[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/ If you are asking for build advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: 1 (12).jpg (407 KB, 640x788) Image search: [Google]
1 (12).jpg
407 KB, 640x788
Pathfinder General /pfg/

If you are asking for build advice, please mention which third-party books are allowed. If you do not say anything, we will assume DSP/SoP is allowed.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Old thread
>>43865667
>>
>>43873409
>>43873470
>>43873529
>>43873654
So what do you guys think? Have I shown that a fighter can do paladin tier damage yet?
>>
Have you ever made a campaign where the PCs literally did not matter in the grand scheme of things, or if they did their accomplishments were never acknowledged by the outside world?

Have you ever made a campaign where the opposite was true? Where the PCs did great things and you made an effort to let them know their efforts were seen as the stuff of heroes and legend?
>>
>>43873676
>Have I shown that a fighter can do paladin tier damage yet?
Was that a serious doubt anybody had?

My thought was that the problem with the fighter is that he can't do anything *ELSE*.
>>
>>43873676
Fighter's have always been good at damage. That's not their problem.
>>
>>43873695
Paizo did the first one, it's called Wrath of the Righteous.
>>
I want to marry a Drow.
>>
Is a Savage Technologist considered proficient in Heavy Weaponry?
>>
What software do people use to scrub PDFs? I may or may not have access to AP #100's Aroden article.
>>
>>43873701
yea. There was a big shitstorm because the "fighter can't even do damage" a while ago. I posted math to prove people wrong.

And I agree. The problem with the fighter is never the damage, It's the versatility to actually deliver that damage or to do something when damage is not appropriate.

>>43873704
Agreed. There was just a shitstorm with people claiming the fighter couldn't do relevant damage a couple threads ago.

The NEXT argument i'll start is that a fighter can spend WBL to use potions and stuff to actually have tier 4 capabilities without archetypes....hehehe
>>
>>43873774
I don't think any class starts off Proficient in Heavy Weapons, natively.
>>
>>43873796
Any character can do the wealth thing. A commoner can break the game with cross-class ranks and money.
>>
Reposting, because damnit, I put a fair bit of work into redoing Immigrant Song for this: >>43873780
>>
How can I make Metal Gear Ray as it appears in MGR using the rules in Arcforge?
>>
>>43873796
Magic items being powerful is what makes the Artisan class so abusable
>>
I'm considering throwing the "Mighty" template onto my BBEG, He'll be a heavily modified Hobgoblin Savage Technologist, most likely level 20.

He'll be equipped with Power Armor, and some of the best tech weaponry available, along with significant magic items.

Should I not make him Mighty? Or at level 20, will that not really be much of an issue?

Players should encounter him at level 20.
>>
Any advice on combining Gunslinger with Alchemist ? I'm thinking about Gun5/AlachX for guns, drugs and bombs and I'm a bit worried about MAD.

Should I go Agi>Int>Wis ?
>>
>>43873902
In general...don't I mean you can, but you can't bomb and gun and you will be way behind on your alchemist duties.
>>
File: Colin.png (152 KB, 463x333) Image search: [Google]
Colin.png
152 KB, 463x333
>>43873902
>Agi

Anywho, you're looking at some serious MADness, there.

What about Gunslinger is it that you want most? Have you considered Variant Multiclass?
Maybe do some archetype that gives you guns instead?
>>
>>43873949
Gunslinger VMC is worse than one level of Gunslinger.
>>
What Point Buy amount is most suitable for a BBEG in which players have a 30 Point Buy?
>>
>>43873974
31 point buy
>>
>>43873971
You're doing one level? That makes Gunslinger an even worse choice.

Just do Savage Technologist/Trench Fighter/Spellslinger if you're dipping.
>>
>>43873949
The Alchemist has a gun variant ?
>>
>>43873902
Just take grenadier archetype and ewp(firearms), or just an archetype if you treat firearms as martial or simple weapons.
>>
>>43874008
I'm just saying there's no reason to VMC Gunslinger. It's pretty useless.
>>
>>43873902
Siege Gunners use their Int instead of Wis for their grit, so you could cut down the MAD a bit there.
>>
>>43873974
I don't build my BBEGs as legal characters.

Why would I do that?
>>
What would an aeon planetouched be like?
I was thinking of homebrewing them up along with my other planetouched but I can't think of any truly good ideas for them.
>>
>>43873796
>The NEXT argument i'll start is that a fighter can spend WBL to use potions and stuff to actually have tier 4 capabilities without archetypes
Sure, anyone can buy shit. The problem is the actual class features suck.

>hehehe
Stop being such a fag.
>>
>>43873720

Except that's blatantly false, the PCs were leaders of the Crusade by Book 2 and became straight up living legends worthy of song and praise by Book 5. Oh, someone stole the McGuffin book needed to close the Worldwound? Nobody fucking cares about those chucklefucks, it's the PCs who actually close it and it's the PCs who are directly attributed to it's closing. Every major NPC by that point slinks back into the sidelines, even the Queen herself, hell Irabeth quietly walks off to the family estate to fuck her transgender wife and live the rest of her days in solitude.

Paizo played up how badass the PCs were in Wrath of the Righteous, not downplayed it.

If you want an example of an AP where the PCs literally did not matter, look at Iron Gods or Council of Thieves.
>>
File: aroden.png (452 KB, 577x509) Image search: [Google]
aroden.png
452 KB, 577x509
>>43873788
Anyone?
>>
File: 1430365558218.gif (182 KB, 384x408) Image search: [Google]
1430365558218.gif
182 KB, 384x408
>>43874352

>That sword
>>
>>43874344
>Iron Gods
How so?
>>
>>43874344
All I hear about Wrath of the Righteous is that you're whipping boys who get sent on pointless errands while some other group does all the relevant shit off-screen.
>>
>>43874392

Book 6 explicitly mentions that no one except the PCs know what happened in the Silver Mount, or really what happened after the PCs went to Torch to relight the forge fire.
>>
>>43874352
Super interested in the Aroden article but no idea how to scrub watermarks. Maybe google something?
>>
>>43874352
I think the other chans might be better places to ask. The ones three and four higher than this, that is.
>>
>>43874420
That doesn't mean they didn't matter, Unity was a big threat.
Not to mention the fact that they can completely uproot the government of Numeria and make the Technic League not be assholes and start distributing advanced technology to the world.
>>
>>43874412
>while some other group does all the relevant shit off-screen.

The only time this happens is when an adventure group sneaks into the spooky BBEG castle to steal the McGuffin that opened (and can close) the Worldwound.

You know what happens with those adventurers? Me either, because they're never mentioned afterwards or ever given any growth as characters beyond "they're kinda important I guess."

The PCs in WotR are the tip of a very large spear, yes you're going to be ordered around to do shit by the Crusader Queen, but that's because you are the *only* people in the entire Crusade that can get it done. To use an example in another game, this is like saying Master Chief was a worthless throwaway whipping boy without any praise or recognition because he was ordered around by UNSC or Captain Keyes or Admiral Hood.
>>
>>43874420
It also mentions that if you happened to kill Kevoth-kul you can place a new king as well as spread technology across the world.
>>
>>43874503
>That doesn't mean they didn't matter, Unity was a big threat.

Of course, I'm not trying to say you didn't do something important in the world, I'm saying your accomplishments aren't actually recognized because hardly anyone knows you did them in the first place.
>>
>>43874510
>The only time this happens is when an adventure group sneaks into the spooky BBEG castle to steal the McGuffin that opened (and can close) the Worldwound.

Oh, and another time this happens is with Irabeth being the big-dicked hero at the start of Wrath of the Righteous, the woman you should look up to and admire, because everyone else in the Crusade does.

People forget to mention Irabeth does not *matter* by Book 2/3, in fact she's shoved into a pencil-pusher position back at the capital because the Queen wants to be right with the PCs as they thrust deep into the Worldwound's gaping orifice. These people that used to be big deals in the Crusade quite literally become your cheerleaders by the end, and everyone involved in the conflict can *see* that.
>>
>>43873788
You don't have to scrub the PDF if you just post pictures of the relevant pages. I don't think anyone cares about what's in the book besides the article on Aroden.
>>
>>43874544
Recognition and mattering are different. I know this is semantics, but you have to keep in mind we take what's said at face value here; you have to be clear about your intent.

RotRL actually suffers from the same problem in the final book - When you finally go after the big bad, the world is unconcerned, because to them the most heroic you've ever been was when you raided a bunch of Stone Giants in book 4. Doesn't mean you didn't stop a super powerful wizard from being an asshole to Varisia, It just means that nobody knows about it except maybe the Pathfinder society.
>>
>>43873902
Is Elsbeth a dirty qlippoth lover?
>>
>>43874352
Is this guy the new Elminster?
>>
>>43873788
How the shit did you manage that?
>>
File: 1440902705899.gif (67 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1440902705899.gif
67 KB, 200x200
>>43874737
>Is Elsbeth a dirty qlippoth lover?

>Elsbeth dealing with all those ribbed, muscular tentacles
>>
>>43875001
Aroden was a god on the Golarion setting. He kinda disappeared when he was supposed to bring about a new Golden Age.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page70.png (958 KB, 776x978) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page70.png
958 KB, 776x978
>>
>>43874725

So what would be the top three APs in terms of recognition of PC accomplishments?
>>
>>43875062

>Spend almost 5000 years as the living God-King of Humanity
>Within 100 years of your death you're pretty much forgotten

That's kind of sad, actually.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page71.png (748 KB, 773x1004) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page71.png
748 KB, 773x1004
>>43875062
>>
>>43875076
>So what would be the top three APs in terms of recognition of PC accomplishments?

1. Wrath of the Righteous
2. Jade Regent
3. Hell's Rebels

Once Hell's Vengeance comes out I'm expecting the placements to change.
>>
>>43875062
>Everything I Say is Right, by Me
>>
>>43874500
Shill elsewhere.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page72.png (607 KB, 759x987) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page72.png
607 KB, 759x987
>>43875116
>>
File: 1442494089328.png (17 KB, 393x377) Image search: [Google]
1442494089328.png
17 KB, 393x377
>>43875116
>>43875062
>>43875138

Why is Aroden so cool?

I want the stats for the Azlanti Diamond now.
>>
>>43875120
Would Reign of Winter be fourth? The Queen of All Witches gives you fabulous prizes at the end.
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page73.png (728 KB, 751x972) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page73.png
728 KB, 751x972
>>43875138
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page74.png (728 KB, 728x984) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page74.png
728 KB, 728x984
>>43875162
>>
File: Aroden Articlepng_Page75.png (654 KB, 724x981) Image search: [Google]
Aroden Articlepng_Page75.png
654 KB, 724x981
>>43875185

FIN
>>
>>43875157

Reign of Winter oscillates because on one hand yeah, you're doing something very important.

On the other hand, you're doing something very important for a shitty kingdom in the middle of nowhere only the Ulfen care about, and even then just for honor's sake.

The winter portals were poised to doom Golarion, but nobody knows where they came from or why they stopped.
>>
>>43875205

>Aroden was an unparalleled Blacksmith

So Aroden was Azor Ahai? Fits I suppose.

Personally, I really want to know where I can grab one of his legendary blades, or even what those things are made out of.
>>
>>43875185
UNF!
>>
>>43875185

Aroden had some killer iconography.
>>
First time running Pathfinder, though I do have some experience as a GM.

The party is a Ratfolk Psychic Detective, Aasimar Oradin Hospitaler, Changeling Unchained Summoner Synthesist, and Dhampir Cruromancer Wizard.

Is the campaign probably fucked, or is that a reasonably balanced party? It's Reign of Winter, if it matters.
>>
Shameless repost
Ok, so I greatly enjoyed my first taste of Undead creation aAnd now I'm thinking of getting a specialized necromancer. Anyone have experience with this? It seems like divine casters are better at this just because of desecrate. I almost fell into the trap that is Undead lord so any advice would be appreciated.
>>
File: Bard & Evil Twin.jpg (153 KB, 633x800) Image search: [Google]
Bard & Evil Twin.jpg
153 KB, 633x800
>>43871794
After some discussion we've decided not to go for this. The new abilities are replacing Animus enhancements, which are kinda self-focused. Additionally, the Candle is already there for ally buffing, and putting in healing others at this point would both confuse the issue and make the ability stronger than where we want it.
>>
>>43873695
My game is a lot like the first one. Adventurers or Gutterunners are seen as a public nuisance and danger. The lower classes hate them for being rich and powerful while they struggle every day to live, the middle class hates them for opposing the traditions and stability they rely on and the upper class see them as temporary problem solvers that should go away once their usefulness is done.

Generally the only ones who truly appreciate what the adventurers do are those they directly help and save or those in power who know just how bad things in the world are and how badly they need the adventurers to keep things from falling apart. The average person is more likely to run away or be disdainful of adventurers than worship them.
>>
>>43874412
>>43874510
Actually those adventurers were that Tiefling and Elf duo from the Pathfinder books and they get that McGuffin and hand it over to the players to do stuff with.

It all played out in a book as a prequel to the WotR
>>
Leadership is best used how?
>>
>>43875547
However you and your GM decide
>>
>>43875547
Leadership isn't a real feat and you should either get it automatically at x level or use the system in a case wherein your PC enters a leadership position.

If you need proof of this, just ask yourself this question: Is it better to take this feat that gives me a +1 to Hit and +1 to Melee damage, or this feat that gives me an army and a slightly lower level NPC who will die for me?
>>
>>43875185
Can we get a pick of that gal alone?
>>
>>43875449
Hey Gareth

Is the Grammaton's Gun Kata supposed to work more like Pistol Whip/Gun Fu where damage depends on whether the gun is one-handed/two-handed and what size it is? Also, should one-handed firearms be considered light weapons for Gun Kata like they are for Gun Fu?
>>
>>43875287
>Ratfolk Psychic Detective, Aasimar Oradin Hospitaler, Changeling Unchained Summoner Synthesist, and Dhampir Cruromancer Wizard.
The fuck is an oradin, and the fuck is a psychic detective?
>>
>>43875730
Psychic Detective is an Investigator archetype, iirc, and an Oradin is a multiclassed paladin/oracle, taking advantage of the Life Link revelation to heal their party with swift-action Lay on Hands
>>
>>43875730
Oradin means Paladin Oracle multiclass often also prestiged into Holy Vindicator.
>>
>>43874510
>>43874578
And despite all this, you get tortured, stripped, struck deaf and dumb and tossed into the abyss by the goddess of antipaladins for not being worthy enough of getting her help on the suicide run she sends you on, and I don't mean whoever Thean Tagonist worships.
>>
>>43875556
>>43875585
Well I've already taken the feat, but since our party is disgustingly large already (8 PCs, one of which is a summoner, and 4 npc allies) I don't want to slow down gameplay any more than I have to.

So any advice for using leadership unobstructively?
>>
>>43875849
Craftingbot stays home, raises the kids, makes your shit cheaper, leaves you them tasty feat slots for adventure things.
>>
>>43875849
Use your cohort as a crafting bitch.

Dwarven Wizard with a valet familiar can craft shit like nobody's business, and spending 8 hours a day customizing stuff for the party (remember, 30% reduction for making it require a specific class, and a 10% cost reduction for making it require a specific skill adds up to a very low cost indeed) and you can get a cohort that's extremely useful for the party but doesn't actively take part in combat.
>>
>>43875849
Oh, that I can help you with.

First thing to do is not bring your followers with you. Keep them busy working on projects for you, like convincing the local townsfolk you guys are the shit, doing small-time mercenary work, or otherwise earning you money. I've used them to help a region that was suffering from drought, build roads, and help improve the surrounding area, as well.

What
>>43875919
said for your cohort. If it weren't eight fucking PCs, then I'd say use him as a buff bot, but you're going to make things harder if you do even that.
>>
>>43875585
>+1 to Hit and +1 to Melee damage
That's two feats.
>>
>>43875044
>Shoggti braincloud, fascination, and mind control
>Cythnigot infestation
>Gongorinan egg injection and INT drain
holy shit qlippoth are fetishy as fuck
someone get on this right now
>>
>>43876043
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/racial-feats/mother-s-gift-changeling
>>
>>43875449

Fair enough then!

Beyond that idea, the changes look fair.
>>
>>43875906
>>43875953
>>43875919
Thanks guys, just a few more questions.

Why a dwarven wizard? why a valet familiar? I'm a stupid bitch, please handhold me through crafting.
>>
>>43876149
This is a pretty great NPC class to use if your DM lets you pick. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-npc-classes/4-winds-fantasy-gaming/courtesan
>>
File: hamada 'brian' peppers.gif (975 KB, 225x150) Image search: [Google]
hamada 'brian' peppers.gif
975 KB, 225x150
>>43876087
>with your claws
>>
>>43876200
our npc chef is a courtesan already
>>
>>43874226
Well the aeon subtype gives immunity to crits, poison and cold, resistance to electricity and fire 1, empathetic telepathy, racial bonus to all knowledge equal to half their HD and a deflection bonus equal to a quarter their HD. So I would do something with those and maybe +2 Wis and Int.
>>
Can someone explain to me why Psions/Wilders are tier 2? I don't see how their power list could break a campaign.
>>
>>43875135
Back to /v/.
>>
>>43876049
I wonder which qlippoth she would enjoy best.
>>
>>43875062
Man this makes me want to lay a half elf false priest sorcerer covered in spell tattoos created by a cleric of Aroden before his death, and go around preaching how Aroden is still around using my power to prove it and spread his word. Would work best with mythic so I could grant my followers spells.
>>
>>43876342
...Are you me? I had the exact same concept, minus the tatoos.
With the slight difference that if that character reaches mythic he tries to pretend to be Aroden reborn.
>>
>>43875541
I like those guys. Got one of their books for free at a con and it was entertaining. I may have to try and play WotR now.
>>
>>43876274
let's look at their 7th level powers, which they get at 13th level (14th if wilder):
>Bend Reality: Alters reality within power limits.
Oh I'm sorry, do they get limited wish? Seems they do. Everything else is gravy.

Hell, they also get psychic reformation, so technically they're tier 1, but most people would pass it by because its power isn't immediately obvious or useful.
>>
>>43876149
Dwarves have a favored class bonus for Wizard that allows them to make faster progress when making magical items, allowing them to do it in less time.

Valet familiars double time progress on magical items for their masters.
>>
Has Shiggareb been illustrated yet?
>>
I've heard people say that a lot of Paizo's Adventure Paths/Modules have Magical Realmy stuff, but is that just because the APs have NPCs who can be romanced?
>>
File: 1448694424819.jpg (127 KB, 713x1032) Image search: [Google]
1448694424819.jpg
127 KB, 713x1032
TO THE ANONS WHO PAID FOR CHARACTER CAMEOS:

Emails should be getting sent shortly. Thank you for your patience.
>>
>>43876636
Cameos in what?
>>
>>43876626
It's because "magical realm" has been abused to mean "anything that approaches the general area of what could be construed as someone's fetish."
>>43876687
Gareth's enormous rape novel.
>>
File: 1441078490336.gif (52 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1441078490336.gif
52 KB, 200x200
>>43875044
>god damn son
>>
>>43876626
Isn't there an AP where the PC's spend like a month as polymorphed Drow females in order to blend in?
>>
>>43876626
it's because whenever anyone talks about it's not "the invisible quasit is bullshit", it's "i will reprogram casandalee to be my ahegao e-stim robosex machine".

the magical realm was inside /pfg/ all along.
>>
>>43876784
You can turn into drow in order to infiltrate their city in Second Darkness yeah. You don't change gender though from what I remember.
I mean I guess you could if you really wanted to.
>>
>>43876784
I assume that'd be Second Darkness.

My magical realm was Feast of Ravenmoor, and there's no AP equivalent, so I'm safe.
>>
>>43876784
http://paizo.com/pathfinder/adventurePath/secondDarkness
>>
>>43876274
SoL powers from level 1, teleportation, planar travel, flight, permanency, true seeing... And that's just from the base list, not taking into account expanded knowledge and discipline lists.
>>
>>43876823
>Spoiler
Are you able to describe what exactly you mean by that? I haven't played that module.
>>
>>43875541
>>43876439

Dammit, stop making me want to play Wrath of the Righteous, it sounds like an AP that would be amazing with the right DM and the right minor revisions.
>>
File: ohboi2.png (71 KB, 735x595) Image search: [Google]
ohboi2.png
71 KB, 735x595
>>43874737
>>43875044
>>43876049

You guys get pretty depraved don't you?

It was only a matter of time wasn't it?
>>
>>43876687
ErrantX was in some dire straits a while back, so he opened up a GoFundMe. With /pfg/'s help he got all $3000 within about 2 days. DSP offered some extra rewards for people who paid over a certain amount; physical copies of their books, a class or archetype or whatever else designed by Errant once he got better, a Skype Call with the developers to talk about the industry and their creations, a sneak-peak at some of their new material, Gareth writing stories for their OCs as cameo material, and so forth.
>>
Fast Learner says I have the option between taking HP and a skill point, or taking an "alternative class feature".
Does this mean a race-specific favored class bonus, or do I earn the ability to take a class feature from an archetype?
>>
File: 1440805402352.png (283 KB, 659x376) Image search: [Google]
1440805402352.png
283 KB, 659x376
So, its a given that characters that plan and think sensibly should be capable of taking on creatures better than those that rush in, cock in hand and don't into prep time.

When does it go too far? My group are planning to take on a CR 18 dragon at level 9 and have devised a way of doing enough damage to take it down in a turn or so, based on the fact the dragon doesn't know they're coming or hell even that they exist and is basically kicking back in his lair being a dragon, so they got surprise and they're willing to pour tens of thousands of GP of their WBL into equipment that will only really be useful for this one job and then never again on the logic that they'll get enough make up wonga from its lair.

Should I allow it, or is it faggotry?
Or am I being a faggot for thinking of disallowing it because they might get slaughtered or might get an absurd amount of cash well out of line with their WBL.
>>
>>43876904
Body horror, infestation, corruption, parasites, monsters being born explosively from people, mutants, shapechangers, giant mosquito cuddling, folk dancing...
>>
File: God Emperor Hobgoblin.png (308 KB, 1302x774) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Hobgoblin.png
308 KB, 1302x774
Here is my BBEG for my current campaign, which heavily features a war between Drow and Hobgoblins.

Tech is very much a thing in this game, and Hobgoblins worship their own God Emperor.

Yes, it is a blatant rip off of 40k, even though my knowledge of 40k is limited to "Overcompensating manly man men doing manly things like men, in power armor."

I still need his weapons, but he's nearly finished.

Can anyone think of anything to improve this BBEG?
>>
>>43876980
Let them, then tell us the story.
>>
>>43876967
The race-specific favored class bonus. The ability to take class features would be a bit overpowered, don't you think?
>>
>>43876922
Well let's be honest, Elsbeth is well-drawn, entertaining, sounds like a fun character, and looks quite sexy. She's not immediately fetishy other than her huge breasts so she's not explicitly Magical Realm; that means it's up to us, her fans, to fill in the blanks with what we desire.

Honestly, she's the perfect storm of a good character. If Paizo wrote and drew more cuties like Elsbeth, maybe their writing wouldn't be as bad.
>>
>>43876922
Qlippoth should get anyone all hot and bothered, Elsbeth is no exception.
>>
>>43876986
Oh, also attractive women bathing naked in fetid ponds brimming with squirming larvae and/or being clothed entirely in small insects.
>>
File: 1430880214422.jpg (27 KB, 508x524) Image search: [Google]
1430880214422.jpg
27 KB, 508x524
>>43876986
>>43877029
>>
>>43877060
It was a weird module.
>>
>>43876986
>folk dancing
You are a sick man.
>>
>>43877060
>not having all the patrician fetishes
I bet you only find azata sexy.
>>
>>43877020
>>43877105
>acting like your subjective tastes should be objective
Even if you think you're being ironic, you're still garbage.
>>
File: 1145866972.gif (796 KB, 320x286) Image search: [Google]
1145866972.gif
796 KB, 320x286
>>43876986
>folk dancing
>>
>>43877133
>he doesn't want a multiple tentacle blowjob from a nyogoth
>>
>>43877169
How would that even work?
>>
File: Aisling.jpg (27 KB, 263x533) Image search: [Google]
Aisling.jpg
27 KB, 263x533
>>43876687
This, anon >>43876959
>>
>>43877226
why is she blonde
>>
>>43877179
they have mouths on the ends of their tentacles, so it would probably just start sucking away with a few of them and dirty talk you with it's big one.
>>
File: It's magic.jpg (56 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
It's magic.jpg
56 KB, 720x479
>>43877179
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 251x201
>>43877179
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.png (267 KB, 654x914) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.png
267 KB, 654x914
>>43876986
>>
>>43877276
nice
>>
>>43877276
And saved.
>>
>>43877276
>Player asks if he is allowed to worship a daemonic harbinger
>>
How would you optimize an animal companion?
>>
>>43877565
Hunter 10, then go into Mammoth Rider for the rest of your levels. gives you access to animal Growth, Strong Jaw, and a slew of other animal focused buffs and the ability to take teamwork feats to grant them directly to your companion, increasing its potency immensely. getting it to huge size also helps.

Just make sure you take the Narrow Frame feat on it and if necessary the Squeeze spell, so the big thing can fit in dungeons.
>>
>>43877720
K. what feats should i take to optimize an animal companion? im going something kinda off the beaten path.. going fighter with some feats to get an animal companion Nature Soul>Animal Ally>Boon Companion. need some more feats.
>>
Does Sworn Protector Warder's "Shared Counter" actually consume the counter? It doesnt explicitly say so, so I am unsure.
>>
>>43876980
Look at the int score of that dragon. Look at it's age. A dragon doesn't reach CR18 by having an undefended lair. The lair of a dragon that level should be a dinky cave a group can just stroll in, it should be a dungeon in it's own rights, with it's half dragon children, it's kobold worshippers, it's paid mercenaries and guard monsters, and the sleeping chambers/trasure room protected by the best traps money can buy, all inside a cave/fortress with outer of stone ten feet deep at the most thin so it blocks any divination. The dungeon should be something that would take a 18th level party to go through.

Then let your players go at it. Let them learn with their skin why CR18 creatures are CR18.

By the time they reach the dragon surprise has been blown five days ago, their gear and abilities have been spent in the first couple of rooms, they are all low on HP maybe with one or two deaths. Then, if your players want to cut and run instead of dying, a 18th level party walks in, ressurrects the dead and heals the living, pats them in the head and sends them out of the dungeon.
>>
>>43877784
Try Evolved Companion. It'll let you apply evolutions to your pet, ala an eidolon, which can make otherwise crappy animal choices into powerhouses (you have not known fear until you're seen a clawed horse chase a bird up a cliff). the feat requires Charisma 13 though.

If you go with a large cat (like a tiger or lion) or an allosaurus, make certain that it has a lot of grappling feats. the reason for this is because they can initiate a grapple any time they attack and they also have pounce, making them devastating against anything that lacks freedom of movement.
>>
>>43877923
a dragon reaches CR 18 by growing old, by that point it probably does want to live in an undefended cave just so it doesn't have to manage a shit ton of minions.
Like an old guy retiring.
>>
I kinda want to run a one-shot tonight. Anyone interested?
>>
>>43877923
I think whether a dragon has a legion of half-dragon children and kobold worshipers and etc. depends a lot on what kind of dragon it is and its personality. Not everyone's gonna bother with that.
>>
>>43877995
what kind of one-shot?
>>
>>43877792
It says you must "have an immediate action available to initiate a counter" so I suppose you're still initiating the counter, with all that entails.
>>
>>43878036
A shot that is only once
>>
File: YGstLyM.png (57 KB, 247x323) Image search: [Google]
YGstLyM.png
57 KB, 247x323
>>43877995
>>
>>43877995
Maybe

Where do you stand on daevics
>>
>>43877720
Is Hunter tier 3?
>>
>>43878001
True, but anon didnt specify the type of dragon, so I assume a cromatic. Other types of dragon would have other types of protection, but any dragon of that CR is gonna be a super-inteligent, ancient, vastly wealthy being with numerous and powerful enemies, and is going to have defenses ready so they can fend off a sudden attack by other powerful creatures. A Gold dragon fully expects to be attacked by an Awakened Demilich with an army of undead. A Red expects a group of 18th level clerics, paladins and knights to come asking about a princess. An Imperial will be ready for some trumped up Onis. The dungeon may not be filled with minions but it WILL be something designated to fuck with other CR18 enemies so the dragon can have a fighting chance. A 9th level party should not be able to go through that dungeon much less reach the dragon.
>>
>>43877002
To be fair, though, the tits are really fucking fetishy.
>>
>>43878405
Indeed it is. Hunter is probably the most balanced 1pp class in the game at the moment, striding alongside alchemist.
>>
>>43878471
Eh, they're well within the realm of human possibility.

They're big tits, but they're not monstrously, fetishistically huge

They're just big tits, and liking big tits isn't really a 'fetish'. It's not all that extreme an expression of sexual interest.
>>
>>43877995
What kind are we talking, just a dungeon? What level?
>>
>>43878490
What makes animal companion good when anyone else can get it?
>>
>>43878528
>Eh, they're well within the realm of human possibility.
I'd like to emphasize this for a moment - people sometimes complain about characters in stories or games that have massivehuge tits, claiming they're unrealistic. In the apartment two floors above mine, though, there's a woman with J-cups that honestly enjoys flaunting them when she gets the chance.

Players choosing to have their characters be strangely sexy in 'fetishistic' ways should be allowed as long as it doesn't disrupt the game table. PCs are meant to be exceptional, even among adventurers, and physical appearance plays a part in that.
>>
>>43878405
Yes, the tricks it has with the Animal Companion make him as deadly in combat as any Fighter and most Barbarians, plus the AC can have its out of combat uses (tracking, scouting, more depending on the AC), he has six skillpoints/level, and he gain some pretty good skill bonus, including Perception. He is also a 6 level caster even and his spell list has some nice discounted stuff from the ranger.
>>
>>43878606
Combination of Teamwork Feats, spells, ranger stuffs.

It turns your AC into a beast.
>>
>>43877995
Ehh sure.
>>
>>43878630
How is it vs. an inquisitor?
>>
>>43878528
I think it's more that large breasts are just sort of normal these days in comparison to other sex related stuff. We're desensitized to that sort of thing. A lot of normies still freak out, though.

There really isn't anything wrong with a character being sexually attractive, though.
>>
>>43877226
Hey Gareth, how does warpath follower work if I have no deity, just a philosophy?
>>
>>43878606
At least seven free feats, several extra tricks known, empathic link as a familiar, free ressurrections for the AC, and Animal Focus, which is basically a free belt of +Con and +Str for the Animal Companion.
>>
>>43878606
Hunter gets:
>Animal Aspect
>The entire companion list to choose from, including an archetype that allows for vermin
>The chance to get literally every animal buff spell in the game spell levels 1-6, drawn from both the druid and ranger spell lists (some of which are astonishingly good)
>the ability to add teamwork feats to the animal, who typically has feats as a weak point.

It allows them to be versatile and powerful without serious problems. The class also has basically everything Ranger has, with the exception of favored enemy (narrowly useful) and combat styles (which are a decent tradeoff for the teamwork feats)

>>43878688
inquisitor... well, the inquisitor focuses less on the animal and more on themselves. If you want a companion focused character, hunter is the way to go. If you just want a dude that happens to have a companion, thematically Inquisitor fits better.
>>
>>43878734
Inquisitor gets bonus feats too.
>>
>>43877002
>not immediately fetishy
>a cute chubby blonde half-elf not being immediately fetishy
>>
>>43878745
For the record, when I talk about the inquisitor having a companion, I'd assumed you meant the Sacred Huntsmaster Inquisitor, which gets teamwork feats and the companion feat proliferation to go with their animal companion.

If you mean base inquisitor... well, inquisitor always felt kinda weak to me, but weak in the way bard is - hidden depths, but I just don't care enough to plumb said depths. The class has never appealed.
>>
File: Barbarian.jpg (218 KB, 633x624) Image search: [Google]
Barbarian.jpg
218 KB, 633x624
>>43878733
Off-the-cuff-not-official-Gareth-Is-Drunk Answer: how those two classes normally fucking work in those cases.

Official answer: linked it to Elric, he'll be here shortly.

Weeeeee drunk!
>>
>>43877995
Yes. What level?
>>
>>43878755
Ah, Sacred Huntmaster. Yeah, it steals everything from the Hunter, but that has nothing at all to do with the Hunters tier. Hunter is a solid tier 3.
>>
>>43878528
>They're big tits, but they're not monstrously, fetishistically huge

They're kind of massive, anon, in fact I would call them monstrously huge.

The only reason I'm not calling them fetishistic however is the rest of Elsbeth is pretty chunky, which fits with her having huge jugs.

That said, there's nothing wrong with sexually attractive characters, in fact I wish sometimes my players would bother giving their characters some cleavage or chiseled features because holy fuck is it hard to get NPCs flirting with them when they're just blobs of killing potential.
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>43878623

>tfw the only character I can remember playing with that had anything larger than a hum-drum C was a Kitsune Oracle in a game of Jade Regent
>tfw I only inferred that because she was based on Ahri
>>
>>43878733
>>43878836
I have been driving for the last 7 hours and I'm on my phone. You need to be way more specific what the issue is anon or I can't help you.

In fact, y'all could stand to be a lot more specific about issues in general. Apologies if that sounds cranky.
>>
>>43878946
Probably stuff like 'what your deity's favored weapon is when you don't have a deity'
>>
>>43878887
>tfw I make all of my characters explicitly ugly as fuck
>>
>>43878887
I always try to give my characters a bit of description that makes them attractive, but not overly so. Breaks the ice enough for flirting, and the NPCs stay for the personality. That's the plan, anyways.

Also, if you need a way to get the flirting going, I'd recommend requesting that each of your players provides a brief description of their character somewhere on their sheet. then you can design an NPC that likes that sort of person, which will inevitably draw them into more roleplaying.
>>
>>43878965
Whatever weapon you choose spend your weapon focus feat on. That's why you have Weapon Focus as a bonus feat.>>43878965
>>
>>43878924
Try branching out a bit more sometime. There's nothing wrong with it unless, like I said, it disrupts the flow of the game.

Boobs are okay, Anon. I encourage big boobs.
>>
How do I make the dankest Psychic Armory Soulknife? Game is 5th level, anything is allowed.
>>
>>43878887
>just blobs of killing potential.

That sounds like a problem of them being uninteresting more than them lacking character descriptions.
>>
>>43878924
I played a half elven titty monster lovers daevic with a Doppelganger lover once, then the campaign died.
>>
>>43879052
One level dip in monk, or any class that gives wis to AC. It's the greatest thing.
>>
File: Nyx_&_Funikura.jpg (457 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
Nyx_&_Funikura.jpg
457 KB, 850x1133
>>43878887
Funny story.

I once played in a game as pic related, but somehow the DM managed to have never actually looked at my character sheet and just went by the image she saw on the homebrew class' page. http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?153536-Tooth-and-Tentacle-base-class-PEACH

So the DM spent the entire campaign thinking I was playing a loli, which in retrospect is even weirder because said character was in a romantic relationship with what was hinted to be an anatomically correct warforged at one point.
>>
Why does everyone act like the magus is good? It is incredibly complex, burns though resources quickly, has a shit spell list and ends up dying a lot if It actually tries to fight. Warpriests are basically better in every way.
>>
>>43879373
So you're saying you suck at the game.
>>
>>43878623
But when the 300 pound smelly guy across from me describes his character by the class, the level, and the cup size it gets really really uncomfortable.

Normal people can be mature about this stuff. People who play pathfinder cant.
>>
>>43879405
I liked the part where you showed how the magus isn't shit.
>>
>>43879449
More accurately, the people who you play pathfinder with can't.

As I said, it has to be nondisruptive to the table. that's a different threshold for different groups.
>>
>>43879373
They're good for burst damage. If you're dying or running out of spells then you're doing it wrong.
>>
File: 1436595787434.gif (177 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1436595787434.gif
177 KB, 640x360
>>43878887

>tfw we jokingly rolled 2d6 for dick size in a campaign
>tfw my scruffy outdoorsman got a 12
>>
>>43879527
>burst damage
>1d6/level +1d6+dex damage to a single target that you started 5 feet from
>1d6+dex+1d6+dex to a target you are 25+5feet/level from
>burst damage
>>
>>43879579
3d4-2 is a better aproximation
>>
>>43879579
I'm sure he'll make some giant woman very happy someday.
>>
>>43879588
Except you're going to use a keen rapier or scimitar or whatever it doesn't fucking matter and you're going to crit and you're going to deal double damage from your fucking shocking grasp.
>>
>>43879485
>Burden of Proof
>>
>>43879449

As with any Pathfinder campaign, your mileage may vary.

I've played games with people who seemed like the creepiest motherfuckers ever when they'd describe their character, while in another I didn't skip a beat when they mentioned their character's ample bust and swaying hips.

It's all about the build-up to those moments, I guess is what I'm trying to say. If the player or DM has been solid up until that point and you guys have made your fair share of jokes beforehand, it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
File: made-saw-played_summoner.jpg (167 KB, 1022x493) Image search: [Google]
made-saw-played_summoner.jpg
167 KB, 1022x493
>>43877995
Room for one more?
When do you plan on running it?
How do you feel about Summoners?
>>
>>43879624
on tripple 1, it's actually a big clit
>>
>>43879731

He wound up with the Elven Alchemist who was apparently a size queen.
>>
>>43879776
and because that only happens. 1.5% of the time, that actually makes sense no?
>>
>>43879624
For a gnome maybe.
>>
>>43879776
Those exist.
>>
>>43879742
So one third of the time you might deal double damage?
So what?
The other two thirds of the time you didn't and then you get face-raped by the troll you just charged.
>>
>>43879624
>2015
>Not getting a magic item of alter self
>>
>>43879886

Size is overrated, as long as you've got 7 inches you're in the golden zone.

What you really want are all the add-ons you could slap onto that bad boy.
>>
>>43877995
If you want feel like you got too much people. I can always just take some of those folk off your hands, and I can host a game for /tg/ tonight. Eh.
>>
>>43879969
I mostly use it so my half elven arcanist can breed with attractive princesses that she otherwise couldn't due to obvious reasons
>>
>>43878734
>>43878745
Were teamwork feats ever good?
>>
>>43879975
"I'm sorry your DM is busy, maybe I could be your DM tonight."
>>
File: God Emperor Hobgoblin.png (321 KB, 1300x774) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Hobgoblin.png
321 KB, 1300x774
Can I get comments/suggestions on this BBEG?
Same as>>43876988, but now updated with primary weapons added.
>>
File: tumblr_na2vkovFDS1sfm8cyo1_1280.jpg (309 KB, 1056x712) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_na2vkovFDS1sfm8cyo1_1280.jpg
309 KB, 1056x712
>>43880165
sorry?
>>
>>43880160
Teamwork feats are bad in normal situations, where you have to force your allies to take them too.

when you automatically have a teamwork buddy, they become a hell of a lot better.
>>
Is there any way for a druid to get around the no-metal bullshit and wear adamantine armor without being shat on? 3.p + 3pp allowed with GM approval, rather not houserule it.
>>
>>43880221
Dragonhide Armor is your friend.
>>
>>43880221
you won't be wearing adamantine, but Dragonscale/Dragonhide and Ironwood is the best way to work it for a druid.
>>
>>43880259
>>43880377
Adamantine isn't negotiable, I'm afraid. We're using the armor as DR system and I want to get my hands on that DR/-.
>>
>>43880413
Then we can't help you. The only way for you to get this is to houserule it or play a different class.
>>
>>43880413
You're boned no matter what mate. DR simply scales rather poorly later on.
>>
>>43880413
Looking at the Armor as DR rules, I'm not seeing anything that makes Adamant armor different to usual. Still only gives the 3/- DR.

You weren't thinking it made the entirety of its DR into DR/- were you?
>>
Ok, hey guys. I'm the one who was gonna run the one shot. Still thinking about it at the moment. I did plan out what's gonna happen.

The general plot is you're all in a mercenary company. I'll give you choices on the company to start out. The one shot is gonna center around the siege of a particular city and all of your role in it. You're on the trail of a large conflict that has embroiled the entire north east coast.

Level 3 seems like a good place to be at. You're required to be the kind of people to join a mercenary company.

The game will be played via text as well. Allowed material? Hmmm... yeah I don't care, go fucking wild with DSP shit. Post characters and I will yeah or nay them. I am gonna do it on who I can see joining up.
>>
>>43880507
A Kineticist
>>
File: armor composition as DR.png (11 KB, 549x192) Image search: [Google]
armor composition as DR.png
11 KB, 549x192
Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

>>43880445
Yeah, I've been considering that.

>>43880468
I'm crafting so I hope I can get it early on and use magic for other defenses later on.

>>43880503
Well... yes. That's what it says. See picture.
>>
Anyone know if the DSP Mech playtest stuff is gonna get an archetype for the Gunslinger? Cuz it totally should.
>>
>>43880507
So what are the stat generation rules and whatnot? You said "Post characters I like", but certain characters don't work well within various stat allocations.
>>
HEY DSP

WHY DO YOU HATE THE GRAMMATON

Seriously I've asked the same question every thread for like twelve threads now and gotten no reply

It's cool though I know y'all are busy but it's just weird when you're answering other questions.
>>
File: 1448603466477.png (722 KB, 878x743) Image search: [Google]
1448603466477.png
722 KB, 878x743
>>43880595
Honestly because I missed the question at first, and then further because I didn't write it and it has some RAW issues sufficient to need FAQing and wording errata.

I'm drunk and away from book. Paste me the ability in question and I'll drunkenly parse the RAW for you.
>>
>>43880589
>>43880507
Good point. Just do it as 20 point buy. Grabbing a trip too
>>
>>43880632
Starting at 10th level, the grammatons learns how to channel her disrupt pattern into vicious melee attacks through her guns. She can use her guns to perform melee attacks that deal 1d6 points of bludgeoning damage plus the base disrupt pattern damage, with a critical multiplier of 20/x2. The damage from enhanced disruption is not included in these attacks. This use of disrupt pattern is not limited to once per round.

For each successful melee attack made with a handgun, if that gun is loaded, the grammatons can make a free ranged attack with that handgun against the creature struck. These ranged touch attacks do not provoke attacks of opportunity.

RAW, it doesn't care about the size of the firearm, and it doesn't mention treating the firearm as a light weapon

That's mostly unusual because it puts it out of phase with every other 'use a gun to hit a motherfucker' rule out there, so I'm curious about the RAI.
>>
File: 1447944312728.jpg (44 KB, 474x960) Image search: [Google]
1447944312728.jpg
44 KB, 474x960
>>43880686
I cannot speak to the RAI, as no one currently online designed this. I'll kick it at Bossman: Yar Har Deedle De De and see what his thoughts are.
>>
I am not especially sold on the hunter by teamwork feats on the animal companion (the cavalier can hand them out somewhat frequently, and that does not stop the class from being lower-tier). Animal Focus is not especially astounding-looking either considering that it does not stack with enhancement bonuses from items.

That leaves the spell list, then. Can someone point out the best spells available to the hunter through the druid and discounted-ranger list? That is what will settle whether or not the hunter is in tier 3 or simply in high tier 4 for me.

>>43879052
>>43879134

I would avoid the monk dip and work with a plain soulknife (gifted blade, psychic armory, war soul). You should already have sufficient AC from Inertial Armor, and you would not want to spoil the maneuver and initiator level progression from being a war soul.

I would strongly recommend taking either the Cunning Liar regional trait for Wisdom-based Bluff, or Skill Focus (Diplomacy) and Diabolical Negotiator for Wisdom-based Diplomacy. That should give you a viable role out of combat while still allowing you to serve as a terrifying artillery unit.

Remember to take the Trickshot Soul trait for a +1 trait bonus to all of your psychic armory attack rolls, and to gain the Elemental Flux discipline (either through the Unorthodox Method trait or the Cagebreaker Brotherhood martial tradition) for Elemental Nimbus stance, which should add a considerable amount of damage.
>>
>>43880507
What day you gonna run this on? Tonight?
>>
>>43880507
Is it set in Golarion?
>>
>a reformed fiend
how would you use them in your campaign?
would you want to use one as a PC?
>>
>>43880507
Can I use Tiefling variants without burning a feat? I think one of the later publications got rid of the feat requirement but I'm not sure
>>
Shit, forgot my trip

>>43880782
Nah.

>>43880736
Maybe? I'm not committal.
>>
>>43880796
NPCs exclusively. No.

>>43880821
Yes, unless your GM is a massive cunt.
>>
>>43880821
Blood Of Fiends got rid of the requirement, yes.
>>
>>43880821
Paizo removed the feat requirment.
>>
>>43880507
Expendable Gnoll shocktrooper mercenary. Probably Steelfist Commando for class. It's a pity that the race is shit.
>>
>>43880632
Hey, Gareth, quick question.

Is there any plan to add the Nightmare's (PoW Dread) improved Aura of Fear to the base Dread as a reliable and intrinsic way to get through Fear immunity really is something the Dread should have.
>>
>>43880841
A'ight so I'm probably gonna run an oni-spawn Bushi and go *unsheathes katana* on this because fuck it why not
>>
>>43880897
wait, no it wasn't that.

Fuck, I know there was an archetype that let the aura remove Mind-Immunity for the Dread....
>>
>>43880796
I would jump at the chance to play as a redeemed fiend.
>>
>>43880970

Was it a stance?
>>
>>43880821
Yeah sure.
>>
>>43880970
I think it was like a feat or somesuch.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.