[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dr. Steelhammer, I'm WBO.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4
Dr. Steelhammer, I'm WBO.
>>
>>63876359
you're a big fighter
>>
Thats a big guy baka desu
>>
>>63877323
>tfw can't tell if Bolivia is in Africa or South America without looking
>>
>Wlad got beat by a guy who fights like a fat ass underwater

It's time to hang those gloves up, champ.
>>
>>63877962
>he doesn't think Fury has legitimate boxing skill

He's 6'9, has great stamina, head movement and routinely switches between Orthodox and Southpaw.
>>
>>63877962

Height > Skill desu
>>
>>63878125
i dont watch a lot of boxing but pretty much everyone i watched with said that he looked awkward as hell
>>
>>63878244
>Afraid to throw a punch most of the fight
>Literally didn't know what to do when the opponent didn't come charging on you
>Went through clinch withdrawal
Glad that slav got his
>>
>>63878343
awkward =/= bad
>>
>>63878343
and that's his power
>>
Ukraine hasn't been BTFO this hard since Putin's last aid convoy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSmHzcAEw0

undisputed banter world champion
>>
Do you guys think all of Fury's antics in the build up was just to make Klitschko think he was clown so he wouldn't take him seriously?
>>
>>63879603
it was to unsettle him

wlad is mentally a bit of a pussy bitch

he always fucks his opponents about and makes them jump through hoops so he can feel in control and let the other guy know who the boss is

Wlad couldn't control Fury in or out of the ring
>>
>>63879603
Wladimir is a control freak. He's incredibly methodical and uptight, every variable involved in a fight he'll try to limit.

Fury is pure chaos. I don't doubt it had some effect on his preparation.
>>
Which one of them can stop a double leg?
>>
>Klitschko BTFO
>Cotto BTFO

wew
>>
File: 1448796416999.jpg (101 KB, 1000x581) Image search: [Google]
1448796416999.jpg
101 KB, 1000x581
>>63879603

no doubt, but Fury's genuinely a madcunt anyway
>>
Pikeys should not be given any form of platform to act or express their views upon. Just let him fight and then put him back in his cage, don't give the guy a twitter account and a fucking microphone.
>>
>>63877516
Just keep in mind that their biggest export is cocaine and you should be able to remember.
>>
>>63880076

kek
>>
>>63879603
No, the guy is mentally ill.
>>
>>63878125
>The Fury shilling begins.

He's a shitty boxer m8. Deal with it. Wilder/Povetkin will just come over and meme on his parade and you know it.
>>
>>63880414
>Wilder
>Barely able to put away some French literally who pastry chef

He'll get destroyed the first time he faces anyone decent.
>>
>>63880414
Wilder will not face Povetkin. He's not a boxer.
>>
File: Anthony_Joshua_3069946b.jpg (79 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Anthony_Joshua_3069946b.jpg
79 KB, 620x387
This nigger needs to hurry up and take the titles off these clowns Fury and Wilder. Fucking sideshow attraction what the HW division has become.
>>
>>63880492
I don't think he should rush into it. I think Povetkin should fight Fury (if Klinchko refuses the rematch), then Povetkin vs Wilder (obviously) and the winner (Povetkin) should defend against Joshua.

The HW division might become interesting once again.
>>
>>63880547
It'll go Fury/Wlad rematch, then Fury vs Wilder in America. Then I think Joshua will be ready for Fury next year. IMO all the Eastern European HWs like Wach, Povetkin and Pulev will look ordinary against Fury as he's so awkward and has amazing footwork for 6"9.
>>
>>63880602
You think that Fury has a chance against Wilder/Povetkin? M8, lettuce be reality, Fury is getting one title defense and that is only coming if Wlad rematches him and we get the same shitfest as the first time.

Fury will always be considered a fluke in boxing history.
>>
>>63880649
Wilder stinks and Haymon will never let him face a real opponent for as long as he lives. Povetkin is a very good fight.
>>
>>63880602
Wilder beats Fury, he's a better boxer, has better straight punches, higher workrate and actually throws punches instead of staring at his opponent like Klitschko. Fury would have better luck against Povetkin where he has a sizable height advantage and can keep his distance towards a decision.
>>
If anything the fight exposed Klitschko for the height babby he always has been.
>>
>>63880414
>literally just beat the reigning undisputed champion of over 9 years decisively who's ranked top 5 P4P by pretty much everyone
>crediting that is somehow shilling

Stay salty you dumb slav
>>
Is there really gonna be a rematch?

If Wlad couldn't come out aggressive in the last 3 rounds when everyone knew his title was slipping away, he never will. He's done.
>>
>>63880774
>undisputed champion

Shows how much you know. No wonder you're fond of the pickey.
>>
>>63880818
Name someone who disputed that claim. Please.
>>
>>63880818
You're seriously arguing that Wladimir Klitschko wasn't the undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World?

What because that Memeontay Wilder had one random belt? That he got beating Stiverne? Who he got beating fucking Chris Arreola?

LITERALLY kill yourself.
>>
>>63880852
>>63880881

Do you even know what an "undisputed champion" means you dense casuals?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undisputed_boxing_champions#Heavyweight

>2007–Present, a boxer who holds the WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO titles simultaneously.

I should have known that /sp/ would be overrun with traveler idiots jumping on the bandwagon.

Get educated.
>>
>>63880852
>>63880881
Vitali Klitschko
>>63880924
yeah its a fucking waste that no one tries to consolidate the belts anymore
>>
>>63880924
The only belt that matters is the lineal one and he had that and defended it for years against everyone.
>>
>>63880952
Vitali retired over three years ago.
>>
>>63880924
No one uses it in this way anymore because the belt organisations are so fucking retarded.

If you honestly believe Wilder is worth 1/4th and Klitschko 3/4th's of the top spot, you need shooting.

>>63880952
Retired m8, he's now Mayor of Kiev.
>>
>>63880492
Fury will box his ears off. The Kiwi Joseph Parker is the one to watch.
>>
>>63880778
I think Wlad might feel that he was flustered/intimidated by Fury's style, but after going through it all he'll have overcome that fear and be able to focus more on executing a strategy.
>>
>>63880649
Povetkin...Really? The guy who absolutely bottled it against Wlad? That fight you witnessed Fury vs Wlad was partly mental and was an absolute boxing masterclass because Fury knew that Wlad could throw strong right crosses but by moving to Wlad's left he couldn't throw it the whole way through. I don't think he's a fluke.

>>63880709
And on Wilder as you both mentioned him, Tyson Fury smokes him in movement and headspeed. Check Wilder vs Molina, the knockout where he his throwing his feet all over the place when trying to get knockouts. Wilder has a great record but that mainly consists of bums or guys who are on their way out of boxing. Stiverne is the only one I can think of that actually meant anything. He's fought individuals like Audley Harrison, Jason Gavern in recent years who are jokes of the sport nowadays. If Wilder has such great knockout ability, how come it took him almost the whole fight to get Molina and Duhaupas out of there. Furthermore, I think Wlad is a better striker than Wilder and if he cannot catch Fury flush because of his head movement, then Wilder does not have a chance.
>>
>>63881067
Malik Scott is Wilder's best opponent and he went down from a punch that didn't even land. I'd be shocked if any of Wilder's fights are real. He's a joke.
>>
did any of you cunts actually think Fury would win?

I'm a noob to boxing but just watching a few of Fury's fights it was clear he was no joke and it was also clear that Wlad had been showing signs of slowing down.

Im a little upset that sports betting is still mostly illegal in US, I'd have put money on Fury
>>
>>63881067
>The guy who absolutely bottled it against Wlad?

He didn't bottle it, he was cheated. He'd probably KO this version of Wlad. He has improved since his loss (or started juicing), Wlad has declined, and a proper referee in Russia or America wouldn't let Wlad cheat like last time.
>>
>>63881047
Yeah lets wait til Parker fights someone decent before we start injecting him into conversations about relevant boxers. Somehow I think he'll go the route of Mundine and stay down under fighting absolute nobodies while people keep bringing him up when discussing actual contenders.
>>
>>63881147
I do think he had a chance considering how bad his recent opponents were. All the people in this thread mentioning people like Povetkin however, he was respectful and fell for the Klitschko mind games. Fury swaps between Orthodox and Southpaw really easily and this is something Wlad has not fought in the last ten years.
>>
>>63881147

He had a pretty unimpressive start to his career, constantly turning up out of shape, getting a gift decision against a guy called Big John for the British title and of course uppercutting himself in the face. It's clear though that he has worked hard and improved tremendously, which is lost in all his mad gyppo antics.
>>
>>63881147
No, I knew the fight would be boring but I thought it would be Klitschko's by way of UD. Klitschko absolutely shocked me by how timid and scared to engage he was. If theres a rematch he needs an entirely new gameplan, maybe a new trainer. Steward would have been yelling his ear off in that corner.

That or just hang them up.
>>
>>63881147
He's so eccentric it's hard to take him seriously. Even now he seems like a joke. He sung an R&B song in the ring after he won ffs
>>
>>63878343
>he looked awkward as hell
which is how you beat someone like Wlad. He's a very disciplined fighter so Fury made it scrappy and forced Wlad onto the back foot with his longer reach and erratic movement
>>
Three megafights this year and all three were fairly one sided.
>>
>>63881448
Four, and they all disappointed.
>>
>>63878125
He's not nearly 6'9". That's wwe levels of 'billed height' bullshit
>>
>>63881544

What was the fourth?

Canelo-Cotto, Pac-May, Wlad-Fury
>>
>>63878424

Not always but in this case, yes. Worst heavyweight champ of all time. Boxing is dead.
>>
Fury didn't win the fight as much as Klit lost it. It was a pitiful performance by both men really, but Wlad just refused to throw anything.

Confirms Wlad shouldn't even be mentioned in the top 100 heavy weights if al time. He relied in his size and shitty opponents his entire career.

Fury beat Wlad with awkwardness, not boxing skill. Put fury in a fight with prime Lennox Lewis and he gets blasted in 4

Heavyweight division is a joke, Joshua literally the only savior.
>>
>>63881831
Mitt "Political Clout of Knockin' Niggas Out" Romney vs Evander Holyfield
>>
>>63881863
>Worst heavyweight champ of all time
douglas
>>
>>63882162
John Ruiz
>>
>>63881067
>absolute boxing masterclass

Pfhahahahahahahahaha
m8 I really like the Fury antics and fuck Klitschko (in particular last 4 years), but nah. If he meets Povetkin for instance, he goes down.
>>
>>63882034
They both fought badly and I think Fury can fight a lot better at that considering that he's such a great counterpuncher. If Wlad threw his right more I'm sure Fury would have threw some big shots in return.
>>
>>63880076
that fucking image, kek
>>
>>63882337
What's funny about that? The fact that Wlad did not throw his right in that fight until the later rounds was because of Fury's head movement and footwork. Fury made him look bad because of this.

Maybe, Povetkin is small for heavyweight and his reach would definitely be inferior to Fury's. Another reason why Wlad couldn't get close.
>>
>>63882561
yep. Wlad is (was) a great boxer but he's a reachbabby and if he can't control the range and pace of a fight he looks lost and scared. Hence why if someone dives inside he goes straight to clinching.

Fury worked the punches in the clinch as well, which Wlad couldn't answer
>>
Frogposters/masterrace:
-current favorite boxers list includes Kovalev, Canelo, Lara doesn't include Golovkin, Ward, Fury, Klitschko
-aware that Tyson wasn't anywhere near as good as he was marketed, same with Ali
-love Mayweather

Casuals/I-watched-youtube-highlights-tier:
-current favorite boxers: DUDE Golovkin LMAO, DUDE, Tyson Fury lmao,
-still think Tyson and Ali are the best ever
-rooted for Pacquiao in the Mayweather-Manny bout
-think Tyson Fury is a good boxer
>>
>>63882644

Golovkin is great though.

>he scores KOs all the time so you must be a casual to like him
>>
>>63880414
>He's a shitty boxer m8. Deal with it.

So Wlad is so poor he got beat by a shitty boxer, okm8.
>>
>>63882644

if you don't like GGG you're a contrarian or black
>>
>>63880924
you're a spastic, m8.
>>
>>63882680
He's great, but he's clearly a casual-bait.
>>
>>63882337
>If he meets Povetkin for instance, he goes down.

People said the same, with a hell of a lot more confidence, about Klitschko.
>>
>>63882684
Yes, yes he is. That is exactly what I'm saying.

>>63882699
Beats being a filthy casual.
>>
>>63882706
Golovkin is basically Kostya Tszyu lite
>>
>>63882644
>current favorite boxers list includes Kovalev
if you're an actual fan of boxing
>Canelo
if you're a beaner
>Lara
if you're a spic
>>
>>63882644
>loving Gayweather

Nah, he's a faggot, m8.
>>
>>63882769
Kovalev is literally THE masterrace and #1 at the moment. Can't wait for the Ward fight
>>
>>63882760
Yeee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJORsqEZUR0
>>
>>63880755

I hope you are trying to b8 and not being serious
>>
>>63881351
>R&B song

mate...
>>
>>63882644

>loving chickenfeather

the man with the most padded record of all time
>>
File: tips TMT snapback.jpg (461 KB, 1000x1247) Image search: [Google]
tips TMT snapback.jpg
461 KB, 1000x1247
>>63883119
>Pacquiao, Marquez, De La Hoya, Cotto, Alvarez, Mosley, Hatton, Corrales, Maidana, Judah etc.
>padded

Like I said before, I'm truly blessed.
>>
>>63883453

>literally whos and men past their primes

definition of padded if you ask me
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.