[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Machine Civ #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 640x444) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 640x444
Still on a shitty iPhone edition

Hello everyone and welcome to ShitterNormie's Machine Civ part 2!
>What's happening in the civ Shitter?
Excellent question anon! We are the head AI of a group of domes and multi-purpose machines. Remember anon...if the main AI is destroyed the civ is lost!
>Where are we Shitter?
We are located in the side of a volcano. Our base (which can be given a new name) was built by our old master. They're dead now. But here we are! We are a large super computer that is position in the center of the main room of the volcano-side base. So far the current rooms we have are 1 door leading to the outside world, 1 drone building facility, 1 machine building facility, 1 steel mine, and 3 locked rooms
>Did anything memorable happen Shitter?
Why yes! Our drone #6 managed to redeem himself after killing one of his brothers by being a form of moral support. How does he do this? He sings smooth blues music all day long that's how daddio. Oh yeah there's also a troll somewhere outside, you saw a gnoll, and you saw a village
>How do I get started!?!?!?
Just suggest two actions at the end of the IMMEDIATE CHECKUP. All choices' success will be determined by a 1d20 roll that I will do on my dear and tell you guys. (Rolled 15,2)
>>
IMMEDIATE CHECKUP ENGAGED
>Power supply: sub-par
>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
>Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
>Turrets: 1 Heavy Machine Gun Turret
>Special characters: Drone #6
>Moral: Absolutely groovy
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder
>Memory files: Still pretty damaged (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world, Village
>Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 90 steel, 35 copper
What would you like to accomplish now (2 actions)?
>>
Not too many typos in the first post that's good. I have most of the night free guys sooooo. I'll be here for awhile
>>
What do we know of outside world?
>>
>>44196858
The outside world is littered with volcanos along with the occasional lava/ tar pit (from what we know). To the west is where we saw the troll and the village was spotted northwest.
>>
>>44196748
>Teach #6 how to sing country music but refuse to let him sing it on threat of immediate dis-assembly
>Spread nasty rumors about #6 for literally no reason
Also captcha what if I am a robot?
>>
Reporting in.

Bump.
>>
>>44196934
With a silly post such as yours I'll need at least two anons agreeing with you. A silly request can just be put into the background of a serious request. It kind of wastes turns just doing a silly request and nothing else
>>
>>44196999
Making fun of and belittling #6 for his mistakes should be a most serious request
>>
>>44196736
Do we have any info on oir former master?
>>
>>44197013
K senpai
>>
>>44197033
Not much but you can research lore and you might just find out some useful things at the same time
>>
>>44197070
Sold.

>>44196748
Research corrupted memory files
Also do the country music thing

Any info on our energy supply? We have a reactor of some sorts?
>>
>Make fun of #6
>Research your masters
I'll just use these for now
>>
>verifying integrity
>>
(Rolled 13,11)

Your old masters were a strange sort of people. Short, bearded, rather frail now that you think about it. What caused their demise is on your artificial mind right now...what were they? After examining a few of the dead skeletons a digging into your data files you find out that there are two types of skeletons lying around your base. The small, lanky ones you remember (which your data files refer to as "gnomes") and a more thick boned, tall type with large incisors. It seems like these creatures (that your data files assumes are orcs) stormed into your home and killed all of your old masters. While you were searching the skeletons you found some sort of cassette tape on one of them. You played it and it played a horrible sound. Calling it music would be a bit too generous. Why did your master have this? It sounds like a human getting a violin shoves up his posterior while whooping in enjoyment! ........maybe is won't be soooooo useless. You instruct #6 to download this new type of music that you have referred to as "country" into his data files. Directly afterwards you gave him the order to never sing that kind of music and called him a pig fucking farmer. He sniffed his little, nonexistent nose and said "Yes ma'am". Gooooooood #6
>>
>>44196934
(Just gonna name myself real quick here)
>>
>>44197318

>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones
>Machines: 4 multi-purpose machines (these can be changed with upgrades and research)
>Moral: Absolutely groovy (#6 is in constant torment)
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder
>Memory files: Still pretty damaged (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Inventory: 1 key, 3 spears, 2 shields, 90 steel, 35 copper
>>
>>44197338
Inspect (research if possible) the power supply.

Senpai anon, any further ideas?

Also,
>hate file accesed{add species orc}
>execute avenge_master.gif
>>
>>44197338
>Inspecting our power supply seems like a good idea.
>Search our databases for any known insults to be used against orcs preferably anything relating to implying they are squishy.
Also >#6 is in constant torment
I love it
>>
>>44197383
We know that our power supply is coming from some sort of generator. However for the moment we do not know where it is and cannot upgrade it. Maybe it's in one of the locked doors?
>>
>>44197455
>>44197448
Well in that case change that inspect to a find the power supply by opening random doors until the drone we send(hopefully #6) either dies or finds something noteworthy
>>
>>44197338

>Have a machine try the key on on the locked doors one by one, seeing which one it fits
>Rest of the machines build flamer drones, use grabber drones as assistants
>>
>>44197455
>>44197338
IF (key = true) open "door", ELSE LOOKUP("database", %unlock%door%key%%generator%), ELSE destroy

(try key on doors, if failure search database for solution, else use force on doors)
>>
(Rolled 18,4)

Right now you have two problems (not counting #6). Your sub-par power supply and YOUR HATRED FOR ORCS. The first problem is still what you should be focusing on and that is just what you do. You order one of your machines to open one of the locked rooms with your last remaining key and he succeeds. What luck! This room has your power generator in it! It is heavily damaged though and it could definitely use some tuning up. Your machine also found a new blueprint upon opening the door (no search required it was infront of the door for Pete sake). MAINTENANCE DRONE UNLOCKED! A maintenance drone excels at being dirt cheap to produce, keeping things from breaking, and never complaining at the loss of any fighting capabilities and any form of advanced intellect. You also decide to figure out what these "orcs" hate being called. They were not nice to your masters and you won't be nice to them. Not much comes up other than "small toothed human".

>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones, 0 maintenance drones
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 90 steel, 35 copper
>>
>>44197714
>Give orders to all Regular Grabber Drones to find and bring all orc skeletons into one empty and nonessential room and then have 3 of the drones stay and stab the skeletons into dust with the spears.
>Build a maintenance drone or two in order to make this place seem less like some poor fleshbag's shit shack in the middle of nowhere and more of a proper base for superior machines(except #6)
>>
>>44197714
>2 machines build a maintenance drone
>2 machines study power generator to figure out how to repair it
>>
>>44197714
1. Try opening remaining doors
2. Same as senpais 2nd command:;>>44197780
>>
>>44197852
No keys senpai. Do you really want to try and force the doors open? You'll need a roll of 15 or higher
>>
>>44197874
We don't really need a room to stab the skeletons into dust to be honest. I just figured it would make things easier to clean. I'm fine stabbing them into dust where ever.
>>
>>44197874
>>44197937
FINE.. boost morale by stabbing bones...
>>
I had everything written out and I ended up accidentally clicking paste instead of copy.......fuck..... Fuck it. You guys got atrocious rolls. (2,1) and basically nothing got done.
>>
>>44198095

>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 0 flamer drones, 0 maintenance drones
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 85 steel, 30 copper
>>
>>44198125
rip
>Prioritize Orc Hatred over Making fun of #6
>Research everything possible on our power supply
>>
>>44198125
1. Try to get some maintainence droids up to fix the generator
2. Scout the village for its inhabitants
>>
>>44198177
What robots would you like to send scouting?
>>
>>44198226
Maybe 3 or so grabber bots. Not #6, he has a different part to play.
>>
>>44198177
I'll second this as long as the orc hatred is still prioritized
>>
>>44198266
It most certainly is. Maybe we can find other orc hating beings out there
>>
(Rolled 17,10)

Maybe your lack of power is getting into your mainframe? Perhaps that is the cause for your sudden streak of bad luck. Yes that must be it. You send all of your machines to the generators and task them with studying generators. It goes extremely well and your machines figure out a quick, easy way of upgrading the generator. (Upgrade generator is now unlocked and costs 75 steel and 25 copper to do so) with your hatred of orcs starting to outweigh your hatred of #6 you send out a small search party of 3 grabber drones. Your drones return unharmed and report what they saw at the village. "Oh S.A.L.L.Y! We saw the village people! We did! We did! We did!" "Yes yes little one that is very exciting but can you tell me exactly WHAT you saw?" "Oh-oh yeah....right. We saw a bunch of those hyena type things from earlier tha-" " You mean gnolls my child?" "Y-yeah gnolls. I knew they were called that. Anywho, they were burning the dead bodies of some green men with big teeth and they were also burying WAY more bodies of dead gnolls" "They were burning Orcs?!?! HUZZAH!!!!!!" You then proceeded to dance like an idiot in excitement.

>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room (heavily damaged)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 85 steel, 30 copper
>>
>>44198430
>Spend steel and copper on upgrading our power supply. Make sure that the drones upgrading it write a bunch of derogatory terms about orcs on several pieces while upgrading
>Send a detachment of scouts to greet the orc hating fleshbags real friendly like
>>
Upgrade and start diplomacy senpai? Unfortunately i have to go. Here's to hoping I can witness another one of these machine threads
>>
>>44198531
Drones have the intellect and voice of a 6 year old boy. It's not for magical realm purposes it's just because of limited space within the drone.
>>44198533
I plan on continuing this for awhile
>>
>>44198662
Even better. I'm going to take a shower real quick but I shouldn't be gone for more than 15 minutes at most.
>>
>>44198718
Send pics

(Rolled 15,7)

Since your machines managed to figure out how to upgrade the generator they were eager to get right to work. All it took was your command and the machines got right to work. They got it done and actually didn't spend as many resources as expected. (+1 level of generator repair, +1 power level, -60 steel, -15 copper) These gnolls seemed like a potential ally, so you sent 5 grabber drones to the village to talk with them. As it turns out the gnolls are rather afraid of outsiders. Seeing as they have been attacked by trolls and orcs the must be pretty on edge. As soon as your drones approached the village they were chased off, thankfully without injury. While they were returning they saw a gnoll scaring off another troll with a torch. Perhaps the gnolls would appreciate a gift. A dead Orc or troll perhaps?

>Power supply: decent
>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room (partially damaged)
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 25 steel, 15 copper
>>
>>44198858
>Send Drone #6 out to scout out for trolls/orcs for us to unleash unprovoked hatred upon
>Research more ways to repair our memory files
>>
>>44198858
>Do some mining
>Build flamer drones to deal with potential troll threats
>>
>>44198977
Just a fair warning: you will need a nat 20 to have #6 kill the troll and a 15 or higher to not have him killed. Maybe you should be more prepared. Trolls aren't that easy to take down unless you can find away their regen. #6 is also the only thing that is keeping our moral up
>>
>>44199097
I merely want him to find one or a lair. He can bring a couple of Gunner Drones if that will increase his chance of living however.
>>
>>44199158
I guess this is my bad for not putting this in the postly updates but the a troll lair is located west from here.
>>
>>44199196
Okay, we know where one is. Now can I get some support for building flamethrowers to take it down?
>>
>>44199236
Yeah flamer drones seem like the best possible attack drone for a drone. I'll back ya
>>
>>44199236
>>44199277
Didn't see these. I'll assume that this will be your first action for this turn

(Rolled 14,12)

With the sudden appearance of new things you feel like being able to adapt and find new things out quicker is of the utmost importance. You spend a few days in a meditative state while machines try and fix wires and other forms of hardware all around you. (Researching is now much easier as you are more relaxed and more of your wires are actually connected. While this was going on your drones were bored. So they decide to mine. Usually they only mine for one day but this was THREE DAYS of nonstop mining. All of your drones got praise for this obviously...except #6 (+100 steel, +35 copper)

>Building facilities: 1 steel mine, 1 machine builder, 1 drone builder, 1 generator room (partially damaged)
>Memory files: In rough shape (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world, Village, Troll lair
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 125 steel, 45 copper
>>
>>44199309
>Build Flamer Drones
>Test all Drones for signs of sympathy or any feeling other than hatred of orcs. Especially #6 I feel like he's a dirty orc lover.
>>
>>44199309
>Clean up some and perhaps clean up your drones. They're your children and you want your children to be nice and healthy.
>Go into MILF mode and rape #6
>>
>>44199392
Seconding this. Although I think all #6 feels is despair, which while bad for him is great for his blues music.
>>
(Rolled 20,9)

With the death of a troll almost necessary you feel like you should exploit the troll's #1 weakness. Fire. You send all of your bots to flamer drone building duty. They are extremely excited by the possibility of new brothers and that excitement really showed in their work. They managed to make an astoundingly large number of drones for what resources they used. (+15 flamer drones, -75 steel, -25 copper) while all of this is going on you decide that you should get to know your boys a bit better. The gunner drones had very monotone and barely show any emotion. They also seemed a bit sadistic and enjoyed shooting bits of scrap that was on the ground. The machines were just like your average human (from what your data files tell you) and seem to enjoy being told things to do. The grabber drones all have the personality of 4th grade boy. They are extremely submissive when told bad things and seem like they just want to help you. The new flamer drones seem excited. A little too excited...about everything. Everything they say is around the lines of: "OH BOY S.A.L.L.Y I SURE DO LOVE FLYING AROUND IT SURE IS FUN!". #6 is even more submissive than the average grabber drone and is extremely nervous about everything. He often shows obvious signs of sadness such as breaking down into tears at time and audibly sighing. You seem to find his behavior rather.....cute
>>
>>44199852

>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 15 flamer drones, 0 maintenance drones
>Memory files: In rough shape (this can be fixed with dedicated research which will unlock lore and blueprints)
>Locations unlocked: Home base (different name?), Outside world, Village, Troll lair
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 50 steel, 20 copper
>>
>>44199874
We need to go on a troll hunt, but first we should finally build some drones to keep the place clean and operational
>Do mining
>Build maintenance drones

Split our machine-power evenly between these tasks
>>
>>44199931
I'll second this but I want to have our main A.I. force #6 to compose an entirely new blues song right in front of us on the spot as to make him even more sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 225x225
>>44199965
>write us a song
O-okay w-whatever you want guys
>>
>>44200005
It can be the shitest song in the world. Or you can just say if he fails or succeeds for the purpose of entertainment. You don't have to write a song kek
>>
(Rolled 16,7)

Before you go out to hunt some trolls you decide that this mess needs to be cleaned up. You're living like damn orcs! So you send your drones into the mines to get some more building materials. While the drones are down there #6 begins to sing a song.... "Ev-ery day just nothing but toil. Working nonstop, never getting a break." "Ev-Ery day I get belittled. Teased and prodded, pushed to the brink." "So here I am again. Working and working. Getting all filthy. Or else I'll become extinct" "WHOOAAAAH OH WORKING ON THE RAILROAD" "WHOOOOOAAAAAH OH NEVER STOP OR I-" "#6! SHUT THE 101001001 UP AND GET BACK TO WORK YOU USELESS PILE OF SCRAP!" (+60 steel, +20 copper). The building of the maintenance drones doesn't go as well and only 3 drones are built. (+3 maintenance drones, -40 steel, -20 copper) That will be enough to keep the base around human-levels of clean. (I actually don't listen to blues so I went for a sad country song instead)

>Drones: 19 regular grabber drones, 9 gunner drones, 15 flamer drones, 3 maintenance drones
>Inventory: 3 spears, 2 shields, 70 steel, 20 copper
>>
>>44200380
I actually gotta go for tonight m8. Sorry m8. It was fun belitting #6 and developing racism towards orcs for tonight tho kek
>>
File: hug.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
hug.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
As much as I love teasing #6, I want to give him a big hug and tell him everything is ok.
>>
>>44200451
>>44200476
I'll have to go also. See you guys tomorrow. Hopefully I can start the thread at 7 again and maybe we can kill some trolls.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.