[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG Standard General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 29
File: 407595.full.png (100 KB, 200x279) Image search: [Google]
407595.full.png
100 KB, 200x279
Was no thread up. What are you guys playing? I'm in search for a new deck. Halp.
>>
>>45287622
meme land destruction or turns, waiting until rotation to build a real deck
>>
G/W value cards are in the mail
>>
>>45287622
Riding the BW warrior train until Innistrad hits
>>
>>45287622
I just ordered the last remaining colorless Eldrazi cards I needed to finish my deck, just before the price spike.

I'm still undecided on a few things, though, as I currently run a pretty hefty amount of ramp through Crawlers/Lanterns/Archives in it alongside Kozilek/Ulamog and 2 Deceiver of Form as my really-late-game drops. Might cut some of those things and splash some color, though I have no idea which one if I were to do that.

Vile Aggregate or Obligator worked alright in testing, as did Displacer.
>>
>>45288238
Are you playing Green ramp?
>>
>>45287684
Care to elaborate on the cards? I like G/W, maybe ill look into playing a GW deck
>>
>>45288269
No, it's completely colorless so far, trying to get as much use out of the colorless lands as possible.

With the "ramp" setup, I can almost guarantee a T3 TKS or T4 Smasher and if neither of those drop I tend to be ready to drop Ulamog or Kozilek by turn 6 or 7 (if I didn't win through sheer beatdown by then).

I'll put the current build on Tappedout, will post it in a few minutes.
>>
>>45288269
>>45288351
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/cancerous-colorless/

That's the current build. While it certainly works for getting to the big stuff quickly (Endbringers or Deceivers is still also on the line), it feels really vulnerable with the low number of early drops that work on their own.
>>
>>45288509
Cool list! What's your thoughts on Ulamog?
>>
>>45288692
He's great, though I don't own him yet.

Missed my chance of buying him off a friend a few weeks back for 10€ cause I didn't have the cash back then and didn't anticipate such a huge price spike.
>>
>>45287622
I'll help, what are you searching for in a new deck?, be as specific as possible.
>>
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-57-22-tix-turbo-turns-standard

Its...an... ok deck. But its budget! And when it works its the biggest F-you to an opponent that there is.
>>
>>45288770
Im thinking about getting an Orzhov Control deck, it seems interesting. But Gideon is kinda expensive, about 100$ for a playset.

I like control. And 4/5C runds Jace, Vryn's Prodigy, which is like stupidly expensive, so its kind of out of the question.
>>
>>45287622
Jeskai Prowess. I took the UR shell, dropped the Jaces for Seekers and added in some Defiant Strikes. It's looking pretty good, plays like a weird spellslinger/sligh hybrid.
>>
>>45289541
>Orzhov Control deck

ayyyy
>>
>>45287622
I had a little thing put together based off pinging and devoid

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/devoid-happn-ping/

still some things I was considering but as it is it seems pretty ok and cheap (excluding the fetches)
>>
>>45288509
If anyone else feels like chiming in on what I could splash in here, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Current candidates include:
- Obligator
- Displacer
- Vile Redeemer
- Vile Aggregate
- Bearer of Silence
- Scion Summoner
- Ruination Guide
- Wasteland Strangler
- Skyspawner
>>
>>45289541
Control is fun, I have a Bant control deck based on animated lands and its a blast to play, plus, its cheap a/f.

I'll look and see if I can come up with a list.
>>
>>45290376
Honestly I would spash green for
+ In their wake
+ explosive vegetation
+ call the scions maybe

plus maybe that new big mythic eldrazi from Bfz. go with more wastes to get form the ramp spells

cut
- matter reshaper
- 1 or 2 rogues
- 1 or 2 ruins of oran reef
- seagate wreckage
-1 mimic
>>
Any suggested edits to this U/R Prowess Deck? I have no Jace or Fetch cards.

8 Island
8 Mountain
3 Shivan Reef
2 Wandering Fumarole
4 Stormchaser Mage
4 Monastery Swiftspear
4 Fiery Impulse
4 Slip Through Space
4 Expedite
3 Roast
1 Chandra, Fire of Kaladesh
1 Jori En, Ruin Diver
2 Abbot of Keral Keep
3 Wild Slash
2 Brute Strength
4 Titan's Strength
2 Jhessian Thief
1 Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest

Sideboard
4 Boiling Earth
4 Devour in Flames
4 Negate
1 Roast
1 Abbot of Keral Keep
1 Wild Slash

The singular Roast, Wild Slash and Abbot are only in Sideboard because I thought I didn't have them when I built this deck on Thursday. I found them yesterday in a collection.

I was thinking about dropping three Islands for two more Wandering Fumaroles and a fourth Shivan Reef since my red mana distribution is so much higher than blue.
>>
>>45290826
Yeah, list would be awesome!
>>
>>45291005
oh and green sources of course
>>
>>45291089
I think I got it. Its looking very good so far but I'll take a while assembling and tuning it.

Meanwhile you can look at my Bant Awakening deck or something. Maybe you'll like it.

Creatures:
>Sylvan Advocate x4
>Reflector Mage x2
>Wall of Resurgence x4
>Halimar Tidecaller x4
>Noyan Dar, Roil Shaper x4

Spells:
>Immolating Glare x4
>Roil Spout x4
>Scatter to the Winds x4
>Explosive Vegetation x4
>Planar Outburst x2

Lands:
>Lumbering Falls x4
>Yavimaya Coast x4
>Mirrorpool x4
>Plains x10
>Island x2

Sideboard:
>Reflector Mage x2
>Eldrazi Displacer x4
>Planar Outburst x2
>Iona's Blessing x4
>Naturalize x3
>>
>>45292105
I really want noyan dar to become a deck because i play land destruction
>>
>>45292146
Unfortunately for you I accounted for land destruction with Lumbering Falls. Still, creature removal is a bigger threat than land destruction. Lumbering Falls also palliates that but forces you to keep quite a bit of mana open.

Anyways, in some matches the odds just aren't in your favor, thats natural and completely fine.
>>
>>45287622
Made an Eldrazi Black/Blue ingest/process deck, I doubt I can go anywhere with it but feedback is appreciated.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/eldrazi-ingest-blackblue/?cat=type
>>
>>45292305
by awakening onto it?

ive never liked doing that because of how much mana it forces you to keep open or just lose both your awakened land and manland. Seems better to just have the two threats most of the time unless its just late enough and you just have the mana to sink

running a 4 of falls seems worse against land destruction of anything since crumble just eats all four
>>
>>45292413
Yeah, but I've yet to see someone running Crumble to Dust at my LGS. Which is weird, I thought it was a great card.

Either way, paying the manland cost is a last resort, ideally you'll keep a Scatter on your hand just in case.

Maybe I should change some of the instants to cheaper versions, after all you won't be paying the awakening cost more than once or twice a game.
>>
>>45292601
I've actually seen it once, besides in my land destruction meme deck, probably boarded it in for Abzan running 4 vents

I guess if everything is at instant its not a problem to hold it up. Insta hexproof seems great though if someone actually casts into it, 0 for 1, but that seems really stupid to do
>>
>>45292684
Yeah, maybe I should run some Negates.

Bait them into thinking hexproof is my only defense, that I can't activate it and then slam down a negate. Can't be too careful after all.
>>
Is it weird that I'll let people recover from mistakes during FNM? I mean, I didn't let the guy turn back his play when he tried doing a Murderous Cut on my Gideon after he turned into an indestructible creature, but some people watching one of my games found it absolutely stunning that I was reminding a kid about some of the triggers in his deck when he overlooked them.

I'll play to win because store credit is great but I also enjoy a good match where the two decks get to compete. I guess the guy who was amazed at it is a guy that solely plays Commander decks that are only built to infinite combo so there might be vastly different viewpoints.
>>
>>45291005
I'm not too sure on that big of a splash. I'm not aiming for a "ramp into Kozi" kind of deck but more of a midrange control/beatdown with big finishers.

Nevertheless, I'll try adding green to see the results, though I kind of feel bad running wastes in a deck focused completely on colorless, as the other colorless lands don't have downsides apart from non-searching.
>>
>>45293001
I also point out any possible missed triggers or effects when playing against clearly more inexperienced players. If you're not aiming for tournament play and just go to FNMs for fun, it's far healthier for the environment when you help eachother.

Not to mention that half the time that people don't notice their triggers they are usually bad enough to still beat.
>>
>>45293166

Yeah, that's the way my cousin and I look at it. If we play nice word might spread around that the scene here is good and it'll flourish more.

Unfortunately for me the kid who makes mistakes on his deck built it strongly so when he makes it work properly it hurts. It's the Ultimate Sacrifice preconstructed with the sub-optimal cards removed and more sharply tuned.
>>
>>45293316
Our FNM is exclusively draft, so our store is mostly devided into the "Always go without a loss", Good, Mediocre with occasional lucky high placement and bad groups.

Sadly, those 0-loss guys tend to be the most jewish of rulesharks and don't ever let anything slide, which is probably part of the reason for their consistently high placement.
>>
Playing BW Control
Here's my list :

Spells (34)
4 Secure the Wastes
4 Grasp of Darkness
2 Hallowed Moonlight
3 Immolating Glare
2 Oath of Gideon
4 Read the Bones
3 Ruinous Path
3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
2 Sorin, Solemn Visitor
2 Utter End
2 Murderous Cut
2 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Planar Outburst

Lands (26)
2 Blighted Fen
4 Caves of Koilos
4 Plains
4 Scoured Barrens
4 Shambling Vent
8 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
2 Duress
2 Hallowed Moonlight
3 Transgress the Mind
2 Flaying Tendrils
2 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
2 Wingmate Roc
2 Linvala, the Preserver

It's been crushing my FNM full of midrangey list.

Does ok against Rally with Moonlight main, after sideboard you need to beat them down because they will side a part of the combo and try to grind you with CoCo/counterspells after they saw moonlight main or they know you will bring it or Kalitas. So curving Oath -> Gideon/Sorin -> Roc -> Linvala will make them cry a lot.
I really enjoy the deck and it's very cheap. Less than 200$, half of these are the 3 Gideon. But they will still be played for as long as they're standard legal.
>>
File: shittyshitdeck.jpg (289 KB, 1260x450) Image search: [Google]
shittyshitdeck.jpg
289 KB, 1260x450
I'm building an extremely cheap, borderline-joke deck based on these cards to take to FNM to screw around with. What would you add?
>>
File: Hedron Crawler.png (132 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Hedron Crawler.png
132 KB, 223x311
>Manakin might not be shit enough in the current Standard. How can we make it suck more?
>>
>>45294457

FUCK YOU SARKHAN VOL FOR RUINING THE ABZAN

FUCK YOU AND YOUR FUCKING DRAGONS
>>
>>45294457
Sylvan Advocate + Playing somme hissing quagmire

Tasigur

Just don't go all in on the assault formation plan, it will get counterspelled/Duress/dromoka's command
Play creature that are good even without assault formation.
Otherwise the deck will be as bad as Hardened scales where you play creatures that sucks if you don't have hardened scales.
>>
>>45294457
Don't play the aura enchantment. It's shit on it's own and shittier in a format with nearly all removal being exile effect.
>>
>>45294743
You're right about the aura. I'm not super familiar with standard right now, haven't played it in years. I just want to play a deck with Kin-Tree Invocation, I saw the card and liked it.
>>
where the fuck do i buy boosters online that wont fuck me over
>>
>>45294960
Don't buy boosters.
>>
>>45294980
but opening packs is fun but eh whatever, guess i'll just buy some singles i want
>>
>>45288509
reminds me a lot of this. I've tested this deck a lot and while it does some work, it has trouble early game with gummed up board spaces. I would bump it up to 4 Spatial Contortions.

As for splash. Black is the way to go. You get Reaver Drone as one of the best Eldrazi 1 drops, Sludge Crawler/Cuilling Drone for ingest, and Wasteland Strangler to clear things up for your bigger guys.
>>
>>45295002
Yeah oppening pack is fun until you look back at how much you wasted on it and still don't have the cards you need for the deck you want.
>>
>>45295002
Play Limited
>>
>>45295002
Instead of buying packs, save the money and spend it on drafts
>>
>>45295039
oops forgot link, http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/patrick-chapins-100-colorless/#
>>
>>45295039
also black opens you up to despise/duress which you is almost mandatory when your opponent busts out a reflector mage or collected company
>>
>>45295142
and flaying tendrils in the SB
>>
File: uwot.png (318 KB, 3360x3684) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
318 KB, 3360x3684
>>45295165
>Still playing tendrils when the average creature in this standard are all 2/3
>mfw
>>
>>45295042
i already have a deck i want, i just find enjoyment/nostalgia from packs a bit.
>>45295100
yeah i'll probably just attend a draft soon
>>
>>45295213
it's good againt b/w monastery token spam, that one deck with zulaport cut throat/nantuko husk
>>
>>45295042
idk man, for a while i was going to walmart every week or so with a buddy, i'd get like 5 or 6 packs each time as a treat. pulled 3 ulamogs, a foil smoldering marsh, a kiora, an omnath. good pulls aside, it's okay to buy packs for fun.
>>
>>45295293
>good against rally
>"in response I sac all my board to my husk, drain for 10, scry 9 and draw 8"
>end of your turn I rally
>gg

nice tech bro
>>
>>45295244
Don't forget Sealed Deck before you start arguing that Draft isn't the same.
>>
>>45295384
i'm thinking more that you clear out the board before they have all the pieces in place, and then go in with your dumb eldrazi. probably wishful thinking on my part, i've been testing a similar deck and rally consistently pushes my shit in
>>
>>45295449
Rally is a retarded deck in a format with 0 playable graveyard hate card.
>>
Seen any Shadow over Innistrad spoilers?
>>
>>45295572
There's Anafenza and Kalitas
>>
>>45295689
Yes, and I like them.

I really hope we get some artifacts requiring C, though. My Kozilek EDH can always use more of good shit in that niche.
>>
Playing a really fun GB list. Whisperwood and Lilli are criminally underrated imo
>>
I fucking hate standard right now.
Draw-go control is unplayable because Eldrazi decks have inevitability, and all the other 3-4 color goodstuff decks can grind you out.

>You will never get to play Elixir / Revelation control in standard again
>>
>>45287622
I've been playing a URc deck that's basically about trying to get big, scary things out for cheaper costs. It's really jank and trying to find the proper line between exiling and processing is difficult
>>
>>45298241
At least the goodstuff bullshit will be toned back two notches once fetchlands rotate.
>>
>>45298241

>Draw-go control

Cancerous decks need not apply.
>>
Is there anything in the BFZ block that has synergy with Madness, since that mechanic's coming back in a few months?
>>
>>45298314
Madness counters Reality Smasher pretty hard.
>>
Does someoen have a link for a deckbuilder site? Thanks in advance.
>>
>>45298332
http://tappedout.net/mtg-deck-builder/
>>
>>45294658
>Even Tazri thinks Crawler's a qt
>>
>>45287622
Colorless Tempo
>>
R/W haste and prowess aggro. Nothing like swinging with Seeker of the Way at someone using Atarka and using Ride Down.
>>
>>45292326
No feedback? Anyone?

If it helps I'm considering adding in ruination guides to potentially replace the thought harvesters. I also don't know what to put in the side board. . .
>>
>>45287622
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-02-16-standard-jund/

Try mine out. Magmatic insight is a godsend.
>>
New set announced

>>45300178
>>
Playing Jeskai prowess this weekend. It hits very hard early game, then I hope to have Send to Sleep to pin down blockers to get my stuff through finish.

2 x Zurgo
4 x Swiftspear
4 x Stormchaser Mage
2 x Reflector Mage
2 x Elusive Spellfist
4 x Mantis Rider
2 x Thunderbreak Reagent

4 x Roast
4 x Defiant Strike
4 x Slip Through Space
3 x Titan Strength
4 x Send to Sleep

21 x Assorted Lands

I have two Abbot of Keral Keep, worth putting in? And what comes out?
>>
>>45300221
we bloodborne now
>>
Where do you guys buy singles? I've used starcitygames. Is there any cheaper place?

btw, shipping to norway, europe
>>
File: 1451356153152.jpg (582 KB, 800x1422) Image search: [Google]
1451356153152.jpg
582 KB, 800x1422
Playing B/W allies, because fuck spending any more money on this shit.
>>
>>45301145
Starcity is a bit pricy, but they are far more reliable than any small store.
>>
I'm playing U/B Aristocrats, my LGS is dominated by Rally and Red, I can keep up with red most of the time and I'm faster than Rally so no problems there either. I'm pretty happy with it.
On the side I'm trying to brew something with Demonic Pact but so far I don't have any good ideas.
>>
>>45296480
It's not graveyard hate. There is no payable card that interact with the graveyard
>>
>>45301188
Same but I don't plan on finishing it until Innistrad rolls around. Hoping for some rad vampire support since half the allies in BW Allies are vampires.
>>
>>45301188

I still have a BW warriors deck around, still potent.
>>
>>45298314
Chandra
>>
>tfw everyone at my local store only play EDH and Modern
Truly suffering. It's not even a small group, there's like 25 people and they ALL play these formats, and everyone seems to hate on standard.
>>
>>45301943
In our lgs it's just Tiny Leaders, some people play standard but it's usually 6-8 people during FNM while Tiny tournaments get ~22-25 people.
>>
Mono-Red Eldrazi. Went 4-0 at last FNM and am looking for doing it again tonight.

Creaturebase of Hangarbacks, Reshapers, ThoughtKnots, Smashers, Dark Dwellers, supported by 15 removal spells ranging from Fiery Impulse, to Warping Wail and Crater's Clawst.

Highlights of the deck include 8 Red/X Painlands, 4 Mirrorpools, and 4 Sea Gate wreckages.

I have won so many games off of Mirrorpool copies, whether it's ThoughtKnot, Smasher, or Firecraft.
>>
>>45301943
To be fair it's understandable why people fucking hate standard. It's expensive to keep up with and no one likes their decks cycling out. I think Standard will get better once some of the khans stuff cycles out but it's just kind of in a weird spot right now with all the block change stuff.
>>
>>45301424
Cranial Archive. If you have the kind of mana ramp people seem to be going for in this block, Ghastly Conscription.
>>
>>45302380
But I like playing competetive MTG, and competetive EDH is even more expensive to keep up with, right? A "good" standard deck goes for like $70-$80 right? Surely a good EDH deck is more expensive.

Then again I do like my decks rotating out, I like a changing meta.
>>
>>45291039

Ruin Diver is overrated imo. Have you tested Jeskai Elder? Great for prowess and budget.
>>
File: 1412893742231.jpg (46 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1412893742231.jpg
46 KB, 400x300
>>45302610
Standard's idea of maintaining balance works for it's favor and against it. The secondary market fucking kills it and so does Wizards for pandering to the god damn market so much. Mana fixing especially should not be an expensive part of the game. If anything fetches should have been uncommons at best. Planeswalkers are also another weird thing that fuck with the meta and price of the game. People see these expensive decks and get discouraged from attempting to play the game because it reads as "Money gives me wins"

I like the rotation because it allows for new metas but every competitive game has new metas. Yugioh is basically modern and they shift the meta by just going ham on the banlist every couple of months.

>A "good" standard deck goes for like $70-$80 right? Surely a good EDH deck is more expensive.
The issue with this analogy is that a good EDH deck will stay a good EDH deck potentially for a much longer time than standard. With standard you get maybe two years if lucky playing a deck you like. That's what bugs people. After those two years the deck can't keep up in other formats and is reduced to mostly kitchen table.

What standard needs to be is the format that is easiest for new players to come into and the idea of a huge expensive pay wall scares them.
>>
>>45294457
Disowned is okay in a strategy like that if you use extremely few of them, maybe just one. But yeah, use tough guys but don't let the deck depend on Formation too heavily.
>>
File: prowess.jpg (359 KB, 1092x755) Image search: [Google]
prowess.jpg
359 KB, 1092x755
pls gib tips
>>
>>45302380
I'm just waiting for the enevitable fight when I use cards in casual games of Standard that are exactly the same as ones with different names. If there is at least SOME difference, I'll use the new card, otherwise fuck you, I'm not buying 1 just because you put a new name on it. Fortunately, I'm more into Limited and Standard now than I was before, so it shouldn't be an issue for years.
>>
So there's a BFZ + Origins tournament on tomorrow, and I have no idea what to play. Just came back into MTG. I used to play Esper and Grixis back in the day, but I don't like where WB is these days, so I'm thinking about maybe just going GB Tempo. Basic idea is to play lots of creatures, pump them up and attack, while bouncing opponents creatures and ruining their tempo.

However it seems BFZ and Origins really have a lack of gold cards in general, with each two color combination only getting 4-6 gold cards each, with maybe two different styles of play facilitated.
>>
>>45301272

I ran BU Pact for about a month. It should be better with Grasp as a catch-all removal spell.

Basically, mostly Black with Jace, Disperse, Treasure Cruise, and Silumgar's Command. I was running a metric shit ton of hand disruption to make sure my Disperse's didn't get countered. Something like 3-4 Duress and then 2-3 of Despise/Transgress, 2 Maindeck Infinite Obliterations and some random fat finishers like Tasigur, DL Silumgar, and even an Erebos's Titan.

Worked pretty well for FNM.
>>
>>45302993

Four Jaces, obviously, but assuming you're a poorfag:

-1 Temur Battle Rage
+1 Treasure Cruise

-4 Reality Hemorrhage (seriously? This card sucks.)
-3 Disperse (almost as bad as the previous card)
+2 Roast (Better than Hemorr.)
+2 Clutch of Currents (better than Disperse)
+2 Anticipate (filling out your four "Jace's")
-3 Mountain (21 is probably fine if you're running 4 Anticipates)
+2 Shivan Reef (get over yourself. Consistency is better than color screw)
+2 Expedite (haste is not as important as the "free" prowess tringer, and Delve Fuel for Treasure Cruise)

Abbots should probably be in rather than Spellfist, but I hate Abbots so much, that I don't blame you.
>>
>>45303535
I understand the hate for everything else, but isn't roast a sideboard card? And even though reality hemorrhage seems garbage, it's won me a lot of games just because it can hit face over fiery impulse.
I took disperse for planeswalkers and for the fact that it's instant speed.
>>
http://deckstats.net/decks/47438/401487-black-eldrazi-ogw-standard-con?saved=1&lng=en

R8 it and hate it boys. Gonna use it on gameday and build on it as standard evolves.
>>
File: hKSiQrv.jpg (337 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
hKSiQrv.jpg
337 KB, 1680x1050
Does anyone know who this girl is? It's killing me. please help.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (11 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11 KB, 300x168
>>45303796
Another one.
>>
>>45303758
The trick with the Prowess decks is mana efficiency. You want to cast as many spells in a single turn as possible, and drop a 1 mana TCruise ASAP. Roast doesn't only kill Rhino, it kills Jace and Thopter Engineer, and Hangarbacks and Thought-Knot Seers and Tasigurs, etc. It basically reads: Kill any creature in standard other than a Mantis Rider Dragonlord, Worldbreaker, or Ulamog for 1R.

There are better cards for going to the face. I'm a huge proponent of Exquisite Firecraft, although I know the card has fallen out of favor. Maybe that's a possibility here, but 3cmc really hurts the deck as a whole. Maybe as a singleton to replace the 3rd Roast as a compromise?
>>
File: 1437767804336.jpg (544 KB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
1437767804336.jpg
544 KB, 2448x1836
Is there a chance that i won`t get raped if i bring a 5C Bring To Light deck without Jace and Nissa? My deck is a copy of Joe Loestts 4th place deck.

Also, does anyone have any lists like this?
>>
>>45304209
What about Devour in flames? It hits Archangel of tithes and planeswalkers which is probably my biggest problem at the moment.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
In the last 3 weeks I've played:
Abzan Company, 4C Rally, Esper Dragons, Abzan Blue, Mardu Green, and Jeskai Black.

I have two byes for GP Houston so that's what I'm preparing for. I'll be playing R/B Dragons. So far I love the deck. It stomps 4C Rally and a few others. It's really in a great place in the current meta.

Pic is just what foils I have in the deck. I need 2 game day thunderbreak regents.
>>
File: 1373402513900.png (210 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
1373402513900.png
210 KB, 361x361
>have basic idea for a deck
>buy enough cards that you can test multiple builds
>before cards arrive, find optimized build online
>half of the cards are ones you either didn't order or didn't order enough of

anybody know this feel?
>>
>>45291039

Here's my take on it: http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/yet-another-meme-prowess-deck/

Creature (16)
4x Abbot of Keral Keep
4x Elusive Spellfist
4x Monastery Swiftspear
4x Stormchaser Mage

Instant (14)
4x Dance of the Skywise
2x Fiery Impulse
4x Titan's Strength
4x Wild Slash

Sorcery (10)
2x Magmatic Insight
4x Slip Through Space
4x Treasure Cruise

Land (20)
4x Bloodstained Mire
3x Island
5x Mountain
4x Polluted Delta
4x Shivan Reef

The fetchlands aren't terribly necessary, maybe replace them with 4x Evolving wilds and more basics/fumarole?

Shu Yun and Jori feel like meme cards to me. Chandra might actually be decent, though. That said you can probably replace 1-2 abbot of keral keep/elusive spellfist for them. I think Dance of skywise is better than both brute strength and temur battle rage, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>45302542
"playable"
nigger please, a 2CMC Artifact then having to always leave 2 mana up and it doesn't even destroy the deck by exiling the graveyard it just shuffle their threats into the deck, making the deck just more obnoxious.
Last SCG Open, a guy had cranial archive out. Didn't prevent him to die badly because having to set you back by 2 mana every turn while they don't give a shit and beat you with value creatures doesn't seem like a good plan.
We would have needed something like a relic of progenitus.
>>
>>45305667
Hope u got those pia/kias for cheap, they are pretty pricey now
>>
>>45308110
Weren't they always in the 4-5 dollar range?
>>
Not playing anything right now, I'm trying really hard to make something with planeswalker Narset but everything I try just makes me feel like it would be better not to include her after all.
>>
How do I play against G/R ramp as abzan?
>>
Any way to make this abomination more playable? We bought with friend Eldrazi Assault and Surge of Resistance for fun and try to improve them with cards from boosters so I don't really want to make this too good. Any chance to upgrade this without using expensive cards and lot of rares?

http://deckstats.net/deck-9100396-57225554c28197494494843f7d2f39f3.html
>>
>>45309325
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-oath-of-the-gatewatch-updates-10-decks

see "eldrazi aggro"
>>
>>45287622
just built storm/twin
>>
>>45310794
>budget magic
>$200
>>
>>45311036
well the pro tour did spike some of those eldrazi
>>
>>45311097
even a week ago when thought nazis were $10 each his build would still be 180 burgers
>>
Haven't played Standard since Theros-Dragons but my LGS has a bunch of standard events coming up. Should I wait for Khans to rotate or try and get back in now? Or never again?
>>
File: 1451345447092.jpg (334 KB, 840x1102) Image search: [Google]
1451345447092.jpg
334 KB, 840x1102
>>45302775

>If anything fetches should have been uncommons at best.

Honestly, Standard would fit a fairly cost effective playstyle right now if it wasn't for the rare lands (Both the Fetches and the Zendikar Dual Lands) and Jace.

And to some extent Jace doesn't bother me as much (Even though he is more expensive) because he just makes a good deck better. There are several deck builds that the rare lands don't make "better", they make them viable at all in the first place and that's a HUGE problem. A person can crack open some Standard boosters and get enough tech to form the base of a G/R Landfall, B/W Lifegain or U/R Prowess deck. Not top tier but the theme will be there. You HAVE to do heavy purchasing to make any of the Four Color Goodstuff decks remotely possible.

Standard needs to get into a place where as the cards are rotated out all you need is either some minor modifications from the newest set to make common builds/themes viable again and/or cards from Modern sets to make the deck solid in Modern.
>>
>>45311036
>>45311131

>see "eldrazi aggro"

ya'll are looking at the wrong deck, I was talking about the second one. with what >>45309325
already has, it'll cost him 40 dollars tops, 20 if he skips the reality smashers and crossroads. you can switch in sludge crawlers for the endless ones and fiery impulese/wild slashes for exquisite firecraft.
>>
Can i use a card like Bring To Light to search up Exert Influence and take over one of their guys? if i say, pay 5 mana can i take Ojutai?
>>
Is the Magic 2014 game on steam a good way to get into magic without spending all that dosh on real cards?
>>
File: bringtolight[1].jpg (52 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
bringtolight[1].jpg
52 KB, 265x370
>>45311712
No, the card states the you "may cast the card without paying it's cost." There is no cost paid, so no colors of mana were spent to cast Exert Influence.
>>
>>45311766
no
>>
>>45303119
So this is the deck I came up with. I feel like the idea is solid but I may have fucked up a bit on the execution.

http://deckstats.net/deck-9101807-2d4938ebede1d5089bb2de0bffaa8b45.html
>>
>>45311766
Just go with a friend and buy an intro pack each. They're like $15-$20 depending on where you live.
>>
>>45305939
>buy a card
>before it gets there, go to fnm
>win some packs
>open the card
>>
>>45311712
>no

>yes, assuming its tapped and you're casting Exert from your hand for wubrg

>>45311766
it's a pretty good way to learn, but you'll want to get a friend and go grab some Deck Builder's Toolkits asap
>>
>>45305939
>have basic idea for a deck
>use proxis to test multiple builds
>find optimized build yourself/online
>order the cards

No sorry
>>
R8 my deck faggots

4x Kozilek
2x Reality Smasher
4x Birthing Hulk
4x Scion Summoner
4x Blisterpod
4x Nettle Drone
2x Mina and Denn
4x Reality Hemorrage
4x Call the Scions
4x Ruin In Their Wake
4x Wooded Foothills
4x Cinder Glade
6x Forest
6x Mountain
2x Wastes
>>
File: puma.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
puma.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
this card is SO broken in standard its not even funny
people never see this coming, by the time you drop it they've already lost
>>
>>45312773
pls repond ;_;
>>
>>45312773
>>45315611
(you)
>>
File: WITNESSED.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>45315611
>>45312773

RESPONDED
>>
>>45312773
The idea isnt very solid, none of those cards work well with each other at all, I think you were trying to do some sort of blue green control, but you also have a bunch of huge creatures and colorless stuff thrown in? You really should read up on the standard meta, and what makes decks good and why.
>>
>>45294457

You need Grim Contest bro.
>>
>>45287622
What's the future of burn/red sligh once KTK-FRF rotates?
>>
>>45314360
There are better 7 drops than Birthing Hulk, 4 Kozilek's is too many, you need some other big Eldrazi wincon, Nettle Drone probably won't make much of a difference, your whole strategy is easily interrupted, with any kind of removal, a lot of your cards are going to be dead in your hand, and finally, >Reality Hemmorage

3/10
>>
>friend took my G/B Warrior jank deck to FNM and went undefeated sweeping every round
Too bad I'm selling the CoCos for 13 bucks each.
>>
>>45287622
Just built splinter storm today
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/splinter-storm-3/

jank life

>>45316511
why not save them? they're a modern staple only going up
>>
>>45316560
They are? I thought it's price right now is due to a standard bubble because apparently Bant CoCo is good.
>>
>>45315872
It's basically supposed to be a tempo deck, hence the tapping and bouncing, with the huge dudes.
>>
>>45316569
Well eventually, probably will drop a bit after rotation but then they'll go out.

Vulnerable to being reprinted doe I guess as they're not plane specific
>>
>>45294457
Hooting Mandrills
Gurmag Angler
>>
I FUCKING HATE MEN
>>
>>45305667
Those Thunderbreak Dragons are beautiful :o
>>
>>45317953

You haven't lived until you have felt a jumbo dragon dildo bottom out in your asshole, dragon cock is the best thing their is.
>>
>>45303796
>>45303816
Just a random judge, who cares?
>>
>>45317937
>>45318013
isn't it just a -tad- early for this shit
>>
>>45289902
Got a list? I love seeker and Jace can fuck off
>>
File: 100182.jpg (25 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
100182.jpg
25 KB, 200x285
>>45318254
Sure thing, anon. Here you go:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-02-16-ofH-jeskai-prowess/
>>
Dragon Fodder.
4 Thunderbreak Regent,
4 Dragon Fodder,
4 Hordeling Outburst,
2 Goblinslide,
2 Sarkhan's Triumph,
4 Descent of the Dragons,
4 Draconic Roar,
4 Dragon's Servant,
4 Wild Slash.
>>
>>45301272
U/B Pact is sweet

>>45303419
disperse is good, crush of tentacles is less good but funnier and should have at least two of.
>>
>>45308110
You aren't kidding. They shot up ever since people realized they're good. I've gotten lethal on so many people because of that effect. Plus a 2/2 body with two 1/1 flyers for 4 is amazing.
>>45308110
That version is about $15 now.
>>
Oh my god I can't handle all this card advantage
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/22-01-16-esper-demonic-pact/
>>
>>45318335
aquire Become Immense already
>>
>>45318689
>4 ultimate price
Enjoy not being able to kill anything in this current meta.
>>
>>45318711
I don't want to play 4c prowess, anon.
>>
>>45305667
Do you have a decklist for your R/B Dragons deck :)
>>
File: 20160121_205348.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160121_205348.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Post youre trump cards
>>
>>45287622
Standard no longer even fires in my city. There are under 8 people with decks

What the fuck happened. And to top it off, I have class during the modern tournies
>>
File: image.png (606 KB, 1242x2208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
606 KB, 1242x2208
>>45318939
Here you go Anon. I'm using Tom Ross's list. Again, it's a great deck in the current meta. Basically says, I don't give a shit what you play, I'm flying over it.
>>
I'm playing this as an Ultra-Budget deck (<50$ + stays mostly legal after next rotation).

Thoughts ? I might acquire a Gideon soon to replace a Retreat.

Lands (23)

x4 Ally Encampment
x4 Caves of Koilos
x7 Plains
x5 Swamp
x3 Evolving Wilds

Creatures (28)

x4 Expedition Envoy
x4 Zulaport Cutthroat
x4 Serene Steward
x4 Kalastria Healer
x3 Kor Bladewhirl
x4 Drana's Emissary
x3 Lantern Scout
x2 Drana, Liberator of Malakir

Other Spells (9)

x4 Valorous Stance
x1 Ultimate Price
x2 Retreat to Emeria
x2 March from the Tomb

Sideboard

x3 Felidar Cub
x3 Ruinous Path
x3 Self-Inflicted Wound
x3 Surge of Righteousness
x3 Transgress the Mind
>>
>>45287966
it's terrible without Bile Blight though, how do you even deal with tokens?
>>
Is this ok? Beginner.

3 x Sunblade Elf
2 x Relic seer
1 x Knight of the white Orchid
1x Consul’s Lieutenant
1 x Cleric of the forward order
4 x Kinsbaile Skirmisher
1 x Undercity Troll
4 x Timberland Guide
2 x Knight of the pilgrim road
4 x Primal Huntbeast
1 x Rhox Maulers
4 x Divine Favor
4 x Nimbus Wings
1 x Reprisal
3 x Titanic Growth
10 x Plains
11 Forests
2 x Sunpetal Grove
2 x Selesnya Guildgate
>>
>>45321673
Is this... A Magic Duels deck ? Some of these cards aren't Standard legal.
>>
>>45321673
As long as this isn't intended for Standard, sure, its a fine casual deck
>>
>>45321701
Yes, is Magic Duels. Are there different rules for Magic Duels and standard?
>>
>>45321768

Standard only uses cards printed in the last few expansions
>>
>>45321768
Yes, a few.

- You can only play cards from the two latest blocks in Standard (the last 5 expansions).

- Magic Duels as a limitation on rarity. In Duels you can have ony x1 Mythics, x2 Rares and x3 Uncommon. In paper Magic you can have x4 copies of any card regardless of its rarity.

- Magic Duels doesn't have a true upkeep phase.
>>
File: Splatbooks_0.jpg (82 KB, 1112x720) Image search: [Google]
Splatbooks_0.jpg
82 KB, 1112x720
>>45319820
Weak sets. Wizards wants to make the game more easy on newer players by making weaker cards but in doing that has to make new versions of older cards with a bunch of new restrictions slapped on the text. There's also what I wrote here about deck construction and the cycling of sets that scare new players>>45302775

A lot of people I know are pretty sick of standard and are migrating to Force of Will. probably will too since I've decided to hold off finishing building my BW allies deck until innistrad 2 comes out. They find the current standard bland and expensive and everyone else would rather start building for Modern with the kind of money some decks in standard demand right now. Wizards needs to just make stronger cards. People don't want to be held back, they want to go ham.
>>
>>45321862
>Wizards needs to just make stronger cards. People don't want to be held back, they want to go ham.

OGW and BFZ destroyed Modern. Look at the last PT. I mean, I didn't see shit like this since Mirrodin. People are seriously asking for even more powerfull stuff ?
>>
>>45321941
Breaking modern=! Fixing Standard

More importantly, standard also needs to be easy to introduce people into that want to play Magic. The sets as a whole need to be bumped up. There's a bunch of busted stuff for modern but it's not nearly as abusable as it is in standard which leaves standard still in the state it is in.

Modern prices potentially mess with Standard and contribute to what I previously said about price of decks for mediocre results.

Oath as a whole is a pretty "okay" set. It's just good stuffs and isn't enough to make people excited for standard when we're still playing with jank from Dragons and Battle.
>>
>>45322070
standard isn't exactly weak.

last week I played Jeskai Ascendancy Combo, using Rattleclaw's and ELemental Uprising a Tri-color land to "go off" infinitely with draw cards.

I absolutely crushed everyone, I killed a motherfucker turn 3 using just rattleclaw and the perfect draws.

I even took out Atarka Red and Rally.

this was my theme when I finally fucking busted the Rally player who's probably the best at our particular store.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5wJMKmtbkU
>>
>>45321665
Pls respond ;_;
>>
>>45321665
okay, let me see here.

cut all of the fucking Expedition Envoy's

cut 1 Serene Steward, cut 1 Bladewhirl

add 2 Ayli, she isn't super expensive.

add 2 to 3 Cliffhaven Vampire's.

on spells.

cut 2 Valorous Stance
cut the Ultimate Price

add in 2 Grasp of Darkness.
>>
>>45322368
3, 3 grasp of darkness.

also add in 1-3 Captain's Claws.

believe me.
>>
>>45322368
>Ayli

But she isn't an ally. Is she that good ?

Captain's Claws seems great, I'll definitly make some cuts to some it in, maybe the Emerias.

Why don't you like the Envoys ? They are cheap allies to get triggers.
>>
>>45322518
nigga when you get to 30 life you can start exiling shit with her.

also you don't play Envoy's because the deck just doesn't need them with Captain's claws.

they are filler slots in a deck that doesn't need filler.
>>
>>45287622
Playing white black eldrazi displacer midrange. Won last chance gpt at gp vancouver last week so just so you guys know I'm basically the hottest shit ever.
My deck was so fly they took me up for a deck tech even though it was a limited gp.
>>
Captains claws is horrible. Literally unplayable card, anyone who thinks it is half decent is basically automatically a shitter
>>
>>45298314
Jace, which I believe would still be legal. Also if madness is actually good in this set I could see the discard function on k command to be a lot worse.
>>
>>45322070
>he's not playing jank from oath
Laughing bitches.gif
>>
>>45303796
Her name is niccolette I believe. She judges events in the northeast. She was in columbus at the most recent open and at gp cleveland. She's very "matronly" when you see her in person. Like she has meat in her bones but it's not really a bad thing
>>
>>45321941
Are you seriously implying cards like drowner of hope or eldrazi obligator are even mediocre, never mind powerful? Te cards in question are garbage, the actually broken cards are all from the last zendikar block. Which by the way they understood at the time. You know how eye of ugin says colourless eldrazi spells on it? All the colored eldrazi in roe are actually colored. Not like drowner of hope and friends. Whoops.

In zen block all the eldrazi were either 9999 cmc or had a color, return to zendikar introduced not just devoid eldrazi at lower cmc but also just actually colourless eldrazi at lower cmc. Fucken lol @ anyone who thinks eldrazi mimic is a powerful card.
>>
anyone draft here? I'm going to one tonight, any tips?
>>
>>45313181
I refused to purchase kali tas because of this. I opened one up several days later
>>
>>45322756
>>45313181
>Buy Kalitas online for $4 weeks ago
>Open one today
>Sell it for $30

Are you guys stupid?
Like what the fuck is wrong with free money retards?
>>
>>45322750
Before you sit down, pick a color or two. These are the colors you will draft. Don't let anything change your mind once you start drafting or else your draft will be shitty cuz you changed your mind halfway through. Name's Thomas, you can thank me later when you win your pod.
>>
>>45321667
Virulent Plague maybe
>>
>>45287622
Naya is where my heart lies
>>
>>45322910
What token deck even is there? You're fucking orzhov war, just attack with your team of menace double striking hardcore motherfuckers and try and tell me how you lose to "tokens" whatever that even means
>>
>>45322803
unless you are getting clear indicators of being cut
>>
So do boxes have any set ratio on pulls or are the mythics and holos all random? Is it even possible to make your money back on most sets?
>>
>>45319820
>go to fnm before BFZ release
>atarka red and abzan
>go to fnm before OGW release
>atarka red, abzan, and four color goodstuff
>go to fnm last week
>atarka red, abzan and four color goodstuff with one guy playing colorless eldrazi

Nobody who plays Standard primarily wants to invest at least a hundred into mana and nobody who plays Standard secondarily don't want to see the same few decks over and over again over the course of two blocks.
>>
Coming back to magic recently, stopped following around DTK, was playing G/W heroic deck. What the fuck is all this colorless Eldrazi bullshit? This is really fuckin gay, should I just wait until the new block?
>>
>>45323668
>should I just wait until the new block?
Yeah
>>
>>45323668
Yeah, new block drops in like 2 months so wait until then. If it still looks like shit then just don't bother with Standard I guess.
>>
How good will the format get once Khans rotates out?
>>
>>45323730
Nobody knows. I'm going to guess ally color driven because the Commands are still going to be in standard and those cards are fucking good.
>>
>>45323730
>No more 4-5Colorsgoodstuff.deck
FINALLY
>>
>>45323952

Don't forget jace. Four of in every deck that can play blue. 200+ jaces in the top 64 of every event. 80 bucks each. God bless standard.
>>
What color combinations do you think are the best Villains?
>>
>>45324052
with the madness and delirium keywords Jace is becoming eve more busted.
Buy your playset quick before they get to 100$ each
>>
>>45324131
colorless
>>
File: tumblr_mkpb1vMKGQ1rd7nmmo1_500.png (462 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mkpb1vMKGQ1rd7nmmo1_500.png
462 KB, 493x750
>>45324131
White and Black.

Colorless is cool too but that isn't a color.
>>
>>45324131
Orzhov familia
With best waifu
>>
I wanted to make an Awaken and I've been searching around for one. I found this:

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-rising-roil-1/

I like it, though I know people who don't. What do you guys think of this list? Is there anything that I should add to improve? Perhaps change a few cards?
>>
x3 Hangarback Walker
x4 Zulaport Cutthroat
x2 Liliana, Heretical Healer
x2 Siege Rhino
x1 Reality Smasher

x3 Silkwrap
x3 Oath of Gideon

x3 Dromoka's Command
x3 Immolating Glare
x4 Secure the Wastes

x3 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
x3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
x2 Ob Nixilis Reignited

SB Includes Hallowed Moonlight, Surge of Righteousness, and Infinite Obliteration. I'd like to include more removal in the mainboard with Murderous Cut but I'm not sure what to drop from the list to make room.
>>
>>45324052
As >>45324143 mentioned, Madness will certainly make loot effects stronger. With that said, a lack of fetchlands means that you won't see Jace's flipping nearly as early as you do now. Coupled with what is almost sure to be better removal (if there isn't a shock variant in SoI I would be very surprised) it MIGHT not be as ubiquitous as it is now.
>>
>>45292105
>not running Collected Company along with Reflector Mage

Be a dick, I know you can.
>>
>>45324052
>>45325886

I kinda hope when Jace invariably shows up in Shadows they tune him in a way that having both him and the Origins version is highly counterproductive. Combining that with the Fetch Lands rotating out it could help Standard a ton.
>>
http://deckstats.net/decks/47438/401487-black-eldrazi-ogw-standard-con/en

I NEED SOME TIPS AND TRICKS IM BRINGING THIS BAD BOY TO A TOURNAMENT.

Also, how crazy am I for running 4 sunken hollows solely to sideboard dispel against abzan aggro and collected company?
>>
>>45287622
>Noyan dar ascendancy
It's based on the interaction between Noyan Dar and Jeskai Ascendancy coupled with a bunch of draw spells to win with a bunch of huge hasted lands. It's a lot of fun, still undecided what to do with OGW though. Jori En might be a good addition.
>>
What is a plane?
>>
File: Stoneforge-Masterwork.png (183 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
Stoneforge-Masterwork.png
183 KB, 265x370
>Go to shop today to get my Gatewatch cards from winning FNM (Were sold out on Friday)
>Get two Stoneforge Masterworks
>Looking through U/R Prowess Deck
>All my creatures are Human

I kinda want to Sideboard them in for hilarity's sake.
>>
>>45328411

I noticed this too, the whole deck is Human Wizards and Monks. Ultimately it's not worth running though since it doesn't add any delve/jace fuel
>>
>>45326813

I hope they tune Jace around the investigation theme of the set, maybe his +ability could generate clue tokens
>>
>>45328411
Odds are you'll only have 1-2 creatures in play.

Captain's Claws would be stronger 100% of the time.
>>
Thoughts on Shambles Back? Seems pretty good in a black control shell. Synergizes well with Kalitas. Black may be the strongest color coming out of rotation with all the good tools it has
>>
I wanna start playing magic more and start taking it a bit serious. But i really don't wanna spend a ton of $ on cards that will be dead in like 2 months. Should i just wait until rotation?
>>
>>45329503
Erebos's Titan loves that card. It also loves Madness.
>>
File: Image.ashx.png (124 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.png
124 KB, 223x311
Currently Running RW Ally Equips.
It's still slower than RU Prowess, but with the right draw it scales very well.
My favorite matchup is Eldrazi, I run this, Kor Bladewhirl and Lithomancer's Focus as sideboard.
>>
>>45329791
yes? seems like an obvious choice. to play decks rn you would need fetchlands, which are expensive. on the other hand if you have like, a real fucking job, the fetchlands are good to have in the long term since they are played in modern and i guess every other format ever. they won't go down in price ever either. there's still no real reason to buy khans or fate cards right now when they are about to rotate out I guess, but almost all of them other than fetchlands are relatively cheap at the moment. It would depend on what you are building.

it's not exactly tier 1 but you could just play red deck wins.
>>
>>45330436
man I wish people tried to play draft decks at my local standard fnm lmao
could use some free wins
>>
>>45311712
No, but you can grab a jace.
>>
>>45321941
OGW and BFZ didn't break modern.

Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple did.
>>
>>45333050

Eye of Ugin and Eldrazi Temple wouldn't have done anything without cheaply costed Eldrazi.
>>
>>45333204
And the cheaply costed Eldrazi wouldn't have done anything without Eye and Temple.

What's your point.
>>
>>45333219

That it's dumb to say it's one or the other when it's the combination of both. But that means that OGW and BFZ cards had a hand in "breaking" modern, while the original post incorrectly stated otherwise.
>>
>>45334780

I cast counterspell
>>
>>45287622
Come on SOI! I'm a Mulch and Zombify reprints away from BG Reanimator being a contender.
>>
File: path.png (25 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
path.png
25 KB, 284x284
>>45334795
Counterspell isn't white you fuckwit.
>>45334780
Path to exile targeting the pawn
>>
File: chess.png (62 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
chess.png
62 KB, 284x284
>>45335003
Bile Blight your pawns.
>>
Will Innistrad replace fetches with something even worse? Will WotC find a way?
>>
File: THE FISHERMAN.jpg (132 KB, 650x852) Image search: [Google]
THE FISHERMAN.jpg
132 KB, 650x852
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/echo-company-1/ Tear me a new one with your criticism TG
>>
>>45335811
Fetches that enter tapped, or:

Red Tree

R, Sacrifice: Search for a forest
G, Sacrifice: Search for a mountain
<><>, Sacrifice: Search for a mountain or forest
>>
>>45332502
If you don't have a couple of Kolaghan Commands, it's not that easy.
And I'll get a Boros Nahiri Equips matter in SoI, just you wait.
>>
>>45336045
Wasteland Strangler only works after you were able to use Complete Disregard because you don't run anything with Ingest. You should free some space on your sideboard for more specific threats like Siege Rhino, Anafenza and mirror matches against Eldrazi. You're in for some trouble against Reality Smasher.
>>
Got a 2HG sealed tourney with 2x 4OGW/2BFZ on saturday.

What's the most viable deck combination to aim for? My teammate is usually green oriented with either red or white as his secondaries while I'm used to the usual blue douchebaggery with whatever other colors work.
>>
>>45336960
Surge ur is amazing,I did 4-0 in the prerelease. A Goblin freerunner into isle avenger is a very strong start, coupled with removal, and counterspells while your friend develops his board. My team was ur and bw btw.
Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.