[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much healing potion would I need to pour into a twenty-five-thousand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 32034.jpg (128 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
32034.jpg
128 KB, 750x563
How much healing potion would I need to pour into a twenty-five-thousand square mile lake to imbue it with healing properties?
>>
File: 1410124520346.jpg (49 KB, 549x592) Image search: [Google]
1410124520346.jpg
49 KB, 549x592
>no depth value
thats where all the water is, the surface doesn't matter
>>
>>43575924

Potion floats on water?
>>
>>43575873
We can assume that potions have the smallest concentration enough to work. There is no way to make it heal if you dissolve it more.
>>
>>43575873
>9000
>>
>>43575955
that actually seems pretty reasonable
>>
>>43575873
Well, health potions are made by harvesting stem cells from Cestoda Arcanis, part of their natural reproductive cycle. Making health potions is so tedius because every worm has to be kept seperate, else the stem cells will be absorbed by other worms. But you also have to let them bifricate. Tricky business.

You could try genetically splicing in parasitic dna, packaging it into cast off stem cells and then culturing the new strain. Then youll have to pay the fishermen to infect their harvests and cast them back into the lake. Due to the healing properties, the fish should survive with the infections, but bioaccumulation means the fish would be mildly toxic to humans. There are of course ways to purge the body of cestoda arcanis, a lucratuve business you could start.

And what this all means is you can now control the healing properties of the near surface water by controlling the amount of ether passing through it, I assume youre able to make permanent portals to the positively aligned ethereal plane. If course, changes in ether will take a year or two to come into effect. Side effects include "direing" of the local marine life, potentially explosive crystalline deposition in the silt, infection of connected water systems, angry druids, and probably a visit from the ethics comittee to celebrate.
>>
>>43575873
You'd need to keep puring it constantly, as life within would keep filtering it out of water by drinking it all.
>>
wouldn't it be better to create a healing potion fountain on the bottom of the lake?
>>
>>43576858
Now this is wizard posting.
>>
>>43575873
Just get an epic level paladin to lay on hands the lake
>baka
>>
>>43575873
What we really need is a monster that lives in the health-potion lake. It can only be defeated with a one-shot, since it instantly heals any injury short of death.
>>
File: DOTS.png (266 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
DOTS.png
266 KB, 400x300
>>43575873
Exactly 3,711,945,620,418 gallons of it. For every potion, every lake, in every setting, with every set of magic rules that can possibly be conceived.
It is impossible to write about a setting where this isn't the case. Your pen will inexplicably fail to produce the words.
>>
File: mockingbird the risk.jpg (30 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
mockingbird the risk.jpg
30 KB, 500x352
>>43578698
My setting would take 3,711,945,620,419 liters
>>
A potion is a precise mixture

The ingredients are not usually created out of thin air, and the results are usually still just a solution of water or oil and substrate

The potion must be contained, naturally, or it will be contaminated

You would need just as much potion as there is water in the lake to make a lake of potion but who knows what would happen if that much healing potion is exposed to an ecosystem

Likely a fucked up new one will form pretty quick

There's also a more reasonable scenario where diluted potion still has a small effect (maybe the real deal is like wolverine regen), and over time dosing the lake causes a microbial infestation or something
>>
>>43575873
1 Bottle.

As long as it was big enough.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.