[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primer Everywhere!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: 1445055037971.jpg (221 KB, 719x1112) Image search: [Google]
1445055037971.jpg
221 KB, 719x1112
DEGENESIS: If you don't have it yet, where the hell have you been?!

What would you like to play/are you playing/have you played in terms of location, clans, and story focus?

Which conflict of clans do you like best?
>>
>>44105784
Sorry, not into john persons stuff.
>>
>>44105796
What's a John Person?
>>
>no link to previous thread
>>44043724
>no links to unrelated archives
https://mega.nz/#F!aI0XgD4b!yiLu68SfGjdm6RPaI2HHbg

Also annoying remainder: Apocalyptics master cult
>>
>>44105807
Black cock worshipping kekold comic artist.

>>44105824
Scrapper > Apocalyptic > Anabaptist > Chronicler/Spitalian > Neolibyan > Palers > Most others > Clanners > Dogshit > Literally anything > Psychonauts > Fungus > Scourgers
>>
>>44105824
I dunno, Apos always seem to me like they'd be really susceptible to devolving into monkeycheese "I'm gonna fuck everyone and snort everything lol" shenanigans.
>>
I'm entering an online game as a Spitalian famulancer from Borca (Masterrace), and it seems I will be run through In Thy Blood with a few others, whom I do not yet know will be playing.

As for my IRL group, we'll be trying it out after newyear's, and so far I have a hyped-up player gunning for a Chronicler, and another wanting to roll a more primitive savage Clanner, with two (possibly three) more players pitching in, but the first two I reckon will be having ridiculous amounts of fun together on account of MAGIC POWAHS!
>>
>>44105867
Looks like somebody is still sore that his wife enjoys a bit of scourging every now and then.
>>
>>44105915
>implying all good fuckers were not recruited by apocalyptics already
>>44105873
I'd say it's how their propaganda works. Insides are more harsh, Ravens and alike are mostly dirty manipulators than your friendly local junkies.
>>
>>44105784
Oh, nice. Shills came out of the woodwork.
>>
>>44106011
Welcome to the internet, where nobody can legitimately like anything.
>>
>>44106011
>legitimally discussing a game
>shilling

lol

I know it's bait, but I keep being amused by it.
>>
>>44106040
There is no discussing the game here. It's "If you don't have it yet, where the hell have you been" shit.
>>
>>44106053
>What would you like to play/are you playing/have you played in terms of location, clans, and story focus?
>Which conflict of clans do you like best?

Literally in the OP. The first part is an obvious joke, but that requires humour which you seem to not comprehend. Sorry.
>>
>>44106053
We call OP a faggot for reason, you know.
>>
>>44106062
Not this anon, but when "joke" is repeated thousands times it's not funny anymore and just stupid.
>>
>>44105915
Thats not my wife you nignog, thats a hyena.
>>
>>44106073
Welcome to 4chan, home of the memes.
>>
File: logo-large.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
logo-large.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>
>>44105784
I admit it. I'm pretty hard for the setting.
Very hard.
Its beautifully crafted. And the rules are simple as well.
I'm still reading the books, and making notes as I go. There are some very good ideas in the setting book, things I would love to explore.

I'm definitely going to subject people to this.
>>
>>44106103
Any favourite parts so far? I personally think the thinks going on in Franka and especially up north in Briton with the Vulture is super cool.
>>
>>44105784
Degenesis is true breath of fresh air in the rpg world. Wonderfully crafted rules and breathtaking art are truly sight to behold. And the setting is simply wonderful and surely will be enjoyed by all. And all for an affordable price!
>>
Does this game actually need 36 goddamned skills
>>
>>44106142
Well to be fair, you only get 34 since you need to select 2 and give up 2 others (INS+Primal and INT+Focus / PSY+Faith and PSY+Willpower respectivly)

I do see your point hough, but from my tests in making characters so far, I don't see any character investing in all skills.
>>
>>44106142
>>44106161
They are here to ensure that you have a total freedom while creating a character.
>>
>>44106141
>And all for an affordable price!
Keked
>>44106142
Depending on campaign you may use only some of them.
>>
>>44106172

Also this. When creating my character for >>44105908 this, I noticed my character ended up pretty diverse and still rather competent, with not only the Medicine and Science needed for the Spitalian lower ranks, but also the Toughness parts that made for a good fighter, and after investing points beyond just ranking up, I had several points in fighting skills as well as some Willpower and similar, and to top it all off, some leading skills for a future career as an officer.

The ranks system made it so I was focused enough to fit the Cult, but still gave me a lot of room to build with the remainder of my points.

>>44106188
>And all for an affordable price!

I was hesitant at first, but considering the quality of the writing, art, and the books themselves, these are probably the best moneys I've spent on a game in a long time. Was rather disappointed by the lack of quality in other hardcovers recently (Dark Heresy Second Edition being an example)
>>
>>44106142
>>44106161
You literally can't even put a single point in each skill on char creation. So yeah, you're pretty much supposed to focus on some and completely disregard others. Also, keep in mind that since you add your attribute to the roll, you don't even need all that many points for reasonable proficiency. Even just a total action value of 4 will allow you to pass simple checks at difficulty 2 pretty routinely.
>>
>>44106053
>Dowload link posted in the last 3 threads
>Still doesn't get it...
No one is shilling. The publishers would have this shut down faster than you can come up with a lame excuse. The people talking about buying it have inspected the quality of the pirated version and decided to get a hardcover for $100.
>>
File: eva-widermann-spitalier-011.jpg (263 KB, 740x553) Image search: [Google]
eva-widermann-spitalier-011.jpg
263 KB, 740x553
Don't mind me, just reposting the translation of the errata from last thread: http://paste2.org/fV8Amp2Y
>>
File: HernezVasco.png (209 KB, 376x890) Image search: [Google]
HernezVasco.png
209 KB, 376x890
I really wanna explore more stuff about this guy. He seems boss as shit. Not that I have any idea who he is. Is he mentioned more in the first edition?
>>
None. The art on degenesis is superb, production quality is unmatched but the gameplay is offer i so boring. We went back to playing dark heresy in no time.
>>
>>44106268
He appears to be a bit more on pg 330 in PP, and also PG 33 in Katharsys. Otherwise, I dunno myself.
>>
>>44106321
Excuse me, also pg 330. So it's 330 in both books. Just ctrl-f Vasco.
>>
>>44106268
There's a bit more info about him in the Spitalian timeline. I'm also reasonably sure that he's the narrator in the Rebirth vignette at the beginning of the Primal Punk book.

Essentially, he got lost during an expedition to the Pandora crater, but returned to the Spital an unspecified amount of time later. There, he claimed that he managed to experiment with some of the original, unmutated Primer matter and that this had given him new insights into its nature. He claimed that the Primer is the reason why life evolved on Earth in the first place, and that humanity should embrace its return as the next step in their development.

Suffice to say, as well as a lead balloon with the rest of the Spitalians, and a few days later he fled again. He's pursued and has been reported dead several times now, but always seems to pop back up again.
>>
>>44106321
>>44106326
>>44106331
Oh right, duh, now I remember reading about him. Thanks guys.
>>
File: plwg.jpg (123 KB, 487x693) Image search: [Google]
plwg.jpg
123 KB, 487x693
>>44105796
Live your secret dreams instead of hating those who do. It's all pretty transparent to us. The louder you protest the more we know you really want to moan. Pretty gross, but that's your business.
>>
>>44105784
Are the Red Hot Chili Peppers as popular in this setting as that image would make me believe?
>>
>>44106414
The Chroniclers might have some CDs or tapes of them still, I suppose?
>>
What happened to 'Murica in this shitty Euro setting?

If some 'muricans survived deep under the earth in bunkers and came out, what kind of faction would they be? What kind of shit would be available to them?

Fuck Euroshits.
>>
>>44106425
>fuck Euroshits

lol

Also, as far as I know, there is no mention of your precious 'Murica in the game so far (though don't quote me on that), but I suppose that not unlike Fallout, they'd be all flesh-hungry cannibals and Enclave-esque soldiers because Muh Government.
>>
>>44106425
I will point you to every other post apocalyptic setting ever. This setting is about people of Africa rebuilding civilisation once western grip on their culture is released.
>>
>>44106425
Fallout. It's all just Fallout.
Canonically we don't know shit. North America was covered in meters of ash from Yellowstone's eruption. This ash made it so the Primer couldn't take a solid hold, and just infected the random sometimes-person.

So it was probably very dead for a while and then things improved, probably without primer and so likely better. Also apparently yellowstone wouldn't hit the great lakes so hard, so it'd be nicer there (of course, meteors smashing the world at the same time probably fucks that up).
>>
>>44106439
I actually think the African thing is cool, feels like they're rebuilding the Umayyad thing, but with Surge Tanks and Scourgers. And how all in all, Africa seems like a more flourishing continent rather than Europe's brink of destruction.
>>
>>44106439
Yeah but unless you're going to explain what happened to America or where they went, that'd be pointless.

A 'Murican super-zeppelin with Liberty Sky Soldiers could just fly over and drop shocktroopers into the third world again and kick its shit in.
>>
>>44106425
>European game about Europe
>WHERE DA MURRKANS AT

Did you think this through?
>>
>>44105784
My FLGS is claiming to be the only place outside of Germany where this game is for sale. How much full of shit is he? Is he just really desperate to get people to overpay for a bland game?
>>
File: Red Hot Chili Peppers.jpg (790 KB, 1280x1835) Image search: [Google]
Red Hot Chili Peppers.jpg
790 KB, 1280x1835
>>44106414
>>44106419

They're huge fans.
>>
>>44106465
Why does every setting have to be about your fetishes? Isn't there enough MURRICA FUCK YEAH all over gaming, TV, Hollywood, politics, and economics?

This game never mentions anything about your home of the brave. Go watch some baseball while eating mutant pig leftovers in subsidized corn foam with relish.
>>
>>44106471
I don't see the problem here. It's a pretty fucking valid question to ask "Where did the country with the world's largest standing military and stockpile of nuclear weapons go?", ESPECIALLY if the focus is rebuilding your own country and even remotely attempting to defend it from outside threats.
>>
>>44106484
Please tell me that is one of the RHCP players' arm with a Spitalian tattoo.
>>
>>44106474
>overpay for a bland game
Fuck off, DEGENESIS is absolutly superb. Just look at this shit.
>>44105873
>>
>>44106486
It's typical European ostriching.

>better stick my head in the sand and pretend America doesn't exist in this setting so we can do dumb shit

I wouldn't have minded if the author was like "America was hit with SIXTY METEORS and completely obliterated from existence" if he wanted to justify it. Completely not mentioning the strongest militarized country on the planet in this kind of setting is full fucking retard.
>>
>>44106507
The RHCP logo is a red asterisk too, friend.
>>
File: red-hot-chili-peppers-logo.jpg (301 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
red-hot-chili-peppers-logo.jpg
301 KB, 576x576
>>44106520
>>
Hybridispania STRONK.

Slay all negro invader
>>
>>44106517
Go choke on a hamburger, americunt. Degenesis is clearly too deep for your fat, gun toating ass.
>>
>>44106520
Oh shit, you're right, I forgot about that. I am teh dumb. Not having listened to them in years probably helps.

>>44106517
It's a game about post-apoc Europe, that's just the focus, get over yourself. Jesus christ.
>>
File: RHCP logo.jpg (8 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
RHCP logo.jpg
8 KB, 236x314
>>44106507
Actually that's been the Red Hot Chili Pepper's logo for years.

These silly euros that made the game didn't realize it and have made their Spitalian logo the RHCP symbol.
>>
>>44106502
The world was reduced to a largely pre-industrial state due to the barrage of meteorites as well as severe tectonic shifts. North America is said to be almost entirely covered by ash after the yellowstone kept erupting for a long-ass time. Nobody even has the means to cross the Atlantic anymore, nor do they have a reason to.

Besides, the question about what happened to Asia would be much more relevant, since that's literally right next door to Europe, rather than separated by a giant ocean.
>>
>>44106544
>>44106545
Wait, wait.

This is post-Apoc Europe? I thought this was modern Europe.
>>
>>44106512
This is truly like nothing I've ever seen before in the history of gaming. Shut up and take my $120, you brave inventors of cheesy pantsless women.
>>
>>44106555
>Besides, the question about what happened to Asia would be much more relevant
And on that, we know that the Chinese sent 13 ships full of merchants and explorers to the coast of France. Pg 342 PP - way back in 2305. (It's 2595 now)
>>
>>44105784
Hyped to play a Franker Chronicler in January, I'll probably get the black edition by then.
>>
File: gay marriage.gif (958 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
gay marriage.gif
958 KB, 500x221
>Euros absolutely mad when someone questions their animal-husbandry invasion-of-Europe-by-Africa campaign setting

IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE
>>
>>44106571
Yea, I like that it's mentioned, but I'd really want to know more about what happened to them.
>>
>>44106580
Yeah, I'm getting some Varg vibes from this whole game
>>
>>44106575
Best be quick, anon. Who knows how quick those 555 copies will go.
>>
>>44106548
I am pretty sure they knew full well what they were doing. No one who has lived in Germany in the 90s is unaware of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and they put the logo on album covers.

I don't think it's a reference either. They just decided not enough gamers today remember details about the Chili Peppers. And the logo is universal and nondescript enough. If they had used anything with a less vapid meaning it would have been in poor taste.
>>
>first /aco/
>now /pol/
Who's next?
>>
>>44106580
What? The setting is post apoc about fighting spore evolved monsters for freedom and survival, what are you smoking? Unless you're the assblasted murikan shitposter.
>>
>>44106609
I'm hoping /tg/ for once.
>>
>>44106610
>spore evolved monsters
That's racist.
>>
It's kind of telling that Americans seem to believe that after a catastrophic apocalypse that in places reduced people to literal stone-age-level, their country's first priority would be to hop into a fleet of boats and cross ~3000 miles of the dangerous atlantic ocean, just to start shit over in Europe.
>>
>>44106609
What?
>>
>>44106597
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9eNQZbjpJk

Sorry, can't stop laughing every time I see the cover.
>>
Can everyone just stop replying to virtualoptim for an hour or so?

No one is that dumb, he's just trying to keep you talking nonsense.
>>
>>44106597
So I think the only question is, how much of the Red Hot Chili Peppers do post-apoc Europeans remember, and how much do they misremember? Do they hope to go to the mythical paradise of California when they die? Do they meditate on the mysteries of what the hell the words to the chorus of Scar Tissue are?
>>
>>44106637
RESPECT THE EAGLE, MUD PEASANT
>>
>>44106648
What, Romans? We've got Purgare and the Anabaptists though.
>>
>>44106647
Well, only the Spitalians seem to care. They have the Church of Kiedis.

Also, I'm sure there's some kind of Frusciante Battle Rager.
>>
File: Star_of_life_-_red_-_192px.png (7 KB, 192x192) Image search: [Google]
Star_of_life_-_red_-_192px.png
7 KB, 192x192
>>44106597
>>44106548
>>44106507
It's the Star of Life you hugenots.
>>
>>44106661
>6 tips
>>
>>44106661
>star of life
>red
pick one
>>
>>44106661
SoL is only 6-sided.

RHCP/Spitalian is 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvVVGwOso-g

EUROS SO OBSESSED WITH AMERICA THE SPITALIANS WORSHIP RHCP CONFIRMED
>>
>>44106643
Where is virtualoptim in this thread?
>>
So is this basically a game where you get keked by magical Africans?
>>
>>44106580
>iberians fight back
>HOW DARE THEYYYYYYY EVUUUULLLL IBERIANS!!!!!

TOP CuCks
>>
>>44106698
>iberians fight back

I seem to recall the Iberians being the dickwads who started that shit by literally building a bridge to Africa just to steal their oil and then cry about it when the Africans formed up and curbstomped their shit into Guerilla warfare tier desperation.
>>
>>44106697
You got a problem with that, /pol/ack?
>>
>>44106697
More or less.

But you can try to keep them back with flamethrowers, unlike real life Europe at the present.
>>
>>44106609
Last thread also had /leftypol/
>>
>>44106697
I get what this attempt at bait comes from, but seriously, where does the "magical" part come in? The Anubians? Cause I haven't gotten that far in PP to read about them yet.
>>
>>44106716
>having a problem with being destroyed by Africans makes you /pol/

Welp, we're finally here. We've finally reached liberal critical mass.
>>
>>44106726
Just stop being such a racist and embrace the feel in your ass.
>>
>>44105873
That are some pretty convenient clothes. If she encounters some BBC she can just slip the belt to the side slightly.
>>
>>44106722
You mean normal people?
>>
>>44106748
>If

Look at her hair, anon. She already has dreadlocks. It's more of a "whenever".
>>
>>44106748
Well the Apocs are all hedonistic heathens so that's most likely indeed why she is dressed like that. Damned Burn-crackheads.
>>
>>44106762
>leftism
>normal

Please get fucked. Extremism in either direction is equally cancerous.
>>
Why can't I play those badass naked mutans with powers. That would be soooo cool.

Or even geting to play those robots would be great.

Seriously, fuck those generic playable shits, I've seen that shit billion times already. Only the Palers have soemthing going for them, because in most other thematicaly similar games, they'd be the Kobolds for your Wasteland Warrior™ to slaughter.
>>
>>44106803
Becouse you can play as a badass black bull with a fat cock or his bimbo cock-sleve. What more do you want?
>>
>>44106517
America was covered in ash. What happened there after is left vague, just like Asia, because the characters will be european, and thus wont know about this stuff.

The GM can make up whatever else he or she wants.
>>
>>44106517
USA (or Brazil or Thailand or whatever hellhole) isn't explicitly described in the setting material so that GM can fill in the gaps with his own stuff.

Fallout does the same, even to the most of the USA.
>>
>>44106848
>>44106862
I just know my GM is going to make this Fallout and have Liberty Prime raze Africa.
>>
>>44106803
Yeah, man, you protect that left shoulder.
>>
>>44106888
Lame.

He should give you and the rest mof the players powered KKK armors and flamethrowers, so you can do the purging yourself.
>>
>>44106726
You realise you're still talking about a fictional universe of a tabletop pen and paper role-playing game?
>>
>>44106966
Shut up and eat your liberal media.
>>
File: pepe.png (62 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
pepe.png
62 KB, 235x215
>>44106955
>>44106888
>LAME
>ONLY
>""""""""LAME""""""""
FUCKING AMERICAN'TS YOU FUCKING IDIOTS YOU DON'T GET HOW DEEP AND GREAT THIS FUCKING SETTING IS.
GO BACK TO MEMEFINDER GENERAL.
ETERNAL ANGLO FUCKING RETARD.
FUCK THE ETERNAL ANGLO MONGOLOID.
FUCK THE RETARDED SPICS THAT THINK HYBRISPANIA IS ANYTHING BUT FUCKING EVIL.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>44107017
>deep and great

o I am laffin
>>
>>44106977
/Pol/acks really are the new bronies. Everything has to be about impending race war and liberal media all the time, no matter how tenuous or relevant the connection.
>>
>>44107029
>imply-fucking-ING that degenesis isn't basically the greatest game of the last 10 years AT LEAST plus best setting and deepest combat, lore and moral choices
>>
>>44105680
Is there something like that Power armor thing in the game?
>>
>>44106784
A bit on the left is not extreme.
>>
>>44107070
Yeah, it's the Hellvetic's "Heavy Duty" harness. It's mostly used for demolition and tunneling, but it also offers excellent protection and makes you hit really damn hart in melee combat.
>>
>>44106648
Germany? About time!
>>
>>44107041
there are keks that actually believe that
>>
>>44107107
Prove me wrong fatty.
Brotip: You can't
>>
>>44107131
>Brotip

There's bait, and then there's just pouring the whole can in without using any hooks
>>
File: qDwii3C.gif (1012 KB, 530x377) Image search: [Google]
qDwii3C.gif
1012 KB, 530x377
>>44107103
>>
File: 1377879058690.jpg (24 KB, 244x244) Image search: [Google]
1377879058690.jpg
24 KB, 244x244
So is this game actually DEEP or is it people impersonating people who like the game?
>>
>>44107139
It's basically as deep as fucking anima lore wise.
And as fate gameplay wise
>>
>>44107139
it's a meme game
>>
>>44107139
Watered-down Shadowrun mechanics with European Fallout setting.

It's a meme. Creators are shilling pretty hard to sell it. This version still league ahead of their first version of the game, which was total shit.
>>
>>44107139
Dunno what qualifies as DEEP, really. It's pretty committed to its post-apocalyptic nature in that it's basically humans struggling against an unavoidable downwards spiral that will in all likelihood end with their eventual extinction. It's pretty grimdark all around, but at least to my mind doesn't get obnoxious with it. I guess you could try to get philosophical if your GM's up for it. Yada yada is there still a place for humanity when their species is literally outmoded and so on.
>>
>ITT: NO ONE CAN LIKE GAMES

Just fucking stop and let people enjoy shit, fuck sake.
>>
>>44107214
>let people enjoy shit

We're doing that. As long as you acknowledge that it's shit.
>>
>>44107175
So, if in these threads there are the devs shilling, you should be at least cut them some slack for pretty much putting out the PDF for free
>>
>>44107175
>>44107139
Their attempts to sell it in America are kind of misguided. The only reason Eurofags overpay for it is because it's about them bravely fighting the darkies. That kind of shit doesn't really go over the same way in America. America may be racist as shit, but not in the same way Europe is. There's at least the understanding among most Americans that it's part of America's nature to have different kinds of people in it. There's an American Dream. There's no German Dream. Well, there used to be a German Dream, but it didn't work out.
>>
What's the big deal about the stream? It's not like people have the ability to access it, aside for the chroniclers themselves, maybe the palers/sleepers, and the hellveticans.

Getting Internet access doesn't help put food in starving peoples' mouths or bullets in soldiers' guns
>>
>>44107214
ITT: shills attempt damage control
>>
File: Karte_EU_D-beugdesign.jpg (443 KB, 1635x1162) Image search: [Google]
Karte_EU_D-beugdesign.jpg
443 KB, 1635x1162
>>44107379
>Well, there used to be a German Dream, but it didn't work out.

It's not like they stopped trying.
>>
>>44107379
>it's about them bravely fighting the darkies
Nah, the conflict between Africa and Europe is pretty secondary and low-key, and only really active in Iberia. The primary conflict is and pretty much has always been between humans and the primer, on both continents. The new edition also added a Marauder-led invasion as another crisis.

>There's an American Dream. There's no German Dream.
What is that even supposed to mean.
>>
>>44107428
>hellveticans.

I swear, some people like that font way to much.
>>
>>44107268
>>44107435
Like talking to a fucking brick wall. Truly, madness is doing the same thing and expecting different results, and I always wonder why I respond to these.

>>44107428
I believe it has more to do with getting old research back and stuff. That, and the Chroniclers being total NEETS who want the glory days back I suppose.

>>44107453
I love the marauders, they sound both super terrifying and the base of great plots. Like I mentioned earlier, I wanna explore the Vulture's domain more.
>>
>>44107453
>What is that even supposed to mean.

The idea of the American dream has been credited with being a main reason that a lot of people integrate fairly well into US society as it is something everyone can have in common regardless of culture of origin. European countries don't exactly have that and people with a vastly different cultural background will generally just have to fit in, which to a lot of people isn't a lot to go by.
>>
>>44107453
But that's boring. I don't care whether the generic euro pouch-grouches defeat the fake aliens. What I care about is finding something better to do with that $120.
>>
>let's go into this thread where people are trying to talk about the game they like.
>and tell them what they like is shitty and they are wrong.

I fucking hate this place.
>>
>>44107584
Go back to Reddit then, nigger. This isn't a hugbox. If you can't handle criticism or people telling you that your game is shit and your tastes are shit, why the fuck are you on 4chan?

People come to 4chan for that abrasion specifically. You can't get this unabashed honesty and shitposting anywhere else now. Everyone is so concerned about MUH FEELINGS.

The game is shit. Doesn't mean you can't like it. Doesn't mean you can't have fun. But if the very notion that other people think what you like is shit sours your experience with said product, you are a big fat pussybaby.
>>
>>44107584
Agreed, let's change this.

What is something particular in this game/setting you like especially?
>>
>>44107621
I like how it's kind of a sunk cost for me now that I've bought it and I'd look like a fool if I didn't at least pretend to like it.
>>
>>44107621
Not that guy, but Spitalians combine my fetishes for remorseless crusading with tight fitting suits, gasmasks and fuck me thigh highs.

And I just stopped by to watch the trainwreck of a thread and shitpost.
>>
>>44107619
>The game is shit.
This is wrong
>other people think what you like is shit
this is more like it. What is shit and what isn't is subjectibe. Stating as a fact that something is shit, while other people are actually enjoying it is just stupid, since other people liking it does already show it's not shit for them.
I'm fine that you say there are (probably many) people who think this game is shit, however I don't like people talking like their opinion is fact.

>>44107621
I just like the overall design. The Clans seem pretty detailed and the Homo Degenesis are not what you see in other RPGs.
I think it also seems like they've put some thought into how some things actually might evolve after such a critical breakdown of society.
tl;dr it's not an generic setting imo
>>
Can anybody help me with the psychovores?
I know that they're an offspring of the prime, but at the same time they are growing in geometrical shapes and shatter when they are broken, wich would add up with the whole nanomachine background of the anubians. They also become deadlyer with declining distance to Cairo, which would suggest that they are some sort of defence mechanism developed by the anubis syndicate, possibly to ward of the recombination group
>>
>>44106580
>muricans calling it shit because the're not as important as THEY think they should be

JUST LIKE OUR DAYS!

so humans are fucked up egocentric asholes. yeah, nothing new to learn
>>
>>44107738
Also, is Aries sitting on a nanomachine factory? Because contrary to other Marauders he isn't hunting them, but rather distributes them to his followers.
>>
>>44107619
It's not the criticism. I just can't comprehend why someone would come into a thread just to shit on the topic of the thread. I despise White Wolf games and dnd. But I don't go in the threads and call everyone a retarded faggot for playing the game. I don't understand how bored and sad you could be to do that.
>>
>$120

H a h a h a h a
>>
>>44107726
Yeah, taking every tired, shopworn post-apocalypse trope and changing nothing but the names really breathes new life into them. This game's existence is not unjustified at all. It is a completely new experience that you could not get with a hundred older, cheaper, better-designed games.
>>
>>44107808
>buying all the books needed just to run a fully fledged game of Pathfinder/D&DX costs just as much
>Is somehow acceptable

Kay.
>>
>>44107824
Okay, glad that you agree
>>
>>44107738
Also, is Aries really a marauder? Because he isn't hunting nanites but gives them to his followers, which in turn seem to get "visions" directly engraved into their brains. Or he assumes direct controll when they ascend to the rank of Fatum. Which could mean that he is an AI.
Either way, there has to be a nanomachine-factory on Crete, because otherwise he couldn't get the vast amounts of nanites needed for his blood, horns and fleeces.
>>
>>44107828
>d20pfsrd
>>
>>44107828
>buy
>Pathfinder
>www.d20pfsrd.com/

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool

loooooooool
>>
>>44107828
You're geting AMERICAN quality for your money when you're buying Pathfinder.
>>
>>44107828
It's only $75 in total for the 5E PHB, DMG and MM as a bundle.
>>
>>44107828
Because those are games people play. The first money people spend on RPGs in inevitably on one of them. It can be generally assumed that you can find people to play those with. None of those are true for this piece of overhyped eurotrash.
>>
>>44107924

I have found people to play with.
>>
File: 1449831872050.jpg (115 KB, 990x1400) Image search: [Google]
1449831872050.jpg
115 KB, 990x1400
>>
>>44108186
>Depressed Hellvetic is saddened by the thread's shenanigans.
>>
>last thread runs no problem for a few days
>this one goes to shit in 1

That means 1 or 2 dedicated trolls who are up at fridays.
>>
>>44108186
>>44107726
> they've put some thought into how some things actually might evolve after such a critical breakdown of society.

Yeah, the scarcity and social and technological regression of a post-apocalypse is really reflected in all the fucking mecha. Good job, guys. I'm really feeling the end of the world.
>>
>>44108355
Fuck off lardy fatty mctubby, us aryans (AKA germans) are smarter and superior to you lardyfattubby (AKA amerishit) so we make those even in scarcity and end of the world
>>
>>44108355

Hellvetics are one of only 3 factions with access to preapocalypse tech, because they got direct access to all the bunkers

You might aswell complain about the presence of tribals in Fallout with the Brotherhood of Steel around
>>
I don't know why mods don't ban /pol/ faggots anymore.
>>
>>44108408
u forgot the evil beemutants from space
otherwise itz perfect
>>
>>44107824
Of course its full of clichés.

Games with original ideas become cult classics with poor initial sales, not fast buck delivering blockbusters.
>>
>>44108251
There also an open provocation on OP.
>>
>>44108447
The devs never wanted the game to get money. They just did it as a hobby n shit after they founded their own art studio. Now that the pnp has kicked off they're some other projects to broaden the adience, like comic books and animations. There'll also be a fairy tale about a young scrapper and his AMSUMO companion that I'm gonna tell my children before putting them to sleep. Gotta indoctrinate the young ones.
>>
>>44108503

Maybe it was created by the shitposter himself so he can have an excuse to chimp out.
>>
>>44108523
>The devs never wanted the game to get money.

Not directly, but without degenesis, the Serb who drew most of the original shit would be stuck in some dead end job, or worse, in Serbia,a country that is somehow doinf worse than bear infested mountainous land of sheepfuckers called Upper Hungary.
>>
>>44108594
>would be stuck in some dead end job

You mean working for Marvel comics?
>>
I'm a bit confused about the spread of Discordant flora and fauna - is it just in secluded patches, or is there a big band of it, or what?
>>
>>44108447
But a copycat can't replicate the success of the first or most popular example of the thing it's copying. That niche is already filled, and supply already meets demand. Why would I buy a copy of a thing when I already have the original?
>>
>>44108610
How would he get himself noticed by Marvel?

Is working for Marvel all that great anyway?
>>
>>44108651

The Discordance erupts wherever the european and african sporefields meet, so around arabia, greece and some of turkey
>>
>>44108676
http://marvel.com/comics/creators/10288/marko_djurdjevic

He worked for marvel till 2010 afterwards he formed his own studio
>>
>>44108408
>copy Fallout

You're a funny guy.

>Niggers master race
Except they aren't in the setting. They just got dealt a slightly less shitty hand than everyone else. You can also go an entire campaign without seeing a single African since the setting is meant to be played on one of several fronts, Africa being one of many. And if you insist on blacks fitting the stereotype, they still are greedy and shoot everything.

Why do people keep saying this? Do they just need their black people in settings to be in an obscure bushman splat book?
>>
File: fantasy novels.jpg (824 KB, 2912x1718) Image search: [Google]
fantasy novels.jpg
824 KB, 2912x1718
>>44108656
>Why would I buy a copy of a thing when I already have the original?

Because you're not a normie.
>>
>>44108708
Now I'm jelly.
>>
>>44108251
This is correct.
>>
>>44108651
It used to be a huge phenomenon that affected pretty much all of Europe, but eventually the primer somehow managed to get it more or less sorted out. Since then, it's continuously shrunk and become more localised. Now there's one great belt where the psychovores and spore wall meet, as well a few isolated spots that used to be mother spore fields, usually found around the mediterranean.
>>
>>44108701
>Why do people keep saying this? Do they just need their black people in settings to be in an obscure bushman splat book?

Its like one guy that haunts these threads and shitposts because he thinks he is on /b/ and this yuropoor/amurkan bullshit is funny.
>>
>>44108708
>tfw my collection of physical books is going to stagnate because ebooks are just so much more practical.
>>
>>44106714
>Iberians did nothing wrong.
>>
>>44108759
I pirate eBooks and if I find myself liking them I buy them in wood form
>>
>>44108759

I dislike reading from ebooks since looking at a small screen all day long makes my eyes hurt
>>
Still trying to get some people together to play this. Wish me luck.

I've been mulling over the books for a few days now and I'm really pleasantly surprised where all the cults are so different, yet can still find common ground in enough situations to make interesting stories.

If anything, I'm waiting for supplements that go into more detail about the old technology in vaults/AMSUMOs
>>
What I don't get is, why the german Limited Edition has normal white books while the english LE has black ones. Anybody know why?
>>
>>44107621
I mostly like the psychonauts. I have a weakness for hiveminds, and although I love the spooky space bug hivemind trope, it is nice to see something else. I mean, it's spooky space fungus, but they deliver it differently enough.

The human body's chakras and their Earth equivalents also fascinate me from a theological and a game design perspective. Since each point on a human chakra from an old religion relates to a point on earth, a type of psychonaut and a characteristic score.

Burn also makes me laugh since it is basically

"This is a super dangerous space fungus that is competing with humans for supremacy on earth, turns people into mindless hivemind drones, and every faction will want you dead if touch it."
"I'm gonna snort it."

I have no doubts that humans would actually try to make a drug out of space fungus.
>>
>>44108701
>You can also go an entire campaign without seeing a single African

And you could play an entire campaign of FATAL without having sex. You could play MYFAROG without killing Jews. It doesn't matter. This euro fantasy race war shit is a thing in the books, and that's the problem.
>>
>>44108816

A good idea is to give your players the downloads of the pdfs so they can familiarize with the setting and the crunch>>44105824

>>44108827

Because they dont want americans accidently buy the german white version and then complain about not being able to read it
>>
>>44108841

Thats your problem.

Not the books fault that killing black people triggers you.
>>
>>44108841
You know there are plenty of places where africans and europeans work and live together in the setting, right?
>>
>>44108841
>>44108841
The game's setting is so broad that you CAN reasonably go without seeing an African, though. It's not really fantasy race war and moreso exactly what could reasonably be expected when one culture suddenly has a sudden upper hand that turns some very old tables.
>>
>>44108884
#NotAllEuropeans
>>
>>44108891
Except the writers chose to have it be that way in their game, and don't pretend you don't know why.
>>
>>44108896
I don't really get what your problem is or how the setting rustled you so much.
>>
>>44108936
I don't understand what you're implying

If you think this game was designed to be "1488 LIBERAL APOCALYPSE, DEFEND THE WHITE RACE", you are grievously misinterpreting a lot of it. I like how Africa is written, it's interesting to me - If you have some deep personal political issues with perceived notions of the writers, well, that sounds like a very very subjective issue of perception.

Not "problematic writing"
>>
>>44108774
REMOVE SCOURGER REMOVE SCOURGER PRESERVE PREGNOKTICS
>>
>>44108856
Oh alright. I'm thinking about getting the english version just because it's black, but I just noticed they have converted measurements to the imperial system for the US market in the english pdf. Shit. I might still get it. It being black instead of white give it a bit more of a LE feel
>>
>>44108947

His problem is attention-seeking behavior, and you are feeding into his problem. Stop that, it's very silly.

That said, I've come around from seeing the Clanners as "here we have the tribal savages" and more as something of a jack of all trades faction-maker. If one of the other 12 cults doesn't float one's boat, they can make a new one - a smaller one, to be sure, but there's plenty of room in the setting to make them, and enough space that they can become reasonably powerful in their own right in their home territory.
>>
>>44108841
>This euro fantasy race war shit is a thing in the books

Once again, that's simply not the case. The only place where there are hostilities is at the border in Ibera, and as mentioned before that's as much on the Iberians as the Africans. Everybody else is generally just much too preoccupied with what's going on in their own back yard to worry much about what's going on across the Mediterranean.

The Spitalians are making the first steps in establishing hospitals over on the African mainland and have a working, if awkward, relationship with the Scourgers. They can't be arsed about any human-on-human wars because to them fighting the Primers takes absolute precedence.

The Chroniclers are happy to work with anybody who will bring them information, though they are only worried that the Neolybians might destabilise their currency.

Apocalyptics thrive on whatever smuggling and trading's to be done with and in Africa.

The Hellvetics regularly and happily work as mercenaries and guards with African factions.

Anabaptists, Judges, and Scrappers are really only concerned about what's happening in their own area.
>>
>Game has Europeans, Slavs and Blacks
>No Arabs to be seen

How come?
>>
>>44108999
Oh fuck. I was about to order the English version, but I might then wait for the Franker version to have the metric system.
I just hope Edge Ent. (FFG in EU) won't release it in half a year.
>>
>>44109044
Spain is pretty much africans vs spainers
>>
So Marauders are alive since pre eshaton times thanks to nanites, the same nanites that the sleepers use

Are there any Sleepers left from the very first cascade that still have all their memories from their old lives? Have they become Marauders themselves?
>>
File: tumblr_nn0v23mgiw1qjrmh1o1_1280.jpg (1 MB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn0v23mgiw1qjrmh1o1_1280.jpg
1 MB, 1138x1600
>>44109059
The middle east is blocked off behind a belt of Psychovores to the west and the spore wall to the north, both of which are impassable to humans.
>>
>>44109059

Neolybians have arabic looking guys too
>>
>>44109059
They all went allahu admiral ackbar against different ennemies and there's not a single one left.
>>
>>44109059

Jehammedans
>>
>>44109059
Because this is a European fantasy where kebab has been removed and they've moved on to removing couscous.
>>
>>44109088
Maybe. I guess the prolonged use of nanites would make anyone a Marauder after a few centuries. But most of the Marauders are strictly anti-RG. I'm sure some of them (the least mad ones) don't like draining Sleepers, but consider them enemies because the vast majority of them are under RG memetic programming.
>>
File: happy wojak.png (129 KB, 724x611) Image search: [Google]
happy wojak.png
129 KB, 724x611
>>44109103
>tfw no nordicks

It's like reverse Stay Still Stay Silent!
>>
>>44105784
>DEGENESIS: If you don't have it yet, where the hell have you been?!

Not here, I have been busy and had no idea the book is even out
>>
>>44109221
The link was posted in post 3.
>>
>>44109221

Well its out now and if you dont want to spend money on physical release here are the download links to the pdfs aswell as the last thread with some supplements>>44105824
>>
>>44109264
>>44109263
Thank you, I will get it now and I will try to have a group going after the new year stuff is out of the way
>>
Why are Spitalians best Cult?
>>
>>44109432
Because of dat bulge.
>>
>>44108708
woah nice
>>
>>44109002
I'm really not a fan, honestly. The rank progression is kind of bland and doesn't necessarily fit every clan. And Europe just doesn't seem big enough to have any conceivable clan. It's not like 40k where you can make your own IG regiment because the Galaxy is so fucking big they just exist. And I think the fun part of the setting is the conflict and disagreements between the cults, then they just give you the ability to play outside of the cults. It reminds of my of playing 3.X with I lyrics core races and someone asks to play a Kitsune.

That's just me though, and I'm not set in stone with that opinion.
>>
>>44108999
That's kind of cool of them to do the conversions though. I'm American and do prefer the metric system. But most Americans prefer to go "what is that in feet?", so at least they know their audience. Their lazy audience.
>>
>>44109534

Oh, yeah, the rank progression is the weakest part of the Clanners, though it's nothing a bit of elbow crease couldn't solve, if people really wanted to.
>>
>>44109589
Scifag detected
>>
>>44109623
Guilty.
>>
File: 1449684428354.png (318 KB, 593x588) Image search: [Google]
1449684428354.png
318 KB, 593x588
>there's a futa scourger in the example characters
For what reason
>>
>>44109685
name a page #
>>
>>44109685
To show that Scourgers are rather retarded, not discriminating against men or women but they do against a hermaphrodite. Besides considering the amounts of mutations going around, a dong is not that unlikely.

Though I'd put it on an Apocalyptic, personally.
>>
>>44106803
Man, I haven't read the books yet but all the mutants look like absolute badasses to me and makes me want to play them. The clans are pretty cool looking too, but I have a love of bio-body modifications and mutations.
>>
>>44109783
251 Primal Punk
>>
>>44109685
Never played a half elf back in the day?
Like that, but in post apoc punk.
>>
>tfw when you want to just purge spore-infested scum from the face of the Earth.
>tfw there's some clanner chick always on my ass everywhere, worshiping like some white god because I shanked some shitty pheromancer controlling her tribe.
>mfw I'm too medical for this shit.
>>
>>44109534
>Europe just doesn't seem big enough to have any conceivable clan.

There are 51 independent countries at least partially located in Europe, many of them federations.
>>
>Geri writhes, grabs the steel foot, tears at it. Bluecast closes his eyes.

amsumo are creepy as fuck
>>
>>44109810
As some people have mentioned already, those aren't playable. You don't get to play anything cool or different, really. The variety of factions is purely cosmetic, and you pretty much have to be a normal-ass human with some kind of boring weapon and an off-the-shelf list of skills.
>>
>>44110220
I kind of wonder whether Spitalians have particular routines and habits when getting freaky with each other.

>Okay, now comes the part where I rub down your dick with limestone
>>
File: 1431406068956.png (147 KB, 745x814) Image search: [Google]
1431406068956.png
147 KB, 745x814
>>44110220
>not shanking her too
>>
>>44110361
Well, they scrub everything with limestone...
>>
>>44110361
well there's Forschungsgruppe HIVE (only know the kraut name for it) where the boss selects a breeding partner for you so they can strengthen the purestrain and breed the masterrace.
>>
>>44110569
>Okay, you know the drill. Missionary, ten pumps at most, no eye contact, and keep fluid exchange to a minimum.
>>
>>44110224
And they're all the same. They live basically the same way, hate Jews and kebab, and overestimate their differences from each other. It's what happens when you live within spitting distance of each other for millennia.
>>
>>44110680
>for millennia
Pff! Read your bible, son.
>>
>>44110569
>>44110646
Funny thing is that the guys from HIVE can become Anubians because they fullfill the genetic prerequesites. One of them is basically their Jesus
>>
>>44110259
>Yet their protocols seemed modified. Now, everyone on the street was asked to mind the curfew. Even when people did, the AMSUMOs followed up, demanding identification. They did not let go, chased people to their houses, forced open doors, arrested them. The jails were already overflowing; newcomers were pressed into the cells by force. Corpses piled up, rotten arms stuck through bars—and still they brought more.
>>
I really like that Chroniclers are all about knowledge and not retarded priests, that had always bothered me in 40K.
Now, I can't really decide between their paths, I'll see with the rest of the team.
>>
>>44110813
They still semi-retarded because they don't like sharing their tech with everyone else, and are greedy a/f because the Neolybians threaten their currency.
>>
>>44110829
Well, information literally is their currency. If they were too generous with it, they'd lose what leverage they have and would quickly find themselves as powerless and vulnerable as they'd been in the beginning.
>>
Would you sleep a Sleeper?
>>
Can somebody enlighten me on the chakras?
We have the lower backbone in Pollen, solar plexus in Purgare, throat in Balkhan, third eye in Hybrispania and heart in Franka. That leaves the crown and the genitals. I heard that the one for the genitals will be covered in Black Atlantik with the creepy merfolks, but where is the crown? There was some speculation in the forums that the crown could be covered by the Psychovores/Anubians, but then there's this new field forming in borca...

Can somebody help me with the meanings of the chakras? I'm doing research myself, but it's complicated.
>>
>>44110829
>>44110856
The neolybians are also plundering the tech they need to reactivate the stream. Filthy black gentlemen, I hope they all die while they're hunting some scary monsters in Pollen.
I-It's not like I wanted one of their stupig jeweled guns or ugly giant tanks...
>>
>>44110829
Well, I understand wanting to keep an edge over others, the air is more about suspicion than open friendship, after all.
>>
>>44110874
Each Chakra is associated with a few certain concepts and abilities. For example, Vishudda, the one at the neck represents growth, maturation, and communication. That's a pretty good fit for the Pheromancers, and I'd expect you'd find similar connections for the others.
>>
>>44110874

Its the borcan one, the spitalians successfully nanitebombed it before it could activate its primer protocols, though now centuries later it seems to slowly regenerate itself
>>
>>44110874
>>44111009
Fun fact: The Sahasrara (crown chakra) is on the back of the Primal Punk book
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.