[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/box/ General - McPick 2 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: pacquiao-bradley-martin-joshua.png (818 KB, 600x755) Image search: [Google]
pacquiao-bradley-martin-joshua.png
818 KB, 600x755
Who wins? Two big fights this weekend

Las Vegas - Pacquiao - Bradley III on PPV
Undercard - Arthur Abraham vs. Gilberto Ramirez for WBO smw title

London - Anthony Joshua v Charles Martin for the IBF heavyweight title
Undercard - Lee Selby vs. Eric Hunter for IBF fw title
Jamie McDonnell vs. Fernando Vargas

4/23 - GGG v Dominic Wade
5/7 - Canelo v Amir Khan on PPV
5/21 - Deontay Wilder v Alexander Povetkin in Moscow for the WBC heavyweight title

Fury-Klitschko rematch will be announced in the next 24 hours

Get in here
>>
File: spiv.jpg (61 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
spiv.jpg
61 KB, 768x432
>>66652954

that cheeky chappie always worms his way into the picture

Joshua's gonna get exposed but Martin won't be the guy to do it..AJ KO5
>>
If Deontay somehow wins (heh), I would prefer to see a Wilder/Fury fight.
>>
File: cedric kushner.jpg (10 KB, 200x267) Image search: [Google]
cedric kushner.jpg
10 KB, 200x267
>>66653323
He's an alright looking lad. Boxing promoters are almost always old and scummy looking.
>>
>>66653514
nah he looks like the typical slimey essex nightclub promoter
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djM1_VPnL-4

Friendly reminder that Hearn is LITERALLY David Brent
>>
>>66653423
deontay will heem povetkin, while joshua (meme fighter) gets exposed this weekend
>>
I just hope AJ can handle a good punch to the face and not get stiff like he did with whyte.

I think it's gonna be a close fight for sure. I'd say 8 rounds it's gonna go to with AJ maybe getting the KO.
>>
Has the top 3 boxers been revealed yet? Someone post the full ESPN list and lets pick it apart.
>>
>>66652954
Ramirez gets exposed again
>>
>>66663680
Ramirez is undefeated.
>>
>>66656865
Deontay is a far bigger meme in fairness
>18" thighs
>Shite footwork
>muh bombzqwaaaa
>Being so proud of coming third you incorporate it into your nickname so you become known for it
>ripping off Joe Louis in the process
>struggling with a Polish football hooligan
>>
>>66652954
My boy AJ will get the knockout in 5th round.

SCREEN CAP THIS
>>
>>66653323
eddie hearn is sexy
>>
Charles Martin is a fraud who was gifted that belt, he'll be out of there within 6 rounds.

Not sure why they're doing Pac Bradley again, a fight literally no one was asking for.
>>
>>66668232
You can tell he gets pussy on the regs. I was watching his interview with that michelle joy Phelps earlier and he's got the smooth moves alongside the dosh.
>>
>>66668298
AJ knows this. Winning this belt will guarantee him a fight with the winner of fury and klitschko. If fury wins he'll want his belt back and the same goes for klit.
>>
File: ESPN P4P 25-11.jpg (837 KB, 611x9745) Image search: [Google]
ESPN P4P 25-11.jpg
837 KB, 611x9745
>>66661145
>>
File: ESPN P4P 10-2.jpg (506 KB, 611x5859) Image search: [Google]
ESPN P4P 10-2.jpg
506 KB, 611x5859
>>66661145
>>66668621
>>
>>66668621
>Toney that low
>>
Fury-Klitschko II set for July 9th, probably at Old Trafford.

Should be a pretty based weekend of sports.

Fury Klitschko and UFC 200 on Sat the 9th
Wimbledon final, British GP and Euro 2016 final on the Sunday.

Fucking delightful
>>
OI SHAT AP BLAD
>>
>>66669328

Hopefully it should be a completey different fight. Wlad knows it's his last shot and he needs a KO to win in the UK...would like to see him roll back the years a little

I'd go if the place weren't going to be full of gyppos
>>
Weekend 9th/10th July
McGregor vs. Diaz
Fury vs. Klitschko
EURO 2016 final
>>
>>66669397
this
>>
File: img_9568.jpg (242 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
img_9568.jpg
242 KB, 3000x2000
>>
>>66670422
>tfw he'll die in our lifetime
I won't be ready anymore to rruumble
>>
>>66669328
>old Trafford

That would suck. Should be at Wembley, a more prestigious venue than Old Trampford.
>>
>>66664154
Not really
>>
>>66670422
LET'S
>>
>>66670422
and for the millions watching around the world
>>
File: guy.png (1012 KB, 608x908) Image search: [Google]
guy.png
1012 KB, 608x908
"im going to pay to watch pacquiao fight bradley for a third time"
>>
Bradley on points, Pac will likely get gassed
SHAT AP BLUD by KO or stoppage, but he'll make a right pig's ear of it for the first few rounds
expect him to fight Fury or Wlad and completely get taken to bits
>>
>>66672539
AJ vs Vlad would be a good fight
>>
>>66668298
Pac picked Crawford for this fight but Arum shot that down, would've been a much more interesting fight than this shit again.
>>
What are the odds in the Pac-Bradley fight?
>>
SHAT AP BLUD
>>
>>66674215
I think -225 for Manny +175 for Bradley
>>
>>66674129
Crawford's gunna fight Pistol which IMHO is a better fight than CrawPac
>>
>>66674240
this 2bh
>>
>>66652954

i just want to know how i can watch Anthony Joshua vs Charles Martin

i have officially boarded the hype train for AJ.
>>
>>66668621
>>66668634
Is this P4P all time? If so, Jones should be #1 and Tyson #2
>>
>>66674407
0/10
>>
>>66674456
fite me m8
>>
>>66674284
Crawford could've gotten a fatter paycheck from a potential Pac fight, as well as fight one the elite fighters of this era of boxing,albeit an old man
>>
>>66674542
And its still not as compelling as PostolCrawford, the 1 and 2 in the division.
>>
>>66674574
I'll disagree, winning against Pacquiao can catapult you to stardom with casuals, which is where the money is

And Manny is still a great fighter, despite his age. They're gonna brawl, and Manny is gonna force that. Crawford can scrap too, so its compelling
>>
>>66674574
You must be a Crawford fanboy. Any boxing fan would have rather seen Pac-Crawford than Pac-Bradley III.
>>
File: sergey-kovalev.png (666 KB, 540x759) Image search: [Google]
sergey-kovalev.png
666 KB, 540x759
When will Adonis Chickenson stop running?
>>
>>66674912
SERGEY SERGEY CAN'T YOU SEE

SPICS AND NIGGERS NEED TO HANG FROM TREES
>>
>>66674574

ugh i don't even care about pistol after his fight with lucas mattyhse.

I was so excited to watch la maquina fight only to witness postol clinch more than wlad.
>>
>>66674912

i feel like if punched sergey kovalev in the chin it would just hurt my hand and not him.
>>
Reminder that Pac claims this to be his last fight. Be interesting to see how he goes out.
>>
Pac already beat Bradley twice. The first one he broke Bradley's ankles by punching him so hard in the face.

Fuck this rematch. Guess he needs money for the tax crap.

Hope Pac doesn't get screwed over by the judges this time.
>>
do you guys watch fights with a bunch of friends or alone? I'm always watching alone because I don't know one person who is into boxing
>>
>>66675805
50/50. if its alone its because the fight isnt high profile enough or there's better things to do

if its with friends its either at someone's house or at a bar
>>
>>66674827
Why would I be a Crawford fanboy? If I was I would love for him to school Pacman.

I'm a boxing fan boy. I like to see the best in the divisions go up against one another which is what Crawford and Postol are. I don't want to see two big names fight SOLELY just because its two big names fighting; that's how you get crap like Khanelo and catch weight and A side B side bullshit.
>>
>>66675008
I live in South Florida and have met Sergey.

Don't mean to go Sjw on you, but he would slap you in the mouth for saying some racist shit like that. 90% of his gym is black, as is his trainer.
>>
>>66675879
>Why would I be a Crawford fanboy?
because this
>If I was I would love for him to school Pacman.
would never happen. If Crawford would school Pacman than why is Arum protecting him? If you were just a boxing fan you want to see the most exciting matchups that could be made, not some boring hugfest thats a result of some worthless ranking system.

Crawford starts slow and eats shots before turning it up. It would be guaranteed fireworks with Pacquiao, but Arum doesn't want one potential cash cow ruined while another one retires.

"We did say yes to the boy from Omaha (Crawford) and I heard he said yes too, but I think Bob Arum may be protecting him a little bit right now because he may be his next ace in the hole," - Freddie Roach
>>
>>66676135
If I was a fanboy I would automatically think he would school him and want the fight, get it? Im not a fanboy, and Bob doesn't want another Nonito on his hands.

That said, Postol is the real deal, and Pacqiuao last fight left a bad taste in my mouth and I think he should have just retired and swam in the ocean with Jesus or whatever the fuck. Crawford Postol is an excellent clash of styles. Postol is a dangerous fighter, high risk low reward, if Bob Arum was really hell bent on protecting Crawford he would not have allowed him to fight Postol. HBO fucking hates postol after what happened with Lucas Matthysee.

Pacqiuao could have fought many others beside Crawford. Casuals want him to fight Pacqiuao.

The most exciting match up of all would have been Matthysee Pacqiuao.
>>
>>66676262
>Im not a fanboy, and Bob doesn't want another Nonito on his hands.
What does this even mean? This is Pac's last fight, Arum couldn't care less what happens to him after. Crawford on the other hand can still bring in revenue.

>Pacqiuao last fight left a bad taste in my mouth
No one cares, that has no bearing on how a fight against Crawford would play out. Mayweather is an elusive counterpuncher, Crawford isn't.

>Crawford Postol is an excellent clash of styles
Kek no it isn't. You keep bringing up Postol's standing to sell this fight. Its going to be a shitty hugfest decision and everyone knows it.

>HBO fucking hates postol after what happened with Lucas Matthysee.
A reason he's being fed to Crawford instead of being let go.

>The most exciting match up of all would have been Matthysee Pacqiuao.
Except Matthysse is retired, but you already knew that.
>>
I mistook Matthysse for Maidana, still Lucas is still recovering from an eye injury in his last bout so an April bout would be undoable.
>>
>>66676413
Ironically enough, Matthysee is going to reiter because Pistol WRECKED HIM. They offered him a spot on the Khanelo undercard and he said no.

it means that Bob Arum doesn't want his next cash cow to lose his appeal a la Nonito.

If its a shitty hug fest that's on Crawford. But Postols range + power with Crawford switch hitting slickness would make for great fight. Styles make fights.

Postol would easily be the BEST fighter Crawford has faced (shot blown up Gamboa does not count lol)
>>
>>66676619
>Ironically enough, Matthysee is going to reiter because Pistol WRECKED HIM. They offered him a spot on the Khanelo undercard and he said no.
He was scheduled to fight there but postponed it due to injury.

>it means that Bob Arum doesn't want his next cash cow to lose his appeal a la Nonito.
You seem confident that Crawford would wreck Pacquiao - how exactly would he lose appeal from that? Craford beating Pac would be like ODLH passing the torch in the Dream Fight. It would catapult Crawford to star status. Keep in mind that Crawford also said yes to the fight but Arum shot it down. Your reasoning is nonsense here.

>Postol would easily be the BEST fighter Crawford has faced
Pacquiao > daylight > literally who > Postol. Switch Bradley and TC's opponents and you have more exciting bouts than what we have now.
>>
>>66652954
What is boxing? Is it like mma but takes a long time? Why do they wear those big cushions on their hands?
>>
>>66676778
Why are MMA '""""""fighters""""""" such faggots with less skills than boxers?
>>
File: cast iron jaw man.gif (139 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
cast iron jaw man.gif
139 KB, 620x413
>>66676833
Always makes me kek when UFC fans swear up and down that any MMA fighter would wreck any boxer in a "real fight".

Yeah, those faggots would definitely fuck up a Mike Tyson on the prison yard.
>>
>>66676746
He postponed it due to "injury". Soon after he was saying he doesn't have it in him.
>google

I said IF I was Crawford fanboy I would want to see him school Pacman. I'm not. PACs best years are behind him, but I think he would at least lose in a SD IF he did. Im not a Crawford fanboy. I'm a boxing fan. I want to see the best in the division fight the best in the division. Postol beat THE MAN at 140. Crawford fights at 140 and is considered the #2.
Yes Pac Crawford is exciting on paper, but then I can say why not Provodnikov or Amir Khan?

And Bradley is a more proven fighter than Crawford. Crawford is still a prospect as far as I'm concerned. He's past every EYE test but lacks NAMES.

We're both agreeing that Based Arum did not want the fight. But if Arum was hell bent on protecting Crawford as you said he was he would not be putting him against Postol a high risk with little little reward opponent whose last win is better than everything on Crawford's resume put together.
>>
>>66676778
They wear big cushions on their hands because they hit like men and do not want to break every bone in their hands when they throw their first power shots.

It takes longer because they are in great shape (unlike MMA fighters whose training camp is significantly less tough than boxing training camps) and also unlike MMA fighters do not go down with a few baby punches like Jose Aldo.
>>
>>66675805
I'll come over bro
>>
>>66676746
Pacqiuao Delahoya was a fucking joke. Such revisionist history on that one.
>>
>>66676914
No one wanted to see a Bradley III fight. Theres a reason why there was literally no discussion about this PPV (kek) until this week.

TC is up and coming and Pac is one foot out the door, there are people including yourself that believe TC would beat him. So why not make it happen?

Also you didn't answer the question about the ridiculous notion that somehow Crawford would lose face by beating Pacquiao.
>but then I can say why not Provodnikov or Amir Khan
No one said anything against that. Those are both more exciting options than Bradley III.
>>
>>66676976
>Such revisionist history on that one.
How so? Did Oscar not pass the torch that night? I didn't remark on the credibility of the fight.
>>
>>66676413
Fact of the matter is, Postol deserves the Pacqiuao match more than Crawford does.

When we get the most "exciting match ups" we get CaneloKhan at 155 catch weight for a 160LB fucking title and "the dream match" that was laughed by everyone when it was announced. Postol Crawford is a good match up and a step up for Crawford. Crawford Pacqiuao is an exciting fight, yes, but I'd rather see two fighters in their prime fight for the #1 spot in a division than a cash out.
>>
>>66675805
>alone
but I thought I was watching it with /box/?

;_;
>>
>>66652954
LET ME GET A
>>
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
>JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
JOSH-U-A
>>
>>66677049
On what planet are you living on where Canelo-Khan is an exciting matchup to anyone? Canelo is copping shit for taking on this fight and Khan is looked at as a dead man walking. /box/ wants to see Pac-Crawford over Pac-Bradley III. No one asked for Canelo-Khan.
>"the dream match" that was laughed by everyone when it was announced
Revisionist bullshit. This match wasn't just plucked out of the air, ODLH ran out of opponents after first considering Hatten and Margarito. Pac was the last option and people criticized ODLH for picking on a smaller man. Filipino congress even attempted to prevent Pac from leaving the country to take part in the fight.

You're comparing Canelo-Khan/ODLH-Pac, two fights no one asked for to Pac-Crawford, a much better alternative than another tiresome fight with Bradley.
>>
>>66677010
I never said he would lose face by beating him you're dumb. He would if he lost like Nonito did when he got school by Rigo.
Do you finallllly get it? Or are you going to continue saying that he wouldn't lose face by besting him?

Amir Khan had his nose so far up Pacqiuaos ass they could have made it happen.

>>66677033
He did. But that fight was a fucking joke when it was announced. Everyone laughed at Oscar for making thay fight. Drained foot out the door Oscar passed the torch to Manny the same way Shot old Joe Louis passed the torch to Rocky. Woop De fucking do. Too bad he passed it to a cheat who was scared of needles.

Its only in today's day and age that that fight is seen as such a great moment in boxing history when it was in reality a big joke from the start, and a bigger one after unless you are a pactard.

Anyway I gotta go to work. I'll be back later. Nice talking to you. I mean it sincerely
>>
>>66674407
tyson doesnt even make it into the top ten heavyweights of all time let alone P4P
>>
>>66677175
>implying people are asking to even see Pacqiuao fight again.
>>
Anyone know how much tickets to a match like Fury v Klitschko would cost? Roughly
>>
>>66677240
ask peter fury
>>
>>66677178
>I never said he would lose face by beating him you're dumb. He would if he lost like Nonito did when he got school by Rigo.
But you're so confident that Crawford would beat Pac, so which is it? Do you admit now that the fight isn't being made cause Pac would slap the shit out of Crawford instead of Postol is the "best match that can be made"?

>Woop De fucking do.
Again, I didn't remark on the credibility of the fight so you're just airing out your Flomo grievances to no one. The point was that the fight catapulted Pac to superstar status much like a Pac-Crawford fight would to Crawford.
>>
>>66677228
No one "asked" for the Crawford-Postol fight either.
>>
>>66677308
Hsrdcore fans did. You're silly. They've even mentioned it on HBO broadcast.
>>
File: 18j4lbh9r1htbjpg.jpg (78 KB, 800x469) Image search: [Google]
18j4lbh9r1htbjpg.jpg
78 KB, 800x469
>>66676778
a real sport
>>
>>66677352
Sure thing bud.
>>
What's with boxers and [their name] Promotions?
>>
>>66677505
Speaking of which, what are the big promotions in boxing? Top Rank, Golden Boy are two big ones that come to mind but I know there are a dozen or so other ones.
>>
>>66670760
???
>>
>>66677415
Not that guy but
If you think otherwise you do not follow the sport.

Matthysee Postol winner was the one who was going to give Crawford his shot at 140 or fight Amir Imam (before his glass was shattered).

Jesus go on any boxing forum and count the CRAWFORD DUCKING POSTOL HBO AND ARUM PROTECTING THEIR BOY threads.
>>
Is Anthony Joshua going to be the biggest athlete in the world in the next 2 years?
>>
>>66677527
Al Haymon.
>>
>>66677574
no he'll get KO'd by some bum and go the route of audrey harrison
>>
>>66677613

Ive been watching eddie hearn interviews and now i believe Anthony Joshua is going to change the world as we know it.
>>
>>66677574

He'll be outboxed by someone like Fury or Ortiz before then
>>
>>66677573
None of that is relevant to the point that Pac-Crawford is a better matchup than Pac-Bradley III.
>>
>>66677715
BradleyPac3 makes more cents than PacCrawford
CrawfordPostol makes more sense than PacqiuaoCrawford. Every classic fight in history has been two top tens in their divisions going head to head to prove that they are the best in their division. Every money grab and cash out in history has been shit like Crawford Pacqiuao.

With the dream fight Pacqiuao was proven, and more known than Crawford is at this stage.

But yes, there are plenty of people who want to see Pistol Crawford.
>>
>>66668634
Based JCC and Marquez.
>>
>Nicholas "Show Me The Money" Walters
>Terence "Pay Me More" Crawford
>>
>>66678441
I had such high hopes for Crawford too.

Shame.
>>
>>66668634
lol @ RJJ and pac being that high
>>
GOATNELO best boxer of all time
FUCK paqshit and fuck Timothy Bradley the desert nigger
My boy canelo could kill them both at the same night
>>
>>66675805
with Friends in clubs/bar tbqh
>>
Whens the main event aest?
and Stream links would be appreciated .
>>
Reminder that I can knockout everyone itt including OP.
>>
>Working 6pm till 10pm tonight
>may miss the AJ fight

The main ones usually are late in the night aren't they?
>>
>>66675805

Used to watch all the Hatton and Calzaghe fights with m8s...made bank by betting everyone that Floyd would spark out Ricky kek
>>
>>66682787
not me faggot
>>
>>66686392
>>66681120
>>66675866
You guys are lucky, must be fun

>>66676966
Next flight to Düsseldorf airport, I'll be waiting
>>
>>66686174
Yeah, it won't start until about 11.
>>
oi rudeboy shat up
>>
>>66686893
My man thinks he's better than me? kmt SHAT AP.
>>
>>66668338
He still has a greasy used car salesman vibe which is sort of off-putting though
>>
>>66681083
Canelo is kinda ugly though.
Cotto is more handsome and looks more masculine.
>>
>>66675805
>watching with /box/
>alone

You'll always have us lad :3
>>
Friendly reminder that if you prefer AJ to Fury you should consider necking yourself.
>>
>>66687042
tell that to single white womyn in the UK ;^)

There's nobody in his right mind on /sp/ or anywhere on decent boxing forums who r8s SHAT UP BLAD over Gypsy King.

Unless you mean personalities, in which case Joshua is a fake ass nigga.
>>
>>66687042
>fat tubby Gyppo
>Athletic built BBC

Rather take the BBC. no homo
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-12-07.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-19-12-07.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
> caring about tonight's ring action when the true champ is in the crowd

LET'S GO CHAMP
>>
w2c?
>>
>>66686679
I'll eat your asshole alive you bitch.
>>
>>66687647
>>66686679
Both of you are fucking BUMS, BUM CITY m8.
>>
>tfw AJ beats Chalres Martin then we have a big unification night on the 9th of July when Joshua-Wilder is added to the card
>tfw all-British unification winner takes all fight later this year between Fury and Joshua

Would be fucking immense lads
>>
File: 1426706538346.jpg (31 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1426706538346.jpg
31 KB, 433x419
>>66687721
>he thinks Wilder is getting past Povetkin

нeт
>>
>>66687721

Would be, but you're putting two stadium fights into one arena. Millions thrown away.
>>
>>66687754
Eddie pls
>>
>>66687744

50/50 fight. Going to be brilliant.
>>
>>66687554
Apparently he'll be Haye's next fight now if he wins on Haye's undercard in May. Can't wait for the buildup for that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLp3w2kIxc
>>
>>66687721
Joshua won't fight Fury until all of the other big money options have been exhausted because he'll be too scared of losing. Very similar to the Mayweather Pacquiao situation, that didn't happen the threat of a loss became pretty much irrelevant. Fury Joshua won't suddenly become a less big fight as they get older so I don't see it happening for a very long time if at all. Haye Joshua might happen in a couple of years since Haye is getting old and they might fancy themselves for it, though again don't get your hopes up.

Wilder is a bit of an unknown, we really don't know how good he is until he fights Povetkin. If he beats Povetkin convincingly Joshua has good reason to be very scared of him too. If he only marginally beats him I could see the Joshua fight happening. Wilder will be in a similar position to Martin now, knowing that he might well lose his belt before too long, so thinks it's worth backing himself to beat what he sees as a massive hype job. Even if he loses Joshua is a bigger draw than most in the division so he'll make plenty of money.

If Wilder loses then the Povetkin fight might be very hard to make, he's backed by a very wealthy Russian who'll want the fight there and have no real reason to accept anything else. I think that'd be the worst possible result for the division from a British perspective Tbh.
>>
>>66687890

LET'S GO CHAMP

He's actually a more legit threat than the guy Haye managed to find on a building site.

I don't know how everything lines up from here. Joshua is fighting again in July, so is Fury. Haye won't fight Briggs that soon, or will it go on the Joshua undercard? Haye hasn't fought on an undercard for a decade and is selling out the O2 fighting bums. Surely you're not going to do Joshua vs Haye in an arena in the autumn/winter when it'd sell out Wembley.
>>
>>66688025
I know it's not going to happen soon.

No way Eddie Hearn exposes his cash cow to any risk
>>
>>66688049
No way Haye would put himself on a Joshua undercard, he's managing to sell out the o2 fighting nobodies. He'll definitely sell it out fighting Briggs as the headline act and possibly get on PPV. I imagine that'll be in September/October time so that there's plenty of time to hype it.

Joshua won't fight Haye for 2/3 years. If he wins the belt he'll want a couple of easy defences and then a mandatory just to settle in and make easy money while he's on top, he'll definitely sell out arenas fighting nobodies so why bother with anything harder? Haye is far too big a risk to take on now, he could lose everything. If he loses against Martin it'll be similar, he'll need to build up a head of steam again since if he loses twice in a row to Martin and Haye his career would be effectively over. In a couple of years Haye will have fought a few times more and have his name out there properly again, but will be old enough that Joshua fancies himself for it, expect it in late 2018 I'd guess.
>>
Joshua's next five opponents (if he wins tonight):

>Dereck Chisora
>A 'rejuvenated' David Price
>'Massive unification' fight with Lucas Browne
>A 'rejuvenated' Dillian Whtye
>Carlos Takam
>>
>>66688161
Would love Whyte vs Chisora tßh, amazing buildup and decent match of styles.
>>
>>66688161
>'Massive unification' fight with Lucas Browne

I thought Browne tested positive for steroids after his last fight
>>
>>66688186
he a good boy he dindu nuffin need mo money fo dem shitposting programs
>>
>>66688186

Still listed on WBA website as champ
>>
>>66688186
b-b-b-but he must have been setup by the evil foreigners in Chechnya he dindu nuffin

he lost all that weight legit I promise!
>>
>>66688115

Agree with 90% of that but I don't think Haye's still there in 2-3 years. He's come back to get a PPV stadium fight and get out again.
>>
>>66688361

They shortend and lengthened the rounds depending on whether Chagaev was winning or getting battered

I wouldn't put it past them t.b.h
>>
>>66688049
I'm glad Haye has agreed to bang Shannon out if he wins.

People are moaning about Haye fighting nobodies but everyone wants Haye vs Briggs.
>>
>>66687744
Wilders gunna knock him the fuck out.

And I fucking hate him. But Povetkin is overrated.
>>
>>66688631

Would he even get a licence to fight in the UK after Vitali turned his brain into mush?
>>
>>66688631

Nah, I'd rather Haye got his big fight but since that's not happening yet I'd rather see some fun with a Briggs fight than a dude nobody's heard of at all.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-09-08-18-20.png (91 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-09-08-18-20.png
91 KB, 540x960
Anyone Gambling tonight?
>>
>>66688804
£10 on Joshua to win in the 6th (at odds of 10.00)

Struggling to GET HYPE for the Pacquiao fight senpai
>>
>>66688362
Haye's chance at big stadium fight is either Joshua or Fury really, and Fury has said he won't fight him unless forced to which I believe. If he really wants that one last mega payday I think it's Joshua or nobody.
>>
>>66689092
Joshua and Haye would be an instant sellout.
>>
>>66689115
Yes I know, but the point I'm making is that Joshua won't take that fight for a couple of years, so if Haye wants something that big he'll have to stick around.
>>
>>66689176
Who else could Haye fight? I think Shannon Briggs would be a good fight to stay relevant since Shannon wants to fight him badly.
>>
Would love if Haye-Briggs gets signed and Briggs just ceases all of his promoting and all the LETS GO CHAMP shite just to cheese off le xnooker money man
>>
>>66686174
Ring walk is about 10:45
>>
>>66689290
He might well aim to become the mandatory for one of the titles in the mean time, climb the ranks of one of the organisations and force a title fight that way until Joshua is ready. He's proven he can sell out arenas against nobodies so I could see it.

Whyte is another option too, the fight against Joshua gave him a big name and he's great at selling too. Is possible.
>>
>>66689451
>>66686727
Cheers, lads.
>>
>>66674407
Past 25 years lad
>>
>>66681083
>GOATNELO best boxer of all time

>best boxer
>ducking GGG
>>
AJ is gonna rekt that Martin pleb tonight
>>
>>66652954

any lads in london right now? Hows the atmosphere?

I've always wanted to experience the build up to a big fight.
>>
>>66690657
MAN SAYS HE'S BETTER THAN ME YEAH SHAT AP

but yeah, in all seriousness Martin is a fucking plum. Joshua will fuck up but he'll still starch him by the middle rounds
>>
Joshua's packing that British glass...
>>
Just talked to the lad who rigs World title fights,AJ Rd 6
>>
>>66691043
Cheers mate. I can always trust an Aussie to help me win big.

£200 on AJ to win round 6
>>
>Called in work 'sick' so i don't miss the fight tonight
>They want me to provide a sick note from my doctor next time im in

Fuck lads
>>
>>66691205

"i was too sick to spend my time in the waiting room for a 24 hour flu"

seriously i never got this meme. Why would anyone spend their time in a waiting room for 5 hours to waste a doctors time.
>>
>>66690664
To be fair lots of people will watch but it isn't like an England football match level of vibe. People have heard of and like AJ but he's still new. If there's ever a mega fight with Fury it might be to the level where the whole country is hyped but not just yet.
>>
>>66691419
he done 400k PPV buys against whyte in UK alone which is fucking insane considering how much of a non PPV fight that is
>>
>>66690968

the similarities with Frank Bruno are striking
>>
>>66691479
Oh don't get me wrong it's impressive, but the canadian guy was asking if there was an atmosphere in London, and he isn't quite that big yet. People care, but only about as much as a big movie coming out or something. Not quite national fervour level.
>>
>>66691633
yeah i know i was just adding on. Talks of AJ fighting at Vicarage Road sometime since hes a watford fan
>>
>>66691419

oh damn all the articles I've read make it seem like Anthony Joshua is an english superstar. Obviously the media embellishes, but i thought there was some truth to that.
>>
File: sergey-kovalev (13)_4.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
sergey-kovalev (13)_4.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
What is this face trying to convey?

>>66675929
contrary to the memes, Kovalev isn't racist at all. That tweet had more to do with Stevenson actually looking like a chimp, it wasn't a low blow aimed at all blacks.
>>
What time is the heavyweight fight Pacific time?
>>
>>66692018
At 1
>>
>>66692010

It's still funny to think of Kovalev as an unabashed racist who lives for beating up black people though
>>
>>66691419
Joshua-Haye would probably be more hyped than Joshua-Fury

>>66691875
A lot of pubs that wouldn't usually buy boxing PPVs are showing the fight later. They'll full to the brim with coked up cunts who think they're starring in Football Factory, I imagine
>>
Why the fuck would BoxNation not bid for the Pacquiao fight?
>>
>you now realise Tim Bradley's first big win was in fucking Nottingham when he was brought in as a can to be knocked over by Junior Witter on ITV
>>
>>66693199
>talking shit about Nottingham
come on then youth
>>
>>66693199
Better not be talking bollocks about Notts, mate.
>>
>>66692808
Nah the good vs evil angle for AJ vs Fury would be the best buildup to a boxing match this country has ever seen. The hype would be unreal.
>>
>>66692808
Boxing fans hate Haye and the general public don't like him much more. Between whining about his toe after the Klitschko loss and pulling out twice against Fury and robbing people blind for the fight against Harrison people are just done with Haye.

Fury on the other hand is the perfect foil for Joshua in promotion, with Fury playing the villain, talking shit about him and stuff, and AJ playing the good guy London 2012 (everyone loved that shit) gold medal winner who everyone loves.
>>
How can I become a British yardie like my boy AJ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z7qIt-Yjnw
>>
>>66693744
>yardie
Yardies are jamaican not nigerian lad
>>
>>66693776

actually hyped 2bh.

I hope Anthony joshua can keep improving and dominate the heavyweight division.
>>
File: download.jpg (79 KB, 592x684) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
79 KB, 592x684
>>66693641
lmao you can see they're already starting now, even though the fight won't happen for ages they're trying to build "bad blood" for when the promotion does eventually happen. Can't wait.

Top one of these was posted literally 15 minutes ago
>>
>>66693793
Ahh ok. Someone on here called him a yardie so thats where I got that from.
>>
>>66693744
Tell my man shut up
>>
>>66693744

the UK seems comfy af m8.

Tea, shit weather, good banter, super unhealthy food.

im intrigued T>B>H
>>
File: mo_aj_pitch.jpg (286 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
mo_aj_pitch.jpg
286 KB, 720x480
How can English athletes be so GOAT lads?
>>
>>66693832
>believing an anonymous poster on a Jamaican Yardie forum
>>
>>66693883
KEK
>>
>>66693744
The proper word is "roadman" m8

Basically pretend to be from the American ghetto, but without having had any of the threats of violence, inherent drug dealing culture, police violence or any of the things which makes their lives remotely hard to live.
>>
>>66693641

Yeah polite southern black olympic hero media darling v rough northern white bad boy gyppo basically promotes itself
>>
>>66693954
Also it's crucial that you record a grime track with as many shitty puns crammed into 4 minutes as you can manage at the age of 13
>>
Thread music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhESGrnUieU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqQGUJK7Na4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxbzujA69DA
>>
>>66694005
Fitting that by far the most overrated grime artist is the one of choice for the most overrated British boxer in recent memory
>>
>>66693954
Thanks m8. Urbandictionary confirms this.
>Devon - Is Marcus coming out tonight senpai?
>Antonio - Of course he is man, Marcus is a roadman, dumb question blud!
>>
>>66694005

the beat to "SHAT UP" is actually pretty catchy.
When AJ walked out to that i was /HYPE/
>>
>>66694036
>overrated grime
Agree

>overrated British boxer
Maybe. I root for David Haye though.
>>
>>66694050
The first definition is a bit out of date, is from 2010 looking at it. More means the 2nd definition these days. Has more negative connotations than it used to.
>>
>>66694078

You forgot Amir Khan exists
>>
>>66694105
yeah, they're usually seen selling shit pills at raves as well
>>
>>66693818
looool
>>
How long til the heavyweight fight lads
>>
Hope AJ gets heemed desu
>>
>>66695245
About 4 hours from now
>>
>>66695304
thanks m8
>>
5/21 - Deontay Wilder v Alexander Povetkin in Moscow for the WBC heavyweight title
I thought fury has 2 belts and martin has the other belt?

how many fucking heavyweight belts are there? this shit is so confusing
>>
>>66695537
Fury: The Ring, WBO, WBA, IBO
Wilder: WBC
Martin: IBF
>>
>>66695623
Thought there was only 3 titles in each division, my mistake.

in an ideal world there would only be 1
>>
>>66695687

At least with different belts up for grabs it's an incentive to get decent matchups made, otherwise AJ would still be fighting bouncers and carpenters
>>
Pac KO/tko
Martin KO/tko

don't care about the other fights. AA is getting old so I wouldn't be surprised if he got outworked
>>
LETS GO CHAMP
>>
>>66695687

Fury: WBO, WBA
Wilder: WBC
Martin: IBF

The IBO and that lineal bullshit doesn't matter.
>>
>>66696461
The IBO doesn't matter sure, but The Ring is undoubtedly the proof you're top of your division.
>>
>>66696617
For fan recognition sure. Everyone just recognizes the big four sanctioning belts.
>>
If AJ loses tonight will he kill himself?
>>
>>66696976
I'll kill myself if AJ loses tonight.
>>
>>66696461
Fury is the champ.The rest is just alphabet bullshit, Fury beat the man so he is the man.
>>
>>66696976
Eddie Hearn will.
>>
I've never actually been subjected to /sp/'s opinions on Boxing, what were /box/'s general attitudes towards MayPac and Klitschko v Fury?
>>
>>66697311

Floyd completely outboxed Pacquiao, Pacquiao was never on Floyds level.

Klitschko-Fury was Fury outboxing Klitschko though Klitschko is undoubtedly the better heavyweight.
>>
>>66697311
I never really noticed /box/ as a consistent general until after MayPac.
>>
>>66697311
Mayweather vs Pacquiao was definitely boring and not worth the money, but only boring because Mayweather was incredible, just like he was throughout his entire career. He's the pinnacle of defensive boxing. Wish it had been a few years earlier is all.

Klitschko vs Fury was better purely because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Granted it all makes sense in retrospect given Klitschko's weakness to quick lateral movement and need to dominate opponents from behind his jab, something he couldn't do against Fury due to his size (also the reason I believe Klitschko has no chance in a rematch incidentally, he would need a total change in style, something I'm not sure he's capable of or hungry enough to do). A lot of people came out of the woodwork claiming to have seen the result coming but I certainly hadn't, great fight.
>>
Is there a more "MUH HERITAGE" boxer than Macklin?I don't think so.
>>
>>66697423

>Pacquiao was never on Floyds level.

08/09 Pacman was a better fighter than the one who fought Floyd, Manny relies on speed and volume he has a young mans game and in his advancing age his volume and speed have both fallen off

Floys aged much better, he's taken WAY less damage and his low volume style suits being old.

The fight would have been completely different in 2009, hence why Floyd was a bitch and never took it

>>66697423

>Klitschko is undoubtedly the better heavyweight.

kek no
>>
Another question: When did you guys get into boxing?
>>
Is there anything this man can't do lads?
>>
File: Floyd.png (112 KB, 1040x737) Image search: [Google]
Floyd.png
112 KB, 1040x737
>>66697557

>08/09 Pacman was a better fighter than the one who fought Floyd

Barely, Pacquiao was never elite.

>Gets KO'd in 96
>Gets KO'd in 99
>Gets outboxed by a bum Sanchez
>Gets savaged by an out of prime Morrales
>Loses to fucking Bradley
>Gets outboxed and destroyed by Marquez
>Gets outboxed by Floyd

His only notable wins are against a shot Morrales, Oscar (catchweight also) and catchweight Cotto. Dude was never on Floyds level,.

>hence why Floyd was a bitch and never took it

Your casual side is showing, Freddie Roach admitted that it was Pacquiaos fault

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUs8yAS_qTs

Stay mad Pactard
>>
>>66697667
Okay time to gb2 boxingscene you TBE fag
>>
is stormzy coming out again?
>>
Anyone got this streaming and willing to share the link?
>>
>>66697517

He has a gym in Marbella that's involved in all kinds of shady shit, like the shooting at that Dublin weigh in a few months ago
>>
>>66697718
14 year old white kids from Sussex are gonna freak.
>>
>>66697667

>Gets savaged by an out of prime Morrales

Morales was fucking 28 the second time they fought

>Loses to fucking Bradley

gr8 b8 m8

>Gets outboxed and destroyed by Marquez

Beat him 3 out of 4 times

>Talking about catchweights

Cause Floyd never used catchweights or fought out of prime fighters right?

Kek lad
>>
>>66697719
do a google search for streaming sports.
>>
File: 1430694496258.jpg (76 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1430694496258.jpg
76 KB, 640x960
>>66697708

>getting this mad after being BTFO

Fun fact, Pacquiao has been dusted more times than Glass Jaw Amir Khan
>>
How long till this starts?
>>
>>66697639
Dad decided to watch Hatton vs Tszyu with his friends and invited me to do the same even though he isn't into it normally. It's regularly rated as one of the best fights on British soil ever and got me hooked for life. My interest had fallen off a bit in the late 00s/early 2010s since the British scene was so poor and American stuff is on too late for me to watch but our scene is having a real resurgence with Hearn taking over and is great to watch again.
>>
>>66697639

Too young for Tyson first time round but the British scene with Benn/Eubank/Collins and Naz clowning everyone got me into it as a kid
>>
>>66697746

Everything that comes up is a bullshit link that requires an account
>>
File: 1430754847661.jpg (338 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1430754847661.jpg
338 KB, 1680x1050
>>66697741

>Morales was fucking 28 the second time they fought

And way past his prime, he went on a 4 loss streak when Pacuqiao beat him, he had just been through wars with barerra and Pacquiao, Learn your boxing scrub.

>gr8 b8 m8

He did m8 ;)

>Beat him 3 out of 4 times

If your trying to argue the Bradley robbery then you have no legs to stand on seeing as Marquez out boxed Manny 11 out of 12 rounds in the first fight and completely dominated him in the 3rd. Thankfully he took his soul from him in the 4th fight so the judges couldn't fuck him over again.

>Cause Floyd never used catchweights or fought out of prime fighters right?

He fought Cotto/Oscar at THEIR specified weight classes and used a 2 lbs catchweight on a 22 year old Canelo when Floyd was 36, that's perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

Stay mad, 49-0 TBE
>>
>>66697748
>Had to photoshop Pac getting clipped by another fighter cause Floyd hits like a bitch
>bragging about what other fighters did to Pac
>only has balls when he's fighting women

yup, TMT faggot. Who are you cum hungry sluts latching onto now that your boy retired? There aren't that many outwardly niggerish fighters than Broner left.
>>
>>66697748
Why do people try to put Floyd in the picture as if hes the one that KO manny?
>>
>Joshua has brought out all of the Mayweather hating plebs

Why am I not surprised
>>
File: 1430751261417.jpg (32 KB, 480x448) Image search: [Google]
1430751261417.jpg
32 KB, 480x448
>>66697807

>getting this mad
>mfw Bradley beats Pacquiao tonight for the 2nd time
>>
>>66697808
Cause Floyd couldnt even knock out his baby mama. He even needed his bodyguard to help him. Its true look it up XD
>>
What time does this shit start family?
>>
>>66697557
08/09 Pacquiao gets stopped by Floyd.

Pacquiao wouldn't be the only one benefitting from the age. Floyd was always a bad matchup for Pacquiao, Marquez proved that counter punching is what beats him and FLoyd is a significantly better counter puncher than Marquez as well as a bigger fighter.

Floyd >>>>>>> Pacquiao
>>
>>66697857
about 2 hours
>>
>>66697800

>And way past his prime

A losing streak does not mean you're out of your prime you casual

>Marquez out boxed Manny 11 out of 12 rounds in the first fight

Never watched the first fight then clearly since it only ended up a draw due to the judges not counting r1 as a 10-6 round

>He fought Cotto/Oscar at THEIR specified weight classes and used a 2 lbs catchweight on a 22 year old Canelo when Floyd was 36, that's perfectly reasonable in my opinion.

He also made JMM come up TWO weight classes from 135 to 147 to fight him
>>
>>66697778
>>66697768
nice
>>
>>66697866

09 Floyd and 15 Floyd arn't that different, like i said he aged much better

09 Pac and 15 Pac are two completely different fighters
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.