[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You like conspiracy? Never leave your home? Welcome to the N
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /t/ - Torrents

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20
File: tumblr_lksivfpdr41qcb2ozo1_1280.jpg (149 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lksivfpdr41qcb2ozo1_1280.jpg
149 KB, 1280x1024
You like conspiracy? Never leave your home? Welcome to the NHK.
720p
Dual audio

>magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D4520DD768CEB04F419BE5F9F7589E4F32A34242&dn=exiled+destiny+welcome+to+the+nhk+1+24+dual+audio&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337%2Fannounce
>>
>>678836
i love this series and basically needs a new season or some shit. would reccomend.
>>
>>678836
You probably should have posted this in the already-existing general anime thread.
>>657127
>>
About a year ago I tried to fix the horrible subs for this show. For anyone that doesn't know, pretty much the only good subs are the ones in the Oyasumi release, providing solid translations with a relatively unobtrusive styling, but the subs are hardcoded onto a horrible low quality video source. If you want to watch a better video quality, you are stuck with probably some of the shittiest subs I have seen in my life, both styling-wise and translation/consistency-wise (I pretty much gave up after the first episode), or you go for a dub, even though you probably shouldn't.

So, since the only way to see senpai's uncensored breasts is to watch non-oyasumi release, I basically OCR'd the Oyasumi subs and put them into separate .ass files. I checked them against http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=485170 video sources (thus retarded naming of the files) and they seem to be pretty good. They should work with this release as well (provided you rename the files).

You can find the subs here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/x9515os2dpjmz43/%5Banon%5D_Welcome_to_the_NHK.zip
>>
Cont with just a few notes (problems):
- I kept the styling to the minimum;
- signs that are not really relevant to the show are not translated, and the ones that are, are just subtitles on the top of the screen - no real typesetting, since that is just distracting unless done correctly (case in point Exiled-destiny's release);
- only translations of the background songs are provided (no distracting romanji karaoke bullshit);
- the EDs are not translated, because I would have to do it by hand and even though the second ED is fucking amazing, the first one just sounds like ear rape to me and I always skip it anyway (note, the OP is translated);
- I removed a bunch of Oyasumi's TL notes (because there were waaay too many of them) and fixed some silly mistakes (eg. `hikikomoris' is not plural for `hikikomori');
- since I used automated OCR with a frequency of 5 fps, some timings may seem slightly off (I tried to manually fix this for the most horrible offsets, but I'm pretty sure I didn't fix every line where offset is noticeable);
- also since I used OCR, a few mistakes an untrained OCR can make may be present (eg. `clay' instead of `day'), though I tried my best to fix them and they shouldn't really be there anymore.
>>
>>679209
>>679210
Thank you for this.

I'll make sure to link your posts in NHK threads I see.
>>
>>679293
Much appreciated!
>>
>>679209
>>679210
Just to be clear you are the OP, correct?
>>
>>679379

Indeed I am, but I can be so much more
>>
>>679382
Ok then. In that case thanks for all the effort ya put into this. I don't expect much from half-chan users nowadays but it's cool to see that there is still some good people around. Also, so much more ya say ;-)
>>
>>679385
The only decent boards that i used that are left are /m/ and /t/ everything else went to shit. I expect it's gonna get even worse for you guys with your new cuck overlord that ran 2channel into the ground.
>>
>>679386
Things haven't changed much here at /t/ in the past decade. Still the same focus on content over convo with a bit more militaristic passion over wasted space. As for 'other sites' and our new owner don't forget who HotWheels McGee blew for help on his own abortion of a Chan.

In the end /t/ remains one of the most helpful boards on the site.
>>
>>679388
I won't even bother to get into an argument about full-chan due to how little factual knowledge you and most other 4chan users have of it. But you are right in saying that /t/ has stayed the same, and it's fairly obvious as to why that's true.
>>
In my opinion this board is very chill and I like it chill, most people on 4chan want fast post and half minded answers that were made up by 5 year olds. Overall I like how this board stays true to culture and character and doesn't shit post. Im 50/50 about helping and torrenting cause sure it'll bring new faces but we'll turn like /g/ now if the sticky is back then great if not then let's bother the mods to bring it back
>>
>>679382
I don't really understand what you get from pretending to be me (especially considering I uploaded the subs to mediafire and can very quickly confirm you aren't me), but whatever.

>>679379
Nah, I'm not OP, but as I said, it's relatively irrelevant.
>>
>>679209
Your effort is appreciated. I watched the E-D release last time and while I think it was fine I always want to archive the best script for great shows.

Might as well mention that on animebytes it seems someone uploaded the Oyasumi script on top of the E-D dual audio release as of April. Maybe the uploader used your work if you released it in the past but maybe not (not like it matters I guess). I plan on reading the novel and manga next anyways, but I'll keep your zip and do some comparisons after many, many years pass.

>no real typesetting, since that is just distracting unless done correctly
>removed a bunch of Oyasumi's TL notes
I'll drink to that.
>>
Just finished watching it. It was really good, but now i have post-anime depression. I identified with the main character way more than i would like to, and the overall gloominess of the ending between Sato and Misaki. The romance that they had in the first 5 or so episodes is gone, despite the fact that Sato admits his love for her. And now their relationship is just to keep them from killing themselves.

It just makes me feel so lonely and depressed, i got the same feeling from sao. I guess it's because i don't even have that kind of relationship let alone a romantic one. It makes me feel like I'm missing someone important in my life.

Sorry for the blog i just had to get that off my chest and while it doesn't make me feel batter getting it out maybe some else feeling the same way i do might.
>>
>>679967
Really didn't care about the love relationship between characters, it's one of those cartoons that uses Moe as a punching bag. Plus it's one of the few cartoons that I would again cause today's Japanese cartoons just pump out characters that have only sex appeal rather than a storyline. I know there's other cartoons that have good storyline but I only see Japanese cartoon for the cute girl characters and nothing else
>>
>>679967
After thinking about the ending a lot more i realized it isn't as bad as i thought. It's not a perfect ending i say that because no character has what feels like a proper ending but instead something that'll "just do".

Yamazaki ends up working on the farm and following his parents plan, he gets married to someone that looks like his crush and life goes on for him. He hated the idea that he already had his life decided for him and even tho it ended up working out, it's not how he would have liked to live his life. Hitmoi and her husband have a child and live in a big house because of his success. Things aren't perfect for her, that's why she asked Sato if he'd like to have an affair. Even tho he declined her offer, just the fact that she would have done it means that she isn't truly happy. It's obvious that Sato and Htiomi are meant for each other but it's something that just couldn't happen.

Now onto my biggest problem i had with the ending, Sato and Misaki. This is what i thought about the most and what i decided isn't too bad either. It isn't as simple as just a suicide pact. They both couldn't go on without the other that's why they decide to go with it. This means that they do love each other, but not just that, they also depend on the other. They complete each other.

The one thing i wished was added was a kiss. This would cement that they would get together, marry, have babies, and continue their lives together. But i also realized this isn't necessary. There is no other person for either of them, they must be together to keep on living, and with the romance between them from the earlier episodes and the likely pressure from telling Sato's mom they were together and would marry cements it for me, and makes me feel much better about the ending as a whole. As i said nothing ends perfectly, but then again almost nothing does.

Writing all that out really helped me out because i finally feel closure. Thanks for reading!
>>
>>680142
Also sorry for to those that haven't finished yet I'd spoiler if i could.
>>
>>678836
>>679209
>>679210

First off, thank you one and all. Well-seeded and downloading very robustly. Been wanting to grab & watch this one for a couple of years now and this made a great opportunity.

The effort to make good subs is vastly appreciated. I'm very happy with minimal styling, just so long as the translation is really solid.

This leads me to a question that might be retarded, but please help ..?

I've got the [anon] Welcome to the NHK.zip file from the mediafire link. Checks & extracts fine. But ... I don't know exactly how to use these. I think I just need to have those extracted files in the same directory as the video files, and they should be renamed to the same as used for the video files, but with the *.ass extension.

Will MPC-HC automagically pick them up as an option? Or, do I need to do something else? Any settings in MPC-HC required for either playback or subs compatibility?

FYI for anyone else, the torrent is 7.96 GB and D/Ls into:
-> .\[Exiled-Destiny] Welcome To The NHK 1-24 (Dual Audio)\

I mention that because, please anons, as a courtesy it helps a lot if you can mention the torrent size when posting a magnet link. It's immensely helpful for making space management decisions for folks like me who are working off a home torrent box with a smallish HDD.

Also contributing music collection here:
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/151492/n-h-k-ni-youkoso-welcome-to-the-n-h-k-music-collection

manga:
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/130741/nhk-ni-youkoso-welcome-to-the-nhk

and light novel (PDF):
- http://bakabt.me/torrent/154502/welcome-to-the-n-h-k-light-novel
>>
>>681011
>I don't know exactly how to use these. I think I just need to have those extracted files in the same directory as the video files, and they should be renamed to the same as used for the video files, but with the *.ass extension.
That's exactly what you need to do. For example if the filename for episode 1 is called "[Exiled-Destiny]_Welcome_To_The_NHK_Ep01_(9F9B92A1).mkv" (as it is in my release, might be different in OP's torrent), you would take "Welcome To The NHK - 1.ass" from the zip, rename it to "[Exiled-Destiny]_Welcome_To_The_NHK_Ep01_(9F9B92A1).ass" and put it into the same folder.

Your player should pick the subtitles up automatically, though you will potentially have to switch to different subtitle track in the video player in case it prioritizes embedded subtitles over external ones.

Please post here in case you don't manage to get it to work though, since it's completely possible I screwed something up in the subtitle files.
>>
>>679815
Thanks. Actually it is completely possible he based it off of this, since I uploaded just about the same files about a year ago to /a/ (which in retrospect was pretty stupid since the thread died in a couple of hours with like 1 reply). I wanted to spread them to nyaa as well, since that's where I originally got the idea to do this from, but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to comment on torrents.

In any case I don't have animebytes account so I cannot check that torrent out, but I am really happy other people are either spreading these files around, using and improving on them, or just doing something themselves, because honestly the show deserves it. It would be really cool if one day it got a proper torrent, which:
- had dual audio, with Japanese track having priority over English one,
- video was high quality, and
- these subtitles (with potential mistakes and awkward timings fixed, ed songs translated and proper styling (done by someone who knows what he's doing) added) are used.
It shouldn't be that much more work, but much like you I'm probably not going to rewatch the show for quite a few more years and I currently lack adequate passion to do it myself.

>I'll drink to that.
Cheers!
>>
>>681011
I can't see her in a sexual way...
>>
>>681099
I can't see her any other way...
>>
puru puru pururin
>>
Appreciate your sharing
>>
I can honestly say that this show gave me a different perspective on life. I came back to thank you for sharing this.
>>
>>679209
>>679209
Thanks so much for these. Used MKVToolNix to replace the subs with the ones you provided.

Do you know of anything similar for the entire Neon Genesis Evangelion series? My rip, from here:

https://thepiratebay . gd/torrent/11118229/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Platinum_Perfect_Collection_[DVD_480p]_[

...also has those shitty yellow subs. The audio and video are great, but the subs look terrible.

Or could I make my own, could I just copy and paste the contents of the subs into a new format? Thanks in advance, any help would be awesome.
>>
>>679209
How does one OCR text from within video sources? What tools do you use?

I would really like to know this.
>>
I don't often go on /t/ how do you open the "magnet link"
>>
>>683215
drop in browser or get a client
>>
>>683187
Glad you found them useful and yes, replacing them is probably not a bad idea.

I remember looking for the best NGE torrent quite a few years ago and after comparing a bunch of them, I concluded http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=201508 was the best in terms of both picture and subtitle quality.

But since things have probably changed from then your torrent might just be better. I'll report back to you after I manage to download an episode so I can be sure, but if the description is correct, the subtitles are in vobsub format within mkv container. In this case you may have luck just playing around in the settings of your video player, but if you wanted to actually change them permanently, you can use mkvextract (might be a part of mkvtoolnix, I'm not completely sure) to extract the subtitle track from the container, edit the extracted file with a text editor to change the colors, and put it back in using the same technique you already used for NHK. According to this specification: http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=VOBsub you would probably just need to play around with "palette", "custom colors" and "colors" (which appear to just be in hex RGB format) until you find the right one.

But as I said, I'll get back to you on this.
>>
File: VICL-62040_a01.jpg (258 KB, 1211x1200) Image search: [Google]
VICL-62040_a01.jpg
258 KB, 1211x1200
>>679967
>post-anime depression

The one thing keeping me from rewatching it. I love it but I don't want to be depressed for months again.
>>
>>683228
have you watched Colorful?
>>
>>683214
It was quite an interesting project actually so I'm glad you asked. Let's see if I can still remember everything.

So I did this for each episode: first I used ffmpeg to convert video into a series of 5 images (screenshots) per second. Then, since I knew the approximate position of the subtitles on the screen, I used imagemagick to crop that approximate rectangle out of the images so I was left with just the small pictures of areas where subtitles can potentially be. After this I applied a combination of some cute computer vision techniques (I can go into further detail here if you want me to) to extract the actual letters inside the images, so I was in the end left with just images with black text on white background (or just white images if they contained no subtitles).

Following that I used software called Tesseract, which is an absolutely amazing open-source OCR software by Google to convert the images to actual text (I didn't even have to train the damn thing and it still achieved insane levels of accuracy). Since I knew that I extracted the images at the speed of 5fps, I could calculate the timings of when specific images were extracted from the video, meaning I could determine the timing of extracted subtitles with up to 200ms accuracy. Afterwards it was just writing all this data into an .ass file (which I prepared in advance with a header I copied from some random show) in the correct format and proofreading to avoid some silly mistakes by OCR (as I already mentioned, "clay" instead of "day" was a pretty common one).

All in all, as far as I remember, converting video with ffmpeg took about 10 minutes per episode and it took another half an hour (with 4 cores running) to get the actual subtitle file. I managed to get pretty much all of this automated in about 2 days of programming, and together with proofchecking (by watching all the episodes, since I also had to check the timings) I think the project took just shy of a week to complete.
>>
File: VICL-62165_a01.jpg (265 KB, 1214x1200) Image search: [Google]
VICL-62165_a01.jpg
265 KB, 1214x1200
>>683229
Should I?

[spoiler]I think if I watch any more of these right now, I'm gonna end up killing myself.

[/spoiler]
>>
File: VICL-62165_c02.jpg (96 KB, 548x1200) Image search: [Google]
VICL-62165_c02.jpg
96 KB, 548x1200
>>
>>683230
cont.

Looking back at it, using ffmpeg to get images at 5fps was insanely wasteful, but it was the easiest to do. If I would do this again, I would probably do it at about 1 or maybe even 1/2 fps, and then I would match the extracted subtitles up using some modification of Iterative Closest Point algorithm (matching to the Russian subtitles we already have that seem to be timed really nicely). With this I would probably be like 10x (or even more) faster and the timings would be much nicer.

To close it up though, I was just insanely lucky that:
- Oyasumi used the same offsets for their subtitles all the way through the show;
- their styling actually had really distinguishing colors + shadows around the subtitles which made it much easier to extract the text;
- tesseract exists and is fucking amazing.
If any of these things weren't the way they are, this would have been a much longer project and I would probably give up half-way.
>>
>>683187
Ok, so I have one episode and it's as I assumed in the previous post. You can achieve "watchable" quality if you do this:
- run "mkvextract tracks [name of episode].mkv 5:[name of episode]";
- edit the .idx file that is generated and change "faff1a" under "palette" to "ffffff" (you might also want to change "smooth" to "ON" though I'm not completely sure if that makes any real difference);
- optionally merge the subtitles back.

Short of actually converting the subtitles to some other format (e.g. .ass) I don't know if you can do much more than this.
>>
>>683228
I loved it too, and while i would like to be able to re-watch it or even listen to the soundtrack i know it's going to destroy me all over again. it took me 3 weeks to recover.
And while i have never been suicidal and think killing yourself is fucking retarded i finally understood why people do it. The amount of pain this anime caused me was unbelievable, just seeing Misaki in that pic makes the hurt come back.
>>
>>681083
If you are interested, I got same physical copy of Welcome to the NHK as Exiled-Destiny got, so I could do new encode with your subs.
>>
File: comparison.png (731 KB, 1920x480) Image search: [Google]
comparison.png
731 KB, 1920x480
>>683237
>>683221
Thanks for all this info anon. No idea if you'll read this as it's been a few days, but thanks.

I extracted them from the first episode and was able to change the colour, but the smoothing option did nothing. The colour is definitely better, but I guess what I really want is for them to just be text-based and crisp rather than image-based and jaggy which is what I've spent the past hour or two doing, figured I might as well share it.

NOTE that since doing this I've read your comment that mentions Google's Tesseract software, I may try that out later and see how it is. For now what I have is good enough and it's my first time playing with subs.

It's a popular series so there's lots of sub options out there but for the release I have they were off in a few places, especially the ending of each episode.

I used MKVcleaver to quickly extract the idx/sub files from each episode without having to do them one-by-one. I then opened one .sub file after the other in SubResync (part of the VobSub tools), and sat there helping it along by entering in subtitle text it wasn't sure about before it spat out an .srt for each episode. Holy shit was that boring, but I got what I wanted.

A downside, however, is text that is elsewhere on the image besides the usual place; centered toward the bottom of the image. This is a good example of what I mean:

Original DVD subs
http://b.1339.cf/wstnqbf.png

Cleaner SubRip subs
http://b.1339.cf/poalfux.png

So text that is translating something in the image like a sign or a computer screen is shown like a regular sub, rather than in a different colour and next to the thing it's translating. I don't know enough about the format but maybe you could change their position manually, or at least change their colours to make them more distinctive. They're good enough for me though, the majority of the subs are character dialogue so it's not too confusing.
>>
>>683237
>>683221
Cont.

There may be small spelling errors because software isn't perfect and I don't have time to check every single line of text (yes I used spell-check but still). It also seemed to have trouble distinguishing upper case 'I' from lower case 'L' for example in the name 'Ikari', though I corrected lots of that. If you're using a sans-serif font in your media player it looks no different anyway.

Of course the massive upside is that you now have full control over them via your media player (font, colour, shadow, border) and they don't look like shit. I usually have them quite small because I watch on a TV from my sofa so they're easier/quicker for me to read.

These subs are for the Neon Genesis Evangelion Platinum: Perfect Collection released in 2007 with episodes 21-24 being the Director's Cut versions, not including the originals because they're the same as the DC but with a bit of extra footage.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i1zf1ednxn980j6/NGE_PPC_SubRip_Subs.7z
https://mega.nz/#!XRoiCaoa!6pTVMY6YwEse_Fjx5Hk3SsDq5FF6rl4MykmThCN3TnM
>>
>>683237
>>683221
Of course any extra info / tips you have would be greatly appreciated!
>>
finished watching. thanks op and guy who redid subs
>>
Could someone please share a torrent or DDL of the series with fixes subs? I tried following this and it totally went over my head.
>>
>>679209
This reminds me, the only good release I could find of NHK was this bizarre XVid+Vorbis hardsubbed batch ostensibly from Oyasumi.. (MKV container, but could be remuxed to MP4 without any issue)
Surely there's the original Oyasumi softsubs available somewhere?
>>
>>685465
On a technical level, these files are fucked up, but the translations and typesetting is excellent and the torrent's well seeded.

https://kat.cr/oyasumi-welcome-to-the-nhk-t43434.html

4a3b6e7b9ec92de56efe475cb4865a1bb95feef9
>>
If anybody seeding this that would be cool
http://www.uclamajors.com/t411/torrents/welcome-to-the-n-h-k-complete-english

7485444f8ac0962db4d65cbd132d13e184902b88
>>
>>681011
Nobody seeding PDF ;_;
>>
>>684042
Gosh I'm really sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, I should have been checking this thread more often. I was afraid that that solution would turn out to be inadequate.

If I was doing this, I would most likely do exactly the same thing you did (actually I probably wouldn't bother and would download a different release, but that's just because I'm lazy). And while I don't know which OCR software SubResync uses behind the scenes, even though Tesseract could most likely do better, it would also probably be a lot more effort to get it working, so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

About the positioning: apparently (I didn't know this) you can position individual subtitles in SubRip format, see the third example at http://www.visualsubsync.org/help/srt . This does look like quite a bit more work though, so I guess it just depends on how much this bothers you (I know I wouldn't really mind it too much either way).

Good work! Will you also let other people on thepiratebay know (maybe in a comment under the original torrent)?
>>
>>685471
As far as I remember from my research a few years ago, Oyasumi only ever published hardsubs for this show. I'm pretty sure they did this because they wanted the subtitles to look good (fading in and out, nice shadows, proper positioning, ...) and the only way to really achieve this back then was by hardcoding them onto the video. But then again, I could be totally wrong here and I would love to be corrected.

It is true that I never really tried to contact any of the people from the group about this, and some (ex-)Oyasumi member might still have the subtitles in some text format on his PC, but as far as online goes, atm, the closest you will get to finding soft subtitles are the OCR'd ones from >>679209 .

>>683894
That would be absolutely amazing!
>>
>>685451
Glad you found the subs useful!

>>685465
Unless >>683894 (or someone else) makes a torrent, it doesn't exist right now. But I would love to help you get them to work, so let me try explaining a bit slower and please don't hesitate to reply if you still have problems.

Here is what you need to do:
- download OP's torrent;
- download the zip file from >>679209 and unzip it into the same folder as the torrent you downloaded (after this you should end up with a bunch of .mkv files (OP's videos) and just as many .ass files (the subtitles from .zip) in the same folder); and
- rename the .ass files to match names of corresponding video files as described in >>681079 (except you don't need to move any files anymore, just rename them). Make sure you don't override file extensions when doing this.

After this, opening video files with your video player should load the new subtitles automatically.
>>
File: 056 - Uwm3XzC.jpg (5 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
056 - Uwm3XzC.jpg
5 KB, 165x115
>>679209
omg thank you so much,

i thought to myself "how bad could the subs be" but holy shit.. they suck

the background audio translations along with the main audio being all jumbled together at the bottom of the screen was a joke.. could hardly figure out which lines to read lol,

so thanks a bunch anon..sounded really cool but just about said fuck it then remembered your post
>>
>>678836
was an bluray ever released of this? like is this actually 720p or just up-scaled?

I only ask cause even on animebytes the highest res they have is a 16:9 DVD9 ISO rip in 720x480

I would just stick with the copy I have if its not true 720p is why im wondering, any kind anons know?
>>
>>685509
I believe there was never a Blu-Ray; all we've got is the DVDs.
>>
>>685747
I'm looking forward to a Bluray. It's such a epic anime.
>>
>>687853
unfortunately a lot of epic anime series aren't getting blurays, so don't hold your breath for any series older than a year or two unless it was exceptionally popular
>>
>>679209

Thanks Bro
>>
>>679967
>>680142
>>683228
>>683232
>>683302
I finished watching it two days ago. I never had a thing for anime until I stumbled across this one. The series hits home for me and since I consider myself oversensitive, I've been experiencing some melancholy for the past few days and the damn catchy theme song keeps playing in my head.

Make it stop.
>>
>>692224
I'm sorry anon, typing that stuff up helped me out quite a bit but the thing that helped me most was the tried and true passage of time. I recommend watching something funny or overly cheerful.
>>
>>692224
Honestly, no other anime, or even any other media for that matter, has ever made me feel more suicidal than when I went through this show. The premise behind Sato's character was one that kinda hit home for me as well, and I almost took the show as a bit of a warning, since I was on the path to becoming a shut-in who never socializes or anything. But... The music... The music changes everything. Had the show stuck with some generic sounding stuff, sure it probably would've still been a little depressing but the soundtrack really sticks with you. Especially "Youkoso Hitori Bocchi" and "Hitori no Tame no Lullaby"... Those two songs always get me feeling nothing but regret. I guess its sort of a healing thing for me, since it helps remind me I'm not perfect at all, keeps my ego in check.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-28-23h30m46s192.png (362 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-28-23h30m46s192.png
362 KB, 853x480
Thanks for the suggestion, OP. This anime is a little strange at the beginning but it just gets better. But watching it while depressed wont do much help.
A world-wide conspiracy, after all!

Also, I really liked seeing the community coming together the improve the subtitles. Thanks Anons
>>
File: welcome to the nhk.png (477 KB, 912x608) Image search: [Google]
welcome to the nhk.png
477 KB, 912x608
>>678836
Bump, just cause this is one of my favourite series that I will never rewatch.
>>
>>679209
You are so fucking based I love you.
>>
File: eleven.jpg (12 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
eleven.jpg
12 KB, 290x290
>>679209
Jeebus... Thank you so much for this
>>
>>678836
>>
I'm scared to watch this anime because I feel like I would relate too much to the guy, become overcome with despair with my situation and then kill myself or something.

i dont want to be a neet forever but i dont know how to change, my mental is just so fucked up
>>
>>695329
>become overcome with despair with my situation and then kill myself or something.
It's pretty cathartic. You can relate but you also get to see how he really forces himself into these positions and refuses to change, blaming it on others or telling himself he's happy. The show will make you feel like shit some episodes but only because you realize you act a little too much like Sato. It all ends with optimism, fortunately. It's not to late to change your hikikomori ways.
>>
>>695334
Well I'm glad that the show ends on a good note. That said I will never watch it because I don't want to get depressed.
>>
>>679967
>It just makes me feel so lonely and depressed
>>683228
>I don't want to be depressed for months again
>>683302
>The amount of pain this anime caused me was unbelievable
>>692319
>Honestly, no other anime, or even any other media for that matter, has ever made me feel more suicidal than when I went through this show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ei2izPLpHc

I just came back to thank OP for sharing and everyone involved with the improved subs. That being said, I will never watch it again in my life.

I just finished it, literally a few mins ago and I got this feeling of a heavy weight on my lungs, dragging me deep into the ground. My eyes are swollen from crying as I'm typing this and I'm sure the pain will follow me for a very long time.

[WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD!]
I wanted nothing more than Satou and Misaki to seal the deal in the last episode. My mind has foreseen there wouldn't be a classic 'happy-end' the whole time, but my heart has overridden it. I just wanted a small kiss. A definitive sign they would continue and live together, become a real couple. Anything to give me hope. As >>680142 has pointed out, they need each other and I want to believe they eventually got together. I can't even fathom it any way. They basically DID live like a couple for half of the series, but didn't realise it happening. I somehow feel that the 'NHK' is a metaphor for depression itself.

I'm still shaken right now and can't put my feelings in words. I have had severe depression for the majority of my life now. I'm also a failure and a gf is merely a fairytale to me. This has really stabbed me in the soul like very few things did. I already know I won't sleep tonight and the coming weeks will be hard.

>tfw Misaki-chan will never come to save you
>tfw you'd give anything to sign the 2nd contract in Satou's place
>>
>>695423
>I will never watch it because I don't want to get depressed
A wise decision my friend.
>>
>>698135
Wow you're post made me realize i finished this anime 132 days ago.

The pain has largely dulled since then and i felt the courage to listen to some of the music since it's been so long and i started crying not even 10 seconds into "Puzzle", and seeing Misaki feels me with dread and heartache once more.

>tfw more than half of your quotes are me.
I'll never be able to escape this feel, will I?
>>
>>678836
This is one of the shows I'll watch sober than drunk, cause being drunk and seeing this would make me feel empty twice as much
>>
File: vlcsnap-1503558.jpg (25 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-1503558.jpg
25 KB, 704x400
Just to soothe the mind I guess. (Spoilers!)

Misaki:
>makes him come out of his cave, cares for him, cooks for him, even cleans his room while he's away
>asks him to go the hanabi festival with him, despite not being part of the contract
>even when his mom left, she still carries on the gf role, goes to dating spot with him arm in arm, wants him to kiss her
>is heart-broken when she sees him with Hitomi, runs after the car when they take off
>worries and does anything to save him (boat, nekomimi...)

Satou:
>obviously is attracted to her, fantasises and thinks about her before going to sleep
>gives in for the kiss on the dating spot
>says out loud he loves her when she tries to jump
>wants to give his own life to save her from the NHK
>literally the very last thing running through his head before certain death is that he loves her and did for all this time, but never realised it

They are just both extremely depressed, psychological train wrecks who secretly dream of love, but have no conception of how it works, because they've never experienced it. Satou runs away from the love contract because he's scared and thinks he's not worth it. They obviously love each other, but just need to express it in their own emotionally crippled way. If you translate the final contract which binds their lives together word for word, it says they must meet every night at the park and that their lives will head in a good direction this way.

NHK is supposed to give a 'nothing is perfect' vibe, so the creators would ruin it by going the classic romance road and making it blatantly obvious. At least that's what I like to think.
>>
>>698393
This is a perfect summary of the show. Thanks anon.
>>
File: 2016-02-08_18-08-33.png (20 KB, 555x360) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-08_18-08-33.png
20 KB, 555x360
>>685482
>>685485
Sorry guys, I forgot this whole thread. Hopeful I have enough time to upload these images to seedbox at tomorrow.
>>
>>698673
And here is first encode https://mega.nz/#F!YgAQCSTa!PdpKF3TXzQBALQP4ikiCJg

I made mistake and Exiled-Destiny's rip is NTSC, while my DVDs are PAL. Hopeful there ain't any other difference on my region 2 copy.
>>
>>687853
Doubt the Blu-ray will be good. This show was likely not produced in HD.
>>
>>698723
Thank you anon, great job.
>>
>>679967
Watch Kaiji if you havent, it is dark too but has more positive feeling and is one of the few anime with no girls involved, just a few manly tears
>>
>>698723
If it's a PAL DVD are you sure it isn't Region 4?
>>
Does any good copy exist anywhere (e.g. 10 bit 23.976 fps mkv) with good subtitles? All copies I can find seem to have some major problems. :(
>>
>>699231
Did you even read the thread?
>>
First off thank you OP and the subber for your great work, I had a great time rewatching this and will keep uploading for as long as I can

I read the manga and light novel a few years ago before I watched this, and forgot about it's existence, even during my stint as a NEET. This thread sparked my interest to finally see the third iteration of this story.

And what a thrill it was. I think this anime strikes a sharp balance between comedy and serious subject matter, where they intermingle in a harmony where you end up laughing at parts you really shouldn't be laughing at, considering the situation. I feel like with the combination of it's comedic style, nods to anime tropes, character design and subject material, NHK stands out as a shining example of how to approach serious topics in an approachable and sympathetic way.

I have a lot of love for the anime adaption. The novel is down trotted and moody (if you thought this was depressing; don't read the novel, I beg you) and the manga messes with it in so many ways that it really feels tacky in comparison. Once again, the anime manages to make the material palatable and make the emotional punches ones in the gut

I finished this 3 days ago and I can't stop thinking about how this anime made me feel. I can write for days about it but I'll spare you
>>
>>699250
No offense, but the encode isn't very good.

Also since it's a PAL DVD rip, the framerate is 25 fps.
>>
>>699231
There's really just Oyasumi, E-D and random ISOs. I'll encode the DVDs I have with the subs that based anon posted above. I'll link it once it's done.
>>
>>699250
Did you read what I wrote? I'm asking if a good encode that is 23.976 fps with good subs exists. I've looked and can't find any.

>>699538
Would be greatly appreciated! I actually already have the Oyasumi release. Just the quality isn't that great. Tried the E-D release too. While the quality is nice, it is 29.98 fps and has terrible subtitles. A nice encode that is 23.976 fps with decent subtitles would definitely be great to have. :)
>>
>>699553
Why does the fps even matter?!
>>
>>699566
Cause autism
>>
>>679209
Thanks for this
>>
>>680142
Read the manga. The novel this time is the worst of the 3.
>>
>>698135
Read the manga btw. Misaki is more twisted there.
>>
What a shitty ending.
>>
>>698723
>>685485
>>679209

Thank you so much for your hard work in preserving this fine anime for future generations.

To the Anon from post 698723, I saw that you've already encoded half of the 10-bit files using the updated subs, and for that, I am very grateful. However, the uploads seem to have abruptly stopped about 3.5 weeks ago. Are you still planning to upload the remaining files? If not, is there any way that you could upload the remaining 10-bit RAWs, so that we can encode them ourselves? I'd love to help complete this preservation project, as I'm sure that this is going to be the best release for the foreseeable future.
>>
>>698393
so what episode was this image from? I don't remember seeing it.

Also, I was skimming through this thread a long time ago without finishing the series first and was pissed because I thought it spoiled the ending. I finished it and I still feel like it was spoiled to a degree since I had the mindset that they would marry.
>>
>>703034
So basically you needed a spoiler warning for a thread dedicated for a anime that you'll know the ending would be discussed.

You're some special person
>>
>>703043
I wasn't pissed at him I was pissed at myself especially since I didn't have a purpose for looking through the thread except for why not
>>
Anyone feel like the cat is symbolic for something?
I feel like their are connections I'm not seeing or are vague like about how Satou remembers being told something in tuna brings your energy up
>>
>>703050
Or a cat, nothing more nothing less
>>
File: 1457171742615.png (21 KB, 365x175) Image search: [Google]
1457171742615.png
21 KB, 365x175
>>
>>699538
Based anon, you still alive? Still looking forward to a quality encoded and subbed release. :)
>>
>707965
From what I can tell, the Mega folder of 11 discontinuous files is all we have in terms of finished product. Referring back to the nyaa torrent that has the PAL DVD rips, some nice fellow has decided to convert them to DVD5, but posted them on usenet.

So, I've been downloading them for the last day (and will continue to do so for another day) until I have source video to work with. It's a shame, too, because if I had come across that information ONE DAY SOONER, I wouldn't have to spend money on a premium server just to retain the usenet binaries.

A BD release announced next week would really complete my day, at this point.
>>
File: subs.jpg (220 KB, 720x1408) Image search: [Google]
subs.jpg
220 KB, 720x1408
The Oyasumi subs, unlike the Exiled-Destiny ones, don't have translated and typeset background signs.

Pic related, some caps from episode 1 and 2 with E-D subs. A lot of stuff characters interact with, like books, or signs that are in the immediate background is subbed. Is the translation really so bad compared to Oyasumi subs to not use them? I know >>679210
is of the opinion "signs that are not really relevant to the show are not translated", but I feel like this misses a lot of the depth from the show. Why else would the animators put it in the shot?
Damn, all I want is to rewatch the show and instead I'm getting anxiety over subtitles.
>>
>708927

Remember, if >>679210 hadn't used OCR (in a rather clever way, might I add), he'd have to transcribe the entire script, FROM SCRATCH. Obviously it's not going to be a perfect release, but you have to admit, transferring the script to a higher quality release is a service in and of itself. Not to mention that his technique could help preserve other series in similar circumstances.

Of course, saying that it's not a PERFECT release basically challenges the community to commit to one, which I honestly don't think should be a burden foisted onto someone that just so happens to like the show enough to slog through a A/V workflow. If someone wants to work on it, then it'll obviously take an excruciating amount of time. This is a labor of love, after all.

Honestly, we really are better off trying to get a Kickstarter going for a BD release. An HD campaign will rally way more community resources than some rando thread on /t/.
>>
File: oyasumi.jpg (273 KB, 704x2000) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi.jpg
273 KB, 704x2000
Wow I had no idea this thread was still alive. Good job, anons.

>>708927
I am not sure you are right, Oyasumi release actually did a very impressive job at typesetting and translating bg signs, pic related. The only really bad part about Oyasumi's release is that it is hard-coded onto a pretty shitty video quality.

E-D on the other hand just kinda threw their shitty translations of the signs on there, maybe rotated the font and changed the color of the text, and they are imho noticeably distracting.

There are a couple of reasons why I decided against putting signs into my subs (though I hope the important ones are there):
- I am not a Commiesubs-tier typesetter and I would just fuck shit up unnecessarily if I tried;
- even with Oyasumi's very nice styling, show sometimes just flashes some bg text and the viewer is unable to catch it. This makes you feel like you missed something important, and are forced to scroll back, pause and re-read it only to find out that the text was not really that necessary; and most importantly
- I would have to do it manually.

The way I would recommend watching the show is like this:
- if you are watching the show for the first time and/or are just after the experience, download a high quality video release (I think OP's should be ok?) and watch with >>679209 subs; and
- if you want to explore the show into depth, (e.g. want all the signs translated) and don't care too much about the video quality, use original Oyasumi release.

I don't think there is any reason to watch E-D release anymore, but given that I only forced myself trough one episode with their release, I might be wrong and they pick their shit up in later episodes. You are very very welcome to prove me wrong on this one.

I absolutely agree with >>708934 though; blue-ray release would be hands-down the best thing that can happen to this show now. And given how the show is just getting more and more relevant every year, I will be really sad if it doesn't get one.
>>
>>708918

That's unfortunate to hear. Hopefully someone can scrounge up whatever high quality source that exists somewhere and re-encode it with oyasumi soft subs in 24 fps.

A quality archivable release is sorely needed. :(
>>
File: Chill Pepe.png (149 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
Chill Pepe.png
149 KB, 396x385
Great Anime :)
>>
I want more from this but I know it's been long done...
>>
>>699538
Bump
>>
File: 1459898338401.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1459898338401.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>709504
>>
>>709504
>>716143
/r9k/ please leave
>>
File: 1459898338401.jpg (130 KB, 832x690) Image search: [Google]
1459898338401.jpg
130 KB, 832x690
>>709504
>>
>>709504
>>716143
/r9k/ please leave
>>
>>679967
Fuck, this happens to me so much. It has happened with several animes now, including GitS, Berserk, HNK (edgy, I know), Akira, 12 Kingdoms, and goes on and on.
>>
don't you die on me
>>
It's a metaphor for Misaki's desire to feel needed, as well as how her relationship with Satou changed at this point.
>>
Did my best.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=827601
>>
>>723785
You did good faget
>>
>>723785
Awesome! Thanks. Seeding at 20 mbit...
>>
Thank you. This is my favorite anime now.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.