[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/nba/ general - Unanimous Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: IMG_20160603_000128.jpg (200 KB, 2048x1165) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160603_000128.jpg
200 KB, 2048x1165
>Warriors
>Cavaliers

>Sunday
Cavaliers @ Warriors 8PM ET

>Cavaliers bench gang raped
>JR """""""""Smith"""""""""
>LeBron near triple-double
>Shaun Livingston GOAT
>>
Holy fuck people still unironically think Wilt is even top 5?
>>
/nba/ was wrong, bandwagoned the cavs and got BTFO for the 2nd year in a row
>>
kek Wilt fucking exposed
>>
cavs are not playing sound fundamental defense at all. too much jumping into passing lanes expecting to get le epik lebron dunk on transition.
This would work against a team with utter horseshit court vision like the raptors, but not against the best passing team in the league. Especially with the warriors coming out of a series against OKC who had the length to bother the warriors by reaching their arms into passing lanes without giving up too much positioning on defense.
>>
File: 1463103606104.png (47 KB, 632x852) Image search: [Google]
1463103606104.png
47 KB, 632x852
>>68061641
>>
>cavs lose by 15 to the Warriors 2nd team when Curry and Klay are struggling
Warriors in 4
>>
File: fuck 7kt.webm (1 MB, 904x528) Image search: [Google]
fuck 7kt.webm
1 MB, 904x528
>>
>>68061668
Stat autist
>>
Are people still going to claim Lebron is top 25 when he loses again?
>>
The real reasons why the cavs lost is they gave up way too many 2nd chance points, the role players didn't show up, and the offense does nothing when lebron leaves the court. Those + 4th quarter turnovers are the story of the game. 1 and 2 are fixable, but 3 has been an issue ever since Lebron came back. It's a shame they let this game get away because splash bros won't shoot this poorly again
>>
>>68061670
if gsw take game 2 i'll change my mind, but cavs can still split and get homecourt adv

cavs had them covered pretty well on d, their o wasn't going and the refs fucked them on every call possible
>>
>>68061693
this. it's fucking over

>leastern conference
>>
File: 1464813008585.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1464813008585.jpg
116 KB, 1280x720
Cavs are fucked, what do they do with Curry? Double team him like they did this whole game, or let his bench destroy them?
I feel they would rather take down Currys stats and lose, than let him get more points in the final.
Salty Cavs lol
>>
>>68061696
>Statpads against 5'9" white guys in an 8 team league
>Can barely score 10+ when facing a good team

No, the stats autists are Wiltcucks
>>
/nba/ shouldn't have bandwagoned the Thunder up 3-2

it's really going to be eternal now
>>
>>68061722
The league was less diluted with fewer teams. The 7 footers were actually 7 foot
>>
>>68061726
>3-1
>>
>>68061722
>Wilt statpads the fuck out of the whiteys in the league
>still gets BTFO by the only other black guy at the time
>>
Cavs literally cannot hit a fucking shot around the rim
What in gods name is with this fucking team
>>
>>68061707
What part of Ohio are you from?
>>
>>68061707
you're retarded. cavs whole game plan on D is FIND CURRY. Fast little monkey just runs around the court and opens up everyone else.

>MUH REFBALL

yeah I bet you're a delly faggot as well
>>
>>68061742
were they really up 3-1? jesus christ what a fucking choke. i dont really pay attention to basketball i just think that guy's copypasta is funny
>>
>>68061753
im australian can't you see my flag you dumb fuck

>american education system
>>
>>68061707
cavs need to pick their poison, though. do they keep smothering curry and leaving other guys open or do they let curry get good looks?

also klay wasn't even being played that well on d. he was just bricking everything.

this series was over before it started. the warriors are going to beat them with superior defense no matter how badly they shoot.
>>
our guy
>>
Hard to feel good about the Cavs 2bh.

Aside from too many turnovers, they played really damn well. Love showed up. Kyrie and LeBron were on. Curry and Klay might as well have not been playing. And what happened? The GSW bench curb stomped them.

Iggy looking like he's going to get Finals MVP again.
>>
>>68061750
They're from cleveland
>>
>>68061750
Maybe in part to LeBron's insistence on getting big men out of the paint so he has more room to drive and kick. So they keep getting more and more shooters and big men who can get o-rebounds and are left with literally LeBron and 1 other guy who can get his own shot.
>>
you may only reply to this post if your team never single handily lost to shaun livingston
>>
/nba/ is worse than the emotional sports """"analysts"""". Already calling a series over because of 1 loss, when the cavs shot abysmally from the field. Are you guys for real? Enjoy watching basketball you faggots.
>>
>>68061777
>iggy

he played good but my vote goes to livingston right now
>>
>>68061764
Not a choke.

That's just how good the Warriors are.
>>
>>68061777
Denveflrfags (me) on actual suicide watch

Send help
>>
>>68061769
Word, what happened to my boy Dante Exum?
>>
File: stepho.jpg (50 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
stepho.jpg
50 KB, 620x348
good to see /nba/ has accepted Curry are their Lord and savior, he's a merciful god
>>
>>68061777
And people are gonna give curry shit again that he's isn't shit
>>
>>68061795
>Cavs will improve shooting
>Curry and Thompson will not
>>
>>68061795
>when the cavs shot abysmally from the field
Their big three combined for 66, Klay and Curry had 20pts

I know it hurts but it's over, cap this post
>>
>>68061720
>Double team him like they did this whole game, or let his bench destroy them?
it's pick your poison really. OKC had the personnel to effectively guard the warriors but had choke artist running their offense. Cavs just can't guard the warriors. I honestly think the raptors match up better.
>>
>>68061777
How in fucks name was kyrie on?
>>
File: dryer.jpg (342 KB, 800x1066) Image search: [Google]
dryer.jpg
342 KB, 800x1066
I think i'm done with Cavs basketball if they lose.
Sick of this bullshit

There is no excuse this year, Warriors are just a better team. I'd rather suffer watching the Browns than this complete shitfest
>>
>>68061795
I don't watch basketball, I just like to blow /nba/ the fuck out. I woke up 30 minutes ago and checked the box score and headed straight to /nba/ to blow them out.
>>
>>68061795
People are calling this series over because the 2 main scorers on the warriors played like absolute dog shit and they still won by double digits. The cavs cant handle the warriors D, and they certainly cant stop the warriors on offense
>>
>>68061777
>Kyrie was on
He went 7-22, if Curry had gone 7-22 people would still be posting about how he didn't show up
>>
>>68061788

Everybody just made the assumption that kyrie was a point guard and that love actually had a post game so they thought the offense would just work. They look downright terrible when lebron is off the court
>>
>>68061795
The Cavs had no shot at this series. This game only confirmed what was already known.
>mfw Lebron requests a trade next year and becomes Steph's new sidekick
>>
>>68061795
it's over. just embrace 73-9 my man. you can tell your grandkids about it
>>
>>68061826
Of course they will, but Livingston won't go 8-10 and Barbosa 5-5. The game was 68-67 cavs at one point, it was a very competitive game until the 4th quarter. As usual, /nba/ are prisoners of the moment.
>>
cavs shot like shit because the defense was really fucking good.

warriors shot well because they were hounding curry all game which opened up everyone else.

there is absolutely no adjustment they can make that will fix that. if j.r. actually shows up for a game (unlikely because he disappears every big game), they will still lose.
>>
>>68061843
If only most Cavs fans were more like you, waiting for the Warriors to take an insurmountable series lead to check out Cleveland.com
>>
File: our guy BTFO.png (1 MB, 1228x666) Image search: [Google]
our guy BTFO.png
1 MB, 1228x666
/nba/ ius so fucking stupid JAJAJAJAJAHAHAHJAHAJHAJAHAA
>>
>>68061855
Kyrie Lebron and Love were on the court together nearly all game kek
>>
Irving is overrated trash
>>
>>68061795
True, I'm not convinced that Cavs aren't going to win the series. To bandwagon it's the entire series but one loss, not even a blow out, and an ugly loss with more than questionable officiating isn't cause for worry.

Too bad Thunder were Blunder, Curryfucks would be mass suicided right now. Thanks Chokelahoma.
>>
Reminder that JR Smith is basically a heat check JJ Redick that can dunk
>>
>>68061865
>moral victories
You're aware the fourth quarter is the most important, right? If you show up prior to then, then proceed to disappear you have lost the game.
>>
fuck lads did the finals start last night? fuck me for going to bed early.

reminder that all this means is that there's a chance for lebron to go 2-1 up
>>
>>68061848
>He went 7-22
when lebron hit the bench dray was kyrie's primary defender and he completely shut him down. credit the defense, kyrie was making bad shots.
>>
lebron thought he was gonna face off against his bitch KD and then got btfo when the thunder blew a 3-1 lead hahahahahahhahaha
>>
>>68061845
Jesus, what about Miami getting btfo every game they lost to the spurs and then btfoing them back the following game? Can we at least wait till game 2 is over before calling the fucking series? I'm not saying warriors cant/won't dominate but it hasn't even been two full games yet.
>>
Livingston was complete shit against the Thunder so good on him for carrying the team this game. Helps when you don't have Waiters/Roberson guarding you and Ibaka off switches
>>
>>68061882
>not a blowout
>15pt game
Sup Cavscuck?
>>
>>68061865
yeah, but curry and thompson won't combine for only 20 points the rest of the series.

there will likely be no game where both the bench and the two of them will play like shit. hell, i'll bank on the bench continuing to roll, honestly. the cavs don't have an answer to the warriors bench.
>>
>>68061865
it's not use anon, everything is memes now
>>
Lebron is a known lame, his bitch ass needs to retire
>>
>>68061882
>questionable officiating

Agreed, Cavs were being gifted free throws all night. Let's hope it changes in game 2 :^)
>>
what ever happen to tristan the trip?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DICK SUCKING FAGGOT
>>
>>68061874

Did you watch the game? the turning point was at the beginning of the 4th when lebron was getting rest. Kyrie was doing his kyrie thing and the offense fucking sucked while the warriors bench lit them up
>>
>>68061906
This isn't Miami. Miami actually had a defense and a bench.
>>
>>68061908
okc has the depth and length to double curry/livingston. the cavs do not.

okc should have won, honestly. their team was built literally for stopping the warriors. they choked SO fucking hard. unbelievable.
>>
>>68061911
15's not really a blow out desu
>>
>>68061865
Why cant you just accept that the Warriors are actually legit the better team? Cavs bench doesnt even hold a light to the warriors bench.
>>
>>68061882
you are so casual it hurts
>>
>>68061935
Newfags please just stop pretending like you care
>>
Lue is a fucking retard

Jr can't hit keep him in
Frye misses one 3, take him out for the rest of the fucking game

Sick of this bullshit. Learn how to coach a fucking team or go back to getting gatorade for the players as you stare at the back of lebrons head

also Tristan Thompson is the cancerous tumor of this team, fucking Gilbert giving him 80 plus million a year to literally shit on the court
>>
>>68061912
Cavs bench is incredible, remember the 3 point records they were breaking? Their bench was very very badly outplayed today do you--- wait a second, am I being memed again?
>>
Give me one good reason why LeBron James isn't going to the Los Angeles Clippers this offseason

>Even more movie opportunities (Imagine the Big 4 in a road trip movie)
>Beautiful city for his family
>Best friends with Chris Paul who he said he would love to play with
>Chance for a championship
>>
>>68061882
>questionable officiating

that was probably the best called game i've seen these entire playoffs. the cavs shot 2x the amount of free throws.

you gotta be kidding me. is this the best you cavs cucks can do?
>>
the real finals was the western conference finals
>>
>>68061882
>more than questionable officiating
love this meme
>>
>>68061941
I did watch the game. The Cavs were already down double digits earlier in the game and that was with those three on the court

It took the warriors making absolutely horrendous decisions for the cavs to go on a run and bring it within 1
>>
>>68061965

But I do care anon, don't you? :^)
>>
>>68061945
>choked

Silver in full control desu
>>
>>68061973
calling that bench incredible after tonight is laughable desu
>>
>>68061975
Lakers, with KD. They can afford it.
>>
>>68061953
Why can't you accept that I want to see 1 (one) more game before making a judgment?
>>
>>68061973
just because the cavs bench is good doesn't mean they have an answer to the warriors bench, senpai.

the warriors bench was literally beating the cavs' starting five.
>>
>>68061975
The clippers can't afford him and leaving Cleveland again would tarnish his legacy
>>
>>68061976
>that was probably the best called game i've seen these entire playoffs
literally kill yourself
>>
Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

1.Only player in NBA history to quit because of Air Conditioner.
2.Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship.
3.Dunked on by a high school kid then confiscates the tape.
4.Bail on the dunk contest 13 times.
5.Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars.
6.Play on same team as his moms boyfriend.
7.Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
8.Lose not 1, not 2, but 4 times in the Finals.
9.Host a national televised TV show to leave his team.
10.Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
11.Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet. (Nate Robinson)
12.Flop every single game in the playoffs.
13.Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18.
14.GO MISSING FOR 99 PERCENT OF OVERTIME IN THE NBA FINALS
15.Only player in NBA history to show his ashy dick on national television.
16.Only player-coach to ever get btfo by a team of bench players in a finals game
>>
>>68061735
This, he played 20 games per season against Russell and Thurmond
>>
>>68061973
>Cavs bench is incredible
bahahaahaha against shitters in the east they might be. remember how effective richard jefferson was against the raptors? where was he now?
>>
File: bq5v44zccai7pg.jpg (16 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
bq5v44zccai7pg.jpg
16 KB, 500x339
>>
>>68061998
>the cavaliers literally have not beaten the warriors at all this season, playoffs and regular season, with two different head coaches
>I-I-I need to see one more game

Ok
>>
>>68061722
NBA is so fucking diluted it may as well still be an 8 team league.
>>
imagine the score next game when curry and clay actually try
>>
File: COOLKID.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
COOLKID.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
As an Ohioan (but not from Cleveland) you're all a bunch of faggots anyway. I hated Lebron when he left and still hate him. If any of you Clevelanders had any dignity you'd still hate him. You deserve this.

>mfw at least the Browns are nice enough to never get your hopes up
>mfw you should just move to Columbus or Cincinnati
>>
>>68061998
that's fine, you're just making lame excuses. the cavs just need to flat out play better. there is no other excuse.
>>
>>68062024
>j-j-just the regular season
>j-j-just one game
>j-j-just one series
The excuses will continue to come
>>
Seriously, what the fuck are the Cavs gonna do now? They have probably the best assembled team in Cavs history and they still looks like shit.

What more is there to do? What is LeBron gonna do, he isn't getting any younger and all these trips to the playoffs will eventually take a toll on him.
>>
>>68062027
Kerr is gonna sit them so they get some rest for the Olympics.
>>
>>68062038
>j-j-just one more "superstar"
>>
>>68062007
>muh refball

lame ass excuses as usual. your team got fucking worked.
>>
>>68062032
This family, will always love my Cavs but Lebron is a fucking nigger that got welcomed back home with open arms and mortgaged our future to build a "super" team just in time to meet the best team in the history of the NBA.

He'll no doubt get inducted into our hall of fame just like Shaq with the fucking Magic though

I hope his family dies in a house fire desu
>>
File: magic8.jpg (21 KB, 585x103) Image search: [Google]
magic8.jpg
21 KB, 585x103
what does he mean by this?
>>
>>68062026
Diluted yeah but athletics and conditioning have come a long way since the 70s

Wilt was a genetic freak playing against much lesser talent
>>
>>68062040
God willing not a single Cleveland team will exist within the next 5 or 6 years.

The city is an embarrassment to professional sports.
>>
>>68062037
No excuses. If they go home down 2-0 the series is over. The played bad today. They shot poorly, their bench was nonexistent, they couldn't hit wide open shots that LeBum gifted them. The entire team aside from Lebron and arguably KLove were outplayed. But excuse me if I want to see how they play in game 2 to judge how the entire 7 game series will go.
>>
>>68062073
AIDS
>>
File: IMG_20160603_004758.jpg (394 KB, 1531x1914) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160603_004758.jpg
394 KB, 1531x1914
>It's an above average player turns into the star of the summer and goes on every talk show episode

At least Shaun Livingston is likeable
>>
>>68062073
holy fuck i had to look up if he actually said that or not.

god damn the shade is unreal.
>>
>>68062071
And if Wiggins becomes a perrenial all star I am going to break into his home and play Harambe
>>
>>68062040
Its funny because LeBron is actually fucking done. Dude cant shoot outside the paint anymore. Of course the faggot is going to go to his bread and butter move of driving to the basket and hoping for a foul, but he is very obviously on the decline
>>
>>68062081
that's fine i was getting you confused with the other guy who was blaming the refs.

that being said lebron needs to play better if they want a shot, too. surprised that he only had 4 TOs listed. seemed like he was getting stripped all game long.
>>
>>68062014
You forgot getting outscored by Jason Terry in an entire finals series.
>>
>>68062086
he's too old to pull a kawhi, but i don't think he'll crash and burn like danny green.

i think he'll just stay consistent.
>>
>>68062040
>>68062040
He's no longer in his prime. He's declining. This game showed how much he's degraded. He needs a stacked team to win a finals. The team he has now have good offense but have no defense.
>>
Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan will never achieve:

1.Only player in NBA history to quit because of Air Conditioner.
2.Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship.
3.Dunked on by a high school kid then confiscates the tape.
4.Bail on the dunk contest 13 times.
5.Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars.
6.Play on same team as his moms boyfriend.
7.Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
8.Lose not 1, not 2, but 4 times in the Finals.
9.Host a national televised TV show to leave his team.
10.Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
11.Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet. (Nate Robinson)
12.Flop every single game in the playoffs.
13.Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18.
14.GO MISSING FOR 99 PERCENT OF OVERTIME IN THE NBA FINALS
15.Only player in NBA history to show his ashy dick on national television.
16.Only player-coach to ever get btfo by a team of bench players in a finals game
17.Got outscored by Jason fucking Terryin an entire finals series despite dwyane wader spoonfeeding him the ball
>>
>>68062095
this is one of his more enlightened comments of the post-season if you can believe it
>>
>Its a Lebron loses Finals
I'm actually getting sick of this product. Raptors would have been more competitive
>>
File: 1427270084990.jpg (47 KB, 600x781) Image search: [Google]
1427270084990.jpg
47 KB, 600x781
Honestly I think /nba/ will never recover from bandwagoning Lebron up 2-1 and getting BTFO. It's eternal!
I can't say i feel sorry for you, you actually thought delly could shut down the best shooter to ever play the game. You gotta live with that the rest of your lives.

>iggy shutting down MJ
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
So should I just come back to /nba/ on draft day?
>>
>>68062118
I agree. But as much as klay and steph were terrible, their bench was unusually good and made up for their deficiencies. If klay and steph play better and their bench plays worse (which is the natural thing), and the cavs bench plays to their abilities, it'll be a good series. If not, it'll be over in probably 5. The game was very close for a good stretch and then it just got out of hand.
>>
Ok seriously if Cavs lose this finals again and lebron goes 2-5 what do him and the Cavs do?
>>
GSW was face to face with the devil being down 3-1

You'd have to be fucking retarded to think they'll let this series slip to some overrated Leastern conference statpadders
>>
>>68062191
Go back two more times and lose twice to become the 90s Bills of the NBA
>>
>>68062182
No, come back next playoffs.
>>
>>68062191
He retires
I'm dead serious
>>
>>68062158
i'm not sure if he's legitimately not that intelligent or it's a clean, uncontroversial persona he built for himself.

every time he's ever said something real, it's been pretty on point. i remember when he was calling for d'antoni's head lol
>>
>>68062191
Get some depth, even if that means tossing KLove

Dude played decent tonight but his contract is hilarious for how big of an impact he actually has
>>
File: NiD4nlR.jpg (19 KB, 272x280) Image search: [Google]
NiD4nlR.jpg
19 KB, 272x280
>>68062191
If they lose this series they will disband the team in some dynamic, Lebron won't stay if they lose this series, and this is coming from a long time cavs fan

It isn't looking good at all, and i won't be surprised if it's over in 5
>>
>>68062201
Still incredible to me that okc lost that series. Fucking embarrassing. They could have killed the memes.
>>
>>68062191
I have no clue. This is their best team. If this team can't win then they'll just not meant to win
>>
Psh

Curry was double teamed half his possessions. This caused his guys to be open and the cavs to gas out in the 4th. They kept trying to push the tempo against a smaller faster deeper team. Bad ide

Lue fucked the pooch. Slow the game down and bang.
>>
>jimmy butler
>>
>>68062191
If swept, lebron leaves and the teams disbands. If game 7 series lose, they get rid of Love and Thompson for a deeper team and another shot at the finals. Most likely to lose again
>>
>Lebeta finally gets all of the control he wants to pick a team and coach
>Happens to get the most talented team he's ever been on (supposedly)
>Happens to run into the 2 greatest shooters of all time and the new modern dynasty

Loving every laugh
>>
>an injury will beat the Warriors
>The Spurs will beat the Warriors
>OKC will beat the Warriors
Interesting pattern
>>
>>68062220
>sign and trade Love for Durant during the offseason

who says no? OKC obviously can't since durant walks anyway if they don't trade him
>>
>>68062222
quads confirms it. team suicide imminent.
>>
>>68062211
You don't get to Magic's postseason life without recognizing real and saying it. Same with Jordan.
>>
I love how overconfident Lecrab was after playing Leastern conference garbage and how quickly he was reminded about how good of a team Golden State is
>>
Spurs gonna win another chip before lebron wins one for the land
>>
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2016/01/is_kyrie_irving_the_best_point.html

Will the narrative change after a Finals loss in order to protect Lebron's legacy?
>>
>>68062269
The most talented team LeBeta has been on was with the Heat. Wade, Bosh, Tom Battier, Ray Allen and the rest were all leagues better than Cuckrie and Love.
>>
File: kobr laughing at the heat.png (222 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
kobr laughing at the heat.png
222 KB, 480x320
>there are people on /sp/ RIGHT NOW that still think LeBeta is better than Kobe
>>
>>68062098
I think it depends entirely on if he can ever turn into a closer. Every time there was a dominant post player, he deferred to that guy and played second fiddle. If he can be more efficient shooting and more consistent of a defender, he can move himself up a tier.
>>
>>68062318
>Kyrie 60% Curry 30%
>Cavs cucks unironically thought this at the height of the greatest shooting season history of all time
>>
>>68062328
>Tom Battier
>>
>>68062328
wade legitimately second best sg ever

love and kyrie not even top 20
>>
>>68062328
>tom battier
>>
>>68062310
They'll win two before lebron does
>>
>>68062289
I don't know how i feel about that, i'd rather see them go for a somewhat legit big man that can play in the paint and get rebounds. Someone like a Drummond

How well do you think Durant would fit in Cleveland, i don't know much about how he plays other than what i saw during the GSW series
>>
File: 1460612793325.webm (127 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
1460612793325.webm
127 KB, 500x304
>>68062331
>mfw
>>
>>68062318
Cleveland deserves to lose again, they're just terrible in all aspects
>>
File: UncleTomsCabinCover[1].jpg (517 KB, 1159x2012) Image search: [Google]
UncleTomsCabinCover[1].jpg
517 KB, 1159x2012
>>68062350
>>
The real question is

Could the Warriors win a championship with LeBron? Ask yourself honestly
>>
>>68062269
2012 and 2013 Heat team was the most talented
>>
Is it time to accept that LeBron has always basically been a meme? His "reign" over the league lasted for like two, three years in between the decline of Duncan and Kobe and the rise of the new guards like Harden and Curry and Westbrook. LeBron seems to basically be our generation's Hakeem, the man who scrambled to the top of the mountain for two rings while the old dynasties were dying and the new ones were still being created.
>>
>>68062378
That's why I said supposedly, because """"""experts""""""" were stupid enough to get convinced by blowing out garbage Leastern conference teams
>>
File: nba gets btfo again.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nba gets btfo again.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
curry had more turnovers than baskets and Warriors still won by 15
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WIN
ONE
FOR
DA
LAND
MY
ASS
>>
>>68062372
He'd fine some way to mess it up
>ISO ISO
>GIBME DAT SHEEEEIT
>TRADE DAT WHITE BOII KERR, LET A REAL NIGGA COACH

Would probably move Livingston and Barbosa for Marc Gasol, only for him to get an injury
>>
>>68062379
>Harden
>Westbrook
Please
>>
>have a bad day
>go 9-27 for 3
>still win by 15 points

b-but /nba/ told me they were a chucking meme team
>>
File: 61565125.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
61565125.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
This image sums up /nba/ accurately
>>
File: jags guy.jpg (45 KB, 341x500) Image search: [Google]
jags guy.jpg
45 KB, 341x500
>spent hours arguing with someone about how the Warriors would blow the Cavs the fuck out
>mfw he legitimately argued that Tristan Thompson was elite and just as good if not better than DeMarcus Cousins
>>
>>68062402
Without those 3s they lose by 3. Definition of memechucking trash.
>>
>>68062379
Pretty much. I can't seem him win another ring. Timberwolves, Bucks, and Jazz have young teams that will be on the rise, Warriors will be power houses, Spurs wi still be spurs with some young players added, Hornets, Raptors, Heat, hell even Pistons will just get better and develop. If Lebron wanted more rings he should have stayed with the Heat for the 2014-2015 season.
>>
kevin love + 2017 first round pick for melo this summer
>>
>>68062379
He was Stern and Silver's failed attempt at creating the next Jordan/Kobe, but the kid wasn't clutch and next to nobody likes the guy

See so many of those Lebron James sneakers sitting on shelves
>>
File: lebitch.jpg (153 KB, 750x769) Image search: [Google]
lebitch.jpg
153 KB, 750x769
>>68062402
>have a bad day
>go 9-27 for 3
>luck out by playing against the biggest choker in NBA history
>still win by 15 points
>>
>>68062421
cavs scored 7 3s, discount those.
>>
>>68062418
You should never talk to that person again.

I am Cavs fan and i think Tristan is a parasite with no worth on the court
>>
If Lebron stayed with the Heat for the 2014-2015 season, would they beat the Warriors?
>>
>>68062432
Kobe is also hated
>>
Is Lebron a nigger?
>>
>>68062438
They dont make an entire game plan around chucking them though so theirs are fine.
>>
>curry is good

KEK this playoffs has just proven how much of a streaky meme chucker curry is. if not for the warriors depth he'd be in a fucking lottery team for tanking
>>
>>68062458
No instead they made an entire gameplan around stopping 2 players and got completely BTFO
>>
Cavs offense sucked cuz having Thompson and Lebron out there at once clogs up the paint too much.
Run James/Shumpert/Smith/Love/Frye and have Kyrie play iso on the second unit and Thompson rebound Kyrie's bricks.
Cavs in 6 btw niggers
>>
>>68062455
Kobe won rings after Shaq left in the second largest market in the league. Winning fixes everything. I doubt Lebron's retirement will have anyway near an equal reception
>>
>>68062442
Bosh would still be ded and Wade would still be old, so the Heatles would still be gone.

However, I feel like Pat Riley would have been able to bring together a much better roster than LeBron did himself in Cleveland.
>>
>>68062418
He's right on the part about Cousins. Cousins is not good.

>Big man who shoots 45% and can't play D
LMAO
>>
>>68062469
Why don't you email coach Lue with your ideas anon?
>>
>>68062260
nobody wants Thompsons contract till the trade deadline of its final year. GM Bron fucked the cavs with that and probably cost them the salary space needed to fill actual needs like the wing defender he traded away for love.
>>
Looking at Shaun Livingston, I thought he would sound like Andre Miller. Hearing him speak without a retard voice is really jarring.
>>
>>68062379
Hakeem is EXACTLY what he is.

I always love when people pump up Hakeem and call him the GOAT, forgetting that he only won his two rings when Jordan was playing baseball.
>>
>2016
>Giving max contracts to hustle players
>>
>>68062488
Basically what my dad said during the post-game interview. Seems like a smart guy.
>>
>>68062489
Don't disrespect Hakeem by comparing him to Lebeta
>>
>>68062489
So is curry this generations Jordan?
>>
>>68062294
Durant is 60-40 gone I think. OKC can have room to sign 1 borderline elite player before signing him over the cap thanks to Bird Rights. (Some have speculated that Durant will sign a 1 year deal with a 1 year player option, but he would be foolish to do that because the CBA can be opted out of on June 30, 2017.)

And I'm looking at this year's FA class and there isn't anyone that would take OKC over the top. They don't need a 3rd superstar, although that would help. A solid backup PG who can keep the offense going, who may be able to play the 2 and a perimeter player who can score is really all they need, assuming no injuries. The best thing would be Billy Donovan somehow convincing Westbrook and Durant to trust their teammates in closing moments.

http://www.nba.com/freeagents/2016/
>>
File: Kevin_Durant.jpg (118 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kevin_Durant.jpg
118 KB, 2000x1000
>>68062489
Please fucking kill yourself
>>
>>68062492
This

what a fucking joke
>>
>>68062486
He didn't cost them anything

they were already over the cap when they gave Thompson his deal, even if they lost him they wouldn't have been able to sign anyone.

>/nba/ casuals always being stupid when it comes to this subject thinking if they didn't re-sign Thompson they would be able to get more players
>>
Is Kevin Love the ultimate cuck?

He went from being the face of a franchise to being some meme 7ft 3pt. chucker like Andrea Bargnani
>>
>>68062498
Him or Kawhi. Very young Jordan for Kawhi though
>>
>>68062484
Can you do that? Cavs wrecked face when Frye/Love played together in earlier rounds, no idea why Lue didn't use the lineup at all. Kyrie also can't gaurd Livingston, but Shumpert sure as fuck can. Fixes 2 biggest problems.
>>
>>68062509
He's no Shane Battier
>>
>>68062489
>Lebron is the greatest two-way player of all-time
Fuck right off lad, if Hakeem had Pippen, Rodman, Kerr, Kukoc and co he'd have won as many as Jordan
>>
>>68062502
So where does he go? Could he really, truly go to the Celtics? Or the Spurs? Or even the Warriors?
>>
Cavs fan here, I don't really care if we lose because fuck Lebron, is there anyway to get him off the team in MyCareer?
>>
>cavs lose game 1 in a way that 'analysts' didn't predict whatsoever

Dunno, why people are losing their minds then. This series is going to be unpredictable.
>>
>>68062510
I worry that Kawhi's mental state will prevent him from reaching GOAT status. I think he was incredibly shook by his dad's murder and that's why he's so quiet and shy. It makes him a great teammate and a great fit for the Spurs, but it may also keep him from having the killer instinct he needs to become truly elite. Hopefully Pop can keep on coaxing greatness out of him.
>>
File: googs.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
googs.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>68062328
>Tom Battier

pic related is the only TOM thats ever mattered to the nba
>>
>>68062509
Love is doing more than Bosh did. He's filling his role. Iso Kyrie, Lebron's shit shot, and everyone else not being able to hit a shot sunk them game 1.
>>
>>68062533
I predict the Cavs lose in 5 due to an inconsistent Kyrie, poor coaching and lack of bench depth, cap this post
>>
Nobody is this generations Jordan, future generations will never be able to match Jordan because all kids these days are entitled brats with no work epic. People from my generation actually worked on their craft instead of staring at their phones all day.
>>
The cavs are not going to beat this warriors team with love or kyrie on the floor

nobody is going to take your opinion seriously unless you acknowledge this
>>
>>68062555
Kyrie is such a shit tier defender and Kevin Love is the softest PF in the league
>>
>>68062553
epic post
>>
>>>/po/538879

>>68062547
Bosh played defense fuck off
>>
>>68062564
There was a raid on /po/ recently, quite glad the thread survived desu
>>
>>68062555
Kyrie, Love, and Lebron score 66/89 points. If you think any of those 3 was the problem you are a stupid nigger.
>>
>>68062539
I'm hopeful that he can develop some killer instinct. Jordan took time to get to where he was and Kawhi can have the same thing.
>>
>>68062502
i just don't see it to be quite honest. okc underachieved in the regular season because they had a rookie coach, but they played to their potential in the playoffs and were a massive chokejob away from a chip.

their team is built to beat the warriors through and through. the warriors are going to at least get slightly worse by losing either ezeli or barnes.

durant would be stupid to leave.
>>
>>68062310
Thunder will win one before the Spurs
>>
>'Big' Three score 66 collectively
>Curry and Klay only put up 20
>still lose by 15 to the bench unit
Series is over
>>
>>68062469
this would actually be something to run for a half. If lue doesn't make a big change and force the warriors to adjust this series will be over in 5
>>
>>68062553
Jordan was a lazy selfish asshole though
He was pure talent
>>
>>68062581
>durant would be stupid to leave.

Welllllll
>>
>>68062564
Love isn't that bad of a defender when he is actually trying, just like Bosh. Fucking LIVINGSTON didn't drop 20 points on 80% shooting on Love, now did he?
>>
I'm waiting until next year. I knew with the Warrior we weren't going to win. They are going to calm down next year and we'll just get better when we fucking trade Love
>>
>>68062564
bosh is a million times the player love is. it's not even close. he didn't fill up the stat sheet in miami during the heatles era because he unselfishly took a diminished role for them to win.
>>
>>68062602
Who's going to take that white boy's contract? The Celtics?
>>
>>68062577
I've got to say that he's in a good space to grow as a superstar. He's got three Hall of Famers plus a GOAT coach to teach him.

I particularly love how every now and then Kawhi will pull a trick he obviously learned from Ginobili.
>>
i miss joakim noah
>>
>>68062574
>offense is all that matters

kys
>>
>>68062591
True. Possible. They need to stop choking though
>>
>all this offseason discussion
So who's going to the 76ers?
>>
>>68062609
Love is doing the exact same shit Bosh did you retard. People even gave Bosh shit for it back when lebron was with Miami. Fact is they're both mediocre defenders and have a similar offensive game. Hell Love even had better stats in Minny than Bosh did in Toronto.
>>
>>68062519
If OKC can't sell Durant on getting the few players they need (really, they only need a few more rotation pieces because the rest of the team is that good on paper), then the teams with cap space AND championship status are:

Fucking GSW by waiving every UFA/RFA (which includes Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, and Barbosa)
Miami (if they retain Whiteside)
Boston and whatever they can get for #3
Portland for same reasons as GS
And way, way, way on the outside is Timberwolves.

Wiz aren't good enough and need too much for Durant to consider going there.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cap/2016/
>>
File: kdeals.jpg (102 KB, 559x601) Image search: [Google]
kdeals.jpg
102 KB, 559x601
>>68062502
too much money to leave on the table though. stay and get paid. its not like he's gonna find a MUCH BETTER situation to win a ring thats worth losing that much $ for
>>
>>68062602
>they are going to calm down next year
They were basically asleep tonight and won by 15
>>
>>68062623
Like the Spurs did?
>>
>>68062626
Didn't you read? Sixers are possibly trading Noel for Jeff Teague
>>
File: derrick-rose-sad.jpg (196 KB, 590x354) Image search: [Google]
derrick-rose-sad.jpg
196 KB, 590x354
>tfw I want to join everyone in laughing at lebron but always keep having PTSD flashbacks of him fucking us out of the playoffs 5/5 times in the past like 7-8 years

Help me /nba/
>>
File: Indians Frowny Face.jpg (33 KB, 404x471) Image search: [Google]
Indians Frowny Face.jpg
33 KB, 404x471
>your city will never EVER win a championship EVER again
>>
>>68062648
That was a massive choke from the spurs that I haven't since the game 6 2013 finals. They'll get back at it and so will the Thunder
>>
>>68062658
Well if we're going on Lebron logic those losses don't count due to team injuries
>>
>LeBrick
>>
>>68062617
there were times where kawhi looked literally unstoppable in the regular season. his jump shot has improved and looked near elite at times and he's so lengthy that he finishes at the rim with ease. he's also a really good defender.

the spurs need to be retooled, though. new center. new microwave scorer (though i can't think of anyone as good as prime ginobli). replace danny green with someone like courtney lee.
>>
>>68062621
Warriors only scored 104 points. Cavs can easily out do that if they shoot properly. The really bad defense was a) Kyrie on Livingston and b) people leaving open shooters too much in transition.

Fix a) by subbing Kyrie out for Shumpert and b) by fucking watching film and not being fat fucks
>>
>>68062623
Why do you faggots keep saying this? They didn't choke, the warriors just beat them, plain and simple.

They never gave up and Curry and Play pulled out insane performances to win 3 in a row, there was nothing OKC could have done.

The warriors are just too good. And that's why they're winning three championships in a row.
>>
>>68062653
>Colangelo brings a team right back into mediocrity by chasing the elusive Next Steve Nash that made his career

I want Hinkie back.
>>
>>68062681
I meant gane 6. That was a choke.
>>
>>68062679
>Warriors only scored 104 points. Cavs can easily out do that if they shoot properly.

Did you even watch how Iggy Klay and Green played defense tonight?
>>
>>68062681
you're a faggot, they choked. curry and thompson's insane performances still didn't matter since the score was so close. they only lost when they got rattled near the end and stopped playing basketball and just stood there.
>>
>>68062679
>Cavs can easily out do that if they shoot properly.
You're aware the Warriors aren't going to remain complacent in their shooting, right? Klay and Curry will improve from the field
>>
>>68062681
But their stats in clutch time were literally fucking trash, that LITERALLY means they choked
>>
>>68062669
Who was injured in 2011?
>>
I hope Sean Livingston keeps it up, I want to see that dude get the MVP. He seems cool.
>>
>>68062682
you realize hinkies plan was literally lose 60 games a year untill you get lebron 2.0 right? Nobody is going to accept being that fucking shit for so long.
>>
>>68062634
bosh is a much better defender than love is...are you kidding me?

and their offensive game isn't really that close. bosh is a much better mid range player. love is arguably the better post player. bosh could shoot over defenders while love has trouble with anyone taller than 6'6". the only real similarities to their game is that they can shoot the three.

that was literally the main issue with blatt. he was using love like bosh was being used in miami when it wasn't working. they were much more successful when they let love go to the basket more.
>>
>>68062507
>they wouldn't have been able to sign anyone.
that year sure but what about two seasons later when brons deal is up? 5 years is why the deal is shit, not because he makes as much as he does annually.

>/nba/ casuals always being stupid when it comes to this subject thinking that a deal this year doesn't effect the cap five years from now

fixed your shit. think about the long term before you start calling people casuals or you're just as bad as GM Bron
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.