[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When he agreed to take over Bayern Munich in January 2013 they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7
File: pep-guardiola.jpg (37 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
pep-guardiola.jpg
37 KB, 624x351
When he agreed to take over Bayern Munich in January 2013 they hadn't won the Bundesliga, or DFB-Pokal since 09/10 and hadn't won the CL since 2001. It made perfect sense for Rummenigge and co. to seek a manager who had proven himself a winner in four years at Barcelona to replace Heynckes, a man who at that point in history, had only won one CL, two Bundesliga titles in his 33-year managerial career.

Were the expectations, which Guardiola could never have foreseen, just too much? Very few teams actually manage to retain the CL, let alone win a treble so shortly after doing it once. Now he is deemed a failure for failing to win the CL, yet would undoubtedly be hailed a success had BVB pipped Bayern and Heynckes' final season not had been as rewarding.
>>
he was pretty good. I've been posting >exposed it's mostly a meme and because I think bayern's playstyle is awful and once the squad is too tailored for his style which is why bayern might be in trouble next season.
>>
>>67338788

please, they'll walk to another bundesliga title
>>
He was a success, not an overwhelming one but a success nevertheless. The only time he really fucked up was the Real semi, he had no chance with 40% of his team ded vs MSN in their final form and Muller choking a pen + a ref allowing a dodgy away goal isn't something you can blame on the coach.

/sp/ will never admit it though because 90% of posters are still assblasted from his success at Barcelona
>>
>>67338788

Oh no will they only finish 2nd and reach the quarters of the cl
I'd say the bundesliga is worse entertainment than the SPL
>>
>>67338802
Under Ancelotti? Maybe, but I think BVB, assuming they keep hold of most of their stars, will pip Bayern next season.
>>
City is where he will be >exposed for real.
>>
>>67338815
They might be losing both Gündogan and Hummels though. Luckily Kagawa seems to be going back to his GOAT-form though
>>
>>67338828
What happened to Subotic? Injured?
>>
>>67338838
He tore his ACL some time ago and never regained top form
>>
>>67338838
Worse than Ginter and Sokratis. If Ginter GOATs it up he can replace Hummels well
>>
Shame. I'd liked Subotic.
>>
>>67338820
Why do you think this?
>>
>>67338765
Pep is a great coach and was very good at Bayern. The only severe defeat he suffered was the thrashing Real gave him at home in the CL semis. He walked the league three times in a row. His 3-0 defeat in Barcelona was largely due to his best players being injured.

This year his squad simply failed to deliver against Atletico, with players like Lewandowski and Müller underperforming and Costa not performing at all, possibly because he's not as good as the first half of the season suggested. Plus his best player of recent years was injured again, though you could argue it's Bayern's fault for relying on an extremely injury prone player like that.

He was also refballed out of a cup final against Dortmund. In turn, he had to deal with much higher expectations due to Heynckes' CL victory which funnily was also due to Dortmund getting refballed.

>>67338838
>>67338868
What >>67338844 said. It's sad, because he was way better than Sokratis is now.
>>
>>67339019

Premier league has at least seven teams that play like Atletico. Bundesliga is way more naive in the way they play, or I guess you could call it noble. Lots of teams who are pretty shit and would do better if they organised and played defensively instead try to out pass and out play vastly superior teams like Bayern who always beat them.

Dortmund did so well because they bucked that trend and played fast counter attacking football.

I think the combination of the more brutal schedule, more cup games, no winter break and usually no easy games (this season Villa was an exception) will make it far more difficult for him to dominate domestically like he does in Germany.
>>
>>67339149
>Premier league has at least seven teams that play like Atletico
Why aren't those teams reaching the CL final then?
>>
>>67339149
>Premier league has at least seven teams that play like Atletico

Hehe, they fell for it, Charles.
>>
Probably going to root for City next year in spite of all the >exposed fags.
>muh epl is so competitive
>muh epl is best
>Europa league is much better anyway

Poop is going to win it by a landslide unless Mou does something for United.
>>
>>67339305
More shitchatting from JFs.

'Root' for someone in your own league.
>>
>>67339382
Never rooted for anyone in the EPL senpai. I went to a Wolverhampton-Blackburn game in the Championship back in 2011, but that was it. I'm rooting for City just to see /sp/ get assblasted.
>>
>>67339149
Eh. Plenty of teams parked the bus against Bayern this season.

This isn't to say that the PL isn't stronger - it absolutely is. But Bayern's hardly unused to defensive playstyles.

Simeone is simply a brilliant coach.
>>
>>67339305
>Poop is going to win it by a landslide

Agreed. Hell, Manchester City would have won it by a landslide this season if they didn't have so many injuries.
>>
>>67339149
>Premier league has at least seven teams that play like Atletico. Bundesliga is way more naive in the way they play, or I guess you could call it noble.

in every country you have a lot of teams that like to grind out defensive, tough, tactical wins against the biggest teams in the leagues. the german teams are generally very well drilled and while a lot of the squads in germany from midtable down don't have better players than their counterparts in england, all of the german teams that i've seen play play every part of the game correctly. i think the average german teams are some of the best at counter attacking football right now, even better than most of the teams in la liga and the epl.

plus peps barcelona had to go up against "atletico-style" defenses all of the time and they generally did well. when you have a big team like a chelsea, or an inter, or an atletico do it against you its a lot harder than when a bilbao or when a schalke does it.

hes going to have probably the best squad in england at his disposal next year. all he needs to do is bring city some consistency and they can walk to the league title and so far hes proven his teams are usually very, very consistent.

i don't think he should be afraid of big sam or tony pulis at all. it would be hilarious from the meme side of things but i don't think those types of teams will give him too much trouble.
>>
>>67339580

I'm looking forward to watching to watching poop's reputation go down the shitter when he gets beat by average english managers who jfs think are 'shit'
>>
>>67339446
Average BL teams have literally no idea how to defend properly. Only exception might be Hertha.
>>
>>67338765
I feel kind of sorry for him desu

Pep:
>wins CL before in his career
>doesn't win it again over the next 3 years and is considered a failure

Certain other manager who will not be named:
>wins PL 3 times
>doesn't win it again over the next 12 years and "fans" still worship him
>>
>>67339670

If that was true then every game would have like 15+ goals in it, also that's pretty rich coming from one of the worst leagues in western europe
>>
File: 1340964337588.jpg (20 KB, 223x268) Image search: [Google]
1340964337588.jpg
20 KB, 223x268
>>67339718

>"fans" still worship him

you sure about that lad
>>
>>67338765
>It's a "x isn't going to do well in the EPL because (insert comment about tempo, physicality or weather here) thread
Nothing special about the English league, when are anglos going to realize this
>>
>>67339769
the retards who were singing his name instead of protesting
>>
>>67339814
Shut up Zlatan you coward.
>>
>>67339829
le ad hominem
>>
>>67339814

>Nothing special about the English league

Apart from the vast and unimaginable riches it possesses?
>>
>>67339759
There isn't 15+ goals a game because they're still pro footballers who did this shit their whole life. However, compared to the average top league defense they're a few notches below.

Their idea of defense is to stockpile everything in front of the goal and pray, you can tell they're not used to it when they try to pull if off. There's a reason they come undone most of the time when facing non-top teams from Spain/Italy/England even if their squad is just as good (or bad) as their opponents.

>that's pretty rich coming from one of the worst leagues in western europe
Do you think I'm the embodiment of the french top-level football league?
>>
>>67339895
>Do you think I'm the embodiment of the french top-level football league?

Yes I do

>Their idea of defense is to stockpile everything in front of the goal and pray

pls m8 this post is so full of ignorance it's untrue, don't make me hate you Pierre because I want to love you
>>
>>67339149
shut up dirty korean piggu
war crime lying son of dirty korean monkey whores
go eat dog
>>
>>67340358
wew
>>
>>67339233

One of them just won the league.
>>
>>67340484
Leicester play nothing like Atletico Madrid, you slit-eyed twat
>>
Winning the league is not an accomplishment for such a team, it was when henyckes was in charge and dortmund on par with them. Getting beat 3 times in a row in the cl semis by the hands of the first real competition is embarassing. Bear in mind they should not have been in this year's semis if it wasnt for the ref fucking over juventus. If he loses the cup final to dortmund, he will rightfully be called a failure. All he did was make bayern bully small bundesliga teams even more than they used to and suffocate them with cancerous possession football.
>>
>>67340484
>One
Alright, that still leaves us with 6 unidentified teams that play like Atletico
>>
>>67340846
>it was when henyckes was in charge and dortmund on par with them.
This Dortmund is better than the back to back champions team and will get more points than those teams.

And every team that finished runners up to Pep's Bayern got more points than 12/13 Dortmund
>>
>getting beat by eventual champions
>embarrassing

Deary me.
>>
>>67340862
I think it just shows how bad the state of the league, the top two havent been this far ahead of third place maybe never before
>>
>>67340866
This hindsight stat is fucking ridiculous. Its pathetic how Poop fags even try to defend his 2012 Chelsea failure by bringing up that shit.

The 2013 Madrid team that raped them 4-0 at the Allianz were only seconds away from losing the CL to Atletico.
>>
File: about poop.jpg (48 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
about poop.jpg
48 KB, 600x490
>>
>>67340985
Wow, a quote with multiple spelling errors next to a picture, I wonder whether there's any chance it might be fake. Google also shows nothing after searching for this quote. Hmmm.......
>>
>>67340936
And yet they still fucking won it, Ahmed.
>>
>>67340985
Is there and actual reliable source for this quote.
>>
>>67338765
Good point m9.

It's funny how manager legacy is dependant on such "small" moments. If Dante received his well-deserved second yellow in the 2013 final or if Muller converted his penalty last night, the legacy of Guardiola in Bayern would appear in whole different light.
>>
>>67341045
M8, it clearly has Simeone's face next to it. How much more proof do you need?
>>
File: 1426531067546.jpg (24 KB, 320x306) Image search: [Google]
1426531067546.jpg
24 KB, 320x306
>>67341067
>>
>>67340358

>it's a "first time on 4chan and trying to be as edgy as possible" episode
>>
>>67339305
>Mou

What is he up to? Is he waiting to see if United will secure CL before signing a contract with them?
>>
>>67341112
yes
>>
>>67341045
Kek, where do you think you are?
>>
>>67338806
This entire post
>>
I'll tell you what, if Pep manages to make this City team half as good as his Bayern and Barça sides were we should stop picking him. That will overshadow any treble.
>>
>>67341154
Elysium.
>>
>>67341112
he'll take them no matter what, united are waiting to see if LvG can win something
>>
Before Pep
>3 champions league finals in 4 years
>beating Real Madrid and Barcelona along the way
>doing so with a strong german core

After Pep
>no champions league final in 3 years
>constantly losing to spanish sides
>german core replaced by midget spics

wow such legacy
>>
File: 1360824889583.jpg (28 KB, 801x534) Image search: [Google]
1360824889583.jpg
28 KB, 801x534
>>67341067
>>
>>67341666
Before Pep
>2 Bundesliga titles in 5 years

After Pep
>3 Bundesliga titles in 3 years
>>
>>67341666
Satan clearly trying to make the case worse than it really is. I'm not falling for your schemes.
>>
>>67341729
nobody cares about domestic domination
they didn't hire pep for a bunch of league titles
>>
>>67341818

>nobody cares about domestic domination
Really? It must fucking suck having such a shit league
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-42-17.png (237 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-01-22-42-17.png
237 KB, 720x1280
>>67341059
You're in a board that still has people spew the "treble winning Bayern was the greatest attacking force in history" meme which just proves they didn't watch that CL at all
>>
>>67338765
>When he agreed to take over Bayern Munich in January 2013 they hadn't won the Bundesliga, or DFB-Pokal since 09/10 and hadn't won the CL since 2001
that's because they had such utter failures like Klinsmann and van Gaal as coaches who literally destroyed the team. It took Heynckes a while to pick them up again, and Pep destroyed it all over again. 3x evicted in the semi-finals (all against Spanish teams who have long figured out the shitty tiki-taka he preaches) and the longest and most extensive list of injured players since forever. Combine this with his inability to adapt his tactics when facing an opponent who has his tactics figured out (Atletico, Barca, Real), and you have a fucking awful coach with a deservedly bad legacy. I feel sorry for the players for the past 3 years, but I don't feel sorry at all for Pep
>>
File: 1318422615633.jpg (10 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1318422615633.jpg
10 KB, 300x250
>>67341067
>>
>>67340985
Whoever wrote this is an idiot. Not because it's blatantly fake, but because he's the type of idiot that thinks being a good student is somehow a bad thing. I used to be a lazy shit and borderline bully in school and it's gotten me nowhere. Now I'm 4 years older than anyone else in class, look how cool I am.
>>
>>67342394
It's 4chan, full of edgy teenage idiots who idolize that sort of thing and people like mourinho
You can't possibly be surprised
>>
>>67341952
>utter failures than lvg
he won the league and cup and got them to the CL final
thats more than Pep acheieved in his 3 seasons and Europe was wayyyy more competitive in 2010 than it is now with the big 3/4 and the Bundesliga wasn't the complete farce it is now either

pep has done literally the bare minimum that is acceptable - win the league in the country with 1.5 good teams
>>
>>67338802
I call Bundesliga runners-up, CL title.
>>
>>67342657
>1 league title and 1 cup in 2 years
>better than 3 league titles and 1-2 cups in 3 years
>>
>>67338765
>Were the expectations, which Guardiola could never have foreseen, just too much?
It were expectations of people who don't understand nothing about football (like most of esspee for example). The Bayern management was very happy with his performance and would love to keep him longer
>>
>>67342657
>and the Bundesliga wasn't the complete farce it is now either
It is constantly the second best league in the world in the last years (with EPL a close third). Just check the coefficient
>>
>>67341818
This is just a shitty excuse by those desperate to belittle his achievements
>>
>>67341952
Dumbest shit I have ever read on here, are you a Yank on an air base, by any chance?
>>
>>67341818

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3095093/Bayern-Munich-parade-25th-Bundesliga-trophy-joined-thousands-fans-gathered-join-title-celebrations.html
>Thousands of Bayern Munich fans gathered on Sunday to continue the title celebrations after the German giants got their hands on their 25th Bundesliga trophy.
It looks like Bayern fans care while the people who don't care are online Guardiola haters.
>>
>>67343701
Domestic domination is good, but for being great you must conquer europe.
>>
>>67343776
Like Di Matteo?
>>
>>67340985
>Bollocks

That's a dead giveaway that some inbred Brit made this
>>
>>67343808
Like the great Luis Enrique
>>
>>67341059
>if Morata goal was not disallowed
>if Kimmich got redcarded

Buyern should have been out sooner, they were refballed into the semifinals
no amount of rimjobs should have memed Poop to win this year
>>
pep is a useless meme coach
>>
>>67339621
Those english managers are shit though becausw they are tactically inept compared to their Spanish/German/Italian counterparts.
>>
>>67344350
it was a bait, there are next to none English managers in the eagle and no English manager has ever won it
>>
>>67341015
don't be a grass
>>
>>67339621
>I'm looking forward to watching to watching poop's reputation go down the shitter when he gets beat by average english managers
opinion of the same """"experts"""" who saw Nigel Pearson back at Leicester by christmas
>>
>>67339621
>average english managers
There are like 2 English managers in the EPL and one of them might get relegated m8

>American/Arabian owners paying Italian/Dutch/Welsh managers to coach Spanish/German/Belgian players
>the city of ""English"" Premier League
>>
>>67345215
>welsh managers

no, there are more english managers than welsh managers
>>
>>67344761
I don't think you know what that is.
>>
>>67344199
Zlatan pls
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.