[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How tight do you tie your skates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Bauer X60.jpg (127 KB, 480x485) Image search: [Google]
Bauer X60.jpg
127 KB, 480x485
Okay fellow hockey players/skaters

My problem is every time I lace up, my feet cramp and get really sore and I have to take them off right away. I tighten them by hand quite tight, Any tighter id lose circulation, any looser and id probably break my ankle, tie them up to the top eyelid. I'm size 11 1/2E shoe, I bought 10E bauer vapors, baked them, they fit great, until I hit the ice.

What the fuck am i doing wrong.
>>
It's all personal preference. There's no right or wrong choice, just keep loosening and tightening your laces until you can skate without catching edges.
>>
Maybe buy the right size next time retard
>>
>>64410717
>It's all personal preference.

This, Paul Coffey wore skates 2 sizes too small and tied them super tight. Other NHLers look like their skates are going to fall off.

>>64410718
You've never bought skates have you
>>
How fast is right away? How long have you been skating?

I have a weird arch so when I use the stock sole my feet feel like they're cramping so I bought some shock doctor inserts and havent looked back
>>
And you made sure the vapors fit your foot best right? as opposed to the nexus and supremes
>>
>>64410829
~5 minutes into skating, then i cant skate no more without atleast a half hour cool-off time wearing shoes.

Skated about 4 times last year, and twice this year all with that problem (same skate). But 8 years ago I skated every few days for many hours for about 4 years (so until 4 years ago) and never had a problem, having them real tight and a bit smaller, cheap skate that I had.

I tried putting wool socks on but my foot wont even fit in the skate. How much space does one of those take?
>>
>that pussy on the team that used a hook to tighten his laces so he wouldn't hurt his hands
>>
>>64410915
Man evolved by creating tools you monkey
>>
>>64410915
My entire aaa team had those they are pretty common nowadays
>>
>>64410890
they take up no space as long as you remove the stock sole

When I tighten mine I pretty much leave the first 4 eyelets alone then just tighten the next 3-4 are tight but not insane and then pull the last ones as hard as possible. Gives your foot some room to move and your ankle a lot of support

I have a pair of Vapor X70s and play hockey 2-3 times a week

>>64410915
I have never seen anyone use those, you'd probably get made fun of even though your fingers might be killing you
>>
Mfw I have never seen snow
>>
>>64410691
well i spent 5 seconds google searching skate sizes and the first site says size 11 shoes = size 12.5 Bauer
http://www.hockeygiant.com/hockey-skate-sizing.html
also try taping the ankle part of your skates if nothing else works
>>
>>64411131
wait i fucked up size 11 shoes = 9.5 bauer
>>
I keep my slightly tight up the middle then at the top just about as tight as I can
>>
>>64411174
I bought extra long laces so I could wrap them around the top a couple times, works great

waxed > non-waxed laces by the way
>>
>not getting skates molded for your foot before you buy

they literally do that for you at the store
>>
>>64410691
which model did you buy? only certain ones are actually bakable
>>
When I first started skating I was bad, 10 years old. I was fortunate enough for someone to take me aside and literally tape my ankles tight. After I built up the muscle and was skating well and progressed I wore them super loose up top. Now I just like em tight. Not sure if it's the skates or radius or the blade or what... just do what feels comfortable. You don't want it so tight it hurts. I'll adjust them after warmups half the time, even during the game.
>>
>>64411195
Still have to break them in. Honestly I don't like em baked, but I'm weird
>>
The best skaters I know keep them loose as fuck.
>>
>>64410691
too tight, takes time to break them in even baked
>>
>>64410915
I used one, specifically made for hockey, starting in 1972, ffs.
>>
>tfw you can't skate
>>
>>64411695
A friend of mine played juniors and his were so loose he could literally slip them on and off.
>>
File: milkbag.png (371 KB, 789x805) Image search: [Google]
milkbag.png
371 KB, 789x805
>tfw bringing back memories of losing 2-1 in the Finals

God damnit
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.