[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the biggest hack in the tabletop industry?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: Cast_alex_hirsch.jpg (40 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Cast_alex_hirsch.jpg
40 KB, 640x360
Who is the biggest hack in the tabletop industry?
>>
Adam Koebel and Sage LaTorra

They took a rules system they barely understood and tried to make a "D&D but better" game out of it. The result the D&D elements fucking up the game because D&D sucks, and Reddit and /tg/ sucking it's dick more than the original game (which was FAR better) because it panders to high fantasy, which is the only fucking genre that 90% of the autists who RP want to play in. Their hack game becomes famous as the best indie RPG ever made. Meanwhile said original game becomes famous for having sex rules in it, no one even realizes the Firefly influences or listens to the guy, and these hack nu male faggots make more money than the person whose mechanics they ripped off.

Protip: if you make a good RPG, copyright the FUCK out of that shit. That way some two-bit kikes don't come along and steal your best idea and turn it into utter tripe.
>>
>>48163349
Ach dungeon world isn't *terrible* but it isn't good by any means. It's decent as a babby's first RPG if you don't want to go full Lasers and Feelings.

That said, when you're only the second best High Fantasy, DnD-esque PbtA game you know there's something wrong
>>
>>48163453

It is terrible, though, anon. It tacks on D&D stats which have no function, it starts you out with more hit points than the main boss in the game, then the dev writes an essay stating the obvious to try to justify a fucking dragon having 16 hp, even though he admits a 1st level party fucking ass-devestated it and he just didn't say that it only had 6 hp left when they ran away.

No shit an encounter can be challenging if you abuse DM fiat and declare the character loses an arm from a dragon bite.

DW is only well-loved because it uses something "familiar" (D&D stats) and is a lot easier to play than D&D. Outside of that sphere of 3.5 strawmanning, it is worthless as a system.

People also act like PbtA is the fucking second coming of god, and shit like Fail Forward should be a core doctrine of all roleplaying while ignoring the shitton of pitfalls that come with it, as well as misrepresenting fail forward with more basic, less controversial GM advice, so that you strawman "not failing forward" as "sitting there with a shit-eating grin on your face and saying no to the PCs over and over"
>>
>>48163289
I think arguments can be made for Kevin Siembieda or John Wick.
>>
John Wick.

His games suck ass and he has drank his own kool-aid.
>>
>>48163856
John Wick is shit and has always been shit, but luckily he also hasn't DONE shit in a while.

Jason Hardy is STILL around being a shithead who helped cover up embezzlement.
>>
>>48163665
I disagree with some of your criticism, but I feel like it's more a matter of taste man.

Regarding Pb&J I feel like the main reason that DW falls flat is cause it's character-interaction systems are anemic, which suggests that the authors didn't really *get* Apocalypse World. I mean AW is all about gritty HBO drama-shit, which by the look of it, it does well.

And yeah, I hate calling things buzzwords to mean that they're stupid, but "fail forward" really gets my goat. Like I generally hold that if one roll can fuck up the entire game then that's on the DM, either for allowing such a massive bottleneck or for not at least having an idea of what to do should the players fail.
Even if it means that the BBEG wins theres no reason you can't just change gears to a Firefly-esque "Old heroes from the first war eke out an existence under the shadow of the Evil Empire" game, to give one example of how that could work
>>
>>48163289
Matt Ward.
>>
File: image.jpg (211 KB, 559x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211 KB, 559x578
>>48163289
>>
>>48164105
Matt Ward is a hack, sure. But is he the BIGGEST hack?
I feel as if he's not even the hackiest hack who has worked for GW in recent memory.
>>
>>48163289
Leigh Alexander, if you consider card games 'tabletop', she literally fucks anything that will give her influence.
>>
>>48163349
Vincent Baker is an unsung hero man.

I mean FFS, check out the wikipedia page of his publishing company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpley_Games

>>48164207
Examples?
>>
>>48164011
>John Wick is shit and has always been shit, but luckily he also hasn't DONE shit in a while.

You miss that he got 7th Sea back a few months ago and did a kickstarter?
>>
>>48164320
I did...

Fuck.
Welp, I guess he'll be ruining the setting again.
>>
>>48163856
>>48163795
>>48164011

This. John Wick is absolute cancer. His "play dirty" book boils down to "use the players' backstory against them to create good stories and really hit the players where it hurts but don't be a kill-GM retard"

>>48164096

Nah you're right about them not getting AW, everything you say is right, it just doesn't contradict what I said. A D&D-style AW hack is possible but Dungeon World turns two decent systems into a pile of crap by just slapping together parts without understanding how they work. Sure it still plays but it plays badly.
>>
>>48164207
Came to prominence fucking Quintin Smith (of SU&SD, personally not a fan of him either but at least he puts effort in). Anyway, this article is 'isn't it weird learning new games guys?' with a load of flowery language. https://www.shutupandsitdown.com/test/

Last I heard she was banging a VP or some such at FFG and lo and behold her novella which I've heard is full of tumblr level shit has been published.

And that's not touching her prior claim to fame which will not be discussed on this board (google her if you really want to know that hurricane-of-piss)
>>
>>48163289
gee dubya's writers
>>
John Wick for learning enough yoga to suck his own dick when his games and advice are actually legit bad, Kevin Siembieda for being totally insane in regards to marketing/copyright and the robotech thing, Loren L. Coleman for embezzling enough money to basically kill entire ranges and drastically lower quality of several games, Matt Ward for fluffover9000bloathammer, Gavin Thorpe for being the last and shitiest of the old guard gw lore and writers, whoever the hell is in charge of Spartan Game's line development ADD. I'm sure there are more, but those stand out the most. There's probably an enormous list of kickstarters that just took the money and ran or halfassed it. MtG developers is tricky because its pretty shit anyway. Ivory Tower game design Monte Cook is probably in there somewhere too.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>48163289
Monte Cook
3rd Edition
Ptolus
Monte cook's WOD
Numenera
Dungeon a day.com
a bunch of shitty novels.
>>
>>48164740
There are worse people, but the fact that he is so overhyped puts him in a kind of superhack sweetspot.
>>
>>48164758
I mean, sure there are worse people out there.
But are there people out there who has been involved in this much awful shit who are still even close to this hyped?

I think not.
>>
>>48164740
Let's not forget the CoC d20 adaptation. John Tynes did a great job distancing the Mythos from Derleth bullshit and wrote some of the best horror GM advice I've ever seen in that book and it got buried by Monte Cook's shitty system that was never meant to handle the type of game it was written for.
>>
>>48164740
I do kind of like Cypher System though.

I have a lot of problems with it, and it isnt as universal as he thinks it is. But for the most part I think it's okay.

But yeah, I hate damn near everything else he does. Including the setting and fluff of his two Cypher games.
>>
I feel like someone has to bring up Wil Wheaton, just because he's such a dick.

Of course, his actual hackitude is limited slightly by not actually being a game designer and just being in the general media-sphere surrounding gaming.

>>48164873
I think the problem is that Monte Cook just never got out of the fucking D&D mindset of "Kill shit, get loot to kill more shit" and it just infects everything he does. Which wouldn't be such a problem if he, and people who hire him, didn't insist on him writing other shit.
>>
>>48163795
Definitely Siembieda. Wick is a dick but Siembieda just takes the cake in sheer retardation.
>>
File: Tabar zin.jpg (18 KB, 600x290) Image search: [Google]
Tabar zin.jpg
18 KB, 600x290
>>48163289

Probably a battle axe? Or maybe a halberd.

Can't get much hackier than that.
>>
>>48165035
Don't forget Felicia Day
>>
>>48165035
I actually hate wil wheaton more because of it. These other guys are hacks, but at least they are producing shit. Other than "lol im king of the nerds, bow to me shitheads... oh and fuckugly day is your queen"

On top of that the video where he calls out all men to be more accepting of a female lead role in star wars ep7 and rogue one made me rage so hard

He literally made an argument again something that nobody ever made.

Just the self righteous attitude overall would make it increibly easy to ignore the guy if i ever met him irl.
>>
>>48165126
wrong hack anon!

I'm pretty sure Netrunner has best hackers!
>>
>>48165194
the guy really is one of the worst internet white knights out there
>>
File: 1462987447394.png (45 KB, 489x301) Image search: [Google]
1462987447394.png
45 KB, 489x301
>>
>>48165191
Sure she's awful, but at least she only infests video games with stupid fucking cameos, and then leaves them alone.
That's literally the extent of her.

That's not being a hack.

>>48165194
I think the time he tried to use a girl's suicide to end internet anonymity was worse.
Or that time he argued that tax payers needed to build celebrities a special terminal in an airport so he wouldn't have to mingle with commoners.

But, agian, that's not hacky, that's just being shitty.

>>48165211
Why not split the difference and say Shadowrun?
>>
File: 1452636346085.jpg (131 KB, 748x337) Image search: [Google]
1452636346085.jpg
131 KB, 748x337
>>48165194
You know I work with the guy and Felicia Day. He's generally pretty nice but can get a bit shitty if he loses control of a situation. Felicia is the shyest person I've ever met. Constant deer in headlights.
>>
>>48164207

Holy shit is she fat
>>
>>48165274
fuckugly day has made forays into nerdy boardgames. it will only be a matter of time
>>
>>48165258
I want to play a game with these guys.

Purely to REPEATEDLY veto their actions because it's "not realistic", and if they say someone else got to do it, I'd dock XP for "Arguing".

Because I'm a dick.
>>
>>48165344
I dont think felicia is a terrible person, but i just hate her self appointed queen of the nerds aspect she has taken and how so many have fallen in love with her. i just dont get it
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 221x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 221x320
>>48164105
Definitely not. Sure he made Grey Knights into the hated fuckboys they are today, and hoisted the Smurfs into a stupid holiest-of-all Marines, but the game was damn well balanced, or at least better than the shit we have now.
>>
>>48165410
People need to stop pretending he makes good crunch.
Because he didn't.

Leaving aside the fact that the Daemons he wrote were completely retardedly broken, there's also the fact that the shit he wrote for 40k is only balanced in light of the OTHER SHIT HE WROTE FOR 40k.
>>
File: 001.jpg (33 KB, 313x231) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
33 KB, 313x231
>>48165379
on one hand i agree, on the other i really would like to cum inside of felicia day
>>
>>48165470
This. Ward only likes a handful of armies and if you don't play Ward Knights/Wards of Chaos fuck you.
>>
>>48165567
You'd cum inside anyone, though.
>>
>>48165344
>Shyest people I've ever met

>Has a podcast called Vaginal fantasy, tweets about the status of her pubes, has several websites dedicated to herself, literally lives on attention.
>>
>>48165567
I agree with the cumming part. At least with Felicia Day it doesn't seem like an act, the whole 'awkward girl' thing genuinely feels like her personality.
>>
I dont think ward should be on this list. Sure the guy had no business writing codeces, but what makes someone a hack to me is a proclamation of superiority and infanted public ego. The guy was pretty silent through it all. The only evidence of the man existing we have is a mugshot in some of the white dwarfs.

All other hacks make themselves into these celebrities deserving of their perceived fame.
>>
>>48165682
I hate how social media has made that sort of narcissim not only common but socially accepted as well.
>>
Adam Koebel and Sage LaTorra are hacks who made a terrible hack

Dungeon world's only good quality is it's core mechanic which was straight lifted from apoc world, EVERYTHING exclusive to dungeon world is trash
>>
>>48165698
I mean, he's not even the worst writer who's worked for GW.
>>
>>48165907
His stories are ridiculous, but at least they are well written. I find myself entertained.
>>
>>48165929
>At least they are well written.

I mean that's just not true.

You may be entertained, but you cannot assign them a value of "Well written".
>>
>>48165682
Swear to god, she has issues communicating in person but is very open over the internet.
>>
>>48163289
Chris A Field.
Makes shitty 3.pf games over subjects that are "totally not Magical Realms, I swear guys!" Chooses fuck ugly art aspects for his long winded explanations for his settings, and strawmans out the ass.
>>
>>48166015

Checks out, lots of people with social anxiety and shit overcompensate/feel more open on the internet.
>>
>>48163795
Both are pompous ass-hats. John Wick's 'Play Dirty' guide to DM'ing is probably the BIGGEST 'self-fellating' piece of ego stroking dog-shit I've read in ages. It's quite literally 'That GM' the guide by John Wick.

* Bonus - Derek Smart showed up in all his usual delusional glory in a PC game forum and someone commented "Oh look! The Ego has landed!"
>>
>>48165763
>EVERYTHING exclusive to dungeon world is trash

So... nothing? it has NO original mechanics
>>
>>48166142

I mean, have we forgotten where we are?
>>
I cast my vote for John Wick.

He literally, actually crashes people's games to tell them they're having badwrongfun, you can't top that.
>>
File: 1401115315066.jpg (314 KB, 1038x1393) Image search: [Google]
1401115315066.jpg
314 KB, 1038x1393
>>48163289

Surprised no one has mentioned "how do I balance a game? Let's see how hard I find picking this mouse up is!" KSR who used to work at paizo.

>>48166142

Your mom is more open on the internet.
>>
>>48166789
every single thing bolted onto the apoc world chassis.

Jesus fuck I can't think of a worse setting to use apoc world rules for than high fantasy adventure.
>>
>>48166958
Already mentioned.
>>
>>48166958

SKR? Yeah he's a fucking cunt. I really hope they make Pathfinder 2.0 without him and without dumbass feat chains.
>>
>>48166975
>Jesus fuck I can't think of a worse setting to use apoc world rules for than high fantasy adventure.

Superheroes?

I dunno.
>>
>>48167056
Already done

Check out Masks RPG
>>
>>48165763
This triggers me slightly because as much as I think Koebel is an SJW fuck, I quite like him as a Streamer and GM

Dungeon World is...meh
>>
File: 1386621027337.jpg (7 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
1386621027337.jpg
7 KB, 225x224
>>48166958

Still can't belie this though, changing a rule because he physically couldn't do it himself.

YOU SHOULDN'T BASE THE NORM OF A SYSTEM ON YOUR OWN CAPABILITIES, BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY AS A FUCKING LOSER.
>>
>>48164671

she was around long before she hooked up with Quinns
>>
>>48164671
>And that's not touching her prior claim to fame which will not be discussed on this board (google her if you really want to know that hurricane-of-piss)
Talk about it
>>
>>48163289
Paizo. They're like WotC but less creative.
>>
>>48167350
Shitty tech journalist being a shitty tech journalist.

It very easily gets into GG territory which will mean the thread will get super derailed super quick. (Because someone has to tell everyone how terrible GG is to show people on an anonymous image board how cool he is for disliking them silly nerds, and some faggot is going to pick up the bait and off we go)

>>48167403
Paizo is a company, not a person, a non-person can't be a hack.

>>48167127
Guys...
What happens when he realises he can't cast spells?
>>
>>48167484
>Paizo is a company, not a person, a non-person can't be a hack.
A company can be a hack company if it's made up of hacks beings hacks.
>>
>>48167484
>What happens when he realises he can't cast spells?
Ever been to /X/?

He probably thinks he can.
>>
>>48164144
I have the privilege of not knowing many hacks.
I consider it a blessing.
>>
>>48166917
This.

It's one thing to publish articles and books trying to espouse your shitty GMing style as good GMing when most everyone thinks of your style as the epitome of "That GM," it's one thing to tailor your games to punish people who would want to play them in a way or with characters you don't want them to, but actually going to cons and crashing people's larps set in one of your settings just to walk around and bitch how everyone is playing wrong? You've ascended into a new level of asshattery.

Another vote for Wick, for being the only game designer that honestly crashes games to tell people they're having badwrongfun.
>>
>>48163289
kek, I miss all the hackposting when GF was still on the air
>>
>>48164135
The un-enlarged picture makes him look like he's smirking and I hate it.
>>
>>48165672
or anything.

smugjizzedonface.jpg
>>
>>48166899
Fuck you and your realism, you dog faced douchewaffle.

That being said, you bring up cogent points.
>>
>>48168627
wut?
>>
>>48167056
I think it would work pretty well for superheros
What its shit for is anything very combat heavy with character advancement that breaks it's low numerical granularity and doesn't play nice with GM fiat.

Which is exactly high fantasy dungeon crawling.
>>
>>48163349
What the fuck did they make?

Also Gary Gygax is up there.
>>
>>48163289
Every single deranged moron working for Paizo.
>>
>>48167045
>Pathfinder 2.0
Is that even a thing? It seems like it sort of defeats the purpose of pathfinder extending 3.5's lifespan
>>
>>48171917
Pathfinder's purpose was to exploit the divide caused by WotC's toxic marketing campaign which greatly fueled the early edition wars. They only care about what makes them money.
>>
>>48167056
That could (should?) be pretty good though. Superheroes stories are basically high octane interpersonal drama, which is basically the boilerplate for AW.
>>
>>48169811
He's referring to OP-picture. The man on it is Alex Hirsch, creator of cartoon Gravity Falls (GF) that was popular on /co/

However many fans on /co/ were unhappy with direction the cartoon took later on giving rise to "Hirsch is a hack" posts.
>>
>>48163289
They're all hacks: the creativity is in video and board games.
>>
>>48172279
Fuck /co/. That guy has made the same standard of cartoon since he got on CN. No one cared about him until he started putting epic may mays into his shows.

4chan is just as bad as the rest of the internet.
>>
>>48172354
>creative
>video games

Pick one, you shit.
>>
>>48172374
>>>/v/
>>
>>48167045
Sean K. Reynolds was hired by Wizards recently actually. As someone in charge of keeping the Forgotten Realms lore organized for their writers iirc, not in any rules development capacity.
>>
>>48164105
>one of the guys directly responsible for LotR:SBG
>hack
kill yourself
>>
File: themdoverboys.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
themdoverboys.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>48172406
Whoops. Revealed my power level there. Let me rephrase:

Everything is shit. It wasn't always, but it always will be.
>>
>>48172415
I guess he works for Monte Cook Games now, too, or maybe is no longer working for Wizards since his position was contract-based. Just did some research to make sure I didn't have my foot entirely in my mouth on that.
>>
>>48164626
Wick won't kill your character. He'll just kill and abuse any and all support characters and dependents you wrote into your PC's back story.
>>
>>48172363
>4chan is as bad as the rest of the Internet.

Get out faggot; we are always right, our shit smells like roses and we never get triggered over other people having opinions we don't.

I bet you like skub too, you degenerate cuck.
>>
>>48164740
>Monte Cook
Eh. some of his stuff is okay, others are not.

I quite liked Ptolus, as far as published settings and dungeon crawl adventures go. What was your problem with it?

I understand people not liking Monte Cook's influence on where 3.x went, and that's fair enough (though they may have still tried to make it the CCG edition without him, you never know).

His WoD was crap.

I hear Numenera has an interesting setting, and passable mechanics, and there's supposedly a better designed revision to numenera. Haven't played it though.

Dungeon a day had a decent adventure path (Dragon's Delve) that I've played through the first half of. My GM seemed to quite enjoy it.
>>
>>48168673
He's always smirking. Dude's an arrogant fuck. Sucks 'cause I fucking loved 7th Sea.
>>
>>48171971
>They only care about what makes them money.
Which is mostly adventures, including selling digital copies of old adventures.

I expect if/when they do make a Pathfinder 2e, it will be very similar to Pathfinder 1e, and largely backwards compatible, rather than a completely different game like WotC likes to do.

They may forego/forestall the whole new edition idea and instead just put out an updated corebook, like Catalyst did for Shadowrun 4.
>>
Fucking Chris A. Field is the goddamn worst.
>>
File: bulmahn.jpg (48 KB, 250x375) Image search: [Google]
bulmahn.jpg
48 KB, 250x375
>>48163289
This nigga. He took Monte Cook's shitty game system and gave it new life all while patting himself on the back and feeding a legion of autistic monsters who refuse to try any other system
>>
>>48166917
>I cast my vote for John Wick.
>He literally, actually crashes people's games to tell them they're having badwrongfun, you can't top that.

I can top that...

John Wick, back when I was an L5R CCG player and he was a bigshot at AEG, called me up one time, to tell me I had won a trip to GenCon for a contest they had published in the Imperial Assembly fanzine. They hadn't mentioned there would be a prize, so this was a real shock to me. I believe it was paid admission, a paid room, and they would even let me ride up from SoCal to Wisconsin with them, otherwise I'd have to pay my own transportation. I was so happy, you wouldn't believe it. It was like a dream come true:

me: "This SO fucking cool, man! Hey, when is GenCon anyway?"

John Wick: "It's tomorrow! We leave at 6 AM."

me: "Dude. Dude... Whudaphuque are you talking about?"

I was working at a job where I had to travel all over north america, usually for a month or two at a time. I was in... Atlanta or Pensacola or some other shit hole, and no way was I going to get time off from my boss with only 12 hours notice. Dream aborted, cause that fuckwitted manchild had no idea that other people have real lives too, and aren't just actors waiting in the wings, to run on stage and adore him for awhile, then exit stage right.
>>
>>48173856
Wow.

See now, with a few months notice, that would have been awesome.
>>
>>48173856
I mean, it sucks that he didn't think to, maybe, call a few days/weeks ahead, but he doesn't know your situation. He doesn't know your life. It's his fault for not realizing that maybe he shouldn't wait until the day before to do it, but that's just poor planning, and it happens to everyone every so often.

If he had been obstinate, or acted like he expected you to drop literally everything, potentially to your detriment, just to go with him, on the other hand...
>>
>>48172469
He specifically ruled that a charater with immunity ,in a game where it literally stops all negative effects of contagion, not only suffered from a made up affliction he made, but his immunity made him immune to the cure.

He went on to brag about this as if he was a fucking genius. So, he invalidated character choices at chargen to punish a player because how dare you not play a base line human who fails 90% of the time.
>>
File: 1416301504016.jpg (44 KB, 704x519) Image search: [Google]
1416301504016.jpg
44 KB, 704x519
>>48163289
Mearls.
>>
>>48163795
>>48163856
>>48164011
Wick's gotten marginally better the past few months. While it remains to be seen whether the success of 7th Sea 2nd Edition really will go to his head and make him disregard other people's criticism forever and eternity (as many have predicted, and frankly are sort of justified in given what we know about him historically), the fact is that thus far he's actually been surprisingly good about listening to the critics when it comes to revising rules, wordings, etc. On the one hand, getting a million dollars for his game is an ego booster like no other and Wick's the last person on Earth who needs an ego boost. On the other hand, it also holds him up to standards he hasn't had to face in basically ever. No more unedited "Little Games" schlock with instafiltered photographs for art. He now sees a brilliant future career in front of him, and he knows that he will risk it by shitting on all the people who gave him so much money. He's too ambitious to do it (somebody else might've just gone "screw this and fuck you all, I already have your million dollars", but Wick is unlikely to because he'll feel like he's losing all the potential money he COULD make in the future).
>>
>>48173979
I dont give a shit about Wick but I am beyond tired of devil's advocates.
>>
>>48173979
The secret is that the first edition of 7th Sea, unlike most of Wick's games, was not actually made by the guy himself. There were a ton of other writers to keep him in check and replace him on the right direction whenever he got too masturbatory, and since 90% of the Kickstarter contributions he got were nostalgia-fueled and he knows it, he can't deviate too hard from some parts of the game's feeling without losing it. He HAS to keep writing the same as he did when he was reigned in by saner people (notice that the vast majority of GM advice in the new book is actually pretty solid, on part with 7th Sea 1st edition. None of Wick's usual "if the players kill an NPCs, disappear them forever without a save").
>>
>>48173979
>>48173994
Of course, some of it also represents poor attempts at overcompensating for past mistakes by someone who doesn't know what they're compensating for. "Everyone always complained that 7th Sea 1st edition made characters too weak and challenges too hard. The right solution is to make characters start as gods among men and make it impossible to fail, right?"
>>
Luke motherfucking Crane. Everybody keeps saying how good his games are, but here's the thing: I don't know and never will, because I've never been able to bring myself to read 100 pages of his shittery in succession. There's just only so much smug superiority and purple prose and "I'M A GENIUS AND EVERYONE ELSE IS A RETARD AND LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY" a guy can take before closing the book.
>>
>>48173979
>On the other hand, it also holds him up to standards he hasn't had to face in basically ever. No more unedited "Little Games" schlock with instafiltered photographs for art. He now sees a brilliant future career in front of him, and he knows that he will risk it by shitting on all the people who gave him so much money. He's too ambitious to do it (somebody else might've just gone "screw this and fuck you all, I already have your million dollars", but Wick is unlikely to because he'll feel like he's losing all the potential money he COULD make in the future).
Wick is exactly the kind of person who would look at the success of his kickstarter as people approving of him doing exactly what he's doing now exactly how he does it now.

Like it blows my mind that that many people gave him that much money. Clearly these people have no idea who John Wick really is and how he operates.
>>
Come on /tg/ all this John Wick hate and not one mention of the pile of shit that was Houses of the Blooded? He tried to market it as the 'anti D&D' (while ignoring his products similarities to Vampire) in order to generate some kind of enthusiasm for his magnum opus.

Classic Hack author behaviour
>>
>>48164096
As a vet Apocalypse world GM and someone who rose to GM maturity on PBtA games, I would say that Apocalypse World is a great system, but it does have its share of flaws, especially in the GM advice section.

Most of it is great advice for, as you said, making punchy HBO style dramas, but it has a number of unsaid lessons. Like, in retrospect, I can see that it could be termed 'fail forward in style' and one of the unsaid lessons is about parsing situations so that if the consequences of a failure is just a stall then that is either meaningful or eluted.

The second is that players typically don't like control be wrested from their character so you have to be really delicate with how you model failure. I annoyed at least a couple of players in my early days by having their character fuck up when they failed the roll.
>>
File: thumbnail-HTCUga.jpg (35 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail-HTCUga.jpg
35 KB, 275x200
>>48174271
Or his great 'Blood and Honor', John Wick's interpretation of how samurai should be.
>>
>>48165274
>Or that time he argued that tax payers needed to build celebrities a special terminal in an airport so he wouldn't have to mingle with commoners.
LOL I bet he thinks he'd be in the celebrity terminal.
>>
>>48165377
They'd just play mages, Anon.
>>
>>48174314
I like Blood and Honor. Not because of the game at all, but any time some chucklefuck pulls the old "they didn't try to make L5R authentic on purpose because it's fantasy!" defense, I like to pull out Blood and Honor and show them that, no, Wick really did have no fucking clue about Japan and samurai beyond half a movie he barely remembers.
>>
>>48174348
Agreed 1000%
>>
>>48174314
>>48174271
Not a fan of Blood and Honor, but I really liked Houses of the Blooded back in the day.
Probably because of how similar it was to Vampire and how much I loved WoD at the time...
>>
>>48174429
John Wick is still a hack though. I don't want to give you the wrong idea.
>>
File: 1428465636664.jpg (98 KB, 635x457) Image search: [Google]
1428465636664.jpg
98 KB, 635x457
>>48164207
God dammit, Leigh got out of her pen?! WHO the fuck left the door on the Twittershitter cage open??
>>
>>48174448
Quinns.
I love his videos but I hate what he and Weaton are doing to the hobby.
>>
>>48167056
>>48167077
>>48172240
Haven't checked Masks yet, but Worlds in Peril was pretty good.
>>
File: CragHackBarbarian.jpg (6 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
CragHackBarbarian.jpg
6 KB, 128x128
>>
>>48174496
What is Quinns doing to the hobby? In his videos his biggest complaints are pretty focused on component quality and labyrinthian/poorly written rules, is doing something else?
>>
>>48174538
He brings social activism shit into it, though I've got to hand it to him, he tends to keep it out of his reviews.
>>
>>48173912
>I mean, it sucks that he didn't think to, maybe, call a few days/weeks ahead, but he doesn't know your situation. He doesn't know your life.
What possible reason could you think it would ever be acceptable to call someone up the day before a multi-day trip and tell them you're leaving at 6am the next morning? I can only think if they are a NEET or something.

That being said I don't think that makes him the biggest hack, just an asshole.
>>
>>48163349
>>48163665

Hi virt. Done getting assblassed baout the same subject in yet another thread yet?
>>
>>48174788
Oh hey Adam.
>>
>>48174554
So whassafuggenproblem
>>
bemp
>>
File: CGL Embezzlement Apology.png (558 KB, 1045x763) Image search: [Google]
CGL Embezzlement Apology.png
558 KB, 1045x763
>>48164011
>Jason Hardy is STILL around being a shithead who helped cover up embezzlement
>>48164720
>Loren L. Coleman for embezzling enough money to basically kill entire ranges and drastically lower quality of several games

This, so much. The CGL embezzlement was eye-opening for me in a lot of ways.

I learned that there actually was money to be made in tabletop, at least if you're willing to do things like not pay writers and artists for three years and to flat-out steal royalties.

I learned that, despite what the TV taught me about sharks in suits, management at a big company like Topps doesn't actually sic their lawyers on people who steal hundreds of thousands of dollars, or even just take away the license.

And I learned that some people will do anything for a hint of affection. Hardy got to his job by lying forever and protecting Coleman as a million dollars was stolen and the RPG that he said he loved (Shadowrun) went into a nosedive in terms of quality. Bull got his job by being the internet warrior who would show up and ban people who wanted to address the issue of this massive theft, because I think the dude would stab his own mother if it let him self-insert a little harder. All the freelancers and staff who actually gave a shit about the lines left, now it's whatever poor schmuck is desperate enough to write for SR or Battletech, AND COLEMAN STILL HAS ALL THE MONEY.

It's well known what he did, CGL even admits it (see pic) but he never gave the money back. He gets to wake up in the literal mansion he built with embezzled money, not answer to anyone, and carry on like none of it happened.
>>
>>48163289
Jimmy Rome
>>
>>48163349
>no one even realizes the Firefly influences
You say that like Firefly influences is a good thing.
>>
>>48174788
The one thing virt got right was Dungeon World being horse shit.
>>
>>48164144
He's a scapegoat to be honest. Ward is reviled because every codex he wrote had 3-5 retarded (even by 40k standards) fluff pieces. On the rules side of things he wasn't bad at all. Certainly nowhere near Cruddace who wrote the laughably weak Tyranids and the crazy OP Guard.

But since /tg/ cares a lot about fluff and doesn't actually play the game Ward got crapped on a lot more.
>>
>>48167056
This >>48172240

Played in one that was in development (can't remember the name, but the playbooks were stuff like "The Muscle" and "The Brains") that worked out well. 50% of superhero stories is all the shit the heroes throw at each other, and the other 50% is some bullshit happening that pulls the rug out from under them, which matches up perfectly to AW.
>>
>>48165258
This guy seems like the same sort of person who would have pistol-crossbows in his faux-late-medieval setting, because guns are "unrealistic".
>>
>>48174347
I'm sure that's the point of designing such systems.
>>
>>48174554
Do you want tabletop and boardgames to be infested with sjws? Theyve already overran magic
>>
>>48175496
Kids who can't be friends with people who don't share 100% of their politics.
>>
>>48174347
That's definitely what I do when I play Pathfinder.

If I'm not playing a mage, I'm playing a gimmicky martial for a 1-shot.
>>
>>48178760
Autism can't be negotiated with.
>>
File: coleman withdrawls.png (435 KB, 902x438) Image search: [Google]
coleman withdrawls.png
435 KB, 902x438
>>48177951
This gets my vote. I wasn't even aware of this before I started reading /tg/. The general consensus is that Shadowrun can only be saved if it is somehow given or sold to another game company that isn't Catalyst, and that's not likely.
>>
File: coleman_draws.png (189 KB, 716x509) Image search: [Google]
coleman_draws.png
189 KB, 716x509
>>48179955
>>
File: CGL Distribution.jpg (389 KB, 1150x386) Image search: [Google]
CGL Distribution.jpg
389 KB, 1150x386
>>48179955
>>48179975
It's a travesty. And the thing is, anyone who wants to save Shadowrun can't, because nobody knows who the owners of CGL are. Coleman is, I think, the only one publicly named, but there are several others who did jack and shit during this whole thing. You can't buy them out if you don't know who to write the checks to, and Topps for whatever reason won't just rip the licenses away bloodily.

The only good thing is that Eclipse Phase and Cthulhutech managed to get reclaimed by their creators, and it's a bad day when the best news is, "Cthulhutech will still be published."
>>
>>48172462
>It wasn't always
Citation fucking needed.
>>
>>48173912
It's ridiculously stupid planning. Calling people up the day before is unacceptable.

If I was cynical about it, I'd say it was very convenient that he didn't have to actually PAY for the prize, seeing as he called on such short notice...
>>
>>48179955
>>48179975
Where did these numbers come from.

Also, wow. That's some embezzlin' right there.
>>
File: Cry.jpg (26 KB, 427x231) Image search: [Google]
Cry.jpg
26 KB, 427x231
>>48180572
They were made by Phil DeLuca (ketjak), one of the co-owners
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=a42b60b08ea0d00ae080790a99bfc30e&showtopic=30595&st=325&p=915473&#entry915473

>The graphs are just visual representations of a long spreadsheet detailing all of the "draws" (still using that term, since that's what it was billed as by IMR) IMR claims were made by Loren L. Coleman. There were 15 positive contributions in there as well, but the net was overwhelmingly negative (in terms of draws vs. "deposits"). I could already picture the draws this way, but to see it made me feel a bit angry and quite disgusted. Understandable, I think, although I remain amazed at how little anger many of the the other members expressed and especially at their continued support of the Colemans and Randall N. Bills.

>I'm not angry any more, just disappointed and a little sad.

If you want to know more,
https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?506853-Shadowrun-Battletech-Et-Al-The-Catalyst-Thread-part-two/page20
http://www.therpgsite.com/showthread.php?16753-CGL-doing-down-WTH/page14

Or just Google Frank Trollman; he's a ex-writer for Shadowrun who did a lot of the information-gathering and posting during this whole thing, giving a peek behind the curtain.
>>
File: dowjnload.jpg (3 KB, 215x234) Image search: [Google]
dowjnload.jpg
3 KB, 215x234
>>
>>48180785
>dowjnload
Is there a joke I don't get there?
>>
>>48180836
Isn't that usually the case?
>>
>>48178025

hi virt
>>
>>48177973
I would say this, if it weren't for the fact that he hasn't actually taken any money yet. That's his one saving grace; he's fucked about, unable to release the game he promised...but it's only hurting himself, and he's released everything so far for free.
>>
>>48181011
I'm but a simple man who enjoys simple things, sorry.
>>
I have no idea why anyone is talking about John Wick, Dungeon World creators, or Matt Ward. I mean they've all made something succesfully in the past. You might be moving closer to the mark with Will Wheaton, or SuSD; journalists are more hacks than the people who actually do the game designs are, but their content is at least on the higher end of quality (since there's so few decent reviewers).

Rob Florence of Rockpapershotgun is the biggest hack in the tg scene. He is not only a bland, uninspiring writer, but also stylistically inconsistent. For months he wrote his column insisting that he was not, in fact, a board game reviewer, but instead was a table, on which other people played board games. Apart from this he skips having to perform original critical thought at any point by simply narrating the mechanics of the game he is currently 'reviewing'. At no point does he compare games to other, similar games in the same genre, advise readers of similar/better games, provide any interesting articles using his position as a paid columnist by say, getting interviews with designers or early reviews... apart from this he produces a pitifully low amount of content and can't even take his own pictures for the articles.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/20/the-midnight-table-one/#more-161394
>>
>>48165682
As long as she doesn't pics of her pubes, I don't care about her.
>>
>>48172354
You literally coudnt be any more wrong.
>>
>>48181034
>the
>>
On this day, we are all Virt.
>>
>>48181644
I'm not Virt.
>>
>>48181735
hi virt
>>
>>48165379
I'd totally bone her if I could
>>
>>48165379
I just think people like having a girl nerd representative that is not an autistic hambeast.

I would totally hit that, though.
>>
>>48165698
I want to cut him some slack too. He messed up but at least he was a fan of the game. He wasn't some soulless suit or outside talent that had no idea what he was doing. He was just a fan that wasn't as good at his job as he should have been.
>>
>>48165379
I do think she's a terrible person. I think she's prejudiced, and just generally not a nice person to leech content off of.

This is why I would gleefully hatefuck her, because that is my fetish.
>>
>>48165907
That's CS Goto. Though he's not a hack either
>>
>>48174728
Oh it very much isn't. It's a failure of planning, and smacks of being either a severe procrastinator, or just wanting someone to pat you on the back and tell everyone how awesome you are for letting them come out with you.

It makes him a prick, but neither the biggest prick nor the worst hack imaginable in the RPG industry. It attests to other, worse problems.

>>48180418
It is entirely likely that the reason is that someone in their group couldn't go, so they just needed a +1 so they weren't losing money. Which is a problem in and of itself.
>>
>>48163349
You can't copyright game rules.
>>
>>48181978
>goto
>not a hack

He craps out books that are only tangentially related to the rest of 40K, both in style and in how much it related to the rest of canon.
>>
>>48163289
Richard Garfield. I love the guy to death but I can't for the life of me fathom how a math PhD fucked up making two math-based card games so badly. What in the actual fuck man.
>>
>>48174027

I know who he is. I'm just hoping for setting books and pretty art that I can then run as something else.
>>
>>48164671
>that article
This is what we call the "girlfriend effect" in my circle. My tumblr-loving girlfriend also flips out and gets emotional and frustrated when trying to be taught complex board/tabletop games. I got her salty just trying to play Magic one time. She loves how all this stuff looks visually and lore-wise though, it's the mechanics that kill her.
>>
>>48181886
Why do you think she is prejudiced?
>>
>>48181835
I don't think there has to be a "girl nerd" representative. I'd rather icons of nerd hobbies be people who actually contribute to the hobbies in a way that isn't reliant on them being a celebrity.

If Felicia Day is able create a track record of making good games, then that would make her worthy of a "queen of nerds" title. Not because of an image she has cultivated as an actress.

tl;dr Icons ought to be people like Gygax, or John Carmack, not the "nerd" equivalents of Paris Hilton or Tila Tequila.
>>
>>48185882
>tl;dr Icons ought to be people like Gygax, or John Carmack, not the "nerd" equivalents of Paris Hilton or Tila Tequila.
so

fucking

this.

these so called 'representatives' need to be more ingrained in the hobby and be part of it. rather than the 'look at me im popular, love me!' trash we are getting. And plebs are eating it up like its mana from heaven.
>>
>>48183736
We should all rember that this is the man that thinks tyranids have multilasers.
>>
>>48186005
Sadly they want to feel like they're inclusive so they sperg over folks like Day so they can show a world (that really doesn't give a shit) how inclusive and girl-friendly their hobbies are because they're all thirsty autists.
>>
>>48185882
>>48186005
>log into plebbook
>make a deep and thoughtful post on the state of our world
>3 likes
>random qt makes "hey, look at my new haircut" post
>1,427,189 likes

this is the world we live in. you're welcome.
>>
>>48188962
That's only because you're not as deep and thoughtful as you think you are, and everyone blocked you from their feeds because they got sick of your inane shit.
>>
>>48189016
But I am as deep and thoughtful as I think I am, as evidenced by everyone blocking me from their feed.
>>
>>48183749
What's wrong with Magic and Android?

and King of Tokyo/New York and RoboRally are fun as fuck
>>
>>48189937
>Android
Fuck, I meant Netrunner.
>>
>>48184920

I had a player's wife who I foolishly let join us at the table. Look me dead in the eye and say "I am a very intelligent person but these rules just make no sense". The game? D&D 5E. I told her actually reading the players Hand book would be a start.

I passively aggressively banned them by moving the day of game night. Good riddance.
>>
>>48163349
Yep. 100% true.
DW is likely the most overrated game in the industry, which is easy since it is >Istealeverythingandcallithack/10

Koebel is literally everything that is wrong with the industry. He is a panderer to hipster faggots, who ruined RPGs in the last 5 years or so.
He does not know anything about games, yet indoctrinates newcomers into his cult.

Just watch the Being Everything Else it fucking insane and completely detached.
>>
>>48172871
>like Catalyst did for Shadowrun 4.
What is the difference between 4E and 20A?
>>
File: Picture 2.jpg (152 KB, 716x792) Image search: [Google]
Picture 2.jpg
152 KB, 716x792
Hey guys!

What's goin' on in this thr-
>>
>>48167350
OK. She was a major source of the shitstorm behind 'Gamergate', after she was caught banging a bunch of game devs/influential people and not recusing herself in her reviews, not aparrently realising the massive conflict of interest this generated. Then got hostile when called out on that shit, pronounced 'gamers' as a dead social group atc. etc.

But all that that shit isn't /tg/ related, so it's best to keep discussion to reasons why she's a hack in this hobby.
>>
>>48185478
I don't know about prejudiced, but she's been VERY shitty towards the stereotypical nerd.
VERY, VERY shitty.
"Cross the road when I see someone who looks like a nerd" shitty.
>>
>>48183749
>Netrunner
>A fuck up
Nigger quit posting lies on the internet.
>>
File: the-information.png (362 KB, 340x518) Image search: [Google]
the-information.png
362 KB, 340x518
>>48163349

>The result the D&D elements fucking up the game

this is hurting my brain I can't even continue to read the post
>>
>>48185882
There doesn't have to be anyone that represents anything, but young people enjoy ascociating with people that are not socially awkward or very old. I also think she just represents some kind of safe space for fa/tg/irls, and meanwhile fa/tg/uys hope they might have a sliver of a chance to bang her.

I have seen John Carmack talk in public and he is on the awkward side. Sure, he can express himself well in text, but he has a stereotypical poindexter voice and you just end up feeling sorry for him whenever he opens his mouth. So being clever and thoughtful is not enough if you can't present it in an appealing way to people. This is something Einstein figured out and people fawned over him as a celebrity.

>>48188962
This.

I do think Facebook is a shitty interface for communication, but it's also easy to find people with all kinds of interest there.
>>
>>48165191
Felicia Day at least promotes decent gaming. Weaton's ego is so ridiculously large and undeserved, and it just infects everything he does with smugness. Day is mostly background, done a few good things, and when she is playing a traditional game she's at least entertaining and knows the rules.
>>
>>48165258
Yeah, the entire Paizo staff have proven themselves incapable hacks who just produce enough volume with enough freelancers' effort to have a few good things buried in a garbage heap.
>>
>>48165035

Wil Wheaton is a disgusting human being. I really liked him until GG happened, watched the Tabletop show and even donated to their kickstarter. Then it was like he whipped off a mask and revealed the fucking cretin within.

Felicia is hot though. I'd love for her to be giving me a handy whilst I smear my shit on his unconscious face.
>>
>>48190929
Then imagine it says
>The result? The D&D elements fucking up the game

The punctuation and grammar is shit, but you being unable to read and interpret less-than-perfect posts on a Uyghur fingerbox forum is on you.
>>
>>48191130
Honestly, if it wasn't for shit like >>48190742 I wouldn't mind her.

The stupid her-centred DLC in dragon age 2 and similar things were dumb, sure, but it's not HER fault that people give her the status they do.
>>
>>48190449
Rules fixes, mostly. Like the difference between 3.0 and 3.5 D&D.

It also gave CGL the opportunity to do dumb bullshit like >>48180040
>>
>>48191297
It's not like Day was completely innocent in that fiasco though, with her line of something to the effect of "when I see people with CoD/Halo t-shirts, I cross the street so I don't have to pass them"
>>
>>48191076
>John Carmack
>go to youtube
>play his speech at BAFTAs

Seems perfectly fine. Not sure what kind of standards you have, sir.
>>
>>48191324
I think that was more along the lines of EA/Bioware pandering to a potential audience.
>>
>>48191478
Yeah, we need to talk more about the role of marketing in our hobby in 2016.
And that includes:
- nerd celebrities
-"star" game-designers
I don't know which is the bigger cancer.
>>
>>48191456
Pretty high standards. If I get bored listening to someone talk I start ignoring them.
>>
>>48191502
I think nerd celebrities are fairly harmless because most of them actually don't work in game design. They do create awareness, which is needed in a hobby that is currently competing against video games and soon virtual reality. I also don't think that celebrities are a real problem unless they want to force a real world political or ideological debate in a community.

"Star" game-designers is a bigger problem because they can end up with too much influence and their fame might be underserving because they were only good when they worked in a team.
>>
>>48191502
If those "star" game-designers are people like Carmack, then I don't mind. I did like it better when vidya directors were also programmers, and not Hollywood washouts.

I'll also be happy if they're completely bonkers like Yoko Taro.
>>
>>48191578
This anon is completely right. It's the superstar developers that inevitably cause real trouble -- think Schafer, Moleneux and Inafune.
>>
>>48191600
Creators also change with time and maybe get out of touch with the world. We would all love for our idols to stay consistently good forever, but few off them do.
>>
>>48191528
Bored? Yes. Feeling sorry for him? Naaaah.
>>
>>48191655

That's true. I've always said the problem is when "geeks" become rich and successful, they forget very quickly what it's like for the rest of us.

Apart from Notch, because Notch is based.
>>
>>48191452

Of course. I didn't mean she was innocent, just Wheaton and his smug fucking nerd-hating face is worse.

And obvs that I want to bang her.
>>
>>48191702
What the fuck is Notch up to nowadays?
>>
>>48191716
He's opening a chain of vacation resorts.
>>
>>48191655
>>48191600
>>48191597
>>48191578
>>48191502
>idols
>star designers

i know no such thing, i think it's patently absurd. some guys have put out some good content, that's it. the rest is bullshit marketing for idiots
>>
>>48191716
Bitching on twitter about how tough it is to be a billionaire, mostly.
>>
>>48191658
Maybe I was a bit on the hyperbolic side, but I was trying to make a point that most people just want someone charismatic to idolise rather than someone with actual insight into something.

I don't like it a whole lot either, but people are more inclined to absorb something if they are being entertained at some level. It's like how people remember the lessons of the teachers that made class fun and presented things in an easy to understand way. No one remembers the lessons of the boring teachers even if they shared good information.
>>
>>48191731
>I am the entirety of the world, and my thoughts and feelings are universal
>>
>>48191716
Mocking SJWs on Twitter and shitposting with the rest of us despite having a billion in the bank
>>
File: Mansplaining Notch.png (67 KB, 574x396) Image search: [Google]
Mansplaining Notch.png
67 KB, 574x396
>>48191716
>>
>>48191733
If I had that much money I would probably be annoyed over how many of my optimistic investments turns out to be a waste of money. Slowly I would lose faith in my fellow man with every investment I do.

>>48191960
At least he hasn't lost the common touch.
>>
>>48191764
>im a marketing victim
>>
>>48192077
What does it matter?

He wasn't talking about you. He was talking about people in general.
>>
Reminder that Matt Ward was called out by other designers for intentionally making Elves imbalanced as fuck (way too powerful for way too cheap) because he allowed his personal knife-ear preference to override any professionalism in game design.

When he was called out, he doubled down & admitted he wanted Elves to be OP because he felt they should be.
>>
>>48190240
>I am a very intelligent person but (...)
Do people (both faggots and women) who say this not realize that if they feel the need to state it, they definitely aren't?
>>
>>48193090
Obviously not, or they wouldn't say it.
>>
>>48163289
there are people on /tg/ who like dungeon world? Man, this place has really gone to the shitter.
>>
>>48194602
Fuck, ignore that, nearly thread hijacked there. Sorry.

Anyway, I'll say that Matt Ward guy.
>>
>>48190240
Given your passive aggression, and the fact that the wife weirdly thought she had to say she was intelligent, like >>48193090 said (and phrased in a very strange way, too), I am going to assume you were being a passive-aggressive little shit to her previously.
>>
>>48165194
I fucking hate him too. He's a terrible actor, a smug, self-import shithead, a total white knight and he's ugly on top of it.

The worst thing I've ever seen was him GMing titansgrave, an insufferable cocksucker running a bad game in a worse setting, holy shit.
>>
>>48165194
It's only the self-righteous attitude for me. I don't mind opinions different to my own, even when they're wildly different. It doesn't represent who you are. But, self-righteousness IS part of what you are, and I hate it.
>>
File: Fuck No.png (46 KB, 232x301) Image search: [Google]
Fuck No.png
46 KB, 232x301
>>48194958
>your opinions don't represent who you are

There's a difference between not hating someone off the bat for their dumb opinions, and being pantsonhead retarded.
>>
>>48195019
Yes. And?
>>
File: 1466826774399.gif (3 MB, 640x537) Image search: [Google]
1466826774399.gif
3 MB, 640x537
>>48163289
Pierce Fraser for two words:
Objectivism. Furries.
>>
File: Suicide.png (240 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
Suicide.png
240 KB, 428x456
>>48195178
I don't know about the objectivism, but I just googled his name and boy is it furry.

Like, you can have an animal-like species in your game, but the artwork for the Dracones kickstarter looks straight-up like a commission from a furry porn artist, touched up to replace the ripped jeans with space armour.
>>
>>48195756
Objectivism may have been the wrong term, basically corporations are the good guys and the old politcal groups (government, churches, etc.) are bad wrong guys.
>>
>>48194807
I am currently watching titansgrave and Wheaton is actually a decent GM, at least up to ep 3. The biggest problem I have with him is that he's a wish-fulfillment GM so far. His players don't have to accomplish anything, except posing off and rolling dice, leading to more posing off. There is NO challenge.
>>
>>48164135
who the fuck is this?
>>
>>48197094
>I can't read metadata
>>
>>48196037
But there are companies that are older than some significant religions.
>>
>>48196341
He's absolutely not horrible at being a GM, it's just titansgrave sucks, the plot is boring and like you said it's total wish fulfilment coupled with the fact I already dislike him for being a cunt.

Random people playing on roll20 have better games going on. Though players who are total spergs seem to ruin those from a watchability standpoint.
>>
>>48196341
>The biggest problem I have with him is that he's a wish-fulfillment GM so far. His players don't have to accomplish anything, except posing off and rolling dice, leading to more posing off. There is NO challenge.

Considering he made the whole fucking system be wish-fulfillment bullshit, that's to be expected

>OH U GUYS, in this system if you roll a crit, it'll be EPIC and the BESTEST THING ANYONE HAS EVER DONE AND RECORDED INTO THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD

I fucking dry-heaved when he described this mechanic in an introduction video. Roll a nat 20, your character is now literally a notable figure of importance and EPICNESS OF EPIC PROPORTIONS. Fucking memeshit.
>>
>>48198909
>new..
*never

fuck my cellphone.
>>
>>48185882

You know to be fair. I'm surprise that no one -ever- decided to name Vin Diesel as King of the Nerds or something like that. The title doesn't fit him, but hell. At least he isn't a hack and thankfully no one has written him up as such in this thread.
>>
>>48200413
That's the thing. He isn't a hack, but he isn't a king. He's just some guy who plays /tg/, and he doesn't make a big deal out of it, like 90% of people who play /tg/.

Wheaton is the kind of guy to crown himself 'King of the Nerds' and build his entire public persona around being 'that nerdy guy,' in the most obvious way possible so that everyone will recognize him as such.

Vin doesn't deserve to be put in that same category, even as a compliment.
>>
>>48198755
doesn't matter, they are the good guys.
also this is supposed to be a credible threat, even though if you min-max you stats at level 1 you can beat the living shit out of it.
>>
>>48197143
>doesn't realise 4chan strips metadata
>>
File: Screenshot (193).png (47 KB, 761x321) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (193).png
47 KB, 761x321
>>48200761
And I'm sure you thought you were right, too, but the tags remain
>>
>>48200857
> Save image
> scan for exif: nothing
> scan for text strings: "JFIF" header, nothing else
> takes screenshot of image, crops it, saves in a different format, and submits screenshot to google image search: same result as above

Google image search is not metadata, it's not a tag Anon, it's just a very good search program.
>>
>>48192621
Reminder that people have also said this about Daemons of Chaos and Orcs & Goblins, always without a source.

Also somehow he was biased towards Space Marines despite playing Necrons since before he worked for GW.
>>
>>48200572

You know I haven't watched any of these hacks before but you guys make the Will guy sound like a huge asshole. Almost like a jock pretending to be a nerd because he likes one nerdy thing and then brags about it?

Cause i've swear i've seen this comparison before he popped up, but can't remember where
>>
>>48201716
He's the kind of asshole who'd gleefully shout "nerdgasm!" without a hint of irony. The most obnoxious type of loud shit who wants everyone to know and see how nerdy exactly he is. Then throws in a token self-deprecating joke because nerds are way freaky haha.
>>
>>48201716
Wheaton is certainly not a jock, he's too whimpy and weirdo for that. But he's Hollywood merged with nerdism. Personally, I don't have issue with him, no one takes this King of Nerds stuff seriously anyway.

But, yeah, if you want to know what upper-class nerdism is like, look at Wil Wheaton.

>also, take any shit 4chan says with a grain of salt, dammit
>>
>>48196341
His uber-excited players, however, are quite insufferable, even though there is some good role-playing.
>>
File: 1396964308853.gif (423 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
1396964308853.gif
423 KB, 464x470
>>48191998

>Oh look notch said somethi- Ohhhhhh noooooooooooooo
>>
>>48202923
But it's okay, he's Sweedish
everything he says is politically correct.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.