[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surely I'm not the only neutral fan who would rather Spurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7
File: Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg (15 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg
15 KB, 620x465
Surely I'm not the only neutral fan who would rather Spurs won the league?

>Pochettino is a likable guy
>Lots of great young talent
>Most likeable London club, way more so than Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, QPR, Millwall and Palace
>A club with great history and support
>Play football the right way
>The "ickle Leicester" wankfest will be unbearable if/when they win it, especially as most of the people didn't give two shits about them last season and only want them to win just because they're a small club which is kinda patronising

I don't know why I'm saying this as a Leeds fan since both our fans and theirs seem to dislike each other a lot for some reason but whatever.
>>
>>66732787
No now fuck off faggot. Lifelongs will never accept your kike club
>>
OP here.

Also there is a strong Jewish link with their club so it will piss off the /pol/weenies on /sp/
>>
>>66732888
>>66732890
Point proven.

Which makes me wonder. If le Jews really did do it, why have Spurs underperformed so much for so long? Surely they could use their international zionist powers to make them win or something?
>>
>supporting a jewish club

Fuck off land stealer
>>
This season belongs to Leicester. I don't mind Spurs winning next season.
>>
>>66732981
You fuck off, history stealer.
>>
>>66732787
Spurs easily play the best football in the league too
>>
>>66732924

The Jews control everything, man. That's why they keep getting persecuted, exiled, and murdered, it's because of how firmly in control they have always been of the situation, from Babylon to Germany.
>>
>>66732787

I think you are desu. Leicester undeniably has the better story, even if they are boring as fuck to watch. Most neutrals probably wouldn't mind Spurs winning next season, though.
>>
>>66732787
>Finish over Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United
>Still don't win the league
How the fuck do they do it?
>>
>>66732787
>Jew club
>likeable

This bait is poor
>>
>>66732787
>Ranieri is a likable guy
>Most likeable Midlands club, way more so than Derby, Forest, etc
>A club with great history and support
>Play football the right way
>The "ickle Tottenham" wankfest will be unbearable if/when they win it, especially as most of the people didn't give two shits about them last season and only want them to win just because they're a small club which is kinda patronising
>>
>>66744168
There is no ickle tottenham wankfest though, because a massive percentage of fans (especially online) support Arsenal.
>>
File: 1459211591157.png (346 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
1459211591157.png
346 KB, 600x664
>>66732787
>>Most likeable London club, way more so than Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, QPR, Millwall and Palace
I rate West Ham over Tottenham desu. If it makes you feel any better, I wouldn't want any other team getting second that Spurs.
>>
>>66732787
There would still be a wankfest if spurs ever do win it though, and if it were chelsea/mancity in first atm there would be a wankfest over spurs regardless

Pochettino only seems likeable because he literally says zero controversial things. His press conferences are a chore for everyone involved, which may or may not be a good thing

They also have a tax evading black wednesday cheating billionaire as an owner who doesn't even go to games
>>
>>66744251
Any decent football fan should hate west ham
>that whole tevez+mascherano debacle without any punishment
>being gifted a soulless stadium by the taxpayer
>salty entitled cunt fans (muh west ham way, muh 1966 world cup belongs to us)
>spent past few years trying to upset the top 6 stranglehold in europe, get gifted a europa spot through fair play and threw it away before even reaching the group stages for a better chance of qualifying for europa again, fucking up the coefficient
Just because they play nice football this season and bilic is a cool guy doesn't mean that they aren't a stain on English football in the modern era
>>
I agree, id rather spurs win the league. Leicester will get BTFO in the champions and premier league next year anyway
>>
Leicester's story is so much more inspiring though, it's good for the sake of humanity.
>>
>>66744267
But at least he's a British tax evading billionaire. Other Premier League clubs just have American, Arab, or Thai tax evading billionaires. And at least Levy is at every game, he owns 30% of the club IIRC.
>>
No, not at all. Their fans have been insufferable all season and that "football the right way" crap drives me up the wall. If they're good enough to get the title then they'll get the title, simple as. None of this "but hurr hurr they deserve it because their fans are louder" or something like that

Leicester are a more likable club by a mile. If half that Spurs team and Levy vanished overnight I'd be delighted with it.
>>
It's a well known fact that Spurs fans were all bullied into depression and lingering thoughts of suicide during their schooling years by Big Strong Arsenal fans
>>
>>66744168
What young talent? The youngest players in their starting XI are Mahrez and Kante, both 25 years old.
>>
>>66744953
for tax purposes he's from the bahamas not british :^) but point taken
>>
>>66732924

Spurs haven't underperformed. They perform to where they should, a mid size team.
>>
As a third generation season ticket holder at Leicester. I cant disagree with you more.

This club has battled through the ranks for years, and thanks to the passion of all the greats, here we are now on merit.

We deserve to win the league.
>>
>>66732787
Let Leicester win this season, it's not like they will do anything next season.
>>
lol no

I never really followed the EPL but before this year Spurs were "my" team because their name/logo/kit was cool and they were pretty underdog.

But no way I want them to win this year, Lichester is literally the greatest sporting story of the last 50 years.
>>
File: 3 laughing.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
3 laughing.gif
3 MB, 350x263
>>66745090
>it's not like they will do anything next season.
>>
>>66745090
yeah winning the CL will probably detract from their league form, might only finish second or third
>>
File: 1436692743762.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1436692743762.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>>66745090
you are so booty blasted
>>
Take one for the team, take one for humanity, let Leiceister win, leave their effort not in vanity
>>
>>66732787
>I'm saying this as a Leeds
Ohh I get it, its cause your scum
>>
I'd like them too just for the huge butthurt arsenal fans

Would be glorious
>>
>>66744338

> that whole tevez+mascherano debacle without any punishment

Weren't they fined a significant amount of money and I think they were pretty close to administration at that point. Don't think they've been near enough to the top 6 to upset the stranglehold
>>
>>66745031
You fucking pollack go back support your "not even local" team Farselona. Fucking disgusting Janusz. Kurwa chat shit get wpierdol.
>>
>>66746317
Oh god yes. I don't know how Arsenal fans act in the UK, but over here they're completely insufferable, the kind of people that insist on calling football "handegg" and soccer "real football".
>>
Let Tottenham win next year, Leicester or fukoff as us life longs would say

#LifeLongLeicester
#TripleL
#LLL
#LEICESTER4LYFE
>>
>>66744168
>>Lots of great young talent

Like who? Mahrez, Vardy, and Kante are all in their late 20s.
>>
>>66746409
Well then they're the same. Their whole season relies on the finishing above spurs, regardless of where they finish in the top 4.
>>
>>66746422
I thought we said Leicester til I die
>>
I would rather see Leicester win it over Spurs (not Arsenal though), but you can't deny that their recent form has not been pretty to watch or particularly impressive. They've just been grinding out dull 1-0 wins. At least Arsenal would be entertaining champs.
>>
File: vardy.png (972 KB, 850x636) Image search: [Google]
vardy.png
972 KB, 850x636
>>66745090
>it's not like they will do anything next season
Oh boy ABL never learn aren't they?
>>
>>66746439
But at this point nobody cares how they play because every goal is a step on the hype ladder towards the title, a shitty long ball up to Vardy leading to a goal still got me cheering
>>
>arabs see that any team can win the 'English' 'Premier' League
>sheikhs #1, #2, #3 etc purchase Burton Albion, Accrington Stanley, Hartlepool United etc
>every team from the division 10 through to EPL is worth £1b++

I want lester to win
>>
>>66746439

Leicester being boring is ok because they're underdogs. It's like how a lot of people were happy when Atletico won La Liga even though they were (and are) ugly to watch.
>>
>>66746424
Kante and Mahrez are 25. Sure, they aren't young talents but late twenties is overstating it.
>>
>>66746248
>>66746257
>>66746271
>>66746440
Come on lads, they can't possibly compete with Conte at Chelsea, Pep at City and Mourinho at United.
>>
>>66746470
>Come on lads, they can't possibly compete with Mourinho at Chelsea, Pellegrini at City and Van Gaal at United
>>
File: 1341139313255.jpg (7 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1341139313255.jpg
7 KB, 198x200
>>66746478
>Mourinho's 3rd season
>a sacked Pellegrini
>Van Laal
The fact that they're competing with Spurs of all teams for the title should tell you a lot about this season, it's an anomaly.
>>
>>66746427

And Spurs existence revolves solely around finishing above Arsenal.

This is a deep rooted rivalry. Only a bandwagoning JF would fail to grasp it.
>>
>>66746492
Not even close, Spurs are constantly looking ahead, trying to break into top 4,arse are only obsessed with finishing above spurs, not actually improving
>>
>>66746503

lol

Spurs have been perennial also rans just like Arsenal
>>
>>66746512
Spurs are achieving their goal this time though. Arsenal?
>>
File: Drake 6.png (530 KB, 701x802) Image search: [Google]
Drake 6.png
530 KB, 701x802
>being a fan of a jewish club
>>
>>66732787
I'm a SPURS fan supporter and the idea of leister winning the league excites me
>>
>>66746470
>He rates Pep
>>
>Leicester is UNIRONICALLY further ahead of the second place in the BPL than Juve are above Napoli in theirs, than Barca are above Atletico in theirs and same as Bayern are above Dortmund

Nice """"league"""" you got there, Brits
Lestahwinslol
>>
>>66746486

Spurs have been pretty impressive this season tbf.

>>66746512
But at least their fans seem to be aware of that and even make jokes about it. Arsenal fans seem to actually think that their club is relevant.
>>
>>66746549
then you're a cuck
>>
>>66746527

What is their goal?

They've achieved champions league football once in their history.
>>
>>66746599
To get champions league of course
>>
>>66746579
I'm watching the eplel I can't be anymore of a cuck
>>
>>66746625

And that's Arsenals goal too
>>
>>66746631
But it should be to go the next step and win the league. They don't strive to make progress
>>
>>66746641

Why should they expected to challenge for the league when there are three clubs who can massively out spend them?
>>
>>66746599
The last time Spurs were in the CL they got further than Arsenal have in their last six seasons
>>
>>66746649
United Chelsea and city?
All below them right now, a little investment and they'd have won it no problem. Be interesting to see if this season changes their attitude to spending when see what could have been
>>
>>66746674
>a little investment and they'd have won it no problem

like all the investment United, Chelsea and City made
>>
wait, I actually don't get it - why don't Arsenal spend again? What was the context? Surely they must have some money, being a pretty big club and all. At least I don't see why they would only spend like a tenth of the amount Yanited, Chelsea spend
>>
>>66746766

There is no context anymore.

The manager is just far to loyal to players he has who have repeatedly failed. He is also indecisive in the transfer market and paranoid by wasting money on a failure.

The club needs revamping from the board right down to the management.

The potential of the club is big but it's being wasted by the current incumbents.
>>
>>66746668

Cool, do they get a trophy for that?
>>
>>66746649

Poor Arsenal. How can they be expected to compete with super-rich clubs like Tottenham and Leicester?
>>
>>66746766
Mou once claimed that wenger was trying to buy the league, and instead of laughing from the irony he actually took it to heart
>>
>>66732787
>A club with great history and support.
While that may be true, judging who should win based on historical achievements is pointless. A team can't get a good history unless they start winning, so just wanting teams who have a great and successful history to win is a bit pointless in my opinion.

That being said, as long as it isn't one of the usual crew, I'd be happy with either the Spurs or Leicester.

To be fair, every teams fanbase has a certain number of unbearable wankers if they win. I do like voting for the underdog though, and seeing a team go from almost relegation to top of the league in one season is pretty impressive.

That being said though, as I said before, either Spurs or Leicester would make me happy, as long as it's not Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd or City. I'm Scottish so don't really support a particular team in the Premier League, and since our league is fucking horrific, I'll just support both of them.
>>
>>66732924
Jews don't want people to notice when the Jews win. They rather rule shit from behind the scenes, that is why a obviously Jewish club like Tottenham can't win and why Bernie Sanders won't be president.
>>
>>66746789
Same one you get for finishing fourth
>>
>>66746862

You act like Arsenal fans are happy with the status quo
>>
>>66746872
A lot are once spurs are behind them.
>>
>>66732787
Are all those teams really from one city? No wonder you guys want the Falklands so bad
>>
>>66746876

Not even remotely true. The mood amongst the fans is poisonous and it's nothing to do with Spurs.
>>
>>66732787
>Most likeable London club, way more so than Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, QPR, Millwall and Palace

I'm a Spurs fan but everyone likes Fulham
>>
>>66744338
>that whole tevez+mascherano debacle without any punishment
What are you talking about, those two players at that West Ham-team was fucking hilarious.

>being gifted a soulless stadium by the taxpayer
Tottenham were gunning for that same stadium. Also, didn't a house owned by the only person who opposed Spurs getting a new stadium on his ground mysteriously burn down?

>salty entitled cunt fans (muh west ham way, muh 1966 world cup belongs to us)
Yeah, Spurs got entitled cunt fans too. Basically every football club desu.

>spent past few years trying to upset the top 6 stranglehold in europe, get gifted a europa spot through fair play and threw it away before even reaching the group stages for a better chance of qualifying for europa again, fucking up the coefficient

Implying most fans of an English club really wants to see other clubs do well in Europe. People don't give a shit about the co-efficient. Same way Spurs didn't get more points in Europe than they could've gotten, because they don't give a shit about the Europa League.
>>
>>66746766
>No quality avaliable in the market
>Team cohesion is superior to transfers
>>
>>66745090
We big club now, get used to us making the CL every season and attracting more world class players
>>
>>66746453

That'd be fun to watch

>mfw AFC Wimbledon are challenging for the Premiers Hip in six years time after a zillion pounds of dodgy Central Asian money gets funneled through them
>>
>>66746317
would be worth it for the eternal arse mass suicide tbph
>>
>>66746883
That's not all of them, there's like 5 more
>>
>>66746911
Does Watford count as a London team? Everyone likes Watford. And Leyton Orient.
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.