[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1 (27).jpg (321 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1 (27).jpg
321 KB, 640x640
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

How easily can you build Jedi without homebrew? If you need to homebrew, what's the minimum homebrew needed to get the job done?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW
>>
First for cute qlippoth
>>
DUDE KIEF LMAO
>>
>make a demon lord

>name
>history, personality, general fluff
>abyssal layer
>portfolio
>domains
>subdomains
>and optionally, boons and obediances
>>
File: arueshalae.jpg (45 KB, 485x720) Image search: [Google]
arueshalae.jpg
45 KB, 485x720
>>44014520
Succubi are cuter.
>>
>>44014477
But OP, that's 4e artwork.
>>
>>44014477
You can build a Jedi pretty easily, it's an Aether Kineticist.

No, really. Telekinesis for Force-related things. Lightsaber is a Kinetic Blade. Aether Ward is an equivalent to deflecting incoming attacks (even if it's really shit). Maybe take 5 levels of Fighter to get ahold of Cut/Smash from the Air to better deflect blaster shots.
>>
File: Vampire Bards A Cute.png (334 KB, 339x670) Image search: [Google]
Vampire Bards A Cute.png
334 KB, 339x670
>>44014554

As are vampires.
>>
File: elf_engineer.jpg (375 KB, 686x900) Image search: [Google]
elf_engineer.jpg
375 KB, 686x900
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XkoqXlPwmQjVx2CsRBsh1zsXmZvuRWh9dCw2djS7BAg/edit?usp=sharing

I decided to see if I could make an interesting Construct-based summoner variant.

It owes a lot to the Celestial Summoner (Though it's less dedicated in it's focus than that one was)

Feedback would be appreciated. I'm trying not to have it be TOO powerful. At least in comparison to the base summoner. Some worries have been expressed with the capstone.

Also working on an Eidolon-focused version for later but that's not done enough for much help.

This is mostly done, just finalizing stuff (And trying to find something CR 1 to add to the summoning list)

Using a name in case I need to reply to people's comments. Otherwise it gets a bit confusing at times.
>>
>>44014580
I have a big folder of 4e artwork I grabbed from DDI when my friend had a subscription. It's nice looking, so I use it.
>>
Are you the hero we need and deserve because good outsiders are retards?
>>
>>44014588
What book is that image in?
>>
>>44014629

Monster Codex. Vampire Bard.
>>
>>44014583
Aren't all the classes in that book shit?
>>
>>44014542
Name: Ichigo, Lord of Cringe
History: Too cringy to record
Personality: Massive weaboo who hits on the other demon lords. Considered creepy even by the most vile and evil creatures in existance
Layer: Personal demi-plane of !notJapan
Domains: Darkness, War, Death, Chaos.
Sub domains: Demon, Riot, Loss, Moon, Night, Daemon, Blood
Boons: Upon looking at Ichigo, you must make a DC:40 Will save to avoid remembering all the cringy stuff you did as child. Those who fail the save are dazed for 10 rounds, or if immune, 1 round. Carries a +5 Fiery Vorpal Katana, +5 Shadowy Trench coat, and a Fedora of Euphoria which grants +10 INT and WIS.
>>
>>44014477
>How easily can you build Jedi without homebrew?

I'd guess either Psionics or Path of War (or both) are the best options, but I have no idea what it would be.

Lets assume lightsaber is a custom item, for simplicity's sake.

What best covers the rest of their abilities/fighting style?
>>
>>44014554
>>44014588
>these
>cuter then literal moeblobs
>>
>>44014662
Not all of them, Mesmerist and Occultist are okay, Spiritualist is kind of meh but it's a legit Jojo class.

Psychic is a 9th level Int-based caster though, and the Kineticist and Medium are giant piles of steaming shit mechanically, even if the Kineticist is the coolest class from a flavor standpoint.
>>
>>44014715
>even if the Kineticist is the coolest class from a flavor standpoint
I actually thought they were the most bland
>>
>>44014715

The Kineticist and Medium were the two most interesting concepts in that book, I thought. The only ones that really shook up the traditional approach to magic in a while, and they got punished HARD for it.

I still wonder if it had something to do with the popular new guy being the developer or if it was just a matter that Paizo is not friendly to classes that get too far away from the bard or wizard in disguise chassis.
>>
File: 15mle9w.jpg (30 KB, 425x224) Image search: [Google]
15mle9w.jpg
30 KB, 425x224
>>44014734
Eh, I think they're pretty neat, there's a lot of interesting characters you can make with the class when your DM ignores burn.
>>
>>44014477
Play a Magus (Mindblade) and pick force spells. Done.
>>
>>44014746
Paizo fucked Mark pretty hard.
>>
>>44014821

I mean, it feels like Mark was trying to play on the common criticism that magic is too easy, consistent, and safe for how powerful it is, and then the other guys who were happy to finally have an entire book with absolutely no martial combat classes or material worth mentioning (fuck you, person who thought chakras were acceptable) punished him hard for it.
>>
>>44014803
>Mindblade with Force spells.
>Jedi

What about the Jedi jumps/movement?
The Jedi Mind Tricks/Control?
Force Choke?
TK lifting people & objects?

Last I checked the magus can't do most of those.
>>
Repostan because I am a total pleblord that doesnt know anything.

Pretty new to the whole pnp thing here with only 1 game under my belt (the gm made characters for us). And now I am ready to give character creation a try.

I reviewed the other books and had a look at the synthesist, who at first glance with his cha based abilities and horrible monster merging made me want to play as a tentacled monstrosity posing as a kindly and amiable nobleman.

So far, the concept I am working on is having as many tentacles as I can fit into the resource pool or whatever and then working on getting some of the more mundane natural attacks like hoof,bite and claws then playing like a martial instead of a caster. It can also apparently summon so I might use "noble" looking summoned monsters like eagles, dogs and angels when I am forced to fight while being observed. Considering trying play myself off as some sort of bard that plays the piano or other unwieldy instrument and uses the size of it as an excuse for not having it with me when asked to perform.

Can I make this concept work or will I end up as that awkward guy who cant do anything?

Tips both RP and Optimization would be great.
>>
>>44014821
To be fair, mark vehemently defends the classes biggest flaw: burn

It can't be all Paizo's fault the kineticist ended up as fucked as it was. Really, it was incredibly easy for me to do a rework of the class because most of the changes just involved removing mention of the word "burn" from class features.
>>
>>44014896
What level are you starting and make sure Summoners are OK with the DM.
>>
>>44014876
Sounds like some sort of wizard with fly, telekinesis and enchantment spells.
>>
>>44014928
I mentioned my concept to the game that I'm trying to join which apparently starts at level 1.
>>
>>44014901

I wish I had a better gauge of how much of that is Mark and how much of that is Mark's job to be the guy who defends unpopular mechanical decisions on the forums because most of the other devs won't.

He did design the class, but...I dunno, the rest of his stuff outside Occult Adventures seems really well-done. It seems off.

>>44014875

>Paizo doesn't love chakras

Even to this day, that makes me way more salty than it should.
>>
Is there any rule against switching direction while walking or can I go back and forth between two squares? Aqueous Sphere seems really good at making things fail its save.
>>
>>44014954
I would probably ditch the Noble thing if you are level 1, level 1's are usually just slightly exceptional commoners. You could probably work your way into nobility though.
>>
>>44014964
Aqueous Orb*
>>
>>44014939
Except a wizard can't fight.

Hence my dilemma of "how would I make a Jedi".

Maybe I'll just homebrew up some stuff to match one or two of the three subsystems I'll be including in the campaign (PoW/Spheres/Psionics)...

Hmm.

Spheres Magus, perhaps...
>>
>>44014896
Oh, another issue is the 1 min cast time for merging with your eidolon.
Is there a way to stay merged and still look normal?
>>
>>44014995
Would a monk with the right magic items (ring of telekinesis comes to mind) and a magic'd temple sword work?
>>
>>44014520
I can't wait for this meme to end.
>>
>>44014991
>>44014994
There's no rule against changing directions, just keep in mind that all of the X Orb spells /stop/ when entering a creature's square.

So you'd only get 10ft of total movement, but on the other hand it forces them to move or get waterballoon'd repeatedly.
>>
>>44015044
I was thinking monk too.

With the qinggong powers, I think the only thing they'd miss naturally is telekinesis and mind tricks?

And while iconic, they're not an overwhelming big part of 'is a jedi'
>>
>>44015074
Qinggong Jin.....
>>
>>44015055
Aqueous Orb does not stop when it enters a creature's square.
>>
>>44015055
>all of the X Orb spells /stop/ when entering a creature's square
No.
>>
>>44014876
>What about the Jedi jumps/movement?
Kinetic Leap. Like everything else tied to the Kineticist, it's terrible.
>The Jedi Mind Tricks/Control?
Fuck if I know, diplomacy/bluff out the ass?
>Force Choke?
Suffocate utility power
>TK lifting people & objects?
This is the entirety of the Aether element.
>>
>>44015101
Would you look at that.
>>
Does anybody have a PDF of the Inner Sea Race guide?
>>
>>44015186
So, I can make creatures have to save against it 3 times per move action, so up to 6 times a round. Pretty good for Dazing Spells.

You can summon it on top of something to get the damage without having to use a move-action, too, right?
>>
>>44015211
You can't. Paizo explicitly confirmed that you can only force one save per round per orb.
>>
>>44014876
>What about the Jedi jumps/movement?
Jump, Blurred Movement, Fly, Haste, Bladed Dash etc. You have a ton of options for that.

>The Jedi Mind Tricks/Control?
Whatever is on the Magus spell list, Psychic access steals spells from the Psychic spell list and Spell Blending to steal from Wizard/Sorc

>Force Choke? TK lifting people & objects?
Between the above three options you can cover that.

And you can generate a lightsaber pretty much.
>>
>>44015266
Huh. That's a better approximation than I thought.
>>
>>44015236
Do you have a link or remember where? Sometimes people say Paizo confirmed something when it's just JJ making things up.
>>
What's the best high-level wizard spell for dealing with high-CR Constructs?
>>
>>44014477
Build Question:

I've got a Wildshape focused druid.

What will I want for gear besides:
>Wild Armor
>Ring of Eloquence (so I don't have to take Wild Speech or prep the spell every day)
>Amulet of Mighty Fists

?

I get that those are my basics, but after those, what's worth getting?
>>
>>44015323
Wish
>>
>>44015361
Sorry I meant with no significant material component--I'm a cheap-ass.
>>
>>44015332
Amulet of Natural Armor
>>
>>44015236
So I can force 5 saves in a round against the same target by using all 5 different ball lightning orbs?
>>
>>44015373
Amulet slot needed for mighty fists.

I've got wild fullplate though, so that should be sufficient.
>>
>>44015372
Buffing teammates with haste and other sweet buffs.
>>
>>44015372
Blood Money, then Wish.

Spell Sage archetype can also cast Miracle.
>>
>>44015412
How do you suggest I get 51 Str, genius?
>>
>>44015422
Magic Jar for a higher base score, then buffs to take you the rest of the way.
>>
>>44015422
Why do you need 51Str?

You mean to use Blood Money for Wish directly?

You can use it more subtly to break WBL and build up enough cash to cast wish.

But for simpler ways to deal with constructs, Fabricate and Stone shape work quite well.
>>
>>44015311
It was a FAQ, as I recall. Can't remember which spell it was exactly, so I can't find it.

>>44015386
Per spell would have been a better wording. But if you cast two aqueous orbs or flaming spheres or whatever and they both moved over the same target, then yes, you could force two saves.
>>
>>44015470
Abusing blood money like that's gonna get the DM slapping you, y'know.
>>
>>44015528
Absolutely.

Last time I used blood money it was so I could switch builds for my synthesist summoner without paying a fortune each time. I'd take a couple points of str drain (which I'd heal up later), and change my form.

I had a travel form, and a two combat forms, and a utility form.
>>
>>44015470
>You can use it more subtly to break WBL
Wealth by Level? How?
>>
>>44015470
You can't Fabricate a construct, and most constructs aren't stone for stone shape.
>>
>>44015557
Blood Money + Fabricate.
Make a platinum holy symbol out of nothing, worth 500GP.

'Course, after you have one, you can just Fabricate repeatedly to duplicate it, each casting netting you another 500GP holy symbol.
>>
>>44015591
You fabricate or stone shape the terrain, rather than targetting the construct.

For instance, you could encase it's square in a stone box with walls 2ft thick, or simply wall off the room.

You just need to do the math to determine the volume of material you can affect.

Encounter complete.
>>
>>44015632
If you're on solid ground, Passwall makes a decent lower level temporary fix for constructs - assuming it doesn't have flying.
>>
So just had a session in my groups pf game and one of the players died. We play online and use a declare system where you need to declare your action with a macro before your init comes up. It's designed to speed up gameplay and it does but this one player who's character died always had problems with it. He had been knocked to dying status then healed to positive and tried to stand up right next to an enemy. We use house rules that full attacks are standard actions and you can full attack on an aoo. It boost the melee characters to keep up with casters. So his character took 4 hits and was instantly dead. He argued didn't know the rule because it had only come a few times before. He was trying to change his declared action but his turn started before he emptied it so he was locked into standing. Did the dm be too hard on him or is once the dice are rolled that's it.
>>
>>44015632
>Casting requires 1 round per 10 cubic feet of material to be affected by the spell.
>Using it during combat
Stone shape seems fine though, if you're lucky enough to be in a stone dungeon.
>>
>>44015654
Then you pull out the ranged weapons and shoot it until it dies.
>>
>>44014542
>make a demon lord
Actually going to just post one my players just killed in my campaign.

>name
Belephaine
>history, personality, general fluff
Is known for being, physically, one of the weakest demon lords. What he lacks in might he however makes up for in guile. He once won a wager with the son of Orcus, his prize being a moving undead citadel named Pechwar. This castle has seen time in many campaigns of the demons, and serves as a moving city and center of operations for the Demon Lords. He is known as a deceiver and an infiltrator, seemingly able to not only take of the form of others, but their memories as well. He has only been seen to be pushed into a corner twice. Once when fighting along against two dukes of hell, and once against the herald of sarenrae. Each time his opponents, and anyone else near him, perished in a torrent of pent fury and madness.

>abyssal layer
97, The Severing Air. This layer exists as a seeming gap between levels. Open space with nothing but motes of dust and floating islands. Most of the inhabitants are noninteligent twisted flying demons, with a few castles and settlements of tieflings and demons clinging to to the rocks.

>portfolio
Deceit, Disguises, Torture, Self Perfection, Self Improvement, Freedom

>domains
Chaos, Evil, Darkness, Trickery, Liberation, Luck
>subdomains
Entropy, Freedom, Loss, Isolation, Deception, Curse

>and optionally, boons and obediances
I have some different extras. The artifacts he had with him in his trophy room.

The Perfect Self & Perfect Silver. The perfect self is the set of bandages he wore that allowed him to change shape, taking on the forms of his choosing, they are blackened and caked in dried ichor. Perfect Silver is an unadorned silver bar, each side of which is sharpened. One side severs, the other connects. There is no limit to what it severs.
>>
>>44015685
Oh and his titles:
Belephaine, The Ragged Man, The Lord of Masks, Ichabod's Serpent, Arrogance's End
>>
>>44015654
Creatures larger than medium can't enter a 5-by-8 foot opening without squeezing through with escape artist, can they?
>>
>>44015655
>and one of the players died.

Suicide, heart attack, his house collapsed, SWATted?
>>
>>44015613
>'Course, after you have one, you can just Fabricate repeatedly to duplicate it, each casting netting you another 500GP holy symbol.
That's not how Fabricate works. You turn the material component into the desired object. You would have to cast Blood Money and take the damage for every 500 GP you want to make, because you still need to use up the material component each time.
>>
>>44015728
Meant players character obviously
>>
>>44015663
>10 cubic feet
That'll get me a solid 10ft long beam thats 1ft thick and 1ft tall. Suddenly the golem is blocked off for a while while we shoot him to death.

Significantly more space occupied if I make it into something that isn't solid, such as a chainlink fence, briar-bush tangled strands of whatever, etc.
>>
>>44015745
The golem can't stop over a 1-foot-high 1-foot-wide wall? That doesn't even seem like enough to qualify for difficult terrain for a large creature.

I like your low-density idea, though. I'll need some ranks in Craft to make good use of it.
>>
>>44015734
Here's my understanding of it.

Fabricate:
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fabricate
>(the original material, which costs the same amount as the raw materials required to craft the item to be created)

A platinum holy symbol *costs* 500GP .

It does not take 500GP worth of supplies to craft it.

Fabricate doesn't care about the quantity of material only the cost.

A platinum holy symbol is platinum and worth 500gp. the standard material component cost is 50% of the sale price. Ergo a platinum holy symbol can be used as the components to make 2 platinum holy symbols via fabricate.
>>
>>44015794
Three. Mundane crafting cost is 1/3rd market price.
>>
>>44015791
>The golem can't stop over a 1-foot-high 1-foot-wide wall?
It can if you make it a wall. Why would you do that?

It's a golem in what is likely a 10x10 hallway.

Put the beam in the middle, 4.5ft off the ground, attached to the walls.

Personally I'd make it less thick/dense and fill more area, and then again, shoot it to death.
>>
>>44015802
Three, then.

That IS how fabricate works, is it not?
>>
>>44015794
A third of a holy symbol does not cost 500 gp/3, because there is no market for buying a third of a holy symbol--it's useless. Since you can't create three holy symbols at once with one use of Fabricate, the fact that the holy symbol you have has three times the value of the raw materials required to create it is irrelevant--there's no way to get the extra value.
>>
>>44015819
>what are break DCs
>thinking a golem can't just brush that aside like a twig

>>44015833
Yep.
>>
>>44015703
You're right, using this one to make pits under their feet doesn't work well on the big guys.
>>
>>44015841
>Yep.
That makes no sense. Read >>44015834
>>
>>44015846
>sense
>Pathfinder RAW
Choose one and only three-thirds.
>>
File: 1446982598212.jpg (998 KB, 1256x1631) Image search: [Google]
1446982598212.jpg
998 KB, 1256x1631
Will you be using this in your games?
>>
>>44015834
>You can't create three holy symbols at once with one use of Fabricate
I'm not seeing that restriction in Fabricate anywhere.

What in Fabricate stops me from making several things at once, given the right kind of material?
>>
Once you use Fabricate to create another holy symbol, the first one is destroyed as part of casting the spell, because it is the material component. Not a third of it, not the amount proportional to the cost of the materials needed, but the entire thing.

If you break it into three pieces first, then you can't even use it as the material component, because like I said, a third of a holy symbol is definitely worth less than a third of a complete holy symbol... probably only as much as its components, meaning 1/9th.

>>44015872
>You convert material of one sort into a product that is of the same material.
Do you know what the word "a" means?
>>
>>44015880
Nothing, in RAW.
>>
>>44015890
What? A product definitely means one thing. RAW or otherwise. Writing "a" definitely makes it "as written."
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (78 KB, 304x592) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
78 KB, 304x592
Have you ever used/encountered a wendigo in one of your games, outside of an adventure path?
>>
File: 1425087398184.jpg (26 KB, 250x267) Image search: [Google]
1425087398184.jpg
26 KB, 250x267
>>44015880
>Do you know what the word "a" means?
Then craft three holy symbols connected by sprues.

Technically one item.
>>
>>44015866
I might fuck with my players via sleep paralysis to teach them a lesson for not taking shifts.
>>
>>44015910
Show me where the CRB defines that :^)

Seriously though, what >>44015922 said. There's nothing that prohibits you from making one item that can be separated into other items.
>>
>>44015922
Who is to decide that that item is worth three times as much as a holy symbol? There is no precedent, unless there is some rule for the price of crafted things with no practical purpose.
>>
>>44015880
Do you know what the word "a" means?

I see.

>>44015910
You are reading "a product" to mean "a single thing".

I am reading it to mean "an end result that could be crafted with materials of the same type which cost the same amount as the raw materials required to craft the item to be created".
>>
>>44015950
>Show me where the CRB defines that :^)
The CRB does not define the meaning of english words, other than specific terms in its glossary. If you are saying it needs to, then the entire book is unusable because every sentence in the rules contains words of "unknown" meaning.

RAW does not mean "pretend that language doesn't exist."
>>
>>44015960
As in "a product of a days work", the results, rather than "a product I purchased in a store", an item.
>>
File: 2ba3c4b9390cc43L.jpg (13 KB, 339x228) Image search: [Google]
2ba3c4b9390cc43L.jpg
13 KB, 339x228
>>44015944

>"You wake up the next morning feeling strangely tired despite having gotten a full night's sleep."
>"Also your butts are sore for some reason."
>>
>>44015866
If I wanted to put aliens in my fantasy game, I'd run Shadowrun instead, because Pathfinder is shit at handling guns.

Come to think of it, I just loathe Pathfinder as a system. I only play it because that's all anyone ever runs, and D&D 4e and 5e are treated like dirty words.
>>
>>44015991
Well that fucking sucks

desu though PF isn't so bad
>>
>>44015915
During one of my campaigns, my PCs ran a fur trapping/tea farm on this mountain that every winter a wendigo would hunt and attack anyone caught outside during night.

They made around 250,000 gold a year doing this.

When asked why don't they kill or attack the wendigo, they're response was literally this:

"Knigga you crazy, as long as we don't fuck with it and pay other adventurers to handle him, we can still make more money then ransacking a dungeon."

And hence a complicated story that ended in a World War but replacing countries with businesses and industries was created.

One of them soon created a monster making company in honor of that wendigo.
>>
>>44016074

>One of them soon created a monster making company in honor of that wendigo.

Wait, monster MAKING? Like, a company devoted to using magic to slap together horrible sins against nature like owlbears and the like? For what ungodly purpose?
>>
>>44016088
Shekels, m'dear boy.

Shekels.
>>
>>44015991
>I just loathe Pathfinder as a system.
Sorry to hear it. Personally I like the basics of the system, even if there are lots of details I dislike.

You really can't find anyone to play Shadowrun with you?
>>
>>44015960
>>44015979
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/product
>something resulting from or necessarily following from a set of conditions
Now look up "something"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/something

Something always refers to one individual thing.

Therefore, "a product" always refers to one thing.
>>
>>44015880
>Once you use Fabricate to create another holy symbol, the first one is destroyed as part of casting the spell, because it is the material component.
Read false focus it takes the place of the material component like a divine focus does for divine casters so no it doesn't use the Holy symbol in the casting.
And yes fabricate and false focus are stupid, also blood money and fabricate are stupid.
>>
>>44016099

Did they sell the monsters to enterprising young evil overlords?
>>
>>44016117
That totally works. No one mentioned False Focus in the thread before you.
>>
>>44016074
How does the existence of the Wendigo bring you more money? I don't understand.
>>
>>44016108
Product
Sure, so far so good.

Something
>some indeterminate or unspecified thing

That "unspecified thing" need not be a single, completed physical item. The "unspecified thing" can just as easily be "the results of a week's work", which could just as easily be 100 arrows as it could be half of a wagon as it could be "a spear".

The word thing is not specific enough to guarantee the meaning you want it to.
>>
>>44016142
Ah I figured they did when they were talking about the cost of a holy symbol, but honestly the best way to do this is to just make stuff like trade bars of platinum or adamantite since they do not require craft skills to make
>>
>>44015986
Naw nigga, My players got me that premium user shit. Gonna use my dynamic lighting special fx and make grey tokens show up at the second lowest light setting and sleep terrorize Arragornx and Dryzzt.
>>
>>44016161
>That "unspecified thing" need not be a single, completed physical item.
>The word thing is not specific enough to guarantee the meaning you want it to.
On the contrary:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/thing

>The "unspecified thing" can just as easily be "the results of a week's work"
Not if the result of a week's work is 100 arrows, as those are multiple physical objects. People do talk like that sometimes, but it is objectively wrong based on the dictionary.
>>
>>44016183
>the best way to do this is to just make stuff like trade bars of platinum or adamantite since they do not require craft skills to make
Those are priced like gems, sell price = crafting price.

The goal here is sell price > crafting price.
>>
>>44016037
>>44016106
I've been in a couple Shadowrun games, they're now all dead or dying.

At least I still have Dark Heresy.
>>
>>44016200
Well your best bet in that case would be craft statue or something else like that so you could make a statue worth 1500 gold by using your 500 gold worth of materials since they do not have set values
>>
>>44016199
Thing
>deed, act, accomplishment
>the aim of effort or activity

>a product
>product
>something
>some indeterminate or unspecified thing
>thing
>the aim of effort or activity/deed, act, accomplishment

The word product can be read either way.
>>
I think outside of False Focus, the bizzare 'This thing is worth x, which is 3 times the value needed to craft one' thing falls flat because in destroying the item to use it for components, you have reduced it to its component parts, which is the value of one of them.
>>
>>44016216
Haha, and I can't stand Dark Heresy.

Though that's not so much an issue of mechanics so much as it's very tied to WH40k, which is not a setting I like.
>>
>>44015685
>>44015698
r8?
>>
>>44016229
Art Objects are priced like gems.

Sell value = crafting cost, no?

at least: sell value = buy value.
>>
>>44016246
Yeah you need false focus our blood money to make it worth it, or some way to get cheap items, or be breaking down treasure. Or start killing trees and eating mountains to get raw materials
>>
>>44016259
From the srd on crafting
>Pay 1/3 of the item's price for the raw material cost
>>
>>44016246
If you were actually crafting, yes. that's not what fabricate does. It *Destroys* the components and creates something new (out of nothing) based on their price and substance. Otherwise it would be a focus or just the target, rather than a component.
>A material component consists of one or more physical substances or objects that are annihilated by the spell energies in the casting process.
>>
>>44016259
Plus UE specifies that rough gems are worth 1/3rd of the cut versions. Like you can get "rough alexandrite 15 gp (currently worth 5gp, DC 13 Craft gemcutting to repair)" as loot.
>>
>>44016237
>the aim of effort or activity/deed, act, accomplishment
This entire definition refers to usage such as "the thing is to get well" and "do great things." Accomplishments are not physical things, but refer to the having done an act itself, not the product of the act. A deed/act/accomplishment would be making a holy symbol, not the holy symbol itself.

>You convert material of one sort into a deed that is of the same material.
See why that doesn't work?
>>
So, how many of you people use Donjon for treasure generation? How good is the generator? I've been using it lately for salvage because it doesn't make sense for most homes/keeps/hideouts to have nothing but coins.

>http://donjon.bin.sh/pathfinder/treasure/index.cgi
>>
>>44016326
>the aim of effort or activity
That could be any aim of effort or activity. You'll notice deed/act/accomplishment was an additional possible definition of the word.

If that aim is "a new sword", than you can use it for a sword. If it's "more rubies" then you get more rubies, based on the limitations of the spell regarding component costs.
>>
>>44016237
In case I wasn't clear, "the aim of effort or activity" is the same usage as "deed" and is still talking about the focusing of effort itself rather than the desired result of the effort. The examples should make that clear.
>>
>>44016342
What is the first field used for? Number of enemies?
>>
>>44016326
>You convert material of one sort into an accomplishment that is of the same material.
For instance, this one works just fine.
>>
>>44016347
No, the aim is the focusing of effort, not the goal. Read the example.
><the thing is to get well>
>>
>>44016357
I believe so? I am unsure.
>>
>>44016357
Encounters?
>>
>>44016376
><the thing is to get well>
><the goal is to get well>
><the focusing of effort is to get well>

That doesn't make any sense.

Pretty sure "aim", here refers to the goal
>>
>>44016347
>>44016371
Oh; you are right. Well-debated.
>>
>>44016397
For the record, I do very much see how it CAN be read the other way. I just don't think that's the only way it can be read, and it's not the way I read it until you argued that it had to be a single object and used that line as your justification.
>>
>>44016397
And thank you. I'm glad we were able to keep this well reasoned and rational.

I'm off to bed now. I should have gone to bed two hours ago. Have a good night, /pfg/.
>>
>>44016431
You're welcome! :3 Goodnight.
>>
>>44016444
Now to go mass produce gemstones for a necromantic army.
>>
File: 1430336330057.gif (4 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1430336330057.gif
4 MB, 300x225
>Vital Strike
What were they thinking?
>>
>>44016458
Well, it was intended to work with charge and spring attack originally. That makes it much better.
>>
>>44015508
>It was a FAQ, as I recall. Can't remember which spell it was exactly, so I can't find it.
I've been looking for almost two hours with no success. If it were an FAQ, I would expect to find it easily from googling "paizo orb FAQ." Unless I find something soon, I am inclined to believe that it is not official, and will not rule it that way in my games.
>>
>>44016458
What exactly is your issue with it?
>>
>>44016118
Anyone and everyone who had gold.

At first paladins attacked them for doing so openly.

So the smarter of the trio started to do it underground after faking the "death" of the company by having it's lair blown up.

Kingdoms will always want an edge over each other.

>>44016151
Basically the idea of creating monsters came from the constant attacks by it.

So the LE alchemist created something to try to keep it busy, found it can kill lv7s easily, and decided to sell it.
>>
>>44016457
If your DM gives you crap about it, ask to be a Wordcaster. They get a version of Animate Dead called Undeath with no material components, and it can be used at range.
>>
>>44016476
After the raftloads of errata its all but useless
>>
>>44016497
Go ask Crane Style how it feels.

Vital Strike at least has some use in edge cases. Crane Style's been hammered into the ground so hard it can barely see straight, and is only more complicated than when it started.
>>
File: bodies are ready.gif (2 MB, 320x179) Image search: [Google]
bodies are ready.gif
2 MB, 320x179
>>44016509
sorry, being able to parry one attack a turn means Generic Aspis Humanoid #27 wasn't able to hurt a dwarf monk one time in PFS. that's a paddlin'
>>
>>44016497
Oh. Then that's an easy question. "REEEEEEEEEE MARTIALS REEEEEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>44016518
what the hell is that picture from
>>
>>44016546
some E3 shit nintendo did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vPtElrye4
>>
>>44016546
Well that picture is a thumbnail of a .jif so I'd say it's from that .jif
>>
>>44016558
Aww, this is adorable.

Thanks, Anon, you've brightened my day.
>>
What's wrong with kineticists? I thought it looked pretty cool
>>
>>44016579
They are forced to take unhealable nonlethal damage to do less damage than a warrior can do with a bow. A literal fucking NPC class can outdo it without losing any HP to use its class features.
>>
File: no thank you.png (2 KB, 370x320) Image search: [Google]
no thank you.png
2 KB, 370x320
>>44016579
nothing is wrong with how it looks, everything is wrong with how it plays
>trash damage
>has to punch itself in the face constantly
>shitty utility
>shitty utility is further restrained by element choice
>shitty utility ALSO requires you to punch your own face
>mfw i could still just open complete arcane and play a warlock
>>
If I'm a conductive weapon vitalist and about to go into a dungeon filled with undead, is there anything I can do/buy to make steal health still be useful or am I stuck?

Is there anything a soulthief vitalist can do that's particularly effective against undead?
>>
>>44016602
Could Kineticist be easily fixed by increasing its damage output and giving it some more utility options?
>>
>>44016634
It'd help, but the problem is you take unhealable scaling damage. Even nonlethal forces you to risk knocking yourself out.
>>
>>44016634
well, yes, in the most general sort of way. 'damage' and 'utility' are pretty broad categories, so it's not really saying much.
>>
>>44016650
So is it just removing burn then?
>>
>>44015866
I am GMing Iron Gods, so yes.
>>
>>44016678
Or better built in class features to mitigate or eliminate burn as a major downside.
>>
File: tittymonsterwitch.jpg (614 KB, 850x1200) Image search: [Google]
tittymonsterwitch.jpg
614 KB, 850x1200
You would allow female PCs who are titty monsters in your games?
>>
>>44016678
>>44016634
Here's my GM's home rule:

Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
>Everything that adds burn decreases the pool.
>Gather Power/Supercharge lower the cost
>Infusion specialization/Composite specialization/Metakinesis master all lower cost
>Internal buffer is a pool that allows you to bypass your turn by turn spending limit
>Elemental Overflow kicks in when you spend points ie. spend 3 points at level 6 for the lowest form to spend 7 points to gain highest benefits

This completely removes the non-lethal issue and can keep Con mod as the stat for the pool's modifier. This also opens up easy ports to feats like Extra Ki to increase the Burn pool and eases the mechanical aspect of archetype design (rendering Monk, Unchained Monk, and Ninja as immediate options - but with a little tweaking could easily do a Swashbuckler/Samurai based on Kinetic Blade, a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets).
>>
File: halfelfwizard.png (589 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
halfelfwizard.png
589 KB, 850x1133
I am playing a kitsune bard (sound strike archetype) and I intend to multi-class at level 10.
Which class I should pick? Oracle (Spellscar mistery) or Mesmerist?
The AP is Rise of the Runelords.
>>
>>44016766
Yes. I'm the guy who asked about playing a character with 50+ pounds of tits a couple of weeks ago.
>>
>>44016766
Also, do you know who the artist is or have a source?
>>
>>44016813
What do you want out of multiclassing?
>>
>>44016854
I am aware that at high levels most of the enemies in Rise of the Runelords are giants and wizards.
The Spellscar mistery is build mainly to turn one immune to spellcaster and fuck them up and the Mesmerist is for basically make giants hit one the another instead of hitting my PC and her allies.
>>
>>44016817
I guess these are mainly spellcasters.
>>44016826
Sadly no Anon, I don't have a source for this art.I found it in a now ancient thread about character art.
>>
File: 1443491201450.jpg (562 KB, 1098x947) Image search: [Google]
1443491201450.jpg
562 KB, 1098x947
>>44016766
Send me an email if you ever have room in a titty-monster-friendly campaign!! I am somewhat shy about pitching to idea to GMs, even though I would roleplay her tastefully.

>>44016909
In case you care, if you reverse image search it, you will find a very slightly better resolution.
>>
File: 1449382901010.png (351 KB, 771x665) Image search: [Google]
1449382901010.png
351 KB, 771x665
What would you stat this?
>>
>>44016941
Better give me your skype address.
>>
Hi, /pfg/! My friend is playing a halfling Bard, and has expressed the desire to have an imp or goblin like creature as a pet or familiar. We've only just started, so he's level 1 and I'm fairly new to DMing, what would be the best way for him to achieve his goal?
>>
>>44016979
sabakunokage
>>
>>44017080
Congrats on having the weebest skype username I've seen in years, nerd
>>
>>44016967
> what would you stat this
that's an incomplete sentence dingus
>>
File: stackedarcanist.jpg (590 KB, 850x981) Image search: [Google]
stackedarcanist.jpg
590 KB, 850x981
>>44017080
Good, I am all ears for your pitch.
>>
>>44016967
>>44017135
Oh shit, I'm drunk
How would you stat this?
>>
File: 24766791.jpg (393 KB, 563x763) Image search: [Google]
24766791.jpg
393 KB, 563x763
>>44016766
Sure, as long as it wasn't something that they kept shoving into the game.

Your character has fat anime tiddy and has to spend some downtime every time she gets new clothes to get them tailored correctly? That's fine, roll with it.

Your character has fat anime tiddy and every action you describe her making includes a paragraph of text about how much she jiggles/how pert and perky she is/how she's totally lactating right now and that's something everyone needs to know? Fuck off, if you want to masturbate, do it somewhere else.
>>
File: 1443503384290.png (972 KB, 853x1249) Image search: [Google]
1443503384290.png
972 KB, 853x1249
>>44017150
I actually have to head out the door, but I'll be back in about an hour or we can just chat later. Hopefully you're on skype regularly.
>>
>>44017175
Cool, I only bring the "boobiness" as a comic relief or a breather after a gruesome scene, like those in The Skinsaw Murders or The Harrowstone Haunting.
>>
Agents of Evil leak when?
>>
>>44017215
Doesn't sound so bad as long as you're not deliberately trying to ruin the current mood of the game ('sure, the lich just murdered everyone and it's sad as hell, but let's talk about my boobies instead', or something along those lines). I'd be cool with it.
>>
Anyone know any way I could play Pathfinder solo?

Possibly even sandbox style?
>>
>>44017237
That would be retarded as Sam.
I do enjoy the aesthetics of huge fat anime breasts but that is no good reason to wreck a decent narrative. If the lich has murdered everyone, the PC will be as depressed as the rest of the remaining party and even suffer of survivors guilt, not talking about how her boobs jiggled when they all flee in panic from the Tomb of Anal Devastations.
>>
>>44017246
Use the random generation charts
>>
>>44017255
Found in what book?
>>
>>44017252
Then I would be happy to have you in my game, anon.

if I was running one
>>
>>44017072
As the DM you can just straight up fiat a pet in.
e.g. Your friend encounters an evil wizard who's been mistreating his pet imp for years. Once the wizard is defeated, the imp realizes that he cannot go back home due to the teleporting part of his brain being bashed in by one too many cane strike; decides to tag along your friend until he can be fixed the imp can go home at anytime but he fell in love with its saviour

I know of no purely mechanical means for a lv1 bard to get access to a pet though.
>>
>>44017072
There is a familiar feat it requires iron will and he will need improved familiar to get an imp
A goblin could be done with leadership or at a hireling
>>
>>44017590
If he is a Bard. It's probably better for him to get Familiar via Eldritch Heritage (Arcane). He should already have enough CHA and Skill Focus is good for whatever Versatile Performance you are going for.
>>
Can someone please post the dragon whose little heart gets stopped by cold?
That's adorable af
>>
Hello /tg/, i need an advice: i wanna play as a gunslinger for the next campaign, i poured a lot in the character background, but i dont wanna end up being a liability for my party. How should i build him to be somewhat effettive as a musket master?
>>
Can anyone help me build a Gnome Theologian Cleric? Obviously Pyromaniac Racial Traits and Fire Domain (Ash subdomain or maybe Arson?).

Feat Progression :

1) Spell Focus (Evocation)
3) Spell Specialize : Burning Hand and Switch to Fireball
5) Heighten Spell
7) Preferred Spell (Fireball)

Is this looking good so far?
>>
>>44017644
Why not play a Herald Caller and hurl out fire elementals sent from the god of fire?
>>
>>44017706
Fire Elemental suck as a summon monster.
>>
>>44017742
Blasting sucks too and cleric blasting just sounds stupid.
>>
File: 1226555566622.png (557 KB, 813x926) Image search: [Google]
1226555566622.png
557 KB, 813x926
>level 5 party
>give them Sun Orchid Elixir
>>
>>44017842
>Sun Orchid Elixir
Not that exciting.
>>
>>44014684
Shame it's not an obyrith. A being that as so cringy that it looked like you, personally, were the cringiest thing in existence would be amazing.
>>
>>44017856
It would be if they weren't in the middle of the wilderness where they can't sell it for exorbitant amounts of gold.
>>
File: 1448414640274.png (66 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1448414640274.png
66 KB, 640x628
If Deadly Agility and Guided are both on the table, is there any good reason at all for a weapon-using class withOUT heavy armor proficiency to go for Strength?

As opposed to dumping Strength to 7, buying Muleback Cords and a Corset of Resistance (Steelforge), maxing Dexterity or Wisdom, and using either Deadly Agility or Guided, that is.
>>
>>44017856
The item itself is pretty tame, but the in-universe demand and search for it can make it a solid plot hook.

Having Kerdak and the entire Chelish armada hunting your scrawny level 5 asses down would certainly be an adventure.
>>
>>44017903

Flavor, Power Attack (still does a bit more damage unless you're using Dragon Fury bullshit), combat manuevers.
>>
>>44017903
Maybe you have an ability that scales on strength?
Power attack costs 13 strength.

I honestly liked a lot of the "Str to natural armor" or "str to hp" things people have put in some homebrew and i think that brutal slayer stalker thing.
>>
>>44017903
"Because I want to" is my typical reason for doing anything related to attack/damage stats.
>>
>>44017778
Herald Caller doesn't even get Standard Action Summoning. Sacred Summon doesn't works on Elemental Either.

Theologian gets free intensify spell that doesn't increase Fireball level. Preferred Spell let me function as a normal non-blasting Cleric, since I can now spontaneously cast Fireball from any slot.
>>
>>44017496
>>44017590
>>44017602

Thanks guys. It's a fairly full group with 5 PCs, one of which has a cat familiar already, so I'm wary of too many familiars and hangers-on slowing down the gameplay a bit. Does anyone have any experience managing familiars and companions?

Also being a new DM, I find the enormous rule book and extended rules a little daunting. Is there any good advice or guides for new DMs to make sure we don't miss out essential rules. Or like a frequent mistake list or something.
>>
>>44017933
"I want attack and damage based on Intelligence."
>>
File: 1442149818340.jpg (87 KB, 493x750) Image search: [Google]
1442149818340.jpg
87 KB, 493x750
>>44014477
Yup.
>>
>>44017953
I think the Weapon Master Handbook has that for Elves. Also, Harbinger gives 1/2 INT to attack and INT to damage. It's additive though, not a replacement.
>>
/pfg/ how do I deal with a character having an existential crisis?

My half elven titty monster and her party were transported to an alternate dimension and somewhow took the place of alternate versions of themselves. My character realized everything she now knows about the world is wrong, she has no idea the condition of her family and she removed a version of herself from existence by traveling to this timeline. Not killed her so her soul can live peacefully in heaven, but, removed her from existence.

This was our first session after a hiatus so I don't want to make a new character as that would appear a bit rude, but I'm not certain how my half breed in shock could really deal without making sure the people important in her life are OK.
>>
>>44017970
Most people who find a goal tend to push themselves towards it.
Your character now actually has inspiration to be more than a murderhobo, so try not to fuck it up too bad.
>>
>>44017964
>I think the Weapon Master Handbook has that for Elves.

Not quite, at least not unconditionally.
>>
>>44017953
Harbinger/ Umbral blade gives you Int to attack and damage as an insight bonus and Int to damage and HP instead of the normal attribute.
>>
>>44017990
Harbinger is only 1/2 Int and doesn't fully replace, so you can't dump your "real" attack stat.
>>
>>44017970
Fulfill your life as your now non-existent alternate self would've wanted, which is probably what you would've wanted.
>>
>>44017987
Yeah, it's a style feat and you're limited to elven racial weapons or something I think. I don't have the Weapon Master's Handbook, so I'm not 100% sure but I remember seeing it screencapped here a few times.
>>
>>44017998
Did they change the 7th level advancement? In either case, Umbral blade makes any weapon finessable, so you have the options.
>>
>>44017953
The occult soulknife does it if you get Focused Offense.
>>
>>44018036

Yeah, that was changed way back with the harbinger PDF. They just forgot to update the table.
>>
>>44016766
A lot of people say some bullshit about realism and carry capacity, but a woman with huge breasts is no less well-adapted for adventuring than Mavaro, the fat Occultist iconic. The fat being on your boobs versus your gut doesn't make as big of a difference on human kinetics as the general public thinks. Running probably makes her nipples chafe more, and her balance is worse, but that's about it.
>>
>>44017903

Corset of Resistance?
>>
>>44018086
Body slot Cloak of Resistance.
>>
>>44014554
man WOTR was the most "my special snowflake" crap ever
>>
>>44017903
Intimidate builds.
>>
>>44018106
>special snowflake
Not seeing it.
>>
>>44016766

It'd honestly be a welcome change from the endless variations on "cute totally average boobs" you run across with female PCs.

I'd totally play in a campaign with titty monsters, as long as they aren't ridiculously huge and not the focus.
>>
>>44018114
I'm not sure if there will be a game, but if you add me on Skype like the other Anon did, I can keep you in the loop. >>44017080
>>
>>44018114
>Not wanting a massive breasted daevic of desire
>>
>>44018110
Desna's one of Paizo's pet favorite gods and shit like miss risen succubus here is one of the most painfully obvious inserts of that.

Then there's the double tranny lesbian wife couple thing (in and of itself transexuals in a setting aren't bad but it's so lamely and shittily written and so obviously there just because they're stacking trumblr brownie points onto the characters) and the list goes on. WOTR was pretty bad for a number of reasons.
>>
Nect time I get to play a game, I'd like to play a pure martial that can fake being a wizard. Like, I look like a old ass fuck wizard but I'm really a fighter dual-wielding or something like that. Since I'm faking being a wizard, I need to either fake spells or have items that cast spells for me. What do?
>>
>>44018162

There comes a point when it goes from desirable to medical curiosity, and I've got a feeling the boobs you're describing fall into the latter.

>>44018161

Sure, I'll add you on Skype when I get to my computer, my skype is a_zombie_goast.
>>
>>44018237
Medical curiosities are the best though!
>>
>>44018213

The Path of War mystic is better at being most fictional wizards than actual PF wizards are. Look at what they get:

>Competent and strong, but not the best fighting skills (3/4ths BAB, maneuvers)
>On-demand minor and combat magic, including but not limited to invisibility, short-ranged teleports, blasting of all elements, curses, mind-reading, flight, lasers, buffing of the self and others, super speed, and sword beams.
>The ability to craft magic items, including scrolls.

The scroll thing allows some amazing things, since it lets you fluff the crafting of a scroll as "ritual magic." You've got all these at-will 'spells' to use in combat, but /real/ power takes time and special ingredients. Spend a day or so preparing a magic circle or a cauldron of eyes of newt (that coincidentally cost the same amount as what you'd need to craft a spell), and then when you're done, the party teleports. Or you resurrect someone. Or make a bigass extradimensional mansion, or something.
>>
>>44016766
Oddly, the only one who seems to remark about cup size in my group is the girl. She's played a range, though.
>>
>>44014593 Here

Thanks to the help of my editor, I've fixed up what should be most of the readability issues (And managed to get the Futurist down to a single gender in ability descriptions)

Any remaining issues should be balance and I'm the worst person to spot them myself (As it IS my baby and I'll always think it's wonderful)
>>
How many feats and what feats you need to play the martial efficiently?
I play an Oracle of Life (I like it) but I want to take advantage of the medium BAB and D8 hd. I have 14 STR and 4 feats available (I don't really know what to take with my feat, I have a lot of buff/debuff spells so I don't need a lot of metamagics)
>>
>>44018027
It's only INT to damage. There is still no 1PP way to get INT to attack.
>>
>>44018350
Power Attack is really all you need. Just pick up a good Two-Handed Weapon (Even long spear work).
>>
>>44018330

Boobs are a very visible part of most bodies and often worth giving at least a passing mention, or more if their size plays into the character's personality.
>>
>>44018388

Er, remarks multiple times. Generally there's some indication of body type (when I play female characters, I tend towards average or small-ish boobs, because most of the character art I use has those sizes), but it's not something that ever really comes up.
>>
>>44018373
The two handed weapon is worth the loss of AC of the shield?
Wanted to take a prof feat for the Scimitar, because I worship Sarenrae so it was nice fluff, and the 18-20 seems nice especially with improved critical. But I'm not gonna attack that much, it's never gonna be every round so I don't know if going crit fisherman is good
>>
>>44018400
Shields are bad and past like level 5ish AC doesn't matter nearly as much as saves.
>>
>>44018399

What kind of remarks are we talking here? Tone is always important for these things.

Like, I've had a female DM comment multiple times how the barmaid's cleavage was nubile and generous, or how they aided her wide hips, and yet it never came across as fetish creepy shit.
>>
>>44018202
I'm still not seeing what's wrong with Arueshalae. She seems like your standard risen demon story.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.