[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you construct a Mutant-proof prison?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 800x600
How would you construct a Mutant-proof prison?
>>
Sedation. Lots and lots of sedation.
>>
File: DOTS.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DOTS.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>46075007
When it stops being true.
>>
>>46075007
Don't let anyone inside reproduce.
>>
Why do the mutants want to smash their way into my prison?
>>
>>46075007
Something about stasis field and stopping time.
>>
>>46075007
You kill them and burn the remains
>>
File: duty.jpg (110 KB, 450x545) Image search: [Google]
duty.jpg
110 KB, 450x545
>>46075007
By shooting them on sight.
>>
>>46075007
The same way you construct a human-proof prison.

Oh, you meant the X-Men type of mutant?
>>
>>46075566
And interdimensional portals.
>>
File: grrl power 363.jpg (250 KB, 643x1000) Image search: [Google]
grrl power 363.jpg
250 KB, 643x1000
>>46075007
>>
Glass prison for any telekinetic a with limits on their target material. Solid steel box for those without limits. In fact, solid steel boxes for most of them. Pressurized cells for those with teleporting or desolidification powers. Madeupcomicbookmetal#103 for shackles on the super strength dudes. Regular cells for those with useless mutant powers. If anything is too unique you may have to go for the execution approach or making specialized cells.
>>
>>46075925
Why not put them into a space station? Shuttles going up only have enough fuel to get into orbit.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 265x186) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 265x186
bam.
>>
>>46076094
Because mutants still have right of due process and the American constitution says "No cruel or unusual punishment". Shoving someone who can lift rocks with their mind on a spaceship to be launched into space on a death ship with no hope of survival is both Cruel and Unusual.
>>
>>46076224
What if they're not from the USA? What if they're not in the USA? You could always sedate them, stick them on a plane, and fly them out to some launch facility in the middle of Russia somewhere.
>>
>>46076224
People have rights. People are humans.

Mutants are neither.
>>
>>46075007
Don't tell them it's a prison.
>>
>>46076426
Same argument could be made against people of different races.
>>
>>46076986
>People are humans
>Same argument could be made against people of different races.
>people of different races
>people
>>
>>46076224
He didn't explicitly say that the mutants would die in the prison, just that they'd be kept there.

In any case, I think that the unusual nature of the punishment/location matches the unusual circumstances of the situation. We already discriminate prisoners by violence and sex, and neither of those differences in incarnation are particularly cruel or unusual. By putting a super-strong asshole on a space station, it negates the power of their strength, allowing them to be properly incarcerated, just as the isolation ward is meant for violent prisoners.
>>
distillation
>>
>>46075007
It kills the mutant as soon as it's thrown inside
>>
>>46075007
Have everyone sit around that one mutant who inevitably has the power to negate powers.
>>
>>46075774
That's actually pretty good. It would never fly with taxpayers if they knew how coddled the most dangerous criminals were (even Scandinavian cucks would draw the line at on-demand Doritos and weed), but treating them well so that they're disinclined to break out, while giving them plenty of distractions, seems smart.

Wouldn't really help against the megalomaniacal supergeniuses, but for the run-of-the-mill thugs it's alright.
>>
>>46075007
You just need a normal prison that removes their mutant powers. It is pure nonsensical handwaving bullshit but that is normal for comic books.
>>
>>46077805

It is worth mentioning that in-story, the weed and doritos guy's power set is all about aggression and getting power from violence.
>>
>>46077892
But that means it's boring from a reader's perspective since they literally CANT break out eventually, because a mutant proof jail is also probably human proof
>>
>>46075007
Death
>>
Just throw them into the phantom zone. That always worked welll enough.
>>
>>46075621
>>46075733
>>46077546
>>46079070
>Killing people
>Who are important enough that the government WANTS to keep them alive in prison.
Who knows. Maybe there's a mutant whose power is "shoot laser eye beams" and "Explode with the force of s 10 megaton bomb upon abrupt death"
>>
>>46075007
Combination of cryogenic freezing and chemical sedatives.

For prisoners that need to be kept aware or are resistant to one or both, then you'd need to create specialized pressurized/underwater/etc. containments (like >>46075774) for each power group, modifiable as needed.
>>
>>46076426
Mutants aren't genetically distinct enough from humans to be a different species. They're like what, one gene in difference on average? That's like saying dogs are all a different species, it's retarded.
>>
>>46081087
Yeah. Males and females are different in one chromosome, does that mean they're different species?
>>
>>46075007
Pith them, and vivisect to figure out where their powers come from/how to harness them via electrical impulse rather than a living will.
>Progress requires experimentation.
>>
File: 1428405393502.jpg (65 KB, 383x397) Image search: [Google]
1428405393502.jpg
65 KB, 383x397
>>46081087
>>46082157
Humans and apes aren't that different genetically either. A bit less body hair, a bit straighter back, a slightly different brain makeup...

At some point, you accept that the capabilities of the mutants (not to mention the physical differences like blue skin or superdense muscles and bones) put them in a different category of being, with different rules for treatment. Killing them is less than ideal, but so is putting down a rabid gorilla; after the third time a fight between two gorillas leveled New York, you might think differently about the necessity.
>>
>>46082568
To be fair we don't see humans birthing gorillas (stay away /pol/).
>>
>Tol'rauko captives that have successfully fleed
Many
>Inquisition captives that have successfully fleed

Death is the best prison.
>>
>>46082949
>Incquisition captives that revealed information before death
Minimal
>United states prisoners that revealed information before death
Most
>>
File: Attosecond.jpg (33 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
Attosecond.jpg
33 KB, 500x493
>>46082757
Yeah, but imagine if we did. Would those children be classified as humans, or apes? Clearly they can't go through regular human society, they're not meant for 14 years of school, standardized tests on the thematic imagery in Othello, and a driver's license. You can try to teach them, and socialize them to an extent wild apes never reach, but they're just fundamentally not human in every way but the vagina they came out of.
>>
>>46075007
Wasn't there one kid who prevented other powers from working?
>>
>>46083091
Except they are human in every single way, except they have MORE to offer to society than a normal human. It's like if hitler's perfect Aryan race was actually true.
>>
>>46083119
He got killed in the comics by a mutant rights activist.
>>
>>46083135
More, like the ability to suck the life out of you with a touch, or to tear up a city when they get angry and unleash an unkillable rage monster, or just tear down a skyscraper when their glasses slip and punches from the punch dimension rip through the foundations.

And that's just the physical dangers of mutants. No telling how these powers have effected their minds, especially ones with powers like pheromone release that have certainly altered their brain chemistry.

I'm not saying we drown all mutant babies at birth, but that they are clearly a separate species which needs distinct treatment under the law. They might help, they might hinder, but either way they do so in ways that do not fit human society because they are not human.
>>
>>46083281
Nah. Most mutants are relatively harmless, no more dangerous than a kid with unusual ears (extra hearing) or someone who can project memories from their eyes like a movie theatre. Not all mutants are rampaging beasts, most are low power and mostly harmless.
>>
File: 1426644777836.jpg (993 KB, 3195x3037) Image search: [Google]
1426644777836.jpg
993 KB, 3195x3037
>>46083334
You're missing my point. There are two species, humans and mutants. Humans are capable of X. Mutants have a different genetic code that makes them capable of XYZ. With this in mind, mutants cannot be treated equally under the law designed for humans. Therefore, they require a separately designed law that protects both humans and mutants. They are, in a word, Inhuman.
>>
>>46083438
No, mutants are mutant humans. Two humans can have a mutant child and two mutants can have a human child. Humans and Inhumans are different species, but have the same species complex.
>>
>>46075007
Execution.
>>
>>46083438
So what you're saying is that mutants don't deserve any constitutional rights and should be rounded up and summarily excecuted like the "impure" races in WW2 Germany?
>>
>>46083665
Don't be silly, they'll by hunted down and killed by robots ranging between 40 and 100 feet tall whose sole tactic is swarming them in densely populated areas, tearing open buildings, and using direct energy weapons.
>>
File: A-Aha-Ahaha.gif (214 KB, 500x240) Image search: [Google]
A-Aha-Ahaha.gif
214 KB, 500x240
>>46083665
No, fucking hell learn to read a thread before posting, you'll see >>46083281

>>46083627
Now we're getting into a circular argument about classification. You're drawing on the X-Men, if I understand correctly, but I'm speaking broadly about creatures that are similar to humans but have distinctly non-human abilities. What I'm saying is that to deal with mutants we need laws that acknowledge their inhuman nature and abilities, and treat them accordingly.
>>
>>46083862
Such as limiting all rights and liberties to the point of having them all in internment camps?
>>
>>46083438
>Humans are capable of X.
Are all of them capable of X? Can you take a random person off the street and make them run a marathon and write a symphony and get world-class results in both cases?
I don't see how you can define that, short of detecting a single gene that's basically magic like in the Marvel universe. Isn't every living thing a product of mutation?
>>
>>46077805
Weed and Doritos guy is fueled by violence.
*all* violence. Even minor disagreements with no physical conflict, merely a terse exchange of opposing opinions, can buff him.

God forbid he actually attacks someone or some thing, because that creates a feedback loop where he causes violence, gets a charge, causing *more* violence, bigger charge, repeat until he's got the resident strongest super Maxima (gold girl) in a one handed chokehold being electrocuted continuously and smashed into an ever expanding crater, using his newly grown magic-crystal-rock arm.

Oh, one of his powers *is* to make other people want to commit violence. He's a mind controller who pushed all these morally grey and unknown Supers into fighting the government run super SWAT team while they were at a post press conference dinner.

So weed, vidya, and Doritos is probably the only humans way they can keep him that won't buff him.

Of course, burning out his memory is probably not going to last forever, but they do what they can.
>>
>>46083902
Not all of them, no. But as >>46083943 and >>46078247 point out, there are many mutants who simply cannot exist in society. That guy goes to his happy little cell, as does every other mutant unfit for society. It's not his fault that he's this way, but it's still not good for either him or anyone else for him to go walking down the street.
>>
>>46075007
YOU GET A MUTANT PRISON

JESUS FUCK PEOPLE IT'S NOT THAT HARD

KEEP MAKING THEM UNTIL ONE MUTATES

BOOM, PRISON IS MUTANT, MUTANT PRISON FOR MUTANT INMATES
>>
Are we talking x-men?

Some sort of material that blocks mutant powers
>>
>>46083862
>but have distinctly non-human abilities

Fairly irrelevant. Legally speaking there is nothing wrong with unique imprisonment circumstances when they're called for. Cruel and unusual would be something like the first prisoner shown here >>46075774 in that lethal force will automatically be used against her.

Not that it'd do anything good, if she uses portals then all she has to do is open a really small one and the room can't depressurize fast enough to kill her.
>>
>>46084000
Best solution is to just give all mutants chushy government jobs that involve no work for a large paycheck. Helps keep tabs on them and all they have to do is not wreck everything with mutant powers in return.
>>
>>46084116
Go to bed, Grant, you're drunk. Maybe someone else will turn your idea in a good but short lived comic.
>>
>>46075388
>mutant-proof
>hurrdurrwhatsettingimnotgoingtoprovideaninterestingresponsejustpostthesameoldshitthataddsnothingandjustattemptstogetmeoutofadiscussionididntneedtobeapartofinthefirstplace
Marvel universe you retard
wolverine, magneto, rogue, cyclops and all those cunts
>>
>>46084218
I assumed that Vehemence is also in a pressurized cell, he's just adapted to the circumstances.
>>
>>46084248
NO! I'M NOT NEARLY DRUNK ENOUGH

I CAN STILL TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE CLOVER ON MY MUG AND THE ONE YOTSUBA IS HOLDING ON THE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE

SO MUTATE THE DAMN PRISONS, AND PUT THE MUTANTS IN THERE!
>>
>>46084321
>implying the concept of mutation has never been mentioned outside of Marvel
I know Stan Lee has a history of taking credit for other people's ideas, but mutation is a scientific fact, it exists in most real-world-but-X settings.
>>
>>46084545
Yes, but I doubt OP is asking how to store albinos. You could've at least come up with an answer for some kind of mutant or not posted at all, but instead you parroted an answer equivalent to "yeah, this isn't working for me either" that isn't funny, interesting or helpful.
>>
>>46084599
Well I'm not sorry I can't read OP's mind through the internet. He shouldn't ask half a question if he wants a helpful answer.
>>
>>46084705
I can't read his mind either, but I do have my own and I can make assumptions necessary to provide a response that is at the very least interesting, or I can not post at all.
If I were eating dinner with you and I asked "Where is the salt" you wouldn't say "in relation to what" you would assume that I'm asking for it in relation to other things on the table and say "next to the peas".
>>
>>46084782
It's almost as if there isn't a ttrpg called Mutants and Masterminds.
>>
>>46084808
Which follows a very similar idea to the mutants of the Marvel universe. You could've at least responded in relation to that TTRPG, but instead you shitposted.
>>
>>46084826
God forbid someone desires clarification.
>>
>>46084898
God forbid someone provides an interesting answer. "Depends on the setting" isn't even a request for clarification it's "your question did not satisfy me, I cannot think for myself".
>>
>>46075007
Shoot them in the fucking head/heads and throw the corpse in a goddamn pit. Boom, anything-proof prison.
>>
>>46075007
Special built cells for each prisoner, preferably kept in solitary confinement, especially in the case of mutants like Rogue and Mystique. I'm not sure what you could use to counter telepaths, but keeping them away from guards would probably be important if you don't have a better solution.
>>
File: 1449270076379.jpg (94 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1449270076379.jpg
94 KB, 640x464
>>46084962
I like your thinking.

We need to keep our genes pure.
>>
>>46084962
>wolverine regenerates from the shot to the head and uses his bone claws to climb out of the pit
you need to cement the fuckers
>>
>>46084321
Mutants and Masterminds
Trinity / WoD
Warhammer/40k
Any post-apoc setting really
There's shit tonnes of 'mutants' spread across hundreds of settings and rulebooks, how anyone could assume that Marvel and only Marvel mutants come to mind - especially when /tg/ is chock full of 40k - is a marvel in and of itself.
>>
>>46075007
high pressure facility. If someone is stupid enough to teleport out or open a door and they'll understand why divers need multiple hours to depressurize. Also lobotomy, sedation, implanted bombs depending on physiology and legal framework.
>>
>>46085017

telepaths? Robot guards and implanted bombs. If the bomb doesn't receive a signal from the prison mainframe = dead prisoner.
>>
>>46085309
Pretty sure one of them will eat the cement.
>>
>>46075007

Cybernetic implants to stop their powers, and humane treatment. Also, will-numbing drugs in the food and water.
>>
>>46084218
Here's how that would go down for her.
>She tries to de pressurize the cell
>The censor keeping tabs on the air pressure goes off
>Kncokout drugs get vented in so she doesn't accidentally kill herself
>Air pressure gets increased back to previous levels
>Repeat ad naseum
>>
>>46075007
Virtual reality, with the simulation simulating that they got out of prison, but they never left.
>>
>>46088738
You could also use whatever the fuck Magneto uses.
>>46089752
>the prison guards are just a team of programmers making more and more layers of simulation, naturally getting more complex as technology gets better and the programmers get more skilled
>>
>>46075537
Fuck I'm tired and that got me
>>
>>46075774
>meditate for like two months
>focus on a geological location with a body of water
>focus on X feet deep, where X is the same psi as the room
would this work?
>portal out of there
>>
>>46089864
and their vr lives are super dramatic, too.
does this explain the silver age?
>>
With mutant-proof walls and bars of course. Silky question
>>
>>46089902
Except she doesn't have supernatural senses. Can YOU focus on a place you haven't been to in two months with the exact depth and pressure equal tithe unknown pressure you're experiencing in the pressurized cell?
>>
>>46075007
>Sedate them
>Murder them
Say they went to mutant prison in another dimension
>>
Yeah. Mutants have a right to try and kill all the humans if this thread is any indication of how they'd be treated in society.
>Hey I have the ability to glow like a lightbulb in the dark
>FUCKING DIE YOU PRICK
>>
>>46075007
Lobotomy
>>
>>46075007
/tg/ how?
Also, give them a laptop open on tv-tropes.
>>
Just do the boat prison from that one movie about the guy who escaped from prisons for a living.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.