[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/swg/- Star Wars General: The Riskiest Business Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75
File: GJqMNSi.webm (291 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
GJqMNSi.webm
291 KB, 640x360
Post about X-Wing, Armada, FFG's Star Wars RPGs, d6, d20 (Saga), movies, shows, books, comics, vidya, Lego, lore and everything else Star Wars related.

Previous Thread: >>44443700

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/v77AhEFV
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZkpXpbJ1

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (Including d6 and d20/Saga)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Miscellaneous Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

So you want to watch The Clone Wars (But You Don't Want to Watch the Whole Series)
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Discussion Topics:

>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?

>Who is you favorite Jedi or Sith?
>>
>>44452263
He's already in the trailer m8, and the NAACP already praised him getting a solo movie and being played by a great actor.
>>
File: Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens1.jpg (30 KB, 636x434) Image search: [Google]
Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens1.jpg
30 KB, 636x434
>>44452330

oh yeah wasn't this the best scene in TFA?
>>
>>44452349
Which trailer was that in?
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 549x760) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 549x760
>>44452274
Irrelevant. Is not a vehicle, ship, or non-Force character. Applied data: Bossk.
Irrelevant. Is not a vehicle, ship, or non-Force character. Applied data: LAAT/i Gunship.
>>
>>44452349
>Promo picture for Vanity Fair = Trailer Footage

You could at least try and argue that not all trailer footage winds up in a movie, man. You're not even trying.
>>
>>44452349
>>44452370
It's a promo shot for Vanity Fair.

He's saying it's the best because it wasn't in the movie.

Now I think it's time to drop /tg/ for a while because I poked the bear again. Someday I might learn not to but I doubt it.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 766x389) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 766x389
>>44452349
We were talking about the best superhero, White-Hating Coon.
>>
jesus.
how many threads per day are we up to now?
>>
File: Modernized Polymer FG-42.jpg (171 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
Modernized Polymer FG-42.jpg
171 KB, 900x675
I just realized something that my inner /k/ommando should have realized years ago. The Clone Commando DC-17m is just a star wars-ified FG-42

>side-loaded magazine? Check
>usable both as marksman's rifle/sniper and assault rifle? Check
>only issued to special forces? Check

Only thing the DC does and the FG doesn't do is anti-armour but i'm sure there is some madman out there working on how to fit a short m203 to a modernized FG-42
>>
File: karate-farmer.jpg (72 KB, 500x669) Image search: [Google]
karate-farmer.jpg
72 KB, 500x669
>>44452274
>>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?
Matukai
Become fist of fury!
>>Who is you favorite Jedi or Sith?
Palps, something endlessly appealing about a bad guy that really doesn't have any redeeming character traits. Always evil, all the time
>>
>>44452563
Apparently they're making repo's of the FG's again which is kind of interesting, not that I can own one here
>>

Probably Jensaraai but that's just because I,Jedi was one of the first star wars books i read after the thrawn trilogy

Bardan Jusik
>>
>>44452274
>Favorite Force Tradition
Definitely the night sisters

>Favorite Sith
Darth Marr
>>
Is it just me or is the Fly Casual pdf pretty close to unreadable?
>>
>>44452769
yeah. it's pretty bad.

What's the list of things that aren't good quality/are out but not scanned yet?
>>
>>44452769
My copy is ok, did you get the one off KAT?
>>
>>44452274
>Favorite Tradition
For some reason, the Imperial Knights strike me as pretty awesome.

>Favorite Jedi or Sith
Darth Revan in KOTOR I.
>>
File: Ep.VII pilots.jpg (750 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
Ep.VII pilots.jpg
750 KB, 2560x1529
Anyone figured out what the "Porkin's Belly Run" maneuver is yet?

My money's on emergency landing without repulsor assist, aka belly flop landing
>>
>>44452274
Does the Inquisitorius count? I just think their sabers look neat, wonder if they make them in single bladed variants too

A toss up between Jolee Bindo and Visas Marr
>>
>"SENATOR AMIDALA, REALIZING THAT MORE TROOPS WILL ONLY PROLONG THE FIGHTING PROPOSES A BILL TO CUT MILITARY SPENDING"
What the fuck TCW? How does that make any sense?
>>
>>44452864

>Modular Secondary Weapon Pods

Title upgrade that allows for missiles and/or cannons?

Probably too much. The T-65 would need an versatility upgrade much more than the T-70.
>>
>>44452864
Porkins was actually really good at low-altitude strafing, which is why his nickname was "Belly Runner."

And that was actually Nien Nunb? I thought it was just another Sullustan.
>>
>>44452909
she's like 23 and probably smoking crack all the time
that sounds like something a university-aged kid would come up with, honestly
>>
File: IMG_1320.jpg (958 KB, 2606x1659) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1320.jpg
958 KB, 2606x1659
>>44452493

If you remove the trolling and countertrolling, probably less than one thread of actual content per day.
>>
>>44452869
>my life for yours

Yes!
>>
>>44452816
Only things not scanned are Mask of the Pirate Queen and Keeping the Peace. Everything else is scanned and should have both good quality and highly compressed OCR'd versions in the torrent. And then there might be medium quality OCR'd versions floating around of everything from the AoR beginner game and before from the original scanner.
>>
>>44452948
>"Bringing in more clones will not win this war, we must promote diplomacy to bring an end to this conflict"
>diplomacy
>with droids that are only programmed to kill
>>
>>44453004
...With their leaders. Not the droids themselves.

Or did you think that the droids were acting independently of any leadership?
>>
>>44453039
THE CLONE WARS WERE AN INSIDE JOB
>>
>>44452817
I got it off the links in the op.
>>
>>44453039
Their chain of command was
>Sheev
>Dooku
>Grievious
>Various Trade Federation assholes (the guys that design droid armies for fun)

So yeah, I don't think there's much room for diplomacy. Also, those Commander Droids were seriously evil, maybe moreso than most of their commanders.
>>
>>44452909
Yeah i was going "You wot m8?" at her entire line of reasoning in that arc.
Heck, my country hasn't been at war* for almost 400 years and anyone i've asked about that thinks that is completely and utterly fucked sideways.

'We have been part of several UN peacekeeping operations however but those doesn't count as we only sent a small amount of our troops
>>
>>44453106
Amidala didn't know about Palpy. Dooku was the leader of the CIS and renowned for being very gentlemanly so she was hoping that she could make him see reason.

Still really dumb though. Somehow, she forgot they tried to execute her in a gladatorial arena.
>>
>>44453147
Or that Geonosis decided to join the CIS AGAIN, this time with evil zombie making worms.
>>
File: Mystic Space Stuff.png (2 MB, 1550x816) Image search: [Google]
Mystic Space Stuff.png
2 MB, 1550x816
>>44452274

Whatever the fuck this was. I'm a sucker for mythic origin stories.

Gonna go with Jolee Bindu. Rahm Kota might take second place for his bitchin' coat of arms.
>>
File: laughingtycho.jpg (43 KB, 330x501) Image search: [Google]
laughingtycho.jpg
43 KB, 330x501
>>44452920
>T-65 versatility upgrade
>Wedge with HLC
Seriously, though, I feel like the movement dial, action options, and generics are the real problems with the old girl.
>>
>>44452964
>my life for yours
I wonder how far you could push her undying loyalty...
>>
>>44453218

Old bird needs an engine retrofit? Makes sense. Put some versatility in her. It'd have to be cheap and distinct from the T-70, though.
>>
If I were to run a Sith quest, do you think people could handle making decisions that seemed counter-intuitive?
>>
>>44452984
well shit. I've been getting mine off the op and those copies aren't all nice.
>>
>>44453321
There's two up already. Go see for yourself.
>>
File: starfighters of adumar.jpg (215 KB, 463x800) Image search: [Google]
starfighters of adumar.jpg
215 KB, 463x800
>>44453309
>cheap and distinct from the T-70
Alternately, we could take the opposite route and cook up a T-85 with older, more experienced versions of many of the T-65 pilots--NR veterans like Wedge, Wes, Hobbie, Tycho, and Luke. Or is the T-70 already on the upper end of reasonable point costs for Rebside?
>>
>>44453321
how do you mean?
>>
>>44453402
Giving into your anger or making impulsive choices could lead to positive outcomes, rather than fucking you over.

Or deliberately choosing to do things that seem harmful strengthens your commitment to the dark side, and raises your potential.

Hopefully you'd alternate between sly plotting and sudden outbursts of extreme violence.
>>
>>44453390

They'd be piloting well into their 50s and 60s, they'd probably have retired to the quiet family life at that point. And a T-85 would probably present all the problems people have with the T-70 outclassing the original X-Wing.

Plus, we haven't seen any T-85s yet, so they'd be a while in the making.
>>
/swg/ I'm trying to make a fourth class of enemy above Nemesis (and, thus, above the PCs) for my FFG game. It's called Legend and it's exclusively given to canon characters so that they aren't indestructible set pieces but you can't just get lucky and kill them either. If you want to take down the Emperor, you can, but you better bring your full party of 10,000 XP dudes.

So far, they get the Legendary X Talent, where a number of times per round equal to X, they get a free action or manoeuvre directly after an opponent's turn. Basically like Legendary Actions in D&D Next, and the same 'once per enemy' restriction, so Darth Revan with Legendary 10 still only gets one normal turn in a 1-on-1 fight, but gets his full extra 10 in a mass combat scene. They also automatically convert all incoming damage to Personal Scale, regardless of source - you can use your 11 damage Turbolaser on the bad guy, but it will actually deal 11 damage, not 110, because it luckily landed ten feet away or they shrugged it off or something. Finally, when a Force Sensitive Legend uses a power on a non-Legend, there is never an opposed roll (other than getting pips, and when the power forces a roll). If Darth Vader is on turn and decides he's going to Immobilize your party, he Immobilizes your whole party. Done.

Is there anything I'm missing? Again, I want canons to be beatable (and killable, with all the wacky AU stuff that causes), but it should be a unique challenge. Not like the Tarrasque where they just have really good stats, they are actually legitimately scary.
>>
>>44453455
>they'd probably have retired to the quiet family life at that point
Leia, Han, Chewie, and Nien Nunb are still in the thick of things by the TFA era. It wouldn't be unreasonable to see other Rebellion veterans going full cowboy cop to fight the First Order while the politicians play with their dicks.

Maybe an XJ-series retrofit a la Chardaan? Or some sort of title to improve general pilot utility?
>>
Finished watching The Force Awakens and I'm very confused about Kylo Ren.

Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual? That loser lost to a bunch of nobodies in the last fight and he was trained by motherfuckin' Luke and Snoke, two of what's probably the best Force users in this trilogy.
He was no Vader, in fact I don't think any Sith has ever lost so badly like Ren did and it's worst by the fact that he lost to shitters.
If his supposed to be top dog of Knights of Ren then I guess they aren't really that great. Worst Star Wars antagonist ever.
>>
>>44453576

Chewie and Nien Nunb are aliens and who knows how old they live. Chewie looks the same as he did in the Clone Wars.

Leia and Han ended up doing the same old things because their son killed a whole bunch of children and turned evil, so they kind of broke. The rest of Rogue Squadron would have to have had a whole lot of broken dreams, familiar, personal tragedies, and not happy endings in order to all have decided to get back in the pilot's seat. It'd be like a bunch of WWII vets getting back aboard their old battleship to fight aliens.
>>
>>44453678
This whole Knights of Ren thing is also really shitty.
>>
>>44453438
Oh well yeah that's pretty much how the Sith Academy quest goes
>>
>>44453542
>Legendary X Talent
Not necessary. Rules already say GMs can give big Nemesis multiple turns a round. Or it may say 2 per round, regardless, you'd just be stretching an existing suggestion; it doesn't really need a specific talent.

>convert all incoming damage to Personal Scale
This makes a 4 damage planetary scale weapon less effective than a holdout blaster.

>>44453678
>Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual?
Probably. Everything is meant to be kicking him into finishing his training. Essentially he's supposed to be that NPC that grows in strength along with the PCs as opposed to the big bad PCs are supposed to fear until they're loaded up on XP and gear.
>>
>>44453678
>That loser lost to a bunch of nobodies in the last fight and he was trained by motherfuckin' Luke and Snoke
Luke has had literally no formal lightsaber training, he's just sort of fucked around. Snoke is a mystery, but has explicitly not finished training Ren.
Ren was also busy bleeding out from a gutshot during that fight.

Also yes he was very much supposed to not be vader 2.0
>>
>>44453678
First, Kylo got shot in the gut. By a weapon that's shown to blow the fuck out of stormtroopers, sending them flying meters. The fact that he stood there and didn't move is either JJ being dumb, or deliberately showing his strength.

Second, he was in control of the Finn fight basically the entire time.

Third, the entire fight with Rey up until the very end after he had her bent backwards and she had her epiphany, she was running from him, unable to do anything.

This is AFTER he's bleeding out the entire time.

But yes, the whole point is "Kylo wants to be a hardcore dark sider but the good in him won't let him." He's the anti-Vader. Where Vader is calm and collected, Kylo is whiny and prone to tantrums - in other words, exactly like Anakin was at his lowest points before he finally fell.

As for the Knights, I'm sure we'll see more of them (and obviously, Snoke too) in VIII.
>>
>>44453678
>shown as a pathetic and weakass individual
Partly. He's powerful but rough and unpolished--his training wasn't really complete. He's also likely meant to come across as an unstable brat who only has the shallowest understanding of grandpa's legacy. His loss was also partly due to the fact that he'd taken a severe beating previously.

>>44453690
>It'd be like a bunch of WWII vets getting back aboard their old battleship to fight aliens.
See, that only makes it sound cooler. And with the destruction of a whole fleet and Bumfuckistan Prime, I bet that guys like Wedge are busy fueling up their old X-wings again.
>>
Hey guys, what ship would you gentss take for a nice, long, relaxing, romantic exploration cruise in with through the unknown regions?
>>
>>44453576
Han and Chewie spent most of their time being smugglers and Leia has always been a staff officer. While it wouldn't be out of the question to see older pilots they'd more than likely be instructors rather than frontline pilots.
>>
>>44453817
In the star wars universe? No less than a fully armed and staffed star destroyer.

You know how many rapists and thieves and slavers are out there? You'd be dead in a week.
>>
>>44453809

Their sloppy intro in an offhand line kind of irks me. Could have kept it silent about who those masked men were, and just have them show up as unstoppable antagonists in VIII.

Really, JJ fucked up by making VII an add for VIII. I really hope VIII isn't an ad for IX.
>>
>>44453846
Even a single star destroyer might have its hands full.

Get me an SSD, bartender.
>>
>>44453817
>Unknown Regions

I think I'll try walking on the surface of a neutron star first.

>>44453846
Surprisingly few. There are FAR worse things in the Unknown Regions.

Like Mngar-Mngar.
>>
Just bought X-Wing - TFA and I am really impressed by the quality of the minis. I am used to pre-painted models being garbage but I really like the models included.

Hopefully my Imperial Aces will get here fairly soon.
>>
>>44453887
But a SSD by itself would run into so many logistical issues in the UR. Might want to scale down to an entire flotilla of Gladiators with Star Galleons hauling supplies and parts.
>>
>>44453897
Mnngal-mnngal.

Because WotC had to come up with weird shit to fill in the blank check that was "Here Be Dragons" also known as the Unknown Regions.
>>
>>44453846
I know, I wanted to spark ship and Unknown Regions talk.

It went well.
>>
>>44453875
Movies in a planned arc will always be at least partially incomplete without the other films. It's almost always been this way.
>>
>>44453945
Whatever it is, I have no desire to enter the Unknown regions at all.

Unless we're picking up hot Chiss babes and immediately leaving.
>>
>>44453897
>I think I'll try walking on the surface of a neutron star first.

You mean because it's a liquid and you can't walk on liquid?

Or are you just dropping buzzwords?
>>
>>44453945
That thing always struck me as overly Star Trekky. Same with Aboleth and Waru, they could have been interesting if they had just been in a setting that supported them better.

On the other hand, all three are nightmare fuel.
>>
File: Elsa-Cry a lot.jpg (179 KB, 700x379) Image search: [Google]
Elsa-Cry a lot.jpg
179 KB, 700x379
>>44453988

It's what I'm hoping will not be, but deep down know to be true.
>>
>>44453994
He was saying suicide by star is preferable to suicide by the unknown regions.
>>
>>44453900

Related - my wife likes the Rebellion - I was advised last night that the aces stuff is pretty good for both Imperials and Rebels so should that be her next pick up?
>>
>>44453817
Have you considered the fact that there's a reason the hyperspace anomaly exists and we shouldn't enter the Unknown Regions?
>>
>>44454005
Oh yeah. There's that TNG episode with a tar thing that kills Tasha.

>>44453989
The Unknown Regions works best if you leave it legitimately Unknown. The more you flesh it out, the less appealing it becomes.

Just let it be Weird Shit: Entire Quadrant Edition. Post a "Here Be Dragons" warning and get the fuck out of Dodge.
>>
>>44454028
I somehow doubt that.
>>
>>44454056
Eh, there's a few neat things that came out of the UR. Thrawn, the Shi'ido, Hurrikaine, etc.

>>44454083
How does "Go for a swim on Raxus Prime" Sound? Or "sun bath on Hoth"?

It was a euphemism for suicide.
>>
>>44453321
If you were going to run this, when would you start? And how often would you run?
>>
>>44454083
Well, the star will burn you up quickly and cleanly.

The Unknown Regions will take the time to mind rape you, enslave you, torture you, mutilate you, make you eat McDonalds and then keep you alive just to let you bask in the horror it has brought upon you.

So yeah, death by star? Much better.
>>
>>44453678

>Is Kylo Ren really supposed to be shown as a pathetic and weakass individual?

"pathetic" is debatable but probably intentional.

"weakass" is I think the wrong way to look at it. Fucker is a tank, straight up. He is gutshot by the Bowcaster which is still a mag-assisted plasma crossbow thing and apparently has the strength and stamina to jog out in front of our heroes, and tosses them around pretty bad despite getting multiple saber wounds until he continues to help Rey in her spirit quest and even then he still looks like he wants to go another couple rounds. And then Snoke even says he hasn't finished training him.

He's got strong qualities, but they aren't the qualities he WANTS to have, so he throws a lot of tantrums. Depending on what Snoke's play book is, getting emotional like that might be intentional. Fear, Anger, Hate, Suffering. He's constantly trying to be a better dark-side user, and he's shitty at it. His signature move is like Stasis/Protect. I think it's almost deliberately ironic, he's trying to be a baby-eating bad guy, and somehow he just can't tip that last bit. He even shanks his own dad, and that still doesn't make him into a sun-eating badass like he wants to be.
>>
>>44454138
Slow down son, that wasn't even a pitch
>>
>>44454139
Actually, I mentioned Neutron star because the gravity would kill me well before the heat or radiation.
>>
Anybody else feel that Aurra Sing should have died long ago?
>>
>>44454164
I will be quite honest. My knowledge of star varieties is pretty shit. But still, gravity death is much better.
>>
>"In memory of Akira Kurosawa"
>4 bounty hunters
>3 jedi
>joining forces to fight pirates
LUCAS YOU MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>44454196
I have no opinion on when she should have died, but those fingers freak me out every time.
>>
>>44454145
>>44453809

The phrase I liked that I saw someone on /tg/ use about him is 'In a galaxy much less far away we'd be reading about him in a headline about a school shooting'.

He's unstable and emotional and not thinking clearly but unlike a true dark side user he's doing a poor job of drawing power on it. Instead it's making him falter and overcompensate.
>>
>>44454031
Yeah. The awing and bwing from that with the xwing from core is a good starting point. From there just add other ships too taste.
>>
>>44454207
It's actually an astronomy thing. Neutron Stars exist.

>>44454216
>Protecting farmers who don't want to fight
>Embo's species is a Kyuzo

Oh my god.
>>
>>44454299
Well yes, I know they exist, I just lack a knowledge about them.
>>
Why didn't Leia use The Force? Why did Luke neglect training? Why was this ignored? Why didn't Leia give Rey some pointers or talk to her? why the mad rush to find Luke?
>>
>>44454318
The short of it is that they're just a step down from blackholes as far as extreme gravity goes.
>>
>>44454341
Maybe leia just isn't force sensitive.
>>
>>44454341
Leia decided she didn't want to go down the road of training in the Force. That's really all there is to it.
>>
File: interference newman.gif (216 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
interference newman.gif
216 KB, 180x180
>>44454363
>>
>>44454363
Yoda explicitly said she was in RoTJ.

Also, she felt Han die.
>>
>>44454224

Fair assessment. We make a lot of jokes about him being an emo kid but that is kind of it.

Obviously, you have to read between the lines a little, but it looks a lot like Ben didn't fit in as the son of a pair of Rebel Heroes, so they sent him to train with Luke. Where he doesn't fit in because he's the teacher's nephew and grandson of Vader and his talent's probably aren't as flashy as people are expecting. I assume at this point Snoke snatches him up and is like "You know how you could be a badass? Be like your grandpa and be really evil", so he stabs all his classmates and all that jazz... and he's still not super powerful like he wants to be. He's got to much natural emotional instability and not the proper drive, so he keeps being troubled by the question of "did I do the right thing", but he also doesn't have as deep a font of self-loathing as Vader had to draw on. Or maybe that shit just doesn't work for him - maybe force users have different strengths and weaknesses to draw on and the same method doesn't work for everybody.

I'd also say Rey is supposed to be a deliberate counterpoint. She's a natural talent, but she and everybody around her just assumes she's a nobody. But she's lived a nobody's hard-knock, space hobo life where presumably she taught herself to do a lot of things. And Ren, continuing to be a bit of a tosser just keeps pushing her buttons in terms of the Force so she actually starts to harness all that raw talent.

Ben/Kylo keeps trying to pull himself up to somebody else's level. Real Dark Side Masters like Sheev and Vader drag people down.
>>
>>44454363
>>44454341

She's specifically called out as having that power as well in RotJ.

Even in Legends, however, she mostly doesn't learn much, and prefers her political role to her Force-sensitive one.

But she does feel when Han dies, so there is that.
>>
>>44454417
Early Legends yes, but in the later ones she fully embraces her abilities.
>>
>>44454410

Both of them are counterpoints in another way.

They are both defined by family. She is driven to find the family she lost, Ren is driven to live up to the family he never met.
>>
File: x-wings and y-wings.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
x-wings and y-wings.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
Speaking of neutron stars and black holes, what other funky stellar phenomena and objects could one use to spice up a space battle?
>>
>>44454408
>>44454417
She felt that Luke was alive in ROTJ, and detected him when he was under Cloud City.
>>
File: 1408796095640.jpg (141 KB, 1200x665) Image search: [Google]
1408796095640.jpg
141 KB, 1200x665
>>44452274

Probably the Jensaraai, they seem pretty cool

Tales of the Jedi had the best example of the Jedi though - that being, Jedi Masters had their own methods, taught their own ideas, and did so where ever they wanted - there was no central temple - and so you had this mix of different types of Jedi with different values.

>Sith
Sith are and have always been retarded

Jedi? Nomi Sunrider, and Ulic Qel Droma - as far as Sith, I've always liked Exar Kun, hes a classic that way.

If your talking OJO, probably Plo Koon because he's a cool guy - all the other Jedi that get screen time in TCW seem really stiff (Aayla is a good example of that, she lacks character almost completly) - The only one who seems to have much character is Quinlan Vos, but he's such a gigantic mary sue in the comics, I cant bring myself to like the guy.

Despite being a massive jobber, Dooku is still awesome
>>
>>44454468

And, while it's a little early to call it - this will probably be a big part of how their arcs resolve.

Rey will learn to move beyond her "old" family and join a new family in the Jedi and Resistance, and Ren will realize he's not Darth Vader, and he shouldn't have turned his back on his family.

And then for Maximum poetry, that would be the moment when he dies dramatically facing Snoke/Phasma/TR-8R
>>
>>44454476
Nebulas and Brown Dwarves would be neat.

You could use the dust in a nebula to interfere with the ships.
>>
File: Bardan Jusic.jpg (141 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
Bardan Jusic.jpg
141 KB, 800x500
>>44452661
>Bardan Jusik

My Vode!
>>
>>44454468
there's also the whole fact that we get to see darth hot-topic's character, while desert-hobo padme is just kind of there
>>
>>44454476
Pulsars should play merry hell with sensors and droids and people, but it's soft-sci
>>
>>44454476

Magnetars, Pulsars, Frozen Stars, weird nebulae or debris fields, macroengineering structures...

Or just use this
http://www.seventhsanctum.com/generate.php?Genname=spacephenomena
>>
>>44453778
>This makes a 4 damage planetary scale weapon less effective than a holdout blaster.
Not if you look at it from a cinematic perspective. A shot from an X-Wing will certainly hurt Luke far more than a Holdout Blaster, yeah, and that's why it doesn't hit him. He's literally got mechanical plot armour. You barely graze him, or miss and hit him with the blast radius, or (more likely) it doesn't get through his soak and you've blown up some nearby scenery. If you want to hurt him you have to get in there and do it yourself, at which point you're fully exposed to all of his wacky powers. If you have another method though, I'd love to hear it - I'm looking for suggestions.
>>
The Dark Side is kind of hard to take seriously when it's canonically just a faster route to less power than studying the normal Force. It basically means that all dark siders are just idiots who can't figure out how to attain the full power of the Force, but then every single Sith Lord is some kind of unstoppable badass monster that can bend solar flares outwards to destroy entire fleets or devour the lives of an entire colony's population in an instant. You never see a Jedi pull off feats of similar power. Luke didn't even come close to beating Vader until he gave into his anger and beat Vader down in a fit of rage to the point that all Vader could do was desperately grip the railing and deflect Luke's blows.

It's like wanting to have the cake of having villains who are ultimately just misguided fools that need to be brought back to the light, but wanting to eat it as them being fearsomely powerful compared to Jedi, too.
>>
>>44452274
Does the name "Kylo Ren" mean anything background wise? Is it a title? The guys who killed the resurrected order were the Knights of Ren, so is "Kylo" a title like "Darth" is?
>>
>>44454753
Ren is the title.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 272x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 272x340
>>44452274
>Favorite Force Tradition

Toss up between Imperial Knights and Zeison Sha. Yeah they aren't fluffed pretty much at all but I like their silly blade boomerangs.

>favorite Jedi or Sith
Plo fucking Koon
>>
>>44454772
>Plo fucking Koon
Muh Nigga Dor
>>
>>44454697
The dark side isn't really "less" powerful than the Force, but the power it does offer is more of the destructive variety, which is easier to show off.

If the Sith are the first Death Star, the Jedi are that lone X-Wing that fires a torpedo to blow the station up.

>>44454753
The Knights of Ren are an organization, Kylo Ren is an adopted name. It's totally-not-"Darth," essentially.
>>
>>44453678
Honestly this was one of my top three problems with the movie. I like the idea of Kylo in a vacuum but there was just no tension whatsoever in the movie. Hux is a laughably overt Nazi expy, Snoke never appears outside hologram and nothing he says is really intimidating, Phasma is a worthless jobber and Kylo is incompetent. The villains weren't threatening, they weren't scary, there's no tension in the movie. We don't even really know enough about the First Order and New Republic to understand what's at stake.
>>
>>44454410

it is, again, worth noting that despite being gut-shot, utterly fucked-up in the head, and having just had to take out another guy who put up a fight, Kylo Ren is still totally kicking Rey's ass up until he says the absolute stupidest thing he could possibly say in that situation

"I could teach you."

or, as someone else once said, "Use the Force, Rey."
>>
>>44454753

Pretty sure it's just a name. Why an entire order of darksiders decided to use his name as their own is beyond me, especially since he's a total fucking loser who doesn't have an ounce of charisma and just a couple of flashy force powers.
>>
>>44454772
>Imperial Knights
Mah Kung

>Plo Koon
I can respect that.
>>
>>44454697
I don't think anyone ever argues that it's less powerful. It's just 1) really hard to control, and 2) leads to evil since it's really hard to control. Dark siders just think it's more powerful, and become really overconfident and lose.
>>
>>44454802

Unnamed First Order pilots and troopers were more intimidating and tension-building than any of the villains ever were. That riot trooper who kicked the shit out of Finn with the tesla baton thing was sick.
>>
File: 1448414839788.jpg (1 MB, 1240x1232) Image search: [Google]
1448414839788.jpg
1 MB, 1240x1232
>>44454772

Plo Koon got the best character treatment in TCW
>>
>>44454800
>>44454857

But Yoda himself straight up says it's not as powerful as the Force, just quicker. Sure you could argue that Yoda's biased, but he's also like the foremost expert on the Force in the entire galaxy.
>>
>>44454877
He is Filoni's favorite
>>
File: 1450933813060.jpg (326 KB, 1280x1366) Image search: [Google]
1450933813060.jpg
326 KB, 1280x1366
>>44454867
That scene was actually the only one that had me on the edge of my seat - none of the others felt exciting to me at all.
>>
>>44454877
weird way of saying ARC troopers, man
>>
>>44454802
nah, Kylo's threatening. but he's threatening in a very different way than Vader.

in martial arts, the single most dangerous opponent anyone can fight is not a better trained martial artist. it is someone who has barely any training at all: someone who has learned they have power but has not yet figured out how to control it. someone who has not yet learned the proper forms, and is so winging it it in totally unpredictable fashion.

you can trust that Darth Vader is not going to kill you unless Darth Vader has been given leave to kill you.

Kylo Ren has a fragile little baby ego, and when it gets bruised he could do ANYTHING.

yeah, it is played for laughs when the stormtroopers see him destroying a room in a tantrum and about-face in a hurry. there is a reason they are about-facing, and it has a lot to do with lengthening their life spans. sure, Kylo will get in big trouble for killing them!

this is not going to stop him from killing them in the heat of the moment.
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
>>44454915
I thought of pic related.
>>
>>44454678
That's the thing though, the mechanic you propose isn't trying to account for harder difficulty to hit through plot-armor or a skilled individual, it's just straight gimping the players. A player can just as well be using explosives littered everywhere that a big-name Star Wars character couldn't possible dodge or a damn powerful personal weapon and the mechanic would just let them shrug it off.

You don't try and make something that puts Leia and Vader on relative equal footing compared to the players, you tailor the encounters. You've got Destiny Points that can go further than a player's (one of the big examples of this is "Oh no! Enemy got away and you can't catch up!") There's ranks in Adversary that you can give more to these bigger characters than a typical Nemesis (which is usually capped at 3), you can give them Dodge, and a whole host of guards.

There's a lot you can do with the already included mechanics than making an orbital bombardment be less powerful than a decent roll with a rifle.
>>
>>44454953
>someone who has learned they have power but has not yet figured out how to control it
Guess that's why he got his shit pushed in by Rey.

inb4 b-but muh bowcaster, Rey got tossed into a tree so hard she went unconscious for a few minutes and didn't seem any worse for wear
>>
>>44454953
>one of the troopers goes up to Kylo
>Kylo goes to swipe
>trooper hugs him
>Kylo doesn't know what to do
>awkward silence
>Kylo starts crying into troopers arms
>Trooper hold him closer
All he needs is some love anons.
>>
>>44454895
>YODA
>Run! Yes. A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware of the dark side. Anger... fear... aggression. The dark side of the Force are they.Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight. If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

>LUKE
>Vader. Is the dark side stronger?

>YODA
>No... no... no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.

Doesn't say anything about it being weaker. He just says it isn't stronger.
>>
File: 1402031634777.jpg (374 KB, 914x816) Image search: [Google]
1402031634777.jpg
374 KB, 914x816
>computer got fucked
>lost all files relating to my campaign because I forgot to backup my data
well shit, there goes my motivation
>>
>>44455076
Just play some of the premade modules until you can fix it again anon.
>>
>>44454895

If the Dark Side is destroying things to get what you want, the Light is about talking your way through it with some detective work. Obi-Wan doesn't slash his way through stormtroopers to deactivate the Tractor Beam in ANH, Darth Vader doesn't use witty argument to try and tempt Luke to the Dark Side, Yoda didn't push Luke into a situation where he was forced to make the wrong choice, or force him to do anything, whereas the Emperor suckered him into a situation of "Kill your Dad or die."

The Dark Side is a side of brutality, getting what you want through power, control, unfair manipulation, and brutal treatment or fear. The Light Side is a side of understanding others, using force only to push those few buttons to get moving again.
>>
>>44454697
>What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
>No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

It helps to not think about it as "power". The dark side is the shortest, most obvious path TO power, when using the Force. In the long run, NOT using it is more effective. following the flow, letting the eternal momentum of life take you where it will.

The dark side dams it behind you, says "no, YOU move", but in the end it's fighting against the Force and no one person can ever win against that for long.
>>
>>44452274
Does it ever give an explanation in Lore as to why it seems that technology progresses super slowly? It seems at just a casual observation that tech advances in small increments in the SW universe. Did it just reached a plateau early on in the Republics history and now it only seems to go through modest changes?
>>
File: ColtFull-SWI125.jpg (408 KB, 965x1558) Image search: [Google]
ColtFull-SWI125.jpg
408 KB, 965x1558
>>44454931

You mean the guys that got turned into a glorified defense force?

Also, too much akimbo pistols in TCW. I guess its because "their jangos clones, so its a dominant gene trait to wanna go at it with a pair of pistols"
>>
>>44455263
yeah, that's about the size of it
>>44455289
>dominant gene trait to wanna go at it with a pair of pistols"
it's one of the Soldier Genes, duh
>>
File: Arcs01.jpg (320 KB, 715x1075) Image search: [Google]
Arcs01.jpg
320 KB, 715x1075
>>44455334
>it's one of the Soldier Genes, duh

Hey, I just think its over-represented. Every piece of ARC trooper art is the same - also, their representation in TCW is almost always the same.

No more Westar Rifles, apparently.

Its effective though. In FFG, dual wielding is the best way to get an extra attack without an Autofire weapon
>>
>>44455263
Technology in Star Wars progresses and regresses because the Galaxy is Huge and it's very often embroiled in conflict. 4000 years ago, Arkanians were capable of turning space slugs into weapons but now, barely anyone knows they exist. In the years leading up to the Clone Wars, technology reached a plateau but there were many significant advances shortly after it started.
>>
>>44455263
Things actually change a lot, it's just the generic visual designs don't change as much as what's underneath.

Plus, KotOR fucked up all sorts of stuff dealing with tech levels. Thanks, BioWare! Tales of the Jedi had notable tech level differences, despite the last arc taking place less than fifty years before KotOR.

Realistically, though, you're looking at a society that's had FTL space travel for at least seven or eight millennia, so things aren't going to change that dramatically.
>>
File: IMG_1236.jpg (111 KB, 1190x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1236.jpg
111 KB, 1190x900
>>44452661

>>Jensaraai

>>Bardan Jusik
>>
File: 1450862237459.jpg (45 KB, 572x465) Image search: [Google]
1450862237459.jpg
45 KB, 572x465
>>44455414
>Thanks, BioWare!

Working as intended, send all thanks to George
>>
File: Kyle_Katarn.jpg (671 KB, 1232x1200) Image search: [Google]
Kyle_Katarn.jpg
671 KB, 1232x1200
>>44452274

>>What is your favorite Force Tradition that is not Jedi or Sith?

This seems like there is only one answer to both questions.
>>
>>44455529
Kyle's a Jedi mate. Sure, he indulges his darkness a bit, but he's still a Jedi.
>>
>>44455263

I wouldn't take The Old Republic series as canon for that, where they're basically just the contemporary Star Wars setting but 4000 years earlier. TotJ seem much more likely, that Tech's had some significant advancements since the days of flying dinosaur riders being on par with spacecraft.

That or there's been quite a few Dark Ages in SW history, or tech takes a long while to advance on a galactic scale. Think about having to make all your tech backwards compatible with a dozen previous versions or having to build a huge amount of infrastructure to support your new standard. After all those years, only the most rugged and simple designs or the most revolutionary technology make it through unchanged.
>>
>>44455392
I was just making a metal gear joke

but as for dual-wielding: hey, if you can, why wouldn't you?
>>
>>44455651
>but as for dual-wielding: hey, if you can, why wouldn't you?
Somewhere, someone on /k/ just dropped their mug of cosmoline
>>
File: Hot Jupiter.jpg (2 MB, 1728x1224) Image search: [Google]
Hot Jupiter.jpg
2 MB, 1728x1224
>>44454476

Hot Jupiter. Especially one close enough to its star the atmosphere is slowly being blown away.
>>
File: M1A1 Thompson Alt.jpg (149 KB, 740x538) Image search: [Google]
M1A1 Thompson Alt.jpg
149 KB, 740x538
>>44455651
>if you can, why wouldn't you?

Off the top of my head, range and accuracy is a factor. The best standoff weapon the Clones already have - the DC-15A - it has range, power, and is autofire (apparently) - pistols are for when the enemy is literally in your face, and about to overrun your position, but not so close that your going for the bayonet.

I kinda wish there was more of a WW2 overtone with weapons in TCW, just enough to appease my autism
>DC-15A - main rifle, every clone should have this. (Its an M1 Garand)
>DC-15S - only NCO's and Officers should have this, or special troops (its an M1A1 Thompson)
>DC-15 Pistol - every special trooper should have one, along with every NCO or Officer - dual wielding can be prevalent because of weirdos who have a jango gene thats a bit to dominant
>DC-17 - Clone Commando special gun, enough said
>Westar M5 - ARC Trooper special gun, enough said
>>
File: 18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg (68 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg
68 KB, 800x449
>>44455289
I guess I mixed up TCW with the cartoon because of your image.

But they were definitely the stars of the cartoon.
>>
>>44455698
>>44455780
I mean, if you have the ability to use two pistols in a pistol situation that's going to be an inherit advantage
using two pistols instead of a rifle is completely nonsensical, though

>>44455780
what's the M1 Carbine, though?
or the BAR?
>>
File: mHum2jO.png (687 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mHum2jO.png
687 KB, 600x600
>>44455867
>what's the M1 Carbine, though?
Probably the DC-15S, to tell you the truth. Its just everywhere in TCW, and there are not enough 15A's. I guess it bugs me because the 15A is an absolute gorgeous lovely weapon, and Filoni seems not to think so

>or the BAR?
Well, really, the 15A is most like an M14 then it is like an M1.

So probably the 15A is both the M1 and the BAR
>>
File: toaster.png (3 MB, 2880x1200) Image search: [Google]
toaster.png
3 MB, 2880x1200
>>44454476
Black holes, nebulas, neutron stars-
Most of it shits out fucking insane amounts of radiation, so your sensors would probably get smoked to the point everything is a target.
Course, not having ray shields might make for glowing bones after awhile too...

Gravitational sheers that happen when two large objects are near each other on a close could be interesting too, literally a tidal effect throwing shit everywhere.

If you want to just fuck everyone's shit up- big solar flares.
They make an EMP effect look like a firecracker.
>>
>>44455289
I think Filoni just has a fetish for it Obi-Wan's daughter uses them too
>>
File: long range shot.webm (3 MB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
long range shot.webm
3 MB, 600x375
>>44455922
>and Filoni seems not to think so

I dunno, it showed up in Rebels.

Also, finally saw TFA, I can return to these threads without fear.
>>
>>44456081

Nowadays you just have aggressive and caustic shitposting to worry about.
>>
>>44456121
I'm fairly certain it's the same two or three individuals doing it, and hopefully they're schoolkids who will disappear once the spring semester starts.
>>
File: Death Blossom.webm (1 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Death Blossom.webm
1 MB, 1176x500
>>44456121

But we've always had that.
>>
>>44456258

That's a neat trick.
>>
>>44456280

Does IG-88 have a waist that could pull off that move?
>>
>>44456258
Trust me when I say it's been much, much worse over the past week or so than it has been in months, even accounting for Kreiafags and Sithposters.4
>>
>>44456312
>IG-88
He'd probably be spinning at a point closer to the sternum looking at the model
>>
>>44456323
Honestly I'd take Roshposting over the intense TFA skub
>>
File: 1362276914067.jpg (53 KB, 600x383) Image search: [Google]
1362276914067.jpg
53 KB, 600x383
Why is there never any talk about Armada? For one of the most confusing of FFG's games it seems to get radio silence in these threads.
>>
Hey guys, I want to run a campaign in an altered Old Republic setting without a unified Jedi Order. Instead, there would be several smaller orders based on different planets, and a lot more variation between each order and its philosophy.

There would be at least one order for each F&D class; this is what I had in mind so far:

>Arkania: Consular
>Taris: Sentinel
>Lothal: Seeker
>Dantooine: Warrior
>Corellia: Guardian
>Tython: Mystic

No Coruscant, because Revan sacked it; the Republic is at war with his Sith Empire. The players would be Jedi from various temples comng together to carry out missions against the Empire and grow their skills. What do you think?

I honestly want to make the Sith Empire a different faction and have Revan be a militant Grey Jedi leading his own faction but I'm afraid I'd get crucified.
>>
>>44456362
I can't get into it, just too much of an investment.

That and the metagame is weird.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (871 KB, 250x200) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
871 KB, 250x200
>>44454031
Also get the falcon and the xwing expantion.

So thought on hondo?
>>
File: 1377428315854.jpg (71 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1377428315854.jpg
71 KB, 500x384
>>44452274
Haven't found any of them particularly interesting. The Breath of Gharj as followed by the Talz is nice in that it all makes wonderfuly metaphorical sense (the exhalation of Gharj is the dark side, easy to stand in the way of and let it just wash over you but stagnant and unfulfilling, the inhalation is the light side, harder to grasp but obviously bereft of any mouth stank and thus more fulfilling, but you need both inhalation and exhalation to survive), but the whole grey-ness of it just makes it ultimately boring.

Actually, Kylo Ren, next movie pending. I really like how much of a fucking sociopath he seems to be, and he actually shows weaknesses (such as training his force powers to the extent he's neglected his lightsaber, and thus is fucking awful at using it) rather than being oh so good at everything he picks up because Force.
>>
>>44456433
I would crucify you anyday anon.
>>
>>44456362
>one of the most confusing of FFG's games
>$100 base price
Basically this, Imperial Assault suffers from the same cost investment (both are $100 and not easily pirateable like the RPG), however Assault is generally more popular due to it's theme and ability to be played as a skirmish game or and RPG in a box. Also probably easier to learn.
>>
>>44456362

X-Wing got popular because X-WINGS and TIE FIGHTERS! You can play with your favorite starfighters! It's also a bit older than Armada.

But there's nothing stopping you. I might one of these days, those ships do look enticing, and playing fleet commander does sound fun. X-Wing seems more approachable, though, as you just need a few fighters on each side to duke it out.
>>
>>44456468
>So thought on hondo?

He's a magnificent bastard, and as such, is one of the best side-characters in TCW
>>
>>44456436
Yup, the investment is much bigger. I mean I get that the models are bigger, and the starter set has so much more physical stuff crammed in with all the squadrons and shit, but then you look at the price of a standard list in X-Wing compared to Armada and it's easily a $100+ difference.

Doesn't even seem to be much of a meta at the moment though, my local scene is still floundering around what works. The only thing that seems to be strong so far is kitting the fuck out of Home One, as an Imperial player I still can't decide how to build a list to counter the damn thing.
>>
>>44456433
Actually seems like a pretty sweet setting, provided your players are all down to play those classes. Having 4 Jedi with a lore heavy backstory and a random Bounty Hunter might be weird
>>
>>44456541

Hondo's Flarestar for X-Wing when, FFG? Or whatever he flies in Rebels?
>>
>>44456533
Nothing did stop me, I dropped a good $300 into it just yesterday. It's far more enjoyable than I'd imagined, but yeah I jumped in the previous thread to talk lists and got nothing, then I thought about how minimal mentions I've seen of it on here.
>>
File: Washup Hondo.jpg (155 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Washup Hondo.jpg
155 KB, 1920x1080
>>44456468

Seeing him all washed up, still trying to desperately cling to his glory days in Rebels made me sad, but seems like a logical/fitting path for him. He never would've quit the Pirate's life while the quitting was good.
>>
>Want to run Star Wars game
>Remember all the systems suck donkey dick

I might as well use GURPS since that'd be tolerable for it.
>>
>>44456628
Please explain.
>>
>>44456668
They all suck for playing. Either they're d20, use old as fuck mechanics, or are using the same terrible shit as WFRP 3e
>>
>>44456362
>too complicated for the kids
>to expensive to splash into compared to X-Wing.
I like the way it handles, but I've got a Gothic group to scratch that itch locally.
>>
File: flarestar shuttle.png (686 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
flarestar shuttle.png
686 KB, 1280x544
>>44456572
Flarestars and the other Weequay base-ships are fucking cool.
Literally put a tractor beam on one, stick a medical bay in there, dress in lycra and spend your days probing the inhabitants of the galaxy
>>
>>44455030
both that and the thing you noted, honestly

even then, he's kicking Rey's ass until the dumbass tells her "hey, if you used the force you'd be a lot better at this"
>>
>>44456825

Flarestar: the Most "Ayyy LMAO" Ship in the Galaxy.
>>
>>44453106

The Clone Wars showed that the CIS also had a Parliament.

There's a Separatist Parliament and a Separatist Council. The Council has the leader assholes you saw in Revenge of the Sith, the ones who holed up on Mustafar, but the Parliament actually was allowed to believe they mattered.

Whether or not they actually DID matter, the CIS would have lost a lot of steam if systems started pulling out because they wanted to reconcile with the Republic.
>>
>>44456511
>>44456564
I feel so conflicted!
>>
File: guardsman_stare.jpg (27 KB, 450x418) Image search: [Google]
guardsman_stare.jpg
27 KB, 450x418
>>44456688

>old as fuck mechanics
>implying age makes mechanics bad

D6s roll the same now as they did back in the 80s, anon. Dice don't become obsolete. This is the stupidest excuse for not playing a system I have ever seen.

On top of that: you could run D6, and you're suggesting running GURPS INSTEAD? They're practically the same damn game, except GURPS forces you to do way more work. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? How hard DID that mule kick you when you were 4?
>>
File: probing time.gif (1 MB, 360x142) Image search: [Google]
probing time.gif
1 MB, 360x142
>>44456874
Bound to be endless adventure!
>>
>>44457171

Have everyone play Duros to help fit in with the style.
>>
>>44456362
I just got back home from another tuesday Armada night at the game center. It's picking up steam now that the meta feels much more flexible than in wave 1 and all that. We had like 8 or 9 games that night between all different players at once, but yes it's sadly more niche than X-Wing thanks to how complicated the rules can be and the price investment. I have a blast playing it though, more fun than X-Wing even if I get to play it less. Just had a slugging match between 2 Imperial Class's and 2 MC80s. Was playing the MC80s and just barely lost. We both managed to reduce ourselves to 1 hull left on our last ship. Sadly without being able to finish him off, victor was assured for him by the fact that my MC80 that died was the target ship in the Advanced Gunnery objective.
>>
Been replaying KOTOR recently, got me thinking.

If an equivalent star wars single player crpg was made, using a modified set of existing tabletop rules as KOTOR was, what rules would be used and what time period would it be set in?

While the FFG rules are competent and new enough, they're so narrative and GM based I feel they wouldn't be conducive to a crpg. Maybe dnd 5e, but again they're really loose. One good thing about 3.pf was that since there were so many numbers, the numbers could be applied to most anything and still work...

As for setting, maybe prequel era? As much as I didn't like the movies, aesthetically I liked the settings and the political fuckery would be better for that kind of game than what was supposedly an action adventure movie. Maybe pre-prequels to avoid any plot conflict.
>>
>>44457330
What was the general gist of his list? I've been thinking about wanting to do two ISDs and a Gladiator, but kitting them all out to be effective leaves no room for squadrons or anything and I was kind of wanting to use Boba purely for the niggling damage potential, and of course some anti-squadron. Do many players in your scene make use of squadrons?
>>
So, read an article just now which summarizes a couple useful things from the novelization - which is actually canon to the whole thing.

In the novel Phasma jobs because they have Chewie threaten to fucking CRUSH HER SHIT.

Snoke is apparently older than the entire movie series, having "seen the empire rise and fall", so some version of Darth Plagueis could be true. He also apparently deliberately picked Ben Solo to turn.

Leia is at least Old Ben levels of Force strong, she feels Hosnian destroyed.

Ren seems to know something about Rey she doesn't, talking like he knows shit about her. Possibly more Snoke long-con? Also he definitely DOESN'T get what he wants out of stabbing Han, it just makes him feel even shittier - possibly another reason why he ultimately loses.
>>
>>44456688
>Old=Bad

You're impressively stupid.
>>
>>44457374
>Leia is at least Old Ben levels of Force strong, she feels Hosnian destroyed.

You don't really need to be strong for that, just attuned enough to the Force.

I kinda hope they go for the Plagueis thing.

I still think the Knights of Ren are dumb.
>>
>>44457374
Do you learn any more about Buster Sword Ren, his band of merry Ren, and also Kylo?
>>
>>44456081
Anyone else think of this?
>>
I now understand why people don't trust wikis
There's alot of stuff they consider part of the ''Legends'' but are actualy Canon via Clone Wars
>>
>>44457374
I still can't get over the fact his name is Ben. Luke named his kid Ben because Obi-Wan helped him a ton. Han knew him for a few hours and Leia never met him at all. If they'd named him Anakin, it would have made a lot more sense. Maybe even mention the whole "redeem the name" thing.
>>
>>44457370
In wave 1 the only squadrons you'd see were Rhymer balls. Wave 2 sees a lot more now. I've not seen a list since wave 2 started that didn't invest at least 50 points in squadrons.

His list ran 2 Imperial-II Classes. Avenger was one of his. It was outfitted for kinda a one-two punch system where one would blue crit me to exhaust my tokens while Avenger took advantage of that. His squadrons was howlrunner, two generic ties, and 2 generic tie advanced. It was built to be small and keep squadrons from full on harassing him.
>>
>>44457525
TCW is, like the films, odd in that it technically counts as both Legends and canon.
>>
>>44456541
He is don conage is star wars and so awesome.

>>44456572
Agreed scum need this in the next wave as a large ship
>>
>>44457525
Got any examples? Wookiepedia is pretty faithful most of the time.
>>
>>44453988
Well the OT can all be independent of eachother and still be amazing.
>>
>>44457551
Oh yeah, I tried out the blue crit thingo last game and it was neat, but I fucked myself over with my ship positioning and flying. Still want to use this Gladiator since I bought the expansion for it, but fuck me if fitting it into a list isn't hard as balls when I don't want to use a Victory since they feel so damn lackluster. Seems like I should go with Boba and a TIE Advanced escort party just for that anti-squadron though.
>>
>>44457523
Probably intentional.
>>
>>44456258

>dat filename.

I like the cut of your jib annon.
>>
>>44457543
If I were a guessing man, I would pin it on Ben being the person who is responsible for the two coming together in the first place.
>>
>>44457525

It's because they haven't fully updated it yet.

When the Legends split was announced, Wookieepedia threw a huge shitfit and eventually made token canon articles for stuff, but Legends remained the default.

A few weeks ago, they finally made canon articles the default, but the articles remain mostly token efforts, while the Legends articles have had literally years of editing, fact-checking, and other maintenance.

The Wook will catch up, now that they finally pulled their autistic heads out of their asses and started putting some actual work into the canon articles. It'll just take time.
>>
>>44457523
Exactly
>>
>>44457584
Mandalorians as a whole are considered Legends
>>
>>44457543
Ben saved Leia from Anakin
Twice
>>
>>44457619
One thing I should mention is to pick your objectives well. One trick imperials are doing lately is minefield to draw a line cutting the board in half or worse. The more cramped, the better the position they're in. You can semi replicate this by putting your terrain in such a way that really cramps 1 part of the board.
>>
>>44457543

Maybe Han and Leia didn't know what to name him and they asked Luke and he was like "name him Ben".
>>
So whats the point of making Jango not a mandalorian?
>>
>>44457708
We just did our first two games ever so didn't bother to use objectives, but I'll keep that in mind thanks.

>The more cramped, the better the position they're in
What do you mean? I would have thought with the massive ISD's jetting around I'd want more open spaces, I find that way I can angle them just right to keep my forward arcs on the opponent.
>>
File: FettClubpic.jpg (108 KB, 689x503) Image search: [Google]
FettClubpic.jpg
108 KB, 689x503
>>44457751

Because way back in the day Fett originally started out as a dude in stolen/savaged Mandalorian armor, back when the Mandalorians were just an extinct legend.

Whats the point of making him an actual Mandalorian?
>>
>>44457751
He wasn't one to begin with? That's the whole point. He had barely any ties to them outside of like one comic, which isn't canon anymore obviously.

You'll note that nowhere in the movies are either of the Fetts referred to as being Mandalorians.
>>
>>44457751

What was the point of making either Jango or Boba Mandalorians to begin with? It's not like inventing an entire culture based around mindless murder and lolsorandumb warmongering in any way gives either of those characters a more meaningful and interesting backstory than they would have otherwise.
>>
>>44457751

The logic, as I understand it, is that if he's the product of this culture that's all supercommandos, that makes the culture special but makes Jango fairly typical.

By making him this bounty hunter who managed to get his hands on Mandalorian armor somehow or other, they give his origins more mystery and also free themselves up to rework Mandalore and the Mandalorians.

Before Attack of the Clones, Boba Fett just had Mandalorian armor, but was never supposed to have been an actual Mandalorian. Making the Fetts Mandos was an EU thing that happened after AOTC.
>>
>>44457751
What are you even talking about? Jango wore a stolen set of their armour, followed Mandalorian ideals and copied their fighting style but he was never Deathwatch or anything.
>>
>>44457807
>>44457833

It makes those stories about Boba being a mando make sense
>>
>>44457864
But Boba isn't a Mandalorian, he just copies after his "father" because of dead daddy issues.
>>
>>44457619
Gladiators are fantastic. Slap engine techs on em, one of the many great upgrades for black dice, and while you may not be able to expect them to live they'll bring on a train of hurt. Demolisher is one of the best titles in the game letting you do one of your attacks after you move.

>>44457756
You want to create an open space that they'll be forced to set up in because the other space is too cramped. That forward arc is as good as the time it takes them to get to your backside, but if you create a space so cramped they have to charge strait at you, then balls in your court. One of my opponents created a minefield that would make me deploy far left or far right, or else eat a lot of mines. Wherever I ended up setting up, he created a wall of 3 victory classes that would basically always have eyes on me.
>>
File: Kast.jpg (1 MB, 1190x1100) Image search: [Google]
Kast.jpg
1 MB, 1190x1100
>>44457864

What about the stories from before those stories where he wasn't an Mando?

Or the ones after?

Fett's backstory has been rewritten so many times its not funny.
>>
>>44457849
The Fetts aren't Mandalorians in the new canon. Not a single thing they are in refers to them as Mandalorians, with the only references to Mandalorians in official Databank articles and encyclopedia pages being directed at their armor, not at them. They're just bounty hunters wearing Mandalorian armor.

>>44457864
But Boba wasn't a Mando until after they decided that Jango was going to be one. Like Jango, Boba being a Mandalorian is a retcon. Before that, he was just a bounty hunter wearing their armor.
>>
>>44457897

To the point where Timothy Zann just wrote that Imperials were constantly cloning new "Booba" Fetts that went off, got killed, and had different origins in their head.

No idea why, maybe the Imperials just thought it was funny?
>>
>>44457864

Except the stories from before AOTC was released had Boba Fett as a man who acquired Mando armor but was not a Mando himself.

After AOTC, comics and the Republic Commando novels made Jango Fett a Mandalorian, and then Karen Traviss just ran off on her huge ass Mando wankfest that made everything ridiculous. Making Jango a Mando of course makes Boba a Mando too, since they're clones, but the movies never established that they were Mandalorians.

Then The Clone Wars came out and George Lucas apparently decided Karen Traviss could go fuck herself and the horse she rode in on. And there was much rejoicing.
>>
>>44457882
Yeah I had that in mind, I mean the Gladiator comes with a bunch of cards that all seem ideal to chuck on it. This was something rough I'd put together, just ignore objectives since I only chucked them in there so I could save and share the list.

http://armadawarlords.hivelabs.solutions/view_list.php?token=5467

>Wherever I ended up setting up, he created a wall of 3 victory classes that would basically always have eyes on me
Oh, that sounds neato. I still don't like the Victory, but that'll work all the same for an Imperial or two.
>>
>>44457920
They never were Mandalorians though? Jango just did his own thing and Boba just copied after him.
>>
>>44457961
They are Mandalorians in Legends, due to a pileup of retcons. Boba Fett even ends up becoming Mandalore.

They are not Mandalorians in canon.
>>
>>44457982
So you (or whoever originally posted) is bootybothered because they retconned a bunch of retcons? When all other media never shows anything of them being Mandalorian? Seriously, there's grognard and then there's grognard autismo.
>>
>>44457683
When?
>>
>>44458031

Welcome to the long, illustrious history of Star Wars Expanded Universe - going strong since Novelization 1.
>>
>>44458031
Pretty much, yes.
>>
File: Imperialknights.jpg (187 KB, 477x651) Image search: [Google]
Imperialknights.jpg
187 KB, 477x651
Imperial Knights. Especially that qt in the middle.

For Jedi? Kyle Katarn. The most pragmatic fucker out there who actually gets shit done instead of meditating with his thumb up his ass. For Sith I have to go with Vectivus because he's the only one that actually lived to a ripe old age and still maintained a semblence of power.
>>
>>44458031
>>44458080
Started with nothing, went back to nothing.
Same as it ever was.
>>
>>44457929
Eh, I like some of the Mandalorian stuff. Traviss's early stuff is a good foundation, but you're better off ignoring a good chunk of it.
>>
>>44458031
So for a limited ammo weapon(like say the fiver pistol which has limited ammo 5), you still have infinite shots just you have to stop to reload every X shots? or just make sure you have extra reloads on you so you have infinite shots and just spend the maneuver to reload when you have to?
>>
File: 1445852220784.jpg (97 KB, 615x829) Image search: [Google]
1445852220784.jpg
97 KB, 615x829
>>44458092
>Kyle Katarn

Shit taste. I bet you have a self-identifying gray Jedi character.
>>
>>44458124
whoops. didn't mean to quote someone when i asked the question
>>
>>44458092
Sidious was in his Eighties when he died.
>>
>>44458124
>or just make sure you have extra reloads on you
Yes, that. Extra reloads are inexpensive though and the GM can always allow people to scavenge for some in rooms or on bodies, even just grab them straight up from armouries.
>>
>>44458130
Katarn isn't a Grey Jedi, dumbass.
>>
>>44458170
Did I say he was? Thinking you might want to get your reading comprehension looked at.
>>
>>44457945
Yeah, start playing with objectives some time. They add a lot of depth to the game as a prime component rather than just a bonus thing. For example, my 4 corevettes 1 ass frig list love fleet ambush because it puts one juicy ship right in the middle of the board where I can just circle or Opening Salvo because I have 5 whole ships to benefit from it where as most people run 3.

As for the list, it's pretty neat but a couple suggestions. Overload pulse should go on the ship that's not Devastator. The crit effects takes place after the damage so it needs one ship to set it up, then Devastator cashes in on it. Screed can guarantee the overload pulse goes off but otherwise Motti is a good admiral to consider too if you're not too reliant on that crit effect going off.
>>
Is it me or did TFA turn Sandtroopers into Sargeants?

Also is Phasma really a merc or was that pulled out of some anon's ass
>>
>>44458204
Sandtroopers were never really a thing. That was always a sargeant's identifier.

And no, Phasma isn't a merc.
>>
>>44458185
Consider the fact people often mislabel Katarn as a Grey Jedi and your post linked the two concepts.
>>
>>44458204

I think the idea that the paldron was also for certain ranked soldiers has been in legends for a while. IIRC, there's a couple of different colors, like red and black for them so it's likely a rank denotation for something else.

>Also is Phasma really a merc or was that pulled out of some anon's ass

No, she a real captain. In fact I heard her armor is chrome because it's forged from one of Sheev's own Naboo ships. And even if THAT ain't true, imma still believe it.
>>
>>44458231
Consider the fact that this is exactly what I was doing. Linking the two concepts. Lumping the two together.

Never called Katarn a gray Jedi.
>>
>>44458243
>No, she a real captain. In fact I heard her armor is chrome because it's forged from one of Sheev's own Naboo ships. And even if THAT ain't true, imma still believe it.
Comes right out of the visual guide to the force awakens
>>
Anyone else think it's funny that Emperor Roan Fel from the Legacy Era is descended from Han Solo?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 75

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.