[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Actors who have done the most in helping make /tg/ related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: 6.29.13WilWheatonByLuigiNovi1.jpg (639 KB, 2087x2926) Image search: [Google]
6.29.13WilWheatonByLuigiNovi1.jpg
639 KB, 2087x2926
ITT: Actors who have done the most in helping make /tg/ related activities mainstream.
>>
>>46103045
>ITT: Actors who have done the most in making /tg/ related hobbies and the people who partake in them look bad.
ftfy
>>
Who?
>>
File: 1414572367457.gif (1 MB, 400x406) Image search: [Google]
1414572367457.gif
1 MB, 400x406
"actor"
>>
>>46103045
Shut up, Wesley!
>>
>>46103045
While I don't deny the contributions he's made, I have to wonder if this is a weak attempt at trolling or if Will just needs an ego boost.
>>
File: tzLkRny.png (173 KB, 1037x842) Image search: [Google]
tzLkRny.png
173 KB, 1037x842
>>46103560
>>
File: Shut up Wil.jpg (42 KB, 685x618) Image search: [Google]
Shut up Wil.jpg
42 KB, 685x618
>>46103045
>>
File: Disgusting “Men”.gif (591 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting “Men”.gif
591 KB, 480x270
>>46103045
>Actor
>>
>>46103045

He's more cashing in and building his celebrity back up by riding a trend that's already ongoing.

/tg/ stuff sells these days. And the hard core pipe-hitting nerds who get autistic about whether TIE Avengers are canon or not are the thought leaders who can build a multibillion dollar franchise or freeze it in its tracks.

So Hollywood, slowly, listens. And, in turn, you get guys who ride the wave. Or at least try to.
>>
>>46103592
Sounds like the ego boost.
>>
>>46103711
I really want that screencap to be real.
>>
>>46103816
Me too. I lold.
>>
>>46103045
Fuck off, Wheaton. You're a hack and your wife's a dumb cunt. Go back to trying to sue people for hurting your feelings.
>>
File: vin diesel.jpg (55 KB, 340x475) Image search: [Google]
vin diesel.jpg
55 KB, 340x475
>>46103045
>>46103045
>>
>>46103886
>o back to trying to sue people for hurting your feelings

Source?
>>
>>46103800
Out of curiosity, how do my fellow fa/tg/uys feel about the whole "nerds are the new cool" trend? It seems kinda weird to me, but I never had the really strong reaction I've seen with some towards BBT, the marvel movies, etc...
>>
>>46103946
It's shit.
>>
>>46103946
The way it works is, nerds aren't the new cool, we're just taking originally nerdy things and making them more badass to slowly kill off the non-nerd population and take control of the World's Governments.
>>
>>46103936
He and his wife made posts about it on Twitter, including pics of the paperwork for proof. They were trying to sue people for "harassment" because they said mean things about them on social media.
>>46103946
We're still being made fun of. Nothing's changed.
>>
>>46104020
>implying nerds don't already run the world via control of all the major technology corporations
>>
>>46103946

It's shit because standards get lowered once something goes to a large amount of people.
>>
>>46104043
>did you try turning it off and on again?

>so my malware can get into your boot files.

This is what /g/ actually believes.
>>
>>46104042
>He and his wife made posts about it on Twitter, including pics of the paperwork for proof. They were trying to sue people for "harassment" because they said mean things about them on social media.

Its hilarious because the pic was a copypasta of the Navy Seals meme.
>>
>>46103045
Nah, he's just cashing in on the recent "nerds are cool" trend. He's not as bad as Felicia Day, granted, but still not great.

Matt Mercer 4 lyfe.
>>
>>46103946
It has made traditionally nerdy activities more popular which has had mixed benefits.
On one hand more material than ever is being made (for the bigger market), but on the other hand most of it is being streamlined in order to reach a bigger (and possibly less intelligent) market.
A net loss overall in my opinion.
>>
>>46103946
many things I like are watering themselves down to appeal to a larger market, which is somewhat annoying
>>
>>46103946
I'm glad that it's made it more available and varied as a market.
It's just annoying that at the same time people have normalized it they still idealize it as if it's still non-normalized.

I mean, yeah, great, you enjoy things. You don't need to be 'proud to be a nerd' you're just somebody who doesn't arbitrarily restrict themselves perceived social acceptance. Woo.
>>
File: ten mirrion times.gif (992 KB, 245x229) Image search: [Google]
ten mirrion times.gif
992 KB, 245x229
>>46103946

/tg/ fucking hates it, something about normies or similar horseshit.

I personally don't have any strong feelings. I hate BBT because it's patronizing and unfunny, not because college girls have started wearing Captain America buttons on their backpacks.

I don't care about nerd cred so it's no skin off my nose if someone thinks I'm a Zimbabwean when I wear my Stark t-shirt. I like what I like because I like it, not because it's in vogue (or because it's not).

If anything it's probably a good thing, because we're gonna continue to get high-budget genre fiction produced.
>>
>>46104043
Eh, I've seen some fags on 4chan who aren't high enough on the intelligence ladder to reach that conclusion, so I wanted them to believe they could stop us.

It is too late. We control your iPhone. We control your desire.
>>
>>46104099
>Felicia Day
God I hate that bitch. Got a guy fired because he spoke the truth; she has done NOTHING for video games beyond a couple voice roles. She's not a dev, she's not a director, producer, programmer or anything. She is an actor. She's done as much for video games as Shia LeBeouf has done for movies.
>>
Vin Diesel is actually pretty huge into D&D, and I'm pretty sure he actually DM's a running game for the last couple years. He's posted on his twitter and facebook page information about his love for the hobby, and I think once posted a cake that he got for his birthday in the shape of either spellbooks or maybe a mimic.

I'm also pretty sure that the Chronicles of Riddick are based off of one of his D&D characters.
>>
I hate it.

Tabletop was our outlet. Our little geek circle where we get to do fun stuff away from the popular people who made fun of us.

And then this faggot brings the cool kids over, plays our games, and laughs us out of our hobby AGAIN?
>>
>>46104182
>Got a guy fired because he spoke the truth
Details or sauce?
>>
>>46104182
At least she's made Geek & Sundry now.

Original content? Naw, not really. But it's kind of a neat network, and is more than anything somebody like Wil Wheaton has done.
>>
>>46104198
>old enough to post on 4chan
>gives a shit what other people think
>>
>>46104198
>m-muh nerd persecution complex
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>46104137
>(and possibly less intelligent)
>implying the demographic that plays tabletop games is any more or less intelligent than other demographics

"Nerds" aren't really any smarter or dumber than other people. They are often just interested in hobbies that are very extensive and involve either bookkeeping or memorization or mathematics/science to truly appreciate.

Imaginative? Sure. But I wouldn't say "intelligent."
>>
>>46104192

The Last Witchhunter was another of his D&D characters, and so was Riddick.
>>
>>46103098
/thread
>>
>>46104166

Based Will Keith
>>
File: hes not wrong.jpg (45 KB, 524x299) Image search: [Google]
hes not wrong.jpg
45 KB, 524x299
>>46104212
He was a Destructoid writer or editor. This caused this massive backlash of SJWs and white knights coming to her "rescue" and causing him to get fired because he dared to say anything but praise about some actor who claims to be some feminist icon.
>>
>>46104346
In fairness, it kinda makes sense for him to get fired. He went off to -specifically- antagonize a person, a semi-famous one at that, over essentially nothing.
Bare minimum it makes the company look really bad and unprofessional.

Although he could've also just been on their shit list until he made up for it, too, but whatever.
>>
>>46104257
I think the stereotypes start kicking in when people start looking at things as subcultures rather than just as kinds-of-stuff-they-like.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love my rpgs and having a conversation with someone else who likes them is great, but I've never considered myself as part of some special separate social block for playing them, just someone with different hobbies.

>>46104346
That is kinda fucked up he lost a job over it, but the dude was being kind of a dick, and more pragmatically I question what his logic was. If you start shit-talking someone more influential than you, especially if its someone your bosses probably want to be on the good side of, what do you think is gonna happen?

I mean, he didn't deserve to be fired, but if you make yourself a target you gotta be careful.
>>
>>46104237

Would you be posting a reply to him if you didn't care what he thinks?

Ponder upon that, anon. Take your time.
>>
>>46104513
Would you be posting a reply if you weren't reaching for some sense of superiority?

(End the cycle, arisen.)
>>
>>46104346
Gonna have to side with >>46104392 on this. Those questions, even if they're valid, are very antagonistic. An ostensibly professional journalist has no business acting like this because it makes it sound like he's trying to write a hit piece. I can see why Destructoid wouldn't want to be associated with that.

The fact twitter absolutely hates it when you go after "women in gaming" certainly doesn't help. But that alone isn't the problem here.
>>
>>46103045
>ITT: guaranteed replies
>>
>>46103946
This bald asshole put it pretty well:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=youre_not_a_nerd
>>
>>46104346
Why'd he ask that three times? And on the same day, no less.
>>
>>46105049
Why do we have the same threads three times?

On the same day no less?

Because sometimes a nigga just won't let it go.
>>
>>46104137
>(and possibly less intelligent)
You mean "less willing to spend 90% of their day memorizing bloated rulesets and pointlessly obscure mechanics"?
>>
>>46104346
I fail to see how that's her fault, though. "Felicia Day" didn't get this guy fired, "dumbasses on the internet" did.
>>
File: felicia day.jpg (55 KB, 327x494) Image search: [Google]
felicia day.jpg
55 KB, 327x494
>>46104392
>it kinda makes sense for him to get fired
OH NO HE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT M'LADY HE SHOULD BE PUNISHED
>>
>>46105049
The first one is a general post. The second one was addressed to Felicia Day personally. The third was really just a follow-up/second half of the second. With Twitter's character limit, it helps to just think of this as all one post when you see a bunch of connected single posts like that.

It's kind of like
that one person
that only types
a few words at
a time when
texting.

The difference being that Twitter basically forces you to split up your posts like that (while people who do that while texting/chatting do it because it helps avoid that thing where someone keeps sending you messages while you're typing out a long reply).

This is one of the reasons that Twitter sucks as a means of communicating with people... though a lot of people have yet to realize that.
>>
>>46104346

This is why Twitter is a bad medium for certain discourse. Instead of refining and supporting your argument, you see people stream of consciousness chainpost their 140 character word blurts and you get:
>>46105049
>>46105478
>bitch nigga can't stop talkin shit

...add the dash of celebrity, and you get the internet hate machine shitting on your life.

There's an argument to be made for whether Felicia Day is a celebrity poseur or actually enjoys nerdy pursuits. Mr Perez failed to make it, and sank his career with it.
>>
>>46103045
>Walks around with his sleeve rolled up so he can show off his shitty ink.
Pretty pleb desu.
>>
>>46105855
No, we mean "less intelligent, evidenced by the fact that it takes them 90% of a day to learn how to play a children's game".
>>
>>46103045
So do mods just not delete b8 threads now?
>>
>>46105855
>You mean "less willing to spend 90% of their day memorizing bloated rulesets and pointlessly obscure mechanics"?
Nah he means less intelligent bruvleim.

Tbf my familia this is why we have niggers who think CAH is an amazing game or that Munchkin is has depth.

Same people who you RP with and they ask what their skill check or bonuses are when it's in front of them on their sheets.

Y'know, the people that didn't typically play these games until they saw popular e-celebrities playing them.
>>
>>46105964
It goes both ways. Remember that cunt who got two guys fired for whispering a joke during a tech conference?

Well then it turns out that she had said some outlandishly sexist stuff on her company twitter, and she got fired.

Don't be a tool in a professional capacity, because people don't like being represented by tools.
>>
>>46106163
>punishing people for saying things
When the fuck did you people all become the conservatives that you profess to hate?
>>
>>46104931
Damn, that pretty much hits the nail on the head.
>>
>>46106221
/tg/ is Trump territory friend.

>MAGA
>>
>>46106109
It's a controversial topic but a legitimate one.

>>46103946
>>46104137
>>46104139
>>46105855
>>46106151

There's more material, period. Sure some of it is simplified and and watered down, but there's also a lot of niches that are now marketable due to the increased market size.

The streamlined casual stuff may be more visible but that doesn't mean there's more of it, proportionally, to more autistic turbonerd rulesets.
>>
File: 1362673655258.gif (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1362673655258.gif
3 MB, 480x360
>>46106285
>mfw he's been reporting this thread hundreds of times because it offends him
>mfw he's fucking furious that nobody is responding to his loli waifu quest
>>
>>46106285
Exploding Kittens, a very shitty game made out of equally shitty memes sold millions of copies.One of the most successful boardgame kickstarters, beat out kingdom death iirc.

Your theory is dumb and so are you.
>>
>>46106221
To be fair, from the company's standpoint, they absolutely DO NOT want someone who's an open sexist or bigot on their payroll saying their shit publicly like that. The mentality of getting people fired over private information is bullshit and needs to stop, but if you put open hate speech on the internet, then the company has every right to choose not to associate with or pay you anymore. When you work for a company, you represent them, both on and off hours. This is no different now than it was in the sixties.

Basically, people need to learn to not post stupid shit on the internet. People just haven't learned that if you put something on the internet, nine times out of ten there's a way to track it back to you.
>>
File: 1457648749077.jpg (127 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457648749077.jpg
127 KB, 500x500
>>46103045
I just wanted top tell Op that I literally threw up when I saw this fucking pic. I ate like half a bottle of Sriracha today so it still burns even after 5 minutes.

Well done OP.
>>
>>46106336
Do you not know that the reason every big new kickstarter is the "most successful kickstarter"? People are paying kickstarter for publicity by passing them a percentage of large loans by filtering them through kickstarter in hopes to attract a big train of customers.

That's why all these games are running out of money so quickly without finishing the product. They give away a huge percentage of the money to kickstarter and marketing before they even get started hoping that customers will double their investment.
>>
>>46106385
When did pointing out the truth become hate speech?
>>
>>46106385
>To be fair, we should punish people for the things they say
I know you think that, but you're wrong. You're no better than every other shitbag throughout history who goes around trying to censor everyone around them. You're even worse in some ways because you have the resources at your disposal to educate yourself out of being a mad little cunt.
>>
>>46106405
>every big new kickstarter is the "most successful kickstarter"
That's not even true though. Most "Big Successes" do 1 million or under.

>Exploding kittens.
$8,782,571

Learn yourself.
>>
>>46106336
>beat out
What does that mean? Both got funded.
>Kittens got more
So? It appeals to a bigger audience. Do you just want everyone to stop having badwrongfun and for there only to be whatever kind of games you personally like on the market?

If traditional games weren't a trend then KD would have had less exposure, and may not have gotten funded. Tons of casual games bringing more people and money into the hobby is a good thing.

Sure some of them will never move past CAH and whatever shitty flavour-of-the-week thing but plenty will. More potential players is good. You might not like some of them, fine, don't' play with them. The point is there are now more options than ever. That is strictly a good thing.
>>
>>46106446
You're stupid. You have every right to be stupid, but people also have the right to call you stupid for being stupid, and to treat you worse for being so stupid.

Tough world love.
>>
>>46106506
>I see that your post wasn't 100% accurate in all situations so the content of the post must be disregarded
The scam doesn't work most of the time, dumbass.
>>
>>46106407
>>46106446

Corporations have a fiduciary duty to their investors to maximize profit, not freedom. Freedom of speech is not freedom from repercussions from that speech, only freedom from government infringement upon speech within limits. A corporation that DOESN'T fire you for stirring up a shitstorm, outside of a legal duty to not do so, is asking to get decision makers shitcanned and possible investor lawsuits.

I'm talking about what is, not what's ideal.
>>
>>46106446
There's a difference between censoring someone by taking away their right or ability to say things, and deciding not to associate with someone whose attitude you consider toxic. That guy is free to keep insulting people left and right. The company is free to consider him a dick/liability and not want him as part of their organization.
>>
>>46104346
Anyone who has worked a day in their life knows you don't shit talk other people in public without expecting some mind of repercussion. I know Felicia Day personally raped your waifu to death but it's time to admit you hate her because she's pretty and pretends to be a nerd
>>
File: normal color hair.jpg (276 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
normal color hair.jpg
276 KB, 1280x1109
>>46106551
>>46106560
And here they come
>>
>>46106549
You're wrong and defensive. Accept it.
>>
>>46106446
Are you fucking retarded? Being fired for acting like a cunt has been happening since jobs were a thing. Just because you have the freedom of speech doesn't mean you have freedom from the consequences of your actions. If you decide to use your social media that's linked to you and your employer to say shit said employer doesn't like, they're gonna shitcan you. Do it in person, same thing.

Also,
>explaining why something happens means I agree with it and endorse it

When will this fucking meme end?
>>
>>46106578
Oh, I see, you're an assmad fanboy who got taken for a ride on a product that won't deliver and you don't like hearing the truth
>>
>>46106513

I use the lake in a valley analogy: as the lake fills, the shallow portions expand in area, but the rest of the lake gains depth.
>>
>>46106610
>Literally mad posting.
Oh wow. You're the one frothing at the mouth friend.

Maybe you should calm down.
>>
>>46106575
The rainbow hair is a nice addition. I'm glad you updated your strawman. Any longer and you might have realized that it's not a shadow group of false flagging SJWs that have invaded 4chan, it's just that were sick of listening to your fucking whining
>>
>>46106631
Yep, confirmed kickstarter victim with stockholm syndrome. :^)
>>
File: le golden smile.jpg (12 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
le golden smile.jpg
12 KB, 250x241
>>46106661
>it's just that we
>>
>>46106679
All my kickstarters have been good to me actually.
So you're honestly just mad posting because someone told you you're wrong. This is all you have; blathering, impotent rage, and emoticons to try and deflect that you're literally mad as fuck.

Which you are. Don't be a cuck buds.
>>
You know what, going through and reading this thread I think I hate most of the posters in it way more than I'd ever hate Wil Wheaton or Felicia Day.
>>
>>46106730
Look, he's still doing damage control~
>>
File: 1434075392566.gif (899 KB, 158x129) Image search: [Google]
1434075392566.gif
899 KB, 158x129
>>46106575
>tfw you got so hammered that you managed to stumble in and get a tattoo of a huge black dick that occupies 70% of your back

And here people are complaining about irrelevant bullshit.
>>
>>46106785
Damage control? You made a wrong assertion and I told you you were wrong.

That's cute and all, but you're stupid as all hell.
>>
>>46106780
>>
>>46106823
Look how mad he is!
>>
>>46106780
>>46106825
>Can't handle the bantz.
>/Reddit/
>>
>>46106844
>This is the best you can do.
>>
>>46106845
I like bantz. This is literally people posting
>ur mad
>no ur mad
>>
>>46106869
>pointing and laughing at me is the best you can do
:^)
>>
>>46106575
Companies ought to have the right to do whatever they want when it comes to employment. This guy was acting in a way they considered bad pr and didn't provide anything to their company that outweighed the bad pr. (however it was likely unwise as capitulating to mobs just shows weakness)

It's a perfectly reasonable cost benefit analysis form their perspective, not some ideological desire to punish him for his actions.
>>
>>46106872
I'm honestly baffled by how far those cunts are taking this. They're basically down to saying "no you" back and forth. What happened, /tg/? You used to be better than that.
>>
File: normal person.jpg (200 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
normal person.jpg
200 KB, 1024x887
>>46106919
>>
>>46103946
If I was a comic guy it would probably really bother me, but for the most part it seems to have striven clear from my haunts, save perhaps any influence it may have had the creation of Age of Sigmar, but I believe that was mostly the result of being totally out of touch from GW rather than an actual trend.
>>
>>46106919
>/tg/
>better
/tg/ used to dump scat on threads that somehow offended them
>>
>>46106919
>>46106872
You're part of the problem for whining about whining desu senpai.
>>
>>46106951
Maybe we weren't around at the same time. /tg/ also used to somehow turn spam and troll threads into relevant discussions in the most surprising ways.
>>
>>46106934
I'm really glad the turbo neckbeards who seem to think SJW means person saying anything negative about my shitposting stay far from my chosen games.
>>
>>46106991
Everyone already knows that Apocalypse World, FATE and Savage Worlds are bad.
>>
>>46106981
We just have more people posting with mental problems these days.

>>46106889
>>46106934
>>46106919
People like this trying to be le ebin trolls. Or just fuming about nonsensical issues and SJW boogeymen.
>>
>>46106981
You're just forgetting about the thousands of shit threads that simply wallowed on the board until they topped out.
>>
>>46107020
Communist Bingo
>Everyone who disagrees with me is mentally ill
Check
>Every issue about me that gets brought up is a nonsensical boogeyman
Check
Let me guess, you were out feeling the Bern all week and got tired then decided to take a break on /tg/ to talk about Fiasco and saw a thread with your favorite Geek Podcast on it and then all these terrible people were harassing you?
>>
>>46107057
>Projecting so hard they can see you from the moon.
Can't stump the Trump 2016 buds.
>>
>>46107040
I don't know, I'm definitely prone to nostalgia, but the shit threads I remember were mostly people attacking each other's opinions in ways that more or less looked like debate, and the usual tripfag-bashing. Now it seems every other thread I see ends in people greentexting, throwing memes "ironically" all over the place and attacking everyone for no apparent reason. They're not even arguing about anything anymore, just trying to shout louder than everyone else. Is anyone here even looking to discuss traditional games anymore? Does this board still get things done like it used to boast about?
>>
>>46107213

If the Alexa rankings are anything to go by, 4chan is on a long decline, and what you're seeing is like the same five autists memeing at each other all day.
>>
>>46106960
>Hey guys this seems kind of stupid
>HAHA NOW YOU'RE PART OF THE PROBLEM

Jesus christ you people
>>
>>46107213
>Flare Posting.
>Elf Slave what do.
>etc.
You must have one short as fuck memory.

Wesley threads have been a thing for years as well, and they're always like this.
>>
>>46107014
>>
>>46107292
Well if SJWs start sperging out every time it's no wonder
>>
>>46106151
Who the fuck thought munchkin had depth?
>>
>>46107272
Cause bumping a thread to meta-cry about something is pretty productive right guy?

Jesus Christ you're a dildo.
>>
>>46103922
/thread
>>
>>46107243

Are you taking into account that we were at an all-time normie high after the fappening?
>>
>>46107272
>I'm allowed to shitpost but anyone else who shitposts is bad and I want the moderators to ban them
Pretty typical behavior for an armchair fascist tbqhwy (to be quite honest with you) fampire (family vampire)
>>
>>46104346
Making personal attacks in public is bad form, especially if
>Your name is attached
>It's archived for posterity
>You're in a position where you might be considered to represent a group of people
>Your complaints are unfounded and/or hypocritical
>Your target is cuter than you are

I mean, come on. This guy is every bit as bad as women that do stupid shit and then blame the results on sexism.

>inb4 I must be a white knight because I don't hate women and think men are infallible
>>
>>46107243
That's good to know, I've been wondering about attendance. Dead threads seem to get purged faster so I thought there might be more people around. On the other hand it seems to be mostly quest threads and a few system-specific generals nowadays, with the rest getting largely ignored. Shrinking diversity is generally not a good sign.

>>46107292
I haven't been on much these past few years. I remember elf threads but Flare and Wesley don't ring a bell. Elf threads obviously had no substance from the start so I never really read one. I'm sure they were shit, but you couldn't really go into one and expect something intelligent to begin with.
>>
>>46104346

Of course he got fired

> What's the litmus test for Felicia Day here?

What counts 'mattering'? Why would she matter any less than the dozens of others gaming related 'personalities'? Why aren't we asking what the fuck Kevin Pereira has done for the industry, etc?

Who is even making the case that she's important 'to the industry'? She mostly makes dumb nerdy internet tv. I don't like it, so I don't watch it. But plenty do.

And ffs, by the time he was making these tweets she'd co-founded Geek and Sundry, which is one of the biggest gaming networks on Youtube, so he's fucking flat out wrong, anyway.

> He's being an ass and unprofessional

Even ignoring that he has no case or reason to make these tweets, he's being a huge tool about it. He's being grossly unprofessional by calling someone out like this. Everything compounds when the whole thing ultimately is based off some grudge of his.

> He's fucking stupid enough to attack a woman in gaming without grounds

Dumb piece of shit - OBVIOUSLY feminists are going to circle the wagons on this one. It's picking a fight with someone who know is armed. What employer wants to be associated with someone this reckless, unprofessional and stupid?

It's important to take stand against cultural monopolies and all that other shit, but this isn't anything. This is some idiot having a big sook without anything to back it up, and then afterwards people are defending him saying 'SJWs did this!!' as if that means anything. Well no shit. Don't walk in a bear cave without reason, numbnuts.
>>
File: il_570xN.429864538_6wvn.jpg (71 KB, 428x571) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.429864538_6wvn.jpg
71 KB, 428x571
>>46103946
>"nerds are the new cool" trend
But they aren't. You're talking about being nu-nerds, those faggots/cunts who sidestepped the stigma and isolation while growing up and then decided they were nerds in adulthood and co-opted a hobby that seems niche and therefore appeals to their special-snowflake avant-garde hipsterism.

If you need tattoos, shirts, fashion and jumping on the newest fad to scream to the world that ERMAGERD I'M A NERD XD, you actually aren't.
>>
>>46107426

But when an SJW does it, it's "Punching upward", and they have a "Right to be forgotten"

When you descend to the law of mob rule, you create a stifling culture of fear.
>>
>>46107426
>people should be punished for things that they say
I know you think that, but you are wrong.
>>
>>46107432
>Flare and Wesley don't ring a bell.
>Flare doesn't ring a bell.
Get the fuck out you normie-newfaggot.

>Ree.
>>
>>46107446

This.

You can't just wear a "Nerd Uniform" and consume bastardized normie-centric media and call yourself a nerd.

Get to the nerd's level. And actually immerse yourself in the material. And obsess about it like we do. Then we'll talk.

But oh, I'm sorry, you can't do that, because that's "Accusing people of being fake nerds" and that's problematic.
>>
>>46106285
>It's a controversial topic but a legitimate one.

It's not, really, and it's a thread we have at the least every two months. It's basically always the same thing, and it always goes to bump limit.
>>
>>46107508
>Thoughts and discussions that I disagree with should be removed
I know you think that, but you are wrong.
>>
>>46107448
So you're friends with a bunch of feminazis because you don't want to punish them for the stupid shit they say by breaking off ties with them, right?

I know this all makes sense in your head, but it's not a logical line of reasoning.
>>
>>46107562

>regularly scheduled shitposting threads are full of "thoughts and discussions"

wew lad
>>
>>46103946
Literally the only thing I like that is "nerdy" that isn't being watered down to appeal to normies is fucking ASCII Roguelikes.
Huge loss
>>
>>46107579
Your extremist views make me hard.
>>
>>46107616
>Extremists are evil when they're not my brand of extremism
>They're so evil they even contaminate people I associate with them in my mind
Literally the definition of extremism.

Are we done with the buzzwords yet, senpai?
>>
>>46107477
>But oh, I'm sorry, you can't do that, because that's "Accusing people of being fake nerds" and that's problematic.

no, accusing people of being 'fake nerds' is lame.

Lame is the word you are looking for.

Like if it's important to you that you know more pointless garbage than other people then you need to reassess your life
>>
>>46107711
There's a difference between "I don't know every trivial factoid on every media title ever" and "LOL ZELDA IM SO NERDY U GUISE :DDD"
>>
File: 1345703906733.jpg (284 KB, 1161x869) Image search: [Google]
1345703906733.jpg
284 KB, 1161x869
>>46107708
Only if you're done labeling me and anyone else in this thread. I'm getting flaccid already anyway.
>>
>>46107711

>Like if it's important to you that you know more pointless garbage than other people then you need to reassess your life

You literally just described what nerds do, man.

It's not important, but it's certainly what I like, and I appreciate a community that has the same depth of interest.

That's what you don't understand. Fake nerds, normie posers, whatever. They don't care about depth, they just wanna consume some curated shit, get their TEE HEE IM SO QUIRKY badge, and move on, satisfied that they're like us now, but better.
>>
>>46107778
Why do you care?
>>
>>46106889
>le "I'm only pretending to be retarded!" epic maymay
Go back to fucking reddit shitlord fagface.
>>
>>46103045
Oh hey it's that guy that's in The Big Bang Theory sometimes

who is he?
>>
>>46107797
are you only semi-literate or did you just decide to ignore all the words in his post on purpose? he literally outlined why he cares. why do you care?
>>
>>46107797

Because I have deep interests, obviously.
>>
>>46107778
>gets mad that someone enjoys something he does but not as much
>>
>>46107778
Yeah man, nerds are lame. They're not hip, cool, or with it. They've no time to be with it, they have to determine the most efficient way someone could be with it, and by the time they've come close to developing a way to measure such a thing, they're doing something really ridiculous like trying to create a whole board game to see who is the most with it. Call it Happenin' Harv or something.
>>
>>46107579
>you must be as bigoted as I am because you pointed out that I'm a bigot!
Extremely saddening, but not unexpected
>>
>>46107961
>Swagopoly
That's a pretty good idea actually desu.
>>
>>46107945
>reframes the scenario into the tired old 'they don't enjoy it like you do' meme
no anon, cosplaying as a scientist doesn't actually make you one, regardless of how many 'LOOK AT ME I'M A SCIENTIST LOL' badges you're wearing.

it's the intellectual dishonesty people get mad about, not the fact that they're casuals.
>>
>>46107923
>>46107936

How much you like something shouldn't be affected by how much or how little other people like it. So really, why do you care? How is the fact that they don't get into your hobby quite as much as you impacting you in any real way?
>>
>>46108083
So what, theres some kind of quota or threshold people need to reach before they can call themselves a nerd?
>>
>>46108018
I'm a bigot because I believe in freedom of association? Please, explain why it's just and good that you or I should be tied to people we dislike because some third party might get offended.
>>
>>46108110
Because it's really hard to find others who enjoy things on the level you do?
>>
>>46108083

The intellectual dishonesty, and the absolute disgust all these people have coming into the hobby and its communities, running roughshod over everyone else to accomodate them, instead of acclimating to the community.
>>
>>46108110
>SJW shit: You should change your hobby because I don't like it now that I've joined it!
No.
>Cuck: How much you like something shouldn't be affected by how much or how little other people like it. So really, why do you care? How is the fact that they don't get into your hobby quite as much as you impacting you in any real way?
>>
>>46108135
>If you want to stop me from censoring every opinion I don't agree with you are the real bigot
I know you think that, but it isn't true.
>>
>>46108143
>>SJW shit: You should change your hobby because I don't like it now that I've joined it!
>No.

No is exactly the right answer here, which is also why

>How much you like something shouldn't be affected by how much or how little other people like it. So really, why do you care? How is the fact that they don't get into your hobby quite as much as you impacting you in any real way?

is also true. Again, how exactly are these people affecting you? Are they coming in and stealing your players? Because if they're not it should be no skin off your nose what they do, just play as usual.
>>
>>46108136
And stopping people from joining the hobby because they're not already "on that level" will help? What right did *you* have to get into traditional games when you did?
>>
>>46108191
>SJW shit: If you don't change your hobby you are a racist/sexist and I'm going to get you fired from your job being you support rape/slavery
No.

>Cuck: How much you like something shouldn't be affected by how much or how little other people like it. So really, why do you care? How is the fact that they don't get into your hobby quite as much as you impacting you in any real way?
>>
>>46108176
Who said anything about censorship? I never said his post should have been taken down. I just said that he was an idiot for posting it in the first place and should have weighed the potential gain against the obvious backlash.
>>
>>46108083
>comparison consumption of popular media to education
>>
>>46108197

I don't think you understand: Nerds are TOTALLY welcoming of people who are entry-level, and are really interested in helping people get deeper into the hobbies.

The problem is standoffish entry-level people who think that they're already hot shit because they're so cool and hip and with it, and get really mad when people who know more than them are given more respect.

Take for instance, Wil Wheaton, who doesn't even take the time to learn the rules of the board games he plays on his shows. He's just cranking shit out to make cash. He doesn't love the hobby. He shows outright contempt for actual hobbyists.
>>
>>46108197
Popular kid who never dealt with social struggle detected.
>>
>>46108224
I accept your defeat gracefully.
>>
>>46108229
Begging the department of hotpockets to remove every post you don't like is censorship, anon. I know you don't think it is, but you're wrong.
>>
>>46108268
>department of hotpockets
I just have to say, nice one
>>
>>46108268
I think your reading comprehension needs some work.
>>
>>46108237
He's a reviewer, that's what a reviewer does. How many times do you think the average vidya critic plays through a 20 hour campaign before writing a review.
>>
>>46108284
>help help someone dial 1337 and get the department of hotpockets on the phone there's a post here that I don't like it must be taken down immediately
>>
>>46108127
>I want to change definitions to suit my needs
>>
>>46108300
>>46108268
>That guy doesn't agree with me
>He must want my post taken down
You know there's a word for this, right?
>>
>>46108354
>pretending that you aren't slamming that report button constantly all day every day because some post had an opinion that you disagree with
At least you can't downvote me here, redditfam
>>
>>46108230
it was an analogy where someone with casual interests parades as something they're not. no one actually wears 'OMG I'M A SCIENTIST' badges either, in case you were wondering.
>>
>people who should be put to death general
>>
>>46108446
>these opinions I don't agree with are death worthy
>>
>>46103922
This, why the fuck was vin gasoline not the OP pic?
>>
>>46108463
Wil Wheaton should die for other reasons too.
>>
>>46108435
>Never met anyone with a bogus PHD who insists on being called doctor.
Try going outside sometime.
>>
>>46108394
>Implying the SJW mods wouldn't have sanitized this thread already if I had
>>
>>46108237
>I don't think you understand: Nerds are TOTALLY welcoming of people who are entry-level, and are really interested in helping people get deeper into the hobbies.
I'd like to believe you, but then you have people like the one right below you that seem to think you need some sort of justification for being part of the hobby.

>>46108248
>Popular kid who never dealt with social struggle detected.
Only half right. I was never popular, but I also didn't attend the kind of nightmarish highschools you see in movies. Other kids thought D&D was a nerdy thing to enjoy, but I never got wedgies because of it. I was shy and well-behaved and a teacher's pet, which made me uninteresting for most. One guy in particular harassed me because I smelled. But playing D&D? Never had any issues because of that.

And there's your problem. You're insinuating that I can't be a true geek/nerd/whatever because I've never felt miserable because of it. Believe it or not, I'm not trying to get cred for liking something that makes me a martyr. I genuinely enjoy traditional games and I play them with other people who enjoy them. That's all there is to it. I don't care about how other people interact with the hobby. They don't need my approval to pick up a board game. They don't have to play only the games I like.

I also don't care whether Wil Wheaton likes board games as much as he claims, because at the end of the day his show is entertaining (YMMV), he's making more people join the hobby and he's helped me discover modern board games when I was only into RPGs. I don't give a fuck if he secretly burns every game he plays after he's done with it.
>>
>>46107778
> satisfied that they're like us now, but better.

thing you have no evidence for is the behavior you use to exclude others when it's explicitly the behaviour you're defending.
>>
>>46108487
I meant a physical badge that literally says that. Though now that you mention it, those kinds of 'doctors' are exactly what these nu-nerd hipsters are.

They are like the dietitians in hospitals who walk around wearing a long white coat.
>>
>>46103816
>>46103842

It is real, and kinda recent. From a few weeks ago I think.
>>
>Muh... muh sekret club: the thread
>>
>>46108574
The comparison is still beyond extreme.

You're gatekeeping a hobby, not an academic or scientific practice. If you're talking qualifications, then I'd wonder if you're a qualified MTG judge or work for Wizards.
>>
>>46108646
>>46108682
>sjws still doing damage control
>>
>there's only 55 posters
>like 20-30 of them are just people popping in to call everyone out on their stupidity and to point out how this entire thing was b8 to start with
>this entire thread is like 10-20 far left and far right jaded people throwing mud back and forth

let the thread die m8s. salt the ground afterward
>>
>>46108805
BUILD WALL
U
I
L
D

W
A
L
L

Trump 2016
>>
>>46108840
Trump 2016: Make America White Again.
>>
>>46108805
>55 posters
>>
>>46108859
... you do know what the numbers in the bottom right mean?
right?

posts / images / posters / page
>>
>>46108874
>pretending you haven't been posting on your phone
>>
>>46108682
>gatekeeping a hobby
again, not my point. I don't care if people play games casually. Shit I'd probably say I play casually myself. My problem doesn't boil down to 'FUCKIN CASUALS' like you seem to be implying. It's just beyond stupid that some people associate being a casual board game hipster with 'nerd cred'.

as I said in >>46108083
>it's the intellectual dishonesty people get mad about, not the fact that they're casuals.

Going back to that analogy, you're basically implying that I have a problem with dietitians in general and you refuse to acknowledge the rest of the sentence.
>>
>>46108886
if i had been posting on my phone how'd i know there was 55 posters

are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>46108946
Because you've been posting on both your phone AND your computer.
>>
>>46108886
>>46108959
*on your 50 phones
>>
>>46108959
k...

and if I were it'd still say 55 posters because it'd still be going through my home router and ultimately acting through the same IP

are we done?
>>
>>46108540
You actually outlined what seems to be the common consensus of opinions of the non trolls in the thread. It all comes down to enjoyment of the Hobby, Recently (I at least) have seen an increasing amount of Poseurs who from social media think that being a nerd (goddamn i hate that word) will make them I hesitate to say cool, its for them something to say hey i do/did/am doing, this but take no enjoyment in the act
>>
>>46108991
>mobile service
>same router
Sure thing master shitposter, way to go using paid data to shitpost though
>>
>>46108991
>phoneposting using wifi
Oh dear, it looks like you're stupid.
>>
>>46108993
and often times these people in my experience anyway don't even like the hobby. and act really obnoxious about it.
>>
>>46109019
>>46109020
>wasting data for internet coolguy points
ISHYGDDT

honestly though. Why are you trying to defend this thread. it was b8 at the beginning, mudslinging later, and what seems to be ironic shitposting on your parts
>>
>>46108991
Damn that Hook went right through your cheek dinnit,
>>
>>46109059
Well I guess you're right better beg the hotpocket brigade to delete it because you don't like it
>>
>>46103045
I don't really pay attention to the mainstream. Why do people hate Wheaton so much?
>>
>>46109039
see that's a real problem with this phenomenon. hating them because of their need to trumpet their faux-nerdiness by doing things like hopping on bandwagons is just a superficial annoyance.

when some faggot actually uses the term 'microaggressions' unironically during a video about board games or removes part of a game's components because it's 'problematic', you know shit's heading south.
>>
>>46109175
Because he's an utter piece of shit in real life second only to the utter piece of shit he was on star trek
>>
>>46109119
here's your (You)

you know just as well as I do that this thread is trash. The longer we stay here the more dishonorable we become, we will all soon be forced to commit sudoku to restore hioshimoot's honor

no one wants that

no one
>>
>>46109254
>everything I don't like is trash
Pretty childish of you, anon, maybe you should grow up a little bit.
>>
File: 1444164652269.jpg (24 KB, 284x253) Image search: [Google]
1444164652269.jpg
24 KB, 284x253
>>46109278
im done being b8'd, its been fun, really, but I must go
>>
>>46109330
>grow me up
>can't grow up
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>46103946
I don't really care, because some of those "non-nerdy" people can become just as involved, if not more in the "hobby" as everyone else in this thread. Case in point, my best friend runs track for college, parties most weekends and regularly hooks up with women on tindr; he also has 4000 points of fully painted nids and 2000 points of fully painted Deldar. I'd rather more people be exposed to "nerdy" things and try them than pretend we're some kind of fringe subculture for the sake of "muh purity"
>>
>>46109456
go back to "tvtropes" please
>>
matt mercer got me into D&D, probably got alot of people into it as well with critical role

how does /tg/ feel about critical role? i guess since this is /tg/ you guys probably hate it but it's fun
>>
File: 1423384209971.jpg (307 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1423384209971.jpg
307 KB, 1280x960
>>46108268
>deleting a post is censorship
There's one more word that has no meaning, I guess.
>>
>>46109630
reddit please
>>
File: Bait_FIRST!.jpg (40 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Bait_FIRST!.jpg
40 KB, 250x250
>>46106890
>profiteers
>rights
>>46106551
>lies
>autism
>cheaters
>ignorance
>thieves
>corruption
>cash worship

I'm talking about what is, not what's ideal.
>>
>>46103045
"Oh no, that guy is popular! Let's hate him!"
Enjoy your basement loneliness.
>>
>>46103922
Vin is a total fa/tg/uy

and a genuinely nice person.
>>
>>46105964
>talk shit
>get fired
OH MUH GOD FEMINAZIS
>>
>>46106575
/po/ and SJWs are two sides of the same coin. You should not gaze on the either side to stay sane
>>
>>46104042
>>46103936

Kek dumb whore
>>
>>46111311
And the dumb cuck
>>
File: normal color hair.jpg (276 KB, 1280x1109) Image search: [Google]
normal color hair.jpg
276 KB, 1280x1109
>>46111175
>>
>>46111376
This was literally post I replied to.
Posting this again won't make this any better
>>
>>46111422
Why are you taking the bait so hard ? Are you 12yo ? Do you need to have the final word ? Just let it go familia. Internet arguments are not constructive. Deal with it senpai
>>
>>46111442
NO RETREAT
NO REMORSE
NO FEAR
>>
>>46103922
Riddickilous, but you're right.
>>
>>46111422
Only posting replies that are 100% accurate, sorry. Didn't have anything more than 100% accurate.
>>
>>46111422
>xe still thinks it's fooling anyone
>>
>>46109177
>posers IN MY GAMES. I DON"T THINK SO

Name 5 quality PnP games that have been ruined due to producers caving into 'SJW' pressures.
>>
>>46104260
>watching last witch hunter with buddy
>"lol 5 bucks says there's a cleric in the party"
>Gandalf with a giant cross leading the party

Shit acting
Fantastic setting
Ok movie
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 320x320
>>46104192

Vin Diesels Bday cake was the 3rd Ed PHB, DMG, MM.

I have more respect celebrity who genuinely is interested in the hobby but doesn't exploit it for personal gain/ turn it into a show.
>>
>>46111858
Well, I mean, Last Witch Hunter, wasn't it based on a game he was in? I guess that's not really comparable though.
>>
>>46111609
Fate
Tournament of Rapists
Fire Emblem Awakening
D&D 5e
nWoD
>>
>>46111879

How was 5e ruined by SJW? I thought it was ruined by throwing out everything they learned from 4e.
>>
I wish Rich Sommer still did his podcast.
>>46111858
Maybe that's why I don't like 3rd Ed. I didn't consume it in cake form.
>>
>ITT: babby's first troll on /tg/ succeeds
>>
"Nerds" as a "culture" is pretty fucking stupid because it's not actually a culture but instead marketing. It was always another niche to be exploited and they're just capitalizing on it and making a mockery of something that wasn't even a thing in the first place.

I played Warhammer when I was in middle school and I was never made fun of for it, but instead got my friends to play it too. We were in a pretty small magnet school so maybe that had something to do with it, but it's still true. I went to a regular high school and told a few people I played with on the football team about it and there were some jeers of "nerd" but it was all in good fun and no one really cared. I never obsessed over anything even though I was pretty into it and would hang out at a GW almost every day.

I think it's all in how you present yourself, honestly. All these shirts and shit that people wear with Avengers or old cartoons on it is pretty fucking stupid. The fake glasses. Fucking stupid. The obsession over the shitty, for everyone, movies that are being churned out like cheap fast food. Fucking stupid. Everything's fucking stupid and these retards are being good little consumerist faggots and eating it up like the five seventy year old men in suits predicted they would in a board meeting.

Fuck.
>>
>>46103045
>ITT overly specific thread topic which leaves little scope for any other choice.
>>
>>46103098
This
>>
>>46111976
>troll

That's not how you spell "bait" anon.
>>
>>46108574
you're thinking of nutritionist. Dietitian is a protected term and you can't call yourself one unless you have the medical degree to back it up
>>
>>46103045
You forgot "pic not related"
>>
>>46103816
it probably is real, just not from the real Patrick Stewart
>>
>>46107747
>that piece of bread crust
what
>>
>>46103045
Nice B8, but Wil "SJW Cuck" Wheaton is totally THAT GUY, and you'd never want him around your gaming table
>>
>>46103045
Wheaton is wrong. And bad. There should be a new, stronger word for Wheaton. Like badwrong, or badong. Yes, Wheaton is badong. From this moment, I will stand for the opposite of Wheaton: gnodab.
>>
>>46112736
>>46108622
Context is everything

https://twitter.com/sirpatstew/status/351533474349461504?lang=en
>>
>>46104099
Funny thing about Felicia Day, there's a card of her in the Deck Building game Smash-Up that brings all the minions on the board to the zone that she's played in.
So essentially her in-game power is being an attention whore.
>>
>>46113635
Stream it.
>>
>>46113923
>>
File: 5364246971_be3a89c308.jpg (126 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
5364246971_be3a89c308.jpg
126 KB, 500x334
>>46107912

A guy with a hot wife and alpha sons
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.