[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spitalian Quest 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 3
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bardbarianqm

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Spitalian%20Quest

Please support the developers of Degenesis: Rebirth by buying the books at http://degenesis.com

PREVIOUSLY ON SPITALIAN QUEST: After convincing the populace of Colmurano to leave for greener pastures, you, Claudio, Ines, and Sofia start the long trek to Roma. Before long, however, you're confronted by a mysterious figure toting technology well beyond your means.
>>
You're almost breathless from the visage of the stranger. You've seen nothing like them your entire life and in your mild haze of post-sleep they seem as an otherworldly creature, scanning the area you're in with a disinterested air about them. Before they can catch sight of you, you duck back behind the boulder you're using for cover.

Choose up to two options
>Try and locate the others
>See what you have on yourself
>Try and locate your weapons
>Try and divert the attention of this person so the others can take advantage
>Write-in
>>
>>44548378
>Try and locate the others
>>
>>44548378
>See what you have on yourself
>>
>>44548378
>Locate weapons
>>
>>44548727
>>44548451
>>44548428
Roll dice+6d6
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 2, 4, 5, 1 = 20 (6d6)

>>44548378
Howdy BQ

>>44548768
FOR THE DICE GODS!
>>
Rolled 3, 2, 1, 3, 3, 4 = 16 (6d6)

>>44548768
go dice!
>>
>>44548778
Howdy. How's everyone doing today?
>>
>>44548792
fine slightly tired from new years still but like many things that will pass.
>>
>>44548792
just got off work and saw this, and Novice Heretek so pretty fucking happy right now. How about yourself BQ?
>>
>>44548854
Doing alright. Was gonna get laid but my fuck buddy cancelled on me so I decided to run this now instead of later.
>>
Rolled 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 5 = 25 (6d6)

>>44548768
>>
>>44548910
>>44548790
>>44548778
You crouch lower against the boulder and do a quick once-over of yourself. There really isn't too much in your pouches. You have a few canisters of fungicide and pesticide but no rifle to load it in. Your splayer likewise was left behind in your haste to get out of the way of the line of fire. You keep searching, and with some relief you find a dagger still attached to your belt. You unsheath it as quietly as you can before sneaking another peak around the rock.

You see a thick figure mildly lit in the distance by the armor of your attacker and vaguely you can make out the shape of Sofia. Her hand is on her sword, though like you, her rifle was left behind in her haste to get away. Claudio and Ines are nowhere to be seen, but you manage to see your own weapons in the darkness, unmolested. Your attacker looks to be far enough away that you could probably make for both of them given ample distraction.

Choose up to two options
>Try and signal Sofia
>Wait for Ines and Claudio to show themselves
>It might be dark enough to make a break for your weapons, give it a shot.
>Try and get to Sofia
>Write-in
>>
>>44548802
Drink water and eat some meats, senpai.
>>
>>44548981
>try and signal Sofia
>Keep an eye out for Ines and Claudio

>>44548802
A few shots a day, keep the doctor away BB.

>>44548909
well don't worry BQ, The dice gods will fuck us in the ass soon and you'll get your fucks.
>>
>>44548981
>try and signal Sofia
>Keep an eye out for Ines and Claudio
>>
>>44548981
What are we signaling Sofia to do?
>>
>>44549090
See if she can't get the attention of Kaworu here for a few moments.
>>
>>44549090
probably create a distraction of some kind so we can grab our weapons or the other way around.
>>
>>44549035
>The dice gods will fuck us in the ass soon
If only.
>>
>>44548981
>Try and signal Sofia
>It might be dark enough to make a break for your weapons, give it a shot.
>>
>>44549056
>>44549035
Alright. Gonna give about ten-ish more minutes before voting ends. Also would anyone like to see the playlist for this/if so, does anyone have a good platform to see playlists beyond a pastebin?
>>
>>44549263
I'd be interested in it, but all the playlists I know of are on youtube
>>
Alright, bros. Writing.
>>
>>44549470
You peek back over the rock and get one more view of what's going on. Whoever this person is, they still seem to be keeping a lookout, but is now actively moving through your camp. They kick aside a few of the dying embers in the long-forgotten campfire before moving on to your individual bedrolls. You don't even hear their steps as they move.

You catch sight of Sofia, who has since moved closer to your assailant. You pull one arm out from behind your dark cape and wave it carefully, enough movement that it catches Sofia's eye but the other seems unaware still. She freezes in her momentum and looks in your direction. You flounder for a few moments before signalling again, trying to convey you want a distraction. It seems to work, because Sofia moves back and away, finding a tree for cover.

You wait a few seconds longer before Sofia breaks the silence. "Hey!" She calls out and like a charm, the person whips around, their own weapon leveled in the direction the noise came from. "Are you already tired of us?" Afterward you hear the clunk of Sofia's armor moving away from the site and the person gives chase, but not without first firing into the darkness. This close, the horses scream their fear but it doesn't deter the other. No pained cries greet your ears and as soon as the person's a fair distance off you make your move from behind the rock, stalking straight to your splayer and rifle and picking them up before making it back to cover.
>>
>>44549768

As soon as you do, more shots fire out, but it's different from what was issued from the strange weapon, no recharging whine. "Over here, you bitch!" You sigh your relief as you realize Claudio hasn't abandoned you all, adding to the distraction, though you're not sure where he is.

Choose up to two options
>Load your rifle with [fungicide | Pesticide | Incendiary fuel UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME]
>Try to use the distraction to get close with your splayer
>Find and regroup with [Claudio | Sofia]
>Locate Ines
>Risk getting to your horse for incendiary fuel
>Write-in
>>
>>44549795
Try to use the distraction to get close with your splayer

now or never for glory!
>>
>>44549795
>try to use this to get close to your splayer
His a mad man stop wasting yo ammo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tw3KaMr8wk

Thread theme
>>
splayer
>>
>>44549836
>>44549938
>>44550001
Alright. Dice+7d6
>>
Rolled 2, 2, 2, 6, 5, 5, 5 = 27 (7d6)

>>44550218
BIG MONEYYYY
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 3, 5, 2, 2, 4 = 25 (7d6)

>>44550218
Go dice!
>>
AD ASTRA
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 3, 5, 1, 4, 4 = 28 (7d6)

>>44550273
goddammit
>>
>>44550290
>>44550262
>>44550244
Damn, son. Writing.
>>
You manage to locate Claudio from the sounds beyond the boulder. He isn't too far off from you at the moment. You hear a gleeful laugh as a rock cracks against your assailant's armor and a few more seconds before Claudio fires again at the person. You figure whoever it is, is distracted enough that you move quickly from your own hiding spot, and you're proven correct. They roll away from another round from Claudio before Sofia throws another rock from behind her tree. They aren't even paying attention to you.

You find a predatory grin has graced your features as you stalk toward your target, splayer in hand. They can't have much, if any, ammunition left. They've been stupid. As you move closer, you pick up speed, shifting your splayer in your hand until its spear tip is pointed toward your quarry.

Claudio and Sofia give up on the distraction once they see you're close enough and you strike out at your target, bringing the blade down with all your might. It sinks with the driving force toward their back. You can almost taste the blood-

that doesn't come.

They're fast. Almost unnaturally so, it seems, as they whip around. With one arm they strike out, slapping your spear aside before it can make its way home. You're in top form tonight, though, because as they bring their rifle to bear on you, you turn with the motion, using the cold light end to knock them back onto their ass before you're peppered with whatever's in that rifle. A shot rings out in the air, but they're quick and move away, dodging both Claudio's gunfire and the timely appearance of Sofia, whose sword slams into the dirt rather than its target.

They seem to abandon the rifle there, throwing it to the ground and facing the two of you, their face calm and eerie in the dull glow of their armor.

>Press the advantage and attack
>Let Sofia be the aggressor and look for weak points
>Go for the rifle
>Write-in
>>
>>44550639
.attack
>>
>>44550639
>Let Sofia be the aggressor and look for weak points
>>
>>44550639

Let Sofia be the aggressor and look for weak points
>>
>>44550773
>>44550879
Writing.
>>
You pull back as soon as you see they're prepared for this, letting Sofia move in. They aren't armed, but they aren't backing down, either. It sets something off inside you, which is eventually proven correct as you watch them dance around Sofia, deflecting blows or outright dodging them, taking advantage to land blows that look absolutely punishing. They might not be armed, but it's clear that they're directing the tempo of the fight. Things would probably only be worse with your own assault added in.

Instead you watch, poised either for an opening or Sofia's defeat. The two move back and forth, their breathing labored as yet another flurry of blows is attempted and blocked with what looks like little effort, and Sofia doesn't look to be an amateur. They're smart, keeping Sofia between them and yourself, moving quickly whenever it looks like the pseudo shield Sofia forms moves away from her.

Claudio thunders in then. Gone is the gun he'd been using to harry your opponent, replaced by what you can only describe as a club, though by all logic it's anything but. He's brandishing a steel rod in his hand stuck through what looks to be an obsolete small motor, wapped with rusted barbed wire. It's ugly but still impressive in its ingenuity. You try to stop him but he joins in with Sofia, and just as you'd imagined, the attacker moves readily away from him, causing on more than one occasion to have your two allies pit themselves against one another.

They move like poetry, making your friends look like clumsy oafs. Openings come and go, too quick for you to keep up. They don't look tired. They don't look anything, really. You weigh your options, wondering if it'd be wise to add you into the confusion, when your query is answered by a rush off air. Light glints in an unarmored part of your attacker.
>>
>>44551345
It's a throwing knife, you realize as they stumble back from the attack, clutching the weapon momentarily before deciding against it. You hear them grunt, but they don't give up, instead trying to maneuver to try and take advantage of whoever is in the darkness. Ines, you assume. Still they move around Sofia and Claudio, but they're slower now. Making mistakes.

Sofia and Claudio attack at the same time. The other moves with them, but too slow. Sofia's attack misses, but a sickening screech heralds' a direct hit to their chest. They sprawl back with the force of it, toward you. You ready your weapon.

>End this quickly.
>End this slowly.
>>
>>44551370
>End this quickly.
>>
>>44551370
>End this quickly.
>>
>>44549795
>end this quickly

Rho we should try to interrogate them
>>
>>44551370
>End it quickly.
>>
>>44551574
>>44551548
>>44551425
>>44551421
Writing.
>>
Or shit. Actually give me another dice+7d6 roll.
>>
Rolled 2, 3, 3, 1, 6, 4, 6 = 25 (7d6)

>>44551667
Go dice!
>>
Rolled 5, 1, 6, 2, 6, 1, 3 = 24 (7d6)

>>44551667
>>
Rolled 4, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 4 = 15 (7d6)

>>44551667
I am a GOD made FLESH
>>
Rolled 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 6 = 30 (7d6)

>>44551667
DEUS VOLT!
>>
>>44551757
>>44551684
>>44551680
NOW I'm writing.
>>
As soon as they're in range you whip your body around, gathering force behind yourself. With the butt of your splayer, you drive your assailant to the ground. They slam into the floor with a "whump" of air escaping their lungs. You quickly turn your weapon, grabbing a side-handle upon it and jerking it back quickly. With a loud SHUNK, your splayer opens wide, the spear tip fanning out into three blades.

You drive the blades down around your assailant's neck, trapping them between two of them, the sharp edges making close contact. They stare up at you passively as you reach for another handle and pump it a few times. The butt of your splayer lights up as its coldlight is activated. You all wince at the sudden bright light illuminating the area.

You recover quickly, though, and the two of you stare at each other. In naked light they're as pale as ever. Smooth, alabaster skin. Silvery hair somewhere between long and short forming a disturbed crown around their head. Golden-red eyes stare up at you. Beyond a squint from the pain from Ines' and Claudio's attacks, they give you nothing.

"Who are you?" you ask quietly. They say nothing.
>>
>>44552067
"Why are you following us? Why did you attack us? We did nothing to you." Nothing but an impassive gaze greets you. Footsteps sound around you, and from your periphery you see Sofia, Claudio, and Ines crowd around your captive.

"Well, if this isn't a fine specimen," Ines chuckles darkly.

"Nice of you to show up," Sofia says sarcastically. Ines ignores her and crouches next to the person's head. Running a hand through their hair, she clucks appraisingly.

"I could get quite the payout, turning this one out to the Sicilians. I know a few people who can arrange it for us. And they're in L'Aquila, even!"

"We aren't selling her," Sofia shoots back.

"Yet," Claudio mutters before crouching on the person's other side. "First we have to know if they're worth it, or if we should just slice their throat right now. They did try killing us."

They don't react to any of it, still looking at you with those eyes like fire. The silence seems to stretch on for ages, before finally they say in a soft voice. "Target practice."

>"What?"
>Kill them now
>Write-in
>>
>>44552082
>"What?"
>>
>>44552082
>what?
>>
>what?

paler?
>>
>>44552200
>>44552183
>>44552170
Writing
>>
You almost don't hear the words. "What?" you ask, unsure of what they've said.

"Target practice," they say again, louder. "Two in the chest and one in the head. Double tap." The words make a small sort of sense in the context, but they're anachronistic in a way that it's difficult to wrap your head around.

"Yes, but why?" Ines coaxes, running a hand through their hair. "Why not something less human? Or at least more dead."

"War is the answer," the person replies, still just as quiet. You, Claudio, and Sofia exchange some confused looks, though Ines seems to be more in her element than you three. She clucks her tongue again.

"You've been away for a long time, little one. What's your number?" she asks.

"Cascade 800 master race," the other responds with a small smile.

"Oh, really?" Ines asks, feigning interest. "And what are you supposed to do?"

As soon as the words are out of her mouth, the person's eyes lock up in terror. She looks around wildly, as if trying to find something only she can sense. She starts hyperventalating before she looks at Ines with a fearful scowl. "Nice try, faggot."

Before any of you can do something to stop her, she reaches out with her free hand and grabs onto the foremost lever of your splayer, pumping back as hard as she can. Driven into the ground as it is, not much happens, but the blades slide shut enough around her throat that shey slice neatly into her neck. Bright red fluid flows from the wound, and she grins at all of you as if she's won.

>Try and save her
>"What the fuck, Ines?!"
>At least keep her from suffering
>Write-in
>>
>save her
>>
>Try and save her
>"What the fuck, Ines?!"

we are not done with her yet.
>>
>>44552499
>All those memes
Christ it really is a Sleeper.

>What the fuck, Ines
>>
>>44552499
>try and save her
>What the fuck Ines?

bitches, I'm the leader of this group wtf
>>
Hey, sorry for this happening again, the world hates us collectively, but there's some crap I need to take care of. I might be back later in which case yay, but signs point to unlikely. If you guys want to continue, keep the thread bumped through the night or just let it die. I'll pick up from here tomorrow anyway.
>>
>>44553495
achive just encase BB, otherwise be safe.
>>
>>44553495
See ya lad

>>44553930
Ya better, he seems to have left and I can't for 2 hours.
>>
>>44554005
I don't know how. ;-;
>>
>we have a FUCKING SLEEPER
[FEAR]
>>
>>44554031
suptg
request thread
from them on just copy the stuff from the other Spitalian threads and change the edition number to three

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=spitalian
>>
>>44552499
>a Sleeper party member
Not sure if want. Sleeper-chan a cute, though.
>>
bompedompe
>>
File: Degenesis Sleeper.jpg (88 KB, 736x1041) Image search: [Google]
Degenesis Sleeper.jpg
88 KB, 736x1041
>>44554621
Sleeper is best girl.
>>
it lives
>>
Waifu the Sleeper yes/no?
>>
>>44554621
>>44555271
>>44557212
My internet is rapidly crapping out on me and I haven't read the source material can anyone tell me what the heck sleepers are?
>>
>>44557239
pre apocolypse brain washed soldiers waking up from cryostasis with a killer hangover and pans for world domination.
>>
>>44557239
brainwashed people stuffed full of nanomachines who are supposed to do something. Brainwashing broke down in some of them, they have no idea what to do. Brainwashing is related to memes, so our Sleeper is a memester.
>>
>>44557303
memes
the DNA of the soul
>>
>>44557212
Will memefu even be able to survive? Is memefu even able to waifu? Seems like we're the enemy. Scrapperfu best waifu.
>>
>>44558282
memes are always the best waifus, and they can always be your ally if you embrace your inner memes
>>
Degenesis books: https://mega.nz/#F!4llFxaSJ!-s8AP4HjornW2PDjuMfl1w

>>44558561
but anon, i don't think she's insane even by sleeper standards. i think her memes are screwed up. she's rickrolling where she should be duckrolling.
>>
I am bumplord, lord of bumps
>>
bemp
>>
b]lsmfp
>>
>>44557212
I was hoping for a paler, but the sleeper would do. If they live that is.
>>
>>44558282
>>44561643
I'm pretty sure sleepers regenerate.
>>
>>44562498
>regenerating hymen
LEWD
>>
nbebgb
>>
Okay I am starting to get the setting a bit. What's the difference between fungicide and pesticide?
>>
>>44566844
fungcide is against the spores pesticide is against the bugs
>>
>>44552499
"Damnit Ines, jerk your own junk!"
>>
>>44567330
Ines is best girl.
>>
Final bump. Need to do one or two things but I'm back.

>>44563484
That's not how hymens work.
>>
>>44567330
There is a saying that I'm not sure it has an english version, but it roughly translates to "Beat the (stinging) nettle with your own junk (and not mine)"
The "()" parts aren't said, just implied.
>>
>>44567213
And both are toxic as fuck to people. Alright folks, writing.
>>
Roll me out. dice+8d6
>>
Rolled 6, 3, 6, 4, 3, 1, 5, 3 = 31 (8d6)

>>44568896
i is gud rol
>>
Rolled 3, 6, 5, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2 = 24 (8d6)

>>44568896
Not entirely sure what counts as good or not
>>
Rolled 1, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1, 1, 2 = 19 (8d6)

>>44568896
For the healing?
>>
>>44568978
Yup.
>>44568967
4, 5, and 6 are good, 1, 2, and 3 are bad. 1 is really bad, six is really good.
>>
>>44568978
>>44568967
>>44568903
Writing.
>>
You assess the damage the spear's made to her neck. The next few moments are crucial, and she may be beyond saving. You judge the positioning of the blade and what you can tell from the depth of the wounds. She'll live if you can actually manage to staunch the blood flow. "What the hell is going on, Ines?"

"A mistake," she mutters, more to herself than to you. You ignore her for now and put your full attention on your patient, reaching for your med kit. You pull out various tools and order Sofia and Claudio to press some bandages against the wounds as you attempt to get her stabilized. They look at each other, then at you, reluctant but eventually acquiescing to your request. They move gingerly, pressing the gauze around the blades as you relock your splayer. Her breathing sounds uninteruppted so you painstakingly begin the process of pulling the blades up and out of the dirt without causing further damage.

Her arms reach out quick as lightning, grabbing both Sofia and Claudio in a painful grip, knocking them together painfully before she rolls out from beneath the two of them and to her feet. She looks at you and Ines with a challenge in her eyes.

In the sheen of her armor, you can see already the bloodflow you'd tried to handle clotting up about her neck and scabbing over as if it's nothing more than a minor scratch.

>Subdue her
>Kill her
>Write-in
>>
>>44569219
>Write-in
"From a wound like this a hardened soldier would have 30 second to loose consiousness. I'm not sure how tough you are, but you can't possibly go further than a minute."
>Don't move
"I cannot guarantee that if you choose to spend that minute fighting, then you'll lose, but I can guarantee that a draw is the best you can do, because you'll die yourself."
"However I can guarantee that you'll live and maybe got to fight another day if you let me treat you."
Your choice. Time is ticking."
>>
>>44569356
>Additional note
I'm still not 100% sure with the setting, I'm just trying to finish what we started. So feel free to to vote me down if that's not something a Nico-like guy could/would do.
>>
>>44569356
She can survive this, m8. Sleepers are fucking combat monsters.

>>44569219
>>Subdue her
Trying to kill her leads to kill-or-be-killed.
>>
>>44569219
KILL HER. HOLY SHIT DOES IT LOOK LIKE SHE CARES ABOUT YOUR LIFE OR HERS?
>>
>>44569219
>>Subdue her
>>
>>44569576
>thinking you can kill a sleeper easily
>>
>>44569356
>Kill her

she clearly does not want to cooperate at this rate we are going to get seriously hurt trying to subdue this monster.
>>
>>44569630
>Thinking you'd be able to subdue one.
>>
>>44569219
>Write-in
"If you go the other way, I won't stop you."

If she wanted to attack she already would. or at least use one of our comrades as a human shield
>>
>>44569645
Just pin her to the ground through the neck or something.
>>
>>44569699
And then what?
>>
>>44569576
Which is precisely why she's so valuable as a captive. Knowing how deadly these people are, how much do u think we could get paid to bring in a living sleeper?

>>44569645
Anon if ines hadn't had a senior moment we would've already succeeded at doing so.
>>
As promised earlier, my shitty playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBAzlNJonO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOBsTJqAVNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lchKELc7B2E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AACPMznW74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWcaD5b-L1Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvTjEipCNKU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QscyR_0fCkA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUzxq9-2bBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uFExDqbBGk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqlNHKlYr_w

I wish I had popcorn for this discussion.
>>
>>44569725
Bring her to the Spital, give her to the Marauder that shows up once a year to find out how the Primer research is going.
>>
>>44569888
Chernobog's dead, you're in Purgare, and Pandora is a long way off from you.
>>
>>44569953
I mean, you can do it if you guys want, but Pollen's in the opposite direction you're going, and you'd have to go either through Balkhan or through Hellvetica with the Terminator in tow.
>>
>>44569953
Not Chernobog, Icebreaker, the one in Danzig. I'm guessing that Niko might have heard something about him, being from Pollen and all..
>>
>>44570124
I thought it was Chernobog who was also responsible for that. But like I said, if that's what you guys want to do, go for it. Surprisingly it doesn't fuck with the plot that much to go that way.
>>
At any rate, we need a tiebreaker We're evenly split between subdue, kill, and write-ins letting her go freely.
>>
>>44569219
Subdue
>>
>>44570374
>>44569587
>>44569547
Roll me dice+7d6
>>
Rolled 5, 6, 1, 3, 2, 3, 1 = 21 (7d6)

>>44570427
>>
Rolled 3, 5, 4, 5, 3, 6, 5 = 31 (7d6)

>>44570427
Here's hoping this works
>>
Rolled 6, 4, 4, 4, 1, 5, 5 = 29 (7d6)

>>44570427
here goes nothing.
>>
>>44570456
>>44570444
Writing.
>>
>>44570588
That is a good roll.
>>
Despite her wounds, she seems hardly phased at all, stepping lightly around the unconscious forms of Claudio and Sofia as if they aren't there. With one hand she moves to her arm and pulls sharply, dislodging the knife there with only a slight wince of pain. Blood flows from the wound, but like the ones on her neck, you can see the gradual shift of her flesh healing over.

The three of you maneuver, each trying to get a drop on your opposite party. Despite her nonsense speech, the other still watches you with predatory calmness. Then, with a snap of her hand, the knife goes flying toward you. You manage to dodge it, but only just barely. In the next instant she's on you, batting the spear from your hands and in your face. An explosion of pain clouds your head and you stagger back. Fists connect with your midsection enough for you to lose balance, and then you're airborne, falling back onto the ground.

You open your eyes, groggy with pain and whatever else she'd managed to do to you. Above you is the slightly glowing, androgynous form of your adversary, your own weapon in her hands. You see her muscles tense. You want to beg for your life, but no. No one gets that from you, ever. Instead you try and stare at her defiantly.

An explosion interrupts her, though, and a shower of meat and blood splashes down upon you. Your opponent is hissing darkly, falling back and holding her shoulder. You look around to find Ines not far off, pointing that strange rifle the girl had initially had. Quickly you grab your splayer and pull yourself to your feet. Keeping yourself a respectable distance away this time, you trap the girl beneath the point of your spear as Ines takes up another angle, pointing the rifle at her head.
>>
>>44571000

"Are you going to give up now, or do we keep kicking your ass?" you ask her. She's hissing in pain still, her eyes wild and flashing between you and Ines. Finally she nods roughly. Ines laughs.

"You're too soft, Szajda," she tells you. "Now what do we do with her?"

>Take her with us to L'Aquila and figure things out from there
>See if we can't figure out more about her
>There's this place in Pollen that would know what to do about her....
>Write-in

So, funny story. You guys very nearly died there. The Sleeper rolled almost all 6's and a 5. The only reason you're living is Ines got an all 6 roll, hence how things played out here. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>44571042
>>
>>44571042
>The only reason you're living is Ines got an all 6 roll, hence how things played out here. You can't make this shit up.
INES IS BEST GIRL

>>
>>44571042
>>
>>44571081
>>44571300
>>44571329
"Why did you just try killing yourself?" you ask, trying to keep calm. In the glow of your coldlight and the chunk of raw gore revealed beneath her armor, you can see things shifting back, repairing. It's sickening, almost, yet you can't keep your eyes off of it. "How are you healing?" She just looks at you, defiant now rather than impassive.

"You aren't going to get much more out of her," Ines tells you, keeping her eyes on the girl. "Have you ever heard of Sleepers?"

You glance at Ines, then the girl before shaking your head. "Can't say I have."

Ines smiles wanly. "Not too surprising, so don't feel bad. Their existence is kind of an open secret, mostly because no one really knows much about them, and they like it that way. But they're trying to do something. What it is, I'm not sure anyone knows but they go about and try to play the prophet for something. In the long run they're more trouble than they're worth. They have access to a lot of weapons and artifacts from before the Eschaton, though."

You frown. "What does that have to do with us?"

Ines shrugs. "Nothing, most like. This girl, she's strange even for a Sleeper. They have a certain way of acting and talking, and it certainly isn't how she does."

"Get wrecked," the girl mutters at Ines, who spits next to her face in return.

"Mind your elders," she tells the girl on the ground. "I'm not sure what else you want from her," she addresses to you. "I can't tell you her purpose, and I doubt she's going to tell you, either, seeing as she tried to kill herself when I asked."

>Kill her
>Take her with us to L'Aquila
>About those contacts in Sicilia....
>Elaborate the plan going to Pollen
>Write-in
>>
>>44571685
>>Take her with us to L'Aquila
Memester is cute.
>>
>>44571685
>About those contacts in Sicilia....
>>
>>44571685
>Kill her
Unless we can effectively ensure she can't hurt us on our journey, might as well kill her.
>>
>>44571685
>Elaborate the plan going to Pollen

>>44571791
>Repeatedly and actively tries killing you
>"Let's take her with us, she a cute!"
waifufags, everyone.
>>
>>44571685
>>Elaborate the plan going to Pollen
ICEBREAKER
>>
>>44571840
>>44572098
Looks like we're going with this. Any objections? I'll give you ten minutes to debate.
>>
in my honest opinion even if we wanted we are not in any sort of way equipped to drag this superhuman killing machine all the way across europe, prehaps not even to L'Aquila the reward might be great, but i have this dread feeling the price we might have to pay for it.
>>
Alright. Pollen it is. Writing. This is going to take a minute.
>>
>>44571685
>>Take her with us to L'Aquila
>>
File: Route to Danzig.jpg (596 KB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
Route to Danzig.jpg
596 KB, 1138x1600
Actually, my food just arrived. I'll be back in a bit. Here's a map showing routes. Talk among yourselves, etc etc.
>>
>>44572609
That route takes us across half a continent. Can somebody tell me exactly WHY we're doing this instead of taking literally any of the other plans?
>>
>>44572758
There's a Marauder named Icebreaker that rewards handsomely the Spital for new information such as things like Psychonaut behavior, Sleeper habits, Sleepers and Psychonauts themselves etc
I kind of wanna see why exactly Niko fled with the Spital from Pollen in the first place
We get to see more than just Purgare doing this
I'm sure there are waifufags that think we can maybe rehabilitate Sleeper-chan
Palers
Jehammedans
We can see the protectorate
Hellvetica
There's a lot that can be done that way.
>>
>>44572823
that's all fun and games however looking at that it takes us miles away from roma the places we were first asked to go to and the higher ups are going to take notice of us vanishing for an escort quest.
>>
>>44572876
The benefits outweigh the risks.
>>
>>44572758
Yes yes, but does any of that make a lick of sense in character? We're still halfway to L'aquilla with a procession of refugees following us. Now we're forgetting about everything we were doing until now in favor of a plan I'm just hearing about now.
>>
>>44572928
you do realize that you are suggesting that we just out of the blue with our little party unprepared drag a and i repeat what i said above super human killing machine all the way to the north who has all the intent and non of the reluctance to kill us and you just want to go do you even realize how long of a journy it is going to be.
>>
>>44573008
This. Holy shit does anyone else here think this plan sounds incredibly pointless and dangerous, especially when its put into context?

>>44572981
Meant to reply to >>44572823
>>
>>44572981
We head to L'Aquila, and then Rome, either hand the Sleeper over or take her up to Danzig.
>>
>>44572823
>I kind of wanna see why exactly Niko fled with the Spital from Pollen in the first place
It's kind of already half-answered through that. The rest was going to keep coming about as the story progresses.
>We get to see more than just Purgare doing this
Who said you were going to stay in Purgare? Look at the things you've learned, from Ines, from Claudio, and from your own history. Look at the Sleeper. This story's bigger than Purgare already.
>I'm sure there are waifufags that think we can maybe rehabilitate Sleeper-chan
And I'm curious about this, what exactly makes anyone think that she's going to be eligible? As others have stated, she's tried killing you what, three times in this scene alone?
>Palers
There's a Sleeper in this already, did you think I was going to leave out the Palers?
>Jehammedans
What about them?
>We can see the protectorate
You still may. Hell, Roma has a contingency of Protectorate representatives there already, if Claudio's to be believed.
>Hellvetica
See my above answers.

Don't get me wrong, if you guys want to go to Pollen, we'll go to Pollen. There's plenty I can do with it. But if those reasons are why you're wanting it, I'm kind of disappointed in the faith you have in me.
>>
>>44573123
that's still rather silly do we have anyway to restrain her to guard her to make sure that she doesn't in the middle of the night crushes our wind pipes and runs let's not forget to mention the fact that we took the more direct route so not only do have to watchout for psychonauts now we also have to guard her and watch out that she either doesn't stab us in the back during one of the inevetable encounters or runs off in the chaos.
>>
>>44573216
>already half-answered through that
The flashbacks, I meant.
>>
>>44572981
TFW we abandon our plan and our orders and start a weeks-long journey in the wrong direction without the slightest preparation or justification, just because we ran into a rare edgelord who tried to murder us
>>
"We could take her to Pollen," you say quietly, eyeing the girl with a critical gaze.

Ines actually turns to look at you, agog. "Are you INSANE? That idea is ridiculous, even for you."

"Perhaps not," you tell her. "There is a place there, in Danzig, that she could be of use." You smile wryly. "The benefits for bringing her there would be...immense." Your thoughts drift back to the first time you'd heard of such a deal.

The infirmary is quiet today. Malingerers have been found and taken from here to prepare for Chernobog's coming. The entire city's been put into overtime, turning even this dreary hold into a glittering wonderland that would put rumors of the African paradises to shame. The place is practically empty, save for you and a few others.

You don't know why the Spitalians have kept you here for so long. They've assured you the Primer that you'd accidentally ingested had been purged from your system. They don't tell you how they've done it, but you choose not to contradict them. They've been kind to you in this time, letting you ask your questions and genuinely surprised when you seem to catch on quickly to concepts that you suppose are too advanced for someone who doesn't even know how to read.

Even they are quiet, sitting in the corner as they are. They speak back and forth about Danzig, and entreating Chernobog to allow one or two of them to accompany him there. Something about an Icebreaker. "We haven't seen anything.....the fractal for..."

"...can only hope Icebreaker likes...."

You try coming closer, but one notices you and they all fall silent, waiting for you to return to the window where you'd been watching the preparations before they start up again. Your curious looks are only met with one of the kinder ones looking back and shaking her head before you can even form a question...
>>
>>44574136
You come back to yourself and look at Ines for a moment. "A lot of what the Spital have discovered recently has been because of the things we bring to Icebreaker."

Ines looks unconvinced. "I thought you needed to go to Roma," she says leadingly.

"Some things are more important than orders. Our superiors would understand," you tell her, even as you doubt the notion yourself.

"And how exactly are we transporting her that far? I'm certain our friend Claudio over there has rope, but then what? What happens when it breaks, or she slips loose? I've only offered Sicilia as a possibility because we only need dump her with my men in L'Aquila and they would take care of the rest. Our routes are longer still if we go to Pollen."

>We go through the Balkhan (Less questions that way. However going through the Balkhan would require you find new clothing and hide your Spitalian equipment due to an intense dislike of the Spital from the native population.)
>We take the route through Hellvetica (More people to contend with, but less danger from hostile people most of the way there. However, danger arises from the extremely hostile Cockroach Clan, as well as the lurking possibility of a wide variety of Primer creatures such as psychonauts.)
>Leave her with Ines' men in L'Aquila
>Kill her now
>Let her go
>Write in
>>
>>44574155
Kill her
>>
>>44574155
>Leave her with Ines' men in L'Aquila

L'Aquila isn't that far by the looks of the map we should be able to make that and just dump her there for some immediate and guarenteed rewards.
>>
>>44574155
>leave her with Ines' men in L'Aquila
>>
>>44574417
>>44574235
Alright. We'll go with this. Anyone feel like this is a good spot to end this? I can go either way.
>>
>>44574552
yeah this seems like a good spot to just write a final bit and close off this thread has been running pretty long.
>>
>>44574552
So... Shes our hostage now? Or whats going on here?
>>
>>44574635
You're selling her into slavery.
>>
>>44574635
pretty much we are taking her prisoner dragging her over to L'Aquila and hand her over to someone beter prepared to handle something like this and cash in on what capturing one of these monsters entales.
>>
>>44574670
>>44574676
I did not approve of this anon's. -waggles finger- What are we even supposed to get paid in?
>>
>>44574691
what else did you want to do with her she i clearly to brainwashed or insane to convert into a party member the other option had us drag her all the way north and the last one just bags us a corpse
>>
>>44574691
Dosh and supplies.
>>
Alright. We're ending it here. Any questions and comments, go ahead and ask them. Next thread will be up in a few days. Hope you all enjoyed.

Also the thread might not show up in the archive, looks like whoever placed it there messed up the tagging system.
>>
>>44574726
And let's face it, its a bit early in the quest to start the waifu wars.
>>
>>44574887
reachive it? Also RIP random sleeper then?

RIP memmachine 2016 Also thanks for the run OP>
>>
RIP in peace memester-chan

you were best girl
>>
>>44575664
We can stop this, We can save the memester worse best case or she saves us and we owe her a life debt
>>
why the fuck are you guys waifuing this random encounter chick? she was annoying as fuck.
Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.