because reasons that are never actually explained.
>>
>>46109050
He's gonna update it I believe.
>>
>>46109113
Thanks.
>>
>>46109103
>Look at the chimera.
I'd really rather not. It made me deeply uncomfortable on a primal level to look at even before I knew what it was.
>>
>>46109144
There are other ones later that were made more... professionally. There's even a girl one that's kinda cute.
>>
>>46108980
In the manga/2009 canon, souls have gone to the afterlife and can't be brought back, but due to the priceless value of souls and the imbalance in the potential exchange, Truth will drag you through the Gate and take something valuable or important from you. Of course, going through the Gate fills you with immense knowledge of alchemy and the world.
>>
File: image.png (889 KB, 958x1349) Image search: [Google]
image.png
889 KB, 958x1349
>>46109065
>>46108817
Clover, to gain access to [C] in Economic Investment Jump, do you require the 300cp Companion "Business Partner"?

Midas money does it transfer over to other jumps? Would it still have the same effect as it does in [C]'s universe? Are you able to use your Midas Banks card as an ATM card? I know in the anime they transfer sums of money pretty eaisly, is that plausible with others that aren't an Entre?
>>
>>46109155
You better not be talking about who I think you're talking about, Anon.
>>
>>46109182
That one that was part snake or ferret or whatever the fuck.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
>>46109191
>>46109182
Snake chimera Martel. Shame she died way she did.
>>
>>46109191
Oh! Martel, you mean? Yeah, that's okay then.
>>
>>46109165
Dude, just wait for the finished jump, don't just the draft. The Business Partner IS the Asset, that's the joke, you get one for free

Midas Money is just money, although with the odd ability to change to look like the equivalent in local currency. Sure, use it as an ATM card. Sure, why not, with ePay its like those touch payments, but no swarming someone in thousand of dollar coins.
>>
>>46109202
Uh, I've never read/watched it. What did you think he meant?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 619x939) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 619x939
>>46109214
Well the draft is up on the drive under "Complete but needs image work". You might want to take it down or have Brutus take it down if it's unfinished. That or put it in the WIP folder.
>>
>>46109214
Just one question, out of curiosity. Will there be many changes to the Asset creation process? I kind of started designing mine. To be honest, all I need to know is if Limits will stay as a feature.
>>
>>46109238
Okay.

Brutus, if you're listening could you kindly place the "Economic Investment jump" under WIP? Please and thank you.
>>
>>46109252
Limits will be a feature, but I'll switch it to point buy for more fluid customization rather than pick three. Then I'll have to redesign the custom assets so they fit the new system.
>>
File: Nina_ChimeraForm.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Nina_ChimeraForm.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>46109232
He probably meant Nina. While she and the dog were in fact very cute separately, together...
>>46109269
Sweet, thank you.
Lakes still aren't rivers, captcha.
>>
>>46109295
I didn't figure he thought I meant her because I said later, meaning after the initial chimera.
>>
>>46109232
I meant-
>>46109295
AH! Every time!
>>46109306
She wasn't the first chimera we saw, and I've seen people bring her up too many times not to be suspicious.
>>
Hey Clover, in RWBY, can I still unlock people's Aura in future jumps if I don't buy the book? And how much harder is it to learn without the book? Oh, and the same question for the miniaturization one.
>>
>>46109317
She's the first one I normally remember. I guess we do see Tucker's other experiments first, huh? I just never think about them.

Also somebody should've gotten the motherfucker an ape and a parrot. Literally all he has to do is give the ability to copy human speech to a fully grown chimp, gorilla, or orangutan and it'd be able to talk.
>>
>>46109318
Unfortunately not, unless they are Remnant natives. Same deal as the Master Scroll from the Avatar:TLA jump. Without the book it will probably be tricky to learn, but not too hard as even teenagers can do it, but only on locked Remnanters without the book.

As for miniaturization, sorry, no.
>>
>>46109295
Heebey Jeebies. Every time I see it.
>>
>>46109364
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>46109346
The Chimera process always seemed so sickening to me, even when it was animals. I know they got better with it latter, but just the idea of being forcibly fused with another being is...Brrr. As much as I love Scar sending him to hell, I really wish Shou could have been publicly exposed and humiliated before he died. For a man who valued his reputation and career so much, it would have been fitting.
>>46109371
I KNOW, RIGHT?! Ugh. Those poor souls...
>>
>>46109104
>>46109163
Okay, so assuming I have a way to keep a soul from going past the Gate/to the setting equivalent afterlife everything should work fine. And waiting until post-Jump in order to avoid Truth fucking me over for keeping souls from him is also a good idea.

I guess now the only question is am I a Mad Alchemist for wanting to capture the souls of my enemies and rehabilitate them into loyal crewmembers to man my various multi-versal vessels? This goes double for Dark Souls. I also want to help Craftworld Lyanden get back on its feet. Seriously though, I might have to kill my companions in order to put their souls into body doubles for specific genetics/age related powers like being Valkyrur and having Life Fibers.
>>
>>46109554
Just get the tech from Lords of Light.
>>
>>46109554
Dude, just pick up the Masters of Karma perk from Lord of Light, much less murder, lot more transhumanism.
>>
>>46109554
For genetic powers just use a Geneforge, and apply some actual science and testing to it. While the thing seems to work on the classic, "just shove it all in" method of genetic engineering, the related stuff is entirely capable of of preforming any level of genetic change you want.
>>
In the XCOM 2 Jump If I already have physic powers from previous jumps can I learn the skills here?
>>
If you take one of the move copying perks (like the one from Ranma) into PMD, could you conceivably learn all the moves your pokemon altform is capable of using?
>>
File: Gengar_Tamer.jpg (308 KB, 573x860) Image search: [Google]
Gengar_Tamer.jpg
308 KB, 573x860
>>46109214
Done and Done
>>
>>46109581
>>46109584
Oh... Well this makes things much easier and far less murderery.

>>46109692
That too, thank you.
>>
>>46109709
No, you have to pay for the new abilities.
>>
>>46109739

Okay.
>>
File: PURGE TIME.jpg (60 KB, 613x599) Image search: [Google]
PURGE TIME.jpg
60 KB, 613x599
>>46109581
>>46109584

I like this one
A bunch of humans who have forsaken Justice and Liberty purely for their own benefit.
>>
>>46109797
It's only injustice if you don't spread the tech to others.
>>
File: sister-walpaper.jpg (62 KB, 844x404) Image search: [Google]
sister-walpaper.jpg
62 KB, 844x404
>>46109809
From the looks of it they've enforced a Caste system and prevent anything above medieval technology from being used.

Fits the bill as far as I'm concerned. I'm warming up my Melta.
>>
>>46109797
The tech itself is fine though, perfectly proper human developed tech. It's their governing system that's the problem, kind of a big problem though.
>>
>>46109845
Hey sister, got a question for you: How do you feel about working with SMT's 'demons'? Considering they run the gambit from gods to fairies to actual demons to angels to even famous heroes, I was just curious.
>>
>>46108910
Now, Devil Survivor jump IS pretty sweet, but I have to ask...

Are you going to only write the jump for the first game? I was just about to buy Break Record.
>>
File: w40k3_by_killjoysch-d483ddp.jpg (120 KB, 631x807) Image search: [Google]
w40k3_by_killjoysch-d483ddp.jpg
120 KB, 631x807
>>46109919
It's a difficult question to answer.
As a human myself I have the right to share my advances with humanity, but something as alien as a god? I would be incredibly wary of them, regardless of their intentions, and far less forgiving of any transgressions. It would depend on the entity and the conflict, but I'd err on the side of caution and not do so unless it was absolutely necessary.

I'd prefer it if they just oppress an otherwise free and sapient people though, it makes dealing with them a lot simpler.
>>
File: DevilSurvivorJump.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivorJump.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>46110155
That depends on how the first one goes and if people like it. So far I've just got the intro done(Trying to decide if it's too info-dumpy or not) but it'll take time to complete. But yeah, go buy the game, if that's what you're asking. It's awesome.
>>
>>46110184
That's a fair opinion. There's also the danger of the more violent demons that pose a threat to mankind. I'm curious what your opinion is on SMT!Lucifer, who values power and freedom over all else, even if it comes at the expense of justice, but will happily bow his head and help you if you prove the way of justice is stronger.
>>
>>46110190
I was thinking more of making the DS2 jump once I get through that additional arc Break Record has, but never mind that.

The prologue is pretty nice.

Heh. Drawback where YOU are Abel?~
>>
>>46110229
Actually, yes. I'm planning on having Bel as a general perk, with the required drawback of taking Abel's place in the story.
>>
>>46110248
Best of luck.

Now to find out why eShop is not taking my money.
>>
>>46110248
That pun was horrible and whoever decided it should be a major plot point should be hit in the head with a rock.
>>
>>46110308
Dude, they changed Baldr to Beldr. There are, like, ten thousand other Bels they could have used? Like, I don't know, Bel Marduk, the KING OF THE GODS?!
>>
>>46110210
We are missionaries, first and foremost, but I'd still have reservations about accepting help from a deity. Someone who values Power over Justice might be inclined to use my charity to advance his power.

I think of it like this; We often liken human morality to a grey scale. It is complex, but we are colourblind. Gods and some Xenos have a morality that could be put on a colour wheel. It's translatable, but not accurate.
>>
>>46110335
While you're not wrong, Bel Marduk is basically what the throne of Bel is, isn't it?
>>
>>46110335
Marduk is a jerk though.
>>
>>46110367
It's implied, but never stated. He's just referred to as Bel. Actually, they missed a pretty good chance to bring Tiamat in on the action, considering Bel Marduk slaying Tiamat and her army was one of his greatest feats, alongside the creation of humanity.
>>46110379
As is every other Bel, including Abel on the Evil Overlord route.
>>46110359
That's...Actually pretty accurate.
>>
>>46110308
>>46110335
>>46110367
Fresh King Of Bel Air?
>>
>>46110398
>alongside the creation of humanity.
Through the blood of his slain brother for the purpose of creating a worthless slave race to grind into the mud.
>>
>>46110408
Yes, puns, excellent!
>>46110418
Would've explained a lot in the story, actually: The city of Nod was created by Marduk, so when Cain was exiled there, he learned of Bel's power. Actually, that would also explain why the Shomonkai continued to serve Belberith, even after he said he would destroy God's bloodline(AKA Humanity), because they were the children of Bel Marduk's slaves.
>>
>>46109584
how big is the red Hook? Is it a one-handed weapon? If it was possible to use mine craft item duplication on it would that make it weaker overall or would each of them be as powerful?
>>
INDIANA JONES (10)
--LOCATION--
Cairo, Egypt
--IDENTITY--
Profiteer
Male, 23yo
--SKILLS & ABILITIES--
•Catchy Theme
•Puzzle Person (900cp)
•Wicked Cultured
•Coin Counter
•This 'Is' History (800cp)
•Omniglot (600cp)
•Piggybacking Off Of Hitler (300cp)
--ITEMS & EQUIPMENT--
•Shovel
•Nice Hat
•Camera Equipment
•Canteen Of Infinite Water (250cp)
•Cosplay Collection (200cp)
•Peacock's Eye
•Collector's Piece
•Vault Of Profit (100cp)
•Orichalcum Bead Producer (-500cp)
--DRAWBACKS--
•Just Shoot Them (-300cp)
•Animal Phobia (Spiders) (-200cp)
•Bowling For Boulders (0cp)

Spiders, why does it always has to be spiders? Well looks like it's time for some Indiana Jones. Didn't know it at first, but sooner or later Indy showed up or was it his name mentioned in passive. Who cares! Well, except I do because there's always spiders and there's always these giant boulders. It's pretty frustrating, trying to rob some ancient tomb when you're running a lot.

Anyways the Nazis make perfect smuck bait. So I grease a few wheels, and I get "in". Well as "in" you can get without donning in the Swatizka. Well lucky for me, they're pretty dumb. So I commandeer a few dozen or so troops. We're off to South America, soon enough we do find a tomb worth pillaging. Unluckily for the Nazis, they didn't know about the boulder trap. Needless to say most them were smooshed, if they survived the traps.

-cont-
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 640x920
>>46111018
My prize was a jade skull belonging to one the Mayan tribes. When the war ended, I was out of Nazis to send in. So I just got Russians to do it instead, outsourcing! Communist readily took the bait, and a few kickbacks to the Communist party was all that was needed. The Soviets kept sending me men, and I gave them a cut of my earnings. Even sent back a few minor artifacts.

Doesn't help that Indy likes to steal them back. Asshole, I can't tell you how many items that ended up in some museum because of Indy. Couldn't he see I was just trying to enrich myself? Anyways I keep the more expensive items in my warehouse, on display. Luckily Indy can't get in here. Among my rare and unique items is a Orichalcum machine. As long the lava flows, it makes a tiny bead of pure energy basically. I made it really big selling the beads to everyone.

Indy of course tried to steal it. I set him straight. My trip here was pretty eventful and full of danger. I really got tired of running away from giant boulders. I just hope my next trip is as eventful as this one. Hopefully with less spiders and giant boulders.
>>
Jump 15: Forgotten Realms

Staring Location: Kara-Tur (Rolled)
Race: Rakashasa (1000 CP)
Class: Wizard Level 2 (1200 CP)
Identity: Aristocrat (1400 CP)

Perks:
+ Charisma of Kings (Free)
+ The Plot Thickens (1550 CP)
+ Your Companions Have Arrived (1850 CP)
+ Smarter Than the Average Owlbear (1950 CP)

Items:
+ Gold: 50,000 (Free)
+ Ring of Concentration +10 (2000 CP)
+ The Book of Prestigious Possibilities (2300 CP)

Drawback:
+ Elder Evil: Atropus (1500 CP)
+ Delicious (1000 CP)

Highlights: (This would take me weeks to write up to my satisfaction)
+ Spent a month unconscious due to trying to process several hundred years of Rakashasa memory backlog as well as all the Arcane Knowledge that goes along with it.
+ Got myself semi-banned from the Court of the Dragon Lord (actual Dragon), after secondary memories proved too resilient to control well. (Schizophrenic would be a good description for most of the first year).
+ Sold everything and headed East towards Baulder's Gate.
+ Oh god do I hate riding horses!!
+ Battled evil Druids in the Riftwood.
+ Battled shambling mounts, wild elves, satyrs, and pissed off treants on the road through Chondalwood.
+ Eventually made it to Amn. Took a long break in Athkatla.
+ Forced to flee after starting slave rebellion. (Taught a bunch of them FFTA classes and they took it from there)
+ Went north to Baldur's Gate.
+ Remembered Atropus was a thing I had to deal with.
+ Ridiculous Magi-Tech-Science with The Eye of Helios, some impressively sized Biocapacitors, and a few too many Shocker Lizards
+ Saved the world, but now wanted for blowing up a large chunk of farmland outside of Balder's Gate.
+ Stole a boat and sailed to Caer Calidyrr.
+ Spellplague hit.
+ Battled Fomorians with my bare hands like a savage and tried to save people.
+ Remembered the Slayer's Handbook was a thing. Rewrote the laws of magic.
+ Stayed out of trouble because certain Gods wanted to have words. We did and I survived. Barely.
>>
>>46107872

if you take Colorblocks do they replenish with each jump? Does it follow you? Does it become a warehouse attachment?

What about the estate from mailbox? Same questions.
>>
>>46110911
Big enough to carry or place as a fancy idol.

Yes.

Similar rules apply as always when dealing with duplicating unique items, but do you really want the 'leash' to an eldritch god to be lessened in any way?
>>
>>46107872
A question, since I don't see anything about it in the notes: In the game, Artifacts seal not just a place but that place's history. When you unseal one they're effectively retconned into reality. Does that effect happen with the ones offered in the jump, or will people notice if I start placing new geographical features everywhere?
>>
>>46111637
They seal history? Does that mean people don't remember it after it is sealed, or is it more that in cut and pastes the history to just be in the new area?
>>
>>46111657
Cut and pastes. You place down a mountain and people will act like it was always there, instead of going "holy shit, why is there a mountain in my backyard now?!".
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 160x90) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 160x90
>>46111617
so is that about a foot? Because that answer makes me think pic related.

Excellent

I don't but that last answer is not clear for me, does it weaken? My plan was to make four of them and fashion them into an attack ring for a bayblade, but I'm guessing now it's going to have to be a very large beyblade. I did not think it would weaken the wards binding it but I thought it would be reasonable to assume that the more of them I make the less effective each of them are since they are drawing from the same power source.

Previously you mentioned that a place in the altar would cause townwide tardis mazes and madness, is there a way you could get one and not the other? And what exactly is a tardis maze? Are we talking broken geometries and space loops?
>>
>>46111695
You want to make a Beyblade out of ancient horror-sealing artifact weapons. Why? Just...why?
>>
>>46111714
have you seen the show? All those damn spinning tops have gods inside of them, it's probably something I'm going to have to do to be competitive.
>>
>>46111695
No, it's not an idol for ants, silly.

Having one is uncontrollable enough, you want to put four on the same thing? Just use the tip as the spinning bit on the bottom, nobody will see it coming.

Well, minotaur-labyrinth rules would apply here. Since you are the owner, you wouldn't get lost. Yes. With the occasional side of oh-my-goodness the walls have eaten my feet.

>>46111714
Could be worse. Could be using it to propose to an ancient horror.
>>
>>46111668
That... is phenomenal. Absolutely incredible. I'll get so much use out of this.
>>
>>46111733
is there a way to get the mazes but not the madness? If so what is that way?
>>
>>46111748
Well, I don't know if the version the jump offers you does that once you've left it. I hope it does, because as you say it's pretty damn useful, but I'm waiting for the jumpmaker's word.
>>
>>46111752
The effect is part of the package so there's no 'off switch' that doesn't also remove the mazeness. Use madness inhibiting technology, power dampers, sanity inducers, smooth jazz, or all of the above.

There's still going to be some madness at the end of the day, you can take flesh-meltingly horrifying, to hey where's the exit? Mazes being inherently maddening, you see.
>>
>>46111784
so if I had some kind of way to distribute an immunity to being driven mad I could set up something that would automatically spray that on people who entered the town and they would be okay? Oh this is going to be nice.

And direct yes or no does having more of them loosen the bindings on the elder God? Because this thing seems damn useful and having to pick just one thing to do with it is driving me crazy, but I'm not stupid enough to risk setting this thing free.
>>
>>46111842
Yeah, I think we have a colour somewhere that might do the trick...

Yes. Think of it like a tuning fork for the parts that were all bound up. Too many and you shatter the wine glass. The wine glass being the bindings.
>>
>>46111868
what kind of benchmark for how many are okay can I get? Would just four of them be safe enough ? My current plan is One for the town, one for a Beyblade , a pair for weapons.
>>
>>46107989
Does/should taking the Aleister Crowley drawback change your starting time to 1939?
>>
>>46107872
So, what do the items actually do? I mean, I get what they do in base form, but what about in transformed form? Especially the Mana Tree - "it's a really good sword" doesn't feel like 800 CP, unless it's an Excalibur-tier "can kill anything" weapon.
>>
>>46111950
It probably should, all things considered. Good catch. Thanks.
>>
>>46109554
There's a reincarnation temple in Actraiser. It's probably my least favorite of the three Afterlife options, since they'll have no memories of who they were, but it's still exactly what you're looking for.
>>
>>46111912
One is the safest, and already you can see the side-effects. Two might be safe if you kept them on different countries. Three will not whisper to each other on separate sides of the globe. Four, its happening. Five - game over.

Regretting answering that duplicates question now.
>>
>>46112000
what kind of side effects? And why is proximity to each other worse?
>>
>>46107872
Congratulations. You've just unlocked an entire new level of Jumpers being magpies. Steal the One Ring? Chump change - I'm going to steal Mordor. It'll look great next to my New Vegas.
>>
>>46112020
...The mazes? The madness? The sudden increase in flesh and cancerous cells growing out of the walls and the monsters crawling about? The weird lighting?

Tuning fork metaphor.
>>
>>46112071
>...The mazes? The madness? The sudden increase in flesh and cancerous cells growing out of the walls and the monsters crawling about? The weird lighting?
>Tuning fork metaphor.

Okay so now the people of my town also need some kind of healing factor, okay now I'm seeing how bad a plan this is, thank you.
>>
>>46112071
I'd say it's also likenable to carefully punched holes in a pressurized membrane, if you space them apart you might be able to make use of what's contained within in a controlled manner, but adding extra holes damages the membrane overall, especially since it was designed for only one of them. Holes closer together mean there's an increased chance of a "tear", and too many risk it bursting like a water balloon, completely failing containment. Admittedly the metaphor breaks down some since the supply isn't finite.
>>
Indiana jones question. Can I use the bag of sand to pour infinite sand? How often does it refill?
>>
What are the limits of requip magic? Can I use it to equipt a mecha from my warehouse? Can I call forth things other than weapons and armor?
>>
>>46112388
>Can I use it to equipt a mecha from my warehouse?

Probably not.

>Can I call forth things other than weapons and armor?

Possibly, but you'd have to develop that use yourself.

Requip is amazingly overrated in general.
>>
>>46112420
Requip is amazingly useful even with the most conservative interpretation.
The ability to get stuff out of your warehouse without having to open a door is pretty damn handy, even if it's just weapons and armor.
It's not too much a stretch to allow anything you're capable of carrying in your hands (Erza pulls out a feather duster iirc).
Mecha and other vehicles or really big things are probably out though, but it's still useful as hell.

Sure, you could take Portal. But that's a trap because the 80 square feet maximum is far too small to get a mecha out of anyway, or store most vehicles in it at all. Seeing how you can get 80000 square feet of space in there you'll probably want to store a few small space ships or something like that, so it's better not to take it.
It's also pretty expensive and warehouse CP are pretty scarce to begin with.
>>
>>46112506
I just house rule that I can touch doors to turn them into portals.
>>
>>46112388
Check out Equipped from the Magical Girl Noir jump.
>>
>>46112532
>>46112506
Thanks.
>>
>>46112388
Erza is considered a prodigy and pinnacle of the magic because she can do armor, not just weapons. I'd assume it gets hit hard for trying to scale it up, with cost exponentially increasing with size.
>>
>>46112506
Is it impossible to upgrade portal? Could a person use perks to boost the size? I mean it's not like you are making the warehouse any bigger. Just the door.
>>
>>46112646
As far as I know, there is no way to increase the size of a warehouse portal.
I get around portal size issues by storing nearly everything digitally and then just re-materializing it when I need it.
>>
>>46112627
I thought she was considerred amazing because she had so many armors. Where the hell did she get them all anyway?
>>
>>46112693
I figure once you pick up more than a little magical knowhow you can figure out how to stretch the Warehouse portal no problem. I mean, one of my Companions could recreate the Ocean Palace if she put her mind to it. I think widening a simple portal to a side dimension shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>46107857
Tropico.
>>
>>46112695
How does any veteran adventurer get magic goodies? Force and/or loads of money.
>>
>>46112731
Well she didn't start out withh all those goodies.
>>
>>46112695
I know she buys at least some of them, she's got a deal with a local armoring company for discounts in return for advertising them.
>>
>>46112772
Yes, so she worked her way up, everyone starts at level one. Also probably used the telekinesis over swords she used once or twice early on and then never again.
>>
>>46112506

Or, you have a handy haversack, or you materialise what you need, or you have the shadow-storage wardrobe, or dresspheres, or time control, or you just don't need to change equipment and armour because it's not hard to merge everything together.

At best it's a magic that you should study in the setting. But actually spending CP on it is a poor deal that gets progressively less useful.
>>
>>46112891
Not to put anything against those but for me I just use it to flip amongst my everyday clothes and my armor. It is still amazingly useful.
>>
>>46112693
>I get around portal size issues by storing nearly everything digitally and then just re-materializing it when I need it.
What's the best way to go about storing things digitally? I usually use an upgraded SDU from Borderlands.
>>
>>46111320
>Remembered the Slayer's Handbook was a thing. Rewrote the laws of magic.

So I imagine this is using the Buffy item, but what does the slayer's handbook involve the magic going away? Not doubting you here, just unfamiliar with FR and curious about this.
>>
>>46112960
Well isn't Mystra dead? So magic is technically open to be changed, I guess.
>>
>>46112935
Not him but I use digitizer ray tech. I bought the digitizer ray from generic virtual world and reverse engineered it. I then made a suit of armor based on digitizing and dedigitizing stuff via emitters in the cuffs and chest.
>>
>>46112935

Generic Virtual World's Digitiser and Ar Tonelico's binary field stuff.

The former is very efficient, the latter much more flexible.
>>
>>46112960
The Spellplauge was actually what made magic go away in the world of Forgotten Realms. One of the Gods killed the God of Magic at the instigation of a third God. I didn't read too deeply into it, but it was one of the major world changing events. Arcane Magic shut off almost entirely. Entire countries were destroyed or switched places or a number of wild other things because what magic was left started going wild. All Arcane Casters found their magic either unusable, unstable, and/or unreliable.

I capitalized on the Slayer's Handbook's ability to rewrite the laws of magic if magic itself becomes damaged/broken/disappears. Admittedly, it took me a while because I was trying to save a city from Formians and I don't always remember everything inside my Warehouse, but I clued in after a few months and shenaniganed magic mostly back into working order. At the very least I created a new God of Magic and kick-started Arcane Magic before too much damage could be done.

Let me tell you, the Gods were /not/ happy about having a new brethren suddenly show up and look down his flowing white beard at their antics.
>>
>>46112935
I hooked a generic virtual world digitizer up to my warehouse's terminal, and placed the emitter near the door. I just have to park something large near a portal of any size, and it can store it. Alternatively, I can call forth any item stored without going into my warehouse (meaning I could call forth, say, a tank or gun via a portal on a postcard). And the terminal automatically catalogues the stored items.

Downside is now I have too much space.

Previously, I had shrunk things with harry potter magic, but that was a pain.
>>
File: Just As Planned.png (158 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
Just As Planned.png
158 KB, 480x480
>>46113028
Haha, wow. Sounds like somewhat of a total cluster fuck. Thank you for educating me on that one, it gives me something to think about for whenever I actually get there. If you don't mind, what design did you have in mind for the created god and how did the two of you interact if you did at all beyond that point? Sounds interesting.
>>
>>46112627
She's considered a prodigy because she can switch fast enough to make it combat-effective. Several people use requip to change clothes and stuff like that, but switching armors in combat without being gutted is on another level.
She also uses Sword Magic in addition to requip, which includes telekinetic control over lots of weapons at once and stuff like elemental effects and various other attacks.
The magic involved isn't that impressive. What makes her S-Class and earned her the name "Queen of the Fairies" is the fact that she's monstrously strong and skilled with her chosen weapons.

>>46112891
All of those are far more limited than requip. A handy haversack stores what, 120 pounds of gear?
A warehouse with the space extension has 80000ft2 or about 7,4km2 with no weight limit. That's a hell of a lot of stuff, and you don't need to transfer it from your warehouse to some other storage space first.

And buying requip is hardly a waste of CP. It costs you at most 400cp, which still leaves room for one S-Class magic and companion import (who can all choose one S-Class magic too if they sacrifice their free C-Class).
What more do you want out of the jump?
>>
>>46113184

Digitising and rematerializing equipment is limited now?
>>
>>46112935
As others have mentioned, I integrated the digitizer ray from GVW into my cyborg body, so I just have to point at something and zap, stored or zap, it re-appears in my hands or wherever I point.

Could have done it a few different ways, ranging from altering star trek teleporter/replicators, to Ar Tonelico song science, but Generic Virtual World just happened to be the first jump in my chain that made it possible.

Combined with a large data storage system (I use the Holographic Computer from Tenchi Muyo since it's basically Clarktech), and some AI, you can just get your AI to create anything you need virtually, then materialise it. Simple items on the fly, complex items you'll need to design and store in your system ahead of time (depending how fast your AI can blueprint stuff from scratch).

Just keep in mind that there are some things that can mess with this system (folks with technopathic powers, things that seal off higher dimensions will mess with the holographic computer, etc.), so keep backups and/or spares.
>>
>>46113184
I thought the S-class magic bit was if they chose to get the same S-class as your own?
>>
While we're talking about Warehouses, is there any way I can make a pocket dimension that's attached to/inside the Warehouse that will follow me between jumps?
>>
>>46113253
okay one of the Final Fantasy jumps has a bonsai universe that attaches to it but it , degrades anything that was not created inside it , now if you level up Dungeons & Dragons magic sufficiently you can cast a spell called Genesis which creates a "plane" so cast the spell inside the bonsai universe and now you have a pocket dimension attached to the warehouse. The thing is it's really hard to grow this pocket dimension and it takes a very long time.
>>
>>46113253
Some people say yes and some say no. I know you can use super mario paintings to sort of do this but they have a size limit.
>>
>>46113209
Depends on where you get the ability from and how you implement it. It's certainly more effort to set up than just jumping FT and picking up requip in addition to your choice of S-Class magic.
And i'd say it gets more useful rather than less with every piece of gear you pick up.

It also has different weaknesses than requip (magic vs technology) so if you rely a lot on gear you may just want to get both of them.
>>
>>46113161
Oh, it was. I had been hoping to avoid the entire clusterfuck of the Spellplauge entirely, but the dice demanded tribute and I was compelled to obey them.

As silly as it sounds, I went with the appearance of Charlton Heston at the end of The Ten Commandments for the appearance for the created god. Not really for any specific reason, but because that was what I always imagined Mordenkainen looking like and he was the most famous Wizard I could remember from the Dungeons and Dragons settings. So I installed an idealized version of him. I should have worded things a bit more carefully, because as it turns out I accidentally made him Immortal even among the other Gods.

I really tried not to interact with the Gods if I can help it. Hell, I didn't even hit Epic Levels during my stay in Forgotten Realms. I was far too focused on seeing how far I could push mixing learned and natural magic with Sorcerer/Wizard/Ultimate Magus. But in the end I couldn't think of a better way to reinstate Arcane Magic without tying it to some naturally forming crystal or ambient radiation generated by sentient beings. I didn't interact with the new God of Magic beyond a simple, thanks for creating me, now excuse me while I put some noses out of joint. The other Gods, whoooooo boy were they pissed. I spent much of my last year avoiding various smiting by a mixture of raw magical power, regeneration, and a load of seasoned Companions. My Dragon Drone helped a bit too.
>>
>>46113251
I don't know if it's ever been clarified by the author. I choose to interpret it as "you have a S-Class magic so your companions get a discount if they buy S-Class magic", because everyone having the same would be boring.

>>46113253
Terraria has a perk that lets you create (Terraria) worlds (up to three) that are accessed from your warehouse.
Minecraft has Mystcraft which lets you create books that link to different worlds but they degrade in a week unless you do archeology/research in those worlds to make them better.
>>
>>46113253
The general ruling as I recall it was while space within the Warehouse can't be warped or changed, objects with an already anchored sub dimension/are bigger on the inside continue to function normally within it. That's vague recollections from hundreds of threads ago though, believe it came up because of Harry Potter. A quick query of a few possible search terms and Quicksilver in name isn't showing anything though, so take it as you will.
>>
>>46113335
>less you do archeology/research in those worlds to make them better.

Which can be done rather easily if you have enough well programmed robots. Hell you could literally stripmine the planet you make and get a bumper crop of precious metals while your at it.
>>
>>46113215
>Just keep in mind that there are some things that can mess with this system

This is why I went against the grain and kept my digitizer in my warehouse. Sure, it would be cool to access my full inventory, from sword to ships, wthout opening a portal, but far too many things could fuck it up.
>>
>>46113335
>I don't know if it's ever been clarified by the author.
Well look at what kind of ruling it is - it'd essentially be a nerf to tell people that.
>>
Is there a jump that lets you pass abilities on to an offspring? Thinking about trying a hand at making a bloodline.
>>
>>46113593
Discworld has that.
>>
>>46113593
Shrek
>>
>>46113593
Chrono Trigger has something like that as a scenario reward, IIRC
>>
>>46111025
>that pic
didn't understand the meme when I first saw it
still doesn't make sense now
>>
File: Niccolo_(LoM_Artwork).png (579 KB, 535x693) Image search: [Google]
Niccolo_(LoM_Artwork).png
579 KB, 535x693
>>46111353
The land re-seals itself after each jump if you've planted it. So yeah they replenish. Same with the other artifacts.

>>46111637
Truth be told I kind of forgot that was how they worked. I'm gonna go with yes, the ones offered in the jump have that effect, and I'll add a note to the artifact section regarding that.

>>46111958
Well, the Mana Tree is the source of all Mana in the world. Bringing that into another world is effectively bringing magic into a world, after you purge it of corruption during the jump at least. I'm sure you can think of some uses for that.

>>46112034
Honestly I kind of want to see the stupid shit people do with that perk.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 400x600
>>46113776
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/zoot-suit-daffy-duck
>>
>>46114089
>Truth be told I kind of forgot that was how they worked. I'm gonna go with yes, the ones offered in the jump have that effect, and I'll add a note to the artifact section regarding that.
Just to clarify, does that include any new ones I might make with Preserve The Land? Because I want to see what sort of world I can make by stitching together stolen pieces of others and letting their histories interweave.
>>
>>46114089
A nice jump you have there.

Just how powerful are level 99 monsters? Max level, say, rabbit, how impossible is it to kill?
>>
>>46114103
That is dumber than fish girl on /a/.
>>
>>46114089
>Truth be told I kind of forgot that was how they worked. I'm gonna go with yes, the ones offered in the jump have that effect, and I'll add a note to the artifact section regarding that.
But the ones you make through the perk don't?

>Well, the Mana Tree is the source of all Mana in the world. Bringing that into another world is effectively bringing magic into a world, after you purge it of corruption during the jump at least. I'm sure you can think of some uses for that.
I'm pretty sure he meant what the artifacts do, without plopping down a place.
>>
File: by the emporer.jpg (299 KB, 700x1690) Image search: [Google]
by the emporer.jpg
299 KB, 700x1690
>>46114178
>>
File: DevilSurvivorJump (1).pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
DevilSurvivorJump (1).pdf
1 B, 486x500
Boo-njour, everyone! I have with me the Devil Survivor Jump, now with a more informative intro, locations, and the beginning of a background system! Let me know what you thing, any comments, questions, or criticisms are welcome!
>>
File: Rabite.png (44 KB, 180x162) Image search: [Google]
Rabite.png
44 KB, 180x162
>>46114147
Yes, it does. That sounds quite silly.

>>46114163
Essentially a Rabite (pictured here) would take a good hour of wailing on before it stayed down. And if it manages to get a hit on you, you're toast if you don't have really good armor.
>>
>>46114238
>Yes, it does. That sounds quite silly.
Awesome. Thanks, Benevolent. I'm going to have fun with that perk. And with the jump itself, of course. Legend of Mana is a nice game, has a lot of endearing characters and interesting setting concepts. It should be fun to spend time there. I also absolutely love that you made Lil' Cactus a free companion, because I think we can all agree that little guy's awesome.
>>
>>46114212

#justhereticthings
>>
>>46114231
That's some good writing.

Just occured to me - will there be perks based on a Synchronizer system, or Aya's song? Both are some very interesting details in the setting, so I've been wondering.

>>46114238
Well then. Grinding, taming and eating all the way, then. That'll be fun.
>>
>>46114305
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2f2mzr_the-zoot-cat-1944_shortfilms

Purge the Heretics with cartoon cats!
>>
>>46114320
Aya's song is a maybe, but the Synchronizer system will probably be covered in the Programmer tree, as one of the technologies you can learn and replicate, if that's what you mean.
>>
>>46113253
You can't buy them, but Negima has enchanted glass domes small enough to fit on a table that can house biomes up to the size of islands or mountang ranges. You can also alter how time flies relative to the outside.
>>
>>46113253
Several of Dirge's jumps offer that. The Herb Garden in Atelier Arland and the Settlement in Dark Cloud 2's scenario come to mind most immediately.
>>
>>46114231
I don't suppose we could get a demon origin with the goals slightly altered? Mostly just changing the second one being inverted, with the fun part being it conflicts some with the fourth one. Maybe just do it as a drawback.
>>
>>46114498
Actually, I was planning on including a perk where you become a Bel, taking Abel's place in the War for the Throne of Bel.
>>
>>46107872
>Tempering
>Sounds nice and powerful
>Complicated? Pffffffft
>Click on the link
>Oh my god what the christ
That's... An interesting feature.
>>
>>46107872
Is there really no way to heal the mana goddess of her corruption without killing her? I mean I have lots of anti corruption abilities can't I use them to therapy her better?
>>
File: Fresh Jumper.jpg (128 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Fresh Jumper.jpg
128 KB, 1200x800
>>46114527
>become a Bel, taking Abel's place in the War for the Throne of Bel.

Well this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down. Now I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there. I'll tell you all about how I became the fresh Bel of Jumpair.
>>
>>46114231
I'm just curious, but will this also include the new stuff from Overclocked?
>>
>>46114688
Jeez, that's the second time someone's made that joke this thread. Of course, you'll have to fight ALL the other Bels, from the immortal Beldr, to the Wicked Flame Belial, to the Evil Rose Jezebel, to the Lord of the Flies Belzaboul, to the Raging God Belberith himself, before using their power to challenge Babel.
>>46114730
Yes, I'm planning on including the 8th day as a drawback, with a beefed up version being one of the higher cp drawbacks. As well, summoning demons without a COMP will also be an ability Jumpers with the Bel perk will get if they win the war.
>>
So I'm assuming Dragon Slayer Magic gives you motion sickness (only until you leave the jump, right?), but would No Sell from Tsukihime help with that?
>>
>>46115098
Motion sickness is a drawback bruh. Presumably, you're like early series Wendy if you don't take the drawback and just never really develop motion sickness.
>>
>>46115311
But Dragon Slayers automatically gain it when they reach a certain level.
>>
File: Swordsgirl.jpg (307 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Swordsgirl.jpg
307 KB, 640x800
>>46107872
...So!

Going through this jump filled me with eldritch horror of more than ten years past, when this game utterly wrecked me.

But once again - tis a good pain. And all shall be well.

Human: Let's not overcomplicate matters.

Abilities & Techniques: I remember those being pretty insane.
Synchronize: So, passive HP regen for everyone around me, and myself. Good. We'll need it.
The Path of the Blacksmith (200CP): My gods, that game's crafting.
Preserve the Land (600CP): In the end, we all are a bit of a magpie on the inside.

Mailbox: Such a nice thing, for free. What a gift!~
Sword of Mana (800CP): There is something to be said about a plot where your main weapon is the final boss. A nice idea indeed.

Li’l Cactus: Heya runt. Long time no see.
Companion Import: Ooooof, they are going to HATE me.

No Future: FUN. ALL THE FUN.

~~~

So, the plan for surviving this. Heh.

Assymetric warfare 101 - use your enemy's strength against them. Which is why I am going to find the weakest mob in the game, wail on it for as long as needed with the Sword of Mana, and eat it whole. Then, I'll do the same to a whole lot more of them, until I can repeat the process to stronger monsters.

Repeat ad infinitum, until well done.

...Or, at some point I'll just snap and start abusing the Animorphs perks. Which will probably happen.

~~~

That said? Thanks a lot, Benevolent. This is a good jump. I sealed away the memories of playing this a long time ago. Wonder if it aged well...?
>>
File: Iron_Blood_IW_Flagship.jpg (78 KB, 817x359) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Blood_IW_Flagship.jpg
78 KB, 817x359
Could I use Swordplant from king Arthur jump to grow an STC library from 40k? lots of time would be saved and less toasters dead.
>>
>>46115622
Yes, if you're doing what I think you are. Grow a copy of an object, feed that to the STC Converter, get both the original and the blueprints for it? Is that the plan?
>>
>>46115777
Either that or have it recomplete itself since the perk seems to make a more complex version grow from what you planted.
>>
File: Kheradruak.jpg (23 KB, 272x400) Image search: [Google]
Kheradruak.jpg
23 KB, 272x400
So Jumpers, how did you defeat Kheradruakh the Decapitator?
>>
>>46115861
Decapitation. In retrospect it wasn't as funny as I thought it would be.
>>
>>46115861
Body double sleeping on a bed rigged with a few hundred pounds of explosives.
>>
>>46115882
I... don't know what you're talking about. I haven't been there yet. Why is my nose bleeding?

I was forced to launch him out into space. Trapped him in an airlock by standing in it and turning on a series of lights to leave him no shadows. Blew out the airlock and held on for dear life. His look of surprise was worth the pain.
>>
File: imout.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
imout.gif
2 MB, 449x266
>>46115861
abuse of Wall of Steel and a melta gun.
>>
>>46115861
I took the deathmark and they had the Melee equivalent of a sniper's duel.
>>
>>46115861
By basically being a slightly deranged Batman with a Hexrifle + a luck perk.

Also a companion who used to be a mandrake and is also a ridiculously good bodyguard starting as a Brock Samson type and really just getting better from there.

Don't think Kheradruakh had really had to deal with a giant Necron centipede either.

Also (and probably most importantly) rolled really well.
>>
>>46115861

The entirety of the ship he attempted to infiltrate was seeded with a micromachine immune system. Even leaving aside the reality warping computers, he was dead seconds after his unregistered biological fingerprint was noted.

Skipping through shadows only helps if you can exploit holes in internal surveillance, of which there are none.
>>
>>46115861
I control shadows. It was a surprise for him when they suddenly everted into a row of spikes, and even more so when they turned into a ravenous beast intent on tearing him to shreds. Made for a fun fight.
>>
>>46115861
By being paranoid, lucky, and mostly made out of necrodermis.
>>
>>46115861
Who?
>>
Alright fellow jumpers whats a good way to get telepathy and/or mind control
>>
So, Soul Eater Question
I get that you can import companions to become weapons, but can you import WEAPONS to become companions? like, the sword I've carried around since my third jump, can I turn it into a companion with a human form in Soul Eater?
I really really don't want to switch weapons because I've upgraded this thing a bunch
>>
>>46116294
DND magic
>>
>>46116302
I think so, if I remember right there's an option to import a weapon as your weapon form, so it should work the same with a companion. You get a free one as a Meister, and a 200cp Black Blood one for Drop-in.
>>
>>46116302
Reading through the Companion Perk for the Jump, I say go for it. Make up a personality and Human body for that weapon to have and go nuts.
>>
>>46116302
No, but you can find a jump that can turn your sword into a companion such as Binbougami. Alternatively, you could create an AI to install into your phone and declare it a companion or do something similar.
>>
>>46116382
Why did I say phone, I meant sword.
>>
>>46116358
hmm, ebin Nanotech'd thundersword that's also black blood?
not sure if want, I think I'll just go for a standard weapon with some Resonance
>>
>>46116294
Worm has a Few master perks, Warhammer 40K has a Psyker power for Telepathy, Star Wars has the Jedi Mind Trick, Harry Potter has Imperius, Brane thane from Skullgirl has potential for Mind control, and Thought Control from Alpha Centauri has potential to control massive amounts of people.
>>
>>46116400
by that I mean standard import the weapon instead of making it black blood because going insane isn't my cup of tea.
>>
>>46116382
What makes you say no? I'm curious.
>>
>>46116400
>>46116424
It won't drive you insane by itself, and Post-Jump it has no effect anymore. Then again, you'll have a companion living inside you, so...Yeah, regular is probably a better idea.
>>
>>46116438
It's what the author has said in the past, along with the fact that the option says you can import a companion, but not that you can import a weapon.
>>
>>46116457
yeah, if it would have memories of it's time as a weapon (which it would, I'm assuming) it would probably drive me insane by reminding me of the time I had to kill everyone in the Dreadzone of Ratchet and Clank
>>
>>46115861
In savage melee combat.

By the time i jumped LoT i was already a master martial artist with a whole lot of styles under my belt and more than 2 millenia of experience.
I also picked useful stuff with Bodymod instead of beauty perks, so while nowhere near full power i was still quite capable despite the Deadlight being intact, and Luck of the Damned might have helped.

Doing A Grand Day Out before Heathen Trail also meant i was an alpha level psyker which didn't exactly hurt.
>>
>>46116459
Huh. I didn't realize there had been a ruling on the matter. Well, there it is.
>>
So, aside from DBZ, what jumps are end jumps?
>>
>>46116528
Darksiders, Gurren Lagann, Tenchi Muyo, and eventually Exalted and Homestuck.
>>
>>46116528
Gurren Lagann, Tenchi Muyo, Darksiders, and the upcoming Crisis of Infinite Crises all have endgame options, the last one BEING an endjump.
>>
>>46116528
Gurren Lagann, Darksiders and Tenchi Muyo
>>
So I just watched the Dante vs Bayonetta Death Battle, and I know it's not exactly accurate, but holy shit - their feats are insane. Can you get to their level from what you get in the DMC/Bayo jumps?
>>
>>46116578
Potentially, but not from the start.

Also, Word of God - Bayo would've won.
>>
>>46116568
>the last one BEING an endjump.

So basically another one locked from being jumpable.

Blocking content is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>46116635
We already have a DC jump. This is the End Jump expansion pack. So go fuck yourself.
>>
>>46116635
We already have a DC jump, anon.
>>
>>46116615
>Also, Word of God - Bayo would've won.
Really? I've never seen that before. Have a source?
>>
>>46107872

Legend of Mana
> Race: Beastfolk (Catfolk)
> Abilities & Techniques [Get a Freebie!]
> Synchronize (Regen) [Get a Freebie!]
> Enchanted Instruments 101 [-100CP]
> Basic Golemology [-200CP]
> Starting Equipment [Get a Freebie!]
> Mailbox [Get a Freebie!]
> Blacksmithy [-100CP]
> Tome of Magic [-400CP]
> Sword of Mana [-800CP]
> Li’l Cactus [Get a Freebie!]
> Business Unusual [+200CP]
> Nightmare [+400CP]
> Loot: Forbidden Tome

Behold, the Mana Sword. It joins the likes of the Unpowered Master Sword and Excalibur in my collected legendary swords that I use for jack shit.
Behold, the Mana Tree. It joins the likes of the Yggdrasil, Iifa, and Jurai Trees in my collected magic trees standing at the bottom of my incredibly massive warehouse that I am probably prepping for some nebulous and sinister purpose.
This is admittedly the first time I've gotten both in one package. That's a new one on me.

So, fill world with plants, restore lost cities, hit things with sword, kill goddess of magic. Got it.
I might give Geo that fortress I got from OotS, just so I don't have to keep replanting it.
The Goddess of Magic will make such incredible Magicite.

Other than that and what is probably massive level-grinding (why is everything so powerful?!), I will get up to shenanigans with this rabbit guy. He seems like a nice guy. And he's so fluffy! I can't stay mad at him.
After all, with a title like "Peddler of Smiles", how could he be bad?
I love you, Niccolo!
>>
>>46114231
Will you be doing a DDS 2 option? Also, will you be doing a Persona-esque drawback that extends it from one week to ten years?
>>
>>46114089
Huh. But bringing magic into a world will result in an apocalypse, right? Or is that an unusual situation?
>>
>>46116699
I'm actually planning on making a full Devil Survivor 2 Jump, if Annette doesn't take it. As for the drawback, I'm considering it.
>>
>>46116528
The Nodos option in Heroic Age is an Endgame scenario as well.
>>
>>46116615
Wasn't Kamiya referring to the DMC1 Dante in that interview?

>>46116699
Digital Devil Saga? Whyever would THAT be there?~

Joke.

>>46116735
Playing the game right now. As awesome as I remember it.

That said, it'll take me time to get through everything. And judging by the jump you've already created, you'll do both games justice.

Good luck.

>Ten Years drawback
>Persist in the doomed world you have created
Sounds fun.

BTW - planning any complex stuff with the demon summoning? SMT draft some threads back had a beautiful solution for that.
>>
>>46116760
Isn't that jump incomplete though?
>>
>>46116909
It's complete, just not very good.
>>
>>46116868
I appreciate the faith you have in me. As for demon summoning, that will depend on the method: COMP summoning will work like normal SMT, while Bel summoning would be more powerful and just as easy to use. Song/Maiden summoning, ala Aya/Haru or Amane, would be more complex and difficult but would bring out more powerful demons compared to COMP summoning, without having to fight the Bels like Bel summoning. By the way, when and if I do Devil Survivor 2, would a Septentrion perk ala Alcor/Al Saiduq work well?
>>
>>46116979
>Septentrion perk
Oh dear.

I'd say that depends on whether you'll be able to make it work well. To start with, adding another star to the Dipper...?

Anyway - if you COULD find a way to incorporate it, that would be delightful.

Might be too soon, but - going to innclude the Triangulum material?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.