[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello my fellow Americans, I have recently discovered a grea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: great sport.jpg (963 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
great sport.jpg
963 KB, 3000x2000
Hello my fellow Americans, I have recently discovered a great sport known as Australian rules football. The top league for this outstanding sport is the Australian football league (AFL). I had known about this sport before, but recently discovered that it can be watched in the evenings and mornings on Fox Soccer Plus™ (often you get live games in the evenings!)

This is a really fun sport to watch and I hope some of you decide to tune in one of these evenings and give it a watch. The rules are a bit confusing at first but once you figure them out it's great fun. Here is a good video to help you figure them out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZYZcoAcU0

Have a good day!
>>
>abo version of gaelic football
now fuck off
>>
>>68794419
why are those men wearing booty shorts?
>>
It's without a doubt, the greatest sport on Earth. 9/10

t. Someone who doesn't watch any sport at all
>>
>>68796444
>someone who doesn't watch any sport at all

Then why are you on /sp/?

Also nice trips.
>>
Is it a dying sport in Australia or something? I've noticed it's being unironically pushed here.
>>
>>68794419
Nice try kangaroo jack
>>
You discovered it too late bro. It used to be based as fuck.

It's now just a theater for social justice and political correctness.

The action happens off the field now, and that's not a good thing.
>>
>>68796898
at least the dreamtime kits are based
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 634x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 634x400
>>68794419
WRONG, those are pansies
True football players look like this!
>>
>>68797120

I notice one distinct thing....

They all are wearing armour for some reason...

Another distinct thing...

They are fat.

Suits America very well.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 341x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 341x512
>>68797206
I dare you to say that again when you see this guy

BTFO!!
>>
>>68794419
PLEASE
>>
>>68797206

What, trying to look tough as fuck on the exterior but really soft and scared underneath?

You're right.
>>
>>68794419
Thank you for helping your compatriots see the light Mr BIG, MUSCULAR AMERIGOD
>>
>>68796473
It's only played by people in Victoria
>>
PLEASE
>>
>>68794419
proxy off goosecunt
>>
>>68797326

t. butthurt Queenslander/New South Welshman

The State of Origin is the only good thing your sport has left, it's on RIGHT NOW, and you're posting in this thread.

Toppest of Keks.
>>
>>68794419
top proxypost

10/10 really well thought out
>>
>>68797418
It's funny that just by the way it's worded, it's without a doubt a classic Aussie Shitpost.

How long have we been shitposting champions? Is the rest of 4chan even trying?
>>
File: 0305 - 2kjbD4s.jpg (3 KB, 113x125) Image search: [Google]
0305 - 2kjbD4s.jpg
3 KB, 113x125
>They're will be a world cup of AFL in you're lifetime
>>
>>68796472
People on /sp/ don't watch games. They just comment on the results.
>>
>>68794592
Gaylick copied Aussie Rules get your facts right m8
>>
File: SoccerinAus.png (83 KB, 881x859) Image search: [Google]
SoccerinAus.png
83 KB, 881x859
>>68796473
>Is it a dying sport

Sadly, most of Australia's native or national sports are dying as the soccer virus sweeps the land.

You even see it on here. More and more Aussies in soccer threads, enjoying soccer as passionately as Mexicans and Euros.

They were once a great ally in the battle against faggotball, but we lost another one.
>>
>>68798793
It's only the most popular sport in terms of participation, just lots of spastic little kids play it because mummy doesn't want them getting hurt playing rugby/afl.

There's a handful of Australian posters in soccer threads who make shitloads of posts, but more Aus posters in general in the afl/nr/cric threads.
>>
>>68798793
Soccer is the top participation sport for US kids too. It's an irrelevant statistic, the other codes receive way more media attention and attract bigger crowds, in the case of AFL, 4x on average
>>
File: 2016-06-22_08-59-20.png (888 KB, 995x640) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-22_08-59-20.png
888 KB, 995x640
Wow, you're right OP! I got to catch it live on Fox Soccer Plus™
>>
International rules football > Australian rules football

https://youtu.be/E_-J3zs_82k

Also only Ireland and Australia play this. It's like shitposting on /int/ at club level.
>>
>>68797239
All I have to do is run for ten seconds. Handegg players are unable to run for that long.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.