[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: 3388106-8767927712-d00.p.png (88 KB, 510x438) Image search: [Google]
3388106-8767927712-d00.p.png
88 KB, 510x438
Pathfinder General /pfg/

How does Riven Hourglass work?

If you are asking for build advice, please mention if any third-party books are allowed, and if so, which.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
http://pastebin.com/HwxEjiKW

Previous: >>43556078
>>
How many rounds can you move in the frozen time?
>>
What's a good weapon for a swashbuckler?
>>
>>43561781
Well first of all, don't be a swashbuckler, be a daring champion cavalier instead.
I was always a fan of the Rapier myself, Estoc ist nice too although exotic, of course you could also dervish dance with a scimitar.
>>
>>43561781
any light or one handed slashing weapon.
>>
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RnvxfcyHuFN86Sj4dNn6SsX_8RxEuOMNS8JuY8OJZ3Y/edit?usp=sharing
threadly shilling for my autismal kineticist revamp and possible feedback.

>>43561781
Scimitar with slashing grace, rapier with piercing grace. Also, 19 levels in a class that doesn't suck.
>>
>>43561899
This bait is getting nastier every thread. Pretty soon we're going to be reaching "gunslinger is OP" levels of b8
>>
>>43561947
Nope. I chose my words specifically. They do too much damage. This doesn't even imply they are OP because damage means fuckall after level 8.
>>
I was asking a few threads ago, what I should use to make a kind of pyromancer. I read up on the oracle and quite enjoy what I've read as it fits with what I had in mind myself. The dualism of fire, etc.

But it doesnt have as much force behind it as I would like so I'm still keen on the idea of multiclassing, in this case starting out as a druid to get the fire power and then having a revelation and branching out into oracle for some more healing spells and overall fire abilities.

Now the thing is how many levels I should put into each class. Reaching level 20 in any class is out of the question and turning into animals isnt really what I want to do with my druid.

Should I just go about 50/50?
>>
>>43561959
So what you mean is, "Martials do too little other than damage, and need other options as well". Correct?
>>
>>43561959
Martials don't do too much damage if the only thing they can do is damage.
>>
>>43561980
Sure

I didn't offer a solution, just stating a fact. Well build martials end encounters way to easily.
>>
>>43561960
No, absolutely not. Going a little into druid then oracle will REDUCE your firepower, not improve it.
Pick one class and stick with it unless you plan to take a very strange build or a prestige class that advances both.
>>
Guys, me and a few friends want to get into pen and paper games and we were thinking of Pathfinder.

Is it a wise choice an if yes what exactly would we need to buy?

If this information is in the pastebin, sorry I must have missed it.
>>
>>43562011

It's not a wise choice, but the answer is nothing. All the stuff is free legally on here http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
>>
>>43561960
If you're going to throw around lots of fire, assuming PF core, remember to pick up the trait for +1 fire/die, and look into the Diabolist prestige, which lets you use Hellfire instead of fire, half of which will pierce resistances and immunities. Those two shouldn't be hard to slot in and can make a big difference.
>>
So has anyone played a Pathfinder game where the world was the result of a large number of being a high level, instead of just the occasional individual reaching them.

Think a world where all the crazy ideas that groups of high leveled players actually succeed and revolutionize how the world runs ( the various theories on this board for instance ).
>>
>>43562004
What exactly makes me lose firepower?
>>
>>43561996
Being insufficient in one area is not licence to be too good in another. That is just terrible balance.

>>43562011
>wise choice?
Debatable. Very. But I guess. Stay low level until you really know what is gong on.

>buy something
Between YAPCG and http://www.d20pfsrd.com/ you can basically play the game for free.

>>43562019
>remember to pick up the trait for +1 fire/die
which trait is this?

>>43562024
Enjoy simulacrum clone armies
>>
>>43562032
Lower levels of spells and class abilities, as well as requiring you to split your attributes between two different casting stats.
>>
Anyone know where I can find adventure path torrents/pdfs online? I am looking for Iron Gods (Just the first one, Path of Fire) but it seems to have been taken down from literally everywhere.

Does anyone have it or know where to find it?
>>
>>43562055
4+3chan has all that you need.
>>
>>43562011
That depends. Pathfinder is very poorly balanced, and some of the rules are flat out a clusterfuck, but it's not bad if you and your players are willing to put in the work.

like >>43562018 said everything is available free and legally on the site.

>>43562032
rule #1 of optimization, don't trade out caster levels.

>>43562043
>Being insufficient in one area is not licence to be too good in another. That is just terrible balance.
"Too good" is not accurate. They do a lot of damage, but that doesn't automatically make them too good at combat in general. It was easier when you had your name on because I could just filter your stupidity.
>>
>>43562032
Separate casting progressions. Sometimes you'll get a prestige class that advances two of them each level, but most of the time, you're a useless gimp twice over.

>>43562043
Pyromancer. It's a racial for the Aasimar that you can get from the Adopted trait. Is this PF core, 3pp, or 3.pf?
>>
>>43562073
>use name
>bitch
>don't use name
>bitch
Well i really don't know what to do now.

But to your post, Actually yes, they are too good at combat. If you use the actual CR guidelines that the book is actually supposedly built around, then well built martials just wipe the floor with most things.
>>
>>43562024
Yes? Most of the time in fact. I take inspiration from things like Greyhawk, so every town has its patron high level.
Even in golarion, most small towns have at least one character of 8th level or higher, whilst big cities will have 5+ level 13 or highers.

As for level 17+ in my setting at least there are thousands that are from the material plane, with the majority being on planar adventures. Conquering the material plane means having to contend with the CR 26 mythic creatures that live there (there are around 9 of those, all of which are very well known and essentially demigods), so most of my adventurers are in other planes collecting treasure and trying to become mythic instead.
>>
>>43562065
Not for long. Sounds like they're having some trouble with the trolls and the contributors over there.
>>
>>43562110
Daily reminder that the game world doesn't make sense if any arcane caster is over level 12.
>>
>>43562032
Think of it this way. If you have two jobs, you get taxed harder than if you have one job you get paid twice as much for.
>>
reposting in new thread

>>43561198
>The psionic classes are balanced off the premise of having roughly four encounters per day of a difficulty equal to the average party level.

>While this isn’t the only way to have a game, it is the general standard. You can use the chart below to see how many encounters would be balanced against the system. The goal is to have an Encounters per Day value of 4.
>>
So DM just told us to use starting max gold x2 for our lvl 1 characters.

So I've got 360 gold with a barbarian. Anything of interest I could afford? I picked up a breastplate instead of hide but wondering if there's something else minor I could fit in.
>>
>>43562106
I think the common theme with people bitching at you might not be your name, it might be the fact that everything you post is pure shit and devoid of any worthwhile insight, while also thoroughly proving how little you know about the tier system and balance.
>>
>>43562125
By what logic? That a wizard would crash the economy?

Wizards who can create demiplanes and similar things DO those things. A demiplane is often a dungeon or feature of an adventure, or otherwise a physical equivalent like a labyrinth or big tower.

Binding Outsiders? Why do you think there are so many outsiders around? Making magic items cheaply and quickly? Where do you think they all come from?

Not to mention things like Inevitables, Aeons, Gods and countless other outsiders frequently meddle in the affairs of high level characters.
>>
>>43562087
>>43562073
>>43562052

So, its back to being a full on druid then.
Is there an archetype that trades in the transformation stuff?
Or maybe I should just go check out the sorcerer or mage...but the druid just seems more fitting...ugh
>>
>>43561198
CR -3 to -4 encounters count as 0.25 of an encounter for this purpose. please to be reading.
>>
>>43562179
Oracle, Shaman and Cleric can do some fire themed stuff if you want them to. Why do you think a druid has "more firepower"?
>>
>>43562179
What makes the Druid more fitting? Most of the time it's the Wildshaping that people want from the class, but you want to trade it out. What's special about the Druid class that seems like it is a good choice for you?
>>
>>43562191
>>43562137
Shit.
What about the crafting stuff?
>>
>>43562043
I'm waiting for YAPCG to get the Occult stuff.
>>
>>43562162
Simulacrum abuse. Make half level copies of yourself for stupidly cheap and have them solve the worlds problems/destroy the world. If you are a sorcerer you need level 14, but your clones don't even need equipment.

>>43562154
I will admit I didn't understand the tier system. I though it was made based on the potential of a class, and not how well the average guy could build it. Also: I know someone breaching your hugbox hurts, but it IS actually good for you.
>>
Is there any way to make it so that when unconscious, i automatically appear dead? So i won't get coup de graced.
>>
>>43562179
I think Shaman is maybe what you are looking for. Has the same nature theme you want and is better at firepower than the druid
>>
>>43562065
Thanks for the recommendation, but I'm still not finding it. I got the list of every Adventure Path EXCEPT Iron Gods. Then again I don't frequent the site so the format is throwing me off.
>>
>>43562216
maybe ask your GM if you can design a custom item of Illusion of Calm?

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/i/illusion-of-calm
>>43562201
>>
>>43562201
man am I bad at this posting thing. anyway, I think you're supposed to just ignore that particular rule dysfunction, because it's pretty clear you can't craft items without doing so
>>
What would you choose to build with 18/17/16/16/12/12 ability scores? Something shitty because you can, or something wasteful because it wasn't the plan?
>>
>>43562197
>>43562192
Just the image of a raggety, shaggy, smelly guy from some dirty swamp or distant forest worshipping fire from a more basic and feral perspective and not by worshipping one specific fire god is what first got me to look at the druid instead of going with the cleric.
Also from what I can see the druid has more access to fire related spells especially if I add the domain of fire onto that.

This isnt really a minmaxing decision Im trying to make, but rather getting the idea from my head into the game without just sucking too hard in the long run.
>>
>>43562264
I'd build a gish.
>>
>>43562264
Any time this happens I work at building a mundane warrior who finds ways to use high mentals.
>>
>>43562264
An Oracle.

If you have the stats to do it, a MAD-as-fuck Oracle is literally one of the best things you can build out of it. Especially if you have the freedom of choosing a good race for other stuff than good stats. A fightan-type oracle who can max the crap out of his charisma and still have stronk stats in all other lines is a force to be reckoned with both once and twice.
>>
>>43562209
Oh, so you don't mean "the world makes no sense if theres 12th level casters" you mean "the world makes no sense if this one specific spell is well known".

Because those are two very different things.

Honestly if someone is spamming Simulacrum like that then they will quickly develop enemies appropriate to their level of power. Tar-Baphon had armies including thousands of undead spellcasters, he still lost. No reason a simulacrum equivalent character wouldn't also lose.

I'd suspect in Golarion Razmir does have tons of simulacrums everywhere. He just cant openly use them without getting some axiomite fuck to team up with an archon and stab them.
>>43562266
Okay, there's nothing min-maxing here buddy. If you want to shoot fire, pick something that shoots fire. Don't pick two things that shoot fire and suck at both, pick one.

Shamans have the fire mystery, shamans are crazy mudhut retards who speak to spirits, in this case it would be the spirit of fire. Fire gives you a pet, an animal that tells you to burn things.
>>
>>43562321
A character with simulacrum has unlimited free wishes. I'm not sure how you stop that.
>>
>>43562266
How about Shaman?
>>
>>43562264
I'd be something that takes exact use of those abilities. A cavalier, maybe? an initiator/manifester?
>>
>>43562321
I think a Shaman can inflict fire vulnerabilities onto things, so it's a really nice feeling. Everything burns.
>>
>>43562266
>Just the image of a raggety, shaggy, smelly guy from some dirty swamp or distant forest worshipping fire from a more basic and feral perspective and not by worshipping one specific fire god is what first got me to look at the druid instead of going with the cleric.
Might I suggest Shaman, then? They're an Oracle/Witch combination that fills that role pretty well.
>>
>>43562332
I'm looking into it at the moment. Had to look for it, as the shaman wasnt on the german pathfinder wiki.
>>
>>43562311
I think that fighter1clericX would be better myself. Prepared>spontaneous and all that.

>>43562321
>Oh, so you don't mean "the world makes no sense if theres 12th level casters" you mean "the world makes no sense if this one specific spell is well known".
well...only one caster needs it. And someone with a high enough INT should figure out the power.

>Honestly if someone is spamming Simulacrum like that then they will quickly develop enemies appropriate to their level of power. Tar-Baphon had armies including thousands of undead spellcasters, he still lost. No reason a simulacrum equivalent character wouldn't also lose.
>If the game rules don't work then a demon god kills you
This is a shit method to balance and you know it.
>>
>>43562364
Why not just use http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/shaman?
Literally all you need
>>
>>43562216
I invented a feat. Ask your GM.

--------------------------------

QUIETLY FALL

You've been trained to appear dead when you have fallen in combat.

Prerequisite(s): Deceitful, Bluff 5 ranks

Benefit: When you fall unconscious or are paralyzed, you appear to be dead to those around you. A Perception check (DC 20) will reveals the truth about your condition. Any individual that know you closely gets a +10 circumstantial bonus to tell whether or not you are alive. The deception is entirely a performance and any form of magic, such as deathwatch, will immediately reveal the truth.
>>
>>43562366
It sounds reasonable to me. If nobody can stop you, that leaves three choices.

A) The game ends. You win. Go home.

B) Everybody teams up to gank you and Azathoth eats your soul. Everyone dies, you double die, try again next week.

C) Somebody who can stand up to you does so, and the game proceeds as normal. Congratulations on declaring war on the sovereign lord of hell, hope you're ready.
>>
>>43561741
Are there PrCs/Feats to pump up the combat capabilities of Wild Shape?
Alongside that, are there any classes/archetypes besides Druid that can Wild Shape?
>>
>>43562441
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/hunter/archetypes/paizo---hunter-archetypes/feral-hunter
Hunter Archetype that can Wild Shape

Otherwise for feats, Improved Natural Attack I guess
>>
>>43562366
It's true that Clerics get some interesting stuff. What they don't get, however, is Revelations.

To make things more ridiculous there's a total of 3 revelations across 3 mysteries (lunar, lore, nature) that give you CHA to AC (and reflex or cmd to boot). Normally taking one of them means you can tank your dexterity and only suffer in terms of initiative, dex skills and the other pick of reflex-or-cmd that you didn't scale off CHA.
But if you have enough good stats to keep your Dex reasonable while also maxing the fuck out of your CHA, godlike things can be achieved. With the above statline I'd max the crap out of my CHA, STR and CON or perhaps INT in that order, putting the 12's in Wis/Dex. Go into DC/Lunar or something, and wreck faces.

Maybe it's just me, but the Oracle seems to be the jack-of-all-trades class that can be built into specializing in almost anything, besides also having access to the whole cleric spellist.
>>
>>43562487
>>43562441
There's also the Feral Shifter, which trades away your animal companion for the Hunter's Animal Focus, which can be decently-useful when you're already wildshaped.
>>
>>43562366
>>43562321
>>43562331
>If the game rules don't work a demon god kills you
No, its "if you become important and powerful a demon god fights you".
Chances are if someone does have an army of simulacrums, you don't know about it because he's probably conquered countless other worlds or planes but hasn't happened to reach this one yet.

Alternatively, this simulacrum wizard simply hasn't revealed himself so he doesn't attract any attention from those demon gods. With all those wishes and all that power he's surely capable of concealing himself and running the world from the shadows.

This isn't a situation of "the rules don't work" either. This is a situation of one rule being abusable, one spell. Anyway how does this unlimited free wishes thing work? You make a simulacrum of an Marid over and over? Even so you'd be limited in the number of wishes you have by how fast you can create those, though i suppose your simulacrums could wish for more simulacrums?

Honestly i look it this and go "sure, this guy exists and he's probably really powerful and owns multiple planes". But i don't see how it invalidates the idea of having any part of a setting be untouched by him. Ultimately such a being WOULD attract the attention of gods, not because of "lol gm fiat" but because they are so powerful, no different than any other powerful being.
>>
>>43562487
>>43562513
Ooh, neat. Thanks!
>>
>>43562436
My favorite house rule is that each simulacrum gives you once negative level as long is it exists. That and make it a ninth level spell.
>>
Shaman sounds pretty rad.
Even down to the faint smell of ashes.

I think we got a winner.
>>
>>43562541
If you're building a shaman do look into the Speaker for the Past archetype. It throws away some stuff, but it's not every day you get to add Time Stop and Disintegrate to your spell list.
>>
Divine caster capable of providing buffs for the party, while being frontline melee greatsword wielder. Battle Oracle? or Warpriest? Something else maybe?
>>
>>43562398
This is a crap feat. In what way does playing possum help you? Why is the DC so fucking low? 20 perception? A lucky Wis type with 1 skill of perception can spot you level one.

Why doesn't it scale? Why doesn't it grant a sneak attack bonus for breaking the charade and stabbing a fucker in the back?
>>
>>43562618
>Complaining about help
Fuck you man, not even that anon.
>>
>>43562618

That check is terrible, but it's kind of like the argument against ferocity. If you're standing you're a threat, and you'll die, if you're down on the ground, you'll live a bit longer and the enemy won't kill you.
>>
>>43562531
I mean its like Pun-Pun. Given enough time surely one being would work out how to become Pun-Pun in all his glory and power.
But someone who became Pun-Pun has inherently attracted the attention of several planar beings, gods and most notably Pazuzu.

It makes absolute sense that something comes and smites his ass. The battle between Pun-Pun and whatever cosmic epic thing he pissed off probably rages on in the background of any setting, but only cosmic beings know about it.
>>43562627
I'm the guy who asked for the help and i don't know why this other guy is complaining about a homebrew feat designed for me. I kinda agree the perception thing is odd, I'd have made it scale on disguise or something.
>>
>>43562614
Metal or Battle Oracle is probably your best bet on the buff side. Metal probably has the better fighty parts. If you're willing to go for a different weapon to swing or waste feats on proficiency, feel free to go with whatever other mystery you want. Lunar gives you a damn animal companion and Cha to AC/reflex, so you can safely invest all your shit in buffery and battling.

I haven't built any Warpriests myself, but it seems rather pointless to have a greatsword what with the whole Sacred Weapon mechanic.
>>
File: ze cronosveere.png (262 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
ze cronosveere.png
262 KB, 350x350
>>43561741
>how does riven hourglass work
>>
>>43562614
oracle of something fun 4/warlord 1/battle templar, if 3pp is allowed for Path of War. get a good buff game going on with casting, and hurt people with Scarlet Throne/help allies hurt people with Golden Lion
>>
>>43562627
>complaining about help
>fuck you man
>doesnt offer insight or help
>shiggy

Let me guess you think feat tax is a lovely idea.

How about this. Bluff check to play possum. DC check equal to level plus characters bluff.

Allies who can succeed the ruse gain a flanking bonus on the enemy

If the enemy is adjacent amd performs an action that would activate an attack of opportunity you may make an immediate attack of opportunity plus a sneak attack as a slayer of your level.
>>
>>43562716

Should of mentioned, no 3pp obviously.

>>43562685

I was originally playing a Barbarian but we just lost our divine caster, so I'm scrambling to find a way to maintain that barbarian smash kind of aesthetic, while becoming a divine caster.
>>
>>43561741
>Warder with Riven Hourglass vs Armorist with Time Sphere
>Star Platinum vs King Crimson
Sounds fun, would love to see it in action.
>>
File: Kleenex-small-box.jpg (469 KB, 1800x2300) Image search: [Google]
Kleenex-small-box.jpg
469 KB, 1800x2300
>>43562627
Here you go anon
>>
File: Good News.png (77 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
Good News.png
77 KB, 300x443
So, an update folks!

Chris is now fully funded, less than 24 hours after the request. Your help and generosity has been touching beyond words; the speed at which it manifested has also been, well, kinda shocking. He's getting rent paid and medical care taken care of now, and I'm sure he'll be on when he can to thank you folks personally. But from my end, I'm utterly grateful that my friend's not having to stare down homelessness or literally cancel Christmas.

So thanks ya'll. We can never truly repay you.
>>
>>43562747
Now gestalt those two classes
>>
>>43562785
So, can we be smug about 4chan saving the day yet again?
>>
File: Howhorrifying.png (365 KB, 736x718) Image search: [Google]
Howhorrifying.png
365 KB, 736x718
>>43562785
Thata boy Clarence
>>
Same anon from the Wild Shaping question, with something more out of curiosity. Would alcohol fall under the list of things druids are immune to with Venom Immunity? Not sure if Alcohol is listed as a poison or not, and not in a place to check.
>>
File: FORWARD.png (205 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
FORWARD.png
205 KB, 800x900
>>43562806
I don't think you can claim /sole/ credit.
But yes.
>>
>>43562744
Personally I'd opt for a Lunar Oracle who caps the fuck out of his Strength and Charisma. You'll be slightly less tanky with the d8 hit die, but the amount of buffing you can do to yourself is nothing short of stupid.
Add to that the options of natural attacks, getting +6 strength from Eldritch Heritage (Abyssal), MOON WALLS, Cha-to-AC and all this while having the versatility of a full caster at your command. Greatswords may not be your thing, but SMASH definitely will.
>>
>>43562806
>>43562870
>>43562785
/tg/. We get shit done.
>>
>>43562887
So what's our reward for completing the assist NPC quest?
>>
>>43562921
The power of friendship
>>
>>43562727
Projecting much? I never said I like feat tax. Also I am as I said not the anon who proposed that feat.
But said anon offered his help and probably isn't a professional game designer but he tried his best and as such one should criticize his work in a constructive way instead of just calling it crap and complaining about what it doesn't do.
But hey just my opinion so fuck me right?
>>
File: 1446262892875.jpg (21 KB, 255x250) Image search: [Google]
1446262892875.jpg
21 KB, 255x250
>>43562921
This guy
>>
>>43562962
>tried his best

His best? Losers always whine about their best.
Winners go home and fuck the prone queen.
>>
>>43562921
Well, those who participated in it's completion will be receiving a Dreamscarred PDF or other reward. As for /tg/, the Board receives +1000 Story EXP to all regular threads, and this thread receives an equal amount on top of that. That's enough to put us to level 7! NEW SPELL LEVEL BITCHES.

>Meanwhile, this brings "Elf Slave Wat Do" threads to their 30th level in Shitpost, granting them another level of Epic Shitposting.
>>
>Hate Golarion setting
>always get the shitty idea to run a PF AP with some shitty twist, like being amoral/evil mercenaries in Wrath of the Righteous, taking over the tech league in Iron Gods, or being Orcs trying to get giant weapons to overun the humans in Giantslayer.
Why?
>>
>>43558861
Thriae don't actually kidnap.

Dudes just willingly join them for the promise of the rest of their life being drunk beegirl sex. It's also the only way Thriae can reproduce.

And they only 'kill' them after they're old and dying anyway, and blitz them with enough honey they can't feel a damn thing.
>>
>>43562785
did I miss the boat to get him to make a class?
>>
>>43563149
It means your alignment is chaotic, as you are trying to find ways to get what you want out of something but break its rules along the way.
>>
>>43562398
Wow, I take two seconds and write a simple concept, and it creates so much arguement

Look up what K.I.S.S. means
>>
>>43563149
Because it's a solid setting covered in the philosophical feces of leftist ideologues?

Me, I just run the damn thing in the DARKEST TIMELINE. Which I'm still working on putting solidly to paper.
>>
>>43563167
Sadly yes. Sorry, my friend.
>>
>>43563206
fuuuuuuuckkkk
>>
>>43563149
Golarion isn't BAD at its core.

It's a nonsensical kitchen sink, but a lot of places are.

It's like a theme park. You don't go to a theme park wanting the experience of an Opera. You go to a theme park to go on the rides, eat corn dogs, and throw up behind a bush.

Gotta go into it with the right mindset, and then it's fine.
>>
>>43563181
>so much argument

All I saw was a pfg/ier >>43562618

A white knight >>43562627

And an actual pathfinder player >>43562727

Don't think you're so special because people argue in these threads. That's like being shocked theres food in a cafeteria.
>>
>>43562879

Lunar unfortunately just doesn't fit. I'm looking at Metal but honestly it doesn't seem as good as Battle to me? Am I missing something?
>>
Whats a neato race with a bonus to intelligence and no penalty to charisma?
I was going to be an Astomoi but i realized only being able to see 60 feet would just come up and bite me in the ass so often.
>What's the Sun?
>What do you mean the wizard's thousand foot tall tower is obvious?
>Wait that was the ocean? I thought it was a river!
>>
Divs or Djinn?

Which is better?
>>
>>43563315
Wayang maybe? Be a sneaky shadow wizard.
>>
>>43563315
one of the tiefling or asimar types maybe?
>>
>>43563315
Ratfolk?
>>
File: br.jpg (48 KB, 451x221) Image search: [Google]
br.jpg
48 KB, 451x221
>>43563315
Peri blooded Aasimar.

Get int AND cha bonuses.
>>
>>43563315

I don't know what you're complaining about, that sounds awesome! Be the best Anti-Spiral Toph Beifong you can be!
>>
>>43563278
Well, Battle has pretty good stuff going for it too mechanically (i just thought it was kind of boring). It'd certainly work, now that I look at it. The main draw for Metal is Dance of the Blades for extra movespeed, and Lead Blades - normally a ranger-only spell - letting you up the size of your weapon without upping the size of yourself. Of course, if you have someone to cast Enlarge Person on you on top of the Lead Blades you cast yourself, you're looking at a 4d6 greatsword. Plus whatever else you want to play with.

If you're willing to use a feat for your proficiency, Time has some really cool utility. Short-range Dimension Door as a move action, Blur or Blink minutes/day, rerolls, initiative rerolls, and a strong lategame spellist. Couple it with the DC archetype and you'll be the king of rerolls. It might not fit the smashy type you're after, but it's a very cool option.
Ancestor is also a cool option - Spirit of the Warrior is an amazing buff.
>>
>>43563489
"It was just over there, you must've seen it."
"..."
"Oh."
>>
>>43563489
The problem i have with it is unlike many other disadvantages, there is no way to mitigate it or fix it. Only a handful of things extend the range of darkvision and there is no way i know of to gain "traditional" sight or any sight-equivalent sense with similar range to sight.
>>
>>43563315
Bloodforge has a few. Decataur off the top of my head.
>>
Holy heck the Mindblade is a laughable attempt at the Soulknife, though I guess it was thier attempt to make a noncrap version of spellblade
>>
Where does mymidon rank?
>>
>>43563600
Actually wait, i can use Synesthete to hear or feel light and acquire normal senses that way.
Guess I'm retard Toph after all.
>>
>>43563791
Maneuvers+ more skills per level+ grit.

Probably high 4 or low 3
>>
>>43563813
Agreed on low 3 with the new stuff from Weapon Master's Handbook.
>>
File: 1379763492897.jpg (27 KB, 610x442) Image search: [Google]
1379763492897.jpg
27 KB, 610x442
>>43563842
whats the best stuff from the weapon master's handbook?
>>
>>43563878
Some of the melee weapon mastery feats; the magic item mastery feats; and the weapon training replacers (the bonus still increases, you just trade getting another weapon group for big bonuses)
>>
File: 1431946128843-1.jpg (222 KB, 614x614) Image search: [Google]
1431946128843-1.jpg
222 KB, 614x614
>>43563878
Weapon creation.

As a forever GM I eat crafting and custom creation shit up
>>
When you make a character, does fluff and concept hold more sway than builds and crunch?
Remember that there is no wrong answer.
>>
>>43563904
What do you mean?

Do you mean building around the idea of a character or building a class and then coming up with a character that fits the build?

Because the are fairly interchangeable and a clever builder will find a way to (try to)optimize both.
>>
>>43563904
There isn't an either/or answer. Sometimes I build a character starting from the crunch or build, and sometimes I build a character starting from the fluff and concept. However, once that start /happens/, the two become intertined to the point that it's impossible to separate them. If something in the fluff means I need to change something in the build, then the build will change. If something in the build supporting the concept needs the fluff to change the fluff slightly, that will probably change (although with refluffing being a thing, that's less common).

Oftentimes I'll be halfway through building a character and think of something new mechanically or fluffwise, then need to go back and change everything to make it fit.

The end result is a character with a good build and strong mechanics, with a fluff and concept that's been fleshed out and tied into the abilities they have.
>>
>>43563904
The two are one and the same. All builds take a concept and try to make it real and all fluff needs representation in crunch to have meaning.
>>
>>43563904
Yes
>>
File: 1413809702306.jpg (42 KB, 285x416) Image search: [Google]
1413809702306.jpg
42 KB, 285x416
>>43563878
Cut from the Air, Smash from the Air, and Spellcut.
>cut down incoming ranged attacks and spells as an AoO
>mfw
>>
>>43564016
>It's designed for fighters
>PoW's fighter archetype gets extra AoOs while refreshing maneuvers
>>
Anyone have the custom weapon creation pic? Couldn't nab it last night for reasons, and I want to see what I can do when I combine it with stuff out of Steelforge
>>
>>43564016
entirely too lewd
>>
>>43563904
>Remember that there is no wrong answer.
Except you are proposing that you can only do one or the other.
I started a game making a smitehammer paladin of mercy.
Realised halfway along that the party didn't need that, and needed someone who could do more support shit because the party was full of hammers.
Ended up powerful party support while still able to occasionally tell evil to go fuck itself in the strongest possible terms.
I am following my concept and supporting my concept with crunch. I am a devil murdering, evil redeeming beacon of mercy and justice whom spreads the golden light of good to all those around me.
>>
>>43563813
A human Lorewarden Myrmidon fighter gets 7 skill points per level, all knowledges as class skills (in addition to their other, much improved skill list) and still has room to add on Mutation Warrior or Martial Master for extra fighterness.

Oh, and maneuvers, grit, and a boss recovery mechanic. They're pretty good.
>>
>>43564016
She better be getting buttfucked with that face.
She fucking better be, or my dick will be disappoint.
>ys, captcha, I want pie to go with my sarsaparilla meade
>>
>>43564097
I would probably go mutation warrior
drink that go juice
>>
>>43564097
Then this nigga comes down to lay upon jabronies what it's all about.
I wish my DM allowed third party...
>>
>>43564131
She is, its actually pretty decent save for that fact it's a League of Legends doujin
Excellent face work. Also robot dicks and dp
>>
>>43561741
Where can I get just the core Spheres of Power? I only see extended in the pastebin.

Also, is it the best option if I want to make a wizard all about huge explosions, and otherwise blasting stuff to hell and back?
>>
>>43564131
She is
She's getting DP'd
>>
>>43564164
Probably Psion. Maybe PoW Mystic (you get all day explosions, stabbing things with fire, and the ability to craft scrolls of spells. Refluff the scroll crafting as 1-2 day "ritual magic" and run around giving no fucks because you're an initiator).

Alternatively, the Psychic Armory soulknife and Living Legend soulknife both get at-will blasts of a couple sorts if you pick the right blade skills (psyarm gets lines and spreads, living legend gets a cone).
>>
>>43564164
The other chan might have it, and Drow anon has the incomplete beta version. Regrettably its not on the SRD, and I am no pirate
>>
>>43564190
Or, you know, metamagic-focused dazing spell wizard. That's the easy answer though.
>>
>>43564160
What can I say? I like building characters. I'm probably going to build a Martial Master Myrmidon Lore Warden Fighter > Landsknecht next time I get to put together a character for a high level game.
>>
>>43564164
SoP blasting is actually fairly middle of the road, about in the same place as the Kineticist (though with waaaayyyy more options for branching out or customization).
>>
>>43564190
Wouldn't Wilder be way better for that than psion? Overcharging spells, and all.
>>
File: 1403537549995.png (279 KB, 534x552) Image search: [Google]
1403537549995.png
279 KB, 534x552
>>43563904
>When you make a character, does fluff and concept hold more sway than builds and crunch?

I think I speak for everyone here when I say the ideal way to make a character is start with a very vague concept you get while reading the description of the campaign ("I want to be a gang enforcer" if it's an urban campaign.)

Then you see what the character creation rules are for the campaign, where the concept gets further cemented ("Oh, 3pp is allowed? I'm going to make a Steelfist Commando, that fits gang enforcer" or "3pp is not allowed? Either Slayer or Brawler will work really cool for my concept.")

After that most people spend maybe a day or two mulling over the character unless they are really in that creative funk. During this time you come up with the specifics of the character, such as backstory and personality ("The DM gave us two traits and a drawback, I'm going with Bully and Lost Sibling for the traits, and Haunting Regret for the downside because the gang's got his family. I've got 25 PB to work with at level 5, so this guy's certainly got some experience, I'll write that into his backstory.")

So to answer your question, you're usually juggling both the fluff and mechanics. In an ideal world you should be able to work purely on concept, but since this is a mechanical game you need to factor in the limitations of the creative process, however this usually benefits you since weaknesses in the build can translate into weaknesses in roleplay.
>>
>>43564263
They can do it too, but the fact that they get powers a level later REALLY sucks.
>>
>>43564097
I didn't think lore warden would stack with myrmidon because it both enhances the skills per level.
>>
File: 1399132675675.jpg (782 KB, 1122x1600) Image search: [Google]
1399132675675.jpg
782 KB, 1122x1600
>>43564162
>>43564166
>look it up
>she is
>my face
>>
File: 1446227794678.png (82 KB, 336x347) Image search: [Google]
1446227794678.png
82 KB, 336x347
>>43564162

>mfw after spending a night gorging on Ahri

For the life of me I can't find a lot of doujins, though.
>>
File: 1387147886436.jpg (291 KB, 1280x1189) Image search: [Google]
1387147886436.jpg
291 KB, 1280x1189
>>43564097
Now if we could get the spellscorn fighter stacking on that, I would be so happy.
>>
>>43564282

Lore Warden enhances skills per level with an ability called Scholastic, according to the srd. Myrmidon messes with skills themselves. There isn't a conflict.
>>
>>43564302
Sadpanda, son.
>>
So, question about how a TWF+Improved+Greater TWF attack bonuses:
Assuming the baseline total attack bonus on either weapon is +25 (+11 BAB) for the sake of simplicity, does the attack go:
+23 MH/+23 OH/+18 MH/+14 OH (-5 from iterative, -6 from TWF)/+13 MH/ +5 OH (-10 from iterative, -10 from TWF)
or does it go
+23 MH/+23 OH/+18 MH/+19 OH/+13 MH/+15 OH?
>>
>>43564332
WMH's Versatile Training gives you basically +4~5 skill points per level tho. Do you even need the Lore Warden boost on top of that?
>>
>>43564325
>spell scorn
>flaming crab 3pp

Of course now it makes sense why it's so godly. I've been playing as a steel valkyrie and it's the tits
>>
File: Justice (just for girls).jpg (246 KB, 775x753) Image search: [Google]
Justice (just for girls).jpg
246 KB, 775x753
>>43563899
>that pic

Just what sort of weapons are you creating, Stylish GM?
>>
>>43564384
You can never have enough skill points anon.
>>
>>43563315
Elves? Humans? HALF ORCS?
>>
>>43564444
First off nice quad 4s.

Secondly I'm at work and only wrote up a simple Xcel sheet to set up weapons.

My biggest gripe is the DC cap, set at a max 12 if it's exotic/2-hand/additional DP (x3).

After that though I want to create some unique items for boss encounters and Mythic Heroes that can scale with the system and have my players have some creative freedom with their own stuff.

Really though I want to see a 2 handed great sword with reach cleaving through fuckers.
>>
>>43564516
Half-Orcs should have just been given +2 Str, +2 Con and their choice of which of Int, Wis or Cha gets the -2.
>>
>>43564516
Those aren't races, those are what first timers pick who want to roleplay as a more successful version of themselves.

There's no challenge in attempting to portray something that similar to you except in the different personality traits. I don't just want personality traits, i want more than that.
>>
>>43564474
>Mfw Versatile Training Lore Warden Myrmidon Fighter is a better skill monkey than the rogue.
>>
>>43564578
If you only see those races played by people playing themselves, I feel bad for your group.

Personally, I generally end up playing as humans or humanlikes because there's just so much RP to be had with exploring different backgrounds, personalities, and character traits in humanity alone.

When I play nonhuman races, it /is/ a lot more challenging. I don't like to play a nonhuman who is just a human with funny makeup, and getting into an alien mentality when RPing is a bit harder.
>>
File: Guts_Portrait.jpg (94 KB, 468x468) Image search: [Google]
Guts_Portrait.jpg
94 KB, 468x468
>>43564553
>Really though I want to see a 2 handed great sword with reach cleaving through fuckers.

You have my attention
>>
File: CirnoNOPENAH.jpg (99 KB, 680x540) Image search: [Google]
CirnoNOPENAH.jpg
99 KB, 680x540
>>43564578
>mfw realizing this is true
>mfw realizing I accidentally made my character just a taller, pointy-eared version of myself
>mfw the only really "different" thing is that my character has a hot elf mom that teaches at a local academy
>also that his family's house actually has a basement

I think it's time to go rethink my life.
>>
>>43564618
I've had many groups and its obviously not universally true, its a stereotype.

Not really my fault you are restricting yourself out of fear. The alien mindset of a gnome or a dwarf alone is interesting, but the true challenge comes to play a Duergar, Shabti, Obitu, Taddol, Taninim (Dragon) or other strange creature.

The only creature that has ever driven me too far is the "Good Drow". Playing a drow and all the fucked up stuff that entails is hard, playing Drizzt and not fucking it up? Now that's suffering. It was easier to play a Sphinx than it was to do that.
>>
File: 2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg (19 KB, 282x322) Image search: [Google]
2hu Aya wants to know more.jpg
19 KB, 282x322
>>43564711
>easier to play a sphinx than it was to do that
>playing a sphinx

this better have a story to go with it anon
>>
>>43564711
I think the hardest character to RP I've played was a cat. She was a magically-empowered former familiar, but for all her great intelligence, she was a cat.

Little things that reminded people she wasn't human, or a shapeshifted wizard, or even something like a demihuman, was quite interesting and fun.

The second-hardest I've played was an obscenely rich teenaged girl. Turns out that that mindset was just as hard.

Also, this: >>43564740

Storytime pls
>>
>>43564711
>>43564740
> Urge to brew sphinx PC race..
Rising.
>>
>>43564239
You're literally building the witcher. Actually if you swapped out martial master for mutagen warrior you would have the witcher.

Kudos
>>
File: 1444530294168.png (655 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1444530294168.png
655 KB, 2000x1500
>>43564844
It's a fact that all sphinxes have to be cute and make tons of cat puns.
>>
>>43564880
> Racial feat available at level 1. Humanoid form.

Also, intelligence and charisma +

Probably alt racial traits for the other sphinx types.
>>
>>43564862
Haven't played Witcher, bug I'll take your word for it.
>>
>>43564862
>You're literally building the witcher.

Close, but not quite.

Knowing in this case isn't half the battle, it's a third. The other thing a Witcher needs to be good at is investigation, which ties into Knowledge but also uses Heal and Survival.
>>
>>43564928
>Haven't played Witcher

I've got the feeling you might try to come up with an archetype or class if you did, a Witcher is one of those things you can't quite emulate in Pathfinder, yet all the materials to make it are there.
>>
File: 1408326589603.jpg (94 KB, 700x757) Image search: [Google]
1408326589603.jpg
94 KB, 700x757
>>43564925
Intelligence+, Charisma+, Str- or Con-

Shapeshifting ability a la kitsune but without any of the "true form" stuff
Darkvision 60 ft
1d4 * 2 claw attacks primary
possibly flight
>>
>>43563149
>Giantslayer
I've been mulling this around more, but I wonder if a game where PC's are giants terrorizing the country side would also work? Seem's like a fun idea for a oneshot at least.
>>
>>43564953
We'll see. I'm saving up for a new rig, once I get it I'll add the Witcher series to my list.
>>
>>43564740
I'm really tired and the character only survived a few sessions, sorry if its not a great story.
Mechanically he was the Androsphinx by that weird guy that got banned from GITP converted to PF. He was probably OP.
>Joined the campaign at level 2, spent all my gold on two horses, a carriage and three unskilled servants
>Had servants do everything for me whilst i lazed around pondering the universe and reading ancient texts
>Always considered myself higher than everyone else and talked to them as though it was amazing they were in my presence and they should be glad to have known me
>Spared our enemies, gave gold to bandits and helped them rethink their life choices
>Made some ridiculous knowledge checks and got campaign info we weren't supposed to have yet
>Died to Cacodaemons in a temple to weather because our Warder used an Oil of Deeper Darkness on his sword that created a radius bigger than the fucking room blinding me but leaving the Daemons perfectly happy
>>
>>43564986
I'll puzzle this all out once I get off work.
>>
>>43564986
I would argue a Sphinx has the Wisdom of the ages, not intellect. Most sphinxes have higher or equal WIS to INT and for most Dex is their lowest physical stat.
>>
File: iai.jpg (16 KB, 305x204) Image search: [Google]
iai.jpg
16 KB, 305x204
I'd like to point out this combo:

Path of War: Expanded
>Improved Quick Draw [Combat]
>Even with your weapon still sheathed, your presence is enough to threaten enemies.
>Prerequisites: Quick Draw
>Benefit: As long as you have a sheathed weapon on your person, you threaten all squares within your sheathed weapon’s normal reach and may make attacks of opportunity even if you are not currently wielding a weapon. You may draw a weapon as part of making an attack of opportunity; weapons drawn this way are sheathed after the attack is resolved.

>Myrmidon Fighter archetype
>In order for the myrmidon to recover her maneuvers she must perform one of two actions. The myrmidon may recover a single maneuver as a standard action. She may also spend a full round action to recover her initiating modifier in maneuvers (min 2). If she does so, enemies who attack the myrmidon while recovering maneuvers provoke an attack of opportunity from her and the myrmidon may take a free 5-ft. step to reposition herself each time she is attacked. While recovering maneuvers, the myrmidon gains the benefits of the Combat Reflexes feat, and may substitute her Wisdom modifier for her Dexterity modifier for this feat if it is higher.

Weapon Master's Handbook
>Cut From The Air [Combat]
>Your powerful and swift attacks can slice ranged attacks out of the air
>Prerequisites: Str 13, Power Attack, BAB +5, weapon training class feature with a melee weapon
>[If a ranged attack is made against you or an adjacent target, make an opposed attack roll as an AoO; if you succeed then you deflect it]

>Smash From The Air [Combat]
>Str 13, Cut From the Air, Power Attack, BAB +9, weapon training class feature with a melee weapon
>[As above, but works on spells and boulders]

Throw in Outslug Style too, to gain bonuses when you 5ft step. Alternately, instead of Myrmidon you can use Warder with the Bushi class template.
>>
>>43565065
Beautiful.
>>
>>43565065
Does "adjacent" mean within 5ft, or within your reach? Because warders get a reach bonus while using Defensive Focus.
>>
>>43565043
Paws are hard.
>>
>>43565131

Adjacent is within 5 feet.
>>
Which teifling ancestry is best, both stat and fluff wise?
>>
>>43565140
Warders can move as part of their AoOs though; would they be able to run over to an ally to block ranged attacks?
>>
Is there anyway to boost the vitalists unwilling collective ability? I know a general wisdom buff would help but is there anything else I could do?
>>
>>43564628
It's pretty easy.
2H Martial greatsword (8)
Add DP (-3)
Imp Damage (5)
Improve Crit Range (3)

That leaves 3 points. You can either have it deal both B and S damage for those 3 points, or you can give it the Reach special quality for 1 point and make it spring-loaded for 2
>>
File: atlamfwgoodplayers.gif (932 KB, 200x147) Image search: [Google]
atlamfwgoodplayers.gif
932 KB, 200x147
>>43564844
>>43564880
>>43564925
>>43565036
>Sphinx PC race
>mfw

godspeed, parrot
>>
>>43565157
No, 'adjacent' strictly disallows that.
>>
>>43565263
Add Fragile as long as you're not starting at 1, then make it masterwork to ignore. Extra point
>>
>>43565662
This is another one of those "technically this system made all of the races/weapons in the game, but if you even use it a little bit and try to make something "good" than it will be bullshit".

Why do they even write these rules?
>>
>>43561741
>>43561761
We figured this out over the weekend.

I think the Battle Templar has to use his standard action to cast his own Time Stop before his opponent's Time Stop ends.
>>
>>43565895
It's a way to sell books with power creep, while including a whole bunch of "if the DM allows" so that games with non-shit DMs don't get murdered with 18-20x2 1d3 reach 1-handed light weapons.
>>
>>43565065
So if an enemy archer full attacks you with a bow, you can cut the arrows out of the air while moving up to them? That sounds like fun.
>>
>>43566559
While drawing and resheathing your weapon for every arrow, for extra showmanship.
>>
>>43561741
I wrote up a reference for anyone who wants to combine the Myrmidon fighter archetype with the "use your BAB as your skill ranks" option for Advanced Weapon Training.

Axes, Heavy Blades and Polearms are looking like the most versatile for PoW + WMH builds.
>>
>>43565065
Where can I find Myrmidion?
>>
>>43566732
It's in the Pastebin. But because I'm feeling nice: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tbBIinA90VQW8eriM0TZTZCbHsSU6cdv7_44J8w564s
>>
>>43566889
Thank you very much!
>>
I may just be retarded but I can't find a pdf for the WMH. Can anybody help me out?
>>
>>43567018
Doesn't exist yet, but QAnon showed off a bunch of pages in the last few threads
>>
>>43566559
>>43566712
We need to go deeper.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/mythic/mythic-feats/combat-reflexes-mythic
>>
>>43563600
Talk your GM into making a custom magic item that's like a scrying sensor you can use to supplement your senses. Or some sort of familiar that does the same thing. It's a classic trope for seeing-impaired characters.
>>
File: Pages 10-11.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 10-11.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>
>>43567119
Ah, alright then. At least I'm not SUPER retarded. Looks like I'll just wait patiently with the rest of you, besides the myrmidon thing has anyone worked out any nifty builds from what's been shown?
>>
>>43564995
As an avid fan the games are great. As someone who wants to get into the series with wide eyes ... start with witcher 2.

Youll thank me.
>>
File: salute-to-awesomeness.jpg (27 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
salute-to-awesomeness.jpg
27 KB, 500x348
Hey everyone - I wanted to stop in and thank any and all of you who generously donated to the GoFundMe campaign for me and my family and thank all of you who shared it. It's super appreciated and it means the world to me and my family. I am not prone to gushing or anything (short of being stabbed) so for real guys and gals, you're the best end boss that the Internet could have and I'm very happy to have been the recipient of your charity. I'm gonna try to lurk a while, so if any of you have any DSP / PoW related questions - hit me up. Pain medicine is helping me type right now.

-X
>>
File: 1418521657981.jpg (85 KB, 749x720) Image search: [Google]
1418521657981.jpg
85 KB, 749x720
>>43567347

>Get into the series with Witcher 2

Oh jeez anon you're going to put him off from the entire series with that one, just let him go with Witcher 3 and be done with it.
>>
>>43567396
Is that a thing you can do? Because I've avoided the Witcher series mostly because I hear they're all enormous and I don't have the time for three enormous games.

Same reason I dodged Doctor Who for years, really.
>>
File: Pages 14-15.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 14-15.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>
>>43567227
I really want to make a Drunken Brute with the Cayden Cailean thing and the enchanted tankard from later on the book.
>>
File: Pages 30-31.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 30-31.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43567443
>>
>>43563315
>>43563489
>>43567204

There is already an item that might provide an alternate means of sight:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/third-eye

Whether this is practical is an open question, though.
>>
File: GAMBIT_001.jpg (997 KB, 1892x3197) Image search: [Google]
GAMBIT_001.jpg
997 KB, 1892x3197
Hey guys, I'm still trying to make Gambit in Pathfinder by going Sorc10/Ninja10 and using Arcane Strike+ Ki Charge.

Any feat/item suggestions?
>>
>>43567414
>Is that a thing you can do?

Witcher 1 is generally agreed to be "only play if you want to" and doesn't substantially impact the plot of Witcher 2/3 beyond "oh hey a Witcher tried to kill Foltest."

Witcher 2 has a lot of crazy shit going on that substantially impacts Witcher 3, but never amounts to something you "need" to play to appreciate the plot. That said, if you aren't willing to sit down and play Witcher 2 then it's highly recommended to watch an LP of the game so you can absorb the plot, characters, and events that are unfolding.

Witcher 3 is simply a better game, but playing/watching Witcher 2 before it makes 3 that much more memorable.
>>
>>43567350
No problem Errant! We're not all bad here, so feel free to come in and join the chats when you can. Take care!
>>
>>43567227
> Vital Strike on a charge.

Rock on, Gorum.
>>
>>43567568
Deadly dealer?
>>
>>43567568
I have a question and it's "why aren't you a Card Caster (+ Kensai)?"
>>
>>43567568
Why not just Staff Magus + Card Caster?
>>
File: Pages 16-17.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 16-17.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43567636
BETTER TO KENSAI INTO DARTS FOR BETTER CARDS THAN TO TAKE STAFF MAGUS, IN MY EXPEREINCE. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.
>>
>>43567679
Well yeah that's true, but Gambit fights with a staff too, ya get me?
>>
File: Gambit toss.jpg (143 KB, 970x546) Image search: [Google]
Gambit toss.jpg
143 KB, 970x546
>>43567598
That's a given, but still appreciated!

>>43567630
>>43567636
I wanted some stealth attributes, plus Sneak attacks. Not to mention Ninjas get crazy acrobatic abilities.

Also again, Ki Charge felt pretty flavorful.
>>
File: Pages 18-19.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 18-19.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43567727
STAVES ARE SIMPLE WEAPONS, LITERALLY ANYBODY CAN FIGHT WITH A STAFF. PICK UP THE QUARTERSTAFF MASTER FEAT ON YOUR OWN DIME, RATHER THAN BLOWING YOUR CLASS FEATURES
>>
>>43567767
Aye captain!
>>
File: Pages 02-03.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 02-03.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
NOT GONNA LIE, TOTALLY AND FUCKING COMPLETELY LOST TRACK OF WHAT PAGES I'VE POSTED, I THINK MY BRAIN MAY'VE FALLEN DOWN MY ASSHOLE
>>
>>43567827
I think everything besides the traits have been posted, and maybe the ranged weapon styles.
>>
>>43567727
I actually gave up eschew materials for ex. prof Bo Staff. Mostly because it's basically a redundant feat, but also for flavor.

Also the block feature on Bo Staves is nice if I ever need to be in melee for whatever reason.
>>
>>43567827
>>43567837
Oh, and the stamina things.
>>
File: Pages 20-21.jpg (1 MB, 4521x3200) Image search: [Google]
Pages 20-21.jpg
1 MB, 4521x3200
>>43567350
Can we get this line added to the Weapon Group Adaptation feat in errata?
>Special: If you are using the weapon mastery feats presented in the Weapon Master's Handbook, then a character with this feat counts as having the weapon training class feature with the chosen fighter weapon group for the purpose of weapon mastery feat prerequisites and what weapons you can use with weapon mastery feats.

Because right now WMH is looking like one of the best things Paizo has ever released, and a lot of its content has incredible synergy with Path of War.
But right now the "count as having weapon training" effect is attached to a feat with the lame effect of +1 damage with your chosen weapon group. It would be nice to have an alternative, particularly when you're short on feats.
>>
File: Pages 04-05.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 04-05.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43567837
HM HAVE I POSTED THE RANGED WEAPON STYLES I'M JUST NOT SURE >>43567432

TRAITS HUH
ISN'T THIS "MERCIFUL SCIMITAR" LITERALLY WORSE IN EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN WAY THAN "BLADE OF MERCY"
>>
File: Pages 22-23.jpg (1 MB, 4550x3200) Image search: [Google]
Pages 22-23.jpg
1 MB, 4550x3200
>>43567870
>>
>>43567827
Have you already posted the weapon design rules?
>>
>>43567948
At least thrice. Go check the old threads.
>>
>>43567898

Merciful Scimitar is indeed a disappointment. Aldori Caution could be useful for anyone using Crane Style, though.
>>
File: Pages 24-25.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 24-25.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
HERE*S THE STAMINA BULLSHIT IF ANYONE CARES

I KNOW THOSE RULES MADE MY EYES GLAZE OVER.
>>
>>43567898
Blade of Mercy is a Religion trait, while Merciful Scimitar is a Combat trait. Not likely to matter, but there's the difference.
>>
File: Pages 26-27.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 26-27.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
NOT SURE IF I POSTED THIS BUT FUCK YOU I'M PUTTING IT UP AGAIN BECAUSE I JUST NOTICED IT'S ALL TIED TO FORT SAVES? WHICH IS KIND OF ODD. FIGHTERS CAN FEAT INTO "CAST THIS ONE SPECIFIC SPELL 1/2/3 TIMES A DAY" NOW, I GUESS?
>>
>>43567350
I appreciate the visit ErrantX! Don't go too overboard responding to us though. I wouldnt want you overworking that arm till you know what's wrong with it.

Take care of yourself and spend some time with that family. Glad we were able to help.
>>
>>43568041
ARCHETYPES?!?!
>>
>>43568041
That is a thing I'm a little interested in. I think the thing that fighter arch swaps weapon training for is supposed to scale, else just +1 is a bit meh.
>>
File: Pages 06-07.jpg (1 MB, 2512x1631) Image search: [Google]
Pages 06-07.jpg
1 MB, 2512x1631
>>43568088
POSTED EM LAST NIGHT BUT HEY HAVE THEM AGAIN.
>>
>>43567739
Your an Int based class, you get all the skill points and canny defense stuff you need. Plus sneak attack is subpar when you're playing one of the best explosive DPS classes in the game
>>
does myrmidon fighter get grit/deeds at 1st level or second?
>>
>>43568041
Flight mastery is kinda neat.
>>
>>43568041
Tying it to fort saves bummed me out. I'd rather not wait till 20th level for the last use.
>>
>>43567965
>Stamina

I thought my old GM just added Stamina as a houserule for my Halfling Mysterious Stranger so I could keep up accuracy/damage-wise. (The rest of the party was Aasimar Summoner/Elf Wizard/Ratfolk Alchemist/DMPC Human Cleric because nobody had healing).

It's actually a thing?
>>
>>43568275

It's a thing:

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/stamina-and-combat-tricks-optional-rules
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.