[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #632 - Impostoclaus Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: Jumpchain.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>44355149
>>
File: Lordgenome_002.png (359 KB, 414x397) Image search: [Google]
Lordgenome_002.png
359 KB, 414x397
>>44371158
Should've gone with SPIRAL WARRIOR EDITION, Rep. Maybe next thread.
>>
Impostoclaus? So it was a skrull^QuickSilver all along?
>>
solomon grundy hate references he doesn't understand
>>
>>44371178
Pssht, was in the middle of firestorm citadel while doing this. Multitasking ain't so great.

Anyway, reposting this for more builds. Hopefully my attempt at being Santa's appreciated.
>>
File: grundy5.jpg (41 KB, 380x309) Image search: [Google]
grundy5.jpg
41 KB, 380x309
>>44371202
>>
>>44371217
If you don't want to be a spiral warrior, this is for you.

pleb
>>
So do people remember what happened after the reset cause by [The Queens Glass Game] or is it just you that remembers everything?
>>
>>44371217
>>44371237
gonna be tomorrow before I do a build, gotta sleep
>>
File: 1240176467674_f.jpg (21 KB, 404x345) Image search: [Google]
1240176467674_f.jpg
21 KB, 404x345
>>44371237
Gremlin master race! Gremlins were on the planet first, long before the Spiral Knights, and so by rights it belongs to them! Of course, most of them are insane or following alongside of insanity, now, thereby rendering their claim moot.
That's why it falls to me, as the premier genius and not-at-all insane Gremlin tinkerer, to seize control of ALL THE CLOCKWORKS! Hahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHA͝H͘͜A̶̵͝H҉À҉͘҉͡
>>
>>44371310
Well, I'm sure someone will find a new planet that everyone that's not Konatanon can flee to. How hard could it be?
>>
File: graphics-christmas-trees-404052.gif (107 KB, 540x535) Image search: [Google]
graphics-christmas-trees-404052.gif
107 KB, 540x535
So what'd you get for your Companions, /jc/?
>>
>>44371552
A partridge in a pear tree, duh.
>>
>>44371565
On the Twelfth Day of Jumpmass the Jumper gave to me:

Twelve new clone bodies,
Eleven gi~ant mechas,
Ten new forged kingdoms,
Nine one armed bandits,
Eight kitsune vixens,
Seven evil scientists,
Six not shit waifu's,
Five po-ta-toes!
Four dragons hoarding,
Three eldritch angels,
Two godly gardens,
And an import that comes with CP~!
>>
>>44371565
For Leonardo da Vinci and Saitama I Cleared a level of the Tower and Filled it with one building and set up a Permanent Gate spell To get them to The ground floor And back So they could have a better place to live,For RJ and Painwheel I got A big batch of Empyrean Redolence,With Leo's help I Took The Longbow-DMR sniper Rifle and It isNow a noble phantasm ,Now the bullets it generates Work Not unlike a hit scan where they do not Travel the distance to the target but rather arrive at the target with their full momentum, and the scope has been upgraded With an infinitely adjustable zoom, Tina Got a Dedicated rods from God satellite,Pam And Tyrion got 100 gallons Each of My finest Electric banana beer. The retainers Got a Weeks vacation with Triple pay everyday.
>>
>>44371552
I guess I'm still waking up >>44371684
Was meant for >>44371552
>>
File: merr christmas.jpg (125 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
merr christmas.jpg
125 KB, 540x720
>>
>>44371787
I wanna know who made a Santa hat that big.
>>
>>44371795
Mothra.
>>
>>44371817
Huh, thought she was dead.
>>
>>44371795
you can buy one! there is a perk for that in monsters Inc.
>>Monstropolitan (400 cp): As a Monster, you’ll notice some of the variety in the locals. Different
shapes, sizes, physical consistency, number of limbs than the day before, shops cater to all kinds
here. And now you’ll find ones that can cater to you anywhere. It doesn’t matter that your an acidic
ooze, you can still find a shop with a fitting tie (that won’t dissolve or slip) in any World. Are you three stories tall but want a Frisbee? You can find a store with one. Need fireproof tissues? Luckily there’s a box in stock! While they won’t sell any commodities beyond the tech level available in the current World, you can always find something to buy matching your physical requirements. Of course, you can only SHOP at these stores, but strangely enough they seem to disappear when you don’t need them.
>>
How do you feel about amnesia drawbacks?
>>
>>44371994
Avoid whenever possible, but in the hierarchy, they're above drawbacks that just make you miserable for ten years. The best drawbacks, of course, are ones that provide interesting adventuring hooks. Right below those are ones that are merely interesting fights.
>>
>>44371994
They're in the lower end of acceptable drawbacks, just above those that directly highjack my jumper's character.
>>
File: Izumi.Konata.full.858859.jpg (472 KB, 869x1000) Image search: [Google]
Izumi.Konata.full.858859.jpg
472 KB, 869x1000
>>44371994
Conceptually, I find them interesting, in the aspect of they essentially put my background in charge for the jump, assuming that background gets any memories in and of themselves. When the jump is over, that "person" then gets absorbed into the larger whole, as would be normal if the drawback weren't taken... except "I" don't participate in the jump, and it's entirely on the part of the background, if that makes sense? In that respect, it's almost as if "I" am skipping the jump entirely, instead entrusting it to the background's character.
It also brings about neat existential questions about myself and continuum, with lots of navel gazing about memories and personality and all kinds of stuff like that there, which I always find sortof interesting.

In practice, I never take them, ever, because knowledge is my greatest weapon (somewhat more literally in my case than other jumpers), and also I have severe trust issues and paranoia. I mean, fuckit, I can't even entrust the safety of the jump to my companions, people I've hypothetically known for millennia. There's no way in hell I could give it to some nobody do nothing in the podunk galaxy of whocaresville.
>>
>>44372004
They are third on the list of Disadvantages I try not to take, my millenniums of memories as a jumper are A source of Strength for me,Not literally but it is something I draw on on times of hardship, being able to look back remember what I've overcome, remember when fighting for And having so much more of that than almost anyone else is what gets me Through those rare Lean times.
>>
Animorphs Question: is stuff you learn with morphing memory Only Known to you in that Morph?
>>
>>44372129
>are A source of Strength for me,Not literally
For anyone else, I'd point out that things like out of context knowledge, especially canon knowledge, accumulated experience of similar situations, contingency plans and the like are massively powerful weapons in the hands of a competent jumper; competent jumper here meaning someone who's jumping to these settings and can think and plan, not necessarily someone who is impressive by Jumper standards.
For you, I'll just agree.
>>
>>44372248
Well yeah there's that stuff but I Thought that was implied, I was being Specific because jumpers can consume A whole lot of stuff most people can't, I'm sorry if I did not make that clear. If you've read the"plans include"sections Of my builds you'd Be aware that I do use a lot of that stuff.
>>
>>44371831
She faked it, she's now shacking up with Godzilla. Earthquakes in the region aren't actually from the Earth, but from Zilla & Mothra.
>>
>>44372307
Gross.
>>
>>44372309
What? They're playing hopscotch, Godzilla's favorite game.
>>
File: godzilla vs. barkley.jpg (102 KB, 482x462) Image search: [Google]
godzilla vs. barkley.jpg
102 KB, 482x462
>>44372317
I think it's been pretty well documented that his favorite game is basketball, actually.
>>
>>44371994
When they don't make me forget my various powers and my memory comes back at the end of the jump so I can decide to move on I have no problem with them. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>44371994
I forget.
>>
>>44372484
har har har
>>
Are there any perks that would let me know if someone is watching me?
>>
>>44372680
D&D magic has plenty of anti-scrying stuff.
>>
>>44371994
I keep forgetting
>>
>>44371239
I think it's a total time reset
>>
>>44372701
I mean like hiding in the bushes and stalking me, not using magic stuff
>>
>>44372106
And if you're using the rule that you can choose to keep drawbacks, there's also the risk of the background's character deciding they prefer "themself" to "yourself"...
>>
Late Merry Christmas from Oz.

>Over 30 Celsius for a week
>Laptop on verge of exploding

And an early new year!

Sunless When?
Sunless Soon 10/35 complete
>>
>>44372805
Don't think so, that would just mean they'd "die" next jump. Pretty sure they'd just need to choose not to have the background fade.

>>44372762
It has plenty of scrying too.
>>
>>44373310
You are so wrong, you even got the wrong thread.
>>
>>44373349
No, he meant to post it here. He spams every thread on the board with that. It's quite annoying. Just report and hide it.
>>
>>44373310
How is this relevant?
>>
>>44373349
>>44373359
Don't worry, its just a troll that pops up every other thread.
>>
>>44373357
>>44373479
How strange. I guess he's trying to further the anti-SJW sentiment? I mean, the alternative, that he genuinely believes this thing he's spamming, is too depressing to think about.
That or he's just doing it to annoy people and doesn't care either way.
>>
>>44371217
Merry Christmas to you too, and muchly appreciated Reploid.

Build:
Spiral Knights
Drawbacks: Elite Mode, Danger Missions (1300)
Background: Recon (1200)
Clipping (1200)
Auto-Reload (1100)
The Bitter End (900)
Recon Set, Recon Cloak, Pet Snipe, Seraphinx, Spiral Exchange, The Knights (900)
Acquester (800)
Leviathan (700)
Duellist (600)
Three Strikes (400)
Alpha Striker (0)

Amping our ranged and melee skills to try to compensate for the increased difficult and frequency of our missions. It's not enough on its own, but it'll do pig, it'll do.
>>
>>44371994
Avoid at all costs. They defeat the entire purpose of using a CYOA in the first place - if it's not me on the adventure, what's the point?
>>
>>44371994
No thx
>>
>>44371552
A jumper will listen to requests for 24 hours card.

>>44371994
I can't quite recall.
>>
Quick clarification: I think I've read that you can use 0 point drawbacks from one setting in other settings if you so choose. Is this correct?
>>
>>44372872
destroy the sun
>>
>>44374880
The sun did what they had to do to keep their child safe, they are not worthy of death.
>>
what would you guys think if someone were to make a My Little Pony jump
>>
>>44374944
They better not post it here or be a dick and upload it directly to the Drive.
>>
>>44374944
already done, bruh
>>
>>44374944
It's already been made. Go to Space Battles if you want it. However posting it here would violate a global rule. Can't post brony crap outside of it's containment board /mlp/.
>>
Question about Santa jump: if something happens that can literally only be explained through magic, such as children receiving wondrous toys/Lifesaving medical Recoveries/Ponies/Extremely large sums of cash/ miscellaneous things that cannot be made with current technology On Christmas and the most rational Explanation is " Santa did it with Christmas magic" With that count as revealing yourself?
>>
>>44374944
Fuck off, horsefucker. Your trash is against the rules and good taste.
>>44374957
We don't want it on the drive either. Shit banned from /tg/ is banned from there. We have stated this repeatedly even when your trash was first made.
>>
>>44371994
They make for interesting thought experiments, try to take them if they offer enough and don't cripple me.
>>
Question about the Dune jump - specifically the Holtzmann Science perk:

I'm looking at the wiki right now, but for those more knowledgable on Dune, just what is the technology level capable of?
>>
>>44374977
I have no idea what you're talking about mate, you're gonna have to clarify what you mean.
>>
>>44375060
What's the perk say? Is it a general science perk or something in particular?
>>
>>44375093
>Holtzman Science [300, Discount: Drop-In]

>History disagrees who the Holtzman effect was discovered by. Norma Cenva, Tio Holtzman, Ibraham Vaughn Holtzman... the important thing is what the Holtzman effect can do. Compact antigravity generators. Personal shields. Instantaneous transport between two points. You know it all, to a level of detail that would make most scientists jealous; while you're not going to be putting a heighliner together alone in ten years, you could easily make a skiff. Somehow, any shields you make aren't affected by lasers the way they are here, but that is not an effect any scientists here can replicate, so best to keep that under your hat. Lasers will cause them to overload and fizzle, though.

Compact antigrav generators, the heighliners, and the 'space-fold' teleport technology indicates a decently high level, but that could be just the peak - or, alternatively, I'm missing something by not knowing what to look up.
>>
>>44375193
That's not the peak, that's common tech. It gives you a decent range of rarity there, but it's all still stuff everyone knows of and everyone relevant (since most characters are nobles or witches) has access to. Antigrav is built into almost anything, any soldier or guard is going to have a shield (that's why melee is still viable), and space travel is common for the rich.
>>
Are there any perks that let you sponge powers like Rogue from Xmen or Delsin from Infamous?
>>
>>44375235
Not one.
>>
>>44375235
Plenty of power copy perks, but most of 'em make you work a bit harder than that.
>>
>>44375235
Just sample Rogue's DNA while you're in Marvel.
>>
I kinda want to make a Pokemon TCG jump because I enjoyed it as a kid, but wow that's gonna be 15 years of new rules to catch up on for me.

If I do make it I figure I might let people convert cards to actual pokemon post-jump and/or let them use the cards on real pokemon.
>>
>>44375314
Either one sounds good to me.
>>
>>44375228
So any PEAK of the tech I'll have to find and study on my own, but it gives me a decent enough pedestal to stack everything on afterwards?

Sounds fine to me. Thank you anon.
>>
>>44375314
Could be good, no idea how you'd make it work. Maybe temporary pokemon summons using the card, i.e. they appear and attack whatever you're fighting.
>>
>>44375871
Meh, I hate that kinda shit. I'd never go for it.
>>
>>44375314
Didn't they make a gameboy game about the card game about the gameboy game way back? How did it handle it? Did it have a plot?

I kind of want your deck to be converted into a single horrific chimera monster at the end.
>>
>>44375902
Yes. I'd actually use that as part of the basis. It was a very good game.

It was basically like a regular pokemon game, only without open cities (that I remember). Pretty much, going around to TCG 'gyms' and beating up quirky characters with your deck. So the issue would be between the TCG's setting premise (this is real) and something like the few TCG games we go (you're playing cards). Could be a setting choice deal.
>>
>>44375314
Is there even any reason to have that be a separate jump? I mean, isn't the TGCverse exactly the same as the normal game universe aside from maybe a few oddities like Delta Pokemon?
>>
>>44375983
It's really not. It works very differently in mechanics at times. It's like asking me why PMD would be a separate jump, it's just the pokemon world with pokemon in charge. Or Pokemon Conquest, it's just Pokemon in a feudal sengoku period.
>>
>>44375928
Didn't the gameboy game also have a sequel that wasn't exported outside of japan?
>>
File: ptcg2mint.png (151 KB, 352x454) Image search: [Google]
ptcg2mint.png
151 KB, 352x454
>>44376039
It did.

Protag's skirt was absurdly short.
>>
>>44376074
Socks that hook onto shoes? That's a first.
>>
>>44375902
Sort of seems like the reward shouldn't be some ridiculous OC bullshit combo pokemon that has no basis in the TCG/setting.
>>
>>44376106
Don't start an argument with another anon over something I simply said I would want to do and am discussing in the case I do it. It's so ephemeral anger is pointless.
>>
>>44376106
You've never read the manga, have you?
>>
File: image.jpg (618 KB, 962x1216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
618 KB, 962x1216
Who is best male character to pod And why is it Lord Boros
>>
>>44376293
Jibril.
>>
>>44376130
I'd love to see a TCG jump but it'd be better served by it not giving you a more powerful reward than pokemon trainer or PMD.

>>44376189
Admittedly no. Did play the TCG gameboy game and the actual TCG. Something that happened in the manga would be a really weird reward for a TCG jump. When did that happen in the manga?
>>
>>44376007
Those are both completely different worlds, though. TCG, video, and anime are basically the exact same world with minor differences.
>>
>>44376301
>male
Unholy heights?
>>
>>44376343
I missed the male part.

In that case I dunno, Link? I think that's my only husbando who has a jump.
>>
>>44376293
Sergeant Johnson or bust.
>>
Depends on what you want them for. Do you want a bro, or beefcake?

>>44376301
Jibril is female. Unless you're using that godforsaken perk from Unholy Heights, but I still don't think that counts.
>>
>>44376340
Well, I didn't say I was planning on giving that out. It was just their idea.

>>44376341
>Minor differences
Again, no, not really. The TCG games take place in their own unique world. The mechanics of what pokemon can do gets really weird in the TCG itself, distinct enough to justify it. Not sure why you're so hostile to new content personally.
>>
>>44376383
Because it's old content. The society is still the same, the culture's still the same, the people are still the same. All it really offers is some new Pokemon. It feels like at best a way to get out of using the Return function on the Warehouse, and at worst a way to try and sneakily usurp a Jump.

Seriously, why not make new content out of a property that doesn't already have three existing Jumps?
>>
>>44376462
>Because it's old content.
Again not really, your position is one born of ignorance. And beyond that you are not a divine arbiter of what we do and do not need, and what I should do with my time.

That you do not like pokemon means very little to me.
>>
>>44375314
Does it even need to have a special interaction with pokemon? We already have a yugioh jump, I would think that a jump just based on a card game would be fine and wouldn't need any special reward.
>>
>>44376340
On my phone so no photos but the three weather birds from Kanto got merged into a mega bird at the end of the first Kanto Arc.
>>
>>44376499
It's honestly not a matter of need, but what I would like to do. There's no such thing as need here.
>>
>>44376293
Kamina Jiha
>>
>>44376293
>Who is best male character to pod
Autolycus, the King of Thieves.
>>
File: Gremlins.jpg (131 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Gremlins.jpg
131 KB, 1920x1080
>>44371217
>>44371237
>>44371310
Gremlin Tinker all the way!

Jump: Spiral Knights

Start: Haven
Status: Gremlin Technician +know Gremlin tech well, can improve masterwork arms/armor and add elements/effects

Skills: Acquester +super scavenger- make the most out of absolutely everything
Technician (100) +combat engineer skills
Core Competence (200) +I can now research and build just about anything from this jump, which is awesome

Battle Sprite: Drakon +lil'dragon, feed it a steady diet of Brachydios Gems, Sakuradite, Materia, and Ebony

Companions: Emberlightx2 (700) +import 12 as Gremlins (fun times)

-x6 Ghostmane Stalkers

-x3 Gremlin Technicians

-x2 Gremlin Demos

Gear: Proto Set and Proto Shield
Pet Slime +adorable yet deadly
Spiral Exchange +can buy and trade Spiral Knights stuff, even out of jump

End Goals: First off, me and my companions are going to raid the main Gremlin factory and jack just about everything that isn't nailed down. From there, we'll set up shop in Haven and sell custom equipment to the Knights. Ever so often we'll run raids down into deeper Core levels to stock up on bits and bobs, and for research.

I plan on fusing a Gun Puppy to a Mech Knight and to make it Gremlin shaped. I'll churn out waves of these clockwork soldiers to battle the Swarm and the Crimson Order. I hope to sway as many Gremlins from Herex and Seerus' factions as I can, but above all the swarm can not be allowed to breach the Core.
>>
>>44376612
Can't take Emberlight, or any companion option, more than once, sorry. I made four options for diversity.
>>
>>44376486
Ok, then explain it. Not just "oh, there are a couple of different mechanics." Tell me what makes the world different. Prove you're not just trying to steal our first jump
>>
>>44376293
To be fair, Boros is at Early Dragon Ball Z level but kinda reaching further. Power is similar it's just that the collateral is shown more
>>
Is there a perk that allows me to make something like the Sanctuary from Fable 3?
>>
>>44376773
You mean, the Warehouse?
>>
>>44376612
The supplement says that you don't get background gear. So you won't get a proto set and shield.
>>
>>44376729
>steal
Can anybody explain this guy's mindset? Is it some combination of paranoia, hostility, fanboyism, and hate of a setting? This guy has to be one of the most irrational here.
>>
>>44376705
No problem, I'll switch the second purchase out for Alpha Squad and get Duelist with the points I've saved.
>>
>>44376835
In the time it took you to write that post you could have defended your position. If it were actually defensible, I mean.
>>
Slight change of topic, but is Birth By Sleep Anon or Log Horizon Anon around by any chance to let us know what's up with their jumps?
>>
So, I'm bing watching Cambodian Shadow Puppetry and I came across Queen's Blade. Granted, there's tons of fanservice in the show but at its core its just a fighting show.

Would it work as a jump?
>>
>>44376862
Pretty sure I pointed out to you above that the TCG games take place in a different world, and you just ignored that.
>>
>>44376922
Not that guy, but how is it different?
>>
>>44376915
Queen's Blade is based on a game and a setting that's all about porn, sex, and rape. So no, not really. Fanservice is an understatement even for the anime if you've watched more than a few episodes.
>>
>>44376943
There are no pokemon. It's you running around in wacky Japanese land playing cards against people in TCG 'gyms'. I explained this above, but he ignored it. So you can see why I don't want to bother with him and am just wondering what's wrong with him mentally.
>>
So why are people so against MLP jump? We have shitload of jumps unrelated to tg
>>
>>44376915
It's already been made, and apparently it's too lewd for /tg/. I honestly know nothing about the source material so I won't comment on that. Go look it up on SV if you want it.
>>
>>44376964
Global rule 15.
>>
File: Gremlin 4.jpg (39 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Gremlin 4.jpg
39 KB, 400x400
>>44376806
>>44376705
>>44376853
Wow, I really need to read things closer. It's cool though, I'm a little crazy tinker-dude, so I'm sure I can whip up something comparable with a box of scraps and a good caffeine buzz.

A big part of the reason I went Gremlin Tinker was for the engineering skills it offers, and for my particular fondness for clockwork.

If I can swing it, I'll aim to oust Herex, Seerus, and the Crimson Order so that the Gremlins can be guided in a more benign direction. Turning them into little fuzzy AdMech Techpriests seems like a good direction for them to take.
>>
>>44376974
>All pony/brony threads, images, Flashes, and avatars belong on /mlp/.

But an image less jump for it would be neither of these.

As long as people don't post anything related to mlp that is not jc related it should be okay
>>
File: Scanty_and_Kneesocks.jpg (39 KB, 636x349) Image search: [Google]
Scanty_and_Kneesocks.jpg
39 KB, 636x349
>>44376964
It's against the Rules mate.
>>44377021
>Trying to rules lawyer
That's not a good idea mate.
>>
>>44376964
Only horsefuckers want a jump about horsefucking.
>>
>>44376915
Yeah no. I don't think so considering what I'm seeing from images and such. Looks too lewd of a setting.
>>
>>44377044
Isn't tg about rules lawyering, tho?
>>
File: laughing phyrra.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing phyrra.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>44376293
>needing pods
>>
>>44377089
Tempting fate is not a smart idea Anon. It really isn't.
>>
>>44377089
The mods do not care about your finagling. The rule is a hard ban on your horsefuckery. Trying to play them will not get you out of your ban.
>>
>>44377100
>Posting worst girl.
>>
>>44377046
I hate Star Trek but I was excited when the various ST jumps were being made. I why /mlp/; I remember what it was like to have ponies all over every fucking board. Having said that, irrational responses are irrational.
>>
>>44377219
Nope, only horsefuckers tolerate that shit. Even the worst of the worst hate it.
>>
>>44377219
Look it's not getting on the drive nor it is going to get made by anyone here except you. So fuck off or shut up about it.
>>
>>44377251
I'm not arguing for it to be on the drive. Like said, I get the reason for G15 and I think that putting it on the drive makes the thread vulnerable. I was simply arguing against the false premise put forth by >>44377232 and >>44377046.
>>
>>44377167
He didn't post Weiss or Winter.
>>
>>44377365
It's not a false premise. Unless you are a little girl, the only people who like or want that shit here are horsefuckers.
>>
>>44377365
You won't change anyone's opinion. Whenever MLP comes up it's better just to ignore it entirely. There's already an existing jump for it anyways.
>>
>>44377365
>G15
What's that?
>>
>>44377365
Dude, this is 4Chan, arguing with logic and reason is like playing chess against a pigeon. They knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like they just won. It's completely pointless.
>>
File: Gun Puppy Sprite.png (272 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Gun Puppy Sprite.png
272 KB, 600x337
>>44376705
If I go in as anything other than a Knight do I still get a free Battle Sprite?
>>
>>44377383
And as I stated previously, that is a false premise. There are plenty of people who have taken jumps to worlds they did not like. Some jumpers have a mechanic whereby the do not choose their jumps at all; they jump whatever they roll.

So, yes, it is a false premise.

As said, though, the jump does not belong here due to G15 and, as such, should not be on the drive on account of that.

>>44377389
>>44377395
Fair point. I'll stop now.
>>
>>44377441
>And as I stated previously, that is a false premise.
Again, it's not. Only horsefuckers like it. This is basic logic to anyone.

I said like, idiot, your entire defense is around 'they'd take it anyway even if they didn't like it', which is extremely irrelevant. Stupid horsefucker.
>>
Guys, can we not do this?

Come on, it's Christmas!

Oh, who am I kidding. Nothing is sacred, nothing is pure, and there's no point in trying to make it so.
>>
>>44377534
>spoiler
My love for my waifus is pure!
>>
So In Bullet Black I adopted two little girls. My initiator & the #2 most wanted's. Which brings me to question, who's the second most wanted person?
>>
>>44377534
My family can't celebrate Christmas for a couple more weeks anyways. So no skin off my nose.
>>
>>44377389
Oh yeah. Generic sugar bowl

>>44377476
I want to destroy the planet and generally fuck around with universe as a villain without having to worry about ruining a good setting tho

And to not have to worry about ruining good setting, ruin a bad setting. Which is what mlp is
>>
>>44377557
Black Bullet*
>>
>>44377559
Why's that?
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 340x191
>>44377100
Oh? How else would you companion him without using a pod? Blue feather?
>>
>>44377476
People jump settings they don't like. Hell, I kind of want a pony jump now just to piss you off.
>>
>>44377592
How extremely irrelevant to what I said.

There already is one illiterate.
>>
>>44377588
>needing to go beyond the offered Companion options
>>
Can anyone give me any recommendations for low-power jumps with decent mind reading perks? I am struggling with my chain after misreading the psionics perk in pokemon and not realising it blocks this feat.
>>
>>44377607
It's totally relevant. I don't watch the show, but I want the setting because it's making you apoplectic with rage. Kind of like how I had no interest in Dragon Age: Inquisition until shitnonymous started freaking out about it.
>>
>>44377639
You can already go hang out with the horsefuckers at SB for it. Your weird spitefully pettiness is pretty much wasted on asking for something you already have.
>>
File: Children's Card Games.png (118 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
Children's Card Games.png
118 KB, 409x409
>>44376293
Aside from pic related I'd consider taking Karna from the Nasuverse. True bro to the very end.
>>
>>44377583
Couldn't pay the mortgage last year, we just can't afford Christmas right now. But my Mother is going to find work soon, and with an extra source of income we'll be doing much better.
>>
>>44377651
>Spacebattles
You mean the people who can't make a a Jump to save their life? Pass. Besides, who'd make you scream in impotent rage?
>>
>>44377725
Nobody. Right now my view of you is of some retarded baby who keeps trying to steal another baby's bottle despite a third baby having already done it. Like you're a Slowpoke or something.
>>
>>44377651
>Your weird spitefully pettiness is pretty much wasted on asking for something you already have.
You do realize the irony of you calling someone else spiteful at this point, don't you?
>>
>>44377763
I tried to state a basic fact and this guy started acting like he could get one up on me and be a totally cool troll or something. Then he went really stupid with it and ignored he already had what he was gloating about wanting. Making no sense.
>>
>>44377725
What about Sufficient Velocity?
>>
>>44377805
Literally the same community thinking they're edgier.
>>
>>44377784
Honestly? I think you're reading several different anons and thinking they're all the same one. Also, if you offer up something you claim as a fact and someone retorts with a counterfactual, restating your fact and adding ad hominem does not an argument make.
>>
>>44377821
I thought that SV was supposed to be the SJW version of SB?
>>
>>44377834
His counterfactual is "I want it to troll you." which is dumb, because he already has it. So how is it trolling me? Do you see my point?
>>
>>44377847
It's the same users, just different mods and a server that, at the time, wasn't 10 years old and melting
>>
>>44377858
You're reading an awful lot into this. Which is understandable, it's 4chan, but looking back I don't see anyone trying to troll you.
>>
>>44377879
>>44377639
>I want the setting because it's making you apoplectic with rage
>>
>>44376088
Gaiters and spats are pretty old.
>>
>>44377860
>a server that, at the time, wasn't 10 years old and melting
Was that why SB didn't have a fucking search function? That's why I avoided the place like the plague. I've got friends who swear by it, but absent a search option I just couldn't think about using it.
>>
>>44377619
On the topic of offered companions, why is Mumen Riders apprentice discount criminal? There are actually a few things that are discount criminal despite being mostly hero based in canon. I mean there are two telekinetic heroes and one villain I know of, yet the way to get it is with a perk discounted to both plus a perk with a criminal discount. The items seem to be more a hero thing yet get a discount criminal and... Actually I'm just going to stop here.
>>
>>44377907
Pretty much. At some point, the server literally ran out of space. THAT was a good time to be had by everyone.

At least, now all is well.
>>
>>44377885
See:
>>44377834
>Honestly? I think you're reading several different anons and thinking they're all the same one.

I know >>44377639 is baiting and trolling, but how do you know that's the same anon you've been discussing with? That's what I mean to say about you reading into things.

Read back through the thread, and it honestly looks like you're responding to several different anons.
>>
>>44377907
It got moved over to a new server relatively recently. Has a Search Function now too!
>>
>>44377931
Eh. Maybe I'll give it another look, then. I'd like to look up those bits that were recommended to me, and if I can use a search function then I can make that happen.
>>
>>44377907

It's all updated now, and basically the same as SV.

Their split was over some admin getting kicked, and then the site owner saying that she chose to leave.

Shitstorms ensued.

Now, SV is just... there. A large fraction of SB's userbase, mostly sharing members, with slightly more oppressive moderation policies (and SB is already pretty high-handed).

QuestionableQuesting is the other member - an older split from SB, where the lewdness retreated. It's also where you'll find an easy link to the banned jumps folder.
>>
>>44377933
Oh, I don't think they're the same person. I'm just talking about him, this second guy. I think the first anon is just naive and doesn't know how hated that series is.
>>
>>44377907
that hasn't been a problem in at least a year or two

>as I've said before, jc on there was a mistake, but other stuff there is fine
>>
Why are a bunch of SB fags invading and shilling their garbage right now?
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 600x248) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 600x248
>>44377554
So there is no thought of what they have to offer? It never was relevant how powerful they were? Not once has it crossed your mind that if they lost all their powers, you wouldn't bring them around? That they are only as good as what they can give you?
>>
>>44377966
Yeah, their whole CYOA community is. . . off. The only jumps I've seen of theirs that are worth a damn are from those members who are active in these threads. The stuff that's SB pure is pure garbage.
>>
>>44377958
So why is it that none of them can competently make a Jump to save their life? I don't think I've ever seen anything from any of those sites which wasn't terrible.
>>
>>44377985
A reminder to thank Merchant for being willing to deal with their bullshit.
>>
>>44377912
mumen riders apprentice is not as justice as him to imply the darker side of JUSTICE. Heros were also intended to have a raw deal in terms of straight power in that jump to capture the feel of the setting. When I get around to revamping it that will likely change but right now I am working on the Grrlpower jump.
>>
>>44377980
Actually, no. I spend an inordinate amount of time making sure my companions are safe and happy. I don't even bring them into some jumps if I think the world would make them miserable. All of my companions are weaker than me, and would be more so if I didn't spend time helping them grow more powerful so they don't develop a complex about it.
>>
>>44377980
Honestly? No.

I sorta fell into the waifus huelewdhue around the same time I feel into the overarching narrative theme of my chain. It's been fun watching it evolve as I jump. At first it was just adventures and shenanigans, but a few jumps and particular decisions forced me to reevaluate particulars in light of the whole.

But thanks for the question, friendo. I like introspection and deconstruction.
>>
>>44377996
because they have no quality control at all I guess?
>>
>>44377996

In this case, it's because they have a big userbase, and it just happens that their CYOA threads are where their retards hang out.

They also have an attitude of "we're better than those weird 4chan types, who keep trying to tell us what to do".

But in regards the recent fuckup that is their stab at a The Gamer jump, there were plenty giving reasons why it was both a bad idea and terribly executed - but the dude just got stubborn.
>>
>>44377954
One main recommendation - Games We Play, a RWBY/The Gamer cross. Pure legend. All the longer running quests are worth looking into.

>>44377996
Because nobody competent from there cares about CYOAs. It's all about Creative Writing and Quests over there.

>>44378046
Kek. Hope you're looking forward to the Silent Hill.
>>
>>44378058
>The Gamer

Is SB still working on that Gamer jump, on that note?

With only one worthwhile origin because - shock and awe - the story hasn't progressed far enough beyond the one The Gamer power?
>>
>>44378083
>Silent Hill
I fucking know right? I'm screwed. I'm not sure if I can sell myself as passing that monstrosity.
>>
>>44377996
Same here. But I've also only seen a single WIP from there.
>>
>>44378083
>Silent Hill
Will it make me drag my companions along or something?
>>
>It's also where you'll find an easy link to the banned jumps folder.
If you know how to use Google Drives it's real easy to find; they're adjacent to each other in the file tree.
>>
>>44378111
There are drawbacks for that, I hear.
>>
>>44378083
Nobody with a brain is going to Silent Hill.
>>
>>44378111
Nope. From what I remember of discussion, it's a free import.

A free import that strands them in their own fragments of The Fog/Otherworld to make their way back to you.
>>
>>44378058
>One main recommendation - Games We Play, a RWBY/The Gamer cross. Pure legend. All the longer running quests are worth looking into.

YMMV. It very quickly becomes an almost pure AU, as RWBY has no background, and while the MC is *supposed* to be overpowered he gets handed wild powerups that go far beyond anything Jee-han gets. This is justified by making the AU side of RWBY full of casual city-destroyers, and literally everything seen in the canon becomes meaningless.

It also plays around too much with the mechanics - always taking the most extemely favourable interpretation of everything, restricting reader knowledge of things that the MC is completely aware of, and has a lot of meandering moments when it tries to reconnect the ridiculous powercreep back to the RWBY side of things that are just weak.

But, the action scenes are usually really good.
>>
>>44378129
>tfw the jumpmaker considers that scenario mission accomplished.
>>
>>44378145

Oh god, and the exposition. It's amazingly repetitive - taking paragraphs to describe every thought process behind having a bagel for breakfast instead of a sandwich.
>>
>>44378125
Yeah, those drawbacks are exactly the kind I don't take.
>>44378140
I don't know much about silent hill, but that sounds like a jump that would make them pretty miserable to me. They can stay in stasis while I get mind raped.
>>
>>44378088
The big problem with the Gamer is that there's only ever going to be one origin of value, because being the Gamer is like having several thousand CP worth of useful perks from other Jumps.
>>
>>44378088
Ironically, you can already make more origins than just the Gamer, but you'd need to have a good understanding of Korean and sift through a lot of the discussion on Naver and other Korean websites.

Let's put it this way, a Gamer jump without the Gamer power is technically doable right now if the person making the jump is very familiar with both Korean culture and also willing to do a lot of research, while anticipating major changes to occur. None of this was done when SB made their Gamer jump. The universe already has quite a bit to offer, it's just that a lot of it is inferred information rather than direct information.
>>
>>44378129
Well, going through even 10 jumps tends to make brain an expendable material, possibly lined with eyes, so most people here are good.

>>44378145
On this sinful earth, only simple things are perfect, anon. Everything has its flaws. And even considering those, I decided GWP is worth recommending. Do you disagree?

And would you rather I recommended, say, Rihaku?

>>44378184
Oh gods, is it like the Tower of God with its side information?
>>
Wasn't a bunch of the Pacific Rim jump also pulled from an SB quest?
>>
>>44378220
No.
>>
Seriously, is this some forum sliding garbage? An invasion of retards? Did they fucking advertise "WAAA THEY'RE SHITTING ON US" on their garbage site?
>>
>>44378220
Cherno Alpha versus the World, by open_sketchbook

guy also makes indie rpgs
>>
>>44378255
I didn't know you were a cancerous SB retard, Kanons. Why not fuck off back to your site and stop shilling it here?
>>
>>44378220
Well, that last drawback sure was inspired by the quest. Other than that, not sure.

>>44378238
We were always here. anon. Come to think of it, we are also anon. Funny how that works.
>>
>>44378199
It's worse than Tower of God as far as side information goes because it's less accessible. Korean and Japanese both share a cultural similarity to some degree in that a lot of information is passed over via implication - if you have to say things directly, then you're already being too blunt. Korean web series in particular tend to suffer from "information that was mentioned on a sidenote twenty chapters earlier becomes relevant now." and the Gamer is no different.

Tower of God has nearly 300 chapters now, and SIU has put in so much "off screen" content through convos and stuff that even the English wiki has started to catch on. It'll be a while until The Gamer gets to the same level. There already is a good degree of author-reader interaction on the boards though, granted it's Korean only.
>>
>>44378266
Oh so you're a consistent shitposter here? I guess that explains the low thread quality, you people.
>>
>>44378199
>And would you rather I recommended, say, Rihaku?

Ah, Rihaku, patron saint of "stop making fucking quests and just write a story, so you don't end up hating all the idiots and dropping it".

And the best thing on SB is With This Ring, obviously. One of very few SI stories done right.
>>
>>44378112
What are you talking about?
>>
>>44378301
Please, you and he are unwanted here and need to go away. There is a reason we're not involved in that trash. fuck off, in so many words.
>>
File: [Bast].gif (2 MB, 350x192) Image search: [Google]
[Bast].gif
2 MB, 350x192
Can't we talk about something happier? Like mundane applications for powers over magnetism?
>>
>>44378326
SB cancer is shilling and invading right now, kinda hard to have a quality conversation with them around.
>>
>>44378284
We are all people here, anon.

Except for that one spaghetti monster. And you, one figures.

Wow, Captcha. You actually got creative. Good for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
>>44378046
>>44378048
Good answer. Nice to know that people care about things other than how many problems their Waifu can kil... Solve.
Pictured: Worst Girl.
>>
>>44378349
>People
Yes, you are. Retarded people. Hence why you're causing problems.
>>
>>44378326
I wouldn't call lining the inside of your clothes with bolts "mundane", but sure
makes it easier to keep dust off the old mementos in the warehouse
>>
>>44378301
The official 'Jumpchain' folder and the 'Banned & Lewd' folder are inside the same folder on Google Drive.
>>
>>44378326
Is it me or does that guy get hit in the face with a bicycle at the end there?
>>
>>44378326
Well, I'm fond of using magnetic induction to charge batteries. Just be careful with it or you can fry them really easily.
>>
>>44378362
That folder is made by the shitposter who made all the porn shit in the first place. It's only accessible if you have a link to his trash in the first place.
>>
>>44378358
Weren't too many other compelling gifs of magnetic powers, really. Maybe I shoulda just posted a gif of an actual magnet?
>>
>>44378268
>>44378199
Did I miss something major anons? I don't mind updating if I did.
The reason I'm not updating the Thorn is because I'm not sure that creature is the Thorn, a manifestation of Baam's Irregular abilities (I'm actually leaning towards this explanation as Zahard and Urek Mazino were said to have faced something similar), or just a trial created by the rice pot.
>>
>>44378352
>Worst girl
No. She is best. I like her personality, just because she's strong doesn't mean you can't like her for who she is.
>>
>>44378140
When OAA still had internets, he mentioned a Drawback that saved your companions from having to go through there version of Silent Hill.

You have to go through it instead.

All of them.

I am going to have SO much fun with that jump. No I'm not, but fuck it if I'm letting a setting mess with my companions.
>>
File: KSvpGjX.gif (992 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
KSvpGjX.gif
992 KB, 400x320
>>44378387
whatevs
like pic related?
>>44378367
yes, in the series she tops off at cars and power lines
>>
>>44378388
One day I will post this while you are here. Today seems to be that day.

Ninja Party let's you import more companions and says they follow the rules above. The option to give companions more points is Teammates, and says "For every one hundred CP you send, they will both get an additional 100 CP to spend." Note the 'both'. Does this mean that only the first two can have added CP, that you can buy added CP for any two teammates at a time, or is that a wording mistake and it adds CP to all your teammates? Or... something else?
>>
>>44378415
That sort of thing, yeah.

Not sure how well this webm counts.
>>
>>44378430
oh, I remember seeing this, fun stuff
>>
>>44378388
WHILE YOU ARE HERE. LIGHT BRINGER QUESTION:

Luxin grafts are shown to be bad news what with Heretical Knowledge. What about tattoos, can the 'insane in the brain' side effects of Luxin be minimized through tatts over full-body replacement.
>>
>>44378387
That would only be acceptable if the gif in question was of a clown inquiring into how said magnet functions.
>>
>>44378026
>Grrl Power

While I want that so bad I don't think it really has enough information on the rest of the world. We know about Arc and their setup, and we've just learned a little about aliens, but the setting as a whole, as well as the events that will happen, are entirely up in the air.

Other than Mwahahaha guy Mwahahaha'ing of course.

>Mumen Rider's Apprentice isn't as justice
Not much I can say about that then.

On the OPM front... Would you consider making it so that the origin of your powers is a separate choice from the actual powers? That way you could be a cyborg without being forced to pick... I think it was Product of SCIENCE! or an enhanced human without... probably the same thing, actually. Differentiating between the 'you are more powerful' with some more examples to make it clearer what gets what sort of boosts would be appreciated too. Just making it clearer that if you want Sonics speed you take one perk, while Metal Bat is Mighty Skill.

Something to represent the House of Evolution guys smarts and ability to do crazy things with genetics would be neat too, unless the 200CP perk was meant to represent that.

An actual question for you: considering it's 1600CP before discount, is telekinetic on the power level of ... I just forgot her name. Blizzard's S class sister? Or was Blizzard the S class? (On phone so can’t check without losing message) Also do you get just Telekinesis from those two perks, or can you still pick something to be a product of science and a mighty skill?
>>
So, I've been binging Arrow. How do we feel about jumps for shows that are in progress?
>>
>>44378386
Could someone with a Google Drive account confirm this? I see the Jumpchain folder as being inside another shared folder according to the details pain, is that only because I have already seen that other folder?
>>
>>44378498
Yes. I'm telling you that right now as someone with a drive account. They are separate. You can add anyone's public folders to your personal folder. It's basically nothing more than a hotlink. The folder are made by different people and the jumpchain folder exists independently, not as a subfolder of that other one.
>>
>>44378427
I missed worded it. CP to all companions. I'll edit up a copy real quick.
>>44378453
This one takes a bit of explaining.
Luxin grafts, and tattoos are both illegal, but by them selves are necessarily dangerous. Tattos wouldn't be too dangerous, but luxin grafts are really, really, really hard to do properly. They won't drive you insane unless you fuck them up, and that will be from purely physical sensations such as pain. Breaking your halo by drafting too much is what drives you insane.
>>
>>44378464
Typhoon was the S class, Her sister blizzard was the B Class. And speaking of OPM, I noticed I'm the only Person who seems to either upgraded Licenseless Rider or Put Saitama In a pod.
>>
>>44378497
You need to be very careful. The problem is the possibility of revelations or radical changes in power level making the jump obsolete. I haven't watched the show so I can't comment on the odds of it happening, but if you don't expect anything like that to happen it might be okay.

What would also help immensely is if you intend to stick around in these threads for the foreseeable future, that way if things do change you can update the jump.
>>
>>44378497
Wait for it to finish.

Supernatural is in progress, and now we've got OC Mary Sue Oblivion Bitch.
Toriko is in progress, and now shit's whack.
Bleach is in progress, and now shit's whack.
Tower of God (technically not a show) is in progress, and shit's STAYING whack.
Ninjago is in progress, and shit's gone crossover whack.
Terra Formars is in progress, and shit's gotten depressing with the mangaka's boner for muscled, black roach-men.
Naruto was in progress, and shit went whack and stays depressingly whack into Boruto.
Fairy Tail is in progress, and the story's fucking nuts and I'm fairly certain the mangaka's smoking weed.

Wait. For it to finish. To save yourself a headache.
>>
>>44378533
Licenseless Rider is great but he has to protect and save people. I would like to take him with me though.

Saitama in a pod is playing easy mode. And there is potential of OPM world finally giving him stronger opponent, leave him.

TAKE BOROS INSTEAD! He is strong, he also wants to fight, he's not OP, he's great, he respects strong people, he had a spaceship. He's kinda Broly.

And he would give you a head start help in Dragonball Z. Granted, I think by Freeza saga he gets outclassed but still
>>
File: Naruto Jump Upload Edition.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Naruto Jump Upload Edition.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Changelog:
>Fixed wording on the teammates upgrade
>made it so your sensei can be a previous companion (I have no idea what the hell I'd been thinking when I banned that.)
>>44378497
It's kind of a pain in the ass, as sometimes you'll have to go back and rework things, but on the other hand it's also kind of fun going back to rework things. For me at least.
>>
Could somebody please post the Silent Hill jumpchain, I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>44378684
Hasn't been made yet.
>>
Are there any perks that would allow me to either effect existing or create my own constellations?
>>
>>44378684
We're waiting for the armless one's return.

Forevermore.
>>
>>44378718
There's a perk in Narnia that makes you a star. You're not a giant ball of burning gas, but it's still your job to sit in the sky and glow brightly. Maybe you could combine it with a power that lets you make copies of yourself?

Other than that, I remember that in one episode of Futurama they built a gravity pump that could move stars, though they had to spend all of Earth's money to build it. Just make sure that you wait and steal it AFTER they use it to fix the universe destroying crisis they were facing.
>>
>>44378684
The thread itself is the Silent Hill Jump.

If you win an argument in it, you get +600cp in your next Jump.
>>
>>44375193
A heighliner is a starship that is built to transport massive quantities of material and people between stars, and they are freaking massive. The trick isn't the FTL engine, the trick is navigating without folding space into the wrong place by accident. Or forgetting to carry the one and materializing in the planet's mantle.

Basically, the tech has been stagnating for ages and this particular field can't really be pushed further, but you know how it works and how to recreate it. These are just examples of what it does, but the aspects that it uses are extremely energy-efficient.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.