[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #669: Post It Note Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 1444809953408.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1444809953408.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44941678
>>
>>44956807
Jumpers I have a question that's been on my mind after I looked at my chain. Has anyone made a chain where it went into a completely different direction from what you originally planned?
>>
File: image.png (588 KB, 1024x1199) Image search: [Google]
image.png
588 KB, 1024x1199
Bioshock (Original) Jump question, ADAM packages 1-3 all say increasing number of Plamids and Tonics you can get for free. Do they stack? Like if you buy 1, 2, & 3 do you get 10 Plamids & 10 Tonics free?
>>
>>44956928
Pretty sure they do. I also think that in Burial at Sea you could use EVE or Salts to recharge your powers, so if you grab the Tonics that help regen EVE you will also refill your Salts for Bioshock Infinite Vigors.

Despite being very similar I'm not sure if Vigorous from Bioshock Infinite would make you any better as using Plasmids. I assume it would, but there's no note of cross-jump interaction in either jump, so one of the jump makers would probably have to confirm it.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 742x1076) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 742x1076
>>44956980
Thanks I'll just have to assume they stack otherwise it would be kinda waste of CP.
>>
File: 1452741130402.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452741130402.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>44956827
Only in that I intended to do 100 jumps, in roughly escalating power and then quit...356 jumps later and I'm still adding to the chain.
>>
>>44956827
I decided to do a Jump where I would be the embodiment of purity and good. I ended up being corrupted in a purchase screen. Fukou da.
>>
hey is Dragonball a good first jump
>>
>>44956827
I'm still on my first chain and its going no where I thought it would.

I just wanted a garden. Now I'm a father of 200+ adopted beings, a godly chef, and have totally sick hair. I also have a bitchin space ship.
>>
File: image.png (156 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
image.png
156 KB, 600x477
>>44957300
No. Dragonball is the end jump. It's literally the last jump.
>>
>>44957090
>>44957314
How do you guys manage to do so many jumps in a chain? Generally by the time I've done 20 or 30 jumps (max I've managed is 50) my Jumper has a painful number of powers and is transcendentally intelligent/socially skilled, and I lose interest 'cos it hurts to write about such a blatant mary sue.

I also have no idea what an experienced Jumper would actually want to do/how they would do it, because unfortunately I'm not a fuckin' skilled-in-every-area hyperintelligence.
>>
>>44957449
I find that sticking to a certain theme for my perk purchases rather than just going straight for the most powerful ones helps to keep it interesting, also avoiding personality perks helps to avoid becoming a sue
>>
>>44957449
I mostly got a theme going and stick to that theme. I pick up a lot of gardening, teaching and cooking skills.

I also don't pick up every power there is. Generally I like to ignore most of them for the majority of the Jumps just so it doesn't get boring as a Mary Sue.
>>
>>44957481
>I find that sticking to a certain theme for my perk purchases rather than just going straight for the most powerful ones helps to keep it interesting,
This.

>>44957449
See above, narrative trumps power gaming and min/maxing for long term fun.
>>
>>44956928
>>44956993
Themore pictures I see of this frog the more disgusting and perverted it seems.
>>
>>44957449
By deliberately leaving any jumps that I hear people talking about picking up epic level abilities in to the last ones in my chain.
Also by taking a lot of redundant perks, just in case I end up in some bizarre jump with odd laws of physics/magic, or feel like taking a drawback that limits me.
Like if the jump I'm in has a technology cap at Earth standard or "local tech level only", then just yelling "nanomachines, son!" won't do me any good unless I understand all the tech that leads up to that level as well.
>>
If I get an item with plus 8 str in d&d can I improve its +str via wish?
>>
>>44956993
Its just... a giant tongue... that's a scarf.

How does it not snag on things? Does it really taste everything?! Can't it go back inside its own body?!?
>>
File: antispiralhuman.jpg (48 KB, 383x420) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman.jpg
48 KB, 383x420
>>44957449
>>44956827
For me, these questions kinda tie into each other, actually.

Back when I started out, I started off treating each jump basically like a Shadowrunner operating on cartoon physics 'cos I figured I'd take the "entertain the nigh-omnipotent benefactor" thing pretty seriously. I didn't really have a higher motivation than "holy shit it's that thing from (vidya/show/book I read/know about), I wanna poke it to see what happens" and because I acquired a cyborg ninja package early on, I just sorta assumed I ran everywhere like a hyperactive kid on the ultimate tourist trip. Maybe it's because I didn't spec in hyperintelligence right off the bat, but vaguely I figured my early days were defined by the novelty of the whole thing.

This all changed when someone finally explained Ravenloft to me. I realised I'd done goofed, and started to think about the psychological consequences for an immortal traveller with PTSD, the idea being "I" kept jumping partly out of survivor's guit, partly out of denial. This both influenced and served to retroactively justify my taking of, well, edgier CP purchases I would otherwise consider insane to actually take willingly.

So somewhere around the 30 jump mark I started defining my Jumper less and less by my own traits and more the effects of events that happened during the journey that might influence his mindset and ambitions. This was especially relevant after Dune, where I rolled A God I Am-which is around the time I figured he would finally verge on deciding to keep jumping for a higher purpose in his mind defined by what he thinks of as mistakes of the past and old shames. I figured the combination of willpower, stone cold killer and purity of heart (Skullgirls, look it up) perks I'd stacked into one character made for a control freak and perfectionist who can't really understand the concept of letting go.

Hence why I used the AS as an avatar rather than, say, Dr Manhattan.
>>
>>44957588
Just to remind everybody that our Friendly Anti-Spiral Anon is currently OOC.

Note the use of the singular "I" and "my".

You'll know when he goes Anti. You wouldn't like him very much when he goes Anti.
>>
>>44957529
Is it because of the tongue scarf?
>>
File: antispiralhuman3.jpg (24 KB, 459x279) Image search: [Google]
antispiralhuman3.jpg
24 KB, 459x279
>>44957588
Anyway. To summarise, ever since Dune I've defined what my Jumper's reactions in an individual jump would be through a combination of:

1. What he considers important to reaching the goal he's set himself-and for that matter, reasons that could persuade him to expand or redefine that goal
2. Characters and issues that force him to challenge his rather myopic worldview, mostly by reminding him of his past and
3. Drawbacks/circumstances otherwise outside of his control

as a general way of gauging what he'd do/want in a given jump
>>
>>44957575
Playing by D&D rules, no. An attribute enhancement of +8 or greater requires Epic level magic, which Wish is not.
But I'm sure there are ways around that.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 1024x872) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 1024x872
>>44957580
Why would it snag on things?
The tastebuds are probably in back the mouth, rather on the tongue.
Yeah.
>>
>>44957575
>>44957641
At that point just wish for a + 50 str belt or something. Wish has no limits
>>
>>44956827
>>44957588
I like to roll a 1d100 for how the ten years in-setting affects my Jumper's mental health before I start writefagging. I find this helps keep the Mary Sue away, and leads to some really interesting situations.

On my most recent chain (which has a 'horror monster' theme), one of the early jumps was the SCP Foundation. Rolled an 8, so poor Jumper ended up with a severe mistrust of authority and an overwhelming fear of reading.

Next-- Lovecraft. I wanted to pick up a Night-gaunt alt-form and that super-entropy power...

Rolled a natural 1.

So yeah, within the span of two jumps that Jumper pretty much become a mess of phobias and deep-seated issues. He sunk deeper into crazy over the next few jumps, but after a while he started recovering and at the moment is pretty much a sane (but fragile), decent person.

Certainly not where I was expecting the chain to go, but I've had a whole lot of fun writing it.
>>
>>44957679
It would snag because of how long and floppy it is.
>>
>>44957720
>wish has no limits

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wish.htm
>Even wish, however, has its limits.

You can't wish for a +50 str belt. You can't even wish for a +6 str belt, because it's over the 25,000gp price limit.
>>
File: image.jpg (410 KB, 811x2271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
410 KB, 811x2271
>>44957726
It would seem that it's prehensile.
>>
File: Lewd.png (636 KB, 2500x2641) Image search: [Google]
Lewd.png
636 KB, 2500x2641
>>44957726
>>
File: bone golem 2.jpg (339 KB, 612x811) Image search: [Google]
bone golem 2.jpg
339 KB, 612x811
>>44947215

They're pretty freaking cute, I'll agree with you there. (Hate normal rats though, for various legit and semi-legit reasons)

>>44949476

There will be a few different ways to get various different armor sets from the game, yeah.

>>44949702

Usually the witch hat from Soul Eater, if that doesn't sound too much like self-shilling. I like witch-hats, it's thematic if you take it as a witch, it doesn't pop off your head unless you want it too, and can be summoned back into your hand if lost or destroyed. It's not something amazing that gives you special abilities, but you're never gonna have to worry about it or lose the damn thing, and I enjoy that.

>>44951178

City of Heroes I think has a strength perk that makes wailing on kaiju with your bare hands a legit strategy iirc.

>>44953032

Magitech, especially the Shaping Magic + Genetic Engineering Tech variety. [spoilers]Sweet, sweet monster lab.[/spoiler]

>>44957449

What everyone else has said, pick a theme and stick to it. It also helps if there's some kind of secondary goal you can carry between Jumps besides "Survive until the End Jump". Something you personally find enjoyable. For me, this means picking perks specifically for making better/cooler monsters, letting me use my chain as a way play around with different creature concepts as I progress.
>>
How does ductape fusion work? Do I just wrap two things in ductape get a flash remove ductape and boom! One item?
>>
A question about the Fallen London jump.

The perk "Honey-blooded" mentions that it gives you visions that inspire you to be more persuasive and watchful. How intrusive are these visions? Is it full-blown hallucinations, or is it just seeing a shape or two every once in a while?
>>
File: false shepherd.jpg (47 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
false shepherd.jpg
47 KB, 500x639
To the guy asking about the Amnesa drawback from Bioshock Infinite last thread either is fine.

Depends on whether the 'you' being referred to is you specifically or you and all your companions collectively but that sort of comes down to who sees the options for the jumps pre-jumping. I think most people assume that companions aren't involved in the decision making process so wouldn't know the options of the jump before the jump so the 'you' can safely be assumed to just be you in these cases.

>>44957449
Heart of a Child from Narnia can help, take it early and you'll retain some sense of identity and your priorities regardless of how weird you end up. Puts you into a bit of a state of arrested development but it lets you still be interested in a setting you liked as a kid 400 years down the line and so I find it pretty invaluable. It also goes some way to explain why a cosmic omniversal entity is willing to go to school to hang out with the protagonists.
>>
>>44956148
Now I'm wondering if a Generic Edutainment Show Jump along the lines of Generic Cooking Show would be viable. Or is that niche already filled by YouTube?
>>
>>44957984
There's no reason it /couldn't/ be it's own thing. An Edutainment Jump could be expanded to encompass a lot of things: childrens shows, documentaries, producing/fundraising for shows.

There's potential there for whoever wants to fiddle with it.
>>
File: fuse.png (11 KB, 993x133) Image search: [Google]
fuse.png
11 KB, 993x133
>>44957967
It takes time, and it does not look pretty.
>>
>>44958020
I just assume that it makes functional abortion-aesthetic stuff like Fallout 4.
>>
>>44958031
>abortion-aesthetic
What is that? Also you could always alchemy it pretty afterwards.
>>
>>44958020
Implied to be fine if the things look relatively similar though.

Two similar looking swords would probably just make a sword that looked somewhere between the two of them. A highlighter and an ostrich would probably combine to be immensely disturbing to view.
>>
File: fallout-4-gun-crafting-guide.jpg (207 KB, 1671x935) Image search: [Google]
fallout-4-gun-crafting-guide.jpg
207 KB, 1671x935
>>44958062
The crafting system is mostly "stick thing on thing or replace with other thing." It's possible to make guns that look good, but it's very easy to make guns that... don't.
>>
>>44958062
>>abortion-aesthetic
>What is that?
Messy, not very put together and all-around unpleasant to look at.
>>
Jumpers speaking of abortion aesthetic what was the most hideous thing you have ever created?
>>
Tower of God question!

So Unchosen Irregular puts a target on your back, and makes people in jump more or less hate you. Right?

What would happen if you took that origin, and then bought A King's Chosen out of tree? In my head I'm seeing King's of Egypt meets the War of the Roses, where people recognize you as royalty but you're a devisive figure who just causes shit wherever he goes. People couldn't move against you in public, but you'd be an enormous target for cloak and dagger shit.

Does that read about right?
>>
>>44958262
Do accidental creations counts? Because in my previous chain I tried to splice Kryptonian and Martain DNA into one of my companions. It didn't end well, thankfully I had enough kryptonite to stop him before I ended up recreating the ending of Akira.
>>
>>44958120
The mod that removes all recombination limitations allows for some really cool guns.
>>
>>44958413
Nice watchcap, but I prefer my tricorne.
>>
>>44958413
Which mod is that?
>>
What's the difference between the various Sonic eras?
>>
>>44958498
Classic is pretty cartoony and lighthearted as typical of 90s platformers.
Adventure starts out pretty lighthearted and starts curving towards edgy.
Modern starts out really edgy and then curves back towards lighthearted.

They exist in that order; if you start in Adventure, then the events of Classic have already happened and are canon as existing in the past, and if you hung around long enough you'd eventually start moving into the beginning parts of Modern.
>>
>>44958544
So if you start in classic does that mean that your jump turns to edge toward the end?
>>
Can someone please explain how noble phantasms work? Are they the physical weapon or can they be used with any weapon of the same type?
>>
>>44958599
They are Deus ex Machina in cheap makeup and adorably poorly made cosplay.
>>
>>44958599
They can be a weapon, piece of armor, or ability, or simply facet. They're representations of parts of a legendary / mythological being's story, like King Arthur's Excalibur.

Not that they're supposed to make any sense to begin with, I suppose. How the hell are the Trials supposed to give Hercules extra lives.
>>
>>44958571
It was the 90's, everything turned towards edge.
>>
>>44957779
Christ, Many, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
>>
>>44958721
I gotta agree with this guy many you may need to ease off the throttle a bit.
>>
>>44958695
Blut is not sharp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
>>
...Welp, guess I'm not going Greninja next build. Thanks for making it weird, guys.
>>
So if I have a cp bought space ship and I fill ot with stuff does that stuff follow me to the next jump or does it just disapper?
>>
>>44958854
That's a fanwank. Do what you want and dont tell.
>>
>>44958854
I don't think we've ever ruled on that. I think it's fair to say it goes into the Warehouse unless it's part of the ship (not just fixtures, but things like ship furniture, cooking or dining implements, and so on), or it won't fit, in which case it's jettisoned.
>>
>>44958885
>>44958854

Basically "nail it down" if you want to be sure. Maybe balance your fusion core on top of a stack of magical artefacts and replace the stove with the bound Avatar of Elemental Evil Fire.
>>
Is there a chance of eventually growing to become a Level 6 Esper, or at least gaining wings like Accelerator?
>>
>>44959008
Time wanks all fans, m'boy.
>>
>>44959008
Not in the jump itself, but out of it yes.
>>
>>44959008
My understanding was if you want to do that sort of stuff, you can't do that with just your in-jump powerset alone. You'll have to do really weird things involving harvesting crystal extract from esper brains, and maybe cloning yourself over and over again and synchronising your Esper powers together.
>>
File: dudewat.jpg (156 KB, 1185x720) Image search: [Google]
dudewat.jpg
156 KB, 1185x720
>>44959027
>Time wanks all fans

I know what you were going for, but damn son-thanks for that mental image
>>
>>44959043
Wait, wasn't Accel going to get there by fighting a bunch of strong opponents, or failing that, killing a fuckton of Sister clones?
>>
>>44959008
Gaining wings is possible given enough time, or so I've heard. Level 6 is pretty much impossible though, until post-spark at least.
>>
>>44959194
I don't think that was ever the intention of the project. The whole thing was an excuse to spread the clones around the world to expand Crowley's AIM Field so he could manifest Aiwass.
>>
>>44959194
I thought she got there, at least temporarily, because she was experimented on and tampered with.

>>44959207
>Level 6 is pretty much impossible though, until post-spark at least.
Rationale or ruling please. I'm not familiar with the source material beyond some half-assed reading, so any information you can provide is appreciated.
>>
>>44959194
That was the intent, but Accel was always a special snowflake even among espers. He always had the potential to be hax, slaughtering biribiris just unlocked his potential way faster. Even before that, he was basically untouchable.
>>
>>44959207
Actually, if I remember correctly, I think it was said while Misaka was being synched with the Network that anyone other than Accel reaching a certain percentage of Level 6's power would explode and take the world with them. Or something to that affect.

So even if you can reach it, you may want to avoid doing so.
>>
>>44959229
Level 6 has been said to be the equivalent of a Magic God. Now, that's actually pretty bullshit given that Level 5 already gives you so much, so I can understand the ruling made on it a few months back.

Yes, there's been a ruling on this and Maijin stuff, so you need post-spark to get this apparently.

In addition, if you want canon justification, it's been said that only Accel can reach Level 6 without things going unstable. You only have Misaka's potential (which in the grand scheme of esper things is already pretty generous) so you're out of luck.
>>
>>44959008
>>44959194

There's something very important you need to remember. The number of actual Level 6 espers in the series and not just 'weird wing stuff and other spontaneous weird transformations' is absolutely none.

So basically the only information on it is 'some people think it might be possible' and 'it never occurred.'

I'm not Reploid, but having a completely non-existent so far power available seems like it would be a bad idea.
>>44959229

As I mentioned above in series a Level 6 esper is a completely hypothetical thing that has never occurred at all.
>>
>>44959229
Unlocking Level 6 is supposed to be something only achievable the the strongest Espers, and upon reaching it, makes them into virtual gods.

...That is, that's what i've gathered from reading some websites about it.
>>
>>44959300
>gain phenomenal cosmic power
>blow up the world in the process
Welp, looks like I figured out my Commorragh plan.
>>
>>44959338
That includes you mate. Don't get sent back to Earth over this, it's not worth it.

>>44959329
The strongest Esper, actually. And that's a big 'what if', so he'll probably never reach it.
>>
>>44959329
>>44959326
>>44959325
Cool. Thanks for the infodump.

By the way, wasn't the jump maker working on a revamp that would allow jumpers to take the Magic Index as well as the Raildex without ending your chain?
>>
>>44959368
He was, but apparently Reploid's been rather busy as of late. Don't expect anything soon, considering that the revamp involves an imaged and revamped Index.
>>
>>44959390
Meh, alright.

Thanks for the update.
>>
>>44959325
>Maijin
Wait, what about becoming an Impure Majin, like Ollerus? That's like a hundred orders of magnitudes less powerful than a pure Majin who's overcome the Omnipotence Paradox.
Closer to Acqua tier bullshit than Othinus.
>>
>>44959368
>ending your chain
Huh?
>>
>>44959490
No clue, but given that both jumps were meant to be balanced with each other, and the few things Index actually grants you (you're only an average mage, or one with some powerful gimmick at best), I'd doubt it's feasibility.
>>
>>44959368
>>44959506

If I remember correctly it was less ending your chain and more that the original ruling was 'if you take one the other has to be a lot closer to the end of your chain'.

Which seems really complicated.
>>
>>44951761
You can in fact become a candelabra and revert back without dying. So yes, your brain is no longer tied to you body- immediately.

Stay a candelabra to long and a candelabra you will be.
>>
>>44959506
If you take one of the Index jumps, you can't take the other until right before the end of your chain. Your second Index jump, by direction of the jump maker, has to be your second to the last jump.

So, in effect, you can't take both without ending your chain.
>>
>>44959557
>>44959567
That's Bullshit.
>>
>>44959008
We don't exactly know. You can definitely get about regular Level 5 though up to where Accelerator is hanging out, what with the weird angel power boost or Misaka's weird space alien transformation. That's still not Level 6 though.
>>
>>44959599
Yet that's what the jump maker put out, and they're his jumps.
>>
Are there any perks that let you lift and move very large things without them falling apart, comic book style?
>>
>>44959599
Granted that you were only supposed to take one of the two, that's a compromise you were never meant to make. Take only one if it rustles your jimmies so much.
>>
>>44959325
>Level 5 already gives you so much
It doesn't give you much of anything. If you know the setting, Level 5 is mid-tier Magician at best.
>>
File: 1452816485444.gif (1017 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1452816485444.gif
1017 KB, 200x200
what are you guys' builds? do you have a specific style when choosing your perks and items or do you like being a more versatile jack of all?

do you typically drop-in more than choosing a preexisting background?

personally i've been trying to get into unarmed, i'll always have my fists by my side when i'm weaponless and i just like the idea of punching shit. thing is, i can't find a whole lot of jumps that actually reference unarmed combat directly. any jumps that will make me a master of hands and feet?
>>
>>44959642
Didn't Misaka fight on par with a saint? That's not mid tier magician.
>>
>>44959642
Compared to the average esper, or most magicians they are. Magicians aren't as powerful as you think they are, there are many that are like Level 3s, or even Level 2s or 1s. Look at the Agnese Forces. The magicians shown in the series are just the better ones, given that most of it takes place in Academy City and at very high power levels.
>>
>>44959677
The way you're phrasing it, you're painting Level 5 as more impressive than it is. Unimportant jobbers are the only Magicians weaker than them, people that don't matter to the plot past the very beginning.

>The Magicians shown are the better ones.
Exactly. Nobody cares if you equal nameless NPCs. They're not relevant to the setting at large.
>>
File: konata-izumi-black.png (166 KB, 378x592) Image search: [Google]
konata-izumi-black.png
166 KB, 378x592
>>44957449
>>44956827

Somewhat in the same boat as Antispiral, these questions are actually related for me.

Originally, my chain was little more than an excuse to visit worlds I liked and interact with characters I loved. And... that was it. There was no higher purpose. My chain was never anything more than an excuse to engage in rampant fangirlism.
Most of all, any stories I wrote hinged on "what's it like to live in this world?" or "what if I hung out with this character?" Eggman never had to put up with me crying. I actually used to be really nice to my companions. We hung out on clocktowers and ate icecream together, y'know, the whole bit.
I even used to wonder a lot what it would be like to STAY in a world. Where would I live? What kind of life would I lead?
And these thoughts were fun... for awhile...

But nobody wants to hear a bunch of stories about "this is what would happen if my chain unceremoniously ended". What's more, I had no desire to restart my chain a hundred times... especially if a lot of time my builds would be mostly the same.
And I started to realize, "Wow, I'm getting really emotionally attached to and then leaving behind people a LOT." Like, it happened frequently enough that it was very noticeably becoming A Thing. I began to realize that this would probably start to have psychological effects. What's more, I wasn't even entirely sure WHY I would continue jumping after a certain point... other than because I "have to."
>>
>>44957449
My goal is exploration and discovery. These goals never cease being a thing no matter how strong you are.
>>
File: Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png (150 KB, 515x322) Image search: [Google]
Konata__s_Sleep_by_SHI_92.png
150 KB, 515x322
>>44959758

Konata the jumper jumps because it's such an insanely rare opportunity to be able to jump.
And... that's about it.
> "Other people don't get this kind of opportunity. I'd have to be a fool to give it up. Right?"
But... she's not the kind of person who's cut out for jumping. She's not. Some people are well suited for plane hopping and new faces and new people every few years. She's not. She has become emotionally unavailable, putting up fronts and playacting. But she doesn't want to be alone. It's, like, basically textbook Hedgehog's Dilemma.
She vacillates between manic and depressive, champions causes she doesn't really care about but only cares about the idea, and is critically weak to emotional influences while being self-aware enough to know what's going on before trying to hide from it.
She's prettymuch a complete wreck of a human being. If she can even be called that.

And yet. The chain continues.

And in fact she has invested so much of herself into the chain by this point that any attempt to break it would be met with extreme psychopathy and violence.

So, if you ask if she's a Mary Sue at this point, well, yeah. Of course. But it's still somewhat interesting (to me), because it's not the being of a Mary Sue itself, but that the very act of becoming one is slowly crushing her psychologically.

One of these days she's probably going to implode in on herself and, because she is such a Sue, it will be extremely spectacular.

I find that amusing.
>>
>>44959724
I think the problem with the Magic side is:

1. They've had hundreds of years to build up a vast repository of arcane practice, so they're hella strong with history on their side whereas Aleister's kooky science project has probably been running for less than a century

2. Consequentially, the power players of the Magicians side like Fianna can field some utter bullshit. It's kind of inevitable that the ones central to the grand, far-reaching conspiracy are the cream of the crop, as it were

Regardless. You're right the Science side has nothing to overpowerlevel the heavy hitters of the magic side in canon besides the possibility of Level 6s-which as discussed earlier may or may not even exist for anyone not named Accelerator.

The exceptions being Crowley and his cabal of wacky henchpeople who're only just starting to flex their OP pls nerf, Majin-oneshotting hat tricks we don't know the full details about

tl;dr other shounen settings are worth putting off for because of shounen escalation, but from the start Index has been in a perpetual shounen escalation loop.

So yes, if you're an Esper you should fight smarter, not brute force your way through problems.
>>
>>44959809
Magic can be learned and reproduced and trained. Espers are always one-off miracles. Magic is always going to be better.

That's not my point though, my point is just that Esper 5 isn't very impressive for the setting, so phrasing things like 'all that it gives you' like it's some amazing gift within the setting is wrong.
>>
>>44959841
Actually, it is an amazing gift. Most espers, or magicians don't even reach that level.

But we're bordering on a discussion on jump philosophy at this point. Our belief (me and the other guy) that jumps don't need to make you MC-tier isn't yours, from what I can see. I honestly don't see a point in continuing this debate, given the hugely differing beliefs we have.
>>
>>44959841
I agree about the espers being one-off miracles, but like I said-shounen escalation. Crowley & co oneshotted some godsdamn Majins recently. I wouldn't make statements like that until the damn mess is finally over.

And while I agree with your last sentence, that isn't my point. My point is that reasonably speaking there's not much more the jump can give you without veering deep beyond the bay of Safely Canon into the choppy waters of fanwank as a storm of bullshit approaches when nobody except Accel (the snowflake) and Mikoto (a former main character and also the keystone of Crowley's plan to cover the Earth in AIM) have even begun to approach Level 6
>>
>>44959841

It seemed really impressive to me. I think the problem is you're looking at things from up high and not at the ground floor. Unless you're diving headfirst into the plot, you're pretty golden.
>>
>>44959928
AIM?
>>
>>44959924
It isn't. You're a middling Magician at best. It's not some amazing, stunning gift. It's not even competitive.

>>44959946
You don't know the setting.
>>
>>44959924
You'll notice he never argues you should be MC-tier in, say, One Punch Man, JoJo or Sailor Moon. I for one am fine with not being strong enough to punch away half the universe in one blow.

>>44959947
Think of it as weird psychic radiation all Espers emit from their brains. Apparently if you have too much of it it either turns into a berserk artificial babby angel, or turns into an otherworld that suppresses magic-although the latter was likely set up by Crowley.
>>
>>44959980
You seem to be overestimating how deadly Raildex is for the average person, considering how many plain old non-Magician, non-Esper humans are, you know, not dead, and how even most of the Level 5 Espers seem to mostly go after each other and not, say, some Level 3 who isn't a clone of a Level 5.
>>
>>44959980
Anon, you're being belligerent and unreasonable. Please do not resort to ad hominems, they do not improve your argument.
>>
>>44960013
>Average person
Wasn't aware you were a powerless civilian.

>>44960019
He doesn't, is the thing. What seems impressive to him is because of a lack of knowledge. To state this is not belligerence.
>>
>>44959643
You could try out the CQC perks from the Metal Gear Solid and Metal Gear Revengance jumps.
>>
>>44960006
You'll notice I'm not arguing you should be MC-tier here. That's Touma. Do you know what Touma does?

I also wasn't aware I was arguing for ANY increase in ability, I thought I was disagreeing with the way an anon framed Level 5. Is every argument one for change to you paranoid types?
>>
>>44959980
You seem to be asserting that competitiveness should be the priorty of a jump. I don't see you being handed the potential for ending multiverses in Doctor Who, the capacity to become a vast and terrible cosmic evil in MOTHER or Madara Uchiha's full powerset in Naruto right off the bat from jump purchases alone.

>>44960042
And-I don't understand what your "average person" response is supposed to be arguing. Jumps are supposed to be able to be jumped on a standalone basis, yes?
>>
>>44960073
See >>44960071

>I don't understand
Anon said that the setting isn't dangerous for normal people. You aren't a normal person out of the gate, because you are an Esper.
>>
>>44960042
This is a matter of a difference in opinion, not a lack of knowledge. To know is not to believe. Sense perception and language bring you knowledge, but how you interpret this shared knowledge is up to you. While the both of you may possess shared knowledge of Raildex obtained through consumption of the medium, the personal knowledge both of you obtain once each of you comprehends the medium is up to you.

He may not be ignorant, he may just interpret things differently. Chew on that.
>>
>>44960102
Seems betrays a lack of solid knowledge.
>>
>>44960071
>>44960073
I know what Touma does, yes. And I know that it probably isn't even nearly all he can do.

Also, I seem to have misunderstood your intent and I apologise because I do agree with you strictly speaking on the facts of Raildex/Index. I've seen too many wankers try to push their own opinions as objective fact.

Raildex/Index is a silly place.
>>
>>44960119
Whoops, meant to link >>44960091
>>
>>44960119
>'tis a silly place

I couldn't agree more. At least it's not The Asterisk War.
>>
>>44960073
>Madara Uchiha's full powerset in Naruto right off the bat from jump purchases alone.
Well, not Jubichuriki Madara, but other than, you can, can't you? Wood release, EMS, Rinnegan, vast chakra reserves, specializations in every fighting style.
Did I miss anything?
>>
>>44960115
What is 'solid knowledge'? Is it not the knowledge and acceptance of facts, figures, and even fiction at times? To assert that both of you possess this is not a far-fetched claim. But to assert that one does not possess knowledge of a text or medium simply because he does not interpret it in the same way the person who made the assertion has is incorrect. The Bible, or any other religious text, has many different interpretations by many different sects. Who is to say that one such teacher in sect A does not possess a solid grasp of the text simply because he does not possess the same interpretation of the teacher in sect B?

Personal knowledge is different from shared knowledge. One should not assume another possesses a lack of knowledge if the interpretation the other possesses is different from his own.
>>
>>44960238
You know, being annoying and white knighting Nubee over your own misconceptions once the argument is over, you're just starting an unneeded pissing match.
>>
>>44960164
You can't start with the EMS, you'll have to murder a friend to get the regular Mangekyo and then grab a second pair from Itachi or wait for Sasuke to unlock his. But otherwise, yeah, you can be a mini-Madara pretty easily. It's incredibly expensive, but without drawback limits it's possible.
>>
>>44960164
The decades of experience using said powers to fight whole armies by yourself, maybe?

Previous jumps don't count.
>>
File: Umadarauchiha.png (93 KB, 900x389) Image search: [Google]
Umadarauchiha.png
93 KB, 900x389
>>44960164
>>44960289

Oh, let's be clear-I was thinking of Meme Madara Uchiha.
>>
>>44960294
He said powerset, not experience.
>>
>>44960300
>implying Madara could even possibly even TOUCH Heaven Ascension DIO

Well, I mean, you could always Pod him and find out maybe?
>>
>>44958271
Pretty much. Jahad would have likely had to have personally interacted with you, and decided to troll his other "children".
At the end of the day how you fluff things is up to you.
>>
>>44960440
To be fair The World Over Heaven's powerset boils down to

-Infinite timestop
-"I, DIO, reject your reality and substitute my own"

This is kind of like winning the Superman vs Batman primary school arguments by asserting that before the battle Batman gained Jesus' powers by using his detective skills to reassemble His Holy Corpse
>>
>>44959560
Unless you have Anon, it’s you! from Robocop.
>>
Quick question, Dark Slayer from DMC says that the weapons are subpar compared to the original, unless you're trained extensively in replicating weapons or you're very familiar with the weapon you're creating.
So if you've trained in it, and you're familiar with something powerful like Excalibur, can you spam near-perfect (albeit probably temporary) copies of it?
>>
Hey Red, any progress on Bayonetta or are you full tilt on DC at the moment?
>>
>>44960742
DC? I thought Red was working on Bayo and Indiana Jones
>>
File: how others see jumpers.jpg (197 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
how others see jumpers.jpg
197 KB, 1280x720
>>44957449
Themes are a great way to give direction to a Jumpchain.

Personally? A desire to explore the multiverse and all that it has is my Jumper's main drive. A secondary drive is an intense paranoia about loosing what makes my Jumper "human".
>>
>>44960755
I suppose it stands for Dark Crusade. You know, the 40K Chaos jump.

ALL THE HYPE INTENSIFIES
>>
>>44960755
Both those and Dark Crusade.

Those two are coming first though.
>>
File: image.png (321 KB, 583x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
321 KB, 583x800
>>44960742
That's BC, Black Crusade. Dark Crusade was the DoW Expansion introducing the Necron & Tau.
>>
>>44959643
>any jumps that will make me a master of hands and feet?
That general martial arts perk from DC.
>>
File: 60-00455ClockWings.jpg (154 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
60-00455ClockWings.jpg
154 KB, 500x344
Since I can't make up my mind, what would a be better capstone to take for Darksiders? Archangel or Rider of Time?
>>
Speaking of DC perks, I'm not the only one who got the super-genius perk and immediately decided to be like Lex Luthor except actually HELPING HUMANITY, right?

Who else was out there beating him at his own game without the need to wage war on Kryptonians?
>>
>>44959643

Wuxia man. It's a jump where almost all of the perks aid in unarmed melee via teaching various martial arts and techniques.
>>
>>44959643
Easy cheat for becoming a godlike Martial Artist:

1) Go to Wuxia
2) Take Adaptability
3) Take the drawback "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting"

Ten years later, you will be a master of more styles than any person could conceive of, usable for any purpose you could imagine. As in, cooking, doing the laundry, painting, gardening, filing your taxes, practicing law...
>>
>>44961324
How attached to Time Fuckery are you? Both Capstones are pretty good, but I find that going Rider of X is best if it's for your main theme.
>>
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 774x1032) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 774x1032
>>44959643
Wuxia - Adaptability. This allows you to become master of a certain style in a few days.

DC - Master Combatant. With this you're like Batman and have mastery of all regular martial arts.

Ranma - Copy Cat. You can learn to use styles by copying them just by seeing them.

Naruto - Sharigan. Again like Copy Cat in Ranma, but better.
>>
>>44961324
I don't know your theme, but Maker is best Capstone, especially post-Spark.
>>
>>44961614
>Implying anything matters post-spark
>>
>>44959643
>>44961548

Ah, Many reminded me of other options there, like a specialty in Taijutsu (close combat stuff) and the Eight Gates, which is a temporary super mode used by a couple character in-series for incredible unarmed bad assery.

There's also One Piece which has Haki and Rokushiki, both able to help dramatically with unarmed combat.
>>
>>44961521
Given that the top two things on my list of themes are time travel and weird time shit, I suppose that probably is the better option.
>>
File: Dino army.jpg (235 KB, 1280x567) Image search: [Google]
Dino army.jpg
235 KB, 1280x567
Some questions about Lost Valley of the Dinosaurs.

What's the drawback limit?

If I choose to have every single extra faction exist on the island, will they fight each other as well, or will they all focus on my expedition exclusively?

What happens to the camp after the jump? Does it get turned into a warehouse annex?

If I go with Dinocroc and get it Armored Carapace, Regeneration, and Elemental Affinity: Earth, how tough will it be?

Alternatively, if I get a beast Air, Fire, and Earth Elemental Affinities, would Air enhance the heat breath and negate the weight penalty of Earth?

About how large is the Island? Madagascar sized? Australia sized?
>>
Other than the RWBY Semblance, getting a Lantern Ring, ans maybe Video powers from InFamous, where can you get hard light construct powers?
>>
>>44961879
Mass effect/halo has the technology so mixing that with some technomancer abilities could work.
>>
>>44961879
Lightbringer. The magic there is entirely based of light manipulation, you can do anything from firing laser beams to creating whole buildings out of light.
>>
Would it be bad form to add images/fix up already made jumps even if you give credit?
My autism freaks out when I get a jump with images in it, so that makes it more enjoyable for me
>>
>>44962407
Yes. You're not allowed to touch other people's jumps without their permission. Period.
>>
>>44962407
>Would it be bad form to add images/fix up already made jumps even if you give credit?

Depends on whether the writer is up for it and is around to say it's okay. I've imaged Marvel Cinematic Universe (one of Red's jumps) as well as Firefly and Lord of the Rings (both made by Marvel_Anon). People are generally up for seeing their stuff imaged from my experience.

If the creator has gone AWOL though it's all a bit up in the air as you can't confirm whether they're okay with it. I'd generally rather see people go for it anyway personally but I know there are people in thread who think that it's totally unacceptable to image stuff without permission so you'd get a lot of push back and it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Good luck anyway, I like seeing imaged stuff as well.
>>
>>44962487
Do not advocate fucking with absentee people's work you scumbag bastard. Only give your own opinion on your own work.
>>
>>44962509
wew lad calm down
either way, i suppose this gives you enough of an idea of how most would react
>>
>>44962509
It's not like he's saying change anything. Just make it so it's not s blank background.

Christ, so many people in /jc/ are like the kid who doesn't want anyone even touching their toys, even if they forgot they actually had the toy in the first place. I don't fucking get it.
>>
>>44962572
He is. You're altering their PDF, their work, their jump. That's wrong. He has no authority to give that permission and nobody has any right to do that without permission.
>>
>>44962572
>I don't fucking get people not wanting me to alter their work without their permission.
I guess you must be retarded.
>>
>>44962509
Are you really trying to protect jumpmakers feelings by personally insulting one of the most productive and consistent jumpmakers out there?
>>
>>44962611
Maybe he shouldn't be suggesting other jumpmakers get fucked over.
>>
Can we please not do this AGAIN? Nothing comes of arguing about this and I'd rather we all just talk about something else.

Like how your Companions reacted to being LEGO Minifigs.
>>
>>44962589
>>44962604
There's a huge difference between altering the content of a jump and the appearance of a background, and you know it.
If the jumpmaker says they're working on imaging a jump, or even if they say not to do it, then don't. But if they've gone missing, I don't see the problem with prettying it up.
And they come back and bitch, then take it down and use the incomplete version, or their own images version, if they made one.
>>
>>44962446
>>44962487
>>44962509
>>44962572
>>44962554
>>44962589
>>44962604
>>44962611
>>44962628
W- Well there's my answer, th- thanks
Sorry, I just wanted to make some of these jumps a bit more visually appealing, I feel like it really does add something, didn't know it would make people mad.
>>
>>44962683
No there isn't. You're altering their work by imaging it. That is unacceptable without their permission. Period. This has been established. You cannot alter someone's work without asking them.
>>
>>44962683
>I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO FUCK OVER ANYONE IN ANY WAY I WANT TO AS LONG AS THEY CAN'T FIGHT ME ON IT.
Bastard would probably be too nice to describe you.
>>
File: stop.gif (361 KB, 410x206) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
361 KB, 410x206
>>44962683
>>44962698
S T O P

GET A ROOM ALREADY YOU SALT-SHAKERS
>>
>>44961337
I jumped DC too early for that, but I admire your style.
>>
>>44961743

>What's the drawback limit?
You can have up to four of the origin unique complications and It says you can have any number of lost civilisations but you only get cp for the first three. They will fight each other, but three will be aimed at you exclusively.

>What happens to the camp after the jump? Does it get turned into a warehouse annex?
The camp (and this has come up before so I should have added it to the notes section) is designed to be easy to crate up and transport, so you can take it with you and use it elsewhere, including just setting it up in the warehouse.

>If I go with Dinocroc and get it Armored Carapace, Regeneration, and Elemental Affinity: Earth, how tough will it be?

At that point it's pretty much full on b-movie monster immune to conventional weapons level. Think something like Gorgo with the Royal navies shells just bouncing off or Godzilla ignoring missile strikes from fighter bombers.

>Alternatively, if I get a beast Air, Fire, and Earth Elemental Affinities, would Air enhance the heat breath and negate the weight penalty of Earth?

Something else I forgot to add in. If I ever update the jump you can only pick up one affinity. As is, yeah, they'd combine like that.

>About how large is the Island? Madagascar sized? Australia sized?

I deliberately left it really vague, because in a lot of the stuff that inspired me to make the jump the scale tends to vary wildly from scene to scene or chapter to chapter, something that always amused me. It's quite big.
>>
>>44962663
90% of the time they ask to just be put back into stasis.

"Oh god. Last time it was dogs and the time before that we were all dinosaurs. I'm out. Put my back in the Warehouse. I'm not dealing with this for 10 years."
>>
>>44962733
why do you keep deleting your posts
>>
>>44962720
Reduction ad Absurdum doesn't actually help you, you know that, right?
>>
>>44962752
That's the essence of what you said and you know it.
>>
>>44962697
You could always try asking the individual jump makers? hop in irc, see if they are in there, discuss what you'd like to do with them.
>>
>>44962752
>>44962768
WHAT PART

OF STOP

DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
>>
>>44962768
It's not even close. Jesus Christ, it's like trying to talk to a five year old.
>>
>>44962809
You said to fuck over people until they can tell you to stop. That is exactly what it is.
>>
>>44962697

I think it blew up a bit too much. This person >>44962770 has the right idea though. Try to get permission for the Jumps you wanna image will probably make things go through a lot more smoothly. IRC is place where a lot of names and Jumpmakers talk, so it's easy to get information/permission there.
>>
File: Lenny_face.png (41 KB, 581x263) Image search: [Google]
Lenny_face.png
41 KB, 581x263
>>44962806
No means yes.
>>
>>44962742
Because I just woke up from a nap and kept missing bits out of the reply or answering questions wrong.

(or forgetting my name, like I just did here.)
>>
>>44962768
>I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO FUCK OVER ANYONE IN ANY WAY I WANT TO AS LONG AS THEY CAN'T FIGHT ME ON IT = if they've gone missing, I don't see the problem with prettying it up.
And they come back and bitch, then take it down
How exactly would adding images and giving credits be "fucking someone over"? Are you aware of how ridiculous you sound?
>>
>>44962828
No. Fucking them over would be editing the content or creating a new jump. That's not okay, and if you try that, you're a massive cunt, but just adding images to a jump that a jumpmaker doesn't want to go through the trouble of doing it for isn't fucking someone over.
>>
>>44962887
You're changing their jumps without asking them. That's fucking them over.
>>
>>44962697
I'd suggest just asking the thread if they know who made a specific jump you'd like to image and see if the creator is about and can say they're alright with it. Or you can go to the IRC and they may be able to give you an idea of who did it and if they're still about.

If there's several jumps you're interested in imaging hopefully you'll get some with creators who still hang around so you can get their blessing. From my experience most are happy to see their stuff imaged so you may well get somewhere if you ask.
>>
>>44962894
Care to explain how instead of repeating your ridiculous phrase over and over?
>>
>>44962892
>editing the content
You're editing the content by changing the PDF, shitbag.

>Doesn't want to go through the trouble.
Or maybe they don't want it imaged. Or maybe they don't want YOU to image it. Or maybe they don't want it done the way you did it. Automatically assuming consent until someone can object is full fucking retard. You ask first. Always.
>>
>>44961879

Ar Tonelico can sortof do it. It's actually "hard sound" but sound=light in Ar Tonelico.
>>
>>44962907
>How is stealing and altering someone's work fucking them over? I should be allowed to do what I want!
>>
>>44962894
Well you're changing my mood without permission.

STOP FUCKING ME OVER ANON.
NO MEANS NO
>>
>>44962926
I think it's more like a fork than straight up stealing their work.
>>
>>44962947
>Fork
Taking non-open source code to use in your project is theft. So using that comparison only supports my position.
>>
>>44962926
>Stealing
Credit is given, as the first guy said.
>Adding images to a jump = fucking them over
Like that other guy said, if it's such a big problem for the original creator, they can tell you to stop.
You're acting kind of irrationally, the constant spouting of that phrase and insults are kind of making me not want to bother talking to you.
>>
>>44962894
Carving the national anthem into a wall doesn't change the national anthem. The content is the important bit really. I think if people were campaigning for across the boards free rights to edit other people's jumps your response would be pretty reasonable but that's not what's on the table.
>>
>>44962926
>>44962928
>>44962947
>>44962907
>>44962894
>>44962892
>>44962887
We were so close. We were so close to moving on.

This is the future you chose. This is why the rest of /tg/ hates us.
>>
>>44962970
How exactly is a jump non-open source?
>>
File: dinocroc.jpg (125 KB, 1024x637) Image search: [Google]
dinocroc.jpg
125 KB, 1024x637
>>44962733
>>44962869
Will our critter retain any "upgrades" we give it, like cybernetics or genetic alterations?
>>
>>44962971
>Credit is given
That doesn't mean you didn't steal it. You didn't have permission to take it.

>they can tell you to stop.
And if they're not around? You don't have permission to fuck them over just because they can't say no. Their work. It's not your right to steal it.

>>44962973
The national anthem is public domain. On the other hand, performing someone elses song, copyrighted, without their permission is illegal.
>>
>>44963008
Planning on building it up into a genuine kaiju over time?
>>
>>44962979
>moving on
>Implying we can have a thread without at least one shot show breaking out
>>
>>44962971
The onus is not on the content creator to tell the imager to stop, but rather the imager to get permission from the creator.

That's just obvious.
>>
>>44962989
Do you see a statement anywhere saying you have the right to alter their work? No? Then you don't have the right to.

>>44962979
The rest of /tg/ hates us because they don't think CYOAs are /tg/.

>>44963039
But anon, if I steal something it's the owner's fault for not telling me not to!
>>
>>44963029
>On the other hand, performing someone elses song, copyrighted, without their permission is illegal.
No it's not. Profiting from it is.
>>
>>44963029
Literally none of this is copyrighted and you are bad at comprehending analogies.
>>
>>44963055
It actually is.

>>44963056
It's a metaphor, but you're actually wrong. In the US everything someone creates automatically has protection like this. It's not as complete as if it was filed, but some amount is automatically extended.
>>
>>44963008
I don't see why not. The second part of the jump (which I may or may not ever make) was going to give everything free upgrades to help out. according to my notes The Dinocroc ends up carrying the upper half of a frigate, giving it three small turrets, two flak cannons and a missile launcher.
>>
>>44962979
Blame Cool cats for being a piece of shit.
>>
>>44963095
This is the kind of shit why jumpmaker aren't around to be asked in the first place.
>>
>>44963079
Dinocroc vs. Shipgirl. . . FIGHT!!!
>>
>>44962407
Get permission first then.
Or do it anyway, lol.
>>
>>44963095
No, no-I'm blaming you for being a piece of shit unable to communicate without sounding like a Tourettes patient or a /b/ poster.
>>
>>44963145
If he does the spoiler, shitposter, the entire thread would lynch the human garbage.
>>
>>44963162
Yes, but I still get an imaged jump. So, meh.
>>
>>44963181
Banned from the thread and the drive. So you're wasting your time.

I'm pretty sure I know who you are though, and you have chronic shitposter syndrome in all ways.
>>
>>44963162
To be fair, YOU would make it seem like the entire thread.
>>
>>44963181
B8
>>
>>44963162
>>44963194

You do realise he's blatently posting to amuse himself with your reaction, yes?

Please tell me you have that much self-awareness.
>>
>>44963195
Oh no, when someone was pushy about doing it before he got the entire thread on his ass. You're a minority, it's just that most people try to be nice or avoid fighting because they're limp-wristed girls.
>>
>>44963029
>FUCK THEM OVER
>FUCK THEM OVER
>FUCK THEM OVER
you seem very fond of saying this but you don't really explain how exactly anyone is getting fucked.

>It's not your right to steal it
>You didn't have permission to take it
jesus christ you're fucking retarded. you didn't steal or take anything. you are literally adding related images into a jump so it's not just a black on white .pdf. why is this such a problem

>copyright
lol, are you honestly going to use that as your explanation? are you implying that a pdf posted on the internet referencing other ACTUAL copyrighted works is equivalent to a legitimately copyright song?

you are one dumb fuck.
>>
>>44963223
>he got the entire shit-flingers squad on his ass
>>
>>44963253
>ou don't really explain how exactly anyone is getting fucked.
>Take someone elses work
>Change it without their permission
>How have I violated the owner's rights to their own work? How have I violated their agency?
I dunno anon, maybe you should work on your common sense.
>>
>>44963223
I'd point out there's a difference between being a pansy and being able to argue in a manner that doesn't make you sound like you're from /b/, but the differences are lost on people like you.

>>44963144
Also my vote goes to the dinocroc if it's also part shark, and to the shipgirl if she was constructed after 1950.

Actually, is there a minimum age a ship has to be before it can "generate" its' own shipgirl? Do shipgirls just sort of pop up as the moment a ship has been built?
>>
>>44963283
I'd point out that only children get upset at mean words being used in conversation.
>>
>>44963253
Technically speaking, it would be copywritten.

But come on, nobody is going to sue over a fucking Mary Sue simulator on an anonymous Chadian rock polishing message board.
>>
Personally, I actually quite prefer the unimaged jumps, and think that adding images to them would reduce them in quality. They look cleaner and less cluttered to me, when they're just text. So while I don't agree with the sheer level of vitriol that's being thrown around here, I do dispute the claim that adding images to imageless jumps won't hurt anything.
>>
>>44963307
Nobody is likely to sue, but that part was pointed out to these people to show that people here do have legitimate rights to their works, even outside of the basic "You should respect the content makers." aspect that should be preventing them from doing this.
>>
>>44963291
Oh come on, you're stooping to insinuating people disagree with you solely because they're upset? I can't believe I have to point out only children need to resort to using mean words to win their arguments for them in the first place.

>>44963310
And I myself am entirely indifferent to this issue, provided the actual text isn't changed.
>>
>>44963279
you are not changing anything already there. you are adding images. nothing is being altered or changed other than there being pictures in it.

i appreciate you not acknowledging any other part of my post though
>>
>>44963321
No, the point is that you're focusing on tone instead of content. Which is always a copout in an argument.
>>
Girls, girls, you're both lovely, now stop tearing at each other's hair before A Pimp Named Slickback gotta slap you.
>>
>>44963307
>Implying you can sue someone for using a .pdf you compiled with information from other copyrighted works (be it video games, tv, anime, etc)

Nice try.
>>
Speaking of Espers, what is your Esper talent /jc/? What do you use it for most regularly?

Or did you end up with a special hand?
>>
>>44963324
>you are not changing anything already there
The 'background' and the format are part of the work. The work as released to you was in a PDF. That is the author's. You can't alter that.
>>
>>44963291
Sure, go ahead and call all your coworkers a bunch of names. They'll be fine with it because they're adults. You do have coworkers, right?
>>
File: Mech-Rex.jpg (95 KB, 646x529) Image search: [Google]
Mech-Rex.jpg
95 KB, 646x529
>>44963030
You know it. I've heavily invested in cybernetics and genetics, imagine a Kaiju with enhanced synth-mucles and pumped full of Uroboros. It helps that I have a whole mess of samples to choose from too: Kaiju, various Godzilla creatures, Zerg bits, and Monster Hunter critters can all add up to a truly spectacular monster.

>>44963079
>The second part of the jump.

>The Dinocroc ends up carrying the upper half of a frigate, giving it three small turrets, two flak cannons and a missile launcher.

Oh my. Lost Valley is a damn fun jump, and for what it's worth, there's more than a few of us that would look forward to seeing a second part.
>>
>>44963345
It's not a copout to point out the tones you're trying to make are incoherent and unintelligible under your nerd rage, and what you assume to be commons ense
>>
>>44963356
You could have basic respect for the people who work on your content, you know. It shouldn't require a legal thread to keep you from being an asshole.
>>
>>44963291
There's a difference between "mean words" and putting your fingers in your ears and screaming "YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG YOU'RE WRONG" at the top of your lungs.
>>
>>44963387
If you can't understand the post because the mean word shocked you so much you could no longer process words, that sounds like a personal problem.

>>44963402
Good thing nobody did that.
>>
>>44961337
DC was a really fun jump for me. My age roll ended up making me a teenager so after I grabbed genius and estate I pretty much set myself up as a younger Bruce Wayne with the intelligence of Lex Luthor.

I like to think that at least some of my inventions helped improve that world.
>>
>>44963359
I went Railgun for the electrokinesis. It synergizes really well with a double dose of Genius Firebender + Lightning bender and lightning as my Captain Planet element.

Being able to zap-blast things to oblivion is always super fun, but it's the sheer utility of the Esper power that really seals the deal.

In my opinion it's one of the best for the sheer amount of different uses you can eek out of it.
>>
>>44962663
What's a lego?
>>
There's something I've been wondering concerning the Bod Mod Suppliment.

Anyone know what happens if you don't take metavore? For example do you risk losing your stats if your not careful, or is it more just an appearance maintainer that keeps you from having to deal with weird stuff like being an overweight person that can run at a hundred miles an hour if you take speed 4 and overeat, or perhaps something else.
>>
File: SPACESHIP.webm (3 MB, 1152x480) Image search: [Google]
SPACESHIP.webm
3 MB, 1152x480
>>44963522
A brand of Danish building block toys that has several fictional universes dedicated to it, including some with plotlines that aren't even based on building LEGO things, but are animated using LEGO settings and minifigs.

At least 2 such settings have Jumps already.
>>
>>44963389
This all started when someone called Cats a scumbag bastard for being on the other side of the argument to you. I don't think either side can take a moral highground when it comes to basic respect for content creators.
>>
>>44963531
I think if you purchase the stats, you have the biological potential to work out until you recover 'em just like an out of shape athlethe getting back to his peak after a hiatus.

This is just my opinion though, I don't think it's ever been brought up much
>>
>>44963566
That's very strange.
>>
>>44963566
What's the middle one from?
>>
>>44963622
Actually, he's first introduced as a 1980's-something spaceman before we learn his name (Benny), because he's from the Space sets released in the 80's.

Also, you may have noticed the prominent Batman. LEGO has licenses for everything these days and boy do they use 'em.
>>
>>44963657
At least lego has a bit of fun with those licenses.
>>
is the drive the definitive place for all jumps?
thinking of creating some, but just kind of worried about quality since i only got into this like two days ago, and also not sure if i'd be making cyoa's that already exist that i just didnt know about
>>
File: 1450672916376.jpg (47 KB, 523x523) Image search: [Google]
1450672916376.jpg
47 KB, 523x523
>>44963731
fuck, forgot my biggest point in asking that, any tips for creation?
>>
>>44963582
To clarify, the concept of Legos or the fact that there are jumps for it?

There's 3, actually. One set in a sort of animal world, one in a ninja world, and one in the movie that was apparently based on some kid's imagination

>>44963731
Just post it here in the thread first for people to have a look at. If it's up to scratch, you'll either know to put it in the WIP bay or someone can get it there for you
>>
>>44963310
It'd be nice if we kept both really. I'd put up plain text versions of my jumps if I had them but I tend to write and edit them while I'm imaging them so I don't.

There was someone a while back who said they wanted to work on making text versions of imaged jumps, I offered to upload mine converted straight from publisher which don't always load properly on 4chan but have copyable text in the .pdf so they wouldn't have to type it out. I never heard anything about it again though so I can only assume they gave up as it sounds like a really boring job.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.