[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cbb/ College Basketball General Exhibition Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sp/ - Sports

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12
File: tumblr_meodiuZ1vE1rzi2kr[1].jpg (38 KB, 300x297) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_meodiuZ1vE1rzi2kr[1].jpg
38 KB, 300x297
The real season begins on Friday the 13th in 4 days.

Preseason Rankings: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

New Pussified Rules: http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2015-06-08/ncaa-changes-shot-clock-30-seconds-makes-other-changes-game

Embarassments of the preseason:
>Iowa losing to Division 3 Augustana
>Clemson winning in 2OT vs Division 2 Lenoir-Rhyne
>Arizona losing their hyped freshman for the season with ACL injury
>>
Michigan State vs Ferris State final exhibition radio:
http://www.spartansportsnetwork.com/modules.php?name=Pages&file=live&op=live&id=1304715&currentStream=audioPlayer&feedStudio=air&s247=true
>>
File: gig em.png (253 KB, 335x375) Image search: [Google]
gig em.png
253 KB, 335x375
Last year got interesting until we dropped our chance at getting into the touney. best recruiting class in years they keep telling us.
>>
MSU is gonna win it all this year. Last year they had shooters but no big men. Now they have Deyonta Davis, one of the best freshman centers in the US. He can provide scoring and defense down low and Gavin Shilling can now play the 2, his natural position. Denzel Valentine has a good shot at winning player of the year, and Forbes and Nairn are elite 3 point shooters.

Watch out Duke, its time for revenge.
>>
>>63463045
looks like half your team transferred though thats always rough
>>
Augustana is DII

still hilarious tho
>>
>>63463114
Mate I'm a MSU fan but don't tell me that Tum-Tum is a good shooter lmao.

I think our team will be definitely better than last years though. Hopefully they improve at the end like last year too
>>
File: tarheels.gif (25 KB, 262x388) Image search: [Google]
tarheels.gif
25 KB, 262x388
>>63463114
right idea, wrong team. also you cant beat us, ever.
>>
File: black feels.png (53 KB, 596x739) Image search: [Google]
black feels.png
53 KB, 596x739
>>63463117
oh i didn't hear about that. fugg
>>
nebraska's getting their tourney win this year
>>
>>63463129
Nope that was misreported by Iowa.

They're D-3 according to Augustana's own website. (though admittedly ranked 1 overall)
http://www.athletics.augustana.edu/news/2015/10/28/MBB_1028150736.aspx
>>
>>63463191
That's not the Augustana Iowa lost to.

The team they played is from South Dakota. Coincidentally they're ranked #1 in Division II.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 480x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 480x386
Terps baybay
>>
>>63463389
and both teams are called the Vikings.
>>
So why is UNC ranked number 1?
>>
how many times is maryland gonna be hyped up only to fail?

they are like, the fifth best team in the big ten desu
>>
>>63463462
almost beat national runner-up in NCAA tournament

get everybody back plus some freshmen
>>
>>63463820
I see.

Well I hope they fail. College basketball is so much better when UNC aren't in the national title picture
>>
>>63463883

you sound like an Illinois or Michigan State fan

glad this year is going to suck for you hater
>>
>>63463988
Dook fan actually.

Season won't suck except for our loss to a 13-15 seed team.
>>
>>63464027
dook fans don't call themselves dook
>>
>>63464151
Sluts don't call themselves sluts.

But your mom still does it anyways
>>
>>63464251
>calling your team a piece of shit

you are a dumbfuck bro
>>
> new football coach, expected to struggle
> 8-1 and ranked in top 12
> new basketball coach, expected to struggle
>???

Guess it depends on how shit the SEC is. Senile Dickie V has us in the tourney lol
>>
>AA 7' Center
>7'2" backup center
>reigning B10 DPOY
>5 star stud Swanigan incoming

Purdue Final 4 incoming.
>>
>Indiana, Purdue, ND and Butler all ranked

Indiana confirmed best hoops state. Suck it North Carolina.
>>
Michigan State just had a player foul out in an exhibition game lol. These new rules are going to kill this defense.
>>
>Oklahoma ranked 8
Da fuq?
>>
File: 1445140347136.gif (291 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1445140347136.gif
291 KB, 500x373
>>63463114
>
>>
>>63462576
DENZEL
E
N
Z
E
L

Best class in a long fucking time
>>
>>63464601
Blake Griffin is the only Oklahoma basketball player in their history I can name
>>
>>63464593
Jesus, really? That's horrible news.

Good for UM though, we can run and shoot with anyone.
>>
>>63464601
It's because half of their players are from Texas, so they must be good.
>>
>>63462554
>LSU over Baylor
>Purdue behind Vanderbilt
>Michigan behind Notre Dame
Shit ranking desu
>>
>>63464601
They've only sent Blake Griffin to the NBA, but they've still managed to have really solid teams for years now. Buddy Heild is a very good guard and the team is experienced. IDK if they're going to be top 10 by the end of the year, but they'll be good.
>>
File: 1389464356666.gif (2 MB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
1389464356666.gif
2 MB, 450x254
>>63464973
>mfw oklahoma is the only program in which this meme applies for most of their sports
>>
>>63465113
>Implying we won't be national champs
>>
MSU vs Ferris State Final
93-57

Matt McQuaid looks amazing as a freshman, nearly had a double double with 9 points and 8 assists. Valentine not too far off from his 3rd triple double either.
>>
>>63465221
That will be the University of Michigan Wolverines, my blue blooded friend.
>>
>>63462554
>players can now be punished for flopping
>1 less time out
>pussy technical fouls (hanging on rim) are 1 shot
neat
>>
>>63464704
> michigan talking shit about basketball

Remind me how you guys did in the tournament last year. I cant seem to remember.
>>
> tfw in 2013 Michigan has five ( 5 ) NBA starters on their team but still could not win the title

lmaoing t.bh

MSU does better with much less. Embarassing how michigan chokes in both football and basketball
>>
>>63465385
>CBB is about the players
>CBB isn't about coaching
LMAOing at your lyfe m9
>>
>>63465385
the Fab 5 were together for two years and got zero (0) national titles
>>
>>63465385
They are both objectively shit.
>>
>>63465653
3/5 were real NBA players though
>>
>>63465768
Duke and Carolina probably had 3 combined real NBA players those two years they beat the Fab 5
>>
So has anything happened to Louisville since that large OTL report with all that information on the parties?
>Pitino trying to get by with the I didn know nuffin defense
>>
>>63465994
in the end nobody will give a fuck that some niggers fucked
>>
I'm pretty nervous about the Michigan State vs Kansas game. I have a good feeling that whoever wins that game is gonna land Josh Jackson and the last time we had a player as good as him we won the natty.
>>
>>63465823
B-but muh freshman they got BTFO in the 2nd half and then the choke which always makes me laugh
>>
>>63463117

It's because the incoming Freshman class was so good. Majority of people that transfer out would be beaten out by the incoming Freshmen.

I think A&M makes it to the Sweet 16 at least this year. Loses SEC Tourney Final to Kentucky in OT
>>
File: osu_believe.jpg (27 KB, 340x427) Image search: [Google]
osu_believe.jpg
27 KB, 340x427
Is this year the year? Can they at least beat oregon for once?
>>
>>63466330
sweet 16 spot would help soften the blow of this year's clusterfuck of a football season.
>>
>>63466594
>Implying ATM won't win the SEC and get into the playoff
Why so pessimistic M9?
>>
File: carlelbron.jpg (21 KB, 286x368) Image search: [Google]
carlelbron.jpg
21 KB, 286x368
>>63466725
where was this confidence booster before the bama game, friend?
>>
>>63462554
>5 second rule is gone
Woah. That's a big change.
>>
anybody /fsu/ here?
>>
>>63466946
>FSU actually recieved votes
>Florida didn't
How in the fuck
>>
> Mitch Mcgary
> Nik Stauskas
> Glenn Robinson
> Tim Hardaway
> Trey Burke

Lmao thats like a NBA team
>>
>>63466330
>Majority of people that transfer out would be beaten out by the incoming Freshmen.
That's still a bunch of depth and experience that you lost. Hollowing out your team thru transfers is going to mean you'll probably start slow and you'll need to finish pretty strong to make the tourney.

Plus, playing in the SEC means that you'll get zero respect unless you're kicking serious ass.
>>
>>63466989
>replace coach with coach from Louisiana tech
>expect to be ranked preseason
>>
>>63467058
>McGary
>0 minutes
>Stauskas
>Couldn't start on the Kings, only starting because the 76ers are D-League team outside of their bigs
>Robinson
>Been cut twice already, getting garbage time minutes
>Hardaway
>One of the worst defenders to seeing PT in the league and brings nothing other than a streaking 3 point shot
>Trey Burke
>Bench guard who wouldn't be seeing the court much at all if he wasn't on the Jazz, came off the bench for John Lucas III

Really ""talent"" you got there.
>>
>>63466330
A&M won't even make the SEC tourney bruh
>>
>>63466797
kinda, it says while dribbling the ball, so if you pick it up the five second rule starts it seems
>>
>>63467334
I at least expected 1 vote. I mean holy fuck M8, we're better than UC Irvine for sure
>>
>>63467475
Preseason polls are based on expectations, new coach means no expectations
>>
>Removing the ability for a coach to call timeout when the ball is live.
But players still can so not much changes i guess
>>
>>63467475
UC Irvine was decent though, they've got some freakish super-big who can score and a good guard who can feed him the ball. It's not a great team but they nearly got the upset in the first round of the tournament last year.
>>
>tfw most underrated coach in the country left us for Florida and we lost three of the best players in school history
at least we got a decent freshman class incoming
>>
>>63467512
Florida got 4 votes at the start of football season with a brand new coach from Colorado State, but I guess you can attest that to SEC bias. Might take a while to get back to the kind of relevance Billy D had us at. Recruiting will certainly be tougher at the start.
>>
>>63469364
Florida still had talent on defense though, and had been constantly putting guys into the NFL, even if no one knew what to expect from the offense.

I know Florida has a pair of wings who have some athleticism, but what does your team actually look like?
>>
>>63469788
Not too much different from last season, but probably our best player is Finney-Smith so that pretty much sums up the team in a nutshell. One of our forwards, Alex Murphy, is out for at least a month, if not two. Devin Robinson is also pretty good, depending if he's used more as PF than a SF, or at the very least he improves upon a paltry 26% 3 point percentage.

Our nonconference schedule includes St. Joesph's, Vermont, Purdue, Florida State, FGCU, Miami, Richmond, Michigan State, and Oklahoma State, and then West Virginia in late January for the Big 12/SEC challenge.

One thing to be hopeful for is that the defense remains strong. Despite the rough season Kempom ranked UF 11th in adjusted defense.
>>
>Clemson winning in 2OT vs Division 2 Lenoir-Rhyne

I'm surprised we won.
>>
>>63470241
That isn't a bad OOC schedule there, you'll have a chance to prove yourself some.

Do you guys even have a legit PG? IIRC last year you had a SG doing a lot more ball handling than he was meant for.
>>
>>63470484
join sec. we'll make your program look elite as fuck
>>
Selden worries me, he regressed a lot. Svi's going to be a bench warmer this season.
>>
>>63470519
Do you mean Kasey Hill?
>>
>>63470537
Gotta afford that buyout first. Plus, I don't think they'll make the move unless FSU follows.
>>
>>63470753
the more teh merrier
>>
>>63463144
This desu

I like Izzo, mad respect for the man, but if Michigan State plays UNC at any point in the tournament UNC is going to run train on the poor Spartans
>>
>>63470698
Yeah him, from what I saw he was pretty rough at PG, so DFS and Fraizer had to handle the ball more than they looked comfortable doing. Do you think that he's improved? And how's his backup, can he push him for minutes or run the offense well?

I didn't watch a ton of UF games since they weren't a tournament team, so I could have gotten a bad impression.
>>
anyone know how the Buckeyes will fare in the B1G?
>>
>>63463045
>lose to Alabama twice
>somehow rated one of the better teams last year

I really don't understand it. Alabama isn't even supposed to be good yet; maybe two years down the line but definitely not last year. Why was A&M getting so much hype?
>>
>>63470903
Looks like Hill might be staying at PG, with our SG being KeVaughn Allen. Hill's backup is sophomore Chris Chiozza.

We also get Devon Walker back who missed all last season with a torn ACL.
>>
>>63470939
>Why was A&M getting so much hype?
double OT game against kentucky. crazy fucking game.
>>
>>63470753
>wanting to leave the ACC

You're a charter member m8, don't pull a Texas A&M and backout. You'd be no better than SCAR and Maryland
>>
File: osu-pistol-pete-head-decal-3.jpg (66 KB, 253x297) Image search: [Google]
osu-pistol-pete-head-decal-3.jpg
66 KB, 253x297
>tfw the only chance you had in years Travis Ford and Marcus "Not So" Smart blew it.
>tfw you got the little bro of Ibaka on your team but appaarently he sucks as fuck.
>tfw you live and die with Phil Forte's 3s
>tfw you will fail to enter the MM
>>
>>63464973
>yfw texas blows so much that people voluntarily leave there for oklahoma
>>
>>63471415
>Marcus "Not So" Smart
God DAMN I hated Marcus Smart so much. His only redeeming feature was the fact that he inspired that mass flop by Iowa State's student section a couple years ago. That shit was hilarious.
>>
The Southern Mississippi men's basketball program will not be eligible to go to the postseason for the second consecutive year, due to self-imposed sanctions stemming from the transgressions of former coach Donnie Tyndall.

The university made the announcement Sunday and said it has informed both the NCAA and Conference USA of its decision to add a second year of a self-imposed postseason ban.
>>
>>63463045
I hope so. I would like to get some use out of my sports pass, since football has been disappointing this year.
>>
File: Buzz.jpg (57 KB, 760x507) Image search: [Google]
Buzz.jpg
57 KB, 760x507
>First time in 5 years VT won't finish last in the ACC

Tech's gonna surprise some people in the ACC this year. It won't be a tournament year, but it'll be an improvement over everything since 2010-2011.
>>
>>63471032
If we're out of this fucking Yankee conference then I'll be fucking happy
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.