[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Ork Deathstar over Terra >Mechanicum is planning to literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: 325111.jpg (302 KB, 1400x2122) Image search: [Google]
325111.jpg
302 KB, 1400x2122
>Ork Deathstar over Terra
>Mechanicum is planning to literally teleport Mars out of the Sol System with Necron tech salvaged from the Noctis Labyrinth
>With the Guard/Navy/Mahreens too bogged down elsewhere or destroyed, the Imperium mobilizes a giant Proletarian Crusade where they give civilians lasguns, load them up onto merchant ships, and send them at the deathstar
>Imperium gets BTFO'd
>Orks send down...ambassadors to Terra
>The Beast's Orks are now hyper-evolving at a fast rate and are literally breeding new classes of sub-species.
>Ork ambassadors manage to get a meeting with the high lords thanks to the cooperation of Grand Master of Assassins Vangorich and the fact that the guards are in such disbelief nobody shoots at them
>Ork Ambassador demands the unconditional surrender of the Imperium to the High Lords. Speaks perfect gothic but still talks very brutally. "Surrender or we're gonna gut ya"
>High Lords don't know what to say and are just brought into silence. A few demand the Orks killed but nobody follows the order
>Not even Grand Master Vangorich knows what to say
>Ork ambassador gets disgusted by cowardly panicking humans and leaves
>Eldar arrive over the Imperial palace

I don't even know what to say
>>
>>46026923
>The las did nothing against its armour. It turned, but then there were hands pulling her and Sever out of its path, and a storm surge of Crusaders, brandishing bayonets, crashed into the monster. It roared at them, smashed heads to pulp with its hammer, but they kept coming in endless, desperate frenzy. There were so many, they climbed over each other as they struck at the ork. Haas made it to her feet. Sever was already up, exhorting the civilians who streamed by on either side, buffeting him in their rush. She witnessed the impossible: an ork submerged by the human tide.

>Dozens of Crusaders died. But they trampled the ork to death.

>A group of orks came back hard, avenging their leader, and the greenskin formation was diluted still further. More platoons of Imperial Guard closed in. They turned heavy weapons on the orks. Rockets and flamers exterminated unlucky humans as well, but there were fewer greenskins, and always more humans.

>We’re fighting like them, Haas realised, and that part of her mind that could still think critically was horrified that the children of the Emperor had reached this state. The rest of her met savagery with savagery, and she rejoiced to see the enemy’s advance slowed, then stopped.

BOSS. BOSS!

There iz too many zogging humies. There is coming outta of the walls! Dats just ain't right, dat is.
>>
>>46026923
>>46026959

Is this real? This can't be real. Fuck you, you're lying. You have to be lying.
>>
are they age of sigmaring 40k?
>>
>>46026923

‘Enough, then,’ Veritus said. ‘Bear witness, Father of Mankind,’ he called out. ‘I have tried. But they leave me no choice.’ He stepped down from the dais. In his power armour, he was almost as wide as Bezhrak’s attendants. He brushed past the orks and began the long walk out of the Great Chamber.

Vangorich watched him go. When he dropped his eyes from Veritus’ retreating figure, he met Bezhrak’s gaze. There he saw something that chilled him even more than the ork’s use of Gothic: contempt. The two smaller orks were amused. They were grinning their disdain for the shrieking puppets on the dais. Bezhrak wasn’t smiling. Vangorich didn’t trust his ability to read ork physiognomy. He didn’t want to trust it. He wanted to be wrong. Because Bezhrak’s contempt appeared to be mixed with pity, and if that were true, what then?

What then?

Bezhrak raised his staff and brought it down against the marble floor. The reverberation was the toll of war. It brought a momentary silence to the dais. The High Lords faced the reality of their disgusted foe.

‘Useless,’ Bezhrak said. ‘Worse than snotlings.’ He looked at his fellows. ‘No reasoning with humans. Break ’em, kill ’em, eat ’em. That’s good. Don’t try to make ’em think. Can’t be done.’ He shrugged. He turned back to the High Lords. ‘Want to die, then? Last chance.’
>>
>>46027070
>ork sales have declined in the past decade
>people seem to be flocking to other factions and turnover rates are skyrocketed
>decide to revamp orks
>See that other then admec and SM, Imperial factions sell pretty low
>Have orks take over imperium to allow Ork players to run Imperial units
>write in fluff where Imperium gets absorbed into ork faction
>>
>>46027092
Orks saying that humans cannot be bargained and reasoned with? That's rich.
>>
>WAT A TWEEST
literally the entire series
>>
>>46026923
>>46026959
>>46027092
I don't even now whats going on anymore.
>>
>>46027092
>The Twelve said nothing. Vangorich opened his mouth, and found he also had nothing to say. He had almost responded to an impulse to save face before the orks, and acting on that impulse would have been its own shame. And Udo was right, in his idiot blathering. There would be no surrender. There could be no negotiation. Before the ork that spoke, there could be no words.

>Bezhrak gave him a long look, then nodded. ‘So die,’ he said. He brought the staff down again with a slam of judgement. He stood still and quiet, the fearsome focus of the Great Chamber.

>Vangorich stared at the beast who had come to the heart of the Imperium and been repelled by the animals there. An ork had become the figure of dignity and, worse still, of majesty in humanity’s parliament. With all honour dead, how was it possible that the ground did not open up and swallow the Palace?

This is how the HFY crumbles.
>>
What the actual fuck is going on
>>
>>46027266
A glitch in the ork protocols. It was expected someday it could fuck up after several hundred million years.
T.Old Ones
>>
File: 1454745749382.gif (89 KB, 260x178) Image search: [Google]
1454745749382.gif
89 KB, 260x178
>>46026923
>What are custodians
>What are greyknights
>What are adeptis Titanica
>What is the inquisition
>WHAT IZ DA EMPRA
>>
This is an elaborate joke, right?
>>
>>46027266
Orks are besieging Terra and demanding humanity to surrender to the Orks and handover the keys to the galaxy.

THEN SUDDENLY ELDAR. ELDAR EVERYWHERE!
>>
Guys, guys. The story is set during M32. It literally can't be an end times scenario.
>>
>>46027308
We know, anon.

But it's funny to see the Imperium BTFO like this.
>>
Why the fuck does every faction need to have a "We gave imperials bad touch at home"
>>
>>46027336

This is before the Imperium became the militarized state we know of from 40k. The Imperium is largely demilitarized, there's less then 100 Marine Chapters around. They were not prepared for a war on this magnitude.
>>
>>46027308

That's a relief but it still doesn't make everything else about this not retarded.
>>
File: Tau.jpg (56 KB, 388x429) Image search: [Google]
Tau.jpg
56 KB, 388x429
>>46027348
A Tau Terra invasion....soon.
>>
The Orks are also attacking traitor forces at the Eye of Terror. No one is safe.
>>
>>46027436
So this was the ork golden age of beating down everybody's shit?
>>
>>46027449
Pretty much. Enjoy it while it lasts, Orkfags.
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 352x482) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 352x482
>>46026923
>>46027092
>>46027182
This is a joke right?
>>
I'm an Ork player and this is complete bullshit.
>>
Has The Beast actually appeared yet?

Also, where the fuck is Dorn in all this?
>>
>>46027474
Why?
>>
File: VRjd4on.png (265 KB, 450x375) Image search: [Google]
VRjd4on.png
265 KB, 450x375
This is somewhat consistent in older fluff, fyi.

If you recall Ork mercenaries are a thing that can even be employed by humans, and during the 2nd Armageddon war the corrupt governor had literal Ork enforcers who ran a puppet state for him

Orks demanding the surrender of a world given these behaviors isn't totally outrageous. It's just crazy in newer "Orks are 24/7 mindless carnage machines" fluff
>>
>>46027488
>Also, where the fuck is Dorn in all this?

Dead.

Only Vulkan is supposedly alive.
>>
>>46027499
Wait, when did Dorn die? I thought he fought against The Beast and then died soon after.
>>
>>46027491
The implication is that Ork is a new class of Ork. An ambassador Ork.
>>
>>46027491
I'm just calling bullshit on Holy Terra not becoming a Horus Heresy level battleground the moment the Ork Star appeared.
>>
>>46027527
An Ambassadork?
>>
>>46027525
his death was retconned long ago to his hand being found during one of the early Black Crusades
>>
>>46027525
He died/went missing attacking a traitor fleet in 31K.

The Beast Waagh! happens in 32K.
>>
>>46027413

That's been described already.

>For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across—which happened to be the Earth—where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog.
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18 KB, 300x280) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18 KB, 300x280
This is a joke right?
>>
>>46026923
>With the Guard/Navy/Mahreens too bogged down elsewhere or destroyed, the Imperium mobilizes a giant Proletarian Crusade where they give civilians lasguns, load them up onto merchant ships, and send them at the deathstar
hold up, hold up. The whole 'Last Wall Protocol' that the IF successors have been talking about enacting doesn't even happen in the book named Last Wall?
>>
>>46027182
>WE WERE TEH BAD GUYS ALL ALONG

This is horrible. Especially since, as we all know, the Orks go back to being uncivilized barbarians as soon as the Beast is repelled.

Honestly, the fact that the Ork named THE BEAST is actually sending out diplomats seems crazy.
>>
>>46027539
In the HH the loyalists had 14 years of preparation under competent leadership (Dorn/Malcador)

Here, the Orks appeared very suddenly and most of the Imperial Navy was bogged down elsewhere. Political infighting among the high lords prevented any kind of fortification of terra
>>
>>46027586
>The whole 'Last Wall Protocol' that the IF successors have been talking about enacting doesn't even happen in the book named Last Wall?

No, the Imperial Fists successors are debating on how gets to lead or if they should go to Terra or persecute the war on another front.

SUDDENLY IRON WARRIORS
>>
>>46027546
kek

you're alight anon
>>
>>46027590
>THE BEAST

That's the Imperial name for him.
>>
>>46027597
This actually provides a fair bit of backstory for the Beheading.
The Master of Assassins realizing that the idiots in charge are too incompetent to lead, but politics will not allow them to actually be replaced.
>>
>>46027597
>Here, the Orks appeared very suddenly and most of the Imperial Navy was bogged down elsewhere. Political infighting among the high lords prevented any kind of fortification of terra

Yeah, the High Lords screwed over the Imperium across the four books.
>>
>>46027571
and Guilliman?
is he still kicking?

for that matter aren't the IF supposed to be stationed at Terra? i know the IF are notoriously incompetent and suicidal but at this scale i think they'd say something
>>
>>46027632
>and Guilliman?

In stasis.

>for that matter aren't the IF supposed to be stationed at Terra? i know the IF are notoriously incompetent and suicidal but at this scale i think they'd say something

They dead too, except for one guy.
>>
>>46026959
I actually like that. Sorry, but thats the humanity fuck yeah i like
>>
>>46027619
Not like we know his Orky name. And it only makes it more mad, because it add to the whole 'YOU ARE THE SAVAGES HUMANS, YOOOOU' thing this seems to be going for.
>>
>>46027182
how is Vangorich portrayed in all this?

scheming opportunist?
or something else
>>
>>46027657

Only sane man.
>>
>>46027640
>>and Guilliman?
>In stasis.
fair enough. who was the last loyalist primarch alive in the imperium anyway?

>They dead too, except for one guy.
classic IF. truly making Dorn proud
but when did that happen? how do you even recover from that.
>>
>>46027652
I'm actually liking the whole idea of a comparison between humans and orks. This is 40k, we know that humanity does terrible shit to stay alive, so some kind of comparison is alright by me.

The heavy-handedness and sheer lack of subtlety is irritating though.
>>
>>46027660
sounds dope.

i like the idea that this whole Beast thing is what spurs him to take control since according to him at least he's the only person competent enough to run the place.
>>
>>46027668
>fair enough. who was the last loyalist primarch alive in the imperium anyway?

Already mentioned him.

Vulkan.

He will appear in series.

>but when did that happen?

First book.

>how do you even recover from that.

Unknown.

People speculate that the Fist Exemplar chapter will become the new Imperial Fists.
>>
>>46027698
last question.

this sounds interesting.
is this series any good?

the HH series lost me around deliverance lost
>>
File: 5-6.png (728 KB, 1213x697) Image search: [Google]
5-6.png
728 KB, 1213x697
Book 5:

ELDAR ATTACK TERRA

Book 6 :

Imperials ally with Chaos traitors against the Orks
>>
>>46027717
>is this series any good?

I find it entertaining. If like the Imperium and its fluff, then it's for you.
>>
>>46027673
I would enjoy it more if it was, say, Eldar and humans. Or maybe even Necrons and humans - it's not like they've never compared the glory and dignity of the older races to humanity before. It's really already been done with the Tau and humans - maybe with some undertones that Tau stuff might just be propaganda, but the differences are there.

But doing that with the Orks and humans seems just wrong. Orks are capable of reason and logic, sure, but they're almost entirely devoted to war and fighting. They barely have any concept of mercy or compassion as a species and usually simply live their lives to the orky fullest, where even in the grimdarkest 40k, humans are able to show kindness to others and focus on more beyond what they immediately want out of life.
>>
What the fuck? Does this mean that the Orks Stared the pinnacle of their existence in the face? Does this mean that the Orks aren't really trying?
>>46027730
................are they dark eldar?
>>
>>46027539
>Ork Star
>not the Deff Star

Literally, one job.
>>
Shouldn't Russ be alive at this point?

Anyway, I'm not even sure with what bullshit deus-ex-machina they gonna end this series. What gonna beat entire ork army besieging Terra, and what will suddenly make suddenly-intelligent orks to go stupid again? Damn.
>>
File: 7-8.png (688 KB, 1213x665) Image search: [Google]
7-8.png
688 KB, 1213x665
>>46027730
Book 7 :

We must find Vulkan!

Book 8 :

The Ork homeworld is finally revealed, the horrid pit that spawned their barbaric race. If we destroy that, then it will be over. CHARGE!
>>
>>46027739
Why would they have to be?

From the Eldar point of view, it'd probably be better for them if the humans lost control of the galaxy. It'd allow them to more easily reclaim it from the Orks, who of course are far more primitive than they are.

Book 6, however, concerns me. Since Chaos is obviously going to be included in it, are the Fists Exemplar going to make an alliance with the forces of Chaos?
>>
>>46027765
Orks just leave
>what will suddenly make suddenly-intelligent orks to go stupid again
Liberal application of Choppa to the head.
>>
File: 9.png (346 KB, 599x637) Image search: [Google]
9.png
346 KB, 599x637
>>46027778
Book 9 :

The Deathwatch is born.
>>
>>46027787
Because it just seems to stupid for a craftworlder to do. And its not like the Eldar didn't have a couple thousand years before the Emperor even left Terra to wipe out Orks.
>>
Orks invade Terra and the Imperial Palace in weeks, what Horus tried to do for a decade.

So much for "best defended world in the imperium"

gg BL, kys
>>
File: 1438304404706.jpg (82 KB, 635x700) Image search: [Google]
1438304404706.jpg
82 KB, 635x700
>>46027778
>The Hunt for Vulkan

A bit heavy-handed, but I do appreciate the idea of primarchs doing something in 40k. Though the fact that the Imperium apparently can't unite without a long-lost superhuman is a bit silly, since there are still Space Marines and shit. Honestly, when the Imperium of M42 is better than the Imperium of M32, you know shit is fucked up.

>The Beast Must Die
Eeeeeeh, Ork homeworld. I know there was some old fluff back in the day that hinted they had a homeworld, but damn, this sounds like a stupid way to explain how they might actually win. Don't fight the Ork armies, don't destroy their massive war machines, just take a planet that they came from...which will stop them for some reason?
>>
>>46027816

Wait, the moon above Terra is STILL THERE?
>>
>>46027816
>Attack Moon
>Not >>46027740
ONE JOB BLACK LIBRARY
>>
>>46027849
It's the Imperial name for it.
>>
>>46027816
A bit bullshitty, but I guess making that the explanation for the Deathwatch is as much sense as them randomly deciding they need one. And it might explain why they chose to focus on kill-teams from different chapters instead of making a new one just for the Deathwatch.

>>46027833
Why wouldn't it be? It had awesome gene-labs and naval facilities. The latter was destroyed during the Horus Heresy, but they got built back up again so they could be the headquarters of Battlefleet Sol.
>>
>>46027829
Considering this whole series is about an ork resurgence after getting the beatdown in the Great Crusade, the fall of their homeworld is probably like killing their warlord, disbanding them and collapsing whatever organization they have.
>>
>>46027862

Not the actual moon, I mean the Ork Attack Moon. You would have thought that over the preceding 5 books they'd have taken it out somehow.
>>
>>46027862
>Why wouldn't it be? It had awesome gene-labs and naval facilities. The latter was destroyed during the Horus Heresy, but they got built back up again so they could be the headquarters of Battlefleet Sol.

He means the Ork Attack Moon, anon.
>>
File: 12.png (236 KB, 619x637) Image search: [Google]
12.png
236 KB, 619x637
The last novels aren't given a description. This is the last novel. From it's name we can guess what it will be about.

Vangorich got tried of everyone's shit.
>>
>Vulkan lives

aw yus
>>
Ok, I kind of understand that they're out of things to write, but this is plain stupid.
>>
Well, when is the Wolftime if not now, lazy ass.
>>
>>46027778
This is interesting because there really has never been talk of an Ork origin planet
>>
File: 1366515656885.jpg (95 KB, 600x753) Image search: [Google]
1366515656885.jpg
95 KB, 600x753
>>46027872
I don't think Orks really work like that, though. Are they trying to form an actual empire? Maybe. But if they're just a conquering fleet, their armies will still be out there if the planet is taken.

>>46027895
The symbolic cleansing of the series, just to remind you none of this is going on into the 41st millenium.

>None of you saw a fucking thing.
>Not a fucking thing.
>>
>>46027125
>See that other then admec and SM, Imperial factions sell pretty low
>Have orks take over imperium to allow Ork players to run Imperial units
>write in fluff where Imperium gets absorbed into ork faction

Sistorks of Battle when?
>>
>>46027929
Actually, there is some in the "Lost Race" fluff piece.
>>
File: god emperor trump.jpg (154 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
god emperor trump.jpg
154 KB, 456x469
>>46026923
BUILD A WALL AROUND TERRA AND MAKE ORKS PAY FOR IT!
MAKE IMPERIUM GREAT AGAIN!
>>
File: 1451859305213.jpg (2 MB, 2362x1653) Image search: [Google]
1451859305213.jpg
2 MB, 2362x1653
>>46027929
Old fluff kind of assumes that the Orks must have had a homeworld.
>>
>>46027909
Hundred dollars he dies with the beast
>>
>>46027935
Word would spread across the galaxy that the Ork home world was destroyed. The Orks would be demoralized and will bow down and accept humanity as their superiors.
>>
>>46027895
I'm excited about this one.

hope it leads to a series about Vangorich running this mofo and making the imperium great again!
>>
>>46027953
>THE LOST RACE

>Imperial scholars have speculated that on the Ork world of origin, wherever that might be, there was once another Orkoid race. This race, difficult though it is to believe, was extremely intelligent, arose to dominance in just a few generations, and even created the legendary lost Ork Standard Template Constructs. It was this race, they argue, which must have initiated the Ork expansion into space.

>The Snotlings, now a slave race trapped in a juvenile state, are thought to be a remnant of this lost race. The sudden rise of super-intelligent Snotlings can only be explained as the result of a catalyst. Snotlings are symbiotic with fungi, which they cultivate and eat. In the underground cave-systems in which ancient Ork culture arose, it is thought that there was a fungus which caused genetic mutation in the brain. This fungus was gathered and eaten by the simple cave-dwelling Snotlings. Over generations, a diet of this fungus stimulated the growth of the Snotling brain to its full potential. Later, the fungus was cultivated by the mentally-enhanced Snotlings.
>>
>>46027978
>word would spread

Not on the inquisition's watch you heretic filth.
>>
>>46027978
>orks demoralized

What?
>>
>>46028019
>The intelligent lost race of Snotlings, known as the Brainboyz, were still diminutive in size, so they bred a race of less intelligent, but tougher and more brutal creatures to fight and work for them. These were the Orks and Gretchins. Gretchins probably represent an intermediate stage in the development of Orks. The Orks were put to work cultivating the fungus. The civilisation of the Brainboyz was expanding beyond the homeworld, but every attempt to cultivate the brain-enhancing fungus on other worlds met with failure. The fungus would only grow in the dank cave-systems of the ancient homeworld of the Orks. This meant that the far-flung outposts of Brainboyz were dependent on shipments of fungus from the homeworld. Sometimes these shipments would go astray and not get through. If a community of Brainboyz was cut off from the supply for many years, a new generation of mentally undeveloped Snotlings would fall under the domination of their former slaves, the Orks. This must have happened time and time again throughout the galactic empire of the Brainboyz until Ork-dominated communities began to predominate. The final collapse of the civilisation of the Brainboyz occurred on the homeworld itself.

>Here, the Orks who were put to work harvesting the fungus began to wonder why they were being told what to do by such diminutive creatures. The Orks were not allowed to eat the fungus they were harvesting for the Brainboyz. Instead the Brainboyz fed them on squiggly beasts. Naturally this made the Orks think there must be something special about the fungus. So instead of harvesting the fungus, the Orks sat down and ate every toadstool, mushroom and puffball down to the last spore. It was a disaster for the Brainboyz. They found the bloated, slobbering Orks, but not a trace of fungus remained.
>>
>>46027978
I really don't think the Orks work like that man. They love a good scrap, no matter the odds.

It's probably going ot turn out their planet is full of dumbing mushrooms that will ruin the Orks as a tactically effective force.
>>
>>46028025
>The fungus had no effect whatsoever on the Ork brain, because Orks are not symbiotic with fungus. For the Orks it was no more than a big feast; for the Brainboyz it was a tragedy from which they never recovered. Throughout their empire, the Brainboyz died out. Their offspring never developed intelligent brains. Instead the succeeding generations of Snotlings remained mentally retarded, trapped in a pre-juvenile state. They became the mischievous, playful creatures they are to this day, content to frolic in the Ork cess-pits, catching squiggly beasts.

>The Orks on the other hand, found themselves in charge. Their brains were not enhanced, but they were now the most intelligent and capable of their kind. Ork civilisation, though crude and harsh, succeeded the civilisation of the Brainboyz throughout the universe.

>It is very difficult to reconstruct this phase of Ork history, because the Orks are extremely reluctant to talk about it. The story has to be pieced together from Ork legends which have passing references to Brainboyz and give glimpses of a time when the Orks were not in charge.

>With Ork society now dominated by its strongest and most brutal elements, Ork civilisation is faced with a major problem: the maintenance of technology. However, the warlike Orb have found the obvious solution: slaves. Apart from the Mekboyz, who are Orks with an innate talent for technology, Orks rely on enslaved Humans and other aliens in their slave workshops and factories and, more important, on tribute exacted from vassal alien communities. This tribute is paid in the form of armaments and technology. Sometimes whole communities and planets are occupied and put to work making armaments. An incident of this kind occurred some time ago on Necromunda, an Imperial Hive World. An Ork tribe captured and occupied three hivecities and was only cleared out after a vicious war which resulted in the destruction of the hives.
>>
>>46027935
>armies will still be out there if the planet is taken

I think it'd be like burning down ork Mecca, they give up on unity and turn against each other, which means it turns from galactic war to extermination work.
>>
>>46027895
>book 12
How goddamn many of these are they going to churn out?
>>
>>46028025
This sounds a lot like the fluff around Warcraft Goblins.
>>
>>46027491
>Orks demanding the surrender of a world given these behaviors isn't totally outrageous. It's just crazy in newer "Orks are 24/7 mindless carnage machines" fluff
So where'd the intelligent orcs go then?
>>
File: WTF is Yuno reading.jpg (88 KB, 847x480) Image search: [Google]
WTF is Yuno reading.jpg
88 KB, 847x480
>Ork Deff Star hanging over Terra
>Imperial forces all destroyed
>except for this FUCKHUGE force on its way to destroy the Beast's (or all Orks?) homeworld
>also a lot of other stuff happening elsewhere, including Eldar, Chaos and a Primarch
>the Beast lets all that happen, Deff Star STILL over Terra doing nothing

I should also mention that the first recorded engagement of the Deathwatch is in M36.
All this is going on in M32, right?

Meaning the Deff Star held over Terra doing absolutely nothing for 4000 years.
>>
>>46027546
'Dork Boyz for short.
>>
>>46028037
Give up on unity? Orks? its probably more along the lines of
Oi da Boss can't contact us no more
Dat makes me da boss git does humie gits
Oo se Youz da boss I'z da boss
and so on
But does this mean their is possibly some form of orkoid life running around the sewers on Terra?
>>
>>46028085
Deathwatch canon getting rewritten, they were now made in M32.

And I'm betting there's gonna be a nigh-endless battle to hold off the Deff Star while the other force goes to the homeworld.
>>
Horus and the Beast, why wouldn't you guys just fucking blow terra off and be done with it. It's not like planet-blowing is fucking hard in this universe.
>>
>>46028085
It was never really specified when they were founded, just a vague 'centuries ago.' Sure, their first recorded action was in M36, but most lore only focuses on the last few millennium anyway. You wouldn't be able to tell that most Second Founding Chapters had been founded just after the Horus Heresy from their histories and recorded engagements.
>>
>>46028152
Horus and the Beast wanted to prove a point.
>>
>>46028176
That they're fucking idiots in terms of winnig the war outright?
>>
>>46028152
The Beast is apparently trying to be hanurabu. Horus wanted to claim the Imperium for himself, not rule over the ruins.
>>
>>46027125
Can't possibly happen, if it did than humanity with Orks behind it would catapult itself into the most powerful mega power duo in the galaxy. Every problem the Imperium has can be solved if they become a vassal state to the Ork Waaagh. The 'nid problem? Solved, Chaos? (a reaction I would love to see) solved, Tau? Solved, Eldar? Solved. The only issue that would pose any threat to a powerbase composed of Orks and IG would be the Necrons.
>>
Any one else think the Necrons are going to pop up on mars? what about Tyranids on Venus? how about an enclave of Tau emerges from the depths of Jupiter. I loved the law on the Beast, a Warboss so tough he made a Waaaagh that brought the Imperium to its knees and made them beg. But not even once did I think he even made it close to Terra.
>>
>And as the boom of greenskin ordnance battered the plateau of Klostra Primus, greater silhouettes yet loomed behind the battle fortresses. Colossi, three of them, greenskin idols fifty metres tall. They rocked side to side as they marched over machine and kin, a manufactorum’s worth of smoke belching from the chimneys rising from their backs. Flame gouted from their jaws. Their eyes were energy weapon turrets, blazing red lightning. The right arm of each terminated in a hand whose fingers were linked cannons, four strong. The left arm of one was a hammer the size of a tank. The second had a chainblade fifteen metres long. The third wielded a claw that could tear the hills apart.

>Beneath the roars of the engines, the beat of the cannons and the tectonic rumble of the orbital strikes, Kalkator heard another sound. It would have been inaudible if it hadn’t come from a hundred thousand ork throats in unison.

>‘They’re laughing at us,’ said Caesax.

>Why wouldn’t they? Kalkator thought through his rage. The orks were bringing down a compounded humiliation on the Great Company. They attacked with overwhelming numbers, unstoppable armament, and then outmanoeuvred the Iron Warriors. In the gap between realising the doom of Klostra and bringing his blade down on still another ork skull, he understood that the orks were sending a message. They were speaking through the language of annihilation, and what they said was, Behold what we can do. We are more powerful and more clever than you. You are nothing.

>If hate alone were a force, he would have incinerated the planet in that moment.

Dem Pert-boyz be mad.
>>
>>46028052
They needed another stupid long series now that the horus heresy is winding down a little.

I actually wanted to hear more about the interim between the scouring and 40k, but not like this. Not from Black Library.
>>
>>46028255
Soi soi motherfucker.
>>
>>46027292
>Orks unplug and loot emps
>>
Wouldn't it be much easier to just destroy a planet then rebuild it or rule from another planet, then risk retaliation from the most powerful human being ever?
>>
>>46028280
The whole reason that the golden throne is dying is because a single Gretchen or snotling some how made its way into the heart of Emp's palace and tripped on the powercord. No one noticed for a long time and when they did they no longer knew how to plug it back in. Or the Admech IT guy didn't like it that Emps was pushed into being the Omnissiah and just said he fixed it.
>>
No idea why people are interested in this, we all know how it ends. Humanity pulls another one out of its ass and is miraculously saved.
>>
>>46028348
I'm interested in with what kind of bullshit miraculous fucked up reason would BL make Imperium win.
>>
>>46028255
Really, you could say that with about every race allying with the Imperium. Even the Tau might improve their tech enough to make them even more powerful than they are.

But alliances, strained but holding to the bitter end even in the face of all-powerful foes that would do anything to sunder them, aren't fucking grimdark enough.
>>
>>46028382
I can guarantee it'll at least be as stupid as the rest of this series so far.
>>
Christ. 40K is beyond redemption at this point.
>>
>>46028384
>allying with the Imperium

No anon wrong way, allying with the Imperium compounds its problems, the Imperium having to genuflect or be conquered solves its problems. The Orks being in control of humanity actually helps humanity, the Imperium in control of Orks hurts bot the Orks and the Imperium.
>>
>>46028406
One lone guardsman akbars the battle moon extinguishing the Beast along with it.
>>
>>46028451

There's a Female Arbitrator stuck on the moon, it's going to be her.
>>
>>46028451
They'll probably overcharge the golden throne into a giant beam that re-stupidifies the orks and that's why it's failing.

or like, the orks will replace all the high lords with super smart, shapeshifting orks and that's why the master of the assassins kills them all
>>
>>46027679
>according to him at least he's the only person competent enough to run the place

Well that's the thing. The majority of the are probably competent enough to run the place on their own, it's just that none of them are competent enough to work together to run the place as a collective.
>>
>>46028451
This isn't stupid. Because this is what should happen. A lone IG alone in the squig filled interior of the Ork Deff Star. His friends and Comrades have evacuated, leaving him alone with nothing but a shit ton of explosives and pure unadulterated badass. And then he pushes the button.
>>
>>46028545
>A lone IG
Should be a single IG. So much for proof reading.
>>
>>46028451
And he does it right as the Space Marines are about to board it.

Like, "fuck you, bitches! I'm getting the glory this time!" And then his regiment gets honored 'forever' while the Space Marines sulk and go on some crusades.
>>
>>46028485
She hand Pious can have magic space babies in the psyker realm the Emps is in.
>>
>>46028545

>She gagged, vomited blood. She wiped the gore from her eyes. She was lying on a slope, surrounded by red light pulsing green. On either side were moving pistons like great towers, gears the size of cathedrals. Below, she heard the stir of an uncountable army, of a strength in weapons and ships that denied all measure.

>She was inside the moon.

You're half right.
>>
File: 1406075337245.jpg (122 KB, 530x811) Image search: [Google]
1406075337245.jpg
122 KB, 530x811
>>46028582
>She's vomiting blood

She's really not going to make it, is she?

No sense in waifuing her then. Just honor her sacrifice.
>>
>>46028624
Arbites not IG. BOOOOO.
>>
>>46028582

Why is it a woman now who makes the big sacrifice? Has GW finally gone the way of Star Wars?
>>
>>46028664
in a set of books this bad, why choose that in particular to complain about
>>
>>46028664
Yes.
>>
>>46028664
>>46028701
Sexism? Really?
>>
>>46028664
>fem heroes
This isn't new at all to 40k.
Sexism virtually is none existent to the imperium proper.
Everyone can equally die in the Emperor's name.
>>
File: thehorror.jpg (43 KB, 425x960) Image search: [Google]
thehorror.jpg
43 KB, 425x960
>>46027829
>which will stop them for some reason?
The ork homeworld has the fungus strain that accelerates greenskins growth and intelligence
>>
>>46028752
>mfw deathwatch's first mission is going to be to poison/mutate the fungus and distribute it across the entire ork army
>>
>>46028746
But is the ratio of female heroism equal to or greater than male heroism?
Is the gender disparity in the imperial guard a thing as it should be due to the physical requirements of a soldiers life or do the women get a pass and thus more chances at heroic death? Do they merely recruit female badasses from deathworld to shore up numbers?
>>
File: 1417735555807.jpg (16 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1417735555807.jpg
16 KB, 240x200
>>46028764
>mfw they're ruining orks and deathwatch in one go
>>
>>46028770

>Is the gender disparity in the imperial guard a thing as it should be due to the physical requirements of a soldiers life or do the women get a pass and thus more chances at heroic death? Do they merely recruit female badasses from deathworld to shore up numbers?

Honestly, we don't know there IS a gender disparity in the actual guard. Just that the models are men.
>>
File: 1406074420975.jpg (77 KB, 678x993) Image search: [Google]
1406074420975.jpg
77 KB, 678x993
>>46028641
Fuck you Arbites are awesome, they deserve a little love in the lore now and again.

Especially since every damn time a planet gets invaded, they're either not talked about or instantly steamrolled.

>>46028664
Oh no, a woman is dying and may not even be remembered for an act that may not even do lasting damage! Oh no!

Seriously, I haven't heard a single mention of other female characters up to this point. Is it really so bad to have just one do an act of heroism that isn't even a stretch of an imagination for a random priest or civilian or guardsman, let alone an Arbitrator?
>>
>>46028062
it's older than that
>>
>>46028848
Never said it was.
>>
>>46028752
I HATE THIS SO MUCH!
>>
>>46028825
Actually, somewhere in Sandy Mitchell's works, it's outright stated that females only make up about 10% of the Imperial Guard, and that mixed regiments are very uncommon compared to male or female only regiments.

Which is odd, considering the Imperium as a whole has a lack of focus on gender, and because the basic lasgun is something old men and kids can use - Conscripts are described as 'often too young or old for normal conscription, are inducted into the Imperial Guard and rushed through basic training' - and driving a vehicle or working in supplies and logistics wouldn't be that hard. I'd say artillery as well, but considering that probably involves handloading, I might not want to comment on what I don't fully understand.
>>
>>46028770
Specifically amongst the IG: it's differs from world to world.
Tanith for instance only recruited males. They initially had issues taking on female replacements as war was "for men" but the other regiments thought that was obtuse.
Cadia is literally 50/50 in canon. Everyone is trained from birth to war and if you can fight, you fight.
Physical abilities mean little beyond being crippled in the Guard. Bodies carrying rifles is all that matters.

Sexual dimorphism doesn't really come into play when your opponents are already 300% more powerful than a mere human.
>>
>>46028866
you mean wasn't.
>>
>>46028876
And with Dan Abbnett it's almost half. One BL author is not universal authority.
>>
>>46028876
But women hips are not suited for prolonged marching.

And that's most what the guard do.
>>
>>46028876

I think it's due to the fact that no one can really agree on where 'Worst and most cruel place ever' falls on some issues.

Some people go 'Most cruel, it MUST be sexist!' other people go 'Too cruel to limit it to only one gender!'. So we get some books where no one gives a shit and some books where it talks about it being wildly disproportionate in numbers (I LOATHE the DH thing that basically says that woman are basically non-existent in major groups like the Ecclessiarchy as it seems utterly pointless.)
>>
>>46028887
No I meant what I typed.
>>
>>46026923
>see thread
>get excited
>realize these events where in the past
>just GW rehashing fluff again
Zzzzzzzz. Just let the emperor die already.
>>
>>46028895
>And with Dan Abbnett it's almost half.

Posts sources quotes you two.

>One BL author is not universal authority.

Depends on how new the book is. An author doesn't just get to invent stuff without GW okaying it. This is how BL works now.
>>
>>46028827
>Especially since every damn time a planet gets invaded, they're either not talked about or instantly steamrolled.

Arbites aren't a PDF. Defending planets isn't supposed to be something they're good at.
>>
>>46028904
Cry some more.
Can you carry a gun and follow orders?
Welcome to the Guard soldier!
>>
File: 1457337307115.jpg (135 KB, 609x804) Image search: [Google]
1457337307115.jpg
135 KB, 609x804
>>46028904
Is it because all the the male soldiers get distracted by dem hips?

More seriously, mechanized infantry and armored regiments are a thing. Light infantry might even operate more as stealth experts than skirmishers.

>>46028908
I personally prefer 'too cruel to limit it to only one gender.' The Imperium is always portrayed as this unending machine that doesn't care where the manpower comes from, or who dies for the sake of it, or whether the high or the low give up their lives or their families. To go 'oh yeah but women should be kept safe' is somewhere between too logical (in the sense of making sure there's still a population to recruit from) and too ridiculous (in the sense that they'd skip over these perfectly worthwhile bodies and eagerly pick up any male, no matter how worthless).
>>
>>46028934
>Defending planets isn't supposed to be something they're good at.
Actually, the arbite fortress precincts are usually the last bastions of the Imperium on any given planet. They're designed to hold out and act as a staging point for the Imperial fleets when they arrive.

That's why any would be invasions or rebellions aim to fuck up the Arbites before they can lock down, otherwise they'll be a huge pain in the ass.
>>
>>46028934
They are equipped very well - boltguns, carapace armor, even Rhinos and Repressors - and on hive worlds they'll have a lot of men, and a big ol' Tower of Judgement to defend from. They should be at least a serious speed bump, and the only reason they aren't is because they aren't a force on the tabletop.
>>
>>46028925
Only regarding major fluff bits. With Sandy Mitchell's Cain's Last Stand it takes place in the 42nd millennium and the 13th BC failed. It doesn't matter to gw what they say for the most part.
>>
>>46029086
>With Sandy Mitchell's Cain's Last Stand it takes place in the 42nd millennium and the 13th BC failed. It doesn't matter to gw what they say for the most part.

Some Gotrek and Felix included Storm of Chaos fluff and happened in that era of the setting. These novels were retconned and newer G&F novels were brought back and re-positioned in the current timeline that leads up to the End Times.

Cain's novels will get the same treatment.
>>
>>46028912
okay, so it was just a random sentence with no reference to the conversation.

ok
>>
>>46029131
>will
or won't
>>
>>46029131
it probably won't be retconned so much as ignored
>>
>>46029173
Depends if there will be any new Cain books in the future.
>>
>>46029200
it more depends on whatever Sandy decides to write.
>>
>>46029230
Not really.

Lets say he writes a new novel it doesn't matter what's it about or when in the 40K timeline. The GW editors will tell the author to retcon the Inquisitor Lady writing/commentary into 40K timeline and show that she finished her book before 999 41K.
>>
>>46029161
Yeah it was. You really should think before you post things.
Oh and in case you still don't know what I'm talking about. In this post>>46028062 I
never bring up anything that should lead you to believe that I think the fluff surrounding the brain boyz was more recent than the fluff surrounding the Warcraft Goblins. therefore your post >>46028887 is exactly the type of thing you are insinuating here >>46029161. I'm sorry I had to point all this out to you, it must be difficult being so stupid.
>>
>>46028664
>Literally the first time a woman is mentioned in this thread.
>complain that it's all about women.

Never change.
>>
>>46029287

>>46028887 should be >>46028848
Proof reading whats the point when you're going to post mistakes anyway.
>>
File: aztec aquila.jpg (150 KB, 648x468) Image search: [Google]
aztec aquila.jpg
150 KB, 648x468
I can't believe this series is even worse than the previews hinted at
>>
>>46029449
parts of the books are good, like the interaction between Imperial characters, but the series as a whole just seems like it's trying to run on shock value. It's trying to show how the Beast's waaagh shook up the whole Imperium, but the shock twists are such out-of-left-field gonzo it almost reads like a parody of 40k rather than 40k.
>>
i may not be an expert on the matter, but shouldn't the custodians be able to just outright murderfuck every single ork?
>>
>>46029499
No.

The custodians were overwhelmed and slaughter when the daemons were storming the Imperial Webway during the HH. They are good but they are not good enough to survive a tide of enemies.
>>
>>46029516
overwhelmed and slaughtered*
>>
>>46029477
I think I'll be just fine keeping my canon invasions of the Sol system as Horus and that Necron expedition looking for the Void Dragon
>>
>>46029526
shallow and pedantic
>>
>>46029516
I think the remaining ones are used to guard the Golden Throne itself. They're not shock troops that can be thrown at anything which approaches Terra, but the Emperor's very last, personal line of defense.
>>
>>46027076
no, this was about.. 32Kish?
>>
>>46027929
Probably just means the location of where The Beast is.
>>
>>46029599
It's going to be a Grot in full plate mega armor
>>
File: 1457118241772.jpg (179 KB, 601x500) Image search: [Google]
1457118241772.jpg
179 KB, 601x500
>>46027552
>His hand being found
It's services were no longer required
>>
>>46029599
>‘There is something else,’ Urquidex said, shaking Van Auken from his machinations.

>‘Proceed,’ the artisan trajectorae encouraged, eager for more revelations.

>‘I have gene-typed the creature and a sample of its kind,’ the Magos Biologis said, ‘and cross-referenced our findings with the data-vaults aboard the Subservius.’

>‘And what did you discover?’ Van Auken urged.

>‘They all have the same origin, genetically speaking,’ Urquidex said. ‘With some more work, we should be able to narrow it down to a particular area of the galaxy. Perhaps even a single world.’

-The Beast Arise Book 2 "Predator, Prey"

Unless all the Orks from the Beast Waaagh! (which is a galactic sized Waaagh!) come from the same planet, then I think they are referring to the actual Ork home world.
>>
>>46027336
>>46027368
We knew the orks almost completely wiped out the space marines somehow, they had to be pretty tough.
>>
>>46027698
Who the hell are the fist exemplar? They're not listed along the other IF successors
>>
>>46029653
A successor Chapter of the Imperial Fist.

They became the new Imperial Fists
>>
>>46029629
what?
>>
>>46029730
The codex fluff says the Beast was stopped at a great cost of marine lives and also thanks to admech asspullery.
>>
File: no tracey morgan.webm (1007 KB, 518x500) Image search: [Google]
no tracey morgan.webm
1007 KB, 518x500
>>46029665
As with so much of this series, Mr. Morgan speaks
>>
>>46028974
Womens hips and knees are weaker due to thinner tendons and different anchor points combined with a wide less stable platform (the hip bone) which has to support the rest of the body which in this case would be loaded with gear. Its basically begging for torn tendons and ligaments on the battlefield or any other strenous situation.
>>
BL is the worst thing that happened to 40k. Entire fluff was supposed to provide background for plastic soldiers shoting each other. If you try to dvelve on those stories it becomes so fucking stupid.
>>
>>46029757
>humans spanned across the galaxy on millions of different worlds, many extremely harsh
>some cause changes in the genome so divergent that it forms new human species (ogryn, ratlings, squats, felinids, night haunys, etc.)
>women's hips too weak to march
Tell that to a catachan woman and see how that works out.
>>
>>46029826
>night haunys
night hunnies?
>>
>>46029852
Sorry, haunts.
Humans that had developed extremely light sensitive eyes.
In old guard fluff (and even a white dwarf supplement as having acute senses) were fielded as scouts during night actions.
>>
>>46030031
I did ask if they imported badass females from deathworlds for that exact reason. base human females aren't built to safely handle guardsman style duties but i imagine divergent evolution on a world that kills you dead if you're that weak would eventually lead to improvements on the worlds that didn't kill off humanity.
>>
>>46029807
Fuck off slav
>>
>>46027622

Actually none of the High Lords are actually incompetent. They are ineffective because they are constantly putting their interests above those of the Imperium at an unprecedented degree. The Lord Admiral demonstrated this in the last book.
>>
>>46030078
And I said it varies by regiment. Prior to Old Night humanity gene-modded the shit out of themselves for thousands of years. There is no reason to think most warrior-centric worlds (where most guard are tithed from) aren't full of tough, hardy females as well as men.

Most Guard, male or female, are not as frail as current Earth humans.
>>
>>46029757
Space Marines eats brains to absorb memories.
>>
This whole plot line is some pretty dumb shit, frankly.

It's not even wacky dumb- it's taking itself super cerealy.

Is Forge World the only competent company involved in WH now?
>>
>>46030277
I tried to read i am slaughter, and couldn't get further then 10 pages. The retarded wall shit the slaughter nickname. At least make it metal as fuck...
>>
>>46030267
What does that have to do with vanilla women being unfit for guardsman duty?
>>
>>46026923
>>46026959
>>46027092
All of my wat.
>>
>>46028908
>I LOATHE the DH thing that basically says that woman are basically non-existent in major groups like the Ecclessiarchy as it seems utterly pointless.)

What? Did I miss something?
>>
>>46030227

>Most Guard, male or female, are not as frail as current Earth humans.

The extinct Golden Men were physically superior to the Stone Men.
>>
>>46028876
That's not necessarily that strange, when one remembers that on most planets guardsmen are recruited from the planetary defence force, usually by taking the top 10% or so (the exact percentage varying depending on the nature of the tithe the planet pays) of the PDF soldiers. Even if the PDF has 50/50 gender split, average men being physically stronger than average women would mean that the gender ratio of the people tithed into IG would be skewed towards men.

>>46028908
>I LOATHE the DH thing that basically says that woman are basically non-existent in major groups like the Ecclessiarchy as it seems utterly pointless
That doesn't make much sense at all, considering the Impeirum generally seem to have an attitude of "race and gender are irrelevant because we're all humans and therefore better than those filthy xenos", not to mention Ecclesiarchy having the various orders of Adepta Sororitas (from the Battle Sisters to the Famulous, Hospitaler and Dialogus orders), so female religious figures aren't exactly an unusual consept for them.
>>
>>46029653
Who the hell are the fist exemplar?

They're people who excel at fisting
>>
>>46030078

With an empire as massive as the Imperium you would most definitely find women who are hardly fit to be field artillery or tankers. On the other hand, you'd probably also have women from some planets capable of naturally outmarching even the best men from another planet.

Evolution would cause such a massive flux of attributes among humanity that we'd all basically be vast sub-species of eachother.

It only took I think 21 generations for a breed of bird to branch into a new sub-species from it's ancestors.
>>
File: 32666.png (252 KB, 1002x509) Image search: [Google]
32666.png
252 KB, 1002x509
>>46029653
Yes they are
>>
>>46027738

The point of this though is that when Orks are allowed to actually reach their pinnacle of development without being culled, they turn into rational creatures which is absolutely hilarious
>>
>>46030794
You're assuming that the Ork diplomat was representative of his whole species, and not just another oddboy like a Mek or Dok.
>>
>>46028085
The best sacrificed his own race and its future to make humans strong enough to deal with coming conflicts. He probably part of the kabal.
>>
>taking 40k seriously
You niggers are doing it wrong, all of you.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (1020 KB, 419x350) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
1020 KB, 419x350
Well, I'm off to read said book(s). But being honest, I've never seen a game fluff so massively raped like this.

GW and BL, congratulations!
I guess...
>>
File: Judge.png (26 KB, 273x200) Image search: [Google]
Judge.png
26 KB, 273x200
>>46030884
How is it even raped? I've been following this series too, and dear lord you people overreact to everything. Yeah, the orks raid terra, and there's a smart ork that does some diplomacy shit, but big whoop, that's story I can deal with. What did you want the book to be, the orks raid x random world and are repelled after x days?

As one anon said, the events in this series are gonzo crazy, like the sudden death of the entire IF, but if you accept that and just roll with it as the story, it's not so bad. Calm your shit costanza.
>>
>>46030884

>be smelly dumb imperial scum

>be sneered at by an ork

Such is life in the Imperium of Man, there's nothing out of what's ordinary in the setting here.
>>
>>46030870
>taking BL seriously
Fixed that for you :)
>>
>>46030972
No you didn't fix shit.
>>
>>46030828
>Ork society stratifies into 'kultured' and non-kultured Orks
>kultured Orks are the ruling class, comprising of Meks, Doks, Bosses and Ambassadorks
>they live in 'da lap o' luksury' while the teeming masses of the unkultured Orks do all of the hard graft and enjoy true Orky kulture
>eventually some unkultured Orks get delusions of grandeur and aspire to usurp the kultured Orks, taking their komforts for themselves
>slowly 'da proleteriorks' begin to get rowdy(er) and anti-'bourgorks-y' sentiments begin to spread
>but they need a hero to lead them
>they need...
>DA RED GOBBO!
>>
>>46026923

BUILD WALL
>>
>>46030927
God forbid a setting with chain-saw swords and spaceships shaped like Cathedrals does something OTT crazy, eh?

I'm enjoying the ride so far. As with all GW fluff, codex, BL and Forgeworld, I plan to enjoy the good, ignore the bad and enjoy-but-not-assume-to-be-canon-going-forward the utterly batshit crazy stuff (you read the Draco trilogy, for instance?)

40k: It was never serious.
>>
File: 1457451999247.jpg (245 KB, 976x600) Image search: [Google]
1457451999247.jpg
245 KB, 976x600
>>46030884
>Book 1 I Am Slaughter = 7/10
>Book 2 Predator Prey = 4/10
>Book 3 The Emperor Expects = 9/10
>Book 4 The Last Wall = 5/10

Already rated it for ya anon
>>
File: 1445321197691.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1445321197691.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>46026923
>>46026959
>>46027092
>>46027182

I'm baffled and repulsed, yet strangely intrigued.
>>
>>46027730
Imperial fists being saved by iron warriors. Oh the irony.
>>
>>46030884

>something slightly different happened in a time period that was never expanded on

>it doesn't endlessly cater to my ridiculous nostalgia and thus is evil

>I am the reason why 40k is essentially just masturbatory and repetitive now instead of goofy and tongue in cheek
>>
>>46027698
And the Lion.
>>
>>46026923
>Orks Ambassadors

They actually really did it?
>>
>>46027488
Fortifying his position
>>
>>46031322
Who do you think handles relations when orks act as mercs or send ultimatums to planets to get paid without invading?
>>
>>46026923

You know for how ridiculous this is, it's really giving me a 2000AD vibe.

Just another goofy apocalypse
>>
>>46026923
PDFs where gotta read this
>>
>>46026923
>>46026959
>>46027182
This is glorious. GW already made the nofunallowed fantasy players so butthurt that they left, now it's 40k's turn.
>>
>>46028280
Orks actually did unplug and loot da Emp. When the Daughters of the Emperor were invited into the throne room, the Custodes explained the whole situation. The daughters, with this knowledge, set up the mother of all cover stories and killed Vandire, and at that point I've run out of ideas.
>>
>>46027092
Did Veritus just leave?
>>
File: TRUMP16.jpg (844 KB, 1000x732) Image search: [Google]
TRUMP16.jpg
844 KB, 1000x732
>>46027955
THEY ARE COMING HERE
BRINGING LOOT AND TEETH, STEALING OUR FLASHY BITS,I'M SURE SOME ARE GOOD ORKS BUT WE EITHER HAVE TERRA, OR WE DON'T

THEY HAVE TO GO BACK.
>>
>>46026923
On one level, this feels strange to me, but on another level I like Orks being space Visigoths. We should see more Imperialized Orks, and not just pirates and IG copycats.

Obviously not pacifist Orks, but something space Visigoth-y. Like an Ork warlord taking over a hive world and rather than looting it, he just demands tribute.
>>
>>46026959
Ladies and gentlemen, witness the birth of the Imperial Guard's human wave tactics.

>>46026923
Also, why the hell is that Ork grey? Everyone knows that Orks are supposed to be green!
>>
>>46030794
>>46030828
Brainboyz, Anons. Apparently we're seeing some Brainboyz in action here.
>>
>>46028575
Good thing they're both Perpetuals, so they die while holding hands, then resurrect and kill the Beast with the power of love and friendship.

But this is 40k, joy is a lie. They have to split up and travel away from the Galaxy to avoid the Inquisition.
Then the Arbitrator gets raped.
>>
PDFs where nigga where
>>
File: T7NVexu.jpg (158 KB, 800x1006) Image search: [Google]
T7NVexu.jpg
158 KB, 800x1006
>>46031403
>>
I already know this happened around 32nd millennium and humanity will pull through, but in the meantime I'm here for the delicious bitch tears of HFYfags and Imperiumfags.
>>
>>46026923
This actually sounds great,almost like the oldschool ork books.
Except for the fact they made terra useless and defenseless little planet
>>
I think my favorite bit about this whole series is that it shits right in the mouth of all the 40kids going all "NUH UH, BATTLEFLEET SOL IS HUNDREDS... NO THOUSANDS... UH NO MILLIONS STRONG! AND THE MOON IS A SUPERPOWERFUL GUN THAT CAN INSTANTLY TELEFRAG ANYTHING THAT SHOWS UP!"
>>
>>46032075
That stuff is true, but in the later periods, like the 41st millenuim, which is nearly 9000 years later.
There's less time between you and the beginning of civilization than there is between when this takes place and the period of 40k where that stuff is true.
>>
>>46032058
>Except for the fact they made terra useless and defenseless little planet

The High Lords cause this to happen with their incompetence and politicking.
>>
>>46032075
Due to High Lord shenanigans, Battlefleet Sol is far away from the Sol system and cannot get there in time.
>>
>>46032128

It's canonically the size of a Sector Battlefleet, not a Segmentum fleet, which is approximately 200 vessels on average. I'd even be willing to say 1000 warships, with more able to rapidly redeploy from adjacent sectors, but not millions, which is just so fucking over the top that I can only assume the Imperial Navy forgot that Mars is building Voidships and stopped sending captains to pick up new vessels sometime around the 35th millennium.
>>
>>46031191
I can imagine Tzeentch kickpunching his facehandfeet already.
>>
>>46028067
>So where'd the intelligent orcs go then?
Dey were small gits, so we krumped 'em!
>>
File: 20151219_200736-1.jpg (3 MB, 1700x2941) Image search: [Google]
20151219_200736-1.jpg
3 MB, 1700x2941
>>46031785
Here
>>
>>46032263
Under the dumbbells?
>>
The Orks had clever Orks before and were actually somewhat civilized but then the 'Brainboyz' died off and the Orks went into barbarity.

Somewhat interested to see where this goes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.