[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is torrenting a movie what makes the movie companys shit down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /t/ - Torrents

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: 1399751420487.gif (2 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1399751420487.gif
2 MB, 300x169
Is torrenting a movie what makes the movie companys shit down isp throats which then threatens them to cut off the internet?

My isp says im on my last strike but i need to know if its from torrenting?

i want to torrent Smokey and the bandit but theres no way i can let my internet cut off. theyre the only isp in this area.
>>
>>695178
Don't push your luck and start using 256-AES encrypted VPNs. Your torrent will probably load slower, but at least you will have an increased chance of hiding your torrent usage.
>>
load a torrent app on an old android phone and hide it outside a public wifi hotspot that doesn't have a DNS ban on torrents. Make sure to provide it with a juice pack. Come check on your pet phone until it is done. Don't get caught.
>>
>>695178
Out of curiosity, what did you download that caused your ISP to warn you?

I mean i don't torrent that much and then most of the time just JAVs. Would they really care about that shit?
>>
what country are you from???
>>
damn this thread still alive? mods are really jacking off with 3 hands
>>
It's literally a couple bucks on Amazon.
Fuck off and your personal anguish over stealing shit.
>>
>>695178
use a newsgroup provider with vpn. ISP won't know what you're getting
>>
>>695240
GREENGO LAND
THE LAND OF FREEDOM HAHAHA!
>>
File: thread.png (335 KB, 1539x719) Image search: [Google]
thread.png
335 KB, 1539x719
>>695182
/thread

get a 0 knowledge encrypted vpn

open air is about 70 Euros a year and it gives you about 50 nodes to choose from.

>>695204
Usually they don't give a fuck about obscure shit. What happens a lot of the time is companies will torrent the copyrighted file themselves, since it allows them to get the IP addresses of everyone in the swarm, from there they can harass the ISP's which in turn will harass you. The way around this is using an encrypted VPN. Even though it is fairly obvious that you are torrenting because of the amount of traffic, they cannot prove that you are, or what it is.
>>
>>695436
ok thanks to clarify
>>
>>695182
Or get a seedbox. Hollywood has to raid my seedbox in Taiwan, and I paid in BTC.
>>
Why the fuck is this thread still up if it contains absolutely no torrents or magnets? This is an info request thread.

Take it to >>>/g/ or >>>/r/.
>>
>>695436
why not just find an offshore proxy from russia or china?
>>
>>695185
so lurk
>>
File: 1404800847769.jpg (257 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1404800847769.jpg
257 KB, 720x1280
>>695854
A russian would likely not have the need to download as much american content as it takes for a company to send a command requesting network providers warn a single user about those activities by chance that that user is actually causing economical or financial disruptions and harm, at which time the user is probably doing more than just torrenting file shared material.....
why then would an internet provider notify its client through post office about shutting internet off when they can just call and warn restriction and limitation of data sent and received and further cancellation
i'm assuming internet providers know what is happening.. and global conglomerates know what internet providers know.. but neither really want to hurt profits on either end
i doubt piracy has jack shit to do with the interests of creators rather than content
I vote this thread /t/ based content
>>
>>696233

You lost again >>>/x/?
>>
>>695178
I work for an ISP, no-one gives a shit and they hardly ever get followed up
>>
>friend thinks that Peerblock "hides" your IP from other peers and that the number of copyright trackers on a torrent actually affect your chances of getting detected/ getting a warning
>tell him that Peerblock only stops incoming connections, not outright blocking them (AKA they can still see you) and that the number of trackers doesn't mean anything, if one can get your IP then that's it to begin with
>"nuh-uh ur wrong"
>No, you're wrong, and you're missing the point
>"no u"
Should I try to explain this properly, or let him stay deluded? He also thinks that VPN's don't do anything as well.
>>
>>696400
unless he's using your connection who cares
you already tried to explain
>>
>>696233
>i'm floating on cocks
>teach us how to use dicks

Sides obliterated
>>
I have a semi-related question. I live in Eastern Europe, where torrenting is very loosely handled, and you can torrent any amount of copyrighted data without any consequences. However, I am currently staying in France for 2 weeks, and was wondering if I could get into trouble for downloading shit like h-games and other obscure stuff. I don't really want to risk a fine or something (if those are even given for torrenting), since I'm staying at my relatives and am using their internet. Any tips/advice?
>>
>>696976
AFAIK france is pretty strict with their copyright laws, but usually they only crack down on stuff that has been licensed in that country, so any obscure japanese stuff will probably not draw much attention. You should beware of CP laws though, some countries count any depiction of underage people doing H things as CP, even cartoons. Where I live (austria) according to law it is pretty much up to the judge what counts. I would be extra careful though, with all the surveilance because of the terrorist attacks...
>>
File: 1453415266336.png (481 KB, 509x480) Image search: [Google]
1453415266336.png
481 KB, 509x480
>>696233

>theres nothing better than cafe au semen i tell you!
>>
Use the Library's internet
>>
http://btguard.com
>>
File: Untitled-2.png (157 KB, 296x1025) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.png
157 KB, 296x1025
>>695436
>Even though it is fairly obvious that you are torrenting because of the amount of traffic
If you use cloud based storage for your personal files there is also a lot of traffic, so it's not obvious that you're torrenting
I myself use Private Internet Access, but most IP's are banned from 4chan or are on some kind of blacklist. Does AirVPN have the same problem?
>>
>>700506
Also, check these links to make sure you are secure:
https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/forum/discussion/2114/ipv6-leak-dns-leak-e-mail-ip-leak
>>
>>695178
>Move to a country that no one gives a fuck about
>Torrent the movie
>???
>PROFIT!!!!
>>
>>700567
No need to move personally, just get a VPN there.
>>
>>700506
>so it's not obvious that you're torrenting
actually, it is fairly easy to detect torrenting and distinguish it from other high-bandwidth traffic, even over VPN, SSH or encrypted torrent connections, just from the traffic pattern, packet sizes and timing and so on
of course, that just means they know you're torrenting *something*, which may as well be a Linux DVD
>>
>>696233
>IMPREGNATE MY ASS!
every fucking time
>>
I'm a bit cheap when it comes to purchasing anything... so any recommendations on inexpensive vpn services?
>>
>>695178
My ISP sent me one letter about downloading, I told them to fuck off and if they sent me any more they could stick their internet up their ass. That was 5 years ago and I never heard from them again.
>>
>>695279
>Fuck off and your personal anguish over stealing shit.
says the guy who's on /t/
>>
>>695178
GO to the LIBRARY!
D/L there,
>>
How do companies even find out you're torrenting something?
>>
>>712968
They use any number of torrent clients or other programs to open the torrent and look at the peerlist, just like any user can do.
>>
Get Kodi, you can watch anything on it without downloading
>>
File: 1328330610354.gif (169 KB, 272x200) Image search: [Google]
1328330610354.gif
169 KB, 272x200
Change your DNS servers like someone who isn't a fucking retard.
>>
>>713063
Not sure if trolling or pot calling kettle black.
>>
>>696233
>Satan, guide my cock!
>>
I've never heard of an ISP cutting off internet for torrenting

As far as I'm aware, those warnings are toilet paper OP.
>>
>>695178
they can really only track uploads so dont seed
>>
>>717756
who ever told you that did you a great disservice.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.