[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that this is the height of the LeBron Era, what's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7
File: lebron.png (131 KB, 350x254) Image search: [Google]
lebron.png
131 KB, 350x254
Well?
>>
>greatest player of all time
>only got rings because he willingly packed up and moved to his biggest rival's team
>>
>height of the LeBron era
Did I accidentally go back to 2012?
>>
>played in 10 straight finals
Most likely remembered as a Bill Russell style dominant force
>>
>>63922087
that weave on his head
>>
>>63922087
>Height of the LeBron Era

Nobody gives a fuck about this beta loser. All about Curry and the Warriors hype train. This faggot is irrelevant and on the decline.
>>
>>63922102
Like it or not, with Kobe retiring, this is a passing of the torch to LeBron

From MJ --> Kobe --> LeBron

>inb4 uncle tom mullato chucker

Yeah ok. No one says "Curry" when they make a shot. People say "Kobe" or "LeBron"
>>
>>63922145
but I thought curry makes more shots
>>
>>63922144

>Curry
>hype

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. LeBron has the the highest selling jersey since 2010.

Unlike most of you, I play basketball and know what players think. Most would instantly think of this as passing the torch to LeBron, who'll eventually pass it to AD, Durant or Westbrook
>>
>>63922145
More like the torch is being passed over LeBron and his 2 rings to Curry

Nobody gives a shit about LeBron anymore except Cleveland faggots tbdesu fampai
>>
>>63922145
It stopped being Kobe era when he got swept by the Mavs and his team faded into irrelevancy while LeBron started to make the finals every single year (even in a piss poor conference).

Also
>Kobe era
It was only Kobe era for autists who yell players names as they shoot. It was a Duncan/Kobe era
>>
>>63922225
>implying anyone outside of Golden State gives a fuck about Curry

Curry plays in an even smaller market than LeBron does.

The torch was beginning to be passed to LeBron in 2012, and now he will have full responsibility of being the face of the NBA.

Curry probably can't even lift as much as me. He doesn't get respect from most people. MJ and Kobe have more in common with LeBron, coming up the hard way, than Curry, the rich kid manlet uncle tom
>>
Kobe was never the outright best player in the NBA. Shaq, Duncan, and KG were better till about 05, then Duncan KG and Dirk were better, then Lebron from about 09. Prove me wrong
>>
>>63922256
>Kobe
>coming up the hard way

All those summers spent in Tuscany make you hard af apparently
>>
>>63922241
>>63922313

>Duncan
>ever better than Kobe

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. When was Duncan's 81 point game? Where's all his scoring titles? Where's all his defensive titles?

Shut the fuck up.
>>
The greatest player of all time
>>
>>63922087

w/e his face looks like with steph curry's cum shot on it
>>
>>63922336

Last I checked they both have 5 rings, and timmy isn't currently taking 30 mil from his team and going 1 for 9

if you were a gm and you had to pick between the two, somehow knowing each guy would win 5 rings, why the fuck would you pick kobe for your franchise? costs more, drama in the locker room, drama in the vagina

meanwhile timmy gets the job done with no bullshit
>>
>>63922256
>implying all the gooks don't love curry
>>
>>63922256
oakland is bigger than Leaveland
>>
>>63922706
This. People always say that Duncan isn't as good because he had the perfect environment to succeed while Kobe was stuck on often toxic Lakers. Somehow they fail to mention that Duncan's personality is perfect for creating a stable winning environment (the Spurs weren't considered a GOAT franchise until they drafted him) and Kobe's personality is perfect for creating endless locker room drama
>>
bunch of chokes with the cavaliers
choked with the heat, then eventually the star power prevailed
then back to a bunch of chokes with the cavaliers
>>
>>63922087
Underachiever. I doubt he'll win another ring.

He'll be 2-4 man (assuming he doesn't lose in the finals again, which he probably will). Should have stayed in Miami.
>>
File: le face of duncan-howard2.jpg (143 KB, 426x554) Image search: [Google]
le face of duncan-howard2.jpg
143 KB, 426x554
>>63922145
>Like it or not, with Kobe retiring, this is a passing of the torch to LeBron
Actually it's not happening like that.

Kobe couldn't carry the torch. Lakers have no one and are trash.

Lebron took the open throne.

There is no "kobe era". Technically it's "DUNCAN/KOBE era". And unlike Kobe, Duncan has a successor as well as a good shot for a year or two to win 1 more making it HIS era and extending it to "Duncan/Lebron era"

>>63922102
Nah, you're still in Lebron/Duncan era. Even if Curry win MVP and finals again it will just be Lebron/Curry era.

>inb4 2-4
No other team has beaten GSW TWICE including once at home since last year. Memphis did so in playoffs but got raped twice this season.
Lebron did it with out 3 of his top 4 players (kyrie, love, verajao)
>>
>>63923146
As if Miami wouldn't have gotten BTFO by GSW.

They got wrecked by some old ass men.
>>
>>63922256

>even smaller market than lebron

never mind the fact that the bay area is at least TWICE that of cleveland, people are hopping on the Warriros bandwagon all over northern california, and probably even Southern california
>>
>>63922087
>what's his legacy going to look like at the end?
I think he will be considered one of top 10 of all time, or top 20 for sure
>>
>farewell letter
Dear Kobe, You are surplus to the requirements of humanity. Enjoy your bouncing ball game millions.
>>
>>63923360
Oh wow, that's such an accomplishment
>>
>>63923508

>proven wrong
>wow, who cares
>>
>>63923433
Something tells me you wouldn't be this rude if local Australian hero Brendon McCullum retired tomorrow
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 964x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 964x640
>2 rings
>>
>>63923360
LA here. GSW "fans" are all over. It's fucking annoying. Where were they when they had that piece of shit Monta on the team? Even then, that wasn't even 10 years ago.
>>
>>63923662
They were probably Kobe fans until they realized the Lakers sucked dick. Say what you want about Warriors bandwagoners but what does that say about Lakers "fans"?
>>
>>63923662
There are a ton more Clipper fans

I've never seen a Warrior fan in LA
>>
>>63922256
>Kobe's upbringing was hard

His dad played in the NBA and they lived in upper class conditions in fucking Italy

b8
>>
>>63922087
Literally nobody cares about Lebron anymore. He got kucked in the finals by Curry and cemented his legacy as a fucking loser. Meanwhile Curry is leading his team to the greatest start of all time and slowly cementing his legacy as the greatest shooter of all time.
>>
>>63922087
People are going to look back at LeBron and say "yeah he was a good player, but he needed to move to Miami to get his rings, he wasn't special" Meanwhile people are going to say they witnessed the greatest of all time in Steph Curry.
>>
A no skill sizebabby that sold out his home for a few rings
>>
>>63924127
Upper class in Italy still means dirt floors and no plumbing
>>
>>63922804
Let's not forget that it was actually Kobe that had better teammates and a better coach. Kobe had SHAQ, for fuck's sake. Duncan has never had a teammate as good as Shaq. Kobe also had Phil Jackson, and everybody says Phil is the greatest coach of all time. Kobe should have won even MORE rings than he did, and the fact that he didn't is a knock against him.
>>
>>63922975
>then back to a bunch of chokes with the cavaliers

not Lebron's fault that Love's arm was ripped out of its socket in the Celtics series and Irving's glass body shattered in the Finals
>>
>>63923278

>being this salty that Kobe is better than Duncan and LeBron
>>
>>63922196
Too bad Curry overtook LeBeta for best selling jersey since July. Face it, he's an overrated underachiever and will never be considered GOAT no matter how bad his faggot fanboys want him to be.
>>
File: kevinlove.png (184 KB, 283x648) Image search: [Google]
kevinlove.png
184 KB, 283x648
>>63927206
Are you trying to tell me that Italy does not have plumbers?
>>
>>63927772
He's not, though.
>>
>>63922087
>the height of the LeBron Era

I'm sorry, is this 2013?
>>
>>63923636
what the fuck is with muller's forehead?
>>
>>63929504
He's Bavarian.
>>
>>63929471
He was, at least. I think you 12 year olds don't really remember Prime Kobe.

Duncan IS on his level, but Duncan has more consistent and reliable coaching / team.

Still Duncan deserves to be in the same breath as Kobe for sure.

Kobe extended into Lebron's time.

Curry is trying to get in too. Won't happen if they putter out in the play offs (though I doubt that).

It's suprising to me. Bitches don't remember 81. It's like they think that shit is even possible anymore.
>>
>>63929541
>Duncan has more consistent and reliable coaching / team

the one thing about the spurs is they arent fucking consistent at all. The team that beat miami got bounced out in the first round the year after
>>
what level are you guys in fallout 4?

34 here
>>
>>63927134

>Curry 1 ring
>all time great

HAHAHAHAHAHAOHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Get the fuck out of here

>>63929429
>since July

how about since 2010?
how about since 2011?
hell how about since 2013?
>>
>>63922145
>Yeah ok. No one says "Curry" when they make a shot. People say "Kobe" or "LeBron"

actually everyone i know says "curry". I work with a guy who was in a car accident and in a coma for 5 days, couldnt talk for a year, and says "curry". why the fuck would you say lebron?
>>
>>63929636
>a billion consecutive 50+ wins season
>getting at least to WCF every other year
>not consistent because got bounced in the 1st round after a 7 game series in a match up that had no business happening in the 1st round
>>
>>63929541
>Duncan IS on his level, but Duncan has more consistent and reliable coaching / team.

Oh, fuck that. Duncan may have been more consistent on those fronts, but Kobe's PEAKS were higher. Kobe had Shaq. Duncan never had a player like Shaq with him--Robinson was already fading when Duncan came onto the Spurs. As for coaching, doesn't Phil > Pop? If you think Duncan had better coaching you're essentially admitting that Pop is greater than Phil.
>>
>>63929636
>Spurs not consistent
You don't win 5 championships in a career on luck you dumb fuck.
>>
>>63922145

Kobe hasn't even seen the torch in five years
>>
>>63929636
For them to be consistent by your definition they'd have to win every year
>>
>>63929900
Phil is not better than pop. Give popovich those teams and he would've been just as successful you faggot
>>
kobe has shitty 30% rate.
>>
Lebron will be remembered as filler between GOATs like kobr and curry.
>>
is lebron done?

Curry is about to tie lelbron in rings, without jumping teams and playing GM + coach, or whining like a bitch every game.
>>
>>63922256
Lmao what's with people thinking Kibe came out the hood, Nigga was in Italy.
>>
>>63929900
Pop is better than Phil, even Horry called our Phil for being a front runner and wanting to only coach stacked teams... I'd even put Sloan ahead of Phil
>>
File: lecuck.jpg (57 KB, 599x450) Image search: [Google]
lecuck.jpg
57 KB, 599x450
Curry is already better than Lebron.

Lebron's position at the top is over and he can never recover from >2-4
>>
>>63922098
>biggest rival
wut
>>
>>63930024
Fuck D Will for making Sloan quit when it was his system that made that faggot good, Utah ain't been shit since he left
>>
File: 1445653622867.jpg (54 KB, 998x907) Image search: [Google]
1445653622867.jpg
54 KB, 998x907
Lebron will go 5-4 after 3 peating and scoring 100 points on Curry in game 4 of the finals this year to complete his sweep, with the game ending play being a 30 foot dunk over Curry
>>
>>63922313
>Kobe was never the outright best player in the NBA.

See 2009 and 2010
In those years Kobe was the alpha dog and was playing legit at the elite level.
>>
as far as i'm concerned, if curry wins it again this year, he's already matched lebron.
>>
>Height of the LeBron Era

We are on the decline without a doubt. His height was probably 2-4 years ago.

>>63931370
Definitely. James is a loser.
>>
>>63931246
AYYY

WE OUT HERE

WE UP

RNS
>>
>>63931331
09 was Wades NBA
>>
>>63929442
Why do you think the Mario bros moved to Brooklyn?
>>
>>63929832
You say lebron when u fall down after u airbags the shot
>>
LeBron will win another 2-3 rings desu senpai
>>
File: CSvIoP9UAAAhHx1.png (200 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
CSvIoP9UAAAhHx1.png
200 KB, 600x315
>>63922087
well what? he is going to be the top player for several more seasons. the average age of star player decline is 35 and it's only going up with advances in medicine and coaching techmique. i'd just kill myself now if i were you
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.