[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/box/ - The Aftermath
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6
Waiting for the decision of a fight of the year candidate.

Canelo remains the biggest pussy in sports.
>>
GG ez
>>
Odd that the crowd disagrees so completely

Seemed fair
>>
>muh gawd
>>
very good fight.

thurman completely abandoned the jab, and his "one time" power isn't there at high levels.

brook at the top of the division with no resume. would like to see how spence compares
>>
I fucking hate porters style but dam son what a fight. Thurman beats brook imo. Damn just imagine a tournament with Garcia brook porter Thurman khan spene
>>
>>68925562
>Canelo remains the biggest pussy in sports.
FUCK CANELO.
>>
Good fight but Porter should have won.

He landed clean blows AND man handled him.
>>
>>68925587
Is porter from NY? Thurman had a clear, but very slight edge.
>>
Robbery
>>
>this """fans"""
>>
time to watch the bums on PBC and the whos on UniMas
>>
P O L S K A
O
L
S
K
>>
Kell Brook would destroy Thurman
>>
>>68925610
Porter is from Ohio, they mentioned it like 30 times during the broadcast
>>
They should deffo rematch and do it on cbs again. This is how you bring back boxing.
>>
>Fans disagreeing with the decision
It was close, and the judges made their points clear, but Thurman edged that victory imo.
>>
>>68925587
Porter was so aggressive and seemed in control of the fight. It's not hard for people to ignore Thurman's clean punches
>>
>>68925587
It's because porter was good a perceiving a "domination" he did a lot of that pushing and smothering shit. He's not a bad fighter and this fight was still very good and close its just that therman had a hell of a lot better quality
>>
REMATCH

But honestly. Porter was outclassed. Thurman needs to move on to Garcia, Bradley, Spence, or Brook.
>>
Porter is extremely athletic, strong, quick, and I don't doubt that his dad is a good coach but man needs to have a plan. His ounces obviously hurt but he wasn't setting them up right or pacing himself. He doesn't really box in a way. Keith didn't look perfect but Porter just couldn't put together the right set of punches to finish him off, and Keith looked hotter overall. Good fight, I like Porter but I can't put money on him.
>>
Why the boos? All porter did was hold the entire fight. He had one good body shot on thurman yet thurman cracked his ass multiple times and out boxed him. You don't win points by grapping and throwing those little bullshit 3 inch punches from the clinch.
>>
>>68925637
Errol Spence would destroy the WW division
>>
Imo idk how it was unanimous...

I thought it was way closer than that. Porter had more time in complete control along the ropes
>>
Links to the other boxing matches?
>>
WE GOT MORE BOXING ON NBCSPORTS NETWORK RIGHT NOW GUYS.
>>
>>68925688
the one on UniMas is better so far
>>
>>68925591
>muh haymon
>>
>>68925711
Idk what channel that is
>>
Despite this great match we will never see Al Haymon fighters against fighters with HBO contracts.

>Stevenson still ducking Kovalev
>>
File: 2016-06-26 04_26_47-Photos.png (495 KB, 958x536) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-26 04_26_47-Photos.png
495 KB, 958x536
>>68925670
>mfw all these american jokers
Brook is the best all around welterweight
>>
>>68925711
Goddamn it I need two TVs. I will definitely switch over when the Alvarado fight comes on.
>>
>>68925676
It was a unanimous one round win for Thurman. All three judges agreed it was extremely close.
>>
>>68925637
Nah.

>>68925670
>puffy nipples
>>
Tfw my cables being a cunt and won't load up nbcsports
>>
>>68925740
I still think khan would twat brook.
>>
>>68925738
As much of a farce it was, Canelo - Khan was a cross promotion. So was GGG - Wade. And a year ago May-Pac was one too. The cold war is thawing.
>>
>>68925754
It's on air TV.
>>
>>68925729
517 on verizon is all I know
>>
>>68925678
what do u mean
>>
>>68925773
Khan couldn't even twat Devon Alexander. All he's good at is combinations and dancing around the ring. Brook would flatten him just like Canelo did.
>>
>>68925773
lel
>>
>>68925785
There's boxing on nbcsn and unimas
Anyone got a stream for unimas?
I don't get it
>>
Damn.

2 weeks until Fury-Klitschko, but fatass just gotta injure himself.

Kovalev-Chilemba July 11th, lads.
>>
>>68925773
The Khan-Algieri, and Spence-Algieri fights told me everything I need to know about Khan.
>>
No good boxing on for awhile. Kovalev - ward is going to be lit though.
>>
Don't forget that Thurman had a belt, not sure how legitimate of a statement it is but they say you have to win convincingly to dethrone someone, close fights lean towards the defender but I had Thurman up a few rounds anyway.

He didn't look comfortable but he stuck it out, had the cleaner performance, I thought in order to win he'd need to stay mobile but he had good timing and body shots that made Porter think twice about chasing him down the entire time like he did with Broner.
>>
needs a rematch asap

Also would like to see mr bean vs pee wee herman for an undercard
>>
>>68925831
Then Wilder and Rigondeaux matches on July 16th.

Rigondeaux promised his fans he won't be boring for this fight.
>>
>>68925844
Exactly, Khan is a complete fraud and he knows that Brook would annihilate him, and that's why he keeps avoiding him.
>>
>>68925831
>injure

You really believe that? Every report for months have been saying that Fury is fat and out of shape. He was knocked down by a random cruiser who sparred with him.
>>
Alvarado vs Torres stream where?
>>
Boxers aren't real fighters
>>
File: ft.gif (933 KB, 343x284) Image search: [Google]
ft.gif
933 KB, 343x284
>>68925868
>mfw I first learned they weren't the same guy
>>
>>68925875
>Rigondeaux promised his fans he won't be boring for this fight.

And Canelo said Mexicans don't fuck around. Rigo is at least an all time great.
>>
>>68925875
>Rigondough
>fans

Reegondiyow doesn't have fans outside of Cuba
>>
>>68925875
He has no good coaching to be more aggressive. Unless Roc has set something up.
>>
>>68925887
Fury's entertaining as fuck outside the ring, but he's such a fucking shitter.

If he wins vs Klitschko, I hope he fights Joshua.

Hearing that Wilder-Joshua might get made since SHO has signed both of them.
>>
Was looking for boxing but discovered the joy that is girls Olympic diving qualifiers. Nipples and butts win out. See you next week box.
>>
>>68926001
>Was looking for boxing but discovered the joy that is girls
I initially read this and was happy for you. I then finished your post and was disappointed.
>>
>>68925848
Santa Cruz vs Frampton looks good, also the Wilder fight.
>>
>>68925886
>Brook would annihilate him, and that's why he keeps avoiding him.
If that's true, why would he fight Canelo?
>>
>>68925848
crawford postol in july
>>
>>68925993
Wilder vs Joshua in the fall would make up for the disappointment that was the cancellation of both Wilder v. Potvetkin and Fury v. Wlad 2.

Either the hype dies, and Wilder becomes a star in his own right. Or Joshua gets validated as the main star, and possible savior of all of boxing.
>>
>>68926040
>also the Wilder fight.
You're actually excited about Wilder vs Nipples?

>>68926041
Money.
>>
>>68926047
That shouldn't be a ppv fight.
>>
Good fight on nbcsn rn
>>
>>68926191
The undercard is pretty good.

It's best of 140 vs. best of 140 also.
>>
>PBC keeping the camera on the kid's mom the entire time
they really want to see her cry don't they?
>>
>>68925904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFDGWxEdf6Q
>>
http://firstrowi.com/boxing/justin-deloach-vs-junior-castillo-frs13a303?l=408277346

Can't find a working stream for the Mike Alvarado one.
>>
>>68926041
Because his reputation would plummet if he loses to Brook. Losing to Canelo, he has nothing lose.
>>
LOL HOLY FUCK

FURY-KLITSCHKO DELAYED UNTIL OCTOBER

FAT FUCK SAID HE ONLY NEEDED 6 WEEKS OF REST WHAT THE FUCK
>>
Very sloppy fight, it was fun when the pucnhes connected tough, technique in modern boxing its pretty lackluster compared to the 40's & 50's, very few fighters are really well schooled.
>>
>>68925061

underrated post
>>
Well?
>>68924089
>>
javascript:quote('68907460');
>>
>>68926335
>FAT FUCK SAID HE ONLY NEEDED 6 WEEKS OF REST WHAT THE FUCK

Do you seriously think Fury knows how to count?
>>
>>68907460
>>
>>68926426
lol Fury has a great personality for boxing unlike the Klitschkos maybe he can make an impact in the USA to make the heavyweight division interesting again.
>>
>>68926426
What a faggot. Fury got mad at Haye and said he'd never fight him because Haye postponed their fight due to "injuries".

Now he's pulling the same card and needs 12 weeks to "recuperate" his "injury".

Fat fuck.
>>
anyone else watching this ginger and mexican throw down
>>
>>68926539
Yeah, I'm watching this Canelo looking motherfucker actually fight people his own size.
>>
>>68926454
if you could choose between having fury's improvisation banter and also suffering from shades of bi-polar disorder OR speaking a bunch of languages fluently but just generally being 50 percent dead inside which would you choose and why?
>>
>minimize the screen 1/3 size so we can watch his wife do absolutely fucking nothing while the fight goes on
fucking retarded
>>
at least he went the distance
>>
kek opie's wife is a literal solid 7
>>
>gassing the fuck out after 6
>looking tired already after 3

not gonna make it
>>
once again the UniMas fight was much more entertaining
>>
>>68926656
The latter reigned over the HW division for a decade and is likely worth much more than whats listed. The former is a flash in the pan that will be a literal who in a few years.
>>
>>68926834
Got a stream?
>>
>>68926865
nah I'm watching on TV
>>
>>68926656
It doesnt matter im not the one to most likely get brain damage in their old years
>>
Whats your opinion about Thurman anons??

I think that he has godd potential, it looks like his trainer know his craft i can see him becoming more refined i he listens to his trainer and dedicates more time on technique than conditioning
>>
>>68926834
>on delay on the west coast

dafuq
>>
down goes the less blacker one
>>
File: BLSKEY5CMAEz5BA.jpg:large.jpg (28 KB, 440x477) Image search: [Google]
BLSKEY5CMAEz5BA.jpg:large.jpg
28 KB, 440x477
>>68927220
lightskinned getting rekt in NBA and this fight
>>
why the fuck is that nigga trying to stare into the other ones soul. I hope he gets caught on the temple and his eye pops out of his socket. Nigga you dont need to be staring that hard.
>>
there he goes again
>>
Deloach looks pretty good
>>
well that was some night of boxing
now to finally sleep
>>
HERE COMES DAT BOI GUD
>>
Man, Brandon Figueroa is a fine qt
>>
>>68925562
porter deserved the win. Also canelo will end ggg
>>
>>68925609
Thurman landed cleaner blows and deserved the win. If you think Porter won YDKSAB
>>
>>68927748
Him and his bro are like i dont know, something.
>>
I love 4chan, first some bigtime artist or whatever who knows both fighters personally.

...and some guy injecting heroin

lovely. hey autograph gloves guy if you are reading this please tell me what you do? design trunks?
>>
File: 1461861768637.jpg (25 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1461861768637.jpg
25 KB, 288x499
>tfw initially mocked Anthony Joshua's ringwalk music, but no actually thought it was quite catchy

Also, Thurman - Garcia when?
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.