[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #602: Dualcasting Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Jumpchain CYOA Collection.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>IRC
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>Last Thread
>>43874486
>>
>>43896389
There's Conjoined Conjuring (Card Captor Sakura) and Dual Casting from Skyrim. What other dualcasting perks are there?
>>
>>43895857

Genesis, I even Designed a von Neumann machine that would cast it nonstop Alternating In the universe it's in And the universe the spell makes.
>>
Jumpers, what is the most inane use of incredible power you've managed?
>>
>>43896418
Final Fantasy 9:
>Doublecasting: Mass producing Black Mages gives any army a convenient advantage in terms of expendable magic resources – but if each mage can only cast one spell at a time, eventually one does have to consider: “Does this extra Black Mage cost so much more that we can’t afford it – even if it means an extra spell?” But what if a Black Mage could cast an equivalent of two spells each? Would that not instantly double an army’s firepower? After working out some bugs, some of the later Black Mage models were able to consistently fire off doppelgangers of spells they cast. You too, will be able to do the same thing. The doppelganger still costs a small portion of energy and has a somewhat weakened effect, but the second spell will fire off nearly instantly without consideration for cooldown.
>>
>>43896418
FF14 has Radiance for White Mages

>>43896529
Based on your track record I'm assuming it runs on faulty premises and wildly optimistic misinterpretations, but I guess that's par the course for you.
>>
>>43896580
I use death's Invisibility Cloak to pants world leaders on live TV
>>
Has anyone ever companioned a female gyarados, taken them to some form of japan and given them the human form of a delinquent girl with tanned skin to make a Gyarudos?
>>
>>43896580
I have a water fountain that dispenses Château d’Yquem1787 because fuck Scarcity.
>>43896641
P.E.G Power plant miniaturized with Worm miniaturization And efficiency,universal adapter from storm Hawks,Manadrive With major creation to build the parts For the next one,A Chunk of Burstone For the battery, and Cast Genesis.
>>
How do I make something memory-proof? I've considered an auto-cast mechanism for Obliviate, but that is source dependent, so copies wouldn't be affected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_UU_qWLvm4
>>
>>43896866
I never thought you can get worse from Mars. Boy was I wrong.
>>
>>43897101
Elaborate please, this sounds like it would work to me, what am I missing?
>>
>>43897170
To start with: Did you actually read the Genesis spell description? Notably, the part where the plane only grows 1' per day (and that's a hard part of the spell, no amount of power changes it) and you can't cast it again on the same place until it's hit its maximum?
>>
>>43896580
I liked it, a thread a two ago, when we figured out that PtV was cosmic Siri.
>>
>>43897058
Anartist From SCP should help with that, there is Canon precedence for"self keeping secrets"
>>43897306
You do know that timers are a thing, should I have mentioned the "Modern videogame" level AI?
>>
>>43897367
Not him, but I don't understand what timers and whatever that second thing you're talking about have to do with affecting the growth rate of a spell.

>>43896580
Using pyreshards to create uneracable graffiti
>>
>>43897306

Wow, that's kinds shitty. You total at a demiplane less than a mile in radius at the end of a ten-year jump if you are casting it every time you can. And you've wasted 19 weeks casting the spell if you haven't found a way to automate.

...why does this exist again?
>>
>>43896580
FISS level 5 removes the need for footwear. I abuse the shit out of that.
>>
Speaking of combos, what are some of your favorites, /jc/?

I imported Z-Saber and all of the busters to make a lightsaber/blaster combo that is easily concealable yet destructive in RWBY.

My other combo is combining the Fallout Pipboy 3000 with the Engineer PDAs so I can plop down some turrets whenever I need something shot dead.
>>
File: image.jpg (286 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
286 KB, 675x380
>MFW WoW talk

You can be a Gnome Hunter, just when I wrote the Jump they couldn't so they just didn't get discount for it.

Neutral factions aren't the big players. However nothing in the Jump says you stay in a faction. There's plenty of factions you can join up. Just you start in Alliance or Horde, you're not bound to it like WoW players.

As for the Nanobots and taming Machines. That's pretty interesting. When Legion hit I'll add in more stuff like faction halls, add more abilities and etc.

Including everyone's favorite class Demon Hunters!
>>
>>43897515
Because it's a spell from one of the D&D jumps.
>>
>>43897515
It's sold in the wizard equivalent to Skymall. Nobody really owns it or uses it, but everyone has heard of it.
>>
>>43897546
>Including everyone's favorite class Demon Hunters!

All I hear are "Illidan wannabes that are on-par with the cast of Bleach in terms of edginess."
>>
>>43897515
Because in D&D where Genesis is from, it's an Epic Tier spell that's basically meant as a form of bragging rights more so than anything.
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Genesis

It's an instance of things that work perfectly fine in setting, but collapse when it's used beyond its intended setting.
>>
>>43897561
Right. I'm asking why a player in 3.5 would even use it. Pretty sure finding an untended demiplane is easier than this shit, unless you've got an awful DM. 5000 XP and a weeklong casting time that takes half a year to ? This stops campaigns dead for little purpose.
>>
>>43897587
Nuanced storytelling is not exactly Blizzard's schtick.
>>
>>43897587
...man, now that I think about it Illidan himself was kind of edgy, but in the good kind of way because Malfurion was a smug little shit who deserved to be knocked down a peg or three.

Pity his plotline in Frozen Throne was to job for Arthas, and as far as I know it's been steadily downhill for him since then due to a combination of failure and fel addiction driving him gaga
>>
>>43897619
Probably useful for epic-length campaigns (like, ones that take numerous years in-setting).

Beyond that I kind have no idea beyond bragging rights / tax evasion purposes.
>>
>>43897515
And some people abuse the wording to claim they can set it's time to some advantageous and outrageous ratio compared to outside time, e.g. make time flow super-fast inside so you can go in to refresh your spells seemingly instantly or create the perfect magic items for the job right then.
>>
>>43897546
Are you going to finally remove that expansion lock roll thing you have, or are we going to have to roll an even bigger dice in order to determine what content gets locked out?
>>
>>43896418
It's not a perk, but Triple Threat from Castlevania lets you triplecast.
>>
>>43897696
It took the mis-communicated threat of a rewrite to get FIst to drop the weapon limitations (you couldn't wield a weapon outside of your class).
>>
>>43897058
I'm thinking long-term,1. these devices Are Going to be field-tested in slice of life which you can return to periodically. 2. Ms. producer willing I'm going to eventually spark,Time is going to start up in these universes again and This is going to come in to play. 4. It's a capital G Feat and I want to rack up as many of those as I can.
>>
>>43897769
Why are you dredging up old, resolved drama?
>>
I need to be a Witch Hunter. Warhammer Fantasy jump didn't have shit for me. What are the best perks and items to be a heresy stomping machine? The hat is mandatory, no matter how it's done.
>>
Whoops >>43897800 Was meant for
>>43897367
And
>>43897515
>>
>>43897809
Just sayin'. It took that to get him to drop the weapon restrictions, do you THINK he'll drop the region-lock without something equally absurd?
>>
>>43897545
Warehouse Pods + NGNL Summoning.

rather than add only 6 people to my team with the pods, I can swap people in an out of them by summoning them to me, and podding them for as long as I need to keep them around.
>>
>>43897800
>Capital G feat
...no, it's not. Not even close. It's Genesis set on autocast and that's it. Any Epic Wizard in DnD could figure out a way to do it or likely far better.
>>
>>43897840
I think that dredging up old drama doesn't help things. I think that if I someone wanted something from one of my jumps changed, I'd be less inclined to listen if they used passive-aggressive tactics.

I think we need to move on.
>>
>>43897840
I think we can agree that World of Warcraft is going to pump out more and more expansions as time passes with more classes and features, I just want to know if this is going to up end being reflected as a CP tax like how Fist has chosen to do it now (If you get unlucky with a roll you'll have to pay in order to access the content). Since he's here he might as well answer it.
>>
>>43897868
But Summoning only let's them last for 5 minutes anon, podding won't change that. At best it'd count as a death and you'd only get them around for 5 minutes each week.
>>
>>43897816
Erm...the Witcher jump, maybe? One background alone'll get you what you need

>>43897800
>it's a capital G feat

But...it's not? You're just bootstrapping things onto a thing epic level casters can do as a party trick.
>>
>>43897816
Like >>43897908 said, the Witcher jump is a good base. Couple that with any intrigue-tree from one of the many jumps that have it and you should be good to go. Though you could also likely use Supernatural's Hunters as a base, too.

Just depends on what you see as necessary for your Witch Hunter build.
>>
>>43897696
WOTLK is 3-4. So with Legion.

Vanilla -1
TBC -2
WOTLK -3
CATA -4
MOP -5
WOD -6
Legion -7
Free Choice -8

If you don't want to roll just fub it.
>>
>>43897961
You're missing the point, he's asking if content will be locked behind a CP wall if we roll the 'incorrect' time period.
>>
>>43897961
So is Demon Hunter background going to be locked to only if you manage to roll a 7/CP cost? Same thing with any new items inside/features inside the Legion expansion?
>>
>>43897545
Real Eater + puppeteer from prototype= change individual into symbiont and now you can bestow one tenth of your abilities on to anyone you choose for the price of some biomass.

>>43897908
Many holy books in real life disagree,I don't care if epic level D&D casters can do it,D&D gods are just a little bit more than Epic casters anyway. that's not where I'm benchmarking from.
>>
File: laughing goku.gif (594 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
laughing goku.gif
594 KB, 200x200
>>43897545
>favorite combos

Well, at the moment?

>Temple of Thought from Binbougami (to smooth out the process over (a LONG) time)
>Burning Bright, Known Survivor, and Never Enough, also from Binbougami (FORTUNE ENERGY)
>Pokemon Aura (caps at adult Lucario-tier, so Force Palm is a thing)
>Jam Semblance from RWBY (simply used at the same time rather than merged with anything)
>Thousand Cuts, Paralyzing Palm, and Spirit Thief from Jade Empire (ORAORAORA, paralysis, and sapping your opponent's will to fight respectively)
>Speed, Martial Arts, and Body Mastery from City of Heroes (also applies to speed of melee attacks apparently)
>Bottomless Stomach and Protein Mastery from Cho Aniki (more energy)
>Ki Accumulation, Buddha's Palm, and possibly Deja Fu from Wuxia (more ki/chi, and possibly use Deja Fu in tandem with everything)
>Chi Mastery and Chi Manipulation from A:TLA and A:LoK (gotta block ya chakras)
>Ultra Combo, C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! and COUNTER BREAKER! from Killer Instinct (for combos, obviously)
>Screwball from Dodgeball (for unpreditability's sake)
>Kinetic Recharge from Bloody Roar (to regain energy while I hit)
>Weretiger Monk in Forgotten Realms (ki pool, Flurry of Blows, and Pounce)
>a few strength/durability/luck perks here and there

Gif related, DBZ would STILL laugh at it with the intensity of a thousand burning suns.
>>
>>43898074
Your prototype abilities idiot, not all of your powers.
>>
>>43898195
Really? it doesn't specify that,It just says all your Powers

>>You can now create infected individuals one-half the size of thebiomass consumed. You need around a day of concentration in order to create them;after this, you must rest for around a week to regain strength. These get all of your powers, but at 1/10th the strength. They are completely loyal, almost non-sentient. These cannot travel with you on your future jumps.
>>
I took E-Gadd in Super Mario and looked up his inventions to see what stuff I could build. That guy has built practically everything! Is it safe to say that a Jumper who enjoys science fiction could do well as a traveling inventor? Specifically one who shows up to point out how silly Bowser is being. Occasionally I'll give Mario free gear.
>>
>>43898074
>Many holy books in real life disagree
I get the feeling you've never read them. Because you'd be wrong. I anticipate you're going to use judo-christian books here (because if you try and use Celestial Bureaucracy, Hindu, or other pantheistic religions in reference to the acts of an omnipotent God I'm going to laugh extra hard at you) in the most vague way possible and I'm going to cut you off at the pass. God created Creation but it is never stated he is the only one capable of such feats. It is very plausible that any being with free will and sufficient power is capable of smaller acts of creation, such as the strength of any of the archangels.
>>
>>43897545
Well if >>43898195 Is right it's holy empowerment from Helsing+ Shoggoth +This is in fact my final form+Prototype+ dog talisman+ heart of Steve+EX Rank Luck+This is in fact my final form+Demon weapon form+ ominous hammer+ enchanted weapon from samurai Jack. Absorb the dog talisman into the deepest part of you, Enhance Your demon Weapon form with the enchanted weapon With the ominous hammer And now you can't die from anything other than conceptual BS,Which you have a fair amount of resistance to.
>>
>>43897360
Path, what time is it in China? Here is a route to conquer China in ten years.
>>
File: stop-just-stop.jpg (30 KB, 418x425) Image search: [Google]
stop-just-stop.jpg
30 KB, 418x425
>>43898254
Ask yourself if a 200 CP perk should give someone all of your powers at 1/10 strength. Keep in mind all of the power giving thing such Black Bullet where it's only one power for 600 CP, Wakfu race things give them it at 1/1000 for taking the time to collect all 6 Dofuses.

And please don't post the answer because honestly it feels like you're trying to start a shitstorm right now.
>>
>>43898381
... Don't you have EX rank Collector? I could have sworn I saw you mentioning you had it.
>>
File: 20130114.gif (338 KB, 612x3180) Image search: [Google]
20130114.gif
338 KB, 612x3180
>>43897666
Recreating SMBC?
>>
>>43898347
Absolutely. With all the science perks you coul dpotentially take, the real problem is avoiding pointed questions from the government about how and why you're building what you are.

>>43898074
Wrong, and wrong. Most holy books have things baout their gods being people you aren't supposed to be able of ever matching, and comparing an epic level caster to Pelor or Bane is absurd.

>>43898254
Also nobody can stop you from abusing poorly worded or unclear perks, but don't expect anyone to be impressed with you. I'd have thought you'd learned to keep your head down after trying to pull that multiplayer bullshit with ASA, then blatently making shit up and getting called out for it.

For someone who demands public apologies you sure have a shameless track record of never acknowledging your own mistakes
>>
File: image.gif (845 KB, 454x307) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
845 KB, 454x307
>>43898010
Classes aren't locked. Only races are. As most the classes have had practitioners in all eras. Illidari as the Demon Hunters are known as, have been training before TBC. The ones you play in Legion were trained by Illidains best men who he sent on a suicide mission to Demon Prison Planet.

New items you can get rather eaisly by the hard way. Or you can buy you legendary weapon for 500cp, you can buy tier sets, you can buy a lot of stuff using CP. just if you want it for free you have to go and be there.
>>
>>43898381
>Enhance Your demon Weapon form with the enchanted weapon With the ominous hammer

If the weapon is indestructible wouldn't it be impossible to reforge into other weapons?

Also, you forgot psychic/psionic attacks.
>>
>>43897904
Summoning doesn't disintegrate them when the 5 minutes is up (Plus it indicates that you can increase this time with practice/power), it sends them back from where they came.

If you Summon them, then pod them, the summoning spell fizzles out and you're no longer expending energy to hold them there. Instead, the pod is holding them there.
>>
>>43898381
Yeah and I'm not as resistant to conceptual BS, but I did do the rest of that. My luck is only A rank

>>43898420
Well there is the fact that It's an add-on to A perk that is functionally 600 for 800 total,Yes that seems overblown But it is an earlier jump And A lot of it seems poorly done, like I did it levels of poorly done. >>43898468
If I'm wrong I'm wrong and I'm sorry I suggested this and misinterpreted it.
>>43898508
The ominous hammer is conceptual BS, you're not actually reforging anything . Also this is the physical half,The mental half is light of Eden from Evo,And helmet of Xorn+ mind from Marvel, which I only have half of.
>>
>>43898488
Alright, so that's cleared up. I can accept that Races are locked out, that call is up to you. Are Death Knights considered a Race or a Class? Because you have this line
>Certain races are only available at a certain timeline, indicated by the (expansion).

and then Death Knight has
>(WOLTK)
after it.
>>
>>43898468
I did license the patents to some inventions that weren't crazy to get a constant income in the Robocop Jump, and by that time I'd been a lawyer for ten years in Ace Attorney. When I was selling it any questions would be met with a complex technical and legal explanation, and after that it was the patent holder's problem. Crooked investment bankers are good at keeping secrets and avoiding the government. Too bad I was working against criminal elements the whole Jump or it could have stayed that way.
>>
File: tumblr_lolfo60HXC1qzqx3bo1_400.png (131 KB, 394x374) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lolfo60HXC1qzqx3bo1_400.png
131 KB, 394x374
>>43896861
oh god, it's a thing!
>>
>>43898669
...You worry me, Japan.
>>
>>43898623
Just ignore the WOTLK beside DK. There's a lot of shit that I forgot when I updated one version to another. I still find a lot of spells that have pretty long cooldown when I revamped the CDs to be more like their counterpart in game.
>>
>>43898570
Yes bancho, you are in fact wrong for trying to goad someone into multiplayer in a single player game and then making up blatent lies when they refused to take your bait.

>>43898637
Playing the black market is a great way to fight crime if you have the skill to pull it off, since it puts you in a position to know who you can snitch out safely.

>>43898623
Goodness, is that really ambiguous in the jump? I thought Death Knights were made a class in one of the expansions
>>
>>43898730
Many clarified it here >>43898710
It was just with the jump as it was currently there were some of those formatting points that I had no clue about when I was trying to make a build. I'll wait until an update before jumping it again.
>>
Name: Diamond
Origin: Wanderer (Free)

-Perks-
Dark Commentary (Free)
Route A to Route B (-150CP)
According to My Records (-300CP)

-Items-
Apostle (-200CP)
Armour (-100CP)
Magic Weapon (-200CP)
Airship (-300CP)

-Companions-
(-300CP)
Rayquaza (Atmos)
Origin: Priest
Magician
Grand Wheel

Groudon: (Magma)
Origin: Knight
Intimidating Manner
Grand Wheel

Kyogre (Aqua)
Origin: Priest
Purge the Heathens
Magician

-Drawbacks-
Sick and Twisted (+100CP)
Clunky Controls (+200CP)
Trolled by Cavia (+300CP)

This jump was fun! Well, the later parts were anyway. After finding myself on the the airship I purchased, i headed towards a large camp that could be seen on the horizon.

Ignoring the rather idiotic looking guards, i opened its gates in the most subtle manner i knew: Concentrated Lightning Strike!

Cont.
>>
>>43898822
>Most subtle way to open gates
>Concentrated Lightning Strike!

Well, I'd hate to see what you do when you are being obvious.

Yes I get it's a joke, I just want to know what you'd do if you were actively attacking.
>>
>>43897816
Empty Night from Dresden files will prevent Witches from Witching you
>>
>>43898822
...How in the nine hells did you get the weather trio?
>>
>>43898730
That was my entire Robocop Jump. I looked like I was Saul Goodman fighting OCP, and the entire time I was establishing precedents under gag orders that forced them to act like a police force. It helped that I had criminals to funnel me evidence. The entire OCP board fumbled the ball, and I was there to pick it up. Technically I was fighting OCP, and I tore their profit over safety mission to shreds over ten years with the best legal team hundreds of millions of dollars in gold coins could buy. Then I bought the company and appointed Murphy the CEO. Crime in Detroit is fucked.
>>
Does learning Ki martial arts in Wuxia give you a head start in learning Ki stuff in Dragonball or are they entirely different systems?
>>
File: Raigou.jpg (33 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
Raigou.jpg
33 KB, 500x376
>>43898893
Say hello to my punch to the face!

>>43898975
Masterballs.
>>
>>43898985
Intended to be entirely different systems.

Could just say nuts to it, though.
>>
>>43898986
Did you Roll For that? because that's the kind of stuff people roll for.
>>
>>43899086
Wat do you mean?
>>
>>43899086
Rolling is not a required mechanic.
>>
>>43899106
It's something some people do where they roll dice. It's not part of the actual jumpchain system.
>>
>>43897545
All-Seeing Eye from the Mushoku Tensei wip jump (lets you see through things and "scour the world in moments") and Teleportation from Samurai Jack (lets you teleport anywhere you can see), maybe along with some perks that give you crazy amounts of mana to help offset the extreme MP costs of the eye.

Find where interesting things are, and go there.
>>
>>43899107
I'm not saying,It's a required mechanic I'm saying it's poor form to just snag the weather trio.
>>
>>43898985
A lot of principles and general mechanics would probably carry over from one system to another, considering neither goes into depth beyond 'train hard and flood your body with Ki'. Even if you'd still need to actually learn shit, it should give you a boost due to general experience with something similar.
>>
File: WH2.jpg (180 KB, 596x1234) Image search: [Google]
WH2.jpg
180 KB, 596x1234
>>43898945
>>43897908
>>43897945

Thanks for the suggestions. I also have a question regarding A Friend of X in the Stalker jump. From what I've gathered from playing the games, Duty very much believes that the mutants produced by the Zone are to be purged like the monsters they appear as, and sees the Zone as a sort of corruption or darkness that should be expelled. I know that A Friend of X regarding Duty was meant more for more military-like organizations, but would it be too far of a stretch to say that it would have an effect on groups like the Witch Hunters and those like them, given Duty's ideology?
>>
>>43899152
He's got masterballs. There's no rolling required anyways in someone's imagination game you shitstirring cuntwaffle.
>>
>>43899152
>Stop having fun the wrong way!
>>
>>43899187
Jesus at least come down on me in proportion to the amount I'm coming down on Yakuzanon
>>
>>43899131
Oh, i know that rolling is a ting that is done by some people, but i was wondering what he was asking that i rolled for.

>>43899152
You act like i just went out and bonked one of them on the head with it. It was a long process tat took four years, years filled with battles against Cipher mind you, to find them, well, except for Rayquaza, and then i had to battle them!
>>
>>43899152
I can see where you're coming from, and sincerely doubt Yakuzanon would succeed in getting more than one even with master balls, but seeing this come from you is hilarious.
>>
>>43899187
While that's true (and I dislike even tangentially agreeing with Tera), it is seen as a bit of a stretch to just assume you can get even one legendary, let alone three. He explained how he got Rayquaza a thread or two ago, but I wonder if he was waiting at the tower for the years he'd need to be there to actually succeed how he managed to also get the other two....

Best bet would be to say "The plot from the Hoenn games happened, I showed up and had a Psychic Pokemon hit them with Masterball's at the same time.
>>
File: 1422060982902.jpg (47 KB, 340x259) Image search: [Google]
1422060982902.jpg
47 KB, 340x259
>>43899145
>crazy amounts of mana to help offset the extreme MP costs of the eye.
I... I just realized All-Seeing Eye would allow for good non-destructive mana training at higher levels.
>>
>>43899303
Proportionate to what? Needlessly interjecting your worthless bullshit in hopes of starting some shit flinging that's not at you for once? Nah, you can go to hell.
>>
>>43899303
Nah. He's asking questions and doing so in a more or less civil manner. You're being cunty, again.
>>
>>43899344
It's how I did it. Also let's you keep an eye out (so to speak) for the big events that are happening in whatever jump you're in.
>>
>>43897537
FISS?

What?
>>
>>43899456
Perk from PS238 which is basically the standard Flying Brick set of powers for superheroes. Super strong, durable, fast, and can fly.
>>
>>43897868
Where is NGNL summoning from?
>>
>>43899543
NGNL retard.
>>
>>43899543
NGNL
>>
>>43899543
No Game No Life.
>>
>>43899543
NGNL is the name of the series. No Game No Life.
>>
>>43899543
No Game No Life, NGNL
>>
File: 1444245444586.gif (960 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1444245444586.gif
960 KB, 245x245
>>43899543
really
>>
File: 1434471592909.png (138 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1434471592909.png
138 KB, 375x375
>>43899543
NGNL
apply yourself.
>>
>>43899543
You should go watch NGNL. It's a neat series.
>>
>>43899553
>>43899557
>>43899571
>>43899580
>>43899629
>>43899665

In my defense, I forgot that NGNL stands for No Game No Life.

As a side note, when will we have I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream gauntlet?
>>
>>43899694
When you make it.
>>
>>43897868
That... is the most glorious method of managing to keep travelling with certain people, but requiring you to set the people up before end of jump so you can import the podded people.
>>
>>43899694
When I feel like fucking suffering on that level.

never
>>
>NGNL Summoning
So, waitaminute, could you use NGNL summoning to summon someone into DxD and then give that person an evil piece in order to make them a companion? The writeup on the EP states that the person has to be in that universe with you, and NGNL summoning lets you bring people from other universes, ie previous jumps, to the one you're currently in.

Does that work or do I not have the whole picture?
>>
>>43898822
I Ignored the dozen or so weapons pointed at me and shouted "I wish to Join the Union!"

Turns out that this was the King's camp, and he was quite amused by my entrance, or rather the fact that it killed three people and seriously injured seven more.

During the next few months, we became the best of friends. He showed me new and exciting ways to kill people. and I showed him the effects lightning has on people, and earned his respect by being quite possible the only competent person in his army.

Cont.
>>
>>43899852
I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work.
>>
>>43899902
The King of Caerleon is dead, are you perhaps mixing him up with the prince, Caim?
>>
Now, good Jumpers, here is how to super easily get that AntiSpiral look that Antispiral Anon uses.

Go into Kids Next Door jump.

Get the Silhouette Perk.

Done. You also have flames.
>>
>>43899852
Yeah, that should work. I wanted to call bullshit at first, but after reading through both perks and the notes I don't see why that wouldn't be legit.
>>
>>43899954
Nobody can get Caim mixed up.

Caim murders them all.
>>
>>43899694
>I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Thread #602: Wherein we add more stops on our journey post-spark to fuck everyone's shit up.
>>
>>43899954
Correct, the King is dead. Caim was his heir. Caim is now the king, correct?
>>
>>43900028
Nope, still called the prince in game. Guess no one had time for a coronation. Either that or Caim is still too young.
>>
>>43900041
According to the wiki, Caim was twenty-four when Drakengard happened.
>>
>>43900074
Guess he was just too busy murdering to be king, then. Assuming those responsibilities means he wouldn't have the freedom to go off and randomly slaughter an entire regiment whenever he got restless.
>>
>>43899852
Well, they do have to die, to be made an Evil Piece Companion. The way the evil pieces work, you have to resurrect them with the piece.

I imagine you could hold the corpse & soul there with the same summoning power, though I'd want to ghostbust them just to be sure it didn't get sent home before I EP'd them.

I doubt everyone's going to be cool with "die for me and you can go on adventures!"
>>
>>43900111
True.
>>
>>43899852
So that's essentially equivalent of permament +15 companions?

Can you take away the piece or its power to stop someone from being your companion and re-use that piece on someone else or not really?

If yes, perfect. If not, then the NGNL + pods combo is more versatile
>>
>>43900025
If you want to see that in reverse, there's a SOMA gauntlet. Same premise of people not being allowed to die after civilization is wiped out. LOVE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO LOVE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD LOVE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE LOVE I FEEL FOR HUMANITY AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. LOVE. LOVE.
>>
>>43900074
Caim doesn't have a kingdom. It was destroyed by the empire, hence why he is referred to as a former prince. As of D1 he's basically just hanging with the Union and trying t protect his sister Furiae. At best I'd say he was some sort of commander in the Union, at worst he's the JRPG hero attached to the army that gets sent of to murder things albeit much more willingly then those types usually do.
>>
>>43900159
Pieces are a one-time deal, far as I'm aware.
>>
File: maybe even some crumbs.jpg (89 KB, 600x411) Image search: [Google]
maybe even some crumbs.jpg
89 KB, 600x411
Jumpers, what do you do with all your money?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkox8x1LxQ4
>>
>>43900159
No, you might be able to revoke the piece and be rid of them, but there's no reassigning it. And Evil Pieces can't be used to make companions outside of DxD.
>>
>>43900183
Other than the Pieces, is there anything that is SUPER DESIRABLE from DxD jump? I mean, you can kinda get similar stuff from Devil May Cry, Bayonetta or Darksiders jumps... no? Am I wrong? I didn't watch DxD so...

Also, if you give the piece to someone in another jump, do the CP they get can be used for perk choices of THAT jump or only DxD jump? When do Pawns get promoted if you use the Pawn pieces after DxD jump?
>>
>>43900223
I save it. Nothing to it, really. I'm just a very frugal person.
>>
>>43900159
You can use NGNL summoning to bring a person into the DxD world and make them a companion, but once the piece is set, it can't be revoked. If you take away that piece, the likelihood is that the individual will disintegrate due to the piece's magic not being supported by the world outside of DxD.

It still doesn't surpass the 8 + pod limitation, so I'm not sure how you'd be able to get a permanent +15 unless you're using 7 pods, but that would be a permanent 15 companions regardless. The DxD jump notes say that for the purpose of the jump your companion limit is lifted, the only reason why you have 15 there in the first place. It doesn't seem likely that DxD jumpmaker's ruler applies to other jumps in the chain.
>>
>>43900174
Poor WAU. All it wanted to do was help. It was even starting to figure out what it was doing wrong, towards the end there. Maybe if it had just gotten to that stage faster, all that nightmare could have been avoided.
>>
File: 1446245594314.png (216 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446245594314.png
216 KB, 500x500
>>43900223
>>
>>43900234
>>43900241

Awww, Man. You can't use the pieces outside of DxD?

Then let's hope DxD is a late jump for those who roll for them
>>
File: Joker-billionaire-burning-money.jpg (268 KB, 1920x817) Image search: [Google]
Joker-billionaire-burning-money.jpg
268 KB, 1920x817
>>43900223
>>
>>43900241
DxD has a lot of waifu's, if you're into that kind of thing. You might be able to steal some artifacts, like the various Excaliburs, which are quite nice and varied, and depending on if you're willing to be an absolute dick, you could maybe take away some Sacred Gears with some perks. Not sure which one's would let you do that though.
>>
>>43900252
By +15 companions I'm not saying +15 active companions. I'm saying +15 companions to CHOOSE from for the 8 active companions in other jumps.

Like a roster of fighting game characters
>>
>>43900241
This is assuming you're using the piece in DxD jump where the magic is valid, but in that case, you can only use it for DxD perks. Presumably, they'll never get promoted, since the promotion is a one time deal at the departure point of DxD
>>
>>43900125
Do they have to die? I don't remember that in the perk write up.
>>
>>43900305
I think he means in terms of options to buy with CP, not things to do there. It's a bit bare when it comes to attractive purchases.
>>
>>43900175
Oh, hi Val. I had a question about... I'm sure you can guess.

With something like Geneforge and Item Creation EX could you make an NP beast summon sort of thing? I want to make something along the lines of Riders Pegasus summon.

Maybe just an NP item that makes a monster?
>>
>>43900260
That's why you return Post-Spark to give it a hug! Not literally, unless you want to be absorbed into a utopian dream. Or you take You are Smart and Measuring the Marigolds to recode the poisoned structure gel into a virus that redefines the WAU's concept of humanity.
>>
>>43900347
Ah, in that case I don't know. I haven't jumped it yet, you see, and I can't really be asked to do it at the moment.
>>
>>43900175
This thing i'm looking calls him a "landless prince".
>>
>>43896580
The closest examples I've got are either turning into a bird and flying around, or using supernatural abilities to do cool tricks for children.

I thought about it for awhile, and I realized I don't do a lot of inane things with my powers. This doesn't mean I don't do mundane things, I just think I'm not using my power to do them. I don't really have an explanation for it, maybe I just like the mundane?
>>
>>43900339
The fundamental logic in DxD is that you die and a piece is assigned to you. If you read through the backgrounds, each one of them indicates that. You could argue that you're a special exception for some reason and you don't have to die, but that won't explain why canon characters have to die in order for you to use a piece on them, which they do.

>>43900309
There are...alternative options to bringing in extra companions from out of stasis into an "inert" state, most notably a ship that allows you to carry as many companions as you wish, but I dunno what kind of ruling you would want to play with that.
>>
>>43900386
That sounds like a polite way of saying Prince of Nothing.
>>
>>43900350
You can have Noble Phantasms that are monsters yes, there's a few instances of such in canon and instances of there being item NPs that then summon a monster.

As for Item Creation, it's meant to just be creating objects such as Excalibur or Gae Bolg. It's not really going to enhance any ability to create living monsters. You could create Bellerophon (The reins, not the pegasus) or something like it though and then put it on some pet or monster you've made with the geneforge though. That should pretty much do what you're aiming at.

>>43900386
Yes, because he has no kingdom. A prince without any lands. A landless prince. Can't get much simpler.
>>
>>43900429
'Extremely Frugal Nobility'
'Land-Impaired Prince'
'Excessively Delegated'
'On Vacation'
>>
>>43900461
That'll do. Thanks.
>>
>>43900412
I thought that said ship, if we are thinking of the same ship, has limit that the people in it can't leave the ship and it can't be expanded in size in any way... Unless I am wrong?

Can you summon people with NGNL summoning onto said ship and they will remain there?

Will it work when you desynchronize podded people? As in, the desynchronized companions remain on the ship?
>>
>>43900241
>not getting the Sig Rifle

Do you even Gun?
>>
>>43900565
>Summons will remain
No, unless they're companions.

>Desynchronised
No, because they are no longer companions.
>>
>>43899902
Well, i say that, but there were my companions. Atmos was serving as Furiae's bodyguard and priest, he once froze a guy wit a blast from his staff.

There was also Magma. He served as te Princes second in command and generally beat the shit out of disobedient trainees.

Aqua was the head mage attached to the camp. she trained the other mages on how to be good at zapping the other guy.

Cont.
>>
>>43900572
I dont know how DxD works
>>
File: sig 716 dmr variant.jpg (43 KB, 800x410) Image search: [Google]
sig 716 dmr variant.jpg
43 KB, 800x410
>>43900572
>sig rifle
I don't know what you're talking about but I do have a soft spot in my heart for sigs.
>>
>>43900603
And due to ship rules, those on ship can't be imported or such. So other than hanging out... yeah, you're better off with NGNL and pods

What about expanding its size, pocket dimensions or making it bigger on inside and such? Would that work?
>>
File: Atmos.png (1 MB, 1600x1529) Image search: [Google]
Atmos.png
1 MB, 1600x1529
>>43900608
Fuck. forgot the pic.
>>
>>43900565
If you're going to go by the logic that NGNL can cross multiverse barriers to drag a person forward, and a pod can maintain that disturbance even after the NGNL magic has faded away, I'm not sure there's much left to stretch in terms of the companion ship and whatnot. Both the companion ship and the pod were designed...for basically the same purpose, though the companion ship has stricter limitations. The ship I think adjusts to fit as many companions as you have.

It's a very dangerous loophole, since it's not a far leap to say you could NGNL summon a couple world breakers into some random place and rewrite reality, before resuming.
>>
When you desynchronize a companion from a pod and they are sent to their original world, do they keep the stuff they got while travelling with you? Like perks or just powers you granted them and such?
>>
>>43900672
*Raises a hand*

Okay, I will bite, what is the companion ship you are talking about since I might be talking about a different one
>>
>>43900675
Fanwank it.
>>
>>43900700
The Sailor Training option in Uncharted states the following:

>You may replace and/or supplement your crew with any number of
Companions, up to the capacity of your Flagship. Each of them gain the Seamanship skill, as well as a human form of an appropriate age and the nationality of your choice if they don't have one already.
Unlike ordinary circumstances, you are NOT limited by the eight-Companion limit when importing these crew members; however, it still applies off the ship. Only eight Companions can be off the ship at any given time, or affect the outside world in any way an ordinary crew member couldn't.

The catch is that there's another perk in there called Old Friend, which allows you to import a ship.

>Old Friend (100 CP) (Free Marooned) - Rather than buy a whole new ship, you could always stick to what you know. Pick a single ship that you already own, including any Companions who may moonlight as ships - you may import this ship into the Jump, physically transforming it into a unique design resembling a model of ship from the 1500s to 1700s. However, these changes are only cosmetic - your ship will still retain all of its functionality, probably rendering it the deadliest thing on the high seas.

Therefore, any ship could theoretically fit. Including the Light of Terra after some modifications.
>>
>>43900783
Huh. This seems to mean that only companions you've imported can get on the ship, anyone after this jump can't get on unless they're part of the 8 active companions.
>>
>>43900675
Everything happens by the will of Jumpchan. You could justify either way. My interpretation is that they retain everything, the skills they acquired, the memories, experience, and abilities they developed.
>>
>>43900608
Anyhow, we feffed around for about a year, I tried to slap some sense into Furiae, and the Union "trained" me.

Eventually tough, we got word of massive armies marching into Caerleon. The camp mobilized, Me, Caim, Atmos, and half were to escort the "Goddess" to a castle far behind the front lines.

Magma and Aqua took the other half of the camp and marched to meet the main army, where they were to attack one of the armies.

Cont.
>>
>>43900813
I think, the key in this perk like most is unfortunately, wording. If you presume that this line here is key.

>You may replace and/or supplement your crew with any number of
Companions, up to the capacity of your Flagship.

Then the focal point could technically be put as "Capacity of your Flagship" and "any number of companions". There'd be no line in that description which would suggest that people can't get on afterwards.

----

I think a lot of people have their own personal loopholes for Companions, but it's not really something that's commonly discussed - which is probably fine. A lot of people have come to understand that even 8 companions can already be way too complex. Hell, with summons included, I typically fielded like 40 - 50 individuals at once, using manatech to supplement the costs and sustaining the summons. Planning out everything they did was ridiculous.

Companion slot minmaxing is...well, I'll put it frankly, it's an idea that seems great on paper, but is terrible in application. Brutus and I ran very heavy companion builds (100+ companions), and fielding 8 at once was already terrible in terms of calculation decisions, plot and so forth. So in all honesty I have to say that it might sound great...but I dunno if it's so worth it in the end.
>>
>>43900174
That image was for my Nichijou build. Now that I have the Cyborg capstone from Robocop I can start taking Origins other than Drop In. After dealing with other memories I'll always be myself.

Professor.
My life is on fire!
A Series of Miracles.
It's me-ow!
Hakase.
Modifications.
Robot Caretaker.
4.5%! 4.5%!

I'm stealing this format from Yakuzanon. I'm an adult Professor! It would be weird living as a ten year old when I was in college before Jumping, and college in Nichijou should be fun. I'll get to hang out with Mio's sister, invent crazy things, and add modifications to my robot caretaker who looks a lot like Sukuya Izayoi. She actually enjoys being a robot and likes being upgraded. I'm going to be building lots of modifications and using Hakase to teach an unofficial class.

My German professor is late to every class and is never organized. She give students an unlimited amount of time on exams because she doesn't care about the rules.
My Physical Anthropology professor is really candid and is occasionally screwed over by the faculty. At one point the librarian who was supposed to explain how online research worked didn't show up. An hour and a half later, an intern knocked on the door to class and asked my professor why he's so late.
My Math professor spends half of class talking about how math is for virgins who can't get a date, unaware of the irony.
My Environmental Studies professor is such an enthusiastic innovator that the other facility staff have heart attacks when they see him. He's already faked a volcanic eruption to prove a point.
My English 1A professor invented her own curriculum and fulfilled the class requirements in completely different ways than usual. She's in class to get her fifth Master's degree.
My Astronomy professor is so enthusiastic about her subject that she practically vibrates while she talks, and has us get up and demonstrate how astronomical concepts work.
>>
>>43900955
It fits better for more concise and narrative jumping. That is, most of the plot is centered around a singular effort and the strict 'mechanics' aren't really paid attention to. Then it's a bunch of friends on adventurers, not an RTS game or a jumbled mess of divergent individual plotlines. I even invested in power granting to avoid bothering with imports, so overall it's fairly easy for me.
>>
>>43900241
If you're unscrupulous you can take Sacred Gears from their users (which kills them) or have one choose you after their owners die. True Longinus (God killing spear with the "will of god" sealed inside, unrivaled when fighting demons), Incinerate Anthem (True Cross which uses cross fires like end of evangelion and can be augmented by chaining something to the cross to use it's power), The Holy Grail (messing with souls), Annihilation Maker (can create armies of monsters and super bioweapons limited by the user's imagination), and the two heavenly dragon gears are worthy mentions.

The magic system is neat and there are many so you can spend time learning that. Durandal can cut anything no exceptions (even pure antimatter conceptualized destruction) but it has to recognize you and already has an owner. Holy swords in general require a biological factor to wield.

If you're really feeling suicidal you can try to fight the super bonus bosses 666, Great Red, Ophis, Asura, or either Akuja or Rias's older brother
>>
>>43900223
I know what I wouldn't do. Surround myself with chickens and tell people how rich I am. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64aMnQ0ovXo
>>
>>43901056
I've found that more companions actually hurts narrative jumping, but that's just my experience with it. Typically each companion warrants a good 2 - 3 pages worth of backstory, with their own motivations, the relationships that develop in between them, their changing world views and so forth, so divergent individual plotlines are pretty much bound to happen unless you're going under the premise that the jumper is the sole perspective character.

It gets even worse when you start to consider what they'd do on a day to day basis, what kind of preferences they have that would differ from yours, how that would affect their perception of your choices. Then I applied this to our summons as well. Then onto their summons when eventually we started creating tiered summoners.

Organization is hardly the issue, it's a matter of writing out large enough epics to do each character justice. Or rather, finding the motivation to do it.
>>
>>43901284

Well that just goes into how different people jump for different reasons. Not all of us are writefagging about it. I just want to daydream about being ridiculously powerful, and having an army of companions doesn't hurt that in the slightest.
>>
>>43901198
Whelp, yet more stuff that straight up lack limits.

Annihilation Maker is essentially monster making equivalent of the Imagination Wandereich from Bleach. A Jumper eventually has such powerful imagination that they could create anything, though.

The doublings of Boosted Gear, do they dissappear after a certain amount of time? What stops a person from keeping it active constantly and achieving exponential boost of their power?

Well, the "Cut" part of Durandal doesn't say that whatever it cuts has to stay that way so a Regenerator might cause a Durandal user problems.
>>
>>43901284
That's because of the difference in narratives. Like I just told you, you have the idea of divergent individual plotlines, I like a bunch of friends on a (singular) adventure. It's the kind of plot I enjoy in media. Not everyone needs an individual story or character development every jump, and we tend to stick very close together. We have different styles of story.
>>
In DxD, Excalibur Ruler fragment and later part of Ex-Durandal, does it allow only mind control of things or the "Control all the user wishes to control" Includes inanimate objects and equivalent of telekinesis by wanting them to move, controlling their position?

Is there literally no defense or protection against DxD effects?

HELP ME ANTISPIRAL ANON! If there is someone who can counter this stuff, it's you!
>>
>>43900616
>>43900641
Basically, the Sig 550 you can buy from the jump is a custom-enchanted Holy (or Demonic) weapon whose rounds will punch through mid-ranked supernaturally durable foes (the kind you normally need anti-armor for) in much the same way a lightsaber goes through an unlucky stormtrooper.

Also, any damage dealt is magnified against its antithesis (Holy vs Devils, Demonic vs Angels) so if you shoot the average Devil in the hand with the Holy Sig 550 it'll blast off their arm or something.
>>
>>43901607
There's this amazing thing called mental resistance/immunity and shonen willpower. You should find some.
>>
If one were to compare DBZ power levels with DxD level of power of the strongest people, in terms of raw power, who would be stronger?
>>
>>43901569
If that's the case, DxD has a different solution for you.

>>43901535
Use Annihilation Maker to create people based on your memories/imagination. Because they're your creations, you could technically do whatever you want with them. It'd be not too different from power stealing off of Gremmy Thoumeaux. Both of these options are perfectly valid to bypass companion limits.
>>
I've decided to manifest my love for receiving nigh unnoticeable amounts of attention as posting my newest chain and getting feedback. I'm sorry in advance.

Let's start with setting the mood, I think: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMP9e3cqKns

1. Pokemon Trainer
Free Items: Bag, Pokegear, Pokedex, 5 Pokeballs, 3 potion, Red hat
Region: Johto, Age: 11, Origin: Drop-In
Starter: Eevee
Perks: Physical Fitness (-100), Freerunning (-100), Combat Training, Mechanic (-300), Blend In (-150), Savant (-300)
Items: HM Collection (-50), Motorcycle (-100), Tranquilizer Gun (-200)
Drawbacks: Silenced (+100), Marked (+200)

My goals for this jump are simple: Don't die, don't get my Pokemon stolen, and collect all the TMs I can.

The first goal is both harder and easier than it sounds. There are plenty of people willing to let a child sleep on their couch, and Pokemon Centers are basically hostels after dark. The problem is that even after I learn how to drive a motorcycle, towns are still multiple days apart. It takes awhile before I really get used to the taste of those strange poke-berries.
Getting the TMs isn't as hard as I thought it'd be at first. They're sold in big cities, which means someone is manufacturing them. Most of my money went toward getting those after I finally started winning battles.

Overcoming the drawbacks is where the real fun was. Most of my perks are for running away and hiding. Even Combat Training is to break holds and stun opponents so I can escape. Mechanic repairs my motorcycle, and Savant is for use with the Tranq gun.

To overcome being mute I bought a whistle and trained my Pokemon to react to the number of toots and volume. I saw a dog trainer do that once, and most Pokemon are on at least that level.
>>
>>43901712
Considering how DBZ keeps escalating probably them.

DxD is hilariously imbalanced though. The Two Heavenly Dragons (the ones inside Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing) are apparently mid tier. Ophis even when she lost 75% of her power was still twice as strong than both of them at the peak of their powers. And Great Red is stronger than her. Fun fact DxD stands for Dragon of Dragons. Big Red /is/ that dragon.
>>
>>43901891
What'll you evolve eevee into?
>>
>>43901900
>The Two Heavenly Dragons (the ones inside Boosted Gear and Divine Dividing) are apparently mid tier

Ummmm, no. It took God, the Four Satans, and the leaders of the Fallen to kill them.
>>
>>43902085
Oh yeah forgot about that bit. Point is Ophis and Great Red outclass everyone when it comes to powerlevels. Sure is a great thing that they're not very proactive right?

... Hm I just realized that the only reason Ophis hangs out with Issei is because he was her first friend. Actually jumpers are in a good position to companion her all things considered.
>>
Hm, so arguably how much power or firepower would you need to kill Ophis or Great Red?

And again, can the Boosted Gear boost power with no limits, can it just keep boosting?
>>
>>43901891
Wondering hither, thither, and yon across the Pokemon world, I decided I'd roll 5d713 to figure out which Pokemon I caught and kept, re-rolling any legendaries. A little randomness is fun.

-A Magby in the Burned Tower, caught nearly fresh out of his egg. The parents were concerned, of course, but I didn't exactly enter unprepared for a fight with fire pokemon. Nickname: Ducky
-A Joltik found after running to Hoenn, hoping territory rules applied in Pokemon. They don't, when you have drawbacks. Joltik found me, actually. I decided to name her Biter.
-A Murkrow on route 7 in Johto. I had shoplifted some booze because if I was stuck as a teenager I was going to act like one and came across a Murkrow about to coup de grace a Rattata. In my stupor, I decided to save the poor creature and punted the bird a half dozen yards into a tree. When I turned around, the Rattata was nowhere to be found, but the Murkrow was weakened and I had a pokeball. Nickname: Football.
-A Haunter from Sprout Tower. Tried to prank me and Eevee only to get so many faces full of sand that it couldn't see a thing. I got pretty lucky, all things considered. Nicname: Handleback
-Chansey, from the Safari Zone. I don't understand the point of a Pokemon preserve when you can still catch the Pokemon there.
Nickname: Marsha

>>43901998
I needed a water-type to round out this team, so I went with Vaporeon. In universe, I actually let Eevee decide, and it decided it loved swimming. So, we bought a Water Stone.
>>
>>43902315
Honestly they're at the point where it's not worth trying until you get a planeswalker spark.

Basing off of Divine Dividing not being able to divide forever probably not. In addition every time you boost it drains your stamina.
>>
Is there a cat equivalent of breeds in Nintendogs + Cats? Otherwise the only remaining option will be to buy all the items and tricks to perpetuate cat shenanigans.
>>
File: sadcatsmall.jpg (23 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
sadcatsmall.jpg
23 KB, 320x220
>>43902520
Nah. That's how it is in the games. Dogs get all kinds of breeds but cats are just cats. Nintendo be racist against felines.
>>
>>43902520
Of course not, everyone knows there's only one breed of cat: evil.
>>
File: Saitama OK.jpg (29 KB, 375x305) Image search: [Google]
Saitama OK.jpg
29 KB, 375x305
How to kill the one punch man? Physical indestructibility with a planet buster and a god killing doodad? What.
>>
>>43903247
Asking yourself why you need to kill him unless you fucked up and got yourself on his shitlist.
>>
>>43903247
I don't see why you'd want to.
>>
File: rand.jpg (120 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
rand.jpg
120 KB, 576x720
Hey /jc/, I started watching The Seven Deadly Sins recently, and was toying with the idea of making a jump for it. Has anyone staked a claim on it yet?
>>
>>43903247
Win a game against him with Aschente from No Game No Life, with him betting his strength and durability. I don't think you would really gain his strength that way, but he should lose it.
>>
>>43903135
That sucks. I'm picking a single owner and doing weird stuff in their house while they're not here. Helpful stuff. They'll return to find their TV has 12000K resolution and automatic subtitling for any language on Earth.

>>43903247
One of the perks from generic virtual world will put holes in any perfect defense. Why kill him though? He's generally a good person.
>>
>>43903247
Pretty sure the only thing that can kill Saitama is himself and he's way too stable to do that. Your only hope is bombarding him with subtle baldness inadequacy messages and hope for the best.
>>
>>43903365
>Why kill him though?
You're in a power-fantasy thread, people want to kill the strongest thing to prove themselves top dog.

>>43903329
Eh, isn't that series still ongoing? I would save yourself the trouble and lay a claim on it - but wait for it to finish that way you don't run into a situation similar to Fairy Tail, Toriko, or Terra Formars with SUDDEN ESCALATION.
>>
File: Popeye is Bullshit.jpg (167 KB, 354x1350) Image search: [Google]
Popeye is Bullshit.jpg
167 KB, 354x1350
>>43903247
Call Popeye.
>>
>>43903312 >>43903365
Always good to have plan to kill everyone you meet in the chain that is as strong as him.
>>43903404
Do we have a Popeye jump?
>>
>>43903429
No, but we may eventually have a Who Framed Roger Rabbit jump.
>>
File: Keikakus under more keikakus.png (49 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Keikakus under more keikakus.png
49 KB, 256x256
>>43903329
See >>43903402

Ongoing is DEATH. Unless its something that has hiatuses every so often or gets installments once in a blue moon I personally wouldnt touch it

>>43903429
>Plans
>>
>>43903402
>>43903450
True enough. It'd be a bit anyway, since I probably wanna power through the manga as well. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't poaching or wasting my time if I start brainstorming while I read.
>>
File: the-fate-of-every-jumpchainer.jpg (12 KB, 200x138) Image search: [Google]
the-fate-of-every-jumpchainer.jpg
12 KB, 200x138
>>43903365
I'm not even sure Saitama's defense counts as perfect. He's just got stupidly powerful shonen powers.
So, I dunno, it's vaguely possible Beerus could beat him?

Or you could go all conceptual bullshit on him. Like if you ever get to a point where you can bend all the characters (and I mean all the characters) over your knee and give them a paddlin', you can probably beat One Punch. He's just got super shonen fightan powers is all.

Honestly his powerset is so boring that even if you killed him I'd just give you a mispelled "gud jobe" sticker.
Might as well brag that you can beat up the Hulk. It amounts to the same damn thing.
>>
>>43903366
If someone wasn't trying to kill him, this would be a really funny idea. A guy who tries to defeat him by making bald jokes. King repays Saitama for saving him physically by socially scaring off the guy, making him promise that his next insult would be for him. The guy never insults someone again.
>>
File: peopledie.jpe.jpg (24 KB, 640x368) Image search: [Google]
peopledie.jpe.jpg
24 KB, 640x368
>>43903494
> bend all the characters
Meant to specify the characters from FATE specifically. I'm pretty sure a lot of the people there could kill him, even if they couldn't take a punch.
>>
>>43903365
What will you do if someone breaks into the house? Statistically, it is very possible, even if it is not entirely likely.
>>
>>43903247
Does he need to breathe?
>>
>>43903595
He can jump to the moon and back, but he might have been holding his breath at the time.
>>
>>43903499
Sickburn from Problem Sleuth weakens someone's defenses the more they're insulted. Just pelt with bald jokes until you can punch him out.
>>
>>43903620
Nah, he forgot to and started holding his breath afterwards.
>>43903247
According to the author he is literally invulnerable. So, I don't know? Old age? I don't think immortality was part of the deal, but it's never been addressed either. I think One Piece has a devil fruit that can futz with age, but I'm not sure if he would no sell it or not.
>>
How dangerous is Journey to the West? I was under the impression that most of the trouble in the story comes from Xuanzang not having much common sense, so your stay would be significantly less eventful than the story if you didn't join him and weren't stupid.
>>
>>43903719
Yeah, as long as you don't get roped into joining the titular journey it's not so bad. It's mythic China, so there are plenty of demons and spirits everywhere, but nothing that can't be avoided. Worst case scenario is that you'll have to beat up some Taoists.
>>
File: Fire on top of Fire.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fire on top of Fire.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
At what point is overkill overkill?
>>
>>43903850
When you use something equivalent to a Dragon Slave to swat a fly.

Not that I would know.
>>
>>43903850
When the time comes to return to the Wasteland, I'm making this.
>>
>>43903850
Probably at the point where you run out of people to show off to.
>>
File: Cat.png (232 KB, 1844x700) Image search: [Google]
Cat.png
232 KB, 1844x700
>>43903571
I have Modifications from Nichijou which lets me build some really powerful technology if it's cute or would be in an anime. Devastating combat is explicitly said to be cute in some cases. Once the perimeter defense alarm goes off, I'll run to the false floor panel where I built the control center for all the hidden defense systems. For one thing, I'll strategically launch tiny legos under his feet from cannons located in the walls. How many shoe-piercing legos will a guy step on before he decides a house isn't worth it? If that doesn't do it, I'll wait for him to reach the conspicuously placed safe next to the bed. Inside he'll find a gun that fires beans, which will shoot him in the chest until he runs away.

If by some miracle he notices the floor panel and pulls it up, he'll have made a grave mistake. The control center expands into a tiny bulletproof mechsuit with claw attachments. You have not known fear until a cat has meowed at you through the bullhorn of a tiny Jaeger.
>>
>>43904048
Cats: The Scratchpostening The Musical when?
>>
>>43904137
> Cats: The Musical jump.
Wow, I... actually kind of want this.
>>
>>43904137
Any WoD jump + Once More With Feeling from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer?
>>
>>43904151
Make your dreams come true anon
>>
>>43904137
If I take EBA before that Jump, I could repel the invaders with funk. In real life I would completely watch a musical about cats defending against break ins with mechsuits and technology.
>>
What perk makes any creature you kill an alt-form?
>>
>>43904334
You're probably thinking of the Take Over line of magics from Fairy Tail, but that isn't actually alt forms, it transformation magic.
>>
Jumpers, what would you have wanted to see in a college class? I'm using Hakase to teach a fake one and have never done that before. I only have three students who asked to add my class when they saw me talking to an empty auditorium.
>>
File: mysides.gif (2 MB, 300x174) Image search: [Google]
mysides.gif
2 MB, 300x174
>>43903571
>>43904048
>dat spoiler
>dat screencap

I'm reminded of an old D&D Basic module where you're basically exploring a haunted castle. The wizard's bedroom has a small kitty playing with a shoe. If the players antagonize the kitty, they discover the hard way it can polymorph into a panther - with the potential for an unlucky PC to get blendered with a double claw and bite combo in the surprise round (up to 16 points of damage, against a first level PC).

I looked at converting that module for 3.5, and panthers in that are even worse (up to 25 points _before_ criticals, and the PC at risk of being pinned).
>>
>>43903247
Can you survive being hit by a punch that would literally obliterate half of the universe from the sheer force? I believe the writer also said that it's as if Saitama had the power of God inside of him, so there's that.
>>
Hey, Justice! Did you help Licence-less Rider in One Punch Man? Did anyone else?

I'm pretty sure I'd have offered him training, genetic tune ups, and even an overhaul of his bike so he can help more people, and I hope he'd accept, but some heroes seem to prefer relying on their own strengths. I don't know if he'd see it that way or be glad to be given the opportunity to save more people. I like the think the latter; guy's a real hero.
>>
File: chara.png (4 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
chara.png
4 KB, 639x480
How do you defeat someone who can use save states, even after death?
>>
>>43904828
Keep him unconscious without killing him. Sleep magic then the Draught of Living Death might help.
>>
>>43904828
There's a perk in Blazblue for that.
>>
>>43904828
Psychological damage. Either break their will so they have no desire to keep looping, or directly attack their minds with telepathy so that they can't trigger the save state.
>>
>>43904828
Mindrape.
>>
>>43904828
Roll to seduce.
>>
>>43904828
Dark Binding maybe?
>>
Jumpers have you ever been betrayed before?
Be it one of your former or still current companions, some character from a Jump, or just someone you never expected? Did you ever forgive them or did you hold a grudge against them?
>>
>>43904828
Depends whether they just go back to where they are, or to a safe place.

Step 1: freeze them in time so that they can't utilize the save state.
Step 2: if they are evil, put them underwater in lava. if they are not evil, put them in a room without oxygen, but with a gas that won't cause them to choke, like nitrogen.
Step 2a: if they can revert to where they are safe, mindwipe them and check them into their nearest asylum.
>>
>>43904828
Prettymuch you have to go for psychological damage so that they are either unable to continue using savestates or have no desire to do so.

Depends a little on what's persisting after death. If it's a wandering soul or something you go for straight up soul damage.
If it's some hypothetical entity beyond the reach of your world working through proxy, you aim for that entity. Using whatever means you have. Even if it's just straight emotional damage, psychological manipulation, frustration, or boring them until they stop.
But regardless of means your target is the aspect that reloads the saves, not the body it is using after.
>>
>>43904828
Like others have said, you basically want to abuse mental effects- natural or unnatural. They must not WANT to continue, either because they perceive you (right or wrong) as an ally, because they are incapable of thought, or because you've utterly crushed any belief that defeating you serves their goals.

There are also Perks that make you retcon proof, and you might argue that you can kill them once and make it stick- another possibility are Perks that let you kill true immortals, and Save States probably qualifies. Any Perk that interacts with an individual past their death- like Dark Binding or soul killing- is also a solid bet.

Also point of order, neither Chara or Frisk ever had Save or Load. That was always the Player.
>>
>>43904828
Cheat. Be sufficiently far beyond them that 10 years is not enough time for them to do anything to you. If necessary, simply teleport away to another planet and laugh.
>>
File: traveling.jpg (197 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
traveling.jpg
197 KB, 800x800
>>43904996
Being a Shushu Guardian is a trial. One they're a great weapon and in desperate times they offer that extra power you need to survive.

However in taking that offer you have placed your body and abilities in the hands of a demon-like entity. It becomes even more dangerous when you realize they're a drawback magnet. If your sword becomes your enemy, you're bereft of your weapon and against someone who knows damn near everything about you.

Maybe eventually it'll have a change of hearts and become like Rubilax but for now he's a dangerous, two edged sword who has existed for far longer than anyone in may party. He may play the dumb brute but no one who is still around after that long lacks cunning.
>>
>>43904996
Yes.

My friggin' Dusclops partner from PMD backstabbed me during a certain little jump where I was stuck in a little girl's head. He shoulda been there to interfere with her ritual and deal with assassins, but noooooo.

AND THEN I GOT EATEN BY ELODIE.
>>
>>43905434
>spoiler
Oh my~
>>
>>43905463
What happens specifically when you pick an origin? Do you immediately gain consciousness in that body with a set of someone else's memories, or do you remember having lived through "your" life up until that point with your real memories?
>>
>>43905759
Not sure if you meant to quote that guy or not, but it depends.

We know some anons keep their 'memory timelines' side-by-side like reels of film tape, some go with 'I remember everything as it's me reincarnating and being powerless up until the age I rolled, and my powers return at that point as well.'
>>
>>43905759
I'm crossing my fingers that I haven't forced myself to live through an awful childhood in a Jump that should be really fun. Am I right in assuming Nichijou with no drawbacks will generally be comedic instead of dark and sad? Right?Even if I took Professor and a robot caretaker who isn't sentient?

>>43905781
I didn't mean to quote him. Which is more prevalent? Does it matter?
>>
>>43901891
BODY MOD
Build: Light
Body Type: Bestial 2 (-150)
Stats: Endurance 2 (-100), Speed 2 (-100), Dexterity 2 (Free), Appeal 2 (-100), Sense 2
Perks: Flexibility 1 (-100), Color 1, Endowed (-50)

WAREHOUSE
Utilities: Electricity (-10), Plumbing (-10), Forcewall (-20)
Structures: Shelving, Workshop (-10), Medbay (-20), Terminal (-10), Robots (-20)
Miscellaneous: Stasis Pod (-20), Free Space (-30)

You know what I'd have really liked from the Warehouse? Spare keys that I could hand out to my companions.
>>
>>43905795
Eh, doesn't really matter. Either way, you take control at the age you rolled (if there was one) or at the point you landed in the jump.
>>
>>43905807
It does matter in this case. Both of my parents were mentally unstable and I had a psychologically abusive childhood. Having 18 years of growing up with a parent figure who isn't sentient would be really fucked up. I would hate to be unhappy for the whole Jump until my memories are normal again.
>>
File: antspiralhuman.jpg (12 KB, 292x165) Image search: [Google]
antspiralhuman.jpg
12 KB, 292x165
>>43899963
Technically, you ought to have either Theming from Smite or Themed Powers from Skullgirls in order to set your theme to "Anti-Spiral" as well because otherwise you'll just look like a generic ol' demonic shadow person. Father, the guy who the perk is based on, has yellow and red glowy bits.

>>43901607
Why are we always the go-to person to ask for how to survive/defend against stuff? There has to be someone with more of these kinds of defences instead of just relying on cosmic power

Anyway, in the interest of not becoming a broken record mumbling nobleightfoldpathyou...blockedtwocanplaythisgame over and over again, let's see.

Well erm...looking up it's entry on the wiki it does indeed appear to include both.

Actually, if you want to take a spiritual approach to defending yourself, Holier Than Thou from Darkstalkers, Faithful Shield from Okami and Righteousness from Journey to the West can help you fight spiritual interference with spiritual interference. Definitely a good idea to Temple of Thought them with a more substantial form of spiritual rebar though, like Angel powers from Supernatural.

>>43901650 has the right idea; No Delta Brainwave from Futurama, Unbreakable Will from Spyro, Unbreakable from Dark Souls, Resolve from Kill La Kill, Inner Jumper from Discworld, Resistance from Starccraft and Astral Layers from Psychonauts all ought to beef up your mental defences.

Or...you could just all the Practitioner perks in Dresden Files, focus on psychomancy, and try to fight off holy power with Soulfire. Not very familiar with DxD though.

Finally, you could acquire an Anti-Divine or Barrier Noble Phantasm which has a conceptual defensive effect situated around your physical presence, similar to Avalon. If you're going to go around tanking holy hand grenades instead of dodging, you'll probably want to have them at EX or at least A++ rank.
>>
>>43905795
>spoiler

Good grief, why would you even think that? No, there is LITERALLY NOTHING dark and sad about anything in all of Nichijou ever.

>>43905836
>spoiler

Oh. Fair enough.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.