[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boxing is a better sport than MMA. Prove me wrong >protip:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
File: maxresdefault.jpg (214 KB, 1166x794) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
214 KB, 1166x794
Boxing is a better sport than MMA. Prove me wrong

>protip: don't try and save yourselves the headache and let the thread die. MMA will always be boxing's retarded cousin.
>>
Take the gloves out of the equation and I'd actually start watching boxing. Otherwise, no.
>>
>>67369428
>I do not know shit about boxing or the human body: the post.
>>
>>67369242

/ABOUT BILLIONS/
>>
>>67369242
Dude, you're just going to have to accept that there are people who don't appreciate artistry involved, and prefer the brutality of mixed-martial arts. For them, masterful footwork, slipping punches while scoring off a jab and a war of constant attrition bores the living daylights out of them. They'd rather see fighters knocked out in a flash or forced to submit.

You can make all the chess/checkers comparisons you want, but when it comes down to it, it's just a matter of taste.
>>
>>67369242
how is that even a question?
>>
>>67369951
There's no question in OPs post.

>>67369873
Boxing is much more brutal than MMA.
>>
What are some genuinely brutal Boxing matches I could watch?
Preferable recent stuff, just two guys slugging at eachother
>>
>>67371329
Diego Corrales vs Jose Luis Castillo(GOAT SLUG FEST)
Lebedev vs Jones
Miura vs Vargas
Miura vs Uchiyama
Gatti Ward (overrated in my opinion)
Gatti Augustus ( underrated in my opinion)
Marquez vs Vazquez 1-3
Berrera Morales 1 and 3 (a lot of technical aspects in those 2 fights a casual wouldn't notice)
Matthysee vs Molina
>>
>>67369242
Nothing to prove wrong
>>
>>67371329

Vitali Lewis
>>
Boxing is for closeted homos that cant fight

Are you a closeted homo that cant fight?

Of course you are
>>
>>67371273
Only when they brawl instead of box. The best boxers are rarely hurt and even then most boxers can continue to box for years with little wear on their bodies. (1)The average MMA fighter's professional career lasts 3 years, and only half of that is spent fighting for a major promotion. A professional boxer's career can span anywhere from a few years to a few decades, not to mention this is is in addition to amateur experience which is arguably less brutal, but far more noteworthy than training to be a blackbelt in judo or jiujistu at a gym and occasionally participating in a tournament.

Suffice it to say, Boxing is generally, not as brutal as MMA. It's more rigorous, which requires far better conditioning to last 30-45 minutes in the ring, but it's not as devastating to your health. Freak accidents like what happened in Russia when Kovalev killed a guy, or when Nick Blackwell was placed in an induced coma to stop brain bleeding, is relatively uncommon. Less so in MMA.
>>
>>67371458
>>67371329
Povodnikov v Bradley was brutal as fuck and more recent.
>>
I used to think boxing was tough until I got into wrestling and BJJ.

Honestly, grappling is far more draining. Secondly, as soon as a boxer touches the mat, it's fucking over. He's just fucking done.

Just look at James Toney vs Chuck. Chuck smashed him like I smashed that fucking like button last night famigos.
>>
File: heem79.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heem79.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67371893
>The average MMA fighter's professional career lasts 3 years
do you have a source for that
also if you want to see high level footwork, speed, and technique in MMA, watch a Dominick Cruz or Demetrious Johnson fight
it's there in the sport, but I agree MMA hasn't been around long enough and covers a much broader skillset than boxing, so MMA fighters are rarely able to develop the depth of technique in one area that boxers can

>>67369242
I don't need to
Have fun with your dying sport friend
>>
>>67371935
>Secondly, as soon as a boxer touches the mat, it's fucking over.
When 2 people attack 1 Wrestler, what good is it trying to take someone to the ground?

If you took my friend to the ground trying to penetrate him, I would boot you into the head.
>>
>>67371935
Hm.. not sure tough would be the right word, because boxing really is tough. Mastering the sport takes ridiculous amounts of dedication and a lot of natural ability, most of which consists of footwork, accuracy and conditioning. If you mean it's easy to get in the ring and just trade blows, then yeah, that bit isn't tough. To be great, you really need to put in more work.

That said, grappling is very draining, but then again, in MMA you only have to do it for 15 to 25 minutes at a time, and even then, you really don't need to do it the whole time. Conditioning is still really important, but far less important than it is for world-class championship boxing. Once you reach that level, it becomes your most important attribute.
>>
>>67371893
>tl;Dr I don't know what I am talking about.
>>
>>67372058
Referring to a sport setting
The same logic can be applied to what you said about a street fight
If you tried to attack me 2 on 1, I could pull a knife out and start stabbing
Or because I'm an American, shoot you
>>
>>67372023
Sure, I can try to dig up a few, but 3 years is the general figure most former pros I know throw around. The ones who last longer typically do so for a good reason (they managed to stay out of danger, or end fights quickly through submissions throughout most of their careers).

https://combatsportslaw.com/tag/average-ufc-fighter-career-length/

This confirms the average length of a career with a major promotion, though.
>>
>>67372143

When you knock someone on the ground in Boxing, you give them some time to recover, that is called SPORT.

In MMA when you knock someone down, you then jump on them and pummel their face relentlessly, that is NOT called SPORT.
>>
>>67372143
>talking about street fighting on the sports board

>>>/k/
>>
>>67372023
>hitting someone down
>choking
Those are my main problems with MMA.

Also it doesn't have the Noble aura of boxing but maybe it will have it in a few decades.
>>
>>67372282
Pussy
>>
>>67372316
>attitude of MMA fans
Definitely the worst aspect there is to it.

We're talking about sports not violence.
>>
Boxing fans are the most fedora tipping insecure sperglords
>>
>>67372342
No one cares what you think, pussy.

Violence is a part of the sport, its fucking fighting

Go try and box in a street fight then see what happens when you ask him to stop choking you
>>
>>67372342
The majority of MMA fans are under the age of 18.
>>
>>67372381
And youre a fat sack of shit aspie
>>
>>67372129
Sure I don't.

>>67372023
Right, MMA does have some fighters who display spectacular footwork, but it's not really the key focus of the sport. Most of the fighters who do display it have a background in boxing or kickboxing. They've just got so many other things they have to focus on that they really can't afford to get too attached to any one thing. As a result, it makes for a very effective fighter, but it's far less eloquent.
>>
>>67372398
Eloquent, from a boxing perspective, seeing good striking is seeing good striking

These people have to deal with kicks and takedowns too, their footwork is far more practical and eloquent in that way
>>
>>67372381
Is the average american football fan like this too?
>>
>>67372377
Why do Mixed Martial Autist fans always come back to this
MUH street fighting MUH street fighting

Nigga were on a sports board. None of you fucking faggots on this board who constantly equate MMA to street fighting haven't been in either.if you had, you wouldn't equate them. Street fighting is for dumbasses. If someone tries to fight me on the street they are getting their ass beat by 15 spics who don't give one fuck about MUH one on one MUH fair fight or if I'm by myself you're getting shot and laid on. Street fighting=\= combat sports.
>>
>>67372377
Street fighting isn't a sport, it's assault. Also, arguably responsible for almost killing the Rocky franchise.
>>
File: diaz vs cyborg 2.webm (2 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs cyborg 2.webm
2 MB, 624x352
Diaz though
>>
File: diaz vs cyborg boxing.webm (3 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs cyborg boxing.webm
3 MB, 624x352
>>67372474
>>
>>67372377
The first rule of a street fight is you NEVER go to the ground

That's just asking for someone to start stomping your head from behind

Very rarely are you dealing with a one on one situation in a street fight and the last thing you want is to be vulnerable on the ground when a guy decides to take out a knife or his friends comes up to knock you out with a kick to the head
>>
>>67372454
Youre a fucking total dumbass aspie

Its a more pure form of fighting, thats it.

Youre just a dumb little shit who knows most of his heroes would get dropped on their head in a second

Same with you
>>
>>67372397
>the petulant reaction of a wounded child: the post
>>
File: diaz vs cyborg boxing 2.webm (3 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs cyborg boxing 2.webm
3 MB, 624x352
>>67372497
>>
File: diaz vs lawler stockton slap.webm (3 MB, 952x720) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs lawler stockton slap.webm
3 MB, 952x720
>>67372516
>>
>>67372502
You've never been in an actual fight or seen an actual fight
>>
>>67372427
Not sure I'd use the word eloquent to describe dodging tackles (either by sprawling or slipping attempts), or rolling around on the ground while struggling to establish position. It's certainly challenging, difficult, and for those who become proficient at, impressive, but eloquent? Yeah, not sold on that.
>>
File: diaz vs gomi spicy.webm (3 MB, 512x368) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs gomi spicy.webm
3 MB, 512x368
>>67372542
>>
>>67372515
>the reaction of a fat aspie crying through his fat rolls and exhaling his vape clouds with Prince Naseem highlight vids in the background
>>
>>67372551
Neither have you, if you think going to the fucking ground in a street fight is a smart thing to do (protip, having a fight at school while a bunch of people stand around and watch is not a "street fight")
>>
>>67372561
Of course you cant find "eloquence" in it

You dont understand it
>>
>>67372568
>I'm still under the age of 18: the sequel.

Dude stop. You're embarrassing every legit MMA fan here.
>>
File: unblebel.gif (424 KB, 250x257) Image search: [Google]
unblebel.gif
424 KB, 250x257
>>67372542
That was classy.
>>
File: diaz vs condit stockton slap.webm (3 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
diaz vs condit stockton slap.webm
3 MB, 624x352
>>67372565
>>67372595
>>
>>67372590
No one gives a shit

Youre an embarrassment to yourself and everyone you know because such a cringey aspie talking high and might on a board for Japanese autism
>>
>>67372578
Do you think every fight is against a gang of knife wielding outlaws?
>>
File: diaz silva antics.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
diaz silva antics.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>67372595
>>67372604
>>
>>67372542
Yeah, diaz can trade and has decent accuracy, but as a boxing fan you have to cringe at this shit. He's displaying no defense, dropping his hands and taking shots he doesn't need to take so he can mug his opponents. Again, I get why people like MMA but this just lacks finesse.
>>
>>67372179
t. Conor
>>
https://youtu.be/WDc3vKREhfM

>observation
>patience
>quick and incisive hits
>counters
>>
>>67372578
This.

I grew up in Miami in some real fucking ghetto women sucking dick for crack areas. Street fighting always ends with a gun being pulled, one person getting jumped by like 10 people, felony battery, or in many cases attempted murder or even sometimes fucking murder charges.

Stay om /heem/ kids and keep telling yourself MUH mma works in MUH street fight.
None of you have been in either. If you had you wouldn't be equating a combat SPORT to a STREET fight.

>tl;Dr leave your basement once your balls drop and realize how stupid you are.
>>
>>67372638
Boxing finesse.

They arent boxing

Is that hard to understand?
>>
>>67372635
What's going on here? No one wants to make the first move because of countering.
>>
>>67372622
Nope, but a street fight is too full of unknowns to think you're in a fucking MMA ring

If you're smart, you'll be kicking the guy in the balls and dropping him as quick as you can

Not trying to wrestle and choke him out, you petulant child
>>
>>67372608
>aspie

No one over the age of 18 says aspie and if they do, they spend entirely too much time on the board we are all posting on.

Keep exposing yourself dude. You are fundamentally incapable of speaking like a grown man because you are a little boy and it shows in every autistic reaction you have toward me.
>>
>>67372638
They're two different sports, and even if they were the same all individual fighters are always going to be different in their own way.
I enjoy both boxing & MMA.
>>
>>67369242
apples are better than oranges. prove me wrong.

>protip: OP's a fucking imbecile.
>>
>>67372670
No one is actually dumb enough to randomly get into fights with people in shitholes other than you

Obviously if someone pulls a gun it doesnt mean you go for a single leg

Sure as hell doesnt mean you square up and try to shoulder roll through bullets either

That doesnt mean MMA isnt more practical fighting
>>
>>67372635
Kek'd I like provocation but this is too much imo, he just looks stupid.
>>
>>67372680
Obviously if you fucking dummy. What does that have to do with MMA not being more natural fighting?

You dont fucking go in a southpaw stance either with a guy holding a broken bottle
>>
>>67372583
Uh.. no, I do understand it. I just don't agree with your interpretation of the word eloquent, nor do I feel it's the appropriate adjective to ascribe to those specific actions. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just because someone disagrees with your description of something doesn't mean they don't understand or appreciate it in their own way.
>>
>>67372693
You sound like such a fucking manchild
>>
>>67372713
>That doesnt mean MMA isnt more practical fighting
Nobody said that.
But it's not because it is practical fighting that it is fit to be a sport.
>>
File: loligotu.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
loligotu.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>67369242
my grandpa was a pro boxer back in the day, and when I showed him mma for the first time (he originally thought it was gay as fuck), he said "wow I wish we had this when I was younger, it always pissed me off how I couldn't throw elbows"
>>
>>67372670
where you from, homie? Liberty City? Little Haiti? Overtown? i lived in Hialeah for a while and it was never that bad over there. sure, there are some dumb ass thugs around, but you could avoid them. i moved to downtown/edgewater when i finally made some bank after some years in ft lauderdale.
>>
>>67372734
>im right youre wrong even though i clearly know nothing of grappling

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but just because someone disagrees with your description of something doesnt mean they dont understand or appreciate it in their own way
>>
>>67372746
Then whining about real life situations is irrelevant and this conversation is stupid
>>
>>67372765
Carol City
Opa Locka
Lived in Little Haiti till I was 10

Spent time in TGK

Ironically enough live in Ft Lauderdale now.
>>
>>67372676
no, I understand that they're not, but that wasn't my point. Boxing is often more artful, while MMA is generally less so. And that's great in its own way, since it caters to people who enjoy brawling, sprawling and knockouts. Nothing wrong with that. To each his own.
>>
>>67372825
Apparently not since you're obviously forcing non-existant narratives then complaining about someone else's perception of things

What a pretentious load of shit
>>
>>>>67372791
ha. i worked in an Opa Locka warehouse for a summer. Little Haiti gets whack. i only swing by there for Churchill's. never been to Carol City but it's reputation is well known in the 305.

when i moved up to ft lauderdale, it was quite the change of pace. the city's cleaner, the people nice, etc. might move back up if i find a good job up there.
>>
>>67372746
>fit to be a sport
That's entirely subjective m8
>>
>>67372696
Yeah, that's true. I wasn't saying that they're the same thing or anything. I'm just saying I prefer boxing because you usually don't end up seeing shit like that (mugging, lack of defense, etc.) — there's a greater show of sportsmanship. I get how some people don't really care as much about that as I do, and I think MMA definitely appeals to that crowd. Nothing wrong that. People like what they like.
>>
>>67372894
>sportsmanship is prolonging your opponents brain damage
>>
>>67372877
Ft Lauderdale can be gutter in some parts. I lived in sistrunk for a bit before I got a real job.

I saw a dude get put in a coma across the street from the Swap Shop. Lauderhill is pretty awful too.

But Broward is generally nicer than dade. Has just as many drugs though.
>>
100% people only go into boxing because they're afraid of getting a shin to the chin
>>
File: autism.jpg (22 KB, 960x387) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
22 KB, 960x387
>>67369428
>>
>>67372881
As I said earlier, MMA don't have a Noble aura yet.

Also even if it is a tiny thing, fighting in a "cage" is not as glorious as on a "ring"
A cage is for animals, a ring is for athletes and entertainers.
>>
File: sub8.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sub8.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67372282
>Noble aura of boxing
that's mainly something you associate with boxing, I don't think boxing has a "noble aura" to it at all

>choking
it's a part of the sport
it's also often much less damaging to the fighter getting choked than a knockout
that's as nonsensical as saying that you don't like boxing because you have a problem with uppercuts
>>
>>67372965
Boxing fans are pretentious aspies that have never fought in their lives
>>
>>67372946
Canada go home you had too much syrup on your pancakes.
>>
>>67372984
You sound like a pussy
>>
>>67372973
Dude I destroyed you already you're underaged leave this board.
>>
>>67373005
This is what Im talking about

You are such a little pussy, its adorable

You literally sound like a fucking 12 year old
>>
>>67372766
I'm sorry, I'm just trying to establish how you believe I know nothing about grappling given any of my previous statements in this reply thread. I haven't expressed any opinions on grappling that show a lack of understanding, so I'm guessing you're just inferring that based on my statement that grappling in general isn't "eloquent." What you're failing to understand is that the term is subjective. One person can find something eloquent, while another person views it as gauche.

That said, I never said you were wrong in your view that it's eloquent, just that I don't believe that's the term I would use to describe it. It's not a "you're wrong, I'm right" proposition, but you're certainly trying to make it one. Maybe just relax and realize not everyone is trying to argue with you.
>>
>>67373017
You literally are a 12 year old.
>>
>>67372984
Somebody ordered pancakes I just sip the sizzurp
>>
>>67373026
You basically marginalized grappling to dodging tackles

Thats stupid and a fraction of it

I think its eloquent and you come off as some pretentious shit telling me im wrong while saying i should be mindful of others opinions
>>
>>67373050
Free Gucci Mane
RIP Pimp C
>>
>>67372922
okay, you made me chuckle.
>>
>>67373063
TYBG
>>
>>67373055
My lack of elaboration does not equate to a failure to understand — I honestly didn't want to type out every aspect of the MMA clinch/ground game — but if it makes you feel any better, I'll just let you keep believing that I'm clueless.
>>
>>67373107
You didnt want to because you dont get it. You wouldnt have surmised it so stupidly if you did
>>
>>67373038
Good comeback, pussy
>>
>>67373239
>I was still born in 2004: the post.
>>
>>67373250
>i was born in 2006 with a vagina: the poster
>>
this thread is terrible and not worthy of the sport of boxing
>>
>>67372945
haven't lived up there in a while. i lived on davie blvd not far from las olas and riverfront. worked in pompano. i guess i never saw the rougher parts of town.
>>
>>67373135
Well actually, the reason I only mentioned those specific aspects are because they're the only ones I would remotely describe as graceful or eloquent, though I still feel either would be an inaccurate adjective to describe them. I'd use terms like skillful, challenging, difficult or impressive instead. Again, this whole debate is subjective, but whatever.
>>
>>67372172
But they fight for years outside the UFC. This also doesn't account for shitters who came in and lost 3 then were booted. The good fighters stay for almost a decade or at least 5 years at the top of their divisions.
>>
>>67369242
>MMA is enjoyable
>Boxing is enjoyable

I grew up watching Boxing and my dad put me into the Nevada Golden Gloves program.

That being said, I really enjoy watching MMA- and indeed every other form of competitive fighting. Tried it for a year, but couldn't get over the pure amount of suck that I am on the mat.

Let us, and people how enjoy fighting, just enjoy all the fights we get to watch in the ring; regardless of the form they use.

>I'm also excited for that new Armored Weapon Fighting. That looks fun as hell.
>>
>>67372638
If you were an actual boxing fan you would understand that "keep your hands up" is the shittiest defence coaching possible in boxing much less with small mma gloves. I mean, in boxing people sneak hooks and straights through the guard, imagine having 4oz gloves on. Being out of range, parrying, rolling with shots then blocking as a last resort. Using your forehead as a last, last resort. In a sport where blocking is almost completely useless and head movement gets you caught with kicks and knees much easier "keep your hands up" is shit advice when it wont do anything.
>>
I like MMA and Boxing, and think that the Heavyweight division in boxing is due for a comeback. I really would love to see the winner of Tyson Fury vs Klitschko face Wilder.

Would absolutely love to see GGG vs Canelo. I think boxing has some good fights coming up in the next few years, it's just all about whether the promotions let the top fighters actually fight each other instead of ducking to remain undeafeted.
>>
>>67373799
I think you're missing what I said. 3 years at a professional level (world class) and 1.5 on average at a major promotion. Keep in mind that this is an average. We're not talking about the stars who manage to last 5-10 years because they keep winning in such a spectacular fashion that their bodies don't take the same amount of punishment as their opponents.
>>
>>67374735
Likely won't happen due to politics. In fact, you can blame Al Haymon for that one. He likes to pad Wilder's record by placing him in the ring with sub-par competition. I think Wilder is capable, but he'll remain untested until Haymon gets over his beef with other promoters like Top Rank and Eddie Hearn over in the UK.

Golovkin is a beast with an insane work ethic. If Canelo stops acting like a diva, I'm sure that fight can happen. What's interesting is that Golovkin has talked about doing MMA in the future if he continues to dominate boxing's middleweight division and grows bored since he's done some Jujitsu and kickboxing and really enjoys it. If he demolishes people with those gloves on, I can only imagine how insane he'd be without them.
>>
>>67372954
Why not add more padding to the gloves? Better yet, make the gloves pillows.

Faggot.
>>
>>67371329
>>67371458
nice fights, but none as brutal as this all time great - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTKioYMkm9c
>>
>>67372474
>>67372497
these looked terrible, I actually started laughing.

>>67372516
This one wasn't too bad. Though am I the only one who think an elbow digging into your forearm when throwing an uppercut looks more painful than anything?

>>67372565
Khan tier chin
>>
>>67369242
I for real thought Manny died that fight.
>>
>>67375552
Diaz can hold his own against the best in MMA, and I wouldn't doubt he could hold his own against the best in boxing too. It doesn't matter whether or not it "looked terrible," just that it's effective, which it is.
>>
>>67375552
>Khan tier chin
It's different when you're wearing 4oz gloves
>>
>>67376224
typical MMAbaby logic. There was a time when Boxers used 4oz. gloves too and I can safely say that his chin is pure glass.

Crowd better hope that it's safety glass too.
>>
MMA fighters in general have shit tier striking and weak chins, this isn't news. It was hilarious hearing Rogan talking about how Nate Diaz is one of the best strikers on par with boxers
LMFAO
>>
>>67375340
>pillows

You are uniformed about boxing and the human body.

Boxers wrap their hands, then tape them then put the gloves on. Its not to protect their head; you severely underestimate the devastating power of a boxers punch. It is a McMeme punch. Its a punch that will dent a car and break every bone in the hand. The gloves are to protect the hands, allowing you to continuously pound at a mans thick skull without breaking your hand and ending the fight.

I'm 99% sure you have never clocked with a boxing glove. I would much rather catch a bare knuckle than a glove.

>tl;Dr you're a faggot learn you shit.
>>
>>67375318
Dude you didn't hear??

AJ just signed with show time. Wilder Joshua's is almost a sure thing in the near future.
Also, Adrian Granados, a showtime fighter , might be on an HBO undercard pretty soon.

I think HBO is more of the problem. Haymon has done his fair share of misdeeds though. I hope that PBC doesn't end
>>
>>67375705
>you will never hear the collective gasp and shriek of every Filipino on earth.
>>
>>67369242
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/04/with-enough-time-to-learn-grappling-roy-jones-jr-would-have-tried-mma-in-his-youth
>>
>>67369242
Maybe a few years back. MMA will always be pro-wrestling's autistic brother
>>
>people think leather stuffed with horsehair is soft
>>
File: heem44.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
heem44.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
post boxing and mma knockouts
>>
>>67378748
Why do you rarely ever see anyone getting KO'd in boxing then? And why does it take so many punches to the face to knock them out?
>>
>>67379391
You serious? Is this bait?

Watch boxing. Theres literally knock outs every fucking weekend. And the same way some MMA fighters don't fight for the KO some boxers don't either. And more importantly, boxers have CHINS.
>>
>>67379170
They haven't gotten hit by it.
>>
>>67379391
https://youtu.be/7xR6zKR0bTQ
>>
>>67379391
>Why do you rarely ever see anyone getting KO'd in boxing then?

Why do retards like you attempt to discuss the sport? I'm guessing you shitpost in /tv/ or something about movies you haven't watched
>>
GGG vs. Danny Jacobs when
>>
>>67369509
its actually proven bare knuckle boxing is much safer than with gloves. The extra mass and protection of the glove causes more head trauma and fighters can throw way harder punches. Without gloves they need to throw more conservative punches and avoid breaking their hands.
>>
Watching elite kickboxers is better than either.

>tfw kickboxing isn't a bigger sport
>>
>>67380506
danny jacobs is trash

why would he ever fight gennady
>>
>>67385966
That chin will split wide open.
>>
>>67380710
no fucking way rofl
>>
>>67380506

does he really want to get KOd by a slickRussain again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyzX6WhJ-f4

>those feints
>>
>>67390867
Pirog vs Golovkin would have been great.

Those feints were sick.
>>
>>67380710
nah most kickboxers are scum bags arabs
>>
>>67369242
>MMA will always be boxing's retarded cousin
That's pretty ironic considering how many retired boxers with completely fried brains there are
>>
>>67392135

Vitali Klitchsko Retired boxer, PHD - Mayor of Kiev
Manny Pacquiao - Retired Boxer, most likely going to be a senator in the Philippines
Alexis Arguello- Retired Boxer- mayor of Managua
Floyd Mayweather- Retired boxer- business mogul
George Foreman- Retired Boxer- business mogul

War Machine- Retired MMA fighter - failed male porn star and domestic spouse abuser.

boxers confirmed based.
>>
>>67379506
>boxers have CHINS
because they have pillows wrapped around their hands
>>
>>67369242
>MMA will always be boxing's retarded cousin.
Might as well say "basketball will always be soccer's retarded cousin." Here's your (You).
>>
>>67392218
>how to automatically spot someone who has never boxed or fought before in their entire life: the post.
You're retarded.
>>
>>67392409
No you got it all wrong, soccer is basketballs poor cousin.
>>
>>67392180

>that cherry picking

my sides. None of those guys can pick up a mic and talk intelligently like a Dom Cruz or a Sonnen.
>>
>>67392180
Alexis Arguello is criminally underrated. As is his first fight with Aaron Pryor. My dad was in the Orange bowl watching it. Fucking epic.
>>
>>67392459
Gtfo
>>
>>67392444
I've been punched in the face with a glove and without a glove, and getting punched without a glove is much worse.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-06-17-25-28.png (200 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-06-17-25-28.png
200 KB, 540x960
>>67392459
>mortgage fraud

Niggas dumb. Bill Cosby could also talk intelligently too.
>>
>>67376584
You dont know what striking is
>>
>>67392512
>how to automatically spot someone who has never boxed or fought before in their entire life: the sequel.
>>
>>67392530
shut up nerd. go back to watching your glorified pillow fighting.
>>
>>67392513

>Implying him involved in crime somehow doesn't mean he's more intelligent.

You're so fucking stupid it hurts. Here's your (You).
>>
>>67392135
how would that be a counter argument? if it was true (and probably is) it means that in fact boxing requires more endurance, conditioning, chin and is a more violent sport. All facts that are usually true tbqh
>>67392180
kek
>>67392218
why do people still believe that lmao. it's al4ready been confirmed many times that boxing gloves do not offer more protection than mma gloves, also mma fighters have shitty punches anyway most of the time
>>
>>67392542
>I still have never been in a fight: the post
>>
>>67376584
shit tier boxing skills you mean.
>>
>>67392571
>I still enjoy watching men hit each other with pillows strapped to their fists
>>
>>67392552
>this guy speaks eloquently so he must be smarter than me
>>
>>67392593
>I still don't know what I am talking about: the post.

Leather is known for being tough. If you think a leather glove is a pillow fist, you are underaged or retarded.
>>
>>67392617

>anon has no arguments so he repeats himself
>>
>>67369242
>Boxing fans are perpetually insecure about their own sport

Yeah, not about to watch a "sport" that caters to faggots like that
>>
>>67392640
Leather is not as tough as an unpadded human fist.
>>
>>67392647
You have a weak mind and are easy to manipulate if speaking intelligently is the definition of intelligence to you. The guys clearly a retard along with 90% of the UFC.
>>
>>67392678
Every time you speak you expose how little you know.
>>
UFC is so 2015
>>
>>67392678
>pillow fist

Yea okay.
>>
>>67392713
I think the same, but you instead of me.
>>
>>67392759
>I think

Yea but I know.
>>
>>67392787
You don't know shit.
>>
>>67392695

Okay anon. Believe whatever you want to believe.
>>
File: rory-macdonald-ufc189.png (280 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
rory-macdonald-ufc189.png
280 KB, 418x359
>>67392729
>>
Why don't people ever talk about k1 or full contact martial arts.

I watch mma and guys just completely drop their guad and don't know how to check kicks or use their knees to check tackles.
>>
i cant

mma is fucking trash and only survives due to hyped up meme fighters
>>
File: 74.png (162 KB, 388x288) Image search: [Google]
74.png
162 KB, 388x288
>>67369242
>gets media attention 2 times a year
Boxing is literally Crossfit tier since Mayweather retired. Nobody ever talks about it.

>mfw some bum from ireland with a funny accent became a bigger star in 2 years than all of boxing's "talent" combined
>>
>>67392832
Nigga what the fuck is this pussy shit?
>>
>>67392875
just another case of domestic abuse. don't stress.
>>
>>67392868
>I only know memes
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>67392729
Wow the poor dude's face is swelling. BTFO
>>
>>67392868
ah yes, another artificially created hype job that got horribly exposed just like the "female mike tyson" ronda rousey, then pretended to retire just to bring more much needed attention to your pathetic "sport".
>>
>>67392868
>litterally 1m $ highest payday ever
> canelo-khan making more money only this weekend
>"bigger" star
>>
File: morales-eye-2.jpg (53 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
morales-eye-2.jpg
53 KB, 600x399
>>67392888
>superficial injuries

Kek dude you're embarrassing yourself just stop.
>>
File: robbievrorrystaredown.webm (2 MB, 720x406) Image search: [Google]
robbievrorrystaredown.webm
2 MB, 720x406
I didn't even know people that think boxing is more exciting than mma still existed.
>>
File: 1439832699620s.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1439832699620s.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>pillowhug
>>
>>67369242
Boxing is just a part of MMA.

It's like saying steering wheels are better than cars. Or that putting is better than golf.

Absolutely retarded and redundant statement. Consider suicide for being such a fucking idiot.
>>
>>67392926
Amir Khan is walking out with 12mil BEFORE ppv splits
>>
>>67392926
McGoober is guaranteed to make 10 mil for his next fight

>>67392915
>Look at me I don't know how the entertainment industry works
>>
File: nateVwoodley.webm (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
nateVwoodley.webm
1 MB, 600x338
>>
>>67392955
13 million
>>
File: dj cejudo.webm (3 MB, 1156x650) Image search: [Google]
dj cejudo.webm
3 MB, 1156x650
MMA is infinitely more exciting and requires so much more skill. Everything that boxing utilizes is utilized in MMA, but then MMA has literally a million more variables that fighters need to take into account and train for.

tl;dr pillowhug is a ded shit sport
>>
>>67392954
Boxing
Kick boxing
Muay Thai
Wrestling
BJJ

All much tougher than MMA. Just because you threw a bunch a shit together doesn't make it better or tougher.
>>
>>67392950
this fight was average as fuck don't understand the hype at all desu
>>
>>67392964
The number 1 MMA star is making what fucking B side to this weeks event is making.

Thank you for further proving the point.

>>67392986
Retard logic.
>>
>>67392992
>these things are all tougher, but all put together they become pussy shit

just stop, this is becoming embarrassing
>>
>>67392964
>MMA
>entertaining

don't be mad your sport's talent pool is so shallow and the sport so unpopular that you're literally left watching the same 3-4 bums fight each other over and over and the only way you can get mainstream attention is via talentless meme fighters.
>>
>>67393009
>Retard logic.
great argument. i'll take it you concede the point then?
>>
File: OrangeSnappyFennecfox.webm (617 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
OrangeSnappyFennecfox.webm
617 KB, 512x288
>>
>>67392964
and yet canelo khan still making more money
>>
>>67392986
Boxing is more exciting it has has the most exciting boxers it has had for years Joshua,GGG,Canelo and all UFC has Rowdy and McGregor and Lawler and Lawler is only exciting as he trades and does not spend most of the fight bumming like most of the UFC do. Only WWE fans watch UFC it's dead in UK and most of Europe now only Ireland like it.
>>
>>67393038
TIMBER!
>>
File: mull.jpg (49 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
mull.jpg
49 KB, 620x413
>>67393018
>this britburka
>>
>>67393041
And Tiger Woods has a higher net worth than Mayweather. Dosen't mean im gonna watch some boring ass golf over MMA.
>>
>>67393017
No it becomes watered down and soft.

MMA sounds great on paper. In practice? Dog shit that reverts to homo crawl.
>>
>>67393051
shut the fuck up you shitposting cunt, go back to heem
>>
>>67369242
Boxing Is only 1/3 of an actual fight. I cant take it as serious as MMA. All that hand speed and power mean jack shit if you get taken down and don't know how to grapple. Plus, too many weight classes and orgs. Look at Manny vs Floyd and how long it took them to finally fight. That shit wouldn't go down in MMA.
>>
>>67393095
depends on the fighter
>>
>>67393051
>it's dead in UK
I wonder why. It might have something to do with your most successful fighter being Michael fucking Bisping.
>>
>>67393095
>MMA sounds great on paper. In practice? Dog shit that reverts to homo crawl.
you are a true word smith my friend. very well said
>>
File: 1776.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1776.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>67393080
Can't blame brits for not liking MMA.
>>
>>67393115
should we know who that is?
>>
>>67393097
>actual fight
Nigga were on a sports bread

>>>/k/
>>
>>67393133
see
>>67393125
>>
>>67393162
never heard of him. probably because MMA is irrelevant outside of american rednecks and the bandwagoners who follow the latest meme fighter.
>>
>>67392992
If that were true, then how come fighters don't just stick to one discipline and then just win every fight, every belt and become a legend? Seems pretty straightforward.

Oh wait, they can't because they'd get BTFO by someone who can actually fight.
>>
File: Homoerotic_MMA_2.jpg (33 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
Homoerotic_MMA_2.jpg
33 KB, 550x367
>it's like real fighting guys
>>
File: laugh14.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
laugh14.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>67393125
>filename
>>
>>67393180
MMA is a religion in Brazil.
>>
File: awkward03.jpg (28 KB, 446x410) Image search: [Google]
awkward03.jpg
28 KB, 446x410
>guys this is just like real fighting.
>>
>>67393180
USA, Brazil, Netherlands, Japan, Canada....

Honestly, you guys are even worse at soccer than you are MMA so why do you still follow it?
>>
File: 4033.jpg (42 KB, 620x417) Image search: [Google]
4033.jpg
42 KB, 620x417
>>67393190
Your >10 year ex heavyweight champion clinched more than most mma fighters. Does this seem like a real fight?
>>
>>67393196
Boxing is huge in
Mexico
China
Russia
UK
USA
Puerto Rico
Cuba
Literally every country except Brazil.
>>
File: tapoutSELFIE.png (247 KB, 466x353) Image search: [Google]
tapoutSELFIE.png
247 KB, 466x353
>Average MMA fan
>>
>>67393216
Real fights are like that though. You're going to get someone's crotch in your face.

Real fights aren't Hollywood movies m8. They're brutal. Messy. Uncoordinated. Unscripted and awkward.
>>
File: HGBMMA.jpg (117 KB, 532x800) Image search: [Google]
HGBMMA.jpg
117 KB, 532x800
>REAL FIGHTING YES YES YES OMG MY EYES CANT HANDLE IT.
>>
>>67393089
you just went full retard mate. what the fuck does golf have in common with mma & boxing. also he was talking about mcmemegregor being a bigger star (that is also making more money) than boxing talents which i demonstrated to be false since a fight that wasnt even supposed to happen between two non-top tier fighters is splitting 15-20 times the money your star has ever made

also
>speaks about exicting sport/fight
>>67393190
>>67393216
> so much this
>>
>>67393190
>>67393216
https://youtu.be/MWQs8nMsZNg

>2 professional boxers
>fight goes to the ground after 2 seconds

case closed
>>
>>67393252
No douche bag. A school yard fight in your prep school isn't a real fight.

>>67393219
Boxing is more popular in all those country than MMA. MMA is meme tier
>>67393240
Nigga were on a sports board. Boxing is a sport. Its you MMAutist that continue to say that MMA is real fighting when its not its a fucking sport douche bag.
>>
>>67393216
kek
>>
>>67393288
>prep school
No idea what this is.
>>
>>67393285
chisora is a dirty cunt that's why
>>
File: MMA.jpg (73 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
MMA.jpg
73 KB, 600x400
>>67393285
>guys this is so hardcore.
>>
>>67393288
Boxing is worse than soccer, and that's saying something.
>>
>MMA threads on /sp/ literally constantly
>Boxing gets discussed 3 times a year or when the sperglords throw a hissy fit
>>
>>67393324
>I never watched a boxing match in my entire life: the post.
>>
File: Arthur-Abraham-Miranda5.jpg (161 KB, 400x474) Image search: [Google]
Arthur-Abraham-Miranda5.jpg
161 KB, 400x474
>tfw this man went full 8 rounds with broken jaw and yet he won
> mma fights last 10 minutes less than that
>>
MMgay will be dead in 20 years when they run out of meme fighters to feed the media.
>>
>>67393041
People who like boxing don't know how to use the internet.
>>
>>67393333
I watched Canelo vs. Mayweather and it was one of the most boring things I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>67393332
>/sp/
>any sort of measurement for taste or real world success

Stop it. You're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>67378748
MMA punches are just as hard if not harder than boxer's punches you massive, massive retard.

The padding in boxing is because boxing is for pussies who are concerned about muh safety despite not realising that they cause more long-term damage than no-gloves.

MMA gloves are all it takes to protect your hands, and in fact, strapping would be enough providing you do it right.

You have absolutely no clue about the science behind punching. Stop posting.
>>
>>67393358
These are the same fags who thought wrestling was real into their late teens. Don't expect too much.
>>
>>67393356
Well no shit, every Mayweather fight is going to be like that. Especially against a 22 year old overweight Oscar Dr LA Hoya hype job cash cow.

Go watch Miura vs Vargas, Earl Vs Katsidis, Corrales vs. Castillo little bo.
>>
File: 1462316116198.jpg (15 KB, 271x285) Image search: [Google]
1462316116198.jpg
15 KB, 271x285
>>67393267
Amir Khan instagram : 793k followers
Twitter:1.7 mil
FB:Mil

Conor Instagram:4.8 mil
twitter: 1.7 mil
FB:3.5 mil

Conor last fight: 1.5 Milion PPV BUYS
Khan last fight:averages 811,000 viewers on FREE TV.
>>
>>67393333
Boxing might be fun to watch if the gloves were smaller and you weren't allowed to clinch constantly.
>>
>>67393356
because you clearly cant understand the art of boxing at its finest
>>
>>67393344
>Hitting him when he was down

Fucking apes, man
>>
>>67393344
Basically. And that would be Mike Tyson vs Ronda Rousey too.

It's just a matter of time before boxing becomes extinct. Can't wait personally.
>>
>>67393373
Khan FB:4 mil.*
>>
>>67393332
>/sp/

wew lad
>>
>Fat fuck fedora boxingfags still reeking of insecurity and their unwashed fat rolls

Hilarious
>>
>>67393382
You keep going until it's over, noob. There's a chance he could have recovered and hit him with an up-kick. You keep going until the referee calls it.
>>
>>67393358
>claim boxing is hugely popular
>literally nobody is talking about it since the events are so isolated
>once there finally is one the sperglords come out of the woodwork and tell everyone that boxing is more popular

90% of the people watching these ppvs couldn't name you a single fighter from the rest of the card
>>
Why do MMA fans only seem to exist on the internet?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.